Y ou will be able to tell if your F150 has the max tow package by looking at the owner’s manual for your vehicle and determining what it is. If you have misplaced the owner’s manual, or the previous owner did, you can contact Ford and check via the vehicle’s VIN. The VIN will be displayed in the window of your truck.
If you’re still unsure, the easiest way is to look up your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on the Ford ETIS website and look over the various specifications to confirm whether your truck comes with a max tow package or not.
You will be able to tell if your F150 has the max tow package by looking at the owner’s manual for your vehicle and determining what it is. If you have misplaced the owner’s manual, or the previous owner did, you can contact Ford and check via the vehicle’s VIN. The VIN will be displayed in the window of your truck.
How do I know if my F150 has the Max tow package?
How Do I Know if My F150 Has the Max Tow Package? The easiest way to tell if your Ford truck has the Max Tow Package is by looking at its extra towing features. This entails looking at the truck’s build sheet. However, you can also tell the difference once you attach your cargo or trailer to the tow hitch.
What does the Ford towing package do?
The latter towing package also makes your Ford truck more geared to tow heavier loads such as RVs and trailers. It also comes with advanced engine cooling capabilities to help keep your engine cool as you tow the heavier load.
What happens if you exceed your truck’s Tow package?
While it may seem like a trivial issue exceeding your truck’s tow package can lead to an accident. A heavier load may cause the truck to swerve as its axle is not designed to handle the extra load. What is the F150 Max Tow Package? This is the extra towing features package designed to make towing in your F150 easier.
Do all F150 have tow package?
The regular F-150, on the other hand, comes with a standard tow package that you can upgrade with three additional tow packages. With the standard model, you get a regular 4 pin trailer wiring harness, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, and engine oil cooler.
How do I know if my Ford has a towing package?
Re: How to tell if it has Factory Tow Package
Factory tow package will have the hitch, wiring, oil cooler and sway control. The hitch will be tucked up, with a black plastic trim piece covering where it would interfere with the bumper.
How do I know if I have a factory tow package?
A tow package for a vehicle is usually a frame mounted trailer hitch and trailer wiring on a vehicle like your 2002 Dodge Dakota. If you have those two things you could pretty easily assume you have the tow package. Or, you can take the VIN of your vehicle to a Dodge dealer and they will be able to tell you.
What is included in F150 tow package?
The Maximum Trailer Tow package is available on the 3.5L engine and comes with an electronically locking rear axle, larger 36-gallon tank, a class IV hitch receiver, a Smart connector, a trailer brake control, front stabilizer bar, and a hitch lamp for easier viewing at night.
What is the difference between tow package and trailer package?
The main difference is that a tow package is meant to allow for towing just about anything with your vehicle, but a trailer package is designed specifically for towing a trailer behind your vehicle. The upgrades that come with a tow package often range from engine upgrades to improved electrical and cooling systems.
How do I know what packages my F150 has?
You will be able to tell if your F150 has the max tow package by looking at the owner’s manual for your vehicle and determining what it is. If you have misplaced the owner’s manual, or the previous owner did, you can contact Ford and check via the vehicle’s VIN. The VIN will be displayed in the window of your truck.
How do I find the towing capacity of my VIN?
Towing capacity formula
- Find out curb weight (on VIN sticker).
- Add the weight of passengers, fuel, and cargo to the curb weight.
- Subtract this number from your vehicle’s GCWR ( you may have to look this up using your VIN if it’s not on the door sticker).
- This is your max towing capacity.
How do I know if my 2019 f150 has max tow package?
If it says: ‘Load Leveling’, you have MAX TOW. If it says ‘Heavy Duty’, you have the 535 package.
Can a Ford f150 tow 8000 lbs?
The Ford F-150 towing capacity of the 3.5L EcoBoost® is 13,200 lbs., while the payload amounts to 3,230 lbs. It’s similar to that of the 2019 Ford F-150 engine. When it comes to the HO 3.5L EcoBoost® engine, it’s available only for the F-150 Raptor and Limited models. It can either have 8,000 lbs. or 11,100 lbs.
Will my VIN number tell me if I have a tow package?
vin will not actually show what packages are with the vehicle using a decoder. they have to do a vin lookup in dealer daily to see what options/pkg are added to the vehicle. since the tow package is an option that is either installed at the port (PIO) or at the dealer (DIO).
How do I know if my truck has the max trailering package?
In short, under the options on the window sticker will be ‘maximum trailering package. Alternatively you can look for the RPO code NHT inside the glovebox.
How do I know what class hitch I have?
Hitch classes are separated by their maximum weight capacity rating and receiver opening size. Classes range from I to V, and each class has its own unique capacity and applications. To find: Read the label on your hitch, or measure the size of the opening.
What size travel trailer can a F150 pull?
Generally, F-150s can only safely pull trailers weighing less than 5,000 pounds. However, some models with the right engine and the right towing package can pull trailers as heavy as 7,000 pounds. So if you have an F-150, you should be able to easily use it to pull a lightweight travel trailer or fifth-wheel camper.
Does tow package include brake controller?
Well-Known Member. It does not. It’s available through Ford accessories.
What is the towing capacity of the Ford F-150 fifth-wheel?
What is the Towing Capacity of F-150 Fifth-Wheel? The towing capacity of the maximum fifth-wheel is 12,100 pounds, which is the 4 x 2 XL standard cabs with an eight-foot bed, 3.5 liters EcoBoost, 3.55 axle ratios and then a Maximum Trailer Tow Package. This brings the total cost of the automobile to #33,540.
Does the 2015 Ford lariat have a tow package?
Does any of this mean it has a tow package? Yes. 2015 Lariat came with standard receiver hitch and 4-pin trailer connector. The fact you have the 7-pin connector means you have at least the regular tow pkg. Because you also have the ITBC and 3.5L EcoBoost drivetrain, you might even have the Max Tow pkg.
How do I know if my 2012 F150 has max tow package?
You will be able to tell if your F150 is equipped with the maximum towing package by consulting the owner’s handbook for your vehicle and analyzing what it includes. It is possible to contact Ford and have the vehicle’s VIN checked to see if you have misplaced the owner’s manual, or if the previous owner did. The vehicle identification number (VIN) will be displayed on the truck’s window.
How much can a 2012 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost tow?
The EcoBoost engine performs admirably in work vehicle applications as well. Let’s start with the stats once more: the maximum towing capacity is 11,300 pounds, and the payload rating is 3,060 pounds, which is rather impressive.
What is the GVWR of a 2012 Ford F150?
The 2012 Ford F-150 has a gross vehicle weight rating ranging from 6,450 to 7,450 pounds.
Can a Ford F150 tow 8000 lbs?
The simple answer is that most modern-day F-150s are capable of towing a travel trailer weighing between 5,000 and 8,000 pounds with gear, depending on the engine, rear-axle ratio, and number of optional features installed on the vehicle in question.
Which F-150 has the most towing capacity?
Introducing for 2021, the available 3.5L PowerBoostTM Full Hybrid V6 engine provides Built Ford Tough® capability with the most torque available in an F-150 and a total available maximum towing capacity of 12,700 pounds3 while providing an EPA-estimated range of approximately 700 miles on just one tank of gas.
Can a 2012 f150 pull a fifth wheel?
The 2012 Ford Pickups and Chassis Cabs are the genuine deal, and they have the capability of towing the heaviest trailers in their respective classes. When properly outfitted, the Super Duty® can tow conventional trailers weighing up to 17,500 pounds and 5th-wheel trailers weighing up to 26,600 pounds, according to Ford.
How much can a 2011 f150 EcoBoost tow?
The 2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost V-6 will have 365 horsepower and a towing capacity of 11,300 pounds. The engine range for the 2011 Ford F-150 has been completely redesigned, but it is the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine in particular that has the potential to make the most influence on the light truck category.
Can a 2012 F-150 pull a fifth wheel?
How much does a 2012 Ford F-150 weigh?
2012 Ford F-150/Curb weight ranges from 4,685 to 6,210 lbs.
How much weight can a 2011 Ford F-150 tow?
2011 Ford F-150 towing capability ranges from 5,500 to 9,600 pounds.
Can a F-150 pull a 30 foot camper?
When equipped with the proper trim level and tow package, the Ford F-150 can tow up to 13,200 pounds. When it comes to towing a travel trailer, most (but not all) F-150 versions are capable of hauling a camper weighing less than 6,000 pounds.
What is the 2012 Ford F150 towing capacity for 5th Wheel?
When it comes to towing capacity, the easiest approach to establish whether or not your 2012 Ford F-150 is capable of towing a 5th wheel that weighs 11000 lbs is to consult the owner’s handbook for the vehicle in question.
What is the towing capacity of a 2000 F150?
The average towing capacity of a 1999-2000 Ford F-150 equipped with an automatic gearbox ranged from 4,400 lbs. to 8,800 lbs., while the average towing capacity of a Ford F-150 equipped with a manual transmission ranged from 1,900 lbs. to 3,600 pounds. Models from 2000 Ford F 150 Conventional Towing Chart 2000 Ford F 150 Towing Chart for a 2000 Ford F 150 with a fifth wheel
How much can a 2019 Ford F-150 tow?
In 2018-2019, the average towing capacity for Ford F-150s with automatic transmissions ranged from 5,000 lbs to 13,200 lbs, with the increased capabilities resulting from the addition of towing options, as previously stated. The Limited and Raptor versions had the lowest weight ratings, which were connected together. Models for 2019 Towing Chart for the Ford F 150 Conventional Towing
What is the towing capacity of a 2004 Ford F-150?
Towing capacity for Ford F-150s manufactured in 2004 ranged from 5,900 lbs. to 10,000 lbs., depending on the model. The only specifications were that the GCWR and maximum trailer weight would be reduced by 500 lbs. if your vehicle was equipped with 18-inch wheels.
How to Tell if F150 Has Max Tow Package
Towing freight with your Ford F150 may be a difficult task, especially if you are not familiar with the weight of the cargo or the maximum towing capacity of your vehicle.While it may seem like a minor inconvenience, exceeding the towing capacity of your truck might result in an accident.If the vehicle is carrying a greater load, it may swerve because the axle is not intended to bear the additional weight.
What is the F150 Max Tow Package?
This is the additional towing features kit, which is meant to make towing with your F150 a little more convenient.A 2015 Ford F150 can tow a total of 13,200 pounds.However, there are substantial variances between the F150 basic tow package and the F150 Max Tow Package.Adding the latter towing package also improves your Ford truck’s ability to pull greater loads, such as recreational vehicles and trailers.It also has improved engine cooling capabilities, which will assist you in keeping your engine cool while you pull a bigger weight with ease.The F150 Max Tow kit is designed to allow your vehicle to tow greater weights while not placing additional strain on the engine.
It also features a specialized frame, transmission system, braking system, and other technologies to assist decrease the impact of the weight on the truck and make driving your vehicle more comfortable and convenient..
How Do I Know if My F150 Has the Max Tow Package?
The most straightforward approach to determine whether or not your Ford vehicle has the Max Tow Package is to look at the additional towing options it offers.Examining the truck’s construction sheet is required for this task.It is possible to notice the difference after your cargo or trailer is attached to the tow hitch, though.In addition, the Max Tow Package is equipped with cutting-edge technical features that make it even easier to operate.The following are additional Max Tow package features:
Trailer backup assist
The ability to back up more easily is very useful when your trailer is hitched to your vehicle.The assist is equipped with a knob that allows you to reverse the direction of the help by twisting the knob in the opposite direction of the assist.This will allow the trailer to proceed in the direction that has been determined.Also, have a look at this: With No Key, Here’s How To Remove The Spare Tire From Your Ford F150 The backup assist also assists with the coordination of truck steering with trailer movement.It also comes with a rearview camera for keeping track of your backup position while driving.
This kit includes cameras that allow you to see everything in the rearview mirror, which increases your towing capability. The cameras are also equipped with a top-of-the-line virtual assistant to make monitoring easier. You will also be able to monitor your goods from all possible angles thanks to the strategically positioned cameras.
Tire pressure monitor
The use of this function allows you to keep track of your tire pressure while hauling freight, and it will alert you if the pressure is too low.Each tire features a built-in pressure monitor, which makes it easy to keep track of the pressure in each tire.Because of this, the pressure is represented numerically on the productivity screen, which is positioned on the truck’s dashboard, making it more clear to read.
Trailer tow connector
This function informs you of the current state of the connection between your truck and the goods being towed by your vehicle. When something goes wrong, such as a loss of connectivity or an instrument failure, you will be notified immediately. The function features a warning signal with a blinking light that appears on your productivity screen when the feature is turned on or off.
Who Needs the F150 Max Tow Package?
- Anyone who is responsible for towing unusually heavy material.
- Towing big goods on uneven terrain highways with a truck is prohibited by law.
- Anyone interested in using their truck to tow a tiny house, recreational vehicle, or trailer
- Anyone who is interested in a package that enables connecting freight to a hitch easier is welcome to inquire.
- Anyone who has difficulty reversing their vehicle while towing a load
Do All F150 Have a Tow Package?
All Ford pickup vehicles are equipped with a towing package. Aside from that, you have the choice of selecting between a regular Trailer Tow package and a Max Tow package.
F150 Bogs Down When Accelerating: Possible Causes
- The following are the most common causes of unsuccessful engine acceleration: As a result, when the mass airflow sensor fails, the engine receives insufficient air injection, causing it to bog down. The ″check engine light″ illuminates as a result of this problem.
- In the event of a fuel pump failure, insufficient gasoline will be injected into the engine, resulting in reduced acceleration.
- It is possible that the throttle position sensor is not functioning properly, resulting in the engine getting less power and reducing its capacity to accelerate.
- A dirty fuel injector can also result in poor acceleration owing to a reduction in the amount of gasoline delivered to the engine.
If you find that your vehicle is bogging down when accelerating, you should have it checked out immediately because this might result in an accident.
How To Tell If F150 Has Max Tow Package?
There’s a good reason why the Ford F-150 Full Pickup Size truck is the best-selling car in America: it’s a great truck.It may function both as a workhorse and as a vehicle for family transportation.Work trucks, luxury trucks, and even an off-road raptor are among the many models available in the company’s extensive model lineup.A Ford truck is a very competent machine in and of itself, but a Ford truck that has been outfitted with a correctly installed tow package may significantly improve the overall performance of the vehicle.In the sections that follow, I’ll explain how to identify a tow package, and more particularly, how to determine whether a Ford F-150 has a maximum tow package.
What is a Tow Package?
- A tow package is a comprehensive collection of all of the vehicle parts required to tow a load of your choosing safely and reliably, all in one place. Simply simply, a tow package increases the weight rating of the towing vehicle, allowing it to haul a greater amount of weight with more reliability. It is customary to think of the tow package as nothing more than a trailer hitch, but the reality is that it is far more complicated. Much more is involved in putting together a tow package to guarantee that you can securely transport your weight without jeopardizing your safety or the condition of your vehicle. A tow package for your vehicle may have the following features in addition to a hitch platform: a more powerful engine
- a more durable gearbox and brakes
- a more robust electrical, wiring, and cooling system to withstand big loads
- Upgraded suspension system (e.g., improved shock absorbers, etc.)
- improved steering system.
- The gearing in the rear-end (differential) has been improved to make towing simpler.
However, it’s crucial to remember that not all of these features will be included in a tow package given by the manufacturer of your car. Some products may only possess a minor fraction of the characteristics listed above. The characteristics differ from one manufacturer to the next, as well as depending on the sort of tow package that has been factory-installed on your truck.
F150 Tow Packages
Ford’s F150 vehicles are available with two different trailer towing packages: the Basic Trailer Tow Package and the Max Trailer Tow Package. The following items are included in the Basic Trailer Tow Package:
Basic Tow Package Features
- Class IV trailer hitch
- standard 4/7-pin wiring configuration
- Every engine, with the exception of the basic 3.3L V6, has an engine cooler.
- Front stabilizer bar that is significantly heavier
- There is also an auxiliary gearbox oil cooler (available only on certain versions)
- Lighting on the tailgate makes it simpler to hitch in the dark.
- Backup Assist (which makes reversing with a trailer connected considerably easier)
- Pro-trailer Backup Assist
- A Smart Trailer Tow Connector (which monitors the electrical systems of the trailers to which it is connected)
When it comes to towing weight, the F150 with the Basic Tow Package (Factory-installed) outperforms a truck that has just been equipped with a hitch and wiring.
Max Tow Package
The Max Tow Package raises the truck’s towing capabilities to the highest level in its class.All of the mechanical and technological enhancements that come with a standard towing package are included in this upgraded towing package, and it also adds some additional essential features on top of those changes.You might also be interested in: How to identify whether your Expedition has the Heavy Duty Tow Package?
How To Check If F150 Has Max Tow Package
- With the addition of an electronic-locking rear axle with a 3.55 gear ratio, the most major alteration has occurred. If the maximum towing package is combined with the Heavy-Duty Package, the gear ratio is increased to 3.73. The fuel tank is also larger than that of the original F150 trucks. The standard models are supplied with either a 23-gallon or a 26-gallon gasoline tank, but the maximum tow package includes a massive 36-gallon fuel tank
- an upgraded rear bumper
- and Integrated Trailer Brake Control.
These enhanced characteristics might assist you in determining whether or not your F150 is equipped with the Max Tow Package.However, if you are still unclear, the quickest and most accurate method is to enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on the Ford ETIS website and browse through the numerous specifications to determine whether or not your vehicle is equipped with a maximum towing package.
Reasons to go for a Max Tow Package
1. The Upgraded Electronic Rear Axle
Power will be transferred evenly to both rear wheels as a result of this innovation, which will increase grip on slick conditions. This will make the difference between your trailer moving and not moving on slick roads that are slick with mud or snow. The 3.55 or 3.73 axle ratio is intended to provide greater fuel efficiency while also increasing torque for towing purposes, respectively.
2. The Larger Fuel Tank
The 36-gallon gasoline tank with the max tow package, which has an increased fuel tank capacity of over 50%, is important since fuel consumption increases while towing heavier loads, and the larger fuel tank means that trips at the gas station are less frequent.
3. Integrated Trailer Brake Control (TBC)
The TBC contributes to the smooth and efficient braking when a trailer is mounted.When the brakes on the tow vehicle are applied, the Trailer Brake Control automatically applies the trailer brakes.To manage the trailer’s electronic brakes, which are applied independently of the towing vehicle, a manual sliding control lever with a plus-minus gain adjust button is provided at the center console.The adjust buttons govern how much or how little power the TBC provides to your trailer brakes, and the results can be viewed using the dashboard that is included into the TBC itself.Stopping a trailer is made considerably simpler and safer because to the system’s simplicity and intuitiveness.In addition to increasing safety, if you lose electrical connection to the trailer at any point, you’ll be presented with a warning message on the dashboard, as well as an audible alarm sound.
The standard Ford F150 has a towing capacity of around 5000 lbs, which is not particularly impressive.Combined with its numerous upgrades, the Max Tow Package is capable of hauling a whopping 13,200 pounds, which is an astounding achievement.The towing capability of the Ford F150 with four-wheel drive is reduced to around 12,900 pounds when equipped with four-wheel drive.
The Max Tow Package is a significant increase above the feature-rich, but not so basic, Basic Trailer Tow Package, which is available as an option.It is equipped with a 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, a Class IV receiver hitch, a 3.55 / 3.73 electronically locking rear differential, a 36-gallon fuel tank, auxiliary transmission and engine oil coolers, an integrated trailer brake control (TBC), and an upgraded front stabilizer bar, among other features.The F150 with the highest towing capacity costs $43,515.Overall, it is an essential addition to any Ford F150 that is frequently used for towing, and it is especially important if the basic model or any of the other towing kits do not match your towing requirements.(This page has been seen 10,479 times, with 30 visits today)
How to Tell If Ford F150 Has Max Tow Package? Easy Methods!
Recently, I was able to get my hands on a brand new Ford F-150.I was really ecstatic about it, and I drove it around with a smile on my face for several weeks.All of the excitement had me forgetting about the bundle I had received when I purchased the vehicle from the dealership.And I wanted to know if my F-150 was equipped with the appropriate components to provide the maximum towing power or not.So I was wondering how I could know whether my Ford F-150 has the maximum trailer towing option (MTTP).My questions were finally answered, after hours of study and discussions with other members of the Ford F-150 forum.
If your Ford F-150 has a towing capability of 14000 pounds and has an enhanced rear bumper, it qualifies as a maximum trailer tow package (53C).But there’s a lot more to it than that.There are other items included in the bundle, which I shall discuss in greater detail later in this post.
What Is the Max Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The Ford F-150 is available in a variety of configurations.With each passing year, the preceding model receives a little update, resulting in an enormous number of variants.As with the towing capacity, there are several variants available.Example: The pulling capability will range between 5000 and 14000 pounds in some instances.In other words, the F-150’s lowest towing capability is 5000 pounds, while its highest towing capacity is 14000 pounds.And the amount of space available will vary depending on the package you choose and the type of the F-150.
What Ford F-150 Has the Highest Towing Capacity?
Aside from the F150s equipped with the maximum towing package, the 3.5L EcoBoost is the engine with the highest towing capacity.It has a weight capability of 14000 pounds.It is equipped with an engine that can produce up to 400 horsepower.Aside from that, the engine has a torque of 500 pounds per foot.Alternatively, the F150 with the lowest towing capacity is the 3.3L TI-VCT V6, which is available in only one configuration.It is powered by a 290 horsepower engine that can generate 265 pounds per foot of torque when needed.
In addition, the towing capability is only 5000 lbs.The transmission, on the other hand, is a six-speed automatic transmission.See also: How Much Weight Can a Ford F150 Tow in a Safe and Secure Manner?
What Are the Available Trailer Towing Packages for Ford F-150?
When the subject of tow packages for the Ford F-150 comes up, there are typically four primary alternatives to consider. Last but not least, the max trailer tow package is the most recent and most advanced of them.
1. Class IV Trailer Hitch Package
Please allow me to begin with the regular package, also known as the class-iv trailer hitch package (53B).It will be delivered with a seven-pin wiring harness.Additionally, an adapter for 7 pins to 4 pins will be included.An additional bonus is the addition of a Class IV Hitch Receiver and Smart Trailer Tow Connector to your order.Class IV Trailer Hitch is the name of the package, and it is a classic in its own right.
2. Tow Technology Package
The Tow Technology Package is the second item on the list (17T). It will come equipped with Pro Trailer Backup Assist as well as a 360-degree camera. The kit will also include a Smart Trailer Tow Connector as well as a trailer brake controller that is built inside the trailer. It also includes a reversing tutorial for when you need to turn around.
3. Trailer Tow Package
Finally, there’s the Trailer Tow Package to consider (53A). It will also include a wire harness with seven pins, much like the normal package. It will also include all of the other features of the regular package, as well as Pro Trailer Backup Assist, the Technology Package, an integrated brake controller, and a tailgate LED.
4. Max Trailer Tow Package
Now that you have a good understanding of the many packages available for the Ford F-150, allow me to proceed to describe the package that brought you here in the first place.The Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) is the one that provides the most number of enhancements in terms of towing capability.The package is available as an option on the XLT, XL, Lariat, Platinum Trims, and King Ranch trim levels.Furthermore, it is required for the XL trim to have the Heavy-Duty Payload Package installed.You will not be able to select the Max Trailer Tow Package if you do not have this requirement.See also: Can a Ford F150 Tow a Travel Trailer of a Certain Dimension?
What Is Included in the Ford F-150 Max Trailer Tow Package?
- The Max Trailer Tow Package, in contrast to the other packages available, comprises a large number of items. Listed below are some characteristics that are shared by some of the various options: Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver, which is also included in the basic package
- Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver (also included in the normal package)
- In addition to the Integrated Brake Controller that may be found on the other packages
- Professional trailer backup assist, Smart Trailer Tow Connector, and a 7-pin wire harness are all included.
- Now, allow me to enumerate the characteristics that distinguish this product from others: Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost without the heavy-duty package
- 3.55:1 electronic locking axle for the rear with a 3.0L Power Stroke V6
- transmission: 3.5L PowerBoost with 42
- engine: 3.5L EcoBoost with the heavy-duty payload package
- fuel tank: 36-gallon with extended range
- transmission: 3.55:1 electronic locking axle
- • 3.0L Power Stroke hybrid or V6 diesel engine
- • upgraded rear bumper
- PowerBoost Full Hybrid with All-Wheel Drive
- With the 5.0L PFDI V8 and a 3.73:1 electronic locking rear axle, the car can go anywhere.
Also see: Ford F150 Ecoboost 3.5 Engine Tuner Recommendation for more information.
What Are the Ford F-150 Max Trailer Tow Package Requirements?
- Before we go into the procedures, let’s talk about the specifications for the maximum trailer tow package. Ford is now providing this maximum trailer towing option in conjunction with a number of different engines. Here’s a rundown of the list: A 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, a 5.0-liter V8, a 3.5-liter PowerBoost full-hybrid V6, a 3.0-liter diesel engine, and a Heavy-Duty Payload Package (627) on XL grade are all available options.
Consequently, the first thing to note is that if your engine does not match any of the ones listed above, you will immediately recognize that your F-150 does not have the maximum trailer towing package.
How to Tell If Ford F-150 Has the Max Trailer Tow Package?
I said in the last section that you were eligible to receive the maximum trailer towing package. In addition, if you think you could be qualified, here are the top 6 quickest ways to find out.
Method 1: Window Sticker
If you have the window sticker (Monroney label) accessible to you, you may readily determine what type of trailer towing package your F-150 is equipped with without having to look at the vehicle.Obviously, if you’re looking at the maximum trailer towing package (53C), you’ll see that it’s listed in the ″optional equipment/other″ portion of the window sticker.In my opinion, this is the most straightforward method of determining if your F-150 is equipped with the maximum towing package or not.
Method 2: Upgraded Rear Bumper
It is possible to inspect the rear bumper of your Ford F-150.If it is equipped with the maximum trailer towing package, it will not come with the normal front bumper.Instead, it will be outfitted with an updated trailer hitch receiver and a more powerful engine.The enhanced rear bumper is a one-of-a-kind item since Ford only provides it as part of the F-150 max trailer tow package, which is not available alone.As a result, how do you determine if it’s an updated model or the regular model?You can look at the safety chain loops on the trailer hitch receiver to see if they are damaged.
If the chain loops are angled (as indicated in the image below), your truck is equipped with the improved rear bumper system.
Method 3: Trailer Hitch Receiver Ratings
In addition to the ratings label on the trailer hitch receiver, which you are aware of, If your vehicle is equipped with the MTTP, the maximum gross trailer weight rating will be in excess of 12000 pounds. So if you know the maximum towing capacity of the trailer hitch receiver, you can figure it out quite quickly.
Method 4: Heavy-Duty Payload Package
The Heavy-Duty Payload Package (HDPP) raises the maximum towing capability of your Ford F-150 to 7850 pounds while also increasing its payload and towing capacity. If your vehicle is equipped with this payload package, it is almost certain that it is also equipped with the Max Trailer Tow Package.
Method 5: Upgraded Rear Axle
If you have the maximum trailer towing package installed on your vehicle, the rear axle ratio of your F-150 will be 3.55 (L9) with an electronic-locking differential, according to Ford.It is 3.73:1 if you have the Heavy-Duty Payload Package (627), and it is 3.73:1 if you do not (L6).This information may be found on a window sticker that is attached to the car.Even if you don’t have the window sticker for any reason, you can locate it on the Truck Safety Compliance Certification Label, which may be found on the door latch post pillar or on the left front door lock of the truck.
Method 6: 36 Gallons Tank Capacity
To determine whether or not you have the maximum trailer towing package, compare the capacity of your Ford F-150’s gasoline tank to the maximum trailer towing package.If the tank has a capacity of 36 gallons, you can be confident that the vehicle is towing the maximum trailer tow package possible.However, there are a few outliers.The 36-gallon tank is not only available with the maximum trailer towing option, but is also available separately.This implies that you may have the expanded fuel tank with any other trailer package you want to purchase.In the case of the Ford Fusion with the 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 engine, this strategy will not work because Ford does not provide the 36-gallon tank capacity with this engine configuration, even when equipped with the maximum trailer towing package.
Is Ford F-150 Max Trailer Tow Package Worth It?
The maximum trailer towing package contains a slew of features.And I am confident that you are well-versed in their contents after reading the sections I have mentioned above.If you decide to purchase upgrades independently later on, you will almost certainly wind up spending more money than you would have spent on the bundle in the first place.Even just that alone makes it worthwhile.Nonetheless, if you are still seeking for reasons to choose the Max Tow Package, the first thing to consider is the towing capability of the vehicle.It has the potential to dramatically improve capacity.
Depending on the model you select, you might anticipate to gain around 800 pounds in total weight.Furthermore, the package contains a sufficient braking system for the trailer that you will be towing with your vehicle.That will provide you greater control and improve the handling of your vehicle when hauling a heavy load.Finally, a significant modification will be made to the fuel tank.In addition to providing peace of mind while not towing anything, the 36-gallon gasoline tank ensures that you will not have to worry about refilling when on extended road trips or road trips in general.
How to Tell If F150 Has Max Tow Package – SeriousTruck SeriousTruck
Until recently, towing vehicles were delivered with standard capabilities; after that, a skilled mechanic connected them to a towing arrangement system to complete the job.It became clear that improvements were required as time passed, which is why all current towing vehicles today come equipped with a towing package that has already been fitted.However, this still does not provide a hint as to how to determine whether the F150 has the maximum Tow Package.Fortunately, this essay will provide an answer to that question.Purchasing a vehicle that has a towing package already installed ensures that the vehicle is capable of towing the amount of weight you choose, regardless of the weight of the vehicle.From its engine components to its whole vehicular system, it is designed to withstand the stress and torque that is generated when pulling a trailer.
Reasons to Purchase a Towing Package
If you’re asking why it’s important to get a towing package, the answer is that a towing package is designed to allow the vehicle to pull heavier loads while without placing more strain on the engine’s performance.All of the vehicles’ engines and other components have previously been engineered to perform efficiently with the towing load.It has been programmed into everything from the vehicle’s chassis, transmission system, and mechanism to its braking system, cooling system, and electrical components, among other things, so that it can bear an increased towing weight as well as increase the payload capacity of the vehicle.A tow package makes it simple for a pickup truck to continue along the road with an additional carriage, as well as allowing the driver to remain in command of the vehicle and without losing track of the extra carriage’s direction or location.
What Is Meant By Maximum Tow Package?
To determine whether or not the F150 has a maximum tow package, you must first determine what it is.The amount of weights that a tow package is capable of towing can be used to identify a maximum tow package.Otherwise, it indicates that innovative engine parts, as well as other car accessories, are a critical component of the vehicle’s design, regardless of what the vehicle will be used for in the future (either light-duty or heavy-duty).Keep in mind, however, that the towing package will only be effective if your vehicle is capable of towing the increased load.This implies that even if a vehicle has an efficient and high-capacity towing package, if the vehicle has a poor carrying capacity, the towing package will be rendered ineffective.As a result, if you’re wanting to acquire a towing package with the highest possible capacity, it’s a good idea to first determine the potential load-carrying capacity of the vehicle you’re considering purchasing.
Once you have determined this, the remainder of the process should be straightforward because the remaining portion of the vehicle will be well-equipped with the appropriate technical support system to keep everything in balance.How to Determine whether a Ford F150 is equipped with the Max Tow Package As previously noted, the first step in evaluating whether or not a Ford F150 has a maximum towing package is to search for the vehicle’s maximum load-carrying capability.Ford F150 is one of numerous series of the F-series that are being manufactured and sold by Ford Motor Company.It has been in production since 1948 and is one of the most popular vehicles on the road today.The Ford F150 has a tremendous towing capability of around 13,200 pounds.Aside from that, the vehicle’s auto components are equipped with the latest and most advanced technology, which is meant to cater to your vehicle’s propagation on the road and keep it in sync with the rest of the world.
A maximum tow package includes a number of useful features.They are as follows: A Professional Trailer Reverse Assist Service Backing up your trailer has been simplified and made more effective.All that is required is that you spin the knob in the desired direction, and the trailer behind the vehicle will obey the instruction without any difficulty.The fact that the truck will maneuver in such a way that the trailer is positioned at the appropriate stop exactly behind the vehicle is another plus.Additionally, with the help of two side-view mirrors and a rearview camera, it is simple to coordinate and establish the position of the trailer on the road.
- Cameras When driving the F150, the camera is designed to provide you with a comprehensive picture of the surroundings, allowing you to make the most informed choice possible while driving.
- A superior visual assistance is supplied by the set of cameras, which allows you to monitor your location from all angles and viewpoints while maintaining complete control over your surroundings.
- This also includes photographs of the rear of the trailer to confirm that it is in good condition.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System In addition, the maximum tow package allows you to keep track of the pressure in your tires.
- This is accomplished with the assistance of a productivity screen, which is situated on the dashboard.
- This productivity screen delivers an alert anytime the pressure in the tires begins to fall below a certain level.
- In addition to the tire itself, each tire is equipped with a pressure monitor, which sends out an alert if there is a problem with the pressure of the tire to which the monitor is linked.
- The pressure is frequently expressed as a series of numbers to make it easier to relate to.
Using a trailer-tow connector, you can stay on top of the current status of the connection that exists between the trailer and the truck, rather than having to constantly check.On your computer screen, a blinking indication indicates that there has been a loss of connection or that an instrument demands quick attention from the operator.The connector allows you to track and manage the configuration of the trailer equipment, as well as the trailer itself.
- The maximum towing capacity of the Ford F-150 is broken down.
- The basic rear-wheel drive F-150 SuperCrew with 6.5-footbed, a 3.5-liter capacity EcoBoost engine, a Maximum Trailer Tow Package, and 20-inch tires are all required to calculate the towing capability of the truck.
- The base front-wheel drive F-150 is also required.
The Max Trailer Tow Package adds up to 3.55 electronic locking gears that work in a differential fashion, as well as a 36-gallon fuel tank capacity, an auxiliary gearbox, and engine coolers to the vehicle’s standard equipment.There’s also a Class IV receiver hitch, an all-encompassing brake controller, and an upgraded front stabilizer bar, to name a few other features.This will raise the total amount due to $43,515 dollars.
When using four-wheel drive, the towing capability of a Ford is reduced to around 12,900 pounds, down from the initial 13,200-pound capacity.Increases in weights and features are introduced as you progress through the trim levels, which is a good thing.It has the effect of removing weight that may be utilized as either tongue weight from a trailer or as payload, and the higher the trims are, the less payload can be carried as well as the lower the trailering capacity.The Ford F-150 towing selection allows you to access all of the vehicle’s towing capabilities.
- The maximum trailer rating may only be obtained by towing the trailer with a weight distribution hitch in the typical manner.
- The towing capability of the Ford F-150 is only 5,000 pounds if it does not have a weight distribution hitch installed.
- What is the towing capacity of the Ford F-150 Fifth-Wheel pickup truck?
- It has a towing capability of 12,100 pounds and is equipped with a Maximum Trailer Tow Package.
It comes in four-wheel-drive XL standard cabins with an eight-foot bed, a 3.5-liter EcoBoost, 3.55 axle ratios, and a Maximum Trailer Tow Package.The entire cost of the car is $33,540, which includes the loan payment.Ford is the only vehicle manufacturer that discloses the towing capacity of their half-ton trucks when used with fifth-wheel trailers.
What is the bare minimum towing capacity of a Ford F-150?However, without the Trailer Tow and Max Trailer Tow Packages, all Ford F-150 models are only capable of towing a maximum of 5,000 pounds.When opting for the Class IV trailer hitch, which is available on the 3.3-liter V-6, there are three different configurations to choose from and an ideal weight capacity of 5,000 pounds.They consist of the standard cab, which has a 6.5-footbed and four-wheel drive, along with the SuperCab, which also has a 6.5-footbed but only has two-wheel drive, and finally the SuperCrew, which has a 5.5-footbed but only has two-wheel drive and a 4-wheel drive.
Maximum Towing Capacity of the Engine Ford, as a vehicle, provides five distinct engine options for the F-150 alone, as well as two different variants of the 3.5-liter EcoBoost, giving customers a total of six different alternatives to pick from.While the base engine is a 3.3-liter gas engine with a six-speed automatic transmission, the other engine options are 10-speed automatic transmissions.The Trailer Tow Package is required in order to achieve the highest towing ratings.To use the 3.5-liter EcoBoost v-6 engine, the Max Trailer Tow Package must be purchased as well.
Conclusion The towing capacity of the Ford F150 and the other characteristics discussed in this article make it evident that not only does the Ford F150 have a maximum towing capability, but it also comes with sophisticated technological assistance of the highest quality as well as a maximum tow package to go along with it.Hopefully, you can now identify with certainty whether or not the F150 has the maximum towing package, and we are confident that you will make the best decision possible.
How do you tell what tow package my F150 has?
However, if you are still unclear, the quickest and most accurate method is to enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on the Ford ETIS website and browse through the numerous specifications to determine whether or not your vehicle is equipped with a maximum towing package.
Can I upgrade my F150 tow package?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to increase the total towing capacity of your F150 by any means. When it comes to towing capability, the gross vehicle weight rating (commonly known as the GVWR for short) of your truck is the most important consideration. To be able to haul greater weight, you’d have to effectively design a completely new vehicle from the ground up.
Can you add the trailer tow package aftermarket?
Although you may purchase an aftermarket tow package that includes the Class V hitch hardware, if your truck is only rated for a maximum towing capability of 2,000 pounds, that is the most you will be able to get out of the kit.
What kind of engine does a 1994 Ford F-150 have?
Powertrains for the 1994 Ford F-Series The dependable 4.9L inline six cylinder engine received a minor power boost for 1994, increasing from 145 horsepower to 150 horsepower.In addition, torque has increased by 5 lb-ft to 260 lb-ft.The 5.0L V8 (302 cid) engine receives a power boost as well, gaining up to 205 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque (195hp for automatic transmission equipped trucks).
How does the Max tow package work on a F150?
The Max Trailer Tow Package adds up to 3.55 electronic locking gears that work in a differential fashion, as well as a 36-gallon fuel tank capacity, an auxiliary gearbox, and engine coolers to the vehicle’s standard equipment. There’s also a Class IV receiver hitch, an all-encompassing brake controller, and an upgraded front stabilizer bar, to name a few other features.
What was the towing capacity of a 1999 Ford F-150?
The specifications, on the other hand, have changed a little bit, as you can see in the data table below. The average towing capacity of a 1999-2000 Ford F-150 equipped with an automatic gearbox ranged from 4,400 lbs. to 8,800 lbs., while the average towing capacity of a Ford F-150 equipped with a manual transmission ranged from 1,900 lbs. to 3,600 pounds.
What’s the towing capacity of a 2004 Ford F 150?
Towing capacity for Ford F-150s manufactured in 2004 ranged from 5,900 lbs. to 10,000 lbs., depending on the model. The only specifications were that the GCWR and maximum trailer weight would be reduced by 500 lbs. if your vehicle was equipped with 18-inch wheels. Towing Chart for a 2004 Ford F 150 with a conventional hitch 2004 Ford F 150 with a fifth wheel towing chart
What kind of transmission does a 1994 Ford F-150 have?
- On vehicles equipped with a 5.0L V8, the automatic transmission has been upgraded to a 4-speed automatic with overdrive.
- There were a few additional options for 1994, including a CD player and a security package (available on XLT trim levels only) that included keyless entry and an intruder alarm.
- The Max Trailer Tow Package adds up to 3.55 electronic locking gears that work in a differential fashion, as well as a 36-gallon fuel tank capacity, an auxiliary gearbox, and engine coolers to the vehicle’s standard equipment.
- There’s also a Class IV receiver hitch, an all-encompassing brake controller, and an upgraded front stabilizer bar, to name a few other features.
- The specifications, on the other hand, have changed a little bit, as you can see in the data table below.
- The average towing capacity of a 1999-2000 Ford F-150 equipped with an automatic gearbox ranged from 4,400 lbs.
to 8,800 lbs., while the average towing capacity of a Ford F-150 equipped with a manual transmission ranged from 1,900 lbs.to 3,600 pounds.
What was the price of a 1994 Ford F-150?
Options were additional on the 1994 F-150, which had a basic MSRP (manufacturers suggested retail prices) ranging from $12,148 to $18,971, depending on the model. We do know that the XLT package option cost $2,607 and came with chrome wheels, air conditioning, power door locks and windows, and an AM/FM cassette player, among other features. The 4WD option was $2,303 more expensive.
The Different Ford Towing Packages Out There.
- The most recent update was made on March 8th, 2021 at 02:33 a.m.
- Obviously, a Ford car is an extremely competent machine in and of itself, but a Ford trailer tow package, when correctly fitted and utilized in conjunction with the suitable trailer, may significantly increase the towing capabilities of the entire setup.
- A Ford trailer package, or a Ford trailer selection, as they are frequently referred as in the manufacturer’s paperwork, is a collection of equipment choices that increases the weight rating of the tow vehicle when used in conjunction with a Ford pickup truck.
- It’s possible that if you own a truck or SUV, you’ll discover that your tow vehicle already has numerous characteristics that make heavy-duty towing possible.
- Trucks such as the Ford F-150, for example, already come equipped with Advance Trac, Ford’s patented electronic stability control system that is utilized in all of the company’s vehicles, as well as trailer sway control and roll stability control.
- These types of features assist you in maintaining control of both your car and your trailer, and they are particularly useful for light to medium towing operations.
When you start towing larger trailers, such as gooseneck and 5th wheel setups, or commercial-level loads, you’ll need to invest in additional features to get the most out of your trailer and vehicle combination.The solution is provided by a Ford trailer towing kit.Being able to tow a trailer with the proper Ford trailer tow package in your truck means you will have a higher Gross Combined Weight Rating for the overall setup, which means your vehicle will be able to safely support a much greater combined weight of the truck and trailer, as well as the cabin, occupants and cargo.This package includes all of the optional equipment that must be installed in order for your vehicle to safely and effectively accomplish the towing jobs you need it to perform.In addition to the necessary work for professional installation of these kits, Ford dealers will include a cost estimate for labor, so you can quickly get an idea of how much a Ford trailer package will cost you, including labor, when you request an estimate from the dealership.The various Ford models each have their own Ford trailer tow packages, and depending on the trim level you choose, you may also have a few other options accessible to you.
- Depending on the tow vehicle that you have, you may be able to take use of a Class I trailer tow package for light duty towing, or you may be able to take advantage of a gooseneck trailer tow package for commercial class towing with your car.
- Ford categorizes its different tow packages based on the maximum trailer weight that the entire system is capable of towing safely.
- Trailer tow packages are available in several weight classes, as you would imagine, starting with the light duty Class I Trailer tow package kits and progressing up to the heavy load Class IV Ford trailer tow packages.
- Most of the time, these kits include all of the necessary components for conventional towing, such as the standard 4 pin and 7 pin electrical harnesses, the trailer hitch receiver, and a trailer towing prep.
Upgraded Towing Packages:
- There are also the enhanced packages, which Ford refers to as the Standard, Std, or simply Trailer Tow package, depending on the region.
- In this package, you’ll get everything that’s included in the basic trailer package, as well as a few important vehicle upgrades – for the Ford F-150, for example, these kits include an auxiliary transmission cooler, Pro Trailer Backup assist, an upgrade for the front stabilizer bar, and a Smart Trailer Tow Connector, among other things.
- When you upgrade to the most exclusive option, the Max Trailer Tow Package, you will receive even more enhancements on top of the normal Trailer Tow Package, which is already impressive.
- For the F-150, for example, you get everything in the Tow Trailer package plus a trailer brake controller, an update for your back bumper, and an enhanced fuel tank with a 36-gallon capacity, in addition to everything else in the Tow Trailer kit.
- A few extra features may also be included with your Ford trailer tow package, depending on your truck’s model, trim level, and availability at your local dealer.
- Please consult your dealer for more information.
For example, Ford’s Blind Spot Information System, often known as BLIS, is a useful camera system that displays a 360-degree image surrounding your vehicle and trailer on an 8-inch screen.
What is Included in a Ford Tow Package?
- Even between two kits with the same option number, the contents of a Ford tow package might differ.
- This is true even for the same model year.
- The precise contents of your Ford tow package may vary depending on the brand of your truck or SUV, its trim level, as well as the engine and powertrain that came with your vehicle when you purchased it.
- It is advisable to speak with your dealer in order to obtain the particular tow package specifics for your individual car.
- If you want a more in-depth look at the towing equipment and trailer towing packages available for your tow vehicle, you may visit Ford’s website.
- Always remember that Ford updates its CUV, SUV, and truck models on a yearly basis, so it’s always a good idea to double-check with your local dealer before making a final decision on which vehicle is right for you.
A Few Examples…
- As you might think, Ford Tow Packages are available for nearly every model, and each one is identified by a unique option code that can be found on the Ford website.
- Ford Transit Connect Vans and Wagons, the tiny panel vans that are most often used in Europe, are capable of towing up to 53 tons.
- This towing equipment includes with a trailer module as well as a 4-pin electrical harness for easy installation.
- It also includes a Class I hitch receiver, as well as a trailer sway control system for added safety.
- The maximum trailer capacity is 2,000 pounds, according to the manufacturer.
With the 53G trailer towing package, which includes a 4-pin wiring harness, trailer sway control, and a Class II trailer hitch receiver with a weight rating of 3,500 pounds, the Ford Edge, a midsize SUV that comes in a wide range of trim levels for a variety of applications, can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
A Ford Flex, a mid-size crossover SUV that replaced the Ford Taurus X, utilizes the same 53G kit, but with a 7-wire harness that includes a 4-pin and a 7-pin connection instead of the standard 53G kit. You’ll also get an additional engine oil cooler for engines that aren’t EcoBoost-compatible. The receiver itself has a weight capacity of 2,000 pounds.
The 536 Ford Tow Package is installed in the Ford Escape, and it includes a 4-pin trailer wiring harness, trailer sway control, an auxiliary automatic gearbox oil cooler, and a Class II trailer hitch receiver, among other features.
- Because the Ford Explorer is equipped with Trailer Sway Control as standard equipment, the 52R kit designed specifically for it includes only a 4-pin trailer wiring harness as well as a Class II trailer hitch receiver.
- In order to tow properly with this modification, a 2.0 liter EcoBoost engine is required.
- In addition, the Explorer has another set of tow packages available for it as well.
- You may choose the 52R model, which has a Class III trailer hitch receiver with a weight distributing mount that is rated for 4,500 pounds.
For the Ford Expedition, the brand’s flagship full-size SUV, a seven-wire harness, a standard Class IV trailer hitch receiver, and trailer sway control are all included as standard equipment.
For heavy-duty towing situations, a 536 tow kit, which includes a radiator upgrade, electronic traction aid, pro trailer backup assist, and a trailer brake controller, can provide an additional boost. If you have a 44 model, you can also purchase a 2-speed automatic 4WD transmission.
- A Ford Transit is equipped with a comprehensive 53B towing kit, which comprises a 7-wire harness, trailer wiring provision, hitch receiver, tow/haul mode, and electronic brake controller tap-in (for models with trailer wiring provision).
- Because a Ford Ranger comes standard with a 4 pin trailer wiring harness as well as trailer sway control, the only thing you get with a 53R tow package is a 7 wire harness and a receiver hitch.
It comes with a basic tow package that includes a variety of choices for the F-150 Raptor, the high-performance off-roading variation of the F-150 pickup truck. It includes a 7-wire harness, a hitch receiver, an auxiliary auto transmission oil cooler, a radiator improvement, a clever trailer tow connector, an updated front stabilizer bar, and an engine oil cooler, among other things.
- While the ordinary F-150 comes with a base tow package, you may choose from three extra tow packages to customize your vehicle.
- The base model comes with a standard 4-pin trailer wiring harness, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, and an engine oil cooler, among other features.
- In addition to the base tow package, Ford F-150 customers can select from three other tow packages: 53A, 53B, and 53C.
- Each of these tow kits includes the following features: 7-wire harness, hitch receiver, radiator upgrade, smart trailer tow connector, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, and engine oil cooler in addition to the features listed above.
- Depending on the kit you choose, you may additionally receive tailgate LED lights, pro trailer backup assist, trailer brake wiring and feed kit, improved rear axle, an upgrade for your rear bumper, a 36-gallon fuel tank upgrade, and a trailer brake controller as additional features.
- For additional information on these kits, you may search them up for your individual model on Ford’s website or speak with your local dealer about their availability.
What Is Ford Max Trailer Tow Package?
- Ford provides a Max Trailer Tow Package for its F-150 pickup trucks, which, according to the company, increases your vehicle’s towing capability to the greatest in its class.
- Depending on the trim, engine, and other options you choose for your truck, the exact figures may vary, but in general, you can expect to see an increase in maximum trailer capacity of more than 13,000 pounds.
- When it comes to the Ford F-150, the Ford Max Trailer Tow package is referred to as the 53C option on the 2019 model.
- According to Ford’s reference documents, this kit includes a 7-wire harness with a 4- and 7-pin connection, as well as a heavy-duty hitch receiver for use with a trailer hitch.
- There is also an update for the 2.7 liter EcoBoost V6 and the 3.5 liter EcoBoost V6 engines, as well as a radiator.
- Additional components, such as higher-capacity cooling fans, a smart trailer tow connector, and an updated front stabilizer bar, are included with the vehicle.
You’ll also receive an improved rear axle and rear bumper for your vehicle, as well as a trailer brake controller, pro trailer backup assist, and a larger 36-gallon fuel tank as standard equipment on this model.The electronic locking rear axle modification that is included with the package has a 3.55 or 3.74 axle ratio and is meant to enhance fuel efficiency while also increasing torque for towing purposes.Because the F-150 is equipped with a standard Blind Spot Information System, you have total control over your trailer with integrated trailer brake control, trailer sway control, and pro trailer backup assist.This is especially true when combined with the standard Blind Spot Information System.
What Is Ford High Capacity Trailer Tow Package?
- A heavy-duty trailer system for the Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup truck is re