- Create a United States Postal Service account. All post office jobs run through the United States Postal Service, so you’ll need to go through their website to apply for
- Update your applicant profile once you create your account. After you create or log in to your account then it’ll prompt you to update information within the system.
- Browse and research open positions. Once you update your profile, you’ll have the option to browse for open positions by clicking ‘search now.’
- Apply to positions you’re interested in. Before you apply for a position, make sure that you have a completed resume that you can copy and paste into the system.
How do I apply for a job with the post office?
STEP 1: CREATE AN ACCOUNT STEP 2: SEARCH OPEN JOBS STEP 3: APPLY ONLINE Applying for a Job at the U.S. Postal Service BEFORE YOU START Make sure you have time to complete the entire process; it may take up to ninety minutes. Use a supported browser.
How do I apply for the US Postal Service exam?
How do I apply for U.S. Postal Service jobs and exams? Under the current system, you first find an open Post Office job posting and apply for it online. You are scheduled for the Postal exam as you apply for the job, and you take the exam online within three days.
How long does it take to get a job at the post office?
You are scheduled for the Postal exam as you apply for the job, and you take the exam online within three days. Everything is done online. Following is a recap of the Post Office recruitment section’s hiring and testing process with links to online resources. 1.
How to apply for a permanent position in the USPS?
Part 2 of 3: Applying for a Permanent Position 1 Create an account on the USPS website. You must begin your application for all USPS positions online. 2 Take the appropriate exam. Applicants for many positions with the USPS must take a civil service exam. 3 Apply for a position. 4 Make your way through the hiring process.
How to Apply for Post Office Jobs (With FAQs)
- Finding a Job
- How to Apply for Post Office Jobs (With FAQs)
The Indeed Editorial Team contributed to this article.The deadline for submissions is September 28, 2021.Employees at the post office make certain that mail is delivered to homes and businesses on schedule and with high-quality service.If you’re searching for temporary work or want to pursue a career in the postal service, there are a variety of opportunities available.In this article, we will explain what a post office job is, how to apply for one, and offer answers to commonly asked questions regarding how to apply for a post office position.More information may be found at: What Is the Difference Between a Job and a Professional Position?
What are post office jobs?
- There are many different roles available at the post office, both inside and outside the building, all of which are designed to make delivering mail to companies and private households as easy as possible. Mail delivery, sorting and handling, sales and service, and drivers are some of the most common sorts of jobs available to people.
Postal employees work mostly full-time hours, although they may be required to work overtime during peak mail delivery periods such as the holiday season and other busy times of the year. Continue reading: What Exactly Is a Mail Processor? (Includes job responsibilities and compensation)
How to apply for a post office job
When applying for a position at the post office, there are four stages to take:
- Create an account with the United States Postal Service
- Once you have created your account, you should update your application profile.
- Examine and investigate available positions
- Fill out applications for opportunities that interest you.
1. Create a United States Postal Service account
All post office jobs are administered by the United States Postal Service, therefore you’ll need to submit your application through their website if you want to be considered for an available position.To find the United States Postal Service careers page, open your browser and type in ″USPS careers.″ Click on ″search and apply″ after that, and then on ″establish an account.″ Once the page has loaded, you’ll be prompted to enter your first and last name, as well as your username and password for the account.You’ll also be prompted to enter your password and email address a second time after you’ve entered them the first time.By following these procedures, you may guarantee that the United States Postal Service receives the right personal information, allowing them to contact you in the event that they are interested in employing you for a position.
2. Update your applicant profile once you create your account
After you have created or logged into your account, you will be requested to make changes to your account information in the system. If there is an asterisk next to a category in the portal, you must complete that portion with accurate information before moving on to the next section of the portal.
3. Browse and research open positions
Once you’ve completed your profile edit, you’ll be given the opportunity to look for available employment by selecting ″search now.″ Depending on the term you enter into the search field or your proximity to a post office, you can locate employment opportunities. The following are the most sought-after positions:
For people who bring mail to your mailbox, mail carrier is the official term for their position.They follow certain routes to ensure that their deliveries are made on time, and they may combine car and foot routes.They are also responsible for responding to recipients’ questions about postal rules and the services provided by the United States Postal Service.Related: What Is a Rural Carrier Associate and How Do I Become One?Defining and Specifying Requirements
Postal service clerks
They are responsible for the sales of stamps, money orders, boxes, and envelopes to consumers in the United States and Canada. They can also work the front desk, where they can record purchases, certify mail, and answer queries from consumers that come into the post office.
Postal service sorters and machine operators
The sales of stamps, money orders, boxes and envelopes to consumers throughout the United States are their responsibility. Employees at the post office can also work the front desk, where they can register transactions, certify mail, and answer consumer queries.
4. Apply to positions you’re interested in
Before applying for a position, make sure you have a comprehensive résumé that you can copy and paste into the system, and that the roles you’re looking for are in line with your professional goals and goals for your future.Examine your basic beliefs and long-term objectives to see whether or not your potential employment supports them.Following opening the application, complete the education, skills, and training experience areas in order to meet the requirements for the post listed on the website.During the ″summary of accomplishments,″ you’ll be able to elaborate on your qualifications and illustrate why you’re a competent candidate for the position you’re looking for.Another recommendation is to prepare a list of professional references that you may provide with your online application.More information may be found at: How to Start a Career with the United States Postal Service: Job Descriptions and Benefits
Post office jobs FAQs
Here is a list of frequently asked questions about applying for post office employment, as well as answers to them:
What jobs can I apply to at the post office?
Once you have logged into the portal, you will be able to look through a list of open positions. Mail clerks, postal office clerks, and machine operators are just a few examples of professions that are commonly seen. Keep in mind that roles may become available in sectors such as management, marketing, and information technology, so be sure to visit the site on a regular basis.
What’s the best way to search for the job I am looking for?
Use the state name for the searches you do while logged into your account, and put the city name into the keyword search field once you’ve logged in. When seeking for work, avoid utilizing search terms such as ″city″ and ″zip code.″
Is it mandatory to fill out each qualification listed in the job posting?
It is necessary to list all of the qualifications you possess for the post for which you are seeking on the application form. The more specific you are in your description of each quality, the more likely it is that you will be invited to an interview with the hiring manager. In addition to your professional experience, you’ll need to highlight your educational background and talents.
What does the asterisk mean when it shows up in the portal?
The asterisk indicates that you must complete the parts that relate to the asterisk’s location. This appears when you’re filling out the application and changing your profile information on the website. More information may be found at: How to Write a Cover Letter for the Post Office (With Template and Example)
Under the present approach, you must first locate an available Post Office job ad and submit an online application for it.After applying for the position, you are scheduled for the Postal test, which you complete online within three days of receiving your appointment.Everything is done over the internet.The following is a summary of the recruiting and testing procedures used by the Postal Service’s recruitment branch, as well as connections to further online resources.1.First and foremost, as described on our How to Apply page, you must locate an available job ad on the United States Postal Service website.
- This appears to be a straightforward process, but sadly, their online job search option does not always perform as intended owing to technological challenges and frequent posting mistakes.
- When you locate a job opportunity with the USPS that you are interested in, apply for that position online.
- Again, this appears to be a straightforward process, but as would be anticipated from a bureaucratic government institution, you may meet inconsistent directions and difficult-to-understand documents to complete.
- Furthermore, there is much ambiguity regarding cover letters and other attachments, which may or may not be required or appropriate for different jobs.
- We’ve created a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the difficult job search and the irritating application procedure that comes with working at the post office.
3.You are scheduled to take an online Post Office exam at the same time as you submit your application.The great majority of Postal posts are filled through the new tests 474, 475, 476, and 477, which are administered every year.Preparation is critical for these four new examinations, which will be administered in April.It is critical to obtain the highest possible score on the first attempt because (1) the job will be automatically offered to the applicant who receives the highest score and (2) if you do not receive a high enough score to be considered for the job, you will have to wait either one year or two years before being eligible to retake the exam.We have created the most popular USPS Virtual Entry Assessment Exam Prep Guide on the market to give the effective test preparation that is so much required.
- Six thorough, ultrarealistic, and completely interactive practice exams, as well as detailed exam information, are included in this package.
How to Apply for USPS Jobs
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded USPS (United States Postal Service) is the second largest employer in the United States, and it offers a wide range of career opportunities for its employees, including office-based positions such as finance, marketing, and administration, as well as positions in delivery and operations, which handle and deliver mail.The United States Postal Service (USPS) also offers specific employment opportunities for current students, recent graduates, military personnel, and veterans.
- 1 Check to see whether you fulfill the bare minimum criteria. Despite the fact that the United States Postal Service has a wide variety of job opportunities accessible, all workers must fulfill the same fundamental standards. All USPS employees must be at least 18 years old, or at least 16 years old with a high school graduation, in order to be eligible to work for the organization.
- A citizen or a permanent resident of the United States of America.
- A criminal background check, drug test, and medical evaluation must all be passed before employment is offered.
- Be in possession of a clean driving record (where relevant)
- Have your name and address registered with the Selective Service (if applicable)
- The United States Mail Service (USPS) does not have any general education requirements
- you can apply for numerous occupations, including postal carrier, without having a high school diploma or equivalent education. Some business employment, on the other hand, demand a four-year degree.
- The United States Postal Service is particularly interested in hiring personnel who have a solid and consistent job history. Additionally, candidates who have been fired for misbehavior, excessive tardiness, or absenteeism will be unlikely to be considered by the postal service.
- 2 Select between a corporate role and a position in delivery/operations. All USPS employees must satisfy the same fundamental standards, however specific job requirements vary depending on the role being held. Corporate occupations are often office-based positions, whereas delivery and operations positions are more physically demanding and entail tasks such as mail distribution. Accounting, business, finance, logistics, marketing, sales, and human resources are some of the corporate vocations available in the United States Postal Service.
- The following are examples of delivery and operational positions: automobile mechanic and technician
- postal carrier
- mail handler assistant
- and tractor trailer operator
- Promotional material
- 3 Job openings may be found by searching by location and/or job function. Due to the fact that all USPS vacancies are made public through the web database, this is the only site where you will be able to see available USPS positions. You may, for example, check for any jobs in Alabama, any administrative support jobs in Alabama, or administrative support jobs in Alabama. If you have a certain job title in mind, you may also search by keywords on the USPS website
- however, many of the opportunities posted on the website do not include job descriptions. These descriptions, on the other hand, are available on the website of the American Postal Workers Union.
- 1 Create a user account on the United States Postal Service website. All USPS employment need you to begin your application process online. You simply need to provide your name and email address, as well as a username and a password, in order to register.
- Your candidate profile will be updated with your demographic information, educational background, abilities, and job experience once you have made your account.
- The application needs you to supply information about your employment history over the last seven years. If you have any pauses in work during this time period, you will be required to declare that you were jobless on your tax return.
- 2 Sit for the relevant examination. Many positions in the United States Postal Service (USPS) require applicants to pass a civil service test. If you want to be considered for a post, you must get a qualifying score on the test. However, simply passing the exam does not ensure that you will be granted a position. Most USPS employees, including city carriers, mail processing clerks, mail handlers, and sales, service and distribution personnel, are required to take Test 473, which assesses your ability to check addresses, complete forms, utilize and assign codes, as well as recall information.
- Test 473 will take around 2 hours to complete. On its website, the United States Postal Service (USPS) publishes example questions. In addition, printed study guides can be obtained from a bookshop or library.
- Veterans are given special treatment for this exam, which includes an immediate 5 or 10 point boost to any test score, as well as priority access to examinations that are not accessible to the general public.
- 3 Submit an application for a position. Ensure that you have sufficiently explained how your talents, education, and experience fulfill the precise criteria for the position for which you are seeking while you are filling out the application form. It is also recommended that, when completing the section labeled ″Summary of Accomplishments,″ you include a separate document describing how your skills specifically match the position for which you are applying
- you should upload a resume with your application
- and you should include a cover letter with your application.
- 4 Continue your journey through the employment process. You may be invited to a group interview, which will be followed by a personal interview if you have successfully finished the relevant exams and applied for a position after passing the appropriate exams and applying for a post. If you are selected for an employment with the United States Postal Service, you will be called to undergo a drug test and criminal background check.
- It is possible that you will be called in for a final interview before being granted a position as the final stage in the recruiting process.
- 1 Indicate on your application that you are a veteran in order to be considered for special treatment. The United States Postal Service considers military service to be prior employment. Official documentation detailing your release from a branch of the Armed Forces must be submitted in order to be eligible for credit. The United States Postal Service employs 85,000 current and former military personnel
- veterans are also given special consideration on the postal civil service examination.
- 2 Submit an application to the Management Foundations Program. The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a full-time internship program that lasts 18 months for recent graduates. A 4-year degree in an applicable discipline is required for entry into this program. Applicants must submit their applications by the late winter deadline, which differs from year to year. Engineering is one of the disciplines eligible for entry into this program. Accounting and finance are two of the disciplines eligible for entry into this program. Interviews are held in April, positions are given in May, and new interns begin their positions in August. For further information, see the United States Postal Service website.
3 Join the United States Postal Service for the summer.The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides a 10-week summer program for current high school and college students.Once a student has completed his or her degree, internship roles may be transformed to full-time permanent work.Before being brought on as a full-time employee, the intern must first demonstrate that he meets all of the prerequisites for employment.
- Question Add a new question Question How long does it take for them to contact you once you pass the 473 exam? Jomyel Bondoc is a musician from France. Answer from the Community It took three weeks before I received a response to my email from them. After you’ve completed the exam, you’ll have to play the waiting game.
- Concerning the Question What can I say to explain a seven-year gap between two positions that I’ve held in the past? Your cover letter is the ideal place to explain why this is the case, so use it. For example, ″After working for Company X for three years, I took a break from work for seven years (insert reason here) before starting work for Company Y.″ Consider framing your explanation in the most positive light possible, such as giving that time to your family, earning valuable life experience, or participating in volunteer activities.
- Concerning the Question When I paid the registration price and received a confirmation email, but did not actively establish an account, what should I do if I am no longer able to advance without paying the registration money again? What is the cost of registration? To apply for positions with the United States Postal Service, you will not be charged any fees.
- Concerning the Question I took the United States Postal Service test but did not receive a score. What is the process for finding out how well I did? It is sad that if the matching email did not include a score, it indicates that you did not pass the examination.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible for a 70-year-old man to get work with the United States Postal Service? Yes, the United States Postal Service does not discriminate against anyone based on their age. It is a company that values diversity and inclusion.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to get to the website where I can fill out an application? To apply for a position with the United States Postal Service, visit the USPS.com website.
- Concerning the Question What website should I go to if I want to submit an application online? To apply for a position with the United States Postal Service, visit the USPS.com website.
- Concerning the Question Is it still possible for me to be employed if I consume alcoholic beverages on a regular basis? As long as you are not under the influence of alcohol while working, you should be alright. Drinking alcohol on a daily basis is not against the law, but if it interferes with your capacity to execute your job tasks, you may find yourself in hot water. How can I apply for positions with the United States Postal Service if I don’t speak English very well? Simply enlist the assistance of a friend or family member to complete the forms. If you are called in for an interview, inquire as to whether you can bring an interpreter. I recently applied for a position with the United States Postal Service and received an email stating that my application had been successful ″It has been determined that you do not meet all of the eligibility and suitability requirements for this position after reviewing your application for the position. In order to avoid future consideration for this position, you have been disqualified.″ What exactly does this mean? It indicates that you do not meet their qualifications for the position and are thus not hired.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
Keep an eye out for internet frauds that promise USPS jobs in return for a monetary reward.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Before applying for a USPS position, you should first search the database on the USPS website for a position that interests you.To apply for the post, you must first make an account on USPS.com and then pass a civil service examination to be considered.Following that, submit an application detailing your appropriate education and job experience.If you are chosen, you will be required to participate in a group interview, an individual interview, and a background check.Continue reading for more information about unique job programs with the United States Postal Service.Did you find this overview to be helpful?
- The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 491,677 times.
India Post Recruitment 2022: Notification, Eligibility
India Post Recruitment 2022: The Indian Postal Service (India Post) has posted an official announcement to hire applicants for various positions in the GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak).Postman, Postal Assistant, MTS, Sorting Assistant, and Mail Guard are some of the positions that will be available to applicants.Candidates that are interested in applying can begin filling out the application form as early as the second week of July 2022.The applicants will be chosen by the department depending on their performance in the examination.Candidates must pass the 10th standard test or an equivalent exam from a recognized board in order to be considered.The applicants’ ages should be between 18 and 40 years old.
- They should not be more than that.
- Please see the information below for further information about India Post recruitment in 2022.
- The most recent updates are as follows: To view the India Post Recruitment for the Ne Delhi Circle, please visit this page.
- The India Post Recruitment Notification for the Chhattisgarh Circle may be seen by clicking on the following link: The following link will take you to the India Post Recruitment notice for Bihar: Click Here.
- On Embibe, you may learn about exam concepts.
Latest India Post Recruitment Vacancies 2022
Post offices are known as post offices in India, and they are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Communication and the Department of Posts.The headquarters are in the Indian capital of New Delhi.Gramin Dak Sevak is the full name of the organization.The applicants will be chosen by the authorities to conduct various tasks in the postal department, such as the sale of stamps and stationery, as well as the delivery and transportation of mail, among other crucial responsibilities.The number of India Post Gram Dak Sevak positions that are currently available in each area is mentioned in the table below.Additionally, double-check,
Earlier Updates on Indian Post Recruitment
For the Uttarkhand and Uttar Pradesh circles of India Post, applications for Gramin Dak Sevak Post were being accepted.The Indian Postal Service has declared a total of 4845 openings for the role of Gramin Dak Sevak, with 4264 vacancies published for the state of Uttar Pradesh and 581 positions announced for the state of Uttarkhand.On or before September 25, 2021, all interested and qualified candidates must have completed the GDS application form.India Post has extended the deadline for submitting GDS application forms to September 25.Candidates who wish to apply for India’s post-GDS recruitment must have completed Class 10th with a strong performance in mathematics and English.Questions for Exam Practice
India Post Recruitment 2022 – Job Details
Before we get into the specifics, let’s have a look at the table below for an overview of Post Office Recruitment 2022: India Post announces a number of Post Office job openings for a variety of positions.If candidates are interested in GDS positions as well as other India Post vacancies, they must submit separate applications for each position.The GDS announcement will be published on the official website in the near future.For additional information, see the Indian Postal Service Careers page.
How to Apply for India Post GDS 2022?
Students who are interested in applying for the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak 2022 recruitment may simply follow the processes outlined below to submit an application.
Documents Required for India Post GDS Recruitment 2022
When applying for the India Post GDS recruitment 2022, students must present the following papers.
India Post GDS Application Fee
Candidates who wish to apply for the India Post GDS job in 2022 will be required to pay a processing fee.Payment can be made both online and offline, depending on your preference.As a result, the candidates will have no difficulty making the payment.The application cost for India Post GDS recruitment 2022 varies depending on the category you apply for.Please see the information below for further information.Take Mock Exams and See What Happens
Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2022 Admit Card
The admit card is very crucial because applicants will not be allowed to enter the test hall unless they have their India Post recruitment GDS admit card in their possession. Candidates who are interested in downloading the admit card should review the information provided below.
Details Mentioned in India Post GDS Admit Card
All of these facts may be found on the India Post recruitment GDS admit card.
India Post Exam Pattern GDS 2022
- In order to prepare for the India Post GDS Recruitment 2022, students must be familiar with the examination format. Mathematics, Hindi Language, English Language, and Reasoning Ability are the four disciplines that make up this examination.
- To be eligible for consideration, candidates must finish the India Post GDS test 2022 in three hours.
- The test is administered in both online and offline formats.
- Candidates can choose their favourite language based on where they live in the country.
Please see the table below for the India Post GDS recruitment test format in 2022.
India Post Recruitment 2022 – GDS Syllabus
Detailed examination syllabus for the India Post GDS recruitment for the year 2022 may be seen in the table below.
India Post GDS Important Dates
The India Post Recruitment circular for different GDS positions in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand circles was recently published by the conducting authority. Candidates should review the table below to learn more about the dates of major events that will take place in the same:
List of Postal Circles in India
The North Eastern Circle, which includes six states in the North-Eastern region, the Maharashtra Circle, which includes Goa, the West Bengal Circle, which includes Sikkim as well as the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Kerala Circle, which includes the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, and the Punjab Circle, which includes the Union Territory of Chandigarh, are the only Circles that do not correspond to a specific state.As a result, the following is a list of postal circles in India that are participating in Indian Post Recruitment:
India Post Office Recruitment Salary
The salary structure of the Indian Postal Service would fluctuate depending on the position. Check out the wage structure for each position in the table below: Learn More About GDS Salary Right Here!
India Post GDS Eligibility
Candidates must completely review the qualifying requirements before submitting an online application to be considered for the India Post Recruitment campaign.The authorities of the conducting body will not accept application invitations from aspirants who are ineligible for the positions for which they have been invited to apply.According to the requirements of the conducting organization, we have compiled a list of the most appropriate GDS Eligibility Criteria.Candidates are required to go through the same process in order to have a better knowledge.Age restriction: 18 to 40 years.In accordance with government regulations, however, the maximum age restriction has been lowered to 55.
- Check the relaxation criteria from below:
India Post Recruitment Selection Process
- It would be decided which applicants will be selected for India Post recruitment GDS 2022 depending on their performance in the 10th grade test. Please see the following section for further information on the GDS selection process. A merit list will be used to determine who will be chosen. This merit list is compiled on the basis of the results of the 10th standard examination. There will be no exam to pick the applicants
- in the event that the candidates get the same scores, the selection will be determined on the basis of the candidates’ dates of birth. The elder one will be given the opportunity here. In addition, the candidate’s classification is taken into consideration. Male and female candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste (ST) backgrounds will be considered, as will candidates from Other Backward Classes (OBC) backgrounds and Unreserved backgrounds
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste (ST) backgrounds will also be considered, as will candidates from Unreserved backgrounds
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste backgrounds will also be considered
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST)
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 Salary and Benefits
In the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance, the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) will receive his or her compensation (TRCA).As a result of the 7th Pay Commission, the wage or the bare minimum TRCA is applicable to the three types of Gramin Dak Sevak, depending on the working level/hours they do.Please see the information below for further information.More Information about the GDS Selection Process may be found here.
Post Office Recruitment Notification PDF Link
Listed here are the direct links to official notices for several circles, which may be accessed directly. Candidates should review the information in the table below to learn more about the process.
Gramin Dak Sevak Result
GDS results may be seen on the official website of the examination.After all of the applications have been received, the authorities will shortlist the candidates in accordance with the GDS selection procedure.Following that, the GDS Result will be made available as a PDF document in the form of a merit list.The names and registration numbers of the candidates who have been shortlisted will be included in the result PDF.We have now given you with all of the information you want regarding India Post Recruitment.Before applying for the position, candidates should carefully review the qualifying requirements and other criteria.
- Make sure to submit your application online according to the deadline and keep this page bookmarked for future updates on the newest recruiting from India Post.
- Here is where you may practice SSC MTS Tier 1 Book Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions On India Post Recruitment
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most commonly asked questions about the India Post Recruitment process.In order to have a better understanding, candidates should go over the following questions and answers: Q: Is there an upper age restriction for India Post GDS positions?Ans: To be eligible for reservation in reserved categories, a candidate’s age must be between 18 and 40 years old.Q: What are the requirements for employment in the Indian Postal Service?Ans: The candidate must possess a matriculation certificate as well as computer proficiency.Candidates for postal assistant must have passed Class 12, candidates for MTS must have passed Class 10, and candidates for staff vehicle driver must have passed Class 8, respectively.
- Q: Who is eligible to apply for India Post GDS positions?
- Ans: Interested and qualified applicants must have completed their tenth grade education and have studied the local language at least as far as tenth grade.
- Q: What kind of positions are available through the India Post Recruitment program?
- Ans: India Post provides a variety of positions such as postal assistant/sorting assistant, postman/mail guard, Drivers, Gramin Dak Sevak, Assistant Branch Post Master, Branch Post Master, and several more positions in addition to the ones listed above.
- Q: How can I submit an application for the India Post GDS exam?
Ans: Go to the official website, i.e.appost.in, and click on the ″Registration″ link to fill out the necessary information.Following registration, an OTP will be delivered to the cellphone number that was provided.To proceed, enter the OTP and make the India Post application fee payment.Now it’s time to upload the papers.For further information on the India Post Recruitment application, please see this page.
- We trust that now that you have been supplied with all of the necessary information on India Post Recruitment 2022, you will have no difficulties in comprehending the notice.
- Additionally, this India Post announcement will assist you in understanding the processes necessary to complete the online form.
- It is recommended that you practice as many questions as you can and take as many mock examinations as you can to improve your overall preparedness.
- You can also save this page to your favorites for future reference.
- Pro Tip: Embibe provides interactive learning videos as well as topic-based practice questions for a variety of examinations and certifications.
- We provide calibrated feedback based on your performance using the world’s most sophisticated artificial intelligence-based instructional platform, which assures progress in days.
Take our free practice exam right now.We really hope that we have been able to offer you with all of the information you want regarding India Post Recruitment 2022.If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them in the comment box below, and we would be happy to answer them.Keep checking back to embibe.com for the most up-to-date information on India Post Recruitment 2021!
There have been 110 views.
USPS Application process – Apply to Work at USPS
- We invite you to take your time with the application in order to provide the most accurate description of the experience you bring to bear. You have the option to save your progress and return to your profile at a later time if necessary within the eCareers application. There is no charge for either the application or any tests
- if you come across any websites that charge a price, they are not valid and should be reported to the United States Postal Inspection Service. If you have any questions regarding a specific position, you should contact the person who is named on the job offering. If you choose, you may submit applications to a number of different positions at the same time. Alternatively, if you are not selected for a position, you can apply for another post at your convenience. Instead of using a mobile device, a desktop or laptop computer will provide the finest experience.
- Make use of a supported browser, such as Internet Explorer 7-11, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, and/or Safari, among others.
- Make sure Adobe PDF Reader is installed and activated in the browsers that are supported.
- A valid email address is required to apply for jobs or to create a Candidate profile on Indeed. This is the sole manner in which the United States Postal Service may communicate with you regarding your application and job status.
- It is necessary to be 18 years old at the time of appointment, or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- it is necessary to be able to pass a criminal background check, a drug screening, and a medical evaluation.
- The applicant must be a citizen, permanent resident, or a citizen of American Samoa or another United States territory to be considered
- It is necessary to disclose recent job history.
- The candidate must have a clean driving record (if that is relevant to the role)
- If appropriate, you must be registered with the Selective Service.
- The Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check utilizing only information resources available from the United States (e.g., FBI fingerprint check, state and county checks). When doing a criminal history check, investigators go back five years to see if the subject has resided, worked, or attended school anywhere in the United States or one of its territories. Consequently, criminal background investigations on persons who have not lived in the United States or its territories for the prior five years may not be considered comprehensive as a result of this restriction. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. citizens only, but only if their time spent outside the country was spent as a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the United States government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If you are a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the United States government (milit The Inspection Service will not be able to conduct a thorough background check on an individual because of their residency outside of the United States. Such people will be disqualified to work for the Postal Service.
How to Easily Apply For Post Office Jobs and Exams
To begin the new Postal hiring and testing procedure, go to their website usps.com, click on the CAREERS link, and then utilize the job search to identify vacant positions in the organization.Complete and submit their online application if you have found a job opening that you are interested in.As part of the application procedure, you will be required to sit for an employment examination.Although it appears to be an easy procedure, navigating through their broken job search and application process is an excruciating and difficult one.Problems with Job Searching ** You will probably never view all of the jobs that are available.The job search tool is just not functional due to the fact that they are using a generic, off-the-shelf software product that does not communicate effectively with their specific job posting procedures.
- The number of jobs that can be reported for each search is limited to 100 in total.
- However, there are frequently more than 100 job listings that match your search criteria, and you will never view any of the ones that were discarded because the maximum number of 100 was reached.
- ** They employ unusual job titles that you would never think to look for on your own.
- Sales Service & Distribution Associate is the title used by the Postal Service for the clerk who works at the front counter of the facility.
- Because of the regular misspellings, strange abbreviations, and other posting mistakes made by over 30,000 Postmasters countrywide who post their own positions, an astonishing amount of occupations will never be reported.
Issues with the application ** Confusing and contradicting directions leave you wondering as to what you should and should not do during the lengthy online application, which is frustrating.Consider income tax instructions written in impenetrable bureaucratic federal jargon.** Incomplete instructions are a major source of frustration.Do you include a CV, and if so, where do you put it?Where do you put a cover letter?Where can I get personal or professional references?
- There is a place for attachments, but what kinds of attachments are there?
- Approaching the Job Search and Application Process in a Different Way We’ve taken care of all of these concerns for you in our postal job search and application guide, Shortcuts to Your Post Office Job.
- Hacks to make your job search more effective — multi-layered and filter search tactics to get past faulty software, frequent posting problems, and a maximum of 100 results are all included.
- An alphabetical listing of all entry-level positions, complete with official names and job descriptions, is also available.
- We’ve put together a comprehensive and detailed guide to help you get started.
- There is nothing left to chance or guesswork when following these directions.
You will be well aware of what to do and where to do it.You will also be aware of what you should and should not do.It is critical to be able to locate all available positions.Even more critical is the completion of the application in its entirety.
If your application is not properly completed and submitted, it will be rejected, and you will never be considered for a position again in the future.To ensure a successful job search and a correctly filled application, get Shortcuts to Your Post Office Job by clicking here.Our three guides – Shortcuts to Your Post Office Job, USPS Virtual Entry Assessment Test Prep Guide, and USPS Interview Questions & Answers – work together to ensure that you have a successful job search, the highest possible score on the USPS Virtual Entry Assessment Test, and a favorable interview rating for a Postal career.And if you purchase them together in our Complete Postal Job, Exam, and Interview Preparation Course, you will receive a $20 discount.
- For further information, please see this link.
Application For The Post Of Office Assistant
An example of a letter of application for the position of Office Assistant.This application can assist the candidate in the writing of the application itself.It is a sample format for the position of office assistant and other related official positions such as assistant manager, assistant administration manager, assistant accounts manager, assistant human resources manager, assistant teacher, assistant Director, and assistant chief executive officer (CEO).It may be utilized for a variety of purposes.
Application For The Post Of Office Assistant Sample
Advertiser Ejaz and Sons Ltd, 43 Chauburji Road, Lahore…………………………………The application for the position of Office Assistant is the subject of this document.Greetings, Sir I’m writing to you in response to a job posting that was placed today for the position of office assistant in your corporate headquarters in New York City.It has been mentioned that you are on the lookout for a bright young man between the ages of 25 and 30 years old who is capable of performing the demanding job of office assistant in your office.As a result, I’ve made the decision to apply for the position at your organization.University of the Punjab awarded me a post-Graduate degree in English, which I have completed.
- The majority of my academic career has been marked by first-place finishes, with one exception: an open scholarship in the High secondary school exams.
- If you were to give me a position in this field, I would gladly accept.
- I am prepared to start working for you as soon as possible at a decent wage.
- I am a young man who will need to be wooed into joining you.
- I can tell you, Sir, that I will be able to fulfill my responsibilities on my own and that you will be completely satisfied with the results of my work.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.Yours Faithfully, Name………… Signature…….
Application Format for the Post of Office Assistant
Sir, I am grateful for your consideration.I am glad to write to you since I came across your posting for a post office assistant on the internet and thought you would be interested.I have gone over all of the terms and conditions that are required for this position.I honestly feel that I am the most qualified applicant for this position, since I have recently graduated from a reputable and well-known institution of higher learning.I’ve been having financial difficulties and want employment as soon as possible.I have achieved the highest rank in my high school and have also been awarded the best student award.
- I am a highly conscientious and attentive individual, and my entire attention is constantly focused on the work that I have been assigned.
- Yours Faithfully, Name:…………
- Contact information:……
Post Office Job Qualification Requirements & How to Apply
Post Office Job Requirements |Age Limit, Citizenship, Exams, Physicals, and a Driver’s license are some of the requirements.To be eligible to take a post office job qualification exam and pass it, you must first meet a number of qualifications standards, ranging from age limitations to physical requirements.Applicants must be a specific age and must pass a written exam for most vocations, as well as satisfy physical criteria and possess a valid driver’s license.In addition, all applicants must pass a drug test before being considered.As soon as you submit your initial application, all of the criteria for the positions will be posted with the job announcement, and the Postal Service will arrange and schedule any necessary testing as soon as possible.
- When applying for a post office position, print out the job notice and read it completely before submitting your application.
- Keep a copy on hand since it offers contact information in case you require assistance with the application process or need to follow-up after taking the examination.
- All Post Office job applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to be considered.
- Applicants as young as sixteen years old are eligible to apply under certain conditions.
- Carrier employment, which need driving, are only available to those who are 18 years or older.
Individuals who have completed high school or who have ended their high school studies for a valid cause are eligible to apply at the age of sixteen.
Post Office Entrance Exams
473-473E Postal Exam
- Clerks, carriers, rural carriers, and other mail-handling job candidates must pass the 473 Post Office test in order to be considered for employment. Mechanical and electronic technicians, as well as machinists and other tradespeople, must also pass a written examination. The total grade is determined by the results of the exam, as well as your qualifying job experience and educational background. Professionals and some administrative posts are exempt from having to take an entrance exam or write a written exam. They are evaluated and employed solely on the basis of their past job experience and educational background. The 473 and 473 C and 473 E Battery Exams are the clerk and carrier exams, respectively. In terms of occupational titles and exam administration procedures, the sole distinction between the three is the occupational title. Among the jobs covered by the 473 Major Entry Level Jobs Exam are the following: City Carrier, Rural Carrier, Mail Processing Clerk, Sales, Service, and Distribution Associate, Mail Handler, and other positions.
This Postal exam, also known as the 473 Battery Examination, is used to hire the vast majority of entry-level employees in the country. Custodial employment are designated for veterans who qualify for veteran preference under federal law.
- Motor vehicle and tractor trailer operators, as well as highly skilled maintenance positions such as Building Equipment Mechanic, Engineman, Electronics Technician, Auto Mechanics, and General Mechanic, are also required to pass an entrance exam by the United States Postal Service, which is administered online. A passing score on test 931 is required for all skilled maintenance occupations. If you work in the mechanic or electrical skills vocations, you must take a separate announcement (examination 955). These vocations are also covered in detail in the all-new 7th edition of Post Office Jobs, which includes sample tests for each occupation. Exam Schedule (Particular) 473-473E 916 Custodial Maintenance and Laborer
- 931 General Maintenance and Laborer
- 941 Automotive Technician
- 943 Automotive Mechanic
- 955 Mechanical & Electronics Mechanic
- 710 Clerical Abilities Secretary, Clerks, Admin
- 712/713 CBT Ver 2.0 Typing Test 714 Computer Based Test Data Entry 715 Ver 2.0 Data Entry 744 Accounting Technicians
- 807 Defensive Driving Course Drivers
- 916 Custodial Maintenance and Laborer
It is not necessary for applicants to be citizens of the United States. Apply for Postal Service positions if you have permanent resident alien status in the United States of America or if you owe allegiance to the United States of America and meet the other requirements.
- Before being considered for a position with the Postal Service, applicants are screened and reviewed to establish their overall suitability for the position. This evaluation will involve an examination of the applicant’s job history, criminal conviction history, and educational background.
- Personal interviews (see Chapter Seven for further information)
- medical evaluation
The medical evaluation takes place after the employment offer has been made.Since 1973, the United States Postal Service has been prohibited from investigating an applicant’s medical fitness until a legitimate employment offer has been extended to him or her.After choosing an application who meets all other eligibility conditions, the candidate is subjected to a medical examination.During the probationary phase, once an applicant has been hired, the performance of a career employee is reviewed on the job.Individuals’ fingerprints are submitted for review by a specific agency to guarantee that there is no adverse information on them that has not been identified during the screening procedure.Individuals who do not satisfy the qualifications of the United States Postal Service are excluded from consideration for employment after undergoing a thorough screening procedure.
The physical demands of the job are defined by the job.A carrier’s lifting capacity is 70 pounds, and all applicants must demonstrate the ability to efficiently accomplish their assigned responsibilities in order to be considered.It is necessary to do vision and hearing exams.Applicants must have 20/40 vision in the good eye and no worse than 20/100 vision in the other eye in order to be considered.Glasses are permitted on the premises.
State Driver’s License
Depending on the profession, specific physical requirements may be necessary.A carrier’s lifting capacity is 70 pounds, and all candidates must be capable of doing their given responsibilities properly.You’ll need to take vision and hearing exams.In order to be considered, applicants’ vision in the good eye must be at least 20/40 and no worse than 20/100 in the other.Permission is granted to wear spectacles.
Drug Testing (Substance Abuse)
The Postal Service runs a rigorous program to guarantee that its employees operate in a drug-free environment.A requirement for postal work is that the applicant be drug-free, and this requirement is determined by the use of a urine drug screening test.When it is established that you are in the area of consideration for employment, you will be scheduled for a drug screening test to be performed.
- When applying for employment other than mail processing in the Postal Service, the application procedure is quite similar to that of the federal civil service application process. The applicant’s job experience, education, specific knowledge, talents, and abilities are all taken into consideration (KSAs). Job announcements are posted on the United States Postal Service’s website, and applicants must carefully follow the application procedures contained in the job announcement in order to be considered for the position. Any errors or omissions might result in your application being denied. There are several instances where highly competent applicants are turned down due of administrative faults or omissions. The United States Postal Service employs 615,140 people, the vast majority of whom are involved in mail handling. Many administrative, corporate, technical, engineering, and support vocations, on the other hand, are also open to applicants. As noted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Postal Service employs hundreds of different vocations, including the ones mentioned below in abbreviated form: (The number employed in each group is listed in parenthesis.) Management positions in the areas of advertising, marketing promotion, public relations, and sales (360)
- administrative services managers (310)
- information technology managers (150)
- financial managers (160)
- transportation, storage, and distribution managers (720)
- human resource managers (170)
- human resource specialists (1,530
- human resource (HR) workers (1,530)
- business and financial operations occupations (8,530)
- business operations specialists (7,300)
- purchasing agents (500)
- compliance officers (1,4350
- LMR (360)
- logistics managers (360)
View the entire list of postal vocations provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Post Office Application Process
Whenever a vacancy occurs in a particular region, the Postal Service employs, and you may apply for any job opportunity online through the United States Postal Service.They no longer provide tests in areas that were formerly offered every two years.You may apply for employment openings at any time of the year, and anybody can apply.You can now take Part D of the 473 test online without being proctored when you initially apply, and if you pass Part D, you will be scheduled for sections A, B, and C within 14 days of when you apply.Once you have taken and passed the 473 test, you will not be required to repeat the exam when applying for other positions.The exam score is good for several years after it is obtained.
- You must retain your Exam Tracking Number, which is the exam number that you will receive after passing the exam, in order to be able to apply for additional jobs without having to repeat the test.
- Furthermore, there are no fees associated with taking a test with the Postal Service.
- We recommend that you go through our site’s thorough reference to the United States Postal Service’s recruitment and application program before visiting the official USPS website to look for job openings in your region.
- You can also submit your application in person at a post office location.
- Postal Pre-Appointment Interview, Practice and Preparation for the 473 and other entry-level examinations, and How to Locate Job Openings in Your Area are all covered in ″Post Office Jobs.″ The book also offers detailed position descriptions for the top 25 job categories at the Post Office, as well as example exam questions for clerical, technical, custodial, car mechanic, electronics technician, and other jobs.
There are copies of this book available at all bookstores and on Amazon.com, and it is also available in the reference department of many libraries.Consider all career opportunities in the public and private sectors and submit applications to increase your chances of landing a position.Back to the top of the page
Applying for a Passport at the Post Offices
If you require a passport, you can finish the application procedure at your local United States Post Office.Always keep in mind that the procedure for obtaining a post office passport may differ depending on where you go to acquire your passport from.However, in general, the following are the steps to take in order to obtain a passport at the majority of US post offices.It is necessary to first identify the location where you may obtain a passport, as not all post offices provide passport services.It is possible to look for post office locations near you that provide a variety of services using the USPS Find Locations tool.Using the above example, the tool will inform you if a location only sells stamp booklets rather than ID cards, and this will be indicated by the tool.
- To be able to obtain a passport from the United States, you must submit a number of papers. These are some examples: Proof of citizenship
- picture identity
- a color photograph measuring 2″ by 2″ for passports
Aside from the other papers, you will need to submit proof of your child’s relationship to the individual who will be on your passport application form. In addition, you will need to complete a DS-11 application for a passport from the United States. This information may be obtained either online or in person at the post office where you are receiving your passport.
Make an Appointment
You are now ready to get your US passport, which will be issued in either a stamp booklet or an ID card format, or both if you so choose.In order to file your application, you will need to visit the local USPS branch office.Include the supporting material listed in Step 2 in your application as well.It is possible that you may need to schedule an appointment with a USPS Postmaster in order to file the application.Most US post offices that provide passport services, on the other hand, are only offered on a first come, first served basis.
Pay Passport Fees
You will also be required to pay a number of fees in order to submit your application.Passport fees differ depending on whether you are a first-time applicant, renewing your passport, or under the age of sixteen.A first-time adult who applies for a passport through the post office will be charged $135 for the booklet and $55 for an ID card, or $165 for both, according to the most recent rates available in March 2017.
You will also be required to pay a number of fees in order to submit your application.Passport fees differ depending on whether you are a first-time applicant, renewing your passport, or under the age of sixteen.A first-time adult who applies for a passport through the post office will be charge