How to Ship a Package
- Pick Your Box. Use a box that’s big enough to safely fit what you’re sending.
- Pack Your Box. Pack your box to protect your contents and make sure the box arrives intact.
- Address your Package. TIP: If you’ll be printing a mailing label, you can use that instead of a separate address label.
- Choose a Mail Service. The best way to send your package depends on how quickly you want it to arrive and its size and weight.
- Calculate & Apply Postage. Correct postage helps your packages arrive on time. Shipping costs depend on several factors.
— First-Class Package Service. Most people know that a stamp costs$0.58 for first-class mail,which is extremely affordable in terms of shipping costs.
What should I do if an item cannot be shipped?
Ensure the item can be shipped. Some items need special care to ship safely, and others can’t be shipped at all. View the Service Guide to learn more about restricted and prohibited items, dangerous goods and more. Package the item. Do you need to ship a box, envelope, tube, or mailer?
How to ship a package?
How to ship a package. 1 Plan your shipment based on destination. Do you need to ship a package in the US (domestic) or mail something to another country (international)? 2 Ensure the item can be shipped. 3 Package the item. 4 Determine which shipping service is best for your needs. 5 Create shipping labels. More items
How do you seal a shipping package without damaging it?
Shipping centers will often have free material for cushioning your package. Seal the package with nylon reinforced tape. Nylon reinforced tape or pressure-sensitive plastic, like a strong, clear tape, are good for sealing your package because they are less likely to come apart during the shipping process.
What is the best way to ship fragile items?
If you’re sending something more fragile, like plates, you will probably want to place them in a smaller box and then use bubble wrap and foam peanuts. Shipping centers will often have free material for cushioning your package.
What is the cheapest way to ship large packages?
For single boxes, USPS is often the cheapest option. For large light boxes, USPS Priority Mail will be cheapest. For heavy large boxes or shipments of multiple boxes, consolidated freight is one of the most cost-effective shipping methods.
How do I ship a very large package?
Tips when shipping large items
- Use a strong box. The heavier your items, the sturdier box you need.
- Opt for heavy-duty packing tape.
- Determine how to ship your large package based on weight and size.
- Consider dividing the shipment into multiple packages.
What is the cheapest way to ship 50 lbs?
USPS. A 50 lb box can be shipped via USPS using either flat rate or variably priced services. The best option depends on how fast you need your package to arrive. With delivery in 1-3 business days, USPS Priority Mail Flat rate shipping is typically the cheapest way to ship a 50 lb box.
How much does it cost to ship a 70 lb box?
Priority Mail has a weight limit of 70 pounds for all sizes, from a small envelope to a large box, but the largest size they offer is about 1 foot by 1 foot by 6 inches. Prices range from $6.95 for the small envelope to $17.60 for the large box.
How much does it cost to ship 40 lbs USPS?
A 40 lb box can be shipped using USPS Priority Mail flat rate shipping or variable pricing.
|Box size||Flat rate price|
|Medium box (13 ⅝” x 11 ⅞” x 11” or 11” x 8 ½” x 5 ½”)||$15.05|
|Large box (23 11/16” x 11 ¾” x 12” or 12” x 12” x 5 ½”)||$21.10|
How much would it cost to ship a 15 lb package?
2021 USPS Parcel Select Ground Shipping Rates
|Parcel Select (wt. not over)||Zones 1 & 2||Zone 5|
How much does it cost to send a 50 pound package?
|Weight Tiers||FedEx Ground||FedEx 2Day|
How much does it cost to ship 60 lbs?
USPS: If you choose USPS Parcel Select for your shipment, the delivery rate will be nearly $190. DHL: The shipping charge for sending your package with DHL is approximately $500. UPS: When sending a parcel weighing 56-60 pounds, it will cost you around $150 with ground service and $400 with priority service.
Can USPS ship large packages?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) sells cartons up to 20” x 14” x 10”, and offers a couple of service levels suitable for large boxes. Priority Mail packages ship in 1-3 business days depending on the origin and destination. Shipments cannot exceed 70 lbs and must be under 108” in combined length and girth.
Is FedEx or UPS cheaper for heavy?
UPS and FedEx package shipping costs are about the same, but UPS flat rate pricing is slightly cheaper than FedEx. For variable pricing, FedEx generally starts out slightly cheaper but can be more expensive for larger, heavier shipments or for packages that will travel a longer distance.
Does UPS ship large?
Packages can be up to 150 pounds. Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined. Packages can be up to 108 inches in length. Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.
What is the largest size package USPS will ship?
The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. USPS Retail Ground pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices). Regardless of the size of the mailpiece, the maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece is 70 pounds.
How much does it cost to ship 100 pounds UPS?
– $18.00 per each package in a UPS Hundredweight Service shipment for UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Next Day Air Saver®, UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3 Day Select® and UPS® Ground shipment. Maximum of $126.00 per shipment.
How big is FedEx extra large box?
Flat rate boxes, envelopes, paks and tubes
|FedEx® Large Box||12-3/8′ x 3′ x 17-1/2′ 8-3/4′ x 7-3/4′ x 11-1/4′||as low as $22.00|
|FedEx® Extra Large Box||11-7/8′ x 10-3/4′ x 11′ 15-3/4′ x 14-1/8′ x 6′||as low as $35.55|
|FedEx® Tube||6′ x 6′ x 38′||as low as $35.55|
Does UPS charge by weight or size?
The rate is based on the service, the weight and zone. To determine if your shipment will incur any additional charges based on UPS additional services, please refer to the Additional Charges section on page 6 of this Rate Guide.
Where is the cheapest place to ship a package?
– If your item is heavier than 2 lbs, try to fit everything into a USPS priority mail flat rate medium box. – If your item is heavier than 5 lbs, try to fit everything into a USPS priority mail flat rate large box. – Otherwise, Fedex and UPS will be cheaper for heavier packages.
How to cheaply ship larger items?
What is the cheapest way to ship a package internationally?
– Example #1: Shipping A Handbag From The US To Japan – Example #2: Shipping BoxyCharm Box From The US To Australia – Example #3: Shipping Consolidated Package From The US To Saudi Arabia
How to Prepare & Send a Package
Sending domestic parcels is simple with the United States Postal Service®.Preparing your boxes properly will ensure that they arrive on time and will save you money in the long run.See Sending Mail for information on how to mail a letter or postcard.
Learn how to measure packages to ensure that they will fit through automated processing equipment and that you will not be charged any more costs in the future.Watch our video on ″How to Measure a Package″ to learn how to determine the dimensions and weight of a package: Transcript of the video (TXT 2 KB)
How to Ship a Package
Step 1: Pick Your Box
- Make sure the box you’re using is large enough to accommodate the items you’re mailing safely. If you keep to normal sizes, you’ll avoid having to pay fees for packages that cannot be machined. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
- TIP: If you’re planning to send something by Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express, the boxes are available in regular sizes, and you can pick them up at your local Post OfficeTM or purchase them online for free. Place an order for shipping supplies. Keep in mind that the pricing is determined by the size and weight: Packages must not weigh more than 70 lbs. in total.
- In most circumstances, packages are not allowed to be longer than 108 inches in total length and circumference combined. 130 inches in length for USPS Retail Ground® service.
- Package Size and Weight Requirements
- Measuring the Girth of the Package
Preparing Your Box
- Pack your box carefully to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Using 2-inch wide packing tape, tape your box together so that it shuts flat on all sides and strengthen the flaps.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
NOTE: Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express both come with complimentary boxes, which you can pick up at your local Post Office or buy from the company’s website. Place an order for shipping supplies.
Step 2: Pack Your Box
Pack your box to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition.Tape your box so that it shuts flat on all sides and does not bulge, and strengthen the flaps with 2-inch wide packing tape to prevent them from opening.Cord, thread, and twine should not be used since they can become entangled in equipment.
TIP: Place a packing slip or a piece of paper with the destination address inside the box to ensure that it is delivered..
Restricted & Prohibited Items
Many commodities, such as fragrances, alcoholic drinks, and dry ice, are subject to shipping limitations or are completely forbidden. If you have any queries regarding what you may and cannot mail through the USPS, you should consult the list of restricted and prohibited products. Items that are restricted or prohibited
Step 3: Address your Package
TIP: If you’re going to be printing a mailing label, you may skip the step of printing an address label altogether.The address format for a box is the same as the address format for an envelope or letter.Address labels should be written or printed clearly.
Make use of ink that won’t smudge and provide your return address as well as the ZIP CodesTM for both you and your receiver on the envelope.
- Addresses for packages should be formatted in the same way as envelope addresses are. Incorporate both the sender’s and the recipient’s addresses into the same side of the box.
- When writing addresses by hand, use a permanent marker.
Step 4: Choose a Mail Service
- The most efficient method of shipping your delivery is determined by how fast you need it to arrive as well as the size and weight of the package. The United States Postal Service offers a variety of postal services, including varied delivery speeds, package sizes, and optional extras such as tracking and insurance. It is possible to send packages utilizing Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail®, First-Class Package Service-RetailTM, United States Postal Service Retail Ground®, and Media Mail® services. When selecting a shipping provider, there are a number of factors to take into consideration. The following information is required: package contents
- shape, size, and weight. USPS Tracking®
- special handling and insurance
- and USPS Delivery Confirmation® receipts are required.
Services for Mailing and Shipping
Postal labels inform mail workers and carriers about the postal service and any additional services you have purchased from the post office.Shipping Labels from the United States Postal Service Match the label to the mailing service that you have purchased.When using FRAGILE labels, for example, make sure you have paid the necessary price for the USPS® Special Handling-Fragile service at a Post Office location before using the labels.
Special Instructions for Handling
You may insure your cargo for up to $5,000 if you are shipping exceptionally important things. For further peace of mind, you may pay for a delivery confirmation service such as Certified Mail® to ensure that your shipment arrives on time. Insurance and Added-Value Services
Step 5: Calculate & Apply Postage
Your packages will arrive on time if you use the proper postage. Shipping prices are determined by a variety of factors. To discover postage pricing for different services, you can enter your package details into the USPS Postage Calculator and get the results. Postage should be placed in the top-right corner of your shipment, regardless of whether you are using stamps or printed postage.
Make certain that you are not undercharging for postage.A parcel that is sent without enough postage may be returned to you, or the person who receives it may be required to make up the difference in postal costs.Using the USPS Price Calculator wizard, you will be guided through the process of measuring your box and calculating your domestic postage charges on your behalf.
Calculate the Cost of a Product
- There are a variety of options for obtaining postage for your package. Postal Store® Order all stamps and ad-on postage for bigger envelopes from the convenience of your home.
- Click-N-Ship® Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® envelopes should be printed and postage paid by the sender.
- Post OfficeTM Drop-Off Locations Stamps can be purchased at Post Offices or Approved Postal Providers®, such as grocery and drug stores
Step 6: Ship Your Package
- The location of where you mail your box is determined by the size of the box and your geographic location. There are several options for shipping packages: request free package pickups, put small parcels in a blue collection box, go to a Post OfficeTM site, or leave your box with an Approved Postal Provider®. As long as your box is less than one-half inch thick and weighs less than 10 oz, you can utilize postage stamps and do one of the following procedures: Place it in your mailbox so that the carrier may pick it up.
- Drop it in a blue collection box or the mail slot in the Post Office lobby
- Make a request for a free pickup
If your box is more than one-half inch thick or weighs more than ten ounces and you’re using postage stamps, you must take it to a retail counter at the Post Office before it can be shipped.Use the Post Office Self-Service Kiosk to purchase stamps and then put your package in the lobby package slot to complete your transaction.Please keep in mind that if you place a big package in your mailbox for pickup, the carrier will leave it there.
If you drop it in a blue collection box or the mail slot in the Post Office lobby, it will be returned to your possession.
Schedule a Package Pickup
- Package pickups from the US Postal Service allow you to mail your items in less time. Pickup of Packages is Complimentary No matter how many items you have booked for pickup during normal mail delivery, package pickup is always completely free. The United States Postal Service (USPS) will often pick up your box on the next delivery day or another scheduled day.
- Pickup on Demand® is a trademark of Pickup on Demand, Inc.
- Alternatively, if you want your parcels picked up at a specified time, you can pay a charge and the Post Office will pick up your cargo within a 2-hour period planned in advance.
Schedule a Pickup
How to Ship a Package with UPS
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded UPS is the world’s biggest package delivery firm, with operations in more than 200 countries.The shipping process with UPS is straightforward and straightforward, provided that you follow the appropriate procedures for mailing your goods.For example, if you wrap the contents properly with the appropriate box and cushioning, your delivery is more likely to arrive in good condition.
Aside from that, double-checking that you’ve supplied the proper address (domestic or international), labels, and delivery mode will guarantee that your shipment reaches in the correct spot.
- 1Select the most appropriate box for the contents of your package. Typically, items are transported in cardboard boxes to protect them from damage. You may either bring your own or purchase one from your local UPS shipping location to complete the process. Find a box that will readily accommodate anything you intend to transport while still leaving plenty of room for additional items. The box should not swallow the object, but it should be large enough to accommodate padding.
- 2 The contents of the package should be cushioned. Cushioning materials such as bubble wrap and foam ″peanuts″ are widely employed. In most cases, the amount of cushioning you utilize in your box is determined by the contents of the container. In the case of a book, for example, bubble wrap should be sufficient padding to protect the item. Plates, for example, are more fragile and should be packed in a smaller box with bubble wrap and foam peanuts to ensure their safety during shipping. Shipping centers frequently have free material available for cushioning your box
- take advantage of this.
- Promotional material
- 3 Nylon reinforced tape is used to close the packaging. When sealing your shipment, nylon reinforced tape or pressure-sensitive plastic, such as a strong, transparent tape, are recommended since they are less likely to fall apart during the shipping process. This sort of tape may be purchased from a packaging supply store. If you want the shipping facility to tape up your box for you, you can pay them a charge. If the item is difficult to send, ask for assistance at the shipping center. Certain things, such as those that are strangely shaped, extremely delicate, or extremely huge, may be difficult to pack on your own. If you are unclear about whether or not you have packaged the item properly, you can seek assistance from your local UPS shipping location. They will be able to advise you on the most secure technique of packaging your goods. Check to see whether your item is on the UPS forbidden list. Items that are prohibited from being shipped by UPS will not be shipped. If they are sent and examined, you will be held fully responsible for the item(s) in question. Items such as illegal narcotics (such as marijuana), fireworks, ammunition, hazardous trash, ivory, and postage stamps are among those that are prohibited.
- 1Confirm that UPS will deliver your package to its intended destination. Any genuine street address will be accepted by UPS for shipping, however a PO box will not be accepted for delivery. If the address provided is inaccurate or is a P.O. box, your delivery will be delayed or returned to you.
- 2 Select a domestic delivery provider from the drop-down menu. Choosing a domestic delivery provider is necessary if you are shipping the package to an address within your nation. Inquire with your local UPS facility about your shipping alternatives
- nevertheless, for domestic deliveries, you will often have multiple options, including: Air is scheduled on the next day. This service will deliver your package the next day. Second day air is the most expedient, but also the most expensive, alternative available. With this option, your shipment will be delivered within 2 business days
- 3-day select is also available. Your package will be delivered within three business days. If you live in the United States and your shipment is being delivered outside of the continental United States, it may take longer
- ground service is the most common option. Your shipment will be delivered within 5 business days after placing your order with us. Once again, if you are sending the shipment outside of the continental United States, the delivery time may be extended. As the least priced alternative, this is the best choice.
- 3 Select a delivery service for shipments to countries outside of the United States. International shipments are delivered in a different manner than domestic goods are. For a complete list of your options, contact your local UPS location. Shipping abroad is usually accomplished by one of many methods. These are as follows: Express shipping to anywhere in the world. You may expect your item to arrive the next day if you are shipping from the United States to Canada. If you are shipping to a country outside than the United States, your product will arrive in two business days. Express shipping is the most costly choice
- worldwide expedited shipping is the most expensive option. Your shipment will be delivered within 2 to 5 business days
- this is the standard delivery time. It might take anywhere from a few weeks to a month for your shipment to reach at its intended destination. Standard is the least priced choice
- nevertheless, it is not the most reliable.
- 4Create a shipping label and attach it to the package. Shipping from home or dropping off your goods at a UPS drop box will need you to print the shipping label from your computer at home. Everything related to your delivery is listed on the shipping label, including the recipient’s and return address information. In addition, you will be required to submit the package’s weight and dimensions. If you are shipping to a center, you can wait until you arrive before filling out the necessary paperwork.
- 5 Please include your mailing details with your submission. In the event that you have printed off the shipping label, you must adhere it to the top of the box. Clear plastic pouches may be obtained from a UPS distribution site. Alternatively, you may fix the label to the middle of the box by covering it with transparent tape. Before sending the box out, double-check that none of the shipping information has been concealed or altered. Another alternative is to wait until you arrive at the shipping facility to enter part of the information, such as the delivery service you like
- 6Deliver the box from your house or a UPS drop-off location. If you prefer, you may plan an at-home pickup by contacting or visiting the UPS website. Alternatively, you can leave the item in a UPS drop box or bring it to a local shipping facility. It is preferable to visit a shipping facility if you have any queries regarding how to ship your cargo.
- You can keep track of your cargo. UPS can provide you with up-to-date information on the location of your shipment and when it is expected to arrive. Each parcel is granted a tracking number, which may be checked at ups.com to keep track of its progress. If you do not see your tracking information updated online, you should contact UPS. Advertisement
- 1Ensure that the product is delivered with plenty of time to spare. The importance of this is magnified if you are delivering products overseas. Don’t wait until the last minute to ship your product unless you want to pay for overnight delivery. This is particularly important if your package must arrive by a specific time. Sending the box out a few weeks before your intended delivery date will provide you with an added layer of security. 2If the item is fragile or expensive, consider purchasing insurance. There will be instances where items are misplaced or damaged throughout the shipping process. You should consider purchasing insurance for your package if you are concerned about this happening. If the item is worth more than $100, UPS will insure your delivery for free up to $100. If the item is worth more than $100, you might consider purchasing additional insurance. 3Calculate the shipping cost online. The amount for insurance can vary depending on the item you are mailing, therefore it is better to contact an employee at your local UPS shipping center about the insurance rate for your particular box. Even when sending domestically, the delivery cost might sometimes be higher than anticipated, especially when shipping overseas. For those worried about the cost of delivery, ups.com has a shipping calculator that may be used to estimate shipping costs. Fill out the calculator with all of your delivery details, including the weight and dimensions of your package, to obtain an estimate for shipping costs. If you’re sending overseas, be sure to check the country’s requirements first. In certain nations, some things are forbidden or need authorization before being imported. Additionally, there may be additional rules that apply to your overseas shipment, such as value limitations and import/export documentation requirements. When in doubt about the restrictions for the nation to which you are shipping your product, go to ups.com or contact UPS for clarification. Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question What is the best way to obtain a shipping label that indicates where my shipment is being sent? You may either print one from the UPS website or pick one up in person at a shipping facility.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible to utilize a previously used box? Yes, just make sure that any previous shipping labels have been pulled off or blackened out before continuing on.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible to mail a paperback novel through the United States Postal Service? Sure. Almost any little thing may be transported by the United States Postal Service (or UPS).
- Concerning the Question Is it possible to ship a frame in a bubble wrap mailer? You may mail any non-hazardous item as long as it fits inside the bubble wrap package.
- Concerning the Question What is the maximum allowable weight of a package? Although there are no weight restrictions on UPS deliveries, you may be subject to extra costs and extended delivery periods if your box is particularly large or bulky in nature.
- Concerning the Question The cost of shipping with UPS is something I’m not sure how to calculate. To figure out how much shipping will cost, you may use the UPS online shipping calculator or visit a UPS shipping center.
- Concerning the Question Can you tell me how much it costs to send with UPS? It is dependent on the delivery option you select, as well as the size and weight of the shipment in question. Ground service, also known as standard service, is the least expensive, while express service is the most expensive. With response to the question, yes, you may wrap a parcel in brown paper. That should be OK as long as the necessary postage is included.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to pay for shipping? If you’re sending the item, you’ll have to pay at the post office to get it. If you are purchasing something online, the cost of shipping will be included in the price of the item, and the amount will be charged to the credit card that was used to make the initial purchase.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to return anything I’ve ordered? Is it okay if I utilize the bag that they provided? In many circumstances, you must return an item in its original packing, especially if the item has the potential to be damaged during shipping (I would also insure it for the value of the item). However, in almost all circumstances, you will be required to get authorisation prior to returning the item. They will provide you with an RMA number that should be written on the return package’s address label. Most companies may deny delivery if you do not have an RMA number, so make sure you contact them first before sending anything back.
- More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. If you’re recycling a box or container, make sure to remove any prior labels or shipment markings.
- Customs brokerage expenses that are not normal are not included in the shipping charges.
- Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement Before mailing the goods, double-check the shipping address to ensure that it is correct. If the shipping address is entered incorrectly, the item may not be delivered to the intended location.
- Do not deal with or mail any unlawful materials.
About This Article
To ship a box with UPS, go online and fill out a shipping label with your address, the address of the destination, and the size and weight of your package, as well as any other information you want to include.When you’ve finished filling out the label, print it off and attach it to the top of your package with transparent tape.After that, you may phone UPS or go online to their website to arrange for a pickup at your residence.
If it’s more convenient for you, you may also visit a nearby UPS shipping center.In any scenario, pick ground delivery shipping, which is the least expensive and will have your product delivered within 5 business days of your order being placed.Continue reading to find out how to monitor your package online.Did you find this overview to be helpful?The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 215,171 times.
How to Ship a Package
The process of sending orders to your customers might seem overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s why we’re here to walk you through the fundamentals of mailing a package online! In order to make your shipping procedure as seamless as possible, we’ll walk over everything from making your label to mailing your box to you.
Selecting Your Service
Before you start designing your label, think about the shipping service you’ll be utilizing to deliver your goods.You’ll be able to quickly write this information on your label and know what supplies you’ll need later on as a result of this method.Prior to selecting a shipping service, it’s critical to understand the weight and dimensions of the package you’ll be shipping.
In order to make an informed decision if you are a ShippingEasy merchant, we recommend that you utilize our rate calculator.The rate calculator displays all of the shipping rates for your shipment across all of your linked carriers, allowing you to view all of your shipping alternatives in one convenient place.We’ve included some of the most frequently utilized services in the section below.
|Maximum Weight||Maximum Dimensions|
|Weight-rates||70 lbs||Max girth of 108”|
|Flat Rate Packages||70 lbs||Must fit in branded packaging|
|Regional Rate Boxes||20 lbs||Must fit in branded packaging|
|Dimensional-Rates (Flat Rate Green)||20 lbs||Less than 0.50 cubic feet. All sides less than 18 inches|
Ground delivery by UPS is one of the most often utilized services by customers since it is cost-effective and delivers packages within one to five business days.UPS Ground offers tracking, making it simple for you and your client to remain up to date on the status of your package while it is in transit.Additionally, you may save up to 76 percent on UPS services, including UPS Ground, when you use ShippingEasy’s UPS One Balance service.
FedEx Ground accepts items weighing up to 150 pounds and measuring up to 165″ in length plus girth (L+2W+2H), and, like UPS Ground, it guarantees delivery within one to five business days (three to seven for Alaska and Hawaii).You may also link your FedEx account to your ShippingEasy account so that any negotiated prices you have will be used when you are charged by FedEx for the labels you have created for your customers.
Creating and Printing Labels
With ShippingEasy, we simplify the label-creation process by allowing you to generate a label for your order either manually or from your synced orders on the Orders page, which you can access from the Orders page.If you haven’t already, double-check all of the information on your order after it has been posted or made accessible on your Orders page.It is important to double-check the information on your label, including the carrier, service, and all of the sender and receiver, because this is the information that will be printed on your label.
Depending on the circumstances, your carrier may offer you modifications if your label is scanned in with the incorrect service or dimensions indicated.Let’s get started on printing your label right away.By sending your label to the Ready to Ship page, you will have one more opportunity to double-check that everything is how you want it.It will depend on whether or not ConnectEasy is enabled whether or not you will have two options on the Ready to Ship page.ConnectEasy is a free add-on for our Basic and above users, and it is simply a $5 add-on for our Starter users.
It allows you to print labels, pick slips, and packing slips automatically, and it is available to all of our users.To activate ConnectEasy on your account, go to the Shipping option in your menu and pick it from there.You’ll next pick Devices & Hardware from the drop-down menu, which should result in a screen similar to this: The Buy and Print Label option will be available on your Ready to Ship page if you are using ConnectEasy.When you select this option, your label will automatically print to whichever printer you have connected in your Printer Configurations.For those who do not utilize ConnectEasy, you will choose the Buy Label option, and the label will be moved to the Ready to Print page, where you will print it from your queue.
- Let’s begin packing now that you’ve finished creating and printing your label.
Packing Your Shipment
After you’ve picked your service and printed your label, you’ll need to decide which style of packing is most appropriate for your cargo.As previously stated, several services have specified weight and size criteria, and other services also require specific types of packing, such as USPS Priority Mail Flat-Rate boxes, in order to function properly.We’ve included some information regarding those USPS-specific items, as well as some packing tips from the USPS, UPS, and FedEx, in the sections below.
Although the United States Postal Service (USPS) requires its special boxes for those flat-rate services, you may get them from the USPS online and have them sent to your home for free. Visit the United States Postal Service’s blog for additional information about sending parcels.
In some cases, UPS may not provide carrier-specific boxes; nevertheless, The UPS Store is ready to assist you with materials and packing. Visit UPS’s website for more information on how to properly pack your goods.
The FedEx Express delivery service, like the USPS Priority Mail service, is a flat-rate shipping service, and those boxes can be delivered to your home for free if you have a FedEx account.Locations of FedEx Offices are also a useful source for shipping materials, particularly when delivering more sensitive things.FedEx also provides further information regarding shipping shipments on their website, which may be found here.
Sending Your Package
Now that your product has been properly packaged and is ready to send, the next step in the shipping process is to have it shipped off! You may plan a pick-up or a drop-off for your shipment with the United States Postal Service, UPS, and FedEx. We’ve divided down the USPS, UPS, and FedEx alternatives for you so that you can get additional information about each of those options.
How to Send a USPS Package
When it comes to the United States Postal Service, pickups are planned directly with the Postal Service for Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and international services.If you’re a ShippingEasy merchant, you’ll be able to schedule a pickup using your customer portal.Rather than scanning in items one at a time during a USPS pickup, design a SCAN form that creates a single page and a single barcode that your carrier may scan instead of having to scan in goods separately.
When it comes time to drop off your package, utilize this useful tool to locate the USPS site that is nearest to you.Many commodities, such as fragrances, alcoholic drinks, and dry ice, are subject to shipping limitations or are completely forbidden.If you have any queries regarding what you may and cannot mail through the USPS, you should consult the list of restricted and prohibited products.
How to Send a UPS Package
UPS One Balance purchased via ShippingEasy allows you to plan a pickup for up to 30 shipments at one time.If you don’t have a UPS One Balance, you may schedule a pickup from UPS using the company’s official website.In order to drop a box off at a UPS site, utilize their locator to locate the drop-off location that is nearest to you.
Some products are restricted in their ability to be sent or are outright forbidden.For any doubts concerning what you may ship using UPS, please refer to the list of restricted and forbidden products on their website.
How to Send a FedEx Package
FedEx enables for both regular and one-time pickups of your packages, as well as drop-offs at specific FedEx locations.On FedEx’s website, you may discover additional information about scheduling pickups and finding your local location, as well as other useful information.Some products are restricted in their ability to be sent or are outright forbidden.
If you have any queries regarding what you are permitted to ship with FedEx, you should consult the list of restricted and prohibited goods.We understand that shipping a product or shipments might be difficult, but we are here to assist you!To ship a box, you must first select a service, print your label, properly package your item, and then arrange for it to be picked up or dropped off by your selected carrier.You’ll save time and money by not having to repackage your shipments if you’re aware of your carrier’s service alternatives in advance of shipping.Depending on the carrier, you may choose from a number of different pick-up and drop-off alternatives to optimize your transaction.
Finding the shipping alternatives that work best for your small business is critical, so make shipping less difficult by using the Easy Shipping method.Are you looking for even more assistance with your shipping needs?Begin your 30-day risk-free trial right away.Make ShippingEasy as soon as possible.
How to Ship a Package at the Post Office
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded For mailing packages to clients or friends, the United States Postal Service may be an extremely dependable and cost-effective choice.Despite the fact that mailing a parcel from the post office appears to be a hard and perplexing procedure, it is actually rather simple if you are aware of your shipping options and know how to properly prepare your item for shipment.
- 1 Use Retail Ground for the most cost-effective shipping method available. Retail Ground, formerly known as Standard Post, is the least expensive method of shipping an item by the United States Postal Service. However, it is also the most inefficient, with a delivery time ranging between 2 and 8 working days. The Retail Ground service is an excellent choice if speed is not a major consideration for your package. If you are shipping a box via Retail Ground, it may take up to 14 business days to receive it
- the maximum weight for goods sent by Retail Ground is 70 pounds (32 kg)
- 2 Priority Mail is a flat-rate service that charges the same amount regardless of the weight of the item. Predictable delivery time for Priority Mail is 1-3 days. It also includes free tracking information. This shipping option provides a large number of ″flat rate″ boxes, which means that as long as the product fits inside of the standard box provided by the United States Postal Service, the weight of the shipment does not matter. This might save you the time and effort of weighing the product and ensuring sure you have enough postage to send it. Priority Mail is a service that allows you to send items weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kg). All of the boxes and envelopes for Priority Mail are provided at no cost. You may either request that they be mailed to your home or workplace, or you can go to the post office and pick up what you need there.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes Are Available A flat rate envelope is a cardboard envelope that measures 12.5 inches (32 centimeters) by 9.5 inches (24 centimeters). A padded flat rate envelope is a waterproof envelope that measures 12.5 inches (32 centimeters) by 9.5 inches (24 centimeters). Tiny Flat Rate Box: A small, cardboard box with dimensions of 8 in (20 cm) x 5 in (13 cm) x 1.75 in (4.4 cm) is used for shipping. Medium Flat Rate Boxes: These boxes are available in two sizes: An unbreakable box with the following measurements: 11.25 in (28.6 cm) x 8.75 in (22.2 cm) x 6 in (15 cm) OR 14 in (36 cm) x 12 in (30 cm) x 3.5 in (8.9 cm). Large Flat Rate Box: This is the largest flat rate box available, measuring 12.25 in (31.1 cm) x 12.25 in (31.1 cm) x 6 in (15 cm) in size. Promotional material
- 3 Use Express Mail if you need your package delivered as soon as possible. The Priority Mail Express delivery option is the most costly, but it is also the quickest and comes with a money-back guarantee, making it an excellent choice. It is the United States Postal Service’s equivalent of next-day delivery, and it takes 1-2 business days to arrive. You may also send anything that fits into flat rate boxes as long as the shipment weighs less than 70 pounds (32 kg), which is available on the website. The United States Postal Service also offers an expedited service that will have your package delivered by 3 p.m. the following day
- Express Mail also offers insurance coverage of up to $100, a signature confirmation of delivery, and tracking information
- Please keep in mind that Priority Mail Express frequently has a separate pickup and drop-off time in order to ensure that your package arrives at its destination on time. For confirmation of the drop-off time, call or check online with your local post office.
- 4 When shipping envelopes that weigh less than 13 ounces (370 g), First-Class Mail is the best option. The First-Class Mail shipping service is a cost-effective solution to send a lightweight parcel swiftly and at a reasonable cost. Packages are delivered within 1-3 business days, and the United States Postal Service (USPS) provides insurance against loss or damage for products up to $5,000. Additional services such as delivery confirmation, which allows you to track your product as it travels to its destination, are also available. Because of their modest weight and durability, padded envelopes are recommended for First-Class Mail.
- A lightweight package sent through First-Class Mail must not exceed 15 inches (38 cm) by 12 inches (30 cm) in size
- otherwise, your package will be charged at the next higher pricing or shipping category.
- Your package must be at least 14 inches (0.64 cm) thick in order to be accepted. If your package does not meet the required dimensions, the USPS may either return it or automatically increase the shipment and charge the client.
- 5 Use Media Mail to send books, CDs, and other types of media. A cost-effective way to transmit media such as sound and video recordings on a disk, manuscripts, sheet music, printed instructional charts, medical binders, and computer-readable media across the country is through the United States Postal Service’s Media Mail service. Game consoles and computer hard drives are not eligible for discounted Media Mail rates.
- It is possible to send media mail with a maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg).
- Request confirmation from a postal worker that your things qualify for Media Mail before you box them up and send them from the post office.
- 1 Place your package in a box or envelope and secure it with tape or a zip tie. Incorporate the item or things into the box or envelope, and, if required, cushion the contents with cushioning materials (such as bubble wrap, newspaper, or packing peanuts). Seal the envelope or tape the box tight using packing tape to ensure that it shuts flat on all sides. The top and bottom of the box should be reinforced with tape to ensure that it does not open while in transit. For retail ground and first class mail, you can use any strong cardboard box that you have on hand. You are not required to utilize the Priority Mail box provided by the United States Postal Service.
- Use a box that is large enough to accommodate your package while yet allowing you to add any additional cushioning material if necessary.
- Otherwise, you can scratch off any stickers or logos on your box that are not the USPS emblem for Priority Mail boxes with a marker or cover them with your postage label.
- Make certain that your box does not have any loose items hanging from it, such as twine, string, or tape, because these items might become entangled in the sorting machinery.
2 Make sure you correctly address the package.You may either use label stickers or put the address directly on the package itself to make it more visible.Make sure to include a return address as well as the zip codes in your letter.
When printing an address, choose ink that will not smear so that the address stays readable as it travels to its destination.If you’re writing the address directly on the package, a permanent marker is recommended.
3 Take your package to the post office so that it may be measured and weighed.Before you can ship your item, you must first pay for the appropriate postage, which means you must take precise measurements of the box’s size and weight.When you bring your item to the retail counter of your local post office, a postal worker will weigh and measure it to calculate how much postage it needed.
They will also get the opportunity to check the package to ensure that it has been properly prepared.When the postal worker is calculating the necessary postage, be careful to inquire about the cost of confirmation numbers, since they may incur an additional charge depending on your shipping methods.
- Tip: You may pay for your flat rate Priority and Priority Express Mail postage online and have it attached to your package so that you can bring the cargo to the post office ready to be scanned and processed. Make your payment at usps.com/business/postage-options.htm and print the labels so you may stick them on your delivery.
- 4 Prepare and attach the postage to the parcel. Having your cargo weighed and measured is the first step in purchasing the postage necessary to get it sent. Postage should be applied on the package in a prominent and easily accessible area. A barcode will be printed on the shipping label, and this barcode will be scanned when the package is processed along the way to delivery, so make sure the label is easy to locate and scan. A postal worker may also provide you with the cost of shipping for a variety of ways, allowing you to evaluate and select the most cost-effective choice for your shipping requirements.
- If you purchased your package from the post office, the postal worker will frequently add the postage for you
- otherwise, you will have to do it yourself.
- Postage is always placed at the top-right corner of an envelope, however the location of the postage might differ for parcels.
- In the event that you printed your own postage on standard paper, wrap the paper completely with transparent tape to ensure that it does not become too moist to see or scan
- Provide the postal worker at the retail desk with your box in step 5. It is possible to validate that the item has been correctly packed and that the relevant postage has been applied by the postal worker behind the counter. After that, they will scan the package and prepare it for distribution. They may also be able to give you with a confirmation or receipt for your purchase.
- 6 If you want to trace your package, get a tracking number. Tracking information allows you to keep track of your package while it is in transit. This is a useful function if you need to check on the status of a product or make sure that it has been delivered successfully. It may be more expensive to obtain tracking information for a parcel being shipped through First-Class Mail or Retail Ground, but knowing where your package is at all times can provide you with piece of mind. Getting tracking information is included for free with Priority Mail, Priority Express, and First-Class Mail. If you need to verify that your shipment was received by someone, you can get a signature confirmation from the Postal Service.
- Question Add a new question Question Is it necessary for me to utilize a box? A padded envelope can be used to mail a small, non-fragile object.
- Question Will they come and get it? If you arrange a pick-up at USPS.com/pickup, your carrier will come to your location and pick up your item for delivery. Will it be possible to use a cardboard box with U-Haul logos all over it? The answer is yes, so long as the postal and return addresses are plainly visible. Is it possible for me to pay in cash? Is it true?
- Question Is it possible for me to take my item to my local post office and have it packaged and wrapped, or do I have to do it myself? In order to protect their customers’ items, the Postal Service does not pack or wrap them.
- Question Do I need to include a return address? If you don’t, it’s to your favor, especially if the product is unable to be delivered for whatever reason. Should the shipping label be placed on the side of the box or on the top? If at all feasible, both. If you just have one label, place it on the top surface of the container.
- Question Is it okay if I use scotch tape to make the address label? Is it true?
- Question Is it necessary to provide identification while shipping a package? No, you do not need to provide identification in order to mail an item. Is it possible to pay using a credit card? Yes.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Before dropping off an item at the post office, double-check that it is securely closed and that the address is clearly printed on it.Additionally, you should include a return address in case the package is unable to be delivered.As soon as you are ready to ship the item, take it to the post office and have it weighed by a postal worker to determine the amount of postage that will be charged to you.
Payment must be made next, and the postage must be applied on the item in a visible area.Following application of postage, simply hand the parcel over to a postal worker, and you’re done.You should request a tracking number when you hand over the box if you want to be able to follow the progress of the shipping.Continue reading for advice on how to select the most appropriate delivery method.Did you find this overview to be helpful?
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,722,763 times.
Cheapest Way to Ship a Package in 2022?
- Important Points: When selecting the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes, speed, distance, weight, and size are all aspects to consider.
- For both domestic and international shipments, the United States Postal Service, FedEx, and UPS are all reliable shipping companies to use.
- Use a shipping rate calculator to compare costs from numerous carriers based on package size, weight, destination, and delivery speed
- this will help you find the most affordable shipping rates available.
As of 2022, eCommerce delivery standards are shifting, and the vast majority of online shoppers have come to anticipate faster, more cost-effective (or even free!) delivery alternatives.That implies that excessive shipping costs might be a major turnoff for potential purchasers, resulting in a significant loss of revenue for you in the long run.As a result, it is critical to be able to determine the most cost-effective method of transporting an item to your customers from various shipping zones inside the United States or abroad.
This will not only assist you in converting shipping-cost-sensitive customers and staying one step ahead of the competition, but it will also enhance your bottom line and assist you in maintaining a successful business.So, what is the most cost-effective method of shipping a box these days?While there is no one-size-fits-all solution that can accommodate, well, boxes of all shapes and sizes, this article will assist you in determining the aspects that influence shipping prices as well as some strategies for negotiating shipping reductions with the major couriers.
Table of Contents
01 4 Crucial Shipping Rate Factors to Consider 02 Lowest and Fastest Shipping Options 02 What to Look for When Shopping for Shipping Rates 03 Shipping Services from Major Couriers at the Lowest Prices When Shipping Discounts Are Available 05 Discover the Most Economical Method of Sending a Package with Easyship
4 Crucial Shipping Rate Factors to Consider
There is no one, universal shipping technique that is regarded the gold standard for transporting a cargo at the lowest possible cost.Keep in mind that, depending on what you’re sending, you must also consider the weight and size of the item, how fast you need your shipment to arrive at its destination, and the shipping zone or country in which you are shipping.In this section, we describe the four most important elements to consider when deciding the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes.
They are as follows: 1.Speed How quickly do you want your gift to arrive at its intended location?As instant satisfaction becomes the norm, expedited shipment will undoubtedly become more important.However, bear in mind that the shorter the delivery time, the more money you will have to spend in the long run.Which delivery option do you prefer: overnight, the following day, in two days, in three days, or are you ready to wait for seven days to get your package?There are a variety of time-sensitive delivery alternatives available from different courier firms to accommodate your selected delivery schedule.
You will, however, have to pay to play, in a sense.Overnight delivery can be up to five times more expensive than regular shipping.Priority Mail from the United States Postal Service is the most cost-effective option for shipments weighing less than 10 pounds and needing to be delivered within 2-3 days.However, when sending products weighing more than 10 pounds within the same delivery window, UPS and FedEx services provide more attractive pricing.Due to the fact that the United States Postal Service does not guarantee delivery within a two-day period, UPS 2nd Day and FedEx 2Day are the best alternatives for parcels with a strict two-day delivery deadline.
- For expedited next-day or overnight delivery, UPS Next Day Air Saver and FedEx Standard Overnight provide affordable pricing when compared to the US Postal Service (USPS).
- Geographical Distance First and foremost, evaluate the transportation zone from where your cargo is being delivered.
- Shipping companies divide the United States into eight shipping zones depending on the distance that your shipment must travel from the postal address or zip code where it is being shipped.
- The shipping charge will increase proportionally to the distance between the shipping zone and the destination address.
- When sending items to consumers in different parts of the world, the question of whether to use domestic or international shipping comes up.
- International shipping, as you may guess, is more expensive than domestic shipping because of the distance between countries.
- Because your goods is held closer to the ultimate destination, having distribution centers in multiple locations of the United States can help your company save transportation costs while also shortening delivery times for your clients.
Easyship collaborates with third-party logistics (3PL) providers and warehouses in a variety of locations across the world to help you reduce shipping distances and delays.3.Body Mass Index (BMI) When looking for the most cost-effective way to send boxes, the weight of your delivery is an important issue to consider.The weight and size of your product will have an influence on the delivery fee.When sending lightweight items weighing less than one pound or sixteen ounces, the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers the most inexpensive rates, whether they are sent by USPS First Class Mail or USPS Material Mail when shipping physical media.When shipping things weighing between 1 and 10 pounds, USPS Priority Mail is the most cost-effective alternative, while FedEx Ground/Home Delivery and UPS Ground/Home Delivery are the most cost-effective options for shipping hefty shipments inside the United States.
4.Package Measurements The size of a package has everything to do with how much room it takes up at the rear of a track, based on its overall dimensions.The cost of shipping increases according to the size of the shipment.
Different courier companies provide a variety of alternatives to assist you optimize the size of your item for transportation.One such option is to use Flat Rate Packages with the United States Postal Service.Despite the fact that this is not always the most cost-effective method of sending a package, it will assist you in keeping your shipping prices consistent.When it comes to tiny parcels, First Class Mail envelopes, flat rate envelopes, and USPS Priority Mail are the most affordable options.
Another approach is to employ cubic pricing, which is more common in the construction industry.In the United States Postal Service, cubic pricing is an unique service that offers cheaper shipping prices when mailing tiny, heavy objects weighing less than 20lbs through the USPS Priority Mail service.Here’s how to figure out how many cubic feet your shipment contains: Cubic feet = 1728 divided by the sum of the length, width, and height.When calculating the delivery cost of your shipment, dimensional pricing is also taken into consideration.If your box is too large in comparison to its weight, the dimensional weight will be utilized to calculate the delivery fee for your shipment.Given that larger packages take up more room in airplanes and other cargo vehicles than smaller packages, the higher the shipping charge will be for the larger product.
The dimensional weight of your shipment is computed by dividing the package’s dimensions by a factor known as a divisor.When the divisor is bigger, the delivery fee is less expensive.Dimensional weight is calculated as (L x W x H)/Divisor.The United States Postal Service (USPS) has the biggest dimensional weight divisor, making it the most cost-effective option to send an item depending on its dimensions weight.
Additional Factors to Consider
- Aside from the cost, there are a number of other considerations to take into consideration. It’s possible that a low-cost choice that doesn’t provide reliable tracking services, insurance, or doesn’t commit to delivery deadlines will come with a number of hassles that outweigh the low cost. Here are some other considerations to keep in mind: Insurance: Insurance offers protection for your items while they are in transit. Addition