This is exactly how you can get a human on the phone when you call 1-800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777). Talk to a real post office representative person with a few easy steps!
What is the conversation at the post office about?
What is the conversation at the post office about? Karen is going to the post office to post a parcel to Thailand. When Karen is at the post office she has a conversation with the post office clerk, who talks Karen through the procedure. Postal office clerk: Good morning, what can I do for you today?
How Do I Talk to a REAL Person at USPS 2020? 800-275-8777
Calling 1-800-ASK-USPS might be difficult, but following these steps will help you speak with a live person when you dial the number (1-800-275-8777).There are a variety of methods that have been proven to be effective in getting a live person on the phone.While many of these may no longer function, you may always give it a shot.
- I attempt to stay on top of the most recent methods for getting beyond the automated nonsense.
- Let us know in the comments how you discovered this post and figured out the most recent strategy to accomplish your goal.
- I’ll notice your remark and accept it, and I’ll update this page with the steps you took to make it work for you.
- We are a group of folks that are fighting the horrible USPS phone system and want to assist others!
Before Calling, Try USPS Social Network Support
Due to the fact that they always make it more difficult to reach a live person on the phone, you might want to try contacting them on social media.To communicate with a live customer support representative from the United States Postal Service on Twitter, go to the USPS Help Twitter website and select ″Message″ to send them your message.To speak with a live customer support representative from the United States Postal Service on Facebook, use this link: To send your message, go to the USPS Facebook page and select ″Send message.″
Most Recent (February 2020)
Get the quickest response from a real person while monitoring a shipment or conversing with a human about tracking a package.In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.
- Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.
- Surprisingly, getting through to a live person on the other end of the phone when you contact the USPS 1800 number is very simple.
- I recently mailed a parcel through the United States Postal Service, and the package got misplaced in the process.
- However, I was in possession of the tracking information, which was not functioning.
- Trying to cut a long tale short, I was unable to reach a live person on the phone who could assist me with my predicament.
- It seemed like I was hearing repeated automated messages, which were not very helpful at all.
After that, I decided to try a couple other approaches to obtain a live person on the phone because I had already wasted an hour with the automated system.Please have a look at the comments section at the bottom of this page to see what other people have attempted.It would be much appreciated if you could offer a technique that is currently functioning in the comments so that I may investigate and update this page!
Older Update on 11/22/2017
Getting a USPS human now seems to be a bit easier than past methods.
Here’s what I did today and tested it a few times, and it worked, despite the fact that it informed me all agents were busy at the time.
- Make a phone call to the number
- Please enter and confirm your zip code.
- Say no to the prompt about privacy policies.
- Wait a few seconds until the voice begins to provide possibilities
- then choose one.
- Say the word ″carrier″
That’s all there is to it!You will almost certainly have to wait on hold for a long period of time or request a callback, but for the time being, this appears to be the best option.For the record, I do not work for the United States Postal Service, and I cannot do anything to help you if the mail service puts you on wait for an unreasonable period of time or does not return your call.
- I’m only attempting to provide you with alternatives to the awful automated phone system they have in place so that you may speak with a live human.
FYI, the info below does not seem to be working anymore. But I keep it here as archived information.
Thank you to everyone who has come to our website in an attempt to speak with a live person at the United States Postal Service.Today, I tried some of my other ways, which are stated farther down on this page, and they didn’t appear to be working anymore.I get the impression that they are continually altering their system in order to make it more automated and to make it more difficult to reach a live person on the phone.
- So I tried a different approach.
- It’s a kind of brute-force attack on their computer system.
- I tried it a few times and it was successful each time I attempted it.
- Although the automated voice stated that all reps were occupied, this is a vast improvement from the horrible looping method they currently use.
- Here’s what I came up with.
- Zero-out the automatic system with a vengeance!
I dialed the phone number.After the Spanish prompt, I followed up with a string of zeros.PLEASE DO NOT USE THE 00000000000 METHOD LISTED BELOW.
- I’m sorry to those who have complained in the comments that it doesn’t work.
- I only keep that text on the page because of the high ranking it has in Google and the amount of traffic it receives.
- APPLY THE METHODOLOGY LISTED ABOVE.
- THE ZERO METHOD IS NOT THE WAY TO GO.
- IF YOU SEE A GOOGLE SNIPPET WITH THE ZERO METHOD, IT MEANS THAT GOOGLE IS NOT DISPLAYING THE CORRECT METHOD IN CORRECT ORDER.
- The fact that Google is scraping content like mine to display as their own means that I have no control over what they display in SNIPPETS.
- Call the phone number
- after the Spanish prompt, swiftly press the zero key roughly 10 times in a succession, very fast, to complete the transaction. In the following format: 0000000000
- Pay close attention to the computerized voice. The video will skip and be shut off as a result of all of the requests you submitted
- If it asks you to do an action after it has finished, press zero about 15 times in a row extremely rapidly, such as: 000000000000000
- if it asks you to perform an action after it has finished, press zero about 15 times in a row very quickly, such as: 000000000000000
- Take another listen to the computerized voice. As a result of the large number of requests, it will skip even more.
- If after it has finished, it asks you to perform a task, swiftly press the zero key roughly 20 times in a row, such as: 000000000000000000
- If it can connect you with a person, or at the very least schedule a callback for you, it should direct you to the appropriate component of the system.
I hope this has been of assistance! Even though the call-back message appears to always indicate ″approximately 40 minutes,″ it only takes a few minutes to complete the actions outlined above to arrive at that time.
USPS Phone Number
And thank you for taking the time to remark and keep me informed when these techniques cease to be effective. It appears to alter a couple of times a year, and I make every effort to keep everyone informed on this website.
UPDATE 7/6/2016: Based on a couple recent comments, looks like the USPS might have changed the phone system. I will try to figure out a new way to get a human and update this page.
This is what worked in the past:
To begin, call the United States Postal Service at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) during normal business hours.M-F 8:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m.
- ET |
- Sat 8:00 a.m.
- to 6:00 p.m.
- ET |
- Sunday and holidays – closed UPDATE 3/09/2015: Thank you, Chris, and Ace, for taking the time to remark!
- According to my understanding, the United States Postal Service has modified their automated system, and my prior approach, which is mentioned further down, no longer functions.
Here is what seemed to be working.
- Make a phone call to the number. Continue to press 0 after the Spanish prompt
- let the voice to guide you through the alternatives. Using the number 6, let the voice to guide you through the following set of selections. When you press 4, it will begin to talk about policy. Alternatively, press 2 to forgo hearing it
- you should then be in line to speak with someone.
Then Wait, Wait, Wait…
When contacting 1-800-275-8777, it may take a while before someone answers the phone.That is their responsibility, so please do not be annoyed with me if it takes more than 10 minutes to speak with someone or if you are disconnected or experience other strange behavior.I’m just trying to assist you in getting past all of the automated systems and speaking with a live person.
- Also, make sure you have your tracking information ready in case someone comes to pick up your package.
USPS Customer Service Human: 1-800-275-8777
Thank you, and please keep me updated in the comments section if any of the actions described above should be added or modified.The information provided below is outdated and will not assist you in reaching a live person when phoning the United States Postal Service.Only because this post appears to be widely accessible via Google, and I don’t want to jeopardize that accessibility.
- Following your call to the 1-800 number, a recorded message will thank you and then ask whether you would like Spanish (para Espanol).
- Do not talk or press any buttons during this time.
- After that, it will say ″Main Menu.″ At this point, press the number zero (zero).
- Then the voice will say, ″You’ve requested customer support,″ and the recording will end.
- Do not talk or press any buttons for the time being.
- Wait until the recording says, ″You have the right to say.″ At this point, press the 0 (zero) button on your phone to end the call.
You should refrain from speaking into the phone.After that, you will receive another message asking if you would want to hear the United States Postal Service’s privacy statement.Press the number 0 (zero) once more.
You should refrain from speaking into the phone.This is followed by an actual live human being being linked to you.
United States Postal Service Customer Service Phone Number
Even if you receive an automatic response informing you that all customer care personnel are now unavailable, it is preferable to wait for a live person rather than going via their automated system.Take my word for it!The following are the stages in a simplified form.
- ** Keep in mind that you should not speak into the phone and that the number 0 (zero) is the only button you should press!
- ** 1.
- Call the United States Postal Service at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1800-275-8777) 2.
- When you hear the words ″Main Menu,″ press the number zero (zero) 3.
- When you hear the words ″You can say,″ press the number zero (zero) 4.
- When you hear the words ″Would you like to hear the USPS privacy statement?″ press the number zero (zero) 5.
Communicate with a real person!Check out my free recommendations for selling online using Craigslist and getting a live person on the phone at 1-800-275-8777, which is the United States Postal Service.
What is the conversation at the post office about?
Karen is on her way to the post office in order to send a package to Thailand. After visiting the post office, Karen engages in discussion with the clerk, who guides her through the process.
Conversation at the post office
Good morning, how may I be of use to you today?Postal office clerk: Karen: Good morning, everyone.I need to get this package to Thailand as soon as possible.
- Clerk at the post office: All right, just hand me the package through the open window and we’ll check how much it weighs.
- It has a weight of three kilograms.
- You must ship it by airmail, which will take around 7 days to arrive.
- The option of utilizing international signed for is also available, according to the post office clerk.
- Karen: What exactly is it?
- Mail clerk: The same as airmail, except the recipient in Thailand must sign for the package when it is delivered to them by the postman.
Karen: Can you tell me how much that will cost?Postal office clerk: For an additional £5.15, your package is insured up to £50.Karen: It’s OK, a week by airmail is sufficient.
What will the cost of shipping the package be?£10.15 per hour for a post office clerk.Is there anything more you require?Karen: Oh, I almost forgot about it.
I need to purchase two stamp books, one for first class mail and the other for second class mail.Postal clerk: All right, that’ll be £15.35, thank you.
Lessons that might be related to this one
Sending a parcel back home from the post office while learning English People’s vocabulary may be found in post office stores on the street.
Dictionary and how to use dictionaries
To access the Online English dictionary – English lesson, please visit the following link.
Please fill out the form below if you have a question or want to share anything with us, and we will respond as soon as possible.Update on the Coronavirus |During the coronavirus pandemic, we are dedicated to assisting our clients in whatever manner we are capable of doing so.
- Despite this, we are witnessing record demand for replies to customer inquiries.
- We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible, however it may take us a bit longer than usual.
- You may use our Branch Finder to find out which of your local branches are open at any given time.
- Please bear with us throughout this process.
- We will respond to each and every consumer as promptly as possible.
- Royal Mail is a British postal service.
If your question or complaint is concerning the pickup or delivery of your mail, missing, damaged, or delayed mail, diverting your mail, tracking an item, or guidance on which services to use when mailing an item, you should contact Royal Mail on 03457 740740 or visit Royal Mail.
Travel Money Card
Inquiry about Travel Money Cards
Inquiry about Travel Insurance We’re experimenting with a few modifications to the way we respond to consumer inquiries. In the event that you would want to provide us with some comment on your experience today, please let us know.
Contact USPS Customer Service Directly and Talking With A Live Person
Last week, I had the wonderful chance to speak with a representative from the United States Postal Service since it appeared that a customer’s item was being routed to a different location.So, in order to remedy the situation, I needed to get in touch with USPS and find out precisely what was going on.If you have ever dealt with the United States Postal Care’s customer service department, you know that it is a tedious chore.
- Having spent what seemed like hours hitting button after button while dealing with USPS message prompts, I decided to contact Tech Support, who was able to provide me with a method of avoiding the USPS message prompts.
- So, if you need to call the United States Postal Service and want to speak with a live person, follow these steps.
- Call 1-800-275-8777 instead of the phone number stated on the website, instead of the one listed on the website.
- It will say ″Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service,″ blah blah blah, and will ask for a language preference.
After that, it will ask you to briefly describe why you are calling, to which you should answer with ″customer service.″ Don’t stop, since this is where they will catch you.Always mention ″customer service″ when a message invites you to answer a question in order to be transferred to their live help, otherwise you will be redirected to their automated system.However, even if they state that ″we are experiencing more volume than typical,″ they should still react with ″CUSTOMER SERVICE.″ The hard method, regrettably, was discovered after an hour of dealing with message prompts and waiting on hold before I was able to figure out how to accomplish this quickly and easily.
Please feel free to distribute:)
How to Talk to a Live Person in USPS Customer Service
- to order stamps or check order status, type ″Stamps″
- for redelivery, change of address, hours or locations, hold mail, pricing, or zip code, type ″Mail″
- for mail delivery issues, type ″Carrier″
- for everything else, type ″Other.″ – In the ″Other″ section, you’ll find the following options: Passports or press 1, Supplies 2, Technical help 3, Fraud 4, and Business 5.
Alternative method to contact USPS customer support service
Contact USPS via e-mail
- You can contact the United States Postal Service by e-mail by completing the following USPS e-mail form. The following alternatives are available for e-mail customer service: What happened to my package?
- What happened to my mail?
- Questions about USPS.com
- Questions about yourself
- problems with the postal service
- enquiries about your business
Technical support for USPS.com website and applications
- If you are experiencing difficulties with the USPS.com website or applications, you can contact USPS technical assistance at the following phone number: 1-800-344-7779. This offers assistance with: Click-N-Ship
- File a Claim
- PO Boxes
- Postal Store
- USPS Accounts
- and other services.
The hours of operation for USPS technical assistance are as follows: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. EST, and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
USPS Tracking phone number
- The tracking phone number for the United States Postal Service is 1-800-222-1811. This number might be utilized for both local and international USPS tracking purposes, depending on the situation. The following options are available by calling the USPS tracking phone number 1-800-222-1811 : Tracking is indicated by the word ″Tracking,″ redelivery is indicated by the word ″Redelivery,″ and case lookup is indicated by the word ″Case.″
USPS Free Shipping Supplies
To get in touch with the United States Postal Service for free shipping materials, call 1-800-610-8734.This number may be used to place an order for free shipping boxes, envelopes, and postal forms, as well as to report a problem with your shipping supply purchase.Customers may reach USPS free shipping supplies customer service by phone from 7 a.m.
- to 11 p.m.
- EST, Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- EST, on Saturday and Sunday.
USPS Stamps and Postal Store Orders
To get in touch with the United States Postal Service for stamps and postal shop orders, call 1-800-782-6724. (1-800-Stamp24). Customers may reach Stamps and Postal Store Orders customer service representatives by phone from 8 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Saturday.
USPS FAQs are accessible at USPS.com. You can also submit an email using the USPS tracking form.
Reach Real Person in Usps by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
When contacting customer care, make sure you’ve tried a variety of different methods.If a live customer support professional is not accessible over the phone, live chat can be used as a substitute.Direct messaging the United States Postal Service’s Facebook or Twitter accounts on a regular basis may result in a speedy response from a customer service professional.
- Whether you want to make a complaint or provide favorable feedback, you may do so by commenting on an Instagram or YouTube post, and in many situations, the business will reply to your comment or complaint.
- All of the United States Postal Service customer service phone numbers and email addresses are listed here for your convenience.
What to do if Usps Contact Number Is Not Working?
Changing customer service menu selections over time is normal practice in the industry.It is possible that customer support options and even contact numbers will be withdrawn and re-instated.If you have any difficulties contacting a real person at USPS customer care using the methods above, please let us know in the comments area below and we will make adjustments to the tutorial as necessary.
- We are continually checking the customer service contact numbers, e-mail addresses, and live chat sessions to ensure that the directions on How to Talk to a Live Person in USPS Customer Service are as accurate as possible.
- If you were successful in reaching a live customer care person at the United States Postal Service, please post your instructions in the comments area below so that everyone may benefit from them.
- on the 26th of January, 2022 in Courier
Find the most convenient method to contact and interact with the United States Postal Service®.Right from your computer, you may complete a brief form or receive recommendations on how to resolve some of the most prevalent problems.If you still want assistance, please read the contact information provided below for technical support, postal store orders, and other services.
- Fill out our online form to provide us with some information about your problem.
- Please supply as much information as you are able.
- Find the nearest USPS location by entering the city and state or ZIP CodeTM in the search box.
- Learn about the company’s contact information, hours of operation, and more.
- Federal holidays are observed by the closure of postal facilities.
- See a complete list of all upcoming USPS holidays and events by clicking here.
Connect with one of our customer service specialists to assist you in resolving your issue and getting back on the road to recovery.USPS® Customer Service can be reached by email or by phone at 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777) Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.
to 8:30 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) – TTY are provided by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
Accessibility for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or have speech difficulties can communicate with the United States Postal Service through the FCC’s TRS program, which is as follows: TTY calls can be placed by calling 7-1-1 or the number for your state’s telecommunications relay service (TRS).
- Visit the FCC’s TRS by State and Territory website for further information.
- To get started, find your state or territory in the alphabetical table.
- Locate the section titled ″TRS Telephone Numbers″ to obtain the precise number you want.
- More information, as well as a complete list of services, may be found at FCC Telecommunications Relay Services. Whenever a website application or form fails to function properly, the Technical Support staff may assist with the problem. You can reach us by phone if you are having difficulties with any of the following: Click-N-Ship®, File a Claim, PO Boxes, The Postal Store®, and USPS accounts are all available.
1-800-344-7779 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.to 8:30 p.m.
- Eastern Time Saturday 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- Eastern Time Support for Informed Delivery If you require assistance with your Informed Delivery service, please contact Informed Delivery User Support through email.
- Use any search box on USPS.com to look up the most current status of your packages.
- Enter your tracking number in any search box on USPS.com to look up your packages.
- It is important to note that the tracking information provided to customer support professionals is the same information that can be found on USPS Tracking®.
In the event that you have another issue with your package and would want to talk with a representative, please contact us.1-800-222-1811 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.
to 8:30 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time See the following sites if you need assistance with stamps or other US Postal Service items : 1-844-737-7826 If you have any queries concerning stamps or orders done via The Postal Store®, please call them.
Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.to 8 p.m.
Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time Sundays and federal holidays are off-limits.
1-800-610-8734 For free shipping boxes, envelopes, and postal forms, or to report a problem with your shipping supplies order, give us a call.Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.7 a.m.to 11 p.m.
Eastern Time Saturday 7 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time
USPS Number: How do I talk to a real person at USPS?
The United States Postal Service Number (USPS Number) will be discussed in this article.If you need to speak with a representative from the United States Postal Service but do not have a USPS contact number or do not know how to communicate with someone at the USPS or how to speak with a real person from the USPS.As a result, this article will assist you in communicating with a real person at the USPS.
- More information may be found at: TJ Maxx Customer Service is available 24/7.
How do I talk to a USPS representative?
The following are the steps to take if you want to contact the USPS (United States Postal Service) department or speak with a live person from the USPS:
- Dial 1-800-222-1811. Toll-free numbers: 1-800-275-8777 or 1-800-ASK-USPS (if the above number does not work).
- Whenever you hear an automated voice, you should respond with the word ″Agent.″
- To advance, you must say ″Yes.″
- In the event that you call during business hours, you will be connected to a live representative. Otherwise, you’ll hear a message about USPS customer service hours and be taken back to the main menu. The United States Postal Service is open from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Saturday.
- Visit the following sites as well: Gap Package for logging in with a credit card: To search down or contact someone about a misplaced shipment, say ‘package’. Stamps: To order stamps, simply pronounce the word’stamps.’ Carrier: If you have any questions or concerns about transportation, simply mention ‘carrier.’ Change of address, location, or any other enquiries pertaining to mail or delivery are handled through the use of the word ″mail.″ Press 1 for queries regarding passports
- press 2 for questions about supplies
- press 3 for technical help
- press 4 for questions concerning fraud
- press 5 for questions about business
- and press 1 for any other questions.
Customer Care USPS Number
- The first customer service number is as follows: Toll-free number: (800) 522-9085 You may get help from the USPS Help Twitter page
- you can also get help from the USPS Facebook page
- the following customer support is provided through the USPS email
- Where has my mail gone?
- Business enquiries
- Personnel questions
- USPS.com questions
- Postal facility problems
- Where has my package gone?
- Where has my package gone?
Where has my mail gone? ; Business enquiries; Personnel questions; USPS.com questions; Postal facility problems; Where has my package gone? ; Where has my mail gone?
US Postal Service Phone Number
Waiting time is now 47 minutes (20m avg) EST hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-8:30pm, and Saturday, 8am-6pm; the ideal time to call is at 8:05 a.m.Get advice that is tailored to your needs: Inform us of the problem so that we can route you to the appropriate representative, provide necessary recommendations, reminders, and follow-up!Get in touch with a real person as soon as possible: For the purpose of monitoring a package or conversing with a live person about tracking a package.
- In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.
- If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.
- Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.
Reasons customers like you called recently
It is possible that the package will be misplaced.This morning, according to the package tracking service, the package was delivered to my mailbox at.Priority Mail was never used to deliver the package.
- When I look up the tracking number, it says ″I.can’t find this item **********************″ every time.
- Despite the fact that my product was dispatched in March, every time I check the tracking number, it claims it is departing Los Angeles.
- Originally, the package was meant to be delivered many weeks ago.
- It’s been more than a week since I last heard anything.
- A certain bill from Ford Credit that I receive is being returned to the sender on a consistent basis.
- Several shipments have not been delivered to me.
In the process of determining why my shipment has not been delivered.It was already running behind schedule.I received an email from the United States Postal Service stating that they had picked up a box from my doorstep.
They did not do so.It indicates that a package has been delivered.I have not got anything.″Was″ was the only piece of information provided.
It is not possible to deliver the package.The Nike sneakers that I’ve purchased three times now have all come apart in the same place on the bottom.MY POSTAL MONEY ORDER HAS BEEN STEALTHED AND CASHED OUT The delivery of a shipment that contains sensitive materials is delayed.
I’d want to know where it is and when it is.See some of the most recent reasons people have called.Please assist me with my problem.
Our Editor’s Notes on US Postal Service’s Phone-Based Customer Care
In the United States, the United States Postal Service, usually known as the USPS, is a government organization that is in charge of mail and package delivery throughout the country. As you might imagine from a company with this much responsibility, a high volume of customer support calls is received.
Why Do People Call the US Postal Service for Customer Support?
- People contact the United States Postal Service for a variety of reasons, including: questions about postal rates
- questions about delivery status
- and questions about delivery status.
- If you have any questions concerning mailing limitations on certain products or parcels with significant dimensions, please contact us.
- Questions concerning problems with postal delivery
- Making a formal complaint regarding postal service
- Inquiring about the anticipated delivery time frame
- Requesting that an inquiry be conducted into the disappearance of a parcel or letter
- Making a claim with an insurance company
- If you have any questions concerning post office services such as money orders or passport applications, please contact us.
- Support for web-based services in terms of technology
- Customs-related questions and concerns
- Questions regarding the accounting of a firm
- Placing an order for postage stamps, postal supplies, and packing materials
Best Practices for Calling the US Postal Service
The United States Postal Service maintains a number of different phone lines for customer service concerns, including distinct lines for buying supplies, seeking technical help, general customer care, mail tracking, and TTY calls for the deaf and hard of hearing, among other things.Callers will be routed to an automated voice menu when they make a phone call to the company.In order to speak with an agent, keep pressing the number zero or responding with the word ″agent″ in answer to an inquiry.
- Note: If you suspect that your problem is largely with your local post office, you can check out the office’s phone number on the USPS.com website and call the office directly to discuss your concerns.
- The use of this strategy can be particularly beneficial if you are aware that the location contains a piece of mail that you are attempting to retrieve.
How do Callers Feel About Their Interactions with USPS Customer Service?
It appears that customers of the United States Postal Care have a diverse range of opinions on the quality of phone-based customer service that they have received. Many customers have complained that wait times can be quite long and that customer care professionals do not always have access to the kinds of information that can assist them in getting a resolution to their concerns resolved.
What Issues can the US Postal Service Customer Support Resolve by Phone?
- Many customer service concerns can be resolved or assisted by phone with the US Postal Service, including: tracking parcels or asking an investigation into a missing package
- seeking an investigation into a missing package
- and requesting an investigation into a missing package.
- Assisting with the suspension of service at a certain place
- Make a formal complaint about poor service from a mail carrier or a courier service.
What Can’t Be Resolved by Phone With the US Postal Service?
It is not always possible to address concerns with the post office over the telephone. It is common for these concerns to entail the purchase of postal items, such as money orders, that must be paid for in person. Occasionally, postal customers may have delivery difficulties that necessitate the personal pickup of their packages at their local post office.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With My Call to the US Postal Service?
If you come to the end of your phone discussion with the United States Postal Service’s phone-based customer assistance and feel as though you haven’t done anything, don’t be concerned.Getting your concerns addressed and difficulties fixed is still a possibility for you if you choose to pursue it.First, go through the notes you took during the phone conversation.
- Write down what you recall about your phone call if you did not take notes during it.
- When you get back in touch with USPS customer care, having this information in front of you may be quite beneficial in keeping your conversation on topic.
- Second, return the phone call to USPS.
- It’s possible that the next individual you talk with has more experience or has received greater training than the representative who answered your first phone contact.
- If your second phone conversation does not go as planned, you might try contacting USPS using the email options on their website.
- Although it may take some time to obtain a response, users have reported that they typically do receive a response from a customer support professional at some point.
Another alternative is to communicate with the post office through its social media channels.Another alternative is to go to a nearby post office and chat with someone who works there instead.Some difficulties may need a face-to-face encounter with an employee before they can be handled completely.
As a reminder, while the Postal Service does have an Inspector General, you should only contact this office if you believe that there has been a severe breach of Postal Service policy or regulations controlling the delivery of mail.These concerns might include the theft of mail by a postal employee or the misbehavior of a postal employee, among other things.
Customer Number 800-275-8777 – by the Numbers
800-275-8777 is the phone number to call.There is a call-back service available.YES, your call will be answered by a real person.
- YES, the department you’re phoning is correct.
- Customer Service is important to us.
- Hours of operation for the call center Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- EST The best time to call is 8:05 a.m.
Find your way through the phone maze to a person.For the purpose of monitoring a package or conversing with a live person about tracking a package.In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.
If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.Waiting time is average.Currently, there is a wait 47th place in the rankings (among phone numbers) Methods with a higher rank (in general)1Alternate methods Phone, Facebook, email, online, and Twitter are all options.
Quality of communication (52 percent) Quality of assistance (52 percent) 55 percent of the population 46,236 votes from customers Sun, Mar 13, 2022 09:00:00 GMT+0000 The most recent update was made (Coordinated Universal Time)
US Postal Service’s Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is the best phone number for the United States Postal Service, as well as the current wait time on hold in real time, as well as methods for jumping straight through those phone lines to speak with a US Postal Service representative.This phone number has been designated as the Best Phone Number for the United States Postal Service because 379,728 consumers, like you, have used this contact information during the previous 18 months and provided feedback.Customer service difficulties such as tracking a package, locating a missing package, experiencing a delivery difficulty, changing an address, requesting a refund, and other customer service issues are frequently addressed by the customer care team that handles calls at 800-275-8777.
- According to consumers, the US Postal Service contact center that you call into has staff from Michigan and California and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m.
- and Saturday from 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- The United States Postal Service has a total of six phone numbers.
Due to the fact that it is not always apparent how to communicate with US Postal Service staff, we began accumulating this information based on ideas from the consumer community.Please continue to share your thoughts and experiences so that we can continue to enhance this free service.
Contacting US Postal Service – by phone or otherwise
While the best toll-free number to reach the US Postal Service is 800-275-8777, there are a total of 11 ways to get in touch with them.Based on feedback from previous US Postal Service customers, dialing their 800-610-8734 phone number for their Non-Postal Individuals department is the second most effective method of getting in touch with their customer care service.Customers seeking assistance by phone are encouraged to call 800-610-8734 for Non-Postal Individuals, which is the second most popular option.
- If you believe this information is incorrect or if you are aware of another method of contacting the United States Postal Service, please let us know so that we can pass this information on to other consumers.
- And if you want to compare all of the contact information we’ve gathered for the United States Postal Service, you can do so by clicking here.
What is GetHuman’s Relationship to US Postal Service?
In a nutshell, the two businesses are not affiliated.GetHuman creates free tools that distributes information among clients of businesses such as the United States Postal Service.The GetHuman Phone, which allows you to contact a firm without having to wait on the phone while listening to their call technology music, is an example of such a product for major corporations.
- It is our hope that these shortcuts and applications can assist consumers like you (and ourselves!) in navigating the cluttered phone menus, long hold times, and uncertainty that often accompany customer service, particularly with larger organizations.
- And as long as you continue to spread the word about it among your friends and family, we will continue to do so.
US Postal Service Contact Info
GetHuman researchers received the following information from the millions of consumers that use GetHuman: Contact information for the United States Postal Service Phone Number for the United States Postal Service BESTUS Postal Service is a mail delivery service in the United States.Email Support is available.The United States Postal Service Help Desk is a service that provides assistance to customers.
- The United States Postal Service is on Twitter.
- The United States Postal Service is on Facebook and Messenger.
- Information about the consumer in general
More Company Phone Numbers
Paying Your Telecom Too Much?
We developed a free, unbiased concierge service that you can chat with right now and who can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet prices available in your neighborhood.Are you currently taking advantage of the finest possible deal?Call right now and speak with a real, live person who can inform you about the promotions that are now available to you.
- Now is the time to speak with us: 888-379-2546 Because our concierge is not linked with any one company, he or she is able to compare offers from a variety of sources.
How do I speak to a Real Person at USPS?
For instant assistance with your questions, you can call the 1 (800) 275-8777 phone number to talk with a live representative from the United States Postal Service (USPS) Customer Service Department.
Ways to Get in touch with USPS Customer Service:
There are a variety of options available to consumers through the United States Postal Service, which are detailed below.
- You can call the USPS customer service phone number and speak with a live person, or you can use the interactive voice response (IVR) alternatives listed below: Phone: 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)
- Fax: 1-800-ASK-USPS
- As soon as you get through the IVR, say ″Live Agents,″ and when you want to be sure, say ″Yes.″
- If you call between 8 a.m. and 8.30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, your call will be immediately linked to the support staff
- And if you are calling on a Saturday or Sunday, you can arrange a call back from USPS by going through the Sub Menu options shown below. To monitor a shipment, or to report a lost or damaged item, use ″package.″
- To order stamps, say ″stamps″ out loud.
- When dealing with delivery concerns, use the term ″carrier.″
- To alter your address, find out about USPS hours and locations, redeliver mail, find out about pricing, or to ask for a zip code, simply say ″mail.″
- For any other enquiries, use the pronoun ″other.″
You may reach out to us by email or by visiting for assistance with technical and general questions and concerns.
USPS Customer Service Support Numbers:
- So that’s how you may get in touch with a live person at USPS customer care by phone. For USPS Customer Service, call (800) 275-8777
- for Technical Support, call (800) 344-7779
- for Sales, call (800) 610-8734
- for Delivery Tracking, call (800) 222-1811
- for TTY access for the deaf and hard of hearing, call (800) 877-8339, 1-866-377-8642
- for Spanish Language, call (800) 845-6136
- for TTY access for the deaf and hard of hearing
For tracking information from the United States Postal Service, go to:
Is USPS customer service 24 hours?
Only the Self-Service option is accessible around the clock; otherwise, the USPSC is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
How do I contact USPS about a missing package?
Call 1-800-275-8777 (1-800-ASK-USPS) and ask for the phone number of your local post office in order to file a Missing Mail inquiry with the Postal Service.
Dialing Up Customer Service at USPS
Customer service is critical for every company’s survival.The brand’s image is improved, customers remain loyal, and valuable insights about the customer experience are gained as a result.When a big firm had customer care operations, hundreds of service agents would be assigned to answer inquiries ranging from routine issues to more complicated ones.
- As a result of technological advancements, automated systems can now handle typical customer service enquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week without the need for an employee.
- An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system is used by the United States Postal Service to answer calls to its 1-800-ASK-USPS customer service line.
- The system automatically answers calls and handles routine issues such as package tracking, finding post office locations and hours, and submitting hold mail requests.
- Customers will be able to find answers for some difficulties without being placed on hold or sent to agents for more sophisticated situations.
- In Fiscal Year 2020, the Postal Service’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will handle 90 million calls!
- This white paper, 1-800-ASK-USPS: The Postal Service’s Interactive Voice Response System, investigates the performance of the Postal Service’s IVR system in dealing with customer enquiries and provides recommendations for improvement.
The containment rate (the percentage of calls that are not passed to agents) and customer satisfaction (the percentage of calls that are not sent to agents) were both shown to have improved over time.Despite this, there is still potential for development.In a poll of IVR users who stayed on the line at the conclusion of the call to complete the survey, a quarter expressed extreme dissatisfaction with their IVR experience, which may be worth further investigation.
Additionally, we discovered that the Postal Service was counting all calls that were not passed to an agent as contained.When someone calls and then hangs up in frustration before obtaining the information they were looking for, the call will still be considered resolved by the IVR system, according to the example above.We advised that the Postal Service trace abandoned calls and track confined calls with more accuracy in the future.Customer irritation points with the IVR system might be identified more precisely as a result of this.
Have you contacted 1-800-ASK-USPS in the last several months?What was your takeaway from the experience?
When you contact us about a mail service problem, your query is logged at the Commission and may be referred to the United States Postal Service for further investigation and resolution.The Postal Service will next investigate your complaint and respond to you immediately with their findings within 45 days of receiving your complaint.The Commission will be provided with a copy of the Postal Service’s answer so that we can ensure that the matter was properly addressed.
SEEKING HELP FOR A LOCAL POSTAL PROBLEM
APPEALING A POST OFFICE CLOSURE
Postal consumers may file an appeal against the closure of their post office or the merging of their post office with another post office by requesting the Commission to examine the Postal Service’s decision.Appeals may only be filed after the Postal Service has made a final determination on the matter.Notably, it is not the Commission’s responsibility to determine whether a facility will be closed or combined.
- The objective of the Commission is to assess whether the Postal Service’s closure or consolidation is in accordance with legislative requirements and if the Postal Service has followed all appropriate processes in the process.
- In order to help the Commission in its evaluation of an appeal, customers of an impacted post office may submit a written statement indicating why they feel the Postal Service has failed to comply with the law or has failed to follow correct processes.
- According to the statute, appeals must be filed within 30 days of the Postal Service notifying the affected community of its final conclusion.
- The appeal must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the Postal Service has notified the Commission of its decision if it is forwarded to the Commission through the postal service.
- In addition, all additional appeals, including those made through the Commission’s Online Filing System, must be received by the Commission within 30 days following the Postal Service’s notification of its decision.
- The procedure for filing an appeal against a Post Office closure may be found here.
FILING A COMPLAINT
Petitioning the Commission to examine the Postal Service’s determination, postal customers can challenge the closure of a local post office or its amalgamation with another post office.It is only after the Postal Service has made a final decision that an appeal can be filed with the agency.It is not the Commission’s responsibility to decide whether or not a facility will be closed or merged.
- A key function of the Commission is to examine whether the Postal Service’s closure or consolidation is in accordance with legislative requirements and if the Postal Service has followed all appropriate processes in the process.
- In order to help the Commission in its evaluation of an appeal, customers of an impacted post office may submit a written statement indicating why they feel that the Postal Service has failed to comply with the law or has failed to follow necessary processes.
- According to the statute, appeals must be filed within 30 days of the Postal Service notifying the affected community of its final decision.
- The appeal must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the Postal Service has notified the Commission of its decision if it is forwarded to the Commission via the postal service.
- In addition, all additional appeals, including those filed using the Commission’s Online Filing System, must be received by the Commission within 30 days following the Postal Service’s notification of its findings.
- These are the procedures to be followed in the event of a Post Office closure appeal.
LOCATING A PUBLIC REPRESENTATIVE
To represent the interests of the general public in each case it initiates, the Office of the General Counsel designates a staff member who acts independently of the Commission and represents the interests of that case’s parties.This individual is referred to as the Public Representative (PR).the general public as a whole, and, in particular, those groups or parts of the community that do not have or cannot reasonably get representation, are represented by the PR The PR is able to give weight to a variety of perspectives, some of which are discordant with one another, and can contribute to the Commission’s record by providing information regarding the impact of a specific decision on the broader public.
- To get a list of all PRs that have been assigned to current cases, please see the section below.