Friday,January 1,2021 — New Year’s Day
What days are post office closed?
The post office will be closed across the nation on Friday 31 December and Saturday 1 January. New Year’s Day is always a postal holiday. While post offices will be closed on the 31st, the mail
What holidays does the post office close?
Here is everything you need to know whether the post office, mail delivery, FedEx and UPS are open or closed on the holiday. Is there mail delivery on Christmas Day 2021? Does the mail run on Christmas? There will be no mail delivered on Christmas Day.
What time does the post office open and close?
What are Post Offices opening times? The opening hours of US Postal Service offices vary wildly depending on where you live. Most locations open at 8am or 8.30am, but some close at 10am, others at 12.30pm and some branches shut at 4pm Monday to Friday.
Is The Post Office Open Today?
- Due to the fact that today is not a postal holiday, post offices will be operating during regular weekday hours.
- Wishing you a successful mailing!
- There are few things more annoying than arriving to the post office only to discover that the doors have been locked from the inside.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) takes the delivery of mail very seriously, and there aren’t many situations that can lead them to shut its operations.They do, however, observe a few federal holidays throughout the year, during which time mail is not delivered and the local post office is closed to the public.Fortunately, if you merely need to check your PO Box, most locations provide access to them at any time of day or night, even when the postal counter may be closed.In case you’re wondering whether or not post offices are open today, just take a peek at the notice below!
Is The Post Office Open Tomorrow?
- Due to the fact that tomorrow is not a postal holiday, post offices will be operating during their regular weekday hours.
- Wishing you a successful mailing!
- Perhaps you’re out shopping today for that one perfect present that has to go in the mail as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may simply want stamps in order to mail a few correspondences.Hopefully, there isn’t a postal holiday tomorrow!Although the postal service only closes for a few days each year, it is a good idea to double-check the post office hours to ensure that they will be open the next day before making the journey.So, will the post office be open on Monday?See the solution in the section below!
2022 Post Office Holidays/Events
- Maybe you’re thinking, ″When does the post office close?″ or something similar.
- Each year, the United States Postal Service observes a number of holidays, during which time the postal service and post office facilities are normally closed.
- It is possible that a holiday will fall on a Sunday in some situations.
- Due to the fact that the post office is already closed on Sundays, the holiday is normally commemorated on the Monday after.
They will just keep all mail for the duration of the holiday and deliver it all the following day on the job.Any inquiries concerning the postal schedule or holidays can be answered by contacting your local postmaster or calling 1-800-ASK-USPS.On days when the post office is closed, you may purchase stamps at a variety of local businesses such as Wal-Mart and others if you really must have them.On usps.com, you may also purchase a broad variety of things, including stamps.The holiday schedule for the entire year 2022 is shown in the chart below.
2022 USPS Holidays
|New Year’s Day||Friday, December 31|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 17|
|Presidents’ Day / Washington’s Birthday||Monday, February 21|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30|
|Juneteenth National Independence Day||Monday, June 20|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5|
|Columbus Day||Monday, October 10|
|Veterans Day||Friday, November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 24|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 26|
- Other holidays such as Good Friday, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve are also observed by some individuals, and they wonder if post offices are closed on those days as well.
- Despite popular belief, the United States Postal Service is not closed on those days, and its operating hours are generally unchanged on non-holiday days, although some facilities may choose to close early on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve to accommodate customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are post office hours affected by COVID-19?
- The Coronavirus pandemic has not had an impact on local post office hours in the vast majority of cases.
- Local establishments must adhere to their own set of rules on the wearing of masks and the practice of social distance.
- In other cities, such as New York, municipal regulations may have required the post office to lock its doors to the general public for a period of time.
- However, for the most part, the post office has stayed open since it is regarded to be a vital function in most communities.
How can I find a post office near me?
- The United States Postal Service maintains a presence in almost every town in the country, so there is likely to be a station near you.
- The question is, how do you find out where your nearest post office is located?
- To find the nearest post office, simply use our easy post office locator to get the address.
In addition to the address, you’ll find a map, phone numbers, and information on the services available at the site.You will learn everything there is to know about your neighborhood post office!
USPS Holidays 2022: Is the Post Office Open?
- Photographs courtesy of Getty Images The language of instruction is Spanish. Presidents Day is one of eleven official holidays observed by the United States Postal Service each year. Post offices will be closed on Monday, February 21, and the United States Postal Service will not deliver ordinary mail or parcels during this period. The following are the Postal Service holidays for the year 2022: Christmas Day is on Monday, December 25
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day is on Monday, January 17
- Presidents Day is on Monday, February 21
- Memorial Day is on Monday, May 30
- Juneteenth National Independence Day is on Monday, June 20 (because June 19, the date of the newest federal holiday, falls on a Sunday)
- Labor Day is on Monday, September 5
- Columbus Day is on Monday, October 10
- Veterans Day is on Thursday, November 24
- Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 24
- Christmas is on Monday, December
- While brick-and-mortar post offices are closed on holidays, some post office services are available online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Customers who register for a USPS.com account can purchase stamps as well as print mailing labels, order boxes and other postal materials, and schedule package pickups.
- Stamps may also be purchased in most large supermarkets, pharmacies, and office supply stores, all of which are open on federal holidays and several other days of the week.
FedEx and UPS holidays
- On holidays, some post office services are not available in person but can be accessed online at any time of day or night.
- Purchase stamps, create mailing labels, order boxes and other postal supplies online, and schedule package pickups using your USPS.com login credentials.
- The majority of large supermarkets, pharmacies, and office supply businesses sell stamps, and most are open on federal holidays.
- Stamps may also be purchased online.
Is the post office open today?
YES! The post office is open today.
- The post office in your neighborhood will be operating today, Monday, March 7, 2022. There is no federal holiday or weekend in effect at this time. Please go to the official USPS locator page on the USPS website to determine the particular operation hours of your local USPS location. On its Newsroom website, the United States Postal Service (USPS) also posts information regarding the status of local post offices. Here are a few shipping specials: By choosing services such as Sendle, which has no peak fees, you may avoid paying holiday surcharges. You can even get $10 in credit after delivering two goods with Shippo. Shippo will provide you with six months of free Pro Plan if you use the coupon code JUSTSHIPIT. Make use of the promotional coupon PRO6PE.
- The official holidays observed by the United States Postal Service are listed below.
- If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is customary to observe it on the following Monday.
- Similarly, if the holiday occurs on a Saturday, the holiday is honored on that particular Saturday.
- The holidays that are observed are shown in the tables below.
On the Office of Personnel Management’s website, you may also find an official summary of federal holidays, as well as references to specific holidays for the United States Postal Service in the USPS Employee and Labor Relations Manual.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) publishes recommended shipping dates to guarantee that your shipment reaches its intended recipient on time.
- You may look at the service alerts to get a sense of when items need to be shipped by throughout the holiday season.
- Shipping deadlines for Christmas and holiday deliveries are specified here by the United States Postal Service.
- Make careful to send your things out before the suggested send-by dates are reached.
The holidays for this year and next year are shown in the table below.On the dates stated above, the post office will be closed and mail will not be delivered.
|Friday||December 31, 2021||New Year’s Day|
|Monday||January 17, 2022||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday||February 21, 2022||Presidents Day|
|Monday||May 30, 2022||Memorial Day|
|Monday||June 20, 2022||Juneteenth|
|Monday||July 4, 2022||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 5, 2022||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 10, 2022||Columbus Day|
|Friday||November 11, 2022||Veterans Day|
|Thursday||November 24, 2022||Thanksgiving Day|
|Monday||December 26, 2022||Christmas Day|
USPS Holidays in 2023
|Monday||January 2, 2023||New Year’s Day|
|Monday||January 16, 2023||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday||February 20, 2023||Presidents Day|
|Monday||May 29, 2023||Memorial Day|
|Monday||June 19, 2023||Juneteenth|
|Tuesday||July 4, 2023||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 4, 2023||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 9, 2023||Columbus Day|
|Saturday||November 11, 2023||Veterans Day|
|Thursday||November 23, 2023||Thanksgiving Day|
|Monday||December 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
Is the Post Office Open on Good Friday?
- The post office will be open on Good Friday, which is a good thing.
- Mail will be delivered on the same day as well.
- The date of Easter can occur anywhere between March 22 and April 25, therefore there are no postal holidays in March or April during this time period.
- Good Friday is not a federal holiday (though it may be a state holiday in some areas), thus the hours of your local post office and mail delivery will not be affected.
UPS and FedEx, on the other hand, may celebrate that holiday.The UPS Holiday Schedule for the United States can be found here, while the FedEx Holiday Schedule can be found here.
Is mail delivered on flag day?
- If you live in the United States, your mail will be delivered on Flag Day, which is June 14.
- Because it is not a national holiday, mail will be delivered unless June 14th falls on a Sunday, when the United States Postal Service does not ordinarily deliver mail.
- POW-MIA flags must be flown underneath the United States flag on Flag Day, which is one of six days each year when Postal Service facilities are required to display the POW-MIA flag.
- The sacrifices made by members of the armed services who were detained as prisoners of war or who were recorded as missing in action are commemorated by the flag.
Post office hours
- If it is not a Sunday or a federal holiday, there is a strong chance that the post office will be open for business.
- Saturdays, on the other hand, are a day off for certain post offices.
- The link below will take you to a page where you may find the daily operation hours of your local post office.
- Enter your city and state, or your Zip code, and then click on the ″Search″ button to find what you’re looking for.
You’ll be supplied with information on the locations of neighboring post offices, as well as their shopping hours, as shown in the screenshot below.
2022 Post Office Holidays
- The following is a list of the post office holidays for the year 2022.
- It is important to note that mail will not be delivered or sent on certain days, so prepare accordingly.
- It is critical that you pay great attention to the information provided below since many of the days on which you may expect the United States Postal Service to be closed or open are not always as you might anticipate.
- Please feel free to make use of our 2022 United States Postal Service holiday quick reference guide or the calendars located at the bottom of this page.
Having your parcel delivered by the mailman only to discover that the post office is closed is the last thing you want to happen.
|Jan 01||New Year’s Day||Saturday||Closed|
|Jan 17||Martin Luther King Day||Monday||Closed|
|Feb 21||Presidents’ Day||Monday||Closed|
|Apr 15||Good Friday||Friday||Regular Hours|
|May 30||Memorial Day||Monday||Closed|
|Jul 04||Independence Day||Monday||Closed|
|Sep 05||Labor Day||Monday||Closed|
|Oct 10||Columbus Day||Monday||Closed|
|Nov 11||Veteran’s Day||Friday||Closed|
|Dec 24||Christmas Eve||Saturday||Open(Some locations may choose to close early)|
|Dec 25||Christmas Day||Sunday||Closed|
|Dec 31||New Year’s Eve||Saturday||Open(Some locations may choose to close early)|
The Post Office will be closed on Tuesday, April 14th, and Wednesday, April 15th in commemoration of Labor Day, and will reopen on Thursday, April 16th for regular business hours.
2022 USPS Holiday Calendars
The calendars below list the United States Postal Service holidays that you need to know for the year 2021. The post office will be closed on the days that are shown in red on the calendar below.
Is The Post Office Open on New Year’s Day 2022?
- It’s the first of January in the year 2022, and you’re ready to get the new year started in style.
- You intend to do a large number of tasks in order to get off to a strong start.
- Let’s say you want to resell some of your old clothing and you’ve wrapped them up to send them to Thred Up.
- You’ve also completed the packaging of the return item you’ve been meaning to send back.
Not to mention that you finished up those Christmas cards that you hadn’t gotten around to sending out a week earlier.You’re ready to go.But, hold on a second, will the post office be open on New Year’s Day in 2022?
Pop Quiz: What Are The First and Last Holidays of the Year?
- What is the first official holiday of the new calendar year?
- Of course, the first day of the year.
- Because it is January 1st, no other holiday could possibly fall on that day.
- What is the last day of the year’s vacation?
Well, because December 31st happens to be the last day of the year, it must be New Year’s Eve, right?Wrong.It is, in fact, Christmas Day today.Why?Because New Year’s Eve is not a holiday, or at the very least not an official holiday in the United States.
- If you look at a list of federal holidays, you’ll see that there are 11 of them, with the eleventh being Christmas Day.
- As a result, New Year’s Eve is not a federal holiday, and the post office is open on New Year’s Eve as well.
- New Year’s Day, on the other hand, is a holiday.
- Is the post office open on New Year’s Day, as you might expect?
Is The Post Office Open on New Year’s Day?
- New Year’s Day is recognized as the first official federal holiday of the year by the United States Postal Service.
- As a result, the post office will be closed on New Year’s Day.
- Because New Year’s Day falls on a Saturday, many post offices would be closed or only open for a restricted number of hours on that day.
- However, due to the fact that it is a holiday, they will all be closed for the whole day.
As a result, you’ll have to put off mailing those products until later.
When Does The Post Office Re-open After New Year’s?
Normally, the post office re-opens on the 2nd of January for business as usual. This year, though, the second of January occurs on a Sunday. Sundays are the only days that post offices are closed. So, you’ll have to wait until Monday, January 3, 2022 to send out your first letters and shipments of the new year, according to the calendar.
Is There Mail Delivery on New Year’s Day?
- On Saturdays, post offices may or may not be open, depending on the location.
- Saturday mail delivery, on the other hand, is always available.
- So, what occurs on the first of the year?
- Post offices, as well as their associated services, are closed.
As a result, you will not get mail delivery on New Year’s Day, January 1.On the 3rd of January, you will receive the first piece of mail of the new year.
When Is The Next Holiday After New Year’s?
- When you consider that there are 11 federal holidays in a year, you would anticipate to have fewer than one holiday every month.
- The next holiday, on the other hand, is approaching rapidly.
- It’s Martin Luther King Jr.
- Day, which will be observed on Monday, January 17, 2022, in the United States.
Because it is a federal holiday, the post office is closed, as is the case on all federal holidays.Keep this in mind when you make your plans for errands and activities for the month of January.
- Is the Post Office open on Saturdays and Sundays?
- What are the federal holiday schedules? Where can I get postage stamps after business hours?
- Our blog pieces are well-liked by our readers, and if you want to try your hand at blogging, we have excellent news for you: you can do it right here on Saving Advice.
- To get started, simply click on this link.
- Take a look at these useful resources to assist you in saving more money.
- The Motley Fool is a great resource for investment advice.
Kathryn Vercillo is a professional writer who enjoys maintaining a healthy work-life balance.She recognizes the need of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.She appreciates the sense of balance in her relationships, and she has worked hard to learn how to balance her money in order to live a more balanced life in general.Despite the fact that she is only partially blonde, she is always attempting to achieve entire equilibrium.She is delighted to share everything she has learnt with you and to learn much more with you as the journey continues.
So, Is the Post Office Open on Memorial Day 2022?
- In the United States, Memorial Day is celebrated on May 30, and for some, it marks the unofficial start of summer.
- Memorial Day activities, such as watching patriotic movies and eating summer desserts, are typically reserved for the three-day weekend that occurs at the end of every May to remember and honor the fallen heroes of our country who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
- However, this year’s Memorial Day weekend will be a little different.
- As a result, Memorial Day is officially recognized as a federal holiday on May 28.
In spite of the fact that many businesses are open on Memorial Day, if you need to mail a box, you may be left wondering if the post office is open or closed on this day of remembrance.
Is the post office open on Memorial Day 2022?
- If you’re looking forward to receiving a certain piece of mail on Monday, May 30, you may be disappointed since the United States Postal Service, along with banks, the stock market, and credit unions, will be closed on Memorial Day.
- On Tuesday, June 1, however, normal business operations will resume.
- Consequently, if you have any important mail that has to be sent out or if you want to receive something before the holiday, make sure to prepare early.
- If you register for a USPS account, you will be able to purchase stamps, print mailing labels, and place orders for supplies online.
Are there any other mail delivery services open on Memorial Day 2022?
- Unless you’re searching for a last-minute alternate way of getting your mail or parcels out on Memorial Day, don’t plan on running out to your closest UPS or FedEx facility just yet. The fact that Memorial Day is marked as a federal holiday means that the vast majority of airlines will be stopping services on Monday, May 28th. Others, on the other hand, will only be able to work at a very restricted capacity. On Memorial Day, the following is all you need to know about UPS, FedEx, Amazon, and DHL hours of operation: UPS: There will be no deliveries/the office will be closed. (UPS Express Critical services are available.) FedEx: No deliveries/closed with modified hours for FedEx Office
- UPS: No deliveries/closed with modified hours for UPS. (FedEx Custom Critical services are available.) Amazon does not make deliveries
- DHL does not make deliveries and is closed.
Are there any other holidays that USPS will be closed on in 2022?
- According to the United States Postal Service website, the following dates are also considered holidays: Independence Day is celebrated on July 4th, Labor Day is celebrated on September 5th, Indigenous Peoples’ Day is celebrated on October 10th, Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11th, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on November 24th, and Christmas Day is celebrated on December 25th (which falls on a Sunday and is observed on Monday, December 26th).
- Ni’Kesia Pannell is a contributing writer for this publication.
- Ni’Kesia Pannell is an entrepreneur, multi-hyphenate freelance journalist, and self-proclaimed Slurpee aficionado who covers news and culture for The Kitchn.
- She lives in New York City with her husband and two children.
- Elizabeth Berry is a writer and poet who lives in the United States.
Elizabeth Berry works as a digital Editorial Assistant for WomansDay.com, where she creates and edits lifestyle material about women’s issues.This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration.You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
Are post offices open and will mail be delivered on 2021 New Year’s Eve and Day?
- Post offices will be closed on December 31 and January 1, which means you will not be able to send a parcel through the mail on those days.
- New Year’s Day is always a postal holiday, as it has been in past years.
- Despite the fact that the offices themselves are closed on December 31, mail will still be delivered as scheduled on that day.
- Additionally, mail will be collected from collection boxes on the 31st, but will not be collected on New Year’s Day itself.
It will be necessary for anyone expecting packages to wait until the 3rd of January before regular postal services are resumed.Normal operating hours for postal services are not disrupted on December 31; however, because the federal holiday comes on a Saturday, employees are granted a day off on the prior Friday.
Why do post offices close on New year’s Day?
- Government holidays imply that federal employees are entitled to paid time off in addition to the ordinary vacation time they are allowed to take.
- It goes without saying that if there is no one to work, the offices must be shut down.
- Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, we expect to process a total of 12 BILLION letters, cards, and parcels!
- To far, we’ve already handled 11 billion yen (about).
This Christmas season, we’re pleased to be able to provide for the people of America.On December 28, 2021, the United States Postal Service (@USPS) tweeted:
What other federal holidays prevent the post being sent?
- The United States Postal Service has ten days each year when no mail or shipments are delivered. Because the program is administered by the federal government, these dates correspond to federal holidays. These are the times: New Year’s Day is January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day is January 18
- Presidents’ Day/Birthday Washington’s is February 15
- Memorial Day is May 31
- Independence Day is July 5 (observed because July 4 falls on a Sunday)
- Labor Day is September 6
- Columbus Day is October 11
- Veterans Day is November 11
- Thanksgiving is November 25
- Christmas is December 25
- New Year’s Day is January 1
- Presidents’ Day/Birthday Washington’s is February 15
Is the Post Office open on New Year’s Day? Hours and delivery information revealed
- On federal holidays, such as New Year’s Day, some establishments, such as numerous government offices and some private enterprises, are closed, while others, such as other establishments, stay open.
- Some facilities may also be offering modified services and working on a restricted schedule as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic, which is now underway.
- What about the Post Office and other letter delivery services, though?
- We’ll look at the hours of operation and delivery information for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and courier services on New Year’s Day.
Post Office Hours on New Year’s Day 2022
- The majority of USPS services are closed on New Year’s Day, with the exception of Priority Mail Express, which will be delivered on the first of the year.
- The USPS website, on the other hand, explains: ″Deliveries on New Year’s Day are only available in a few select regions.
- It will be necessary to charge an additional price for certain delivery.″ All Post Office sites will be closed on New Year’s Day, and ordinary mail will not be delivered on that day.
- On January 1, no mail will be collected from USPS Blue Collection Boxes (blue collection boxes).
However, beginning on January 3, all USPS sites will reopen, and regular mail delivery services will resume as well.In addition, on January 3, regular mail pickup from USPS Blue Collection Boxes will resume as scheduled.
FedEx Hours on New Year’s Day 2022
- According to the FedEx website, the majority of FedEx services will be closed on January 1, with the exception of the FedEx Custom Critical service. There will be no FedEx delivery services available on New Year’s Day. There is FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery, FedEx Ground Economy, FedEx Office, FedEx Freight, and FedEx Trade Networks. There is also FedEx Office Express, FedEx Ground Express, and FedEx Ground Economy.
- According to the FedEx website, ″Customs clearance at land border crossings between the United States and Canada is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through FedEx Trade Networks, subject to the availability of Customs and Border Protection (CBP).″ ″Consult with your FedEx Trade Networks agent on the availability of customs clearance at land border crossings between the United States and Mexico,″ the company advises.
- There will also be a slew of FedEx services that will be unavailable on January 2, including Express, Ground, Ground Economy and Freight.
- FedEx Home Delivery will operate under a reduced schedule on January 2, with deliveries limited to ″Sunday-eligible stations″ and no other locations.
- Additionally, on the day following New Year’s, the FedEx Office service will be accessible on a reduced schedule..
FedEx Office sites will open at 7 a.m.local time, or at their usual hours, whichever is earlier.Customer service representatives at their local FedEx Office are available to provide further information.
UPS Hours on New Year’s Day 2022
On New Year’s Day, there will be no UPS pickup or delivery service available. The UPS Express Critical service, on the other hand, becomes accessible on January 1. According to the UPS website, customers are asked to call 1-800-714-8779 or visit upsexpresscritical.com for further information on the situation. UPS pick-up and delivery services will resume on January 3 as scheduled.
What time does the Post Office open and close?
- YOU’VE RECEIVED MAIL 12:02 p.m. ET on June 9, 2021
- updated: 14:58 p.m. ET on September 28, 2021
If you need to send mail or parcels, POST Offices are still operational around the United States. We go through everything you need to know about the location’s hours of operation and the services provided.
What are Post Offices opening times?
- The hours of operation of United States Postal Service offices vary greatly depending on where you live in the country.
- Monday through Friday, the majority of sites open at 8 a.m.
- or 8.30 a.m., while some close at 10 a.m., others at 12.30 p.m., and other branches close at 4 p.m.
- A large number of Post Offices are closed on both Saturday and Sunday, however others are open for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday only.
Make sure to double-check the operating hours of your local Post Office in advance to prevent being disappointed.By using the branch locator tool, you may locate the one that is closest to you.
What safety measures are in place at Post Offices?
- If you must visit a Post Office in person, the following are the Covid security precautions you should be aware of, as well as extra precautions for US Postal Services. Face masks must be worn by employees and consumers in areas where local regulations require it.
- Signage, floor tape, and obstacles are all used to create a sense of social distance.
- Branch cleanliness procedures have been modified
- employees who are able to work from home are doing so
- and more.
- Customers will no longer be required to sign mobile delivery devices for shipments in the future.
- In lieu of giving you your package, workers will place it in the mail box or another acceptable position near the entrance.
Are Post Offices open on federal holidays?
- No, offices of the United States Postal Service are normally closed on federal holidays.
- Memorial Day, Martin Luther King Jr.
- (January 18), and Presidents’ Day (February 15) were among the holidays commemorated in this calendar year (May 31).
- Mail will not be delivered on the following days: July 4, Labor Day (September 6), Columbus Day (October 11), Veterans’ Day (November 11), Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
There will be reduced hours of operation on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve at post offices around the country.
What services does the Post Office offer?
- The United States Postal Service provides a wide range of services, including the renting of Post Office Boxes.
- Shipping supplies may be purchased, and the postage on envelopes and shipments can be weighed and classified.
- The Post Office also provides a change of address (COA) service as well as money order sales, the latter of which is a paper-based method of making a payment.
- This year, the Post Office remained open on Good Friday as well.
If you’re in the mood for Taco Bell, we’ve compiled a list of its hours of operation and menu.Aside from that, we cover all you need to know about the McDonald’s morning menu, including when it’s available.Trump threatens to’make Amazon pay for the post office’ and blasts the ecommerce giant for its ‘unacceptable’ treatment of the United States Postal Service.
USPS Holiday Service Schedule
- The United States Postal Service® provides mailing and shipping services at Post OfficeTM facilities and a variety of other locations.
- Look for a Post Office in your area to discover what services are offered and what hours are open on holidays.
- Smaller postal facilities, businesses who sell stamps, blue collection mailboxes, and USPS kiosks that are open 24 hours a day are also available.
- Find Locations of the United States Postal Service Glossary of Postal Service Locations
Christmas Eve Schedule
Local Post Office Hours
- Each Post Office location has a sign indicating its Christmas hours. In the weeks leading up to the holiday, some locations may have extended hours, while others may have limited hours on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24.
- To check the Christmas hours for a specific location, go to Find USPS Locations and enter your ZIP CodeTM.
- Customers who are in the business sector should check with their Bulk Mail Entry Unit for operating hours.
USPS Blue Collection Boxes
- On Christmas Eve, mail will be collected from blue collection boxes outside the Post Office. Customers who want mail pickups after 12 p.m. (noon) on December 24 should visit their local Post Office.
Regular Mail Delivery
Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24, will see the typical delivery of letters and packages.
Christmas Day Schedule
- Christmas Day, December 25, is a postal holiday in the United States. Christmas Day is a holiday, and all post offices are closed. Mail will not be delivered on Christmas Day, which falls on a Saturday this year, December 25.
- Christmas Day1 and Christmas Day2 deliveries of Priority Mail Express® mail will be made
- all Post Office locations will reopen and start normal mail service on Monday, December 27.
New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day Schedules
Local Post Office Hours
- There will be no post office operations on New Year’s Eve, which falls on Friday, December 31
- New Year’s Day, which falls on Saturday, January 1, is a postal holiday. All Post Office sites will be closed on New Year’s Day
- however, all Post Office locations will reopen and start normal mail service on Monday, January 3, 2022, unless otherwise noted.
USPS Blue Collection Boxes
- On New Year’s Eve, Friday, December 31, mail will be collected from collection boxes.
- In observance of New Year’s Day, Saturday, January 1, no mail will be collected from collection boxes.
- Normative collection services will be resumed on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Regular Mail Delivery
- During the week of December 31 to January 1, mail will be distributed as normal
- however, New Year’s Day, which falls on Saturday January 1, will be a Postal holiday. On New Year’s Day, no regular mail will be delivered
- however, Priority Mail Express® mail will be delivered on New Year’s Day3
- Regular mail delivery will resume on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Christmas Day deliveries are only available in a few select regions.
- It will be necessary to charge an additional price for certain delivery.
- Return to legal disclaimer number one.
2.Unless otherwise stated, there is no guarantee.Only if the shipment was not delivered, or if delivery was not attempted, within two (2) business days is the money-back guarantee valid for Priority Mail Express® shipments shipped between December 22 and December 25.Return to legal disclaimer number two.3.
- Deliveries on New Year’s Day are only available in a restricted number of areas.
- It will be necessary to charge an additional price for certain delivery.
- Return to legal disclaimer number three.
Stamps.com – USPS Holidays
- Postage Help Center
- USPS Holidays
Keep Post Office Holidays in Mind As You Prepare Your USPS Mailings & Shipments.
- Except on postal holidays, the United States Postal Service is available to assist you.
- Make sure you are aware of the federal holiday structure so that you can organize your shipment schedule appropriately.
- The United States Postal Service adheres to a federal holiday structure, which means that Post Office buildings are closed and shipping services are unavailable on federal holidays.
- In light of the fact that postal holidays may differ from other bank, school, and local government holidays, it is important to keep the following dates in mind and organize your shipping needs around them.
US Post Office Holidays, 2022
|New Year’s Day||Friday||December 31, 2021|
|Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday||Monday||January 17, 2022|
|Presidents Day||Monday||February 21, 2022|
|Memorial Day||Monday||May 30, 2022|
|Independence Day||Monday||July 4, 2022|
|Labor Day||Monday||September 5, 2022|
|Columbus Day||Monday||October 10, 2022|
|Veteran’s Day||Friday||November 11, 2022|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday||November 24, 2022|
|Christmas Day||Monday||December 26, 2022|
- To see the whole table, swipe right.
- Please keep in mind that if a federal holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the legal public holiday will be observed on the next business day after the actual holiday.
- For example, because New Year’s Day happened on a Sunday in 2017, the following day, Monday, January 2, was declared a holiday, and the United States Postal Service did not operate on that day.
Print Postage with Stamps.com
Customers of Stamps.com can continue to print postage on USPS holidays; however, the program will automatically use the next day’s date to determine when their mail pieces will be picked up by the Postal Service.
Free* 5 lb. Digital Scale with
Every new customer account starts with:
- Upon registration, you will receive a free* 5 pound digital scale
- Trial term of four weeks
- $5 in USPS postage to be used throughout the trial period
- Discounts on USPS rates that are not available at the Post Office
- There are no long-term obligations, and you may cancel at any moment.
- Stay over the 4-week trial period and pay only the shipping and handling price of $17.99 each month + applicable taxes, if any, including the first month.
Is the post office open on Christmas Day 2021? Is there mail delivery? Does the mail run?
- Christmas Day in 2021 will be celebrated on Saturday, December 25.
- You may find out if the post office, postal delivery, FedEx, and UPS are open or closed on Thanksgiving Day by reading the information provided below: Is postal delivery available on Christmas Day in 2021?
- Is the mail delivered on Christmas Day?
- On Christmas Day, there will be no postal delivery service.
The website of the United States Postal Service, on the other hand, states that Priority Mail Express mail will be delivered on December 25th.What time does the post office close on Christmas Day in 2021?Offices of the United States Postal Service will be closed, while self-service kiosks will be accessible in select locations for drop-offs during this time.Do you think FedEx and UPS will still be delivering packages on Christmas Day in 2021?FedEx and UPS will not be making deliveries on Christmas Day, to be precise..
- FedEx Custom Critical and UPS Express Critical will be the only services that will be accessible during this time period.
- Are there any discounts for Christmas Day in 2021?
- The following retailers are giving promotions on Christmas Day, according to our research on the internet: Your assistance is required for our journalism.
- Please consider subscribing to NJ.com now.
- If you want to contact Katherine Rodriguez, her email address is [email protected]
- Do you have a suggestion?
- Please let us know at nj.com/tips.
- Please keep in mind that if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.