If your package is late, you can lodge a complaint on your own by: Sending a text to 29372 and waiting for an agent call you back Calling 1.800.Go.FedEx (1.800.463.3339) and following the voice prompts
FedEx Express (U.S.) We offer a money-back guarantee for every U.S. shipment. You may request a refund or credit of your shipping charges if we miss our published (or quoted, as in the case of FedEx SameDay®) delivery time by even 60 seconds.
If your FedEx package is late, you can request a refund, Online (guide) or over the phone (guide) or if you are a business, you can use our Small Package Auditing Service.
Can I get a refund if my FedEx package is late?
Can I get a refund? The delivery was late – FedEx – Frequently Asked Questions Can I get a refund? The delivery was late At FedEx, we strive to ensure that your shipments arrive at their destination on time so our Money Back Guarantee Policy (1) applies even if we miss our published or quoted delivery time by as little as 60 seconds.
Why is my FedEx package taking so long to arrive?
Why Is My FedEx Package Taking So Long? Even though FedEx is one of the couriers with the widest network of distribution, shipment delays happen regularly. The parcels dispatched by this courier may be late for various reasons, such as: Errors made by the deliverer are another reason for late packages.
How do I track a FedEx package that is late?
You can check the status of your delivery and the reason for the late parcel by tracking it down via the official FedEx website. To track down your parcel and check its status, proceed as follows: Enter your tracking number, FedEx office order number, or door tag number in the search field
Can I sue FedEx for delivering late my package?
Whoever paid FedEx can file a claim. By default, FedEx packages have up to $100 of protection from loss or damage. If the value is more than that, the shipper must “declare” that value, AND pay for additional coverage. Also, as part of the claim process, the shipper will need to submit proof of value of the contents.
Why does FedEx never deliver on time?
Why Does FedEx Say There’s No Scheduled Delivery Date Available? There are a couple of different reasons that FedEx might be telling you that your delivery date is unavailable, but most of the time this boils down to your package simply still being quite new in the logistical backend.
How long until I get my package from FedEx?
I’m picking up a missed delivery. FedEx will hold your package for up to 7 days for both FedEx Ground ® service and FedEx Express ® service before it’s returned to the shipper. You’ll need to bring your tracking number, government-issued photo ID, and your door tag number.
What time does FedEx stop delivering packages?
What time does FedEx stop delivering packages? FedEx stops delivering packages at 8 pm on the scheduled day. Instead, FedEx makes parcel deliveries before the conclusion of the business day. This delivery schedule is known as the “end of the day delivery.” FedEx is well-known for its credibility and accuracy.
How Late Does FedEx Deliver Packages? Get the Facts!
The prospect of staying up late in order to get a FedEx shipment that never arrives is discouraging.If you feel FedEx delayed your package as a result of their own carelessness, you can file a complaint and receive a refund.That can be a difficult task, but fortunately, you have DoNotPay on your side.
In any case, how late does FedEx deliver items these days?We’ll assist you in learning all you need to know about it, including how to get your money back with little to no work on your part.
What Time Do FedEx Packages Usually Arrive?
FedEx has set delivery timeframes for each of its services, as follows:
|Service||Delivery Days||Delivery Time|
|FedEx Home Delivery||Seven days a week||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|FedEx SameDay City Direct and Priority||Seven days a week||24 hours a day|
|FedEx SameDay City Standard and Economy||Monday to Saturday||7 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|FedEx Standard Overnight||Monday to Friday||By 4.30 p.m. to U.S. businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences|
|FedEx Priority Overnight||Monday to Friday||By 9 a.m. or 10.30 a.m.|
|FedEx First Overnight||Monday to Friday||By 8.00, 8.30, or 9 a.m. to most areas|
|FedEx 2Day shipping A.M.||Monday to Friday||By 10.30 a.m.|
|FedEx 2Day and FedEx Express Saver||Monday to Friday||By 4.30 p.m. to U.S. businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences|
During the holidays, FedEx increases its delivery hours to accommodate more customers. Due to a surge in demand from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, parcels might be delivered far beyond 8 p.m. during this time period.
How To Track a FedEx Package
- During the holidays, FedEx extends its delivery times. Since demand increases from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, shipments might be delivered until far beyond 8 p.m. during this period.
It is possible that you will receive a notification stating that your package will arrive by the end of the day. If your shipment does not arrive by that time, FedEx may reschedule the delivery and send you a message to advise you of the new day and time.
What Causes Delays in FedEx Delivery?
See below for some of the possible reasons why your FedEx cargo can be delayed:
|Recipient absence||If the recipient isn’t there to collect the package, FedEx may leave a delivery attempt notice. With that notice in hand, you can request a new delivery|
|Poor weather||Weather events may keep FedEx employees from delivering a package on time. In a situation like that, FedEx prioritizes the safety of its employees|
|High shipping demand||Peak seasons—such as the holidays—can result in high shipping demand. This puts the delivery system under pressure|
|Misdirections||Misdirections can occur when the address on the package isn’t clear enough|
|Port and airport congestion||Backlogs at ports or airports can cause delays. These can be exacerbated by custom issues caused by irregularities with the package. You should take these into account before filing a delivery complaint|
How Can You Report a Problem With Your Delivery?
If your delivery arrives late, you may file a complaint on your own by following the steps below:
- By texting 29372 and waiting for a response
- by dialing 1.800.Go.FedEx (1.8443.3339) and following the voice prompts
- by sending an email to [email protected]
Can You Get a Refund if Your FedEx Package Is Late?
The following customer service guarantees and refunds are available from FedEx if your shipment is delivered late:
|Service||Delivery Type||Refund Type|
|FedEx Express U.S.||Standard deliveries inside the U.S.||You can get a full refund for any delay over 60 seconds after the scheduled time. This excludes customs delays for international deliveries|
|FedEx Express International||Airport-to-airport abroad deliveries|
|FedEx Ground||Low-cost deliveries made by truck||You can request a refund if the package doesn’t arrive on the scheduled delivery day|
|FedEx Freight||Delivers shipments over 150 lbs||A no-fee money-back guarantee is included in the service|
What Should You Do if Your Package Is Lost?
- Are you perplexed as to what to do if your item does not come on time? Always keep in mind that you may be encountering an unavoidable and inevitable delay
- It is necessary to maintain track on the shipment on the FedEx website.
- You may only count on it being lost if the delivery is delayed by more than five days from the scheduled delivery date.
If you haven’t received your delivery despite the fact that the package’s tracking status indicates that it has arrived, you should register a formal complaint.FedEx will make every effort to locate and replace your misplaced shipment.If your shipment is damaged during transit, you may be able to make an insurance claim with the shipping company.
The good news is that DoNotPay can help you receive the best service possible by assisting you in registering a delivery complaint with FedEx as well as demanding a reimbursement for your faulty delivery from the company!
File a Complaint and Get a Refund for Your Late FedEx Delivery in a Snap With DoNotPay!
FedEx’s return procedure is lengthy and exhausting, which is surprising for a corporation that prides itself on its quickness.Instead of wasting hours attempting to secure a refund for a delayed item, you may leave it in the hands of DoNotPay and let them handle it for you.It only takes a few clicks for our robot lawyer to save you time by filing your delivery complaint and refund request on your behalf.
To get a refund, you only need to do the following:
- Sign onto your DoNotPay account
- locate the Late Delivery Refund product
- select FedEx
- and fill out the necessary information.
You will not be required to bargain for anything or stand in line. FedEx’s claims department will receive a complaint and compensation claim submitted using our app. That’s not all, either! DoNotPay can also assist you with the following issues:
- UPS or USPS lost package
- UPS, Amazon, or USPS late delivery
DoNotPay Helps You Deal With Various Problems Worry-Free
To help you handle a wide range of duties, DoNotPay has developed a wide range of solutions that you may utilize to your advantage.Is it important to you to receive a refund from a company?Do you want to know if you may get compensation from airlines if your Wi-Fi is bad or if your flight has been canceled?
Is it prohibitively expensive for you to hire an attorney to draft legal documents?Sign up with DoNotPay and you’ll be able to resolve your problems in minutes!Robotic calls, spam emails, and SMS messages may all be eliminated with the help of our AI-powered software.
Do you require assistance in discovering and canceling all of your unused memberships?DoNotPay also offers a solution for this problem!Using our Government Tests Prep tool, you can prepare for your driving exam while also scheduling an appointment with the DMV to take the test, all through the same app.We can also assist you with reclaiming your auto insurance or warranty, as well as contesting parking penalties, in a jiffy!
Learn How To Protect Your Privacy With DoNotPay
Protecting your personal information on the internet might be difficult, but it is not impossible.When you come across a service that demands phone verification, make sure to utilize our Burner Phone solution and have us establish a fictitious phone number that you can use to verify your identity.Our virtual credit card allows you to sign up for free trials without having to provide your personal information such as your name, email address, and credit card information.
Are you considering establishing a correspondence with an incarcerated pen pal?By depending on DoNotPay, you may ensure that your true address remains a mystery.In addition to assisting you with the delivery of letters to offenders, we may accept mail from the jail on your behalf, scan each letter, and send it to your email address as attachments.
Can You Get a Refund for a FedEx Late Delivery? [Explained]
What should you do if your FedEx item arrives later than the day on which it was expected to arrive?In the case of a new order, not knowing where your box is might dampen the anticipation and perhaps entirely ruin your attitude.While you won’t be able to do anything to expedite the delivery, you can report the problem to the shipper and request a refund of your money.
A refund procedure often takes a long time, but our tutorial will teach you how to receive one in a few simple touches, saving you valuable time.By joining up for DoNotPay, you can discover all you need to know about FedEx’s late delivery policy in one location, as well as how you may report a problem within minutes.
Why Is My FedEx Package Taking So Long?
Despite the fact that FedEx is one of the courier companies with the largest distribution network, package delays occur on a daily basis. There are a variety of reasons why packages delivered by this courier may be late, including:
- ReasonsDetails Situations that are caused by the weather In 40% of cases, delivery is delayed as a result of inclement or severe weather conditions, such as rain, hail, and thunderstorms. Another reason for late goods is poor performance by the courier company. Errors committed by the delivery company are another source of late packages. It is possible that the courier would prioritize other deliveries or will refuse to travel to locations that are far away. Incorrect mailing address It is not uncommon for a sender to offer the inaccurate suite number, as well as a misspelled or incorrect street name. Although paying a high price for rectification and rerouting—and FedEx may charge you up to $13 for such services—there is no assurance that your shipment will be delivered on time. The recipient is unable to accept delivery. It’s possible that the courier attempted to deliver your package but was unsuccessful because you were either unavailable or had relocated. Consequently, they will delay the delivery date in such circumstances Inadequate supporting documentation It is possible that retailers and other senders would forget to provide the appropriate documentation with the item. Even when the parcel is despatched without them, it will not be able to be delivered until the sender provides the necessary documentation. Packaging list
- tracking label
- shipping label
- commercial invoice
- origin certificate
- electronic export information
- and any other documents that may be required by the shipper.
By tracking your package down on the FedEx website, you may find out the status of your delivery and the cause for the late arrival.
How To Check the Status of My FedEx Delivery
To track down your package and determine its current location, take these steps:
- Pay a visit to the FedEx official website.
- Select the Track tab from the menu bar.
- In the search form, enter your tracking number, FedEx office order number, or door tag number to find your package.
You will be able to review all delivery status updates, which will be organized by date, and see whether there have been any recent changes. Alternatively, if FedEx indicates the delivery has been delivered but your mailbox is still empty, or if the latest update was more than a few days ago, you should call the shipper and report the problem.
Does FedEx Offer Refunds for Late Deliveries?
- A money-back guarantee for a variety of FedEx Ground, FedEx Office, FedEx Express, and FedEx Freight services will be discontinued on April 6, 2021, according to the company. FedEx’s policy now states that you can only receive a refund for late parcels shipped via the following services: FedEx International First
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx First Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
FedEx will pay a full reimbursement of shipping fees even if your delivery is only 60 seconds late, according to the most recent information available from the company.
Ways To Apply for a FedEx Refund for Late Delivery
FedEx will refund your money in a variety of methods, including the following:
- The submission of an online claim using the courier’s website.
- Getting in touch with customer service by phone or email
- Delivering a letter to a courier service
It is important to remember that you must register a refund claim within 15 days of the invoice date, regardless of whatever option you pick.
Requesting a Refund by Filing an Online Claim
For FedEx late delivery refunds, you can file an online application by following the steps below:
- Visit the courier’s official website for further information.
- Select the Support tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select File a Claim from the drop-down menu and press the red Start a Claim button
- Enter your tracking number and select the claim type from the drop-down menu
- Fill in the blanks with as much information as you can about the situation
- File your claim and make a note of the case number
It is possible to check on the progress of your claim after it has been submitted by login into your FedEx account and entering your case number. It is also possible to sign up for email notifications.
Requesting a Refund by Calling Customer Support
Call (800) 463-3339 for domestic customer care or (800) 247-4747 for international customer service to obtain a refund via phone. Make a thorough explanation of the problem to the representative, including as many shipping specifics as feasible. If your claim is granted, FedEx will refund your money within seven to ten business days after receiving it.
Requesting a Refund by Writing a Letter to FedEx
Call (800) 463-3339 or (800) 247-4747 for international customer support if you want to seek your money back over the phone instead. Give as many facts about the package as possible to the representative in order to explain the problem. FedEx will reimburse you within seven to ten business days if your claim is granted.
Avoid Contacting Customer Support—Get Your Refund Fuss-Free With DoNotPay
The process of requesting a refund from FedEx is more involved than you may anticipate, and the corporation makes no attempt to make it easy for its customers.Putting up with hours of phone hold may be tiresome, and even if you do manage to speak with a customer service representative, they may not be ready to compromise.It is advisable to avoid time-consuming phone calls and paperwork by using DoNotPay, which allows you to get your money back in minutes.
Within five minutes, we can assist you in reporting late delivery without having to contact the courier’s customer care team and initiating a refund claim.The following is an explanation of how this feature works:
- Access your DoNotPay account by logging in.
- Select the Late Delivery Refund product from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a courier service
- Key shipping information, such as the tracking number and expected arrival time, should be entered.
- In order to expedite your refund request, we will instantly transmit it to the claim department of the courier in question! In addition to giving good advice on dealing with late FedEx deliveries, our learning base also contains solutions to a plethora of relevant queries, such as: How late can UPS deliver their items?
- How late can FedEx deliver their products?
- What is the reason for your USPS shipment still being in transit?
- What is the procedure for reporting a misplaced UPS, FedEx, or USPS package?
- In the event that your eBay order is damaged in transportation, what should you do?
- When a delivery is delivered to the incorrect address, what happens next?
- What options do you have for getting a refund for late delivery made by UPS, USPS, or Amazon?
Check Out the Scope of DoNotPay’s Services
DoNotPay is capable of much more than simply dealing with deliveries that are late or missing.We have extensive experience in obtaining refunds and chargebacks, gift card cash backs, airline reimbursements, as well as returning items that were unsatisfactory in the first place.We have a strategy for dealing with difficult-to-reach customer care representatives and difficult-to-unsubscribe from mailing lists.
For those who have to deal with crucial documentation, our software can help you through every stage of the process.The documents may be drafted for you and we can teach you how to write them yourself; we can link you with a remote notary who can notarize your documents at any time of day or night; and we can assist you in sending the documents to any recipient using our easy online fax capabilities!Check out our learning center to get a complete picture of everything we have to offer.
Stay Safe at Home and Enlist DoNotPay To Do Your Bidding
- It’s difficult to stay on top of your responsibilities during these tough times filled with a lot of uncertainty. That is why DoNotPay has designed a number of tools to assist you in crossing chores off your to-do list while remaining in the comfort of your own home. In addition to these activities, you may do them from the convenience of your recliner using our app: Virtually apply for exemptions from property taxes
- Make a request for compensation on behalf of crime victims.
- Request that your bills be postponed
- For indoor entertainment, sign up for free trials of streaming, gaming, and other services
- Request tuition and fee exemptions from colleges.
- Communicate with a loved one who is incarcerated
- Keep yourself secure from internet stalkers and harassers by following these tips.
- Send letters through the mail
- Make a complaint about loud neighbors
Late FedEx package: Why didn’t I get a refund credit?
When you ship with FedEx express or ground, you can be confident that your package will arrive on schedule and in good condition.If the package is delivered even one minute late, you will be entitled to a full refund of your purchase price.To be clear, FedEx will NOT alert you that your delivery has arrived late.
FedEx will not willingly refund any of your money.What is the process for obtaining my FedEx money-back guarantee?Next, what happens if you have a FedEx shipment that arrives late but the refund credit is rejected?
Please keep in mind that there are certain exclusions to these warranties and guarantees.As a result, not every FedEx box that arrives late is eligible for a reimbursement.There are several conceivable causes for the delay, aside from the apparent refund denials – in which case the wait is beyond FedEx’s control.In this case, any of the following will prevent you from receiving a money-back guarantee refund:
FedEx Express (Domestic): Late Delivery Refund Exceptions
- Any shipment that has been redirected from its original delivery destination to a Hold at Location location
- Packages that were not delivered or were returned
- Shipments of hazardous materials or dry ice
- A FedEx delivery that arrived late and included an inaccurate address or ZIP code
- A person who is appropriate or qualified to take delivery or sign for the shipment is unavailable or refuses to do so
- On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and delivered within 90 minutes of the delivery commitment time on the following dates and times: November 27, 2019, November 25, 2020, November 24, 2021, November 23, 2022
Anything that has been diverted from its original delivery destination to a Hold at Location location;
Packages that were not delivered or were returned
shipments of hazardous materials or dry ice
The delivery of a FedEx package that arrived late and had the wrong address or ZIP code.It is the absence or unwillingness of a suitable or eligible individual to receive delivery or sign for the shipment; it is
November 27, 2019, November 25, 2020, November 24, 2021, and November 23, 2022; delivered within 90 minutes of the delivery commitment time on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving;
FedEx Express (International): Late Delivery Refund Exceptions
- Delivery failures or returns
- FedEx deliveries with hazardous materials or dry ice arriving late
- shipments with the wrong address or ZIP code
- and other issues.
- A package is not delivered or signed for because an acceptable or eligible individual is not available or refuses to accept delivery.
- International packages that have been delayed by customs or regulatory agencies
- The payment of tariffs and taxes either before or during the customs clearing process
- It was not possible to obtain complete recipient information
- Thanksgiving Day, Wednesday, November 27, 2019, and delivery within 90 minutes of the announced delivery commitment time on November 25, 2020, Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2021, and Thanksgiving Day, November 23, 2022
Finally, shipments received during the seven calendar days preceding Christmas Day are eligible for a discount. In this instance, delivery is postponed until the end of the day on the originally scheduled delivery date. Dec 18 – Dec 24 in the years 2021, 2022, and 2023
FedEx Ground: Late Delivery Refund Exceptions
- Any shipment scheduled for arrival between the Monday after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve
- FedEx parcels Ground Call Tag service shipments that are late
- Packages with any form of FedEx Delivery Signature Option
- packages with any type of FedEx Delivery Signature Option
- Any shipment that results in an unexpectedly high number of packages being released from your delivery location
- Packages that will require further processing
- FedEx parcels that were delivered late and had their addresses corrected
- Packages that are too large or unapproved
- Parcels that have been requested to be redirected from a delivery address to a hold at location address
- Last but not least, undeliverable or returned packages
Read more in the FedEx Service Guide
More information on these late FedEx package exclusions may be found in the FedEx Service Guide, which is available online.If you are seeking for a professional that can automatically locate late FedEx parcels, Refund Retriever is the solution for you.It is our responsibility to recoup billing mistakes and service failures via the use of FedEx cost reduction technology.
Our small package auditing guarantees that each and every UPS and FedEx invoice is accurate and up to date.Our expertise in audit shipping is just what your organization requires.If you don’t want to spend time wondering, ″How can I obtain my FedEx money-back guarantee?″ let Refund Retriever do the work for you.
The reliability of our FedEx late package audits is recognized by a large number of eCommerce and shipping companies.BigCommerce, ShipWorks, ChannelAdvisor, SkuVault, and a slew of more companies are included in this list.To summarize, Refund Retriever is a reputable provider for FedEx package delivery services that are late.Brian Gibbs is the founder and president of Refund Retriever.Refund Retriever was started in 2006 by Brian Gibbs, who was running his first eBay-based business at the time and was frustrated by the inefficiencies of other shipment auditing businesses.The auditing of FedEx and UPS parcel invoices is the major emphasis of Refund Retriever.
After earning his bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University in 2001, he went on to earn his JD and MBA from the University of Houston in 2004.He has been published in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, and a variety of other media, where he has spoken on package auditing, shipping, e-commerce, and other topics.Call (800) 441-8085 for additional information or to find out more about the program.
FedEx Service Guide – Money Back Guarantee
- Taking effect on January 17, 2022 On January 17, 2022, the money-back guarantee for certain FedEx Express® services for domestic and international shipments inside the United States was revived. FedEx First Overnight®
- FedEx Priority Overnight®
- FedEx Standard Overnight®
- FedEx First Overnight Extra Hours*
- FedEx Priority Overnight Extra Hours*
- FedEx Standard Overnight Extra Hours*
- FedEx International First®
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Priority® Express
- FedEx International Priority® Freight
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Priority®
In order to maintain a healthy balance between our commitment to service and safety, the FedEx money-back guarantee for all other FedEx Express, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Freight®, and FedEx Office® services will be stopped until further notice until the situation has been resolved.FedEx services, as well as new FedEx services across the world, are being examined on a continual basis, and our primary emphasis during this period of uncertainty is on continuing to offer the best possible service to our customers in the most efficient manner possible.*Contract services are available.
What Happens If FedEx/UPS Do Not Deliver On Time?
Customers who get their packages late may have an unfavorable opinion of your company as a result.A solution exists that will allow you to get the reimbursements you are owed for late deliveries while also identifying phases in your shipping process that may be improved to optimize efficiency.All ground and express packages will be delivered on schedule, without exception.
Shipping costs should be repaid if they are late, according to procedure.Unfortunately, it is your responsibility to detect that a product has been delivered late and to obtain a refund.The shipments that have been delayed must be identified and a refund requested within 15 days of the original planned delivery date.
It is not an easy task.If you discover that a shipment was delivered late, you can make a refund request to the carrier either by phone or through the carrier’s online Billing Center, which is accessible 24/7.Despite the fact that it is a time-consuming process.If the carrier agrees to your refund, they will credit or refund the transportation expenses for each such shipment to the payer, and the credit will appear on the payer’s next invoice as a credit or reimbursement.Examining all of your shipments and submitting individual reports for each late cargo may be a time-consuming and exhausting endeavor.Partnering with a professional parcel audit business, such as Refund Logistics, provides a number of advantages in this situation.
It is not difficult to file a one-time request for a refund; nonetheless, the process rapidly becomes laborious.Filtering out late parcels from on-time deliveries and identifying which shipments should really be pursued for reimbursements is a time-consuming process that requires much effort.If your firm ships packages all over the country on a regular basis, keeping track of all of the shipments will become a full-time job for someone in your organization.A manual approach will yield just average outcomes at best when attempting this activity.FedEx and UPS bills are reviewed weekly by Refund Logistics, which employs unique technologies to do this evaluation.
We automatically monitor your shipments and file your refund request on your behalf, freeing up your time and lowering your shipping costs by obtaining the reimbursements that you are entitled to.We save you money on shipping by minimizing your shipping costs.Following the processing of your reimbursements, the monies are paid straight to your carrier account and shown on your next carrier invoice.Allow Refund Logistics to keep track of all of your shipments.Get in touch with us and start saving right now!With Refund Logistics full-service parcel auditing, you can start cutting your company expenses immediately and effortlessly because there are no sign-up fees, set-up fees, or ongoing monthly charges.
How to Check if your FedEx Package was Late
FedEx and UPS commitment times are not always clear, but they are constant and often assured if you know where to look. Throughout this article, we’ll show you how to check the commitment date on FedEx ground items as well as FedEx international and priority goods.
The FedEx Time in Transit Calculator
Although commitment times on FedEx and UPS deliveries are not always evident, they are constant and typically guaranteed, assuming you know where to look for them. Throughout this article, we’ll show you how to check the commitment date on FedEx ground items as well as FedEx international and priority shipments.
Checking to See if Your FedEx package is Late
For prior parcels, you must use the same day of the week that your box was delivered (for example, if your package was shipped on a Wednesday, you must use the next Wednesday in the calculator) in order to determine the commitment date for that delivery.Because this approach does not need a holiday, it will yield correct results, including the time of day on which your delivery should have arrived (remember, even a minute late is a minute too soon!) and the name of the carrier.
Step 1. Go to the FedEx Time in Transit Calculator.
A 10 pound cargo traveling from Pennsylvania to California on Wednesday has been entered into the calculator in this example.The shipment was shipped out on Wednesday, January 13th, however we will use a future date of Wednesday, January 20th, because FedEx requires a future date for delivery of the goods.Once you have finished the form, which includes the weight of your cargo, zip codes, and the current day of the week, click ″Get travel time″ and you will be transported to a screen where you may enter the dimensions and value of your parcel.
Step 2. Fill out your package’s package type and declared value
On this page, you may choose the type of packing that will be used for the shipment in question.Under normal circumstances, the size and value of your package will have no effect on the commitment time you have agreed to.Using the ″Your Packaging″ option, we created this particular example.
You will be provided with your commitment dates based on the service level you choose after you have input your package dimensions and stated value.
Step 3. Understanding the Commitment Dates
Due to the fact that FedEx does not allow you to enter previous dates into their Time in Transit Calculator, the commitment dates obtained using this approach just indicate when day of the week a package should have been delivered.In this case, we are looking at a shipment that was dispatched on a Wednesday and want to see what the commitment date is.The following table lists the possible commitment dates and times based on the service that was selected.
All you need to know is what day of the week it is and what hour it is in the day.As a rule, FedEx’s commitment times for its delivery routes are relatively consistent, unless there is a holiday that has an influence on shipping timetables.For the sake of this example, Wednesday was chosen as shipping day for the packages, and the commitment days of the week that resulted will be valid regardless of whether the week in question occurs in April or September.
A parcel sent out on a Wednesday using FedEx Express Saver should arrive the following Monday by 4:30 p.m.at any time of the year, regardless of the season (unless a holiday impacts the transit schedule).
So your package is late.
It is possible to seek a reimbursement for a FedEx package that has been delivered late either online (guide) or over the phone (guide), or to utilize our Small Package Auditing Service if you are a company.
FedEx No Scheduled Delivery Date Available At This Time
It is possible to seek a reimbursement for a FedEx package that has been delivered late either online (guide) or over the phone (guide), or to utilize our Small Package Auditing Service if you are a company.
Better Understanding FedEx Tracking Information
Unlike packages sent through the United States Postal Service (USPS), where you may or may not receive tracking information depending on the service you choose, every single FedEx shipment will be tracked 100 percent of the time through the use of unique identifying numbers assigned to each shipment.It makes no difference whether you are sending FedEx Ground shipments, FedEx Freight packages, FedEx Air packages, or something else totally — it is all treated the same.You will be provided with tracking information that you can use to follow the progress of your FedEx shipment as it passes through the company’s logistical backbone.
As mentioned above, your tracking information will be clearly shown on your shipment receipt, which is why it’s so important to maintain track of this information when you mail your FedEx item through the mail.If you are expecting a FedEx shipment, you can still track it down using the tracking information that you have received from the sender.This will allow you to see where your box is at all times while it travels across the country.
Your FedEx package’s tracking information is updated on a regular basis during its trip, with the majority of updates occurring every time the package’s barcode is read.Occasionally, updates are made in real time, but most of the time, they are a little delayed – but everything is time stamped so that you can see exactly when and where your package is at any given moment in time — (for the most part).Even though your product’s tracking information indicates that there is no planned delivery date available at this time, you will need to retain this information on hand in order to track your shipment down to its destination at the end of the day.You might want to consider taking a quick photo of your shipping receipt while you are mailing anything out.It’s also a good idea to take a screenshot of your tracking number (or save an email that contains the number) so that you can easily locate it if you wish to check your FedEx package status online when it arrives.
Why Does FedEx Say There’s No Scheduled Delivery Date Available?
It is possible that FedEx will inform you that your delivery date is unavailable for a variety of reasons, but the majority of the time this is due to the fact that your cargo is still relatively fresh in the logistical backend.In addition to handling millions upon millions of parcels every single day – adding millions of packages to their infrastructure and transporting them throughout the country on a regular basis – FedEx also handles millions upon millions of packages every single day.As they go through the system, every single one of those parcels will be scanned into the system, and every single one of those packages will be scanned numerous times as they move through it.
If your package is fresh new to the system (you have just recently dropped it off or have only recently been informed that it is being prepared for shipping), it is possible that your tracking information has not yet been updated.Quite a few customers are seeing this notice merely because the tracking information for their shipment has been generated, but the product has not yet been ″sent in motion.″ Despite the fact that FedEx has prepped your box and has all of the necessary information ready to go, they are unsure of when your item will arrive due to the fact that it has not gone through any logistical processes.However, depending on the service that you have selected, you can receive an idea of when your product will arrive at its final destination.
For example, if you pick FedEx Home Delivery, you can be very certain that your package will arrive between one and three business days after you place your order.Depending on the service, FedEx Ground can take anywhere from one to five business days, and so on and so forth.Fortunately, even though your tracking information now indicates that ″there is no planned delivery date available at this moment,″ things will be updated in due course.FedEx is quite unusual in that they will continue to display this type of notice even after your shipment has begun to travel through their system.
FedEx Deliverability Issues
It is possible that you are dealing with deliverability issues if, on the other hand, you notice that despite your packages being scanned a couple of times as they move from one FedEx facility to another, the message has not been updated – you are still receiving ″no scheduled delivery date available at this time.″ If you experience a technical difficulty on the backend (which occurs more frequently than you may anticipate), it is possible that you will need to contact FedEx customer care and support for assistance.It’s not a terrible idea to hold off on phoning them for a time and instead keep an eye on how your FedEx cargo is being transported across the nation instead.It is reasonable to expect your FedEx shipment to arrive within one or two business days if you can see it moving closer and closer to your residence (maybe arriving in your city or at a major hub near your residence).Obviously, that is not the most ideal method of tracking your package (and it is not the method that FedEx has chosen), but just because you are not receiving a specific delivery date does not mean that you are not able to infer information about when you can expect it to arrive, as long as you have the information you need.
When Does Tracking Info Update?
The tracking information for your box or parcel will be updated (generally) every time it arrives at another FedEx facility or site, which is likely to be a number of stops along the road.The majority of customers are under the notion that their box will be scanned individually each time it arrives at a new location, but this is not precisely how things operate.Not at all.Instead of being individually packaged, packages and parcels are ″bulk packed″ with comparable things that are traveling in the same place.The entire lot is then given one unique code that is scanned as a group.
- However, if your tracking information was not added to that group (for whatever reason), you may also receive the ″no planned delivery date available at this time″ error as a result of the group modification.
- Considering how many shipments and boxes FedEx transports at any one moment, this is something that occurs on a quite regular basis.
- When you have millions and millions of items whizzing all over the nation, it is inevitable that some may be ignored when it comes to scanning – even though they are virtually always still packaged up and along for the trip just like every other delivery.
- When your item reaches its ultimate delivery location, which is generally the FedEx facility that is nearest to your home or workplace, you will be able to tell that this has most likely occurred.
That’s when the individual item will be scanned, and the group in which it was traveling will be disassembled and prepped for delivery.Lots of customers are astonished to see that the ″no scheduled delivery date available at this time″ code continues to appear right up until the day of delivery, at which point they are informed that their shipment will be delivered later that morning or afternoon.This type of circumstance is nearly always responsible for the type of monitoring information behavior that is described above in detail.
What Do I Do If My Package Wasn’t Delivered?
As a matter of fact, there will undoubtedly be instances in which you receive this precise error number because your FedEx item was accepted into the delivery infrastructure but then just went missing somewhere down the line.Packaging can tumble off conveyor belts, slip off transportation trucks, get lost in the corner of warehouses, or appear to just vanish into thin air.It happens to the best of us on a regular basis.Ultimately, if your box has not been delivered when you anticipated it to be – for example, if you were expecting a FedEx Home Delivery package within three business days and it has been a week or two past the estimated delivery day, it is time to contact FedEx customer care and support immediately.You may do so by contacting them by phone at 1-800-463-3339, which is a toll-free customer care support line that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you call them, you’ll be able to explain your problem and ask them questions concerning the status of your product or package shipment.
- Ensure, however, that you have your tracking information readily available to assist them in expediting the hunt for you.
- You may also contact FedEx customer care and assistance directly using their website’s email or live chat capabilities, which are both available on the FedEx website.
- If a FedEx shipment is lost in translation anywhere along the line, the company’s customer support department has a great reputation for going above and beyond to assist consumers.
If FedEx customer care and assistance are unable to assist you in locating or identifying your missing package, or if they are unable to accurately determine your delivery date, you may be required to file a missing package claim.FedEx has a section on their website that talks you through the steps of this process step by step.Make certain that you adhere to the directions to the letter, that you supply all source information and documents asked, and that you take the time to double-check all of your information before submitting it to the client or vendor.
It is possible that the FedEx missing package claims process will take some time to complete.Once again, customer service at this organization is often excellent and really attentive, and they want to make certain that you are well taken care of at all times.
You Deserve a Modern Mailbox Alternative Like US Global Mail
In the event that you are dissatisfied with traditional mailbox services these days (such as USPS PO Box services, for example) and would prefer something a little more modern – something that makes it simple to accept packages directly from FedEx, for example – you should take a closer look at US Global Mail.This organization, which has been in the virtual mailbox business for more than two decades, has established a legendary reputation as one of the most trustworthy and reputable virtual mailbox services available today.When it comes to the US Global Mail suite of services, which includes digital mail scanning, mail forwarding, and package acceptance – as well as a valid street address – there’s a lot to admire about it.They also give a slew of additional perks (including check depositing services) as part of your virtual mailbox membership, which is a modern reworking of the way that we accept and manage mail in our contemporary society.Do not hesitate to contact US Global Mail personally if you would like more information about what they have to offer or if you have any questions that you would like to have addressed directly.
FedEx Lost Package – What to Do
In the first place, one of the most common reasons individuals utilize Federal Express (FedEx) to ship their items is that they do not want to deal with the headaches that come with shipping packages through the United States Postal Service (USPS).When it comes to package loss, the United States Postal Service has a bit of a poor reputation for doing it more often than they should.And that’s the last thing anyone wants to have to think about at this point.The FedEx Corporation, on the other hand, has a stellar record when it comes to ensuring that your cargo reaches its ultimate destination – not only in one piece, but also on the day you specified – without any problems.Every now and then, FedEx makes a minor miscue and your shipment does not arrive at its destination on the day that you had anticipated it to be there.
- Sometimes (though this is much more unusual), your package does not arrive for several days, weeks, or even months after it was ordered.
- The question is, what exactly are you expected to do in those circumstances?
- That’s exactly what we’ll cover in greater depth later in this comprehensive guide.
- Let’s get this party started!
What Should I Do If FedEx Has Lost My Package?
There are several choices open to you if you believe FedEx has misplaced your item (either as the sender or as the intended receiver), depending on your circumstances.In order to ensure that your product was delivered by FedEx at a given time or on a specific day, the first thing you need do is double-check the tracking information provided by FedEx.Sometimes (especially if we are anticipating a large number of parcels all at the same time), we make up our delivery days, and items that we believe to be lost have simply not arrived yet since they were not scheduled for delivery on that particular day.This occurs far more frequently than the majority of us would want to acknowledge to ourselves.Thanks to the ease with which tracking information may be entered into the FedEx tracking system, it is typically rather simple to validate (or putting information into Google and tracking it that way).
- If you are able to establish that your shipment has been delayed and/or lost, it is time to go over the remainder of the suggestions and tactics we have included below.
Give It a Couple of Days, But Keep Check of Tracking Info
As a starting point, it’s not a terrible idea to wait a couple of days for your product to arrive on its own before diving straight in.To be honest, there will always be a strong desire to pick up the phone and call someone to track down your box so that it may be loaded into the first available overnight truck to your final destination.However, occasionally a box is just ″lost″ along the route, becoming entangled in the FedEx system, and will eventually find its way to you, even if it is late in arriving.It is actually more time-consuming to file a claim straight away, and you may even have to go through the inconvenience and pain of returning everything you have received as a result of your FedEx claim if your item comes within the following few of days.Things should be taken more slowly.
- Give it two or three days after the anticipated delivery date before proceeding with the purchase.
- Perhaps your shipment will arrive a day or two later, and you will have saved yourself a great deal of grief and anxiety by not believing it was fully lost in the first place!
Contact FedEx Customer Service ASAP
You should contact FedEx customer support if, on the other hand, you have given your FedEx shipment 48 to 72 hours to come after the scheduled delivery date and you have still not received any information.FedEx has an excellent reputation for providing some of the best customer service in the business, and they are likely to be interested in assisting you in tracking down your shipment as soon as possible if it has gone missing.You may get in touch with FedEx customer service in a variety of methods, the first of which is by calling their official customer care and support line.This number – 1-800-463-3339 – may be reached at any time of day or night, and it is completely free of charge to contact.The majority of the time, you’ll be connected with a FedEx customer care and support representative in no time at all, however you may be placed on hold occasionally – especially if you’re calling during typical business hours and the phone lines are busy.
- It’s also possible to visit the FedEx website and head over to the CUSTOMER SUPPORT portion of their platform, where you can use a variety of various options to contact FedEx support for more assistance.
- Not only can you use the FedEx Delivery Manager tools to divert your delivery if it has been delayed in the infrastructure or if it has been retrieved further down the road, but you can also utilize the Virtual Agent capabilities to get in touch with someone.
- If the online chat capabilities aren’t something you’re comfortable utilizing right now, you may also send a text to the number 29372 to initiate a phone conversation with customer service representatives.
- Just keep in mind that standard texting rates will apply in such circumstance as well.
Although most people have unlimited texting contracts, this shouldn’t be anything you have to be concerned about in the least.Finally, you may always send an email to customer service informing them that your delivery has gone missing.The response time for FedEx customer service by email is normally a couple of days, which is why so many people choose to phone customer service directly, utilize the Virtual Agent capabilities on the internet, or text customer service to receive answers much more quickly.
Final thoughts: regardless of the method by which you contact customer service, it is vital that you do so before proceeding with the claim application procedure for missing packages.
File a Claim
FedEx’s claim filing procedure is among the most clear and uncomplicated of all of the main transportation companies (including USPS, UPS, DHL, and others).For starters, FedEx is one of the few firms that offers a specific online claims area on their website, which you may use to get the process started as soon as possible after receiving your package.To begin the claims procedure, go to FedEx.com/apps/onlineclaims and fill out the necessary information.You will next be requested to supply information in order to better identify the missing product.This information will often include your tracking number (or your PRO number) and the actual sort of shipment that has gone missing.
- You should be aware, however, that the online FedEx Claims tools are normally only designed to be used in the case of shipments that have gone missing after having been dispatched by FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or FedEx Freight services.
- Additionally, you will only be able to utilize these tools for domestic shipments, shipments that originate in the United States and are being shipped internationally, and shipments from Canada that are being shipped to locations in the United States.
- Items shipped to international destinations will be subject to an entirely different claims procedure than packages addressed to domestic destinations.
- With regards to customer service and assistance, that’s something you’ll absolutely need to take care of as well.
Another key point to remember is that although you should wait at least two or three days past your expected delivery day before initiating the claims procedure, you must do it (either online or through customer service) within 21 days after the scheduled delivery date.If you attempt to begin the claims procedure outside of that 21-day timeframe, the chances are excellent that you’ll receive a flat rejection using the internet tools, according to the experts.Depending on how long it has been since that 21-day timeframe has passed, however, a representative from in-person customer assistance may be able to overrule that decision and assist you in obtaining some form of relief.
In addition, the actual claim application process is really straightforward to navigate.Following the submission of your claim, you will be required to complete a FedEx claim application in its entirety.Providing proof describing the package that was lost, as well as the contents therein (if you are pursuing a claim for more than $100) will be required at this point in the process.In addition to your FedEx receipt, images of the products inside of the packaging that have been missing during shipment, serial numbers for any items that have been lost (if feasible), and any proof of value paperwork that you can provide are also recommended.You are under no obligation to give any of the information requested (for all of this information).However, if you are able to attach the types of information that FedEx is seeking for, your claim will almost certainly be processed more quickly.
Once this has been completed, FedEx will undertake an internal search and audit in order to determine whether or not your package has been located.The majority of the time, FedEx is able to track down a package that has gone missing — moving it around the system in order to get it to its intended destination as fast as possible (often with free overnight delivery).When a package is not able to be retrieved and is deemed lost, you will be able to take advantage of the FedEx claims payment system, which will reimburse you for your losses.As long as you are claiming something with a value between $100 and $1000, you will be allowed to undertake what is known as an Inspection Report on your own, which will allow you to move the process forward much more rapidly than otherwise.You will have to wait for FedEx inspectors to approve your claim and release your reimbursement if the item you allege was lost during transportation was worth at more than $1000.
How Can I Track My Claim?
Because at least a portion of the FedEx claim process will be completely out of your control, you’ll want to take advantage of any and all opportunities to keep track of its progress without having to call FedEx directly every time you have a question about how things are progressing.It is possible to use the FedEx Claims Tracking Tool online from your FedEx account dashboard, but you can also schedule reporting and view your real claims reports as they are received by visiting the FedEx Reporting Online Portal.The fact that FedEx is interested in keeping you as informed as possible about your undeliverable shipments is comforting at the end of the day.It might feel like you’re being thrown into the wind and left to your own devices when dealing with other shipping partners.They may just perform an insignificant search for your parcel or take a long time to process your claim.
- FedEx employees will never treat you in such a manner.
- They are professionals.
- They take their reputation extremely seriously and will do all in their power to ensure that you receive your shipment or receive enough compensation to cover all of your losses as soon as possible.
Need to File a Claim on Multiple Packages?
Using FedEx, it is also simple to file claims for several missing items at the same time, since the company allows you to batch process up to 200 separate tracking numbers at the same time.For this strategy, however, you’ll need to have already registered a free FedEx account in order to take use of the bulk reporting features.It is possible to submit a typical claim without creating this account at first (unless you want extensive reporting), but if you want them to search for several packages and pay out the coverage on many claims at the same time, you will need this account ready to go.
Modernize Your Mailbox with US Global Mail
It is always upsetting to lose a shipment, but not being able to receive parcels at your USPS PO Box may be just as (if not more) annoying than losing a delivery.Unfortunately, for the most majority of people who have a PO Box through the United States Postal Service, this is just a cold reality they’ve had to deal with since joining up with the post office in the first place.Fortunately, when you opt to update your mailbox with a virtual mailbox account from US Global Mail, you avoid all of the headaches and hassles associated with that process altogether.The use of a legitimate street address (not just a PO Box number) as your mailing address grants you the ability to have all packages and parcels shipped by companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, or even the United States Postal Service sent to that address and received on your behalf through US Global Mail.Add in the fact that US Global Mail also provides services such as digital mail scanning (and that’s just the tip of the iceberg), mail forwarding, check depositing, and privacy protection, and it’s easy to understand why so many people choose it.
- Check out the US Global Mail website for additional information and specifics, or get in touch with their customer service department if you have any queries right now!