The John Cooper Works package is designed to make the MINI a specially tuned high performing street car. The John Cooper Works package includes exclusive upgrades to the interior and exterior of the MINI. You’ll enjoy ergonomic features like a new leather steering wheel with music controls and F1-style paddle shifters.
What is the John Cooper Works Sport pack?
It’s got all the features of the CHILI pack plus bigger wheels, technology and sportier trim. The John Cooper Works Sport Pack brings motorsport style and racetrack thrills to a select few used MINI 3-Door Hatch, MINI 5-Door Hatch and MINI Convertible models.
What is John Cooper Works (JCW)?
John Cooper Works, or JCW for short, is the exclusive in-house tuning, development, and international automotive racing division for MINI. Although founded in 2002, John Cooper Works has been associated with MINI since 1961.
What is a John Cooper Works Mini?
With options like a full body aero kit, exclusive two-tone color schemes, and Dinamica microsuede upholstery, a John Cooper Works MINI elevates its pedigree even further. Interested in getting behind the wheel of a new MINI John Cooper Works vehicle?
What is the appearance package on the John Cooper Works GP?
The appearance package offers standard JCW buyers a taste of the limited-production GP edition. Mini unveiled its bonkers John Cooper Works GP last year at the 2019 LA Auto Show. With 302 horsepower (255 kilowatts) and a snazzy body kit that includes a gigantic roof spoiler, it’s arguably the most visually shocking Mini of them all.
What is John Cooper’s package?
Cars fitted with the John Cooper Works Pack include the John Cooper Works aero kit, which gives the vehicles their aggressive appearance and lends the front, rear and flanks of the MINI Hardtop and MINI Convertible an undeniably sporting flavor.
How do you tell if a MINI Cooper is a JCW?
Type the reg into the government MOT check website. If it’s a JCW it will say Mini John Cooper Works.
What is JCW Sport pack?
The John Cooper Works Sport Pack brings motorsport style and racetrack thrills to a select few used MINI 3-Door Hatch, MINI 5-Door Hatch and MINI Convertible models.
Are MINI JCW supercharged?
In 2007, Mini released the JCW tuning kit for the new ‘R56’ version of the car. This new version now being turbocharged as opposed to supercharged, the kit itself is very different from that of the previous Cooper S.
How do I know if my JCW is a factory?
Externally, you will see the JCW badge at the front on the bottom grille ONLY and at the back there will be no Cooper S sign whatsoever, there will be a JCW badge on the right hand side I believe. Also the exhaust tips should have no JCW logo on them, they are just bare chrome tips.
Is the JCW fast?
The fastest MINI Cooper is the MINI Cooper Clubman JCW ALL4, with a 0 to 60 time of 4.6 seconds. Of course, all MINI Cooper SAVs® are energetic, fun to drive, and agile.
Is JCW Tuning Kit worth it?
The JCW intake would probably be worth it (IMO). The tune is a mild factory tune and you would make more power from the AP or RMW stage 1 tunes once they are available. You could spent that $2200 on just parts w/o a tune and make the same if not more power and then get a tune once they are available.
Is JCW lower than Cooper?
The JCW engine is the exact same engine as is installed in the BMW 225i Active Tourer in Europe. All indications indicate it’s a lower boost version of the engine in the forthcoming facelifted 252HP BMW 330i. *Compression Ratio for the Cooper S = 11.0:1, and JCW = 10.2:1.
What does ALL4 mean on mini?
The MINI Countryman & MINI Clubman with ALL4 all-wheel drive gives you all the control you need for all roads in all seasons. Whether you’re climbing mountain roads or crushing city streets, get all the handling and enhanced agility you need at every turn.
How many gears do MINIs have?
There are 7 Speed gears available in MINI Cooper 3 DOOR.
How do I know what engine I have in my MINI Cooper?
How Do I Know What Engine Is In My Mini Cooper? It is not uncommon for MINI engines to be equipped with a serial number printed on their ID tags. This appears above the oil pan on the left side of the engine. This information will give you all you need to know in a flash.
What is included in a MINI excitement pack?
Mini Excitement Pack (offers analysis based on your driving style and makes suggestions based on feedback) Passenger seat height adjustment. Automatic lights and windscreen wipers. Sport leather steering wheel.
What is the MINI exclusive pack?
Exclusive presents an alternative to Sport at the same price, but with the focus on comfort and style rather than sportiness. It brings an indulgent MINI Yours ‘lounge’ leather interior with matching leather steering wheel and is distinguished outside by chrome exterior trim and ‘exclusive’ alloy wheels.
What is included in MINI pepper pack?
The Pepper Pack adds more comfort to your MINI, including a sport leather steering wheel, floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, storage compartment pack, MINI Excitement Pack, rain sensor and automatic headlight activation, automatic, air conditioning, interior lights pack, mirror caps in body, colour for One/D
What is mini John Cooper Works?
MINI’s legendary performance rises to new heights with exclusive John Cooper Works upgrades. Like an ergonomic leather steering wheel with music controls and F1-style paddle shifters. A sport exhaust that unleashes your MINI’s voice, crackles and all.
What is John Cooper Works (JCW)?
John Cooper Works, or JCW for short, is the exclusive in-house tuning, development, and international automotive racing division for MINI. Although founded in 2002, John Cooper Works has been associated with MINI since 1961.
Who makes John Cooper works cars?
John Cooper Works. John Cooper Works (JCW) is an English company based in Farnborough, Hampshire, founded in 2000 by Michael Cooper, son of John Cooper, the racing car maker and tuner responsible for the original Mini Cooper and owned by BMW.
What does a John Cooper Works tuning kit include?
The tuning kit includes a small plaque with a unique serial number mounted on the engine, as well as front and rear JCW emblems. The power is increased 12 kW from the standard 135 kW to 147 kW. In mid-2008, Mini brought out a new addition to the JCW family – the Mini John Cooper Works.
John Cooper Works Package – Braman MINI WPB
John Cooper is regarded as a legend in the MINI community.The first MINI was created by the racing car manufacturer and tuner, who was also the brains behind the design.Today, the brand pays homage to its illustrious past with its range of John Cooper Works MINI Coopers.Powered by high-performance engines, they are designed with distinctive design aspects that distinguish them from the competition.It is the goal of the John Cooper Works package to transform the MINI into a particularly tailored, high-performance street vehicle.The John Cooper Works package provides special enhancements to the MINI’s interior and appearance that are only available through John Cooper Works.
- You’ll like ergonomic elements such as a new leather steering wheel with audio controls and paddle shifters in the style of Formula One.
- MINI Coopers from John Cooper Works are available with an optional complete body aero kit, sports exhaust, and optional Nitron suspension with independently adjustable front and rear dampers, among other options.
- The net result is improved performance and comfort, but let’s not forget about the aesthetics as well.
- A fully enhanced aesthetic and feel are provided by the JCW package, which includes new one-of-a-kind color schemes as well as Dinamica microsuede upholstery.
- MINI Coopers from John Cooper Works are powered by a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque.
- It comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, but it is also available with an automatic transmission.
- The brake system, as well as the LED headlights and taillights, have been improved.
- With 17-inch alloy wheels, this vehicle is designed for performance and driveability, making it an excellent choice for individuals searching for a commuter car that is truly enjoyable to drive.
- MINI is well-known for its quirky, efficient design as well as its superb (and really enjoyable) handling.
- Choosing the John Cooper Works package ups the ante and provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Are you ready to take it all in for yourself?John Cooper Works is a category of work.
MINI Packs Explained
One of the most exciting aspects of purchasing a new or old automobile is customizing it with additional features and styling to make it completely unique to you.Despite the fact that it may appear difficult and perhaps pricey, when it comes to purchasing a pre-owned or new MINI, your options are as straightforward as they come.Whether you purchase a new or used MINI, you will have the option of selecting from a variety of cheap packages that will improve the practicality, design, and technological equipment of your car.These can include features that can elevate the performance, safety, and pleasure of your MINI to a higher degree.We at Dick Lovett MINI are well aware that MINI drivers like leaving their mark.Because of this and in order to clarify all of the MINI packages available, both on our vast variety of used MINI vehicles as well as the new MINI line, we’ve produced a guide.
- MINI makes it even easier to personalize your MINI for the 2018 model year.
- The old salt, pepper, and chili packets were replaced with three new designs: the Classic, the Sport, and the Exclusive styles.
- Standard equipment was improved, and pack choices were condensed to focus on comfort and navigation rather than just functionality.
- Automatic headlights and wipers are now standard on all models, as is ambient interior lighting, as well as the MINI logo projection on the outside, which flashes the emblem onto the ground at night.
- Take a closer look at the Navigation, Comfort, and Driving Assistant packages available on new and newer MINI models – from 2018 onwards – first, followed by the popular Salt, Pepper, Chili, and John Cooper Works packages available on older used MINIs.
- For more information on the new MINI range, which includes three distinct styles – Classic, Sport, and Exclusive – check out our guide here.
MINI packs on newer models
MINI bundle contents and pricing are now identical across all new MINI models introduced in 2018, making purchasing decisions even more straightforward for customers.Two new MINI Comfort packs include the most popular driver and passenger comfort enhancements, while two new MINI Navigation packs provide the most advanced in-car infotainment, navigation, and web connectivity available.It comprises capabilities and features that will enhance your driving experience, allowing you to handle travels with more ease as you progress through the package.These packs are available on MINI vehicles starting in 2018 – though there are some differences between what those packs include in 2018 and what those packs include with new models starting in 2021, with the new models starting in 2021 having more features inside the packs as standard – and they are available on MINI vehicles starting in 2018.2022 MINI Models on the Market With features such as automatic air conditioning, seat heating for the driver and front passenger, passenger seat height adjustment, and a storage compartment pack, the MINI Comfort Pack is designed to improve the degree of comfort for the driver and passengers.The Comfort Access System is also included in the package on 2021 vehicles, and Rear Park Distance Control is now standard on all models, whereas it was previously only offered as a standard feature on the MINI Countryman and MINI Convertible, respectively.
- The Comfort Plus Pack, which includes all of the features of the Comfort Pack as well as fantastic extra functions, will give even more comfort for your MINI driving experience than the Comfort Pack alone.
- This package is available on models from 2018 to 2020 and features a rear view camera, folding and auto dimming mirrors with a dipping parking function, Parking Assistant, and Park Distance Control to assist with parallel parking.
- While the Comfort Access System and Rear Park Distance Control on the new MINI Hatch Classic models are included in the package on 2021 models, these features are standard on all other versions.
- When equipped with the optional Driving Assistant Pack, a camera-based driving aid system that detects and reports speed limits and no-overtaking zones is available to you.
- In 2018, pedestrian warning and approach control warning were included, which assisted drivers in avoiding potential collisions.
- In 2021, features such as Lane Departure Warning with steering wheel vibration, Speed Limit and Traffic Sign Information, City Collision Mitigation, High Beam Assistant, and an Electronic Parking Brake will be included, as well as other features.
- When it comes to the 2018-2020 MINI models, the Navigation Pack is standard on the MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman, while it is offered as an optional feature on the MINI Hatch and MINI Convertible vehicles.
- MINI’s Navigation System with 6.5-inch display, MINI Connected, Apple CarPlay, and Visual Boost Radio are all included in the package price.
- The MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman models are equipped with extra features such as Real-Time Traffic Information, ConnectedDrive Services, and Remote Services, among other things.
- The Navigation Pack is now included as standard equipment on all new MINI Electric vehicles beginning in 2021.
On top of that, a larger 8.8-inch version of the Navigation System’s center display panel has been added to the system.You may also upgrade to the Navigation Plus Pack, which has even more capabilities than the Navigation Pack and is available for an additional cost.Among the multimedia features available on models from 2018 to 2020 are a Digital Cockpit display, a Concierge Service, MINI Connected XL – which can assist you in planning a trip, finding your car if you’ve left it in a specific location, and other functions – and Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging.The Navigation Plus Pack is included on all 2021 MINI models and contains the Head-up Display function, which would have been required as an optional extra for vehicles manufactured in 2018-2020.View the latest MINIs for sale.
MINI packs on older used models
The packs are available for pre-owned and used MINIs manufactured between 2001 and 2018, and are divided into four categories: salt, pepper, chili, and John Cooper Works.The packs add a splash of colour and excitement to the already colourful model range.What you can anticipate from each bundle is as follows: The MINI SALT package, which is available on used MINI One models, includes a leather steering wheel as well as a slew of practical features such as velour floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, a storage compartment pack, front fog lights, silver interior trim, an interior lights package, an on-board computer, and a rev counter.The Pepper pack, which is available on used MINI One and MINI Cooper cars, adds some comfort and clever design elements to the exterior and interior of the vehicle.Sport leather steering wheel, air conditioning, storage compartment pack, interior light, automatic lamp activation, 16-inch alloy wheels, and more are all standard equipment on the X5.Used MINI Cooper, MINI Cooper S Hatchback, MINI Clubman, and MINI Convertible cars may be given a new lease of life by adding some spice.
- All of the amenities included in the MINI Pepper Pack, as well as some additional ones, are available with the MINI Chili Pack.
- These include multi-functional steering wheel controls, LED headlights and foglights, MINI Driving Modes, and leather sport seats, among other things.
MINI John Cooper Works Sports Pack
The John Cooper Works Sport Pack is available on a limited number of used MINI 3-Door Hatch, MINI 5-Door Hatch, and MINI Convertible cars, and it adds motorsport style and racetrack thrills.Because of a split-level John Cooper Works spoiler, aggressive front and rear bumpers, sports suspension and 17-inch Track Spoke alloy wheels in black as well as plenty of technology, it provides your MINI a sportier, more assertive appearance.Having learned about the numerous MINI Packs available on both new and used models, it’s time to put your knowledge to work and design your dream vehicle.Talk to one of our friendly and qualified MINI professionals by calling or visiting a Dick Lovett MINI Centre now.Inquire Immediately
What is John Cooper Works?
$31,900 Starting MSRP* 28 Estimated Combined MPG** Starting MSRP* 28 The JCW Hardtop 2 Door has seating for four people and is powered by a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque.There’s also a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, an automatic transmission as an option, an upgraded JCW brake system, an optional Nitron suspension system, selectable driving modes, a sport exhaust system, LED headlights and tail lights, a full JCW aerodynamic body kit, JCW Sport front seats with stitched logo, Dinamica microsuede interior with JCW striping, anthracite headlining, a leather JCW steering wheel, climate control, Apple CarPlay, VIEW INVENTORY OF THE HARDTOP 2 DOOR
$36,900 Starting MSRP* 28 Estimated Combined MPG** Starting MSRP* 28 The JCW Convertible has seating for four people and is powered by a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque.Features include a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, an automatic transmission as an option, a more powerful JCW brake system, an optional Nitron suspension system, selectable driving modes, a sport exhaust system, LED headlights and tail lights, a 3-in-1 power folding convertible top, a full JCW aerodynamic body kit, JCW Sport front seats with stitched logos and an optional heater, Dinamica microsuede interior with JCW striping, anthracite headlining, CHECK OUT THE CONVERTIBLE INVENTORY
$35,900 Starting MSRP* 26Est.Combined MPG** Starting MSRP* 26Est.The JCW Clubman has seating for five people and is powered by a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo Valvetronic 4-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.Standard features include a 6-speed manual transmission with an option for an automatic transmission, ALL4 all-wheel drive, an upgraded JCW brake system, selectable driving modes, a sport exhaust system, LED headlights and tail lights, available roof rails, a full JCW aerodynamic body kit, 48 cubic feet of storage space, JCW Sport front seats with stitched logo and an available heater, Dinamica microsuede interior with JCW striping, anthracite headlining, leather JCW VIEW CLUBMAN INVENTORY FOR ALL4 CLUBMAN
$37,900 Combined MPG** based on estimated starting MSRP* of 25.The JCW Countryman has seating for five people and is powered by a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo Valvetronic 4-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.The vehicle is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, an automatic transmission as an option, ALL4 all-wheel drive, an upgraded JCW brake system, selectable driving modes, a sport exhaust system, LED headlights and tail lights, aluminum roof rails, a power tailgate with an optional Picnic Cushion, a full JCW aerodynamic body kit, 48 cubic feet of storage volume, JCW Sport front seats with stitched logo and an available heater, Dinamica microsuede interior with VIEW INVENTORY OF THE COUNTRYMAN ALL4
Mini John Cooper Works GP Pack Adds Visual Punch To JCW Hardtop
On June 9, 2020, at 7:43 p.m.ET Mini presented its insane John Cooper Works GP concept car at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show last year.Because of its powerful 302 horsepower (255 kilowatts) and flashy body modification, which includes a massive roof spoiler, it is undoubtedly the most aesthetically arresting Mini ever built.It is without a doubt the quickest, with a 0-60 time of around 5 seconds dead.The Mini pictured here, on the other hand, is not the JCW Grand Prix.Instead, it’s the JCW GP Pack, which in this case refers to an appearance package that may be installed on top of the basic JCW system.
- You won’t receive the boy-racer bodywork from the GP, but you will get the GP’s Racing Grey metallic exterior with Melting Silver accents on the roof, mirror caps, and spoiler as part of the package.
- The use of black trim on the hood scoop, door handles, and fuel door adds even more emphasis to the overall appearance.
- On the outside, the vehicle receives extra black trim on other external components such as the grille and headlight surrounds, as well as GP branding on the entrance strips.
- Inside, the car receives more black trim on other exterior components such as the grille and headlight surrounds.
Gallery: Mini John Cooper Works GP Pack
Inside, the GP Pack includes sport seats with a Leather Dinamica surface, a customized steering wheel with red contrast stitching, and additional GP identifiers for the seats and floormats, among other features. If you choose the automatic transmission, the paddle shifters on the steering wheel will also indicate GP.
Big News From Mini:
The remainder of the car is still a standard-issue JCW, including the interior.So the engine produces 228 horsepower (170 kW) and sends it to the front wheels either a six-speed manual transmission or an eight-speed automatic transmission, depending on the trim level.With larger brakes and retuned suspension, the Cooper JCW is more energetic on the road as well as on the track when compared to its basic counterpart.However, with a 0-60 speed of roughly 6 seconds flat, it is far from being seen as a slouch model in comparison to the GP.On average, you can save more than $3,400 off the manufacturer’s suggested retail price* on a new MINI.Hardtop Mini has stated that the new JCW GP Pack will be available for purchase in July 2020.
- Prices for the sporty package have not been released at this time.
- MiniHide’s press release served as the source.
- Display the press release The MINI John Cooper Works now has a new special edition option.
- MINI John Cooper Works GP, built in a limited edition, brings the captivating atmosphere of the MINI John Cooper Works GP on the road and into everyday life via the use of exclusive design elements.
- The MINI John Cooper Works now has a new special edition option.
- MINI John Cooper Works GP, built in a limited edition, brings the captivating atmosphere of the MINI John Cooper Works GP on the road and into everyday life via the use of exclusive design elements.
- It is the pinnacle of extreme driving excitement in the premium sector for compact cars.
- The MINI John Cooper Works (combined fuel consumption: 7.1 – 6.9 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 162 – 157 g/km) is the most fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly vehicle available.
- A rare treasure, the new MINI John Cooper Works GP, outperforms it in terms of inspiringly athletic features.
Its combined fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are both only 167 g/km, making it the most fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly car on the road.Most notably, it is on the racing track that the company’s engine and drivetrain architecture reaches its greatest potential.Using the MINI John Cooper Works, the intriguing character of the car, which was produced in a tiny number of just 3 000 units, may now be transposed to everyday life on the road.From July 2020 onwards, the John Cooper Works GP Pack will be available for purchase and installation on this vehicle.Authentic race-track flair will be brought to the road via the pack’s distinctive design and equipment qualities.The John Cooper Works GP Pack has a number of choices that are particularly well suited for those who wish to exhibit their motor-sport love in an extra intense manner.
The complete contents of the MINI John Cooper Works package is precisely coordinated with the style and spirit of the MINI John Cooper Works.The content was created on the basis of expert knowledge gathered on the race track in the blazing sun, which has assisted all of the John Cooper Works models to achieve breathtaking performance, and it was derived directly from the development process for the new MINI John Cooper Works GP, which will be released later this year.Because of this material, the MINI John Cooper Works is able to fine-tune its sporty profile in a manner that is exceptionally realistic.
- Racing The body is grey metallic, and the contrast color is a bright red.
- So far, the coachwork livery of the new MINI John Cooper Works GP has been reserved only for Melting Silver metallic for the roof, John Cooper Works rear spoiler, and mirror caps, with the exception of the John Cooper Works front spoiler.
- With the black engine bonnet scoop, black door handles, and black fuel lid, the two extreme athletes’ close bond is now highlighted even more clearly than before.
- The ″GP″ emblem is inscribed on the centre caps of the 18-inch lightweight alloy wheels in the design John Cooper Works Cup Spoke, which are made by John Cooper Works.
- Aside from the Piano Black headlight surrounds and darkened inner parts for the headlights and rear lights, other distinctive features of the new John Cooper Works GP Pack include the black MINI logo on the bonnet and tailgate as well as the entry strips, which bear the ″GP″ logo as well as the MINI logo on the bonnet and tailgate.
- With its unfettered everyday roadability, the MINI John Cooper Works succeeds despite its very distinct motorsport-inspired inspiration.
- On four seats, the MINI John Cooper Works GP offers the unmistakable race sensation, whilst the MINI John Cooper Works GP has been developed as a two-seater to continually epitomize high athletic performance, as seen in the MINI Cooper S.
- The new John Cooper Works GP Pack comprises John Cooper Works sports seats in a Leather Dinamica finish with the ″GP″ emblem, as well as a John Cooper Works steering wheel.
- The emblem is also included on the floor mats for the driver and front passenger, and the red stitching on both the front and rear mats complements the rest of the vehicle.
The leather steering wheel from John Cooper Works, which is also included in the new GP Pack, has been fashioned according to a unique idea.The steering wheel is made of Walknappa Leather and has red stitching around the circumference, as well as a 3D printed metal center marking for the 12 o’clock position.The metal shift paddles on the steering wheel, which are imprinted with the ″GP″ emblem and are associated with the optional 8-speed Steptronic Sport gearbox, are likewise made using a 3D printing method.The MINI Original accessory line features a diverse selection of eye-catching items for further personalizing your MINI, many of which are specifically designed to complement the motor-sport flare of the John Cooper Works GP Pack.
The MINI John Cooper Works’ dynamic allure may be further improved by the addition of a stitched carbon bonnet scoop, side scuttles, and a tailgate handle, in addition to a black waistline finisher to the front and rear bumpers.A variety of interior embellishments, like as the John Cooper Works shift knob and the John Cooper Works hand-brake grip in carbon fiber with an Alcantara gaiter, contribute to the creation of an even more intense sports-car atmosphere.
Explore the MINI John Cooper Works Package
Stopping by South Motors MINI is a must when you want to modify your car and learn more about the John Cooper Works distinction in the automotive industry.Our MINI dealership is proud to offer an excellent line-up of the MINI John Cooper Works, which are distinguished by their high performance, as well as their use of advanced technology and design.Visit our MINI dealership now to find out more about the MINI John Cooper Works Package and how it may benefit you.
The Ultimate MINI Line Up
In addition to the MINI John Works Cooper package, there is an excellent selection of automobiles available.This racing car lineup comprises the MINI John Cooper Works Hardtop 2 Door, which has a 228-horsepower turbocharged engine, as well as the MINI John Cooper Works convertible, which boasts the same turbocharged engine, specific performance upgrades, and an Aero Body Kit for great styling.Additionally, the MINI John Cooper Works package includes the all-wheel-drive Clubman All4, which offers superior performance, ALL4 all-wheel drive for dependability and stability, as well as a stylish interior and appearance.The Countryman All4 is the final MINI John Cooper Works vehicle to be introduced into the lineup.In addition to its numerous honors, this vehicle’s sport suspension and roomy interior are enhanced by its status as the biggest grade offered with the MINI John Cooper Works package.
Signature Design Elements
The fact is that all MINI models have a distinct sense of style.The MINI John Cooper Works package adds even more distinguishing design features to the MINI.Modern improvements, such as a full body aero kit and dramatic color schemes, such as the distinctive two-tone scheme, can be seen throughout the vehicle, from the outside to the inside.The inside of the MINI John Cooper Works vehicles is designed to make your daily driving experience as comfortable as possible.Then, while appreciating the digital cockpit, infotainment system, and entertainment system, burrow into the Dinamica microsuede upholstery.
Premium Performance Upgrades
The MINI John Cooper Works package, inspired by the renowned race vehicle, adds even more power to your daily driving experience.This famous car not only includes a twin-turbocharged engine as standard equipment, but it also includes performance components like as paddle shifters in the manner of Formula One and a sport exhaust system unlike any other.The optional Nitron suspension has rear and front dampers that can be adjusted independently, and the award-winning engineering ensures that each drive is as precise as the last.Take a test drive in the MINI John Cooper Works at South Motors MINI and feel the power for yourself.This vehicle’s comfortable front and back seats, stylish alloy wheels, and exceptional power are all features we are convinced you will like.
Test Drive the MINI John Cooper Works Today
The crew at South Motors MINI is excited about the opportunity to demonstrate the power and high-end styling of the MINI John Cooper Works on the road.This powerful car, which is available in four different trims, pays homage to its racing heritage while also incorporating contemporary enhancements.Schedule a test drive now to experience for yourself why the MINI John Cooper Works package continues to gain appeal among drivers who value performance and style.
The John Cooper Works Package
MCS owners, both present and prospective, may learn more about the new JCW package offered through MINI2.″John Cooper Works has transformed the MINI Cooper S top model into a fantastic driving machine by installing an even more powerful and faster revving compressor.Performance numbers can be compared to those of well-known sports vehicles, such as the Porsche 911 GT3 R.This power pack has a peak speed of 226 kilometers per hour (147 kilometers per hour) and produces 200 horsepower (147 kW) at 6,950 rpm.The substantial torque of 240 Nm available at 4,000 rpm propels the powerful MINI to 100 km/h in in 6.7 seconds, making it the fastest car in its class.The car’s pulling strength is also rather impressive: it takes only 5.6 seconds to accelerate from 80 to 120 kilometers per hour.
- The cylinder head and engine electronics had to be modified in order to operate the new compressor at the higher rpm level and load pressure that the new compressor provided.
- The car’s acoustic effect is enhanced by the use of an unique rear silencer.
- The appropriate attire for the MINI with a lot of power.
- For the customized MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S models, not only does John Cooper Works provide sports seats but it also offers an 18-inch wheel rim that has never been seen before on a MINI.
- This helps to further enhance the sporty driving feel.
- In order to increase lateral grip, the edges of the sports seats have been lifted, the shoulder region has been reinforced, and the thigh support may be modified in order to give more comfort and safety.
- The seats are available in virtually all standard colors and upholstery patterns, and they may be purchased with or without seat heating as an option.
- The Easy-Entry feature has remained mostly unaltered.
- The MINI’s strong and athletic appearance is further enhanced by its 18-inch light-alloy wheels.
- The 205/40 R18 tyres are mounted on wheels with a star spoke pattern and five widening spokes″ (MINI2.com) All information pertaining to the United States will be revealed, most likely at the New York car show, and will be available for quick delivery or installation at any MINI dealer location in the country.
The prices have not yet been announced.
How much is a John Cooper Works package?
It is the fastest front-wheel-drive car we have ever tested, and it is a limited-edition Mini John Cooper Works GP with enough horsepower and attitude to compete with the best. Mini is relying on 3000 purchasers to believe that a two-door Mini hardtop with 301 horsepower, carbon-fiber fender flares, and a $45,750 price is an irresistibly excellent idea, and that they will do just that.
How much is a Mini John Cooper?
|Full Specs Current Specs Reflect Model Year 2020 MINI John Cooper Works||John Cooper Works Hardtop||John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4|
|Price Starts At||$32,900 *||$41,500 *|
|Vehicle Shown At||$32,900 *||$44,900 *|
|Seating||4 Adults||5 Adults|
|Doors||2 Doors||4 Doors|
Is Mini JCW AWD?
All-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission are included as standard equipment on the JCW. In contrast, while straight-line speed is the Countryman’s superpower, the car fails to capture the spirit of Mini’s ″go-kart″ driving attitude.
What is the fastest Mini Cooper you can buy?
MINI Cooper Clubman JCW ALL4 is a four-door MINI Cooper. The MINI Cooper Clubman JCW ALL4 is the quickest MINI Cooper, with a 0 to 60 time of 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph. Without a doubt, all MINI Cooper SAVs® are dynamic, entertaining to drive, and nimble.
Is a MINI Cooper worth buying?
Yes, the Mini Cooper is a competent subcompact automobile. It’s available in three body types – the two- and four-door Mini Hardtop, as well as the Mini Convertible – and it’s a blast to drive because to its powerful engines and responsive handling. The interior is attractive and modern, and the technological elements are simple to operate.
Is Mini JCW a good car?
Mini JCW: the last say It’s still like that in 2021, and it’s still such a blast to drive that you can forgive it for being a little too stiff in the city. Certain elements detract from the overall experience, but the JCW is a fantastic bag of fun that should be purchased with the manual in hand and enjoyed while you still have the option to do so.
MINI launches the John Cooper Works GP Pack
A tribute to motorsport, the MINI John Cooper Works GP Pack incorporates the unmistakable dynamic flair of the high-end, limited edition MINI JCW GP hot hatch into the regular MINI John Cooper Works.Customers who are interested in this exclusive external and interior modification package will be able to select it starting in July 2020.As is standard with MINI vehicles, the optional John Cooper Works GP Pack will be installed on their vehicles before they leave the assembly line.
To the range-topping MINI JCW GP, the John Cooper GP Pack now includes the Racing Grey metallic paintwork with the Melting Silver contrasting color adorning the roof, the outside mirror casings, and the rear spoiler, which were previously only available on the John Cooper GP Pack.Other distinctive features of the John Cooper Works Pack include the engine bonnet air vent, radiator grille, fuel lid, and door handles, all of which are black in color.The optional kit also includes 18-inch alloy wheels with the JCW design and the GP insignia on the wheel hub caps, which are also included.
- Piano Black headlamp outlines, darker headlight and tail light inlays, and glossy black MINI insignia for the engine hood and tailgate are just some of the features of the John Cooper Works Pack, which will make your MINI even hotter.
- Last but not least, the new individualization package includes customized door sills with GP logos on them.
- The inside has not been overlooked, as the John Cooper Works sports seats with Dinamica leather upholstery and embroidered GP emblem are also included in the package.
- All of the floor mats are stitched with the traditional red contrast stitching.
- The GP insignia may also be found on the driver’s and front passenger’s floor mats.
In addition to being wrapped in Walknappa leather upholstery with red stitching, the JCW GP steering wheel also features a 12 o’clock position marker that has been 3D metal printed.The metal shifting paddles for the Steptronic Sport gearbox, which are placed on the steering wheel and have an embossed Grand Prix insignia, are also manufactured using 3D printing technology.Additional equipment from the MINI Original collection of accessories, including as the bonnet scoop, side scuttles, and tailgate handle finished in stitched carbon, as well as the black waistline finisher, may be specified to match the new John Cooper Works GP Pack.
Further enhancing the racetrack atmosphere aboard the MINI John Cooper Works is the option of ordering the John Cooper Works shift knob and the John Cooper Works hand-brake grip in carbon fiber with an Alcantara gaiter, both of which are standard equipment.
The John Cooper Works Package for the MINI Hardtop and MINI Convertible – Web Exclusive
As a complement to MINI’s complete models and accessory options under the John Cooper Works brand, a John Cooper Works Package has been developed for the 2011 MINI Hardtop and Convertible vehicles.This package provides customers with everything they need to express their passion for racing and give their cars a sporting allure that is both technically and aesthetically stunning.The MINI’s interior and external components are tailored to the model in order to improve handling while also ensuring that it has a striking aesthetic presence.
According to the manufacturer, the John Cooper Works Pack will be offered as a factory option starting in the second quarter of 2011.The John Cooper Works Pack includes the John Cooper Works aero kit, which gives the MINI Hardtop and MINI Convertible their aggressive look and provides the front, back, and sides of the MINI Hardtop and MINI Convertible an unmistakable athletic taste.The aero kit is available separately.
- Up front, the deep lower chin spoiler directs airflow to the lower grille aperture and the intercooler, resulting in maximum engine performance and fuel economy.
- In addition, the functional brake ducts deliver cooling air to the front brake rotors, resulting in more consistent braking performance in all conditions.
- The side skirts, which curve inward and terminate with a stylized aperture at the back, carry over the design of the MINI Challenge race car.
- The rear bumper cover has significant apertures on the back, which mimics the sporting appearance of the front bumper cover.
- The 17-inch wheels, which were previously only available on John Cooper Works versions, are also included in the package price.
The Challenge Spoke lightweight aluminum alloy wheels provide the best possible touch with the road thanks to their weight-optimized design.Additionally, the John Cooper Works Package will contain Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as well as Electronic Driveline Locking Control (EDLC) (Electronic Differential Lock Control.) These two elements are in addition to the DSC stability system, which is currently standard (Dynamic Stability Control.) Increased intervention thresholds in DTC mode, which may be enabled with the push of a button, make it simpler to move away from loose sand or snow when the wheels are spinning a little bit too much.In addition, the technology provides for regulated slip via the driven wheels when performing athletic cornering or acceleration.
When accelerating out of curves and tight turns, the EDLC system aids in maintaining a dynamic driving style.While in a tight bend, it brakes a spinning driven wheel when necessary to improve the car’s traction without impairing its self-steering capabilities.The driver may therefore feed the car through curves more smoothly and at a faster rate as a result of the increased speed.
A significant contribution to the creation of a full-blooded driving experience is made by the interior components included in the John Cooper Works Pack.Included in this category are the John Cooper Works door entry sills as well as the John Cooper Works sports leather steering wheel with red stitching.The John Cooper Works gearshift knob, which features red shift pattern writing, and the leather shift boot, which features red contrast stitching, are also standard on cars with a manual transmission.Owners of manual transmissions will particularly like the handbrake boot, which has red contrast stitching.
In addition to the MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hardtop, as well as the MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertible, customers can customize their vehicle with the John Cooper Works Package, which comes in a choice of eight body colors.As an additional option for all of the aforementioned cars, the John Cooper Works aero kit is also available separately as a stand-alone option.
Can anyone help identifying if this is a genuine JCW
Member since June 6, 2020 with 5 posts and 1 discussion starter since June 6, 2020.I am interested in purchasing a JCW small.I’ve discovered one that I’m interested in, but I’m not sure how to tell whether it’s the real deal.
What would be the most reliable evidence that it was not authentic while it was meant to be genuine?I’ve heard that it should be stamped beneath the hood, but I’ve seen a handful and none of them were stamped; is this accurate?Is there always a JCW emblem on the steering wheel, as well?
- Thank you so much for your assistance.
- 125 posts since joining on February 28th, 2020 Input the registration number into the government’s MOT check webpage.
- If it is a JCW, it will be labeled Mini.
- The John Cooper Company is based in New York City.
- Discussion starter 3 Jun 6, 2020 Posted 5 posts since joining on June 6, 2020 I’ll give it a shot, but I have to admit that I tried Parkers and Auto Trader using the registration of a couple people who claimed to be legitimate, and the only thing that came up was Cooper S.
I’ll check with the government website and get back to you, thanks.Jun 6, 2020 5 posts Discussion starter 4 Jun 6, 2020 (Joined on June 6, 2020) Okay, I’ve looked at a few and completed the.gov website.JCW was the only one who returned.
This was a newish one, and all of the others simply stated tiny mini, so this stood out.Even one that went for $8000 on a 56 reg jcw gp1 came back as a tiny mini after being reconditioned.I’m a little more perplexed now.
125 posts since joining on February 28th, 2020 Interesting.I was wondering if you could provide any samples of the ones you looked at.Posted 921 times since May 30, 2019.I just tested a random domain name from the internet, and it does indeed say ″mini.″ This, on the other hand, works.
Simply start a quotation by entering the vehicle’s registration number, mileage, and service history.On the one I examined, the number of prior owners had already been set to three, which was unusual.They must be able to obtain such information.Registered on July 18, 2017 with 997 posts Posted 921 times since May 30, 2019.
Please disregard my previous post.This one from Robby is a real winner!Registered on July 18, 2017 with 997 posts I am interested in purchasing a JCW small.I’ve discovered one that I’m interested in, but I’m not sure how to tell whether it’s the real deal.
- What would be the most reliable evidence that it was not authentic while it was meant to be genuine?
- I’ve heard that it should be stamped beneath the hood, but I’ve seen a handful and none of them were stamped; is this accurate?
- Is there always a JCW emblem on the steering wheel, as well?
- Thank you so much for your assistance.
- Do not be fooled by the fact that JCWs have black mesh inserts in the front bumper in place of fog lights.
- The JCW steering wheel is an available accessory on any model.
- In the front seats of JCWs, there are JCW insignia installed between the headrest and the seat backs.
- Although JCWs feature larger front brake calipers (in red), these are often installed on other models by owners as an aftermarket addition.
- Posted 5 times since joining on June 6, 2020 Discussion Starter 10 June 6, 2020 Discussion Starter Okay, so I used the URL above and checked at least ten people who claimed to be JCW, and none of them turned out to be.
- Despite the fact that several returned with ″175″ in brackets and one returned with ″ cooper s GP ″, the latter being the one that sold for $8000 as previously indicated.
- Even though we have come this far, we are still unsure about the authenticity of the information.
Posted 921 times since May 30, 2019.Is it possible for you to display a few of the registration numbers on your website?What kind of automobile are you looking at?What year are you looking at?Posted 9 times since joining on April 29, 2020.
Can any JCW owners confirm whether or not the V5 indicates JCW?If it does, just request a copy of the document.TX.
Tapatalk was used to send this message from my BBB100-2.Posted 1,717 times since joining on August 19, 2017.Obtain the vehicle identification number (VIN) from the bottom of the windscreen and input it here: www.bimmer.work Posted 5 times since joining on June 6, 2020 On June 6, 2020, discussion starter number 14 will be posted (Edited) Okay, I believe I can validate this with your assistance.Isn’t authentic, and it’s possible that all of the ones for sale on Ebay, as well as the ones that have previously sold on Ebay, are forgeries as well.Using the URL provided by Robby, I searched for five items on eBay before seeing one that showed JCW.
I then went to the link provided by Ventmore, and it too displayed JCW, although it did not on the.GOV website.The reg I looked for was AE08TLL, which returned JCW, which is available on eBay.One that I’m interested in is MX08ZWY, which came back as a small 175 and must just have the kit and engine kit on it.
- Thank you very much for your assistance.
- Joined on November 10th, 2018 with 3 posts.
- Okay, I believe I can validate this with your assistance.
- Isn’t authentic, and it’s possible that all of the ones for sale on Ebay, as well as the ones that have previously sold on Ebay, are forgeries as well.
- Using the URL provided by Robby, I searched for five items on eBay before seeing one that showed JCW.
- I then went to the link provided by Ventmore, and it too displayed JCW, although it did not on the.GOV website.
- The reg I looked for was AE08TLL, which returned JCW, which is available on eBay.
- One that I’m interested in is MX08ZWY, which came back as a small 175 and must just have the kit and engine kit on it.
- See attachment 69449 for further information.
Thank you very much for your assistance.In order to get your Generations accurate, you may want to start by visiting this link: Generations Correction.GEN 1 R53, GEN 2 R56, GEN 3 F56, GEN 4 R53 It is the R56 Gen 2 variants that you are looking at right now.Tapatalk was used to send this message from my SM-G960F.Joined on November 10th, 2018 Posts (total of 3) If you’re looking for a Gen 2 R56 JCW, you’ll have to decide between FJCW and a Factory Built version, which has better internals, a better turbo, and a better transmission.
- If not, you could be interested in a dealer-fit version.
- The majority of the time, this is a Cooper S with dealer installed upgrades from the catalogue.
- Tapatalk was used to send this message from my SM-G960F.
- Posts: 844 since joining on July 10th, 2017.
The issue you may be encountering is that Mini supplied a JCW spec trim kit for certain of their vehicles.I have a Cooper S that was built with an OEM JCW style package that was installed at the factory.However, the V5 will include the car’s emissions and horsepower at the time of manufacturing, which should indicate whether or not it is a legitimate JCW spec vehicle.Registered on July 18, 2017 with 997 posts One that I’m interested in is MX08ZWY, which came back as a small 175 and must just have the kit and engine kit on it.
- Thank you very much for your assistance.
- Yep Cooper S – Registered on August 8, 2020 – Joined on August 8, 2020 2 Blog Posts The automobile I had just placed in was returned with a tiny coupe!
- It’s a JCW factory roadster, of course!
- Joined on September 16, 2017 with 131 posts When it comes to automobile shopping, I utilize comparethemarket.com.
- They almost always have the correct model and specification.
how do you tell a genuine JCW from a cooper s
On September 30, 2016, I made 17 posts as a discussion starter.On October 21, 2016, I made 1.Hi Can somebody provide me a simple tutorial on how to discern if a 57 plate car is a cooper s, a cooper s with jcw pack, or a real JCW based on the license plate?
It has been reported that people have been known to just put on badges for no reason!Posted 1,628 times since joining on December 26, 2012.Check your V5C, get your car’s registration verified, and provide the dealer with the VIN number.
- Is it still necessary to check the car’s BHP?
- Joined on September 30, 2016, has 17 posts, and is a discussion starter for three people.
- Because it is a private transaction, I do not have access to any of the information at this time.
- I was curious if there were any visual cues in the engine bay or somewhere else like that.
- Posted 1,628 times since joining on December 26, 2012.
Because it is a private transaction, I do not have access to any of the information at this time.I was curious if there were any visual cues in the engine bay or somewhere else like that.In order to qualify for the FJCW, you must have 210 horsepower as standard, red brembo brakes, a jcw exhaust, a different airbox (which is higher), and the jcw bumper kit.
Dealer installed 210 KIT, which includes a remap and a different stage 1 exhaust (no red brembos or jcw bumpers), as well as an engine bay identification number to distinguish it from other Cooper S models with the kit installed.The Cooper S will only have 175bhp in terms of engine power, and it will come without jcw bumpers or brakes, as well as a jcw exhaust as standard.When you run your car’s registration, it will say Cooper S.
Joined on September 30, 2016, has 17 posts, is a discussion starter, and has 5 posts as of October 21, 2016.According to the photographs, it does not appear to have the brembo brakes, however I can just make out a name on the airbox, and it appears to have a JCW exhaust, so we’ll see what happens!Where does the dealer install the JCW 190 or 210?1,171 posts since joining on April 23, 2010.
If you provide a link to the advertisement, people should be able to tell you who you are rather quickly, I would expect.154 posts since joining on April 8th, 2016.A fJCW’s interior will feature red numerals on the gearstick instead of the usual white numbers, and there will be a tiny square chequered badge on the glovebox, as opposed to the typical white insignia.You will only notice the JCW logo on the bottom grille at the front, and there will be no Cooper S symbol elsewhere on the vehicle’s exterior.
There will, however, be a JCW badge on the right hand side, I suppose.Also, the exhaust tips should not have the JCW logo on them; they should be plain chrome tips with no branding.Posted 1,009 times since joining on January 19, 2013.The 57 plate will not be a Factory JCW, since I believe they started with a 58 plate for the first production run.
- Posted 140 times since joining on June 14, 2014.
- The brakes and the exhaust are the two most common modifications that are less likely to be installed on a Cooper S.
- Bumpers, gear shift, and other accessories are all included in the sport package and may be added to any MINI at the time of construction, even a cooper or a one-door.
- I have a sd with the majority of the JCW kit that was installed at the manufacture.
- I’m now on the lookout for brembos to use at some time in the future.
- 1 post since joining on November 20, 2020 A fJCW’s interior will feature red numerals on the gearstick instead of the usual white numbers, and there will be a tiny square chequered badge on the glovebox, as opposed to the typical white insignia.
- You will only notice the JCW logo on the bottom grille at the front, and there will be no Cooper S symbol elsewhere on the vehicle’s exterior.
- There will, however, be a JCW badge on the right hand side, I suppose.
- Also, the exhaust tips should not have the JCW logo on them; they should be plain chrome tips with no branding.
- Be careful, I have a mini Cooper S that has been upgraded by mini from new to have jcw brakes, suspension, tuning, and basically everything, including the interior.
- It has jcw on the exhausts, brembo red calipers, and a jcw air box, and pretty much everything that has been upgraded is labeled jcw, and there are also certificates from mini to authenticate it provenance, so be careful.
So I’d suggest look for papers, check certifications, and look for real labels on everything that has been done.There are also stickers in the windscreen indicating brake improvements, suspension upgrades, and so on, and there are stickers in the door close about some of the other adjustments as well.Only by checking the paperwork and consulting with Mini can you be certain of what the car is or was originally.The engine in our jcw is the same as the engine in our friend’s jcw roadster, which was also built as a jcw roadster when it was first delivered to us.The only difference between ours and theirs is that ours is supercharged and theirs is turbo.
A number of models have been released, including the 2005 R53 and the 2005 R53 lightweight.Other models include the 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, and the 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.Posted 6,184 times since joining on January 21, 2015.
apologies for the delayed response (4 years later);O) Unless your buddy has installed an aftermarket turbo system into a previously supercharged car (which is unlikely), this post belongs in the R55/56/57 area.If your car is supercharged, it has a 53/52 engine which implies it is not the same engine as your friend’s turbocharged car.The S/C vehicle is powered by a Tritec (Chrysler) engine, however the turbo car is powered by a Prince (Peugeot) engine, which is completely different.The brakes on the supercharged cars, whether JCW, GP, or otherwise, were not Brembo; instead, they had single piston sliding calipers that were the same size as the GP1 and R56S @294mm but with the early style caliper that has a banjo flexi hose attachment, whereas the R56S ones have a screw type; then there were the Brembo options, which were fixed four or six pot calipers only on the turbo JCW/GP Just a little something to think about;O)
7 986 posts since joining on June 19, 2008 This is for when you need something quick and filthy. Check your V5C, get your car’s registration verified, and provide the dealer with the VIN number. Is it still necessary to check the car’s BHP? Alternatively, search for something similar on Google for a bmw or small vin decoder.
is the JCW tuning kit worth it?
Sacred Disorder originally posted this quote.That’s because the Factory JCW comes with a mild port and polished head, lower compression pistons, a larger turbo, and 208 (N18 211?) horsepower at the crank, which is something the dealer would never tell you!I’d assume you’re somewhere in the 200-horsepower area at the wheels, and maybe 170-175 hp at the rear wheels.
On the other hand, you may spend that money on parts that are intended to provide advantages that are even greater than those produced by the JCW equipment.An increase in performance is more likely to be seen with a Turbo back than it is with the JCW cat back.The JCW intake would almost certainly be worthwhile (IMO).
- When compared to the factory tune, the AP or RMW stage 1 tunes will produce higher power once they are made accessible to you.
- You could spend that $2200 on just components and create the same amount of power, if not more, than you would with a tune, and then get a tune when they become available.
- – Brian You are completely correct in your assessment of aftermarket tuning and components.
- However, JCW tuning provides excellent sound, sufficient HP gain for street usage, a manufacturer guarantee, a trouble-free modification, and no research investment.
- In addition, the JCW tuning kit includes an exhaust manifold, which is probably the only other legitimate exhaust manifold modification available except WMW’s.
So what’s the harm in trying?That is all there is to it!Those who own a newer Mini that still has a significant amount of warranty remaining, as well as those who leased their Mini, would benefit from this offer.
Cost-wise, though, it is a tad on the expensive side.However, a nice aftermarket exhaust will cost you $800, and an AP tune would cost you another $800.The total cost is $1600, which does not include labor.
For the additional $600 you pay on the JCW kit, you receive the factory guarantee and JCW pride, as well as a tuned engine, a manifold, and an intake.Personally, I’m aware that it’s a BMW, therefore I’m grateful that I have warranty coverage.My R56 also experienced a thermostat failure, which required a 3.5-hour repair time in addition to the waterpump recall.Real horsepower improvements, on the other hand, come from downpipe and tune modifications.
However, they may also bring you into problems.A cat-less downpipe will generate an engine code, it will almost certainly violate your warranty, and it will almost certainly fail CARB emission testing.ECU flashing will almost certainly violate the warranty as well, and a more aggressive tune will result in an engine rebuild occurring sooner rather than later.I regard the FJCW to be a separate vehicle with a stronger base.
It boosts the R56’s power limit, allowing you to extract more horsepower from it with aftermarket components and tuning.Despite the fact that it only has 208 horsepower, the engine block, head, exhaust, and other components allow you to generate more horsepower, such as what AC Schnitzer achieved with 300 horsepower.
The Differences: F56 JCW vs. Cooper S
The Differences Between the F56 JCW and the Cooper S I was curious about the specific distinctions that existed between a Cooper S and a JCW 2-door hatch, so I dug through the official press releases and discovered all of the variances, both minor and substantial, that existed.Here’s what I came up with: Body *Length: Cooper S is 3850mm in length, JCW is 3874mm in length.The aero package has increased the length of the JCW by 24mm.
*Engine Oil: Cooper S requires 5.0 liters, while the JCW requires 5.25 liters.*Unladen Weight (DIN, which is ″wet″ or ready-to-drive but does not include fuel): Cooper S = 1160kg, JCW = 1205kg; JCW = 1160kg.I’m aware that this is Euro-spec, and this is where things get a little sticky.
- The Cooper S weighs 2785 pounds, while the Cooper JCW weighs 2845 pounds, according to MINIUSA.
- This is 68 lbs and 29 lbs heavier than the Unladen EU weights, which are ready-to-drive with >90 percent gasoline and an additional 75kg for the driver and luggage when the vehicle is empty.
- So, are the listed USA weights actually ″EU + extra NHTSA-mandated equipment″ as stated on the label?
- It’s just a wild guess.
- Cooper S has an aerodynamic drag coefficient of 0.31, and its frontal area is 2.09 square meters, resulting in an effective total drag of 0.65 meters.
The JCW has a coefficient of drag of 0.34, the same frontal area of 2.09 m2, and a total drag of 0.71 m2.Engine *The engine’s code is B48A20B, which stands for B48A20B.The JCW engine is the same same engine as is used in the BMW 225i Active Tourer in Europe, and it is a direct replacement for it.
All indications point to it being a lower boost variant of the engine that will power the facelifted 252HP BMW 330i when it arrives.The Cooper S has a compression ratio of 11.0:1, whereas the JCW has a compression ratio of 10.2:1.The new pistons in the JCW are clearly visible as a result of this.
It also works well with the added boost that the JCW provides.Obviously, the increased power and torque, but it’s worth noting that the torque curve in the JCW is described as being 50 RPM broader, with 320Nm available from 1250 to 4800 RPM.*Excellent work.JCW ″sports″ exhaust from the factory.