A package handler is responsible for loading and unloading packages within a warehouse or from delivery vehicles. This position requires the moving, lifting, pushing, pulling, scanning and placing of packages, boxes and other freight goods safely and efficiently following the company’s policies and guidelines.
A Package Handler, or Warehouse Package Handler, compiles, scans, seals and loads various packages before they’re delivered. Their main duties include placing items into packages, confirming packaging labels and lifting and loading heavy packages into trucks. Build a Job Description.
Warehouse Package Handlers (Batch Set-Up/Case Runners) are the key to ensuring all looped product is delivered to the right pack lanes in proper sequence and in an efficient manner to the right door. Our Case Runners loaders take great pride in ensuring accuracy in the scanning of all product into our system.
Is the UPS package handler job a good fit for You?
For a person that likes to stay active throughout the workday, the UPS package handler job is a position they should really consider giving a try. With a constantly shifting schedule and periods of non-stop business, the UPS package handler job description is a great fit for individuals who thrive in a busy work environment.
What are the requirements to be a package handlers?
Package handlers perform physical labor and must be fit enough to lift packages that might weigh between 50 and 100 pounds. This is an entry-level position. Candidates may begin by working part-time during evening or day hours.
What does a warehouse worker do?
Handling goods and documents in a busy warehouse setting. Loading/unloading packages and parcels on and off under the instructions received by supervisors. Communicate efficiently with fellow workers, supervisors and other members of the team. Well versed with automated and manual packaging machines.
What skills do you need to be a package handler?
Package Handler Responsibilities
What does a package handler do?
Package handlers assemble, seal, scan, and load parcels in order to ensure that each one is safely delivered to its destination. Package handlers work as part of a team to meet deadlines with client and company expectations in mind.
What is a handler warehouse?
A Material Handler, or Warehouse Associate, handles, moves and stores various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within a warehouse. Their main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses and making sure deliveries properly match purchase orders.
What should I put on my resume for package handler?
Top Skills for Your Package Handler Resume
What exactly does a package handler do at Fedex?
Primary job duties include ensuring successful transfer and delivery of goods to intended destinations. Additional responsibilities include sorting packages for delivery, operating heavy machinery, such as forklifts, trucks, and hydraulic conveyor belts, and, on rare occasions, picking up and delivering packages.
Can females be package handlers?
Yes, women are expected to preform at the same level as men and everyone is held to the same job standard. Help is often given when required or asked. Yes,had to do the same job as everyone. Yes women do work as package handlers.
What is the job description of a warehouse associate?
A Warehouse Associate is a professional who is responsible for fulfilling the logistics behind receiving, processing and storing inventory according to purchase orders and store policy. They also ensure that shipping schedules are met with attention to detail to ensure timely delivery and loss prevention.
Do you need a resume for UPS package handler?
Those looking to work as package handlers must show evidence of the following on their resumes – physical fitness, ability to lift and parcel all types of items, stamina, the ability to work independently, basic computer operation knowledge and communication skills.
What does a material handler do at Amazon?
Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer. Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
What is a package sorter?
Warehouse Package Handler/Sorter
Palletize freight – sorting packages, building pallets and wrapping pallets in plastic to secure freight.
Is UPS package handler hard work?
Good benefits but very demanding
Part-time as a package handler will get you access to great benefits that very few places offer for part-time workers. But the job is very demanding physically and fast-paced. Often unreasonably so. You need to be able to see a wall of packages coming at you and be able to keep moving.
How do you describe FedEx on a resume?
FedEx Drivers pick and deliver packages for FedEx and also ensure customer service. Typical resume samples for the job highlight duties such as taking phone calls from customers, sorting packages, loading the vehicle, retrieving items, collecting signatures, and keeping the vehicle clean and in good condition.
How do you write a forklift resume?
Write a Forklift Operator Resume Objective or Summary
Use the career summary when you have 2+ years of forklift experience. In a summary statement, you talk up your experience around pallet jacks, forklifts, and cherry pickers. Then you wow them with a quantifiable achievement to prove you’re the best.
How do you list a cashier job on a resume?
Mention the cashier skills you have like communication, Point of Sale (POS) systems, and attention to detail. Include resume soft skills, hard skills and technical skills. List any additional training you’ve received, like employer training in loss prevention, conflict resolution, or customer service.
What are the responsibilities of a package handler?
What is the job description of a package handler?
What are the duties of a FedEx package handler?
Package Handler Job Description
We invite you to join us at Example Co., a top business in our field in the greater Boston area.We are thrilled to have received a 4.0 rating on Glassdoor.We are searching for an experienced Package Handler to join our team and help us continue to develop.
For those who are hardworking and devoted, Example Co.is an excellent environment to advance their careers.Fill out an application right away!
Responsibilities for Package Handler
- Packages are loaded and unloaded from delivery trucks.
- Lifting and transporting big weights between locations
- Comply with all corporate regulations and procedures when performing job assignments
- Organize cargo according to the guidelines supplied as necessary
- Work as swiftly and effectively as possible while maintaining safety regulations
- Workload should be processed with the least amount of monitoring.
- Ensure that no packages are destroyed throughout the shipping process.
- Communicate efficiently with the appropriate persons in order to complete assignments.
Qualifications for Package Handler
- It is preferable if you have previous expertise as a package handler.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- a willingness to work hard and be persistent in achieving outcomes
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Dedicated to following directions to the letter
- Ability to work efficiently and successfully with little or no supervision is required.
- Possessing the physical capacity to carry big weights of up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work flexible hours, including night shifts if necessary
- Having the ability to stand and move around for lengthy periods of time
Are you prepared to hire a package handler? Job postings are a good place to start.
UPS Package Handler Job Description, Duties, Salary & More
If you are interested in beginning your career at UPS, the package handler position is an excellent entry-level position to consider.This position is responsible for much more than just loading and unloading shipments; it is also critical to the future growth of the company.The following article will go over the UPS package handler job description in detail, as well as the most critical tasks and other crucial elements to consider while applying for this position.
UPS Package Handler Job Description & Duties: What Does a UPS Package Handler Do?
People who thrive in a fast-paced workplace may find that working as a UPS package handler is the ideal career choice for them. This specialist is in charge of ensuring that deliveries are put onto the appropriate vehicles. Furthermore, the performance of the company’s distribution business is directly related to the success of this job.
UPS Package Handler Job Duties
- The most important work responsibilities linked with the UPS package handler job description are those related to loading and unloading delivery vehicles when they arrive at the processing facility and preparing for departure from there. This individual is responsible for adhering to the company’s safe package handling policies and procedures at all times. In addition, they will be operating a broad array of mechanical equipment to aid with the moving of larger packages and containers. Organize and load items into delivery vehicles
- adhere to the company’s safe package handling policies and procedures at all times.
- Unload trucks as soon as they arrive and make certain that products are stored properly
- Always adhere to the relevant postal routing instructions.
- Maintaining and operating mechanical equipment to transport large package shipments
UPS Package Handler Working Hours
Monday through Friday, with shifts spanning from early morning to late evening.Because of the nature of this employment, it is crucial to understand that shift hours can and will fluctuate somewhat from day to day.This is owing to the fact that the business is always changing and evolving.
Depending on their job status, their weekly working hours might range anywhere from 20 to 40 hours.Additionally, they may be required to work occasional extra hours during seasons of high company demand.The most usual period for this to occur is during the holidays, particularly around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Popular holiday sales events such as Presidents Day, for example, may also be particularly active.
UPS Package Handler Work Environment
Working as a UPS package handler requires this individual to be comfortable working in an atmosphere that constantly changes.In this profession, you will be required to walk constantly and do repeated activities.In addition, they must be able to lift 70 pounds on a regular basis without the aid of others, if possible.
Due to the fact that this role is located in a busy warehouse setting, the ability to move quickly is essential.Additionally, they should have no difficulty operating a wide range of mechanical apparatus as part of their day-to-day responsibilities.
UPS Package Handler Salary
Starting compensation for a UPS package handler is between $11 and $12 an hour on average, depending on experience.During certain crucial operational periods during the year, this job may become eligible for particular productivity incentives, which might increase his or her pay.This company provides a comprehensive package of benefits to qualified employees in addition to the basic salary it provides.
Health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k are just a few of the perks that the company offers.Furthermore, for specific sorts of degrees, they provide tuition reimbursement schemes as an additional benefit.
When it comes to jobs that require people to be active throughout the day, the UPS package handler position is one that they should really consider applying for.Given the continuously fluctuating schedule and periods of nonstop activity, the UPS package handler job description is an excellent fit for people who thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.If you are interested in learning more about UPS employment, you can learn more about the UPS driver position and the UPS driver assistance role, as well as other sorts of UPS opportunities in your region, by visiting the UPS career website.
FedEx Package Handler – Job Description & Salary
FedEx Package Handler – Job Description and Salary Information FedEx package handlers are responsible for a wide range of tasks in a warehouse setting.The primary responsibilities of package handlers include ensuring that commodities are delivered and transferred successfully to their designated destinations.Package handlers are required to undertake hard work and must be physically fit in order to lift shipments weighing between 50 and 100 pounds.
This is a position that is considered entry-level.As a starting point, candidates may choose to work part-time during the evenings or throughout the day.It is customary for promotions to entail increasing the amount of work completed, working longer daylight shifts, and acquiring additional hours.
FedEx- Job Description
- It is your responsibility to physically load and unload items by hand in an efficient and safe way. This includes putting, pushing, lifting, carrying, and tugging the item.
- It is possible to cycle package handlers via a variety of jobs, such as Quality Assurance, Unloader, Loader, Facer, Scan Weight and Key, and so on.
- Using safe package movement and handling procedures to assist employees and reduce the likelihood of accidents
- Communicating with coworkers and managers is essential. A FedEx package handler must be well-liked and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- The process of sorting packages and loading them into sorting machines that transport the items to loading ports.
- As well as ensuring the secure and timely delivery of commodities and shipments to their final destination
- Managing items and documentation in a high-volume warehousing environment
- Delivering and receiving shipments and deliveries from one location to another in accordance with supervisory instructions
- Communicate well with coworkers, managers, and the rest of the team
- Knows how to work with both automated and hand packing machines.
- Moving and storing resources and merchandise are two examples.
- Assistance in unloading vehicles and demonstrating collaboration with other personnel are essential.
- Managing inventory control methods and cycle counting to guarantee that shipments and packages are handled safely
- Loading large products onto a conveyor belt or into delivery vans is time-consuming.
- You can be asked to pick up and deliver things in a timely way to their specified location as well.
- Prior starting employment, the candidate must pass a physical examination to confirm that he or she is physically fit.
- As FedEx delivery carriers, applicants must pass drug tests and background checks in order to be hired.
- Applicants will be subjected to testing to determine whether or not they have the ability to adhere to workplace safety laws.
- To be considered for employment, you must be at least 16 years old to fulfill the minimum age requirement.
- The individual must be in good physical condition and possess the strength and capacity to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be dependable and capable of functioning under the direction of the employer in terms of how the packages are to be transported
- To be successful in a loud setting, one must have patience and excellent communication skills.
- Work throughout peak seasons of the year, when it is critical to achieve delivery dates, and you must be able to handle the stress of the job.
- Trucks, hydraulic conveyor belts, forklifts, and other heavy gear needed to transport packages from one location to another must be operated safely and efficiently
- Having a thorough knowledge and comprehension of how to transport and categorize goods and parcels in accordance with the supervisor’s directions
- As a result of the physical agility required for packing handling, the applicant must be dexterous and know how to handle with a range of equipment and materials in order to guarantee that the packages have been properly sealed and cushioned for safety reasons.
- Applicants must have excellent hand-eye coordination in order to be able to select out parcels in accordance with the directions that are given to them.
- While FedEx package handlers are not required to have official educational qualifications, they must be at least a high school graduate in order to be hired.
- Supervisory oversight should be reduced or eliminated.
- Applicants should have a great ability to build a routine and follow instructions
- Experience in package handling of at least one year is required.
- The ability to operate independently and use sound judgment is essential.
- Relocating items to the appropriate bin for storage or storing, as well as aiding with the putting up of merchandise in several areas
- Ability to operate an Air Trailer digital package tracking system is required.
- Coordination of client papers and goods with regional, local, and national shipping
- Being able to detect any hazardous materials that are being delivered in a timely manner
- It is necessary to keep a professional look at all times.
Fedex Package Handler Salary
- FedEx package handlers often start off earning between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour, based on their years of valuable industry expertise.
- It is possible that their compensation will increase to $13.00 an hour with hard effort, experience, and devotion.
- FedEx package handling positions are available on a full-time and part-time basis, respectively.
- Candidates, particularly working students, can take use of the flexible work hours available.
- Employees may also take advantage of the numerous career opportunities that are open to them, as well as extensive benefit packages.
- The retirement facilities, pension plans, and healthcare options available to FedEx package handlers are common.
- Employees with longer tenure and seniority are often entitled to greater job benefits.
- Despite the fact that the world of online shopping continues to expand, corporations such as FedEx are rising to the top of the food chain and reaping the benefits of the strong demand for air and ground transportation.
- Depending on the location, a FedEx package handler may make up to $12 per hour as basic pay, with extra earnings available in the form of cash incentives, profit sharing, stock bonuses, commission sharing, and tipping opportunities.
- Hourly wages, on the other hand, range from $9 to $16.
How to Get Started
- FedEx is a multinational courier delivery service based in the United States. The company is well-known for its overnight shipping services, and it has revolutionized the courier delivery industry by developing a system that can track packages and provide its customers with real-time updates on the location of their packages. This feature, which is extremely useful for tracking down misplaced parcels, has now been adopted by a number of other shipping companies throughout the world. Because of the company’s well-established reputation in the courier services industry, most people are keen to obtain employment as a package handler. The vast majority of FedEx employees begin their careers as part-time package handlers. While there is no formal schooling requirement for this position, candidates must at the very least have a high school diploma and be able to read and write in English. Here’s how you can get started in your professional life: Acquire Knowledge and Experience Candidates for the role of package handler at FedEx must have a year or more of experience in package handling or a similar field in order to be considered. If you want to land a job, gaining experience is essential, so keep your eyes out for openings. Learn More About the Positions That Are Available The moment you have completed all of the job prerequisites and have been deemed qualified to apply, it is time to go on to FedEx’s website and keep an eye out for package handler job openings. Package handlers’ shifts are often brief, making them an excellent option for college students or parents searching for part-time opportunities to supplement their income. Send your CV to [email protected] and wait for a response from someone in the recruiting department. Get Yourself in Shape Because package handling is a physically hard work, it is essential that you are physically healthy before applying for the position. Begin exercising to strengthen your muscles and increase your stamina. Keep your training sessions brief at first, then gradually increase the length of time as you become more accustomed to them. It is critical that you incorporate weight lifting into your fitness routine. In your role as a FedEx package handler, you will be responsible for lifting and transporting heavy parcels from one location to another. Begin by adhering to a brief weight-training regimen, and then progress to lengthier sessions that will assist you in reaching your objectives. Additionally, before you begin, make certain that you are familiar with the appropriate approaches. Speak with your trainer or doctor about your weight training objectives, and they will assist you in developing a healthy weight training regimen. Make sure you get enough of sleep. Exercise and lifting for a couple of hours per week is not easy, so make sure you receive enough of relaxation between sessions. This will assist you in achieving your goals throughout the day. Take a look at the big picture You may advance from one job to another if you put in the effort and attention. Starting off as a package handler may provide you with the opportunity to pursue the job you have always desired. Drivers can be promoted from package handlers if they put their hearts and minds into the job. Concentrate on obtaining a solid education and soaking up as much knowledge as you can from your employment. Additionally, obtain the certificates that will assist you in meeting the requirements for a promotion. A position in administration or management is possible if you are motivated to work your way up the corporate ladder. Learn everything you can about the position. As a package handler, you’ll need to be able to sort parcels swiftly while inflicting the least amount of harm possible. It takes time and effort to master this method. Before applying for a job, it is critical that you research the position online to verify that you are capable of dealing with the pressure. The expectation is that package handlers would operate and communicate in noisy locations, which might be problematic for persons who are sensitive to sound. As a result, it is essential that you learn more about the position before applying. Being a successful FedEx package handler is not an easy road to take, and not everyone is suited for the work due to the physical demands of the position. Before you embark on a new career, weigh the advantages and disadvantages. College students and others seeking for possibilities to earn some additional money can greatly benefit from pursuing this career path in their spare time. For more information, see: How to Write a Dental Assistant Resume That Stands Out
- What It’s Like to Be a Flight Attendant: Earning a Living on the High Seas
- Customer Service Representative: Job Description and Responsibilities
About The Author
What Does A Package Handler Do?
- It is a multinational courier delivery service based in the United States that is well-known for its overnight shipping services.
- FedEx has revolutionized the courier delivery industry by developing a system that can track packages and provide real-time updates on the location of their packages to its customers.
- As a result, various carrier services throughout the world have begun to add this feature, which is extremely useful for tracking down misplaced items.
- Considering how well-known the organization is in the courier industry, most individuals are keen to get work as package handlers for them in this position.
- In most cases, part-time package handlers are hired to begin their careers with FedEx.
- While no formal schooling is required for this position, candidates must at the very least have a high school diploma and be able to read and write in English to be considered for it.
- You can begin your professional life by following these steps: Develop Your Knowledge and Skills A year’s experience or more in package handling or a similar sector is required for candidates to be considered for the role of package handler at FedEx.
- If you want to land a job, gaining experience is essential; thus, keep an eye out for openings.
- Take a look at the current job openings It’s time to go on to FedEx’s website and keep an eye out for job openings for package handlers once you’ve fulfilled all of the employment requirements and are qualified to apply.
- Packet handlers’ shifts are often brief, making them an excellent option for college students or parents searching for part-time opportunities to supplement their income.
- To begin, send an email to recruiting with your resume attached and wait for a response.
- Take Care of Yourself Due to the physical demands of the job, being physically fit is an absolute need for package handling.
- Begin exercising to strengthen your muscles and increase your stamina and endurance.
- Initial training sessions should be brief, with the duration increasing as you become more accustomed to them.
- The inclusion of weight lifting in your training plan is essential.
- In your role as a FedEx package handler, you will be responsible for lifting and transporting large goods from one location to the next.
- Set a brief weight-training regimen for yourself and gradually increase the length of time you spend working out in order to attain your goals.
- Moreover, before getting began, make certain that you are familiar with the appropriate procedures.
- Consult with your trainer or doctor about your weight-training objectives, and they will assist you in developing a safe workout plan.
- Ensure that you are getting enough sleep Lifting packages and doing weight training for a couple of hours per week is not simple; thus, make sure you receive enough of relaxation after.
- Your ability to function effectively throughout the day will be enhanced as a result of this practice.
- Take a step back and consider the big picture You may advance from one position to another if you put in the necessary effort.
- Starting out as a package handler can pave the road for you to pursue the job you’ve been dreaming about.
- If package handlers put in the effort, they can advance to the position of driver.
- Ensure that you receive appropriate education and that you absorb as much information as possible from your employment.
- Additionally, obtain the credentials that will assist you in meeting the requirements for a promotional opportunity.
- A position in administration or management is possible if you are willing to advance your career.
- Understand the Role’s responsibilities The ability to sort goods swiftly and with the least amount of damage is essential for package handlers.
It takes time and effort to master this skill.To ensure that you are capable of handling the demands of the position, it is critical that you research it online before applying.When working and communicating in noisy situations, package handlers are required to do so, making it challenging for those who are sensitive to sounds.Because of this, it is essential that you research the employment thoroughly before applying for it.
- Being a competent FedEx package handler is not an easy road to take, and not everyone is made out for the work because it is physically hard.
- Before beginning your job, weigh the advantages and disadvantages.
- People who are in college or who are seeking for possibilities to earn some additional money can greatly benefit from pursuing this profession.
- Also see: How to Write an Outstanding Dental Assistant Resume;
An Airline Flight Attendant’s Salary and Living Arrangements; Customer Service Representative Job Description and Responsibilities
Package Handler Skills and Qualifications
- A Package Handler must possess a variety of physical and mental abilities to be successful. It is crucial to have a certain amount of stamina and strength, even though formal credentials such as schooling or specific certificates are not required. The following are some of the most important abilities and qualifications of a Package Handler: Package Handlers come into touch with the general public on a regular basis, thus excellent customer service skills are essential because they represent the company’s public face.
- Package Handlers must have excellent coordination abilities since they must move items of varying weights and sizes in a variety of locations, which requires the use of their arms and hands.
- Package Handlers must pay close attention to the directions that are given to them by their superiors.
- Physical strength and endurance are required to lift and carry a variety of package weights for extended periods of time.
Package Handler Salary Expectations
A package handler can expect to earn an average wage of $14.49 per hour on the job. This statistic is based on salary records submitted to our website in the last 36 months, both past and present. The average annual overtime compensation is $4,312 per employee.
Package Handler Education and Training Requirements
- Package Handlers are not required to have any specific educational qualifications.
- Most roles need new workers to complete around one month of on-the-job training to get familiar with their duties.
- In addition to learning safety standards, students are instructed by a supervisor or more experienced coworker throughout the training session.
- Additionally, some firms provide educational or training incentives.
Package Handler Experience Requirements
Package Handlers are not required to have any specific training or education. In order to learn their duties, new recruits are given around one month of on-the-job training in most roles. Safety standards are also imparted to them throughout the training, which is conducted by a supervisor or more experienced coworker. Additionally, some firms provide educational or training opportunities.
Job Description Samples for Similar Positions
- When it comes to hiring a Package Handler, as an employer, you may not be in the market right now. If you are searching for someone to fill a comparable role, the following are some sample job descriptions for the positions listed below: Delivery Driver, Mail Handler, and Shipping Clerk are all examples of jobs in the delivery industry.
Frequently asked questions about Package Handlers
Who does a Package Handler report to?
- Package Handlers operate as a team to package and load boxes into shipping containers.
- The majority of the time, they have a Supervisor who provides them with instructions and monitors their progress.
- Most of the time, Package Handlers will obtain their daily obligations from their Supervisor.
- They may be required to participate in one-on-one meetings in order to learn more about how they might enhance their job productivity.
- It is possible that a Package Handler will face disciplinary action from their Supervisors if they do not adhere to safety requirements.
What settings do Package Handlers typically work in?
- In accordance with their daily duties, Package Handlers can expect to operate in a range of locations.
- The bulk of Package Handlers spend the most of their shift at the warehouse, going through and scanning parcels in preparation for delivery to customers.
- The loading docks are where others will be employed, picking up parcels either by hand or with machinery and loading them onto delivery vehicles or shipping containers for distribution.
- If the Mail Clerks are currently understaffed, some Package Handlers may be assigned to work in a mailroom to supplement their income.
- They will be able to assist consumers and answer any queries they may have about packaging or sending.
What’s the difference between a Package Handler and a Mail Carrier?
- In spite of the fact that they both work for delivery businesses or the United States Postal Service, there are some significant differences between Package Handlers and Mail Carriers.
- Package Handlers are responsible for a variety of tasks, the majority of which include sorting, sealing, labeling, and loading packages for delivery.
- Package Handlers will prepare and load the items into delivery vehicles, which will then transport them to the addresses stated on the parcels.
- Package Handlers and Delivery Drivers may collaborate to sort through and prepare goods for delivery, although Package Handlers are not often responsible for driving the delivery vehicles.
- Occasionally, during busy seasons, such as the weeks leading up to the holidays, Package Handlers will accompany Mail Carriers on their routes to assist them in delivering additional parcels each shift.
What makes a good Package Handler?
- Exceptional Package Handlers should be able to flourish in high-pressure areas such as mail rooms and warehouses.
- They must also be meticulous in order to guarantee that all of the packages have the appropriate components and are delivered to the correct recipients.
- Given the fact that many Package Handlers operate heavy gear during their shift, they must always maintain a professional and responsible demeanor at all times.
- Because they must carry and handle big boxes on a daily basis and work on their feet for long periods of time, ideal Package Handler candidates must have excellent physical stamina as well as the capacity to lift and move heavy objects.
Package Handler Job Description Template
- We are looking for applicants that appreciate working in a team atmosphere and who thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Package handlers must have a keen eye for detail and the ability to adhere to instructions in order to guarantee that all things are packed, sealed, and loaded as effectively as possible at all times.
- They must also be able to precisely read labels and utilize scanners in order to guarantee that all goods are properly handled and recorded.
- It is essential that package handlers have excellent communication and understanding abilities in order to be effective.
- Individuals applying for this position should be familiar with hand tools and equipment, such as forklifts, conveyor belts, wheel rollers, and other loading tools, among other things.
- This employment may also necessitate the use of fundamental computer abilities.
Package Handler Responsibilities:
- Assemble, seal, and load items into the appropriate trucks in collaboration with the team.
- Read and understand labels to ensure that correct processing is carried out.
- Observe all safety regulations at all times.
- Lifting packages weighing up to 75 lbs is possible.
- To track parcel information, such as receipt or condition, scanners should be used.
- Sort the goods according to where they are going.
- Handtool and loading equipment proficiency required.
- Work efficiently in order to fulfill the needs of clients and the needs of the firm.
Package Handler Requirements:
- A high school diploma and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Driving record that is second to none
- Ability to lift goods weighing up to 75 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to engage in repetitious activities
- Interpersonal abilities that are second to none
- A working knowledge of the tools and equipment required to carry out responsibilities
- The ability to grasp and adhere to instructions is required.
- Communicates in a clear and succinct manner
What does a Material Handler do?
- Material Handlers are responsible for moving, managing, and storing various types of items within a company’s warehouse.
- Inventory management, order entry, and storage of the company’s products are all responsibilities of warehouse workers.
- Workers in the Material Handling industry are frequently on their feet as they load and unload goods, supplies, and other products from a variety of places such as storage and production sites as well as delivery vehicles and loading docks.
- Before loading up vehicles for delivery, the Material Handlers double-check their files and records to ensure that all inbound supplies are in accordance with the terms of the purchase orders they have received.
- They’re also in charge of storing goods in different designated areas, which they do through the use of materials such as pallets and cargo boards.
- They record the total number of units they have moved for the day in their production sheet after each unit is moved by the team.
Material Handler skills and qualifications
- In order to be a good Material Handler, a candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision, be proactive, and effectively manage other employees. Some of their other vital abilities are as follows: Certification in forklift operation
- knowledge of how to operate various types of warehousing equipment
- Data entry, mathematics, and computer abilities are required.
- Physically fit with the capacity to move things weighing between 50 and 100 pounds
- strong leadership and team management abilities
- Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Time management and organizational skills that are second to none
- written and verbal communication abilities
Material Handler salary expectations
In the United States, the average hourly wage for a Material Handler is $13.70 per hour. This pay rate may vary depending on a candidate’s talents, experience, and educational credentials, among other factors.
Material Handler education and training requirements
- Candidates who wish to work as Material Handlers in any organization must possess a high school diploma or an equivalent GED certificate.
- Some businesses, on the other hand, may prefer applicants who have received an associate degree or certification in warehouse management through technical or vocational institutes or online learning programs, as opposed to those who do not have such credentials.
- In addition to being prepared to handle the daily activities of a Material Handler, someone with an advanced degree will have administrative skills as well as understanding of accounting, purchasing, and expenditure analysis.
- In the case of an entry-level employment, however, this schooling may not be required as much.
Material Handler experience requirements
- Material Handler candidates with 1-5 years of experience operating heavy equipment and working in a warehouse setting are in high demand by most businesses.
- They also prefer people who are physically fit and have a valid forklift driving license as well.
- Experience with record keeping, data entry, and inventory management is a plus, as is knowledge of accounting software.
- Because most entry-level occupations include on-the-job training, candidates may be required to have less work experience for these positions.
Job description samples for similar positions
- A Material Handler candidate with one to five years of expertise handling heavy equipment and working in a warehouse setting is most sought after by companies. Physical fitness and certification to operate a forklift are other important considerations. Additionally, previous experience in record keeping and data entry, as well as inventory management, would be advantageous. Candidates with less experience may be better suited for entry-level employment because most of them give on-the-job training.
Frequently asked questions about Material Handlers
Who does a Material Handler report to?
- Material Handlers often report to Warehouse Managers, who are in charge of overseeing the storage, transit, and handling of a variety of different commodities, supplies, and materials in a warehouse environment.
- They also receive their daily task assignments from the Warehouse Supervisors and Supervisors.
- Material Handlers provide regular updates on the progress of production as well as daily reports to Warehouse Managers and other supervisors.
- Whenever Material Handlers come across a difficult delivery or package handling situation, they report it to the Warehouse Manager, who will assist them in resolving the situation.
What settings do Material Handlers typically work in?
- The majority of Material Handlers work in warehouses, where they are responsible for inventory management and transferring commodities to their proper placements.
- Others operate in a general position, where they accomplish a broad variety of jobs throughout the day in the warehouse and go to several loading docks in order to transport and load products.
- In addition, there are certain Material Handlers whose principal work tasks include traveling to various storage and manufacturing facilities in order to load various commodities.
- Various other Material Handlers that operate entirely in the warehouse, ensuring that the appropriate items are sent, scanned, and accounted for are also employed.
Do Material Handlers have different responsibilities in different industries?
- The majority of Material Handlers work in the supply chain business, transporting vast quantities of items to and from various storage and manufacturing facilities.
- Occasionally, Material Handlers will be employed by retail establishments, where they will be responsible for transporting particular sorts of non-hazardous things, such as apparel and different consumer goods.
- Some work for laboratories or businesses that need the transportation of dangerous substances.
- It is common practice for Material Handlers to be professionally trained to transport particular hazardous items in this situation.
- They learn how to operate motorized equipment, like as forklifts, to transport these things back and forth between their different places in a safe and efficient manner.
What makes a good Material Handler?
- To carry and transport massive, heavy goods on a daily basis, a great Material Handler must have exceptional physical stamina, coordination, and strength, among other qualities.
- It is also advantageous for ideal candidates to possess strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities in order to respond swiftly to any difficulties that may arise on the manufacturing line.
- It is also necessary to have collaboration and cooperation skills, which are frequently employed on the job, since Material Handlers work as a team to create new and more effective ways to handle and transport diverse goods.
- Material Handlers are frequently in charge of maintaining various work locations clean and orderly, as well as keeping track of and filing daily production records, therefore strong organizational abilities are required to efficiently perform these responsibilities.
Resume Success Stories
What is a Package Handler?
- When it comes to packing and loading packages of various sizes and weights, package handlers are responsible for assembling, scanning, and loading goods for delivery to consumers.
- They assist in ensuring that packages arrive securely at their intended destination.
- Package handlers may also be needed to keep track of the parcels they transport, as well as to comply to the specific safety requirements established by their employer for the transportation of packages.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the vast majority of the 640,800 package handlers employed work mostly in California, primarily in the transportation and warehousing industries, with waste management and other industries lagging close behind.
What Makes This a GreatPackage Handler Resume Example?
- The difference between being overlooked by recruiters and being discovered by them is a matter of attention-grabbing, well-written, and well-formatted resume. Our package handler resume sample, produced by expert resume writers, can guide you through the process of creating excellent content for your own resume to make it more effective. The following is an example of how our package handler resume may assist you in creating your own document: Provides information that has been expertly written: Our resume professionals will use their extensive understanding of what hiring managers are looking for to assist you in writing an engaging resume. Our certified writers are here to assist you in writing a better resume, whether it’s with phrases like ″fragile item handling″ or ″sorted packages″ in this example, or with additional, customizable text suggestions provided by our Resume Builder.
- It can assist you in selecting the appropriate format:
- The structure of a resume should be chosen in accordance with the degree of experience of the applicant. This example employs a mixture resume structure, which is most appropriate for mid-level candidates with a moderate quantity of experience. Functional forms that are focused on skills work well for individuals with little to no experience, whereas chronological formats work well for those with a lot of expertise.
- Displays relevant resume templates, such as:
- The style of the resume template you use should be influenced by your chosen sector as well as the specific employer you wish to work for. Our builder provides a plethora of possibilities for you to choose from among our diverse range of templates that best suit the culture of the business for which you wish to work as a package handler.
3 Package Handler Professional Summary Examples
- A professional summary that captures the attention of recruiters may assist applicants in making an instant and favorable first impression on them.
- Our package handler resume sample, as well as the adjustable content recommendations provided by our Resume Builder, illustrate how to add industry-relevant terms and qualifications into your resume in a straightforward manner.
- Here are a few examples of summary paragraphs that our builder could recommend:
- Three-year package handler with a lifting capability of 55 pounds and three years of experience Extremely knowledgeable in the operation of forklifts and the associated safety measures. Professional with extensive experience in correctly marking and sorting goods, as well as overseeing the appropriate and cautious handling of parcels by warehouse staff
- Expert package handling and shipping professional with extensive experience and great organizational and communication abilities. Extensive experience in designing and implementing programs to maximize warehouse floor efficiency and reduce production bottlenecks. Software skills were put to use to assist the company in managing massive databases spread across three large-scale warehouses.
Experienced package handler with seven years of industry knowledge. Awarded ″employee of the quarter″ honors for three consecutive quarters for significantly decreasing the rate of customer-reported damage upon delivery. Six Sigma-certified, with years of expertise instructing new package handlers on how to properly use forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks, among other things.
3 Package Handler Work Experience Examples
- A well-written job history section offers quantifiable data that demonstrates your accomplishments in previous positions.
- Our package handler resume sample demonstrates how to highlight the most noteworthy aspects of your job experience.
- You can also make changes to the text recommendations provided by our Resume Builder, or just utilize them as-is.
- The following are three samples from the job experience part of a package handler’s resume:
- An average of more than 300 parcels each day were loaded and unloaded by me.
- A team of six warehouse employees who have been trained to correctly categorise items using portable scanners has been assembled.
- Supervised the sorting of shipments to verify that they were delivered appropriately to one of the five distribution facilities
Top Skills for Your Package Handler Resume
- If you have a strong skills section on your resume, employers will be able to discern which of the abilities listed in the job description you also possess. Our resume samples and Resume Builder are chock-full of tips that you may use into your own writing of this part. Hard-to-Come-By Skills The basic maintenance of a conveyor belt
- fast-paced coordination
- forklift operation
- inventory management
- Soft talents include team management, listening, interpersonal skills, and organizational abilities.
Building Your Package Handler Resume with Our Builder:
Choose from a list of pre-written phrases Download, print, and complete the application
Package Handler FAQs
- Are there any specific credentials necessary to work as a package handler?
- • What is the working environment for package handlers like?
- How do you construct a CV for a package handler if you have no previous work experience?
What are the qualifications required to become a package handler?
- To work as a package handler, you do not need any professional training or certifications.
- In most cases, this is an entry-level position.
- Many package handlers undergo about a month of on-the-job training from their supervisor, during which time they learn about safety requirements and other important topics like as customer service.
- Package handlers must possess a minimal level of physical strength and stamina in order to perform their duties effectively.
- When dealing with parcels, you must also be coordinated, vigilant, and cautious at all times.
What is the work environment for package handlers?
- Work as a package handler, which is frequently done in warehouses and distribution facilities, is physically demanding.
- Occasionally, they are required to carry and transfer heavy packages from one location to another.
- When performing this task, you may be required to bend, kneel, or crouch, which may result in injury in some cases.
- The majority of package handlers work full-time, and some work more than eight hours each shift on average.
How do you write a resume for a package handler with no experience?
- Prior work experience is not required for the position of package handler.
- Having said that, producing a polished CV will increase your chances of obtaining practically any position.
- If you’re an entry-level candidate, you can utilize a functional format, which emphasizes your abilities rather than your previous work experience.
- These abilities may have been acquired in school or via participation in extracurricular activities.
- If you have any relevant certificates, you should include them on your CV as well.
FedEx Package Handler Job Description & Interview
Job Description and Duties
- What is the role of a FedEx package handler?
- FedEx package handlers must first pass a physical examination and have a valid driver’s license before they can begin working.
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds and converse well in a loud environment are also requirements for this position.
- Background checks and drug screens may also be required for employment as FedEx package handlers, depending on the company.
- Workplace SafetyApplicants are also subjected to testing to determine their understanding of workplace safety standards.
- The employment entails the transportation of products and the management of paperwork.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the successful transfer and delivery of items to their designated destinations.
- Other ResponsibilitiesIn addition to sorting items for delivery, operating heavy gear such as forklifts, trucks, and hydraulic conveyor belts, and, on rare instances, picking up and delivering parcels, other tasks include In order to be considered for employment, prospective employees must be at least 16 years old.
Salary and Compensation
- What is the amount of money they are compensated?
- Positions such as package handler are available at FedEx branch sites and are considered entry-level opportunities.
- Package handlers often start off earning around $12.00 an hour, depending on their past work experience and education.
- Experienced package handlers may expect to earn up to $14.00 an hour on average, according to Payscale.
- Scheduling that is adaptable The role offers part-time and full-time flexibility in terms of work scheduling, as well as compensated training for new workers in the field.
- Career pathways with yearly pay options and access to extensive employment benefits packages are also accessible to FedEx package handlers, who may take advantage of these opportunities.
- Advantages that are not listed above FedEx normally provides package handler employees with access to pension plans, 401(k) retirement plans, and health insurance choices, among other benefits.
- Senior or tenured employees will be eligible for additional job perks as a result of this.
- The need for ground and air transportation is increasing as the online shopping sector continues to thrive.
- Companies such as FedEx benefit from this increased demand.
- Seasonal Employment Possibilities Job seekers in the shipping and delivery business should continue to find viable career possibilities as demand grows, particularly during peak shopping seasons.
- – Following that, look for FedEx jobs in your area and review the FedEx Application website.
FedEx Freight Handler Interview Video
- Interviewer: Could you please define your work title and major responsibilities for me?
- As a FedEx Freight Handler, I was responsible for transporting parcels from small vehicles that were delivering products from retailers into the warehouse.
- After that, they are loaded into larger trucks and transported to a larger distribution hub.
- Interviewer: How did you find the work atmosphere to be?
- Freight Handler: It was a warehouse, and for anyone who has worked in a warehouse before, it wasn’t that different from any other job.
- It’s kind of hot in the summer and kind of frigid in the winter, that sort of thing.
- Interviewer: What was your favorite aspect of working at the organization?
- Working as a FedEx Freight Handler appealed to me since the hours are quite flexible.
- If you wanted to take a three-day weekend, you could put in a couple of additional hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to make up for lost time.
- That was a nice reward, to be honest.
- Interviewer: Can you tell me about the application and interview procedure in detail?
- FedEx Freight Handler: It’s not difficult at all.
- They hired me for the holidays because they needed a lot of temporary help for the holiday rush.
- If they liked what you did or if they need more personnel at that specific location, they may decide to keep you on after the holidays are over.
- However, it was a simple online application that could be completed in a matter of minutes.
- What questions did the interviewer ask you during the job interview?
- Interviewer: What questions did the interviewer ask you during the job interview?
- FedEx Freight Handler: I never actually got a chance to participate in a verbal interview.
- I put in my résumé, and they requested a cover letter as well, which explained why I wanted to work there.
- However, as far as the interview went, I’d say they were really interested in seeing whether I was capable of lifting items and if I was comfortable working in a warehouse.
- Interviewer: What distinguishes you as a candidate from the others?
- FedEx Freight Handler: One of the difficulties of working for a large corporation like FedEx is that it takes time to get things done.
- I submitted my application, and within three weeks, I received an email informing me that I had been employed.
- I never received a phone call from a real person, which was a little unusual at the time.
- In addition to that, what additional pieces of advise would you provide to a job seeker who is trying to find work?
- FedEx Freight Handler (FedEx Freight Handler): To be honest, I think there are a lot of jobs out there, and if you simply put your name in the hat, someone will get back to you.
- This is especially true in shipping.
FedEx Package Handler Interview Video
- Interviewer: Could you please define your work title and major responsibilities for me?
- FedEx Package Handler: I used to be a package handler, so I basically simply came in for the pre-sort meeting and then left.
- That was the first thing we did, and it lasted about five minutes – we spoke about what we were going to do for the rest of the morning.
- Then it’s time to go to work.
- So, let’s talk about the receiving…
- We’d unload the trucks that have already arrived and are currently receiving goods, and as the goods came over, they’d be sorted into their various destinations that we’d then send them on to in the next several days.
- Once a result, as they are sorted, they are sent to their own unique belts, which are spread throughout a lengthy line.
- We had at least 30 or so doors to choose from.
- And while they were being delivered to their respective vehicles, all we had to do was make sure to utilize a scanner, a little hand scanner that would monitor the barcode and ensure that it was being sent to the correct truck in the first place.
- It is loaded onto the truck and transported to the rear.
- And then you have to perform a fantastic job of constructing the walls so that you can fit as many packages as possible into the appropriate vehicles.
- Interviewer: What was your favorite aspect of working at the organization?
- FedEx Package Handler: I would say it was really beneficial in terms of the hours and the individuals that worked there.
- The folks were pleasant, but the hours I would have worked were inconvenient – you go in for the afternoon…
- you arrive at five o’clock and work until the end of the day.
- As a result, it just freed up my time to pursue other interests, such as education.
- For the most part, I had a flexible schedule that allowed me to fit employment around school and other commitments.
- That was really significant.
- Inquirer: How would you explain the application and interview process to a prospective employer?
- FedEx Package Handler: It was a fairly brief conversation.
- They offered a…
- essentially a little tour of the facility for everyone that came in.
- They brought in 20 or so individuals at once, which was a large number of people, and gave you a fast tour and a brief job description of everything – in othe