ZIP code 48371 is located in eastern Michigan and covers a slightly less than average land area compared to other ZIP codes in the United States. It also has a slightly less than average population density. The people living in ZIP code 48371 are primarily white.
Zip Codes in Michigan 2022
Michigan’s numbering plan expanded from three area codes in 1947 to twelve: 1947: Area codes 313, 517 and 616 are three of the original 86 area codes in the North American Numbering Plan. 1961: Area code 906 was created in the first split of 616. 1993: Area code 810 was created in the first split of 313.
How many ZIP codes are there in Michigan?
List of Zip Codes in Michigan Zip Code Zip Code Type Zip Code Name County 48001 Non-Unique Algonac Saint Clair 48002 Non-Unique Allenton Saint Clair 48003 Non-Unique Almont Lapeer 48004 PO Box Anchorville Saint Clair 51 more rows
What is the richest zip code in Michigan?
In terms of economics and average income level, 48301 is the richest Michigan zip code. What is the poorest zip code in Michigan? 48505 is the poorest Michigan zip code.
What is the population of Michigan on the map?
Michigan has an average population of 10,053,439 spread between the coordinates of 43.326618 Latitude and -84.536095 Longitude. What is the nickname of Michigan?
What is Michigan City 9 digit zip code?
Michigan City, IN Covers 2 ZIP Codes
|ZIP Code||Type||Area Code(s)|
What is Michigan area code?
Michigan (MI) Phone Numbers – Local Area Code 231, 248, 269, 313, 517, 586, 616, 734, 810, 906, 947 and 989.
What is Detroit Michigan’s area code?
Detroit, Michigan, located in Wayne County uses only one area code — 313. It was established in 1947 and was split in 1993 to form area code 810.
Where is 501 area code in Michigan?
Area code 501 is located in central Arkansas and covers Little Rock, North Little Rock, and Conway. It is the only area code that serves the area.
What area code is 313 in Michigan?
Detroit, Michigan is in the 313 area code, as a major port city in the Midwest region of the U.S.
What is Osceola zip code?
Zip Code List County – Osceola County, Florida
|34769||St. Cloud||Osceola County|
|34770||St. Cloud||Osceola County|
What state has the wealthiest zip code?
– 90067 (Century City, California) – 19035 (Gladwyne, Pennsylvania) – 10577 (Purchase, New York) – 94301 (Palo Alto, California) – 33480 (Palm Beach, Florida) – 94027 (Atherton, California) – 33109 (Fisher Island, Florida)
What is the telephone area code for Michigan?
Area code 248 serves the state of Michigan. This area code was assigned on November 8th, 1996. On May 10th, 1997 it went into service. 248 is a General Purpose Code. 248 service area does overlap with 947 area codes. Dialing pattern for local calls within the same NPA (area code) is 10D.
ZIP Code 48371 Map, Demographics, More for Oxford, MI
|Post Office City:||Oxford, MI (View All Cities)|
|Area code:||248 (Area Code Map)|
|Coordinates:||42.85, -83.29ZIP (~6 mile radius)|
Cities in ZIP code 48371
- It is possible that the cities listed below are not the cities that the US Post Office accepts for ZIP code 48371.
- It is possible that the desired city is not the same as the city in which the ZIP code is situated.
- The city code for 48371 is generally the name of the town where the main post office is located.
- Always mention the preferred or acceptable cities in the body of your package or letter when shipping it.
- If you choose a city from the list of prohibited cities, you may experience delays.
- Oxford, Michigan is the primary or preferred location.
Stats and Demographics for the 48371 ZIP Code
- A list of cities that the United States Postal Service accepts for ZIP code 48371 may be seen below.
- If the desired city is different from the ZIP code’s location, it will be noted in the preferences section below.
- When it comes to 48371, the name of the main post office is generally the city where the address is located.
- Remember to specify the preferred and acceptable cities in your package or letter when sending it.
- Delays may occur if you use a city that is on the list of prohibited cities.
- Oxford, Michigan is the primary/preferential city.
|Population Density||542||people per sq mi|
|Median Home Value||$168,700|
|Land Area||42.72||sq mi|
|Water Area||1.61||sq mi|
|Occupied Housing Units||8,266|
|Median Household Income||$76,419|
Estimated Population over Time
Total Population by Age
|Median Age:||39||Male Median Age:||38||Female Median Age:||39|
|Black Or African American||293||1.3%|
|American Indian Or Alaskan Native||73||0.3%|
|Native Hawaiian & Other Pacific Islander||11||0.0%|
|Two Or More Races||352||1.5%|
Head of Household by Age
|Husband Wife Family Households||5,241||63%|
|Singles With Roommate||293||4%|
|Average Household Size: 3|
|Households without Kids||4,938||60%|
|Households with Kids||3,328||40%|
Children by Age
Real Estate and Housing
- The number of vacant housing units in ZIP code 48371 is a modest fraction.
- Additionally, according to the Census, there are one or more correctional institutions in the area.
- The vast majority of households are either privately owned or financed by a mortgage.
- The majority of the homes in ZIP code 48371 were constructed in the 2000s or the 1990s.
- According to data from 48371 real estate transactions, the typical house value of $168,700 is somewhat more than the national average when compared to the rest of the United States.
- It is also low when compared to other ZIP codes in the area.
- When compared to the neighboring locations, the zip code 48371 may be a good place to hunt for affordable homes.
- The most popular kind of rental homes in 48371 are one-bedroom units.
- The average rent for a one-bedroom apartment is $500-$749 a month, including utilities.
- Three or more bedrooms are also popular, and often rent for $1,000 or more per month.
- Price ranges for rental property include apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes in the ZIP code 48371 that are used as primary residences.
|In Occupied Housing Units||22,900||98.9%|
|Correctional Facility For Adults||0.0%|
|College Student Housing||0.0%|
|Owned Households With A Mortgage||5,624||64%|
|Owned Households Free & Clear||1,415||16%|
|Renter Occupied Households||1,227||14%|
|Rented & Unoccupied||6||1%|
|For Sale Only||173||31%|
|Sold & Unoccupied||24||4%|
|For Season Recreational Or Occasional Use||55||10%|
|For Migrant Workers||0%|
|Vacant For Other Reasons||137||25%|
Owner Occupied Home Values
Rental Properties by Number of Rooms
Cost of Monthly Rent Including Utilities
Cost of a Studio Apartment
Employment, Income, Earnings, and Work
- When compared to the rest of the country, the typical household income in the state is $76,419 dollars.
- It is also compared to ZIP codes in the surrounding area.
- As a result, 48371 is likely to be one of the finer neighborhoods of town, with a more affluent populace than the surrounding areas.
- Similarly to most other sections of the country, cars are the most popular mode of transportation to and from places of employment.
- In most sections of the nation, the vast majority of commuters arrive at their places of employment in less than half an hour.
- This is not the case with 48371, on the other hand.
- It has a significantly lower than normal proportion of persons who arrive at work in less than half an hour.
- Employees in most sections of the nation are significantly more likely than in other parts of the country to have to drive more than 45 minutes to their place of employment, which might imply heavy traffic or that individuals often live a long distance from their place of employment.
- More information may be found at Oxford, MI earnings.
|Worked Full-time with Earnings||7,062||41%|
|Worked Part-time with Earnings||4,789||28%|
Average Household Income over Time
Annual Individual Earnings
Sources of Household Income
Percent of Households Receiving Income
Average Income per Household by Income Source
* Only taxable income is included in this calculation.
Household Investment Income
Percent of Households Receiving Investment Income
Average Income per Household by Income Source
There is no reporting of non-taxable income.
Household Retirement Income
Percent of Households Receiving Retirement Income
Average Income per Household by Income Source
* Only taxable income is included in the calculation.
|Worked Full-time with Earnings||7,062||41%|
|Worked Part-time with Earnings||4,789||28%|
Means Of Transportation To Work for Workers 16 and Over
|Car, truck, or van||9,833||95.6%|
|Bicycle, Walked, or Other Means||79||0.8%|
|Worked at Home||328||3.2%|
Travel Time to Work (In Minutes)
Schools and Education
The ZIP code has one of the highest percentages of persons who went to college of any ZIP code in the country.
Educational Attainment For The Population 25 Years And Over
|Less than High School Diploma||998||6.5%|
|High School Graduate||7,706||50.2%|
|Professional school degree||253||1.6%|
School Enrollment (Ages 3 to 17)
|Enrolled in Public School||4,045||75.6%|
|Enrolled in Private School||954||17.8%|
|Not Enrolled in School||355||6.6%|
Schools in ZIP Code 48371
- The Oxford Community School District is served by the ZIP code 48371.
- Having postal addresses in ZIP code 48371, there are a total of 10 distinct elementary schools and high schools with mailing addresses.
- Oxford Middle School is located at 1420 East Lakeville Road in Oxford, Michigan 48371.
- Level of education: middle/combined or ungraded Oxford Community School District is the school district in question.
- Oxford Virtual Academy is located at 10 N Washington Street in Oxford, Michigan 48371.
- The following grades are available: other/combined or ungraded District: Oxford Community School District Oxford Elementary School is located at 109 Pontiac St in Oxford, Michigan 48371.
- It is a primary/elementary school in the Oxford Community School District.
- Located at 1400 East Lakeville Rd in Oxford, Michigan 48371, Lakeville Elementary School is a public elementary school.
- Primary/Elementary School District: Oxford Community School District Grade Level: Primary/Elementary Oxford, MI 48371 Clear Lake Elementary School is located at 2085 West Drahner Road.
- Primary/Elementary School District: Oxford Community School District Grade Level: Primary/Elementary Oxford High School is located at 745 North Oxford Road in Oxford, Michigan 48371.
- The Oxford Community School District is a high/secondary school district with a grade level of high/secondary.
- Oxford Bridges High School is located at 1420 E Lakeville Road in Oxford, Michigan 48371.
- It is a high school/secondary school in the Oxford Community School District.
Detroit, Michigan ZIP Codes
- Detroit, Michigan zip codes are listed below.
- 48001 to 48020, 48201 to 48202, 48203 to 48204 to 48205 to 48206 to 48207 to 48208, 48209 to 48210, 48211 to 48212, 48213, 48214 to 48215, 48216 to 48218, 48219 to 48220, 48221, 48222 to 48223, 48224 to 48225, 48226 to 48227 to 48228 to 48229, 48230 to 48231, 48232 to 48233 to 48 This list covers only ZIP codes with five digits.
- If you need the complete 9-digit (ZIP+4) code, you may use our zip code search by address option.
Demographic and housing estimates in Detroit, MI
|Under 5 years||49366|
|5 to 9 years||45598|
|10 to 14 years||46471|
|15 to 19 years||46871|
|20 to 24 years||54386|
|25 to 34 years||98110|
|35 to 44 years||79328|
|45 to 54 years||82849|
|55 to 59 years||44017|
|60 to 64 years||40142|
|65 to 74 years||52869|
|75 to 84 years||25177|
|85 years and over||11971|
|Median age (years)||34.7|
|Under 18 years||169766|
|Under 16 years||526251|
|18 years and over||507389|
|21 years and over||478044|
|62 years and over||113615|
|65 years and over||90017|
|Two or more races||13195|
|Black or African American||532537|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||2285|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||185|
|Some other race||19760|
|Citizen, VOTING AGE 18 and over population||483907|
|Male Citizen, VOTING AGE 18 and over population||222921|
|Female Citizen, VOTING AGE 18 and over population||260986|
Social characteristics in Detroit, MI
|Family households (families)||140844|
|Male householder, no wife present, family||18508|
|Female householder, no husband present, family||71100|
|Average household size||2.55|
|Average family size||3.55|
Economic characteristics in Detroit, MI
|Less than $10,000||51522|
|$10,000 to $14,999||22936|
|$15,000 to $24,999||39877|
|$25,000 to $34,999||34233|
|$35,000 to $49,999||37607|
|$50,000 to $74,999||36655|
|$75,000 to $99,999||17182|
|$100,000 to $149,999||13759|
|$150,000 to $199,999||3947|
|$200,000 or more||2665|
|Median household income (dollars)||29481|
Housing characteristics in Detroit, MI
|Total housing units||364089|
|Occupied housing units||260383|
|Vacant housing units||103706|
|Total housing units||364089|
|3 or 4 units||9501|
|5 to 9 units||9240|
|10 to 19 units||10063|
|20 or more units||46187|
|Boat, RV, van, etc.||42|
|Total housing units||364089|
|Built 2014 or later||426|
|Built 2010 to 2013||2823|
|Built 2000 to 2009||9851|
|Built 1990 to 1999||8965|
|Built 1980 to 1989||8934|
|Built 1970 to 1979||15171|
|Built 1960 to 1969||24815|
|Built 1950 to 1959||82312|
|Built 1940 to 1949||85595|
|Built 1939 or earlier||125197|
|Total housing units||364089|
|9 rooms or more||24796|
|Total housing units||364089|
|5 or more bedrooms||11360|
|Occupied housing units||260383|
|Average household size of owner-occupied unit||2.65|
|Average household size of renter-occupied unit||2.46|
|Occupied housing units||260383|
|Moved in 2017 or later||12536|
|Moved in 2015 to 2016||36234|
|Moved in 2010 to 2014||88125|
|Moved in 2000 to 2009||45848|
|Moved in 1990 to 1999||25562|
|Moved in 1989 and earlier||52078|
|Less than $50,000||67001|
|$50,000 to $99,999||35210|
|$100,000 to $149,999||8283|
|$150,000 to $199,999||5301|
|$200,000 to $299,999||3949|
|$300,000 to $499,999||2161|
|$500,000 to $999,999||1021|
|$1,000,000 or more||485|
|Housing units with a mortgage||42322|
|Housing units without a mortgage||81089|
|Occupied units paying rent||128078|
|Less than $500||21141|
|$500 to $999||71416|
|$1,000 to $1,499||31052|
|$1,500 to $1,999||3602|
|$2,000 to $2,499||675|
|$2,500 to $2,999||144|
|$3,000 or more||48|
|No rent paid||8894|
Michigan ZIP Codes
- This free tool allows you to quickly determine what ZIP Code an address is located in.
- This Google Maps ZIP Code overlay allows you to do a zip code lookup by address or a ZIP Code county lookup using the Google Maps ZIP Code overlay.
- Zip codes may be found everywhere in the United States by searching on Google.
- With the help of this interactive ZIP Code map, you can find out what ZIP Code you are in.
Quick Tips for using this ZIP Codes map tool
- Enter any address or location in the United States in the ″Search locations″ box above the map* OR: With your mouse cursor over the map, ZIP Code borders will show on the map, and information about your selected location will appear at the top of the map*** (including the ZIP Code, state name**, country name, and latitude/longitude).
- To view ZIP Code labels on the map, choose the ″Show ZIP Code labels″ checkbox in the lower left corner of the map in the lower left corner of the map. You may use this option to identify more ZIP Codes that are represented by little red circles on the map
- however, it is not very effective.
- To color in the ZIP Code regions on the map, click the ″Colorize″ button in the top left corner of the map (this is especially useful in densely populated metropolitan areas).
- Selecting the ″Show US city boundaries″ checkbox in the bottom left corner of the map will display City Limits overlaid on the map as an alternative option. By ticking the box in the lower left corner of the map, you may see the townships in the United States. By ticking the box in the lower left corner of the map, you can see the county borders.
- In the top right corner of the map, click on the button to utilize your present position as a starting point. Click on the button once again to have your location automatically updated every 1, 5, or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds). †
- To get notifications on tool changes and usage advice, sign up for our mailing list.
- * You may also enter in GPS coordinates in decimal degrees into the Search locations box if you know where you are going.
- For example, if you want to find Boulder, Colorado, use -105.25, 40.
- ** or an analogous province, district, or other jurisdiction.
- All information is given depending on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, simply click and drag the map around the screen.
- † Mobile devices, such as smartphones and other devices with GPS, will provide more exact results than desktop browsers, which usually only provide an estimated position.
FAQs for Michigan ZIP Codes
- What is the best way to locate Michigan ZIP Codes on Google Maps?
- This Michigan ZIP Code map tool displays the borders of the state’s ZIP Codes on Google Maps.
- To get the Michigan ZIP Code for a specific address or location, use the ‘Search locations’ box located directly above the map.
- What is the best way to view a map of the ZIP Codes in Michigan?
- This Google Maps feature for Michigan ZIP Codes displays the borders of Michigan ZIP Codes on a map.
- By ticking the box in the lower left corner of the map, you may additionally name the ZIP Codes in Michigan on the map, if you choose.
- How can I locate a county in Michigan based on its ZIP code?
- When looking for the county associated with a ZIP code in Michigan, first input the ZIP code in the ‘Search locations’ box above this Michigan ZIP Code County Finder map tool, then click the ‘Also display county lines’ box located in the lower left corner of the map.
- The name of the county may be seen at the top of the map.
Michigan ZIP Code Map Image
Static Map Image of Michigan ZIP Code Map
- What is your perception of Google Maps with ZIP Codes?
- Simply follow the simple procedures outlined above, and the ZIP Code boundary lines for the whole United States will be displayed on a fully-interactive Google Map in seconds.
- Fill in the blanks with information such as: – What ZIP Code does this address belong to?
- – How many different ZIP Codes are there in this city?
- – In which ZIP Code are these GPS coordinates (as shown in the * above) located?
- + any of the a variety of other issues where knowing ZIP Codes and cities may be beneficial, such as real estate, education, sales and marketing.
- In addition to all 50 states, the coverage area also includes Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa. When polygons are not available, points are used to estimate the location of a ZIP Code in the absence of polygons. These are shown by little red circles, and you can view the ZIP Codes associated with them by checking the ″Show ZIP Code labels″ box in the lower left corner of the map.
- You can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) into the Search places box to find out what ZIP Code a location is in using a standard Google Maps geocoding engine
- this allows you to see what ZIP Code that location is in
- and it also allows you to see what ZIP Code that location is in.
- It may take several seconds for all of the map layers from which this information is derived to finish drawing since many of the map levels from which this information is extracted are quite big
- Because the map layers are huge, if you zoom out too much, you will not be able to see the boundaries of the layers.
- Be aware that entering an address will zoom in quite closely, however entering a city or county will show you a map that is much larger in scope.
- Please keep in mind that while the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker suggests that the marker’s positional accuracy is within a few feet, it is important to remember that Google Maps is not inherently that accurate, and that this tool should not be relied on for legal purposes or anything other than entertainment value.
– United States Census Bureau – Added point coverage from geonames.org: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Contribute to the improvement of this tool. Please share your thoughts.
All Zip Codes in Michigan City IN
|Data Last Updated: March 1, 2022|
Michigan City, IN Covers 2 ZIP Codes
|ZIP Code||Type||County||Population||Area Code(s)|
|ZIP Code 46360||Standard||La Porte||43,625||219|
|ZIP Code 46361||P.O. Box||La Porte||219|
Michigan City, IN Demographic Information *
|Median age (years)||37.1|
|Median age (Male)||35.8|
|Median age (Female)||38.8|
|Family households (families)||7,147|
|Average household size||2.37|
|Average family size||3.05|
|Total housing units||14,435|
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License for supplemental point coverage provided by geonames.org Contribute to the improvement of this tool. — United States Census Bureau Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Michigan City, IN Other Information
- Michigan City, Indiana is also known as: LONG BEACH, IN
- MICH CITY, IN
- MICHIANA SHORES, IN
- MICHIANA SHRS, IN
- PINES, IN
- POTAWATAMI PK, IN
- POTTAWATTAMIE PARK, IN
- TOWN OF PINES, IN
- TRAIL CREEK, IN
- TRAIL CREEK, IN
- TRAIL CREEK, IN
- TRAIL CREEK
62 Cities within 30 miles of Michigan City, IN
- Eau Claire, MI
- Galien, MI
- Baroda, MI
- Benton Harbor, MI
- Berrien Center, MI
- Berrien Springs, MI
- Beverly Shores, IN
- Boone Grove, IN
- Bridgman MI
- Buchanan MI
- Cedar Lake, IN
- Chesterton, IN
- Crown Point, IN
- Donaldson, IN
- East Chicago, IN
- Gary, IN
- Griffith, IN
- Grovertown, IN
- Hanna, IN
- Harbert, MI
- Hebron, IN
- Database of ZIP Codes Get all of the United States’ ZIP Codes and their associated information in one convenient database
- ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database (ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database)
- With coverage for every address in the United States, you may receive the +4 information you want
- Postal Codes in Canada: A Database
- Get all of Canada’s postal codes, as well as their associated information, in one convenient database
- Database for the 2010 Census
- Get the 2010 Census data in an easy-to-use format for all summary levels by downloading the following files: National, state, county, city, and Congressional District are all examples of classifications.
- Database of Area Codes
- Get all of North America’s area codes and NXX info in one place.
Local numbers throughout the US
Get a Michigan Phone Number for Your Business
- Send your local Michigan phone number to any phone number you choose
- Do you already have a MI number? It should be transferred to Grasshopper.
- Create a local presence for clients in the state of Michigan
- Text messages should be sent from your Michigan number.
- Search for area codes in the 231, 248, 269, 313, 517, 586, 616, 734, 810, 906, 947, and 989 ranges.
Get a Local Phone Number » or Learn More About How It Works »
Michigan Phone Numbers
- Local Michigan phone numbers may offer your small business a multi-city vibe, while also giving your large corporation a local feel, depending on your needs.
- Local numbers for numerous states and localities, including Michigan, are available from Grasshopper and may be utilized in conjunction with our virtual phone system.
- Calls may be forwarded to whatever number you like, and you can take use of all of the excellent features we have to offer, including as call forwarding, limitless extensions, personalized greetings, and more.
- To get connected, purchase a Michigan phone number from Grasshopper now!
Do you have all Michigan area codes available?
We provide local numbers in a wide range of markets around the United States. It is possible to verify particular availability in Michigan on our website, or you can phone our office and we will attempt to assist you in locating the number you are searching for.
Can I transfer my Michigan telephone number to Grasshopper?
In several markets around the United States, we provide local numbers. It is possible to verify particular availability in Michigan on our website, or you can phone our office and we will attempt to assist you in locating the number you want.
Should I have a Michigan number or a toll free number?
- The wonderful thing about Grasshopper is that it lets you to have both a local and a toll-free number with our grow plan, which is quite convenient.
- However, if you are merely wanting to make your small business appear larger, a toll-free 800 number is most likely what you are after.
- If you are a huge corporation wishing to project a more localized image, a Michigan telephone number is what you want.
Do I own the Michigan phone number or does Grasshopper?
- As long as you maintain good standing with the supplier of your toll free and local numbers, you are the legitimate end user/owner of those numbers (i.e.
- there are no balances on your account).
- You have the ability to transfer both your toll free and local numbers to other service providers at any time, including the numbers that have been issued to you by Grasshopper, at your discretion.
- In order to obtain more thorough information, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
Popular Local Area Codes
- Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Dallas, and Las Vegas are just a few of the cities with local phone numbers.
- 800 Numbers
- Toll-Free Numbers
- Vanity Numbers
- Local Numbers
- Cloud-based Phone System
- Start-up resources, running your business, marketing your business, small business tools, entrepreneurial growth, and general insights are all covered in detail.
Money-Back Guarantee for the first 30 days Obtain a Registration Number and Complete the Form
Here’s what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
It was Grasshopper who rescued the day for me and I am now a tremendous fan of his work (and my sanity). Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. Incorporating a phone number into our website improved the conversion rate of site visits into signups and paying users! Accounting Services by Allan Branch Less
All Michigan area codes
All of the features include phone numbers. Michigan telephone area codes
How many area codes does Michigan have?
- Michigan has a total of 12 area codes, 11 of which are overlays, for a total of 12 area codes.
- One area code has been issued for the purpose of providing phone numbers, although it is not currently in use.
- In the beginning, Michigan had only three area codes: 313, 517, and 616.
- Later, as the state’s population increased, more area codes were established in the following years.
- It was between 1997 and 2002 when the maximum number of area codes (seven) was implemented.
List of all area codes in Michigan
- Michigan’s very first area code — 313 — served the whole state’s southeast region, including Detroit.
- Area codes 517 and 616 were assigned to cover the southern-central and upper-peninsula regions of Michigan in the following years.
- Area code 734 is possibly the most populous area code in the state, serving an estimated 1.4 million people out of the state’s total population of 9.9 million people.
|Area code||Areas/Cities served||Overlays|
|231||Alanson, Bellaire, Caberfae, Crystal Mountain, East Jordan, Empire, Frankfort, Jennings, Kaleva, Muskegon, Norton Shores, Shelby||–|
|248||Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Madison Heights, Novi, Oak Park, Pontiac, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak, Southfield||947|
|313||Allen Park, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Detroit, Hamtramck, Inkster, Lincoln Park, Taylor||–|
|517||Adrian, Clinton, East Lansing, Jackson, Lansing, Okemos, Vandercook Lake, Vineyard Lake, Williamston||–|
|586||Eastpointe, Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Utica, Warren||–|
|616||Forest Hills, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kentwood, Walker, Wyoming||–|
|734||Ann Arbor, Garden City, Gibraltar, Inkster, Livonia, Monroe, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor, Westland, Wyandotte, Ypsilanti||–|
|810||Burton, Flint, Lake Fenton, Port Huron, Sandusky||–|
|906||Ahmeek, Caspian, De Tour Village, Hancock, Iron Mountain, Kingsford, Marquette, Palmer, South Range||–|
|989||Bay City, Buena Vista, Caro, Corunna, Harrison, Ithaca, Midland, Mount Pleasant, Saginaw, Tawas City||–|
FAQs about Michigan area code
What is the area code for Detroit, Michigan?
The city of Detroit, Michigan, which is located in Wayne County, has only one area code, which is 313. The number was first assigned in 1947, then it was divided in 1993 to become area code 810. It includes significant cities in Michigan such as Dearborn, Allen Park, Hamtramck, Inkster, Taylor, and Lincoln Park, as well as Detroit, among other cities, as well as smaller towns.
What is the area code for Flint, Michigan?
A single area code — 313 — is used by the city of Detroit, which is situated in Wayne County, Michigan. In 1947, it was divided into two numbers, the first of which became area code 810. It includes significant cities in Michigan such as Dearborn, Allen Park, Hamtramck, Inkster, Taylor, and Lincoln Park, as well as Detroit, among other cities, as well as smaller communities.
What is the area code for Lansing, Michigan?
Lansing is located in Inham County and has a population of 116,000 people, according to the 2010 census (2017). When the national numbering system was formed in 1947, area code 517 became a component of the new system. In 2001, a break was made in the area code to generate the number 989 in order to fulfill the increased demand for phone lines in the region.
Which cities in Michigan does area code 231 serve?
Area code 231 was established in 1999 to serve cities in northwestern Michigan such as Norton Shores, Muskegon, and Traverse City. It is now in use. The area code 231 is the only one that serves this particular location. It was first placed into use in 1999 when a split was created from the number 616.
Which cities in Michigan does area code 248 serve?
The cities of Troy, Southfield, Farmington Hills, Pontiac, and Rochester Hills are among those served by the area code 248 in Michigan. 248 also has an overlay — 947 — that serves the same geographic area as 248 itself. Since it was first issued to phone numbers in 1997, roughly 93 percent of the area code 937 has been assigned to phone numbers.
Michigan area code and other parts of a phone number
- You should now be familiar with the many local area codes in Michigan as well as the locations that they service.
- Is it possible for you to tell me why these area codes are necessary in a Michigan phone number?
- Every country, including the United States of America, has a certain amount of digits in its phone number, which is determined by the government.
- When it comes to phone numbers in the United States, the standard format is 11 digits, including the 1-digit country code, a 3-digit area code, and a 7-digit telephone number.
- Furthermore, the 7-digit telephone number is made up of a 3-digit central office or exchange code and a 4-digit subscriber number, for a total of 9 digits.
- The country code for the United States is +1.
- As an example, the following would be a Michigan phone number:
Why your business needs a phone number with Michigan area code
- Having a local phone number with a local area code may be quite beneficial to your company in a variety of ways.
- The most obvious benefit is that clients will be able to contact you without having to worry about foreign call fees.
- From the perspective of the consumer, it is much easier to dial a local phone number for assistance and enquiries than it is to dial an international phone number.
- Second, having a local phone number might provide a competitive edge in local SEO.
- When clients search for services that your company provides, your business will appear towards the top of the search results page.
- As a result of both of these factors, having a business phone number with the Michigan area code is essential for your organization.
How to buy business phone numbers with Michigan area code
- Purchasing a company phone number is not a difficult process.
- You can now purchase virtual phone numbers quickly, without having to go through the hassle of setting them up.
- These professionals may operate on a landline, a mobile phone, an IP phone, a laptop, or any other hybrid device that your company employs.
- The good news is that Michigan phone numbers may be purchased for as little as $1 per month.
- Not just Michigan, but by registering with Freshdesk Contact Center, you may purchase virtual phone numbers for any area code in the United States.
- Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to purchase several virtual phone numbers from a single area code or from a selection of area codes of your choosing.
- Freshdesk Contact Center also offers the option of purchasing toll-free phone numbers as well as vanity phone numbers.
- All you have to do is purchase enough phone credits to allow you to make and receive calls at the rates that are specified.
- You may even transfer your current phone numbers to Freshdesk Contact Center and continue to use them.
Why use Freshdesk Contact Center (Formerly Freshcaller) for your Michigan phone number
Frequently asked questions about Freshdesk Contact Center (Formerly Freshcaller)
How do I start making outbound calls using Freshdesk Contact Center?
To get started, create a Freshdesk Contact Center account. Purchase a phone number or number(s) as well as phone credits to begin making and receiving calls. The phone widget, which shows on the right-hand side of the screen, may be used to begin making outbound phone calls.
How many phone numbers can I buy?
Freshdesk Contact Center allows you to purchase an unlimited number of local, toll-free, and vanity phone numbers. Phone numbers are available for purchase for as little as $1 a month, with prices varying depending on the country. Refer to our incoming and outbound call rates for inbound and outbound calls by country and number.
How does Freshdesk Contact Center charge my usage?
On Freshdesk Contact Center, you may purchase an unlimited number of local, toll-free, and vanity numbers. Phone numbers are available for purchase for as little as $1 per month, with prices varying by nation. For incoming and outgoing call rates, please see our call rates by country and by number.
If I have an existing business phone number, will my number change or can I port my numbers to Freshdesk Contact Center?
- This is not always the case.
- You may always transfer the phone numbers from your current Freshdesk Contact Center account to your new account.
- Depending on how the port-in procedure is carried out, additional costs may apply.
- Your phone numbers will continue to function as they did previously in your old phone system after the port-in procedure is complete.
- To learn more about our number porting service, click here.
Is Freshdesk Contact Center GDPR compliant?
- Freshdesk Contact Center is a company phone solution that complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- When using certain features such as call recording, it is necessary for you as a company to obtain the caller’s agreement before beginning the recording.
- Read our Freshworks GDPR policy for more information.
- We’re sorry, but our deep dig didn’t provide any results.
- Please use a new search phrase to see if it helps.
- There is already a user account with this email address.
- We can assist you in locating it.
- Please keep me in mind.
- An email has been sent to you confirming your registration and providing your login details.
- Thank you very much.
Detroit, MI Local Phone Numbers
- When your local company presence isn’t enough to reach your clients, Nextiva puts you where they are.
- For any small business, obtaining a Detroit area code from Nextiva is possible.
- With VoIP digital phone services, you may connect to the area code 313 and the local consumer base in Michigan.
- Get your company a Detroit area code so that you can reach out to the local market.
- The area code 313 provides connection to the state’s main city, Detroit, which is located in Michigan.
- Detroit has a population of around 672,000 people and is spread out over a land area of 142 square miles.
- It has its eastern boundary with Lake Saint Clare and is a convenient gateway to the Canadian city of Windsor, which can be reached via a bridge across the Detroit River.
- In addition to the nearby towns of Dearborn, Grosse Pointe, and Harper Woods, which are all located in Wayne County and also have area code 313 as well, the city is located in the county of Wayne.
- Detroit was founded in 1701 by French colonists who established a trading post.
- It was captured by the British during the Seven Years’ War and finally became a part of Michigan during the Revolutionary War.
- From 1847 to 1847, Detroit served as the state capital of Michigan and was an important stop on the Underground Railroad during the American Civil War.
- Ford Motor Company was formed in the city in 1903, and the rise of the automotive industry resulted in an explosion of people and wealth in the surrounding area.
- While Detroit was once the fourth-largest city in the United States in 1920, it was forced to close its doors as a result of the collapse of the car industry in the 1970s.
- Since then, the country has experienced tremendous economic and population collapse.
- Despite their economic woes, Detroit is still home to three Fortune 500 companies, including General Motors Co., which was ranked eighth on the list, Ford Motor Co., which was ranked tenth on the list, and DTE Energy.
- General Motors Co.
- was ranked eighth on the list, Ford Motor Co.
- was ranked tenth on the list, and DTE Energy was ranked thirteenth on the list.
- Quicken Loans, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Little Caesars, Shinola, Ally Financial, and other significant corporations with headquarters in the Detroit area code are among the many more.
- In addition, major accounting companies such as Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Deloitte have established a presence in the city as well.
- JP Morgan Chase announced a $100 million contribution to the city in 2013 to aid in the expansion of job opportunities and the improvement of infrastructure.
Chrysler LLC and the University of Michigan are other significant contributors to the Detroit economy, ranking third and fifth, respectively, in terms of employment in the city.At the moment, the unemployment rate in Detroit is 11 percent, which is much higher than the national average of 5 percent.However, it is predicted that job growth would increase by 30 percent in the next several years.The average household income in area code 313 is $26,000, which is much lower than the national average of $53,000 per household.Health care and social assistance are the most common occupations among Detroit inhabitants, followed by manufacturing and retail commerce, according to the census.
The Detroit area code was named as one of the ″52 Places to Visit in 2018″ by the New York Times.In addition, the city was rated 89th in the 2017 edition of the US News and World Report’s ″Best Places to Live″ ranking.The Detroit Lions of the National Football League, the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League, the Detroit Tigers of the Major League Baseball, and the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association are all based in the area code 313 in the city of Detroit.The Detroit International Auto Show, which takes place every year and is billed as ″the global automotive industry’s premier event, showcasing next-generation vehicles and concept cars,″ is one of the city’s most important annual events.
Nextiva digital phone system benefits include:
- Local Business Presence is important. A phone number in Detroit, Michigan may be accessed and operated from any location in the globe.
- Price structure that is straightforward and inexpensive, with no hidden expenses
- Activation is immediate. It is simple to get started. Simply select a business phone number and specify where you’d like the calls to be forwarded to
- Nextiva VoIP phone services usually contain powerful basic PBX capabilities such as voicemail, call forwarding, and numerous extensions, as well as a variety of other functions.
- There is never a need for specialized equipment.
- System updates are simple and allow for easy tweaks and growth.
Experience the Nextiva Difference
- It is possible for your small business to use a Detroit area code no matter where in the country you are situated.
- Nextiva VoIP services make it simple to connect with local consumers and markets in area code 313 through a variety of communication methods.
- Simply selecting a number is all you need to do to get started with this process.
- Additionally, Nextiva’s rollover services make it simple to include the Detroit area code in your existing business phone number.
- Following your connection, you’ll receive immediate activation and will be able to answer calls on your smartphone, desktop computer, and even tablet.
- What’s the best part?
- Nextiva VoIP services are completely hands-free and require no extra equipment to be used.
- Including strong basic PBX capabilities that every business need, such as voicemail to email services, call conferencing, and call recording, every Nextiva digital phone system bundle is a smart investment for your business.
- You’ll even have access to Nextiva’s Auto Attendant software, which is included.
- By using an automated system, you may give your tiny firm a professional appearance, or you can maintain your huge organization organized.
- As an added bonus, you will save both time and money by removing the need for an on-site receptionist and allowing the autoresponder to route consumers to the appropriate extension on every call.
- No matter what large your company is, having a Detroit area code might assist you in expanding.
- Nextiva will be there to support you every step of the way.
Every one of your users, features, and billing are managed in a single location by the simple-to-use NextOS software, which is available from any location in the globe.When it’s time to grow, you can easily add extra extensions or area codes with a single phone call, and Nextiva’s flexible upgrading mechanisms will ensure that you have what you need when you need it.Connection to area code 313 indicates that it is time to investigate the market in Detroit; but, don’t stop there..Nextiva digital phone systems make it simple to expand your business throughout the city, state, or even the entire country with no effort.Finally, Nextiva is the best choice because of its Amazing Service guarantee.
Every client receives help from our in-house customer care staff, which is comprised entirely of employees.Seven days a week, you may speak with a live professional and receive assistance.The Nextiva customer support staff is committed to ensuring that you never have to troubleshoot or deal with a technical issue on your own.Nextiva VoIP services are reasonably priced and come with a no-hidden-fee guarantee, so you can be confident that you are only paying for what you see.
- Customer support representatives will be at your disposal, and with NextOS software and PBX capabilities, accessing the Detroit area code and expanding in the market is now easier than before.
- Are you prepared to expand your company’s operations in the 313 area code?
- Simply contact Nextiva to get started right away!