The regular opening times of most Post Office establishments are from Monday to Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM, on Saturday 9AM-2PM, most are closed on Sunday. Find the actual opening hours of Post Office in our branch locator.
What are the opening hours of the post office in Dubai?
Post Office opening times in Dubai Post offices in Dubai (and other emirates) are closed on Fridays and public holidays. Collection of mail from PO Boxes should be available 24 hrs per day. Ramadan opening hours are different – something like Saturday-Thursday 9am to 1pm, 4pm, or 5pm with some offices open also from 9pm to midnight or 1am.
What is the best time to finish my postal work?
Finish your postal work before lunch, because after the lunch break, the post office will get crowded as compare to before lunchtime. Indian Post offices are open daily, and they take holidays only on some special days. That list is given here.
What time does the post office collect from a post office?
Collections from Post Offices. The last collection is often when the Post Office closes – this is usually 5pm Monday to Friday, and midday on Saturdays. You can contact your nearest Post Office to check what time they close and if there are any other collections during the day.
Is the post office open today UK?
Post offices are usually open from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, and until 12:30pm on Saturday. Post boxes can be found throughout cities, towns and villages in Britain.
How many Crown post offices are there?
A Crown post office is a larger branch, which is usually found on British High streets. At the end of June 2016, there were 11,648 Post Offices in the Post Office Network.
Are post offices open on Bank Holiday UK?
This is true of all bank holidays across the UK, as well as every Sunday of the year. Usually, the Post Office sends and delivers letters, packages and parcels Monday through to Saturday. However, most Post Offices will close their doors for the bank holiday.
Is there any post today in the UK?
Deliveries are operating as normal across most of the country today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.
Are Post Office accounts closing?
The contract we have with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for Post Office card account will cease in November 2022. For HMRC customers there will be no further tax credits or child benefit payments made into Post Office card account after 5 April 2022.
How many Crown post offices are left?
There are currently around 11,500 post office branches across the UK, of which 191 are directly managed by Post Office Ltd (known as Crown offices).
When did the Post Office scandal start?
What is the Post Office scandal, why were postmasters prosecuted, and what is Horizon? Sub-postmasters and mistresses will give evidence about how the Horizon IT system the Post Office introduced in 1999 caused account shortfalls that saw them wrongly accused of stealing from their branches.
How many post offices are there in Scotland?
During the period between March 2020 and March 2021, the change in the number of post office branches across the UK’s regions and countries varied, from an increase of 8 in Wales to a fall of 51 in Scotland.
Why is Royal Mail so slow?
The Royal Mail, like many other key services, has been hit hard by staff shortages this month. The postal service has said that both Covid-related self-isolation and high numbers of workers off sick are affecting delivery times.
Does post office work on bank holidays?
We deliver and collect your mail on most days of the year, including Saturdays. However, we don’t usually deliver or collect on bank and public holidays.
Service update – public holidays.
|Monday 2 May||Early May Bank Holiday||No collections or deliveries|
|Thursday 2 June||Spring Bank Holiday||No collections or deliveries|
Is post delivered on Bank Holiday?
We deliver and collect your mail on most days of the year, including Saturdays. However, we don’t usually deliver or collect on bank and public holidays.
Service update – public holidays.
|Date||Holiday||Royal Mail Services|
|Monday 18 April||Easter Monday||No collections or deliveries|
|Monday 2 May||Early May Bank Holiday||No collections or deliveries|
What time does Royal Mail deliver UK?
We aim to deliver to addresses in urban areas by 3pm every working day and addresses in rural areas by 4pm every working day (exceptions are made for remote areas with limited transport links such as the Highlands and Islands of Scotland).
What time does the postman come to UK?
Your post should be delivered by 3pm if you live in a town or city, or 4pm if you live in a rural area. You can check if post will be delayed in your local area on the Royal Mail website.
Does mail come on Sunday UK?
The Royal Mail operates on a traditional schedule of Monday to Saturday, generally not delivering Mail on a Sunday, closing with most banks.
How fast can you close a post office?
What holidays are the post office closed?
Post offices will be closed today and next Saturday in observance of Christmas and New Year’s Day, according to the United States Postal Service. All locations will be open and regular mail deliveries will resume the following Mondays. Stamps are
What post offices are closing?
US Postal Service plans to close 3,653 post offices. Here’s a list. On its 236th anniversary, Ben Franklin’s original post office, along with over 3,500 others, is being stamped out.
What days is the post office closed?
Post office hours. Chances are good that the post office will be open if it is not Sunday or a federal holiday. However, some post offices are closed on Saturdays. To find the daily operating hours of your local post office, you can head to this link. Enter your city and state, or Zip code, then click on the ‘Search’ button.
Opening times of Post Office
- Post offices
- Post Office
- Filters Open now
- Sunday shopping
- Open today after
- Open on
More Post offices in the UK
- Is the post office closed today?
- Try one of the other Post offices in the area if it doesn’t work.
- Generally, most Post Office locations are open Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Saturday from 9AM to 2PM, and Sunday are closed in most cases, but some are open on Saturday and Sunday are closed in most cases, but some are open on Monday and Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM.
- In our branch locator, you can find out what time the Post Office is actually open.
- Post Office has more than ten locations in the United Kingdom; Watford is the city with the greatest number of locations, followed by Abbots Langley and Kings Langley.
- This Post office may be found in a total of four cities around the country.
For information about current operating hours at one of the sites, please select from the list.Sunday and late-night shopping hours are included, as well as the store’s address, phone number, and website address and information.
About Post Office
- Post Office Ltd is the largest retail post office firm in the United Kingdom, offering a variety of services as well as a diverse selection of products.
- The postal services supplied by the Post Office are delivered through the Royal Mail and Parcelforce delivery services, which are both owned and administered by the government.
- Customers may utilize an online track and trace service to keep track of the progress of their item delivery, which is quite convenient.
- Aside from standard postal and parcel services, the Post Office also provides travel and automobile insurance, as well as a Post Office Credit Card, which is issued by the Bank of Ireland, among other things.
- The Post Office now offers a wide range of financial services, including advise on savings, mortgages, and loans, in addition to the credit card service.
Dubai post offices
|Dubai post office locations||Hours (old)||Timings (new)||Timing update||Telephone||Fax||Location|
|Abu Hail Post Office||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2694301||+971-4-2650014|
|Al Awir Post Office (Al Aweer)||8am-2pm||0730-1500*||+971-4-3201447||+971-4-3201449|
|Al Bada’a (Al Badaa, Satwa) (01 Feb 2015)||*closed Sat||Behind Shangri-La Hotel, SZ Rd, Satwa|
|Al Barsha Post Office (Jun 2008)||7am-3pm||0730-1500||Behind Lulu and DAA school. Was 0800-2200?|
|Al Khawaneej PO – see Arabian Center|
|Al Khor Post Office||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-2221952||+971-4-2273656|
|Al Mizhar (Al Mizher), near Al Mizhar Mall||8am-3pm||0730-1500*||Opened in 2010 (reported 15 Feb 2010)|
|Al Muhaisnah (Al Muhaisna)||0730-1500*|
|Al Musalla Post Office (Al Musslah)||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-3596699||+971-4-3590858||Bur Dubai near Bastakiya|
|Al Quoz 1 Post Office (Al Ghos)||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-3388482||+971-4-3390573||Next to DEWA Building Al Quoz|
|Al Quoz 4 Post Office||0730-1500|
|Al Qusais (Ghusais) Post Office||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2613307||+971-4-2611943|
|Al Ramool Post Office||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2862782||+971-4-2852060|
|Al Ras Post Office||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2251298||+971-4-2250890|
|Al Rashidiya PO – see Rashidia|
|Al Rigga Post Office (Al Riga, Riqa, Riqqa)||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-2958976||+971-4-2940706|
|Al Shath PO (Al Shati)||10am-10pm||0730-2100||+971-4-3449317||+971-4-3449327||Trade Centre PO? Not in EPG list Nov 2016.|
|Al Satwa – see Satwa|
|Al Thanawiya PO closed or renamed?||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2233656||+971-4-2231648||Union Square, Al Rigga, Deira (Al Thanawiah)?|
|Al Twar Post Office (Tawar, Towar)||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-2612687||+971-4-2635165||Open 05 Jun 2000.|
|Al Warqa (Al Warqaa, Al Warqa’a)||0730-1500*|
|Arabian Center PO, Al Mizhar||9am-4pm||Closed?||OpenMar 2009, Al Khawaneej area|
|Cargo Village PO||8am-2pm||Closed?||+971-4-2865151||+971-4-2831912||Not in EPG list of post offices Nov 2016|
|Central Post Office Dubai, Karama||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-3371500||+971-4-3364747||Between Zabeel & Umm Hurair Rds|
|Deira Post Office (Deira Main PO)||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-2031429||+971-4-2031252||16th St, Hor Al Anz East|
|DNATA Post Office (DANATA)||8am-2pm||0730-1500*||+971-4-2955343||+971-4-2945068||DNATA Center, Al Ittihad Rd (Sharjah Highway)|
|Dubai Airport Free Zone Post Office (DAFZA)||8am-8pm||*closed Sat||+971-4-2996130||+971-4-2996595|
|Dubai Cruise Terminal – see Port Rashid|
|Dubai Convention Centre Post Office||8am-2pm||0900-1700*||+971-4-3318399||+971-4-3314271||Dubai Exhibition Center|
|Dubai International Airport Post Office||24 hrs||24 hrs||+971-4-2164994||+971-4-2200370||Airside, Terminal 1|
|Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)||9am-5pm||0900-1700*||Open 02 November 2009|
|Dubai Media City Post Office, Bldg 14||8am-3pm||0800-1600*||Open Dec 2008|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis Post Office (Jun 2008)||8am-3pm||0730-1500*|
|Dubai World Trade Center – see Trade Centre|
|Emirates Post Group HQ Al Ramool||0730-1500*|
|Freezone (EPG list, location unknown)||0730-1500||No longer in EPG list Nov 2016|
|Hor Al Anz Post Office||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-2629334||+971-4-2694849|
|Ibn Battuta Mall||Empost|
|International City PO||10am-10pm||+971-4-3687162||+971-4-3687161||No longer in EPG list Nov 2016, see Warsan|
|Jebel Ali Post Office (Jabal Ali) JAFZA||8am-2pm||0730-1500||+971-4-8816989||+971-4-8871403|
|Jumeirah Post Office (Jumeira)||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-3442706||+971-4-3421021||Al Wasl Road, see also The Village Mall|
|Karama Central Post Office Dubai1||8am-8pm||0730-21001||+971-4-3371500||+971-4-3364747||Between Zabeel & Umm Hurair Rds|
|Masfoot PO||8am-2pm||+971-4-8523662||+971-4-8521959||Not in EPG list Nov 2016|
|Mirdiff, Mirdif – see Al Mizhar|
|Mizher – see Al Mizhar|
|Musallah (Bur Dubai) – see Al Mussalah||0730-1500|
|Nad Al Hamar, behind Lootah Mosque||8am-3pm||0730-1500*||Opened in 2010 (reported 15 Feb 2010)|
|Naif (Aug 2009)||0730-2100||Behind Al Maktoum Hospital|
|Port Rashid Dubai Cruise Terminal||Not in EPG list Nov 2016|
|Rashidiya Post Office (Rashidiyah)||8am-8pm||0730-2100||0730-2100||+971-4-2851655||+971-4-2854066|
|Satwa Post Office||8am-8pm||0730-2100||+971-4-3440364||+971-4-3421704||Satwa Rd between Satwa mosque and hospital|
|Tecom Free Zone – see Dubai Media City|
|The Village Mall PO, Beach Rd, Jumeira 1||0900-1700||Not Jumeirah PO. Opposite Jumeirah Plaza.|
|Trade Center Dubai PO (DWTC)||8am-2pm||0900-1700*||0730-1500*||+971-4-3313306||+971-4-3310545|
|Union Square PO, was Al Thanawia PO?||0730-1500||In Al Rigga but different from Al Riga PO|
|Warsan Post Office, near Al Awir Union Coop||0730-1500||Different from Al Awir PO|
Indian Post Office Timings – Daily Working Hours, Lunch Time
- In a variety of ways, the Indian Postal Service is advantageous and beneficial to Indian inhabitants in general.
- Letters are sent and received through the post office system.
- The Indian Postal Department operates all of the post offices around the country.
- There was a time in India when there was no post office, and people communicated by sending and receiving letters through messengers.
- For those who wish to send communications, this is a time-consuming and expensive method.
- People, on the other hand, are no longer experiencing any difficulties.
In 1963, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Lord Dalhousie, established penny postage.Everything in India has altered as a result of what happened that day.The Post Office is now open to provide assistance to the general public.
Here you will find information about the Indian Post Office hours of operation, working hours, lunch hours, and so on.More information on the Indian Post Office may be found in the article.In India, the postal system is administered by the Indian government, which is a subordinate of the Ministry of communications.The post office was established on the 1st of October, 1854, by Lord Dalhousie, who was responsible for the introduction of the new Indian postal services.
- The Indian Postal Service is now under the control of the Government of India.
- The Post Office’s headquarters are located on Sansad Marg in New Delhi.
- The post office generates a total of Rs 11,496.18 crore in income per year.
- In India, the postal system is organized into 23 postal circles, with the Chief Postmaster General in charge of each circle.
- Each circle is subdivided into areas, which are referred to as divisions.
- The world’s highest post office, located in Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh, is at a height of 14,567 feet and is the world’s highest postal facility.
Post Offices In India
- In India, there is now a post office for the general public in every town and city.
- The Indian Post Office provides assistance to customers in a variety of ways at an inexpensive cost.
- People who work in the post office do not have to spend a lot of money to conduct their jobs.
- In India, the Post Office now plays an important part in both our personal and official lives and activities.
- Despite the fact that India has grown technologically, the postal service has managed to preserve its stability.
- In order to function more efficiently and effectively, the postal department has separated the Post Offices into 16 postal circles, each of which is under the supervision of the postmaster general.
The post offices were divided into three groups, which were the Head post offices, the sub-post offices, and the E-D Branch Post Offices.The Indian Postal Service has provided us with the operating hours so that people may visit the post office without having to wait for long periods of time.
Indian Post Office Timings
- The Indian post office is open from 8:00 a.m.
- to 4:00 p.m.
- on all days, with the exception of specific holidays, which are listed below.
- In some situations, the post office’s operating hours are extended..
- People can visit the Indian Post Office according to the hours when it is open.
- The post office is closed on Sundays, with the exception of the night post offices.
Apart from that, the post office was closed on holidays.The post offices are open on Saturdays as well, with the exception of Gazetted Holidays.In some instances, such as when the government declares a holiday for one day, the post office will be closed on that particular day.
|Days||Post office Timing|
|Monday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
Indian Post Office Lunch Time
- It varies from circle to circle what time the Indian Post Office serves lunch.
- Employees take a break from their regular working hours for lunch.
- They have their lunch and then take a little break.
- There is no activity at the post office during this period.
- If possible, avoid going to any Indian Post Office during their lunch hour, as this is against the law.
- When customers go to the restaurant at noon, they must wait.
After lunch has concluded, the personnel return to their places of employment.Lunch at the Indian Post Office is from 1:30 pm to 2.30 pm and from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm.
Indian Post Office Daily Work
- These days, the Indian Post Office is responsible for a wide range of tasks.
- Mail services, money remittance, life insurance, banking services, retail services, and other similar services are available.
- New services and amenities are being added to all Indian post offices on a daily basis.
- Through the mail service, people are now able to send and receive letters and packages.
- For more information about the Indian Postal Service, please visit their website.
- It is necessary for individuals to be aware of the correct opening and closing hours of the Indian Post Office in order to avoid queuing and finish their business effectively.
Make sure to do your postal duties before lunch, because the post office will be much more packed after lunch than it was before noon.
Indian Post Office Holidays 2021
Indian post offices are open on a daily basis, with the exception of a few specific holidays. This page contains a list of those resources.
|January 26||Sunday||Republic Day|
|April 25||Sunday||Mahavir Jayanti|
|May 25||Wednesday||Buddha Purnima|
|02-10-2021||Saturday||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti|
|October 15||Friday||Dussehra (Vijay Dashmi)|
|October 19||Tuesday||Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e-Milad(Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)|
|November 04||Thursday||Deepavali (Diwali)|
|November 19||Friday||Gurunanak Birthday|
Timesalert is a good source for further information and updates.
Check post collection and delivery times
Royal Mail will deliver and collect your mail on every working day, including Saturdays, as well as on holidays. On bank holidays, you will not get any mail.
When you’ll get your post
If you live in a town or city, your mail should arrive by 3 p.m., and if you live in a rural region, it should arrive by 4 p.m. On the Royal Mail website, you can find out whether or not your mail will be delayed in your location.
If you have to collect post from a customer service point
Before you go to pick up your mail, check the Royal Mail website to see what hours they are open.
When your post will be collected
- The time that your local post box is collected is determined on your location.
- It is customary for post offices to collect the most recent collection right before they close.
- If you have a post box or a post office, you may check on the Royal Mail website to see when your mail will be collected.
- You may also contact Royal Mail to find out when collections are scheduled in your area.
- Saturday collection hours are from 7 a.m.
- to 1.30 p.m.
at all sites, including downtown.Telephone number for the Royal Mail is 03457 740 740.Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.
to 6 p.m.Saturday, from 8 a.m.to 1 p.m.Sunday from 9 a.m.
- to 2 p.m.
- The cost of calling this number from a landline may reach up to 9p per minute, and from a mobile phone can range between 3p and 45p per minute.
- The page was last reviewed on November 22, 2018.
Is The Post Office Open Today?
- Due to the fact that today is not a postal holiday, post offices will be operating during regular weekday hours.
- Wishing you a successful mailing!
- There are few things more annoying than arriving to the post office only to discover that the doors have been locked from the inside.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) takes the delivery of mail very seriously, and there aren’t many situations that can lead them to shut its operations.
- They do, however, observe a few federal holidays throughout the year, during which time mail is not delivered and the local post office is closed to the public.
Fortunately, if you merely need to check your PO Box, most locations provide access to them at any time of day or night, even when the postal counter may be closed.In case you’re wondering whether or not post offices are open today, just take a peek at the notice below!
Is The Post Office Open Tomorrow?
- Due to the fact that tomorrow is not a postal holiday, post offices will be operating during their regular weekday hours.
- Wishing you a successful mailing!
- Perhaps you’re out shopping today for that one perfect present that has to go in the mail as soon as possible.
- Alternatively, you may simply want stamps in order to mail a few correspondences.
- Hopefully, there isn’t a postal holiday tomorrow!
Although the postal service only closes for a few days each year, it is a good idea to double-check the post office hours to ensure that they will be open the next day before making the journey.So, will the post office be open on Monday?See the solution in the section below!
2022 Post Office Holidays/Events
- Maybe you’re thinking, ″When does the post office close?″ or something similar.
- Each year, the United States Postal Service observes a number of holidays, during which time the postal service and post office facilities are normally closed.
- It is possible that a holiday will fall on a Sunday in some situations.
- Due to the fact that the post office is already closed on Sundays, the holiday is normally commemorated on the Monday after.
- They will just keep all mail for the duration of the holiday and deliver it all the following day on the job.
- Any inquiries concerning the postal schedule or holidays can be answered by contacting your local postmaster or calling 1-800-ASK-USPS.
On days when the post office is closed, you may purchase stamps at a variety of local businesses such as Wal-Mart and others if you really must have them.On usps.com, you may also purchase a broad variety of things, including stamps.The holiday schedule for the entire year 2022 is shown in the chart below.
2022 USPS Holidays
|New Year’s Day||Friday, December 31|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 17|
|Presidents’ Day / Washington’s Birthday||Monday, February 21|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30|
|Juneteenth National Independence Day||Monday, June 20|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5|
|Columbus Day||Monday, October 10|
|Veterans Day||Friday, November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 24|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 26|
- Other holidays such as Good Friday, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve are also observed by some individuals, and they wonder if post offices are closed on those days as well.
- Despite popular belief, the United States Postal Service is not closed on those days, and its operating hours are generally unchanged on non-holiday days, although some facilities may choose to close early on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve to accommodate customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are post office hours affected by COVID-19?
- The Coronavirus pandemic has not had an impact on local post office hours in the vast majority of cases.
- Local establishments must adhere to their own set of rules on the wearing of masks and the practice of social distance.
- In other cities, such as New York, municipal regulations may have required the post office to lock its doors to the general public for a period of time.
- However, for the most part, the post office has stayed open since it is regarded to be a vital function in most communities.
How can I find a post office near me?
- The United States Postal Service maintains a presence in almost every town in the country, so there is likely to be a station near you.
- The question is, how do you find out where your nearest post office is located?
- To find the nearest post office, simply use our easy post office locator to get the address.
- In addition to the address, you’ll find a map, phone numbers, and information on the services available at the site.
- You will learn everything there is to know about your neighborhood post office!
- The stamps may be purchased at a variety of locations, including supermarkets and gas stations.
- When sending a letter to a British address, always include the postcode, which may be found at the Royal Mail website.
- Letters and postcards can be mailed first class or second class inside the United Kingdom; second-class mail is less expensive but takes a day or two longer to arrive.
- The cost of postage is determined by the dimensions and weight of your letter.
- Visit the Royal Mail website for additional information, or take your letter or parcel to any post office for more assistance.
- Main post office branches provide a wide range of mail services to its customers.
More remote locations, as well as bigger towns and cities, frequently have modest branches in places like newsagents, grocery stores, and general information centers to serve their customers.In many rural communities, the post office doubles as the sole store.Saturday and Sunday hours are normally from 9 a.m.
to 5:30 p.m., with some locations staying open until 12:30 p.m.Post boxes may be found in almost every city, town, and village in the United Kingdom.They can be either freestanding boxes or wall safes, but they are usually painted a bright red color to distinguish them from the others.In most cases, collections are conducted twice a day throughout the weekdays (less often on Saturdays and Sundays).
- The box has a time stamp that indicates when the last collection of the day will take place.
- Air letters are sent anywhere in the globe using the Royal Mail’s airmail service; the fee varies depending on the destination.
- The journey to European cities takes an average of three days, and the journey to other locations takes between four and six days.
- Additionally, the Royal Mail provides an expedited airmail service known as Airsure, which is available at all post office branches.
- The mail is transported to its destination on the first available airplane.
What is a Crown Post Office?
The Postal Service plans to shut 37 of its Crown offices, resulting in the loss of 300 jobs in the process.But, what exactly is a Crown Post Office, anyway?A Crown post office is a bigger branch that is typically located in high streets in the United Kingdom.P&O defends its ‘callous’ decision to fire 800 employees without providing any prior notice.A total of 11,648 Post Offices were operating in the Post Office Network as of the end of June 2016.
Approximately 97 percent of branches in the United Kingdom are run by franchise partners or subpostmasters who are independent contractors.Crown offices, which are operated directly by Post Office Limited, are among those that remain open.Over the previous 30 years, the number of post offices has decreased by about half, bringing the total number of post offices to a total of fewer than 10,000.
Which UK Post Offices aren’t open to the public?
- A total of seven Post Offices in the United Kingdom are closed to the general public. Buckingham Palace
- the House of Commons
- Portcullis House
- the Royal Automobile Club, 89 Pall Mall, London
- the Scottish Parliament
- Windsor Castle
- 20 Finsbury Street, London, EC2Y 9AQ (Post Office HQ)
- and the Royal Automobile Club, 89 Pall Mall, London
MORE: The Post Office is shutting 37 branches, resulting in the loss of 300 jobs. MORE: After discovering a Post Office redirection notice, a jealous man stabbed his partner to death.
Bank holiday opening hours: Is the Post Office open today?
Because Monday, May 3 is a bank holiday, many people in the United Kingdom will get a three-day weekend.This is the first of two bank holidays in May, which is a rare treat for Britons, who will also enjoy the Spring bank holiday on Monday, May 31, on the last day of the month.This bank holiday, Britons may spend time outside with friends and family while being socially isolated, thanks to the gradual relaxation of lockdown restrictions.Customers may again be served outdoors by cafes, taverns, and restaurants, which is a welcome return to normalcy for many.Businesses and stores may have lower operating hours or may be closed altogether on Monday, as is the case on most bank holidays.
However, if you need to write a letter or pick up a package, you should know when the Post Office will be operating this weekend.More information may be found at: BBC Weather: A wall of rain is expected to fall on the United Kingdom as powerful wings batter the country.
Is the Post Office open today?
According to the Royal Mail, there will be no pickups or deliveries on the bank holiday since it is being classified as a Sunday on the calendar.This is true for all bank holidays in the United Kingdom, as well as every Sunday throughout the calendar year.Postal service typically ships and delivers letters, packages and parcels from Monday through Saturday, with certain exceptions.The majority of post offices, on the other hand, will be closed on this bank holiday.The possibility exists that certain branches situated within supermarkets and other establishments will be open.
The Branch Finder on the Post Office’s website will help you determine whether or not the Post Office in your neighborhood is open.The Post Office will reopen on Tuesday, May 4, at its regular hours throughout the country.MAKE SURE NOT TO MISS OUT Hours of operation for Lidl: What time does Lidl open on the May bank holiday?Open on Bank Holidays: What time does Morrisons open on Bank Holidays?Martin Lewis called the Royal Mail delivery hoax a ″twisted stroke of brilliance.″
What’s the weather like this bank holiday?
Wind warnings have been issued by the Met Office for the whole weekend, which is unfortunate for those planning to spend the day outside.The warnings will remain in effect until 9 a.m.on Tuesday, May 4.These warnings include the East Midlands, the East of England, London and the South East of England, the South West of England, Wales, and the West Midlands, among other places.″A powerful region of low pressure is expected to pass northern England on Monday,″ according to the Met Office.
Strong winds are expected to develop to the south of the low center, first affecting Wales and western England on Monday afternoon, before moving on to central, southern, and eastern England later that afternoon and evening.″Gusts are likely to reach 40 to 50 mph inland, and as high as 60 to 65 mph along some coasts in southern England and south Wales,″ the Met Office says.It is expected that the winds would gradually diminish into Tuesday morning.″At times, heavy rain will accompany the high gusts,″ says the forecaster.
Service Updates from Royal Mail today
We’re keeping the UK connected. Despite best efforts some services may be disrupted. Click for Service Updates.
Are you a business customer looking for a quote?
Personal Customers Help Centre
Friday 18 March 2022
For a daily recap of our operations, please see the links provided below.
Movement of mail through our network
Mail and packages are transported between Royal Mail’s distribution hubs, mail processing centers, and delivery offices throughout the United Kingdom using an extensive air and rail infrastructure.We use this section to notify you of any serious concerns affecting our logistical operation.We expect some delays in our services traveling by sea to Belfast this week, as a result of restricted shipping capacity in the region.Despite our efforts to restore regular operations, some mail may arrive a little later than intended.We apologize for any inconvenience.
Air During the last 24 hours, our air network ran according to schedule.Train During the last 24 hours, our rail network ran according to schedule.Road During the last 24 hours, our road system ran according to schedule.Postal Service Centers During the last 24 hours, all of our postal centers ran according to schedule.
Deliveries are continuing to be made as usual over the majority of the country.We strive to deliver to all of the addresses for whom we have mail six days a week.The inability to do so in a limited number of local offices may be due to local concerns such as COVID-related self isolation, high levels of sick absence, staffing constraints, or other local considerations.In some instances, we will alternate delivery in order to reduce the amount of time that individual clients experience a delay.We also give targeted support to such offices in order to help them overcome their difficulties and return our service to the high level that our clients are accustomed to receiving.
We sincerely apologize for any trouble this may have caused you and appreciate your understanding.We will provide regular updates to consumers on the offices that are most affected here: Abingdon District Office (OX13 and OX14)
In the event that you need to pick up an item for which we’ve left a ″Something for You″ card, please visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for information on our altered Customer Service Point operating hours.
Service Update Emails
Keep up with the latest news and information on Royal Mail services in your neighborhood. Sign up to get service notifications from us. All of our experts are occupied with assisting other consumers. Please visit the following page for more methods to reach us: Please get in touch with us.
- Cookies are little text files that are downloaded and kept on your device when you visit most websites on the web. We will make use of two different sorts of cookies: The cookies that are used during a session expire when you exit your browser and do not remain on your device.
- Persistent cookies – These cookies are retained on your computer for a longer period of time. The majority of the time, they are used to ensure that the site remembers your choices.
You have the ability to modify the cookies that we use on this Website at any time by changing the settings on your browser.You may learn more about how to do this, as well as about cookies in general, by going to this website.Please keep in mind that disabling cookies may have an adverse effect on the functioning or performance of this Website, as well as your ability to use some services made available via it.If you choose to disable cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the services offered via this Website, nor can we predict how well this Website will function during your visit.We will be unable to update our Website in order to accommodate user preferences and improve its performance if cookies are disabled on your computer.
- The many types of cookies that we now employ on this Website are listed below.
- Based on the category descriptions included in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie Handbook, the cookie categories have been created.
- Cookie Type and Specifications It is absolutely vital. Cookies that are strictly necessary to enable you to navigate about this Website and utilize its features and/or services are those that are required to make the Website work. These cookies enable this Website to deliver services to users who have requested them through its website. It is strictly required for this Website to employ strictly necessary cookies in order to:Identify you as a user who is logged into this Website
- When you reach to the checkout page, make a note of the items and services you’ve purchased.
- During your experience on this Website, things like information you’ve submitted on order forms will be remembered when you browse to various sites throughout your session.
- It’s important to keep in mind things like service selections you’ve made, which are necessary for us to supply you with the services you asked.
- When we make changes to the way our website operates, please double-check that you are connecting to the correct service on our website.
- PerformanceCookies used for performance allow us to update our Website to better adapt to website users’ preferences and to improve overall performance. In order to better understand how this Website is used, they gather information such as which pages visitors visit most frequently and where error messages are delivered. These cookies do not gather any information that may be used to identify specific persons. All of the information is aggregated and, as a result, is anonymous. This Website makes use of performance cookies in order to: Provide statistics on how this Website is used (including the selections that you have made and the goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this Website)
- Provide statistics on how this Website is used (including the selections that you have made and the goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this Website)
- Provide statistics on how this Website is used (including the selections that you have made and the goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of
- Check out how successful our advertisements are.
- Allowing us to analyze and enhance our Website through the analysis of visitor behavior and outcomes is important.
- Improvements to the administration and performance of tags on this website are being considered.
- Functional These functional cookies allow this Website to remember choices you make, such as your user name, log-in credentials, and language preferences, in addition to any customisations you make to Website pages while you are on the Website. They are required in order to deliver features and services that are tailored to each particular user. Functional cookies are used on this website to: identify you as having consented to the usage of cookies by this website
- remember settings you’ve applied (such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors)
- and improve the overall user experience.
- It is important to keep track of the choices you have made (such as search functions and results, as well as items or services)
- Individual users might be targeted with customized content portions
- Individual service parameters (such as use or credit allowance) for each user are taken into consideration.
- In order to provide a service on our website, we may share information with our partners. The information supplied will only be used for the purpose of providing the service, product, or function, and will not be used for any other reason.
- Cookies that are used for targeting or advertising It is via the use of these cookies that we can make advertising on this Website and other websites you visit more relevant to you and your interests, restrict the number of times you see those advertisements, and help us determine the efficacy of advertising campaigns. Among the targeting/advertising cookies that are used on this website are:
- Google / DoubleClick (you can learn more about how these cookies work here: Google / DoubleClick) (you can learn more about how these cookies work here: DoubleClick)
- Turn Audience (you can find out more about how these cookies work here: Turn Audience).
- Cognitive Match (you can find out more about how these cookies work here: Cognitive Match) (you can find out more about how these cookies work here: Cognitive Match)
- You can also manage the cookies that are used by numerous organizations for internet advertising at
It is anticipated that the contract we have with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for the Post Office card account will expire in November 2022.After April 5, 2022, no additional tax credits or child benefit payments will be made into Post Office card accounts for clients of the HM Revenue and Customs.POca users are receiving letters from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Department for Work and Pensions (HMRC) informing them of their choices in the future.Please don’t dismiss the letters that have been sent.All POca consumers are informed of their alternatives by the information included inside them.
All consumers who will be receiving payments will already have a letter in their hands.If you have not answered by summer 2022, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will write to you again.By that point, you should have decided how you would prefer to receive your DWP payments and completed the necessary arrangements.To continue receiving payments from HMRC such as tax credits or child benefit, you must supply HMRC with alternative bank account information by 5 April 2022 if you wish to continue receiving such payments.If you haven’t already done so, we strongly advise you to do so immediately so that you don’t miss any payments after your Post Office card account shuts.
- Please be warned that there is no Payment Exception Service available for benefits received from the HMRC unless otherwise specified.
- When it comes to receiving pensions and benefits payments in the future, you will have three options:
- 1. Make use of an existing account with a bank, building society, or credit union
- Create a bank, building society, or credit union account.
- 3. Payment Exceptions Service (this service does not apply to payments received from HMRC)
- and 3.
I’ve received a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions
Do you have a second bank, building society, or credit union account with which you may deposit money? Is it possible for us to deposit your benefit or pension into your account? You may be eligible to establish a bank, building society, or credit union account if you meet the requirements.
Open a new bank account, building society or credit union
Call the DWP on 0800 085 7133 and provide them with the account number and the sort code for this account. Wait until all of your benefit and pension payments have been deposited into this account before continuing. The Money Advice Service contains particular advice on how to choose the most appropriate account type for receiving benefits or retirement pension payments.
Want to speak to an advisor?
What is the Post Office scandal, why were postmasters prosecuted, and what is Horizon?
A public inquiry has been launched into how more than 700 Post Office employees were wrongfully prosecuted for stealing corporate money, resulting in their reputations being ruined and many of them being forced into bankruptcy or prison.Several sub-postmasters and mistresses were wrongfully accused of theft and dishonest accounting following the implementation of a computer system called Horizon, which inaccurately reported shortages on the company’s financial statements.Many were convicted and sentenced to prison, but after years of battling, 72 people have had their convictions overturned.More information may be found at: The first Post Office victim, who was distraught, considered taking his own life.After years of speculation, it was revealed in 2021 that a formal, independent investigation would be launched to look into what was described as the ″biggest miscarriage of justice in modern British judicial history.″ As the Horizon investigation gets underway this week, Sky News looks at the roots of the crisis and why it has taken so long for justice to be served.
What exactly is Horizon, and how did it become embroiled in a scandal?In 1999, the Post Office implemented a new information technology system named Horizon, which was developed by the Japanese corporation Fujitsu and implemented throughout the country.Transactions, accounting, and stocktaking were all managed through the system.Sub-postmasters and mistresses – the employees in charge of branch offices – quickly began detecting discrepancies in the firm’s financial records and reported to the corporation that the system was flawed.Please use the Chrome browser to view a more accessible video player on this website.
- Ex-postmistress: ‘I’ve lost trust in the legal system.’ Due to a lack of response from the Post Office, cash shortfalls of several thousand pounds per branch continued to show up on branch accounts all throughout the country for months.
- Some employees were so worried that they used their own money to bring the finances back into balance.
- The Post Office began pursuing legal action against sub-postmasters in 2000, citing Horizon data as evidence in its court cases.
By 2014, a total of 736 people have been charged with a crime.What happened to the sub-postmasters, and how did they die?Mr.Beer QC, counsel to the public inquiry, summarized how the victims of the miscarriage of justice have been affected by saying, ″Lives have been shattered, families have been ripped apart, and families have been rendered homeless and penniless.″ Reputations were ruined, not least since the offenses for which the men and women were convicted all entailed deception and dishonesty on the part of the authorities.
A number of men and women tragically died before the state officially acknowledged that they had been wrongfully convicted.″ ″People who were vital, respected, and fundamental parts of the local communities that they served were in some cases shunned.″ More information may be found at: Depression, bankruptcy, and jail: Why We Sued the Post Office.Please use the Chrome browser to view a more accessible video player on this website.Baljit Sethi, who was fired as a result of Horizon blunders, testifies with tears in his eyes.One victim stated on the first day of the investigation that he would have committed suicide if it hadn’t been for his family’s intervention.A post office near Romford, Essex, was run by Baljit Sethi for 22 years until he was fired due to account shortfalls.Baljit Sethi is 69 years old.
- ″I was depressed and contemplated suicide, but I decided against it because it was the easy way out, and what about my family and my children?″ he said during the hearing.
- ″People in our community were under the impression that we were robbing the Post Office.″ Seema Misra was found guilty of stealing £75,000 from the post office she operated in West Byfleet, Surrey, and was sentenced to prison.
- She was sentenced to prison on her son’s 10th birthday, and she told Sky News that she had only resisted suicide because she was pregnant with another child at the time.
″We had been trying for another child for seven or eight years, so this should have been the happiest moment of our lives.Instead, it was the most stressful.″ In contrast, she claims that prison was ″the most traumatic experience of my life.″ Other victims have spoken of their marriages falling apart, their homes being foreclosed on, and developing chronic illnesses and addictions.When did things begin to shift?
From the beginning, the sub-postmasters and their supporters have waged a campaign against their own convictions and beliefs.They all filed lawsuits against the Post Office, and when the series of lengthy civil cases came to a close last month, it was announced that the Post Office had agreed to pay $1.1 million to 555 victims.After deducting legal fees, they reached an agreement on £58 million in damages, of which the claimants received £12 million as a share.
Following a few days of deliberation, the High Court ruled that the Horizon IT system was unfit for purpose and that there was a ″material risk″ of shortfalls appearing on accounts as a result of ″bugs, errors, and defects.″ This paved the way for the victims’ convictions to be reviewed by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, which was established to do so.By the end of 2021, 72 sub-postmasters and mistresses had been found not guilty of any wrongdoing and had their criminal records expunged from their records.A landmark hearing in April, during which 39 convictions were quashed in a single sitting, was a watershed moment in American history.The judge ruled that the original verdicts were a ″affront to the public conscience.″ This means that the postmasters may be able to file a lawsuit against the Post Office for malicious prosecution and receive additional damages as a result.What is the purpose of the investigation and what will be investigated?Following the High Court decision, Prime Minister Boris Johnson promised in February 2020 that an independent investigation into the scandal would be launched.
- In May 2021, following the Court of Appeal’s decision to overturn the 39 convictions, he announced that the case would be given statutory status, which would allow witnesses to be compelled to testify.
- ″We must stand with the postmasters and get to the bottom of what went wrong in the Post Office Horizon IT dispute,″ he said.
- ″We’re stepping up our independent inquiry by putting it on a statutory footing, so we can get the answers they deserve.″ According to the terms of reference, its aim is to ″establish a clear account of the failings of the Horizon IT computer system and assess whether lessons have been learnt at the Post Office″.
- It will therefore consider whether the company knew about the faulty system and how staff bore the burden.
The Justice for Sub-postmasters Alliance group, which played a key part in the High Court battle, is refusing to take part in the inquiry, however, claiming it will slow down the justice process and any compensation payments.It is being held at the International Dispute Resolution Centre in central London and being chaired by Sir Wyn Williams.What could happen next?The government has agreed to pay £100,000 in compensation to the wrongly-convicted postmasters.
These will only be interim payments and victims will be entitled to seek further damages through civil lawsuits or out-of-court settlements, which could run into the millions.More than 2,400 people are believed to have applied for compensation.Meanwhile the Post Office has said it will co-operate fully with the public inquiry, which is due to deliver its findings in the autumn.
The High Court ruling saw the judge promise to refer Fujitsu to the Director for Public Prosecutions for possible further legal action.
Where Royal Mail delivery delays are occurring as staff shortages bite
As with many other critical services this month, the Royal Mail has been severely impacted by a lack of qualified employees.The postal service has stated that both Covid-related self-isolation and a large number of employees absent due to illness are causing delivery times to be delayed.″Deliveries are continuing as usual over the majority of the country today,″ according to a statement on the Royal Mail website.Every six days, we strive to deliver to all of the addresses for whom we have mail.″ Because to local concerns such as Covid-related self isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local reasons, this may be temporarily impossible in a limited number of local offices.In some instances, we will alternate delivery in order to reduce the amount of time that individual clients experience a delay.
″Please accept our apologies for any trouble this may have caused you and thank you for your patience.″ Some locations are more severely damaged than others.The Royal Mail publishes a list of postcodes that are likely to face delivery delays on a daily basis.
What postcodes are worst affected?
- The following are the services that will be most affected on Wednesday, January 26: East Dulwich (SE22)
- Barking DO (IG11)
- Camberwell (SE5)
- East Dulwich DO (PO9 and PO10)
- Herne Hill DO (SE24)
- Hornsey DO (N8)
- Hoylake DO (CH47 and CH48)
- West Norwood DO (SE27)
- Willesden DO (NW10 and NW26)