You can either call USPS customer service at 1-800-877-8339 or stop by your local post office to have them look into your tracking information in more detail. If you want to know more, you can also see our posts on how fast is USPS ground shipping, if you can reroute a USPS package, and if USPS reused tracking numbers.
The USPS may have misplaced a package marked “Delivered” and it could also be due to an error in scanning, a mistake by the postal carrier or the accidental delivery of the package to a neighbour. If neither one of these causes your missing parcel, you can call your local postoffice to get it back.
What do I do if my package has not been delivered?
What do I do next? 1 USPS delivery vehicles use GPS that can automatically update a package as ‘delivered’ prematurely. 2 Contact your local USPS post office. Make sure you contact your LOCAL post office, and not the USPS hotline. 3 If the package still does not show up, please call USPS to file a claim.
How do I track a package sent through USPS?
In case your parcel is still nowhere to be found, you can try tracking it using all the available methods—both USPS and Amazon. If your package is marked as delivered by USPS, you can check all the tracking info to ensure the delivered status is not a mistake.
What do I do if my USPS package has been lost?
File Your Claim in Minutes! Are you worried that your USPS package has been lost? It often happens that USPS says delivered, but no package is sitting on your porch. If that happens to you, you don’t have to stress! We can show you how to track your missing package, file a complaint, and request a refund in only a few clicks!
Can I file a claim if USPS says Delivered but package not received?
USPS Tracking Says Delivered but Package Not Received—Can I File a Claim? The protocol and requirements for filing claims differ depending on the company in question. USPS allows you to file claims for missing or damaged packages, but not for late deliveries. You have to wait to see if the shipper can locate your insured package.
Why does my package say delivered when it’s not?
What to do is your order was shipped USPS FIRST CLASS: USPS delivery vans have GPS that sometimes automatically updates a shipment as ‘delivered’ prematurely. Wait another business day because the package was most likely marked as delivered accidentally, and will arrive the following day.
What do I do if USPS says delivered but no package?
If your tracking information shows that your package was delivered but you can’t find it:
- Carrier may have placed it in a safer location, please check:
- Check your mailbox again as some packages come separately from your regular mail.
- Check with others in your house that may have accepted it.
Does USPS lie about delivery?
Employees of the U.S. postal service (USPS) have been falsifying package-delivery data in an attempt to make their statistics more palatable, according to new data obtained by The Washington Post. This inaccurate data-keeping began before the pandemic, but it’s worsened in the last six months.
How do I contact USPS about a missing package?
You can also file a claim for the lost/delayed mail. Or call the U.S. Postal Service Domestic & International Tracking department at (800) 222-1811.
What happens if USPS Misdelivered my package?
When you receive a mistaken delivery, call customer service for the delivery company and explain the situation. Give them the tracking number on the package, as well as the name and address on the package if it’s different from yours. The company will come and pick up the product within a reasonable time frame.
What happens if USPS delivered my package to the wrong address?
If the mailpiece is addressed incorrectly and has no return address, the mailpiece will either be handled by the local Post Office™ or sent to the Mail Recovery Center. If your mailpiece has not arrived within 7 days from its date of mailing, you can: Submit a search request in the Missing Mail application, OR.
Will USPS refund for stolen package?
You can only get a refund for a stolen USPS package if you are the seller, and you purchased insurance on the parcel. If you are the recipient and your package was stolen, USPS will not reimburse you for the loss. Instead, the onus is on the seller to reimburse you or replace the item that was stolen.
Why won’t USPS deliver to my door?
Unfortunately, USPS does not deliver to your door as mail carriers will deposit your mail and any packages that fit, into your mailbox. However, if items do not fit, they may be brought to or near your front door.
What does it mean when USPS says delivered?
This is just to confirm that your tracking is 100% up-to-date and that it definitely says that the package has been delivered, not that it is in transit or out for delivery but that it has actually been delivered and isn’t physically there just yet.
How long before a package is considered lost USPS?
Timeline for Filing Claims
|Customers may file claims for damaged and/or missing contents immediately, but no later than 60 days from the date of mailing.|
|Registered Mail Collect on Delivery||15 days|
|Priority Mail and Other Insured Mail||15 days|
|Collect on Delivery||15 days|
|APO/FPO Priority Mail Express Military||21 days|
Can I call USPS to see where my package is?
You may call this phone number to obtain additional information on USPS Text Tracking: 1-800-222-1811. To obtain help from your mobile device, use any of the following: HELP, INFO, or AIDE.
Does USPS Tracking say delivered?
Updated. When the tracking for your package is updated as ‘delivered’ by the postal carrier, it triggers an automatic email from us to let you know about this new status. Sometimes, a package will be marked as delivered by the shipping carrier prematurely. Unfortunately once the package is picked up by USPS, we only see what is available in the tracking information.
Why was USPS unable to deliver my package?
– Your first name – Your last name – Your middle initial (if applicable) – Your company name (this is optional of course) – Your street address – Your city – Your state – Your zip code – Your phone number (this is not optional) – Your email (this is not optional either)
How to find USPS lost packages or missing mail?
Can You track an USPS package without a tracking number?
You can track your USPS packages without a tracking number. Create a free account with USPS and start tracking your packages. https://www.usps.com/ ~ https:/
The USPS Tracking Says Delivered but No Package—Amazon
Although the USPS tracking indicates that your delivery has been delivered, you have not received any packages from Amazon. What should you do? This article will walk you through the process of determining where your package is. If your delivery is missing, delivered late, or damaged, join up for DoNotPay to make a complaint and receive a reimbursement for your trouble.
What To Do if Your Package Is Not Delivered
Be sure that your shipment was not delivered before you start making furious phone calls and submitting formal complaints about it being late or not being delivered at all! If more than 48 hours have elapsed since the scheduled delivery date, the following steps should be followed:
- Check your shipping address in Your Orders—possible it’s that you entered a different address or made a little error, resulting in your delivery being sent to the incorrect address.
- Try looking for a notice of attempted delivery in your mailbox and around your home or apartment—perhaps you weren’t at home when the item was delivered and haven’t been able to locate the notification
- Look for the item thoroughly—possible it’s that your mailbox is too tiny to accommodate the package, or that the delivery person placed it in a safe location near your home (for example, the porch, garage, or back door)
- Check to see whether your box was received by someone else—ask your roommates, family members, and neighbors if a package was given to them on your behalf
If your package has not been located after several attempts, you can try tracking it using all of the available channels, including the USPS and Amazon.
USPS Says Delivered but No Package (Amazon)
If your shipment has been tagged as delivered by the United States Postal Service, you can review all of the tracking information to confirm that the parcel has not been mislabeled as delivered. The following are all of the ways you may trace a USPS package:
- Detailed Information about the Tracking Method People with hearing and speech disabilities should dial 1-800-275-8777 or 1-800-877-8339, respectively. People with hearing and speech impairments who only speak Spanish should dial 1-800-845-6136, while people with hearing and speech impairments who only speak English should dial 1-866-377-8642.
|Text message||Send a text with your tracking number to 28777 (2USPS) to receive updates|
- Visit the United States Postal Service website.
- Track a package by selecting it from the Quick Tools drop-down menu.
- To trace a shipment, enter your tracking number.
- Get on the right track
|USPS mobile app||Download the USPS mobile app to your Android or iPhone and locate your Amazon package|
Amazon Package Says Delivered but Not Here (USPS)
In addition to checking the USPS tracking information, you may also verify the delivery status of your package through Amazon, either online or by phoning customer service:
- Access your Amazon account by logging in.
- Returns & Orders may be found by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Your item may be found under Your Orders.
- Select Track Package from the drop-down menu.
|Customer Service||Call 1 (888) 280-4331 and tell the customer support rep that the tracking info states your parcel is delivered, but you haven’t received it|
DoNotPay Comes to the Rescue—File a Claim for Your Missing Package
By using DoNotPay’s Late Delivery Refund program, you will be able to save both time and money! Once you’ve determined if your box was lost or delivered late, you may proceed with filing your complaint. Our app will process your claim in a matter of seconds, eliminating the need to interact with customer support or stand in a long queue. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Access your DoNotPay account by logging in.
- Fill out the Late Delivery Refund form and choose USPS as your mailing carrier.
- Fill in the blanks with a few facts about your package
Our AI-driven program produces your complaint as well as a reimbursement claim, which is then sent to the USPS on your behalf. It is possible that your package will arrive damaged at some time. Please contact us immediately. For any damaged shipments that need to be returned, please visit our Item Return Request product page, and we will guide you through the entire process.
Is Amazon, USPS, or Any Other Courier Service Giving You a Headache? We Know What To Do
- DoNotPay provides assistance with a wide range of delivery-related difficulties. Consider the information in the table below to discover the solution you require: Learn how to deal with your package problem by browsing our instructional section for helpful hints and techniques. You can find the following articles on the internet: UPS package misplaced or delivered late
- FedEx package misplaced or delivered late
- DHL shipment on hold
How Else Can DoNotPay Help With Delivery Problems?
If your shipment is insured, you may utilize DoNotPay’s Insurance Claims tool to submit your insurance claim as soon as it is received by the company. How to go about it is as follows:
- You can log onto your DoNotPay account.
- Look for the sort of insurance you want
- Fill out the form with a few data (such as your contact information and insurance number)
- Explain why you wish to make a claim
If you have any questions, you may look up how insurance works with the USPS and FedEx.
Find Hidden Money With DoNotPay Effortlessly
- Our app is capable of much more than simply requesting delivery reimbursements on your behalf. We can assist you in identifying all of your hidden expenditures so that you may use your money for more important things. Using DoNotPay, you may do the following: Cancel any unused subscriptions that you may have been paying for every month without realizing it
- Application for exemptions and appealing property assessments might help you lower your property taxes.
- Regardless of the company’s return policy, you should return damaged merchandise to them.
- Parking tickets can be challenged in any city, county, or state.
- When you’re going through a tough moment, request bill extensions.
- Sign up for free trials without worrying about being charged for auto-renewal
- Unclaimed funds can be located in any state in the United States.
Earn Some Extra Cash With DoNotPay’s Help
Not only can we help you remove all of your hidden expenditures, but we can also assist you in putting more money in your pocket!We make sure you don’t forget about the modest but still significant profits you may get from gift card cash back, lottery ticket winnings, and warranty claims, among other things.Our handy software can also assist you in obtaining significant financial compensation through chargebacks, insurance claims, airline compensation, college price waivers, sponsored clinical trials, or crime victims compensation.
Download it today!We can also instruct you on how to file a small claims lawsuit against any firm or individual for compensation.
What To Do if USPS Says Delivered but No Package in Sight
Are you concerned that your parcel from the United States Postal Service has gone missing?It happens frequently that the USPS reports a delivery has been delivered, but there is no parcel waiting on your porch.If something like this happens to you, don’t be concerned!
It takes only a few clicks for us to teach you how to track down your misplaced shipment, lodge a complaint, and receive a refund.Sign up for DoNotPay to register a complaint and obtain a refund within minutes of making your purchase!
USPS Hasn’t Delivered My Package—How Can I Track It?
It is possible to trace your USPS lost box and learn why your delivery was delayed if you are unsure where it is. There are various different strategies you may use to track for your misplaced shipment. The specifics can be found in the table provided below:
|USPS website||If you want to track your package online, you have to follow these instructions:|
- Visit the United States Postal Service website.
- Enter your tracking number in the appropriate field
|Text message||You can send your tracking number to 28777 (2USPS) and track your package that way|
|USPS mobile app||Download the official USPS app for Android or iOS and use it to see where your missing package ended up|
|Phone||To track your package over the phone, you have to:|
- Call 1-800-222-1811
- Explain your request to a rep
USPS Tracking Says Delivered but Package Not Received—Can I File a Claim?
The process and standards for making claims vary from company to firm, and it is important to understand the differences.You can submit a claim with the United States Postal Service for shipments that have gone missing or been damaged, but not for parcels that have been delivered late.To find out if your insured cargo can be found, you must wait for the shipper to locate it.
Only if they are unable to identify the package would you be allowed to make a claim for a misplaced package, and you would have to do so within 60 days of the box’s shipping date to be eligible.
Can I Request a Refund if My USPS Package Never Arrived?
- If your materials are shipped through Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express, the United States Postal Service will provide a reimbursement. Items sent using Priority Mail are considered delayed if they do not arrive at their destination within five days after the mailing date. If your things are shipped by Priority Mail Express and do not arrive within two days, you can register a complaint with the Postal Inspection Service. The following papers should be collected if you intend to obtain a refund on your own. Your photo ID, the tracking number, and the purchase receipt are all required.
If you do not present all of the above-listed papers as evidence of purchase, USPS may reject your refund request. If you do not submit all of the above-listed documents, USPS may reject your refund request. In order to obtain a refund, you must do it in one of the following ways:
- In person
Requesting a Refund Online
You must have access to or establish a USPS account in order to seek your refund online. Once you’ve logged into your account, fill out the form with all of the necessary information and describe your request in detail.
Requesting a Refund in Person
Accessing or creating a USPS account is required in order to obtain your refund online. Offer all of the essential information and provide a thorough explanation for your request once you have signed into your account.
File a Claim and Request Your Refund With DoNotPay in a Snap!
As soon as you begin utilizing DoNotPay, you will no longer have to deal with the never-ending lines and time-consuming phone conversations with customer service.Within minutes, you may make claims and obtain refunds for late, lost, or damaged goods thanks to a service we designed.The best aspect is that we take care of the majority of the job!
Simply give us with the appropriate information, and we will utilize it to make a claim on your behalf as soon as possible!Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Become a member of DoNotPay.
- You can choose for the Late Delivery Refund option
- You must choose the courier who will be responsible for your delivery and answer a few straightforward questions.
- In your absence, DoNotPay will submit your claim to the claims department of the courier company after you have completed the procedures outlined above. DoNotPay may also assist you with filing insurance claims. If you decide to make a claim with the United States Postal Service, use our app to skip the bother and complete the process in a few clicks! If you have any more questions or concerns about missing items or late delivery, DoNotPay can assist you by answering the following questions on your behalf: Is it possible to trace a product without having a tracking number?
- In the event that my UPS item does not arrive on the scheduled delivery date, what should I do?
- What should I do if my FedEx shipment goes missing?
- What happens if the USPS reports a package has been delivered to a mailbox, but there is no package?
- What is causing Amazon’s shipping to be so slow?
- Is it possible to submit a claim for Amazon, USPS, or FedEx delivery failure?
- How late does the United States Postal Service deliver packages?
- Is it possible to get a refund from Amazon because they sent me an empty package?
DoNotPay Has Your Back Every Step of Your Customer Journey
We can assist you in obtaining a reimbursement for a late, damaged, or missed delivery, but that is only a small part of what we can do for you.In the event that you are dissatisfied with the service you have gotten or with an item you have purchased, all you need to do is use your DoNotPay app.Using our services, we may circumvent any company’s customer service, prepare a refund demand letter, or commence a chargeback procedure on your behalf.
In addition, our software can analyze the company’s return policy and assist you in returning the damaged merchandise.No need to lift a finger since our app will take care of everything for you after you answer a few simple questions about the product you’re interested in purchasing.If you opt to send a letter to the corporation on your own, we’ll explain how to construct it so that you obtain exactly what you’re looking for.Whether you purchased a box for an imprisoned loved one, anticipated an insured postal delivery, or made a purchase to redeem your gift card but still have a few dollars left on it, we’ll work with you to make the most of the situation.Our app can help you get the money back from your gift card, register an insurance claim, and link you with a loved one who is in jail.
How Far Do DoNotPay’s Services Go?
- Additionally, our software may be used to assist in a variety of other circumstances, including: fighting employment discrimination, creating an informed parental permission form for a child’s trip, getting vital papers notarized, and more.
- Participating in raffles for free
- Getting your property taxes reduced
- Creating legal paperwork and contracts
- Scheduling meetings with the DMV
- Exercising in preparation for various government examinations
- submitting Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
For a complete list of our offerings, please visit our learning center.
USPS Says Delivered But No Package
Checking the mail today to see if there are any new items or letters that you weren’t expecting may be a bit of a thrill, even if most of us would prefer to receive less junk mail pieces and significantly fewer bills in the mail.Moreover, while the capacity to monitor packages and envelopes today is considerably more advanced (and far more precise) than it has ever been, the reality is that the tracking information we receive from the United States Postal Service is not always ″dialed in.″ A large number of people have reported that they did not receive a package from the United States Postal Service after being told that it had been delivered, that they are dealing with a USPS package never arrived situation, and that the post office has lost packages that they either sent to someone else or that they were expecting each and every day.To be fair, though, these kind of unpleasant scenarios are unavoidable when the United States Postal Service is responsible for processing and delivering about 182 million pieces of first-class mail alone — on a daily basis.
There are several choices open to you if you are dealing with a lost parcel from the United States Postal Service or if you have gotten tracking information that indicates the item has been delivered but it has not yet arrived at your porch or mailbox.Below, we go a little deeper into those alternatives, guiding you through the process of troubleshooting the problem on your own and with the assistance of USPS to ensure that your items arrive at their final destination as quickly and efficiently as possible.Let’s get this party started!
What Do I Do If USPS Says Delivered But No Package?
As a starting point, if you are dealing with a USPS parcel that has been marked as ″delivered in mailbox″ but has not been physically delivered, you may want to take a few steps before contacting the post office directly.First and foremost, you’ll want to examine all of the possible locations outside where the post office may have placed your parcel.Most of the time, packages can be delivered by someone on your mail route who is not your ″regular″ mail delivery person, and they may not be aware that your packages should be left next to your garage, on your front steps, just below your mailbox, or in any other manner in which your regular mail delivery person would leave them.
Many consumers discover that even if USPS tracking indicates that a package has been delivered, the package has not been located in their mailbox.This is due to the fact that the parcel itself was left at another doorstep, in the bushes, or positioned in an unexpected location.No matter what, it’s always a good idea to double-check.From there, you’ll want to see how the product you’re expecting is doing in terms of its current location and status.This can be accomplished by going directly to the USPS website and entering your tracking information, searching for your tracking code on Google, or investigating your Informed Delivery dashboard (provided by the USPS, which is highly recommended) if you have signed up for that free service, which is highly recommended.Please ensure that your tracking information is up to current and that it clearly indicates that the parcel has been delivered, not that it is in transit or ready for delivery, but that it has been delivered and is not physically present at the time of this writing.
- But if you haven’t received a box from the United States Postal Service and can confirm that it isn’t on your property – even though the tracking information shows it was delivered – you may be eligible for a refund.
- You’ll want to get in touch with the post office as soon as possible.
Who Do I Call If My Mail Is Not Being Delivered?
The next piece of the jigsaw in this situation is to get in touch with your local post office.The USPS provides a customer service hotline that you can call in the event of missing mail or missing packages (you can reach the USPS Customer Care Center Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8:30 PM and on Saturday, 8 AM to 6 PM EST at 1-800-275-8777), but the quickest way to get help is to call the post office in your town or the post office that is the most physically close to where you are located.This is the type of information that can be found with a fast Google search, or you can look it up in a phonebook if you still have one of those lying around the house somewhere.
After obtaining the phone number for your local post office, you should contact the number as quickly as possible to talk with the head postmaster or the manager who is on duty at the time of your calling.Explain to that individual that you are dealing with a USPS missing parcel that has been marked as delivered on the tracking information, and that you would want to be kept informed of what is going on next with the box.When they contact you, they will always ask you to confirm that the USPS item did not arrive, and then they will ask you for your tracking information so that they can run the box through their system, too.Upon determining whether or not a USPS parcel never came, or whether or not the post office failed to deliver packages and deliveries you had anticipated, they will call the person who was deployed to your mail route to determine what happened.Most of the time, the authorities at the post office will ask for a phone number where they can reach you so that they may call you back and inform you of what they have discovered, and most of the time, they will be able to reach you within a few minutes.Depending on the scenario, some may even be able to contact the postal carrier immediately while placing you on wait, so reducing the number of phone tag situations that can occur while dealing with USPS missing package difficulties.
Can USPS Find A Lost Package?
When it comes to locating missing mail, the United States Postal Service will do all in its power to assist the persons who were responsible for delivering it in the first place.If, after calling the postal carrier directly, they state that they either do not have the item inside of the vehicle or that they have already delivered the box to you and that it is now gone, an inquiry will be launched to determine what happened.You’ll be required to wait seven days from the expected delivery date before filing an official Missing Mail Case with the USPS, but once that time period has passed, you can contact the postal service directly through the Find Missing Mail section of their website or by visiting MissingMail.USPS.com and entering the tracking information for your package.
In order to locate the mail that has gone missing, postal inspectors must conduct an in-person search of every stage of the package or parcel’s journey, beginning with its dispatch and continuing until it is intended to be delivered to you, a process that can take several days.It is common for shipments or parcels to be misplaced or lost because they were scanned but not placed on delivery vehicles, they ″fall through gaps in the system″ and are not delivered on time, or they are simply missed or do not arrive on time.Some cases of postal theft occur on a yearly basis as well, but it’s crucial to remember that postal theft is always a federal violation, and you have a variety of options for redress in those types of circumstances as well.
USPS Missing Mail Search
- According to the information provided above, if seven days have gone from the day that your mail was meant to be delivered and it has not yet arrived, you may visit the MissingMail.USPS.com website to file a complaint. Additionally, you should only use the missing mail USPS website after you have first inquired with your local post office to see if they can assist you, as they may be able to accelerate things before the seven-day timeframe has expired. In order to gain access to the US Postal Service’s Missing Mail Search area of their website, you’ll need to enter the following information: The tracking number for the shipment or delivery that has gone missing, as well as any extra barcodes that may have included insurance information if applicable
- The date on which the package was delivered
- The type of postal service that was used (first-class mail, priority mail, etc.)
- the date that the service was used.
- Additionally, information about where the lost letter should be sent if it is discovered
You will also be requested to provide the most accurate description of the mail that has gone missing, in order to provide inspectors and investigators with as much information as possible in order to possibly locate the items that you are looking for.You’ll also have to accept two separate disclaimers and terms of conditions before your Missing Mail USPS form can be filed – but that will only take a couple of seconds, and you’ll be on your way to solving your problem.
Why Am I Not Getting My Mail From The Post Office?
The best description of the mail that has gone missing will be requested as well, so that inspectors and investigators have as much information as possible to hopefully locate the items you are looking for.You’ll also have to accept two separate disclaimers and terms of conditions before your Missing Mail USPS form can be completed – but that will only take a couple of seconds, and you’ll be on your way to resolving the situation.
What Happens If USPS Loses Your Package?
If the United States Postal Service does, in fact, misplace your parcel, they will almost certainly do all in their power to set things right with you; nevertheless, they may or may not be held accountable for the item’s loss as a result of the misplacement.It is important to note that most of this is dependent on whether or not you or the sender purchased postal insurance.When mailing something of value, it is always a good idea to acquire postal insurance, especially when it is so inexpensive when compared to the cost of losing something and having to replace it out of pocket.
The majority of the time, however, the United States Postal Service will continue to seek for your lost parcels indefinitely.When your package goes missing, the fact that it was ever recovered and scanned again is recorded in the USPS database, which means that if it is ever recovered and scanned again, the USPS will be notified, you will be notified, and you will be able to track that package all the way back to your doorstep.