You can DHL a package either by using DHL’s Express drop box / Service Point or via DHL Online service. You can also call them to pick up your package. One way of sending or collecting a package through DHL is going to a DHL Express drop box or Service Point close to your home.
A DHL Locker is a yellow wall with lockers. It’s a simple and easy way for you to send and pick up parcels yourself. Most DHL Lockers are accessible 24 hours a day. If you’ve sent your parcel to a locker, we’ll e-mail or text you a unique pick-up code once your parcel is safely in the locker.
How do I pick up from DHL Parcel ServicePoint?
When you shop online, select DHL Parcel ServicePoints or redirect your package delivered by DHL in the store’s basket. Good news! Please wait for SMS or email notification and POPup to DHL Parcel ServicePoint for pickup.
How do I schedule a DHL pick up?
Scheduled Pick-up Arrange for your shipments to be picked up by the deliverer wherever it’s convenient for you. Simply enter an address of your choice and arrange for the parcel to be picked up there, with no fuss. Information for DHL business customers from 200 parcels per year
What is pick-up by DHL lockers?
It’s a simple and easy way for you to send and pick up parcels yourself. Most DHL Lockers are accessible 24 hours a day. If you’ve sent your parcel to a locker, we’ll e-mail or text you a unique pick-up code once your parcel is safely in the locker. You can then pick it up when it suits you within the following seven days.
How do I track my DHL Express package?
Track all your DHL Express parcels. Simple & easy! Parcel Monitor for DHL Express enables you to check for real-time updates for all your parcels on one user-friendly webpage with just your tracking number. DHL Express is a sub-division of the DHL family and specializes in Express mail delivery services.
Can you pick up your package from DHL?
DHL Parcel ServicePoints are POPular and super-convenient places where you can pick up or drop off your shipment quickly and easily. In short, we call them DHL POP. Do you often order something online but don’t want to wait for the courier?
How do I receive a package from DHL?
Making sure your parcel gets picked up by a courier. Arrange for a courier to collect your shipment by booking a so-called pickup, either via the DHL app or via our customer service. In addition, you visit a ServicePoint in your area, where your shipment is prepared and checked.
Does USPS accept DHL packages?
You can drop off your DHL eCommerce packet at any USPS Post Office. Find your nearest USPS Post Office.
Who delivers DHL packages in USA?
Since 2003, the Postal Service has provided last-mile delivery for DHL in over 20,000 ZIP Codes nationwide through its Parcel Select service. This expansion makes USPS the exclusive provider of delivery service to DHL for 3,600 of the nation’s 46,000 ZIP Codes through use of Priority Mail and Parcel Select service.
Can I see where my DHL driver is?
Access live tracking
Click on the live tracking link, enter your postcode and track the location of your shipment in real time. You can also find live tracking in the Post & DHL app.
Why hasn’t my DHL package arrived?
Contact customer service. There’s no need to start worrying when a package hasn’t arrived when you expected it. Most of the time it got delayed somewhere, which you can simply check through our track-and-trace service. If the delivery status of your package remains unclear, be sure to contact us straight away.
How long does it take for DHL to deliver?
Please keep in mind that delivery times can vary depending on the product/service and origin/destination relation, from 2-3 days for neighboring countries and up to 20 days for countries with long distances.
Does DHL work with UPS?
Under the agreement, UPS will partner with DHL Express to carry freight for some of DHL’s express, deferred and international packages within the United States, and will provide air lift for DHL packages between the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Who delivers DHL ecommerce?
DHL partners with local postal services to offer domestic shipping services. In the US, USPS handles the final mile and return pickups, while DHL manages the initial pickup and sorting of the packages. Cost-Effective, B2C Shipping Solution For Parcels Under 1 lb.
Can you return DHL to post office?
Send your return via any post office and Point POST.
Is DHL and FedEx the same company?
Is FedEx the same as DHL? No, FedEx and DHL are two separate logistics companies, each with their range of courier services available.
Why is DHL so slow 2021?
The most common reason that it takes DHL a long time to deliver a package is that the seller hasn’t shipped it out yet. DHL can’t deliver anything until the package arrives at one of their facilities. It can sometimes take a seller up to two months to ship out a package.
Does DHL pick up from your home?
Simply package your parcel ready to send, book and pay for your collection online and a DHL Parcel UK driver will come to your house to pick up your parcel. Our collection service is available Monday to Friday so when placing the booking, you can choose the day which suits you best.
Does DHL have any international locations?
Your Global Partner. Whether your challenge is to break into emerging markets or grow in existing territories, DHL Supply Chain has the global reach, resources and expertise you need. With DHL as your logistics partner you will benefit from the strategic advantage and capability of an organization with 1,400 warehouses and offices, 11,700,000 m2 of storage and a presence in more than 55 countries and territories.
How can I find a nearby DHL drop off location?
How to DHL a Package
DHL is a package delivery service that may be used to transport packages anywhere in the globe.It is one of the world’s largest delivery services, with over a million employees.By following the provided instructions, you will be able to learn how to DHL a box.You may send a package with DHL either by dropping it off at an Express drop box / Service Point or by utilizing the DHL Online service.
You may also contact them to arrange for a pick-up of your shipment.
DHL a Package via DHL Express Drop Box or Service Point
When sending or retrieving a package with DHL, one option is to drop the package off at a DHL Express drop box or Service Point that is convenient for you.The location of a service point or express drop box may be found by clicking on this link.When you visit this website, you’ll see a search bar that looks somewhat like this.You will be brought to a list of service sites in your nation after selecting your country from the drop-down menu above and pressing the GO button.
If you click on the service point that is nearest to your house, the address and phone numbers for that location will be displayed.Alternatively, you may drop off your parcel at the nearest DHL Express drop box or at a DHL Express service station.If you plan to use a DHL Express drop box, you must make the payment in advance of delivery.
DHL a Package Online
You may easily send a parcel with DHL using the internet.You may do this quickly and easily by visiting the DHL website for your local area.As seen in the screenshot, your homepage will look similar to this one.As soon as you place your mouse near the Express tag, you’ll get a menu similar to the one seen in the following screenshot: Choose Get Rate and Time Quote from the Shipping drop-down menu.
After that, you’ll be routed to another page.You may use this form to get an estimate for your package.While browsing the website, you’ll see three possibilities, as illustrated in the accompanying screenshot.To ship online, select Ship Online.After that, you will be taken to a webpage that appears similar to the one seen in the accompanying screenshot.
- All that is required of you is to complete the required information and schedule a pickup.
Schedule a Pickup
You may also make arrangements for a pickup over the phone.It is not necessary to have a DHL account in order to utilize this service.When you call, you have the option of scheduling a pick up for the same day or up to seven days in advance.If the package weighs more than 70 kg or is insured, you must contact the shipping company for a price.
To plan a pickup, you must first navigate to the Express tab (as seen in the third and fourth screenshots) and then select the Schedule Pickup option from the menu.After that, you’ll be led to an area that looks somewhat like the screenshot below.You may fill out the form on that page and send it to the server.There are also the phone numbers for DHL customer support listed on the website.
In addition to American Express, Maestro, Visa, and Master Card, DHL takes a wide range of other major payment cards. If you are not performing online buying (for example, if you are dropping the package off at a DHL service center or booking a pickup), you can pay with cash.
About the Author: Hasa
Hasa holds a bachelor’s degree in English, French, and Translation Studies from the University of California, Los Angeles. She is now pursuing a Master’s degree in English literature. Literature, language, linguistics, and gastronomy are some of her favorite things to read and talk about.
Receive your Shipment at DHL Parcel ServicePoint
In addition to being quite popular, DHL Parcel ServicePoints are also extremely convenient locations where you can pick up or drop off your package swiftly and conveniently.In a nutshell, we refer to them as DHL POP.Do you frequently purchase something online but don’t want to have to wait for the delivery person to arrive?Your local DHL Parcel ServicePoints are the ideal choice for you!
All you have to do is go over to the local DHL Parcel ServicePoint, even if you’re still in your pajamas.
Ordering to DHL Parcel ServicePoints pays!
With DHL Parcel ServicePoints, you can quickly and conveniently mail a package or return an order to its original sender. Abka and Inmedio networks allow you to pick up your package and pay with a credit card or cash at the same time. Do you favor parcel machines over other options? Take use of the POPular Biedronka network.
Text for the previous button text Text for the next button The delivery of parcels to DHL Parcel ServicePoints reduces the distance traveled by courier trucks by as much as 2.5 times as a result of this service.
Be ECO by delivering to DHL Parcel ServicePoints!
- Tomorrow begins now, and the decisions we make today will have an impact on how we live and work in the future. That’s why we’re constantly expanding our ″POP″ network of businesses. Why? Due to the fact that the delivery to DHL Parcel ServicePoints is environmentally friendly. When shipments are delivered to DHL Parcel ServicePoints rather than to the recipient’s address, more parcels are handled by couriers, resulting in fewer miles traveled and a CO2 savings of more than 60%.
- POP shipments are handled as part of the usual operation of a partner point
- DHL Parcel ServicePoints do not require any more power, and there are currently 13,000 locations in the DHL Parcel ServicePoint network. In cities, the sites are within 10 minutes walking distance, which means that by using POP, you may reduce your personal carbon footprint as well.
- When you pick up your box from the DHL Parcel ServicePoint, you will be able to purchase the items you require. Our partners include companies that provide environmentally friendly and vegan products.
How to use DHL Parcel ServicePoints?
Select DHL Parcel ServicePoints
You can choose DHL Parcel ServicePoints or divert your parcel delivered by DHL to the store’s cart when you purchase online.
To pick up your package, please wait for an SMS or email notice and then POPup to a DHL Parcel ServicePoint. Please enter the PIN that was sent to you in the notice.
Can’t pick up your parcel right away?
Relax! You will have seven days to pick up your package.
Can’t pick up your parcel personally?
You may designate another someone to pick up your package. All that is required of you is to provide her or him with your PIN and consignment note number. Simply said, it’s convenient.
Delivery to DHL Parcel ServicePoints also means extra discounts on your purchases
Make exceptional events a reality! You may order parcels for delivery to DHL Parcel ServicePoints and take advantage of substantial savings offered by our partners in exchange for your order. Take a look at what we’ve put together for you! Buy your favorite things even 30 percent cheaper when you choose delivery to DHL Parcel ServicePoints.
LOOK at how we do this at DHL Parcel ServicePoints
Frequently asked questions
Our team will respond as quickly as possible to any queries or concerns you may have about your cargo, whether you’ve missed a delivery or simply want to monitor your package. We’ve also compiled a list of frequently asked questions, which may or may not include the solution to your inquiry. If they do not, please get in touch with our customer service department.
When will DHL be able to deliver my package?What is the location of the nearest delivery point?When will I be notified when my package has arrived?Will the individual who receives my package be responsible for paying import duties?
My item is still inside the locker, despite the fact that I’ve closed it.What should I do in this situation?Is it possible for me to arrange an international business shipment?What kind of cushioning should I put in my package?What happens in the event that something goes wrong?
- I have not gotten a shipping label for my package.
- What should I do in this situation?
- What address should I use to deliver my package?
- What is the purpose of entering the recipient’s e-mail address?
- Is it possible to get a list of all the packages I’ve sent?
- Is it possible to ship a package to a PO Box?
In what way does the receiver know that my package has been delivered to a DHL facility?Can you tell me what the current status of my returned order is?What is the best way to monitor my foreign package?When will the payment for the shipping label be paid to my credit card if I purchase with a credit card?I’m mailing my package in a carbon-neutral manner.
What exactly does this mean?Will it be more expensive for me to ship something that is climate-neutral?Is it possible to ship all of my packages with DHL in a climate-neutral manner?What is the procedure for printless shipping?
In the event that my package is delayed or lost, what should I do?My package has been delivered to a DHL Locker location.How do I go about getting it?Can you tell me how long the DHL ServicePoint will store my package?
Do you know what happens if you have your package delivered to a DHL Locker?What is the validity period of my delivery code?Is it possible for someone other than me to pick up the item at the DHL ServicePoint?I’d like to express my dissatisfaction with the way my package was delivered.What can I do to help?
- My package has been returned to its original sender.
- What can I do to help?
- Is it possible to have my package delivered to a different location?
- I have not gotten a tracking number for my order.
- What should I do in this situation?
- When can I expect my package to be delivered?
What happens if a package cannot be delivered on time?The’safe location surrounding the home’ delivery choice entails what, exactly, it is.What is the operation of the Agreed Place service?Is it necessary to schedule a separate delivery appointment for each package?Is it safe to use Agreed Place as a meeting location?
What is causing me to be unable to view the Agreed Place option?What happens if the parcel does not arrive at the agreed-upon location?After DHL has dropped off the package at the agreed-upon location, who is responsible?What are ″delivery preferences″ and how do they work?
- Who has the authority to establish delivery preferences?
- What is the benefit of specifying my delivery preferences?
- What motivated DHL Parcel to create this service?
- What is the best way to define my basic delivery preferences?
- Which delivery options do I have the option to select?
- My item was not delivered in the manner in which I had requested it to be sent.
What should I do in this situation?What is the best way to determine whether my item will be delivered in accordance with my delivery preferences?My local DHL ServicePoint is closed at the moment.What should I do in this situation?In what time frame will my delivery choices be implemented?
DHL EXPRESS TRACKING
When you use the Parcel Monitor for DHL Express, you can check for real-time updates on all of your shipments on a single user-friendly webpage with only your tracking number in hand.DHL Express is a sub-division of the DHL family that specializes in the delivery of express mail.It is a subsidiary of the DHL family.What do you believe your consumers are thinking?
Overall rating: 3.4 out of 5 stars based on 8287 reviews User from Australia who uses Parcel Monitor 13 days have passed since I was not provided with a delivery in Australia.As a result, we failed.Singaporean who uses Parcel Monitor for tracking packages a year and a half ago Although the cargo was purchased for through DHL Express, it was turned over to a third-party for delivery.User from the United States who uses Parcel Monitor 4 months have passed since Your tracking website does not provide real-time updates to your location.It can take days for a package to be marked as ready for delivery, and then the shipment will sit on the truck.
- My parcel was out for delivery, but I never received it.
- Customer service hours are insufficient, and delivery drivers must work longer hours and shorter routes in order to ensure that all items are delivered before the end of the day at 6pm, when they must leave work.
- During the Christmas season, it is too early to cease sending packages.
- I never received my box, and I am still waiting for the website to be updated with a drop-off location.
- This is a terrible, abominable, and outrageous way to do business.
- You are the worst employee in the company.
I’ll never utilize your services again.The user is from South Africa and uses Parcel Monitor.4 months have passed since I attempted to trace my package four times on different days.I’ve given four different staff members my proper cell phone number, and each time I call, the number is still wrong.I’ve been told twice that my parcerl would be delivered, and I’m still sitting there like a duck, waiting simply to check the system, which is still on hold.
The last time I called was on the 8th of November, and I was told that you only deliver to our region on Tuesday and Thursday.Do you think about telling your clients about this when you take on their clients’ business?Not a good, not a good experience User from Australia who uses Parcel Monitor 4 months have passed since Very poor customer service.Shame on you for taking another two weeks to receive a small birthday thing.
- The user is from South Africa and uses Parcel Monitor.
- 5 months have passed since In dealing with DHL Express, I had an extremely negative experience.
- When I attempted to schedule my cargo for delivery on the 18th of October 2021 as promised by Nompumelelo Mlaba, I discovered that it had not been booked for that exact day and had to rebook for the following week, on the 13th of October 2021.
- Because I was the one who was conducting the follow-up and she was simply being so silent about the incident, I decided to intervene.
- I recall making a phone call on October 13, 2021, about 16:30, seeking to speak with a superior.
- The fact that he (John) had the audacity to urge me to wait until he completed his lunch before contacting me was astounding, and he never did until today.
A Parcel Monitor user from Canada has shared their experience.5 months have passed since a more effective tracking method A Parcel Monitor user from Canada has shared their experience.5 months have passed since It is a complete hassle to deal with this organization on every delivery they handle.A Parcel Monitor user from Canada has shared their experience.5 months have passed since That the delivery was expedited isn’t justified doesn’t make sense.Is there no movement at all in the previous two days?!?
User of the Parcel Monitor5 months ago Because tk drlivet is taking so long, it will be held in Dubai for three days.Tracking goods all across the world has never been easier thanks to your simple tracking system.
Convenient and easy DHL Express track & trace solution
Take advantage of the most appropriate solution for your diverse shipments anywhere and anywhere in the world!Parcel Monitor provides you with a simple and streamlined parcel tracking solution for your DHL Express shipments, which you can use from any location.The application allows you to access all of your status changes with a single click.To check the status of your shipments, simply enter your tracking numbers and click ″Check Status.″
Enter your DHL Express tracking number and get updates with one click
Instead than visiting many websites to monitor your packages, go to just one. All of your local and international DHL Express shipments can be tracked on a single screen with Parcel Monitor, thanks to its compact monitoring capabilities. Simply input your tracking number and click ″Get Tracking Status″ to receive the latest update. Visit the site right away to begin your tracking procedure.
Don’t miss any DHL Express tracking updates
Would you want to know the current status of all of your DHL Express packages?Parcel Monitor is the most appropriate solution for your needs.When you use Parcel Monitor’s services, you will receive all of the necessary updates and information about each and every one of your shipments.It also allows you to select a certain language and monitor all of your packages with ease using this website.
Improve your DHL Express tracking experience
With Parcel Monitor, you may quickly and easily find the majority of online shipment updates in a short period of time.It sends all of the shipment-related information to your inbox, where you may access it.Simply register using the site’s email update tool to get site updates.The mailer tool allows you to keep track of the status of shipments both domestically and internationally using a tracking number.
The most recent developments in the world of package tracking Parcel Tracking Software for Business Is it possible for you to receive frequent track event updates if you have numerous tracking numbers, use different logistics suppliers, and so on?We’ve got you taken care of.We can reduce the complexity of tracking your shipments across many carriers by using our tracking API, which you can learn more about here.We give you with a straightforward and handy overview of your package tracking, translations, and frequent updates – all in one place!Try Parcel PerformParcel Tracking all across the world to see how well it works.
- Tracking updates are available in over 30 languages.
Where can I drop off DHL packages?
Because DHL is a worldwide carrier, they work with local service centers all around the world to accept package drop-offs and deliveries.Using the DHL Express label you ordered, you may drop off your packages at any UPS Store location in the United States.Alternatively, you may enter your zip code to check if there are any drop off places that are even closer to you.Drop-off sites for DHL Dropping off your delivery is a straightforward and quick process.
You may drop off your DHL eCommerce package at any USPS Post Office location nationwide.Find the location of your local USPS Post Office.In addition to the aforementioned, does UPS accept DHL?The following are DHL Authorized Shipping Centers: (UPS has a partnership agreement with DHL to partially handle international shipments originating from the US.) Although the workers at these locations are not DHL employees, they can assist you in preparing your DHL international cargo and can receive DHL drop offs on your behalf.What is the best way to return a box to DHL, keeping this in mind?
- Pack your belongings and leave.
- Most online retailers want to make your life as simple as possible, so they will provide a return label with your order, which you can use to return your parcel for free to one of our DHL service points.
- For return instructions if your order did not come with a return label, go to the website of the online business where you placed your order.
- How can I make arrangements for a DHL pickup?
- To schedule a pick-up by a DHL courier, prepare the following information ahead of time and enter it into the online pick-up request form:
- Your account number
- the name and phone number of the pick-up location
- and the address of the pick-up location
- Information on the package’s location
- The total number of parcels
- the total weight of the cargo
- Phone number and email address of the contact
How to send a parcel in five easy steps
Some preparations must be made before a package can be sent, including selecting the contents and properly wrapping them to ensure that they arrive in one piece. Are you unsure of what else you need to do? This is all it takes to get started: just follow these five simple steps.
1. Label your parcel
It should go without saying that your shipment should have both the sender’s and the recipient’s addresses on the outside. It’s also a good idea to include your phone number on the shipping label, just in case. Your mantra should be ″the more information you can provide, the better″ when mailing a package!
2. Picking a courier service
The second step entails selecting a courier provider that is suitable for your requirements.And those requirements may alter from one shipment to another.For example, you would expect a valuable cargo – whether it is emotionally or financially significant – to be treated differently than a shipment that is neither urgent nor extremely vital (though DHL obviously takes great care of the latter type of shipments as well).There are several different courier alternatives available to you, ranging from a normal postal service to guaranteed quick delivery.
3. Inquire about special shipments
Mailing a book to a friend is, of course, completely risk-free; but, sending some things is a different story.Check out the list of forbidden products, since DHL will not be able to transport any of them on your behalf.Are you transporting hazardous materials?It is necessary to follow a certain method for them, so make sure you are familiar with the procedures.
Always keep in mind that sending a parcel within the European Union is not the same as sending a parcel outside of the EU, for example, when it comes to customs documentation such as the proforma invoice.
4. Booking a pickup
What is the next step? Assuring that your package is picked up by a courier service. Make arrangements for a courier to pick up your package by scheduling a so-called pickup using the DHL app or through our customer care department. Aside from that, you must visit a ServicePoint in your neighborhood, where your cargo will be prepared and thoroughly inspected.
5. Track your parcel
Whether you’ve dropped off your package or given it over to a delivery service, you’ll want to be able to watch its progress.If you use our tracking service or our Follow Your Shipment website, you may keep track on the progress of your package online at any time of day or night.Keep your tracking number handy at all times!Are you the owner of a DHL account number?
When it comes to tracking, myDHL makes it even simpler: you’ll receive automatic status alerts by text message or email.
DHL Online Shipping
You can handle your express shipments online, from printing labels to arranging courier pick-ups to tracking your package. That’s a piece of cake! Interlinken Nummer 3
What is DHL eCommerce?
DHL eCommerce is a monitored international postal service that was developed to assist online retailers in reaching customers all over the world.The goal of this business is to make international shipping as simple and economical as possible.In comparison to express delivery services, booking DHL eCommerce through the Parcel Monkey shipping calculator can result in significant cost savings.Additionally, DHL has the international infrastructure to connect online sellers with buyers almost anywhere in the world.
How does DHL eCommerce work?
It is important to note that DHL eCommerce is a hybrid courier service, which means that it makes use of the services of more than one shipping firm to complete the delivery.Whenever you book DHL eCommerce from the United States, you will be forced to drop off your box at your local USPS Post Office, after which the United States Postal Service will ship it to a central sorting facility.After everything has been processed, it will be transported internationally by DHL.The moment your item arrives at its final destination country, it will be inserted into the postal network and delivered by the local postal service there.
When sending tiny products overseas, this type of shipping is particularly cost-effective because of its low volume.
DHL drop off locations
Dropping off your delivery is a straightforward and quick process. You may drop off your DHL eCommerce package at any USPS Post Office location nationwide. Find the location of your local USPS Post Office.
DHL eCommerce shipping time
Delivering your shipment is a straightforward and convenient procedure. Drop off your DHL eCommerce package at any USPS Post Office location. Use this tool to find the nearest USPS Post Office (United States Postal Service).
DHL eCommerce tracking
In addition to the Parcel Monkey tracking feature, which uses your PMS reference number, you may monitor DHL eCommerce packages through the DHL website, which uses the tracking number assigned to your package. A normal courier service will provide more frequent tracking updates; however, this will be less frequent.
Booking DHL eCommerce with Parcel Monkey
Packaging All of your items must be properly packaged and prepped for transport before they can be shipped.Please refer to our packing recommendations for further information.Shipping labels are available in a variety of formats.This service will necessitate the use of a printer since you will be given with a USPS mailing label that you will need to print and affix to your item before dropping it off at your local Post Office.
It will be sent to Jamaica, New York, since this label will direct your shipment to the central sort point in the United States of America.At the sort site, a DHL eCommerce shipping label containing the recipient’s address will be printed and attached to the package.Learn more about the process of producing shipping labels.Documents pertaining to customs A customs declaration form, documenting the contents of your shipment as well as its value, will be required if you are shipping a cargo internationally.This is already incorporated in our DHL eCommerce booking process, so all you have to do is answer the questions truthfully, print off the completed form, and attach it to your shipment to finish the procedure.
- Follow our customs tips to learn how to print your customs form and guarantee that your cargo clears customs without causing any additional delays in the process.
- Items that are prohibited or restricted Please review our forbidden items list before shipping to ensure that you are not delivering anything that cannot be delivered via any of our services or that is subject to extra shipping limitations.
- The items on this list include any things containing batteries or liquids, perishable commodities such as food or medications, as well as some electronic equipment.
- Coverage for protection The cost of DHL eCommerce shipping includes a $100.00 insurance policy.
- Upgrade to a $250.00 package is available.
- Is it possible for me to have my package picked up?
Currently, DHL eCommerce is only available for booking as a drop-off service; however, if you’d like to arrange a courier collection from your home or place of business, we offer a variety of cost-effective pick-up and delivery options to select from.TrakPak is our other monitored mail option for overseas delivery.Find out more about TrakPak here.Request a quote
Postal Service Exclusive Carrier of Packages to the Last-Mile for DHL
The capital of the United States is Washington, D.C.It was announced today by the United States Postal Service that the international delivery business DHL will take advantage of an existing arrangement to provide the Postal Service with exclusive last-mile delivery services in specific places.Priority Mail and Parcel Select goods from the United States Postal Service will be used in conjunction with each other in order to enhance the effectiveness of the current agreement.Jim Cochrane, acting vice president of ground packages, expressed his delight that DHL has chosen to expand its current agreement with the United States Postal Service, allowing us the chance to deliver more of their items to their final destination.
It is a logical extension of the delivery service we already give to DHL, and it acknowledges the intrinsic value of the Postal Service’s delivery reach, which is further recognized in this new volume.Last-mile delivery continues to be a core competency of the United States Postal Service.″ Using its Parcel Select service, the United States Postal Service has been providing last-mile delivery for DHL in more than 20,000 ZIP Codes across the country since 2003.As a result of this expansion, the United States Postal Service will become the only supplier of delivery service to DHL for 3,600 of the nation’s 46,000 ZIP Codes, using Priority Mail and Parcel Select services.″Partnering with us has both economic and environmental benefits since it minimizes the number of various trucks in the area serving the same locations-locations that we already serve on a daily basis,″ Cochrane continued.Select a parcel Ship shipments to residential clients with Parcel Select, which is a dependable and low-cost option for companies.
- Business partners of the Postal Service, including conventional rivals like as FedEx, UPS, and DHL, pick up packages from big merchants and deliver them to and deposit them at a Postal Service facility near the customer’s home or office.
- The goods are then delivered to their ultimate locations by carriers working for the United States Postal Service.
- Parcel Select offers particular features that are crucial to shippers, such as up-front estimates of delivery times, email notice to consumers, and end-to-end tracking via electronic data interchange.
- Parcel Select is a service that is available to shippers only.
- Priority MailPriority Postal is an expedited mail service that delivers packages in 2 to 3 days to any address in the United States, including PO Boxes and military addresses.
- It is available to everyone in the country.
Saturday and residential deliveries are included at no additional cost, as are shipping materials.The maximum weight is 70 pounds, and the maximum size is 108 inches in length plus distance around the thickest area when both are combined.It is possible for customers to print a shipping label online and to obtain Delivery ConfirmationTM service at no additional [email protected] [email protected] is a service created for business-to-residential shippers who are looking for a safe and cost-effective shipping solution for their shipments.Shipments are picked up by DHL and delivered by the local Post Office via Parcel Select to consumers at their residence, place of business, or Post Office Box.
The standard shipping time is between 2 and 4 days.Delivery will be delayed for 2 to 7 business days.Shipments weighing up to 70 pounds are permitted, and the sender has the ability to trace parcels from beginning to end.Please Keep in Mind: Visit the United States Postal Service Newsroom at for broadcast-quality video and audio, photo stills, and other media tools.
- In order for reporters to talk with a regional Postal Service public relations specialist about this topic, please visit the website.
- The United States Postal Service is a self-supporting government corporation that is the only postal service that delivers to every address in the country, including 151 million households, businesses, and Post Office Boxes.
- The United States Postal Service does not receive any tax revenue to cover running expenditures, and instead relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover those costs.
- Having 32,000 retail outlets and the most frequently accessed website in the federal government, usps.com, the Postal Service generates more than $65 billion in income annually and distributes about 40% of the world’s mail, according to the Postal Service.
- If the United States Postal Service were a private-sector corporation, it would be ranked 35th on the 2011 Fortune 500 list.
- The Postal Service has been recognized as a pioneer in employee diversity by the Black Enterprise and Hispanic Business publications.
The Ponemon Institute has rated the Postal Service the nation’s most trusted government agency for the sixth consecutive year, as well as the sixth most trusted business in the country.Follow the United States Postal Service on Twitter @USPS PR and Facebook.com/usps.
Your package hasn’t arrived? Here’s what to do
Surprises are a part of everyday life, and they are not always pleasant. The prospect of eagerly anticipating the arrival of a delivery that never arrives may be extremely aggravating, to say the least. But don’t give up hope just yet. Here’s what you should do if your shipment hasn’t arrived as expected.
Contact customer service
When a package does not arrive when you expect it to, there is no reason to become concerned.We’ve found that the majority of the time it was delayed someplace, which you can easily verify using our track-and-trace service.If you have any questions about the delivery status of your shipment, please contact us as soon as possible.The customer care representative will ask for the consignment number and, if possible, an accurate and complete description of the items and packaging when you contact them.
We will next investigate with our distribution centers to see whether your product was maybe addressed wrongly or if its packaging was damaged or lost during the shipping process.Our investigation into why your product was not held at one of our distribution centers will continue if your package was not retained in one of our distribution centers.
What happens when nobody’s home
Fortunately, the majority of items that do not arrive were not misplaced.Most of the time, this occurs when an item was delivered outside of business hours or when you were not at home.In the event that this is the case and neither you nor your neighbours are home, our couriers will leave a card in your mailbox.By using our On Demand Delivery feature, you may choose an alternative delivery option online, such as a service station (which is available on Saturdays and has extended business hours), a new address, a neighbor, delivery without a signature, and more.
Alternatively, you may request delivery on a different day (within seven calendar days).
Tip: choose the right packaging
Please keep in mind that broken items are mostly always the consequence of insufficient packing.A robust box with appropriate dimensions is required in order to ensure that your package is delivered on time and in excellent shape.Use high-quality cardboard boxes wherever possible, and avoid reusing old ones because aged cardboard has lost part of its stiffness.In addition, did you know that when you ship a package through one of our Service Points, you receive a complimentary DHL box that is both robust and convenient?
Find out more about how to package your goods!
What Is DHL eCommerce & Is It A Good Fit For Your Business In 2022?
Please keep in mind that damaged items are mostly always the consequence of insufficient packing and handling.When it comes to getting your package delivered on time and in excellent shape, a robust box with appropriate dimensions is a must.Use high-quality cardboard boxes wherever possible, and avoid reusing old ones, as aged cardboard has lost part of its stiffness over time.In addition, did you know that when you ship a package through one of our Service Points, you receive a complimentary DHL box that is both robust and reliable?
Continue reading to learn more about package packing.
What Is DHL eCommerce?
- DHL eCommerce provides low-cost domestic and international shipping for shippers that ship in large quantities on a regular basis. Excellent international shipping plans and tools
- accurate parcel tracking
- excellent customer service.
- Simple to use
- Easily integrates with common e-commerce platforms.
- There is a fulfillment service offered.
- Cons Low-volume shippers are not eligible for this program.
- Pricing is not open and transparent
- Within the United States, there is no weekend shipping.
Why We Like DHL
DHL is one of the world’s quickest and most dependable international shipping companies. For firms who sell lightweight items (i.e., less than five pounds) in big quantities, DHL’s eCommerce service is a cost-effective choice. Apart from that, DHL eCommerce may be easily integrated into almost any e-commerce platform or shipping management software.
DHL May Not Be A Good Fit If…
DHL eCommerce is not a suitable fit for enterprises who ship sporadically, have a low shipment volume, or sell things that are quite substantial in their weight.When compared to other shipping options available in the United States, DHL is a superior choice for foreign vendors.If you only ship sometimes outside of the United States, consider using a delivery service such as the United States Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx.
How Does DHL eCommerce Work?
- DHL provides services to clients that ship in large quantities both domestically and internationally. Pickup, delivery, and return are all included in the price. A portal interface that requires no upfront fees and is simple to use will allow you to: pull orders from your online marketplaces
- create shipping labels
- track your parcels
- receive email/SMS notifications about package location
- handle refunds as needed
- and manage your inventory.
Shippers with significant volumes of local and international shipments might benefit from the services provided by DHL.Pickup, delivery, and return are all included in the services.A portal interface that requires no upfront fees and is simple to use will allow you to: pull orders from your online marketplaces; create shipping labels; track your parcels; receive email/SMS notifications about package location; handle refunds as needed; and so much more.
DHL eCommerce Integrates With These Platforms
- XPS Shipping
- Starship IT
- Desktop Shipper
- Descartes Shiprush
- Logistyx Technology
- Malvern Systems
- XPS Shipping
- Desktop Shipper
- Desktop Shipper
In case you’re unsure about which shipping software is best for your company’s needs, or whether your company really needs shipping software in the first place, check out our piece, Top Shipping Software Platforms For Small Businesses In 2022.
Who Can Use DHL Shipping?
To utilize DHL eCommerce, you must send at least 200 pieces per day and 1,000 pieces per week on an ongoing basis. Each DHL service pickup should result in costs of at least $200.
DHL Delivery Times
Packages are delivered between four and eight business days from the United States to Canada and other countries in Europe, depending on location.Delivery time from the United States to all other countries is typically 8-14 business days.Customers, on the other hand, may have to wait up to 20 business days for their item, depending on the distance between them and the supplier.Once your cargo has arrived in its final destination country, it will very certainly be delivered by the local postal service of that country.
Because your goods would avoid fulfillment/distribution center dropoffs and pickups, shipping times will be shortened significantly.Delivery timeframes inside the United States are between 1 and 8 days with DHL eCommerce.
DHL eCommerce Shipping & Tools
- When you use DHL eCommerce, you may benefit from a number of helpful shipping tools and services. As a vendor on the internet, you may expect the following: International Shipping Services Are Available Shipping and returns to and from Canada are reasonably priced.
- Select your desired service level and features.
- Calculator for duties and taxes
- Single customs clearance entry for B2C transactions
- Delivery and refunds from beginning to end
- There is a network of drop-off and pick-up places for packages.
- Global fulfillment network for both B2C and B2B orders
- Deliveries inside the United States Connect to domestic delivery networks in order to expedite delivery
- Option of paying cash on delivery (COD)
- Deliver to a pickup place, a customer’s door, a neighbor’s house with permission, or a secured area
- Six delivery days each week are scheduled.
- Delivery choices that are environmentally friendly
- Ecommerce Functionalities APIs, online portals, and eCommerce systems such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magneto are all choices for integration.
- Accept payments with digital wallets such as PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and Alipay
- accept payments through credit cards.
- Create tracking numbers in bulk or on a per-request basis automatically.
- Package tracking updates by email or SMS
- Through their personal DHL customer site, customers may track and manage their package deliveries.
- Customers should be informed of shipping costs before they make a purchase.
- Create shipping and return labels on the fly with little effort.
- Provide consumers with the option of adding on extra services such as shipping insurance
DHL Shipping Rates
International and domestic services are divided into two primary areas by DHL: international and domestic.If you qualify for DHL eCommerce shipping, your shipping rate will be determined by a variety of factors, including the volume of goods delivered, the size of the products shipped, the distance traveled, and the speed at which the packages are dispatched.International shipping is often more expensive than domestic shipping because of the additional expenses involved.To obtain a concrete shipping quote, you must first make a quote request, then speak with a DHL representative, and then verify that you are a high-volume merchant.
Take a look at the services that DHL provides in each of the categories listed below.
DHL International Shipping
It is necessary to obtain a quote from DHL in order to determine the precise cost of shipping for your items. There is no straightforward, straightforward explanation of prices and extra expenses. The following are the international shipping services provided by the company:
|DHL Packet International||DHL Parcel International Standard||DHL Parcel International Direct|
|Economical, Low Weight Shipping||Shipping Up To 44 lbs.||Direct Shipping Up To 44 lbs. To 210 Countries|
|Maximum Weight||4.4 lbs.||44 lbs.||44 lbs.|
|Maximum Dimensions||L + W + H ≤ 35.4″||Length + Girth ≤ 118″||Length + Girth ≤ 79″|
|Transit Tracking||4-8 days||Europe 4-8 days; 8-14 for the rest of the world||3-10 days|
|Duty & Taxes Paid By||Receiver||Receiver||Shipper or Receiver|
|Shipment Value Protection|
|Girth = 2 (W + Height)||The maximum weight for Canada is 66 lbs.||N/A||N/A|
DHL’s ICart Software is now available for international shipping services, which should make the process of processing online shipping fees a little easier.By integrating with your shopping cart through APIs, this software makes shipping calculations more simpler for you.You’ll be able to present clients with the whole cost of delivery in their local currency, which will include all charges such as taxes, customs, and shipping costs, as well as any additional fees.
DHL Domestic Shipping
Domestic shipping services are provided in collaboration with local postal systems by DHL. When it comes to last mile delivery and return collections, the United States Postal Service (USPS) handles it, whereas DHL handles the initial pickup and sorting of the parcels. For further information on DHL’s domestic shipping alternatives, please see the tables below.
|DHL SmartMail Parcel||DHL SmartMail Parcel Plus||DHL SmartMail Parcel Return||DHL SmartMail Bound Printed Matter||DHL SmartMail Flats|
|Cost-Effective, B2C Shipping Solution For Parcels Under 1 lb.||Cost-Effective, B2C Shipping Solution For Parcels Up To 25 lbs.||Cost-Effective Returns Solution||Cost-Effective Shipping Solution For Bound Printed Matter Parcels||Cost-Effective Flats Format Mailing Solution|
|Maximum Weight||16 oz.||25 lbs.||16 oz./25 lbs.||15 lbs.||16 oz.|
|Transit Days: Expedited Max||2-3 days||2-3 days|
|Transit Days: Expedited||2-5 days||2-5 days||2-4 days/1-3 days||2-5 days||2-5 days|
|Transit Days: Ground||3-8 days||3-8 days||3-8 days||3-8 days||3-8 days|
|Shipment Value Protection|
As with DHL’s international shipping alternatives, you’ll need to speak with a DHL agent to obtain an estimate for the shipment of your store’s merchandise internationally.
Other DHL Features & Options
Visit DHL’s website for further information on the additional fees and surcharges that the company imposes.In this section, you’ll discover information on DHL eCommerce tracking, calculating chargeable weight (including understanding that pesky dimensional weight), fuel surcharges, and information on what DHL ships and doesn’t ship.Also accessible is information on shipping insurance from U-PIC Insurance Services, which you may find on their website.You may insure up to $100 worth of goods per box, with optional supplementary coverage.
The following are a few more services that you may want to consider:
DHL Web Portal To Manage Your Shipments
- All DHL clients have access to DHL’s customer online interface, which is available 24/7. It is possible to handle and monitor a range of critical aspects of your shipment from this web-based administration interface. Here’s a quick rundown of the features that are currently available: Check out the shipment data and reports.
- Labels should be printed and tracking numbers should be generated.
- The ability to upload many files at once
- Access to invoice and shipping rates
- delivery performance rates
- advanced warning reports
- package delay reports
- and other features and benefits.
- Pickups should be scheduled, and bills of lading should be created.
- Create and maintain a record of return labels.
DHL Warehousing & Fulfillment Options
Merchants can get significant benefits from outsourcing their fulfillment.By delegating the tasks of storing your items, picking, packing, and shipping your orders to a third party, you may free up a significant amount of time in your day.Storing items in several warehouses around the country will help bring your merchandise closer to your clients, resulting in shorter delivery times for your customers.DHL now has 19 facilities in the United States, with ambitions to expand as the eCommerce industry continues to increase in importance.
Related: Check out this post to find out how to securely and efficiently prepare packages for eCommerce shipping and fulfillment.
DHL eCommerce VS DHL Express
- DHL Express is a delivery service that specializes in expedited deliveries. It is possible to have your order delivered the same day or the following (business) day. It is recommended that you choose DHL Express when you need to ensure that a package arrives by a specific time. The following are the most prevalent applications for DHL Express: Objects that require certain temperature conditions, such as meals and pharmaceuticals
- important papers for enterprises
- items that an individual or business requires to function on a regular basis
DHL eCommerce is primarily concerned with providing online retailers with the most cost-effective delivery options possible.With DHL eCommerce, it is not possible to guarantee delivery by a specific day and time.The most significant distinction between DHL eCommerce and DHL Express is that you must be approved for DHL eCommerce before you can ship.Instantaneously, you may set up a DHL Express account for your organization.
If your organization ships on a regular basis, you may be eligible for benefits such as preferential shipping rates.The delivery prices and times for both forms of DHL shipping can generally be found by using a shipping aggregator service such as Shippo or ShipEasy, which may be found online.
Final Verdict On DHL eCommerce
If you send large volumes of lightweight items both locally and internationally on a regular basis, DHL may be the best option for you.If you’re thinking about using DHL, bear in mind that UPS and FedEx also provide complete local and international shipping services.Learn more about USPS, UPS, and FedEx by reading our comparison of the three shipping services listed above.Whatever the case may be, you’ll need to get in touch with DHL to acquire a price for the shipping needs of your company.
It will be easier to evaluate shipping carriers when you have a price estimate in mind.This will allow you to select the one that best meets both your demands and your budget.
DHL eCommerce FAQs
What is DHL eCommerce and how does it work?DHL Express provides both local and international services in Europe, North America, Asia, and India.DHL Express is headquartered in Germany.What exactly is DHL?
DHL is a transportation company that specializes in expedited international delivery.Packages are sent to over 220 countries by the firm.What services does DHL provide?DHL is a logistics company that distributes mail, papers, and packages.Customers using DHL eCommerce may transport packages weighing up to 25 pounds domestically and 44 pounds internationally.
- Is DHL more efficient than FedEx?
- When it comes to international delivery, DHL is often faster than FedEx, however FedEx is typically faster when it comes to local deliveries.
- Is DHL able to deliver on Saturdays?
- In the United States, DHL does not normally deliver on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Saturday delivery is provided in some locations of the United Kingdom, Europe, and Asia for an additional cost.
- How long does it take DHL to deliver a package?
The delivery time for domestic DHL packages is 2-8 business days, while the delivery time for international DHL packages is 8-14 business days.There is an expedited shipping option available through DHL for time-sensitive same-day or next-day delivery (only available on business days and in emergencies.)
DHL vs FedEx: Comparing 2022 Shipping Rates
- Important Points: FedEx courier services are less expensive for local shipments, while DHL courier services are less expensive for international shipments.
- FedEx is normally the fastest alternative for domestic transportation in the United States, whereas DHL Express service is typically the fastest option for international delivery.
- Customers of Easyship may save up to 89 percent on courier services provided by DHL and FedEx, respectively.
The dispute between DHL and FedEx is one that many eCommerce firms find themselves in on a regular basis.Both companies are big couriers, each with its own set of perks and cons, but which one is the most suitable for your company?Consider the following variables while making a decision between the two couriers: shipping prices, services offered, and total value of the package being shipped.Having a better idea of what DHL and FedEx have to offer might assist you in determining which one is the most appropriate for your eCommerce business.
Listed here is a short comparison and contrast between DHL and FedEx, as well as information on their offered services as well as their respective pros and disadvantages.
Table of Contents
03 Do you think DHL is a better option than FedEx? 02 Is DHL more efficient than FedEx? 03 What Is the Difference Between DHL and FedEx? What Is the Difference Between DHL and FedEx? 04 DHL Advantages and Disadvantages 05 FedEx Advantages and Disadvantages 06 DHL vs. FedEx: Which is Best for Your eCommerce Business 07 DHL vs. FedEx FAQ 08 DHL vs. FedEx FAQ
Is DHL Better than FedEx?
In the United States, FedEx is well-known for delivering time-sensitive packages quickly. In the world, DHL international shipping rates are normally less expensive, yet both carriers have their own unique shipping methods that make them better for particular scenarios. Comparing them is the most effective method of determining which is ideal for your company.
Comparing DHL and FedEx
- In the case of overnight express delivery, FedEx is often the preferable choice for domestic deliveries. Take a look at our comparison
- The cost of shipping varies depending on the carrier. Although DHL and FedEx both charge higher rates for same-day delivery services, DHL prices are often less expensive for domestic shipments in the long run. The prices charged by DHL International Shipping are often less expensive than those charged by FedEx International Shipping when comparing the two companies’ international shipping costs.
- Participation in Member Programs: Both courier businesses provide their clients with exclusive member benefits. DHL has a Bonus Program that gives coupons for free package shipments, whilst the FedEx Advantage Program offers flat discounted prices on numerous shipping alternatives
- both programs are offered by FedEx.
- International Service Assistance: Both courier companies provide outstanding international service support, making them both good choices for cross-border delivery.
- International Shipping Insurance: Both courier companies provide their clients with insurance coverage of up to $100 for the declared value of their shipments for international shipping. Flat rate insurance solutions are also available from both DHL and FedEx for packages priced between $100 and $300.
Consider the following table, which compares shipping charges from DHL and FedEx. Consider the following scenario: you want to transport a 3-pound item from New York City to London. Here is a list of the rates along with their associated pricing.
|Courier Service||Delivery Lead Time||Cost|
|DHL Express Worldwide||1-3 business days||$96.70|
|FedEx Internationally Priority||2 business days||$282.69|