Here is a comprehensive list of the places where you can buy stamps besides the post office, excluding the official site of USPS. You can buy stamps at Walmart. The retail chain has a nationwide presence. Most Walmart stores operate twenty four hours a day and seven days a week.
Detailed Guide to Where You Can Buy Stamps
How to locate the nearest club store to buy stamps?
To locate the nearest store, you can use their store locator available on their official website. All these stores sell a book of stamps which include 20 pieces, you cannot buy individual stamps from wholesale club stores.
How do I get stamps by mail?
Ask for Stamps By Mail form. Your mail carrier will give you the form to fill out or pick one up at the post office. Mail the form and payment to the post office. Once you’ve filled out the form (PS Form 3227-A) with the type and number of stamps you’d like, include a personal check or postal money order.
Where can I buy stamps that are forever?
You can buy those Forever stamps so regardless of how high the price goes, you can still use them without buying anything extra. In terms of physical locations, various supermarkets should carry them but you’ll have to ask since they normally have it at the register. Office supply stores will carry them as well.
How can I buy stamps without going to the post office?
Order by phone. Call 1-800-STAMP 24 (1-800-782-6724) for the full line of stamps or to order specific stamps for a nominal fee. While you’re “out and about,” you can pick up stamps anywhere you see the “Buy Stamps Here” symbol… like your local grocery, pharmacy, convenience and office supply stores.
Can I buy stamps at CVS?
CVS does sell a wide range of postal stamps as of 2022 in the form of a booklet of 20 stamps at the cost of $10. Customers can find them at the cashier’s counter at any CVS in-store location. Note, that CVS does not sell stamps online.
Do Walgreens sell stamps?
Yes, you can buy stamps at Walgreens stores. All locations sell standard “first-class forever” 20-stamp booklets (currently priced at $11.60). These stamps are what you will need for your standard letter weighing less than one ounce to be mailed from one domestic location to another.
Do supermarkets sell stamps?
Almost all Grocery Stores sell stamps, including Walmart, and pharmacies like CVS, and Walgreens. However, these are available only in bulk, in the form of booklets. You may also purchase Stamps online on Amazon or Grocery Store websites.
Do Staples sell stamps?
Staples sells First Class Forever stamps for the same price as the postal service does. The best thing about buying stamps from retail stores is that they operate throughout the week and even on the weekends. Staples will cater you!
Can I get stamps at Target?
Target does sell postage stamps at most of its stores but not online at Target.com. Customers can purchase national, international, and different classes of stamps in-store, but cannot earn Circle Reward Points on stamp purchases.
Can you buy stamps at CVS 2021?
Can you buy stamps at CVS? Yes, the CVS stamps are available in all the stores along with the medicine you want to buy.
Does Dollar Tree sell stamps?
Does Dollar Tree sell stamps? Unfortunately dollar tree does not sell stamps. They are a great place to pick up affordable pens, stationary, paper etc.
How much does a book of stamps cost?
How Much Does a Book of Stamps Cost? With first-class postage set at $0.55, and with 20 stamps included in every standard first-class stamp book, you can expect to spend $11 on a book of stamps right now.
How do you get stamps at Walgreens?
Stamps are mostly kept in the ‘office supplies’ section in Walgreens stores. However, sometimes they are also kept near the counter, so it’s best to directly ask the cashier for stamps. If the cashier doesn’t hand them to you directly, they will direct you to the section where you will find them.
Does Walgreens or CVS sell stamps?
Do you want to know Does Walgreens sell stamps? Well, the answer is yes! Walgreens do sell stamps.
Can you get stamps on Amazon?
Unfortunately, Amazon does not offer single stamps for sale. So, if you only want a single stamp, it is best to head to the post office, or another privately run store. If you are strapped for time, Amazon sells a wide variety of Firstclass and Forever US stamps.
Do they sell stamps at Asda?
Most of Asda’s physical shops, including their Supermarkets and larger Superstores, will sell stamps. You can find your local Asda by using the store locator. Stamps will be stocked and sold from the shop’s cigarette kiosk, which is usually located near the entrance.
Can you buy individual stamps?
The Forever Stamp always represents the current price of a one (1) ounce First-Class Mail postage. If you purchase a single Forever Stamp today, it will cost you the same price as a First-Class Mail® stamp.
Do grocery stores sell stamps?
Most grocery stores sell stamps, along with envelopes and other writing materials. Unfortunately, they only sell in bulk booklets, so your chances of buying a single stamp are pretty low. Usually, the cashier at the Checkout area of the store is the best person to ask for stamps. (Average Savings 70%) This service available in all Homeland stores.
Where Can I Buy Stamps Besides the Post Office?
- In the event that you are asking where else I may get stamps except the post office, you should be aware that there are more than a dozen possibilities available.
- It goes without saying that the United States Postal Service or post offices around the country are the first place you should look, but you may not be in close proximity to one.
- The post office may be closed on Sundays or may not offer a self-service kiosk that you may use to purchase a stamp on the day in question.
- Here is a thorough list of all of the locations where you may purchase stamps other than the post office, except the official website of the United States Postal Service.
- Stamps may be purchased at Walmart.
- The retail business has a presence in every state in the country.
The majority of Walmart stores are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.Stamps are available for purchase at Walmart on Sundays, as well as on any other day and at any hour.Perhaps you are aware of the location of the nearby Walmart.If you are traveling or are new to the area, you may use the Walmart store finder on the company’s official website to discover the nearest location.
- Stamps may be purchased on Amazon by clicking here.
- Stamps can be purchased from a variety of other retail establishments.
- In addition to Target and Costco, Randalls and Kroger are among the stores that sell stamps.
- Stamps are available from a variety of sources, not simply large box merchants and major chains.
- Stamps are available for purchase at your local convenience shop, but they are not something you should rely on blindly.
- Stamps are not available at all local retailers.
In the same way, not all gas stations offer stamps, although many do across the United States.It would be necessary to personally verify to see if such shops offer stamps, which can be a time-consuming operation in itself.The most reliable method is to visit one of the major stores in order to ensure that you will receive the stamps you want.One issue you may encounter at these establishments is the desire to purchase a stamp book or sheet of stamps.
It’s possible that you’ll only be able to purchase one stamp.The good news is that these stamps will remain in use indefinitely.There is no time limit on this offer.
- Stamps are available for purchase at banks.
- You might inquire as to whether your bank, or a bank in your area, has stamps for sale.
- There are pharmacies that sell stamps, but this is not a guarantee, as it has been in the past.
- Stamps are available at major pharmacies such as Walgreens, RiteAid, and CVS.
- You can be certain that one will be available at any of the sites of these chains.
- Stamps can also be purchased online through Amazon.
Stamps may be purchased on Amazon by clicking here.
Where To Buy Stamps Other Than Post Office in United States
- Many people believe that postage stamps can only be obtained at the post office, and a small number of people have inquired as to where they might acquire stamps other than the post office.
- In the United States, only a small number of local businesses are permitted to offer eternal stamps.
- It is in this page that you can discover a comprehensive list of retail outlets that are authorized to sell stamps in the United States.
- Stamps can also be purchased online through sites such as Amazon, eBay, and the United States Postal Service’s official website.
- The post office should be your first stop for stamp purchases, but keep in mind that it operates on a set schedule and is closed on weekends.
- On Sundays, after business hours, or if there is no post office nearby, you can get stamps from one of the shops mentioned below.
They sell postal stamps at competitive prices.Here is the comprehensive list of locations where you may purchase stamps, which includes retail stores, banks, pharmacies, and other establishments:
Banks That Sell Stamps in the U.S
- Fifth Third Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank and ATMs
- U.S. Bank
All of these financial institutions are permitted to sell stamps in the United States. To purchase a single stamp, you can also utilize the bank’s automated teller machine.
Gas Stations That Sell Stamps in the United States
Postage stamps are only available at certain petrol stations, so call ahead to ensure that stamps are still available before making the trip to your local station. To find the nearest location, simply search for gas stations near me on Google and you will be provided with driving instructions.
Pharmacy Stores That Sell Stamps
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Bartell Drugs
- CVS Pharmacy
In addition, pharmacy stores are open on Sundays and after the postal office closes on weekdays, which allows you to purchase stamps when the postal office is closed. You may use their shop finder, which can be found on their official website, to find the location of the nearest store.
Wholesale Stores That Sell Stamps
- Sam’s Club
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- J. C. Penney
All of these establishments sell a book of stamps that contains 20 pieces; however, you cannot purchase individual stamps from wholesale club establishments.
Grocery Stores That Sell Stamps
- Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Wegmans, Winco, Safeway, ShopRite, Ralphs, Randalls, Pick N Save, Meijer, Kroger, Giant Eagle, Food Lion, Farm Fresh, Albertsons, Copps, Kmart, and Piggly Wiggly are just a few of the grocery stores in the area.
- Recommended: Purchase stamps at a Kroger store near you
- Purchase stamps at a Walmart store near you.
These shops sell individual stamps as well as stamp sets and books of stamps. Each store has its own store locator, which may be found on the official website of the company. All you have to do is go to the website and look for stores that are available in your area. Alternatively, you may use Google Maps to find stores in your immediate vicinity.
Office Supply Stores That Sell Stamps
- Office Depot/OfficeMax
- University Bookstores
I hope you were unaware that these businesses also offer postal stamps, which I am sure you were not. To obtain postage stamps, you can go to any of the stores listed above and ask for them at the cash register.
- The emergence of social media applications like as Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter has resulted in a decrease in the usage of the postal service.
- But every now and then, you’ll need to send something by mail; it may be a present or a package that can’t be delivered over the internet, for example.
- You can find yourself in a scenario where you need to purchase stamps somewhere other than the post office.
- There are now 40 locations other than the post office where you can readily purchase stamps in the United States, and some of these locations are even open on weekends.
How to Buy Postage Stamps Without Going to the Post Office
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded If you despise standing in line at the post office to purchase stamps, you’re not alone in feeling this way.
- The good news is that there are now a variety of options for purchasing stamps that do not necessitate a special journey to a United States Postal Service (USPS) facility.
- No matter if you want to purchase stamps online, through your postal carrier, or while out running errands, it is simple to complete your transaction.
2 Log in or create an account. If you already have an account with the United States Postal Service, sign in in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create or register one. To register, click on the ″sign up″ button. You’ll be required to provide your shipping details as well as establish a password.
- Promotional material
- 3 Select the Quick Tools option from the drop-down menu. As soon as you get at the USPS landing page, this should be one of the first options that you see.
- 4 To purchase stamps, select ″Buy Stamps.″ You’ll need to make a decision on the type of stamp you want from this point on. Having selected the stamp style you want, you’ll need to decide on the number and, if applicable, the format for your stamping project. For example, some stamps will enable you to purchase sheets or blocks of stamps
- others will allow you to purchase individual stamps.
- 5Place your stamps in your online shopping cart. Add the stamps to your basket once you’ve entered the information about the stamps you’d want to purchase.
- 6 To complete the transaction, click on the checkout button. When you’re through shopping, click ″checkout″ and follow the payment steps to complete your transaction. You’ll need to pay using a credit card, however if your debit card bears the VISA or MasterCard logo, it may be used and processed in the same way as a credit card. If a PIN is not required, credit cards such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted. For the time being, you will not be able to purchase stamps using PayPal.
2 Log in or create an account. If you already have an account with the United States Postal Service, sign in in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create or register one. To register, click on the ″sign up″ button. You’ll be required to provide your shipping details as well as establish a password.
- 3Click on the Mail and Ship section of the menu bar. As soon as you get at the USPS landing page, this should be one of the first options that you see.
- 4 Select ″Print and Ship″ from the drop-down menu. From here, you’ll need to construct a shipping label by filling out the postal address and the destination address, among other details. Also required are the day and time of shipping, whether or not it is a flat charge (if not, supply the measures), the value of the parcel, and the type of postal service you choose. It is possible that you may need to weigh the shipment in order to appropriately calculate the postage. If you have a large number of parcels to ship, it may be advantageous to invest in a digital scale. In addition to purchasing postal scales, you’ll be able to choose your notification choices for tracking, receipts, and delivery alerts on the United States Postal Service website.
- Choosing a service is step number five. You will be able to see the shipping choices and pricing as a result. Take notice of the package dimensions, since your parcel’s dimensions must correspond to the shipping option and price you’ve chosen.
- 6Choose a delivery method for your order. Choose a box size, a shipping option, and a price, then click ″Add to Cart.″
- 7 To complete the transaction, click on the checkout button. When you’re through shopping, click ″checkout″ and follow the payment steps to complete your transaction. You’ll need to pay using a credit card, however if your debit card bears the VISA or MasterCard logo, it may be used and processed in the same way as a credit card. If a PIN is not required, credit cards such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted. In order to buy postage, you are unable to do so at this moment using PayPal.
- Following the purchase of postage, you may print off a mailing label, which you can attach to the outside of your box or envelope. Simply take it to your local post office, arrange for a home pickup, or drop it off at a USPS dropbox
- 1 Locate a suitable spot. Keep an eye out for the United States Postal Service emblem in areas where you usually shop. Stamps are often available for purchase in the following locations: ATMs, banks, big box stores, gas stations, grocery stores, office supply stores, and pharmacies
- 2 Use the internet to look for retail stores near you.
- If you’re having problems finding a retail store that sells stamps, go online and check the United States Postal Service’s website for a list of local shops.
- Go to usps.com and select the ″Quick Tools″ option under the ″Quick Tools″ title.
- Select ″Find USPS Locations″ from the drop-down menu and then ″Approved Postal Providers″ from the Location Types drop-down menu.
- Enter your location information and click on ″Search.″
- 3 Choose your stamps and make your order.
- Once you’ve discovered a place that sells stamps, you’ll most likely be able to purchase them at the register or through customer service.
- Take note that there are no restrictions controlling the resale price of postal stamps in the United States.
- Customers can purchase stamps from merchants for a profit, so pay close attention to the price you are being charged if you purchase your stamps in this manner.
- 1 Locate an automated postal center (APC) or a self-service kiosk.
- The majority of the time, they are found within post offices, however they can also be seen in other public areas as well.
- You may discover a post office kiosk by conducting an internet search in about five minutes.
- For further information, go to usps.com and then click on the ″Quick Tools″ header.
- Select ″Find USPS Locations″ from the drop-down menu and then ″Self-Service Kiosk″ from the location type drop-down menu.
- Enter your location information and click on ″Search.″
- 2At the APC, make use of the touch screen. This will initiate your purchase. 3Select ″Buy Stamps″ from the drop-down menu. This is most likely going to be one of the top possibilities presented.
- 4 Select your stamps from the available options. There are several stamp types to choose from, as well as the number of stamps that you want to purchase. As an example, you’ll be required to pick between express mail, priority mail, booklets of everlasting stamps, foreign postage, and choosing your own value postage
- 5Follow the instructions for making a payment. Having selected your stamp selection, you’ll need to pay using a credit, debit, or EBT card to complete the transaction.
- 6Take stamps and a receipt with you. Your stamps and receipt will be dispensed by the machine from two different slots on the machine. 7Take one final glance at the APC to ensure that you are ″logged out,″ that is, that it is not asking any more questions and has not returned to the intake page before closing your transaction. This is done to ensure that your card is not still active in the machine and that no one else can use it after you. Advertisement
- 1Call 1-800-STAMP-24 toll-free (1-800-782-6724). This is the USPS phone number, and you may reach them at any time of day or night, seven days a week.
- 2Choose your stamps from the assortment. You’ll need to specify the sort of stamps you want as well as the amount of stamps you desire. Before making a decision, it may be beneficial to look at the stamps that are now available. Before phoning the number, search it up on the internet.
- 3 Make a payment for your stamps. To complete your purchase, you will need to use a credit card. Make sure you’re okay with the idea of providing this information over the phone before you go ahead and do it. If you don’t have any stamps, you might want to consider purchasing some at a kiosk or online. There will be a modest processing fee paid to you.
- 1 Inquire with your mail carrier to see if they have any stamps for sale.
- Typically, only postal carriers on rural routes sell stamps, but you might also inquire with your mail carrier about purchasing stamps.
- Rural route carriers often have enough stamps on hand to suit the demands of their clients’ mailings.
- You should avoid merely leaving your letter and a change of money to cover postage in the mailbox.
- If your postal carrier does not have stamps available for purchase, you may be causing them additional effort.
- 2If they don’t have any stamps, ask them for a Stamps by Mail purchase form. Your mail carrier can also assist you in placing an order for stamps for delivery through the use of a Stamps by Mail order form. 3 You may either have your postal carrier give you the form to fill out or you can pick one up at the post office. Send the completed form, along with your money, to the post office. Include a personal check or postal money order with the form (PS Form 3227-A) once you’ve specified the type and amount of stamps you’d like to receive. Stamps sent through the mail are free of charge. Use the Business Reply envelope to prevent the need to use a stamp to place an order for more stamps. To send a money order, make it payable to ″United States Postal Service.″ Never transfer money in cash
4Receive your stamps in the mail. Your stamps will be sent to you within a few days by your mail carrier. Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question Is there a shipping fee for stamps that have been purchased from the post office? They do, in fact.
- Question Is it possible to purchase stamps from my mail carrier? Answer from the Ryderbishop1 Community Even in remote locations, you may always inquire with your carrier to see if he or she has any extras on hand.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible to have stamps supplied to my home via mail? Postal service USPS.com will deliver them directly to your home or office. Aside from that, you may get stamped envelopes and mailing supplies.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to receive a stamps-by-mail envelope sent to my address? As a result, when they give me the stamps (which I pay for with a check), they generally include an extra envelope for the next time I do it. If you require a stamps-by-mail envelope, either place a note in your mailbox for your letter carrier or contact 1-800-ASK-USPS to obtain one over the phone.
- Concerning the Question What is the price of a stamp in your country? At the time of writing, first-class mail costs 49 cents for the first ounce. Is it possible to purchase postcard stamps (34) from a location other than the post office? Most local USPS contract offices with a dedicated service desk keep stamps in common denominations like these on hand, whereas retail establishments that exclusively sell stamp booklets do not have this inventory. The Find Locations option on the United States Postal Service website is the most efficient method to discover an authorized local vendor. My mailbox has a personal check for stamps. Will the delivery person take this personal check? Yes, if the delivery person is familiar with you. In any other case, a photo ID would be required to authenticate the check. In response to the question, does 7-Eleven sell stamps? Yes, as do the vast majority of convenience retailers.
- Concerning the Question Upon purchase of stamps online, are they delivered by the carrier or are they mailed to the address provided by the customer? They will be delivered to the address you enter on the website by a clerk or a carrier.
- Question What is the average time it takes to get postage stamps in the mail? Technically, it will take between 2 and 5 business days. Although the United States Postal Service (USPS) will ship them straight from your local post office in a letter, they will most likely arrive the next day after you place your order. Any delays would be caused by the fact that the stamps you requested were not available at your local post office and had to be shipped from another location.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
VideoRead Video Transcript
- Stamps are also available for purchase from a variety of online shops, including Amazon. Please keep in mind that you may be forced to pay for shipping fees.
- You may purchase pre-paid envelopes and postcards, as well as other mailing services and package materials, on the United States Postal Service website. On the website, there is a link to the Postal Store that you can click on. There, you may browse through the numerous stamps that are available for purchase, including collector stamps and charity benefit stamps.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleXIf you don’t mind spending a little more money, you can purchase stamps online.
- There are a number of online sellers who will mail stamps to you for a tiny additional fee on top of the cost of the stamps.
- Additionally, you may purchase stamps online and print them off at your convenience.
- In order to purchase postal stamps in person, you need contact local pharmacies in your neighborhood.
- Stamps are available from many of the bigger retail chains, as well as some of the smaller pharmacy stores in your region.
- Stamps are frequently available for purchase at banks, so inquire when you next visit to make a deposit or withdraw cash to see whether your bank sells stamps.
Many grocery stores, in addition to banks and pharmacies, have stamps available at the customer service desk for purchase.If you are still unable to get stamps in your region, check finding a shipping center, bookshop, or library in your neighborhood, since these establishments frequently have stamps.Continue reading for information on how to purchase stamps over the phone or at specific kiosks.Did you find this overview to be helpful?
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,159,919 times.
Where to buy postage stamps, including the post office, online, and big-box stores
- If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, Insider may get a commission. More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c Postage stamps are useful to keep on hand for when you need to send actual mail, such as greeting cards, bills, or any other type of correspondence.
- If you want to get any, your local post office is a fine place to start, but you don’t have to go there because you may order them from the United States Postal Service’s website.
- Grocery shops, pharmacies, and other such establishments frequently have stamp booklets as well.
Your local post office
The customer service line may be rather lengthy, depending on the time of day and day of the week. If you only require stamps, you should instead use one of the computerized self-service kiosks (if they are accessible), as there are rarely any waits to use these. The disadvantage is that you will be unable to purchase speciality stamps.
- Among the stamps available on the post office’s website are those featuring the standard United States flag, as well as holiday and themed options (such as the Bugs Bunny stamp, the American outdoors, and the moon landing), as well as stamps featuring notable Americans like Gwen Ifill, Sally Ride, Walt Whitman, and Arnold Palmer, among others.
- The tyrannosaurus rex choice is both shiny and entertaining.
- Color, shape, theme, denomination, and other options are available for filtering on the site.
- Stamps may be found almost anywhere, including grocery shops, pharmacies, and office supply stores, among other places.
- Instead of taking a chance on whether or not your local Publix or Kroger carries them, you may use the USPS’s location finder to find out.
- Input your zip code and select ″national retailer″ from the drop-down location selection that appears after you type it in.
- The results may vary depending on your location, but you should expect to see names like Walgreens, Winn-Dixie, and Staples.
- Keep in mind that these establishments frequently only offer stamp booklets, so you won’t be able to purchase individual stamps from them.
- Furthermore, most businesses only sell items in person at their real premises.
Costco also offers stamps, which are available in 100-count packages, making it a suitable choice for corporations and those who send a lot of letters.They are not available for purchase online and may not be available at all store locations.Sam’s Club, on the other hand, will allow you to purchase stamps online.
USPS Forever First Class Postage Stamps (20-count)
- Stamps are available for purchase at some banks and credit unions through their ATMs or tellers.
- This varies from place to location, but the next time you are in the middle of a transaction, ask whether they also provide stamps as an option.
- When searching for an ATM or branch on their respective websites, US Bank and Fifth Third Bank allow you to filter by locations that sell stamps, among other options.
- According to a Wells Fargo spokesman, the bank no longer sells stamps on its website.
- A stamp order form can also be obtained from your postal carrier, who will then furnish you with the necessary stamps.
- You may place an order over the phone by dialing 1-800-STAMP-24 (800-782-6724).
- If your company needs to purchase stamps in bulk, you may reach out to the US Postal Service at this number or by email at [email protected]
- Those interested in starting a collection can also browse through the USA Philatelic catalog and place an order via the catalog’s order form.
- Online businesses such as Stamps.com allow you to print postage from the comfort of your own home, but there is a monthly subscription.
- If you have an urgent need to get something out right away, you may be able to sign up for a free trial with a mailing service.
Note: Personalized stamps were formerly available for purchase on Minted, Zazzle, and other gift websites, but the United States Postal Service stopped the service in June 2020.You can still send mail using any leftover postage that you may have purchased in a prior transaction.Jenny McGrath is the Home Editor for Insider Reviews, where she is in charge of monitoring coverage of robot vacuums, mattresses, cleaning goods, and other home-related products and services.Jenny has more than six years of experience writing about smart-home technologies and home appliances for a variety of publications.
She’s tried and reviewed nearly every smart home gadget imaginable, from thermostats to light bulbs to ovens to locks, and she’s written a book about it.Intelligent devices such as smart speakers, linked light switches, and smart appliances may be found throughout her house.Jenny worked as a senior writer and home editor for Digital Trends before joining the team at Business Insider.Before Amazon introduced its first Echo device and the same year Google acquired Nest, she served as the site’s first home editor, launching the site’s home section in 2014.
She’s seen the evolution of smart-home and home appliance trends at trade exhibitions such as CES, KBIS, and IFA, among others.She lives in Seattle and is always on the lookout for new podcasts to listen to.Some examples of her work are listed below: The greatest Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, and other sparkling wines available at every price point for any occasion.Experts share their favorite planners for keeping organized in 2021, as well as their top tips and tactics.Find out more about how our team of specialists tests and analyzes items at Insider by visiting this page.Learn more about how we put kitchen goods through their paces.
More information may be found here.Less time spent reading
Where to buy postage stamps outside the post office
- You should be aware of alternate locations where you may get postage stamps besides the nearest post office.
- In most cases, custom-made papers need the use of postage stamps.
- It serves as proof of payment and a receipt for postage, which is why they are frequently offered in post offices for the convenience of those who mail letters—at least, that was the case in the past—and We now belong to a generation that also collects postal stamps as a kind of investment and entertainment.
- Each year’s stamps have a different design and topic, which is why collectors like to set up boundaries around their collections rather than merely buying and collecting them.
- Additionally, people in this generation may mail letters without having to visit their local post offices.
- There are several states and nations where post boxes may be found almost everywhere on the street; as a result, travelling to post offices to purchase postage stamps might be a bother for certain individuals in these locations.
If you are one of those individuals who does not have the time to visit your local post office, the list provided below will undoubtedly assist you in locating alternative locations where you may get postage stamps without having to go through the inconvenience of going to your local post office.LOCATIONS (NEAR YOU) WHERE POSTAGE STAMPS CAN BE PURCHASED Postage stamps are now available for purchase at a variety of locations, including malls, department stores, banks, and even pharmacies, in this age of convenience.However, not every one of the aforementioned shops sells postal stamps.It is always dependent on the geographical location of the institution in question.
As a result, it is still recommended to make a stop at one of the local post offices beforehand, or to consult our page to find out where to buy postage stamps the next time.1.Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) – These devices have been designed specifically to provide convenience to the human species.There are ATMs available where you may withdraw money, and you can also purchase stamps from them.
These kind of ATMs, on the other hand, are exclusively available in a few states.In a few more years, you may anticipate that this type of service will be available at all ATMs around the country.2.Banks – If you are a frequent visitor to your bank and are in need of postal stamps at the same time, you will be overjoyed to learn that banks sell a variety of postage stamps in different denominations.However, the same is true for ATMs, with only a few financial institutions providing this service.You can ask the cashier the next time you see them if their local bank sells stamps or if they don’t have any.
3.Gas stations – Purchasing postage stamps at a gas station is one of the most convenient options.It is well known that these stations are open at all hours of the day and night.
So if you find yourself in need of some stamps in the middle of the night, simply drive to your local gas station and you’ll be able to return home with your postal stamps in hand.4.WalMart – You can find a WalMart store almost anyplace in the United States.Because it is referred to as our ″neighbourhood store,″ purchasing stamps will never be a headache for you because it is conveniently positioned near your home.
- Online Websites – If you prefer not to leave your house, you may get your stamps instantly by visiting a website that is only a couple of clicks away.
- From the Amazon online store to the actual postage stamp store, the United States Postal Service, you will never need to seek for nearby locations to just purchase postage stamps again.
- It’s all about the gadgets you use.
Places to Buy Stamps: A Guide to Where You Can Buy Stamps (Updated 2022)
- Finding out where the local stamp shops are in your neighborhood is a sensible move.
- No matter if you want to purchase single stamps, international stamps, or a book of stamps, knowing where to buy stamps near you and the individuals who sell stamps is essential if you want to send mail and postcards to friends and family.
- If you want to purchase any, a smart place to start is your local post office.
- Fortunately, the post office isn’t the only site where you can get postage stamps and other mail-related materials.
- There are a variety of places to get stamps near you right now, including the United States Post Office, Walgreens, Walmart, Staples, your local post office, CVS Pharmacy, Royal Mail Post Offices, Rite Aid, and other convenience stores.
- The following are some local sites and places where you may get postage stamps, as well as the names of individuals that sell postage stamps in your area.
List of Places and Locations that Sells Stamps
- The following are the finest venues to purchase stamps: Amazon and online retailers (where you can order stamps online)
- the United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Walmart super center stores
- CVS Pharmacy
- a gas station
- books and office supply stores
- UPS Stores near you
- Royal Mail post offices
- and other locations as indicated.
This guide will show you some nearby sites where you can buy stamps, actual establishments that sell stamps, and places where you can buy postage stamps and mailing supplies so that you can send your mail and postcards more effectively.
Detailed Guide to Where You Can Buy Stamps
- Purchase stamps at your local post office or place an order for them through the United States Postal Service (USPS) website, which also sells them, along with other online sellers such as Amazon.
- Additionally, stamps are available from respected financial institutions such as Bank of America, Staples, petrol stations, and large box merchants such as Walmart.
- Here is a list of places where you may get stamps in the United States:
1 – Amazon – Order Stamps Online
- Stamps may now be ordered and purchased online through Amazon and the official United States Postal Service website.
- Other online retailers, such as Best Buy, Target, and Walmart, also offer postage stamps on their websites, should you need to place an order for stamps over the internet.
- The only issue with E-commerce sites is that they do not offer stamps in single pieces, so you will have to purchase a single sheet and have it sent to you within 1 – 2 days after placing your order on the website.
- As a result, if you are not in a hurry, Amazon is the ideal online store to purchase stamps.
- You may always browse the websites of these online shops from your smartphone or computer and place an order for a stamp online.
2 – United States Postal Service (USPS)
If you want to purchase some stamps, a smart place to start is your local post office. Instead of visiting your local post office, you can purchase a USPS stamp online using the United States Postal Service’s website, which is available in both English and Spanish. You may order as many stamps as you like from the United States Postal Service website here.
- The United States Postal Service, which is an officially recognized government entity, is a very good and finest site to purchase stamps (USPS).
- There are real walk-in post offices where you may purchase stamps, and you can also order some online if you like.
- A concise overview of the history of the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- The United States Postal Service, sometimes known as the United States Postal Service (USPS), was established on July 1, 1971, with Benjamin Franklin serving as the nation’s first postmaster general of the United States Mail.
- Stamps may now be purchased from brick-and-mortar post offices or directly through The Postal Store, which is a significant improvement over previous years.
3 – Banks
- One disadvantage of acquiring or purchasing a stamp from a bank is that the bank’s hours of operation are not always guaranteed to be open on a consistent basis. Additionally, you can receive decent stamps from practically every bank these days, aside from those mentioned above. TD Banks and the Bank of America are two big financial institutions that are guaranteed to carry stamps. Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Key Bank are among the financial institutions that offer stamps.
Keep in mind that if you’re in the UK and want to buy stamps, you shouldn’t go to your local bank because postage stamps are not sold by UK banks.
4 – Walmart Super Center Stores
- Walmart stores can be found in virtually every town and city in the United States.
- You can purchase stamps at your local Walmart store, which is another plus.
- The good news is that Walmart is guaranteed to be open at all times, so you will not be restricted by time constraints as you would be if you were purchasing from a bank.
- It is also advantageous to shop at Walmart or any other major grocery store because, if you require additional materials such as writing paper, an envelope, and possibly some wrapping paper, this is the place to go.
5 – Pharmacies – CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid
- Although it is possible that one or more of the local pharmacies will have stamps, this is not a given because not all pharmacies carry stamps. Stamps are available for purchase from several of the most well-known companies. Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS should all be able to assist you in getting stamps for your passport. They have a large selection of stamps, so you’re likely to find one that’s perfect for your project. Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Fry’s, and Duane Reade are just a few of the pharmacies that offer stamps.
6 – A Gas Station
- When it comes to purchasing postal stamps and sending orders, gas outlets do far better than banks.
- The explanation for this is not far from truth, since they are constantly open due to the fact that they provide gas to customers on a consistent basis.
- Their up-time is more reliable than that of the financial institutions.
- Stamps are unfortunately not available at every petrol station; however, most major stations do.
- Gas stations are another another highly convenient location to pick up postage stamps for your mailing needs.
- While the majority of them have stamps behind the counter, there are those that don’t.
If you want to purchase something, you’ll have to inquire with the clerk.
7 – Bookstores and Office Supply Stores
- If you can’t find stamps at your local bookseller or at the nearby basics or office supply store, there are other places to look.
- Inclusion of this final item will make the list insufficiently comprehensive.
- Supplies for the workplace.
- Despite the fact that this is a late entry into the sector, most office retail suppliers now carry stamps.
- In any case, because they have been selling the materials used in the sending of items for years, it’s really simply a natural evolution for them.
- For a start, you may check out Office Depot, Staples, and Office Max to see what they have.
Despite this, the US postal prices are the same across the board at every store that sells stamps.
8 – UPS Stores
- Postage stamps are available for purchase and distribution at all UPS Stores, either in a book of 20 or separately.
- They even sell pre-stamped envelopes if you want to make things more easier.
- Even if you opt to purchase stamps from the UPS shop, be sure it is not a package center, as they are designated for the sorting and putting of shipping orders for business customers.
- It must be a smaller UPS Store in order to be able to provide postage stamps to the general public.
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.
- to 5:00 p.m.
For the five working days of the week, Monday through Friday, the majority of UPS shops are open by 8am and shut by 6 or 7pm on most days of the week.Saturday hours are largely dictated by the location of the business.Supplies for mailing: Visiting a UPS shop will provide you with access to the whole variety of mailing and packing goods available.Packaging supplies such as cardboard boxes, envelopes, paper, cards, packing peanuts, packaging tape, and courier services are also available.
Also available is the option to have your mail delivered by general delivery, which is useful if you are going on a lengthy trip and require a temporary delivery address for crucial letters.
9 – An ATM Center
- The latest trend in the money sector is to provide more useful services and items that money can be used to purchase.
- What’s the harm in trying?
- All of this is done in order to generate more money while providing services.
- This is a relatively recent development that is expanding quickly and catching up with other industries.
- Stamps are accessible in many of the newer ATMs, however not all of them have stamps available for purchase.
- Just a quick note: the majority of ATMs that offer stamps as part of their business are more likely to be found on the west coast of the United States.
10 – Staples
- It is not unexpected to see staples at the top of our list of sites and locations where you can buy postal stamps in your area, given that the vast majority of office retail suppliers and stationery stores carry stamps as part of their offerings.
- In addition, this is true for bigger chain retailers such as Staples.
- While visiting Staples to purchase stamps, one of the most impressive aspects of the experience is the fact that you can also purchase any other stamp-related things, such as printer cartridges, envelopes, pencils, pens, and other stamp-collecting equipment while you’re there.
- You may also get additional school and workplace materials while you’re there.
- To purchase postal stamps, you may now visit a local essential store to discover one that is convenient for you.
- While you may already be aware of where to purchase stamps from retailers in your area, you may also be interested in learning about some of the world’s most valuable stamps.
A list of stamp retailers near you can come in handy when you’re on vacation and want to send a postcard or mail an important document to a friend, but you can’t find a place to purchase a stamp since you’re in the middle of nowhere.Not to mention, if you want to purchase Stamps Online for the sake of convenience, your best choice is to do so through the United States Postal Service website or a trustworthy online platform such as Amazon.Nonetheless, the price of United States postal stamps is the same worldwide.
How Many Stamps Do I Need?
- In order to mail a normal letter, you should use two Domestic Forever Stamps in total.
- One first-class stamp is required for each ounce of weight in a letter weighing one ounce.
- An first first-class stamp costs $0.55, and each extra ounce after that costs $0.15 per ounce.
- For example, if you want to ship a 2-ounce letter, you will need postage stamps that are $0.70 in value.
- Please keep in mind that costs may differ depending on where you purchase your postage stamps.
Physical Stores That Sell Stamps
If you’re looking for a real store where you can buy stamps right now that’s close to you or your workplace, you may stroll into any of these locations and ask for stamps. The following are the best physical locations to purchase stamps in your area:
- US Postal Service
- Royal Mail Post Offices
- Walmart Super Center Stores
- Your Local Newsagents and Grocery Stores
- CVS Pharmacy
- Superstores and Supermarkets such as Food Lion, Tesco, Walmart and Sainsbury’s
- CVS Pharmacy
- Supermarkets such as Food Lion, Tesco, Walmart and Sainsbury’s
Online Stores That Sell Stamps
- In the event that you need to purchase stamps online for the purpose of convenience or because no physical location close to you offers stamps, the following online businesses sell stamps and dispatch them the same day you place your order. You may purchase stamps via the United States Postal Service (USPS) website, Amazon (which offers same-day shipping), Walmart, Staples, and Post Office Shop UK (Postofficeshop.co.uk) — which is exclusively available to residents of the United Kingdom.
Where to Buy Postage Stamps: Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of the most commonly asked inquiries regarding purchasing postage stamps are provided in this section.
How much does it cost to buy stamps in 2021?
- The following is an example of how much it costs to purchase postage stamps today: Stamps for domestic mailing cost an average of $0.30 to $0.90 per stamp, depending on the country.
- Each additional ounce will be charged at a rate of $0.21.
- The cost of stamps for domestic shipping may go up to $22 per envelope or box for flat rate envelopes and shipments.
- Stamps.com is the source of this information.
- The origin of this issue may be traced back to widespread skepticism over whether CVS offers stamps or not.
- The answer is a resounding yes!
There are stamps available in CVS stores, however they are typically available in bundles or books, so calling ahead is recommended before heading to the closest CVS shop near you.
Does Walgreens sell stamps?
- Yes, Walgreens, better known as the huge drugstore shop, sells stamps as well as other items.
- All you have to do is go to any Walgreens store in your area and ask for a stamp from the cashier there.
- As a result, the short answer is that Walgreens does indeed sell stamps.
- Target does offer stamps, however not all Target shops carry them.
- Prior to visiting the Target store of your choice, it is normally recommended that you call and ask for the stamps.
- A total of more than 48,000 stamp-buying outlets and individuals that sell stamps are located throughout the United States.
To obtain the stamps, you can travel to any of the locations listed above.
Am I saving money buying stamps in bulk?
- In most cases, postage stamps are not offered at a discounted rate, regardless of where you obtain them or from whom you purchase them.
- Most businesses provide stamps to consumers as a convenience and as a way to demonstrate their commitment to excellent customer service.
- They are not making a significant amount of money off of their selling.
- If you only use one or two stamps each year, purchasing a whole book of stamps is not a realistic option.
- The most important reason to have them with you at all times is to avoid asking queries such as where to get stamps or where can I buy stamps near me in a foreign country that you have no prior knowledge of or experience with.
- (This is for folks who are accustomed to sending with postage stamps.) In recent years, it has been common knowledge that, as new smart technology and digitalization have rapidly expanded, the need for postage stamps has decreased significantly as compared to earlier days when they were the sole option for delivering mail.
All of this is due to the development of a faster and more efficient electronic mailing system, which has resulted in a little increase in the price of postage stamps.A total of more than 48,000 stamp-buying outlets and individuals that sell stamps are located throughout the United States.To obtain the stamps, you can travel to any of the locations listed above.
Uses of Postage Stamps
- In the same way that a paper notebook is used for writing, a postage stamp is used to ensure that your package reaches its destination and is delivered to the intended recipient.
- The postal system’s monetary system is represented through the stamps they issue.
- The postage stamp and, of course, the postmark serve as a proof to the postmaster that you have paid all of the expenses associated with your order.
- Additionally, you must include a postage stamp on your mail in order to ensure appropriate delivery understanding.
- It’s important to know what sort of delivery is going to be done on your mail and to what place it’s going to, as well as the function of your mail (whether it’s government or military mail, or just normal mail).
- When you next look for locations to purchase stamps or where can I buy stamps near me, remember that ″the higher the rating, the better″ since, as you may already know, ″the higher, the better.″ When compared to the other inexpensive stamps available, a costly stamp can expedite the delivery of your letter and allow it to reach its destination in less time.
- When it comes to purchasing stamps, the rates are virtually the same everywhere, thus stressing yourself out by traveling from one location to another will not result in any major savings.
- To be quite honest, it’s all about convenience.
- If the Post Office is closed, Walmart is likely to be your best chance for supplies.
- Even if your local Walmart is closed, you may still shop at a gas station or a grocery store.
- Whatever the situation may be, it is undeniably becoming more convenient to purchase postal stamps in your area.
- We hope you found this postage stamps purchasing guide to be of use in resolving difficulties such as where can I purchase stamps near me and any other inquiries you may have about locating locations and places to buy postage stamps near me and other related topics.
So, the next time you look for or see someone searching for who sells stamps or where to buy stamps, simply direct them to our website since there is no longer any reason why you can’t purchase postage stamps anytime you want from the nearest store to you.
Need Postage Stamps? It’s Easier Than You Think
- Do you require postage stamps?
- Your adversaries may be closer than you believe.
- Save yourself a trip to the Post Office the next time you want stamps because you can now obtain them from any location, even your home.
- Place your order online.
- You may find a large selection of stamps at the United States Postal Service’s website, usps.com Simply click on the ″Buy Stamps & Shop″ button to make a quick purchase for a little cost.
- Alternatively, you may use the ″Click-N-Ship″ feature to print postage for sending items online.
Place your order over the phone.The number to call is 1-800-STAMP 24 (1-800-782-6724) to order the whole series of stamps or to order individual stamps for a small cost.While you’re ″out and about,″ you may pick up stamps from any location that displays the ″Buy Stamps Here″ emblem, such as your local grocery shop, pharmacy, convenience store, or office supply store.Even at financial institutions and automated teller machines (ATMs).
Alternatively, go to usps.com and click on ″Locate a Post Office,″ then under ″Options,″ pick ″Alternate Locations to Buy Stamps,″ to discover the nearest site.From the person who delivers your letter.Order your stamps through the mail; there are no ordering fees, and you will receive free delivery to your home or workplace.Inquire with your mail carrier about obtaining a mail-order form.
Then, along with a check or money order payable to United States Postal Service, mail it to the nearest Post Office.Your stamps will be sent to you within a few days by your carrier.Using the telephone.To buy postage, you can use your credit card and the Postal Service’s 24-hour stamp hotline to place your order.There is a minor handling fee to be aware of.Call 1-800-STAMP-24 toll-free (1-800-782-6724).
Save yourself the hassle of making a trip to the Post Office and waiting in line.Make use of one of the options listed above to collect your postage.Give it a go.
You’ll appreciate how convenient it is!Contact the United States Postal Service at 1-800-275-8777 or visit their website for more information on purchasing stamps, sending stamps by mail, postal regulations, a free subscription to USA Philatelic magazine, PostOffice events, the location of the nearest postal store or contract unit, or for answers to your specific Postal Service questions.The Postal Service may plan a presentation for your neighborhood, club, or organization on how it brings the Post Office to your home or office computer by calling 239-573-9638 (toll-free).Please keep in mind that the USPS Newsroom may be found at www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/welcome.htm, where you can get broadcast-quality video and audio, picture stills, and other media materials.
- The United States Postal Service is a self-supporting government operation that is the only postal service that delivers to every address in the country, including 150 million households, businesses, and Post Office Boxes.
- The United States Postal Service does not receive any tax revenue.
- The Postal Service, which has 36,000 retail locations and the most frequently viewed website in the federal government, relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover its operational expenditures, which are funded mostly by the sale of postage.
- The Postal Service, which has been named the Most Trusted Government Agency for five straight years and the sixth Most Trusted Business in the country by the Ponemon Institute, generates more than $68 billion in yearly revenue and distributes about half of all mail in the globe.
- If the United States Postal Service were a private sector firm, it would be ranked 26th on the Fortune 500 list for 2008.
Does CVS Sell Stamps In 2022? (Types, Prices + Locations)
- In the event that you need to purchase stamps fast but do not want to stand in line at the post office, you may want to consider purchasing them from your local grocery, pharmacy, or convenience shop instead.
- You might be asking if CVS sells stamps as well because, in addition to pharmaceutical services, the company provides its consumers with a wide selection of everyday essentials at their locations.
- As of 2022, CVS sells a large variety of postal stamps in the form of a booklet of 20 stamps for $10, which includes a variety of designs.
- At-store customers may find them at the cashier’s counter in any CVS retail location.
- Please keep in mind that CVS does not sell stamps online.
- Continue reading if you are interested in learning more about the many types and pric