Amazon asks customers to wait 36 hours after the expected delivery in case it turns up. Generally, the retailer should be able to send out a new package, or issue a refund if it’s clear the package was stolen or lost. Local police departments recommend filing theft reports as well.
To file an Amazon Stolen Package Claim:
- Sign in to your Amazon account and click ‘Your Orders.’
- Find the order in question and select ‘Problem with Order.’
- You will then be prompted to select the problem with your order. Enter that your package has not arrived.
- Finally, hit ‘Request Refund’ and submit.
What to do if your Amazon package gets stolen from the porch?
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer. If you are now entirely sure that your Amazon package got stolen from the porch, you can directly contact Amazon. Chat with customer service to let them know the details of the issue. Amazon retailers should be able to send out new packages or can issue refunds to the customer.
How do I report a stolen order to Amazon?
Once you have filed your report with the package carrier, reach out to Amazon through their message center and let them know you have had a stolen order. They will want to know that you have filed a report with the proper carrier, and any evidence you can supply will be beneficial.
How do I recover my lost package from Amazon?
Here’s what we recommend you to do recover your package. Go to Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Find order in question and click ‘Order Details’ > view ‘Shipping Address’ to ensure it is correct
How often are packages stolen from Amazon?
Some of the latest reports state that 1.7 million packages are stolen every day. It can be really frustrating if you suspect a package has been stolen, but following a few steps will help you focus on making sure the situation is handled properly. Go to your Amazon account and make sure you listed the proper address when you placed your order.
Will Amazon replace stolen package?
Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost. Amazon has made shopping easier than ever, but a missing or stolen Amazon package can cause a real headache. And as online shopping surges, so does your likelihood of becoming a victim of package
What should I do if my Amazon package is lost?
– Three days have passed since the maximum delivery date, or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is sooner. – The order is different from expected and you’ve requested a return with the seller. – You returned an item via a trackable shipping method and the seller hasn’t issued you a refund.
Does Amazon lost my package?
Your package may be lost. Package are rarely this late and we’re sorry yours still hasn’t arrive. You can wait another couple of days or sign in to view more options. You may also see the package was shipped with AMZL_US or Amazon Logistics and contain a tracking number. You can only view the status of the tracking number by clicking details in your order details because the tracking number is internal to Amazon.
How to retrieve a stolen package?
Here’s what you should do if your Amazon package is stolen by a porch pirate
- By now, it should be obvious that internet ordering is not going away anytime soon.
- Package theft, sometimes known as ″porch piracy,″ is a major problem as the holiday season gets into full swing.
- Porch pirate, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, is a crime that rises over the Christmas season, but it is difficult to detect since the department’s system does not clearly separate out types of crimes.
- However, if you go on Nextdoor message boards and local community organizations, you will find reports of package snatchers as well as cautions about them.
- This year, Shorr Packaging Corp., located in Illinois, conducted an analysis of the Google search phrase ″Amazon package stolen″ to determine where Amazon package theft occurs most frequently in the country’s 50 biggest cities.
- According to search volume and U.S.
Census projections, tech centers San Francisco and Seattle were at the top of the list, with Indianapolis coming in at number three.According to the business, this reflects only a percentage of the total number of victims of package theft because it only represents those who search for the keyword on Google.What businesses will be open on Thanksgiving Day in 2021?Here’s a list of grocery store and retail store opening and closing times.
- According to Lt.
- Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department, ″it’s that time of the year.″ ″People are on the streets attempting to commit crimes of convenience.
- If someone has an easy chance to commit a crime, they will take advantage of the situation.″ According to Sean Stoops, chief of police of the Avon Police Department, there has only been one recorded incidence of a homeowner who has had a parcel taken from their porch since November 1, according to police records.
- However, this does not rule out the possibility that it has occurred more frequently in the past; it may just have gone unnoticed.
- ″The majority of the time, the objects that are successfully taken from the porches are never found,″ he stated.
In an interview with CNN, UPS spokeswoman Dawn Wotapka stated the number of events involving the company has stayed relatively stable over the previous several years, and that ″media attention has grown as a result of the greater usage of video surveillance technologies now available to customers.″ More: Target will close its shops on Thanksgiving Day for the foreseeable future.However, there was a police sting in Jersey City when police officers collaborated with Amazon to catch porch pirates using fictitious items and doorbell cameras, which were used to catch them.YouTuber Mark Rober recently posted a video on his channel that has gone viral, demonstrating a clever ″glitter bomb trap″ he devised to spoof package thieves.
Amazon even has a Porch Pirate Bag that is strengthened with ballistic material and latches to the front door handle.
How to keep your packages from being stolen
- If package theft is a problem in your neighborhood, investing in a security camera may be a wise decision for you. In addition, Stoops stated that the prevalence of security cameras is increasing, and that having video or images of potential suspects is beneficial in an investigation. Online, you may find low-cost solutions for around $40, as well as higher-tech ones such as doorbell cameras that connect to your smartphone, which are becoming increasingly popular. If you have not yet ordered your presents, you should take the following precautions to guarantee that they are delivered safely: Have your items delivered to a different location. If it is permitted, have them delivered to your place of business or to a neighbor you trust who will be there when the package is delivered.
- Cooperate with the transportation companies. Specify the specific location where items should be left, arrange a delivery window or day, or have packages kept at the facility
- Have your delivery delivered to a locker in the neighborhood. Check with the merchant to see whether this is a possibility, and then pick up your box whenever it is convenient for you.
- Take, for example, a private mailbox. These alternatives are provided by the United States Postal Service, UPS, and other shipping providers.
Your package was stolen, now what?
- If you believe your shipment has been stolen, conduct a thorough search. Is it possible that it’s on the rear porch? What’s hidden behind a pot? Is it being delivered to an old address or a neighbor’s house? It is possible that a failed delivery notification has been received
- if so, the product is still in the possession of the shipping company. However, if you are still unsuccessful, look for the tracking number in the delivery confirmation email or online on the website. Each stage of the package’s travel should be documented in full, with tracking information at each step. If delivery was verified, but the parcel has not been located, contact the retailer’s customer service department to make a missing package claim. Customers are asked to wait 36 hours after the anticipated delivery date in case the package does not arrive. In most cases, if it’s evident that the product was stolen or lost, the store should be able to send out a replacement or offer a reimbursement to the customer. Local police offices often urge that you file a report about a theft. According to Bickel, the city of Carmel does not keep track of this form of crime, but the city is not immune to these types of crimes. ″It is recommended that you disclose it regardless of the worth of the item,″ he explained. ″The police department is interested in finding out that information. Even if the things are replaced by the merchant, he added, the police department still wants to be aware of the situation ″in case we need to reallocate personnel or focus them in specific locations.″ If your shipment is stolen, use these actions to recover your property: Look in every direction. Check behind and under items, talk to your neighbors, check with your apartment office, and look for past addresses where your box has been delivered.
- Locate the tracking number on your computer. Investigate the tracking information to be certain that the delivery was delivered and to determine where the box was placed
- Customer support should be contacted. Contact the online store and make a complaint or a claim
- contact the shipping company with your concerns. They can also immediately communicate with the retailer about the situation.
- Make a formal police report. Please call 911 for non-emergency assistance and provide as many data as possible, including images and video if you have a surveillance camera.
Kellie Hwang works as a reporter for the Indianapolis Star. [email protected] is the email address to get in touch with her. Follow her on Twitter, where she goes by the handle @KellieHwang. According to the Indianapolis Star, this piece originally published as follows: Is your Amazon box being stolen by a ″porch pirate″? What you should do is as follows:
What To Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
- Over the past several months, there has been an increase in the frequency of a new stealing trend, notably in the United States.
- Porch pirate is the act of stealing packages that have been placed on a porch or anyplace near the main door of a house before they can be picked up by the intended recipients.
- Approximately 23 million Americans have had their parcels taken from their homes as of 2021, which is a horrific level of theft.
- In the case of Amazon lost deliveries, an average of 51 parcels were reported missing or stolen every year on average.
- In response to the epidemic, porch pirates have taken advantage of the increase in online shopping to steal from others.
- Unless you happen to be one of the unfortunate persons who had their Amazon delivery taken from their front porch, don’t worry just yet.
Amazon makes it as simple as possible to get in touch with them and resolve the Amazon missing shipment issue that you’re experiencing.Getting in contact with Amazon can be difficult, despite the fact that it appears to be so.But don’t worry, they have a comprehensive customer support program ready to assist you whenever you have a problem.We’ve outlined below the procedures to take in order to obtain assistance or report an Amazon shipment as missing.
Package Is Missing, Now What?
As a fresh victim of Amazon porch piracy, we are here to walk you through the process of determining whether your package has been stolen or lost. Before calling Amazon to file a claim of an Amazon missing item, there are a few things you should check to make sure your box did not get taken from your doorstep.
Step 1: Track the Amazon lost packages.
- If the box was marked as delivered before they arrived, be aware that this is a common occurrence on Amazon’s part, and that the product will come within 48 hours.
- When you have waited for 48 hours, you can look about your property for a probable drop-off location for the package.
- It’s possible that courier firms will deliver products to unexpected locations on your home, such as the back porch or behind your potted plants.
- If, after 48 hours, the Amazon delivery has not been located, you should call your courier immediately for assistance.
- It’s possible that your shipment is still in the possession of the shipping company.
- Instruct them to trace your package using the tracking number you provided.
However, suppose the courier firm is completely confident that your delivery was successfully delivered to your doorstep without incident.You should file a report with Amazon if you believe your shipment has been stolen in such scenario.
Step 2: Check if your neighbors saw it or held onto it for you
- Whether your box has been stolen, check with your neighbors first to see if they witnessed or were able to film the arrival of your item on their security cameras before reporting it to Amazon.
- Alternatively, they might be keeping an eye on your delivery to ensure that it is not taken at all.
- You should hold off on venting your rage to the Amazon Customer Support Team for the time being.
- It would be less than nice if your box was just brought into the house by your kind and friendly neighbor for the purpose of safety.
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer.
- If you are now absolutely certain that your Amazon box was taken from your porch, you may contact Amazon directly to report the theft.
- Customer support should be contacted to provide them with the specifics of the problem.
- Customers should be able to request replacement shipments from Amazon sellers, or they should be able to request refunds from Amazon.
- As part of Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee, you can contact the seller directly for orders placed through a third-party Amazon seller.
- You should let the merchant a day or two to react to your conversation.
- After that, you may begin the process of filing a claim for the shipment that has gone missing or been stolen.
Make sure to make your claim within 90 days after receiving your purchase.Assume that the vendor is unwilling to settle the situation by delivering a replacement shipment or issuing a refund.If that is the case, Amazon will determine whether or not to issue it to you based on your responses to the claim process questions.If your claim is refused, don’t be discouraged; you still have the option of appealing.
Step 4: File a claim with the shipping company
If the seller is transferring responsibility to the shipping firm, you should be aware that you have the right to submit a claim with the latter as well. UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and DHL all offer an online claims process for reporting an Amazon shipment that has gone missing.
Step 5: Claim high-value items with your homeowners’ insurance
- Trying to file a claim with the vendors or shipping firms may not be successful, so you may want to check into homeowner’s or renter’s insurance plans that cover shipments that have been stolen.
- However, keep in mind that this will only be beneficial if the return is greater than your deductible.
- The filing of this claim might also be a bother owing to the prospect of homes insurance providers increasing your premiums as a result of your lawsuit; nonetheless, the burden is not worth it for a single package refund.
Step 6: Use the purchase protection features on your credit card
- Because making a claim with your homeowners’ insurance can be time-consuming, you may want to seek assistance from your credit card provider.
- Consider the scenario in which your credit card issuer provides a purchase protection plan.
- Alternatively, you can contact them directly to seek reimbursement for your stolen property.
- However, be certain that the item was totally paid using that credit card.
- Notify the card issuer of the problem as soon as possible so that they can accommodate your claim.
Step 7: Report the theft to the police
- If you shop from Amazon on a regular basis and your items are consistently missing, it might be a hassle to continually filing claims for Amazon lost packages.
- So, in order to prevent this from happening again, you should report the occurrence to the police so that they are aware of similar activities occurring in the community.
- The police can increase their monitoring around your neighborhood in order to catch the porch pirates before they take anything else.
How To Stop Porch Pirates
Preventative medicine is preferable to curative medicine. In order to avoid being a victim of porch piracy in the future, it is preferable to take preventative steps against these contemptible individuals.
Schedule for in-person delivery
- What is the most effective method of ensuring that your shipment gets delivered?
- It is usually preferable to have it delivered in person.
- A signature is necessary for delivery, and you can notify the courier provider of this requirement.
- Additionally, you may instruct them that someone must be there to accept your products while they are being delivered.
- If you are required to be away from home for work on a regular basis, you can ask a neighbor to accept the item on your behalf or change your mailing address to your workplace.
Use a lockbox service
Amazon provides lockers so that you may simply pick up your items whenever it is convenient for you. If the stores provide this option, take advantage of it if you are unable to physically accept your deliveries. You won’t have to be concerned about your Amazon box being unprotected on your porch this way.
Ensure your packages
High-value things, such as smart gadgets, might be purchased with a few more dollars to ensure that they are delivered on time. These services are provided by retailers or courier firms in order to provide additional protection and insurance for your package’s safety.
Install a security camera
Finally, if porch piracy is a problem in your community, it is always a good idea to install a smart security system on your property. Security cameras can aid in the identification of the ruthless individual who is stealing your shipments on a regular basis. When you file a police report on a reported case, you can utilize the tape as evidence.
Your Amazon Package Stolen? Do This Immediately (Updated for 2022)
- Without a doubt, the items from Amazon that have been delivered to your home are essential to you.
- In today’s world, Amazon is the retail e-commerce behemoth of choice.
- A wide range of products, from electronics and literature to groceries and home goods, are available for purchase on the website.
- Even better, Prime delivery provides customers with free one- or two-day shipping, which encourages them to order more than they would have otherwise just because it is more convenient than shopping in-store.
- The fact that Amazon was able to more than quadruple its earnings to $5.2 billion by the summer of 2020 demonstrates how many people utilize their services to place orders for things on the internet.
- Package theft, on the other hand, has become a big source of anxiety for consumers who purchase on Amazon on a regular basis.
Consider the seriousness of the expanding parcel theft problem, as well as what you should do if your Amazon delivery has been taken.
Package Theft Is a Growing Problem in the United States
- In the second quarter of 2020, retail e-commerce sales in the United States topped $210 billion, according to the United States Census Bureau.
- This goes to demonstrate how many parcels were created and shipped out via parcel carriers such as the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, or FedEx for home delivery.
- Unfortunately, many of the customers who were looking forward to receiving such parcels were left feeling quite disappointed when their packages failed to arrive.
- A rise in package delivery has coincided with a rise in the number of parcels being stolen, which has reached an all-time high.
- In 2020, over 43% of internet consumers have stated that they had had at least one delivery stolen from them.
- Since the beginning of 2019, the number has increased by 7%.
The delivery point might be used to pick up possibly two out of every five house deliveries.According to the most recent figures, almost 1.7 million shipments are stolen every day.
Steps to Take If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
If you fear that a shipment has been stolen, it may be quite aggravating; but, by following a few simple procedures, you can keep your focus on making sure the problem is handled appropriately.
Check Everything on Your End Before Reporting the Package Stolen
- Go to your Amazon account and double-check that you entered the correct shipping address when you placed the transaction.
- If you go to your prior orders and click on ″Order Details″ beside the order in question, you will be able to get the information you need.
- If the address is valid, go to the next step and check the shipment status.
- Keep track of the package and check the notations to make sure the information indicates that the delivery was successfully delivered.
- If everything looks okay, take a brief walk around your property to make sure the box hasn’t been hidden somewhere inconspicuous.
- Examine the footage from your porch camera to check if somebody has taken advantage of you and stolen your order.
Contact Local Authorities If You Have Footage of Theft
- If you are fortunate enough to have video evidence of the theft, you should report it to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
- The fact that so few package thefts are recorded is one of the reasons why porch pirates who conduct these crimes are able to continue their operations.
- The sooner you make a report, the more probable it is that the perpetrator will be apprehended and prosecuted.
- Package theft is a major crime in some areas, and the authorities are cracking down on those who engage in it.
File a Report That Your Package Was Stolen
- Before making a report with Amazon regarding a stolen shipment, it is suggested that you wait 36 hours. Some shipments do appear after they have been recorded as delivered, and it is not uncommon for a parcel to just appear at a neighbor’s house after it has been marked as delivered. After waiting 36 hours, you should register a complaint with the package delivery company that delivered the device. The procedures to be followed when filing a report with the three major carriers are detailed in our other guidelines, which are as follows: A FedEx package has been taken
- what should you do next?
- a UPS package has been taken
- and a USPS package has been taken: what should you do now?
Once you have made a claim with the package delivery service, contact Amazon through their messaging center and inform them that your purchase has been stolen. In order to proceed, they will want proof that you have filed a report with the appropriate carrier, so any documentation you can provide would be good.
Take Measures to Prevent Future Package Thefts
- Despite the fact that Amazon is well-known for providing excellent customer service and assisting customers who have had goods stolen, going through the procedure again and over again may be a nuisance.
- For those who have experienced package theft in their area, it is recommended that you install an outside video system on your porch and purchase a locked parcel box, where items may be stored safely until you can pick them up yourself.
- Nathan Robinson is a young man who lives in the United States.
- A gang of porch pirates stole my delivery, and now I’m on a quest to prevent them from doing the same to you.
- In order to keep up with the latest porch lockers and other equipment that might aid prevent package theft, I’m always studying, examining, and informing myself.
- I’m adding new free stuff to my library on a daily basis — join me and together we can battle the porch pirates.
What to do if your Amazon package is stolen — Prevent Package Theft
Have you placed an order on Amazon and feel your box has been stolen? There are a few measures you may take to attempt to recover your package or get it replaced as fast as possible.
- If your Amazon delivery is stolen, the initial set of measures you should take should be geared around attempting to retrieve your box from the thieves.
- Here’s what we propose you do in order to retrieve your package: 1.
- Check to ensure that you’ve provided the right mailing address in Amazon.
- Sign in with your Amazon account > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Continue shopping.
- Locate the order in issue and choose ″Order Details″ > check the ″Shipping Address″ to make sure it is right before proceeding.
Check to see whether your package has been delivered. Sign in with your Amazon account > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Continue shopping. Locate the order in question and select ″Track Package″ to obtain information on whether or not the package was delivered. It’s conceivable that your shipment arrived late. What you’re searching for is confirmation in the form of the following words:
- Look for packages in and around the building
- Seek advice from relatives, housemates, and neighbors (it’s possible that someone noticed your box and carried it in to safeguard it from porch pirates)
- Do you have a porch surveillance camera? Examine the tape to see if you can spot any activity that would give you a better indication of when and where your box was delivered, as well as whether or not someone picked it up
- Wait at least 36 hours before making a complaint. Waiting helps to establish that the problem was not just a result of a delayed parcel or an intervening party that did not disclose what they did with your box while you were waiting. Amazon requests that consumers wait for 36 hours before filing a complaint since some shipments appear to have been delivered up to 36 hours before they were really delivered.
- After 36 hours, contact the delivery company that delivered your Amazon product and submit a complaint.
- Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Carrier Information to find out which carrier delivered your delivery. Amazon Locate the order in question and select ″Track Package″ from the menu bar. If you click on the ″Shipped with.″ link, you will be able to view your tracking information as well as the name of the carrier that delivered your goods. Once you’ve done so, you’ll need to go to the carrier’s website and file a report about the missing item. The following are links to the forms for all major carriers: FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and other courier services
Contact Amazon and advise them that you have reasonable grounds to suspect your shipment has been taken. To get in touch with Amazon, go to this page. Inform them that you have followed the steps outlined above and that you will be sharing any proof you have acquired. Make sure you’ve selected the order that you feel has been stolen on the contact form before sending it in.
Wishing you the best of success in retrieving your parcel, and if that is not possible, in obtaining a reimbursement from Amazon. Experiencing package theft is never pleasant, but knowing what to do in the event that your Amazon box is stolen will significantly increase your chances of recovering your parcel.
What to Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
Every editorial product is chosen on its own merits, while we may be compensated or earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links. As of the time of writing, the ratings and pricing are correct, and all goods are in stock.
Porch pirates are swiping Amazon packages left and right, and you might be the next victim. Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost.
- Amazon has made buying more convenient than ever, yet a misplaced or stolen Amazon box may be a major hassle for the recipient.
- Furthermore, as the popularity of online shopping grows, so does the possibility of being a victim of package theft.
- According to a Value Penguin poll, nearly one in every five Americans reported having their goods stolen last year.
- Steve Weisman, a professor of white-collar crime at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams, says the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during the pandemic.
- ″As could be expected, with more people shopping online during the pandemic, the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during this time.″ Find out all you need to know about tracking down a misplaced parcel or making a claim with Amazon to hopefully get your money back if you suspect your shipment has been stolen or lost in the mail.
- In addition, regular online consumers should be aware of what to do if a product is damaged, how to receive a refund on anything, what a brushing scam is, and what happens to undeliverable mail that does not have an address to return it to.
How to track down a missing Amazon package that’s listed as “delivered”
- According to Weisman, you may discover extra information on Amazon under ″Your Orders″ that will assist you in tracking down a stolen or missing shipment that seems to have been delivered on your Amazon account. He proposes that you take the following actions: Make sure the shipping address is correct. It’s possible that the shipment was delivered to a different address associated with your Amazon account.
- Look for a message that a delivery attempt has been made. If you requested that a signature be obtained upon delivery and no one was present, it is possible that the product was moved to a nearby location for pickup.
- Look for a photograph of the package being delivered. Sometimes Amazon delivery drivers would place the box in a difficult-to-find position
- this is known as ″hidden delivery.″
If you are still unable to locate it, it is time to file a missing parcel complaint with Amazon. For further instructions, scroll down to the section labeled ″How to report a missing shipment from a third-party seller on Amazon″ towards the bottom of this page.
How to find missing packages that aren’t trackable
- Amazon deliveries without a tracking number are extremely unusual, although they can be found. The following are some steps you may take if your Amazon delivery has gone missing and there is no tracking number for it. Inquire with your neighbors to see whether they received the lost box by mistake or if they accepted it on your behalf.
- If the parcel was delivered by the United States Postal Service, you should contact your local post office for assistance. Weisman points out that USPS delivery vans are equipped with GPS, which might reveal more information on the delivery.
- Verify whether or not the package was taken by checking the security cameras surrounding your property, if you have them installed.
In case you’re wondering, this is what happens to undeliverable mail when it’s not delivered.
How to report a missing package from a third-party seller on Amazon
- Rd.com If your Amazon delivery hasn’t arrived within 48 hours, you should make a claim with Amazon to receive a reimbursement for your inconvenience. However, according to Weisman, you must first contact the third-party vendor directly in order to report the problem. Customer service representatives at Amazon insist that consumers contact the vendor before registering a claim on the website. You can report missing shipments from an online third-party vendor in the following ways: Create an account on Amazon and go to ″Your Orders.″
- Activate the ″Amazon Pay″ menu option in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on ″Details″ next to the item that has been lost or stolen
- Choose ″Where has my stuff gone?″ from the list of suggested concerns to report from the drop-down menu.
- Amazon will automatically send a communication to the seller informing them that you have not received your products as of the time of writing. Any further information that the seller may require might be included in the message after it has been written.
- Select the ″Send to merchant″ option from the drop-down menu.
- In the majority of circumstances, the vendor will examine the missing shipment and either replace it or refund the purchase price. However, if the seller does not react within 24 hours, you have the option of filing a claim with Amazon.
Depending on whether or not the shipment in issue contains a gift, you may want to look at this list of last-minute presents that will arrive in time for the big day while you figure out what to do about this predicament.
How to submit a missing package claim to Amazon
- Rd.com Fortunately, Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee ensures that your purchase is protected in the event that an Amazon delivery is stolen or misplaced. Remember to submit your claim within 90 days after the purchase date, otherwise it will not be recognized by the insurance company. While the following instructions were written for use with a desktop computer, they may alter significantly when used to the Amazon app on a mobile device. Click on ″Your Orders″ after logging into your Amazon account.
- Locate the order and choose ″Problem with Order″ from the drop-down menu.
- Whenever you are prompted to choose an issue, pick the option that states that the item has not arrived.
- After that, pick ″Request Refund,″ fill out the text box with any other information you’d like (if applicable or required), and click ″Submit.″
- The Amazon Pay tab allows you to keep track of the status of your claim. If your claim is granted, you will get a refund in the form of the original payment method. Items that have been damaged or opened, or that have been delivered more than 30 days ago, may only be eligible for a partial refund or may not be eligible at all. If you don’t receive a refund, you might want to consider shopping at one of these shops with the finest return policies the next time you need anything.
Additional steps to take
- Amazon is not the only location where you may register a claim for a ″Amazon shipment stolen.″ According to Robert Siciliano, a cybersecurity educator at ProtectNow, if you have exhausted all of the options listed above, the next step may be to call the police, the shipping company, and your credit card provider.
- The fact that many credit card companies offer purchase-protection features that cover the cost of lost or stolen delivery is one of the reasons why online purchases are among the items that should always be paid for using a credit card, according to Weisman.
How to protect your Amazon deliveries in the future
- Weisman recommends taking efforts to keep your shipments safe from porch pirates, such as demanding a signature upon delivery or shipping the box to your workplace address, among other measures. Moreover, according to Siciliano, Amazon offers a variety of different delivery service alternatives. Ship products to Amazon lockers located in neighboring locations such as Whole Foods Market, or install the Amazon Key Smart Lock system in your house for a more secure method of receiving deliveries. Using the technology, delivery drivers may scan a barcode to request entrance to your front door or garage, where they can then deposit the box inside while being monitored by a security camera system. Aside from an Amazon Prime account, the Key by Amazon app, a smart lock, and a camera with Wi-Fi connectivity are all you need. Now that you’ve learned what to do if your Amazon shipment has been stolen, brush up on some lesser-known Amazon techniques that every customer should be familiar with. Also, educate yourself on how to recognize an Amazon email scam
- this knowledge may come in helpful in the future. Value is a source of information. According to Penguin, ″Nearly one in every five consumers has experienced package theft since the beginning of quarantine″
- Steve Weisman, professor at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams
- Amazon: ″Find a Missing Package That Shows as Delivered″
- Robert Siciliano, cyber social identity protection instructor at ProtectNow
Amazon Package Stolen? Here’s What to Do
- Amazon, the e-commerce behemoth, is no stranger to the shipping sector in the United States.
- This multinational corporation presently distributes 58 percent, or 2.3 billion parcels, of all deliveries to consumers in the United States.
- Porch piracy, which has increased in recent years, is one of the drawbacks of online buying convenience.
- Despite all of the delivery activity, more than 43 percent of consumers complained that their shipment had been stolen.
- This crime was committed against two-thirds of the consumers (64 percent) more than once, according to the survey results.
- Suppose anything like this occurs to you, here’s what you can do if your Amazon delivery is taken from your front door.
Put these measures in motion right away so that you can get your things back immediately.
How To Find a Missing Amazon Package That Shows as Delivered
- When daily delivery traffic reaches these levels, it’s not difficult to understand why your front porch may be a good target for a porch pirate to prey on.
- However, there are a few procedures in place to locate your misplaced package, which is a welcome development.
- When you create your Amazon account, you will have the option to sign up to get updates on the status of your delivery.
- Depending on your preference, you can get these notifications through email or text message.
- This is the first location where you will be alerted whether or not your shipment has been delivered and when it was delivered.
- Check your online notification to ensure that the shipping address listed on the order is correct before proceeding.
Also, keep an eye on your email inbox for any other online notifications of attempted parcel delivery that may have arrived.If neither of these tactics yields any results, make sure to inspect your mailbox as well as the area around your delivery place for clues.Make a point of checking in with your neighbors as well.These ″Good Samaritans″ who came after them may have picked up your misplaced parcel and delivered it to you later as a deterrent to package thieves.
- If 48 hours have elapsed and there has still been no trace of your item, it is time for you to contact Amazon customer service directly.
- Their representatives will begin an inquiry into your situation immediately.
What to Do if a Third-Party Amazon Package Goes Missing
- The process for filing a complaint about a missing delivered package on Amazon will differ depending on whether the goods was sold by a third party or by Amazon itself.
- The majority of Amazon transactions are really fulfilled by other retail partners referred to as ″Amazon Sellers,″ rather than Amazon itself.
- If you purchased your item from an Amazon seller, Amazon requests that you first contact that Amazon Seller and resolve your issue with them directly rather than via Amazon.
- However, if your seller is not complying or if you have waited for a response for more than 48 hours, you can register a claim with Amazon to request a refund for your purchase.
Does Amazon Replace Stolen Packages?
- The quick answer to this question is ″most of the time,″ which is a generalization.
- Known as ″The A to Z Guarantee,″ Amazon provides a money-back guarantee.
- This assurance provides clients with an additional layer of security while completing their purchases.
- The A to Z Guarantee covers purchases made from third-party vendors that are sold or fulfilled by them.
- This guarantee applies to purchases of qualified items up to a maximum of $2500.
- If a client hasn’t received their order, they can file an Amazon Stolen Package Claim to obtain a refund for the amount spent.
Furthermore, this warranty extends to any damaged or substandard items that have been received.You should first contact the seller who sold you the item if you purchased it from a third-party seller and the item did not come.Do not file a claim to Amazon until you have communicated with the seller.Amazon will advise you to contact the Amazon Seller first and work out a method to resolve your dispute with them before contacting Amazon.
- Sign in to the Amazon Pay page using your Amazon account credentials.
- The option to ″contact seller″ will be available once you have entered the site.
- By selecting this option, you will be sending a request to the seller.
- The majority of the time, a shop will be delighted to send you a replacement for your item. However, if they deny any responsibility or refuse to provide you a replacement, there are still certain actions you may take to obtain a compensation from them. Within 24 hours, the third-party vendor must submit a refund claim on your behalf. You may make a claim with Amazon if you’ve waited more than two business days for a response or if the seller is being unhelpful. Amazon would most likely offer a refund in this case, as well. To make an Amazon Stolen Package Claim, follow these steps: Click ″Your Orders″ after logging into your Amazon account.
- When you have located the order in question, click on ″Problem with Order.″ You will then be required to choose whatever issue you are experiencing with your order. Finally, choose ″Request Refund″ and submit your request
- indicate that your package has not arrived
You can keep track of the status of your claim by logging onto your account on a regular basis.
How to Avoid Package Theft
- There are a number of proactive measures you may take to reduce the likelihood of Amazon package theft.
- You can utilize these procedures to keep tabs on the conditions of the actual delivery itself.
- Consider the option of having the delivery delivered to your place of employment or to an Amazon Locker.
- You’ll be certain to receive it (while you’re there) and will be able to take it with you when you return home.
- Another method of dictating delivery instructions is to need a signature upon receipt of the package.
- If there is no one home to sign for the delivery, the box will not be placed on your doorstep.
You will not be able to pick up your shipment unless you are there to sign for it.You can also instruct the delivery person not to put the box outside your front door.Instruct them to deliver their package through a side entrance so that it will not be easily noticed by criminals.Please bear in mind that there may be ″Good Samaritans″ who are willing to keep an eye out for your item if it is delivered while you are out of the country.
- Inform them of the anticipated date and time of arrival of your package.
- They will then be able to retrieve it on your behalf.
- Online neighborhood social networking services such as Nextdoor.com are also a wonderful source of information about your community.
- In the meanwhile, while you’re away from home at the workplace, you may check the site to see what your neighbors have to say about your area.
- Watching your Amazon driver drop off your delivery in real time with an ADT security camera is one of the most effective methods to avoid a lost parcel.
You can keep an eye on your front porch from anywhere in the world thanks to our outdoor security camera and smart doorbell, which both provide live notifications through the ADT mobile app.If you are aware that this activity is taking place while you are away from home, you may plan your delivery for a time when you will be present.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stolen Amazon Packages
The inability to receive an Amazon item is one of the most annoying things that may happen. If anything like this occurs to you, you’ll almost certainly have a million questions. Here are the top three questions we’ve received, which you may also find interesting:
What Do I Do If I Receive Someone Else’s Amazon Package?
- In the shipping industry, it is a daily occurrence that items may end up on the incorrect doorstep for whatever reason.
- Packages might easily go misplaced when there are so many shipments in the system.
- It is also a typical occurrence for an address to be interpreted wrongly.
- You may lawfully retain shipped products that you did not order, according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of the United States.
- The Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines for mail and internet orders also prevent delivery firms from attempting to collect money on these undelivered items, according to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Companies who attempt to collect these fees may be subject to civil fines of up to $16,000 per violation.
If a shipment arrives that you did not order, it is advisable to take a moment to reflect on the situation.To begin, ask yourself, ″why is this package in my possession?″ Some genuine explanations may have existed for why you received something that you did not request.For example, an unexplained package may include a surprise gift for you that you weren’t expecting.Another possibility is that this package contains one of your past orders that was accidentally shipped out again.
- A more than likely explanation for this is that the shipment was delivered to the incorrect address.
- Make sure to check your account’s order history to determine whether you were charged for the item a second time.
- It is up to you if you wish to deliver the item personally if the address is close by and there is no fee on your account.
- Amazon will always provide a pre-paid return label in the packaging to make it easier for you to return an item to them.
- Amazon will cover the return shipping fees, so you won’t have to worry about sending the goods back to them.
Does Amazon Investigate Missing Packages?
- A major obligation of Amazon is to ensure that products sent to its customers’ front door are delivered in a timely manner.
- As previously mentioned, Amazon’s A to Z guarantee will replace missing items up to a value of $2500 if it is found.
- Only within 90 days of the anticipated delivery date must buyers report their loss.
- It is possible, however, that Amazon will reject a claim for the recovery of a stolen shipment under certain situations.
- Depending on whether you filed a chargeback with your bank or payment processor, Amazon may refuse to honor your claim.
- The denial of your claim may also occur if you fail to reply to any requests for more information from Amazon or the third-party seller on your behalf.
What Are Your Next Steps for Front Door Security?
- The advantages of today’s internet shipping sector exceed the difficulties it faces on a consistent basis.
- As a result, if you wish to take advantage of this convenience, it is recommended that you take your own safeguards to assist prevent package theft from occurring.
- ADT can help you improve your home’s security by installing an outdoor security camera or video doorbell camera to deter package thieves and stop them in their tracks!
- On our website, you’ll also discover additional home security tools, such as information on preventing parcel theft.
- We’ll even demonstrate some innovative techniques for fending against porch pirates.
- For more than 145 years, we at ADT have placed the safety of our clients above all other considerations.
Amazon Package Stolen?
- Package thefts are generally on the upswing over the Christmas season.
- Due to the increased use of e-Commerce and the purchase of things online, these sorts of thefts are only becoming more prevalent.
- Many individuals are at work all day, which means that their Amazon box may wait on their front porch for several hours before they are able to get it.
- Porch pirates will have plenty of time to seize the box and flee, leaving the intended receiver in the dark about what has happened to his or her delivery.
- And so, what should you do in the event that your Amazon box is stolen?
- We’ll tell you exactly what to do and give you some pointers on how to keep package theft at your house to a minimum.
How To Handle A Missing Amazon Package
- In the event that a box goes missing, one of the first things that people frequently ask is, ″What should I do in order to locate my item?″ You can take efforts to track down your shipment and even recover the money you paid for it if it was stolen.
- If Amazon indicates that your shipment has been delivered but you are unable to locate it, it is possible that it has been stolen.
- If this is the case, this is what you should do.
— Track Your Package
Many individuals are interested in learning how to monitor a shipment on Amazon.To begin, search up the Amazon tracking number for your item in order to obtain complete tracking information on your package.Perhaps your confirmation email stated that your package will be delivered on the 10th of the month, but it did not arrive on that day.
- Perhaps a minor shipment delay or delivery exception is the cause of the problem.
- It is possible that the tracking information has been altered to indicate that the package will arrive on a different day.
- Even though the tracking information indicates that the shipment has been delivered, there may be some more information to be found in the delivery confirmation email itself.
- Many providers, including UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and Amazon delivery service, will leave notes regarding the delivery.
- It’s possible that they’ll leave a message at the front door that says, ″Left at the front door.″ This could be useful in locating your shipment.
- If you are unable to locate the package after several attempts, go to the next step.
— Talk To Your Neighbors
Next, you should check with your neighbors to see whether the delivery was accidentally delivered to their residence instead of yours.This occurs regularly, particularly in communities with street names or numbers that are similar to one another.For those who live in a community that has a Facebook page or a Nextdoor group, it might be beneficial to post something in the group asking their neighbors if they have seen your item.
- The majority of the time, this minor delivery error can be addressed quickly and easily.
— Contact The Retailer
If your package has not been delivered by the time you expect it to, you should call the shop immediately.Inform them that your shipment has gone missing, and they should be able to provide you with information on their policies about Amazon packages that have gone missing and refunds.They will almost certainly want your order number as well as some more identifying information.
- Purchasing directly from an authorized store in these situations may prove to be advantageous because direct shops sometimes offer superior return policies than third-party vendors.
- Some Amazon sellers provide an A-to-Z guarantee, whilst others do not provide such a guarantee.
- Even if you are dubious of the retailer’s identity, you may still contact Amazon directly for assistance with your misplaced delivery.
- At the very least, you might be able to obtain some credit against your Amazon account.
— File A Claim With The Carrier
Unfortunately, you may not always be able to gain much assistance from the merchant, particularly in the case of porch piracy, as a result of this.Filing a missing parcel claim with your carrier might also be beneficial in this situation.When it comes to package insurance and filing claims, UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and other carriers each have their unique policies.
- Although it may be a headache, your carrier will have a policy in place that allows you to make a claim for lost or stolen products.
- Many Americans, depending on the worth of the item, simply opt to consider the item a loss and place an order for another.
- It might take up to 30 days or more for the carrier to review your claim, but if the shipment was truly lost, you should be able to receive your money back.
— Utilize Credit Card Features
Your credit card company may offer you protection in the case of a missing delivery.Check with them to see if you qualify.Several credit card features include coverage for shipments that are misplaced, stolen, or destroyed when you make a transaction with the credit card in question.
- When purchasing online, the vast majority of consumers use a credit card, therefore don’t be shy about contacting your credit card provider.
- If you had a difficulty with the shipment delivery, they may be able to give a refund to your credit card for the amount of the transaction if you contact them.
- An often-overlooked perk that many individuals may not even understand they are entitled to is the ability to work from home.
— File A Police Report
If you have determined that the shipment has been stolen, you should proceed to submit a police report with the appropriate authorities.Your parcel may be recovered from the offenders if the authorities undertake an inquiry into the incident.It is sometimes necessary to file a police complaint in order to receive a refund from your credit card company or from the shop.
- Provide as much information as possible while filing the report, such as the delivery date and time, along with the item(s) that were contained within the shipment, to make your case stronger.
— Use Your Homeowner’s Insurance For Large Losses
It may surprise you to learn that if your loss is significant enough, you may make a claim with your homeowner’s insurance company.The majority of people have a deductible on their homeowner’s insurance policy of at least $1,000.However, if the item that was stolen has a monetary worth more than your deductible, you may be able to recover a portion of your money by submitting an insurance claim.
- Consult with your insurance agent first to ensure that the loss will be covered.
- Your representative may also assist you with the claims procedure.
- With the right insurance company, you may get payment for your loss within a week or two.
How To Prevent Package Theft
It is possible that in an ideal society, instead of learning what to do after a burglary has taken place, the burglary would never take place at all.So, what steps can Amazon consumers take to ensure that their deliveries do not be stolen?There are a few things you can do to reduce your chances of being a victim of parcel theft.
- Here are some suggestions.
- What you need to do is as follows.
— Include Specific Delivery Instructions
Providing clear directions to your delivery driver is a simple approach to avoid being a victim of theft.Solicit his assistance in delivering the product to a designated delivery site that is less likely to be targeted by random thieves.Instead of leaving the box on the front porch, you may ask him or her to put it at the rear door or a basement entrance instead.
- Anything you can do to help keep the package out of the sight of a package thief will assist to lessen the likelihood of it being stolen from you.
— Schedule In-Person Delivery
Receiving the shipment in person is one of the most effective methods of preventing theft.This prevents it from being left on your porch for someone to come by and steal it.Working with the postal office or your individual carrier to organize delivery at the mailing location when you are there will be necessary..
- It is possible to plan delivery on a specified day or even during a specific window of time with some shipping companies.
— Install Security Cameras
When it comes to preventing package theft from your house, a doorbell camera is a wonderful investment.Cameras are frequently only one component of a comprehensive security system, and other components such as lighting and motion detectors can also aid in the prevention of theft.If someone does manage to take your package after your cameras have been installed, you will at the very least be able to present the authorities with video evidence of the theft.
- This improves the likelihood that they will be apprehended and that your shipment will be returned to you.
— Use A Lockbox Service
Lockboxes work in a similar way to a post office box in that no one else can access them but you.When your box is delivered, it will be stored in a locker, and only you will be able to unlock it with your key or access code.Check to see if there are any Amazon lockers available in your neighborhood, and consider having your delivery delivered there rather than to your home.
- This will keep your shipment safe while also giving you the flexibility to pick it up whenever it is most convenient for you.
The Bottom Line
If your package tracking shows that your item has been delivered, but you’re still asking, ″Where has my Amazon shipment gone?″ it’s possible that your box has been stolen and is no longer in your possession.Because more things are being bought online during the COVID epidemic, theft is becoming a big concern for the public health community.If you find yourself the victim of package theft, follow the actions given in this article to recover your stolen goods or money as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Amazon refund my missing package?
The question ″Can I get a refund from Amazon if I didn’t receive my Amazon package?″ may be on your mind.Yes, Amazon will usually reimburse you for your misplaced package.Before filing a claim, you must wait at least 48 hours after receiving the delivery notification to establish that the parcel was genuinely lost.
- If you purchased your item from a third-party seller, you will need to communicate with the seller directly.
- When trying to acquire a refund from a seller, some may be more difficult to work with than others; thus, ordering straight from Amazon is recommended.
What is the best way to protect my Amazon package?
Consider using an Amazon locker service to help safeguard your delivery from being stolen or otherwise compromised.If there are no drop-off locations in your region, engage with your carrier to arrange for an in-person delivery.Installing security cameras and setting extra delivery instructions to ensure that your shipment is delivered out of sight of prospective criminals would also assist to discourage theft.
Is there any way to find the package if it was stolen?
It is recommended that you use an Amazon locker service to help safeguard your box from being stolen.You should communicate with your carrier to plan an in-person delivery if there are no drop off locations available in your region.In addition to installing security cameras, giving particular delivery instructions to ensure that your gift is out of sight of prospective criminals would also assist to discourage theft.
The Best Way to File an Amazon Package Stolen Claim
Consider using an Amazon locker service to help safeguard your box from being stolen.If there are none available in your region, then negotiate with your carrier to arrange for an in-person delivery to take place.Installing security cameras and setting extra delivery instructions to ensure that your shipment is delivered out of sight of prospective criminals will also assist to discourage theft.
Was the Package Stolen, or is it Missing?
There is a significant difference between having an Amazon shipment stolen and having an Amazon package go missing.While Amazon has a stellar reputation for providing good customer service and dealing with difficulties of this nature, the company will want to keep track of any issues that arise throughout the supply chain, particularly those that have the potential to severely impact their client base.Consid