There are six ways you can ship large boxes across the country: United States Postal Service (USPS) Courier shipping (UPS®, FedEx®)
— First-Class Package Service. Most people know that a stamp costs$0.58 for first-class mail,which is extremely affordable in terms of shipping costs.
What is the cheapest way to ship large packages?
Try our shipping calculator. Using ground or economy services is the cheapest way to ship heavy packages, however, shipping large packages doesn’t have to difficult if you know how to package them properly and how to find the best prices for heavy boxes. Rather than take them to the Post Office and pay expensive postage rates,
How should I package my products for shipping?
Packaging. Placing your products in boxes that are too large can lead to extra shipping costs. Pack each order in the smallest possible box to securely ship it. Many large products ship in the product packaging without overboxing. Review your packaging for ways to box your item more efficiently.
How do I ship a heavy package USPS?
Sending a heavy package is that simple! Shipping heavy items USPS is cheaper when you book online with Parcel Monkey. If you’re sending a package that weighs up to 60lbs, you can book a USPS service through our shipping calculator and make a significant saving.
What is the cheapest way to ship a large package?
For single boxes, USPS is often the cheapest option. For large light boxes, USPS Priority Mail will be cheapest. For heavy large boxes or shipments of multiple boxes, consolidated freight is one of the most cost-effective shipping methods.
How much is it to ship 50 pounds?
|Weight Tiers||FedEx Ground||FedEx 2Day|
What is the cheapest way to ship 50 lbs?
USPS. A 50 lb box can be shipped via USPS using either flat rate or variably priced services. The best option depends on how fast you need your package to arrive. With delivery in 1-3 business days, USPS Priority Mail Flat rate shipping is typically the cheapest way to ship a 50 lb box.
What is the best way to ship large items?
As shipping pros, FedEx suggests doing the following:
- Use a strong box. The heavier your items, the sturdier box you need.
- Opt for heavy-duty packing tape.
- Determine how to ship your large package based on weight and size.
- Consider dividing the shipment into multiple packages.
How much does it cost to ship 70 lbs?
Priority Mail: 1-3 days
Priority Mail has a weight limit of 70 pounds for all sizes, from a small envelope to a large box, but the largest size they offer is about 1 foot by 1 foot by 6 inches. Prices range from $6.95 for the small envelope to $17.60 for the large box.
How much would it cost to ship a 15 lb package?
2021 USPS Parcel Select Ground Shipping Rates
|Parcel Select (wt. not over)||Zones 1 & 2||Zone 5|
How much does it cost to ship a 40 lb box?
The cost to ship a 40 lb box depends only on the size of the box and speed of travel.
Parcel shipping (UPS or FedEx)
|Extra Small||$9.25-$21.25||Not available|
How much does it cost to ship a 60 lb package?
USPS: If you choose USPS Parcel Select for your shipment, the delivery rate will be nearly $190. DHL: The shipping charge for sending your package with DHL is approximately $500. UPS: When sending a parcel weighing 56-60 pounds, it will cost you around $150 with ground service and $400 with priority service.
How much does it cost to ship 100 pounds UPS?
– $18.00 per each package in a UPS Hundredweight Service shipment for UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Next Day Air Saver®, UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3 Day Select® and UPS® Ground shipment. Maximum of $126.00 per shipment.
Is FedEx or UPS cheaper for heavy?
UPS and FedEx package shipping costs are about the same, but UPS flat rate pricing is slightly cheaper than FedEx. For variable pricing, FedEx generally starts out slightly cheaper but can be more expensive for larger, heavier shipments or for packages that will travel a longer distance.
Does UPS ship large?
Packages can be up to 150 lbs. Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined. Packages can be up to 108 inches in length. Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.
What is the largest size package USPS will ship?
The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. USPS Retail Ground pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices). Regardless of the size of the mailpiece, the maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece is 70 pounds.
What is the cheapest way to ship a package internationally?
– Example #1: Shipping A Handbag From The US To Japan – Example #2: Shipping BoxyCharm Box From The US To Australia – Example #3: Shipping Consolidated Package From The US To Saudi Arabia
How to ship oversized packages?
How to ship large and heavy items?
Shipping heavy items with Parcel Monkey
It is not necessary to spend a fortune shipping a large item.It’s not difficult to locate the cheapest option to send 50 pounds or more using trustworthy services such as DHL, UPS, and the USPS using Parcel Monkey’s shipping comparison tool.Use our shipping calculator to compare costs from numerous carriers all in one place and to book heavy and large item shipment services in just a few clicks.
We also provide international shipping services.Request a shipping estimate.
The cheapest way to ship large packages
The most cost-effective method of shipping a large or heavy item inside the United States is to use one of our reduced Ground Shipping Services, which are provided by FedEx or UPS.These will be marked in the search results as ‘Secret bargains,’ so keep an eye out for these.Ground services are the most cost-effective alternative for large products when shipping inside the United States, and they are great for commodities that are not fit for air transportation.
Even though ground shipping has a longer travel time than expedited services (1-5 business days), if your delivery isn’t time-sensitive, picking this economic option can save you a substantial amount of money on shipping charges for big products, especially when compared to expedited services.
Our popular ground shipping services include:
- Parcel Monkey Ground provides drop-off and pick-up services for products weighing up to 152 pounds.
- UPS Ground provides drop-off and pick-up services for products weighing up to 149 pounds.
- Parcel Monkey Overnight – Items up to 152 pounds can be delivered the next day
Request a quotation for ground shipping.
How to ship heavy items
Parcel Monkey makes it simple to ship large and heavy products. Follow these six simple steps to learn how to transport big products both inside the United States and overseas.
- Ensure that your item is properly packaged (for assistance, check our packing guide)
- Calculate the ultimate weight and size of your finished packed item
- Our shipping calculator requires you to enter the dimensions, weight, and destination.
- Purchase the service that best meets your requirements and pay for it
- Print off your shipping labels as well as any necessary customs documentation, and attach them to your shipment.
- It’s your choice whether to drop off your package or wait for the courier to pick it up.
Sending a large box is as simple as that!
Shipping heavy items USPS
Transporting large and bulky objects When you book online with Parcel Monkey, USPS shipping is less expensive.We recommend that you use our shipping calculator to book a USPS service if you’re sending a box that weighs up to 60lbs.You’ll save money and time by doing so.
You’ll get the same service as if you went to the Post Office; you’ll only pay less than you would if you went to the Post Office.Book USPS Priority Domestic for delivery within 1-3 business days, or for a speedier delivery time, book USPS Priority Express for delivery within 1-2 business days for delivery within 1-2 business days.
Heavy package shipping – over 60lbs
Are you shipping a large product weighing more than 60 pounds? It’s not an issue! Shipping services for products weighing up to 152 pounds may be booked using our shipping calculator. When delivering big shipments inside the United States, our Parcel Monkey Ground services are appropriate. If you want a faster arrival time, we can also arrange overnight shipping for heavy items.
Shipping heavy items internationally
Although the cost of sending heavy things internationally is higher than the cost of shipping heavy items domestically, our discounted rates will still help you save money on your shipping costs.If you’re shipping a large product overseas, our reduced UPS Worldwide Expedited service will transport things weighing up to 152lbs at a low cost, while our Parcel Monkey International Drop-off or International Pick-up services may accommodate items weighing up to 70 pounds.Our shipping capabilities allow us to transport packages of any weight and size to over 240 countries worldwide.
Request a quote
What heavy items can I ship?
Whether you’re a person or a small company owner, you can take advantage of our reduced shipping services to save money on a range of heavy things that need to be shipped across the country.Everything from gym equipment to golf clubs and apparel, as well as baggage and even car components, has been delivered via us.To ensure that your item is acceptable for delivery, please examine our prohibited products list and our packaging standards.
Send a large cargo right away.
The Cheapest Way To Ship Large and Oversized Packages
Ecommerce has become a necessary component of practically every retail operation today.If you have physical locations, offering your consumers the opportunity to purchase your products on the internet will enhance your sales.Shipping, on the other hand, might be prohibitively expensive for eCommerce enterprises that offer large or heavy items.
Fortunately, there are methods to save money when shipping products that are too heavy or large for the carrier.Here’s your guide to the most cost-effective methods of shipping large and heavy packages.
How to ship large items and oversized packages
When it comes to transporting huge products, the difficulty is as much about the dimensions as it is about the weight.Even though a product is feather-light, it may still be subject to additional delivery charges.It all comes down to the concept of dimensional weight.
Dimensional weight, often known as DIM weight, is a method of assessing the cost of shipping a product based on the package’s dimensions.The dimensional weight of a package is computed by multiplying its height by its length by its width, and then dividing the result by the carrier’s DIM factor.UPS, FedEx, and the United States Postal Service (USPS) all employ DIM factors to calculate the DIM weight of big parcels.
It is possible that the DIM weight can raise your shipping costs if you ship a large cargo.When a package weighs 10 pounds but the DIM weight comes out to be 15 pounds, you will be charged for the additional 15 pounds of shipping weight that was added.Unless the DIM weight of your box is less than the actual weight of your shipment, the shipping cost is determined by the actual weight of your product.
How to reduce DIM weight charges
- However, there are various approaches that may be used to decrease dimensional weight costs. Packaging. It is possible that placing your items in boxes that are too large can result in higher shipping expenses. Pack each purchase in the smallest package possible to ensure that it is shipped safely. Many big items are shipped in their original product packaging, without being overboxed. Examine your packaging to see if there are any improvements that can be made to make it more efficient. Some large goods may be less expensive to ship if they are shipped in pieces rather than assembled.
- DIM factor is a determining factor in how well a product performs. In the event that you ship in large quantities, you may be able to negotiate cheaper shipping charges. You have the option of negotiating your DIM factor as well. A greater DIM factor will result in a reduction in your DIM weight charges.
- Shipped by the United States Postal Service. The DIM factor for the United States Postal Service is 166. In the case of business shipping accounts, FedEx and UPS both employ a DIM factor of 139. FedEx and UPS would charge 125 pounds for a 50-pound box with dimensions of 24″ x 24″ x 30,″ resulting in DIM weight price of 125 pounds for the shipment. The United States Postal Service would only charge you for 105 pounds. While UPS and FedEx would charge more to send this bigger box to Zones 5 through 8, even with the greater DIM weight, they would charge less. In Zones 2 through 4, the United States Postal Service is a superior offer. Use the DIM weight calculator provided by Red Stag Fulfillment to examine how different carriers’ DIM weight pricing compares to one another.
Cheapest ways to ship large boxes
When it comes to transporting huge products in the smallest feasible boxes, there is an art to it.Your third-party logistics provider (3PL) may be able to assist you.Examples include Red Stag Fulfillment, which employs technology that determines the most appropriate package size for each purchase.
Then, using our bespoke packaging equipment, we can construct the ideal box.Not only can a better-fitting box save you money on DIM weight price, but it also saves you time and effort.You’ll save money as well because you’ll be using less infill.
As an added benefit of properly packing things in the appropriate-sized box, they are less likely to shift and become damaged during delivery.Another smart technique to save money on delivering big or enormous products is to reduce the number of delivery zones that are utilized.Every major US carrier splits the country into shipping zones, and they all do so differently.
Zones are computed based on the distance between the points of origin and destination.The aspect of how far the parcel needs to travel is taken into consideration while calculating zone price.The greater the number of shipping zones a cargo must travel through in order to reach its destination, the higher the shipping cost.When you ship small things across many shipping zones, the price difference may be as little as a couple of dollars per item.Extra zones, on the other hand, can significantly increase the cost of delivery for large and bulky products by as much as 50% or more.When you’re shipping huge shipments, this might add up to a significant amount of money.
- Red Stag Fulfillment has addressed the issue of shipping zones by selecting two warehouse sites that can deliver national fulfillment to 97 percent of the United States in two days or fewer, according to the company.
- A majority of US locations are within a few delivery zones of our eCommerce fulfillment facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Knoxville, Tennessee, respectively.
Cheapest ways to ship heavy boxes
In the event that your items are heavy, there are further options for lowering delivery expenses.You will almost likely choose ground delivery over air delivery if you have a choice between the two.Shipments up to 70 pounds are eligible for USPS Parcel Select, which offers competitive commercial shipping rates.
FedEx Ground also offers commercial savings on packages weighing up to 70 pounds.UPS Ground is a good option for even heavy things.Up to 150 pounds in weight can be transported with this service.
FedEx Freight may be a more cost-effective delivery option for really large and heavy products such as furniture.Heavy items must be shipped in stronger cardboard boxes in order to be safe while in transit.This might result in additional weight and expense.
It is possible to save money by palletizing and sending things in bulk to a collection site.Your physical store or a third-party receiving site might serve as the venue for this process.Provide your consumers with a price break in exchange for taking care of the last mile to their residence.Both you and your clients will benefit from lower delivery costs.When delivering large or heavy boxes, negotiating shipping charges is critical to achieving a cost-effective shipping solution.If your company does not generate enough volume to be eligible for lower prices, you should consult with your eCommerce fulfillment partner about your options.
- Volume shipment discounts with major carriers are available to some fulfillment firms (such as Red Stag Fulfillment), which they may pass on to their consumers.
Ship heavy or oversized packages economically
Working with a professional shipping company is one of the most cost-effective methods to move large and bulky products.When selecting a fulfillment business, inquire about the organization’s previous experience working with huge merchandise.We at Red Stag Fulfillment take great satisfaction in being the go-to company for shipping big, bulky, and enormous items.
We’d be delighted to assist you in finding cost-effective shipping solutions for your big items.All you have to do is phone us!
Oversized vs. freight shipping
Sending a parcel might be a challenging task.We’ll assist you in defining large shipments vs freight shipments, and we’ll give you with a resource for estimating expected shipping costs.Packages that are too large and/or require extra handling charges The dimensions of the package decide whether or not it is considered oversized.
Because of the weight of the shipment, additional handling fees may be applied to the order.In the United States, FedEx Ground and Express services levy an oversize charge delivery fee if a package exceeds the dimensions listed below: Dimensions with a circumference more than 130 inches
- FedEx considers shipments to be freight if they satisfy or exceed at least one of the following criteria: a weight greater than 150 pounds
- With measurements of greater than 165 inches in length and circumference taken together
- See our step-by-step guide for complete information on how to transport a large item by freight delivery service. Several tried-and-true strategies will help to ensure that your product arrives at its destination in one piece when shipping huge packages across long distances. FedEx, as shipping professionals, recommends that you do the following: Make use of a sturdy box. The greater the weight of your stuff, the more sturdy the box you’ll require. It is best to get a brand-new box because previously used boxes may be flimsier or otherwise degraded. In order to offer an additional layer of strength and safety, you may even stuff your box within another box. If you are shipping your cargo in a box-in-box, make sure to put some padding between the boxes for additional protection.
- Make use of extra-strong packaging tape. Once you’ve safely packed your stuff in the box, use stronger packing tape to close the seams, using the ″H″ method to ensure that nothing falls out. When shipping packages, do not use masking, duct, or Scotch tape.
- Based on the weight and dimensions of your huge item, choose the best shipping method for you. To select the shipping method to use, weigh and measure your cargo. You may choose normal delivery, oversized shipping or freight as your shipment method. To assess the total length and girth of the box, you may use a tape measure, and you can weigh the item using a common bathroom scale.
- You might want to consider breaking up the shipment into numerous shipments. By delivering the things in many boxes rather than one huge delivery, you may be able to avoid paying expensive package shipping fees. Delivering numerous smaller goods may or may not be less expensive than shipping a single large shipment and incurring extra costs, despite the fact that you’ll have to pay the usual shipping amount for each box.
To get an idea of how much shipping will cost, use the FedEx shipment calculator.When sending a package that does not qualify as freight, you can also generate and print your shipping label from home, and then arrange a pickup or drop-off at your local FedEx Office® store, FedEx Ship Center, or an official FedEx Authorized Shipping Center (FASC).We have the means and resources to ensure that your things reach their destination in a safe and timely manner, whether you’re shipping a conventional box, transporting large items, or delivering an enormous order through freight.
Visit the FedEx Learning Center for further information on specific goods and how to package and send them correctly.
Cheapest Way to Ship Large & Oversized Packages
- A few important points: Oversized objects are those that surpass the size and weight constraints set out by a courier service
- Shipping big or bulky commodities throughout the world is straightforward when using Easyship.
- Furniture, bicycles, and heavy machinery are examples of huge objects that are frequently delivered.
It is always a challenge for online sellers to transport large or heavy products at a reasonable cost with shipping providers.However, as an eCommerce business owner, you should be aware that delivering huge packages does not have to be an expensive endeavor.Whether you’re shipping across the United States or across international borders, this article will explain the most cost-effective way to transport large goods and how to ship huge things.
You’ll discover how to transport huge things at a discount utilizing trustworthy carriers such as the United States Postal Service, UPS, DHL, and FedEx, among others.Alternative shipping choices are available through Easyship, which provides up to 70% off reduced shipping costs on more than 250 different delivery options.
Table of Contents
01 What Is an Oversized Item and How Do I Know If I Have One? 02 Shipping Alternatives for Large Objects How to Ship a Large Package in the U.S. 04 Use Easyship to find the most cost-effective and efficient method of shipping large packages. 05 Begin Shipping Large Item on a Budget Right Away 06 Shipping Oversized Items Frequently Asked Questions
What’s an Oversized Item?
- Excessive-sized packages are ones that surpass the size and weight constraints imposed by a courier service provider. In other words, the term ″oversized″ is subjective and depends on the perspective of the shipper. Depending on the shipping carrier, different weight restrictions may apply
- nevertheless, if your package weighs more than 65 pounds, it is most certainly considered a big freight item. The following is a list of often seen huge items: Furniture
What oversized implies to the top four shipping companies when it comes to large package shipment is explained below. In addition, we’ll go over other vital facts, such as the transit time for mailing large products through the United States Postal Service.
Shipping Large Boxes with USPS
- Dimensional Weight: N/ALength/width: Dimensional Weight: N/AL Anything longer than 108″ and wider than 130″ in combined length and breadth is considered to be excessive. Any box that is more than 108 inches in length but shorter than 130 inches in width must be transported by Parcel Select.
- If your item is longer than 108″ and broader than 130″, you’ll need to get in touch with USPS to find out how much it will cost to transport it.
Amount of weight in kilograms and ounces: NALength and breadth in inches: Whatever is longer than 108″ in length and wider than 130″ in length and breadth is prohibited.The use of Parcel Select is required for any package that is more than 108 inches in length but less than 130 inches in width.If your item is longer than 108″ and broader than 130″, you’ll need to contact USPS for a special delivery charge.
Shipping Large Boxes with UPS
- Weight in terms of dimensions: more than 150 pounds The overall length and breadth of this item is almost 165″ in length and width. When it comes to transporting bulky things, UPS has two designations: Big Packages: These are products that measure more than 96 inches on the longest side or more than 130 inches in total length, breadth, and girth. Large shipments weighing more than 90 pounds will be subject to additional costs. Large products can be shipped using standard delivery methods.
- Over Maximum Limits: These products are for shipments weighing more than 150 lbs, or more than 108″ on one side, or measuring more than 130″ in length, breadth, and girth altogether. These packages must be transported via UPS Freight Services, and are charged differently than regular UPS retail services
Shipping Large Boxes with FedEx
- Weight in terms of dimensions: more than 90 pounds Dimensions: Over 130 inches in total length and width
- over 96 inches on one side. FedEx large is smaller than UPS and USPS, both in terms of package weight and dimensions
- Large shipments can be shipped by the United States and International Ground Services, as well as the United States Express Package Service. However, there will be a $90 fee for each shipment
- you may also be subject to extra FedEx fees if you ship large things during the Christmas season.
Shipping Large Boxes with DHL
- Weight in terms of dimensions: more than 155 pounds (70 kilograms). Over 47″ in length and breadth by 31″ in height and width by 31″ (120 cm x 80 cm x 80 cm) Express courier DHL is a global company that specializes in international shipping.
- Obtain pricing quotations from DHL directly so that you are aware of the shipping costs associated with shipping large products
The majority of shipping carriers need you to contact them directly in order to obtain a pricing quotation, which can be time-consuming when compared to receiving a quick cost quote.Easyship provides access to more than 250 courier firms and gives discounts of up to 70% off reduced shipping costs.You no longer have to waste time asking around for price estimates since Easyship streamlines the process and makes calculating shipping costs simpler.
Options For Shipping Large Items
We’ll speak about the huge shipping choices that are accessible to eCommerce business owners now that you’ve learned how to send large products. In addition, we’ll discuss the most cost-effective method of transporting large products as well as the transit timeframes for shipping companies. Here are a few of the most effective methods of delivering heavy objects:
USPS Parcel Select
Merchants that need to send commodities or packages weighing up to 70lbs can benefit from our service, which is specifically created for them.It is possible for online merchants to take use of this ground service at a greatly reduced charge.The delivery time is between three and seven business days depending on the product.
A 65-pound cargo from Hollywood, California to Denver, Colorado will cost you $65 if you use the USPS Parcel Select service.As is often the case, the Easyship rate calculator makes it extremely simple to compare shipping prices for different orders.With a cost of $78.07, USPS Parcel Select is undoubtedly the most cost-effective method of shipping large items in this instance, closely followed by USPS Priority Mail.
The delivery time for Parcel Select is somewhat longer than that of Priority Mail, although it is just $1 less costly.Shipping big items has never been more affordable than it is with Easyship, which gives discounts of up to 70% off regular costs.Do not be concerned about how to send huge products; we will take care of everything.
Do you require a cost-effective method of shipping large shipments weighing more than 60 pounds without compromising your bottom line?You might wish to consider using UPS Ground as a shipping option.The service enables you to transport huge products weighing up to 150lbs at extremely competitive rates.
For big products shipped using this delivery method, the travel period is typically between three and five working days, depending on the destination.
FedEx Ground is a shipping option provided to online retailers that need to transport large items weighing more than 70 lbs, according to FedEx. These services are also greatly reduced, and FedEx Ground shipments are delivered within 3 to 5 business days, depending on the destination.
How to Ship a Large Package
Shipping big or bulky products throughout the world is straightforward when you choose Easyship as your shipping service.In addition, we provide the most cost-effective method of sending large products, as well as a wide range of shipping alternatives.There are various steps you may take in order to send large quantities of goods throughout the United States and the rest of the world.
We’ll walk you through the process of shipping large things step-by-step in this section:
1. Package Your Item Properly
This is the first step in sending huge things in the proper manner…. When shipping large shipments, you should utilize durable packing and make certain that the things inside are secured with cushioning materials.
2. Take Measurements
When it comes to determining the costs you pay for delivering large things, the dimensions are quite important. As a result, you must ensure that your packages are accurately measured. Having the dimensions of your shipments in hand can help you get more precise quotes on your shipping costs.
3. Weigh Your Package
Several shipping charges are computed based on the weight of the goods being shipped, which you are well aware of. Shipments are often measured in pounds (lbs), and the greater the weight of the shipment, the more expensive it will be to transport. Ensure that your item does not exceed any weight restrictions by checking the dimensions of your item as well.
4. Calculate Shipping Costs
With our helpful shipping calculator, you can find out how much your box will cost to send by entering the dimensions, weight, origin, and destination of your shipment. You will receive a complete – and accurate – accounting of all expenses.
5. Book and Pay
Once you’ve determined which option will provide you with the most value for your money when shipping large products, all you have to do is book your cargo and pay.
6. Print Your Shipping Labels
The printing of your shipping labels will be required following the payment of your cargo. You’ll also need to print any customs documentation that may be required for your shipment.
7. Label Your Package
When you’re ready to ship your item, attach the printed shipping labels and customs documentation to the outside of the package’s body with packing tape. Don’t forget to use high-quality, clear adhesive adhesives to hold everything together.
8. Send the Package
You’ll need to drop off your large or big products at the courier’s office as the final step in the shipping process. Alternatively, if the service you choose allows it, you may just wait for the box to be picked up by the courier.
Find the Best and Cheapest Way to Ship Large Packages with Easyship
- Unlike other shipping companies, Easyship goes the additional mile to give eCommerce company owners and merchants with seamless solutions for sending their customers’ purchases all over the world. Furthermore, because of our vast courier choices and low rates, we are the most cost-effective method to transport bulky parcels. In order to make the most of the end-to-end logistical infrastructure that Easyship offers with carriers such as the United States Postal Service, UPS, and FedEx, you must first understand what end-to-end shipping consists of. You’ll be more knowledgeable about shipping huge products as a result. If you want an exact price for low-cost delivery, you should use our shipping rates calculator in the following manner: Enter the address of the place from which you are sending, including the postal code
- Enter the address of the place to which you are mailing, including the postal code
- Enter the length, breadth, and height of your package, as well as the weight and volume.
- Enter the weight of your shipment in pounds and kilograms.
- To view the quotations, use the ″calculate″ button.
We’ll go through how to use our free shipping rates calculator to figure out how much international shipping will cost you in this section.
Cheapest Way to Ship Large Packages Internationally
International shipping does not have to be difficult, especially when it comes to large products.Easyship, on the other hand, provides more than 250 courier alternatives as well as discounted shipping costs of up to 70% off.Transporting goods from the United States to Canada Consider the following scenario: you need to send a 65-pound item from the United States to Canada.
We’ll utilize our free shipping rates calculator to figure out how much it will cost to send your package.The DHL eCommerce Express Worldwide service, for example, costs $184.56 and has a delivery period of 1-2 business days, as shown.Alternatively, Priority Mail Express International from the United States Postal Service costs $325.29 and will arrive within 7-10 business days.
Register for a free Easyship account to view even more possibilities if none of the above solutions strike your interest.Shipping packages from the United States to Australia Consider the following scenario: you want to transport a 75-pound item from the United States to Australia this time.We’ll utilize our shipping rates calculator to figure out how much it will cost to ship the package once again.
Clearly, UPS Worldwide Expedited delivery costs $360.09 and is the fastest, cheapest, and most cost-effective method of shipping available.UPS Worldwide Saver, on the other hand, costs $497.27 and delivers packages in 2-5 business days for the same price.Transporting goods from the United States to Europe Do you want to ship anything to the United Kingdom?Consider the following scenario: you wish to transport the same 75-pound cargo again, but this time to the United Kingdom.The shipping fees are listed below.If you need your product delivered as soon as possible, UPS Worldwide Expedited will cost you $236.86 and will deliver your goods in as little as 2 working days.
- UPS Worldwide Saver, which costs $346.73 and delivers within 2-5 business days, is an alternative option.
- Shipping goods from the United States to China Consider the following scenario: you wish to convey a 75-pound item from the United States to China.
- The rates for the 75-pound package are listed below.
- If you need your cargo sent as soon as possible, UPS Worldwide Expedited will cost you $327.38 and will arrive in 2 working days.
- UPS Worldwide Saver, which costs $412.17 and will deliver your shipment in 2-5 working days, is an alternative option.
- Register for a free Easyship account to explore a broader range of possibilities.
You will then be provided with the most cost-effective method of shipping bulky products.Shipping packages from the United States to Singapore Finally, let’s imagine you want to transport a box to Singapore that weighs 75 pounds.The shipping expenses for a shipment weighing 75 pounds are listed below.
- The UPS Worldwide Expedited service, as shown above, costs $281.83 and takes up to 2 business days to deliver your goods.
- Furthermore, this is the most expedient, least expensive, and most cost-effective delivery option available.
- UPS Worldwide Saver and Worldwide Express, on the other hand, are shipping options that are more costly and take longer to deliver.
- You’ve come to the right place if you’re seeking for the best and most affordable shipping rates for sending huge things.
Start Shipping Large Items on a Budget!
You can always discover the finest and most cost-effective shipping options with Easyship, whether you’re delivering 10 items or 10,000.This is particularly true if you’re looking for the cheapest method to ship an enormous shipment, which Easyship will help you with.Easyship provides more than 250 courier alternatives, with reductions ranging from 20 percent to 70 percent off shipping prices.
This is the most effective method of determining the most cost-effective approach to send big commodities.Easyship provides eCommerce company owners with everything they need, from gym equipment and apparel to baggage, cosmetic supplies, and even car parts.There’s no longer any need to be concerned about how to ship bulky products because we’ll be there every step of the way for you.
Start saving money on shipping big products right away by creating an account with us now!
Shipping Oversized Items FAQ
- What is the best way to mail a huge item without using a box? If you’re not sending in a box, make sure to use lots of packing material and seal your cargo with tape if you are. The cost of shipping a large, lightweight box is not specified. Shipping a 50-pound box from New York to Los Angeles with the United States Postal Service Priority Mail costs $131.06 (plus tax). What are some of the most often transported big items? Oversized things such as furniture, machines, and televisions are typical. The following may be of interest to you if you found this article informative: What is the cheapest method of shipping packages in 2021? What is the cheapest method of shipping clothes and apparel in 2021? What is the cheapest method of shipping internationally in 2021?
Cheapest Way to Ship Heavy Items: Carriers and Classes for Shipping Large Items
- What do you hope to gain knowledge about?
- Isn’t it true that huge items come with big problems?
- Even though shipping heavy-weight huge packages and enormous things might seem like a pain in the neck, there are a variety of carriers that can provide fast and simple transportation of even the largest and bulkiest items or the peace of mind that a company owner needs.
- By weighing the advantages and disadvantages of various shipping options, you can choose which shipping solution is most appropriate for your company.
Table of contents:
- What to consider while shipping big products
- the best methods for sending heavy and large items (+ a comparison of the major carriers)
- Before exporting large and heavy objects, there are a few things you should know.
- What methods do ecommerce firms use to send large items?
- Shipping huge items: Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you require assistance with fulfillment?
What to consider when shipping heavy items
- There is a lot to consider when picking who to ship your big products with and how to transport them.
- When it comes to shipping, size is just as important as weight.
- If you have two items that weigh the same but are different sizes and shapes, you’ll likely get two different shipping quotes from two separate shipping firms as a consequence.
- With that in mind, here are some considerations to keep in mind while shipping large or heavy items:
1. Dimensional weight
- This is a relatively new notion (UPS and FedEx began utilizing dimensional weight in 2015, and the United States Postal Service adopted it in 2019), and it came about as a result of shipping firms losing money on packages that were both enormous and incredibly light.
- The ″theoretical″ weight of your package is represented by its dimensional weight.
- They will determine how much weight your package would have if it were to take up the same amount of volumetric space as your package by applying their own minimum density value, and then charge you for the more expensive option (the actual weight or dimensional weight).
- This is particularly essential to remember if your shipments weigh less than the dimensions weight, and you’ll want to acquire estimates from firms to figure out the true cost rather than calculating the cost yourself based on the actual weight.
2. Fragility items
Also, if your item is delicate and requires a little additional care, you may want to select a carrier that takes pleasure in handling fragile packages rather than one that prioritizes speedier delivery times, which might negatively impact parcel transportation.
3. Origin and destination of the package
It doesn’t matter how heavy your box is; carriers will use the origin and destination addresses to determine which shipping zone you’re sending to – the further away the address is, the higher the zone, and the higher the zone, the more expensive shipping will be to the destination address.
4. Carrier’s rules
Each carrier has its own set of restrictions, and the one you choose will have a significant impact on your shipping costs, depending on what you’re transporting. There are some carriers that are more accommodating than others when it comes to weight, size, and fragility – we’ll go into more depth about this in the next section.
5. Type of service being used
Is it your intention to offer international shipping services? Do you want it delivered the next day? 2-day shipping? Yes, please. Overnight? Each of these factors should be taken into consideration while selecting a carrier.
Best ways to ship heavy and large items (+ top carriers compared)
- In the world of heavy-weight and large shipping, there are a number of well-known names in the business.
- Each of them provides at least one good alternative for specific sorts of products, but not all of them are cost-effective shipping options for larger items.
- Choosing the perfect one might be the difference between being in the red and being in the black, so keep reading to find out which ones provide the best combination for you.
- However, whereas carriers/shippers that serve to smaller businesses and individual consumers (such as the United States Postal Service, UPS, and FedEx) advertise their pricing publicly, carriers that engage with bigger enterprises on a larger scale are less likely to publicize their prices (FedEx Freight, DHL).
- If your goods is large enough and in large enough quantities, freight shipping will almost always be less expensive than parcel delivery, making it worthwhile to shop around for the best deal on freight shipping services.
The cheapest way to ship heavy items
Consolidated freight is the most cost-effective method of sending big things, but it’s vital to evaluate the costs of USPS, FedEx, and DHL according on how heavy your product is and what sort of product you’re shipping to find the best deal. Pricing are summarized when they are available, but if no prices are shown, you will need to contact them directly in order to obtain a quotation.
The United States Postal Service offers a variety of shipping options and USPS mail kinds, including an overnight mailing option.
Priority Mail: 1-3 days
- In all sizes, from little envelopes to enormous boxes, the weight restriction for Priority Mail is 70 pounds.
- The greatest size they provide is approximately 1 foot by 1 foot and 6 inches in size.
- Prices range from $6.95 for a tiny envelope to $17.60 for a large box, depending on the size.
- If you have small to medium-sized things that are thick and hefty and don’t need them to get to the consumer right away, this is a wonderful choice for you — but it’s worth noting that delivery in 1-3 days is still fairly decent.
Priority Mail Express: overnight
- In the event that you need to send your product to its destination as fast as possible, Priority Mail Express is an excellent choice.
- The cost of sending a package under 70 pounds starts at $22.50, but that is the price of the flat rate shipping envelope, thus the cost of shipping only goes up from there.
- If your item is hefty and can be crammed into the flat rate envelope, this will be the most cost-effective alternative for you to choose.
- If it’s a larger item, you could have better experience with another shipping company.
Media Mail: 2-10 days
- Media Mail is only available to a very limited segment of USPS consumers.
- Shipping any type of media (books, CDs, DVDs) is far more affordable than shipping anything else when you use Media Mail, which is available for purchase online.
- Keep in mind, however, that if the USPS inspects your item and determines that you’ve violated the regulations (which they have the authority to do), they will return the parcel to you for inadequate postage, which you will have to pay.
- Those shipping media that is a bit heavier than usual, on the other hand, will be pleased to know that they will not find a better pricing anywhere else.
Ground: 2-8 days
- If your goods is too large to send in a large flat rate package through Priority Mail, Retail Ground delivery will be the best option for your situation.
- However, the weight restriction remains at 70 pounds, and it is intended for items that are too large to fit in the Priority Mail boxes.
- As you can see, the delivery time is far longer than expected.
- Additionally, pricing are computed based on zone and weight – for example, if you’re travelling to Zone 4, prices might range from $8 to $67, depending on how much you’re shipping.
- Putting your figures into an online calculator to determine if it’s a good fit in terms of pricing is worthwhile if you’re not in a rush.
- The Retail Ground delivery option is for you if your goods is too large to send in a large flat rate box using Priority Mail.
- However, the weight restriction remains at 70 pounds, and it is intended for items that are too large to fit in the Priority Mail boxes itself.
- As you can see, though, the delivery time is somewhat longer..
- Additionally, charges are computed based on zone and weight – for example, if you’re traveling to Zone 4, prices might range from $8 to $67, depending on how much you’re transporting in total.
- Putting your figures into an online calculator to check whether it’s a fair price match is worthwhile if you’re not in a rush.
Ground: 1-7 days
- If you’ve been feeling left out because of the USPS’s 70-pound weight limit, FedEx is here to help.
- However, they have a less predictable delivery time and a more inclusive weight limit of 150 pounds, as well as sizes that are as long as 108 inches, and as long as 165 inches including girth, and as wide as 48 inches.
- FedEx Ground might be a wonderful alternative if your items are larger and/or heavier than what the United States Postal Service allows for in its flat pricing.
Freight: Priority or Economy
- Price ranges for FedEx Freight are impossible to provide since they vary so much by zone and item size.
- However, if you’re delivering pallets of large products, here is the place to start your search.
- The priority option, of course, is for faster delivery over the economy option, and both are determined by the entire weight and size of your pallet.
- When you have a big number of goods to mail and/or a significant amount of weight to transport overall, this might be a significantly more cost-effective choice than shipping the packages separately.
DHL’s heavy shipping choices are excellent for international shipment, and they even provide expedited shipping alternatives as well.
- In addition, DHL owns, co-owns, or collaborates with a number of various airlines across the world.
- In addition to providing a door-to-door delivery service, it provides an air freight service in which your freight is loaded to various flights that are planned along significant routes (plus airport-to-door, or door-to-airport).
- It, like all other carriers, provides options for how quickly you need your freight delivered, ranging from Urgent Air Freight (1-2 days) to Air Economy (5-7 days), as well as options for special cargo, temperature-controlled environments, and international shipments that must arrive on a specific day.
- DHL’s ocean freight service is quite similar to its air freight service in that it transports freight across international borders on a variety of ocean carriers.
- A comparable range of customized alternatives is available, including temperature-controlled spaces and the transfer of liquids.
- They also provide Full Container (FCL) and Less Than Container (LCL) shipping options.
- Overall, freight solutions are used when your goods is too heavy, large, or bulky to be shipped by parcel delivery at a reasonable cost.
- Shipping it via pallet or container makes more sense because you will obtain a better price and service this way.
What to do before shipping large and heavy items
- Although losing or damaging goods is the worst-case situation, it is one that you will almost certainly have to deal with at some point.
- So, what can you do to reduce the danger, as well as the amount of money you’ll have to spend on the replacement goods and shipping costs?
- Insurance for the shipment.
- When weighed against the benefits, it’s not that expensive, and it’s definitely worth it if you’re sending a large number of things.
- Is there a recent instance in which you bought anything online and were not provided with order tracking information?
- It’s possible that it’s been a while.
- Overall, when clients anticipate a specific degree of care, it is your responsibility to provide that care.
- Apart from the fact that it is anticipated, it fosters confidence with them and results in a greater perceived value – not to mention the fact that you can trace all of your shipments.
Delivery confirmation is essential for a successful monitored package delivery, and it also assists you with your insurance claim, making it a win-win situation. You’ll be notified when the product is delivered (as will your consumers), and you may utilize that information not just to benefit your customers, but also to aid you if the package is stolen from their possession.
How do ecommerce shops ship heavy items?
- As you may guess, delivering big things for ecommerce companies is a little different than traditional shipping.
- Many ecommerce businesses that are seeking to grow find it difficult to manage inventory storage, monitoring, and shipping of large amounts of goods, so they turn to third-party retail fulfillment companies for assistance.
- There are also third-party logistics organizations that specialize in the transportation of large, heavy objects.
- It may be quite beneficial in terms of scalability, shipping more quickly, and even cutting total shipping costs.
- When you outsource the management of your inventory to a third party, you may take advantage of various fulfillment centers and negotiate lower shipping costs with shipping carriers, allowing you to pass those savings on to your customers.
- Transporting large, bulky objects is always going to be more difficult than transporting tiny and lightweight stuff.
- Accounting for all of the numerous factors and costs that are imposed on, from weight limitations to dimensional weight, may be a difficult task, but perhaps this article has been of use to you.
- Shipping expenses may eat away at your revenues, whether you are a little business or a large corporation with several locations.
- Shipping costs change and may have a significant impact on your bottom line if you don’t keep track of them.
- It’s always worthwhile to conduct your homework and determine which carrier would be the best fit for your company.
Shipping large items FAQs
The following are the answers to the most often asked questions concerning transporting heavy products.
What is the cheapest way to ship large items?
Consolidated freight is the most cost-effective method of transporting large products. However, it is critical that you evaluate shipping companies based on the type of item you are mailing and how hefty the package is.
Does UPS ship large?
Yes, UPS does send huge items, but only up to a certain size restriction. The packages they send must weigh no more than 150 pounds and measure no more than 165 inches in both girth and length.
Does USPS have a size limit?
They do have a maximum weight and size limit. You must send packages that weigh less than 70 pounds and are smaller than 108 inches in total length and circumference in order to qualify for expedited shipping services.
Need help with fulfilment?
Request a quotation from ShipBob using the form below to get in contact and see if ShipBob is the appropriate match for your company.
Oversize Shipping: Carrier Rules, Dimensions, Weights, and How to Ship Oversized Items
- What do you hope to gain knowledge about?
- The greater the size of your bundle, the greater the size of your headache.
- It may be quite expensive for businesses dealing with the transportation of big things and huge products to clients who are located in remote areas.
- Along with demands from carriers to get things out the door as economically and swiftly as possible, you’ll have problems within your warehouse.
- Because there is no universally accepted definition of an enormous package, knowing your expenses and how to save money begins with understanding what each carrier requires.
- This tutorial will provide you with that information, as well as a few tips on how to minimize or lessen your large fee charges in the future.
How shipping carriers define oversized packages
Every carrier has its own set of standards that control whether or not your shipment is considered big and how much you will be charged as a result. Cost is normally influenced by both size and weight, although there is a great deal of variety. Let’s take a deeper look at what’s going on.
It is the carrier’s policy to determine if your cargo is excessive and how much you will be charged as a result of this. The cost of a product is often influenced by its size and weight, however there is a wide range. Let’s take a deeper look at what we have here.
- You’ll want to take into account both the ″Over Maximum Limits″ and the ″Large Package″ classifications for UPS to comprehend exactly what you may send and how it’ll be shipped. Unquestionably the most crucial point to remember straight away is that you may ship Large Package shipments over the UPS small package delivery network. However, if your box is large enough to fall into the Over Maximum Limits category, it will have to be transported through UPS’s freight services. A large package is defined as one in which the longest side surpasses 96 inches on its own or reaches a total 130 inches when considering length plus girth (2 times breadth) plus height (if applicable) (2 x height). You’ll be charged an extra fee, and your billable weight must be at least 90 pounds. For UPS, a large package is defined as one that fits one or more of the criteria listed below: The person’s weight exceeds 150 lbs.
- In all, the package measures more than 165 inches in length and circumference
- For starters, the length is more than 108″
In addition to being subject to Over Maximum Limits fees, these oversize shipments will also be subject to dimensional weight calculations. You may figure out these and other prices by visiting UPS’s freight website.
- FedEx considers a shipment to be large if its length exceeds 96 inches or if its length and circumference combined exceed 130 inches.
- Even while FedEx will use its dimensional weight computation to your item, the company warns that you’ll be faced with a minimum billable weight of 90 lbs.
- According to the firm, you should still be able to use its ground services in the United States and abroad, as well as its U.S.
- Express Package service, however you’ll be charged a $90 overweight fee per package.
- If you ship during the busiest seasons of the year, you will be subject to an extra large peak cost of $37.50 per box.
- The next peak season will take place between October 21, 2019 and January 5, 2020.
- DHL charges an additional $89 per cargo for large packages.
- Unless you have a pallet, you will be charged this price if you have any component (including a pallet) that weighs more than 70 kg (154.3 lbs.) or has a single dimension more than 120 cm (47.24 inches).
- More information about the firm’s policies may be found here, however the company recommends that you contact them directly before delivering an enormous product to determine what services are available in your location and within your timetable.
4 options if your package is oversized
- DHL charges $89 per shipment for big packages delivered through their network of delivery services providers.
- If you have any object (including a pallet) that weighs more than 70 kg (154.3 lbs.) or has a single dimension greater than 120 cm, you will be charged this cost (47.24 inches).
- The company’s shipping requirements may be found here, but it recommends that you contact them personally before sending an enormous product to determine what services are available in your location and within your time period.
Pay the fee
Paying the price allows them to receive their item on schedule or to satisfy another requirement. This isn’t a fantastic choice for delivering things to consumers because the costs can be prohibitively expensive, but when you’re in a hurry, it’s worth it. Check with your shipping company to determine the actual rate, such as FedEx’s $90 per package charge.
Ship freight instead
- Most of the time, carriers will charge you a freight rate rather than a standard shipping rate.
- Freight shipments can save you money on most of these large expenses, and you aren’t necessarily spending significantly more than you would if you were delivering a conventional item.
- You may even be able to save a little money on occasion.
- In this case, the one significant disadvantage is that you often don’t have as many alternatives for time-sensitive shipments, and delivery takes longer on average.
Divvy up your packages
- Most of the time, carriers will charge you a freight rate rather than a standard shipping fee.
- Delivering freight may save you money on most of these large expenses, and you aren’t necessarily spending significantly more than you would if you were simply shipping a standard box.
- You can even save a little money on occasion.
- The one major drawback is that you often don’t have as many alternatives for time-sensitive shipments, and delivery takes longer on average than with other methods.
Ship with a 3PL
3PLs consider i