The 4 best US carriers who ship to Australia
|USPS||Priority Mail Express International||~$47|
|USPS||Priority Mail International||~$33|
|USPS||First-Class International Service||~$15|
Free Shipping within USA. Many luxury online shopping websites will offer free shipping within the USA or offer promotions which will make orders above a certain limit eligible for free
How long does it take to ship a package to Australia?
How long does it take to ship to Australia? You can send a package to Australia from the US in as little as 1-3 business days if you book an expedited shipping service, where an economy shipping service could take up to 16 business days, depending on the carrier.
What is the cheapest way to ship to Australia?
With Parcel Monkey you can ship a package to Australia easily and cheaply using big-brand couriers at discounted rates. To find the cheapest way to ship to Australia, use our simple shipping calculator to compare prices and book discounted services with DHL, USPS, UPS and more. How much is shipping to Australia?
Are there any special considerations when shipping to Australia?
We Have Answers! Are there any special considerations when shipping to Australia? Yes. Due to Australian Customs regulations, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind when shipping to Australia:
Is it cheaper to ship personal effects to Australia?
Because of the volume of people shipping personal effects to Australia, the cost may be cheaper than you think. The additional charges and exclusions outlined below are industry standard and typical to whichever shipping company you use, not just PSS International Removals.
What’s the cheapest way to send a package to Australia?
What is the Cheapest Way to Ship to Australia from the USA?
|APC – ParcelConnect Expedited||10-15 days||$60.06|
|DHL Express Worldwide||4-7||$62.21|
|USPS – Priority Mail Express International||12-19||$100.50|
How much does it cost to ship a 5lb package to Australia?
Cheapest shipping to Australia
|1lb||$23.78||Asendia e-Paq Plus|
|5lb||$62.59||Pitney Bowes Standard|
|10lb||$99.64||EMS Parcel Post|
|20lb||$163.40||EMS Parcel Post|
Can UPS ship to Australia?
We take our commitments seriously. Australia seems like a world away and shipping around the globe can be stressful. Rest assured that all and any of your shipments to Australia (just like any other destination) are fully tracked and you can check your parcel’s status at any time for free.
How do I send a package to Australia?
Quick tips: How to address mail to Australia
- Include the correct state abbreviation and Australia postal code.
- Write the town, state and Australia postal code on the same line.
- No commas or full stops.
- Left align the text.
- Include your return address.
- Use a font or handwriting that is easy to read and clear.
Can I send clothes to Australia?
Goods that can be declared as personal effects and which can be exempt from duty and tax usually include; personal clothing, furniture, rugs, books and bicycles. When completing your customs declaration, it is important to do so properly and clearly.
Can you ship USPS to Australia?
Secure, Affordable Global Shipping
USPS® international mail services go to more than 180 countries, including Great Britain, Canada, Japan, Mexico, and Australia.
Is shipping to Australia still suspended?
However, as of 2022, with growing public health concerns, the USPS has suspended most services to Australia, the most notable exception being Global Express Guaranteed.
How long does it take shipping from USA to Australia?
There is no land border between Australia and any other country. The only way to ship packages to Australia is via air or sea, so package delivery takes time. On average, shipping packages from the USA to Australia takes seven to ten days if you don’t select expedited shipping.
How much is shipping from the USA to Australia?
What is the cheapest way to get to Australia?
– Often the cheapest method – You can pay with a bank transfer or a card – Gives you the freedom to pick your rate and easily compare
Shipping to Australia
Getting your package shipped to Australia doesn’t have to be as difficult as it may look at first.With Parcel Monkey, you can transport a parcel to Australia quickly and affordably, taking advantage of low prices from major courier companies.Use our easy shipping calculator to compare costs and book discounted services with DHL, USPS, UPS, and other shipping companies to ship to Australia for the lowest possible cost.Get a free, no-obligation quotation.
How much is shipping to Australia?
Shipping charges to Australia vary and are impacted by a number of factors, including the size and weight of your shipment, how fast you want your delivery to arrive, and where you’re shipping from. Even though it appears to be hard, Parcel Monkey allows you to receive a quote in seconds.
Find the cheapest way to ship to Australia
Our goal is for you to take advantage of our low-cost shipping services to Australia, so we’ve simplified the process so that you can locate the best deal in just a few clicks. Finding the cheapest option to ship a package to Australia is as simple as following these six steps:
- Make sure your item is properly packaged.
- Weigh (in pounds) and measure your package (inches in length, width, and height)
- Our shipping calculator requires you to enter the dimensions and weight of your item.
- Provide a detailed description and a monetary value for the item you’re mailing.
- Fill up the blanks with the addresses of where you’re sending from and to
- Request a quotation
USPS shipping to Australia
With Parcel Monkey, you may save money on shipping a parcel to Australia through the United States Postal Service.If you don’t have time to wait in line at the Post Office, you can schedule cheap USPS services online.Using our shipping calculator, you may save money on postage to Australia by booking services such as USPS Priority Mail International and other discounted options.Simply print and attach your mailing labels at home, then drop off your item at your local United States Postal Service post office at a time that is convenient to you.Even though our mailing charges to Australia are less expensive than those charged by the post office, you’ll still receive the same high-quality service, including full USPS tracking.
Request a shipping cost estimate.
How long does it take to ship to Australia?
If you choose an accelerated shipping service, you may ship a product to Australia from the United States in as little as 1-3 business days, but an economy shipping service could take anywhere from 8 to 16 business days, depending on the carrier you choose.Not only does our shipping calculator assist you in locating the most affordable shipping rates to Australia, but it also allows you to compare travel times*, allowing you to select the service that best meets your demands and financial constraints.Some examples of our shipping services to Australia include the following:
Economy shipping to Australia
- The following are our most affordable courier services for delivery to Australia: Asendia e-PAQ Plus is the most cost-effective method of shipping small items to Australia from the United States. This cost-effective monitored postal service, which is suitable for packets and parcels weighing up to 4 pounds, delivers tracked shipments to Australia in 6-16 working days.
- Pitney Bowes Standard and EMS Parcel Post are two more low-cost shipping choices for sending packages to Australia from the United States. According to where you’re shipping from and to, delivery times varies between 7 and 18 business days on average. Both of them are monitored postal services, which means you will be able to follow your parcel
- however, tracking updates will be less frequent than those provided by a fully tracked courier service.
- In the case of international drop off, our own-brand service offered by FedEx can be booked if you want a speedier delivery time but still want to keep the cost low. It’s as simple as booking online and dropping your box off at your local FedEx location for delivery to Australia in 2-5 business days.
Expedited shipping to Australia
- DHL Express Worldwide is the most expedient method of shipping to Australia from the United States, with delivery times as short as three business days. There is full tracking for this premium service, and it is offered as a drop-off service, making it an outstanding value.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited – delivery to Australia in 2-5 business days with complete tracking information. Heavy and bulky objects that require expedited delivery are ideal candidates for this service.
- International Priority Drop Off is a FedEx service that we provide under our own brand. In 1-3 business days, this rapid courier service will deliver your package to Australia.
Request a no-obligation quotation. * Transit times are estimates supplied by our courier partners and are only applicable to major locations inside the United States. More distant sites may require an additional day or two of processing time.
What can I ship to Australia?
Whether you’re an eBay seller who has sold an item to a buyer in Brisbane, or a business with a customer in Sydney, Parcel Monkey can assist you in shipping a wide range of items throughout the country and beyond.From massive and heavy goods to clothing to vinyl recordings, everything is fair game.We may send anything as long as it is not restricted by Australian Customs or our shipping carriers.The country of Australia, on the other hand, has a set of severe import regulations that apply to products transported to the country through courier or postal service.Everything, including things that are allowed into the nation, is subject to thorough inspection and quarantine, particularly any type of agricultural product.
Exclusions include all plants and soil, as well as any goods that come into touch with soil, such as worn outdoor sports clothing/equipment, used gardening tools, or used outdoor furniture.The Australian Border Force gives a highly complete reference on what things can be imported into Australia; thus, before sending your shipment, please double-check this guide to prevent causing any needless delays at the border.Calculate your shipping costs right now.
When you ship a box from the United States to Australia, you will be required to submit a customs declaration, which will include the products you are shipping as well as the value of each item in the package.Parcel Monkey, on the other hand, will take care of this for you throughout the booking process when you ship products to Australia with us.We’ll ask you all of the pertinent questions, and then all you have to do is print the customs declaration and attach it to your shipment to complete the process.It is possible that customs fees will be incurred depending on what you are delivering, and the receiver will be responsible for paying these fees before Australian Customs can release your shipment.Please make sure that the receiver is informed of any costs that may be incurred, and that you include current contact information for them so that they may be quickly reached by customs when the package arrives in their possession.
For further information on this, please go to our customs advise section.
- Waffen of any type, including fake weapons
- live animals and plants
- soil, dirt, or clay
- fireworks, illegal pornography, pirated DVDs, and counterfeit designer products
- illegal pornography
- Terrorism-related materials
- illegal drugs
- and steroids
This is not an entire list of products that are forbidden from being imported into Australia; for more information, please see the Australian Border Force website. Please double-check the Parcel Monkey restricted and forbidden materials list before shipping a package to Australia, as there may be additional limitations imposed by our courier partners that must be considered.
Items specifically prohibited for shipping to Australia include:
- Lasers – Laser Pointer
View our complete list of forbidden items..
Frequently Asked Questions
View our complete list of forbidden items..
Do you offer door to door delivery?
The Parcel Monkey marketplace makes use of a shipping calculator to determine the most cost-effective way to transport your things from point A to point B using a variety of different carriers.With full tracking available on practically all of our delivery services, you can keep track of your product from the minute it leaves your possession until it reaches its destination.We always recommend that you provide the contact information for the receiver so that the courier may contact them if there is a problem with the delivery.Some of our courier services are delivered to a local Post Office, where the receiver will be required to pick up the box, such as DHL eCommerce to some distant places, hence it is necessary to include a working contact number when submitting your order.Items transported through Parcel Monkey are also shipped DDU, therefore it is possible that Customs will need payment from the receiver prior to delivering the package to them.
If you want assistance with the completion of any Customs Documents, we can provide it.If you would like to learn more about what a courier is and how to select the most appropriate service for your shipment, we can assist you.
Can I add protection cover to my order?
When you place an order through the Parcel Monkey marketplace, you will have the option to add protective coverage to your item throughout the booking process.We guarantee that you will be compensated if your item is lost or damaged as long as it does not include any banned items, has been packaged properly, and you complete our Claims Procedure.Some of our services do not include any form of protection, while others do, and some even provide free protection up to a particular dollar amount.When you receive a shipping quote from our shipping calculator, you will be able to see this information.Please double-check that the item does not appear on the list of restricted items, since doing so will render it invalid.
Keep in mind that your shipment will be shipped by international carriers and will most likely be processed by a variety of customs and airport agencies.Be careful to package the item securely so that it is properly secured and cannot move about in the box.
How long will it take for my package to be delivered?
- Take the time to assess how fast you need your product to arrive before deciding on a shipping method.
- The shipment destination and the courier service you select from the Parcel Monkey marketplace are the two most important things to consider when estimating transit timeframes.
- When you select a courier from our marketplace, we will provide an anticipated delivery time, which is supplied by the couriers themselves as they handle the goods in their possession or custody.
- You can see how long it will take for the package to arrive with the recipient, and we recommend that you share this tracking information with the recipient so that they are aware of when the package is expected to arrive.
- Always provide the recipient’s contact information when making a reservation in case the delivery courier wants to get in touch with them.
- If you’re wanting to save money, you may pick slower economic services such as DHL eCommerce, or you can choose a faster Express option that gets the box delivered more quickly, such as our 2-5 day International Drop Off service provided by FedEx, which is also available as a Pickup.
YOU’LL HAVE EVERY ADVANTAGE AS A MYUS MEMBER
- You might receive your delivery in as little as two days.
- Can’t wait to get your things in the mail?
- Choose from a number of speedy shipping alternatives to ensure that your products arrive as quickly as possible!
- When you consolidate packages, you can save money.
- MyUS may save you up to 80% on shipping costs by consolidating products from various retailers into a single shipment.
- Thousands of US shops offer SALES TAX-FREE shopping in the United States.
- Paying no sales tax in the United States allows you to save 7 percent on every transaction!
- Simply provide our special postal code when making purchases from US retailers.
- Packages may be tracked with relative ease.
- Knowing the precise time that your shipment leaves our facility and when it arrives at your door is essential.
- There are no hidden costs.
- With MyUS TruePriceTM upfront pricing, you only pay for what you weigh, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
* You can reach out to us at any time of day or night.Our customer care representatives are here to assist you at every step of the journey.Apply to international shipment from the United States by DHL, FedEx, UPS, or ″Budget Carrier,″ as well as other modes of transportation.Oversized shipping and palletized packages are excluded from this offer.Excessive length, width, and height are measured in linear dimensions (total length + width + height) higher than 72 inches (183 cm).
- The MyUS TruePrice pricing system does not apply to items that need certain types of special packaging (for example, crates).
- The MyUS TruePrice guarantee does not cover any additional or optional services like as insurance, dangerous goods fees, customs, levies, or taxes, among other things.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SHIP PARCELS TO AUSTRALIA FROM THE US AND UK?
- The MyUS shipping cost calculator makes it simple to figure out how much it will cost to ship your favorite things from the United States and the United Kingdom.
- You may get a price in seconds by entering the approximate weight of the box.
- Members of MyUS will have unique access to our real-time shipping tool, which allows you to compare shipping estimates, methods, and delivery schedules in order to locate the most competitively priced and expedient shipping alternatives available to you.
With MyUS You’ll Save on Shipping Costs
The MyUS program can help you save money on shipping packages to Australia from the United States and the United Kingdom! How we obtain the most competitive shipping prices to Australia:
- Through our exclusive partnerships with FedEx, DHL, UPS, and the United States Postal Service (USPS), we can provide our members with the most competitive air freight rates from the United States and the United Kingdom to Australia. MyUS members can also take advantage of our free parcel consolidation and forwarding service, which is designed to save our members money by consolidating shipments from multiple US or UK retailers. Interested in learning more? What is the procedure? Our warehouse staff will pick up and keep your shipments in your MyUS member rooms as soon as they arrive at our facility. Our team meticulously consolidates and repackages all of your things after they have arrived at your suite and then ships them straight to you, saving you both time and money. MyUS Premium members also enjoy an extra 20 percent shipping discount on top of that. To learn more about our membership options and to compare plans, please visit this page.
At MyUS, our mission is to exceed your expectations with each shipment and to make purchasing your favorite things from the United States simple and reasonable!
EASY AND CONVENIENT SHOPPING AND SHIPPING
- Get your own US and UK mailing addresses, affordable international shipping costs, and other benefits when you join MyUS.
- Shop at your favorite US and UK retailers without paying sales tax, and then ship your items to one of our MyUS facilities.
- As soon as we get your items, we carefully combine them into one shipment, allowing you to save money on international shipping.
- You have the option of selecting your favorite shipping carrier.
- Your items can be delivered to your home in as little as two days.
How long will it take to ship packages from the US and UK to Australia?
- MyUS provides the quickest and most cheap shipping alternatives from the United States and the United Kingdom to Australia. See below for our shipping choices from the United States and the United Kingdom to Australia: 1-2 business days for express delivery (Member Preferred)
- 1 to 3 business days for regular shipping.
- Shipping time for economy shipping is 2 to 5 business days.
The MyUS warehouse is located in Sarasota, Florida, in the United States of America.
Which carriers ship to Australia?
- Is it only that you prefer FedEx for shipping? Is DHL your preferred courier service? Do you need your package to arrive in two days? As a MyUS member, you have the freedom to choose which worldwide carrier service you wish to utilize with each shipment! Shipping costs and delivery periods vary depending on the carrier. USPS First Class: 7-14 days
- Budget Economy: 5-10 days
- DHL Express: 1-4 days
- FedEx Economy: 2-5 days
- FedEx Priority: 1-3 days
- UPS Expedited: 2-8 days
- UPS Worldwide Saver: 1-4 days
- FedEx Economy: 2-5 days
- FedEx Priority: 1-3 days
- UPS Expedited: 2-8 days
- UPS Worldwide Saver: 1-4 days
- FedEx Economy: 2-5 days
- FedEx Priority: 1-3 days
Shop US & UK Stores (Retailers) Popular With Our Australian Members
MyUS allows you to purchase at thousands of US and UK retailers! Check out our top-rated stores in the United States and the United Kingdom by clicking here! Always keep in mind that just because your shop isn’t on the list doesn’t mean that it isn’t accessible.
We’re your partner through the entire online US and UK retail shopping and international shipping process.
- Shopping at any online retailer in the United States or the United Kingdom is simple with the assistance of MyUS.
- Sign up to become a member and obtain your unique MyUS addresses and suite numbers, as well as the ability to send things from our US and UK retail locations to our distribution hubs in the United States.
- You’ll be able to pick when and how you wish to get your things from our broad choice of shipping options after we’ve received your orders from you.
Have Questions? We Have Answers!
Yes. Australian Customs laws require that you take a few crucial aspects into account while exporting to Australia. These considerations are as follows:
- Before we can ship any goods to Australia, we must first have a record of the seller’s name and mailing address. In the majority of circumstances, this information is contained on the merchant invoice that is included with your shipment. It is possible that your shipment will be delayed while we gather information from the merchant if the merchant does not provide an invoice or if the invoice does not show the seller’s name and address.
- Shipping via DHL and UPS is available: Whatever the value of the product from a single vendor, we can ship it to Australia via DHL and UPS. Additionally, we can transport Dangerous Goods to Australia via FedEx and DHL on your behalf. Each carrier has distinct requirements for the delivery region, the number of commodities, and the type of product. Whenever possible, we will ship your products using the carrier that is best suited to convey your stuff. As a result, in certain situations, we may be required to withdraw one item or several things from your package and ship them to you separately using an alternate mode of transportation. When your cargo arrives and when you make a shipment request, we will always notify you if it includes Dangerous Goods. Our system will automatically ship your package using the most appropriate courier if you submit a ship request that does not match the requirements for delivery by your preferred carrier
- Australian customs levies a 10 percent goods and services tax (GST) on any items, services, and transportation fees associated with parcels being imported into the country from other countries. Learn more about the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- It is possible that this FAQ will be updated from time to time. MyUS is devoted to giving its members with the best possible experience, and it is always collaborating with courier companies to provide you with as many alternatives as possible. In the case of importation of products into Australia, Australian customs will levy you a goods and services tax (GST) of ten percent. GST has previously been collected by Australian customs on products and services worth at more than 1,000 Australian dollars (AUD), and as of 1 July 2018, GST will be collected on shipments valued at less than 1,000 Australian dollars (AUD). What is the formula for calculating GST? GST is calculated on the total value of the goods and services you send, plus any service and shipping fees. Individual merchant shipments above 1,000 AUD are collected by Australian customs, and shipments equal to or less than 1,000 AUD are collected by MyUS. GST is collected by Australian customs on individual merchant shipments over 1,000 AUD. GST costs will display on your ship request if applicable. For example, if you send a consolidated package with MyUS that contains items priced at $200 from Business A and $1,200 from Store B, MyUS will collect the GST for Store A, and Australian customs would collect the GST for Store B. GST is valued and levied for each individual store. More information may be found here. It is possible that this FAQ will be updated from time to time. Please revisit this page for the most up-to-date information about GST. Yes. We are able to export Dangerous Goods, however our couriers are subject to various regulations that may influence how we deliver these things to you: DHL is capable of transporting Dangerous Goods to and from any location in Australia. The sole exception is that DHL may only import packages that comprise products from a single seller/single purchaser
- FedEx can transport Dangerous Goods to certain postal codes in Australia
- UPS and USPS are unable to transport Dangerous Goods to Australia.
- The MyUS packing team may split Dangerous Goods into separate packages for delivery by DHL if you submit a shipping request for a package containing Dangerous Goods in order to comply with courier limits and avoid delays. Dangerous goods require particular treatment, and we can only transport a limited number of certain commodities in a single cargo due to the nature of the goods. It may be required to break Dangerous Goods shipments into numerous shipments under certain circumstances. Courier limits vary on a regular basis. Please get in touch with us if you have any issues regarding a specific item or shipping. It may be essential to change your shipping preferences in order to comply with Australian import regulations in some situations. The following are examples of situations in which you may need to make changes to your shipping preferences: DHL Sending and receiving packages: DHL may receive and deliver packages that contain orders from a single vendor or one purchaser. In order to minimize delays, we must transport packages that do not satisfy this standard through FedEx.
- FedEx is only able to dispatch packages containing Dangerous Goods to specific postal codes, which are listed below. The United States Postal Service is unable to carry Dangerous Goods. The MyUS Packaging Team will divide the Dangerous Goods and ship them separately via DHL Express if you request shipping of Dangerous Goods through one of these courier service providers. In certain cases, this may necessitate sending out two shipments on the same day, one with your preferred carrier and one or more shipments via DHL.
- More information on the carrier requirements for cargo headed for Australia may be found here. Other circumstances may need a change in your shipping selections in order to comply with applicable import and export restrictions. Please get in touch with us if you have any issues regarding a specific item or shipping. Australian cities served by MyUS include: Melbourne
- Perth and Brisbane as well as the Gold Coast, Hobart and Adelaide as well as Cairns, Geelong, Logan City, Wollongong, Townsville and Darwin
- and all other cities in the country.
- From 1 July 2018, Australian goods and services tax (GST) will be applied to shipments that have a total value of 1,000 Australian dollars (AUD) or less that are being imported into the country. However, companies importing goods and services from around the world are now required to collect GST directly from Australian consumers. While most goods and services you purchase locally in Australia are automatically subject to GST, some businesses are now required to collect GST directly from Australian consumers. MyUS service fees and shipping expenses are deducted from the total value of the things you ship from a merchant. GST is computed based on this total value. Historically, GST has been collected by Australian customs on goods and services imported from the United States that are valued at more than $1,000 AUD. However, as of July 1, 2018, if the total value of the goods and services is less than $1,000 AUD, you will be required to pay GST as well, and we will be collecting that tax. GST is calculated and levied on a per-merchant basis. So, for example, if you use MyUS to send a consolidated package containing a $200 item from Merchant A and a $1,200 item from Merchant B, you will still be charged GST for the $200 item from Merchant A. Learn more about the Goods and Services Tax (GST) here. DUTIES: If you’re delivering a cargo to Australia with a total stated value that is LESS than the ″de minimis value″ number indicated below, then duties will not be charged to you. Please be advised, however, that certain products may be subject to additional fees or taxes, depending on the applicable Australian legislation. The de minimis value for duty purposes is 1,000 AUD*
- the de minimis value for tax purposes is 0 AUD*.
- United States Postal Service De minimis Value for Duty: 1,000 AUD*
- United States Postal Service De minimis Value for Tax: 0 AUD*
- *With the exception of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, where duty and VAT are applicable. It will be stated on your MyUS ship request if any GST is applicable. It is not included in your MyUS shipping fees any other relevant Australian customs or taxes that may be applicable. It is possible that you will be charged for extra duty and taxes when your product is delivered to you in Australia. Optional Delivery with Duties Paid: In the case of qualified shipments, MyUS provides the opportunity to ship packages with Delivery Duties Paid (DDP). This means that you may pay any relevant duties directly to MyUS when you submit a ship request, rather than having to pay them in your nation after the goods have been delivered to your doorstep. When you choose this option in your online account or shipment request, you will be able to pay for all tariffs and shipping expenses in a single payment, eliminating the need to make several payments. This simplifies the delivery procedure, allowing you to settle all of your charges with a single payment, and MyUS assures that the money you pay will be received. Australia has its own set of import and customs regulations, and some commodities are either limited or prohibited from entering the nation. Chewing tobacco and snuff
- Cigarette lighters
- Knives and daggers
- Live animals, including birds, fish, and birds eggs
- Banderols/tax stickers
- Working or replica firearms, ammunition, and explosives
- Weapons of any kind
- Toy guns
- Pepper spray
- tear gas
- Body armor
- Electric shock devices (e.g., tasers)
- Handheld insect zappers
- and other items prohibited by Australian law.
- Cremated remains, including ashes
- perishable goods – any things that need to be refrigerated
- all meat products
- protrusion dog collars
- pharmaceutical medications
- Counterfeit products (for example, designer handbags that are not authentic)
- Fresh fruit, unpopped popcorn, filament light globes, incandescent bulbs, and erasers that resemble or smell like food goods are all prohibited.
- Milk (with the exception of New Zealand)
- Products originating in Iran
- For FedEx, DHL, UPS, and USPS carriers, tobacco items (including E-cigarettes and vaping devices) are available for shipment.
- Cremated remains, including ashes
- perishable goods – any things that need to be refrigerated
- all meat products
- protrusion dog collars
- pharmaceutical medications
- Goods that are not authentic (for example, counterfeit designer handbags)
- Fresh fruit, unpopped popcorn, filament light globes, incandescent lamps, erasers that appear or smell like food goods, to name a few examples.
- Dairy products (with the exception of New Zealand dairy products)
- Iran-made products
- Iranian-made products
- For FedEx, DHL, UPS, and USPS couriers, tobacco items (including E-cigarettes and vaping devices) are available for delivery.
- The cost of shipping straight from more than one business is high due to the fact that you must pay several international shipping expenses.
- When you use MyUS to combine numerous goods into one, you may save up to 80% on shipping costs!
- The majority of US retailers do not provide the lowest or quickest overseas shipping options.
- MyUS provides the most competitive pricing in the business, as well as speedy shipping alternatives.
- A 2 pound backpack purchased straight from Nordstrom will cost you $45.74 in shipping and will arrive in 6-11 days at the most cost effective shipping rate.
- Using MyUS, the lowest shipping charge is $16.99, and it takes 5-10 days for your package to be delivered.
- If you’re shipping to Australia, DHL Express is the most cost-effective option because it takes only 1-4 days to reach at your doorstep once it leaves our warehouse.
- Delivery timeframes may vary depending on your unique region, weather conditions, political influences, and the Customs Office in your area.
- You may find information on concerns that may influence transportation delays or need the submission of additional information when shipping to Saudi Arabia in our frequently asked questions.
- Express shipping is available through DHL, UPS, and FedEx Express.
- FedEx Economy or the United States Postal Service are the most cost-effective options for economy shipping.
- FedEx Freight is used for freight shipment.
Ready to Shop & Ship?
Your MyUS address may be obtained quickly by just joining the service. Become a member
The Complete Guide to All Shipping Costs to Australia From the UK – Get a Good Quote or Estimate When Moving to Australia
- Every year, hundreds of British families relocate from the United Kingdom to begin a new life in Australia, and a large number of Australians return home following their European travels.
- We are all interested in knowing how much it will cost to transport our stuff, regardless of whether it is a few of boxes or a whole home.
- Despite the fact that migration has been significantly limited as a result of the coronavirus epidemic, there are still a huge number of Australians returning home who require shipping services.
- While the global shortage of shipping containers has put upward pressure on shipping prices, other costs have remained relatively unchanged, while charges to customers have risen significantly.
- This guide will provide an estimate of the cost of shipping a container or half container to Australia, as well as a breakdown of any additional expenses that may be incurred that are not included in your primary quotation.
- Because of the large number of people who transport personal belongings to Australia, the cost may be less expensive than you expect.
- Unless otherwise stated, the extra fees and limitations described below are industry standard and typical of any shipping firm you choose, not only PSS International Removals, to hire.
- It is critical that you address them with your Account Manager so that you have a clear understanding of which ones pertain to your particular shipment.
- Precaution should be exercised while comparing shipping rates to Australia.
- Update for the year 2022 The shipping business is confronted with a number of issues, including rising prices and greater delays.
- The charges listed in this article are just intended to serve as a guideline and are subject to change at any time.
- As a result, we propose that you utilize one of our free online cost calculators to obtain a more exact estimate.
To Costs of Removals and Container Shipping, click here.Jump to the section on Shipping Boxes and Baggage Costs.Schedule a Home Inspection
Household Container Shipping Rates to Australia From the UK
The rates given below are based on the contents of a typical UK home and include delivery within 30 miles of all main ports of entrance in Australia, from Perth in the west to Sydney in the south and Brisbane on the east coast, as well as all major ports of entry in the United States.
International Removals Costs and Prices to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth & Brisbane) updated for 2022
Removal / Move Type
|Student Move||£850 – £925|
|Studio Flat||£990 – £1140|
|1 Bed House/Flat||£1600 – £1925|
|2 Bed House/Flat||£2800 – £3500|
|3 Bed House/Flat||£4800 – £6800|
|4+ Bed House + car||£7500 – £10500|
- NB: The shipping prices and rates shown above are estimates of the removal/shipment charges to Australia in 2022.
- They are not guaranteed.
- Please contact PSS for an estimate if you want more precise pricing information.
- The cost of transporting containers to Australia from port to port may be found on a number of websites.
- For non-commercial users, this might lead to a considerable underestimation of the true expenses.
- The costs stated below are for a full door-to-door removals service, which is intended for those who are transporting their personal belongings across the country.
Cost of Sending Boxes / Excess Baggage to Australia From the UK
- Baggage and box shipping services, such as Excess Baggage and Box Transporting, are perfect for shipping smaller amounts of commodities or bags.
- Large things like as furniture will necessitate the use of a moving company.
- Self-packing is included in the costs shown below, while professional packing services are also available.
- As the amount of volume sent grows, the cost per box decreases proportionally.
Sea Freight Shipping Prices 2022 (Updated) – From UK to Australia
Cost of shipping boxes/baggage to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth & Brisbane)
Quantity(Boxes / Bags)
|2-3 Large Boxes||£130 – £150|
|5 Large Boxes||£250 – £300|
|10 Large Boxes||£380 – £480|
- These fees vary based on where in Australia you are shipping to and how much weight you are mailing.
- It is obvious that shipping to major ports is less expensive than shipping to rural places.
- It is assumed that each box will be based on standard shipping economy cartons, which will have dimensions of 46 x 46 x 46 cm (3.4 cubic feet) and weigh no more than 30 kg.
- Bags or suitcases can potentially weigh up to 30 kg each, depending on their size.
- For a more accurate quotation on shipping boxes to Australia, please use our online quote calculator.
- You may also find our advice about sending extra luggage to Australia to be of use..
Australia Major Container Terminals and Ports
The following are a few of the most important container shipping ports in the country. Your delivery costs may rise if your final destination is more than 30 miles away from the port of departure. The cost of shipping might vary depending on where you are shipping from — Darwin and Hobart will be more expensive than other big locations.
New South Wales
- Port Botany, Sydney (AUBTB)
- Melbourne (AUMEL)
- Brisbane (AUBNE)
- Cairns (AUCNE)
- Darwin (AUDRW)
- Fremantle (Perth) (AUFRE)
- Port Adelaide (AUADL)
- Burnie (AUBWT)
- Hobart (AUHBA)
Costs for Shipping Personal Effects and Household Goods
Among the many types of household goods and personal effects are anything from furniture and clothing to bicycles, golf clubs, and other used personal objects that have been accumulated through time. Depending on whether the item is new or commercial, additional criteria, tariffs, and expenses may be applicable.
Getting an Accurate Shipping Quote or Estimate to Australia
- It will be necessary to calculate your shipping charges based on the volume (in cubic feet) of the items you send.
- As a result, it is critical that you obtain an accurate price based on the items you want to deliver.
- The most accurate way to accomplish this is to have an estimator come to your home, however some shipping businesses, such as PSS, also provide video surveys via a mobile app or online calculators where you may list the items you intend to ship.
- Check that everything you need to ship is in order.
- Don’t forget about hidden cupboards, attics, sheds, garages, and anything else that may be stored in a different location — it all adds up with time!
Adding Additional Items:
If you opt to bring along extra products, the total sum you’ll have to pay will almost certainly climb. As a result, if you lower your order volume, your shipment estimate will most likely drop as well. Packing extra-large products or huge quantities of small or delicate things will take more time and materials, which may result in an increase in the total amount of items transported.
What’s Included in the Price for International Removals?
- Unless otherwise specified, the pricing estimates provided below are for a comprehensive international removals service to Australia. This service is intended for customers who are relocating overseas or exporting personal belongings, and it is far more extensive than hiring a freight forwarder or shipping from port to port. The provision of door-to-door service (covering both pickup and delivery).
- Professional export packaging materials and containers that meet international standards
- Employing trusted and regulated shipping lines such as Ocean Network Express (ONE), Maersk, Hapag Lloyd, and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)
- Providing guidance and support with the completion of forms and other paperwork
- Customs inventory — identification of all shipments by number and listing
- Port/Terminal handling fees in the United Kingdom and at the destination.
- Transportation of goods by ocean to the destination port of the arriving vessel
- customs clearance
- transport of the container and unloading
- Some storage space may be provided in the United Kingdom or the destination country.
- Delivery and unpacking of household effects to and from the property, as well as the removal of packing materials (assumes excellent access and is not on or above the first level)
Cost of Car and Vehicle Shipping to Australia
- There are two major methods for exporting automobiles to Australia: either in a shipping container or through the use of a RORO (Roll-On-Roll-Off) service (see below).
- In the event that you are exporting additional home items, it is worth investigating whether you may save money by sending them all in the same shipping container.
- Automobiles, bicycles, motorhomes, caravans, motorcycles, and boats may all be exported to Australia from the United States.
- Some automobiles or vehicles, particularly motor homes and caravans, may be too large and tall to fit in a shipping container and will need to be delivered RORO (roll on, roll off).
- All automobile imports entering Australia are subject to Customs Duty and/or GST.
- It is 5 percent of the FOB value and 15 percent of the VOTI value (customs value plus duty and overseas freight and insurance).
- A Luxury Car Tax (LCT) of 33 percent may also be levied on more costly automobiles as an additional tax.
- Motorcycles are free from Customs Duty, although they are subject to a 10 percent Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Click here to view our auto shipping website or call our experts on 020 8686 7733 for a price and detailed information on the expenses of shipping and importing vehicles into Australia.
Cost of Air Freight To Australia
If you need to transport products immediately, you may use air freight express delivery to expedite the process. Costs are greater and are based on both weight and volume of the shipment. Additionally, there are additional constraints on what may be sent through air. For additional information and to obtain an estimate, please see our air freight to Australia page.
Why Australia Shipping Estimates Vary
- The shipping quotation you receive is an estimate, and the final invoice you receive may differ from the estimate for a variety of reasons. This is true of all shipping firms because a great deal can change between the time you receive your price and the actual moving or shipment day. Final shipping costs may vary due to a variety of factors, including: exchange rate fluctuations
- the addition of additional items that were not included in the original quotation
- increases in port/shipping fees and other charges that occur between the time you receive your estimate and the time you depart
- and other factors.
- There are a variety of fees and charges for various ports and shipping companies.
- Seasonal changes (depending on the time of year)
Getting a Discount On Your Shipping to Australia.
- Being flexible with your moving date or arranging your relocation ahead of time will help you obtain a better deal on your shipping and moving fees.
- Peak season shipping rates are likely to be higher, and shipping firms may provide discounts and promotions to encourage customers to fill containers during slower seasons.
- Because of the availability of quantity discounts, it may be more cost effective for you to export more of your goods rather to purchasing everything fresh in Australia, where it may be more expensive to replace.
- As a result, not shipping commodities such as white goods, tools, and furniture might be considered a false economy.
What’s Not Included In Your Quote – Additional Charges and Fees
- It is the shipper’s obligation to pay a variety of extra costs and fees, which are not included in typical quotations. Depending on your destination, you may be required to pay additional fees and charges on your own. Customs taxes, customs, quarantine fees, and other expenses due to government agencies (see below)
- wooden boxes and antique wrapping for fragile antiques, if necessary
- and transportation to and from the airport.
- For difficult access, such as above the first level or a shuttle service is required to move your items from your home to the container, additional fees may apply
- Additionally, shipping protection cover/maritime insurance
- parking permits, charges, or associated fees for suspension or dispensation in order to facilitate removal in the United Kingdom or delivery at the destination
- additional storage time in the United Kingdom or at the destination before delivery
Customs Duties, Taxes and Other Fees
- Tariffs, customs charges, and import taxes are the responsibility of the individual shipping and must be paid separately to Australia Customs, however a local shipping agency at your destination port may be able to assist you with this process.
- Fortunately, Australian citizens and permanent residents who have been gone for more than 12 months will not be required to pay Customs Duties and GST on Household Effects when they return to Australia.
- Your shipping firm will need to verify that you satisfy the requirements before shipping you.
- However, there may be additional customs-related penalties and duties that you are required to pay.
- Antiques are exempt from Customs Duty, although they are subject to a 10 percent Goods and Services Tax.
- Customs laws and tariffs are subject to change, so be sure you have the most up-to-date information before proceeding.
- It is possible to download a FIDI Guide to Australian Customs from this page.
- If you do not fulfill the requirements for Household Effects or if your products are designated commercial imports, you may be subject to Customs Duty and Goods and Services Tax.
- These costs are frequently handled on your behalf by the shipping company’s agent in Australia, and you will be required to refund them before your package can be delivered to its destination in Australia.
- More information may be found on the Australian Government’s website here.
Australian Quarantine Costs and Fees
- Everyone must pay an inspection fee depending on the volume (or kind of container for full loads) of goods they bring into the country, although there may be extra charges if quarantine has to conduct further inspections, treatments, or disposal, among other things. If you have done your homework and sought guidance on what you may and cannot import into Australia, you should be able to keep these fees to a minimum. However, there are some fees that you should be aware of before proceeding. Additional costs may be charged by Australia’s Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR), Biosecurity, and your products will not be released until these fees have been paid in full. These expenses may include: further inspection fees
- documentation charges
- treatments such as steam cleaning, fumigation, and gamma irradiation
- destruction, transportation, re-shipment, or other disposal of items
- storage and quarantine of commodities
- and other fees as determined by the court.
- More information may be found here.
Because these customs and quarantine fees are unpredictably high, they are not included in your delivery estimate. It is possible to lessen your chances of being charged by making certain that you do not ship any prohibited or restricted materials and that all of your goods are properly cleaned and prepped before shipment. More information can be obtained from your shipping provider.
Why The Cheapest Shipping to Australia May Not Be So Cheap
Aside from the fact that many individuals are astonished by the low cost of moving home in Australia compared to moving house inside the United Kingdom, others wonder: why is it so cheap?
“Why is it so expensive to ship to Australia?”
- Hopefully, this post has provided a clearer explanation of the fees and expenses associated with shipping to Australia.
- You may be able to obtain some low-cost shipping estimates, but beware: bids that appear to be significantly less expensive than others frequently do not give a high-quality comprehensive service.
- Most reliable shipping and foreign removal businesses will provide estimates and charges that are similar to one another.
- Cheap shipping rates may appear to be an enticing option on the surface, but they sometimes include hidden fees or shortcuts that put your things at danger.
Reasons For Cheap Shipping Quotes For Australia Can Include:
- When creating the initial quotation, an incorrect volume calculation was made.
- Your low-cost quotation does not include a full removals service, which would include packing, customs clearance, delivery, and so on.
- It is possible that the shipping firm is employing unaccredited shipping lines in order to save money, but there is a greater chance that something may go wrong.
- Poor quality packaging materials or improperly wrapped items are not acceptable in our opinion
- Instead of door-to-door delivery, port-to-port delivery is preferred.
- Some charges and fees have been tacked on as an additional to make the headline quote appear more affordable
- The removal/shipping firm is not regulated by the BAR or the FIDI.
- Because it does not include customs clearance and processing, the quote is less expensive.
- Agents who are not regulated or who are not dependable at the destination
More information may be found in our post on low-cost shipping to Australia, or you can contact us for assistance in obtaining the best deal.
Shipment Protection and Maritime Insurance
How Much Does Shipment Protection or Insurance Cost to Australia?
- The Advance Payment Guarantee system protects shipping businesses such as PSS, who are members of the British American Shipping Association (BAR).
- If your removal company is unable to finish your move, you will be reimbursed for your deposit and the cost of the removal.
- However, you should also consider moving insurance to safeguard your personal goods.
- The cost of shipment protection and insurance varies from business to company and is dependent on whether the shipment is self-packed or packaged by the shipping/removals firm.
- Because it is not packed by experienced packers, the cost of self-packing tends to be greater.
- Expect to get somewhere between 3 percent and 7 percent of the overall worth of your items.
- (Some removals firms will enable you to specify which things you want covered, which may save you a large amount of money on your insurance premiums.) Choosing which items to insure can save you a lot of money.
Get a Quote For Shipping To Australia From the UK
- When it comes to relocating to Australia, PSS International Removals would be more than delighted to assist you.
- Over the course of 39 years, we have assisted hundreds of individuals and families with their relocation or shipment of items to Australia.
- You will find that PSS can provide you the greatest costs on shipping for household removals, boxes of personal belongings, and even automobiles, regardless of whether you are a first-time immigrant or an Australian returning home.
- Australia is one of the most popular shipping destinations for our company.
- Because of our years of expertise and the large amount of shipments we make, we are able to provide our customers with the greatest service at the most competitive costs.
- Call the PSS team on 020 8686 7733 if you would like an estimate or price.
- For further information or to obtain an online quote, please contact: House Removals From the United Kingdom to Australia Exporting Shipping Boxes and Excess Luggage to Australia Transporting a Car or a Vehicle to Australia Get an Estimate for House Removals in Australia.
- To obtain a quote for shipping boxes or excess baggage to Australia, please fill out the form below.
Container Ship In Sydney Harbour, Australia
Ariel View of Shipping, Fremantle Port, Western Australia
The Port of Melbourne is the source of the header image.
The Cheapest Way to Ship to Australia
- Sending through sea freight takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the state in the United States you are shipping from. Important considerations:
- The overall shipping cost to Australia is influenced by several factors, including package weight, package dimensions, and delivery speed.
- It costs $60.06 to ship a 5-pound item from the United States to Australia with APC Parcel Connect Expedited.
- Among the economies of the Asia-Pacific region, the expansion of Australia’s eCommerce market has been the most notable and promising.
- Almost seventy percent of Australians now participate in eCommerce and purchase goods and services online.
- According to estimates, Australia’s eCommerce sales projection for 2018 would be $18.6 billion, with the figure predicted to rise to $21.5 billion in 2019.
- Because of all of this, Australia is an excellent target market for eCommerce businesses.
- Before you begin your marketing strategy in Australia, it is important to keep the following points in mind.
- In this post, we’ll go over the fundamentals of shipping to Australia, including how to locate the most affordable shipping to Australia from the United States, and how integrating with Easyship may help you expedite your shipment and save money when sending to the land down under.
Table of Contents
- 01 How long does it take to ship a package from the United States to Australia?
- 02 How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Package to an Australian Address?
- 03 What is the most cost-effective method of shipping to Australia from the United States?
- 04 What is the most cost-effective method of shipping to Australia from Singapore?
- 05 What is the most cost-effective method of shipping to Australia from Hong Kong?
- 06 Do FedEx, UPS, and the United States Postal Service ship to Australia?
- Before shipping to Australia, there are a few things to consider.
- 08 Ways in Which Easyship Can Assist
How Long Does It Take to Ship to Australia?
- No one can argue with the fact that Australia is a very isolated continent.
- In most cases, it takes around 5-10 working days for a package to arrive in Australia from the United States by air freight.
- Sending your shipment via sea freight will take around 2-3 weeks, depending on the state you are shipping from in the United States.
- Shipments from China, the United Kingdom, and other European nations can take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive by sea freight; shipments sent by air can arrive in as little as 5 working days on average.
- Visit our shipping rates calculator for additional information on estimating delivery times to Australia depending on your location and other factors.
How Much Does It Cost to Ship to Australia?
- Shipping to Australia might be prohibitively expensive due to the country’s distant location. Although this will always be reliant on a few critical parameters that have an influence on practically all shipments, it is not impossible. Delivery weight: The greater the weight of your package, the higher the cost of shipping will be. You’ll want to weigh the expense of shipping against the urgency with which your consumer wants the goods delivered.
- Dimensions of the package: The weight of your package’s dimensions might increase the cost of transportation. It is possible that additional costs will be charged to the overall price of packages with odd forms or dimensions, as well. Trying to comply with standard box sizes can help you keep your costs down the most.
- Delivery time: Expedited delivery will be more expensive, sometimes significantly more expensive. It’s usually a good idea to provide this to your consumers in conjunction with more affordable delivery alternatives.
- Because of the higher cost of shipping, it is critical to thoroughly consider all of your delivery choices.
- For starters, according to studies, shoppers do not appreciate being shocked by unexpected charges at the checkout counter.
- It might be beneficial to use a dynamic checkout that displays all applicable taxes, levies, and extra handling costs up front.
- You may also think about raising the price of your items to cover your shipping expenses, all