The price of a USPS PO box depends on the box’s location, size, and payment period as of 2022. The price range for the smallest PO box is between $13-$44 for a three-month pay period and $21-$75 for six months, and the largest box’s price ranges are $64-$360 for three months and $109-$625 for six months.
Get a new PO Box at a Post Office facility for as low as $4 per month, depending on your location. Reserve a box with your existing or new USPS.com account. The address or ZIP Code ™ you entered is invalid. Be sure to enter a street, city, and state or a 5 digit US ZIP Code ™.
How much does a Post Office PO Box cost?
“PO Box” (CC BY-SA 2.0) by Martin Cathrae. On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. Does the UPS Store sell boxes? The UPS store will sell you a box, pack it for you and ship it.
How much does it cost to rent a post office?
USPS controls 49 Post offices nationwide. USPS charges a consistent price ranging from 88$ and 513$ for XL; this price is for a duration of 6 months. The competition offered in a geographical location is a key factor in deciding how much does it cost to rent a post office box.
How much is a PO Box?
USPS PO Box rental prices vary according to the location of the post office and the size of the postal box. Therefore, it isn’t useful to discuss average PO Box cost. You could spend as little as $20 for a 3-month rental of the smallest box at an inexpensive location or as much as $360 for the largest box at an expensive location.
How Much Does A PO Box Cost?
- We at Bankrate are dedicated to assisting you in making more informed financial decisions. Despite the fact that we adhere to stringent guidelines, this post may include references to items offered by our partners. Here’s what you need to know about In addition to making it simpler to keep consistent service when moving around, renting a post office box, commonly known as a P.O. box, is a practical method to increase the dependability and security of your mail. The cost of renting a post office box is determined by three factors: The length of time it will be rented
- the size of the box
- the location of the box
- and other factors.
In certain regions, renting a small post office box for six months can be as little as $19, while in others, the cost can be as high as $75. On the United States Postal Service website, you may get a detailed summary of the costs in each region.
Length of rental time
PO boxes are available for rent for durations of six or twelve months at a time.It is more expensive to renew for shorter rental terms on a consistent basis.If you anticipate using the post office box for at least one year, it is more cost-effective to apply for a yearly rental from the beginning.
If you want to have the costs paid to your credit card on a recurring basis, your rental will continue to renew.Make use of a rewards credit card to earn points while you are out collecting your mail.
There are five different sizes of post office boxes available, although not all of them are available in every location. Smaller boxes are less costly than larger ones.
|Extra small||5″ x 5 1/2″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (or) 2 rolled magazines|
|Small||5 1/2″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (or) 5 rolled magazines|
|Medium||5 1/2″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||Stack large envelopes flat|
|Large||11″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (and) 2 shoe boxes stacked flat|
|Extra large||12″ x 22 1/2″ x 14 3/4″||Flat-rate boxes and parcels|
Pricing for P.O. boxes can alter on a yearly basis in areas where the postal service has a sufficient amount of market power to determine prices without competition. Similarly priced items are offered by private-sector enterprises in various marketplaces, which can help keep costs low.
The United States Postal Service charges a $3 deposit for the first two keys and a $6 price for each subsequent key. In addition, lock replacement and late payment costs of $20 are charged at the post office.
Applying for a P.O. box
You may apply for a PO box in one of two ways: online or in person at your local post office. To enter the country, you’ll need two pieces of acceptable identification, at least one of which must have your image. One of your IDs must include your physical address.
Advantage of renting a P.O. box
- Renting a post office box has a number of advantages. Security: The box is placed within the post office and may only be accessed by using a key or a combination code that has been provided. In addition, a P.O. box conceals your true address, allowing you to retain your privacy.
- Fast delivery: Because the boxes are kept at the post office, you will typically receive your mail more faster
- however, this is not always the case.
- Continuity: If you are always on the road or traveling, a P.O. box is an excellent method to ensure that you continue to get your mail. In addition, there is no possibility of your mail being delivered to a prior address by accident, which decreases the danger of identity theft.
A post office box (P.O.box) is an useful method to keep track of when and how your mail is delivered.When you want to keep your address hidden, or if you operate a home company that gets mail that you want to keep separate from your personal mail, this is a particularly handy feature.
The cost of a box rental varies depending on where you live, but it may be as little as $9 for a small box for three months and as much as $625 for an extra-large box for six months depending on your location.
PO Boxes & Private Bags
1 Collections may take place across a variety of time intervals.For most collections, the standard term is 30 days.2 Please double-check the access hours for your specific PO Box location, as they sometimes vary.
3 Fees and costs may apply to parcels delivered to PO Box services by carriers other than Australia Post and StarTrack.Please consult your carrier for details.Carriers may elect to pass on these costs to their customers.4 This service cannot be utilized for third-party products that need picture identification and/or personal signature of the recipient, or for things that are delivered outside of regular Post Office business hours.There are restrictions on both size and weight.a maximum of 50 third-party articles per PO Box billing year is permitted Once the specified allowance of 50 third-party articles has been met, an extra price of $3 will be charged for each subsequent third-party item received within the PO Box billing year.
- 5 PO Box Plus is only accessible at Post Offices that participate in the program.
- The PO Box Plus service is intended just for personal, non-commercial use.
- 6 It costs $24 a year for PO Box Plus, which is pro-rated and invoiced at a rate of $2 per month depending on when you join up for the service.
- 7 Pricing for high-demand CBD sites or PO Box locations that are hard to come by.
- Australia Post has established that this policy applies to PO Box services in Canberra, Hobart and Darwin GPOs, as well as specific Post Offices around the country.
People who live on houseboats, watercraft, or on private roads, such as those in a caravan park, gated community, retirement village, or defence force barracks, are not included in this definition.The service is only accessible to clients whose residential or business address does not get delivery from Australia Post, and each non-delivery address is eligible for one reduced cost PO Box or lockable bag at the local Post Office.(Please keep in mind that evaluation may take up to seven days.) Depending on the conditions of the delivery, customers may be charged the entire fee.9 Mail redirection from your street address to your new PO Box is provided free of charge for new leases for a period of six months (not from one PO Box to another PO Box).When you go to pick up your new PO Box keys, be sure to have your mail redirection program with you.10 The delivery of packages through red doors is subject to size and availability limits.
UPS PO Box Rental Cost – in 2022
There are other venues, such as UPS, where you may rent a post office box and pay for it on a monthly basis, in addition to the regional post office.It is possible that a UPS mailbox is just what you are looking for if you want to have all of your mail and parcels transported to an address that is identical to your own but is located someplace other than your home.A large number of individuals are interested in renting a UPS.
For example, if they run a business out of their home, they could rent a post office box.It is through this method that all of their clients and business partners will have access to the postal address while remaining completely anonymous as to the actual, personal address.Similar to renting a post office box from your local post office, the costs will vary depending on the size of the box, the amount of time you are renting it for, and the geographic location.
Just how much does UPS store P.O. box rental cost?
The cost of a UPS mailbox rental will be largely determined by your geographic location as well as the size of the mailbox you choose.Generally speaking, the longer you commit to using a mailbox, the more money you will be able to save.For example, a small mailbox for one year might cost between $125 and $150, and a large mailbox for one year can cost between $250 and $300.
By the end of the month, you should be prepared to spend anything from $10 to as much as $30 every month to rent a UPS mailbox.You may see the averages we were able to locate in our table below; however, you should be aware that this is only an estimate, or a list of prices that have previously been posted, and that your actual costs may differ from these.
|Size of Mailbox||Duration||Price|
Members of the Amazon Seller Central forum discussed how much they had really spent for a UPS Store PO Box in one particular discussion.According to the original poster, a small box may cost as much as $240 per year, while a larger unit could cost as much as $420 per year at a nearby UPS Store.A number of people who responded to the discussion indicated that they had really paid up to $540 a year to have a huge box.
You might also be interested in our post on the cost of constructing a brick mailbox.
UPS store P.O. box rental details
When it comes to term lengths, UPS will normally supply the following sizes: small, medium, and big for the following term lengths: 3, 6, or 12-months.Individual and commercial mailboxes are available through UPS.Corporate-class mailboxes, which are more expensive, may receive both personal and business correspondence.
A personal box, on the other hand, will not be able to receive business mail; any such mail will be returned to the sender as a result.The UPS post office box will offer you with a legitimate address that will allow you to receive mail and package shipments at any time of day or night.The most valuable service given by a UPS mailbox is the provision of a physical street address rather than a post office box number.This will give a firm a more professional appearance.UPS has the flexibility to receive packages from virtually any supplier, including third-party companies.When mail is received in your name, depending on the service you have registered for, they can send you a text message to notify you that the mail has arrived.
- Additionally, you may call into their system to discover whether there is any mail in your mailbox at the time of your phone call.
What are the additional expenses?
Additional premium services may include faxing, mail forwarding, and text notifications when mail or a shipment is really received.It goes without saying that you will need to renew your mailbox membership on an annual basis.It is possible that a non-refundable fee of $10 to $15 will be charged for the mailbox key.
If you send a large amount of mail, you may be charged an extra fee to process it.In the event that you sign a contract for any length of time and then decide to terminate your contract early, you will be charged a penalty fee.
Tips to keep in mind
Make certain that you are aware of the prerequisites for obtaining a UPS mailbox before proceeding.At the absolute least, you will require two pieces of identification; however, there may be additional requirements.If you are considering of acquiring a P.O.
box at your local post office, keep in mind that you will only receive a P.O.box number and not a real address when you do so.In the event that you want to use this mailbox to receive actual mail, be in mind that certain organizations will not send mail to this type of mailbox.However, this is not the sole distinction between the two.You will have access to your box at the post office 24 hours a day, seven days a week.At UPS, you will have access to your mailbox only during business hours, and not outside of them.
- These business hours may range from one location to another, and it may or may not be open on weekends depending on the location.
- Any shipment that you mail will be signed for and held by UPS until you pick it up.
- It has been decided that parcels from rival firms will be refused by the Postal Service.
- While you are at the UPS store picking up your mail and packages, you may take use of other services such as faxing, copying, and so on.
- Generally speaking, the post office does not provide these services.
On TheUPSStoreLocal.com, you may enter your postal code to find out where the nearest UPS shop is located.
How can you save some money?
If you are not concerned with the appearance of your address, you should consider comparing the rates to those charged by your local post office or another third-party mailbox retailer to see what they charge.In most cases, if you do not have a problem with the P.O.box address, it will be a less expensive route to take the vast majority of time.
If you live in an area where there are many UPS stores, make sure you call each of them individually.As a general rule, you will discover that the prices charged by each retailer will vary.The longer you stay in your rental, the more money you will save.If you anticipate that you will use the box for a period of more than a year, it is most likely preferable to budget for a year’s worth of service in advance.
OPINION: Flynn’s post office box holds more than his mail
Consider comparing the costs to your local post office or another third-party mailbox retailer to see what they charge if you aren’t concerned with how your address will seem to others.In most cases, if you do not have an issue with the P.O.box address, it will be a less expensive route to take most of the time.
Check with all of the UPS stores in your area if there are more than one in your town or city.You will discover that the typical charges charged by each shop will vary…..The longer you stay in your rental, the more money you’ll be able to save each month.If you anticipate that you will require the box for a period of more than a year, it may be wise to budget for a year’s worth of service up front.
Let Us Help Manage Your Mail and Package Receiving
With our customised mailbox services, you will receive package acceptance from all carriers, a genuine street address, and email or text notification* when an item is delivered. In addition, we’ll store your shipments safe until you’re ready to pick them up at our facility.
Here’s what you get:
- A street address, not a post office box number, is required. Provide for the delivery of your mail and goods to your unique mailbox at The UPS Store.
- *Access is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week Take care of your mail whenever it is most convenient for you. The contents of your mail and parcels remain safe and secret
- Package acceptance by all shipping companies is guaranteed. We accept shipments from all shipping companies, ensuring that you never miss a delivery.
- Notification of package and postal delivery We can notify you through text or email when your mail and goods arrive in your mailbox.*
- **Mail holding and forwarding services are available. We’ll store your packages in a safe place for you to pick up whenever it’s convenient for you, or we can have them delivered to you wherever you are.
- MailCheck may be ordered over the phone. Save your time. Save yourself the trouble of making a trip. Inquire with us to see whether you have mail
- The UPS Store’s Certified Packing Experts® are here to help you ship with confidence. Access to our knowledgeable personnel that can assist you in identifying the most appropriate packing and shipping options
Not a post office box number but rather an actual street address is required.Provide for the delivery of your mail and parcels to your private mailbox at The UPS Store;
Availability at any time of day or night* When it’s convenient for you, go pick up your mail.The contents of your mail and parcels remain safe and secure;
Shipping carriers across the board accept packages.
There will never be a delivery missed because we accept deliveries from all carriers.Recipient notification of packages and mail We can notify you through text or email when your mail and goods arrive in your mailbox.*
keeping and forwarding of incoming mail If you prefer, we may store your shipments in a safe place for you to pick up at your convenience, or we can have them delivered to your home or office.MailCheck may be ordered over the phone (toll-free).Reduce the amount of time you spend on the phone This will save you time and money on your journey.For further information, please contact us.
- Certified Packing Experts® at The UPS Store You will have access to our knowledgeable team who will assist you in finding the most appropriate packing and shipping options.
Mailboxes Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a mailbox at The UPS Store and a PO Box at the post office?
When you rent a mailbox from The UPS Store, you will receive a genuine street address rather than a P.O.Box number.If you’re a company owner, using a genuine street address as your mailbox might help you project a more professional image to customers and potential customers.
Many extra services that the post office does not provide, such as package acceptance from all carriers, package notification, and Call-in MailCheck®, are available at The UPS Store to help you save time and money.
What does my mailing address look like?
Your postal address will be the address of The UPS Store location, with the letters PMB (private mailbox) or the pound symbol () denoting your specific box as the designated designation.Rather than the words ″The UPS Store,″ your name displays first on the screen.As an illustration, Joe Smith PMB XXX or XXX 12345 It’s on a street somewhere in some city or state.
Some ZIP codes are as follows:
What mailbox sizes do you offer?
The UPS Store has a variety of mailbox sizes to choose from. To find out what’s available in your community, call or visit the location today.
How do I open a mailbox?
To learn more about how to open a mailbox in your community, contact the site nearest you. Please bring two pieces of identification that are both current and one that has a photograph on it to the interview.
What is a mailbox service agreement?
The mailbox service agreement is a contract between The UPS Store location and the principal box holder that is in effect for the period of time that you receive mail at that location. For additional information on how to get started, speak with a representative in your local store.
How much does a mailbox agreement cost?
Prices may differ from one site to the next due to the fact that each is independently owned and run. For price information, please contact your local store.
What is the minimum length of an agreement?
Because each of our sites is independently owned and controlled, the minimum duration of agreements may differ from one location to the next. For more information, contact the facility in your community.
How much mail can I receive at my mailbox?
Our sites are all independently owned and controlled, thus the duration of agreements may vary from one to the next depending on the location. For further information, contact your local branch.
What happens if I receive more mail than can fit in my mailbox?
If you anticipate that the volume of mail you receive will continue to rise, you may want to consider upgrading to a larger mailbox that is more appropriate for your requirements. For more information, contact the facility in your community.
Can I receive packages in my mailbox? From other carriers?
With your mailbox arrangement, you have the ability to receive shipments from any carrier.
Can I transfer my agreement to another The UPS Store if I relocate?
With your mailbox arrangement, you may receive shipments from any carrier.
I’m moving to a different area, can I open a mailbox before arriving at my new location?
Yes. For further information and criteria, speak with a representative at The UPS Store store in the region where you will be moving. You should make arrangements to have your mail forwarded to your new address if you are presently a mailbox client at another The UPS Store location.
Can you forward my mail if I am away?
Yes. Mail forwarding services are available from The UPS Store for those who have a mailbox. You may have your mail forwarded to you wherever you are by the staff at The UPS Store. It is possible that additional costs will apply.
Can you hold my mail if I am away?
Yes. Mailbox holders can take use of the mail-holding services provided by The UPS Store. The UPS Store can store your mail until you return from a long work trip or a peaceful vacation. Contact the UPS Store for more information. It is possible that additional costs will apply.
Can I call to check if I have mail?
Yes. Call-in MailCheck® is a service provided by The UPS Store for mailbox holders. Save your time. Save yourself the trouble of making a trip. To find out if you have mail, give us a call.
When can I pick up my mail?
If you have a mailbox, you have the freedom to pick up your mail whenever it is convenient for you to do so. Our sites keep your mail safe, and most of them are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Can other people receive mail at my mailbox?
You can include the names of those who are permitted to receive mail at your mailbox in your mailbox configuration. For the purpose of completing the necessary PS Form 1583, each receiver will be required to present two pieces of acceptable identification.
Can other people pick up my mail at my mailbox?
Yes. By giving someone the key to your mailbox, you may give them permission to pick up your mail for you. possession of the mailbox key shall be deemed to be sufficient evidence that the person in possession of the key has been properly authorized to remove any items from the mailbox.
Contact a VEC Office
- If your question was not addressed in our Frequently Asked Questions
- if your question was not answered on our Unemployment Insurance page or on our Find a Job page
- if your question was not answered on our Unemployment Insurance website
Send a message to the VEC office that is closest to you.
For Job Seekers.
Contact a VEC Office
- If your question was not addressed in our Frequently Asked Questions
- if your question was not answered on our Unemployment Insurance page or on our Find a Job page
- if your question was not answered on our Unemployment Insurance website
Contact Robert Walker, Chief, Veteran Services, at [email protected] if you have any questions or would want to learn more about Virginia’s Veteran Program and its collaborations.
Employers can get in touch with the VEC using this link.
State Monitor Advocate Contact
Send any concerns about the provision of services to employers to the following addresses:State Monitor Advocate VEC Central Office1-866-832-2363Mailing AddressP.O.Box 26441 Richmond, VA 23261-6441State Monitor Advocate VEC Central Office For TTY* users, dial 711 or 800-828-1140 to reach Virginia Relay Services.Please keep in mind that Virginia Relay allows persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, Deaf/Blind, or speech handicapped to communicate through the use of a TTY system (text telephone).
Do you like to communicate in a different language?There are translation services accessible!You can reach Lorna Battles, Language Access Coordinator, through e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 804-584-9841 for information on language translation services (VA Relay 711).Do you require an ADA Compliant Accommodation?Individuals with impairments can request auxiliary assistance and services, which are readily available!Call 804-718-5209 or send an email to Jarnice Gholson, Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator, [email protected] if you need more information about reasonable accommodations (VA Relay 711)
Contact the VEC Webmaster
Not for commercial reasons, this form should be used to report a technical problem with the VEC website, not for any other purpose.
How Much Is A PO Box At USPS In 2022? (Your Full Guide)
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the country’s main shipping providers, and it provides a wide range of options for sending and receiving mail.Using a PO box, for example, is a wonderful choice for receiving mail when you don’t want to give out your home address to others.But, how much does a post office box with the United States Postal Service cost, and how do you obtain one?
I conducted extensive study on the subject, and the following is the result of my findings: As of 2022, the price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location of the box, its size, and the length of time the box is used.While the smallest post office box costs between $13 and $44 for a three-month pay period and $21 to $75 for six months, the largest box costs between $64 to 360 for three months and $109 to $625 for six months, depending on the size of the box.When it comes to acquiring and setting up a PO box, there are a lot of moving parts to consider, so be sure to keep reading to learn more!
What Determines The Price Of A USPS PO Box?
The price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location, size, and length of time that you rent the box.Additionally, while renting a USPS PO box, it is possible to incur extra expenses.The location of the PO box, on the other hand, is one of the most important elements in deciding the price.
Location Having stated that, the post office categorizes PO box sites into two categories: ″Market-Dominant″ and ″Competitive.″ Furthermore, post office locations that are considered ″competitive″ often demand greater costs.However, these post office boxes are known to provide additional services such as extended hours of access and electronic notifications when you get a package in the mail.Size When looking at renting a USPS PO box, it is also important to examine the size of the box.For example, most post office boxes are around 15 inches deep and are normally available in five sizes: extra small, small, medium, large, and extra-large.They are also available in a variety of colors.When determining the size of the post office box to rent, it is important to examine the sorts of mail you expect to receive.
- As an example, an extremely tiny PO box is around 3′′ by 5.5′′ in size and is best suited for holding approximately 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines.
- Then there are tiny PO boxes, which are somewhat larger than extremely small boxes, measuring 5′′ by 5.5′′ in size and accommodating up to 15 letters as well as up to five rolled magazines.
- Furthermore, medium PO boxes are 5.5′′ x 11′′ in dimension, making them ideal for big envelopes and periodicals that need to be placed flat rather than rolled.
- Following that, big PO boxes are one of two alternatives available that are suitable for receiving shipments.
- Measuring 11′′ × 11′′ in size, they have enough space inside to contain two shoe boxes while still allowing for around 15 letters to be inserted.
Finally, extra-large PO boxes are the last and most spacious option available, and they are the ideal choice if you expect to receive a big number of shipments in addition to ordinary mail, such as furniture or appliances.That being said, extra-large PO boxes are 12 inches by 22.5 inches and can accommodate numerous Flat Rate USPS shipments as well as other deliveries.the time period during which payments must be made A last consideration in deciding how much your PO box will cost is the length of time you will be required to pay for the box.For example, the term ″payment period″ refers to the length of time you will be renting a post office box.Generally speaking, if you choose a longer payment period rather than a shorter one, your monthly payment will be less expensive on average.While most post offices only provide payment terms of three or six months, certain post offices also offer a 12-month payment time option as an alternative.
To save money on your PO box, it’s better to go for the longer payment term if you want to get the cheapest price available.In the meanwhile, if you’re interested in viewing a useful chart and article on how much a PO box costs based on various circumstances, you may do so by visiting this page.Additionally, you may visit this page of the United States Postal Service website to identify a PO box location near you and obtain a price estimate.
How Do You Get A PO Box With USPS?
If you’re wanting to rent a post office box from the United States Postal Service, you have a few alternatives to choose from.In light of the foregoing, you can either register for a PO box online or at your local post office.Obtaining a Post Office Box Through the Internet To get a PO box from the United States Postal Service online, go to the PO box page on its website and choose a location and size for your PO box.
Upon determining if the size of the PO box you selected is available at the location you are considering, you will be prompted to reserve the box.And if you don’t qualify, you’ll be asked if you’d want to be placed on a waiting list.If you receive a waitlist prompt, you may either try a different location or PO box size to see if anything more easily available is available.You may, however, fill out all of the paperwork and get placed on the waitlist if you have your heart set on this specific location/box.After that, if your PO box becomes available after you’ve been waitlisted, the post office will contact you by phone or text message to inform you of the availability of your PO box.After then, you’ll have two days to reserve the box before it’s offered to the next person on the waiting list, and the process will repeat.
- The alternative is to check to see if your box is available for reserve (congratulations!).
- If so, the next step is to choose your payment period and complete PS Form 1093 online.
- Then you may click ″Submit,″ and the PO box will be sent to you!
- If your documents are received and submitted correctly, you will have 30 days to verify your identification and pick up the keys to your PO box at the post office.
- As a result, be sure you have the 1093 form, as well as two pieces of approved identification, with you.
Obtaining a Post Office Box in Person Simply print off the 1093 form from the post office’s website, fill it out, and bring it in with two forms of acceptable identification to the post office to rent a PO box.It is possible to kill two birds with one stone if you apply for a PO box in person since it allows your identification to be confirmed while you are applying!Visit this page to learn more about the types of identification you can bring with you when renting a PO box from the United States Postal Service.More information may be found in our entries on whether or not the United States Postal Service delivers to PO boxes, how fast the United States Postal Service expedites shipping, and whether or not the United States Postal Service updates tracking.
With the United States Postal Service, the price of a PO box is decided by the location and size of the PO box, as well as the length of time the PO box will be rented for, known as the payment period.Furthermore, while the price of a PO box increases with the size and desirability of the site, the price of a PO box decreases with the lengthening of the payment term.As a result, you can apply for a post office box either online or in person by completing PS Form 1093.
When you seek to rent a PO box, you must also provide proof of your identity by bringing two kinds of identification to the post office that are acceptable.
How Much is a PO Box?
- ″What exactly is a Post Office (PO) Box?″ you might wonder. Alternatively, ″how can I obtain a PO Box?″ Alternatively, you may have already made up your decision and are only inquiring as to ″how much do they cost?″ This page contains all of the information you need to know about USPS PO Boxes. What is a PO Box? What is the cost of a PO Box? Why should I obtain a PO Box?
- What is the procedure for obtaining a PO Box?
- What exactly are Premium Postal Boxes Services?
- Is it possible to acquire a PO Box without having to pay for it?
- Is there a procedure regarding refunds for PO Boxes at the post office?
What is a Post Office (PO) Box, and how can I get one?In other words, ″how can I obtain a post office box?″ Or, perhaps, you’ve already made up your decision and are simply curious about how much they’ll set you back.Here is all you need to know about USPS PO Boxes, in one convenient location: In this article, you will learn about what a PO Box is, how much it costs, why you should obtain one, and how to use one.
What is the procedure for obtaining a post office box?So, what exactly are Premium Postal Boxes?Is it possible to acquire a PO Box without any drawbacks?Is there a return policy for PO Boxes at the post office?
Don’t want to know all of the specifics?These are the price ranges for USPS PO Boxes that you may expect.The following tables have text-align set to ″left,″ padding set to ″10px 20px,″ and borders set to ″1px solidDDD.″ The color of the table top is 333; the background color is f7f7f7; and the font is Arial.
The table th and the table td are text-aligned to the left; the padding is 10px 20px; the border is 1px solidddd; the marker is color:f5333f; and the heading is text-align: left.
|PO Box Size||3-Month Period||6-Month Period|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625|
What is a PO Box?
Post offices and post office boxes (also known as PO Boxes) are an alternative if you wish to send personal or business mail in a more secure manner and keep your home address private.In particular, they are the most practical alternative for independent contractors, city dwellers, and frequent travelers, to mention a few groups.A PO Box, also known as a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox that can only be entered with a key or a code, depending on the precise location of the post office where it is located.
In most cases, the box is located in the post office lobby and is used to collect mail that you don’t want sent to your house.
How much is a PO Box?
- What is the source of such vast pricing variations? There are a variety of elements that influence the pricing of a USPS PO Box, including the following: location
- payment term
- additional costs
- and other factors.
The price of your post office box is heavily influenced by the location of the box.Depending on whether your location is labeled ″competitive″ or ″market dominating,″ different post offices have varying pricing codes.″Competitive post offices″ are permitted to charge greater fees in return for providing extra services — such as electronic notice of the receipt of mail, signature on file, and extended hours of operation — than traditional post offices.
- In order to determine the cost of a PO Box, the next item to consider is the size that you require. PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go. The majority of post office boxes are 14.75″ deep. Extra-small post office boxes (3″ x 5.5″) are available. These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines each.
- Small Postal Service Boxes (5″ x 5.5″)
- Petite post office boxes may accommodate up to 15 mail and 5 rolled magazines.
- Medium Postal Boxes (5.5″ x 11″) are available.
- These mailboxes are ideal for storing big envelopes and periodicals that need to be piled horizontally.
- PO Boxes with a large footprint (11″ x 11″)
- The enormous PO Box, which is twice as tall as the regular one, is so spacious that you can place two shoe boxes inside and still have enough for 10-15 mail.
- Extra-large post office boxes (12″ x 22.5″) are available. The biggest PO Box that is currently available can accommodate numerous Flat Rate Boxes and shipments.
Choosing the appropriate size for your PO Box is the next factor to consider when deciding its price.PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go to get one.14.75″ is the average depth of a post office box.
3″ x 5.5″ Extra-Small Postal Boxes These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines.5 x 5.5-inch Postal Service Boxes
15 letters and 5 rolled magazines can fit in a small post office box;
5.5″ x 11″ Medium Postal Boxes
Big envelopes and periodicals may be placed flat in these mailboxes, which are ideal for large families.PO Boxes that are 11″ x 11″ in size
Two shoe boxes can fit inside the large PO Box, which is twice as tall as the little one and still has capacity for 10-15 letters.Boxes with a 12-inch by 22-inch opening There are many Flat Rate Boxes and shipments that can be stored in the biggest PO Box accessible.
The length of time it takes to pay the rental price is another crucial consideration when attempting to figure how much it will cost.The post office may allow you to rent and pay for your mailbox in 3-month or 6-month increments, depending on the service you pick.Some companies also offer payment terms of 12 months.
In general, paying for a period of 6-12 months at a time results in the best value.There are certain establishments that even have a ″baker’s dozen″ special going on.Have you ever purchased 12 bagels and received an additional one for free?Reserve your PO Box for a period of 12 months, and certain locations will include the 13th month at no additional charge.
- You’ll also need to figure in a few of extra costs to your final pricing.
- In market-dominant locations, you’ll be required to put down a $4 deposit on each of your first two keys (whereas keys are provided free of charge in competitive areas).
- Any extra keys above and beyond that will be charged at the rate of $8 per key.
- Have you misplaced your keys or forgotten your code?
- It will cost you $23 to replace the lock in this situation.
- This table should assist you in comparing all of the elements that influence the pricing of a PO box.
|PO Box Size||3-Month “Competitive” Location||6-Month “Competitive” Location||3-Month “Market Dominant” Location||6-Month “Market Dominant” Location|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75||$13-$34||$21-$57|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150||$17-$50||$28-$84|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250||$26-$87||$42-$145|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400||$37-$159||$62-265|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625||$64-$249||$109-$416|
Why get a PO Box?
- Security Do you have concerns about the security of your mail?
- Alternatively, you may wish to keep your home business mail separate from your personal mail.
- A post office box is the ideal solution.
- Whether it’s the Amazon packages that never arrived or the dog that lives next door who has a thing for envelopes, renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.
- Privacy According to your profession, you may want to avoid disclosing your home address to potential clients.
- As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing address and other personal information.
- With a PO Box, you can protect both the privacy of your mail and the privacy of your personal information.
- Accessibility Because your PO Box will most likely be located in the lobby of the post office, you’ll be able to access your mail whenever the post office lobby is open during business hours.
- Many locations provide access to the lobby at all hours of the day or during extended hours, making it even more convenient to check your mail.
- Delivery Timeframes One of the most significant benefits of having a PO Box is that you will typically receive your mail more quickly than you would if you had a home address.
- Because your mailbox will be located right inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
How do I get a PO Box?
Fortunately, signing up is simple, and you can submit your application either at your local post office or online. For both, the procedure is quite basic, although the phases are slightly distinct from one another. In either case, keep in mind that there can only be one primary key holder at a time — but you can grant access to others if needed.
- Fill out the form on the USPS PO Boxes website using your location or zip code to find a USPS PO Box near you.
- Then, using the map, find the post office that is the most convenient for you.
- Selecting it will bring up a list of the sizes they have available as well as information on their hours and driving instructions.
- Select the size of the box you’re interested in, and you’ll be given the option of reserving the box or joining the waiting list.
- If the box you desire is still available, you can pick between three different payment options: 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month.
- Adding your name to a waiting list will ensure that you get the size you desire at your selected location if it is not currently available.
- NOTE: If you want to be placed on a waiting list for the size box you like, a notification will be sent to you via email or phone when the size box becomes available at your specified post office.
- You will have two days to reserve the box before it is offered to the next person on the waiting list.) The rest is a piece of cake!
- Simply complete the online application (PS Form 1093), provide your contact and billing information, and click the ″Submit″ button to begin the process.
- To authenticate your identity and obtain your keys from the post office, you’ll have 30 days to do so.
- Print your paperwork, gather two forms of valid identification from the United States, and head down to the post office where you reserved your PO Box before the deadline passes.
- The in-person application process is likewise straightforward.
- You will still need to complete the online application (PS Form 1093), which you can either pick up at your local post office or print off from your home computer.
- Take two kinds of identification (including a photo ID) with you when you go to the post office to ensure that they recognize you as the person you claim to be.
- Even while the post office where you bring in your application does not have to be the same as the one that holds your PO Box, it does have to provide window service, so double-check before leaving the house.
What are Premium PO Box Services?
- Do you want to make your life even more convenient?
- Free premium services are available from the United States Postal Service at some of their locations (particularly in competitive regions), and it’s absolutely worth inquiring about them.
- These premium services, which include anything from handling large shipments to receiving smartphone notifications when you have mail to providing extended lobby hours, are incredibly convenient and beneficial.
- Your PO Box should have a physical street address.
- In the case of online shoppers or those who get a lot of large goods, you can use the street address of the post office where you have a PO Box instead of your home address as your postal address.
- For example, if your post office is located at 700 Smith Avenue and your PO Box is number 27, the address for your PO Box would be 700 Smith Avenue27.
- You’ll be able to receive mail and packages from the majority of carriers, including FedEx and UPS, if you do it this way.
- Please read the customer agreement carefully before submitting your information, since there are certain regulations and limitations to this offer.
- Keep a copy of the signature on file.
- The lineups at the post office are the worst.
- The majority of the time, if you get specified forms of mail, such as insured packages that require your signature, you’ll be required to go to the counter and sign them in.
- With USPS PO Box premium services, you may preserve a record of your signature and eliminate the inconvenience of mailing it (and the lines).
- Key deposit has been waived.
- The USPS often requires a deposit for the first two keys to your box, which is around $50.
Are you looking to save a few dollars?Set up your box in a post office that provides a higher level of service (they waive this fee).Keep in mind that you’ll still be responsible for the $8 price if you need to obtain additional keys.
- Hours have been extended.
- Working late and not able to make it to the post office during regular lobby hours?
- No problem.
- Not to be concerned.
- Because of its premium services, some post offices extend their opening hours to allow you to reach the post office lobby and pick up your mail.
What are the disadvantages of getting a PO Box?
- Even with all of its benefits, obtaining a PO Box does have some disadvantages to consider.
- Not every correspondence is accepted.
- It is possible that your local post office does not provide premium services, in which case you will not be able to receive packages or mail from any carriers other than the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- It is the only organization that is authorized to deliver mail to your PO Box.
- In order for those Amazon deliveries or the gift basket from your great aunt to arrive at your home, they will need to be delivered there.
- You will be required to pay a rental charge.
- As you are aware, post office boxes are not provided for free.
- They must be paid for and renewed at predetermined intervals, as well as on an annual basis.
- Depending on your location, size, and rental duration, you may find yourself spending more money on your postal service than you would want.
- There is a limited number of spaces available.
- If there isn’t a Post Office Box accessible near you, you may have to drive to a different location to pick up your correspondence.
- This isn’t exactly optimal.
- Also possible is that the size box you want isn’t available at your local post office, necessitating yet another trip to the post office to get your mail.
Does the post office have a PO Box refund policy?
- You worked out how to get a post office box near you and reserved the optimum size for six months — only to be transferred for work a few months after you made the decision.
- You have a PO Box, what do you do with it?
- There’s good news!
- It’s possible that you’ll be entitled for a refund.
- The USPS has two refund rules, one for active PO boxes and another for dormant PO boxes, which must be followed in order to get a refund.
- I’m curious to know which one it is.
- If you have already picked up your keys, your box is operational.
How to request a refund
- For those who wish to receive a refund for their costs, they can submit a refund request either online or in person at the post office where their box is situated.
- Both approaches are quite straightforward in their execution.
- In order to submit your request online, you must first log into your USPS account and then click the ″Manage Your Account″ section.
- From there, you may terminate your account and seek a reimbursement.
- When requesting a refund in person, all you have to do is go to the post office where your PO Box is located and ask for a refund at a service window.
- Keep in mind to bring your key(s) with you as well!
How to request a refund — inactive PO boxes
Fortunately, obtaining a refund for a PO Box for which you did not pick up the keys is a straightforward process. The post office should repay you in full if you have not used your account for 30 days. If you cancel within 30 days, you will still receive a full refund, but you will be required to submit a refund request first.
How to request a refund — active PO boxes
Refunds for active PO boxes are a little more difficult to process: Rental period of three months: Despite the fact that you are not eligible for a refund, you may still cancel your PO Box online.
- If you cancel your PO Box within the first three months of your six-month rental period, you will receive a 50 percent return. Once you reach the beginning of the fourth month, you will not be able to receive a refund
- 12-month rental: If you shut your PO Box during the first three months, you will receive a 75 percent refund
- if you close it within the first six months, you will receive a 50 percent refund
- and if you close it within the first nine months, you will receive a 25 percent refund. Upon the beginning of the tenth month, you will no longer be entitled for any type of return
As soon as you’ve determined how much a PO Box costs and how simple it is to obtain one, you can proceed to the post office and protect your mail. Don’t forget to inquire about their premium services! Are you planning to relocate soon? Check out our Epic Moving Checklist for tips on how to become and remain organized throughout your move.
How Much Is A PO Box?
- Obtaining a post office box is one of the most secure methods of receiving and managing mail.
- The post office will allow you to pick up your mail at a place other than your house, ensuring that it is received in a secure manner and preventing mail theft.
- ″How much do PO boxes cost″ is a question that comes up again, though.
- Fortunately, you have arrived to the correct location, as we will provide you with all of the information you want on post office box costs.
- But, first, let’s take a look at what a post office box is and how it differs from a regular mailbox.
What Is a PO Box?
- A post office box (sometimes known as a PO box) is simply a closed mailbox.
- Depending on whatever service provider you choose (as well as the location of the PO box), you may be given a key to enter the box or you may be required to establish a code.
- Normally, the boxes are all arranged in a row in the lobby of a post office to facilitate delivery.
- Its purpose is to retain any mail that you do not want delivered to your home or office.
- Okay, now we’re ready to get down to the nitty-gritty financial specifics of the situation.
So, How Much for a PO Box?
When determining the cost of a post office box, there are a few factors that must be taken into consideration. The following are the top three elements that will influence the price of a PO Box.
- The length of time (in months) that you intend to use the mailbox as a rental property
- The box’s size (extra small, small, medium, big, extremely large)
- the number of items in the box.
- The location of the post office where you will be assigned a mailbox
A post office box will cost anything from $19 for a small box with a six-month lease to $75 in some areas, depending on the region. The cost information may be found on the US Postal Service’s website, which is comprehensive.
Contract Lease Term
- Depending on the conditions of the contract, you can obtain a post office box for a duration ranging from 6 to 12 months throughout the lease time.
- Leasing for a shorter amount of time and then extending that lease may prove to be more expensive than the original lease term.
- So make sure you know ahead of time how long you expect to use the box before signing the lease.
- If you prefer to have the costs paid to a credit card, you can select to have the contract automatically renew at the end of the term.
- When it comes to the size of the box you lease, there are five different sizes that are available in a variety of places, but not all of them. Smaller boxes are less costly than larger ones. The following is a list of the box sizes that are currently available: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Excessively small: These boxes have dimensions of 3 inches by 5.5 inches and have a capacity of 10-15 letters (or the equivalent of 2 rolled magazines.) Miniature: These boxes are 5 inches by 5 inches by 5 inches in size, and they have a capacity of 10-15 letters (or the equivalent of 5 rolled magazines.) Boxes of medium size have dimensions of 5.5″ x 11″ and have a capacity of 15-20 letters in addition to big envelopes in their contents.
- In most cases, two shoe boxes can fit inside these boxes, leaving room for 10 – 15 letters.
- Large: These boxes have dimensions of 11″ x 11″ and can generally accommodate two shoe boxes inside while still leaving space for 10 – 15 letters.
- Extra Large: With dimensions of 12″ x 22.5″, these boxes are capable of holding numerous Flat Rate Boxes and shipments.
Add On Fees
Take note that there are certain one-time flat costs associated with your mailbox, in addition to the components listed above that contribute to the total price you may anticipate to spend for your mailbox. There is a $3 fee for the first two keys, and a $6 deposit for each extra key after that. If you misplace your keys or forget your code, you will be charged an additional $20.
Location of PO Box Determines Cost
- The Postal Service will always set its rates in accordance with the prices offered by other rivals in the marketplace (namely UPS etc.) As a result, the Post Office will adjust its pricing based on how much of the market they control and how much competition there is.
- Check out the official pricing information given on the United States Postal Service website to get a better sense of how much a PO Box will cost you in your particular region.
- Alternatively, you may have a sneak glance at the video below.
USPS PO Boxes Cost
- Because they provide a number of different sizes, the cost of a PO box from the United States Postal Service varies considerably.
- Obviously, because location is important, we will show you the range of rates you may anticipate to spend based on where you live.
- It is possible that the particular pricing for you will be somewhere in the center; it all depends on your location.
- So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at which post office box sizes are the most cost-effective in terms of size.
- Extra Small: These fellas may cost as much as $75, although we’ve seen them for as little as $12 in certain cases.
- Small: These may be fairly expensive for what they are, starting at a staggering $150.
- However, we have seen them sell for as little as $16 in certain cases.
- Medium: The cost of a PO box can range from $250 to $25, depending on the size of the box.
- Huge: The large ones may cost you up to $400, but we’ve seen them sell for as little as $60 in some locations, so be careful.
- Extra Large: This is the largest of the three sizes.
- It may cost you anything from $106 to a whopping $625, depending on your location.
- The fact that the price fluctuates so much is typically due to the state or city in which you live.
- Yes, it might be a disappointment to discover that you will be required to pay the greatest possible fee, but…
- while in Rome!
Top Reasons For Getting A PO Box
- Obtaining a post office box comes with a number of advantages.
- Mailbox Security: Due to the fact that the box is located inside the Post Office building and can only be accessed via a key or combination, a PO Box can assist you in keeping your true address confidential.
- Private information: Depending on your profession, you may not want your home address to be made public.
- As an example, if you work as a beauty blogger, obtaining product samples from brands is a significant thing.
- You, on the other hand, are probably not interested in everyone knowing where you reside.
- As a result, you can obtain a PO box to keep your mail and your home address safe.
- Accessibility: Your post office box will most likely be located in the foyer of a post office building.
- As a result, you have complete access to your mail whenever the post office’s lobby is open during these hours.
- In fact, many establishments allow you to visit their lobby at any time of day or night, seven days a week.
- Alternatively, companies may provide longer hours on specific days.
- Going to get your mail is now a snap thanks to this.
- It is reliable: Whether you travel frequently or simply want to know that your mail is being looked after while you are gone, having a PO box can help you ensure that you receive mail no matter where in the globe you happen to be.
- Faster Mail Delivery: Because the United States Postal Service (USPS) does not need to come out to your address in order to deliver the mail but can instead deliver it to a post office branch in its own community, you can expect to receive your mail much faster than if it were delivered to your home.
How to Get a PO Box
- You might be yearning to get your hands on a post office box by now.
- As a result, we felt it would be helpful to teach you how to go about it.
- Don’t be concerned, the procedure is quite simple.
- You may submit your application online, or you can go to your local post office if you prefer to talk with someone in person.
- The procedures you must follow in order to obtain your PO box will change depending on whatever option you pick.
- Whatever you do, keep in mind that you are the only one who has access to the primary key.
- You can grant access to others (such as your partner, for example) if this is essential, but each box has only one designated owner who is responsible for it.
- Anyway, let’s dive into the intricacies of the situation.
Getting a PO Box Online: The Full How To
- In order to begin, you must