The USPS application process
- Searching jobs. Our application system is called eCareers — the only place where you can apply for USPS jobs! Search online by keyword, location, functional group.
- Create profile. & apply.
- If required, take assessment.
- Success! Congratulations!
Mail Carrier. Each post office employs enough mail carriers to deliver all of the mail to the area the post office serves.
How do I apply for a postal service job?
– Qualifications Menu – Post Office Entrance Exams. – Citizenship. – Suitability. – Physical Requirements. – State Driver’s License. – Drug Testing (Substance Abuse) The Postal Service maintains a comprehensive program to ensure a drug-free workplace. – Other Occupations. – Post Office Application Process.
How to get a job with the post office?
– To register you only need to supply your name and email address, a username, and a password. – Once you have created your account, you will be able to update your candidate profile with your demographic information, education, skills, and work experience. – The application requires you to provide the last 7 years of work history.
Is the post office still hiring?
We deliver career opportunities. The Postal Service is actively hiring for full time, part time and seasonal employment. Explore detailed information about some of our top jobs below and find the best fit for you.
How to Apply for Post Office Jobs (With FAQs)
- Finding a Job
- How to Apply for Post Office Jobs (With FAQs)
The Indeed Editorial Team contributed to this article.The deadline for submissions is September 28, 2021.Employees at the post office make certain that mail is delivered to homes and businesses on schedule and with high-quality service.
If you’re searching for temporary work or want to pursue a career in the postal service, there are a variety of opportunities available.In this article, we will explain what a post office job is, how to apply for one, and offer answers to commonly asked questions regarding how to apply for a post office position.More information may be found at: What Is the Difference Between a Job and a Professional Position?
What are post office jobs?
- There are many different roles available at the post office, both inside and outside the building, all of which are designed to make delivering mail to companies and private households as easy as possible. Mail delivery, sorting and handling, sales and service, and drivers are some of the most common sorts of jobs available to people.
Postal employees work mostly full-time hours, although they may be required to work overtime during peak mail delivery periods such as the holiday season and other busy times of the year. Continue reading: What Exactly Is a Mail Processor? (Includes job responsibilities and compensation)
How to apply for a post office job
When applying for a position at the post office, there are four stages to take:
- Create an account with the United States Postal Service
- Once you have created your account, you should update your application profile.
- Examine and investigate available positions
- Fill out applications for opportunities that interest you.
1. Create a United States Postal Service account
All post office jobs are administered by the United States Postal Service, therefore you’ll need to submit your application through their website if you want to be considered for an available position.To find the United States Postal Service careers page, open your browser and type in ″USPS careers.″ Click on ″search and apply″ after that, and then on ″establish an account.″ Once the page has loaded, you’ll be prompted to enter your first and last name, as well as your username and password for the account.You’ll also be prompted to enter your password and email address a second time after you’ve entered them the first time.
By following these procedures, you may guarantee that the United States Postal Service receives the right personal information, allowing them to contact you in the event that they are interested in employing you for a position.
2. Update your applicant profile once you create your account
After you have created or logged into your account, you will be requested to make changes to your account information in the system. If there is an asterisk next to a category in the portal, you must complete that portion with accurate information before moving on to the next section of the portal.
3. Browse and research open positions
Once you’ve completed your profile edit, you’ll be given the opportunity to look for available employment by selecting ″search now.″ Depending on the term you enter into the search field or your proximity to a post office, you can locate employment opportunities. The following are the most sought-after positions:
For people who bring mail to your mailbox, mail carrier is the official term for their position.They follow certain routes to ensure that their deliveries are made on time, and they may combine car and foot routes.They are also responsible for responding to recipients’ questions about postal rules and the services provided by the United States Postal Service.
Related: What Is a Rural Carrier Associate and How Do I Become One?Defining and Specifying Requirements
Postal service clerks
For people who deliver mail to your mailbox, mail carrier is the official occupational title.Because they must deliver on time, they follow certain routes that may include a combination of automobiles and pedestrians.The United States Postal Service must also respond to enquiries from recipients regarding regulations and services provided by the organization.
A Rural Carrier Associate is a person who works in the rural transportation industry.Indications of what is needed and what is required
Postal service sorters and machine operators
Their responsibilities include ensuring that mail is ready for distribution to the right destination and unloading vehicles that bring in incoming mail from various places around the country. Working with equipment for maintenance, mail sorting and processing, and other tasks is possible for this group of individuals.
4. Apply to positions you’re interested in
Before applying for a position, make sure you have a comprehensive résumé that you can copy and paste into the system, and that the roles you’re looking for are in line with your professional goals and goals for your future.Examine your basic beliefs and long-term objectives to see whether or not your potential employment supports them.Following opening the application, complete the education, skills, and training experience areas in order to meet the requirements for the post listed on the website.
During the ″summary of accomplishments,″ you’ll be able to elaborate on your qualifications and illustrate why you’re a competent candidate for the position you’re looking for.Another recommendation is to prepare a list of professional references that you may provide with your online application.More information may be found at: How to Start a Career with the United States Postal Service: Job Descriptions and Benefits
Post office jobs FAQs
Here is a list of frequently asked questions about applying for post office employment, as well as answers to them:
What jobs can I apply to at the post office?
Once you have logged into the portal, you will be able to look through a list of open positions. Mail clerks, postal office clerks, and machine operators are just a few examples of professions that are commonly seen. Keep in mind that roles may become available in sectors such as management, marketing, and information technology, so be sure to visit the site on a regular basis.
What’s the best way to search for the job I am looking for?
Use the state name for the searches you do while logged into your account, and put the city name into the keyword search field once you’ve logged in. When seeking for work, avoid utilizing search terms such as ″city″ and ″zip code.″
Is it mandatory to fill out each qualification listed in the job posting?
It is necessary to list all of the qualifications you possess for the post for which you are seeking on the application form. The more specific you are in your description of each quality, the more likely it is that you will be invited to an interview with the hiring manager. In addition to your professional experience, you’ll need to highlight your educational background and talents.
What does the asterisk mean when it shows up in the portal?
The asterisk indicates that you must complete the parts that relate to the asterisk’s location. This appears when you’re filling out the application and changing your profile information on the website. More information may be found at: How to Write a Cover Letter for the Post Office (With Template and Example)
USPS Application process – Apply to Work at USPS
- We invite you to take your time with the application in order to provide the most accurate description of the experience you bring to bear. You have the option to save your progress and return to your profile at a later time if necessary within the eCareers application. There is no charge for either the application or any tests
- if you come across any websites that charge a price, they are not valid and should be reported to the United States Postal Inspection Service. If you have any questions regarding a specific position, you should contact the person who is named on the job offering. If you choose, you may submit applications to a number of different positions at the same time. Alternatively, if you are not selected for a position, you can apply for another post at your convenience. Instead of using a mobile device, a desktop or laptop computer will provide the finest experience.
- Make use of a supported browser, such as Internet Explorer 7-11, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, and/or Safari, among others.
- Make sure Adobe PDF Reader is installed and activated in the browsers that are supported.
- A valid email address is required to apply for jobs or to create a Candidate profile on Indeed. This is the sole manner in which the United States Postal Service may communicate with you regarding your application and job status.
- It is necessary to be 18 years old at the time of appointment, or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- it is necessary to be able to pass a criminal background check, a drug screening, and a medical evaluation.
- The applicant must be a citizen, permanent resident, or a citizen of American Samoa or another United States territory to be considered
- It is necessary to disclose recent job history.
- The candidate must have a clean driving record (if that is relevant to the role)
- If appropriate, you must be registered with the Selective Service.
- The Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check utilizing only information resources available from the United States (e.g., FBI fingerprint check, state and county checks). When doing a criminal history check, investigators go back five years to see if the subject has resided, worked, or attended school anywhere in the United States or one of its territories. Consequently, criminal background investigations on persons who have not lived in the United States or its territories for the prior five years may not be considered comprehensive as a result of this restriction. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. citizens only, but only if their time spent outside the country was spent as a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the United States government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If you are a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the United States government (milit The Inspection Service will not be able to conduct a thorough background check on an individual because of their residency outside of the United States. Such people will be disqualified to work for the Postal Service.
India Post Recruitment 2022: Notification, Eligibility
India Post Recruitment 2022: The Indian Postal Service (India Post) has posted an official announcement to hire applicants for various positions in the GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak).Postman, Postal Assistant, MTS, Sorting Assistant, and Mail Guard are some of the positions that will be available to applicants.Candidates that are interested in applying can begin filling out the application form as early as the second week of July 2022.
The applicants will be chosen by the department depending on their performance in the examination.Candidates must pass the 10th standard test or an equivalent exam from a recognized board in order to be considered.The applicants’ ages should be between 18 and 40 years old.They should not be more than that.Please see the information below for further information about India Post recruitment in 2022.
- The most recent updates are as follows: To view the India Post Recruitment for the Ne Delhi Circle, please visit this page.
- The India Post Recruitment Notification for the Chhattisgarh Circle may be seen by clicking on the following link: The following link will take you to the India Post Recruitment notice for Bihar: Click Here.
- On Embibe, you may learn about exam concepts.
Latest India Post Recruitment Vacancies 2022
Post offices are known as post offices in India, and they are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Communication and the Department of Posts.The headquarters are in the Indian capital of New Delhi.Gramin Dak Sevak is the full name of the organization.
The applicants will be chosen by the authorities to conduct various tasks in the postal department, such as the sale of stamps and stationery, as well as the delivery and transportation of mail, among other crucial responsibilities.The number of India Post Gram Dak Sevak positions that are currently available in each area is mentioned in the table below.Additionally, double-check,
Earlier Updates on Indian Post Recruitment
For the Uttarkhand and Uttar Pradesh circles of India Post, applications for Gramin Dak Sevak Post were being accepted.The Indian Postal Service has declared a total of 4845 openings for the role of Gramin Dak Sevak, with 4264 vacancies published for the state of Uttar Pradesh and 581 positions announced for the state of Uttarkhand.On or before September 25, 2021, all interested and qualified candidates must have completed the GDS application form.
India Post has extended the deadline for submitting GDS application forms to September 25.Candidates who wish to apply for India’s post-GDS recruitment must have completed Class 10th with a strong performance in mathematics and English.Questions for Exam Practice
India Post Recruitment 2022 – Job Details
Before we get into the specifics, let’s have a look at the table below for an overview of Post Office Recruitment 2022: India Post announces a number of Post Office job openings for a variety of positions.If candidates are interested in GDS positions as well as other India Post vacancies, they must submit separate applications for each position.The GDS announcement will be published on the official website in the near future.
For additional information, see the Indian Postal Service Careers page.
How to Apply for India Post GDS 2022?
Students who are interested in applying for the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak 2022 recruitment may simply follow the processes outlined below to submit an application.
Documents Required for India Post GDS Recruitment 2022
When applying for the India Post GDS recruitment 2022, students must present the following papers.
India Post GDS Application Fee
Candidates who wish to apply for the India Post GDS job in 2022 will be required to pay a processing fee.Payment can be made both online and offline, depending on your preference.As a result, the candidates will have no difficulty making the payment.
The application cost for India Post GDS recruitment 2022 varies depending on the category you apply for.Please see the information below for further information.Take Mock Exams and See What Happens
Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2022 Admit Card
The admit card is very crucial because applicants will not be allowed to enter the test hall unless they have their India Post recruitment GDS admit card in their possession. Candidates who are interested in downloading the admit card should review the information provided below.
Details Mentioned in India Post GDS Admit Card
All of these facts may be found on the India Post recruitment GDS admit card.
India Post Exam Pattern GDS 2022
- In order to prepare for the India Post GDS Recruitment 2022, students must be familiar with the examination format. Mathematics, Hindi Language, English Language, and Reasoning Ability are the four disciplines that make up this examination.
- To be eligible for consideration, candidates must finish the India Post GDS test 2022 in three hours.
- The test is administered in both online and offline formats.
- Candidates can choose their favourite language based on where they live in the country.
Please see the table below for the India Post GDS recruitment test format in 2022.
India Post Recruitment 2022 – GDS Syllabus
Detailed examination syllabus for the India Post GDS recruitment for the year 2022 may be seen in the table below.
India Post GDS Important Dates
The India Post Recruitment circular for different GDS positions in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand circles was recently published by the conducting authority. Candidates should review the table below to learn more about the dates of major events that will take place in the same:
List of Postal Circles in India
The North Eastern Circle, which includes six states in the North-Eastern region, the Maharashtra Circle, which includes Goa, the West Bengal Circle, which includes Sikkim as well as the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Kerala Circle, which includes the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, and the Punjab Circle, which includes the Union Territory of Chandigarh, are the only Circles that do not correspond to a specific state.As a result, the following is a list of postal circles in India that are participating in Indian Post Recruitment:
India Post Office Recruitment Salary
The salary structure of the Indian Postal Service would fluctuate depending on the position. Check out the wage structure for each position in the table below: Learn More About GDS Salary Right Here!
India Post GDS Eligibility
Candidates must completely review the qualifying requirements before submitting an online application to be considered for the India Post Recruitment campaign.The authorities of the conducting body will not accept application invitations from aspirants who are ineligible for the positions for which they have been invited to apply.According to the requirements of the conducting organization, we have compiled a list of the most appropriate GDS Eligibility Criteria.
Candidates are required to go through the same process in order to have a better knowledge.Age restriction: 18 to 40 years.In accordance with government regulations, however, the maximum age restriction has been lowered to 55.Take a look at the relaxation conditions listed below:
India Post Recruitment Selection Process
- It would be decided which applicants will be selected for India Post recruitment GDS 2022 depending on their performance in the 10th grade test. Please see the following section for further information on the GDS selection process. A merit list will be used to determine who will be chosen. This merit list is compiled on the basis of the results of the 10th standard examination. There will be no exam to pick the applicants
- in the event that the candidates get the same scores, the selection will be determined on the basis of the candidates’ dates of birth. The elder one will be given the opportunity here. In addition, the candidate’s classification is taken into consideration. Male and female candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste (ST) backgrounds will be considered, as will candidates from Other Backward Classes (OBC) backgrounds and Unreserved backgrounds
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste (ST) backgrounds will also be considered, as will candidates from Unreserved backgrounds
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste backgrounds will also be considered
- candidates from Scheduled Tribes (ST)
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 Salary and Benefits
In the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance, the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) will receive his or her compensation (TRCA).As a result of the 7th Pay Commission, the wage or the bare minimum TRCA is applicable to the three types of Gramin Dak Sevak, depending on the working level/hours they do.Please see the information below for further information.
More Information about the GDS Selection Process may be found here.
Post Office Recruitment Notification PDF Link
Listed here are the direct links to official notices for several circles, which may be accessed directly. Candidates should review the information in the table below to learn more about the process.
Gramin Dak Sevak Result
GDS results may be seen on the official website of the examination.After all of the applications have been received, the authorities will shortlist the candidates in accordance with the GDS selection procedure.Following that, the GDS Result will be made available as a PDF document in the form of a merit list.
The names and registration numbers of the candidates who have been shortlisted will be included in the result PDF.We have now given you with all of the information you want regarding India Post Recruitment.Before applying for the position, candidates should carefully review the qualifying requirements and other criteria.Make sure to submit your application online according to the deadline and keep this page bookmarked for future updates on the newest recruiting from India Post.Here is where you may practice SSC MTS Tier 1 Book Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions On India Post Recruitment
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most commonly asked questions about the India Post Recruitment process.In order to have a better understanding, candidates should go over the following questions and answers: Q: Is there an upper age restriction for India Post GDS positions?Ans: To be eligible for reservation in reserved categories, a candidate’s age must be between 18 and 40 years old.
Q: What are the requirements for employment in the Indian Postal Service?Ans: The candidate must possess a matriculation certificate as well as computer proficiency.Candidates for postal assistant must have passed Class 12, candidates for MTS must have passed Class 10, and candidates for staff vehicle driver must have passed Class 8, respectively.Q: Who is eligible to apply for India Post GDS positions?Ans: Interested and qualified applicants must have completed their tenth grade education and have studied the local language at least as far as tenth grade.
- Q: What kind of positions are available through the India Post Recruitment program?
- Ans: India Post provides a variety of positions such as postal assistant/sorting assistant, postman/mail guard, Drivers, Gramin Dak Sevak, Assistant Branch Post Master, Branch Post Master, and several more positions in addition to the ones listed above.
- Q: How can I submit an application for the India Post GDS exam?
- Ans: Go to the official website, i.e.
appost.in, and click on the ″Registration″ link to fill out the necessary information.Following registration, an OTP will be delivered to the cellphone number that was provided.To proceed, enter the OTP and make the India Post application fee payment.Now it’s time to upload the papers.For further information on the India Post Recruitment application, please see this page.
We trust that now that you have been supplied with all of the necessary information on India Post Recruitment 2022, you will have no difficulties in comprehending the notice.Additionally, this India Post announcement will assist you in understanding the processes necessary to complete the online form.It is recommended that you practice as many questions as you can and take as many mock examinations as you can to improve your overall preparedness.You can also save this page to your favorites for future reference.
Pro Tip: Embibe provides interactive learning videos as well as topic-based practice questions for a variety of examinations and certifications.We provide calibrated feedback based on your performance using the world’s most sophisticated artificial intelligence-based instructional platform, which assures progress in days.Take our free practice exam right now.We really hope that we have been able to offer you with all of the information you want regarding India Post Recruitment 2022.If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them in the comment box below, and we would be happy to answer them.
Keep checking back to embibe.com for the most up-to-date information on India Post Recruitment 2021!There have been 178 views.
Post Office Job Qualification Requirements & How to Apply
Post Office Job Requirements |Age Limit, Citizenship, Exams, Physicals, and a Driver’s license are some of the requirements.To be eligible to take a post office job qualification exam and pass it, you must first meet a number of qualifications standards, ranging from age limitations to physical requirements.
Applicants must be a specific age and must pass a written exam for most vocations, as well as satisfy physical criteria and possess a valid driver’s license.In addition, all applicants must pass a drug test before being considered.As soon as you submit your initial application, all of the criteria for the positions will be posted with the job announcement, and the Postal Service will arrange and schedule any necessary testing as soon as possible.When applying for a post office position, print out the job notice and read it completely before submitting your application.Keep a copy on hand since it offers contact information in case you require assistance with the application process or need to follow-up after taking the examination.
- All Post Office job applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to be considered.
- Applicants as young as sixteen years old are eligible to apply under certain conditions.
- Carrier employment, which need driving, are only available to those who are 18 years or older.
- Individuals who have completed high school or who have ended their high school studies for a valid cause are eligible to apply at the age of sixteen.
Post Office Entrance Exams
473-473E Postal Exam
- Clerks, carriers, rural carriers, and other mail-handling job candidates must pass the 473 Post Office test in order to be considered for employment. Mechanical and electronic technicians, as well as machinists and other tradespeople, must also pass a written examination. The total grade is determined by the results of the exam, as well as your qualifying job experience and educational background. Professionals and some administrative posts are exempt from having to take an entrance exam or write a written exam. They are evaluated and employed solely on the basis of their past job experience and educational background. The 473 and 473 C and 473 E Battery Exams are the clerk and carrier exams, respectively. In terms of occupational titles and exam administration procedures, the sole distinction between the three is the occupational title. Among the jobs covered by the 473 Major Entry Level Jobs Exam are the following: City Carrier, Rural Carrier, Mail Processing Clerk, Sales, Service, and Distribution Associate, Mail Handler, and other positions.
This Postal exam, also known as the 473 Battery Examination, is used to hire the vast majority of entry-level employees in the country. Custodial employment are designated for veterans who qualify for veteran preference under federal law.
- Motor vehicle and tractor trailer operators, as well as highly skilled maintenance positions such as Building Equipment Mechanic, Engineman, Electronics Technician, Auto Mechanics, and General Mechanic, are also required to pass an entrance exam by the United States Postal Service, which is administered online. A passing score on test 931 is required for all skilled maintenance occupations. If you work in the mechanic or electrical skills vocations, you must take a separate announcement (examination 955). These vocations are also covered in detail in the all-new 7th edition of Post Office Jobs, which includes sample tests for each occupation. Exam Schedule (Particular) 473-473E 916 Custodial Maintenance and Laborer
- 931 General Maintenance and Laborer
- 941 Automotive Technician
- 943 Automotive Mechanic
- 955 Mechanical & Electronics Mechanic
- 710 Clerical Abilities Secretary, Clerks, Admin
- 712/713 CBT Ver 2.0 Typing Test 714 Computer Based Test Data Entry 715 Ver 2.0 Data Entry 744 Accounting Technicians
- 807 Defensive Driving Course Drivers
- 916 Custodial Maintenance and Laborer
It is not necessary for applicants to be citizens of the United States. Apply for Postal Service positions if you have permanent resident alien status in the United States of America or if you owe allegiance to the United States of America and meet the other requirements.
- Before being considered for a position with the Postal Service, applicants are screened and reviewed to establish their overall suitability for the position. This evaluation will involve an examination of the applicant’s job history, criminal conviction history, and educational background.
- Personal interviews (see Chapter Seven for further information)
- medical evaluation
The medical evaluation takes place after the employment offer has been made.Since 1973, the United States Postal Service has been prohibited from investigating an applicant’s medical fitness until a legitimate employment offer has been extended to him or her.After choosing an application who meets all other eligibility conditions, the candidate is subjected to a medical examination.
During the probationary phase, once an applicant has been hired, the performance of a career employee is reviewed on the job.Individuals’ fingerprints are submitted for review by a specific agency to guarantee that there is no adverse information on them that has not been identified during the screening procedure.Individuals who do not satisfy the qualifications of the United States Postal Service are excluded from consideration for employment after undergoing a thorough screening procedure.
The physical demands of the job are defined by the job.A carrier’s lifting capacity is 70 pounds, and all applicants must demonstrate the ability to efficiently accomplish their assigned responsibilities in order to be considered.It is necessary to do vision and hearing exams.
Applicants must have 20/40 vision in the good eye and no worse than 20/100 vision in the other eye in order to be considered.Glasses are permitted on the premises.
State Driver’s License
If you are applying for an employment that requires the use of a motor vehicle, you must have a valid state driver’s license. A clean driving record is essential, and you will be subjected to a Postal Service road test for the kind of vehicle that you will be operating before being hired.
Drug Testing (Substance Abuse)
The Postal Service runs a rigorous program to guarantee that its employees operate in a drug-free environment.A requirement for postal work is that the applicant be drug-free, and this requirement is determined by the use of a urine drug screening test.When it is established that you are in the area of consideration for employment, you will be scheduled for a drug screening test to be performed.
- When applying for employment other than mail processing in the Postal Service, the application procedure is quite similar to that of the federal civil service application process. The applicant’s job experience, education, specific knowledge, talents, and abilities are all taken into consideration (KSAs). Job announcements are posted on the United States Postal Service’s website, and applicants must carefully follow the application procedures contained in the job announcement in order to be considered for the position. Any errors or omissions might result in your application being denied. There are several instances where highly competent applicants are turned down due of administrative faults or omissions. The United States Postal Service employs 615,140 people, the vast majority of whom are involved in mail handling. Many administrative, corporate, technical, engineering, and support vocations, on the other hand, are also open to applicants. As noted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Postal Service employs hundreds of different vocations, including the ones mentioned below in abbreviated form: (The number employed in each group is listed in parenthesis.) Management positions in the areas of advertising, marketing promotion, public relations, and sales (360)
- administrative services managers (310)
- information technology managers (150)
- financial managers (160)
- transportation, storage, and distribution managers (720)
- human resource managers (170)
- human resource specialists (1,530
- human resource (HR) workers (1,530)
- business and financial operations occupations (8,530)
- business operations specialists (7,300)
- purchasing agents (500)
- compliance officers (1,4350
- LMR (360)
- logistics managers (360)
View the entire list of postal vocations provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Post Office Application Process
Whenever a vacancy occurs in a particular region, the Postal Service employs, and you may apply for any job opportunity online through the United States Postal Service.They no longer provide tests in areas that were formerly offered every two years.You may apply for employment openings at any time of the year, and anybody can apply.
You can now take Part D of the 473 test online without being proctored when you initially apply, and if you pass Part D, you will be scheduled for sections A, B, and C within 14 days of when you apply.Once you have taken and passed the 473 test, you will not be required to repeat the exam when applying for other positions.The exam score is good for several years after it is obtained.You must retain your Exam Tracking Number, which is the exam number that you will receive after passing the exam, in order to be able to apply for additional jobs without having to repeat the test.Furthermore, there are no fees associated with taking a test with the Postal Service.
- We recommend that you go through our site’s thorough reference to the United States Postal Service’s recruitment and application program before visiting the official USPS website to look for job openings in your region.
- You can also submit your application in person at a post office location.
- Postal Pre-Appointment Interview, Practice and Preparation for the 473 and other entry-level examinations, and How to Locate Job Openings in Your Area are all covered in ″Post Office Jobs.″ The book also offers detailed position descriptions for the top 25 job categories at the Post Office, as well as example exam questions for clerical, technical, custodial, car mechanic, electronics technician, and other jobs.
- There are copies of this book available at all bookstores and on Amazon.com, and it is also available in the reference department of many libraries.
Consider all career opportunities in the public and private sectors and submit applications to increase your chances of landing a position.Back to the top of the page
Post Office Job Requirements
- Finding a Job
- Post Office Job Requirements
The Indeed Editorial Team contributed to this article.The date is February 22, 2021.Serving as a postal employee with the United States Postal Service may lead to a rewarding career with several advancement prospects.
Depending on your background and professional objectives, you may choose to explore one of the various post office positions available.Learning about the qualifications for post office employment might assist you in determining whether or not this is the suitable career route for you.In this article, we will examine the qualifications for post office jobs as well as how to apply for a career with the United States Postal Service.
Requirements for postal employees
To work for the United States Postal Service, you must meet certain requirements. Check out the list of prerequisites below to see whether you meet the qualifications to work with the United States Postal Service.
1. Minimum age requirements
Employees of the United States Postal Service must be at least 18 years old in the majority of circumstances. Candidates who are 16 years old, on the other hand, are accepted by the postal service as long as they have a high school diploma.
2. Citizenship requirements
All applicants must be citizens of the United States, permanent residents of the United States, or citizens of any United States territory.
3. Employment history
Candidates are required to provide information about their present and prior occupations, including dates, job titles, and responsibilities, as well as references. Typically, candidates must also supply contact information for their workplace so that the postal service may check employment facts. A related article: How to Write Work Experience on a Resume.
Screenings and assessments
- Candidates for the postal service must pass a number of assessments, including the following: Background check: This screening determines whether or not a person has a criminal record.
- This exam identifies whether or not candidates are currently abusing any illicit substances.
- Assessments of physical fitness: These tests establish whether or not candidates are physically fit for the work, such as lifting a specific amount of weight or passing a hearing or vision test.
- Tests that are specialized to a certain job: Many job hopefuls are required to pass written examinations before they can begin working. Each of the following jobs requires the completion of job-specific exams: mail carriers, postal clerks, and postal support staff.
Questions and Answers: What Is Involved in a Background Check for Employment?
An investigation of all addresses where the candidate has lived, worked, or attended school in the United States or its territories during the last five years is conducted via the normal postal service background check. Candidates who wish to be considered for the position must have lived or legally resided in the nation for the past five years in order to be considered.
Safe driving record
When applying for a position as a mail carrier or for any work that involves the operation of a postal service vehicle, candidates must demonstrate that they have a clean driving record. In addition, candidates must possess a valid driver’s license.
Selective Service registration
It is necessary for candidates to register with the Selective Service System, if applicable.This criterion applies to men between the ages of 18 and 25 who are of legal drinking age.Male candidates who are citizens of the United States must register within 30 days of reaching the age of eighteen.
Permanent residents must register with the government within 30 days after arriving in the country.
Types of post office jobs
The United States Postal Service employs a diverse group of individuals. Read on to learn about some of the most frequent post office careers, which are listed below:
1. Postal clerk
Average hourly wage in the United States is $15.75.The following are the primary responsibilities: Postal clerks work at post offices, where they interact with clients on a daily basis.They compute the amount of postage due, stamp parcels and mail, and process payments received from consumers.
Stamps, stationery, envelopes, packing accessories, and postal money orders are all available for purchase from postal clerks.Many of them also allocate post office boxes and execute change of address paperwork as part of their services.They give answers to consumer queries, provide information about projected delivery times, and provide recommendations for sending products to both domestic and foreign destinations, among other things.
2. Postal support employee
The national average hourly wage is $17.06 per hour.Primary responsibilities: Postal support staff are most often found at post offices or mail processing centers, depending on their location.They are in charge of the preparation of letters and parcels, the loading and unloading of mail delivery, and the sorting of mail at distribution centers and warehouses.
In addition to processing and sorting mail, postal assistance staff may also recover items for delivery to customers.
3. Mail carrier
The average hourly wage in the United States is $18.96.Primarily, postal carrier’s responsibilities include carrying mail and goods to both residential and commercial destinations.Every day, the majority of postal carriers travel a predetermined route, which may entail driving a mail truck or going from door to door to deliver the mail.
Many postal carriers pick up mail along their routes or collect money when postage is needed to be paid by the recipient, depending on the circumstances.Some letter carriers, particularly those who go along rural routes, also sell stamps.Examples of Rural Carrier Associate Resumes are also available.
How to apply for post office jobs
You must complete the following procedures in order to be considered for a position as a postal clerk, postal support staff, or mail carrier:
- Meet the prerequisites for age and citizenship
- Fill out an application for the Selective Service
- Obtain your driver’s license
- You must submit a formal application.
- Complete all necessary screenings
- Successfully complete job-specific examinations
1. Meet age and citizenship requirements.
First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years old or at least 16 years old and have earned a high school diploma. You must also be a citizen of the United States, a citizen of a United States territory, or a permanent resident of the United States.
2. Register with the Selective Service.
If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, you must first register with the Selective Service before you may apply for military service.
3. Get a driver’s license.
When applying for an employment that requires you to operate a motor vehicle, you must first get a driver’s license. You should be prepared to offer information regarding your driving license and driving history if you already have one.
4. Submit an application.
After that, go to the United States Postal Service’s eCareer website and fill out an online application. If you want to create an online account with eCareer, you’ll need an email address, and you’ll have to fill out the online form with your contact information and job history.
5. Complete required screenings.
Prior to accepting a job offer, you must go through a series of required tests. Prepare to consent to a background check and to follow the postal service’s instructions for completing a drug screening in order to get your package.
6. Pass job-specific tests.
Lastly, ensure that you complete all necessary on-the-job training and that you pass any applicable job-specific assessments. Some positions need physical examinations, while others necessitate driving exams. Written exams are also required for some positions.
How to Apply for a Postal Service Job
The United States Postal Service’s Social Business Intelligence team monitors the general debate regarding the USPS.Due to a significant increase in traffic to our corporate social media pages, we’ve teamed up with our colleagues in Human Resources to provide you with information and answers to your work-related queries.The majority of these questions are submitted by job seekers.
When it comes to taking a Postal Service exam, how much does it cost?The United States Postal Service never charges a fee for job information or tests.So, are websites that charge a fee legitimate?No.Most likely, they are not authentic.
- It is your responsibility to notify the United States Postal Inspection Service if you come across something like this.
- Where can I submit an application for a position with the Postal Service?
- There is just one site to submit an application for a position with the United States Postal Service.
- Open job announcements may be found under the ″Search Jobs″ tab.
When do job openings become available?Check back once a week to check if any new positions have become available.Jobs are often listed for five days at a time.Will I be required to take a test?Not every job entails taking a test.
If you are needed to take an exam, you will be contacted once you submit your application.What is the best way to prepare for an exam?We give exam preparation resources at no cost.If there is an exam or assessment, we will offer you with an assessment information package at no charge to help you become comfortable with the exam or assessment before taking it.
What is the best way to verify the progress of my application?For further information on how to check on the progress of your application or applications, log into your account and click on the ″Job Opportunities Tab.″ The ″My Applications″ link will show in the navigation bar after the application is launched.This will present you with a list of all of your applications as well as their current statuses.What method will you use to contact me?Keep an eye on your email inbox.
Throughout the employment process, USPS engages with applicants via email.Make sure to check your junk mail folder for any correspondence.When can I expect to hear from you?In order to establish an accurate time period for recruiting, it is necessary to consider the numerous phases involved in the application process for distinct positions.Please, once again, keep an eye on your email inbox for any contacts from us regarding the application and hiring procedures.
Who is going to get in touch with me?General Information Services is the vendor that the United States Postal Service (USPS) uses to conduct pre-employment tests.Any email you receive from [email protected] is valid, and you should react to it as soon as you can after receiving it.It is also possible that postal workers will contact you.Their email address will always be followed by the domain usps.gov, no matter what.
- What should I do if I’m having technical difficulties with the website?
- If you are experiencing technical issues while using the website, please email [email protected] for assistance.
- This email address is solely to be used in the event of technical issues with the website.
- They are unable to assist with any additional difficulties.
- In the event that I have difficulty taking the exam, who should I contact?
- Please email [email protected] if you are attempting to take the test but are experiencing technical issues during the process.
- This email is exclusively intended for people who are experiencing difficulty taking the exam on their own.
- They are unable to assist with any additional difficulties.
- In the event that I have a question concerning the employment, who should I contact?
- If you have any questions regarding a specific position, you should speak with the individual who is named in the job description.
- Keep a copy of the job description for your records because the job description will be deleted from the website as soon as the post is filled.
- What you should have known but didn’t because you didn’t ask: Use straightforward and explicit language to address each job criterion while filling out your application.
- If feasible, include an example that demonstrates your talents while quantifying your labor and successes as much as you can.
- It’s not really useful to tell us, ″You should employ me (for this social media role) because I’m a millennial and I grew up on social media,″ for example.
- A statement like this tells us who you are, but it doesn’t tell us what you can do.
A more effective strategy would be to discuss the breadth of your effort as well as the results you achieved.Consider the following example: ″I maintained a social media account with XX followers and increased interaction by XX percent.″ It’s helpful to think about answers in terms of the STAR format — circumstance, task, action, and outcome — while answering questions.Wishing you the best of luck!
Mary Beth Levin, Manager, Social Media Strategy and Analytics, United States Postal Service (USPS).
How to apply for post office jobs 2022 – 2023
Post was last updated at 12:19 a.m.on Wednesday, February 16, 2022.How to apply for Postal Service positions Candidates who are interested in working at the ″Indian Post Office″ are encouraged to submit their applications for this position.
There are various types of job opportunities available in the concerned department for which anyone or everyone can apply, including for the most basic and yet difficult work profile.However, taking this for granted will be a disadvantage for the candidates, as each company, whether it is a Post Office job or any other private or public sector job opportunity, searches for the most qualified candidate who demonstrates dedication to the job and the organization.Every profile has a different amount of complexity and ease when it comes to registering with it.The first and most important thing that applicants are expected to do is to register their candidacy with the organization; in order to do so, they must review the company’s numerous policies and requirements.For the most up-to-date Post Office job listings, please visit this page.
- There are several job openings in the Indian Postal Service department for those interested in working in the ″Post office.″ Many of the candidates, on the other hand, are completely oblivious of the registration process and selection criteria.
- An introductory paragraph is published in the newspaper and on the company’s official website as well.
- Candidates must do the following steps in order to be considered for the position when applying: Step 1: Navigate to the Indian Postal Service’s official website.
Look for the Careers link and click on it after you have located it.3.3.Select ″apply″ from the drop-down menu and carefully fill out all of the required information in the recommended format.4.
While filling out the details, double-check that you have all of the relevant and essential documents with you.5.Re-read the application form you filled out to ensure that you did not make any mistakes that might result in the termination of your candidature.6.
When you have finished filling out the form and double-checking it, click on the submit button.7.Print off the system-generated form and store a copy of it on your computer’s hard drive for future reference.8.Mail the system-generated form to the address specified on the form, together with any supporting documentation necessary for the post.
Remember to superscribe the title of the post at the top of the page.
Post Office Job Vacancies 2022 Notification invites Applications indiapost.gov.in
The Department of Posts, doing business as India Post, is a government-owned and controlled postal system in India; it is commonly referred to as ″The India Post″ in the country itself.The British Raj was established in 1858, when the East India Company’s control was handed to the British Crown for the first time.It was estimated that 889 India Post offices handled about 43 million letters and more than 4.5 million newspapers each year by 1861.
The first superintendent of the India Post was appointed in 1870, and he was located in Allahabad at the time of his appointment.Postal services are overseen and administered by the Department of Posts, which is a division of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, which is part of the Indian government.The Indian postal service is also involved in a variety of other activities (such as small-savings banking and financial services).India Post publishes the most recent Job Vacancies information on a variety of positions around the country.
Why Fresherslive for India Post Job Vacancies 2022 Free Job Alert?
Across numerous sectors and industries in India, FreshersLive is the one-stop destination for India Post job notifications, including India Post Job Vacancies 2022 across the country’s major sectors and industries.Fresherslive guarantees that all of our visitors are informed of any new Jobs that are posted.We make certain that none of the available positions are overlooked on our website.
New and experienced graduates alike can benefit from our assistance in receiving information of recent India Post 2022 opportunities around the country.FreshersLive is a renowned employment website that posts all of the latest government job openings.This website is dedicated to the most recent notice from India Post pertaining to the year 2022.This unique page for India Post is maintained by the FreshersLive staff to ensure that all job announcements and opportunities from India Post are presented.Job vacancies and notifications from India Post 2022 are listed on this page, including both ongoing and recently expired positions.
- The Department of Posts, doing business as India Post, is a government-owned and controlled postal system in India; it is commonly referred to as ″the India Post″ within the country itself.
- The first superintendent of the India Post was appointed in 1870, and he was located in Allahabad at the time of his appointment.
- Besides mail delivery, the Indian postal service provides a variety of other services (such as small-savings banking and financial services).
- India Post gives information about the Post Man, Mail Guard Post, Motor Vehicle Electrician & Mechanic, TS Driver, Tin & Copper Smith, Postal/ Sorting Assistant, and Other Vacancy Post positions available with the organization.
FreshersLive is one of the most popular government employment websites in India.India Post job alerts are quite popular throughout the country, and this website contains information about recent and forthcoming vacancies from the Indian Postal Service (India Post).The website offers the most up-to-date information on India Post processes such as Job Descriptions, Job Locations, Interview Dates, Online Application Form, Fee Details, Eligibility, Qualifications and Job Notifications.Once a year, India Post publishes information about drive dates and locations around the country.FreshersLive.com will provide access to all of the most recent India Post notifications that are now live from all government organizations.
India Post is provided in most major cities in the country.India Post is responsible for numerous posts under each state in India, which it administers individually.India Post services are available in the following states: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, North Eastern, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, and Uttar Pradesh.For the year 2022, this India Post website offers a comprehensive list of all current and forthcoming India Post notifications for all of its sites in India.
India Post Job Vacancies 2022 March
Job Seekers Have Good News to Share!If you want to work for a reputable firm and earn a good salary, Fresherslive is a valuable resource that will help you locate the best Job opportunities in Top Companies throughout India that match your qualifications and interests.Become the very first person to discover it.
The newest India Post 2022 job opportunities in India can be found here.You may also look for other jobs in India such as online applications, employment jobs alerts and India Post openings in other parts of the world.Apply for the Latest India Post Jobs in 2022: This page contains all of the most recent India Post job alerts.Please carefully review all of the information provided, including educational requirements, application costs, and selection procedures, before submitting your application for the position.Through Fresherslive.com, you may subscribe to India Post Jobs and receive information on Driver jobs around the country.
Perceive about India Post Job Vacancies 2022 Free Job alert instantly with Fresherslive
On this website, you will be able to learn about the numerous fascinating Job Opportunities available on India Post 2022. This website is updated instantly with the most recent and future Notifications from the Indian Postal Service. Maintain regular contact with this page in order to learn about the most recent and upcoming India Post Career Opportunities.
What are all the information’s bestowed in India Post Job Vacancies 2022?
This is the best spot for you to get all of the information you need in order to apply for the latest India Post job openings.In this section you will find information on India Post 2022 such as job description, total vacancies, eligibility criteria, salary (starting salary), educational qualification, job locations, application procedure, application fees, selection procedure, last date for application, interview dates, and other useful information.India Post 2022 Job Description: Here, on this page, you will find links to the India Post Official Notification and Online Application Form, which will enable you to apply for the India Post Jobs in the quickest possible time.
Furthermore, you will be able to find many similar jobs at top companies right here on one page.
What’s more at Fresherslive for India Post Job Vacancies 2022?
At Fresherslive, you can search and locate lakhs of Best well paid jobs in Top Companies for education-wise as well as location-wise, which are updated every minute, and you can apply for them all at once.In this section, you will find several Similar Jobs for various streams such as 10th and 12th grades, B.E, B.Tech, M.E, MTech, B.Sc, Msc, B.Fsc, M.Phil, PhD, BCA, B.B.A, MBBS, MS/MD, MCA, B.Com, and other related fields of study.You may also find Top Jobs in a variety of places around India, including New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, Noida, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and other cities in the country.
Fresherslive is the first place to find out about the latest Sarkari Naukri job openings.Here at Fresherslive, you can discover the most recent Sarkari Result as well as Weekly updates on Employment News that are not available anywhere else.
Prepare for India Post Job Vacancies 2022 through Fresherslive Resources
Fresherslive will provide you with many resources like as placement papers, aptitude skill tests, interview questions and answers, current affairs, and other useful information in order to be enrolled in the India Post drive.As a result, make good use of it and secure your ideal Company Job.Fresherslive is updated with the latest rojgar samachar from India Post on a daily basis.
Don’t let this golden opportunity pass you by.
How to get India Post Job Vacancies 2022 Free Job alert in a jiffy in the near future?
If you want to be notified as soon as new India Post Jobs 2022 and openings become available, you can sign up for our Fresherslive Free Job Alert to be notified by email whenever new jobs become available.Certainly, you will be able to receive immediate notifications regarding the impending India Post 2022.What you do now will have an impact on your future.
Fresherslive provides a plethora of options for growth.Warmest wishes for success in all of your future activities.
Post Office Job Vacancies 2022 -FAQ
Q1.What kind of jobs are available at the Post Office?Driver Vacancy in the Post Office for the year 2022.
The Post Office will provide all of the open positions that are available on the current d