Key Elements In Your Sponsorship Packages
- The Introduction. First, tell your potential sponsors clearly who you are and what you want.
- What’s In It For Them.
- What Do You Offer.
- Your Call to Action.
- No Generic Sponsorships.
- Allow Package Customization.
- Include Sponsors in Your Planning.
Agree on how to measure success
How do I list sponsors on my sponsorship package?
List exactly what that sponsorship level includes. The representation of each sponsor should correlate to the level of sponsorship, so the largest package should have the most visibility. This allows potential sponsors to either select packages based on price or where they want their branding to appear.
What makes an event sponsorship package irresistible to sponsors?
The right mix of both of these elements can result in irresistible event sponsorship packages that will appeal to sponsors and leave them excited to sponsor your next event. In order to present packages from a value-focused perspective, you have to know what value means to your prospective sponsors.
How can I get more sponsors for my event?
If you already have experience with gathering donations, consider creating a tiered package or advancing into event sponsorships, especially if you have a good idea of which events would be the most attractive to potential sponsors.
What do I need to include in my sponsorship proposal?
You’ll want to include how long the sponsorship package is for, cancellation and refund policies, renewal cost, and the price of each package. You’ll also want to define which metrics will be used to measure the success of your sponsorship.
What should be included in a sponsorship package?
At the very least, your event sponsorship package should include the following:
- Information about your organization.
- Describe the event.
- Provide a general description of the benefits of sponsorship.
- Make sure that you provide details with respect to specific sponsorship levels, the cost, and the rewards for sponsorship.
What are the 3 types of sponsorships?
Three types of events sponsorships to offer
What is a sponsorship package?
A sponsorship package is an agreement that implies the support of an event or an activity by an external brand. It’s pretty common to think of a sponsorship package as a contract established between an event organiser and a sponsor.
What are the 10 elements of a successful sponsorship proposal?
They will help you make your sponsors at ease when they receive your event sponsorship proposal:
What are 3 goals of sponsorship that all businesses have?
Sponsorship costs, marketing opportunities at the event, and list of committed sponsors. What are three goals of sponsorship that all business have? High sales, to keep up with the competition, and attracting media attention.
What are examples of sponsorships?
Whether you’re a large corporation or an SME, there’s a ton we can learn from them.
How do I get an individual sponsorship?
How to Get a Sponsorship: 8 Key Tactics
- Research potential sponsors. Look at your existing supporters.
- Tell your organization’s story.
- Provide sponsor incentives.
- Reach out to established companies.
- Use data to legitimize your pitch.
- Find the right contact.
- Build a connection over time.
- Follow up.
What is an official sponsor?
Sponsoring something (or someone) is the act of supporting an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services. The individual or group that provides the support, similar to a benefactor, is known as the sponsor.
How do you name a sponsorship package?
The most obvious way to make them stand out is to name the sponsorship something memorable. Sure, gold, platinum, and silver are fine but they don’t do anything to set your event apart.
You could choose to name the sponsorship after what it accomplishes such as:
- The Brand Builder.
- The Community Supporter.
- The Networker.
How do I write a project sponsor?
How to Write a Proposal for an Event
- Briefly Introduce Your Organization, Event, & Goals. The first step is to let your potential sponsors know about your organization.
- Explain How Your Potential Sponsors Will Benefit.
- Offer Sponsorship Levels.
- Lay Out Your Terms & Conditions.
- Close With a Persuasive Call-To-Action.
What should a sponsorship proposal look like?
7 key sections of your sponsorship proposal
What should I look for in a sponsorship agreement?
A sponsorship agreement should include the length of the agreement, an exclusivity clause, payment calculation and method, the sponsor benefits, intellectual property rights and termination conditions.
How to make a good sponsorship proposal?
How to make a sponsorship packet?
Create a Youth Sports Sponsorship Packet in 4 Easy Steps
Many youth sports organizations have a disparity between the amount of money they have in their budget and the amount of money they would want to spend for the season.A large number of organizations seek sponsorships in order to make up for this shortfall.Securing sponsors may be time-consuming, even when the ultimate result is a win-win for both the club and the business.This is especially true for volunteer-driven groups.Additionally, in addition to identifying possible sponsors, clubs should put out a sponsorship package that outlines the many types of sponsorships available, how the monies will be utilized, and basic information about the team itself.Listed below is an explanation of how to develop a sponsorship packet for young sports in four simple stages.
Step 1: Introduction (Opening Letter)
- Download a template for a sponsorship letter here > It is customary for the club to begin the sponsorship packet with a letter or an introductory email detailing who the team is, where they play, and why they are seeking sponsorships for their junior sports program. Team members can include high-level overviews of their packages in this beginning letter, but it should be considered more as an elevator pitch to attract potential sponsors to continue reading the letter. One approach to accomplish this is to demonstrate the significance of the sponsorship. ″Be specific about how many viewers you expect to deliver,″ Go Play! Marketing’s Wade Smith said. Smith advises teams to incorporate analytics in their sponsorship letters in order to demonstrate to firms what they would receive as a result of their support. For example, projected foot traffic to an event
- the number of clicks on the team’s website
- the number of social media followers the club has
- and other related information are all examples of metrics to consider.
In order to persuade the business to sponsor this team above others, it should be official and professional in tone, and it should provide sufficient information about the team.All of the team’s statistics will be included later in the information sheet, so please do not include them here.A broad introduction to the club should be provided in a few rapid blows throughout this segment.Opening salutations, as well as the date and the team’s address, should be included in the letter.If the clubs are aware of who they are wooing at each business, they may tailor the letter to that individual’s unique needs and interests.The letter should be signed by either the club’s sponsorship chair or the organization’s president, depending on which is appropriate for the situation.
Step 2: DefineSponsorship Opportunities
The following section of the packet should be devoted to particular sponsorship possibilities that have been identified.This will vary depending on the requirements of each club.However, while each team’s list will be different, Smith believes that all clubs must be extremely explicit in stating exactly what firms would receive with each partnership while keeping in mind that many agreements will demand some amount of customisation on their part.Some instances may be as follows:
Similarly, if a club is searching for a single, one-time sponsor (for example, to help fund the purchase of new uniforms), the sponsorship opportunity should specify how much money is required and exactly what the money will be used for.Including photographs or a mock-up of the area where the company’s logo or name will be displayed may assist businesses in getting a better sense of the presence they will have in the marketplace.
Multiple Sponsors, By Event
There are several events scheduled for some teams during the season (for example, tournaments they are hosting or going to) and sponsors for each of these events must be secured.Sponsorship options for these groups might be identified by the individual event that they are sponsoring.Teams should give a calendar of all events as well as a list of sponsorship prices for each event on their website.Include details on how the money will be spent, such as if it will be used for travel, entrance fees, or other expenditures.Provide specific examples of how the company’s name and logo will be recognised at each event that is sponsored.
Multiple Sponsors, Per Package
Sponsorship packages should be developed for teams who are searching for many sponsors for a variety of objectives on a regular basis.These packages should provide a breakdown of the costs associated with each level of sponsorship (such as Gold, Silver, and Bronze packages).Specify exactly what is included with that sponsorship level.The degree of sponsorship should be reflected in the level of representation provided by each sponsor, with the largest package providing the most exposure.Prospective sponsors can choose from a variety of sponsorship packages based on their budget or the location in which they want their logo to display.
Step 3: Include Team Information
- Including information about the club or league in each package is a must. This should include basic league information such as the organization’s purpose and ideals, the ages of the players, the city or area they represent, and other pertinent information.
- What league they are a member of
- Highlights of the results
- the names of the coach and the director
- and contact information
Step 4: Idea Suggestions
Teams can also include a section at the conclusion of the package in which they ask for any further sponsorship ideas that companies might have.Companies may have different ideas about how they would like their company to be represented if they do not find a package or opportunity that meets their requirements.In order to avoid losing these potential sponsors due to a lack of alternatives, providing them with the ability to potentially design their own package or opportunity may result in a relationship.
The design of your event sponsorship packages has a significant impact on the success of your event sponsorship sales.Prospective sponsors should be able to digest the packages in a short period of time and have a clear knowledge of the value they will receive for the money they spend on the packages.The correct combination of these two factors may result in appealing event sponsorship packages that will appeal to sponsors and leave them enthusiastic about the prospect of sponsoring your upcoming event.
Start With In-Depth Research On Your Sponsor Personas
- When presenting packages from a value-oriented viewpoint, it is essential to first understand what value means to your prospective sponsors. This entails conducting thorough research. To get started, do some Googling. This is why it is critical to have 1-3 sponsor personalities in place. It enables you to handle the research and experimentation process more effectively. As a result, when creating your characters, look into their day-to-day employment. What are the difficulties associated with that particular position? What are the aches and pains or areas of weakness that this persona is dealing with? What exactly is their responsibility, and what does success look like in their particular role? These are all important issues that you should be able to answer with a reasonable amount of confidence. The following phase is to interview persons who are representative of the average of each persona. For example, if your personas include a brand marketer, a startup founder, and an event marketing manager, you should make an effort to speak with at least one brand marketer, one startup founder, and one event marketing manager about their experiences. As a point of reference, LinkedIn is a fantastic place to start your search, and there are plenty of individuals who would be happy to perform a 30-minute phone interview in return for a $20 Starbucks gift card. Please keep in mind that the objective of these interviews is only for research purposes
- attempting to persuade your interviewee to support the event will just waste their time and yours. During your persona interviews, encourage your respondents to be as honest as they possibly can during the course of your conversation. A potential sponsor’s role-related pains and aspirations, as well as their budget, should be discovered in order to develop your own sponsorship packages in accordance with these findings. It is only once you have a thorough grasp of each persona’s problems and goals that you can begin to design sponsorship packages that include offerings that are relevant to the persona. Budget, of course, allows you to align your sponsorship packages with the pricing that your sponsor would anticipate, as opposed to sponsorship packages that are too expensive (or too affordable!) for your sponsor. Potential sponsors may be concerned that your event is not professional or that it is out of their league if this is the case, which might raise red flags. Listed below are a few questions you could want to ask to steer the interviews: Interrogate them about your study into their roles to confirm your grasp of what it is like to be in their shoes.
- Inquire about their thoughts on event sponsorship, as well as any reservations they may have about supporting events in general.
- Observe their decision-making process when selecting (or considering) events to sponsor, and what they are looking for.
- Inquire about the sort of budget they would be willing to devote (or the amount of money they anticipate spending) on a few different sample offerings.
Understand Your Event’s Market
Identifying the ″market″ for events and their sponsorship packages is the next stage in determining where you will fit into this market.Make no mistake, you may believe that your event is one-of-a-kind.And it’s possible that it is.However, this does not rule out the possibility that your prospective sponsors are examining a slew of other opportunities, and no sponsor has an infinite budget.That implies that you are up against competition that you are probably not aware of.As a matter of fact, you may find yourself in competition with non-event sponsorship and advertising possibilities as well.
- For the time being, let’s confine our market research to events taking place in your industry.
- Begin by looking at comparable occurrences.
- Many events make available a sponsorship prospectus on their website, which can be a goldmine for market research because it frequently includes information such as the number of attendees as well as price for the sponsorship packages that are available for purchase.
Make an effort to’mine’ as many of these prospectus documents as you can for your particular market segment.You will begin to see similar patterns in both the pricing and the type of the packages that are being provided as time goes on.
Build Packages That Appeal To Sponsors
- Take what you’ve learned about your sponsor personas, as well as what you’ve learned about the sponsorship market, and use it to develop attractive sponsorship packages that are well-priced and well designed. Review the notes you took during the sponsor persona interviews, as well as the notes you took when researching your event rivals’ sponsorship packages. Make note of any discrepancies between the information your sponsors provided in their interviews and what is already accessible in the ″sponsorship market″ for each persona. What kind of sponsorship opportunity do you think you could develop to fill this void? Perhaps that product ensures a particular quantity of leads will be supplied to them so that sponsors are less concerned about the risk associated with their investment. Alternatively, they may be wanting to increase their brand’s visibility in the community
- maybe the founder or CEO of their firm might be on hand to deliver an award and give a brief presentation about their company. Following that, you’ll want to put up a selection of basic packages that are directly competitive with what other events are offering in the area. The ability to chose something more novel, such as what we just discussed, or something more tried-and-true, such as a brand logo sponsorship on event collateral, gives your prospective sponsors greater flexibility. Always make it clear what you expect to include in each bundle or what you intend to sell as a la carte options in your marketing materials. It is desirable for packages to feature some form of extra value, such as additional included offers or a unique choice that is not available to anyone else other than the sponsor who picks that particular package. For the last set of packages or a la carte sponsorship products, go beyond the box and search for chances to link high-value services with specific goals that a sponsor may be attempting to achieve. Here are a couple more suggestions to get you started. VIP Package for Social Media: This sponsorship package gives the sponsor prominent placement in the sponsor’s social media streams. Allowing them to ″co-host″ the social media coverage for your event from their own account will help to grow both their following and the brand’s exposure to your event’s attendees. You can retweet or share the posts of others, tag them in your event’s posts, or even allow them to ″co-host″ the social media coverage for your event.
- Package for Spa-nsership: No matter what sort of event you are planning, you can always provide a little more TLC for participants to make their experience more enjoyable. Participants always appreciate a moment of relaxation, whether it’s a brief neck massage before an extreme race from a local massage therapist or an instant manicure from a local nail shop at a B2B tradeshow. Offering sponsors the opportunity to spa-nser one of these pitstops in exchange for some additional brand exposure by branding the ″spa″ area and therapists’ uniforms, or including a lead generation component that asks attendees to share their email address in order to register for a spa service are both good ideas.
Once you’ve created a set of ‘irresistible’ sponsorship packages, make sure that your sponsorship prospectus is just as attractive to potential sponsors.In our upcoming blog article for event organizers, we’ll go through the steps to take in order to produce a spectacular event prospectus.Learn how to construct sponsorship packages in SponsorMyEvent by watching this video.If you sign up for our newsletter, The Ticket, you’ll receive a curated selection of the finest event marketing material from across the web every week, including our own postings as well as our favorite articles from other event planning and marketing magazines.
3 Different Ways to Create Sponsorship Packages
1st of March, 2018 As your staff develops and expands, it’s only natural for your expenditures to rise in tandem with them.As a result, you’ll almost certainly find yourself in the position of having to acquire a sponsor for your sports team.As regular readers of our blog will be aware, we have written on a variety of issues linked to team sponsorship.Throughout this post, we want to provide realistic approaches to developing and structuring your sponsorship packages.Let’s get started right away!
3 Ways to Create Sponsorship Packages
There are a plethora of options for putting up an appealing sponsorship package for your club. In this piece, we’ll go through the three most prevalent methods that sports teams organize their sponsorship packages, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Tiered Sponsorship Packages
- Packages of sponsorship with varying levels of exposure are the most prevalent form of sponsorship provided. You will need to develop many sponsorship levels for this package, each of which will provide more and more advantages as the sponsorship level is increased. Depending on the size of your team, the size of your fan base, and the advantages you can give, you can keep it simple and establish three levels of sponsorship, or you may go higher and create four or five levels of sponsorship. Advertising space on your website, promotion to your email list/social media following, a banner on your grounds or stadium, a brand on the team’s uniform or other signs, and other benefits are all possible. You can charge a recurring fee on an annual or monthly basis. Advantages of tiered sponsorship packages include: A package that is suited to the size and financial ability of the potential sponsor is something you can provide.
- A good sponsor partnership may give your team with continuing financial assistance.
- The disadvantages of tiered sponsorship packages are that you will invariably come across firms who do not have a huge budget but would want and may benefit from the amenities given in higher-priced sponsorship packages
- It might be difficult to strike the correct balance between different package levels.
A three-year sponsorship deal with Kawana Football Club is required of all sponsors. The club provides multiple tiers of sponsorship packages, each of which has a distinct set of amenities.
When you solicit event sponsorships, you are providing potential sponsors with the opportunity to be marketed at the event if they choose to sponsor it.If you want to design a single package for the most popular event of the season, which frequently sells out its seats and draws large crowds, you may do so.It is possible to offer them an advertising position on the stadium banner, a public service announcement during the halftime break, as well as some of the advantages stated above, such as having their emblem on your team’s shirt or other promotional materials.Despite the fact that it is typical to give a single price for this sort of bundle, you may develop several tiers in order to meet different budgets in this case.Examples include a high-profile match with fewer benefits, as well as a smaller event with more benefits, both of which are possible.Pros of event sponsorship include: High-profile matches that take place during the peak of the season or that are likely to draw a large number of spectators and receive extensive media coverage may be an extremely attractive and lucrative proposition for potential sponsors.
The disadvantages of event sponsorship include the fact that the one-time pay may not be sufficient to fulfill your team’s financial demands.
As you can see in the picture below, Drogheda United provides two levels of event sponsorship, each of which comes with a number of additional perks.
- In addition, you may elect to place the responsibility on your sponsor’s shoulders by asking for donations rather than a recurring sponsorship charge. While some people believe that they have no influence over the amount of money they get in contributions, you may request a particular amount of money in exchange for your gift. The number of advantages people obtain is determined on the amount of money they provide. Alternatively, you might ask for contributions of new or gently used equipment. Donation proponents include: Donations, in a similar vein to tiered packages, can be arranged to include a variety of various benefits according on the amount of money donated.
- A one-time gift, rather than a recurring cost, may be more appealing to businesses than a recurring fee.
- You are not required to request only monetary items
- you may want other types of commodities as well.
- Cons of collecting donations: Obtaining a significant number of donations necessitates approaching more businesses than you would with a sponsorship package.
- When you approach the same business or firm for a gift more than a couple of times, it might come across as bothersome.
Disadvantages of collecting donations: In order to collect a substantial quantity of donations, you must contact more businesses than you would with a sponsorship package.
If you approach the same business or firm for a gift more than a couple of times, it might come across as bothersome.
Which Package Structure Should You Use
You might be thinking which structure is the best option for you.Each of the packages listed below has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.Make use of them as a starting point to select where to begin.If you’re just getting started with sponsorships, it can be a good idea to start with contributions and work your way up to more elaborate packages later on.If you already have expertise collecting donations, you might want to consider developing a tier-based package or moving into event sponsorships.This is especially true if you have a clear sense of which events would be most appealing to prospective sponsors.
- It is important to remember to take into account the size of your team, your degree of expertise, and the amount of supporters you currently have, since these factors will influence some of the benefits and perks you may provide.
- Take note, however, that none of the examples provided above restricted their sponsorship offers to a specific package format.
- Instead, they are utilizing all of the foregoing, as well as a few additional chances, to provide a variety of sponsorship packages for corporations and people to support their squad.
This enables them to accommodate to any budget and any business size while still providing the bare minimum of necessary support to their clients.
How to Display Your Sponsorship Packages on Your Site
Once you’ve decided on the sort of sponsorship package you want to develop, you’ll need to figure out how you’re going to present it on your website.The most straightforward method is to build a page on your website that has the essential information about all of the sponsorship packages you provide.Each package should include a call-to-action, which should be in the form of a link or a button that directs potential sponsors to a form on your website, where they can contact you and seek further information.Once they have completed the form, you may give them a sponsorship package in PDF format, which contains more information about your company.Instead, you may submit a PDF or Word document version of your sponsorship package and link to it from the page containing the sponsorship package information.Include your contact information, as well as a link to an application form, in the package.
Get Creative With Your Sponsorship Packages
The examples provided above are only a few of the many possible approaches to developing a sponsorship package.Make use of them as a jumping-off point, and don’t be afraid to go outside the box and be inventive with your solutions.Also, don’t forget to download our cheatsheet so that you may keep it on hand as an inspiration when it comes time to recruit sponsors for your team’s fundraising efforts.
How to Create a Sponsorship Package For Your Team
2nd of May, 2018 It is likely that you are aware that getting a sponsor for your team may make a variety of tasks much more manageable.If your team is in desperate need of funding, getting sponsors is a wonderful approach to guarantee that you may put money where it is most needed by your organization.Depending on the situation, this might entail anything from purchasing new equipment to ensuring that your venue fees are met.As a regular reader of our blog, you may recall that we’ve shown you how to find sponsors for your team, how to add new sponsors to your website using the Sponsors feature in SportsPress, and how to use your community and club members to find new sponsors.In this post, we’ll show you how to find sponsors for your team.In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of developing a sponsorship package for your team, including what should be included and how to price it appropriately.
What to Include in Your Sponsorship Package
Let’s start with the items that are absolutely necessary in your sponsorship package.In the first place, it must give benefits to both the team and the company or corporation that is giving the sponsorship money.Your sponsorship package should satisfy your key objectives, clearly describe the duties of the sponsor, and provide metrics that will assist both you and the sponsor in evaluating the effectiveness of the sponsorship.The following are the components that must be included in your sponsorship package.
Start With Your Profile
The first item on the to-do list is to provide a brief introduction to your staff.As a mini-version of your About page, think of this part as follows: The year your team was created, the total number of players on your roster, the size of your following (think social media followers, email list subscribers, and fan club members), and any notable successes, accolades, or individual player performance numbers should all be included.It’s also a good idea to provide information about your website, such as the amount of visitors and pageviews you receive on a monthly basis, if you want to offer banners on your site as a reward to your sponsors.Finally, if you obtain media attention, whether it’s from your local television or radio station or from your local newspaper, be sure to include that information as well in your resume.
A List of Sponsorship Requirements
Following that, you must create a list of the standards that your sponsors must satisfy.You’ll want to give a brief description of your team and use straightforward language to clarify your expectations.A cash gift that will be utilized to purchase new equipment or book a venue for a forthcoming season or competition is one example of what is meant by this.You can also add expenses such as travel to and from tournaments and marketing expenses.
A List of Benefits For The Sponsors
- In order to attract potential sponsors, you must first offer them with a list of the benefits that they would get. When you stop to think about it, showing someone what they stand to gain by investing in you is typically the most successful method of motivating them to do so. In addition to increased brand awareness, exposure to new demographics, and referral clients due to an unique discount code, there are several more advantages to consider.
Copyright: bwylezich / 123RF Stock Photo 123RF Stock Photo The only thing that limits you when it comes to the advantages is your own creativity, so don’t be scared to think outside of the box.
Define the Scope of the Package
- The scope of your package must be defined now that you have outlined the criteria and advantages of your package. For optimum results, design tiered sponsorship packages that define the strategies you’ll employ to attain the benefits outlined above in order to attract a diverse variety of sponsors. Some techniques include: a guaranteed advertising position in your venue or on your website for a year or more
- a guaranteed logo inclusion on your equipment for a year or more
- and a guaranteed advertising spot in your venue or on your website for a year or more.
- The rights to name your team’s mascot or official venue
- the use of their emblem on your team’s uniform
- and more.
- Increased exposure through your social media platforms
- Email list promotion
- a shout-out during video replays
- media attention if your matches and tournaments are aired or covered by other media
- and more.
- And much more
Image courtesy of rawpixel / 123RF Stock Photo You’ll want to add information such as the length of time the sponsorship package is valid, cancellation and refund rules, the cost of renewal, and the pricing of each package.
Furthermore, you’ll want to determine which measures will be utilized to evaluate the performance of your sponsorship.You will be able to determine if the price of the sponsorship package adds to your bottom line or if it produces more expenditures for you without allowing you to break even.When it comes to sponsors, the measurements will be broken down into two categories: concrete results and less tangible outcomes.If their audience size rose or their sales statistics improved as a result of their sponsorship of you, those are real and clearly quantifiable outcomes.On the other side, less tangible outcomes might include things like enhanced brand exposure, greater customer loyalty, brand perception within a new target group, and other things.Once you and your potential sponsor have agreed on the kind of metrics you’ll use, create a paper outlining how you’ll track and analyze them (for example, using a referral tracking software or analytics on yours and their website, keeping track of their followers on social media, social listening, and similar).
Call to Action
- A call to action should be included as the final component in your bundle. Despite the fact that this part does not have to be extremely extensive, it should include the following information: Your contact information, including your email address, mobile phone number, social network handles, and website URL
- You have received an invitation to your match or event.
- A simple thank-you letter with a link to your Sponsors’ page on your website is appropriate.
How to Price Your Sponsorship Packages
We will quickly examine the cost of your sponsorship package now that you have an understanding of what should be included in your package.As previously said, offering different levels of service is a smart idea.A monthly recurring charge or a yearly payment plan are also options for structuring the pricing.As an alternative to simply asking for general club sponsorship, you might put up specific plans for events and competitions.Depending on how many matches or events your team participates in, as well as the number of people who attend each game and the number of visits to your website, you can expect to pay a different amount for your package.For example, if your website receives a thousand unique visits each month, you may give your advertisers 1000 monthly impressions based on the number of unique visitors received.
- Therefore, if you have a cost per impression that is worth $0.20, you may charge $200 for a display banner on your website.
- As an example, if you play around 15 matches every season and each match is attended by 500 people, you may generate 7,500 impressions in a single season.
- Assuming that a corporation assigns a $0.40 value to such impression, you might possibly charge $3000 for one of your packages.
Remember that not all first impressions are created equal.A giant banner at your venue will be worth far more than a simple tweet, so be sure you include this in your package pricing.
Create an Amazing Sponsorship Package For Your Team
You should now be well-versed in the process of putting up a fantastic sponsorship package for your club. Use our post as a guide to walk you through the process, and download our sponsorship package template to get started right now.
5 Awesome Tips for Creating Corporate Sponsorship Packages
Donor-supported corporate sponsorships are no longer an unusual occurrence in the nonprofit sector.Corporations are becoming more active in philanthropy endeavors, corporate giving projects, and general service activities than they ever have before, thanks to the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility.Businesses are actively seeking charitable organizations with whom to engage and support in today’s environment.The situation, however, is not straightforward!Nonprofits must continue to be proactive in their search for, engagement with, and signing of corporate sponsors, which means creating the ideal corporate sponsorship package becomes even more critical to their success.Writing a fast email and sending it to the firm down the street isn’t enough when it comes to putting up a corporate sponsorship package.
- Your corporate sponsorship packages must be interesting, involved, and engaging enough to attract the attention of a person in charge of corporate partnership or community giving in order to be taken seriously and recognized by your community, bigger corporations, and the nonprofit industry in general.
- In this post, we’ll take a close look at the five most important aspects of putting up the ideal corporate sponsorship package:
- Recognize the main components of a business sponsorship package
- Create a persuasive corporate sponsorship request for your organization.
- Make your business sponsorship package stand out from the crowd.
- Provide the appropriate levels of corporate sponsorship
- Create a streamlined method for obtaining corporate sponsorships.
Tip1: Understand the essentials of a corporate sponsorship package
Every single year, dozens (if not hundreds) of non-profit organizations approach corporations for financial assistance (either financial or underwriting).You must develop a personal message that explains why the company is a good fit for your nonprofit in order to form a long-term connection with them – one that will change them from one-time corporate donors into long-term supporters.It is customary to send corporate sponsorship packages to potential corporate sponsors in order to communicate with them and provide them with the chance to become engaged with your cause.They are also a fantastic method to spread the news about your organization, its objective, and the various ways in which corporations may assist in your endeavors as well.The company’s representatives also offer a brief description of what you will deliver the company in exchange for their help (e,g, tickets, promotion, advertising, public recognition, brand awareness, etc.).An explanation of your nonprofit objective, prospective sponsorship levels available, and the appropriate material for the corporation to reply to your request are all standard package components.
Tip2: Craft a compelling corporate sponsorship solicitation
Using good old-fashioned corporate sponsorship letters to communicate with a possible business partner is still the most effective method of communicating. Letters provide your team with the opportunity to promote your team’s successes, mission, demographics, impact, and collaboration options for a possible sponsor in a professional manner.
Here are some things to keep in mind while writing your corporate sponsorship letter:
It may seem like a little step, but it is critical to personalize your letter by include information about their company, their giving history, and the reasons why your collaboration is essential to them. Make certain to include the person’s name, position, and mailing address.
Appeal to their emotions.
If there was ever a time when it was appropriate to tug at the heartstrings, this is it. Include information about the founding and growth of your nonprofit organization, the services you give your beneficiaries, the effect of your cause, and what you intend to do with the monies you have received.
Come out and ask.
Sponsorship solicitation letters should not be sent out for an excessive amount of time. Get right to the point and ask your question directly, boldly, and promptly. Provide an explanation of your position and place the ball in their court.
Follow up as soon as possible.
Possibly the most essential time to express gratitude is right now. Follow up with them a day or two after they have received the solicitation to see if they have any further questions or if they have a response to your query. Make sure to offer them a modest sign of your appreciation regardless of whether or not they opt to join.
Tip3: Personalize your corporate sponsorship package.
You have to admit that corporate sponsorships are unlike anything else that your organization will ever receive.They are often big gifts given with the knowledge that this is not a one-and-done type of relationship.Corporate sponsorships are designed to be long-term commitments, which implies both parties must be committed to the sponsorship.Consider taking your time and personalizing your corporate sponsorship package instead of rushing it to boost your chances of getting a yes from the charitable organization.
You can personalize your corporate sponsorship package by:
Adding compelling visuals.
Include photographs of your beneficiaries, the job you’re doing, your team, your board of directors, and other relevant information. Also consider including some photographs of previous events or sponsor signs to give them a sense of what they will be receiving in exchange for their sponsorship.
Offering unique incentives.
Each and every company that sponsors an event is not made equal. While some groups may want signs at an event as a thank you for their participation, others may prefer something completely different. Customize your reward programs and incentives to satisfy the specific demands of your target partner and his or her charitable giving history.
Sending from someone high-up.
The same can’t be said for all business sponsors. As a thank you for their participation, some groups may want signage at an event; while, others may prefer something else. Develop incentives and perks that are specifically tailored to your target partner’s demands and giving history in order to maximize their participation and satisfaction.
Tip4: Offer the right corporate sponsorship levels.
Figuring out how to communicate return on investment (ROI) may be difficult for organizations, and corporate sponsors expect even greater transparency into this statistic than is often required.It is important for organizations to remember that every company is different when it comes to establishing a clear benchmark for return on investment (ROI).However, while you should have the same sponsorship levels for all of your corporate sponsors (this just makes things easier for your internal staff), you may experiment with what various sponsors receive in exchange for each of these levels.It is necessary to choose the right sponsorship levels and incentives based on the sorts of sponsors you are attempting to attract.Asking for bigger donations amounts is not suitable when working with smaller non-profit organizations.It is possible that large firms, on the other hand, are better prepared to satisfy these demands.
- Keep in mind that you should give a range of sponsorship alternatives to accommodate donors of different shapes and sizes.
Tip5: Make securing your corporate sponsorship a seamless process.
- While putting up your corporate sponsorship packages is vital, it’s equally crucial to consider what a sponsor will do with the package once they’ve decided to accept your invitation to participate. In order to do this, you must provide your sponsors with the information they require in order for them to act and take the initial steps toward becoming a corporate sponsor. Make sure to include the following items in your package: There will be a full breakdown of the sponsorship package tiers and what is included in each one.
- In case the sponsor has any questions or reservations about your team, make sure to provide all of their contact information.
- A remittance envelope with postage pre-paid
- URL to an online payment option that will allow corporate sponsors to explore multiple packages, choose the one that best suits their needs, make payments, and interact with other sponsors
- A section under ″next steps″ that describes the next part of the sponsorship agreement
Now that you’ve learned the five techniques to assist you maximize corporate sponsors, gather your team, your committee, or yourself and get started on the road to partnership achievement.
Event Sponsorship Package Basics
Events rely on sponsors for a significant portion of their income, so make certain that you are able to provide competitive and valuable event sponsorship package alternatives.A sponsorship package for an event is simply your ″pitch″ to potential sponsors on why they should select you above other events or channels in which they may invest their money.That’s why it’s so important to understand the aims and objectives of current sponsors, as well as those of potential new sponsors, before moving forward.A requirement for customization of event sponsorship package features, the establishment of connections with attendees, the integration of various event technology platforms used throughout the event for maximum brand exposure, and, of course, a desire to maximize return on investment are among the most frequently expressed requirements.If you include all of these requirements in your event sponsorship package options, you will almost certainly generate incredible event earnings as well as devoted sponsors who will return year after year.The following are the two most prevalent approaches to developing event sponsorship packages:
- This is the usual strategy in which a range of elements are included in the event sponsorship package options based on the degree of sponsorship.
- In the A La Carte Sponsorship Model, flexibility and customization in the event sponsorship package are essential to meeting the demands of sponsors who have special requirements or ambitions.
1) The Tiered Sponsorship Model
A step-by-step overview of how to construct a tiered sponsorship model that incorporates event technology elements is provided below.
Step 1: Create Tier Levels
Typically, tiers are labeled as Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Exhibitor, but you have a great deal of creative license in naming the levels whatever you believe best matches your event theme or brand. If you have any questions, please contact us. Take this opportunity to make it sound entertaining and interesting to potential sponsors.
Step 2: Decide Quantities Per Tier
In order to meet your event income targets, you must first establish how many event sponsorship packages of each tier level you will need to sell.This is the second phase.Because of the exclusivity of the sponsorship package, the more you may vary the sponsorship package the more restricted the quantity is.As a result, sponsors will be more likely to commit sooner, allowing you to more accurately forecast your income and better organize your event.
Step 3: Distribute Sponsorship Benefits Per Tier
As the tier rises in prestige and exclusivity, the quantity of high-value rewards increases proportionally.We at EventMobi assist our clients in developing their event sponsorship packages to reflect the advantages of using an event app.The following is an illustration of a tiered sponsorship model: Free Resource: You may download this helpful document that demonstrates how to construct sponsorship packages for event technology.
The A La Carte Sponsorship Model
The a la carte sponsorship model approach is a different strategy for sponsors that are aiming to accomplish particular goals or outcomes with their support. This can include things like attendance participation or brand exposure. The following is an example of a la carte sponsorship packages that are dependent on the stages of an event’s lifetime.
- Ensure that the sponsor’s logo appears on your event registration website and on any marketing materials promoting the event, such as registration invitation emails.
- Provide sponsors with social media shout-outs in order to market their products.
- Encourage session attendance by promoting the speakers who are sponsored by your organization.
- When encouraging registration, be sure to include any pre-event sponsored prizes.
Event App Design
- Include the sponsor’s logo and a full description of the company in the sponsorship section of the event application.
- The logo of the sponsor should be shown on the results screen for all live polls, the homepage, and/or the map page.
- Link to downloadable resources given by the sponsor, such as brochures or product collateral.
- If gamification is being used at the event, incorporate challenges that require attendees to engage with sponsors and visit their booths in order to earn points and rewards.
- Incorporate sponsor incentives and/or freebies into gamification challenges to increase their likelihood of success.
- Send tailored alerts or push notifications with the sponsor’s logo to the appropriate recipients
- Send out sponsored emails to a specific portion of your audience to increase brand awareness.
- Allowing sponsors to communicate with participants one-on-one through a chat or message tool is recommended.
- Print and/or display the sponsor’s logo on any printed and/or digital marketing materials or signs that will be exhibited at the event registration area
- Competitions and/or giveaways by your sponsors should be held on-site.
Attendees should get a post-event email or survey that includes the sponsor’s logo and/or mentions the sponsor.
This is only a quick introduction of some of the concepts that may be included in the two most typical forms of event sponsorship packages, and it is not intended to be comprehensive. Download our eBook, How to Create a Sponsorship Strategy that Maximizes Event Revenue, for a more in-depth look at how to create competitive and engaging event sponsorship packages. Now is the time to download
Short 5-Step Guide on Creating Event Sponsorship Packages
Creating Event Sponsorship Packages in 5 Easy Steps: A Quick and Easy Guide When your company or brand is the only one in charge of marketing for an event, it can be difficult to plan and execute the event.We may require the assistance and endorsements of other businesses from time to time in order to expand our audience reach.Other times, we require additional cash and a larger budget in order to meet the demands of our events.You will be able to accomplish all of this if you secure sponsorship for your event.In addition to providing funding for your events, these sponsors also gain the attention of their existing following.Their presence at your event, as well as their collaboration with you, can stimulate interest among their customers and provide an incentive for them to attend your event.
- The most effective approach to collaborate with brands and businesses is through the purchase of an event sponsorship package.
- It should be a top priority on your event preparation checklist to have a clear picture of the sponsorship packages you are offering.
- When creating a sponsorship package, brands and corporations can understand exactly what they will receive as a result of the collaboration.
Are you wondering how to develop an event sponsorship package?Here’s a simple guide on what you should be doing at all times.
1. Create a Sponsorship Plan
- When you’re discussing event planning ideas, don’t forget to include your sponsorship strategy as well. This might assist you in getting a clear picture of how many tiers or sorts of packages you’ll be able to provide to your customers. It is defined as delivering tiered degrees of various benefits to businesses in exchange for their support or financial contribution to an event planner’s endeavor. If you are still in the planning stages, you will learn how to convince brands and corporations to sponsor you based on the materials and activities that will be present at your event
- printed promotional materials such as banners or programs, special guests, and so on. You have the option of creating minor and major sponsorship levels, each with its own set of perks and advantages. When it comes to the more well-known organizations, you may create an Event Partner tier where they will receive specific benefits such as having a part dedicated to advertising their company or brand. This might make your event more appealing to businesses who may be interested in participating. Examples of sponsorship packages for events include: Branded merchandise
- a featured article or blog post about their support
- banners or signs advertising their presence at the event
- the opportunity to have an exclusive space at the event
- social media mentions
- guest speakers or representatives speak at the event
- inclusion on programs or during presentations
- and other opportunities to promote their presence.
2. Identify Key Companies
- If you are planning an event, it is critical to identify firms and brands that are associated with the subject or goal of the event. In addition to increasing your ticket sales, collaborating with firms and brands that have the same vision or aims may help develop your brand’s image and strengthen your brand’s reputation. Similarly, by reaching out to comparable businesses, you may expand your network and make valuable contacts that will be advantageous to you in the future. Not all of the firms and brands with whom you collaborate must have the same vision or aim. If you don’t have any specific aims in mind, you might look for huge firms that can assist you in generating interest in your organization, thereby reaching a larger audience, and achieving your objectives. Also, think about working with businesses in which a large number of people are interested. They do not have to be household names or well-known corporations, but rather firms that provide important services and items that the majority of people are interested in trying or are currently using. As part of their sponsorship agreements, these firms can provide incentives and discounts for their services, allowing you to take advantage of them. How can you decide if a different firm would be a good fit for your occasion? Investigate the following on their website or learn more about them when you speak with them: Their mission statement, aims, and values are listed below.
- Their accomplishments to date, as well as what they plan to accomplish in the future
- There is no need to be concerned if their target market is different from yours
- marketing method
- and whether or not their target market would be interested in your events, goods, or services.
- Testimonials and feedback from previous customers may be found here.
- Are they based in the area? How well-known are they in the region where your event will be held?
3. Reach Out Early
When it comes to forming partnerships with businesses and brands, time is of the key.It can potentially take up to a month or two before you receive a response to your email.The sooner you contact these businesses, the more time you will have to fine-tune the terms of your relationship and come up with a solution that is beneficial to both sides.When it comes to reaching out to more well-known companies, this is quite significant.They get enquiries on a daily basis, so you might want to give them a little extra time to react to your offer.In addition, more well-known corporations have longer sponsorship approval procedures, thus having more time implies having more possibilities to close the sponsorship agreement.
4. Personalize Your Offers
While this is not a mandatory step, customizing your offers might assist you in making these organizations and brands feel more welcome in your company.You’re putting up a unique sponsorship package for businesses with which you’d want to collaborate in order to assist you create a solid working relationship with them.They will also understand that you appreciate their business and that you truly want them to be a part of your event as a result of this.Additionally, by engaging with their firm, rather than sending out a generic email to a large number of organizations and hoping for three or four responses, reach out to them individually and advise them of your plans.Not only does this make your contacts with others more personal, but it also makes it simpler for you to keep track of the specifics of the transaction before it is finalized and closed.Additionally, this is the stage at which you will go through the more specific elements of their respective responsibilities in the event.
- For example, if you want a speaker from their organization to talk on a certain topic, now is the moment to advise them of your requirements.
- This is also the point at which you and that firm will establish the branding that will be used throughout the event.
- An example of an event sponsorship email to send to local businesses is as follows: ″Good day, NAME OF CONTACT, YOUR COMPANY OR EVENT NAME would like to extend an invitation to THEIR COMPANY NAME to participate in our celebration of ENTER EVENT NAME AND/OR OTHER EVENT-RELATED ACTIVITIES.
During this event, we will be performing the following activities: LIST OF ACTIVITIES AND PURPOSE OF EVENT This event will take place in the neighborhood, and we are asking for local companies and organizations to join forces with us and participate.Your participation would not only benefit our event, but it would also demonstrate support and draw attention to the necessity of identifying the MISSION OF YOUR EVENT (WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?).If you’re interested in joining our efforts and providing assistance, please review the event sponsorship packages that have been attached to this email and make your selection.
- Events such as ours are vital to our community, and we would love for you to be a part of them as well!
- If I haven’t heard back from you within a few days, I will contact you again.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions by responding to this email or phoning PHONE NUMBER.
Sincerely, YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION″
5. Finalize Everything Weeks Before the Event
By now, you’ve probably already compiled a short list of the brands and businesses with which you’d want to collaborate on the event.In order to fine-tune the intricacies of their duties during the event, make sure you’re in continual communication with these organizations.To complete this phase, you must first request their advertising and promotional materials before confirming the sponsorship terms and agreements.In order to conclude the flow of events during the event itself, it is necessary to complete this stage.Doing this ahead of time also gives you more breathing room in the event that something untoward occurs, such as a partner pulling out or a speaker being unable to make it to the event.Conclusion The process of organizing an event can be time-consuming.
- It becomes much more difficult when attempting to get sponsors to assist in defraying the costs of the event and making it even more appealing to potential viewers.
- With these suggestions, you’ll be able to put up sponsorship packages that are enticing to brands and businesses in no time.
- Visit this site for further information on persuading businesses to sponsor you or your event if you want to learn more.
Alina Burakova is the author of this piece.Alina Burakova is a seasoned writer with a long list of accomplishments under her belt.Her essays