You can receive help with a package you mailed or are expecting at all locations, as long as it was sent through the USPS and not UPS or FedEx. If you need help with a package, having a tracking number will speed the process along. Remember to only call the local post office when the location is open.
To find a local USPS number for a specific post office, use the ‘Locations’ link on the USPS website and enter your location. You can call the national USPS number at 1-800-275-8777.
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or TTY: 1-800-877-8339. Speak to the station manager (postmaster) at a local post office. Contact the district the postal consumer and industry affairs office that handles questions for your district.
How do I get my order sent to the post office?
Look for the Local Collect option when shopping online Choose from 10,500 Post Offices to collect your item You can opt to have your order sent directly to your local Post Office branch. Next time you’re ordering on Amazon, look out for the Local Collect option when reviewing your order during the checkout process.
How do you get a stamp booklet from the post office?
Alternatively, customers can call the USPS customer service hotline or email the USPS via its website to find information about local post offices. The USPS locator tool also provides the locations of collections boxes and USPS-approved postal providers that can sell stamp booklets.
How do I call locally directly from the post office?
When a customer calls 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777), the customer service telephone number for the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS®), they will hear a greeting, then a language choice option (press 2 for Spanish).
Can I call USPS to see where my package is?
You may call this phone number to obtain additional information on USPS Text Tracking: 1-800-222-1811. To obtain help from your mobile device, use any of the following: HELP, INFO, or AIDE.
How do I contact USPS by email?
[email protected] This is the USPS ‘Postal One’ service, which can answer technical questions.
How do I contact the post office?
Please contact us on 0860 111 502 for all queries, complaints, compliments, advise or information that you require about our postal services.
How do I know if USPS is holding my mail?
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)
- Monday thru Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
- Sundays and Holidays: Closed
- Please Note: Automated information is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
How do I track exactly where my package is?
Navigate to www.stamps.com/shipstatus/. Enter the USPS tracking number (to find it, simply look at the bottom of a shipping label) in the search bar; do not include any dashes or spaces. Click on “Check Status”. View the scan history and status information of your package.
Did USPS lose my package?
If it has been lost, late or missing for 7 days or more, you can: Go to for additional information: Find Missing Mail on USPS.com. Submit a Missing Mail search request at MissingMail.USPS.com. File a claim (for insured items meeting the appropriate timeframe).
How do I know where my package is from UPS?
Go to www.UPS.com and select your location. Enter your tracking number at the top left corner of the page and click “Track.” The tracking information will show where the package was sent from.
How do I Find my local post office?
The quickest way to find out which post office delivers your mail is by searching online. The USPS suggests locating your local USPS locations by using the Service Locator tool on its website, which will have the most up-to-date and accurate information about the correct post office for a given street address.
How do you locate your post office?
Banks, non-banking financial companies, and the post office offer these instruments have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made
How to Contact a Local Post Office
- If you are seeking for tracking information on an item you have sent or plan to receive, or if you are having any problems with your mail delivery, you will need to contact your local post office.
- Because we live in such a technologically advanced society, it’s tempting to imagine that anything and everything can be done online.
- However, contacting your local post office must be done over the phone or in person.
Find Location Via Website
- If you’re not sure where your local post office is, you may look it up on the United States Postal Service (USPS) website to see which office is closest to you.
- Select the location type after you have arrived at the website and have reached the Find Locations page.
- Choose from a variety of options including normal post office assistance, self-service kiosk options such as passports and pick-up services, and much more.
- After that, enter your city and state, or your zip code.
- Select the number of miles, and the results will be displayed after submitting the form.
What to Do Next
- The address and hours of operation of the location nearest to your house are displayed once you have found it.
- Some of the locations also indicate their opening and closing times.
- If you want to contact the post office, you may type the address that appears in the search results into Google and it will take you there.
- The phone number should appear on the screen.
- A last alternative exists in the event that you cannot locate the phone number for a given place at all.
- In order to gain more assistance, you can call 800-ASK-USPS.
The agent will be able to provide you with the phone number of any post office location that you want information on.
What Service Do You Need?
- Prior to making a journey to your local post office, choose which sort of service or services you are in desperate need of. In the case of a passport, it is crucial to understand that not all post office locations will be able to assist you with your request. You may either phone ahead of time or utilize the USPS online location finder to determine which locations offer the services you want. Bringing all of the papers you’ll need for a passport will save you from having to go back to the office a second time. To apply for a passport, you will need the following documents: Proof of citizenship in the United States
- Military or driver’s license as proof of identification
- color passport photograph
- check or money order for the passport cost
- and other documents as required.
If you have a parcel that you have mailed or that you are anticipating, you can get assistance at any location as long as it was delivered through the USPS rather than UPS or FedEx. If you want assistance with a shipment, having a tracking number will make the process go more quickly.
How Do I Find the Telephone Number of the U.S. Post Office?
- Whether your company wants to report a missing item, receive assistance with mail delivery, or ask inquiries about your local post office, the United States Postal Service (USPS) makes it simple to get in touch with them over the phone and its website.
- If you are looking for contact information for a local post office, you may use the USPS location locator tool to find out what hours they are open and whether or not a postal worker will be accessible.
- The United States Postal Support website also has a nationwide customer service number that you may contact to receive assistance from an automated system or to talk with a live customer service representative.
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read)
To get a local USPS number for a certain post office, go to the USPS website and click on the ″Locations″ tab. Then input your location information. You can reach the United States Postal Service at 1-800-275-8777.
Find Your Local USPS Number
- If you need to find information about post office hours, resolve a problem with local mail delivery, or inquire about a service offered at a certain post office, you may contact that site directly.
- An easy-to-use lookup tool on the USPS website can assist you in locating contact information and other details for the post office location that is closest to you.
- You may go to the United States Postal Service’s official website and click on the ″Locations″ link at the top of the page to bring up a form in which you can either input your city and state or your ZIP Code to receive a response.
- Instead, you may click the ″Use Current Position″ link to have your web browser identify your location and enter your coordinates into the location search form.
- This method is more efficient.
- You’ll want to choose ″Post Offices″ from the ″Location Sorts″ option once you’ve entered your location in order to eliminate results for other types of shipping facilities.
After that, you may click ″Search″ to get a list of results for the nearest post office.If you choose the location for which you are seeking from the list, you will be able to view specific information such as the local phone and fax numbers, post office hours, the address, as well as any on-site and online services that are available.When phoning the local USPS number, be sure to double-check the retail hours indicated so that you may speak with an actual human being.
Call the Main USPS Customer Service
- When you need to call the national number for the United States Postal Service to check post office tracking, purchase stamps, update your address, arrange a mail hold, lookup ZIP Codes, or for any other general inquiries, you may dial 1-800-275-8777.
- This puts you in touch with the customer service center, which is open from 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m.
- EST Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- EST on Saturdays and Sundays.
This automated system employs a number of menu selections to assist you in resolving your issue or obtaining the information you want.You may expect to be guided through the system via audio prompts, which will include questions about your call and your location.If the automated choices do not provide a satisfactory solution, you should be given the option of speaking with a live representative.
- Before you hang up, keep in mind that the USPS may ask you to participate in a survey regarding your customer service experience.
Consider Contacting USPS Online
- Alternatively, you may visit the website’s ″Contact Us″ page, where you will discover a link to email typical queries instead of contacting the Postal Service.
- You may, for example, seek information on package tracking, report missing mail, request delivery, inquire about nearby post offices, and record a negative encounter with a postal carrier using this service.
- The United States Postal Service recommends sending as much data as possible, such as tracking numbers, shipment dates, and addresses, so that you may receive a useful response as promptly as possible.
- You can also take use of the numerous services available on the United States Postal Service website.
- The ″Quick Tools″ section allows you to monitor parcels, change your address, rent a post office box, look up postage rates, and put your mail on hold while you are away.
- The United States Postal Service website also allows you to purchase postage, schedule mail pickups, and obtain free shipping materials.
Contacting my Royal Mail Local Delivery Office
- I have to agree with the royal mail’s alarming automated method, which I find to be rather shocking.
- I have submitted my information and have finally reached the finish after 20 minutes, only to be disconnected.
- It took 15 minutes and a lot of navigation to even get through to a customer support representative, and then I was met by a nasty, non-listening individual.
- What exactly is going on with this horrible and poor service?
- I just wanted to get in touch with my local delivery pickup facility, which is even stated on the company’s website as an official location.
- There are no direct phone numbers, there is no human to speak to, and there is a great deal of anguish and aggravation.
That this country has gone to the dogs is no surprise given that our once adored royal mail is now more like royal garbage.Don’t even get me started on some of the postmen and postwomen we’ve been dealing with lately.I’d best put an end to this rant!
- Despite the fact that I am a very capable and business-minded individual, this shite of a communication system gave me a headache.
- My mother has no chance, and I dare guess that most older people would have severe difficulties, if not impossible, communicating with anybody or understanding this shite.
- Find the most convenient method to contact and interact with the United States Postal Service®.
- Right from your computer, you may complete a brief form or receive recommendations on how to resolve some of the most prevalent problems.
- If you still want assistance, please read the contact information provided below for technical support, postal store orders, and other services.
- Fill out our online form to provide us with some information about your problem.
- Please supply as much information as you are able.
- Find the nearest USPS location by entering the city and state or ZIP CodeTM in the search box.
Learn about the company’s contact information, hours of operation, and more.Federal holidays are observed by the closure of postal facilities.See a complete list of all upcoming USPS holidays and events by clicking here.
- Connect with one of our customer service specialists to assist you in resolving your issue and getting back on the road to recovery.
- USPS® Customer Service can be reached by email or by phone at 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777) Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
- 8 a.m.
to 8:30 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) – TTY are provided by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).Accessibility for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or have speech difficulties can communicate with the United States Postal Service through the FCC’s TRS program, which is as follows: TTY calls can be placed by calling 7-1-1 or the number for your state’s telecommunications relay service (TRS).
- Visit the FCC’s TRS by State and Territory website for further information.
- To get started, find your state or territory in the alphabetical table.
- Locate the section titled ″TRS Telephone Numbers″ to obtain the precise number you want.
- More information, as well as a complete list of services, may be found at FCC Telecommunications Relay Services. Whenever a website application or form fails to function properly, the Technical Support staff may assist with the problem. You can reach us by phone if you are having difficulties with any of the following: Click-N-Ship®, File a Claim, PO Boxes, The Postal Store®, and USPS accounts are all available.
- 1-800-344-7779 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
- 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m.
- Eastern Time Saturday 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- Eastern Time Support for Informed Delivery If you require assistance with your Informed Delivery service, please contact Informed Delivery User Support through email.
Use any search box on USPS.com to look up the most current status of your packages.Enter your tracking number in any search box on USPS.com to look up your packages.It is important to note that the tracking information provided to customer support professionals is the same information that can be found on USPS Tracking®.
- In the event that you have another issue with your package and would want to talk with a representative, please contact us.
- 1-800-222-1811 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
- 8 a.m.
to 8:30 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time See the following sites if you need assistance with stamps or other US Postal Service items : 1-844-737-7826 If you have any queries concerning stamps or orders done via The Postal Store®, please call them.Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.
to 8 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.
Eastern Time Sundays and federal holidays are off-limits.1-800-610-8734 For free shipping boxes, envelopes, and postal forms, or to report a problem with your shipping supplies order, give us a call.Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
7 a.m.to 11 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday 7 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time
Text Tracking FAQs
Customers can receive text messages from the United States Postal Service informing them of the status of their item. It is possible that standard message and data rates will apply. Customers may now request Text Tracking in a variety of methods, including the following:
From your phone:
- Send a text message to the number 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number as the body of the text message. The most recent tracking information for the item will be provided in the text response from USPS.
- Send a text message to the number 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number and a keyword in the message. Keywords advise the United States Postal Service of the exact information you need, such as whether or not a delivery attempt has been made. More information about keywords may be found under the subject ″How do I utilize keywords?″
From the web site:
- The USPS Tracking® online site allows you to trace a shipment by tracking number, and you may register to get Text Tracking for each package you track on the website. On the website, you have the option of selecting one of the following Text Tracking Options: All of the options listed above are available: expected delivery updates, day of delivery updates, package delivered, available for pickup, delivery exception updates, and any combination of the variables listed above.
How do I use keywords?
- When sending text messages from a mobile device, the United States Postal Service enables the use of a keyword in combination with a specific tracking number.
- The table below lists the permitted keywords that may be used in connection with a given tracking number, as well as an explanation of the response.
- The keyword must be placed after the number (e.g., 9205512345678912345678 DND).
- The case of keywords does not matter.
- Text the word ″KEYWORD″ to the number 28777 (2USPS) to have this list of meanings delivered to your cell phone.
|AA||All past and future activity on the package|
|AF||Future activity only on the package|
|AP||Previous activity only on the package|
|DND||Notification of each delivery or delivery attempt|
|Delivery||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|Date||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|Update||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|When||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|Stop||Stop receiving Text Tracking messages for this label.|
|FD||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|Future||Expected / Guaranteed Delivery by or on, if available|
|TD||Expected delivery on, if available|
|Today||Expected delivery on, if available|
|AL||Delivery Exceptions on a package, such as weather delay or schedule a redelivery|
|Alert||Delivery Exceptions on a package, such as weather delay or schedule a redelivery|
|Alerts||Delivery Exceptions on a package, such as weather delay or schedule a redelivery|
|UP||Package available for Pick up|
|Pickup||Package available for Pick up|
|Pick-up||Package available for Pick up|
|Help||Receive more information about USPS Text Tracking|
- It is also possible to text the word ″ALL″ alone (without a specific tracking number).
- As a consequence, the United States Postal Service (USPS) will provide SMS updates for all future action on any tracking numbers that the user has already submitted or may submit in the future.
- When used alone, the keyword essentially establishes a preference for all SMS tracking updates delivered to the mobile phone number that has requested the updates.
What does a Text Tracking response from USPS look like?
- The response from Text Tracking may differ significantly depending on the information that you have provided in your request. The following is an example of a typical answer that includes status information: Pickup is available at 4:55 a.m. by USPS at 01123456789123456789. BOWIE, MD 20701 (Maryland) Reply STOP if you want to cancel
- Sender (USPS)
- Tracking number (ZIP Code®
- routing information at the beginning of the tracking number may be omitted)
- Status (e.g., Delivered, Notice Left)
- Date, Time, and Location (in most circumstances)
- and any other information provided by the sender in the tracking response.
- To get no additional communications, follow the instructions in the message.
- Other forms of messages are now accessible as well.
- These may be divided into numerous groups, as follows: Date of Receipt USPS has improved Text Tracking to the point that you will receive the planned, anticipated, or amended delivery date information that USPS has for the item upon your first request for status updates.
- According to the subject ″How do I use keywords?″ this information is also available throughout the request cycle by utilizing a keyword.
- As an illustration: Deliveries are expected to arrive by Monday, September 11, 2017 through USPS 01123456789123456789.
- To cancel, send the message STOP.
- Confirmation It is possible that you will submit a request that will not be completed immediately.
In such circumstances, USPS will acknowledge receipt of the request, even if the intended text update cannot be given at the time.As an illustration: USPS Text Tracking: An alert update has been applied to the phone number 01123456789123456789.Or USPS 01123456789123456789: An alert update has been applied to the phone number 01123456789123456789.
- Updates on the Request for Delivery Exception have been confirmed.
How do I request quiet time?
- Text messages sent to consumers outside of business hours may be deemed inappropriate by certain customers.
- To request that the United States Postal Service (USPS) refrain from sending SMS updates to your mobile device during off-hours, please follow these instructions: Send the word ″quiet″ to the number 28777.
- Between the hours of 11 p.m.
- and 7 a.m.
- Central Standard Time, USPS will cease delivering USPS Text Tracking updates to your cellphone number.
The United States Postal Service will respond to your quiet time request with the message ″USPS Text Tracking, Quiet Time Enabled.″ Texting will automatically restart at 7 a.m.Central Standard Time.To turn off the quiet time preference at any time, including during the normal Quiet Time hours indicated above, text ″Awake″ to 28777 from any mobile device (2USPS).
- The United States Postal Service will respond to your request with the message ″USPS Text Tracking, Quiet Time Disabled.″
What are the differences among the notification options?
- The USPS will send a single text message to the client’s mobile device containing the most recent tracking activity for the shipment when the customer requests Text Tracking through their mobile device.
- If a user wishes to get more updates on that package, he or she must submit a new request.
- Alternatively, the user must provide a keyword in order to request extra action.
- 2.usps.com Request for USPS Tracking started by USPS: Option 1: A user may request Expected Delivery updates on their package, which means that a Text Tracking message will be sent to the user’s mobile device informing them of an expected or scheduled delivery date for their package.
- Option 2: A user may request Expected Delivery updates on their package, which means that a Text Tracking message will be sent to the user’s mobile device informing them of an expected or scheduled delivery date for their package.
- If a customer requests Day of Delivery updates on their shipment, a Text Tracking message will be delivered to the user’s mobile device when USPS anticipates delivering the parcel that day.
When a user requests Delivery Delivered updates on their package, a Text Tracking message is sent to the user’s mobile device after the package has been delivered.Option 4: A user can request Available for Collection updates on their package, which will result in a Text Tracking message being delivered to the user’s mobile device when the package is ready for pickup.If a user requests Delivery Exception updates, this will result in a Text Tracking message being delivered to the user’s mobile device for each Delivery Exception type event that occurs on the package, as described in Option 5.
- When selecting Option 6 (All Options), the user will receive a Text Tracking message on their mobile device with updates on the package’s expected delivery date, Day of Delivery date, Package is Available for Pickup date, Package is Available for Pickup date, and/or Package is Delivered Exception date.
How do I stop getting USPS Text Tracking messages?
- Whenever you want to stop receiving tracking messages from the United States Postal Service on your mobile device, just text ″STOP″ (or any of the following equivalents: ″ARRET,″ ″UNSUBSCRIBE,″ ″CANCEL,″ or ″QUIT″) to 28777 (2USPS) from your mobile device.
- It is important to note that sending ″STOP″ to 2USPS will halt any ongoing Text Tracking requests for any tracking numbers where you have previously requested Text Tracking in the future.
- According to the information in the ″How do I use keywords?″ subject, you can text the word ″Halt″ followed by a specific tracking number to stop Text Tracking answers for that number exclusively.
Who do I contact for additional help?
You may get more information about USPS Text Tracking by calling the following phone number: 1-800-222-1811. If you need assistance from your mobile device, dial one of the following buttons: HELP, INFO, or AIDE.
Is USPS Text Tracking available to both domestic and international users?
- Customer service text tracking is currently available to customers who have a United States-based phone number and are using the phone within the United States, or who have a United States-based phone number and have obtained roaming coverage to use the phone while traveling outside of the United States.
- In early 2015, the United States Postal Service (USPS) extended this function to customers who have a phone number in Canada.
- With future developments, the United States Postal Service intends to make Text Tracking available to even more overseas consumers.
Do I need to register with USPS to participate in Text Tracking?
- You do not need to have an account with usps.com in order to participate in Text Tracking.
- However, when you use the USPS Text Tracking service for the first time, you will be prompted to confirm that you wish to utilize the service.
- By agreeing to this, you acknowledge that you are responsible for any message and data costs that may be incurred on your mobile device as a result of requesting and receiving USPS Text Tracking messages.
- If you submit a ″STOP″ request to 2USPS, you will be required to opt-in once again before you can participate in USPS Text Tracking again.
- Additional to this, if you submit your request through usps.com, you will be prompted to respond ″YES″ to a welcome message in order to indicate that you are indeed interested in participating.
Which carriers do I have to use to send or receive USPS Text Tracking?
AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Virgin Mobile USA, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular®, Ntelos, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Centennial, Bluegrass, Appalachian Wireless, Revol, Illinois Valley, United Wireless, Inland Cellular, West Central Cellular, ECIT, Immix, Nex-Tech, Pocket Com USA, Pioneer Wireless USA,Simmerty US, Union Wireless, Cellcom, and
Main USPS Tracking Site USPS Privacy Statement
How to Contact USPS
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded At first glance, contacting a huge organization such as the United States Postal Service (USPS) may appear to be a difficult endeavor.
- If you know which branch to call for your problems, on the other hand, you will be able to speak with the appropriate staff.
- Before calling the USPS, make sure to review their frequently asked questions (FAQs) and avoid contacting them on federal holidays.
- According to whether you have basic customer service/technical support inquiries, a refund enquiry, or a claim to submit, you will need to follow different procedures in order to get in touch with the appropriate individual.
- 1 First, look over the frequently asked questions on their website. Before you contact or email the United States Postal Service, check to see if your issue has already been answered on their Frequently Asked Questions page. This will save both you and the personnel of the postal service time. The USPS FAQ answers inquiries on a wide range of issues, including purchasing, business, sending and receiving mail, and customer support, among others. Frequently asked questions include: How do I pay for my PO box?
- What should I do if my mailing address changes?
- and How do I pay for my PO box?
- What is the date of the next postal holiday?
- What is the process of informed delivery?
- Can you tell me how much first-class mail costs?
- 2 If you have any particular shipping questions, you should contact customer care. If you have a question regarding one of your items or letters, you should contact customer service. In order to speak with a live agent, please call between the hours of 8 AM and 8:30 PM Eastern Time (Monday through Friday) and 8 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time (Saturday). Sundays are a day off for customer service representatives. You can also send an email to customer care if your issue is not urgent. If you have a tracking number for your mail, sending an email is the best option. Customer support may be reached at 1 (800) 275-8777.
- Promotional material
- 3 If you have a question with the website, contact technical support. In the event that you are experiencing technical difficulties with the USPS website or an online mailing form, you should contact tech support during the same business hours as customer service. For less urgent questions, you may alternatively send an email to tech support. The phone number for USPS technical assistance is 1 (800) 344-7779, and you may send an email to tech support here.
- 4 You may provide comments using an online form.
- Fill out the online feedback form on the United States Postal Service’s website if you have any complaints or recommendations for improvement regarding your postal service experience.
- You have the option of delivering praises, making ideas, reporting concerns, or providing general information.
- If you’d like to hear back from a representative from the United States Postal Service, please include your email address, phone number, and/or postal address.
- It is necessary to have your email address in order to send feedback.
- 5 In the case of less urgent questions, postal mail should be used.
- You can mail letters to the United States Postal Service headquarters if you so wish.
- Physical mail is not great for submitting queries or requesting assistance, but it might be beneficial for giving comments and requesting information.
- You can send mail to the Office of the Consumer Advocate at the following address: United States Postal Service/ Office of the Consumer Advocate/ 475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, RM, 4541/ Washington, DC 20260-2200 for a prompt response: United States Postal Service/ Office of the Consumer Advocate
- 1 Refunds for national priority mail can be obtained by visiting your local post office. If you are dissatisfied with the standards of the United States Postal Service, you can receive a complete refund for priority mail services. Within 30 days after your first purchase, you may request a refund for your shipping costs. You will not be able to obtain a refund for priority mail if you transmit your request through email or phone. Instead, you should submit your request to a post office in your area. To find a post office in your area, use the United States Postal Service’s web finder.
- The USPS Customer Care Center (1-800-222-1811) can process international priority mail refunds over the phone within 30 days of the sending date if the request is made within that time frame.
- 2 In order to receive a refund for shipping labels, contact technical support.
- Shipping labels that have not been used within 30 days of their print date can be refunded by logging into Click-N-Ship and canceling your order.
- If you have not received your order within 30 days of the transaction date but have not received it within 60 days, contact tech support to cancel it.
- Provide tech support with the following information before they can assist you: your user name, account number, label number, and transaction number and date.
- 3 In the case of PO Box returns, contact the Customer Care Center.
- If you have access to your PO Box and the keys, you can cancel your order using your USPS online account.
- Within 30 days of the initial payment date, customers who do not have keys should contact the United States Postal Service Customer Care Center at 1-800-222-1811.
- If you are not feeling well within 30 days, you may also send an email to tech support to get a refund.
- 4 Refunds can be obtained in-person at your local post office.
- If you purchased an item at your local post office and would like a refund, you will not be able to do so over the phone or by email communication.
- Returns and exchanges should be handled through the post office where the item was purchased.
- Check the return and exchange rules of the United States Postal Service in advance to see if your item qualifies.
- Bring your receipt as evidence of purchase with you when you go.
- 1 Submit a request for a search for misplaced mail. Using the online form, you may file a missing mail search request if your parcel has not arrived within seven business days of its expected delivery date. From here, the United States Postal Service will email you periodic updates on their search and will ship your parcel to the address you have provided. Ensure that your search request contains the necessary information: Addresses of sender and receiver, the size and type of container being delivered, the USPS tracking number, the date of sending, and a description of the contents are all required.
- It is possible to get a refund if you utilized Priority Mail to mail the package and it does not arrive.
- 2Before filing a claim, double-check that your cargo was properly insured. If uninsured mail goes missing or is damaged, the only service the United States Postal Service will provide is a missing mail search. Items that are insured or sent through priority mail are eligible for an indemnity claim, which may involve a return. There are several stages or wait times to follow depending on whether your letter was domestic or foreign in nature.
- 3 Make a claim in your home country. To file domestic claims, you must link your title login to your account on the USPS claims form in order to be accepted. You’ll need to include your tracking number, shipment date, and the reason you’re submitting the claim. If any of your belongings were lost or harmed, please explain the item and the state in which you got them if they were damaged. Then, in your claim, specify the amount of a refund you would want to receive. Before you may claim a refund, you must provide verification of the item’s worth. A JPEG or PDF file that verifies the item’s worth (such as a receipt) should be included.
- You can include up to ten things in a single claim
- 4 Make a claim on the international level.
- In order to process international claims, you must coordinate with foreign postal agencies and go through a number of different stages.
- Make a note of your 13-digit tracking number (which should finish in ″US″) and fill out the same online form as you would for a domestic delivery.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) will next contact their international equivalent to check the facts and calculate the amount of the refund.
- Only the sender in the United States has the authority to begin an international claim; if you are the receiver, contact your sender in the United States so that they may complete the online form.
- Question Add a new question Question Who do I speak with at the United States Postal Service (USPS) about having someone else’s mail forwarded to me? You won’t be able to. It is against the law to have someone else’s mail forwarded to you. This is considered postal fraud, and the penalties can be quite severe.
- Concerning the Question What is the email address for technical help and how can I discover it? [email protected] This is the ″Postal One″ service provided by the United States Postal Service, which may address technical problems.
- Concerning the Question Because of this, I must discontinue forwarding my mail sooner than I had asked. Is it possible for me to contact my local post office to get this corrected? Yes, they will be able to assist you in this matter.
- Concerning the Question I’ve recently relocated to a new apartment. The mailbox does not have a key to open it. What is the best way to get someone to replace the lock and provide me with a key? If your landlord is unable to assist you, go to your local post office and explain the matter to the clerk. The re-keying of the lock will incur an additional fee.
- Concerning the Question How long will it take for a letter to travel from Chelsea, Manhattan, to Newark, New Jersey, and back? It usually takes one business day.
- Question and answer session What can I do to prevent individuals from parking in front of my postal receptacle and so delaying or preventing mail delivery? Obtain a complaint from the city (or county if you don’t reside in a city) and submit it
- the city may be able to designate the area as a no parking zone.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible to send medication to my mum in another country through the United States Postal Service? Yes. In general, anything that can be shipped to a domestic address may also be shipped to an international location. Is there a way for me to prevent someone from utilizing my address and forwarding my mail to theirs? That is mail theft, which is a federal offense. First and foremost, notify your local post office of the situation. If they are unwilling to assist you, inform the authorities of your predicament.
- Question When do tax books and forms begin to arrive at the major post office distribution centers? Tax booklets and forms are often delivered around the first of the year in the United States. Some post offices, on the other hand, do not carry them. They are available at a number of libraries and office supply businesses.
- Question When sending a letter from the United States to Canada, how much does it cost to do so? According to the year 2020, a typical, business-size letter will cost you $1.20.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
Avoid contacting the United States Postal Service on Sundays or federal holidays, since a response will not be received until the next working day. Call first thing in the morning if you have an urgent inquiry. Prior to the majority of calls arriving in the afternoon, you will have a better chance of receiving a prompt answer.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
- The following is a summary of the articleXIf you need to contact the United States Postal Support for particular shipping issues, call customer service at 1 (800) 275-8777.
- Alternatively, you may contact technical support at 1(800) 344-7770 if you have any website-related questions.
- It’s also possible to reach them by email at ″usps technical support At mail ps (dot) cust assistance (dot) com″ if you’re calling after hours or it’s not convenient to phone.
- The next step is to fill out a feedback form on their website if you have any comments or ideas to share with the company.
- Continue reading to learn how to obtain refunds or submit a claim with the company.
- Did you find this overview to be helpful?
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 157,456 times.
- The National Customer Service Center provides a wide range of services to its customers.
- It is not only responsible for tracking and tracing of things, but it is also in charge of answering calls for our Transport and Logistics Business Unit.
- Additionally, services such as Docex (for example, tracing of legal documents), help for one-time initiatives handled by the Post Office, and Post Box Enquiries are available.
- The center is also the point of contact for any consumer complaints and general inquiries.
- Customers can also use their credit cards to place orders over the phone or on our website, which we also provide.
- This group of clients often purchases large quantities of postage stamps, along with postage-paid envelopes and the Easy Post product line.
Our goal is to establish a long-term connection with both our personal consumers and commercial clients by providing high-quality, proactive services to both groups of customers.Please call us on 0860 111 502 if you have any questions, complaints, comments, advice, or information concerning our postal services that you would want to receive.Procedure for filing complaints under the Code of Practice
USPS Tracking, How To Track A Package
- Postage Help Center
- How to Track a Package
″ title=″Stamps.com – How to Import Orders from Amazon Marketplace″ width=″560″> ″ title=″Stamps.com – How to Import Orders from Amazon Marketplace″ width=″560″>
Track delivery of your USPS shipments
- With Stamps.com, it’s simple to track parcels and share USPS tracking numbers with your clients and consumers.
- You may opt to email the tracking link information to your clients once you have printed a shipping label from inside Stamps.com once the label has been printed.
- When you provide your consumers with a USPS tracking number, you are demonstrating a high level of customer care by making their shipment information readily available.
- Because tracking information is easily available to your consumers, the frequency of customer support calls and requests to trace shipments is decreased significantly.
How to track a USPS package using Stamps.com
In order to monitor your United States Postal Service shipment, all you need is the package tracking number, which can be found on your USPS mailing label or in your Stamps.com account.
Viewing tracking information on Stamps.com’s ShipStatus page
- Go to www.stamps.com/shipstatus/ to check the status of your shipment.
- To locate the USPS tracking number, simply check at the bottom of the mailing label. Do not include any dashes or spaces when entering the tracking number in the search area.
- Select ″Check Status″ from the drop-down menu.
- Look at the scan history and package status information on your shipment.
- If you go to www.usps.com, you can also find this information by entering the tracking number in the search field at the upper right corner.
Viewing tracking information from your Stamps.com account
- Join Stamps.com to track your USPS shipment – Our free program (download it here) joins you to your Stamps.com account, where you can view the shipping information of all the parcels you’ve shipped.
- Select the ″Search″ tab from the drop-down menu. • In the Stamps.com program, select ″Search″ from the left-hand navigation bar. •
- When you click on the ″Status″ link, you will be able to see all of the shipment information for your products. Choose the tracking number of the shipment you wish to track from the drop-down menu.
- View tracking information in the Transactional Details window – This window provides the shipment and status information for the selected item, as well as the delivery and destination addresses, weight, postal class, and postage cost.
- Produce a printout of the tracking information and keep it on hand for reference, or send it to your customer directly.
Free* 5 lb. Digital Scale with
Every new customer account starts with:
- Upon registration, you will receive a free* 5 pound digital scale
- Trial term of four weeks
- $5 in USPS postage to be used throughout the trial period
- Discounts on USPS rates that are not available at the Post Office
- There are no long-term obligations, and you may cancel at any moment.
- Stay over the 4-week trial period and pay only the shipping and handling price of $17.99 each month + applicable taxes, if any, including the first month.
How to Determine the Origin of a UPS Package
- The unexpected arrival of a box, or the discovery that a parcel that is already in transit has been misplaced, can be upsetting experiences.
- If the shipment is transported by UPS, you will be able to track out the location of the delivery fairly easy.
- It will just take a few minutes of your time to complete this task.
- You may then get in touch with the sender to find out where the box is, or why it was delivered to you in the first place, if you have this information.
1 Check the label
If you believe you have already received the shipment, look at the label. Locate your address on the box and look immediately above it, to the left, for the return address. There is a bar code, a tracking number, and the address of the sender on this label.
2 Track the package
If you have not yet received your package, you can track it down. Go to and choose your desired location. Enter your tracking number in the ″Track″ box at the upper left corner of the page and hit ″Track.″ The tracking information will show you where the shipment was despatched from and when it was delivered.
3 Call UPS at 1-800-742-5877
If you have not yet received your shipment, you may track its progress online. Visit and choose your location from the drop-down menus. In the upper left corner of the website, enter your tracking number and then click ″Track.″ If the shipment is tracked, it will be possible to determine where it originated.
About the Author
Kirsten O’Hara began working as a freelance writer in 2010. She contributed to the ″Lion’s Roar,″ the campus newspaper, and was the winner of numerous collegiate writing competitions. During her time at Southeastern Louisiana University, O’Hara received her Bachelor of Arts in speech communication with a minor in English.
r/USPS – How to get the phone number for the local Post Office?
- There’s no doubt that my local post office is the worst in the country.
- It occasionally misplaces shipments, regularly fabricates information regarding attempted deliveries, and so on.
- Instead of contacting the United States Postal Care’s central customer service line (which has a 50-minute hold period), I would like to contact my local post office.
- Here’s the problem: I can’t seem to find the phone number for my local post office anywhere on the United States Postal Service’s website.
- What is the best way to go about locating that elusive magic number?
- If it makes a difference, the ZIP Code is 11235.
This discussion has been closed.No new comments or votes may be submitted, and no new votes can be cast.The 18th St.
- Office is located on level 1E.
- Coney Island Avenue is the location of the office.
- Both of those URLs were obtained straight from the United States Postal Service website.
That page states that the phone numbers are 718-648-2057 and 718-648-0323, which are both in Manhattan.I hope this has been of assistance.The phone number for the level 2Avenue X office is 718-332-4921.Those were the ones I was able to locate fast.If your address is not one of the three listed above, please let us know what it is.The greater New York City area is home to a diverse range of workplaces.
level 1Your post office does not try deliveries, and your carriers do not attempt deliveries.Your items are also not misplaced by the post office.The possibility to complain about stamp availability or needing to purchase tape is available for anyone who choose to do so.
Don’t hold it against your post office for something that has nothing to do with it.level 2Okay, so if it isn’t the post office that delivers in my neighborhood, then who is to fault here?This is a serious question.
Change of Address
- Moving is a time-consuming process, and your to-do list is likely to include duties such as packing boxes, renting a moving truck, and creating an inventory list.
- A crucial step that many of us overlook is ensuring that our friends, family, and business colleagues are able to reach us at the new address we have chosen for our relocation.
- In general, the United States Postal Service (USPS) gives three simple alternatives for receiving letters at our new address, which are as follows: Forms for changing one’s address This requires completing a change-of-address form so that any mail that is sent to your previous address may be redirected to your new location.
- Any mail sent to your prior address will be automatically returned to the sender after a year if you use a temporary service like this one.
- Forwarding service with a premium Premium forwarding services enable invoices and letters to be transmitted, even only for a short period of time.
The benefits of this arrangement are particularly advantageous for individuals who maintain dual residencies; for example, if you live in Orlando during the winter and Iowa during the summer, your communication might follow you from one location to the next.Always keep in mind, however, that such services come at a price: a $15 enrollment charge, plus an additional $17 per week for each week your mail is forwarded to your new address.Lastly, there is the general delivery service.
- The general delivery service of the United States Postal Service can also be used by persons who have relocated to other towns but have not yet been assigned a permanent address at their new stations.
- It is possible for business colleagues, friends, and family to reach you by sending mail that is addressed to you and accompanied by the words ″General Delivery,″ as well as the state, city, and ZIP code of your present location’s major post office, to this site.
- So your letter may be addressed to Jane Doe, General Delivery in your state and town (222222-4321), and Jane Doe would be able to retrieve their communication from the post office up to a month after it initially arrived at the post office.
Change of permanent residence An individual who wishes to permanently change their address is required to complete a change-of-address application form.This can be accomplished by downloading an online form and returning it to the post office, or by visiting the local post office and filling out the appropriate form and returning it to the post office.The quickest and most convenient method is, without a doubt, filling out the papers online, but this requires the use of a credit or debit card (a $1 verification charge must be paid in order to protect against fraud).Their credit or debit card information is then compared to an existing address in their database in order to verify that you are, in fact, the person who is changing your address rather than an identity thief.When filling out the aforementioned form, one is typically asked if their relocation is permanent or temporary, as well as when your mail should begin to be forwarded from your current address.This should not be left until the last minute, which is why the United States Postal Service suggests that you complete the form at least 10 days before the day on which you need your mail forwarded.
On the other hand, you don’t want to rush through the process of filling out the papers because the first forwarding date should not be more than three months from the time you put your information down on paper.Finally, remember to specify whether the address change is being made on behalf of an individual, a family, or a commercial company.Again, if you get mail under more than one name, such as a maiden name or an alias, you should complete change-of-address forms for each name under which you receive mail.
Members of the same family who share a last name, on the other hand, just need to fill out a single form.More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
USPS Hold Mail
- At one time, going on vacation meant taking care of several details that you would not normally have to think about when away from home.
- Finally, there’s notifying the sanitation crews that your rubbish will not be picked up, delaying the delivery of your milk, and having the United States Postal Service hold your mail.
- It used to be that this last step was more important than it is now because there was so much more mail to be delivered; however, with electronic mail, automatic bill payment, and so many other conveniences, there is significantly less to worry about, even if you will be done for several days or longer.
- Despite all of this, the majority of people like the notion of having their mail held since, if you are away from home for an extended period of time, you face the danger of having your mail go missing or be lost.
- The problem with this, however, was that putting a hold on your mail required you to go to the Post Office, fill out the necessary papers, and hope that it had the desired effect.
- The process of retrieving the mail that had been held remained the same even after you returned: you had to visit the Post Office to remove the hold and then pick up whatever was left over.
All of the Possibilities for Holding Mail If you do not choose to have a hold placed on your mail by the Post Office, there are still methods available to you to ensure that your mail is there when you come home.You might arrange for a friend or neighbor to pick up your mail while you are away, or you could take the risk that it will still be there-in-tact-when you get back.For those who don’t want to be a burden or cause annoyance to others, it is possible to have the Post Office keep their mail for them.
- The good news is that this option may be enabled quickly and easily by just going online and activating it yourself, at no cost and with no fuss.
- Mail holds can be requested in person at the Post Office, placed online through the Post Office website, or requested by phone.
- * In-person meetings are available.
Although this is the old-fashioned method of placing a hold, many people still prefer it.They go to the Post Office, fill out a piece of paper, and hand it over to the officials there.Despite the inconvenience, at the very least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that the form was correctly completed and submitted to the appropriate person.Through the use of the Internet.A rising number of consumers are choosing the ease of submitting their hold via the USPS website rather than calling the postal service.This may be accomplished by visiting USPS.com, clicking on the Hold Mail button located on the far left of the website’s page at the bottom, and then clicking on that head.
It is that simple.In the next section, you will find a detailed explanation of what happens to your mail while it is being held, along with all of the information that you must provide in order for the hold to take effect.* Over the phone.
The final option you have to have your mail placed on hold by the United States Postal Service is to call their toll-free number and simply request that your mail be placed on hold until you can return.The clerk with whom you talk will be able to obtain all of the information that is required for the job to be completed.Following Your VacationWhen you return from your trip, you’ll want to check your mail to see whether anything important has arrived.
This is all done automatically by notifying the USPS of the date you intend to return, which ensures that you will receive your mail as soon as your next delivery day occurs after you have returned.More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
Post Office Box (P.O. BOX)
- The term ″post office box″ or ″post-office box″ refers to a specially marked, individually addressed box that is situated within the confines of a post office.
- A typical arrangement is for businesses or individuals to rent these boxes from the post office on a yearly or monthly basis, with the fee varied based on the box’s size, which can range from $100 to $1,000.
- Boxes in the CBD (central business district) are sometimes more costly than those in rural settings.
- Post office boxes allow customers to have a distinct company mailing address in addition to their personal mailing address.
- As a result, all communication is often brought to the delivery office at the post office rather than being sent to a company or residential location.
- Many factors contribute to its being a viable option for you, the most important of which are as follows: Having a shorter and simpler to remember address allows you to stay anonymous.
You may collect mail whenever it is convenient for you.Having an official business address is beneficial for individuals who work from home.Proper security is ensured by requiring identification to access mail.
- Additional communication that would typically be brought to your house can be diverted to a specific P.O.
- Box if you so want, ensuring that all mail is preserved in one location.
- Keep in mind, however, that any communication will need to be sent to the P.O.
Box under the same name that was used to register the box.What it is and how it works P.O.Boxes may be extremely advantageous to many people since they ensure that any mail received through the United States Postal Service (USPS) is delivered straight to the local post office delivery location.Once this occurs, your mail will be held at this location until you are able to pick it up at your leisure.Mail can be delivered to post office boxes in the majority of cases, however there are certain exceptions to this rule.Examples include mail from other carriers not being received, and mail with the phrase ″do not reroute″ being returned to the sender in most cases.
It’s also important for users to be aware of communication that has to be signed for, with a card frequently put in your P.O.Box to remind you of this need.In order to avoid having the mail returned to the sender, this card must be picked up within seven day