How to Send a Computer with a Package
- Properly pack the computer and accessories to avoid damage during transit. Disconnect the computer cables,
- Select a local or international postal/parcel service. You can find information for most large carriers online
- Create and attach an appropriate shipping label. You will typically need to indicate your shipping preferences,
- Get your package to the parcel service. Many service providers offer at-home pickup, local drop boxes and local
Wrap all individual parts of the computer (monitor, keyboard, CPU) with bubble wrap about 3 inches thick all the way around. Make a firm seal with packing tape so the bubble wrap stays intact. Add a thick layer of packing peanuts or bubble wrap to the bottom of your shipping box.
Back-up your data. Your very first step when packing a desktop for shipping,(including a laptop,of course),is to back up your important data,preferably twice.
How to pack a laptop for shipping?
Place your shipping label on top of the box and cover it with clear packing tape to prevent tearing during shipping. You can optionally place “fragile” stickers on each side of the box Your laptop is now packaged securely and ready to ship. Depending on which type of box you use, laptop packaging materials can cost anywhere from $10 to $40.
How to package a CPU for shipping?
I’d put the CPU in a small anti-static bag, then a tight wrapping of bubble wrap, then put it snugly in the CPU box, make sure nothing is moving around in the box. Hmm that might work. I could just take fan out of the box and mail it along with the CPU in a larger box.
How do I pack a package for shipping?
Center the original manufacturer’s packaging inside the outer box and fill empty spaces on all sides and the top with packing material. The inner box should be surrounded with at least 3′ of packing material around all six sides of the inner box. 3. Seal and label the package
What is the best way to ship my computer and peripherals?
We recommend one of three methods for shipping your computers and peripherals if you don’t have, or prefer not to use, the original manufacturer’s packaging. 1. Pack with air-cellular cushioning
How do I ship my computer?
Wrap the computer or peripheral on all sides with at least 3′ to 4′ of air-cellular cushioning material such as bubble wrap. Place the wrapped item inside a sturdy outer box. Accessories that are wrapped in appropriate amounts of cushioning can also be placed in any open spaces of the box.
How do I package a laptop for shipping?
Wrap the shell of the machine with plastic or bubble wrap. To protect against any static electricity risks while in transit, place the laptop in a snug-fitting plastic bag. Separately wrap any cables, plug adaptors and other accessories in bubble wrap and secure them with cable ties.
What is the cheapest way to ship a computer?
By far, the United States Postal Service is the cheapest way to ship a computer if you purchase a shipping label online. You can purchase a shipping label from the comfort of your home, and you only need to know the package dimensions and weight.
Can you ship a laptop through USPS?
Shipping with USPS
USPS is an affordable way to ship your items domestically or internationally, even for laptops. If you’re sending a 15” laptop, consider using a medium or large flat rate box. A medium flat rate box costs $16.25, while a large flat rate box costs $22.65 without any add-ons.
Which is cheaper UPS or USPS?
Generally, UPS works out cheaper for shipping large packages, while USPS is cheaper for sending small items. If you’re looking for a price for ground shipping in the US and your parcel is no more than 66lbs, USPS Parcel Select will be a slightly cheaper option than UPS Ground, however, the transit time is a bit longer.
Is it possible to courier laptop?
I would say to send laptop in courier is somewhat risky. But still if you want to send it use FedEx courier or dtdc and if possible air service as in transport there are more chances of damaging the product. If you want to send via transport then only FedEx. They take care of the parcel better than others.
How much does it cost to FedEx a laptop?
FedEx also offers a special laptop box that they will pack with your laptop for you for $22.99. So, with standard ground service shipping, you’re looking at $51.20 and for two day shipping $96.64. Alternatively, you can use your own box and ship for as low as $15.95 which is the cheapest option for FedEx.
How much would shipping a computer cost?
2. How Much Does it Cost to Ship Computers and Servers?
|Hiring professional movers||Depends on size and distance of move; approximately $3,000-6,000, or up to $17,000+ for large moves|
|Consolidated freight||Depends on the size and distance of the move|
How much does it cost to ship computer monitors?
The cost to ship it with USPS Retail Ground is about $175 (link to rate ). With UPS, the same package would be about $125 to ship cross-country at the Retail rate (as of June 2017).
How do I figure out shipping costs?
How to Use the USPS Shipping Calculator
- Navigate to the USPS Postage Price Calculator page.
- Enter the details of your letter or package.
- Select the shipment type.
- Compare shipping options.
- Add Extra Services.
- Hit “Continue” for your result.
- Pay for shipping and print postage for your shipment.
Can I ship a laptop with a lithium battery?
Shipping laptops with lithium batteries are allowed by all means of transport. However, shipping damaged or recalled laptop batteries is not allowed by air. This is a new requirement, according to IATA.
What is a lithium battery mark for shipping?
For “Lithium ion batteries contained in. equipment,” display the UN3481 Lithium. battery mark for any single package that. contains >4 cells or >2 batteries.
Can you ship laptop batteries USPS?
Small consumer-type lithium-ion cells and batteries like those used to power cell phones and laptop computers are mailable domestically under the following conditions. Mailing batteries internationally, or to and from APO, FPO, or DPO destinations is prohibited regardless of mail class.
How to pack and ship a laptop internationally?
How much does it cost to ship a computer?
USPS is an affordable way to ship your items domestically or internationally, even for laptops. If you’re sending a 15” laptop, consider using a medium or large flat rate box. A medium flat rate box costs $16.25, while a large flat rate box costs $22.65 without any add-ons. Can I ship a computer via UPS?
How to Ship a Computer
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded A computer, like almost any other thing, can be transported in a safe and efficient manner.First and foremost, you’ll want to correctly pack the computer in order to safeguard its vital internal and exterior components from damage.In an ideal situation, the original manufacturer’s packing would be reused and encased within a new external box that was designed for shipping purposes.
- Following the completion of your packing, you will need to contact a parcel or postal service to place your order and schedule the appropriate way of shipment.
- You may find out how to send a computer by reading the page below.
Steps Download Article
- 1 Make sure the computer and accessories are properly packed to avoid damage during shipment. Remove all computer wires, attachments, and peripherals from the machine. The monitor, keyboard, and mouse are all included at this price. Ascertain that all wires are arranged, untangled, and contained in a compact bag or box
- A contemporary graphics card may be rather large and hefty. To minimize straining the connector if the box is tossed around, you can take it out of the slot and send it outside of the PC case.
- Wrap the computer and its peripherals with a cushioning material with air cells to provide adequate protection. Make sure that all of the pieces are coated with at least 3 to 4 inches (7 to 10 cm) of plastic bubble wrap before putting them together. Wrap each computer accessory individually to offer the best possible protection
- Place the computer tower in a strong cardboard box once it has been wrapped. If you want to avoid big swaths of free space, choose a box that is somewhat larger than the computer. Place the computer on its back and add extra cushions to fill in any residual space around it. You want to achieve a snug fit so that the computer does not move about during transportation.
- Pack the computer monitor and accessories in the same manner as the computer tower, using boxes that are the proper size for the items
- Place all of the computer boxes in one large outer box and seal the box shut. You will need to check that all of the boxes are tightly packed to ensure that they do not shift during shipment. Guarantee that all open spaces are filled with padding, foam, or loose fill packing material to ensure a snug fit.
- Packing tape should be used to tightly close and seal the external box. In order to establish a tight seal, at least three strips of pressure-sensitive tape should be used.
- 2Select a local or foreign postal/parcel service from the drop-down menu. Most significant carriers provide information about their shipping methods, pricing, and exclusions on their websites, and you may discover this information for them online. Advertisement
- Create and attach a shipping label that is appropriate for the situation. On the label, you will normally be required to identify your shipping options, payment method, as well as your departure and destination addresses.
- Get your item to the post office or courier service. Many service providers provide in-home pickup, drop-off boxes in the neighborhood, and customer service centers in the neighborhood. Advertisement
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- Non-routine customs brokerage costs are often not included in shipping charges.
- If you’re recycling a box or container, make sure to remove any prior labels or shipment markings.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
Things You’ll Need
- A large box, three to five smaller boxes, packing materials, and a shipping label are included.
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been viewed 84,483 times so far.
How to Ship a Laptop Computer
Once your laptop has sold, it must be delivered to its final destination in good condition in order for you to receive payment. Here’s how to package your laptop safely, as well as an estimate of shipping costs and a tip for saving money when sending your laptop.
How to package a laptop for shipping
- You’ll need items such as a solid corrugated box, bubble wrap, plastic wrap, and clear packing tape to complete the project. You may even purchase anti-static packing peanuts and ″fragile″ tags if you want to go the extra mile. A box of 17 inches by 13 inches by 5 inches will suit most computers, but you may select any size that allows for your laptop plus at least 2 inches of room on all sides for protective packing. Special laptop shipping boxes are available from some retailers. Packaging materials may be purchased from online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and your local shipping business. STEP 1: Place a sheet of bubble wrap between the screen and the keyboard to protect the screen while the computer is closed. STEP 2: Close the computer and remove the bubble wrap. STEP 2: Wrap your laptop in plastic and secure it with packing tape to protect it from harm caused by liquids, moisture, and rainfall (if you have the original box, you can wrap the entire box in plastic) STEP 3: Prepare your laptop computer. If you still have the original box and packing materials, that’s great. Pack your laptop in its original packaging.
- In order to protect your laptop from damage, place a 2-3′′ layer of packing peanuts or bubble wrap on the bottom of the shipping box and place it on top.
- If you don’t have the original box, you can use the following: Place a layer of bubble wrap 4 inches thick around your laptop and secure it using packing tape
- In a cardboard shipping box, place your laptop (you may add a 2-3′′ layer of packing peanuts on the bottom for extra security)
- Alternatively, you may ship your laptop in a customized shipping box.
- STEP 4: Prepare the necessary equipment. Fill bubble wrap with air and seal it with packing tape to protect the accessories (mouse, A/C adapter, wires, etc.)
- Accessories should be placed below your laptop rather than on top of it to avoid damage during delivery.
- STEP 5: Ensure that the box is securely closed and sealed. Packing peanuts or bubble wrap can be used to fill in any gaps that may exist. If possible, it should be packed as tightly as possible to minimize moving, but not so tightly that it puts too much pressure on your laptop.
- Packing tape should be used to firmly seal the box. Extra grip can be achieved by going over seams twice.
- Place your shipping label on the top of the box and secure it using clear packing tape to prevent it from ripping during shipment and delivery. It is unnecessary to apply ″fragile″ stickers on either side of the box
- nonetheless, it is recommended.
Your laptop has now been packaged safely and is ready to be sent.
Estimated laptop shipping costs
- Laptop packing materials can range in price from $10 to $40, depending on the sort of box you select to protect your laptop. Delivery charges vary depending on the item’s size, weight, courier, and destination
- but, in average, you could anticipate to spend between $20 and $40 for shipping. As a result, the overall cost of packaging and shipping a laptop ranges from $30 to $80, while the majority of consumers will spend between $30 and $50 on this task. When shipping your laptop, it’s a good idea to obtain insurance and signature delivery confirmation to protect yourself. This protects you from having your stuff stolen or destroyed, and it assures that your laptop is delivered to the appropriate beneficiary. Laptops range in weight from 2 to 4 pounds, depending on the particular model. Here are the anticipated expenses to send a 17′′ x 13′′ x 5′′ box weighing 4 pounds from New York to Los Angeles, based on the size and weight of the box (use the linked shipping calculators for each respective courier to calculate your exact fees). USPS (United States Postal Service) (shipping calculator) To send priority 2-day mail, you’ll pay $20.05
- to insure it, you’ll pay $14.35
- to get an adult signature, you’ll pay $6.10.
- UPS is an acronym that stands for United Parcel Service (shipping calculator) Package shipping via UPS Ground costs $21.85
- insurance costs $10.50
- and an adult signature costs $6.05, for a total of $38.40.
- FedEx (Federal Express) (shipping calculator) $21.78 for FedEx Home Delivery, $10 for insurance, $6.05 for an adult signature, for a total of $37.83.
How to save on shipping a laptop
You can request that the buyer pay for delivery, but doing so increases your overall price, putting you at a competitive disadvantage on online marketplaces such as eBay.Alternatively, you may pay for shipping yourself, which will, of course, diminish your profit margin on the transaction.Selling your laptop to an online buyback business, on the other hand, will eliminate the need to pay for delivery.
- These merchants cover the cost of delivery and give free shipping labels.
- Some companies even provide free laptop shipping kits, so you don’t have to worry about paying for supplies.
Where to sell your laptop
Flipsy Trust Verified Stores Buying Laptops
To find out how much money you may receive for your laptop, contact one of these Trusted Stores.Inform them of your serial number, the condition of your vehicle, and any items that you have or are missing.Typically, you’ll receive a quotation that is competitive with selling on marketplaces such as eBay or Swappa, plus they’ll cover the delivery costs.
- If you accept their offer, money will be given to you within 1-2 business days of receiving your laptop.
|Buyback Boss||Contact ›|
|True Mobile||Contact ›|
Ready to ship?
Even if you do not have a FedEx account, you may create a cargo online. All you need is the shipping information and a credit card to complete the transaction.
Get your package to a FedEx location
Option 1 – Drop off at a FedEx location
Drop off your package at a FedEx Drop Box, FedEx Office, Walgreens, Office Depot/Office Max, select Dollar General and grocery stores, or other retail partner locations. FedEx custom clinical boxes are only available for purchase at FedEx Office facilities.
Option 2 – Schedule a pickup online
By scheduling a convenient one-time pickup online for a small fee, you can save both time and effort. We will arrange for one of our couriers to pick up your package from your home, workplace, or any other location of your choosing.
Let us handle the packing and shipping
We can take care of all of the packing for you, ensuring that you have protection and peace of mind.Pricing includes the appropriate FedEx box solution, cushioning materials, and skilled packing service, all of which are protected by the FedEx Office Packing Guarantee.Engineers at our state-of-the-art FedEx Packaging Lab can help you reduce damage by using their knowledge.
- FedEx account customers are entitled to complimentary basic examinations.
- Learn how to pack, transport, promote, and run a business from the professionals at eHow.
- NOTICE: FedEx clients are supplied with this packing pamphlet to assist them in reducing loss or damage caused by incorrect packaging.
- However, it is not meant to be a comprehensive guide for packaging products for transport that we will accept.
- We make no representations or guarantees of any kind, either stated or implied, regarding this material.
The shipper is solely responsible for ensuring that the package is properly packaged.You can reach the FedEx Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hotline at 1.800.GOFedEx 1.800.463.3339, where you can press ″81″ or say ″hazardous goods,″ then press ″4″ to be connected with the next available dangerous goods agent.When calling from outside the United States, ask to talk with a representative for hazardous materials.
- For information on the terms, conditions, and limits that apply to FedEx® delivery services, please see the most recent FedEx Service Guide.
- Bubble Wrap is a trademark owned by the Sealed Air Corporation and used under license.
Keeping electronics safe while moving
The protection of your computer and other electronic devices during your long-distance move is extremely important in today’s digital age.Apart from the fact that they can be expensive to replace, they can also store a wide range of information, from family photographs and videos to financial records and legal documents.Being aware of how to care for your electronics during your move will help to ensure that the equipment remains safe and that you will be able to access your precious memories and personal information in your new home..
Preparing to move a computer
The last thing you want to happen is for your computer to be damaged while in transportation, so making sure it is correctly packed is essential.Computers should always be transported in an upright position in order to minimize damage during transportation or shipping.Follow these suggestions to ensure that your PC remains in peak operating condition during your relocation.
- If you have the opportunity, packing desktop computers in their original packaging is the best option.
- Not to worry if you’ve already disposed of such goods in the trash.
- Simply transfer it in another strong box that is somewhat larger than your machine.
- Monitors can also be sent in television boxes, if that is your preference.
- Keep the glass on your monitor away from the box’s exterior edge, and use sufficient of packing paper to keep it safe during transport.
Pro tip: Before you disassemble your computer and monitor, take photographs of the back of each to make setting up your new computer and monitor a snap.
- Shut down your computer completely and unplug all of its cables. Pack the cables in independent zip-top bags if you want to be extra careful.
- Wrap the tower and monitor with non-static Bubble Wrap® to keep them from becoming static.
- Wadded packing paper should be used to line the bottom of your boxes.
- Make sure all of your components are upright and covered in plastic.
- More wadded packing paper should be used to fill in any gaps. Packets of cables may also be included in the box to assist fill up the available space.
- Containers should be sealed with the word ″Fragile″ with the proper side up clearly marked on them.
Gaming computers and other custom-built PCs require much of the same maintenance as conventional computers, with one important exception: the graphics card must be properly secured.Because gaming PC graphics cards are hefty, they are susceptible to damage when they are moved.The most secure method of transporting a gaming computer is to remove the graphics card and box it separately from the computer.
- If you are unable to do so, you will need to open the computer case in order to place packing material under the graphics card to protect it.
- For the greatest results, consider utilizing an expanding product (such as Instapak Quick®) to fill up the empty areas in your computer case.
- If your computer is water-cooled, make sure to drain all of the fluids before packing it up, as they might leak during shipping and moving operations.
- Complete steps 3-7 above to complete the packing of your computer case after you have everything safely secured in it.
- When shipping a computer, double-boxing is the most secure method.
After you have completed the processes outlined above, you should take the following additional precautions to safeguard your shipment:
- Place the sealed PC box into a bigger box (be sure you line the larger box with packing paper first).
- Packing paper should be used to line the sides and top of the box for added protection.
- It should be taped shut.
- Make a moderate shake of the package to make certain that nothing is moving about within
- Label the box ″Fragile″ and indicate which side is up on the label
Packing other electronics
All devices must be packaged in solid boxes with plenty of packing material in order to avoid damage to the things being transported.Additional instructions may be included in your owner’s manual.Even if you no longer have the original packaging for some electrical products such as large screen televisions, you may purchase boxes designed expressly for transporting these things.
- Prepare your products for safe delivery by following the instructions outlined below:
- Make sure that any wires or moving parts on your equipment are properly secured.
- Wrap your gadget with Bubble Wrap® to protect it.
- Make use of a lot of packing material to safeguard your products from being dropped or bumped
- Give your package a little shake to ensure that nothing is moving around within. If anything shifts, you’ll need to add extra packing materials until everything is snug.
- Using packing tape, secure the package and label it ″Fragile.″
Laptops, tablets and cellphones
The majority of individuals prefer to bring computers, tablets, and telephones with them when they relocate.If you choose to pack these goods, you may do so in the same manner as you would your other electronic devices.It is important to properly dispose of any electronic equipment that will not be moving with you during your relocation.
- If you have any broken devices, look for a trustworthy e-waste recycling site in your neighborhood.
- Donate functioning gadgets to a local charity that will be able to put them to good use.
Have questions about packing your computers or other electronics?
Please leave a remark below and we will be pleased to assist you. Make sure to look over our other packing suggestions to ensure that you are prepared for everything throughout your relocation.
How to Ship a Desktop Computer or PC
- Shipping a computer may be a stressful experience since computers are not only costly, but they are also fragile and require special handling. If your computer does not arrive at its destination in good working order, you do not want to be responsible for any of the consequences. Everything you need to know about packing and shipping a computer so that it arrives in pristine shape and ready to use is covered in this course. Description: In our How to Ship a Computer guide, you’ll find everything you need, including supplies — we’ve made shipping desktop PCs easier than ever before. Simple Instructions on How to Pack and Ship a Computer in 5 Steps Wrapping the desktop and monitor in a single piece of cloth
- Computer packing
- packing of accessories
- adding filler
- sealing and labeling of the box
Shipping a Desktop in 5 Steps!
While packing and shipping computers may appear to be a difficult chore at first glance, we’ll show you how to complete the process in only five simple stages.
- Items such as scissors, shipping tape, plastic wrap, a shipping box, cushioning supplies, and the original packaging (if available) are recommended.
Step1 – Wrap the Tower and Monitor
Moisture is one of the most common problems when moving a computer across country.The greatest chance you have of keeping a computer dry is to wrap it tightly and seal it tightly.Before you place your desktop computer and monitor inside the shipping box, make sure to thoroughly and individually wrap them in plastic wrap and secure them with packing tape to prevent damage.
- If the box becomes damp or damaged during the shipping process, you will have ensured that the contents are as safe as possible for the recipient.
Step2 – Pack Computer in a Box
- Assuming You Have the Original Box: In an ideal world, you would have kept the original packing and box in which your computer was delivered. It is recommended that you reuse as much of the original packing materials as possible if this is the case. Simply follow these procedures after your computer has been completely wrapped in plastic and placed back in its original box: 1. Packing tape should be used to close the box.
- Using bubble wrap that is at least 3 inches thick on each side of the box and securing it with tape, completely cover the box.
- Fill the bottom of your shipping box with either bubble wrap or packing peanuts to provide additional protection during transit.
- Place the PC box in the shipping box once it has been wrapped.
- Utilize more filler if there is sufficient space at the top to prevent the computer from shifting
- In the event that you did not keep the original box, don’t be concerned about losing your money. Even without a shipping container, shipping a computer is straightforward. Following the wrapping of the computer and monitor in plastic wrap, you should do the following: Using bubble wrap about 3 inches thick all the way around the computer (monitor, keyboard, CPU), protect all of the various elements of the computer:
- Using packing tape, create a tight seal to ensure that the bubble wrap remains intact.
- Fill the bottom of your shipping box with a thick layer of packing peanuts or bubble wrap to protect the contents.
- Place each component inside your shipping box (preferably in a single layer) and seal the package.
- Open gaps in the box should be filled with additional bubble wrap or other filler until the box is nearly full, but allow room in the box for all of the accessories.
Step3 – Wrap and Pack Computer Accessories
You’re now ready to begin packing your belongings. Simplest step is to wrap each item individually in bubble wrap and secure them with tape. This includes the mouse and any wires or cords that may be present. Add them to your collection.
Step4 – Add Protective Filler or Cushioning
Once all of the computer components have been placed in the shipping box, just fill in any remaining space with extra filler material.If you wish to ship your computer, you should stuff the box with filler as securely as possible so that it doesn’t have too much room to move about during transportation.Caution should be exercised to avoid packing the box so tightly that it exerts pressure on the computer.
Step5 – Seal and Label the Box
Packing tape should be used to secure the top of your shipment box.For added security, it is recommended that you place two layers of tape over the seams to prevent the box from being opened.Create a shipping label that is readily readable and attach it to the top of the box.
- Protect the label with transparent packing tape to ensure that it does not become damaged, damp, or smeared during the shipping process.
- In addition to being beneficial, stickers that say ″Fragile″ or ″This Way Up″ can help secure your computer by alerting carriers to the contents inside.
Start Shipping Computers with Paper Mart!
Yes, computers might be large, heavy, and delicate, but with our suggestions, shipping a computer is a piece of cake! To learn more about our shipping and packing materials, visit our website. Pack and transport computers with confidence knowing that you have all you need!
How To Ship a Laptop
- When shipping a laptop, the most important thing to remember is to choose the appropriate box (or boxes) for your computer. If you’re delivering a new laptop, the best choice is to utilize the box that the laptop came in when it was first delivered by the manufacturer. A fair level of security for your device will usually be provided by this method. Please keep in mind that most manufacturer’s boxes are meant for palletized shipment and are not designed to be transported as a single item
- thus, double boxing is recommended. Choose an exterior box that is approximately six inches wider in all dimensions than the interior container in order to achieve efficient double boxing. Make use of packing material to fill in the gaps between the interior and outside of the box, such as inflatable packaging or foam inserts. Even if your equipment is an older, previously-used model and you still have the original box, it may be able to repurpose the packing for your shipment. To avoid disappointment, be certain that the box is in perfect shape with no punctures, tears, or corner damage before proceeding. The UPS Store® locations can assist you in locating the laptop shipping box that is most appropriate for your needs, allowing you to save time and money. Aside from making certain that you’re shipping your laptop in the proper type of box, there are a few other important considerations to keep in mind while packing your computer to ensure that it arrives securely. Dust off and thoroughly clean the laptop, making certain that it is free of any moisture. Do a last check to ensure that the laptop is totally turned down, but do not attempt to remove or replace the battery.
- In order to prevent the machine from being mistakenly turned on while in transportation, cover the power button and volume buttons with a thin piece of cardboard or electrical tape. Place a small layer of bubble wrap or foam between the keyboard and the screen to protect the keys and the screen when the laptop is closed for more protection.
- Wrap the machine’s casing with plastic or bubble wrap to protect it from damage. Place the laptop in a plastic bag that fits snugly around it to protect it from any static electricity threats while it is in travel. Remove and secure with cable ties any cables, plug adapters, and other accessories that have been wrapped in bubble wrap separately.
- Place the device in a padded laptop box and cover any empty space with extra packaging material, such as foam inserts, to ensure that the machine is held firmly in place throughout shipping. Avoid using loose wrapping material since it is less efficient at keeping the laptop from sliding about while it is being transported. Fill the box with any extras you like.
- Make a little shake of the box to confirm that it is well packed and that there is no internal slide. If you don’t notice any sliding, close the box and tape it shut securely to prevent moisture from seeping inside.
You must take precautions to avoid overheating a laptop while transporting it via air transport.Double-check to ensure that the laptop is not only totally turned off, but also that it cannot be accidently turned back on on the journey home.Because of the heat and static electricity associated with air travel, the lithium ion batteries included in laptops are at danger of being damaged.
- When sending a laptop with lithium ion batteries within the United States, or when shipping across international borders, make a note of the restrictions that apply in the destination country.
- Attach any relevant labels or notes to the outside of your box using strong adhesive.
- Obtain information from UPS about any extra restrictions that may be applicable for bigger shipments of laptops.
- Laptops may be costly products, and they may contain sensitive data, so you should take reasonable precautions to secure your cargo, just as you would with any other important item in your possession.
- Consider raising the declared value of your shipment or purchasing insurance via UPS Capital to protect yourself against the possibility of damage or loss during package delivery.
In order to establish the most likely cost of sending your laptop, you can use the UPS Calculate Time & Cost tool.Make certain that your shipment is correctly labeled and that the delivery address has been checked.
The Cheapest Way to Ship a Computer
Knowing how to ship a computer correctly may save you both time and money in the long run.Computers are important commodities that must be shipped with care and attention to detail.There are several alternatives available, ranging from packaging to service levels in terms of delivery timeliness.
- When it comes to conserving money, proper packaging procedures and online delivery options are a need.
By organizing your PC shipment online, you may save money on shipping costs. If you purchase a shipping label online, the United States Postal Service is by far the most cost-effective method of sending a computer to a customer. You may order a mailing label from the comfort of your own home; all you need to know is the size and weight of your item.
Shipping services charge according to the degree of service provided.Customers who require expedited shipment must pay an additional fee.Expedited delivery options include overnight air, which will be significantly more expensive than ordinary base service.
- The basic service will be the least expensive delivery option.
- Expect it will take a few days for your delivery to arrive at its final destination.
- Always keep in mind that the most affordable service has a maximum weight limit of 70 pounds in order to qualify for the regular fee.
Rather than paying for the carrier service to pack the box, you may save a large amount of money by properly packing the products yourself and shipping them in your own box.Always keep in mind that a computer’s interior components are extremely delicate and might be harmed by vibration or dropping the box without sufficient protection.Always use packing bubble or foam to fill in any residual spaces in the box to keep the computer safe from harm when transporting it.
Never write the contents of the box on the exterior of the box, since criminals are known to target boxes that look to contain valuables on the outside of the box.Make sure to use enough of packing tape to fasten all of the box’s edges so that it will be less likely to be mistakenly opened.You may save money on shipping by not including insurance, but it’s always a good idea to do so if you’re delivering costly things.
- If you don’t have insurance, you’ll be liable for any lost or stolen things, which could cost you hundreds of dollars in replacement costs.
- References Biography of the Author Ben Alonzo has been writing science and technology material since 2005, and his work has included news, commentary, product reviews, and consumer guides, among other things.
- A+ information technology and emergency medical technician certificates, as well as a Master of Science in geoscience from Mississippi State University, are among his qualifications.
- He is also a graduate student in health science.
- Image courtesy of Photographs courtesy of Brand X Pictures/Getty Images.
How to Ship a Laptop: Everything You Need to Know
- The following are the most important statistics: 222.5 million laptops were shipped in 2020
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a cost-effective means to mail things domestically or internationally, including computers.
- If you’re seeking for the most cost-effective way to transport your laptop, UPS Ground is your best option.
Laptop computers are a vital, everyday item that many people rely on.In actuality, 222.5 million computers were shipped in 2020, according to industry estimates.As a result, you’ll want to be certain that your laptop is properly wrapped because they’re pricey electrical gadgets, and no one likes to receive a faulty shipment of goods.
- As a result of this blog, we’ll demonstrate how to transport a laptop in a secure and stress-free manner.
- Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
01 What Is the Price of Admission? 02 How to Ship Laptops in a Safe and Secure Manner Tips for Shipping Laptop Computers (No. 3) 04 How Easyship Can Be of Assistance
How Much Does It Cost?
- When it comes to shipping computers, there is no one-size-fits-all price. Regardless of the circumstances, the following factors influence the cost of shipping: Courier service, delivery speed, package weight, shipping distance, and package dimensions are all discussed.
In the end, the package weight and the shipping destination are the most important elements in deciding the ultimate cost of delivering laptops to their destination.But there’s no need to stress about calculating these fees on your own; we’ll go through the particular charges for shipping laptops with major couriers so you can determine which option is the most cost-effective for you and your eCommerce business.
Shipping with USPS
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a cost-effective means to mail things domestically or internationally, including computers. A medium or large flat rate box would be appropriate for mailing a 15-inch laptop computer. It costs $16.25 for a medium flat rate box and $22.65 for a large flat rate box, excluding any additional fees or charges. Consider the following scenario: you want to move a 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles. The choices for mailing your laptop with the United States Postal Service are shown below. Shipping costs are $75.60 for Priority Mail Express 1-Day, $27.95 for Priority Mail 2-Day, and $25.10 for USPS Retail Ground.
- Flat rate shipping from the United States Postal Service is the most cost-effective method of sending laptops. For example, when compared to typical USPS pricing, USPS Priority Mail 2-Day Medium Flat Rate provides faster delivery and tracking than the competition. Consider the following scenario: you wish to send the identical 5-pound laptop from New York to the United Kingdom. The following are the alternatives for USPS that are now available. Priority Mail Express International costs $91.50
- Priority Mail International costs $77.60
- Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box costs $108.50
- Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box costs $83.65
- Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box costs $108.50
- Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box costs $108.50
- Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box costs $83.65
- Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box costs $83.65
- Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box costs $83.65
If you’re seeking for the most expedient delivery service for your package, USPS Priority Mail is your best option.This shipping option is $91.00 and has a delivery lead time of 3 to 5 business days, depending on where you reside.However, if you’re seeking for the most affordable shipping option, Priority Mail International is the most cost-effective choice.
- If you work with an established shipping platform, you may save a significant amount of money on shipping costs.
- Easyship, for example, provides consumers with savings of up to 89 percent off reduced USPS shipping costs.
- Additionally, you will receive 24/7 customer care from our team of shipping professionals to ensure that your shipping experience is as stress-free as possible.
- Consider the following scenario: you want to move a 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles.
- The shipping prices that are currently available are listed here, courtesy of Easyship’s Free Shipping Rate Calculator.
For example, we can see that the cost of shipping a 5-pound laptop by USPS Priority Mail is $22.71, with a lead time of 1 to 3 business days.Plus, you’ll save more than $15 over the course of the year.Alternatively, USPS Media charges $6.34 for the same shipping and has a lead time of 2 to 10 business days.
- It is a cost-effective alternative.
- When it comes to shipping computers, whether you’re delivering locally or internationally, Easyship can help you save a lot of money on your shipping costs.
- Our network of premier international couriers can assist you in expanding your business globally while maintaining client satisfaction.
Shipping with UPS
- When it comes to sending local and international goods, UPS is the most trustworthy and speedy option available. Consider the following scenario: you want to move a 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles. The charges shown below are for delivering your laptop throughout the United States of America. Delivery by UPS Ground costs $20.85
- UPS Next Day Air costs $122.19
- and UPS 2nd Day Air costs $65.14.
- If you’re seeking for the most cost-effective way to transport your laptop, UPS Ground is your best option. Despite the fact that UPS Next Day Air can deliver your laptop to its destination for a greater fee, it is not recommended. Consider the following scenario: you’re transporting your laptop from New York to the United Kingdom. The charges for sending your laptop through UPS are listed below. UPS Worldwide Express Plus costs $270.03
- UPS Saver costs $222.30
- UPS Worldwide Express costs $225.53
- UPS Worldwide Expedited costs $202.69
- UPS Worldwide Expedited costs $202.69.
As you can see, shipping your laptop internationally will cost you a hefty lot.Easyship, on the other hand, offers users savings of up to 76 percent on UPS shipping.This means that you may continue to send laptops using UPS, but at a lower cost if you ship in large quantities.
- Consider the following scenario: you wish to send the identical 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles.
- The shipping prices calculated using our free shipping rates calculator are listed below.
- As we can see, shipping a 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles using UPS Ground costs $14.31.
- That implies that if you ship the identical UPS box through Easyship instead than UPS, you’ll save approximately $6.
- UPS Next Day Air, on the other hand, will cost you $55.86 and UPS 2nd Day Air will cost you $27.28 respectively.
Consider the following scenario: you’re sending the identical 5-pound cargo from New York to London.The rates that were determined using our free shipping rates calculator are listed below.As we can see, shipping with UPS Worldwide Expedited will cost us $48.67 in total.
- In addition, this shipping option has a delivery lead time of 2 business days and provides good tracking information for customers.
- All in all, if you’re searching for the lowest, quickest, or best value shipping rates, Easyship can give you with high-volume savings regardless of the size of your eCommerce business.
Shipping with FedEx
- FedEx is one of the world’s leading shipping companies, and you can rely on them to transport your laptop without any problem and in complete safety. Consider the following scenario: you want to move a 5-pound laptop from New York to Los Angeles. The following are the FedEx shipping prices for your convenience. FedEx First Overnight is $169.95
- FedEx 2-Day is $75.79
- FedEx Express Saver is $61.66. FedEx Express Saver is $61.66.
- Despite the high shipping charges, FedEx Express Saver is your best option if you’re looking for the most affordable FedEx shipping service from New York to Los Angeles. However, FedEx First Overnight is an option as well, but you’ll have to spend an arm and a leg for the shipment alone. For the time being, let’s consider the logistics of moving a 5-pound laptop from New York to the United Kingdom. The following are the current rates: FedEx International First costs $287.22
- FedEx International Priority costs $232.59
- FedEx International Economy costs $209.79
- FedEx International Economy costs $209.79.
FedEx provides dependable service, but it does so at a higher cost than other major carriers such as the United States Postal Service and UPS. Easyship, on the other hand, may save you up to 89 percent on over 250 different carriers. You will be able to select from our wide global network while saving a significant amount of money.
How to Package Laptops for Shipping
When shipping sensitive things such as computers, you’ll want to take the necessary steps to ensure that they arrive safely.
Choose the right box
Shipping computers requires particular packaging, especially if you want to avoid any damage to the laptops during the shipping process.As a result, you must choose a box that is large enough to accommodate your laptop without being too crowded.Idealistically, you’ll want a box that’s somewhat larger than the laptop, so that there’s enough room for cushioning filler on both sides of the computer.
- As a result, you’ll want to leave at least two inches of space between the laptop and the box’s walls so that the laptop doesn’t move around when you shake the package.
- ULINE sells corrugated shipping boxes that are ideal for sending laptops and other electronic equipment to customers.
- Take, for example, your laptop, which you can get for as cheap as 69 cents per package.
- Furthermore, you should add a second box, commonly known as your shipping box, in which you will store your laptop computer.
- This further reduces the likelihood of your laptop sliding around during travel.
If you don’t include this second box, your laptop runs the danger of shifting about in transit, which might cause harm.Also, don’t forget to use cushioning filler to fill up any gaps or voids that may exist.
Secure your package
- Selecting the proper box is critical, but you’ll also need to include the appropriate packing supplies in order to keep your laptop safe and secure in its box. When it comes to protecting your laptop during shipping, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and plastic wrap are your greatest buddies to have. Listed below are some suggestions for selecting packing supplies to keep your laptop safe and secure in its shipping container. Cushioning: Bubble wrap and packing peanuts help to hold your laptop in place and avoid shaking, which can cause it to crack or shatter.
- In addition to protecting your laptop from damage from fluids or moisture, plastic wrap can also help to keep your box safe from theft. Make sure to wrap your laptop in numerous layers of plastic wrap to keep it secure and shielded from extreme weather conditions for the best results.
- Shipping tape is a type of tape that is used to ship packages. Even though it may seem apparent, properly packing your laptop with shipping tape is like the icing on top of a sundae when it comes to shipping. Please make certain that you tape your box together on all four sides of the exterior packing.
Providing your laptop is put in an acceptable box with adequate packaging materials, you will be on the right track to shipping your laptop safely. However, you aren’t quite there yet.
Label your package correctly
Be sure to add a label on the outside of the box so that it’s clearly visible that the package contains a lithium-ion battery before you start sending it out the door.You’ll also want to include a ″fragile″ label on your package to protect it from being damaged during transportation.If something goes wrong and you don’t have the necessary labeling, you face the danger of being fined a lot of money.
- As a result, make certain that your shipment is properly labeled, and the rest should go smoothly.
Research shipping restrictions
The majority of courier companies enable clients to send personal gadgets, such as laptops, that include lithium-ion batteries to their destination.For example, UPS, FedEx, and the United States Postal Service all accept lithium-ion battery shipments as long as you meet their shipping criteria.Regardless of whether courier company is used, all lithium batteries are considered dangerous commodities and must be designated as dangerous goods.
- Laptops with lithium-ion batteries that are damaged or malfunctioning are not permitted to be shipped.
- This is due to the fact that faulty or damaged batteries exposed to extremely high temperatures have the ability to cause a fire to ignite.
Tips for Shipping Laptops
Laptops are costly things, so you’ll want to make sure that you put additional time and care into the packaging to ensure that it is protected from harm.Additional considerations include special restrictions and regulations for exporting laptops with lithium batteries as well as the cost of shipping if you want to ship internationally.We all want our laptop to arrive in good condition and undamaged.
- So, here are a few pointers to assist you in navigating the process of shipping computers.
Use shipping insurance
Shipping insurance provides protection for businesses against the loss, theft, or damage of packages.Furthermore, it is an excellent technique to provide yourself with some piece of mind about your laptop.It is believed that 5-15 percent of shipments fail to reach their intended destination due to theft or logistical challenges, therefore it is beneficial to take extra precautions, especially when shipping high-value commodities.
- Most carriers, such as the United States Postal Service, FedEx, and UPS, will cover domestic and international packages with a value of up to $100 at no charge.
- However, for high-value things such as computers, you’ll want a higher level of security than that.
- Easyship provides consumers with shipping insurance coverage of up to $10,000 for any shipment.
- Apart from that, consumers may save up to 89 percent off discounted shipping costs on more than 250 courier services.
- In other words, you may acquire the security you need without incurring any additional expenses, all while saving critical time and money.
Follow lithium-ion battery regulations
Because laptops use lithium-ion batteries, you’ll need to pay close attention to any unique rules that may apply.Failure to comply with lithium-ion battery rules might result in significant financial penalties, particularly if something goes wrong.Major carriers like as FedEx, UPS, and the United States Postal Service (USPS) require you to mark your cargo on the exterior packing.
- Anyone who handles your delivery will be aware that it includes lithium batteries as a result of this.
- As long as it is visible to individuals who come into contact with your package, the rest of the process should be straightforward.
How Easyship Can Help
- It is not difficult to ship laptop computers. In reality, if you box your laptop properly, it is pretty simple to accomplish. Furthermore, you’ll want to be certain that the delivery courier is capable of transporting lithium-ion batteries. Easyship can transport your computers safely and efficiently, saving you both time and money in the process. Users may save up to 89 percent off reduced shipping costs on more than 250 different carriers with this service. Easyship also gives up to $5,000 in shipping insurance for each cargo that is processed via the company. Are you prepared to transport laptops? Sign up for a free Easyship account today and get shipping right away. If you found this article to be interesting, you might also be interested in the following: Learn how to ship ice cream for your eCommerce business.
- Tips for shipping packages safely in 2021
- How to Ship Large and Heavy Items
- How to Ship a Package in 2021
Which is cheaper UPS or USPS?
Laptops are not a difficult item to ship internationally.To be honest, it’s very simple to do so as long as you box your laptop properly.You’ll also want to confirm that your delivery courier is capable of transporting lithium-ion batteries.
- Easyship can transport your computers safely and efficiently, saving you both time and money in the process!
- Save up to 89 percent on reduced shipping costs on more than 250 carriers by using this service..
- Shipments made with Easyship are also covered by shipping insurance up to $5,000.
- Getting computers sent is a breeze.
- Start shipping right now by creating a free Easyship account today!
These resources may be of interest to you if you found this article to be informative.Learn how to ship ice cream for your online store.Tips for shipping packages safely in 2021; Shipping Large and Heavy Items; How to Ship Packages Safely in 2021;
What’s the difference between UPS and USPS?
It is not true that UPS and the United States Postal Service are the same organization.UPS and the United States Postal Service are two independent organizations, although they both provide package delivery services in the United States and across the world.It is the responsibility of the United States Postal Service (USPS), often known as the Post Office, to provide postal services in the United States, which include domestic and international delivery of small to big items.
- United Package Service (UPS) is a global logistics firm that provides parcel delivery services, as well as specialized logistics solutions for large freight, to customers all over the world.
- UPS has operations in more than 100 countries.
Which is cheaper UPS or USPS?
People frequently inquire whether UPS is less expensive than USPS.That is dependent on the size of the package you are shipping and the location to which it is being shipped.In general, UPS is more cost-effective when shipping large shipments, and USPS is more cost-effective when mailing small things.
- However, if you’re searching for a low-cost ground shipping option in the United States and your package weighs less than 66lbs, USPS Parcel Select will be somewhat less expensive than UPS Ground; however, the travel time will be significantly longer.
- UPS Ground is the most cost-effective option for big items (above 70 pounds).
- Fortunately, when you compare shipping costs with Parcel Monkey, we’ll provide a selection of courier services that are appropriate for the size and destination of your cargo, allowing you to compare pricing and travel times in one convenient location.
Look out for our Secret Deals!
Getting a quote from Parcel Monkey may not reveal that UPS Ground is available; nevertheless, this does not imply that it isn’t available. The fact that our pricing are so competitive leads us to offer UPS Ground as one of our Secret Deals. obtain an estimate and see if you can tell which one is being discussed. Request a quote
UPS Vs USPS prices
To give you an example, below is how UPS shipping costs compare to USPS shipping rates when sending a 15lb box inside the United States of America. * The above is only an illustration. Prices are subject to change without notice.
USPS Vs UPS International Shipping
Is UPS or USPS cheaper for international shipping?
It depends on where you’re sending to and the size of your shipment how much it costs to ship internationally with UPS and the US Postal Service.Using the USPS to ship a 10lb item to Canada, for example, may be less expensive; but, using UPS to ship the same product to the United Kingdom is normally less expensive.The most accurate approach to compare the costs of international shipping with UPS and USPS is to request an international shipping quotation via our shipping calculator.
- In a matter of seconds, you’ll learn which shipping method is the most cost-effective for your delivery.
UPS Worldwide Expedited Vs USPS Priority Mail – which is best?
The services of UPS Worldwide Expedited and the United States Postal Service Priority Mail International are both fully tracked, reliable, and trusted for sending international packages; however, which service is best for you? To assist you in making your decision, we’ve compared the two services listed below so that you can make an informed choice:
|Service||UPS Worldwide Expedited||USPS Priority Mail|
|Shipping labels provided||Yes||Yes|
|Transit times||2-5 business days to Europe||6-10 business days to Europe|
|Weight limits||Up to 130lbs||Up to 70lbs|
|Protection cover||$100 (included) Option to extend to $500||$100 (included) Option to extend to $300|
Still not sure?
Consider the following questions for yourself:
Compare more UPS and USPS services
Alternatively, if you’d like to compare additional UPS and USPS services, simply input the destination, weight, and dimensions of your parcel into our courier comparison tool to begin the comparison process. Courier services are compared.
How To Ship A Laptop On A Budget (UPS Vs. USPS Vs. FedEx)
You may also have your laptop mailed to you instead of taking it with you when traveling.This is in addition to owning a travel laptop.In this post, we will explore shipping alternatives from the most reputable carriers, as well as the most cost-effective way to ship a laptop.
- When it comes to shipping a laptop, the thought might be worrisome.
- The image above depicts your prized possession being placed in a flimsy cardboard box, thrown around by delivery handlers, and knocked around by other shipments.
- To even contemplate this situation gives me the shivers.
- When preparing to send your laptop, consider what type of protection, if any, you want to provide for your laptop while it is in transit.
- Alternatively, do you like to pack it in your own box?
Alternatively, would you want to hire a professional to do it for you at an extra cost?
How To Ship A Laptop By Yourself
- Make sure you use a screen protector on your laptop to keep it from becoming scratched
- Dress in gently cushioned garments or a padded laptop case
- In the midst of your padded garment, place your laptop computer.
- Cover your system’s whole perimeter, from top to bottom, with only soft m