The People’s Republic of China’s national postal service, China Post, has allocated postal code 999077 to Hong Kong, although this is only sporadically used when sending mail from Mainland China.
Hong Kong does not have any zip or postal codes. According to postal workers in the city, the city is so small that it is easy to deliver the mail without sorting it based on postal codes. If someone from Hong Kong orders something from an online vendor and requires a postal code, they can simply use five zeros or place HK in that field.
How to call Hong Kong from the US?
How to call Hong Kong from United States: 011 – United States exit code to dial first when calling international. 852 – Hong Kong country code must be dialed next. 011 + 852 + Local Number – Overall dialing code format.
What is is Hong Kong’s postal code?
Hong Kong Postal Code = 999077 (Postal code is not used in Hong Kong) Hong Kong Postal Address Format:- 1.
What is the telephone country code for Hong Kong?
Use the below form to find the country code. Given below is the Hong Kong country code for calling Hong Kong from abroad. The country code for Hong Kong is +852. This country code, along with the area code, is required to call a telephone number in Hong Kong from another country.
Hong Kong Area Code & Zip Code
|City||Area Code||Zip Code|
|Hong Kong||852||No zip code|
Check out this related article: How to Make Phone Calls
Selected Questions and Answers:
- Answered by Ms.Sharon (USA)I’m looking for the zipcode for The Peak, Hong Kong.
- Is there a location like that?
- Phillips responded to the question (South Africa) I’m from from South Africa, and I’ve been to Hong Kong a few times.
- Yes, there is a location in Hong Kong known as the Peak, which is located right above Midlevels and Central.
- Beautiful view of Hong Kong from the top of the hill!
- I always send presents and offerings to my boyfriend in Hong Kong, and I’ve never had to use a code to do so.
- I hope that is of assistance.
- Nat B.
- had posed the question (Philippines) Hello, I’m a little unclear about whose mobile phone service provider this number belongs to.
- It’s possible that it originates in Hong Kong, but is there a method to find out who the service provider is?
- similar to the philippines Smart wireless is represented by the numbers 0920, 0928, and 0908.
- 6372 xxxxxx is the telephone number in HONG KONG.
- Thank you very much.
- Mrs.Lassie provided the response (Hong Kong) In contrast to the Philippines, you could not tell who the phone service provider was just by looking at the number.
- When switching from service provider A to service provider B in Hong Kong, you have the option of choosing or even bringing your own phone number with you as long as you do not have any outstanding contracts or invoices with your present provider.
Mrs.Simone had inquired about it (Germany) Hi!I’m just getting ready to travel on a business trip to Kowloon, Hong Kong, and I’m looking for a suitable hotel around the Wing Hong Street area.The Luxo Manor, the Harbour Grand Kowloon, and the Royal Garden Hotels have all been suggested to me as possibilities.Which of the following hotels is the most conveniently located near the specified area?What is the driving distance between the airport and the hotel?It would be really appreciated if someone could assist me in this matter:-) Thank you so much for your help and assistance.
- Simone Mr.
- Jerry responded to the question.
- All of the hotels you recommend are located far away from Wing Hong Street and close to Lai Chi kok.
- If I had to select the best, I would say it is Luxo Manor.
- You may take the Tsuen Wan mtr line to Lai Chi Kok from Jordan mtr station, which is close by.
By bus, the hotel is approximately 50 minutes from the airport.- This page was last edited on February 28, 2022.- Questions and Answers about Hong Kong’s Geographical Area and Zip Code Answered by Karina from VIETNAM at 11:07 a.m.on February 25, 2022 Reply The address of Flat C, 26/F, Gee Chang Hong Centre, 65 Wong Chuk Hang Road in Hong Kong is: 65 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong.Tks!
- Questions and Answers (1) Answered by Louis at 17:47 UTC on February 25, 2022.
- As far as I am aware, there is no zip code for a Hong Kong address.
- Minalin from HONG KONG posed the question on January 4, 2022, at 00:51.
Reply I’m looking for information on the post office or zip code in Ma on shan, NT Hong Kong.Questions and Answers (1) Sybel responded to your question on January 6, 2022 at 10:5400.Reply In Hong Kong, there is no such thing as a zip code or a post code.Asked by Karen Fister from AUSTRALIA on October 30, 2021 at 05:30 a.m.
|Reply Repulse Bay Hong Kong is located in the following postcode or zip code: Repulse Bay is located in Hong Kong’s district of Repulse Bay.Because Amazon will not accept your address until it has been submitted, Questions and Answers (1) Answered by Olivia at 11:0600 on November 1, 2021 999077 is the response.Mercy had inquired about it.Posted by Nina Salazar from the PHILIPPINES on July 15, 2021 at 09:15AM 3/F West Wing,15, Robinson Road,Midlevels (HKSAR) – what is the zipcode for this location?
- The following are the answers: (1)Answered by Lilian on July 19, 2021 at 01:2600Reply 999077
What Is the Zip Code of Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong does not have a postal code or a postal zip code.
- According to postal workers in the city, because the city is so tiny, it is simple to distribute mail without having to sort it according to postal codes or other criteria.
- If a customer from Hong Kong purchases anything from an online merchant and the vendor requests a postal code, they can simply enter five zeros or the letters HK in the appropriate form.
- The Chinese territory of Hong Kong is a special administrative region, and as a result, it does not have all of the same regulations and programs as other parts of the nation.
- Postal codes are used throughout all of China’s other regions, from the major cities to the remotest countryside.
- With Macau, the country’s other special administrative area, the lone exception is the United States.
- Despite the fact that postal codes are used to assist in the sorting of mail in nations all over the world, the term ZIP code is only often heard in the United States.
- Zone improvement plan (ZIP) is an abbreviation for Zone Improvement Plan and refers to a plan that was implemented in 1963.
- The United States Postal Service anticipated that by designating a particular five-digit number to each location, its employees would be able to sort mail more correctly and efficiently.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM REFERENCE.COM
What is the zip code for Discovery Bay Hong Kong?
DESCRIPTION: DISCOVERY BAY HONG KONG’s pin code or postal code number is 400018…. In the Maharashtra state of DISCOVERY BAY HONG KONG, the zip code is 400018.
What is the zip code for Discovery Bay CA?
Discovery Bay/Zip codes: 94505 and 94513.
Is there a postal code in Hong Kong?
There is a postal code 999077 for mail from the mainland to the city, however it is unheard of in local postage and is only seldom used. Hong Kong, in contrast to many other nations and localities throughout the world, does not have a postal code.
Which province is Hong Kong in?
Listen)), formally the Hong Kong Special Administrative Territory of the People’s Republic of China (HKSAR), is a city and special administrative region of the People’s Republic of China located on the eastern Pearl River Delta in South China….
|Hong Kong 香港|
|Official scripts||Traditional Chinese English alphabet|
What is Discovery Bay area code?
The area code is 925. Codes for the Discovery Bay/Area
What is the zip code for Livermore California?
94551 Livermore/Zip codes (94550 94551
What is Kowloon postcode?
China Post, the official postal service of the People’s Republic of China, has assigned the postal code 999077 to Hong Kong, despite the fact that this code is only sometimes used when delivering mail from Mainland China.
Where is Discovery Bay on Lantau?
Geographically, it is located in the northeastern portion of Lantau Island, and it consists of two bays. It is possible to have an up-close look at any of the 14 residential complexes in Discovery Bay by visiting our neighborhood and building guides, which contain high-resolution images of the various buildings and neighborhoods.
What is Lantau Island in Hong Kong?
Lantau Island appears to be a series of hills that rise out of the ocean, similar to the way much of Hong Kong’s geography appears to be. In the heart of the city, DB is sandwiched between the hills and the sea, with both surroundings easily accessible from the margins of the built sections.
Why choose Discovery Bay?
Exploration Bay, a tranquil resort development on the northeastern coast of Lantau Island, is set against a backdrop of mountains and surrounded by the stunning South China Sea. It is a tranquil haven away from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong. The location provides a diverse array of food alternatives as well as recreational opportunities.
How far is Discovery Bay from Disneyland?
In addition to being positioned around 12 kilometers west of the nearest point on Hong Kong Island, DB is also located 2 kilometers west of the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. Since its inception in April 2018, Discovery Bay has grown to include fifteen distinct residential construction stages, with residences ranging from garden cottages to low, mid, and high rise buildings.
Purpose of Postcode
The primary goal of designing a postcode system is to make it easier to sort and distribute mail items, with the ultimate goal of increasing the efficiency of postal operations.
Why Postcode System is not adopted in Hong Kong?
On the basis of the following grounds, the postcode system in Hong Kong has not been implemented:
- It is estimated that Hongkong Post’s automated letter sorting system can recognize over 90% of mail items with printed or written English addresses as well as printed Chinese addresses. The technology is also capable of sorting the mail items into particular delivery beats. However, it is unclear that the adoption of postcodes will significantly improve the overall efficiency of postal operations.
- Postcodes from other postal administrations are typically comprised of five to seven digits, and they identify all of the buildings serviced by mail delivery by district and by street, respectively.
- If each of the three million local residential and business addresses is to be allocated a postcode that is both unique and structured, postcodes with up to 15 digits may be required, depending on the situation.
- It follows that using such a postcode scheme in Hong Kong is unfriendly to the public.
Given the fact that mail delivery in Hong Kong continues to meet a very high performance level despite the absence of a postcode system, we do not intend to implement such a system in the future.
How to input Hong Kong postcode at website?
If a website(s) requires you to enter a Hong Kong postcode, you can either leave the form blank or try to fill it in with the letters ″000″, ″0000″, ″000000,″ or ″HKG,″ which are commonly used by others these days to avoid being detected.
What is the Zip Code or Postal Code for Hong Kong zip codes?
- Hong Kong zip codes zip codes are sometimes referred to as Hong Kong zip codes postal code or Hong Kong zip codes postcode, depending on where you live in the world.
- view the entire list of all Hong Kong zip codes zip codes in Hong Kong zip codes to see the complete list of all Hong Kong zip codes An address in Hong Kong is identified by a postal code (also known as a postcode, pin code, or ZIP code), which consists of six digits that are affixed to the address for the purpose of sorting mail.
Postal Codes for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Postal Codes in Hong Kong Islands 999077 Kwai Tsing 999077 North 999077 Sai Kung 999077 Tai Po 999077 Sha Tin 999077 Tsuen Wan 999077 Tuen Mun District 999077 Kowloon City 999077 Sham Shui Po 999077 Wong Tai Sin 999077 Yau Tsim Mong 999077 Central & Western 999077 Eastern 999077 Southern 999077 Wan Chai 999077 Kw People have also inquired.
- Do addresses in Hong Kong have postal codes?
- What is the zip code for the Kowloon district of Hong Kong?
- Which country does Hong Kong belong to?
- What is the total number of cities in Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong’s postal code 00000 Fedex hong Kong zip code hong kong zip code hong kong zip code Amazon Hong Kong Zip Code 999077 Ups Hong Kong Zip Code 999077 Repulse Bay Hong Kong Zip Code 999077 Amazon Hong Kong Zip Code 999077 Ups Hong Kong Zip Code 999077 What is the postal code for Hong Kong?
- Does Hong Kong have postal codes?
How to Call Hong Kong
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded It might be difficult to figure out how to make a phone call from outside of the nation.
- There is no exemption when it comes to calling Hong Kong.
- Although this procedure appears to be scary at first, it becomes much less so if you understand everything about calling from outside your nation as well as the precise details required to contact Hong Kong.
- The process of making a call to a landline phone in Hong Kong differs somewhat from the process of making a call to a mobile phone.
- Calling Hong Kong on a regular basis might be expensive, but utilizing an international calling card can help you save some money on your calls.
- 1Call the number 011. You must first dial 011 on your phone’s keypad in order to make a call to a Hong Kong landline from a landline or a mobile phone in the United States. This is the country-specific international access code for the United States.
- 2Call the number 852.
- After that, press the number 852 on your keypad.
- This is the country code for Hong Kong, and it can be found here. Advertisement
- 3Input the phone number with eight digits. Unlike many other countries, Hong Kong phone numbers are made up of eight digits. Please enter these eight digits using the keypad on your phone.
- 4 To send the message, click the send button. You can complete your call to Hong Kong after you have entered the international access code, the country code, and the phone number. International calls are typically charged at a per-minute fee by the majority of phone carriers. Generally speaking, this rate is around 17 cents per minute. Make sure you know what rate you’ll be charged by your service provider before you dial their number.
- 5 Find out how to dial the international access code in order to make calls from other countries.
- If you are calling Hong Kong from a country other than the United States, you will need to know the international access code, also known as the exit code, for that country in order to make the connection.
- A list of these codes may be found by conducting a short search on the Internet.
- As soon as you have obtained the exit code, dial *852 followed by the phone number you are attempting to contact in Hong Kong to make a phone call.
- After that, you may make your call.
- It should be noted that not every country has a unique departure code.
- Take, for example, the international access code 00 which is used by numerous nations worldwide.
- 1Call the number 011. When making a mobile phone call in Hong Kong, you must still dial the international access code for the United States of America (IACD). To do so, press the number 011 on your phone’s keypad.
- 2Call the number 852.
- In addition, the country code for Hong Kong must be supplied.
- Enter the number 852 on your phone’s keypad.
- 3 Input the mobile area code if you have one. According to the mobile provider, cell phones in Hong Kong begin with an area code of 5, 6, or 9, depending on the model. This number should be entered using the keypad on your phone. If you need assistance establishing the right mobile area code for a certain Hong Kong cellular provider, dial 00 to connect to an overseas operator.
- Given Hong Kong’s fast expanding population, mobile operators are beginning to utilize the area codes 4 and 7 as well.
- 4Phone the mobile phone number. After that, using the keypad on your phone, input the 8-digit mobile number.
- 5 Finally, click ″Send.″
- You may place your call once you have entered your international access code, country code, cell phone area code, and mobile number by pressing the Send button. You can also try using the additional sign (+) before the mobile area code, if you are calling from a mobile phone and your call does not go through after entering all of the information shown above.
- 1 Get yourself a calling card for overseas calls. For those who often make phone calls to Hong Kong, a calling card may be a good cost-saving solution. When you purchase an international calling card, you are effectively acquiring credit for overseas phone calls. Calling cards are generally priced between $10 and $50 per card. In general, the more expensive the credit card, the more calling credit you will be entitled to earn. As there are several possibilities when selecting a calling card, make sure to compare them and carefully read the small print to determine which one is the most appropriate for your needs.
- Whether you use a calling card or not, you will still be charged a per-minute cost.
- This rate, on the other hand, will almost certainly be far less expensive than phoning without using a calling card.
- The per-minute pricing for calling cards will vary, but will often begin at one or two cents per minute. Be cautious of hidden fees and charges while using calling cards.
- Many calling card companies charge a connecting fee or a weekly cost in addition to the calling card price.
- Step 2: Dial the access code that appears on your calling card.
- An access number will be printed on the back of your calling card.
- Before calling the Hong Kong telephone number, enter this number into your phone’s dial pad.
- When making international calls, it is critical that you input the access code correctly; otherwise, you will be charged the standard per-minute cost for international calls instead of the lower rate that your calling card gives.
- 3Input your PIN number. The majority of calling cards need you to select a PIN. After you have entered your calling card access number, you should be required to enter your PIN.
- 4Dial the telephone number that was provided. After you’ve entered your PIN, type in the 8-digit Hong Kong telephone number you’re attempting to call
- 5th, hit the submit button. To make your phone call, press the transmit button on your phone’s screen. Advertisement
- Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Many mobile service providers have plans that are specifically designed for international calling. Check out these international calling plans to determine if one of them would be a suitable fit for your needs and budget. If you want to make regular phone calls to Hong Kong, this might save you money in the long term.
- Preserve a record of the current local Hong Kong time before making phone calls to prevent phoning individuals at unreasonably early hours in the morning or late at night. Unlike the rest of the world, Hong Kong operates on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) +08:00, which means it is five hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement When making outbound telephone calls to international numbers outside of the United States, the majority of landline and cellular providers charge higher rates than domestic calls. Prior to making a phone call to Hong Kong, check with your telephone service provider to confirm the rates and costs that will apply.
- Make sure to read the fine print on any calling cards or cell services you purchase.
- There may be additional costs that are not disclosed and might pile up rapidly.
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleXTo make a landline phone call in Hong Kong, begin by dialing the international access code of the country from which you are calling.
- You can use 011 as your access code if you’re phoning from the United States, for example.
- To call Hong Kong, dial +852, which is the country code for the Chinese territory.
- To contact a mobile phone in Hong Kong, you’ll also need to know the mobile area code, which should be entered after the country code and before the 8-digit phone number, as seen below.
- Then, input the 8-digit phone number and click on the ″send″ button.
- Continue reading to find out how to make a phone call to Hong Kong using an international calling card.
- Did you find this overview to be helpful?
- Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 27,735 times so far.
Hong Kong Country Code
To find out the country code, fill out the form below.
Country Code for Hong Kong
The Hong Kong country code may be found in the table below if you are calling Hong Kong from another country.
|Code Type||Country Code|
|Hong Kong Telephone Country Code||+852|
|Country Code (ISO, 2 letter)||HK|
|Country Code (ISO, 3 letter)||HKG|
- The international dialing code for Hong Kong is +852.
- It is necessary to dial this country code in addition to the area code in order to reach a telephone number in Hong Kong from another country.
- When calling Hong Kong from another country, you must also include an international dialing prefix that is particular to the country from which you are calling before the Hong Kong country code.
- Visit our How to Call Hong Kong page for information on how to call a telephone number in Hong Kong, including the area code and other facts.
What is a country code?
- Short alphabetic or numeric geographical codes (geocodes) have been established to represent nations and dependent regions for use in data processing and telecommunications.
- Country codes are used to represent countries and dependent territories in data processing and telecommunications.
- Country codes, also known as international dialing codes or International Standard Dialing Codes, are widely used to refer to these codes.
Hong Kong Postal Codes
- The following is the most comprehensive and accurate database of Hong Kong postal codes or Hong Kong zip codes available anywhere on the internet.
- On this page, information about Hong Kong postal/zip codes is offered based on the most recent versions of the postcode database that has been shared by the government via the internet.
- Note that, in contrast to other websites that provide zip code / postal code databases, we have only attempted to share real operating indexes/codes; therefore, there is no outdated information, and you can be absolutely certain that the index found on our website will be exactly valid and correspond to the selected address.
- Postal Codes and Zip Codes for Hong Kong.
- To determine your postal code, use Ctrl + F and begin entering the name of your neighborhood.
|Tuen Mun District||999077|
|Sham Shui Po||999077|
|Wong Tai Sin||999077|
|Yau Tsim Mong||999077|
|Central & Western||999077|
|Yuen Long District||999077|
- In Canada, postcodes do not include the letters ″D,″ ″F,″ ″I,″ ″O,″ and ″Q″ because the unique optical character recognition (OCR) machinery used to sort mail might produce mistakes.
- W and Z are utilized in the indexing process, however postal codes never begin with any of these letters.
- The letter-number-letter formula used in the creation of the Canadian postal code combination includes a space after the third letter or number in the formula (for example, A9A 9A9).
- The volume of mailings has become so large over time that it has become necessary to streamline the sorting of letters into categories.
- It was even considered ideal to have this procedure automated.