USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Options
|Small Box||8 11/16′ x 5 7/16′ x 1 3/4′||$9.45|
|Medium Boxes||11 1/4′ x 8 3/4′ x 6′ or 14′ x 12′ x 3 1/2′||$16.10|
|Large Box||12-1/4′ x 12-1/4′ x 6′ or 24-1/16′ x 11-7/8′ x 3-1/8′||$21.50|
|APO/FPO Box||12-1/4′ x 12-1/4′ x 6′||$20.00|
There are five standardized PO box sizes. They’re designated sizes 1 through 5, with 1 being the smallest and 5 the largest. Size 5 isn’t pictured, but it’s roughly twice as wide as size 4. PO box sizes are standardized across the entire Post Office.
What is the standard size of a postal box?
Double Wall Standard Style Boxes Small – up to 225mm length Medium – 225 – 350mm length Large – greater than 350mm length Tall/Long Double Wall Boxes Single Wall Postal Boxes Single Wall Royal Mail Postal Boxes Letter Box Friendly Single Wall Standard Style Postal Boxes Pizza Style EasyFold Postal Boxes Other Single Wall EasyFold Postal Boxes
What are the sizes of USPS regional rate boxes?
USPS Regional Rate boxes come in three sizes by weight: 1 Regional Rate Box A (up to 15 pounds) 2 Regional Rate Box B (up to 20 pounds) 3 Regional Rate Box C (up to 25 pounds) More
How many letters can you put in a post office box?
Across the U.S. Postal Service, PO Boxes are available in 5 sizes. However, not all Post Offices have every size. Our smallest box fits 10-15 letter-sized envelopes or up to 2 rolled magazines. The square option can accommodate 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines.
How many types of shipping boxes does USPS offer?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a range of shipping boxes to match its shipping services, including: 1 USPS Flat Rate boxes 2 USPS Regional Rate boxes 3 USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate boxes More
What sizes are the free boxes at the post office?
The Listed Outer Dimensions of Each Free USPS Box
What kind of boxes does the post office sell?
Where to Find Boxes. You can purchase boxes and tubes of various sizes at most Post Offices. Select Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail boxes are available free at the Post Office for items sent using either of these services.
Is it cheaper to use a flat rate box or your own box USPS?
USPS Flat Rate Envelopes are almost ALWAYS the cheapest option. However, use your own envelope for packages weighing exactly 1 lb. and traveling locally. And if your package weighs less than 1 lb., use your own envelope and ship via USPS First-Class Package Service.
Can you pick up free boxes at the post office?
No cost to you whatsoever. As long as you’re after USPS Priority Mail packaging, you can either pick up free boxes by walking into your local Post Office, or you can order them online on the USPS website.
What is the size of a large priority mail box?
Benefits Of Using Priority Mail Flat Rate With Stamps.com
|Priority Mail® Flat Rate Options||Maximum Weight||Outside Dimensions|
|Medium Flat Rate Box – Side Loading||up to 70 lbs.||14″ x 12″ x 3 1⁄2″|
|Large Flat Rate Box||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄4″ x 12 1⁄4″ x 6″|
|APO/FPO Large Box||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄4″ x 12 1⁄4″ x 6″|
What’s the largest box USPS will ship?
The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. USPS Retail Ground pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices). Regardless of the size of the mailpiece, the maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece is 70 pounds.
What size boxes does UPS have?
Common Box Dimensions By Simple Rate Size
|UPS Simple Rate Size||Extra Small||Medium|
|Common Box Dimensions||8 x 6 x 2 6 x 4 x 4 11 x 9 x 1 4 x 4 x 4||13 x 11 x 2 12 x 9 x 6 13 x 12 x 4 8 x 8 x 8|
How much is USPS large Flat Rate box?
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
|Free Supplies8||Shipping Price|
|Large Flat Rate Box||$19.20 Commercial Base $21.50 at Post Office & Online|
|APO/FPO/DPO Flat Rate Box||$17.70 Commercial Base $20.00 at Post Office & Online|
|Large Flat Rate Board Game Box||$19.20 Commercial Base $21.50 at Post Office & Online|
Can I use an Amazon box to ship USPS?
Yes, you can reuse Amazon boxes for your next shipping, whether through the post or courier companies! You have to make sure that you cover the previous labels so that the parcel does not end up delivered to another destination.
Is it cheaper to send 2 small boxes or one big box?
There is a minimum fee that you have to pay for each package you send so it is generally much cheaper to send one slightly bigger box than two smaller boxes. Just remember when shipping those Christmas presents that to get cheap shipping just send one big box with packing bubbles instead of multiple packages.
Is it cheaper to send 2 boxes or 1 big box?
If possible, it’s often better to ship two smaller boxes rather than one large, heavy box. This will spread the weight of your cargo over two smaller parcels, which can significantly reduce your shipping costs especially if the large box would qualify for large or oversized pricing.
Does USPS charge by weight or size?
For First-Class Mail, shape and weight will determine the price. For Priority Mail, the price is a combination of weight, size, and how far the mailpiece is traveling. Priority Mail pieces that exceed one cubic foot, are subject to ‘dimensional weight pricing’.
Can you just take boxes from the post office?
Anyone can go to the post office and pick up these boxes for free. They work on the premise of “if it fits, it ships,” which gives plenty of options to anyone mailing a package and gives some breathing room to those who regularly mail higher-density objects.
Are flat rate boxes free to take?
Free boxes. USPS flat rate boxes are free. Merchants can simply order them at no cost and start shipping. Merchants will still need to purchase packing peanuts or similar cushioning material, but not having to pay as much as $1 per box can be huge savings.
Can I use my own box for USPS?
Yes, so long as you’re not shipping via Flat Rate. If you’re shipping Priority Mail Commercial from home, you can use any box you want. Just be sure to remove any old postal barcodes or labels.
What are the dimensions of a post office box?
How much does a post office box cost?
PO Box Cost Overview. The cost of a PO box can vary greatly depending on your location. For example, renting an extra small box for three months can be as little as $10 in some areas and as much as $67 in other areas. You can get a rough idea of prices from the data below, which shows the average prices for PO boxes in all ZIP codes.
What size PO Box do I Need?
Royal Mail Postal Boxes
A box for Royal Mail Post is what I’m looking for.Right now, right now!Boxes 2 Go provide a selection of cardboard boxes that are manufactured to fit into the typical sizes of Royal Mail postal boxes.
LARGE LETTER (PIP): Our Pricing in Proportion boxes are particularly designed to allow you to send them by Royal Mail as Large Letters rather than Small Parcels, so avoiding the extra postal fees that would be paid if you sent them as Small Parcels.These boxes are ideal for shipping small products such as jewelry, computer components, and other small objects.Miniature Parcel: These boxes are designed to fit inside the Royal Mail Small Parcel format (which specifies a maximum external dimension of 455x355x160mm) and are suitable for mailing out books, photo frames, clocks, calendars, mugs, and other small items.
Cardboard boxes manufactured to be the perfect size for Royal Mail Medium Parcel format (which states maximum external dimensions of 610mm 460mm and maximum internal dimensions of 445m) and are designed to be suitable for larger items such as soft furnishings, clothing, and other items of a more fragile nature.If you are unable to locate what you are looking for or simply want some assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 03300 020788 and a member of our staff would be pleased to assist you.1–16 of 183 total results displayed
USPS Boxes 101: Sizes, Prices & Restrictions
- Important Points: The United States Postal Service provides free shipping boxes to go along with most of its shipping services, however you’ll have to pay for USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate boxes.
- USPS boxes can be ordered online or obtained from your local post office.
- By using our Free Shipping Costs Calculator, Easyship can help you save up to 70% off reduced USPS shipping rates.
- In order to complement its shipping services, the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a variety of shipping boxes, including:USPS Flat Rate boxes
- USPS Regional Rate boxes
- USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate boxes
- and USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate boxes.
Choosing the most appropriate USPS boxes is an important step in obtaining the lowest possible USPS shipping prices.Unfortunately, most USPS boxes are not free to order, but they may be ordered on the USPS website.Do you want to transport packages using your own boxes through the United States Postal Service?
You can, but only if you use Flat Rate shipping.Flat-rate shipping must be done through the United States Postal Service (USPS).Read this blog to find out the ins and outs of determining which USPS box is the best fit for your next cargo.
Easyship can assist you in saving up to 70% on USPS shipments, regardless of the sort of box you choose to ship in.This is due to the fact that Easyship provides you with access to the Commercial Plus Pricing rates from the United States Postal Service.Read on to learn about the various USPS boxes, their pricing and the shipping alternatives that are available to you through this page.
Table of Contents
01 3 Different Types of United States Postal Service Boxes 02 How Much Do United States Postal Service Boxes Cost? 03 How to Get the Lowest Possible Rate from the United States Postal Service Easyship shipping is available for 04 USPS boxes. 05 Frequently Asked Questions About USPS Shipping Boxes
3 Types of USPS Boxes
Take a look at these three different types of USPS boxes that you may use to package your things!
USPS Flat Rate Boxes
- The United States Postal Service Flat Rate is a shipping option that costs a single flat amount for delivery to any location in the United States. For the first time, unlike other shipping alternatives, Flat Rate rates are not depending on the weight of the package. As a result, shipping large things across long distances in a USPS Flat Rate box or envelope is frequently the most cost-effective option. If you want to ship using USPS Flat Rate, you must utilize USPS Flat Rate shipping boxes. Flat Rate boxes are available in three basic sizes: small, medium, and big. Small, medium, and large are the most popular. Flat Rate packaging is also available in the following forms: envelopes
- padded envelopes
- boardgame boxes
- military shipping boxes (APO/DPO)
- and other forms of packaging.
As long as your item fits into any Flat Rate packing, it can be transported by Flat Rate for a fixed rate to any location in the United States of America.On the United States Postal Service website, you may order free USPS Flat Rate boxes.They are available in quantities of 10 or 25.
The costs and dimensions of all USPS Flat Rate boxes, as well as examples of what may be packed into each box, are included in the table below.Small USPS Flat Rate boxes, which start at $8.45 (unless you have a business account), are suitable for sending items the size of a smartphone and are available in several sizes.Large USPS Flat Rate boxes, which can contain things up to the size of a laptop, start at $21.90 and go up from there.
Do you want to ship smaller items?Using a Flat Rate envelope can allow you to save money.Due to the fact that envelopes are not durable, they are only appropriate for things that have previously been packaged in protective packaging or that are not prone to breaking.Here’s a list of the several types of USPS Flat Rate envelopes that are available, as well as examples of what can be placed within each envelope.
- Flat Rate shipping is frequently the most cost-effective method of getting your goods to its destination, especially for bigger items.
- If you are mailing using USPS Flat Rate, you will need to use flat rate boxes or envelopes.
USPS Regional Rate Boxes
- Regional Charge is a shipping service provided by the United States Postal Service that sets the shipping rate based on the distance between the shipment and the destination. Prices for Regional Rate relate to a specific geographic region, or ″zone,″ and are available for both domestic and international shipping. Regional Rate is not available for expedited delivery. In general, sending small goods over a short distance at a Regional Rate might be the most cost-effective option. If you purchase USPS Regional Rate boxes online through the USPS, they are completely free. In contrast, if you go to your local Post Office and ask for Regional Rate boxes, you will be required to pay an additional fee for the boxes. The majority of the time, ordering USPS boxes online and having them delivered is the best option. Regional Rate boxes are available in three weight-based sizes from the United States Postal Service: There are three regional rate boxes: Regional Rate Box A (up to 15 pounds), Regional Rate Box B (20 pounds), and Regional Rate Box C (up to 25 pounds).
Both side-loading and top-loading Regional Rate boxes are available from the United States Postal Service (USPS).The prices for these United States Postal Service boxes are listed in the table below.Regional Rate rates start at $5.32 for Box A and go up to $15.25 for Box C, with Box A being the most expensive.
You must utilize the Regional Rate shipping service if you want to ship with USPS Regional Rate boxes.For more information, see Regional Rate shipping.You can, however, use your own packaging for Regional Rate if you choose.
Use USPS Priority Mail Cubic to receive the best prices on USPS Regional, since this method calculates the rate price based on the package dimensions rather than the package weight.While this may appear to be complex, all you really need to know is that you will receive various pricing depending on whatever packing you choose for Regional Rate.
USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate Boxes
Forever Prepaid is a type of USPS Flat Rate that is available for purchase.Forever Prepaid Flat Rate shipments are similar to standard Flat Rate shipments in that they can be shipped to any US destination for a single flat rate.The distinction between Forever Prepaid and other prepaid postage services is that you may purchase these USPS boxes and have them work as prepaid postage — with no expiration date attached.
For as long as you have a Forever Prepaid Flat Rate box and your item does not exceed the Flat rate weight restriction, you may send the box without having to worry about whether or not it will fulfill postage requirements.Future pricing hikes are not applicable to USPS Prepaid Boxes, which is a significant advantage.Rate increases do occur on a periodic basis.
As a result, even if interest rates rise, you may continue to utilize Forever Prepaid.However, because the USPS Forever Prepaid Flat Rate contains your return address, the shipments will not work if you change your residence or office.Prepaid boxes from the United States Postal Service are not free, unlike Flat Rate and Regional Rate boxes.Purchase them online at USPS.com or pick them up at your local postal facility.
- The screenshots below demonstrate the various USPS Priority Mail Forever Box sizes as well as their associated pricing.
How Much Do USPS Boxes Cost?
- The majority of USPS boxes, including Regional Rate boxes and Flat Rate boxes, are free. This is also true for all Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express services provided by the United States Postal Service. To be clear, Flat Rate and Regional Rate both belong under the Priority Mail umbrella, which is why they both come with complimentary USPS boxes as part of the package. Free USPS boxes are available for order on the USPS website in quantities of 10 or 25. The delivery is completely free. You will, however, need to purchase Forever Prepaid Flat Rate boxes in order to use this service. They are available in three different sizes and may be obtained directly from the United States Postal Service website. The order quantity must be at least five. The following are the costs for each USPS service. The following is the size of the Forever Prepaid Flat Rate box: Small costs $8.45, medium costs $15.50, and large costs $12.90.
Check out our guide to free packing for additional information on how to get free shipping boxes.
How to Get The Cheapest USPS Shipping
When it comes to shipping with the United States Postal Service, there are several factors to make – which USPS boxes to use, which service to select, and the final cost, once all is said and done.You may save time and money by using the Easyship Free Shipping Rate Calculator to do all of your research for you.All you have to do is enter the weight of your item and the location of your delivery to view real-time exact rates for all of the most affordable shipping services available, including USPS.
Here are some shipping prices for a 2-pound item traveling from New York, NY to Denver, CO.The most cost-effective choice for our requirements is USPS Priority Mail, which costs $9.14.How much more convenient is this than browsing the USPS website for pricing, receiving a quote, and then repeating the process at FedEx, DHL, UPS, and other shipping companies?
Our rate calculator is always available to you for free.Additionally, it displays the savings you would get by shipping with Easyship for USPS shipment and the related USPS boxes.As previously stated, Easyship may save you $6.09 off the retail price of shipping from the United States Postal Service.While researching boxes and costs, it’s vital to keep in mind that you can generally skip this step by using Easyship to collect all of the lowest shipping rates.
- Then, all you have to do is purchase free USPS boxes online, and you’re done for the time being.
USPS Boxes With Easyship Shipping
The majority of USPS boxes are free.Using the Flat Rate service from the United States Postal Service, you’ll need to buy Flat Rate boxes on the USPS website.Regional Rate boxes from the United States Postal Service can be used for Regional Rate shipment, but you can also use your own packing (albeit it will cost a little more).
Prepaid Flat Rate Boxes from the United States Postal Service are a great way to lock in today’s low Flat Rate costs.You may save up to 70% on all USPS shipping charges when you utilize Easyship, regardless of the type of box you choose to ship in.Because of our agreement with the United States Postal Service, you will receive our pre-negotiated low rates on every purchase you complete with Easyship.
When you do, you’ll be able to take advantage of our time-saving shipping automation to increase online sales while also streamlining your fulfillment operations.Are you ready to give Easyship a try?Create a free account today and take a look around at our all-in-one shipping software solution.
USPS Shipping Boxes FAQ
What should I do with my unused United States Postal Service boxes?Unused United States Postal Service boxes can be returned to the local Post Office for repurposing.Is it possible to purchase USPS boxes online?
Yes, and shipping is completely free.You may also purchase select USPS boxes from your local post office, but there is no assurance that the items you want will be in stock at the time you need them.What is the best way to track a free USPS box?
All USPS tracking is completed by visiting USPS.com and clicking on the tracking link on your package receipt.
PO Box SizesYour Guide to USPS PO Box Sizes
There are five typical sizes for post office boxes. It is possible to purchase them in sizes ranging from 1 to 5, with 1 being the smallest and 5 being the largest. Size 5 isn’t seen in the photo, but it’s almost twice as broad as size 4.
PO Box Sizes Overview
The size of a Post Office box is the same throughout the whole Post Office system. The exact dimensions of USPS PO boxes, as well as their projected capacity, are listed here.
|1 (XS)||3″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 standard envelopes or 2 magazines|
|2 (S)||5″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 letters or 5 magazines|
|3 (M)||11″||5.5″||14.75″||Many large envelopes and magazines stacked flat|
|4 (L)||11″||11″||14.75″||2 shoeboxes with room for 10-15 letters|
|5 (XL)||22.5″||12″||14.75″||Multiple packages, letters, and magazines|
The large post office box sizes are significantly more expensive, so if you want to save money, choose the least size you believe you’ll need. More information may be found in our post on the cost of a PO box.
Availability of Larger Sizes
Many post offices do not have huge or extra-large PO box sizes, which is a problem (sizes 4 and 5).The PO Boxes Online pricing tool allows you to search for all post offices within a 50-mile radius while utilizing the service.The larger sizes may be available at a different post office, depending on your geographic area.
If you are unable to locate a big post office box in your neighborhood, you may want to consider using a UPS mailbox instead of a regular mailbox.To view our article about UPS mailboxes, please visit this link.
What happens if my box fills up?
If your post office box becomes overflowing, postal workers will normally keep the excess mail in the rear and put a notice in your box to inform you of the situation.″Repeat offenders,″ on the other hand, may be required to In accordance with the D910 Post Office Box Service Guidelines, the following: The customer must use caller service, change to a larger box, or use one or more additional boxes (subject to availability) to which mail will be addressed if the amount of mail for his or her post office box(es) exceeds the capacity of the box(es) on 12 of any 20 consecutive business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays).
How are large packages handled?
In the event that a shipment is too large to fit in a post office box, one of two things will occur.
- A notification will be left in the mailbox by a postal worker. To recover your delivery, simply bring the slip to the front window and a staff will take care of it
- your mailbox will have a key to a larger storage locker that will also hold your package
Please keep in mind that items sent by third-party carriers such as UPS or FedEx are not usually accepted at the Post Office (see below).
UPS and FedEx Shipping Limitations
Keep in mind that non-USPS carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL will not typically deliver to a USPS post office box, regardless of how large the box is.Generally speaking, these services will only deliver to a physical address, such as a residence or company.In other words, a PO box may only be used to receive mail from the United States Postal Service.
One exception is shipments delivered using FedEx SmartPost, which communicates directly with the Post Office and is capable of delivering to post office box addresses.
USPS Flat Rate Box Sizes, Prices, and How it Works [Updated with 2021 Rates]- Shippo
Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes from the United States Postal Service are a simple and cost-effective delivery alternative. Knowing the USPS Flat Rate box sizes, costs, and how it works before you buy will allow you to ship like a pro in no time.
How Does USPS Flat Rate Shipping Work?
The Priority Mail Flat Rate service from the United States Postal Service will transport your package anywhere in the United States in 1-3 business days for a flat charge. To ship using this service, simply follow these simple instructions:
- Order free Flat Rate boxes from the United States Postal Service. If you want to take advantage of the Flat Rate shipping discount, you must use the branded Flat Rate boxes, which you can buy online or pick up at your local Post Office.
- To take advantage of the best USPS Flat Rate shipping costs and to print your labels from the convenience of your office or home, create a free Shippo account.
- Bonus! Determine if a USPS Flat Rate box is the most cost-effective shipping option for the things you want to ship, as it is not always the most cost-effective alternative
What are the 2021 USPS Flat Rate Box Sizes and Prices?
As you’ll see in the table below, Shippo provides far lower shipping prices than what you’d find at your local post office. There are no minimum volume or coding restrictions. To create a free Shippo account, go to www.goshippo.com/register/ and fill out the required information.
2021 USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate
Shippo vs. Retail Rates
|Products||Dimensions||Shippo Rate||Retail Rate||Savings Using Shippo vs. Retail||% Savings with Shippo|
|Flat Rate Envelope||12 ½” x 9 ½”||$7.40||$7.95||$0.55||7%|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||15” x 9 ½”||$7.70||$8.25||$0.55||7%|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||12 ½” x 9 ½”||$8.00||$8.55||$0.55||6.5%|
|Small Flat Rate Box||Outside: 8 11/16” x 5 7/16” x 1 ¾” Inside: 8 ⅝” x 5 ⅜” x 1 ⅝”||$7.90||$8.45||$0.55||6.5%|
|Medium Flat Rate Box – 1 (Top-Loading)||Outside: 11 ¼” x 8 ¾” x 6” Inside: 11” x 8 ½” x 5 ½”||$13.75||$15.50||$1.75||11%|
|Medium Flat Rate Box – 2 (Side-Loading)||Outside: 14” x 12” x 3 ½” Inside: 13 ⅝” x 11 ⅞” x 3 ⅜”||$13.75||$15.50||$1.75||11%|
|Large Flat Rate Boxes||Outside: 12 ¼” x 12 ¼” x 6” Inside: 12” x 12” x 5 ½”||$19.30||$21.90||$2.60||12%|
Is Priority Mail the Same as Flat Rate?
Priority Mail from the United States Postal Service is one of the most popular service tiers the Postal Service offers, and for good reason.It is cost-effective and includes three widely-used shipping choices: Priority Mail Flat Rate (which we discussed above), Priority Mail weight-based, and Priority Mail Cubic.Priority Mail Flat Rate is the most cost-effective of the three alternatives.
If you want to ship using Flat Rate, you must utilize the Flat Rate-branded shipping boxes.Cubic and weight-based choices will need you to utilize your own packing or USPS Priority Mail boxes in order to be effective.
Which is Cheaper: Flat Rate or Priority Mail?
In general, USPS Flat Rate boxes are a wonderful alternative for shipping big things across long distances because of their low cost. The statistics were crunched in order to determine exactly when you should utilize a Flat Rate box and when you should pack your own items and send by USPS Priority Mail weight-based or Cubic instead.
When to Use USPS Flat Rate Envelopes
- When it comes to cost, USPS Flat Rate Envelopes are usually always the most affordable alternative
- however, you should use your own envelope for goods that weigh exactly 1 lb and are moving locally.
- And if your package weighs less than 1 lb., you can use your own envelope and mail it through the United States Postal Service First-Class Package Service.
For the following cases, you should use your own envelope (not a Flat Rate envelope):
Flat Rate Envelope (12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″) – $7.40
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-1 lb. and traveling less than 50 miles (Zone 0,1,2)||$7.16||$0.24|
Legal Flat Rate Envelope (15″ x 9 1/2″) – $7.70
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-1 lb. and traveling less than 600 miles (Zone 0-4)||$7.16 – $7.67||Up To $0.54|
Padded Flat Rate Envelope (12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″) – $8.00
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-1 lb. and traveling less than 600 miles (Zone 0-5)||$7.16 – $7.88||Up to $0.84|
|Weighs 2 lbs. and traveling less than 50 miles (Zone 0,1,2)||$7.79||$0.21|
When to Use USPS Flat Rate Boxes
- For packages weighing between 1 and 20 pounds, pick Flat Rate for long journeys and your own box for short routes
- for items weighing less than 1 pound, use your own box and send via USPS First-Class Package Service.
- Use a Flat Rate box for shipments weighing more than 20 pounds.
For the following cases, you should use your own box (not a Flat Rate box):
Sm. Flat Rate Box (8 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ x 1 5/8″) – $7.90
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-20 lbs. and traveling less than 600 miles (Zone 0-4)||$7.16 – $7.81||Up to $0.74|
Med. Flat Rate Box (11 1/4″ x 8 3/4″ x 6″) – $13.75
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-2 lbs. and traveling anywhere except U.S. Territories (Zone 0-8)||$7.16 – $11.69||Up to $6.59|
|Weighs 3-20 lbs. and traveling less than 1400 miles (Zone 0-6)||$8.00 – $13.58||Up to $5.75|
Lg. Flat Rate Box (12 1/4″ x 12 1/4″ x 6″) – $19.30
|Qualifications for Using Own Packaging||Cost to Ship||Savings|
|Weighs 0.5-1 lb. and traveling to any U.S. State including Hawaii and Alaska||$7.16 – $11.69||Up to $12.14|
|Weighs 2-4 lbs. and traveling anywhere except U.S. Territories (Zone 0-8)||$7.79 – $18.96||Up to $11.51|
|Weighs 5-20 lbs. and traveling less than 1800 miles (Zone 0-7)||$8.20 – $18.08||Up to $11.10|
Always remember that the maximum weight is 70 pounds. Furthermore, while sealing a Flat Rate envelope or box, the container flaps must be able to shut inside the regular folds of the envelope or box itself.
Is Priority Mail (Weight-based) or Flat Rate Faster?
Technically speaking, they are all part of the Priority Mail mail stream, which means that they will all ship within 1-3 business days of being placed on the market.
Are There Any Other Restrictions?
When it comes to mailing restricted, forbidden, and dangerous items, such as cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, there are certain restrictions and standards in place to protect the public. Airbags, ammunition, explosives, and fuel are also prohibited from being shipped. For further information, please see the USPS Shipping Restrictions page.
How Do I Get a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Label?
It takes only a few minutes to create a free Shippo account, after which you may print the label from the comfort of your own office or warehouse.Alternatively, you may use our USPS shipping calculator to get a better idea of how much money you can save on USPS shipping prices by using Shippo up front.Attach the label to the Priority Mail Flat Rate box provided by the United States Postal Service.
You may then either put the package in your mailbox or schedule a pick-up with your local mail carrier using your Shippo dashboard.Make certain that the label you’re applying corresponds to the box.In the case of Priority Mail Express Flat Rate boxes, you must use a Priority Mail Express Flat Rate label to ensure that your package is delivered quickly and efficiently.
It is possible that you would be interested in another video that our co-founder Laura Behrens Wu produced with the co-founder of packaging solution firm Lumi on shipping with the United States Postal Service if you like this post.A multi-carrier API and web application, Shippo enables merchants, marketplaces, and platforms to access a worldwide network of carriers through a single interface.Shippo is used by businesses to obtain real-time shipping quotes, print labels, automate foreign paperwork, track deliveries, and streamline return shipping procedures.Shippo offers businesses with the tools they need to be successful in the world of e-commerce shipping.
- The Shippo Corporation’s Senior Marketing Manager, Michelle McNamara, works in the marketing department.
USPS Flat Rate Boxes & Pricing
Sign up is completely free. Contact sales.
What are USPS Flat Rate Boxes?
Flat Rate Boxes from the United States Postal Service are exactly that – boxes with flat postage costs, regardless of how hefty the parcel is.Flat Rate Boxes are the most cost-effective shipping choice for transporting bulky or small products.Utilize USPS flat rates by ensuring that you have a sufficient supply of them near your fulfillment activities.
Using a USPS Flat Rate Box might help you save up to 50% on your shipping expenses.This is a fantastic method to be ready for peak shipping season.Additionally, tiny Flat Rate Boxes and medium Flat Rate Box costs are available using the EasyPost API by utilizing our specified packages in addition to the rates for large Flat Rate Boxes.
Because of this, it is simple to set up internally and begin earning savings from your Flat Rate Boxes immediately after integrating with EasyPost.
How Much Do USPS Flat Rate Boxes Cost?
We’ve divided down the price into a table for your convenience. Please keep in mind that the rates listed below are for USPS Commercial Plus Pricing, which is accessible when shipping using EasyPost. Interested in joining up for USPS Commercial Plus Pricing? Please contact us so that we can get you set up with the appropriate account.
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Options
The most recent update was made on January 9, 2022.
|Type||Size||EasyPost Predefined Package||Price|
|Letter Envelope||12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″||FlatRateEnvelope||$7.75|
|Window Envelopes||10″ x 6″||FlatRateWindowEnvelope||$7.75|
|Small Envelopes||10″ x 6″||SmallFlatRateEnvelope||$7.75|
|Padded Envelopes||12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″||FlatRatePaddedEnvelope||$9.65|
|Legal Envelopes||15″ x 9 1/2″||FlatRateLegalEnvelope||$9.25|
|Small Box||8 11/16″ x 5 7/16″ x 1 3/4″||SmallFlatRateBox||$9.45|
|Medium Boxes||11 1/4″ x 8 3/4″ x 6″ or 14″ x 12″ x 3 1/2″||MediumFlatRateBox||$16.10|
|Large Box||12-1/4″ x 12-1/4″ x 6″ or 24-1/16″ x 11-7/8″ x 3-1/8″||LargeFlatRateBox||$21.50|
|APO/FPO Box||12-1/4″ x 12-1/4″ x 6″||LargeFlatRateBoxAPOFPO||$20.00|
Please keep in mind that these are estimates. When you order postal, these pricing may change from what you see here. If you have any queries regarding our Commercial Plus pricing, please feel free to contact us using the button below.
Save Money on Shipping Today
EasyPost’s Multi-Carrier Shipping API Includes:
- On ALL accounts, USPS Commercial Plus Pricing is available.
- Access to the United States Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and DHL, as well as 95 other carriers
- • Tracking, rating, address verification, as well as insurance features are available.
- EasyPost testing is provided at no charge and with no upfront costs.
- Client libraries for.Net, Java, Ruby, Python, Node, PHP, and Go
- Client libraries for other programming languages
The Dimensions of all the Free USPS Boxes
Written on May 1, 2020, at 07:30 a.m.Pacific Daylight Time.Trying to find out how to calculate the size of your USPS box?
We’ve taken care of everything.We’ve included the actual and listed exterior dimensions of all of the free USPS boxes in the table below, as well as links to the USPS website where you may buy them.Attention: all of these boxes are completely free to order, and the United States Postal Service will bring them straight to your front door!
What Do You Mean by “Actual” and “Listed” Dimensions?
The exact dimensions of each of these boxes are the measurements that we took with our hands on each of them.In our experience, the dimensions listed by the United States Postal Service on some of these boxes are somewhat different from the actual dimensions of the boxes.As a result, real dimensions are compared to specified dimensions.
You’ll most likely need to enter the measurements of your USPS boxes when you use shipping software to purchase postage if your package isn’t labelled with a specific service, such as Flat Rate or Regional Rate, when you use shipping software to purchase postage.In this scenario, we recommend that you provide the actual box measurements rather than the specified dimensions.
The Actual Outer Dimensions of Each Free USPS Box
- Priority Mail Box 1092 measures 13.625 by 12.25 by 2.813 inches
- Priority Mail Box 1095 measures 15.5 by 12.5 by 3.125 inches
- Priority Mail Box 1096L measures 9.375 by 6.375 by 2.188 inches
- Priority Mail Box 1097 measures 13.188 by 11.625 by 2.5 inches
- Priority Mail Shoe Box measures 14.5 by 7.625 by 5.188 inches
- Dual-Use Priority Mail/Priority Mail Express Small Tube 1098S measures 25.75 by
The Listed Outer Dimensions of Each Free USPS Box
- 1092 Priority Mail Box – 13.688 x 12 x 2.875′′
- 1095 Priority Mail Box – 15 x 12 3 125′′
- 1096L Priority Mail Box – 9.438x 6.438 x 2.188′′
- 1097 Priority Mail Box – 13.375 x 11.625 x 2.5′′
- Priority Mail Box 4 – 7.25 x 7.375 x 6.5′′
- Priority Mail Shoe Box – 14.875 x 7.
Why Decimals and Not Fractions?
You may have noted that we listed all of these measurements in decimals rather than fractions.This is intentional.In this case, we did so since most online shipping software providers do not recognize fractions when you enter the measurements of your package.
No matter whatever shipping program you use, you’ll almost always be required to input your outside measurements using decimal points, so we believed setting them out this way might make things a little easier!The most recent update was made at 1:43 p.m.PDT on September 22, 2021.
Preparing your package with care can assist to guarantee that it arrives safely.
Select a box that has adequate space for the cushioning material to be wrapped around the contents. For weights up to ten pounds, sturdy paperboard or corrugated fiberboard boxes are the ideal choice. You should completely erase or obliterate all prior labels and marks from the box if you plan to reuse it. A thick black marker works best for this.
Where to Find Boxes
Boxes and tubes in a variety of sizes are available at most post offices.In order to accommodate products being sent using any of these services, a limited number of Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail boxes are provided for free at the Post Office.While you are not obliged to utilize the complimentary packaging offered by the Post Office for these services, you must use the address label issued by the United States Postal Service and provided by the Post Office for Priority Mail Express.
To order Priority Mail Express or Priority Mail boxes at no additional cost, contact 1 800 222 1811 or go to www.usps.com/prioritymail.
Place the padding completely around the item or items that you want to protect.You may use newspaper, ″foam peanuts,″ or shredded paper to make your paper airplane.Close the box and shake it to see if there is enough cushioning inside.
If you hear objects shifting, increase the amount of cushioning you use.The inclusion of a second address label with the delivery and return addresses within the box will ensure that the item can be delivered in the event that the first label is damaged or slips off.
Mailing Fragile Items
Protect your things by wrapping them in foamed plastic or padding, and stuffing the padding inside hollow items as well as solid ones. Packages containing food or other perishable commodities should be labeled ″Fragile″ or ″Perishable″ to prevent them from spoiling. The most effective technique to protect your costly belongings from harm is to package them with care.
Mailing Heavy Items
For items that are extremely heavy or thick, start with a solid box, pack the contents firmly with strong material for bracing to avoid shifting, and tape all of the edges with reinforced tape to ensure that the item does not shift during shipping. Packages weighing more than 70 pounds are unable to be sent.
2-inch-wide tape should be used to seal the box’s entrance and strengthen all of its seams.Clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape are all acceptable options.Use of rope, string, twine, masking tape, or cellophane tape is strictly prohibited.
Place a strip of transparent packing tape over the address label to prevent the address from becoming smeared or distorted.
Print or type your address on the upper left corner of the package, on the same side as the delivery address, in the same font as the delivery address.
Extra services should be labeled above the delivery address and to the right of the return address, or to the left of the delivery address, whichever is appropriate.
Stamps, a postage meter, or a PC Postage system can all be used to apply the exact amount of postage. On this website, you may calculate and purchase postage online.
The delivery address should be printed or typed parallel to the longest side of the item. Type or print your address clearly with a pen or permanent marker so that it can be read from a distance of at least an arm’s length away. There should be no commas or periods.
USPS tracking labels and Signature Confirmation labels are positioned to the left of the address label.
City, State, and ZIP Code
Calling 1800ASKUSPS will help visitors determine the right spelling of a city name and state abbreviation, as well as the location of a ZIP Code. It is more efficient and accurate to direct your mail if you use the right ZIP Code.
If your postal item weighs 13 ounces or less and you have correctly applied postage to it, you can place it in a blue collecting box at the post office. A Post Office staff at the retail counter will assist you if your item weighs more than 13 ounces and you have applied postage stamps to it.
How Do I Get USPS Boxes for Free?
Written at 9:44 a.m.Pacific Time on August 2, 2021.Did you know that you may acquire free USPS boxes and envelopes from the United States Postal Service?
Yes, you are correct…There are no monies involved.Zilch.
Nada.Nothing.There is absolutely no charge to you.As long as you’re looking for USPS Priority Mail packaging, you may either stroll into your local Post Office and pick up free boxes, or you can purchase them online through the USPS website.
- When you purchase these boxes and envelopes online, the United States Postal Service will even deliver them right to your home!
USPS Will Never Charge You for Priority Mail Packaging
You will never be charged by the United States Postal Service for any boxes or envelopes used in Priority Mail delivery.They are always free, regardless of whether you obtain them at your local Post Office or via USPS.com.This contains Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes and envelopes, as well as Priority Mail Express boxes and envelopes.
The only thing you’ll have to pay for is the cost of shipping and handling.As a result of the fact that all Priority Mail boxes and envelopes are provided at no cost, they are one of the most popular packaging solutions for shippers on a tight budget and small businesses just getting started that haven’t opted to invest in bespoke packaging.
ReadyPost Boxes and Envelopes Are NOT Free USPS Packaging
USPS will never charge you for any boxes or envelopes used in the shipping of Priority Mail packages.Whether you pick them up at your local Post Office or order them online through USPS.com, they’re always complimentary.This covers Priority Mail Flat Rate and Priority Mail Express boxes and envelopes, as well as Priority Mail Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes and envelopes It’s simply the cost of mail that you’ll have to pay for, though.
As a result of the fact that all Priority Mail boxes and envelopes are provided for free, they are one of the most popular packaging solutions for shippers on a tight budget and small enterprises just getting started that haven’t opted to invest in bespoke packaging.
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate, Flat Rate Boxes
- Postage Help Center
- USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate
What is Priority Mail Flat Rate?
One flat fee is charged by the United States Postal Service (USPS) for delivery of a package or envelope to its destination within one to three days of receipt of the item or envelope.Each envelope or package must weigh no more than 70 lbs.or less in order to qualify for the service.
Priority Mail Flat Rate includes free shipping materials, which may be picked up at the Post Office or sent to your home or place of business at no additional cost.Three different types of envelopes and six different sizes of boxes are available for packaging.As long as the shipment weighs less than 70 lbs, flat rate pricing removes the need to weigh goods or calculate shipping rates, and thereby saves time and money.
Due to the fact that each Priority Mail Flat Cost Box and Envelope has a single low flat rate, the pricing is decided only by the box or envelope you pick rather than by the weight or distance traveled by the parcel.As long as the shipment weighs less than 70 lbs, flat rate pricing removes the need to weigh goods or calculate shipping rates, and thereby saves time and money.Due to the fact that each Priority Mail Flat Cost Box and Envelope has a single low flat rate, the pricing is decided only by the box or envelope you pick rather than by the weight or distance traveled by the parcel.A USPS-approved licensed vendor, Stamps.com allows you to purchase and print mailing and shipping labels for all USPS mail classes using a conventional ink-jet or laser printer, as well as for international mail classes.
- To make use of the service, you must pay a monthly service fee of $17.99 plus any relevant taxes, if any.
How to Send Packages with Priority Mail Flat Rate
Shipping a box or an envelope via Priority Mail Flat Rate is a simple and straightforward process.Put your goods in one of the numerous free Flat Rate boxes provided by the United States Postal Service.For items weighing less than 70 lbs., you will not be required to weigh the item in question.
Postage can be purchased at the Post Office or online through a third-party supplier of online postage services.Once your box is ready to be dispatched, you may arrange for a free package pickup from the United States Postal Service at your residence or place of business.
Benefits Of Using Priority Mail Flat Rate With Stamps.com
The following are the choices and parameters for Priority Mail Flat Rate services:
|Priority Mail® Flat Rate Options||Maximum Weight||Outside Dimensions||Post Office™ Rate||Stamps.com Rate|
|Flat Rate Envelope||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄2″ x 9 1⁄2″||$8.95||$7.75|
|Legal Flat RateEnvelope||up to 70 lbs.||9 1⁄2″ x 15″||$9.25||$8.05|
|Padded Flat RateEnvelope||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄2″ x 9 1⁄2″||$9.65||$8.45|
|Small Flat Rate Box||up to 70 lbs.||8 11⁄16″ x 5 7⁄16″ x 1 3⁄4″||$9.45||$8.25|
|Medium Flat Rate Box – Top Loading||up to 70 lbs.||11 1⁄4″ x 8 3⁄4″ x 6″||$16.10||$14.25|
|Medium Flat Rate Box – Side Loading||up to 70 lbs.||14″ x 12″ x 3 1⁄2″||$16.10||$14.25|
|Large Flat Rate Box||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄4″ x 12 1⁄4″ x 6″||$21.50||$19.20|
|APO/FPO Large Box||up to 70 lbs.||12 1⁄4″ x 12 1⁄4″ x 6″||$20.00||$17.70|
To see the whole table, swipe right.Shipping with Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes or envelopes from Stamps.com will help you save money on your shipping costs.Customers who print a mailing label for a Priority Mail Flat Charge envelope or box from Stamps.com can save up to 10% off the Post Office’s standard rate.
Furthermore, Stamps.com provides insurance coverage of up to $10,000.With ″one-click″ tracking, you can simply follow your Priority Mail items and save the hassle of typing in lengthy tracking numbers to verify arrival.
Free* 5 lb. Digital Scale with
Every new customer account starts with:
- Upon registration, you will receive a free* 5 pound digital scale
- Trial term of four weeks
- $5 in USPS postage to be used throughout the trial period
- Discounts on USPS rates that are not available at the Post Office
- There are no long-term obligations, and you may cancel at any moment.
- Stay over the 4-week trial period and pay only the shipping and handling price of $17.99 each month + applicable taxes, if any, including the first month.
Minimum and Maximum Sizes
If a mailpiece is 1/4 inch thick or less, it must be rectangular and at least 3-1/2 inches high by 5 inches long in order to be accepted for mailing. All mailpieces must have a minimum thickness of 0.007 inches.
The combined length and girth of most mailpieces cannot exceed 108 inches in total length and girth.The total length and girth of USPS Retail Ground components may be up to 130 inches in length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices).The maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece, regardless of its size, is 70 pounds, regardless of its composition.
Some types of mail have lower weight restrictions than others.
- What do you consider to be high? What is the length? When determining whether your piece is a letter, a flat, or a parcel, the length is the most important dimension to consider. The side that is perpendicular to the length is known as the height.
- What is 0.007 inches? What criteria do I use to evaluate this? As a rule of thumb, one index card is sufficient in thickness. If you’re still not sure, speak with a Mailpiece Design Analyst (MDA)) in your area. They have instruments for accurately measuring thickness and can tell you whether or not your mailpiece is sufficiently thick.
New UPS Simple Rate Explained
Towards the end of September 2019, UPS introduced a new service called UPS Simple Rate.Shippers may now utilize their own packaging to ship to any location in the United States for a fixed charge under this new scheme.With the extra benefit of shippers being allowed to utilize their own boxes up to 1,728 cubic inches, this is clearly an attempt to compete with FedEx On Rate and USPS Priority Mail.
For shippers, one advantage is the ability to more correctly anticipate package delivery costs while avoiding fees such as residential delivery, service area, and fuel.The new service is available for items weighing up to 50 pounds that are being delivered anywhere in the United States, with significantly reduced costs for delivery to Hawaii and Alaska.The program’s simplicity is shown in the fact that it provides not just various packing possibilities, but also five straightforward price alternatives based on package size.
Additionally, UPS has three shipping speeds to select from: ground, expedited, and express.
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS Ground
UPS 3 Day Select, on the other hand, is not available for UPS Simple Rate shipments that originate in or are headed for Alaska and Hawaii.
UPS Simple Rate Size Categories
UPS Simple Rate divides its customers into five size categories based on cubic inches:
|Cubic Inches||Simple Rate Size|
Typical Box Dimensions Determined by Simple Rate Size
|UPS Simple Rate Size||Extra Small||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large|
|Common Box Dimensions||8 x 6 x 26 x 4 x 411 x 9 x 14 x 4 x 4||8 x 6 x 512 x 9 x 29 x 7 x 36 x 6 x 6||13 x 11 x 212 x 9 x 613 x 12 x 48 x 8 x 8||12 x 12 x 715 x 11 x 614 x 10 x 710 x 10 x 10||16 x 12 x 912 x 10 x 918 x 12 x 612 x 12 x 12|
Flat Rate Options for Simple Rate
Between two contiguous United States of America
|UPS Simple Rate Size||UPS Ground||UPS 3 Day Select||UPS 2nd Day Air|
From the contiguous United States to Alaska and Hawaii’s metropolitan areas
|UPS Simple Rate Size||UPS Ground||UPS 2nd Day Air|
From the contiguous United States to Alaska and Hawaii’s far-flung interior,
|UPS Simple Rate Size||UPS Ground||UPS 2nd Day Air|
- Due to the current COVID-19 issue, certain items may take longer to arrive than normal. Please be patient. The next-day delivery of Priority Mail Express is unaffected. Learn More Delivery between 1-3 business days is possible. 1
- Complimentary Package Pickup 3 service at your residence or place of business
- Most packages come with USPS Tracking®4 as well as up to $50 in insurance5.
- 6 (with some limitations)
- There are no fuel costs, no rural or resident delivery surcharges, and no Saturday delivery surcharges.
- Pricing options include flat rate, regional, and prepaid pricing (offered only to retail customers)
- Prepaid Priority Mail at a Flat Rate for Life. Priority Mail costs are determined by weight and zone, with the exception of Priority Mail Flat Rate packaging. Priority Mail Flat Rate with Prepaid Forever Postage gives you the same low flat rate price as before, but with the added convenience of Forever postage.
- Price Files may be seen here. Calculate the Cost of a Product See Insurance & Additional Services for further information. The maximum allowable weight is 70 lbs.
- Combining the maximum length and girth (girth is the distance around the thickest section of the animal) is 108 inches
- When sealing a Flat Rate Envelope or Box, the container flaps must be able to close inside the regular folds of the envelope or box
- otherwise, the seal will fail.
- What to Do When Preparing a Package When it comes to mailing restricted, forbidden, and dangerous items, such as cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, there are certain restrictions and standards in place to protect the public. Packages dispatched to a Military Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO) will be charged domestic rates, but these destinations will need you to fill out customs paperwork and will be subject to additional limitations. The United States Postal Service recognizes the priorities of our business clients, which include speed, price, security, and customer service. Providing these services and resources at a discounted rate to your clients is something we assist businesses with. Priority Mail Regional Rate® is a low-cost shipping option for business and online clients who often ship compact, dense products over short distances and who use the Priority Mail® service for their shipping needs. Get the speed and simplicity of Flat Rate delivery, as well as regional pricing, to help you save money on shipping expenses. Order free Regional Rate Boxes A and B from the comfort of your own home. (Please note that Regional Rate Box C has been phased out.)
- Choose from two different box sizes to accommodate the item you’re mailing.
- When you use Priority Mail Open & Distribute®, you may expedite the delivery of your large-volume mail (PMOD). After placing their things in an approved USPS container and shipping them to an allowed location, customers may expect their items to be delivered to their ultimate destinations by USPS after the container has been opened. Prices are commercial rates based on weight and zone to ensure that your mailings are delivered swiftly and at a fair cost
- Mailings feature a specific barcoded label, which allows you to trace your shipments more easily.
- Priority Mail Open & Distribute Shipping for Business
- Business Price Calculator
- Commercial Price List
- Priority Mail Open & Distribute Shipping for Consumers
The projected delivery date shown on your receipt or supplied at checkout will typically indicate a delivery time of 1, 2, or 3 business days and will be depending on the origin, destination, and drop-off time of your order.No money-back guarantee is offered in