Area code 917 is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan for the five boroughs of New York City: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.Area code 917 is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering PlanNorth American Numbering Plan The North American Numbering Plan (NANP) is a telephone numbering plan for twenty-five regions in twenty countries, primarily in North America and the Caribbean. This group is historically known as World Zone 1 and has the international calling code 1. https://en.wikipedia.org › North_American_Numbering_Plan for the five boroughs of New York CityNew York City New York, often called New York City (NYC) to distinguish it from the state of New York, is the most populous city in the United States. https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › New_York_City : The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
ZIP codes are postal codes used in the United States for distributing mail. Postal ZIP codes beginning with 917 are located in the state of California. ZIP code 917 is one of 920 three-digit ZIP Codes in the country.
Where is area code 917?
Area Code 917 is in New York and covers 303.98 square miles. Area Code 917 contains 316 non-unique postal area zip codes.
What does 917-927 stand for?
917 927 New York Wireless Usa Mobility Wireless, Inc. 02/04/1994 917 928 Brooklyn Wireless Aat Paging Corporation Ii 09/05/2001 917 928 Brooklyn Wireless Aat Paging Corporation Ii 09/05/2001 917 928 Brooklyn Wireless Aat Paging Corporation Ii 09/05/2001 917 929 South Richmond Hill Landline
What does 917 614 mean?
917 614 New York Wireless Usa Mobility Wireless, Inc. 02/04/1994 917 615 New York Landline Peerless Network Of New York, Llc – Ny 11/16/2012
Who is 917 462 New York?
917 462 New York Wireless Usa Mobility Wireless, Inc. 02/04/1994 917 463 New York Landline Xo New York, Inc. 11/20/1998 917 463 New York
What area code is 917 from?
While the 212 area code conjures images of a high-rise office in Manhattan, the 917 area code is a bit more classic, a bit more old-school New York. It serves all five boroughs of New York City, meaning it stretches from The Bronx to Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
What zip code is 917 in New York?
Area Code 917
|List of All Zipcodes in Area Code 917|
|Zip Code||Postal City||County|
|Zip Code 11109||Long Island City||New York|
|Zip Code 11205||Brooklyn||Kings|
|Zip Code 11206||Brooklyn||Kings|
Is 917 a good area code?
4/5. (917) and (718) – New York City (New York) New York City is the center of it all, the Big Apple. And these two area codes cover the majority of the city and its five boroughs.
What area code is 917 in Canada?
Area code 917 is not a Canadian area code. It is a US area code originally created for cellular-pager-voicemail devices, and it serves all the boroughs of New York City.
Is 917 a cell phone?
917 was the original NYC cell phone number — briefly an equalizer, since it covered all five boroughs, and showed you had a cell phone. 646 was imposed in the late ’90s when 212 was becoming too scarce to accommodate all the landlines, which people mostly still had.
What area code is 915 belong to?
Located in El Paso County in West Texas, area code 915 includes El Paso and the neighboring cities of Culberson and Hudspeth.
Is 917 a toll free number?
Is (917) Area Code a Toll-Free Number? No. The (917) Area Code is not a toll-free number.
What area codes should you not answer?
Unless you know that a call is legitimate, it’s best to avoid calls from the following international area codes with a +1-country code:
What’s the coolest area code?
What’s the Best Area Code in the US?
What is the biggest area code in California?
At 46,666 square miles (120,860 km2), it is the largest area code in California with approximately 29% of the state served by area codes 760 and 442.
What area code is 408?
The 408 area code currently includes Santa Clara County south of Sunnyvale and Cupertino, and small portions of Alameda, Santa Cruz, and Stanislaus Counties. Most of the 408 area code is contained within the San Jose Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
What area code is 754?
Area codes 954 and 754 are the area codes for Broward County, Florida, United States. Notable cities within the numbering plan area are Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Hollywood, Sunrise, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Davie, Weston, Dania Beach, Oakland Park and Pembroke Pines.
What area code is 516?
The 516 area code serves Nassau County – situated on western Long Island, bordering New York City’s borough of Queens to the west, and Suffolk County to the east. Nassau County contains just two historic cities – Glen Cove and Long Beach, both a part of Long Island’s Gold Coast established in the early 1890s.
What city has country code 7 and city code 917?
Originally, the city had 212 numbers, then 718 which was added in the 80s, and then 347. However, in 1992, because of the exhaustion of phone numbers, 212 was limited to Manhattan while 718 was assigned to Marble Hill and the Bronx. And this made way for 917, which currently covers all boroughs of NYC.
What state have the area code (917)?
The 917 Area Code is located in the state of New York. Area Code 917 is one of the 269 3-digit telephone area codes in the USA. It covers roughly 7,839,000 unique phone numbers and 8,537,670 individuals near the cities of New York, Brooklyn, and South Richmond Hill. Cities Located in the 917 Area Code
What time zone is area code 917?
Based in Illinois, the area code 917 is the central time zone, exactly like New York. It is also called the time zone America/New York. Using the time zone option assists in making calls from various time zones, further simplifying the process of establishing companies and telephone numbers in compliance to the local time zones.
How do you dial area code 917?
Area code 917 is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan for the five boroughs of New York City: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. It is an overlay code to all numbering plan areas in the city, and was intended to serve cellular, pager, and voicemail applications in the city, a restriction that was subsequently ruled impermissible by the Federal Communications Commission while grandfathering that use in New York City. Area code 917 is also assigned to
Area Code 917 Census Data
|Data Last Updated: March 1, 2022|
Area Code 917 Covers These States
Area Code 917 covers 5 Counties
Area Code 917 Demographic Information *
|Avg House Value:||$0.00|
|Avg Household Income:||$0.00|
|Avg Persons Per Household:||0.00|
|Median Age (Male):||0.00|
|Median Age (Female):||0.00|
* Demographic data is based on statistics from the 2010 United States Census Bureau.
Area Code 917 covers 20 Cities
- Bayside, New York
- the Bronx, New York
- Brooklyn, New York
- Cambria Heights, New York
- College Point, New York
- East Elmhurst, New York
- Elmhurst, New York
- Flushing, New York
- Jackson Heights, New York
- Jamaica, New York
- Little Neck, New York
- New York
- Oakland Gardens, New York
- Queens Village, New York
- Richmond Hill, New York
- and Ridgewood, New York
- Saint Albans, New York
- South Richmond Hill, New York
- Staten Island, New York
- and Woodside, New York.
- Database of ZIP Codes Get all of the United States’ ZIP Codes and their associated information in one convenient database
- ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database (ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database)
- With coverage for every address in the United States, you may receive the +4 information you want
- Postal Codes in Canada: A Database
- Get all of Canada’s postal codes, as well as their associated information, in one convenient database
- Database for the 2010 Census
- Get the 2010 Census data in an easy-to-use format for all summary levels by downloading the following files: National, state, county, city, and Congressional District are all examples of classifications.
- Database of Area Codes
- Get all of North America’s area codes and NXX info in one place.
The 10 Most Prestigious Phone Area Codes and How You Can Get One
- Your phone area code reveals a great deal about who you are.
- When you receive a call from a ″310″ number, you know right away that you are receiving a call from Los Angeles, California.
- In an instant, you’re forming connections between the caller and the ″Southern Californian″ way of life.
- The area code associated with your phone serves as a clever marketing tactic in its own right.
Anyone who calls you will learn a lot about you from just three small numbers; it will tell them where you can be reached, what region of the nation you are from, and even a little about your social position and employment.As a result, callers from all across the country are forced to pay exorbitant rates in order to get certain prominent area codes.The method they use to ensure that they are communicating the exact message they want to their social circle, business partners, and future clientele is known as ″branding.″ Some people are even spending upwards of six figures to obtain a certain Los Angeles or San Francisco area code, among other things.It is critical for businesses to have an area code that is particular to the city in which they are located.As previously stated, a Los Angeles ″310″ phone number is incredibly desirable and difficult to come by.
As the city grew, it added a new area code, ″424″, to cater for the increase in population and businesses.424, on the other hand, does not sell ″Los Angeles″ in the same manner that 310 does.As a result, businesses are prepared to spend a lot of money in order to attain the exact figure they desire.The area codes that were used for the first time in a city have the highest value, and they are referred to as ″original area codes.″ In light of the foregoing, the proliferation of virtual phone networks has made acquiring the precise phone area code you choose easier than ever before.Using a virtual phone number from KeKu, you may select from a range of distinguished area codes, all of which are available for as little as $9.99 per month.
A virtual number functions in the same way as a regular phone number.The KeKu app allows you to manage as many numbers as you desire in addition to your primary number – all from the convenience of your existing smartphone.You may utilize phone numbers with different area codes for both your company and personal requirements at the same time, which is quite convenient.You no longer have to spend enormous sums of money in order to promote yourself the way you want to be seen.
1. (650) – South San Francisco Bay area, Silicon Valley (California)
- As a result of the IT boom, San Francisco and Silicon Valley have become extremely fashionable places to live and work.
- It is the headquarters of technology behemoths such as Apple, Google, Tesla, and a slew of other innovators.
- If you work in the technology industry or wish to work in the industry, adding the 650 area code to your phone number might make a significant impact in your reputation.
2. (202) – Washington (District of Columbia)
- A Washington, D.C.
- 202 phone number has become linked with government ″staffer culture″ since it was the first area code assigned to our nation’s capital.
- It does not matter if you are currently employed as a government intern, staff member, or hoping to find employment in the capital; this is the area code to use.
- Do you have dreams to become a politician?
A 202 area code may be beneficial to your chances of success.
3. (310) – Los Angeles (California), (818) – Hollywood (California), (626) – Pasadena (California)
- As previously said, the 310 area code is one of the most sought for in the country, making it one of the most difficult to obtain.
- Los Angeles is one of the most prominent trendsetting cities in the United States.
- Los Angeles is the home of Hollywood, it has a thriving real estate business, and many people connect with the ″Southern California″ way of life.
- There are a plethora of compelling reasons to promote your business with the 310 area code.
The 818 and 626 area codes, which serve the cities of Hollywood and Pasadena, are also in great demand.
4/5. (917) and (718) – New York City (New York)
- The Big Apple, often known as New York City, is the epicenter of it all.
- Furthermore, these two area codes encompass the vast bulk of the city and its five boroughs, respectively.
- New York City is the center of a diverse range of businesses, including banking, fashion, entertainment, sports, politics, and just about everything else.
- Marketing oneself as a resident of the most cosmopolitan city on the planet might have a significant impact on both your professional and personal life.
However, the 917 and 718 area codes are frequently in high demand, so if you want a New Yorker phone number, you’ll want to get one as soon as possible!We didn’t include the 212 area code in our evaluation of the product.Despite the fact that it is a historic and highly after New York City code, there is no credible supplier of such phone numbers, and hence we cannot propose one.
6. (512) – Austin (Texas)
- Austin, the capital of the biggest state in the United States, has risen to national prominence in recent years.
- Austin is well-known for its diverse music scene, as well as for hosting the world-renowned Austin Film Festival.
- It has also emerged as a preferred location for many emerging entrepreneurs to establish their headquarters.
- As a result, the number 512 is extremely significant because it is the city’s initial area code.
7. (312) – Chicago (Illinois)
Similarly, Chicago is a thriving American metropolis; the 312 area code, which was the city’s initial area code, will quickly inform callers that you are a resident of the windy city. The 312 area code comprises the Chicago Loop, which contains the bulk of the city’s business and financial districts.
8. (415) – San Francisco (California)
415 was the first area code assigned to the San Francisco metropolitan region, and it was also one of the first three area codes assigned to the state of California. 415 runs across a considerable area of San Francisco and extends northward into portions of Marin and San Mateo counties, among other places.
9. (617) – Boston (Massachusetts)
- Boston, which was founded in 1630, is one of the oldest cities in the United States and served as one of the key American Revolutionary War headquarters.
- Today, the city retains its relevance in the same way.
- Besides the fact that it is a cultural and historical landmark, Boston offers a very good quality of life for its residents, and the city’s history as a shipping port has helped to establish it as an economic center.
- A number of famous institutions are located in Boston, such as Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, Emerson, Berklee, and several other schools and colleges.
People in Boston are quite proud of their city, so if you are moving there or doing business there, make sure you grab yourself a New England Patriots jersey as well as the city’s original area code, which is 617.
10. (305) – Miami and the Florida Keys (Florida)
- Miami and the Florida Keys, known for its glamorous resorts, extensive stretches of gorgeous beaches, and a thriving real estate market, have become popular holiday, retirement, and travel destinations for people from all over the world.
- Furthermore, rising tourism levels translate into improved economic opportunities.
- If you want to take advantage of this, make sure that you are selling yourself as a local using the 305 area code, which was established in Miami.
- Conclusion Make no mistake about it: a prominent phone area code may make a significant impact in your professional or social life, so select your number carefully.
Furthermore, with KeKu, you are not restricted to a single area code.With the KeKu app, you may purchase and use as many phone numbers as you want, with as many different area codes as you want.You may easily acquire various virtual numbers if you want to sell yourself differently to different types of clients.The KeKu app will allow you to manage all of your phone numbers in one convenient location, eliminating the risk of having your phone numbers and area codes mixed up with one another.Are you ready to obtain a virtual telephone number with a prominent area code?
Go to keku.com/virtualnumbers to browse through our extensive range of area codes and make your decision.With KeKu, you can be certain that your phone number is communicating the exact message you need, all at a reasonable cost.
Look up a Canada Area Code
All of the features include phone numbers. Canada’s area codes are as follows:
How many area codes are there in Canada?
With 40 area codes, Canada, which is made up of 10 provinces and three territories in the north, is well-connected. The province of Ontario has the most number of area codes (14) whereas the territories of Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northeast Territories are all covered by a single area code. You will learn about the following topics on this page:
What are the area codes in Canada?
Here is a list of all of Canada’s area codes, as well as their overlays. These area codes are attached to landline lines, cell phone numbers, and virtual phone numbers, amongst other things.
|Provinces/Territories||Original area codes||Overlays|
|Alberta||403, 780||587, 825|
|British Columbia||250, 604||236, 672, 778|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||709||–|
|Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island||902||782|
|Ontario||416, 437, 519, 548, 613, 647, 705, 807, 905||226, 249, 289, 343, 365|
|Quebec||418, 450, 514, 819||438, 579, 581, 873|
|Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut||867||–|
FAQs about Canadian telephone numbers
What is the country code of Canada?
Canada’s international dialing code is +1. The United States of America and its unincorporated territories such as Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands are among the nations and areas that share the same country code.
Why do Canada and the US have the same country code?
It was not until the first telephone system and the North American Numbering Plan were created in Canada and the United States that international dialing became a reality. In order to reflect this, all nations and territories that are members of the NANP have +1 as their country code.
What are the parts of a Canadian phone number?
When dialing a phone number in Canada, you’ll see 11 numbers: the 1-digit country code, a three-digit area code, a three-digit central office or exchange code, and a four-digit subscriber number.
How can you call/dial Canada from the US?
To make a call to Canada from the United States, you must use the ‘national format,’ which consists of the 1-digit country code + 3-digit area code + 7-digit phone number. This is referred to as ″eleven-digit dialing.″
Where is area code 917 in Canada?
The area code 917 is not a telephone area code in Canada. It is a US area code that was initially intended for cellular-pager-voicemail devices, and it services the whole city of New York, including all of its boroughs.
What is area code 600 in Canada?
Region 600 is a location-independent area code that is used for satellite communication throughout Canada.
How to buy a Canadian virtual phone number
- It is possible to virtually establish a business anywhere in Canada by signing up for and acquiring local virtual phone lines with Freshdesk Contact Center.
- Freshdesk Contact Center is a cutting-edge phone system that organizations may use for both incoming and outbound contacting.
- It is available in English and Spanish.
- Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to purchase several virtual phone numbers from a single area code or from a selection of area codes of your choosing.
Freshdesk Contact Center also offers the option of purchasing toll-free phone numbers as well as vanity phone numbers.In order to make or receive calls after making the transaction, you will need to reload your phone credits.You may even transfer your current phone numbers to Freshdesk Contact Center and continue to use them.
Additional perks of getting a virtual phone number on Freshdesk Contact Center (Formerly Freshcaller)
Frequently asked questions about Freshdesk Contact Center (Formerly Freshcaller)
How do I start making outbound calls using Freshdesk Contact Center?
To get started, create a Freshdesk Contact Center account. Purchase a phone number or number(s) as well as phone credits to begin making and receiving calls. The phone widget, which shows on the right-hand side of the screen, may be used to begin making outbound phone calls.
How many phone numbers can I buy?
Freshdesk Contact Center allows you to purchase an unlimited number of local, toll-free, and vanity phone numbers. Phone numbers are available for purchase for as little as $1 a month, with prices varying depending on the country. Refer to our incoming and outbound call rates for inbound and outbound calls by country and number.
How does Freshdesk Contact Center charge my usage?
- Freshdesk Contact Center price is divided into three categories.
- To begin, you must purchase phone numbers by subscribing to a monthly service for a minimal charge.
- You may also transfer phone numbers from your current system to your new system.
- Second, in order to be able to make calls, you must purchase phone credits.
Call charges for both inbound and outgoing calls will be deducted from your phone credits.In the end, there is a license price to consider.The agent licensing costs will vary depending on the package you pick after completing your free trial period.
If I have an existing business phone number, will my number change or can I port my numbers to Freshdesk Contact Center?
- This is not always the case.
- You may always transfer the phone numbers from your current Freshdesk Contact Center account to your new account.
- Depending on how the port-in procedure is carried out, additional costs may apply.
- The numbers will continue to function in the same way they did in your old phone system after the port-in process is complete.
To learn more about our number porting service, click here.
Is Freshdesk Contact Center GDPR compliant?
- Freshdesk Contact Center is a company phone solution that complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- When using certain features such as call recording, it is necessary for you as a company to obtain the caller’s agreement before beginning the recording.
- Read our Freshworks GDPR policy for more information.
We’re sorry, but our deep dig didn’t provide any results.Please use a new search phrase to see if it helps.There is already a user account with this email address.We can assist you in locating it.Please keep me in mind.
An email has been sent to you confirming your registration and providing your login details.Thank you very much.
What Your Phone Number Area Code Says About Your Credibility In This Town
- There is a large debate going on in Tumblr world right now over the meanings and implications of particular New York City area code numbers.
- So, which area code lends you the most credibility?
- What are the numbers 212, 917, 347, and 718?
At times, it feels like we’re debating American Express cards (green is the new black, after all).Let’s take a look at what some of our Manhattan friends have to say about these area codes, starting with Ryan Brown of Fame Game: ″In terms of ″meanings,″ the number ″212″ is a prime number for those who live in this area since it is connected with Manhattan and commerce.To get a ″212″ in this context signified that ″you made it.″ Seventeen hundred and eighty-eighth is more like the ″second class, bridge and tunnel″ guy…you’re in NYC, but you’re in the outer boroughs.Because there are so few of these, the number ″917″ has become a sought-after mobile phone number.
The numbers ″347″ and ″646″ are still a little difficult to get accustomed to, however having a ″347″ gives you a little ″street cred,″ as it is mostly a cell phone number in the outer boroughs.″ A young Manhattanite responds with the following: ″This is completely incorrect.A landline number (212) indicates that you are above the age of 50 (unless it is a business number, in which case you should be pleased to know that you are working).″917″ indicates that you were a ″it″ person in New York between 1996 and 1997 (i.e., when people were still mentioning Gwyneth Paltrow), but that you have since gone on to pastures new.If you received ″917″ more lately, you are considered a loser if you make any mention of the fact that you received ″917.″ ″646″ indicates that you were a loser between 1996 and 1997, but that you have managed to establish some sort of credibility over time simply by virtue of the inevitable attrition of your superiors and the annual swell of city neophytes lapping onto the shores of this fair town in the same way that you did.It is assumed that you are white and reside in a 1.5 million dollar plus brownstone in Park Slope if you came up via the ″917″ but are now a ″718.″ If you began off as ″718″ and are white, it suggests that you relocated to Brooklyn right out of college, according to the definition.
If you were born in the year ″718″ and are not white, it is likely that you did not attend college.No one who is white was given the birth number ″718.″ I’m not sure what the number 347 implies.″ Finally, Peter Feld is called upon to serve as referee: ″ YM This one is a definite FTW.You can find a slew of articles from the 1990s about the anxiety of people pleading for a 212 when they relocated, while NYNEX/Verizon (can’t remember which) was attempting to force 646s down their throats instead.My nice old-school customer service lady actually looked up an article in the NY Times and found a quote from a company spokesman who told the Times that they would ″try to accommodate″ people who still wanted 212, and then she relented and gave me the number that I still use for my (cough) land line.
- The technical explanation is as follows: Originally, there were 212 boroughs in New York City.
- Brooklyn/Queens/SI received 718 in the 1980s (I’m too lazy to dig it up), resulting in the first wave of social anxiety.
- After being assigned the number 212 (as it had been in the old, pre-1898 New York City), the Bronx was later reassigned to the number 718 because the number 212 became more rare.
- 917 was the first New York City mobile phone number, and it served as a temporary equalizer because it encompassed all five boroughs and demonstrated that you owned a cell phone.
- 646 was implemented in the late 1990s after 212 became insufficient to handle all of the landlines, which were still in widespread use at the time.
- This resulted in genuine status anxiety.
- 347 was repurposed as the Brooklyn 917, which is to say, for mobile phones (also includes Queens, etc.) Court rulings stopped area codes from being confined to either landlines or mobile phones at some point after that, and subsequently, phone number portability (the ability to maintain your number when you change carriers) became a legal requirement.
- Therefore, the numbers 917, 718, 646, 347, and even 212 may now be connected to either a landline or a mobile phone.
Cell phones are rare (although they are the greatest!) in 212 cases, and common in 718 cases.In addition, 917 landlines are prevalent, and 646 is a two-way line, while 347 is still mostly used for non-Manhattan mobile phones.At some time, it became essential to dial ten numbers even while calling a number inside your area code.Was it ever brought to your attention that if you’re dialing from a 212 phone, you must dial 1-718, but that you do not need to enter the ″1-″ if you’re dialing from another 212 phone?(This may not be applicable if you are calling from a corporate phone system.) That’s all there is to it, guys.
In-depth explanation of area codes.On Tumblr, it’s just another day!
El Paso, TX Local Phone Numbers
- When your local company presence isn’t enough to reach your clients, Nextiva puts you where they are.
- In addition to the El Paso area code, Nextiva provides phone numbers in any city in the United States.
- Purchase a phone number with the area code 915 and put your company on the fast track to success in Texas!
- Nextiva’s VoIP digital phone services allow you to connect with customers in the El Paso area code by using a digital phone system.
681,000 people live in the city, which is spread out across a land area of 256 square miles.Area code 915 serves the city of El Paso, as well as the nearby cities of Culberson and Hudspeth, which are both located in El Paso County in West Texas.
NextivaLoves El Paso
- It is the sixth-largest city in the state and the only one with an area code that is in the Mountain Time Zone in the state of Texas.
- It is strategically placed on the Rio Grande River, and it shares a border with both Mexico and the United States of America.
- Interesting to note is that footprints found in El Paso indicate that the city has been occupied by humans for more than 10,000 years.
- More recently, the city of El Paso was founded in 1680 and incorporated in 1873, the year it became the present capital.
Following the Civil War, the city saw a significant population increase, which was followed by another during the Mexican Revolution in 1913.Military expansion, oil discoveries, and mining all contributed to the city’s prosperity during the 1900s, and the city’s important commercial ties with Mexico continue to ensure its continued prosperity today.The El Paso area code has a diversified economy, as do the surrounding areas.The headquarters of Western Refining, a Fortune 500 corporation, are located in the 915 area code.The crude oil refinery is the sole Fortune 500 corporation with a presence in the city, although there are more than 70 other businesses with headquarters in El Paso, too.
Among the other publicly traded enterprises in the area are Helen of Troy Limited, a maker of healthcare products, and El Paso Electric Company.The area code 915 is also a prominent role in the military business, as previously stated.Fort Bliss is the biggest army training facility in the United States, and the city is also home to the William Beaumont Army Medical Center and Biggs Army Airfield, among other military facilities.In reality, the defense sector employs more over 41,000 people in El Paso, according to official figures.In recent years, the El Paso area code has emerged as a major hub for contact centers, which currently employ more than 10,000 people in the region.
Additional border patrol and government functions that control the city’s border relations and security with Mexico are also noteworthy.Finally, the Medical Center of the Americas, which is the sole medical research and treatment provider in West Texas and Southern New Mexico, is located in area code 915.A forecast for future job growth in El Paso predicts a 37 percent increase in employment, while the city’s unemployment rate is at 4.8 percent, which is lower than the national average of 5.2 percent.The average household income in the El Paso area code is $42,000, which is lower than the national average of $53,000 and also lower than the median household income in the United States.
- Healthcare and social assistance are the most prevalent occupations among El Paso citizens, followed by educational services and retail commerce, according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- It was in 2010 that the National Civic League presented El Paso with the ″All-American City Award,″ recognizing the inhabitants of area code 915 for their ″cooperative efforts to address community-wide concerns.″ El Paso was also voted the ″Safest Large City in the United States″ in 2013, and has previously been ranked in the top three safest large cities in the country since 1997.
- Franklin Mountains State Park, the biggest urban state park in North America, is also located in the city, and it holds a variety of yearly events, including festivals, marathons, triathlons, and shows, among other things.
Nextiva digital phone system benefits include:
- Local Business Presence is important. Having an El Paso, TX phone number allows you to communicate and do business from any location in the globe.
- Price structure that is straightforward and inexpensive, with no hidden expenses
- Activation is immediate. It is simple to get started. Simply select a business phone number and specify where you’d like the calls to be forwarded to
- Nextiva VoIP phone services usually contain powerful basic PBX capabilities such as voicemail, call forwarding, and numerous extensions, as well as a variety of other functions.
- There is never a need for specialized equipment.
- System updates are simple and allow for easy tweaks and growth.
Experience the Nextiva Difference
- An El Paso area code is advantageous for any company, but it is especially advantageous for businesses in the oil and defense industries.
- No matter where in the world your firm is physically situated, Nextiva VoIP digital phone systems enable you to obtain an El Paso area code for your phone system.
- You may easily get into the local market in area code 915 from anywhere in the globe if you can accept calls on your smartphone, desktop computer, or even tablet computer when you have access to the internet.
- All you have to do to get started with Nextiva is select the phone number you wish to use.
Nextiva provides fast activation, so there is no waiting.The Nextiva roll-over system also allows you to add the El Paso area code to your present company number, if you do not already have one.Because no extra equipment is required, utilizing Nextiva VoIP services is now simpler than it has ever been.What exactly is included in the Nextiva packages?As a starting point, you’ll have access to strong basic PBX services such as conference calling, voicemail to email, and even call recording.
Every area code in El Paso is likewise pre-loaded with the Auto Attendant software.By removing the need for receptionists and allowing your software to do the talking for you, your organization will save both time and money.In addition to connecting your consumers to the appropriate extension, the Auto Attendant helps your company to project a professional image to your customers.Additional to this, if you acquire the area code 915 for your company, you will also have access to the NextOS software package.This simple tool allows you to view all you need to know about your account in one convenient location.
You can easily manage your clients, users, features, and even your billing in one place.When it comes time to expand, Nextiva will be there to support you.With the company’s flexible upgrading methods, you may grow, add extensions, and acquire additional area codes anytime and anywhere you choose, no matter where you are located.The assurance of inexpensive pricing implies that you will only pay for what you require and that there will be no hidden fees or levies.
- After that, the Amazing Service provided by our in-house customer support staff completes your Nextiva package experience.
- Because they understand how essential your time is, 95% of calls are answered on the second ring.
- Seven days a week, the customer support team is here to assist you with any technical issues you may be experiencing.
- Having an El Paso area code for your company is not uncommon, and you’re not alone in this.
- With your El Paso area code, you may take advantage of strong features, exceptional customer service, economical pricing, and more.
- Improve the performance of your company in the Texas economy, and then expand with Nextiva when the time is perfect.
- Contacting Nextiva is as simple as making a phone call, so get in touch with them immediately!
(917) Area Code Business Phone Numbers
- Additionally to New York’s (917) Area Code numbers, we also have numbers in a variety of New York’s local area codes, including the following: We also provide numbers for a large variety of area codes around the United States.
- Our inventory is continually being updated with new phone numbers, including those from the most popular area codes.
- Using our ″Find Your Number″ tool, which is displayed at the top of every page, you may check the available numbers for any area code at any time of day or night.
- We hope you are able to locate the ideal phone number for your company!
If you want assistance in picking a phone number, please let us know and we will assist you in locating a business phone number for your company.
What Is a Virtual Phone Number?
- A virtual business phone number is just like any other phone number in terms of functionality.
- You will be able to make and receive phone calls, as well as receive voicemail.
- A virtual phone number, on the other hand, allows you to have a dedicated business phone number on the same phone as a personal phone number, which is not possible with a traditional phone number.
- A virtual phone number does not necessitate the purchase of any extra gear.
You continue to use your phone in the same manner as before.
I Already Have a Business Phone Number in The (917) Area Code. Can I Move My Number to GBPN?
Yes, you are able to transfer your phone number to the GBPN. ″Porting″ is the term used to describe the process of changing or transferring a phone number. There will be no price from us; however, your current service provider may charge you a fee for switching. For additional information, please read our phone number porting page.
What Is a Vanity Phone Number?
- A vanity number is a series of digits that are easy to remember and are used for marketing purposes, such as 1-800-PET-FOOD or 1-800-GO-FEDEx, for example.
- Whenever you phone 1-800-PET-FOOD, you are actually dialing the number 1-800-732-3663.
- Toll-free numbers are not the only type of vanity numbers available.
- You may get a vanity phone number that also serves as a local phone number.
In the case that you have a local phone number of 917-555-3663, your vanity phone number would be 917-555-FOOD (for food).
What Kind of Installation Do I Need for Your Service?
There is no additional hardware required, and there is no installation necessary. You will continue to use your current cell phone. Our virtual business phone number solution makes use of your current internet connection to operate.
Is (917) Area Code a Toll-Free Number?
No. The area code (917) does not function as a toll-free number. If you require a toll-free number, we can provide one as well. If you have any additional frequently asked questions, please see our FAQ page for answers.
Area Codes You Never Want to Call Back and Why
- We all know that answering our smartphone or landline with a warm greeting is not always the best or safest reaction to a call from an unexpected phone number, especially in light of the huge frequency of robocall interruptions and phone scams that occur every day.
- The unfortunate reality is that fraudsters are well aware of the fact that there are instances when circumstances may force us to accept or receive an unsolicited call from a phone number we do not recognize.
- By modifying their approaches, they’ve discovered new avenues for connecting with potential victims, eliciting just the right amount of fascination or worry to help them get over the first suspicion they feel.
- If you want to put a halt to phone scammers in their tracks, educate yourself with the following common methods of stealing your money or personal information, as well as the area codes that may alert you to these schemes:
The one-ring scam
- This popular fraud is straightforward, relying mainly on our inherent curiosity to deceive us.
- The phone rings, but before you get a chance to pick up the phone, the call is disconnected.
- It’s possible that this will happen multiple times before you answer.
- If you do answer the phone, the caller will hang up on you immediately.
Calling again will very likely result in a recorded message, and you will be charged hefty international costs, which may amount to upwards of $20 in the first minute.The criminal, while collecting all or a portion of these fees, moves on to other victims, employing robocall autodialers that may make thousands of calls per second and make millions of calls per day.
Ring and run
- Despite the fact that there are several varieties of this scam, the constant thread is that the fraudster seeks to generate a sense of urgency in the victim.
- On the other end of the phone, the caller announces a time-sensitive emergency while pretending to be from an agency or organization that can assist you or a friend or family in a difficult situation.
- For example, they may claim to be a bail bondsman or collection agency, or they may identify themselves as a member of police enforcement or a member of a hospital’s staff.
- A caller may hang up the phone abruptly or suggest that you call them back once they are satisfied that they have your full attention.
As in the previous example, the purpose may be to get you to contact a premium-rate phone number, or to trick you into giving them money or access to sensitive data like your bank account or credit card numbers.Whatever their ultimate goal, these frauds function by establishing a sense of urgency in their victims….This tactic is used in the so-called ″grandparent scam,″ in which the caller claims to be a grandchild who is in jail and needs money for bail quickly, or who is in some other form of problem and wants immediate aid.
Watch out for calls from the Caribbean
- ″One-ring″ and ″ring and run″ scams are frequently perpetrated by criminals who use codes that originate in the Caribbean region to do their crimes. Many of these nations and territories, like the United States, utilize the country code +1, which makes phone calls from this region seem to be from within the country. Because of the large number of new area codes that have been created in recent years, according to Inc. magazine, it is now simpler than ever for criminals to cause uncertainty about which phone numbers are domestic and which are not. Reader’s Digest has compiled a useful list of area codes that may be problematic in the future. Unless you are certain that a call is authentic, it is advisable to ignore calls from the following international area codes that include a +1 country code: +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 Sierra Leone is represented by 232 people
- the Bahamas by 242 people
- Barbados by 246 people
- the British Virgin Islands by 284 people
- Antigua and Barbuda by 268 people
- the Cayman Islands by 345 people
- Bermuda by 441 people
- Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique by 664 people
- Montserrat by 649 people
- Saint Lucia by 758 people
- the Dominican Republic by 809 people
- Jamaica by 876 people
- Saint Kit
Keep your guard up with area codes 712 and 218 — or for that matter, any number you don’t recognize
- Those who call from overseas area codes aren’t the only ones who should be on the lookout for scams.
- According to the consumer information website Clark.com, a technique known as ″traffic pumping″ is practiced by certain rural providers.
- Certain service providers in sparsely populated areas use this contentious practice to bill cellular and long-distance carriers exorbitantly high rates for calls to local numbers.
- Providers will distribute these costs among their customers in order to alleviate the strain.
The area codes 712 and 218 (which serve Western Iowa and Northern Minnesota, respectively) have become well-known for engaging in this type of activity.Clark.com describes a sign that you are about to get ″traffic-pumped″ as a notification indicating the call you are about to make is outside of your plan.If this happens, simply hang up before the call is connected, and you will not be charged.Because it is quite simple for criminals to utilize spoofing technologies to show a fictitious phone number on your Caller ID, it is generally recommended to screen any calls or messages from unknown callers.If you are charged for a bogus call, it may be wise to contact your service provider to see if you can get the situation resolved on your own.
If the caller continues to harass you, you should register a complaint with the FCC.It can be beneficial to use a combination of strategies to reduce intrusions from scam callers, such as registering with the Federal Trade Commission’s Do Not Call list, using the call-blocking feature on your phone, and even downloading a mobile app that filters out calls that have been previously identified as spam or fraudulent.Read our blog article ″Effective Solutions to Stop Spam Calls″ for further information.
What’s the Best Area Code?
- Because your phone number indicates a great deal about your personality, you need the finest area code possible.
- Choosing a prominent area code may have a significant influence on your money, social life, and interpersonal connections.
- Consider the following scenario: you receive a text message from a 212 number.
- Now, you may not be a resident of New York City, but a short Google search will reveal that 212 is the city’s original and highly sought-after area code!
That immediately conjures up an image of the city in your head, and you find yourself visualizing Audrey Hepburn from the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s on the other end of the phone, texting to check whether the old bicycle you posted on Craigslist is still available for purchase.Okay, so that particular vision might be a little out of the ordinary, but area codes do have specific connotations with certain locations.In addition, your phone number denotes a physical location, which on its own conveys implications of lifestyle, career, and even age and wealth to those who know you well enough.
Do People Judge my Area Code?
- They most certainly do!
- Using local calling numbers to represent personal information has been a common practice for decades.
- Are you a Southern California influencer who enjoys having an unique 310 number?
- Or perhaps a die-hard Vermont outdoorsman with an 802 phone number.
Area codes have evolved into marketing signifiers in recent years.If you own a business, having a local area code that is specific to your activities is essential.For the sole reason that they are so uncommon, those 212 Manhattan numbers are extremely tough to come by and obtain.After the original code 212 was exhausted in 1984, a supplemental code 310 was introduced to fill the gap in the region’s code supply.Los Angeles is just as difficult to locate.
A whole grey market is dedicated to the purchasing and selling of these elusive, premium area codes, and they fetch a hefty price on the open market.Fortunately, you won’t have to pay much money in order to obtain the most appropriate area code for your purposes.Hushed is on hand to assist you!
What’s the Best Area Code in the US?
1. (212) New York City
This recommendation comes with a caveat: obtaining a 212 phone number in 2020 will be functionally extremely difficult, if not almost impossible.Instead, can we suggest the overlay codes 917 or 718 as an alternative?The five boroughs are covered by these two codes.
In contrast to the elusive 212, while they are in scarce quantity, they are not impossible to come by.If you’re looking for a real New York City phone number, either 917 or 718 will do just fine!
2. (415) the San Francisco Bay Area
The San Francisco Bay region is home to several technological heavyweights. Silicon Valley is the location of the headquarters of companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, and Tesla. Are you in technology, or do you work in one of the hundreds of related businesses such as manufacturing or sales? If this is the case, you might want to look into a 650 number.
3. (650) Silicon Valley
Are you looking for a more tech-specific approach rather than the broad ″San Francisco area″? Make an investment in a 415 number. Sections of Marin and San Mateo counties are served by the 415 route, which covers much of San Francisco. Either of these options will be beneficial to you in the technology field.
4. (310) Los Angeles
A extremely popular and in-demand area code, the 310, is located in Los Angeles.Los Angeles is a bustling metropolis with a vast population that attracts visitors from all over the world.Because to urban sprawl, it is one of the largest cities in the United States, not only in terms of people, but also in terms of physical size.
A 310 number informs folks that you are not a recent arrival; rather, you are a native of the area.
5. (818) Hollywood / (626) Pasadena
A extremely popular and in-demand area code, the 310, is located in Southern California.There are almost 8 million people living in Los Angeles, making it the most populous city in the United States.Because of urban sprawl, it is one of the largest cities in the United States, not only in terms of people, but also in terms of land area.
Someone who sees your 310 number will immediately realize that you are not a recent arrival, but rather a local.
6. (202) Washington, DC
The 202 area code was the first area code assigned to the District of Columbia. A 202 area code signifies that you are a politician, or at the very least that you are close to the local political scene. Whether you’re an intern, a staffer, a government employee, or a politician in your own right, having a phone number with a 202 area code gives you more credibility.
7. (305) Miami / Florida Keys
Miami is a major worldwide tourism destination.Retirees from all over the country are flocking to Florida, and as a result, the state’s real estate market is flourishing.The Florida Keys are a little more ″low-key″ (sorry for the bad pun!) than the rest of the state, but they are still popular vacation spots.
Tourism is a significant industry in Florida, and having a Miami / Keys phone number will only help you advertise your business in this region of the state.
8. (512) Austin
Austin, Texas, is the hipster capital of the South and the capitol of the biggest state in the United States.Renowned for its live music scene, Austin attracts a large number of Millenials who appreciate the city’s unique music culture as well as its locally produced cuisine.It is also well-known for its developing information technology industry.
As a real Austinite, having a 512 number will give you more influence.
9. (206) Seattle
Another tech start-up hub is the seaside city of Seattle, Washington (have you detected a pattern in this list?It’s almost as though the big internet companies like utilizing local phone numbers!) Seattle is the most populous city in the Pacific Northwest and one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, according to the United States Census Bureau.The Emerald City is serviced by the 206 area code, which is in high demand all of the time and is overlaid by the 360, 253, and 425 area codes, among others.
Any of those codes would make it easier to blend in if you were dialing a local Seattle number!
10. (617) Boston
Boston, Massachusetts, is one of the oldest cities in the United States and a contemporary metropolis.In addition to being the most populated city in New England, Boston is a significant tourist attraction.Aside from that, it is the home to a plethora of educational institutions.
In or close to Boston, you’ll find three prestigious universities: Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Northeastern University.If you’re an academic, a 617 area code may be the ideal choice for you, since having a local number may be quite beneficial to your professional contacts and networking opportunities.
What’s the Best Area Code for Me?
Fortunately, with Hushed, you won’t have to spend a fortune on the most desirable area code.You may receive as many different area codes as you desire, and you can add dozens (or even hundreds) of phone numbers to your Hushed account at any time.When it comes to your business, having a highly sought-after phone area code is a tremendous asset.
It has the potential to harm your social position as well as your credibility inside your business.In order to sell yourself on a national scale, you may choose a range of phone numbers with different area codes and utilize them all as distinct entities.The best part is that you get to decide how long you want to keep that number!
- If you’re in Boston for school, but your home area code is still in Chicago, you’re in trouble.
- Yes, it is possible to quickly add a Boston area code to your Hushed account and utilize it for a brief Tinder encounter.
- Alternatively, if you like to maintain the number, you can do so for years to come.
- Are you based in Miami yet working remotely from Los Angeles?
- Hushed does not have a problem with this.
- Grab a phone number with a Los Angeles area code and go to work—no one will realize it’s not your primary phone number.
- With Hushed, the options are virtually limitless!
Take a temporary phone number without making a commitment and keep it for as long or as little time as you desire.Today is the day to get the finest area code possible!Choose a second phone number, and you’ll get unlimited calling and texting as well.Only $6.99 a month or $3.99 per week Get started right away!
Area code 754
Florida’s Broward County has area codes 954 and 754 which are both in the United States of America.Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Hollywood, Sunrise, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Davie, Weston, Dania Beach, Oakland Park, and Pembroke Pines are just a few of the notable cities in the numbering plan area, which also includes Deerfield Beach, Weston, Dania Beach, Oakland Park, and Pembroke Pines.After a break from area code 305, which had been the first and only area code for Florida when the North American Numbering Plan was established in 1947, area code 954 was put into service on September 11, 1995.
It replaced area code 305.In addition, various splits throughout the years had rendered 305 more or less coextensive with the Miami-Fort Lauderdale region.Broward County has used 305 for 48 years.
- Originally meant to be a long-term solution, 954 was already on the verge of exhaustion after five years of operation, owing to South Florida’s fast expansion and the proliferation of auxiliary devices like as mobile phones, pagers, and fax machines.
- In November 2000, the Florida Public Service Commission approved the use of an overlay area code to service Broward County, following a request by a telecommunications industry group seeking ways to alleviate the load on the county’s infrastructure and telephone system.
- It was expected that 954 would be depleted by the third quarter of 2002, according to projections.
CI Gateway Zip Code List
|91701||Alta Loma||San Bernardino County|
|91701||Rancho Cucamonga||San Bernardino County|
|91702||Azusa||Los Angeles County|
|91706||Baldwin Park||Los Angeles County|
|91706||Irwindale||Los Angeles County|
|91708||Chino||San Bernardino County|
|91709||Chino Hills||San Bernardino County|
|91710||Chino||San Bernardino County|
|91711||Claremont||Los Angeles County|
|91714||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|
|91715||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|
|91716||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|
|91722||Covina||Los Angeles County|
|91723||Covina||Los Angeles County|
|91724||Covina||Los Angeles County|
|91729||Rancho Cucamonga||San Bernardino County|
|91730||Rancho Cucamonga||San Bernardino County|
|91731||El Monte||Los Angeles County|
|91732||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|
|91732||El Monte||Los Angeles County|
|91733||El Monte||Los Angeles County|
|91733||South El Monte||Los Angeles County|
|91734||El Monte||Los Angeles County|
|91737||Alta Loma||San Bernardino County|
|91737||Rancho Cucamonga||San Bernardino County|
|91739||Etiwanda||San Bernardino County|
|91739||Rancho Cucamonga||San Bernardino County|
|91740||Glendora||Los Angeles County|
|91741||Glendora||Los Angeles County|
|91743||Guasti||San Bernardino County|
|91744||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|
|91744||La Puente||Los Angeles County|
|91745||City Of Industry||Los Angeles County|