How to Ship Packages from Home
- Choose a suitable box and pack your item (s). Your box should fit your item (s) well.
- Calculate the shipping cost. If you take your box to the post office,
- Pay for your shipping. After you’ve input your package information and selected services,
- Attach the shipping label. Once you’ve paid for shipping,
How to ship a package from home in five easy steps?
- Step 1: Gather your supplies and info.
- Step 2: Pick a box, almost any box.
- Step 3: Purchase and print your shipping label.
- Step 4: Place your label on the package.
- Step 5: Schedule a pickup.
No minimum weight,but any M-Bag under 11 lbs will be charged at the 11 lb price.
How do I ship from home?
Want to save time and ship from home? Use Click-N-Ship ® service to pay for postage and print a shipping label from your printer or at a Post Office ™ location. Plus, you can schedule a USPS ® pickup from your home or office. 1
What is the best way to ship a small package?
USPS offers the most competitive rates when shipping lightweight packages under 1 pound or 16 oz, using USPS First Class Mail or USPS Media Mail when shipping physical media.
How do I ship a FedEx package?
Follow these steps to learn how to ship a package. You can also visit the pros at any FedEx Office location to get friendly in-person help picking the right shipping box, as well as shipping options based on delivery time and shipping cost. Plan your shipment based on destination. Ensure the item can be shipped. Package the item.
Can you Ship a package from your house?
The U.S. Postal Service provides free package pickup from your home or office at a time and place that’s convenient for you. And follow the prompts. It’s free, regardless of the number of packages you’re sending. Your letter carrier will pick up your package when your regular mail is delivered.
How can I Ship without going to the Post Office?
With USPS.com, your Post Office is where you are. To start Click-N-Ship® service, sign in to or sign up for a free USPS.com account. Follow the steps to enter your package details, pay for postage, and print your shipping label. It’s that easy to Pay, Print & Ship®!
Can I mail a small package from home?
If your package is less than one-half inch thick and weighs less than 10 oz, you may use postage stamps and do one of the following: Put it in your mailbox for carrier pickup. Drop it in a blue collection box or Post Office lobby mail slot. Request a free pickup.
How can I ship USPS cheap?
Cheapest Ways to Ship with USPS
- If your package is 15.9 ounces or less, then using your own packaging with the First Class Package service will always be cheapest.
- If your package is over 1 pound but it fits into any Flat Rate Envelope or the Small Flat Rate Box, those are the cheapest ways to go.
Can you give your mailman a package?
Sure you can hand it to your local postman, if you only have a few pieces that are properly stamped as first class mail. But if you have thousands of pieces of the same type mail, you will want to avoid first class postage and mail as standard mail at almost half postage discount.
Can I handwrite a shipping label?
Can I handwrite a shipping label? You can handwrite the shipping address (as long as its eligible), but you will still need a carrier barcode, which needs to be generated by the carrier. Depending on the volume of orders you’re fulfilling, handwriting shipping addresses can become time-consuming.
Are USPS boxes free?
Nothing. No cost to you whatsoever. As long as you’re after USPS Priority Mail packaging, you can either pick up free boxes by walking into your local Post Office, or you can order them online on the USPS website. When you order these boxes and envelopes online, USPS will even deliver them directly to your doorstep!
How do I figure out shipping costs?
How to Use the USPS Shipping Calculator
- Navigate to the USPS Postage Price Calculator page.
- Enter the details of your letter or package.
- Select the shipment type.
- Compare shipping options.
- Add Extra Services.
- Hit “Continue” for your result.
- Pay for shipping and print postage for your shipment.
How can I ship a package from home without a printer?
UPS. If you don’t have access to a printer to print a shipping label, UPS is your best option. The carrier lets you schedule a pickup without labels and the driver will bring you shipping documents.
Can I use any box to ship UPS?
You can use your own box or UPS packaging supplies. Ideally, you’ll want to use a new corrugated box. Select and use proper cushioning materials for package contents. Wrap items individually and surround them with bubble sheeting and recyclable or foam loose-fill materials.
Is it cheaper to ship USPS with your own box?
While Medium and Large Flat Rate boxes may be free, using your own packaging is often CHEAPER than shipping Priority Mail Flat rate, thanks to a “secret” USPS mail class called Priority Mail Cubic.
What is the least expensive way to ship a package?
The cheapest way to send packages depends on the package you’re shipping:
How much does it cost per pound to ship USPS?
How much does USPS shipping cost per pound? USPS packages cost about $2.74 if less than one pound; if one pound or more, most packages start at $7. USPS rates for packages heavier than one pound typically increase by 10 to 25 cents for each pound added.
How to send USPS mail from home?
How do you mail a package from home?
The defendants eventually released the mail carrier and she was unhurt. The defendants intended to inspect the carrier’s home for the stolen package, but decided against it after the carrier told them the home had surveillance cameras. The carrier said her
How to Ship Packages from Home
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Shipping things from home may be the most convenient option if you have bulky or awkward items to mail.Many national post offices, such as the United States Postal Service (USPS), provide free package pickup, and the process is quite straightforward.In some circumstances, using a private shipping firm may be more cost-effective or time-efficient than using a public shipping company.There are various ways to save money on shipping, such as sending your product via media mail or taking advantage of special shipping rates available.
- 1 Choose an appropriate box for your goods and pack it carefully (s). Your box should be large enough to accommodate your item(s). However, it should not be excessively huge, and there should be enough room for cushioning on all sides of the object (s). You might use newspaper, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or other materials to cushion the box. If you don’t have a box, you might be able to scavenge one from your place of employment for no cost. Inquire with your boss about the possibility of taking a used box home. Prior addresses should be blacked out
- free Priority mailing boxes can be obtained from your local post office if needed. To obtain complimentary priority boxes, simply inquire with the attendant.
- 2 Calculate the cost of shipping and handling. If you take your box to the post office, they will figure out how much it will cost you. Use a tape measure to determine the length, breadth, and height of the box if you are doing this at home. Then put it on a scale to see how much it weighs. After that, you may do whatever you want. Navigate to the United States Postal Service homepage on your computer browser. To find out how much postage will cost you, click on the ″Calculate Postage″ link and enter the information about your item.
- Following the postage calculation, select the services you require from the pages that follow. Next-day delivery and package insurance are two examples of services that are available for an additional fee.
- Promotional material
- 3 You must cover the cost of shipping. Following the completion of your package details and selection of services, you should be presented with a screen asking you to confirm the information you have entered. Double-check both the address of the receiver and the address of the return address. Pay for the postage with your credit or debit card after that.
- 4 Attach the shipping label to the package. The shipping label will be available for you to print when you’ve completed the payment process. Make sure that it is securely attached to the package in a highly visible area. Remember to stay away from the bar codes on the label while taping it. Tape might interfere with the bar code reader and cause your item to be delayed.
- 5 Place your box in a safe place. Packing tape is the ideal method of closing your box, although other sturdy tapes, such as duct tape, will suffice in a hurry. Close your box by taping the flaps together so that it is securely sealed shut. If the tape appears to be sagging, add another layer (or several layers) to strengthen it. It is possible that you may want more stability for recycled boxes that will be used again. Tape all of the box’s corners and seams together using packing tape to keep it from coming apart or spilling open during transportation.
- 6 Make a time for your shipment to be picked up. Go to the home page of the post office. You should be able to locate a link that says something along the lines of ″Schedule a Pickup.″ Choose this option and then follow the on-screen instructions to schedule a time for your shipment to be picked up. Although the United States Postal Service (USPS) provides free pickup, many private shipping companies do not. Keep an eye out for these additional fees, since they can drastically raise the shipping cost
- in most cases, you will choose a place for pickup when booking the shipment. For example, the mailbox or the front or back entrance of your home are also good places to start looking. In addition, you may often offer directions on how to knock on the door/ring the bell, and so forth.
1 Get your shipping box ready to go.This should be done in the same manner as you would ordinarily transport a package from your home to the post office.Place your item(s) in an appropriate box and protect the products from damage with items such as newspaper, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap, if necessary.Then you’ll need to figure out how big your box is.
The information you are need to supply for your package may vary depending on the firm you choose.In order to transport a package, the dimensions of the package (length, breadth, height, and weight) must be known.
- 2 Fill out the form with your details and arrange a pickup time. Navigate to the website of the shipping company that you intend to use to ship your product. Select ″Schedule a Pickup″ from the drop-down menu and fill out the appropriate fields to calculate postage and shipment costs and details. Afterwards, double-check both the shipment and return addresses.
- Check the labeling policy to make sure it is correct. A particular label given by the firm, which you may have to buy by mail or pick up in person from a brick and mortar site, may be required, or you may be able to pay with a credit card and print your own label.
- Select a pickup time that works best for you.
3 Pack the box and ship it.Use packing tape to secure your package.Then tape or put the label in a prominent location where it will be seen clearly.The bar codes on the label should not be covered with tape.
If the shipping business you are using requires a specific label, you may be required to fill out shipping documentation before the product can be picked up by the delivery driver.Typically, the driver will carry these with him when he picks up the box.Depending on the company, you may be required to be present for parcel pickup.Another option may be for you to choose a pickup point, such as your mailbox, your front or back door, or another area.
- 1 Reduce the amount of transportation materials used. The cost of packing peanuts, bubble wrap, and even boxes might be prohibitively high. When packing your shipment, you may utilize or repurpose items from around the house to save money on these costs. To prevent your packaged products from becoming damaged during transit, you may use crumpled newspaper, old blankets, clean rags, or fabric filling, among other things.
- Boxes from your place of employment, from local companies (such as grocery stores and big box stores), and so on are good sources of salvage. Using a permanent pen, mark off any prior addresses on these cards.
2 Check out a few other shipping companies.The national postal service of your native country is most likely the least priced option………………When shipping on a regular basis or in large quantities, you may typically negotiate a lower cost than what is given by rivals in order to save money.If one firm has provided you with a more competitive price quote, share this information with competitors.
They could offer to match or beat that price.
Three, inquire about discounted prices.It is possible that private shipping businesses may provide discounted prices to customers who are shipping from their homes for the first time.It’s possible that special tariffs will be provided during the sluggish season in order to promote more shipment.When you’re out shopping, make sure to ask questions like these: ″I’m intending on delivering a medium-sized box weighing around 20 pounds (9 kg) from my residence.
If that type of shipment is available, are there any special prices being given at the moment?″
- 4 If at all feasible, send your product by media mail. Media mail is a more cheap method of transporting products weighing less than 70 pounds (32 kg). The disadvantage of media mail is that it takes significantly longer than standard delivery, making it unsuitable for time-sensitive shipments. A variety of printed materials (such as sheet music, playscripts, manuscripts, manuals, journals, and so on) as well as sound and video recordings (such as CDs and DVDs) and computer content that is readable are eligible for media mail delivery.
- Film (16 mm or thinner)
- educational materials (such as exam materials and accessories, reference charts, and so on)
- and other items.
- Question Add a new question Question There are two dressers and an end table in my room. Is it possible to send using USPS? Yes, as long as the shipments meet the USPS’s size and weight specifications. When shipping within the United States, a package cannot weigh more than 70 pounds and its length (longest dimension) and girth (twice the sum of the other two dimensions) cannot exceed 108 inches (130 inches when shipping through parcel post).
- Question If you choose to send a few things from your house using the USPS, do the mailing boxes have to be from the USPS or can you use standard boxes from the store? Mr Tinker’s Tinkering Community Answer Regular boxes can be utilized, however there may be an additional shipping charge.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
- Packing materials (such as newspaper, styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, and so on)
- Measuring tape
- Printer, scale, scissors, and tape are all needed.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXShipping hefty packages from home may be the most convenient option if you have a large number of them.After you’ve found boxes that are the right size for your items, take a tape measure and measure the length, breadth, and height of the boxes.Then, using a scale, weigh the boxes you’ve assembled and go to the USPS webpage to determine the appropriate postage.You can then pay for postage online and print off your mailing labels after you’ve entered all of the information for your box.
After that, you may go back to the post office’s webpage and click on the option that says ″Schedule a pickup.″ Use anything from around your house to pack your belongings to save money on shipping costs, such as crumpled newspaper, old blankets, clean rags, or fabric filling to keep your parcels safe and secure.Continue reading to find out how to ship products from your house using a private shipping firm.Did you find this overview to be helpful?Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 67,124 times so far.
Shipping & Mailing
With Click-N-Send, you will automatically earn USPS Loyalty Program credits when you ship your packages to your customers.Read on to find out more Want to save time by shipping from the comfort of your own home?If you want to pay for postage and print a shipping label from your printer or a Post OfficeTM site, you may use the Click-N-Ship® service.In addition, you can arrange for a USPS® pickup from your home or place of business.
1 Small businesses may now earn credits for Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® labels produced with Click-N-Ship through the United States Postal Service’s Loyalty Program.Labels should be printed.Find out more about Click-N-Ship by clicking here.Find Post OfficesTM and other places where you may purchase stamps, ship goods, apply for passports, and other services.Depending on the size, weight, and location of your letter or package, determine how much postage or how many stamps you’ll need to send it.Find a ZIP CodeTM by street address or by city and state to ensure that your mail is delivered to the correct location.
Start with complimentary Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® envelopes and boxes, as well as additional materials, to get your mailing underway.Take a look at our selection of postage stamps.Stamps may be found by a variety of criteria, including topic, color, season, mail service, and more.Pick up your parcel for free as part of your normal mail delivery, or pay a charge to have it picked up at a time that is convenient for you.
Learn how to determine the most appropriate envelope or card size, how to adhere to Postal Service addressing rules, and how to obtain stamps for your correspondence.Learn how to properly pack your box, select a mail service, and include enough stamps to ensure that your product arrives on time.Are you sending mail to an APO, FPO, or DPO address?
There are no exceptions when it comes to military and diplomatic mail.No matter where your loved one is stationed, you will pay domestic rates for military and diplomatic mail.Numerous domestic2 and international3 services, as well as free insurance and USPS Tracking®, are available to customers.For further peace of mind, you may purchase additional coverage and add-on services such as Certified Mail®.Embroider your own images on cards and envelopes, or utilize templates from third-party vendors to help you create a really unique design.Sending money orders is simple and may be done at any Post Office.
You can make your payment using a debit card, cash, or traveler’s check.Money orders are a safe, cost-effective, and permanent method of payment.1.
To learn more about free package pickup, visit the Schedule a Pickup page.Back to top 2.This offer is only valid with selected items and is only valid for domestic destinations.Certain things are excluded from insurance coverage.Sections 609.4.3 (Non-payable Claims), 609 (Filing Indemnity Claims for Loss or Damage), and 503.4 (Insured Mail) of the Domestic Mail Manual provide more information on claim exclusions.Back to top 3.
- This service is not accessible with Flat Rate envelopes and small Flat Rate boxes, or when mailing to specific locations.
- Ordinary indemnity coverage is replaced by insurance that has been purchased.
- For information on availability and coverage limits, consult the International Mail Manual.
- The scheduled delivery date and time is dependent on the origin and destination, as well as the Post OfficeTM’s acceptance time.
- There are certain limits.
- Please refer to the Postage Calculator for further details.
- The projected delivery date that is shown on your receipt or supplied at checkout will typically represent a delivery time of 1, 2, or 3 days based on the origin and destination as well as the Post OfficeTM acceptance time.
- There are several exceptions and limits.
- For further information, please see Priority Mail.
- Back ^
Cheapest Way to Ship a Package in 2022?
- Important Points: When selecting the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes, speed, distance, weight, and size are all aspects to consider.
- For both domestic and international mailings, the United States Postal Service, FedEx, and UPS are all dependable shipping companies to use.
- Use a shipping rate calculator to compare costs from numerous carriers based on package size, weight, destination, and delivery speed
- this will help you find the most affordable shipping rates available.
As of 2022, eCommerce delivery standards are shifting, and the vast majority of online shoppers have come to anticipate faster, more cost-effective (or even free!) delivery alternatives.That implies that excessive shipping costs might be a major turnoff for potential purchasers, resulting in a significant loss of revenue for you in the long run.As a result, it is critical to be able to determine the most cost-effective method of transporting an item to your customers from various shipping zones inside the United States or abroad.This will not only assist you in converting shipping-cost-sensitive customers and staying one step ahead of the competition, but it will also enhance your bottom line and assist you in maintaining a successful business.
So, what is the most cost-effective method of shipping a box these days?While there is no one-size-fits-all solution that can accommodate, well, boxes of all shapes and sizes, this article will assist you in determining the aspects that influence shipping prices as well as some strategies for negotiating shipping reductions with the major couriers.
Table of Contents
01 4 Crucial Shipping Rate Factors to Consider 02 Lowest and Fastest Shipping Options 02 What to Look for When Shopping for Shipping Rates 03 Shipping Services from Major Couriers at the Lowest Prices When Shipping Discounts Are Available 05 Discover the Most Economical Method of Sending a Package with Easyship
4 Crucial Shipping Rate Factors to Consider
There is no one, universal shipping technique that is regarded the gold standard for transporting a cargo at the lowest possible cost.Keep in mind that, depending on what you’re sending, you must also consider the weight and size of the item, how fast you need your shipment to arrive at its destination, and the shipping zone or country in which you are shipping.In this section, we describe the four most important elements to consider when deciding the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes.They are as follows: 1.Speed How quickly do you want your gift to arrive at its intended location?
As instant satisfaction becomes the norm, expedited shipment will undoubtedly become more important.However, bear in mind that the shorter the delivery time, the more money you will have to spend in the long run.Which delivery option do you prefer: overnight, the following day, in two days, in three days, or are you ready to wait for seven days to get your package?There are a variety of time-sensitive delivery alternatives available from different courier firms to accommodate your selected delivery schedule.You will, however, have to pay to play, in a sense.Overnight delivery can be up to five times more expensive than regular shipping.
Priority Mail from the United States Postal Service is the most cost-effective option for shipments weighing less than 10 pounds and needing to be delivered within 2-3 days.However, when sending products weighing more than 10 pounds within the same delivery window, UPS and FedEx services provide more attractive pricing.Due to the fact that the United States Postal Service does not guarantee delivery within a two-day period, UPS 2nd Day and FedEx 2Day are the best alternatives for parcels with a strict two-day delivery deadline.For expedited next-day or overnight delivery, UPS Next Day Air Saver and FedEx Standard Overnight provide affordable pricing when compared to the US Postal Service (USPS).
2.Geographical Distance First and foremost, evaluate the transportation zone from where your cargo is being delivered.Shipping companies divide the United States into eight shipping zones depending on the distance that your shipment must travel from the postal address or zip code where it is being shipped.
The shipping charge will increase proportionally to the distance between the shipping zone and the destination address.When sending items to consumers in different parts of the world, the question of whether to use domestic or international shipping comes up.International shipping, as you may guess, is more expensive than domestic shipping because of the distance between countries.Because your goods is held closer to the ultimate destination, having distribution centers in multiple locations of the United States can help your company save transportation costs while also shortening delivery times for your clients.Easyship collaborates with third-party logistics (3PL) providers and warehouses in a variety of locations across the world to help you reduce shipping distances and delays.3.
Body Mass Index (BMI) When looking for the most cost-effective way to send boxes, the weight of your delivery is an important issue to consider.The weight and size of your product will have an influence on the delivery fee.When sending lightweight items weighing less than one pound or sixteen ounces, the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers the most inexpensive rates, whether they are sent by USPS First Class Mail or USPS Material Mail when shipping physical media.
When shipping things weighing between 1 and 10 pounds, USPS Priority Mail is the most cost-effective alternative, while FedEx Ground/Home Delivery and UPS Ground/Home Delivery are the most cost-effective options for shipping hefty shipments inside the United States.4.Package Measurements The size of a package has everything to do with how much room it takes up at the rear of a track, based on its overall dimensions.The cost of shipping increases according to the size of the shipment.Different courier companies provide a variety of alternatives to assist you optimize the size of your item for transportation.One such option is to use Flat Rate Packages with the United States Postal Service.
- Despite the fact that this is not always the most cost-effective method of sending a package, it will assist you in keeping your shipping prices consistent.
- When it comes to tiny parcels, First Class Mail envelopes, flat rate envelopes, and USPS Priority Mail are the most affordable options.
- Another approach is to employ cubic pricing, which is more common in the construction industry.
- In the United States Postal Service, cubic pricing is an unique service that offers cheaper shipping prices when mailing tiny, heavy objects weighing less than 20lbs through the USPS Priority Mail service.
- Here’s how to figure out how many cubic feet your shipment contains: Cubic feet = 1728 divided by the sum of the length, width, and height.
- When calculating the delivery cost of your shipment, dimensional pricing is also taken into consideration.
- If your box is too large in comparison to its weight, the dimensional weight will be utilized to calculate the delivery fee for your shipment.
- Given that larger packages take up more room in airplanes and other cargo vehicles than smaller packages, the higher the shipping charge will be for the larger product.
- The dimensional weight of your shipment is computed by dividing the package’s dimensions by a factor known as a divisor.
- When the divisor is bigger, the delivery fee is less expensive.
- Dimensional weight is calculated as (L x W x H)/Divisor.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) has the biggest dimensional weight divisor, making it the most cost-effective option to send an item depending on its dimensions weight.
Additional Factors to Consider
- Aside from the cost, there are a number of other considerations to take into consideration. It’s possible that a low-cost choice that doesn’t provide reliable tracking services, insurance, or doesn’t commit to delivery deadlines will come with a number of hassles that outweigh the low cost. Here are some other considerations to keep in mind: Insurance: Insurance offers protection for your items while they are in transit. Additionally, it assists in mitigating any risks associated with missing or damaged goods. When looking for the most cost-effective way to send boxes, it is a good idea to see whether the carrier with the most affordable prices also offers insurance for your shipments throughout your investigation. While it may be more expensive, it may be wise to choose a carrier with a higher shipping fee that includes insurance over a less expensive alternative that does not protect you and needs you to pay insurance separately.
- Monitoring: Monitoring helps you expedite your buyers’ shipping experience while also building confidence by allowing them to see their cargo at every stage of its journey. The most economical method of shipping a package may provide sporadic tracking services, so you may need to carefully consider your alternatives to ensure that you choose one that provides outstanding tracking services.
- Fees for handling: It is possible that handling costs will be charged depending on how fragile your package is. When determining the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes, you should always consider whether or not you will be required to pay any additional handling costs.
- Surcharges for gasoline and residential use: The majority of the time, low-cost shipping plans contain hidden expenses, such as last-mile delivery fees, fuel surcharges, or residential levies. Keep in mind to check for these extra fees when selecting your shipment method
- Guarantee of delivery: You must determine whether the lowest shipping option is committed to meeting its delivery deadlines in order to avoid causing annoyance to your clients. After all, it’s always about providing excellent customer service.
Cheapest and Fastest Shipping Options
Now that we’ve examined the many delivery criteria that influence shipping charges, it’s time to compare the various shipping alternatives side by side depending on each of them.
|Less than 10 lbs (Standard)||X|
|Over 10lbs (Standard)||X||X|
|Next-day shipping (AM)||X|
|Next-day shipping (PM)||X||X|
|Expedited International shipping||X|
Cheapest Shipping Services from Major Couriers
- Use a shipping rate calculator to compare costs from multiple carriers depending on your item size, weight, destination, and delivery speed. This will help you get the best deal. Let’s have a look at the most cost-effective method of transporting a package with each of the major shipping courier companies. When sending a box measuring 9 inches by 6 inches by 2 inches and weighing 8 pounds from Connecticut to Hong Kong. Priority Mail International (USPS Priority Mail International) is $86.45 and takes 8 days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited (UPS Worldwide Expedited) is $210.05 and takes 2-5 days
- FedEx International Economy (FedEx International Economy) is $212.95 and takes 4-6 days
- and DHL Express Worldwide is $83.30 and takes 8 days.
When Shipping Discounts Apply
When it comes to your eCommerce business, obtaining shipping discounts from courier firms may be a game-changer, as they can help you minimize your shipping costs per parcel shipped.Shipping companies often offer you discounts on your shipping charges based on the number of shipments you send.In general, the more you shop, the more favorable your rates get.Another excellent method of obtaining low shipping prices is to use a third-party logistics (3PL) provider such as Easyship to connect with the main carriers.
When utilizing the services of a third-party courier, you will almost always be able to negotiate better prices than if you were to bargain directly with courier providers.Because of the sheer quantity of items that 3PL businesses send to these couriers, they frequently receive substantial shipping savings.Then, by providing their partners lower prices, they are able to pass on the savings to them.It’s a win-win situation.
Find the Cheapest Way to Send a Package with Easyship
- Easyship is the leading shipping and logistics firm in the world, with a network of over 250 couriers operating across the world. Due to this, we have been able to negotiate some of the finest shipping deals with renowned carriers, and we can help you save up to 70% on your shipping costs. In addition, we provide you with additional shipping solutions to help you expedite your delivery process and please your customers. They are as follows: Rate Calculator: Our shipping rate calculator allows you to compare shipping prices from a variety of different carriers.
- Comparative Tool: Using our courier comparison tool, you can evaluate the numerous shipping services offered by each courier, allowing you to pick the cheapest option to ship based on a variety of aspects other than just price.
- Insurance: Easyship provides you with insurance coverage up to $5000 to help keep your parcels secure while in transit.
- Tracing: From custom-branded tracking emails to automated messaging notifications, Easyship helps you keep your purchasers informed about the status of their packages throughout the delivery process.
- To get started, create a free Easyship account now! If you’re seeking for even more low-cost shipping choices, have a look at the following resources. The top ten eCommerce markets that you should be focusing your efforts on
- What is the most cost-effective method of shipping a package to the United Kingdom?
- What is the most cost-effective method of shipping oversized items?
How to Ship Packages Without Leaving Your House
You don’t have to do much more than stamp a letter and drop it in the mailbox when you mail it.Shipping a parcel, on the other hand, is a very different animal.The good news, though, is that you still don’t need to leave the comfort of your home if you don’t want to.Here’s how to completely avoid going to the post office and mailing any parcel without ever leaving your house.
RELATED: How to Follow the Progress of Your Amazon Packages Making use of the Amazon Echo We recommend that you utilize the United States Postal Service to transport a box from your home (United States Postal Service).The shipping companies UPS and FedEx allow you to mail items from your home, but their shipping costs are greater, and they demand a fee to pick up your parcels (although UPS will pick up a box for free if they are already going by to drop off another package for you).In any event, the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers excellent shipping rates and will pick up any box from your doorstep at no additional charge.
What You’ll Need
It is necessary to have a few items on hand in order to ship a box from your home, some of which you may already have.But if you don’t have any, you can easily purchase them online at sites such as Amazon or in most stores such as Wal-Mart and Target.LINKED TO: The How-To Geek’s Guide to Choosing the Best Laser Printer First and foremost, you’ll want a printer in order to print out your mailing labels.In addition, you will not require a special printer; any printer that can print on standard paper will suffice.
Second, you’ll need either shipping labels or scissors and packing tape to attach the label on your item, depending on your preference.Adhesive shipping labels are extremely handy since they can be applied to parcels with a single motion (peeling and sticking), but they are more expensive in the long term.Instead of spending money on fancy labels, choose for simple scissors and packing tape, as well as printing your labels on plain white paper to save money.Last but not least, you’ll want a postal scale.Nothing too fancy is required, and this one from Accuteck ($17) will do the job quite well enough without breaking the bank.At the very least, you want to make certain that you get one that measures in ounces.
Step One: Purchase Postage
There are a handful of different options for purchasing postage for your box online. PayPal’s built-in shipping tool or the USPS website both allow you to mail things through the less expensive First Class rung of the United States Postal Service. Because the USPS website only allows you to select Priority Mail for some strange reason, the PayPal loophole offers a convenient workaround.
Using the USPS Website (Priority Mail)
Visit the United States Postal Service’s website, hover over ″Mail & Ship,″ and click on ″Click-N-Ship″ to pay postage and print your mailing label for the first choice.Depending on whether you currently have a USPS account or not, you will need to log in or establish an account from this point on.Following either of these actions, you will be sent to the Click-N-Ship page.When you get at this page, the first thing you should do is input your email address if it has not already been entered.
Since I linked my postal address to my USPS account, my account is already pre-loaded with information.After that, scroll down to the part under ″Where are you sending to?″ and input the name and address of the location where you’ll be mailing the package to.On the right-hand side of the screen, you can select options such as saving the address in your USPS address book, notifying the recipient that a package has been shipped to them, and holding the package at a post office for the recipient to pick up themselves rather than having it delivered to their door step.Using the drop-down option in the following column, labeled ″Enter a shipment date,″ you may choose the date on which you’ll be mailing your product.Next to ″Enter package details,″ choose either ″I am sending flat rate″ or ″Enter package weight″ from the drop-down menu.Only if you’re utilizing a Priority Mail-branded box from the United States Postal Service will you choose the first choice.
Other than that, input the weight of the package—this is where your postal scale will come in handy again.Then, in the following form, provide a monetary value for the items contained within your package.This is true if you elect to purchase insurance in the event that your box is misplaced (insurance is free for packages up to $50 in value when you ship using Priority Mail).Finally, select ″Choose Service Type″ from the drop-down option that appears.
Unfortunately, Click-N-Ship is only available for Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express, thus you will not be able to take advantage of the cheaper First Class shipping option (see the next section for more on that).After that, select ″View available Services and Prices″ from the drop-down menu.With the exception of Priority Mail boxes from the United States Postal Service, you’ll select the first choice on the list.
Select ″Add insurance and other services″ from the drop-down menu.You’ll be able to add on items like Signature Confirmation if you scroll down to that section.When you’re finished, click on ″Add to Cart″ in the bottom-right corner of the screen to proceed.On the following screen, double-check all of the information and then click ″Next: Billing Information.″ After that, select your payment option, which may be either a credit/debit card or PayPal, and then click the checkbox next to the terms and conditions to confirm.If you want to use a credit or debit card, you’ll need to pick ″Add New Card″ if you don’t already have one on file with the United States Postal Service.To proceed, click on the ″Next: Pay and Print″ button.
Your shipment will be shipped when you pay for the postage.You will now print out the mailing label.Select ″Print Labels″ from the drop-down menu and follow the instructions on your printer’s screen.
Using PayPal’s Shipping Tool (First Class)
- Unexpectedly, PayPal does not publicly promote its built-in shipping function, but clicking on this link will take you directly to it after you have logged into your PayPal account.
- It is advantageous to use this approach since it allows you to select the USPS’s First Class postage tier, which is less expensive than Priority Mail.
- The only drawback is that you must have a PayPal account in order to utilize their shipping service, which is a pain.
- Once you have logged into your PayPal account and clicked on the link, the first step is to input the mailing address of the person who will be receiving the payment.
- When you’re finished, click on ″Shipping to This Address.″ After that, select ″Service type″ from the drop-down box that appears.
- If your shipment weighs less than one pound, you should choose ″First-Class Mail.″ Otherwise, Priority Mail is the best option.
- Priority Mail is still an option in any case, and it will get the box to its destination faster than First Class Mail, but it will be more expensive than First Class Mail.
- Choose between ″Large Package″ and ″Package/Thick Envelope″ as the next option under ″Package type″ after that.
- Neither of these options clearly explains why they are better than the other, but unless I am sending anything really huge, which is quite unusual, I generally choose the later option.
Fill up the blanks below with the package weight.Select whether or not you would want Signature Confirmation and/or Insurance with your order.Choose a date for when your package will be shipped out from the drop-down menu that follows.Once that is completed, proceed to the top of the page and click on ″Calculate Shipping Cost.″ Once this is done, it will shop around for the best shipping price for your shipment.Click on ″Confirm and Pay″ to proceed and then proceed to print out the shipping label to complete the process.
Step Two: Request a Pickup
- Following the printing of the shipping label and the preparation of your item for mailing, it is time to arrange a pickup so that your postal carrier may come and collect your parcel from your front door.
- Go to the USPS website, hover over ″Mail & Ship,″ and then pick ″Schedule a Pickup″ from the drop-down menu.
- Begin by providing your contact information, which includes your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address, all of which are necessary.
- Then click on ″Check Availability,″ which will validate the address and ensure that it is a location where it can be picked up by the delivery service.
- Click on the dropdown menu under ″My shipment will be…″ in the following section to specify where you want your package to be delivered so that the postal carrier can locate it and pick up the box.
- Next, decide whether you want the postal carrier to pick up your box during his or her usual mail delivery hours, or if you want to select a specific time frame during which you want your parcel picked up, which will cost an additional $20.
- In the next box, select the day on which you would like your shipment to be picked up.
- After that, enter the quantity of parcels you have that need to be picked up, as well as the number next to the appropriate shipping tier in the box provided.
- Further down, put the total amount of the packages, rounded up to the closest pound, in the appropriate field.
After that, tick the box to indicate that you agree to the conditions and then click ″Schedule a Pickup.″ You will receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your form.The process of shipping a package without ever leaving the comfort of your own home is certainly time-consuming, and some people may prefer to simply make a quick trip to the post office and let the postal carriers there handle everything for them, but for people like me who live more than 15 minutes away from the nearest post office, shipping packages from home is a huge convenience.
How to ship a package from home
- Standing in line at the post office is a terrific way to pass the time if you’re looking for something to do with your free time.
- The rest of us require an alternative solution.
- The best-kept secret of online stores and ecommerce entrepreneurs is now available to everyone: shipping a box from the comfort of your own home or wherever you conduct business is now possible.
- Shipping a package from home requires a little more effort than just affixing a stamp to an envelope, but it’s not as difficult as you would imagine.
- All of the main carriers, as well as SendPro® Online, make every effort to make the process as straightforward, cost-effective, and error-free as possible.
Step 1: Gather your supplies and info
- It is already a component of your home office that you have your computer (or mobile device) and an internet connection, which are the two most critical items you will need for sending packages from your house. There are a couple of other items you’ll need to get the job done, as well as a few of things that will make it easier: Printer: In order to produce your shipping labels, you must have access to a printer. Thermal label printers are specifically built for this purpose. However, all you really need is a competent ink jet or laser printer. You don’t have a printer? You can schedule a pickup with the United States Postal Service®, and the driver will provide shipping documentation for you to complete.
- Labels or sheets of paper: Ordinary printer paper, which is easily accessible, works quite well. Half-sheet sticky labels save time while maintaining a professional appearance. Choose whichever you choose
- A ship-from-home arrangement is not complete without a scale of some sort. SendPro® Online and other digital shipping providers include a free postal scale as part of your subscription as a courtesy. Is there no scale? The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers flat rate mailing boxes and cushioned envelops.
- Information on shipping: This contains the obvious information such as the address and telephone number of both the sender and the receiver. It is also important to consider how you want to package your product and how fast you require it to arrive at its destination.
Step 2: Pick a box, almost any box
- You may recycle an old box and fill it with crumpled newspaper, or you can create a packed experience worthy of being featured in an unboxing video on YouTube.
- Whatever method you choose to send from home, remember to adhere to the Goldilocks rule: neither too big nor too little.
- Anything that fits your item(s) perfectly, with enough room for cushioning if necessary, is just fine.
- Reusing a box means making sure it’s in good condition and that any previous shipment markings or codes have been removed.
- Most major carriers offer free boxes and padded envelopes in-store and online, and many of them also offer free shipping.
- Our collaboration with these carriers allows SendPro Online to provide the same packaging as part of our service as a result of our agreement.
- Prepare for Step 3 by noting the package’s dimensions and/or weight (unless you’re shipping from home using Flat Rate*).
- Remember that official Flat Rate shipping labels need that you utilize an official Flat Rate box or envelop in order for them to be valid.
Step 3: Purchase and print your shipping label
- Before you may send a box from your house, you must first select a shipping provider. This may be accomplished by visiting the website of your favorite carrier or by subscribing to an online shipping service such as SendPro online. a major air carrier Each carrier has various advantages, and we are lucky to be able to choose from such a diverse range of options. Take your selection from the USPS®, UPS®, or FedEx®. Some carriers, such as SendPro Online, provide lower prices online and allow you to order and print shipping labels directly from their website. SendPro Online offers greater discounts and more services than carriers offer online, making it a more attractive option. We work with all of the main carriers, which means you can enter your package and shipping information once and see all of the available price and delivery choices immediately. Each step of the process, from purchase to printing, will be guided by the SendPro Online platform.
Step 4: Place your label on the package
- Okay, this stage should go without saying, but there are a few things to keep in mind: Place your label in a prominent location that is simple to see and scan
- Allowing your label to wrap over the edges of the box and not placing it over any of the package’s seams are both bad practices.
- For labels printed on a sheet of paper, trim them to size and adhere them with transparent tape on all four sides (be careful not to tape over any bar codes).
Step 5: Schedule a pickup
In order to mail products from home, the final step is to schedule a pickup appointment. You may accomplish this either through the carrier’s online store or through SendPro Online, depending on your preference. Do you need an excuse to go out of the house? Most major carriers provide package drop-off kiosks and lockers that are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Fact Sheet – Carrier Pickup
- Free package pickup – from the comfort of your own home or place of business. When it’s most convenient for you, we’ll meet. Packages may be sent and returned quickly, easily, and conveniently with usps.com. There will be no more standing in line at the Post Office. The United States Postal Service will pick up your packages for free from your home or workplace at a time and location that is convenient for you. The Carrier Pickup Service is Simple to Use Visit usps.com/pickup to schedule a pickup. And then follow the on-screen instructions. It is completely free, regardless of the quantity of shipments you are sending. When your normal mail is delivered, your package will be picked up by your letter carrier as well. Make arrangements for a next-day pickup or notify us up to three months in advance that your products will be ready
- Always ready to serve you. The Internet is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is open seven days a week. We’re ready to pick up your free box whenever you’re ready
- we’re accessible Monday through Saturday
- and we can even pick up foreign parcels if you’d like. There is a free package pickup service available for packages shipped by domestic mail – including Express Mail, Priority Mail, and returns parcels – as well as foreign mail
- What you should be aware of Prior to your carrier’s arrival, make sure all of your packages are ready to dispatch. Requests must be submitted before 2 a.m. CT on the day you wish to have your shipment picked up for free. The total weight of a shipment cannot exceed 70 pounds. No restriction exists on the amount of parcels that can be picked up at one time. It is necessary to use the proper postage
- When mailpieces weighing more than 13 ounces and bearing no other form of postage are received by the customer, they must be delivered to an employee at the retail counter of a Post Office, Contract Postal Unit, or Approved Shipper site.
- Prepare packages for pick-up by using the Click-N-Ship service. Purchase postage online All shipments scheduled for free pickup must have the necessary postage applied before being picked up by the post office. Go to usps.com/clicknship
- the Post Office will appear on your computer screen. No additional fees are charged since Click-N-Ship brings the Post Workplace to your PC at home or in the office. Printing professional mailing labels and paying for postage are two options.
- Payment Can Be Made Online Using the Click-N-Ship feature on usps.com, you may print postage and pay with any major credit card on the same website. You may calculate and compare mailing costs, as well as purchasing insurance for up to $500 in value.
- Other Resources Available on the Internet Postage should be calculated. Choose the type of service that best suits your mailing requirements. The Postage RateCalculator will ask you for information such as the size, weight, distance traveled, and ZIP Code before calculating the cost of postage. Prior to schedule your free pickup, you must ensure that the parcel has been properly addressed with postage.
- ZIP codes are a type of postal code. You may look up a ZIP Code and other relevant information at You may look up a ZIP Code by city or by address, or you can look up a company’s ZIP Code by entering a partial or complete address to identify the company’s ZIP Code.
Online Shipping & Click-N-Ship
With Click-N-Send, you will automatically earn USPS Loyalty Program credits when you ship your packages to your customers. Read on to find out more
Ship Packages Easily from Home or Office
- Pay for your parcels by purchasing Priority Mail® or Priority Mail Express® postage.
- Print your labels (or use the Label Broker® service at a Post OfficeTM location if you have one).
- Obtain free package pickups online or drop off your packages at a location near you.
- Businesses may save money by using the USPS® Loyalty Program to send their products online.
Create a label and figure out your price.
Create Batch Shipments
Is it necessary to send the same material to several recipients? Using the Batch Order feature, you may print labels for up to 20 parcels at the same time.
Schedule a Pickup
Save time by scheduling a free USPS package pickup from the convenience of your own home or business. 2
Watch How Click-N-Ship Works
- When you use USPS.com, your Post Office is just where you want it to be.
- To begin using the Click-N-Ship® service, you must first sign in to or create a free USPS.com account.
- Steps to enter your package information, pay for postage, and print your mailing label are outlined in the following section.
- Pay, Print, and Ship® is as simple as that!
- Transcript of Video: United States Postal Service Click-N-Ship – How to Create and Print a Shipping Label (TXT 3 KB)
Set Your Shipping Preferences
- Do you have a certain sort of shipment that you mail frequently?
- Want to get tracking updates or notify recipients that a package is on its way to them?
- Your Click-N-Ship Settings tab is where you’ll keep track of all of your shipping preferences, including package and printing options, default return address, and reference numbers.
- Even though the majority of domestic Priority Mail shipments are currently covered by complimentary insurance up to $503, you can buy additional coverage as needed.
- In the event that you want a Return Receipt for evidence of delivery or Signature ConfirmationTM, you can pay for those additional services as well as others when you generate the shipping label.
- See Insurance and Added-Value Services When you design your shipping label online, you can easily include package delivery instructions.
- Alternatively, you can request that the carrier leave a box if there is no answer at the door.
- Alternatively, you can choose Hold for Pickup option, which allows recipients to pick up their packages from their local USPS facility.
- If you send a large number of recurring shipments with the same weight, service, and delivery address, you may save time by not having to enter the same information each time a label is created.
Simply go to your Mailing History and select ″Ship Again,″ and the label will be added to your basket along with the new shipping date for your convenience.1.Mailable items weighing up to 70 lbs are eligible for this service.Return to the previous page 2.To learn more about free package pickup, visit the Schedule a Pickup page.
Return to the previous page 3.In order to be eligible for included insurance, a cargo must fulfill specific standards, such as having an appropriate bar code attached to it.For further information, please see Priority Mail.Certain things are excluded from insurance coverage.
- For further information on claim exclusions, read the Domestic Mail Manual sections 609.4.3 (Non-payable Claims), 609 (Filing Indemnity Claims for Loss or Damage), and 503.4 (Insured Mail) for more specific information.
- Return to the previous page
How to Prepare & Send a Package
- Sending domestic parcels is simple with the United States Postal Service®.
- Preparing your boxes properly will ensure that they arrive on time and will save you money in the long run.
- See Sending Mail for information on how to mail a letter or postcard.
- Learn how to measure packages to ensure that they will fit through automated processing equipment and that you will not be charged any more costs in the future.
- Watch our video on ″How to Measure a Package″ to learn how to determine the dimensions and weight of a package: Transcript of the video (TXT 2 KB)
How to Ship a Package
Step 1: Pick Your Box
- Make sure the box you’re using is large enough to accommodate the items you’re mailing safely. If you keep to normal sizes, you’ll avoid having to pay fees for packages that cannot be machined. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
- TIP: If you’re planning to send something by Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express, the boxes are available in regular sizes, and you can pick them up at your local Post OfficeTM or purchase them online for free. Place an order for shipping supplies. Keep in mind that the pricing is determined by the size and weight: Packages must not weigh more than 70 lbs. in total.
- In most circumstances, packages are not allowed to be longer than 108 inches in total length and circumference combined. 130 inches in length for USPS Retail Ground® service.
- Package Size and Weight Requirements
- Measuring the Girth of the Package
Preparing Your Box
- Pack your box carefully to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Using 2-inch wide packing tape, tape your box together so that it shuts flat on all sides and strengthen the flaps.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
NOTE: Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express both come with complimentary boxes, which you can pick up at your local Post Office or buy from the company’s website. Place an order for shipping supplies.
Step 2: Pack Your Box
- Pack your box to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition.
- Tape your box so that it shuts flat on all sides and does not bulge, and strengthen the flaps with 2-inch wide packing tape to prevent them from opening.
- Cord, thread, and twine should not be used since they can become entangled in equipment.
- TIP: Place a packing slip or a piece of paper with the destination address inside the box to ensure that it is delivered..
Restricted & Prohibited Items
Many commodities, such as fragrances, alcoholic drinks, and dry ice, are subject to shipping limitations or are completely forbidden. If you have any queries regarding what you may and cannot mail through the USPS, you should consult the list of restricted and