When a customer calls 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777), the customer service telephone number for the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS®), they will hear a greeting, then a language choice option (press 2 for Spanish).
Can I talk to a person on the phone at USPS?
Surprisingly, it is actually quite easy to talk to a human on the phone when you call the USPS 1800 number. I recently shipped an item through the United States Postal Service and the package was lost.
How do I contact a live person at USPS?
To contact a live customer service person from USPS on Twitter click: USPS Help Twitter pageand click “Message” to send them your message. To contact a live customer service agent from USPS on Facebook go to this link: USPS Facebook pageand click “Send message” to send your message. Most Recent (February 2020)
How do I contact the US Postal Service Customer Service?
USPS Customer Service Human: 1-800-275-8777 Thanks and keep me informed in the comments if I should add or edit any steps listed above. The info below is old information and will not help you reach a human when calling the US Postal Service.
Change Your Address and Other U.S. Post Office Services
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Post Office.
Change Your Address
Are you relocating or interested in renting a post office box? Learn how to update your mailing address so that you may continue to receive mail, or how to rent a box at your local post office.
How to Change Your Address with the Postal Service
- You have two options for notifying the post office that you are moving and that you want your mail forwarded to your new address: you may call the post office or send an email. To update your mailing address online, go to USPS.com/move. This is the quickest and most straightforward method, and you will receive an email instantly confirming the change
- If you want to alter your address online, there is a $1.10 fee. You’ll need a credit or debit card, as well as a valid email address, to complete this transaction. An identity verification fee of $1.10 will be charged to your card in order to avoid fraud and ensure that you are in fact the one making the change
- It is important to note that you do not have to pay a separate firm to change your address. Scammers may charge as much as $40 or more for services that may be performed for as little as $1.10 by visiting the moving area of the legitimate USPS.com website.
- To obtain the Mover’s Guide package, visit your local post office and place a request. PS Form 3575 is contained within the bundle. Fill out this change of address form and hand it in to a postal worker behind the counter for processing. Alternatively, you can place it in the letter mail slot inside the post office
- you should get a confirmation letter at your new address within five business days
How to Temporarily Change Your Mailing Address or Hold Your Mail at a Post Office
- You can temporarily alter your mailing address by contacting your local post office. Learn about the time constraints that apply to a temporary change of residence.
- Depending on the circumstances, your local post office may be able to hold your mail for a brief amount of time, such as while you are on vacation. This service, on the other hand, is not offered at all post offices. Fill out this online form to determine if your post office would hold mail and to schedule the free service. You must be a USPS member or have a USPS account in order to utilize this service.
- Find out more about the Hold Mail Service.
How to Change or Cancel Your Request
Using your confirmation number, you will be able to cancel or make any adjustments to your request for a change of address. Discover the number on the letter or email you received after submitting your first request. Requests can be seen, updated, or cancelled online.
How to Change Your Address with Other Government Agencies
- Other federal and state entities that you should inform if your address has changed include: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – If you are anticipating a tax refund or other mail, contact the IRS to update your mailing address. In addition, you may update your mailing address with the Internal Revenue Service by providing your new address in the proper places on your tax return when you file it.
- Online address changes are available through the Social Security Administration (SSA) through your my Social Security account. If you receive Social Security retirement, survivorship, or disability payments, you are subject to this requirement. Alternatively, if you’re a Medicare beneficiary, you may update your address using your my Social Security account. If you do not get Social Security or Medicare benefits, or if you wish to alter your address, you should contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) by phone or in person.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) – If you are a veteran receiving benefit payments or if you need to update your records, you should contact the VA directly.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) — If you are a non-citizen of the United States who is obliged to register your address, contact USCIS within 10 days of your transfer.
- State Motor Vehicle Agencies – You may need to contact your state’s motor vehicle agency in order to update your driver’s license or motor vehicle registration
- State Election Offices – You may need to contact your state’s election office in order to update your voter registration record
- Federal Election Commission – You may need to contact the Federal Election Commission in order to update your voter registration record. Look at the instructions on how to update your voter registration information.
How to Rent or Renew a Post Office Box
Learn how to book or renew a post office box online, as well as how to make a payment.
How to File a Complaint About a Post Office
Find out how to register a complaint with the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Forward or Hold Your Mail
Whether you’re relocating temporarily or leaving town, we can help. Alternatively, the United States Postal Service (USPS) can forward your mail to a new address or keep it at your local post office for a short period of time if you request it.
Forward Your Mail
- If your relocation is just temporary, the United States Postal Service (USPS) can forward your mail from your old address to your new one for up to one year. Fill out an official United States Postal Service change of address form to get started. This includes questions concerning the sort of transfer, the start and end dates for mail forwarding, and other pertinent information.
- You may also find out about additional mail forwarding choices, such as the premium forwarding service.
Hold Your Mail
If you’ll be away for three to thirty days, the United States Postal Service (USPS) can hold your mail at the local post office until you return.Most of the time, you may request this service up to 30 days in advance, and you can even request it the day before you want the hold to begin.Creating or logging into your USPS account is the first step.Whether hold mail service is offered for your address, you can check to see if it is available and then select the days for which you want to request hold mail.Please keep in mind that the USPS has implemented an additional one-time-only security safeguard for online hold mail requests.
- You’ll be required to authenticate your identity online by entering a passcode from your mobile phone.
- Another option is to request a passcode for identity verification to be mailed to you at your address.
- The hold on your mail can still be placed if you are unable to finish the identity verification process online.
- You can do this by visiting your local post office.
Sign up for the United States Postal Service’s mail forwarding service if you want your mail kept for more than 30 days.
Learn how to update your address with the United States Postal Service (USPS) if you are making a permanent relocation.
File a Complaint with the U.S. Postal Service
- What do you think of the United States Postal Service (USPS)? Do you have a complaint, compliment, or recommendation for them? Perhaps you’re seeking for more information about the United States Postal Service’s services. There are numerous methods to inform them of your intentions: Use the Email Us form on the United States Postal Service’s website. Choose the sort of inquiry that corresponds the most closely to the complaint or question that you are trying to resolve. You may also register a claim or request a refund for shipping expenses through the website.
- Talk to the station manager (postmaster) at a local post office
- contact the postal consumer and industry affairs office that handles questions for your district at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or 1-800-877-8339
- or write to the postal consumer and industry affairs office that handles questions for your district. Find your local district consumer office
- send an email or write to the U.S. Postal Service’s Consumer Advocate office at the following address:
Postal Service of the United States 20475 L’Enfant Plaza, SWWashington, DC 20260-0004Office of the Consumer Advocate475 L’Enfant Plaza, SWWashington, DC 20260-0004
Theft, Fraud, or Waste by the USPS or a USPS Employee
- Complaints can be sent to the USPS Office of the Inspector General (OIG) in a number of ways, including: submitting an online complaint
- calling 1-888-USPS-OIG (1-888-877-7644)
- or writing to the USPS Office of the Inspector General (OIG).
- Obtaining further information on how to contact the OIG
Mail Fraud or Theft by a Person or Company
- The United States Postal Inspection Service (USPS) is a federal law enforcement organization that is responsible for protecting the postal system. To file a complaint, contact them at: Mail fraud – Submit a complaint about mail fraud on the internet.
- How to report mail theft online – Learn how to register a mail theft complaint online.
Comment or Complain About a Policy Change
When a substantial policy change, such as postage rates, is implemented, the Postal Regulatory Commission should be contacted with your comments or complaints (PRC). You can do so by filling out their online contact form on their website.
Find ZIP Codes and Post Offices
With the help of the United States Postal Service’s web resources, you may look for ZIP Codes and post office locations, as well as track a parcel (USPS).
Use the ZIP Code lookup tool to find a ZIP Code by entering an address, a city, a company name, or a portion of an address. In addition, you may search for all city/town names inside a ZIP Code.
When searching for a ZIP Code, enter the address, city, firm name, or portion of the address into the ZIP Code lookup tool. A ZIP Code may also be used to search for all of the city and town names that are contained inside it.
Banking at the Post Office
Locations for banking that are convenient for you Did you know that you may do critical Barclays financial transactions at your local Post Office?
How does it work?
Most of your day-to-day banking may be completed at a Post Office if you have an account with us, whether it is for personal or commercial use.
Withdraw or pay in cash, and check your balance
- You will be asked to insert your card into the card reader and enter your PIN in order for the staff at the counter to verify your account information. Payments into your account are made using your Barclays debit card and PIN, which you may access through personal banking. In the event that you already have a savings account with us, you can deposit money using a savings deposit card.
- Business banking – you can deposit money into your account using your Barclays debit card and PIN, or you can use a deposit card to put money into your account.
The cash you pay in using your debit or deposit card will be accessible the next working day, and you’ll receive a detailed receipt for each transaction. In addition, many Post Offices are equipped with cash machines, allowing you to withdraw money and check your account balance at any time you like. If there are any fees, they will be displayed on the screen.
Don’t have a card and PIN?
In the event that you don’t have a debit card or PIN for your account, we can nevertheless make arrangements for you to withdraw up to £100 each day from particular Post Offices in your area. For additional information, please contact us on 0800 169 30911 or visit one of our branches.
Paying in cheques
You’ll need a pre-printed paying-in slip as well as a cheque deposit envelope if you’re paying in checks.Fill in all of the necessary information and pass it over to the Post Office employees.Cheques placed in this manner arrive in your account two days after they are deposited.Paying-in slips can be found at the back of your check book, pre-printed and ready to use.You may place an order for more envelopes as well as cheque deposit envelopes by calling us on 0800 169 30911 or visiting us at one of our branches.
Find your nearest Post Office
Use the Post Office branch locator to locate the one that is most convenient for you.
UPDATE: Soccer star’s parents speak out, Stanford disciplinary.
Written by Brendan Cartwright, Daily Post staff writer On Saturday, March 5, the following will take place: Parents of Katie Meyer, the star Stanford soccer player whose death shocked and dismayed her fellow students and the sports world, expressed their frustration and disbelief yesterday (March 4) by saying they are still trying to figure out what happened to their daughter and why she committed suicide in a dorm room on Tuesday, months before she was scheduled to graduate.On the ″Today″ show, Steve and Gina Meyer broke down in tears, explaining that the only indication they had is an email Katie got informing her that she was in trouble.In his statement, Steve Meyer noted that Katie ″was being Katie″ when she defended a teammate on campus over an incident, and that the implications of her protecting that teammate (might result in disciplinary action) were ″possible.″ Katie had been receiving messages about ″a trial″ for several months, and the newest email represented the university’s final judgment, according to Gina Meyer.Steve and Gina both stated that they had not received the email and declined to further on the scenario with Katie’s colleague.As Gina Meyer explained, ″it is the only thing we can think of that may have triggered something.″ Katie, according to Steve and Gina, had a phone conversation with them only hours before she died.
- Gina Meyer noted that even though she had a lot on her plate, she remained cheerful and in good spirits.
- Katie was ″her normal cheery self,″ Steve Meyer said.
- Stanford Women’s Soccer captain and goalie Katie, a 22-year-old senior studying in International Relations, was a member of the Cardinal’s first team.
- Gina described how she was under a great deal of strain between school and athletics.
- In order to be flawless, to be the greatest, to be No.
- 1, Gina Meyer described her feelings of worry and tension as follows.
- Gina and Steve Meyer have stated that they are speaking out in order to prevent other parents from experiencing the same tragedy.
- According to Gina, the previous couple of days have been ″a parent’s worst nightmare.″ ″And you don’t come to while you’re asleep, so it’s just horrifying.″ One of Katie’s most recent social media postings included a sweater that Gina Meyer was wearing at the time.
- I’m drawn to it because it smells like Katie…
and I want to be near to her,″ Gina Meyer explained.On Friday, March 4, the following events will take place: Katie Meyer, the standout Stanford soccer player whose death sent shockwaves through the school community, died by suicide, according to the Santa Clara County medical examiner-office coroner’s yesterday (March 3).Meyer, a 22-year-old goalkeeper for the Stanford Women’s Soccer team, was named captain in 2017.
On Tuesday, she was discovered in the dorm room where she worked as a resident assistant, and the institution was able to identify her on Wednesday.Meyer’s death, according to the coroner’s office, was caused by his own actions, and there was no evidence of foul play.There were no other details provided.Meyer, a senior majoring in International Relations, is at least the third Stanford student to commit suicide in the previous 13 months, according to the university.Rose Wong, a 25-year-old medical student, died in her hostel on February 2, 2021.
Jacob Meisel, a 23-year-old undergraduate from Palo Alto, was killed by a train on August 2.And on January 20, law student Dylan Simmons, 27, was discovered dead in his dorm room.Although the exact reason of Simmons’ death has not been revealed, On Wednesday, hundreds of kids gathered on the soccer field to pay their respects to Meyer.As a leader, she was recognized as assertive and dynamic, and as a champion of women’s sporting events.
Wednesday, March 2: Katie Meyer, a goalie and team captain for the Stanford Women’s Soccer team, died in her dorm the previous day (March 1), according to university officials.She was 22 years old at the time.The circumstances surrounding her death, as well as the reason, were not disclosed by the institution.Ms.Meyer, a senior studying in International Relations, was ″extraordinarily engaged to everything and everyone in her life,″ according to Susie Brubaker-Cole, vice provost for student affairs at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- ″Her friends describe her as a larger-than-life team player in all of her endeavors,″ Brubaker-Cole wrote in his article.
- ″Katie was a brilliant shining light for so many people on and off the field, as well as in our community.
- Stanford won its third NCAA women’s soccer title in a row when Meyer made two crucial stops in a penalty shootout against North Carolina.
- Her heroic saves, as well as her ecstatic post-game celebration, were shown on ESPN’s ″SportsCenter″ that night.
Meyer attended Newbury Park High School, where she was a member of the soccer squad and scored field goals for the football team.Melissa Meyer is survived by her parents, Steven and Gina Meyer, as well as by her two younger sisters, Samantha and Siena.Meyer worked as a resident assistant in her residence hall.Brubaker-Cole stated that the institution provides counseling services in her resident hall as well as to student athletes.Details regarding how the community may come together to memorialize her will be revealed at a later date.The first of March is a Tuesday.
- An undergraduate student from Stanford Institution was discovered deceased in an on-campus home, the university stated today (March 1).
- Susie Brubaker-Cole, the vice president of student affairs, sent out a message in which she did not disclose the identity of the student or the circumstances of his or her death.
- According to police, there is no ongoing danger.
- According to Brubaker-Cole, the institution is reaching out to the student’s friends and family in order to provide them assistance.
″This is an enormous tragedy, and we are all devastated about it,″ Brubaker-Cole added.As new information becomes available, we will notify you as soon as it becomes available.There is assistance available.Those in distress should contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255, which is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
aka.ms/online (How do I get help with Office 365 Home)
Answer aka.ms/online is a legal Alias that Microsoft employs to cause confusion among its users.Yes, Microsoft’s service for 365 Home members is appalling.The availability of 365 Home assistance is limited and difficult to obtain.When you click on that link, you are sent to the ″Virtual Agent″ ″A.I.″ (Artificial Idiot) help, which is completely ineffective for anything except the most simple issues.However, if you keep asking for a ″live person,″ eventually you will be directed to someone.
- Yes, ″genuine″ Microsoft support will occasionally attempt to con you into paying for ″extra″ assistance, but you will not be required to do so with 365.
- As computer scientists, we are taught to interact with the most incomprehensible objects on the planet — computers – therefore you would expect us to be able to communicate effectively with other people as well.
- Doug Fisher is a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- There were 5 persons who considered this reply to be helpful.
- Was this response of assistance?
- Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance.
- Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?Thank you for your feedback; it allows us to make improvements to the site.What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.Answer I’m assuming that all I have to do is keep entering ″need live agent″ into the dialogue box until a representative appears.Do you have any quick routes you can recommend?That is the most helpful piece of advise I have received about getting past the manufactured idiot.Persistence.
That appears to be essential when working with Microsoft Support on any issue that is more complicated than the simplest.If you believe your problem is more serious than a minor inconvenience (which many are), begin the dialogue by requesting a trouble ticket number.They are intended to make one for each contact, but if you don’t know the number, you won’t be able to use it because you won’t have the number.If (when) they (inevitably) ″accidentally″ hang up on you, you will be able to refer them to the ticket number when you call them again.
That should give you a leg up on the return call, allowing you to skip the ″normal checklist″ of questions that are no longer relevant.If the front-line employee does not appear to have a relevant recommendation, request to speak with a supervisor.Ask for a precise day and time window, such as 9 a.m.-10 a.m., if they indicate they would call you back.I’m sure they do call back, but it’s a typical issue around here that they don’t call back.If they don’t call when they say they would, you phone them and become irritated!
- I personally prefer to use the online chat contact when dealing with issues that are not trivial.
- You continue to converse with the same group of individuals, but a timestamped transcript of the conversation is generated.
- When you are passed off and they ask you the same questions again and over, you may propose that they simply read the transcript (which I assumed they would do, but apparently they didn’t) or that they just copy and paste your previous response.
- There are further benefits.
Remember to create a copy of the discussion before you close the window…In the worst case scenario, you may post the transcript on your blog to express your (dis)″satisfaction″ with Microsoft assistance.That’s something I’ve seen a few of times…Wishing you the best of luck; hopefully, you will not require it.*****.As computer scientists, we are taught to interact with the most incomprehensible objects on the planet — computers – therefore you would expect us to be able to communicate effectively with other people as well.
- Doug Fisher is a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- The following response was useful to 8 people: Was this response of assistance?
- Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance.
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?Thank you for your feedback; it allows us to make improvements to the site.What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Find the most convenient method to contact and interact with the United States Postal Service®.Right from your computer, you may complete a brief form or receive recommendations on how to resolve some of the most prevalent problems.If you still want assistance, please read the contact information provided below for technical support, postal store orders, and other services.Fill out our online form to provide us with some information about your problem.Please supply as much information as you are able.
- Find the nearest USPS location by entering the city and state or ZIP CodeTM in the search box.
- Learn about the company’s contact information, hours of operation, and more.
- Federal holidays are observed by the closure of postal facilities.
- See a complete list of all upcoming USPS holidays and events by clicking here.
- Connect with one of our customer service specialists to assist you in resolving your issue and getting back on the road to recovery.
- USPS® Customer Service can be reached by email or by phone at 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777) Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
- 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m.
- Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.
to 6 p.m.Eastern Time Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) – TTY are provided by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).Accessibility for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or have speech difficulties can communicate with the United States Postal Service through the FCC’s TRS program, which is as follows: TTY calls can be placed by calling 7-1-1 or the number for your state’s telecommunications relay service (TRS).
- Visit the FCC’s TRS by State and Territory website for further information.
- To get started, find your state or territory in the alphabetical table.
- Locate the section titled ″TRS Telephone Numbers″ to obtain the precise number you want.
- More information, as well as a complete list of services, may be found at FCC Telecommunications Relay Services. Whenever a website application or form fails to function properly, the Technical Support staff may assist with the problem. You can reach us by phone if you are having difficulties with any of the following: Click-N-Ship®, File a Claim, PO Boxes, The Postal Store®, and USPS accounts are all available.
1-800-344-7779 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.8 a.m.to 8:30 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.
- Eastern Time Support for Informed Delivery If you require assistance with your Informed Delivery service, please contact Informed Delivery User Support through email.
- Use any search box on USPS.com to look up the most current status of your packages.
- Enter your tracking number in any search box on USPS.com to look up your packages.
- It is important to note that the tracking information provided to customer support professionals is the same information that can be found on USPS Tracking®.
- In the event that you have another issue with your package and would want to talk with a representative, please contact us.
- 1-800-222-1811 Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
- 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m.
- Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.
to 6 p.m.Eastern Time See the following sites if you need assistance with stamps or other US Postal Service items : 1-844-737-7826 If you have any queries concerning stamps or orders done via The Postal Store®, please call them.Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.
8 a.m.to 8 p.m.Eastern Time Saturday, 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time Sundays and federal holidays are off-limits.
1-800-610-8734 For free shipping boxes, envelopes, and postal forms, or to report a problem with your shipping supplies order, give us a call.Time of day that the business is open The working week is Monday through Friday.7 a.m.to 11 p.m.
Eastern Time Saturday 7 a.m.to 6 p.m.Eastern Time
How to Talk to a Live Person in USPS Customer Service
- to order stamps or check order status, type ″Stamps″
- for redelivery, change of address, hours or locations, hold mail, pricing, or zip code, type ″Mail″
- for mail delivery issues, type ″Carrier″
- for everything else, type ″Other.″ – In the ″Other″ section, you’ll find the following options: Passports or press 1, Supplies 2, Technical help 3, Fraud 4, and Business 5.
Alternative method to contact USPS customer support service
Contact USPS via e-mail
- You can contact the United States Postal Service by e-mail by completing the following USPS e-mail form. The following alternatives are available for e-mail customer service: What happened to my package?
- What happened to my mail?
- Questions about USPS.com
- Questions about yourself
- problems with the postal service
- enquiries about your business
Technical support for USPS.com website and applications
- If you are experiencing difficulties with the USPS.com website or applications, you can contact USPS technical assistance at the following phone number: 1-800-344-7779. This offers assistance with: Click-N-Ship
- File a Claim
- PO Boxes
- Postal Store
- USPS Accounts
- and other services.
The hours of operation for USPS technical assistance are as follows: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. EST, and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
USPS Tracking phone number
- The tracking phone number for the United States Postal Service is 1-800-222-1811. This number could be used for both domestic and international USPS tracking purposes, depending on the situation. The following options are available by calling the USPS tracking phone number 1-800-222-1811 : Tracking is indicated by the word ″Tracking,″ redelivery is indicated by the word ″Redelivery,″ and case lookup is indicated by the word ″Case.″
USPS Free Shipping Supplies
To get in touch with the United States Postal Service for free shipping materials, call 1-800-610-8734.This number may be used to place an order for free shipping boxes, envelopes, and postal forms, as well as to report a problem with your shipping supply purchase.Customers may reach USPS free shipping supplies customer service by phone from 7 a.m.to 11 p.m.EST, Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- EST, on Saturday and Sunday.
USPS Stamps and Postal Store Orders
To get in touch with the United States Postal Service for stamps and postal shop orders, call 1-800-782-6724. (1-800-Stamp24). Customers may reach Stamps and Postal Store Orders customer service representatives by phone from 8 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Saturday.
USPS FAQs are accessible at USPS.com. You can also submit an email using the USPS tracking form.
Reach Real Person in Usps by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
When contacting customer care, make sure you’ve tried a variety of different methods.If a live customer support professional is not accessible over the phone, live chat can be used as a substitute.Direct messaging the United States Postal Service’s Facebook or Twitter accounts on a regular basis may result in a speedy response from a customer service professional.Whether you want to make a complaint or provide favorable feedback, you may do so by commenting on an Instagram or YouTube post, and in many situations, the business will reply to your comment or complaint.All of the United States Postal Service customer service phone numbers and email addresses are listed here for your convenience.
What to do if Usps Contact Number Is Not Working?
Changing customer service menu selections over time is normal practice in the industry.It is possible that customer support options and even contact numbers will be withdrawn and re-instated.If you have any difficulties contacting a real person at USPS customer care using the methods above, please let us know in the comments area below and we will make adjustments to the tutorial as necessary.We are continually checking the customer service contact numbers, e-mail addresses, and live chat sessions to ensure that the directions on How to Talk to a Live Person in USPS Customer Service are as accurate as possible.If you were successful in reaching a live customer care person at the United States Postal Service, please post your instructions in the comments area below so that everyone may benefit from them.
- on the 26th of January, 2022 in Courier
US Postal Service Phone Number
Waiting time is now 25 minutes (20m avg) EST hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-8:30pm, and Saturday, 8am-6pm; the ideal time to call is at 8:05 a.m.Get advice that is tailored to your needs: Inform us of the problem so that we can route you to the appropriate representative, provide necessary recommendations, reminders, and follow-up!Get in touch with a real person as soon as possible: For the purpose of monitoring a package or conversing with a live person about tracking a package.In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.
- Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Looking into why my parcel, which I’m returning, has become stopped in the mail system.There is just one bundle.It is just necessary for me to know whether I can postpone a delivery and indicate in the notes that it will not take as long.Delivery of the package has been made to the incorrect address.I require more assistance in tracking my item.
- My **-year-old uncle is having difficulty walking (because his legs are aching) and is unable to walk.
- Shipping hazardous materials may be a dangerous endeavor.
- I’m having trouble finding a package, and I need assistance.
- Problems with package delivery Package sent to the incorrect address…
- and returned to sender…
- Please tell me how I can acquire it before it’s sen.
- Package was never delivered and was returned to sender due to inadequate address.
- The mail, which according to the tracking number was delivered on March **, was not, according to the recipient.
- I require assistance in locating my parcels that have my name on them.
In order for me to be able to pick them up at a USPS facility.I have a shipment that I need to intercept.The item that was shipped with * dat delivery has not arrived * days after it was sent.
The delivery did not arrive as expected.See some of the most recent reasons people have called.Please assist me with my problem.
Our Editor’s Notes on US Postal Service’s Phone-Based Customer Care
In the United States, the United States Postal Service, usually known as the USPS, is a government organization that is in charge of mail and package delivery throughout the country. As you might imagine from a company with this much responsibility, a high volume of customer support calls is received.
Why Do People Call the US Postal Service for Customer Support?
- People contact the United States Postal Service for a variety of reasons, including: questions about postal rates
- questions about delivery status
- and questions about delivery status.
- If you have any questions concerning mailing limitations on certain products or parcels with significant dimensions, please contact us.
- Questions concerning problems with postal delivery
- Making a formal complaint regarding postal service
- Inquiring about the anticipated delivery time frame
- Requesting that an inquiry be conducted into the disappearance of a parcel or letter
- Making a claim with an insurance company
- If you have any questions concerning post office services such as money orders or passport applications, please contact us.
- Support for web-based services in terms of technology
- Customs-related questions and concerns
- Questions regarding the accounting of a firm
- Placing an order for postage stamps, postal supplies, and packing materials
Best Practices for Calling the US Postal Service
The United States Postal Service maintains a number of different phone lines for customer service concerns, including distinct lines for buying supplies, seeking technical help, general customer care, mail tracking, and TTY calls for the deaf and hard of hearing, among other things.Callers will be routed to an automated voice menu when they make a phone call to the company.In order to speak with an agent, keep pressing the number zero or responding with the word ″agent″ in answer to an inquiry.Note: If you suspect that your problem is largely with your local post office, you can check out the office’s phone number on the USPS.com website and call the office directly to discuss your concerns.The use of this strategy can be particularly beneficial if you are aware that the location contains a piece of mail that you are attempting to retrieve.
How do Callers Feel About Their Interactions with USPS Customer Service?
It appears that customers of the United States Postal Care have a diverse range of opinions on the quality of phone-based customer service that they have received. Many customers have complained that wait times can be quite long and that customer care professionals do not always have access to the kinds of information that can assist them in getting a resolution to their concerns resolved.
What Issues can the US Postal Service Customer Support Resolve by Phone?
- Many customer service concerns can be resolved or assisted by phone with the US Postal Service, including: tracking parcels or asking an investigation into a missing package
- seeking an investigation into a missing package
- and requesting an investigation into a missing package.
- Assisting with the suspension of service at a certain place
- Make a formal complaint about poor service from a mail carrier or a courier service.
What Can’t Be Resolved by Phone With the US Postal Service?
It is not always possible to address concerns with the post office over the telephone. It is common for these concerns to entail the purchase of postal items, such as money orders, that must be paid for in person. Occasionally, postal customers may have delivery difficulties that necessitate the personal pickup of their packages at their local post office.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With My Call to the US Postal Service?
If you come to the end of your phone discussion with the United States Postal Service’s phone-based customer assistance and feel as though you haven’t done anything, don’t be concerned.Getting your concerns addressed and difficulties fixed is still a possibility for you if you choose to pursue it.First, go through the notes you took during the phone conversation.Write down what you recall about your phone call if you did not take notes during it.When you get back in touch with USPS customer care, having this information in front of you may be quite beneficial in keeping your conversation on topic.
- Second, return the phone call to USPS.
- It’s possible that the next individual you talk with has more experience or has received greater training than the representative who answered your first phone contact.
- If your second phone conversation does not go as planned, you might try contacting USPS using the email options on their website.
- Although it may take some time to obtain a response, users have reported that they typically do receive a response from a customer support professional at some point.
- Another alternative is to communicate with the post office through its social media channels.
- Another alternative is to go to a nearby post office and chat with someone who works there instead.
- Some difficulties may need a face-to-face encounter with an employee before they can be handled completely.
- As a reminder, while the Postal Service does have an Inspector General, you should only contact this office if you believe that there has been a severe breach of Postal Service policy or regulations controlling the delivery of mail.
- These concerns might include the theft of mail by a postal employee or the misbehavior of a postal employee, among other things.
Customer Number 800-275-8777 – by the Numbers
800-275-8777 is the phone number to call.There is a call-back service available.YES, your call will be answered by a real person.YES, the department you’re phoning is correct.Customer Service is important to us.
- Hours of operation for the call center Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.
- to 8:30 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- EST The best time to call is 8:05 a.m.
- Find your way through the phone maze to a person.
- For the purpose of monitoring a package or conversing with a live person about tracking a package.
- In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.
- If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.
- Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.
Waiting time is average.Currently, there is a wait twenty-fifth position (among phone numbers) Methods with a higher rank (in general)1Alternate methods Phone, Facebook, email, online, and Twitter are all options.Quality of communication (52 percent) Quality of assistance (52 percent) 55 percent of the population 46,236 votes from customers The most recent update was made on Saturday, March 19, 2022, at 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
US Postal Service’s Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is the best phone number for the United States Postal Service, as well as the current wait time on hold in real time, as well as methods for jumping straight through those phone lines to speak with a US Postal Service representative.This phone number has been designated as the Best Phone Number for the United States Postal Service because 379,728 consumers, like you, have used this contact information during the previous 18 months and provided feedback.Customer service difficulties such as tracking a package, locating a missing package, experiencing a delivery difficulty, changing an address, requesting a refund, and other customer service issues are frequently addressed by the customer care team that handles calls at 800-275-8777.According to consumers, the US Postal Service contact center that you call into has staff from Michigan and California and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.to 8:30 p.m.
- and Saturday from 8 a.m.
- to 6 p.m.
- The United States Postal Service has a total of six phone numbers.
- Due to the fact that it is not always apparent how to communicate with US Postal Service staff, we began accumulating this information based on ideas from the consumer community.
- Please continue to share your thoughts and experiences so that we can continue to enhance this free service.
Contacting US Postal Service – by phone or otherwise
While the best toll-free number to reach the US Postal Service is 800-275-8777, there are a total of 11 ways to get in touch with them.Based on feedback from previous US Postal Service customers, dialing their 800-610-8734 phone number for their Non-Postal Individuals department is the second most effective method of getting in touch with their customer care service.Customers seeking assistance by phone are encouraged to call 800-610-8734 for Non-Postal Individuals, which is the second most popular option.If you believe this information is incorrect or if you are aware of another method of contacting the United States Postal Service, please let us know so that we can pass this information on to other consumers.And if you want to compare all of the contact information we’ve gathered for the United States Postal Service, you can do so by clicking here.
What is GetHuman’s Relationship to US Postal Service?
In a nutshell, the two businesses are not affiliated.GetHuman creates free tools that distributes information among clients of businesses such as the United States Postal Service.The GetHuman Phone, which allows you to contact a firm without having to wait on the phone while listening to their call technology music, is an example of such a product for major corporations.It is our hope that these shortcuts and applications can assist consumers like you (and ourselves!) in navigating the cluttered phone menus, long hold times, and uncertainty that often accompany customer service, particularly with larger organizations.And as long as you continue to spread the word about it among your friends and family, we will continue to do so.
US Postal Service Contact Info
GetHuman researchers received the following information from the millions of consumers that use GetHuman: Contact information for the United States Postal Service Phone Number for the United States Postal Service BESTUS Postal Service is a mail delivery service in the United States.Email Support is available.The United States Postal Service Help Desk is a service that provides assistance to customers.The United States Postal Service is on Twitter.The United States Postal Service is on Facebook and Messenger.
- Information about the consumer in general
More Company Phone Numbers
Paying Too Much for TV?
In our ten years of experience assisting customers, we’ve learned that you require an objective, live person with whom you can speak about comparing the many TV, cable, Internet, and phone plans available in your area—someone who can compare the best offers available among telecom providers.As a result, we established a complimentary concierge service, which you may access by dialing the phone number shown below.Please contact us at 888-379-2546 toll-free.Because our service is independent, we can compare plans from a wide range of suppliers.
Dialing Up Customer Service at USPS
Customer service is critical for every company’s survival.The brand’s image is improved, customers remain loyal, and valuable insights about the customer experience are gained as a result.When a big firm had customer care operations, hundreds of service agents would be assigned to answer inquiries ranging from routine issues to more complicated ones.As a result of technological advancements, automated systems can now handle typical customer service enquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week without the need for an employee.An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system is used by the United States Postal Service to answer calls to its 1-800-ASK-USPS customer service line.
- The system automatically answers calls and handles routine issues such as package tracking, finding post office locations and hours, and submitting hold mail requests.
- Customers will be able to find answers for some difficulties without being placed on hold or sent to agents for more sophisticated situations.
- In Fiscal Year 2020, the Postal Service’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will handle 90 million calls!
- This white paper, 1-800-ASK-USPS: The Postal Service’s Interactive Voice Response System, investigates the performance of the Postal Service’s IVR system in dealing with customer enquiries and provides recommendations for improvement.
- The containment rate (the percentage of calls that are not passed to agents) and customer satisfaction (the percentage of calls that are not sent to agents) were both shown to have improved over time.
- Despite this, there is still potential for development.
- In a poll of IVR users who stayed on the line at the conclusion of the call to complete the survey, a quarter expressed extreme dissatisfaction with their IVR experience, which may be worth further investigation.
- Additionally, we discovered that the Postal Service was counting all calls that were not passed to an agent as contained.
- When someone calls and then hangs up in frustration before obtaining the information they were looking for, the call will still be considered resolved by the IVR system, according to the example above.
We advised that the Postal Service trace abandoned calls and track confined calls with more accuracy in the future.Customer irritation points with the IVR system might be identified more precisely as a result of this.Have you contacted 1-800-ASK-USPS in the last several months?
What was your takeaway from the experience?
When you contact us about a mail service problem, your query is logged at the Commission and may be referred to the United States Postal Service for further investigation and resolution.The Postal Service will next investigate your complaint and respond to you immediately with their findings within 45 days of receiving your complaint.The Commission will be provided with a copy of the Postal Service’s answer so that we can ensure that the matter was properly addressed.
SEEKING HELP FOR A LOCAL POSTAL PROBLEM
APPEALING A POST OFFICE CLOSURE
Postal consumers may file an appeal against the closure of their post office or the merging of their post office with another post office by requesting the Commission to examine the Postal Service’s decision.Appeals may only be filed after the Postal Service has made a final determination on the matter.Notably, it is not the Commission’s responsibility to determine whether a facility will be closed or combined.The objective of the Commission is to assess whether the Postal Service’s closure or consolidation is in accordance with legislative requirements and if the Postal Service has followed all appropriate processes in the process.In order to help the Commission in its evaluation of an appeal, customers of an impacted post office may submit a written statement indicating why they feel the Postal Service has failed to comply with the law or has failed to follow correct processes.
- According to the statute, appeals must be filed within 30 days of the Postal Service notifying the affected community of its final conclusion.
- The appeal must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the Postal Service has notified the Commission of its decision if it is forwarded to the Commission through the postal service.
- In addition, all additional appeals, including those made through the Commission’s Online Filing System, must be received by the Commission within 30 days following the Postal Service’s notification of its decision.
- The procedure for filing an appeal against a Post Office closure may be found here.
FILING A COMPLAINT
A complaint proceeding is a complicated legal procedure that is normally handled with the help of an attorney.It accepts complaints including accusations that the Postal Service is not complying with applicable laws or regulations.Detailed information on the Commission’s complaint authority may be found here.A person must follow a set of particular comprehensive regulations and processes before submitting a complaint, which material must be included in a complaint, and how the complaint should be filed and contested before the Commission.
LOCATING A PUBLIC REPRESENTATIVE
To represent the interests of the general public in each case it initiates, the Office of the General Counsel designates a staff member who acts independently of the Commission and represents the interests of that case’s parties.This individual is referred to as the Public Representative (PR).the general public as a whole, and, in particular, those groups or parts of the community that do not have or cannot reasonably get representation, are represented by the PR The PR is able to give weight to a variety of perspectives, some of which are discordant with one another, and can contribute to the Commission’s record by providing information regarding the impact of a specific decision on the broader public.To get a list of all PRs that have been assigned to current cases, please see the section below.
How Do I Talk to a REAL Person at USPS 2020? 800-275-8777
Calling 1-800-ASK-USPS might be difficult, but following these steps will help you speak with a live person when you dial the number (1-800-275-8777).There are a variety of methods that have been proven to be effective in getting a live person on the phone.While many of these may no longer function, you may always give it a shot.I attempt to stay on top of the most recent methods for getting beyond the automated nonsense.Let us know in the comments how you discovered this post and figured out the most recent strategy to accomplish your goal.
- I’ll notice your remark and accept it, and I’ll update this page with the steps you took to make it work for you.
- We are a group of folks that are fighting the horrible USPS phone system and want to assist others!
Before Calling, Try USPS Social Network Support
Due to the fact that they always make it more difficult to reach a live person on the phone, you might want to try contacting them on social media.To communicate with a live customer support representative from the United States Postal Service on Twitter, go to the USPS Help Twitter website and select ″Message″ to send them your message.To speak with a live customer support representative from the United States Postal Service on Facebook, use this link: To send your message, go to the USPS Facebook page and select ″Send message.″
Most Recent (February 2020)
Get the quickest response from a real person while monitoring a shipment or conversing with a human about tracking a package.In order to purchase stamps, press 2 or speak ″Stamps,″ followed by the word ″Representative.″ Listen carefully and patiently for it to speak.If you enter anything before here, it will have no effect on anything.Tracking a parcel may be accomplished by pressing 1 or saying ″Tracking.″ If you say ″Representative,″ you will be sent to a representative.Surprisingly, getting through to a live person on the other end of the phone when you contact the USPS 1800 number is very simple.
- I recently mailed a parcel through the United States Postal Service, and the package got misplaced in the process.
- However, I was in possession of the tracking information, which was not functioning.
- Trying to cut a long tale short, I was unable to reach a live person on the phone who could assist me with my predicament.
- It seemed like I was hearing repeated automated messages, which were not very helpful at all.
- After that, I decided to try a couple other approaches to obtain a live person on the phone because I had already wasted an hour with the automated system.
- Please have a look at the comments section at the bottom of this page to see what other people have attempted.
- It would be much appreciated if you could offer a technique that is currently functioning in the comments so that I may investigate and update this page!
Older Update on 11/22/2017
Getting a USPS human now seems to be a bit easier than past methods.
Here’s what I did today and tested it a few times, and it worked, despite the fact that it informed me all agents were busy at the time.
- Make a phone call to the number
- Please enter and confirm your zip code.
- Say no to the prompt about privacy policies.
- Wait a few seconds until the voice begins to provide possibilities
- then choose one.
- Say the word ″carrier″
That’s all there is to it!You will almost certainly have to wait on hold for a long period of time or request a callback, but for the time being, this appears to be the best option.For the record, I do not work for the United States Postal Service, and I cannot do anything to help you if the mail service puts you on wait for an unreasonable period of time or does not return your call.I’m only attempting to provide you with alternatives to the awful automated phone system they have in place so that you may speak with a live human.
FYI, the info below does not seem to be working anymore. But I keep it here as archived information.
Thank you to everyone who has come to our website in an attempt to speak with a live person at the United States Postal Service.Today, I tried some of my other ways, which are stated farther down on this page, and they didn’t appear to be working anymore.I get the impression that they are continually altering their system in order to make it more automated and to make it more difficult to reach a live person on the phone.So I tried a different approach.It’s a kind of brute-force attack on their computer system.
- I tried it a few times and it was successful each time I attempted it.
- Although the automated voice stated that all reps were occupied, this is a vast improvement from the horrible looping method they currently use.
- Here’s what I came up with.
- Zero-out the automatic system with a vengeance!
I dialed the phone number.After the Spanish prompt, I followed up with a string of zeros.PLEASE DO NOT USE THE 00000000000 METHOD LISTED BELOW.I’m sorry to those who have complained in the comments that it doesn’t work.I only keep that text on the page because of the high ranking it has in Google and the amount of traffic it receives.
- APPLY THE METHODOLOGY LISTED ABOVE.
- THE ZERO METHOD IS NOT THE WAY TO GO.
- IF YOU SEE A GOOGLE SNIPPET WITH THE ZERO METHOD, IT MEANS THAT GOOGLE IS NOT DISPLAYING THE CORRECT METHOD IN CORRECT ORDER.
- The fact that Google is scraping content like mine to display as their own means that I have no control over what they display in SNIPPETS.
- So, DON’T…
- Call the phone number
- after the Spanish prompt, swiftly press the zero key roughly 10 times in a succession, very fast, to complete the transaction. In the following format: 0000000000
- Pay close attention to the computerized voice. The video will skip and be shut off as a result of all of the requests you submitted
- If it asks you to do an action after it has finished, press zero about 15 times in a row extremely rapidly, such as: 000000000000000
- if it asks you to perform an action after it has finished, press zero about 15 times in a row very quickly, such as: 000000000000000
- Take another listen to the computerized voice. As a result of t