Processing Time at Post Offices Standard passport processing is estimated to take 4 to 6 weeks. Expect to wait 6 weeks or possibly more during peak travel periods.
Can I get my passport expedited in 8 weeks?
If you’re planning to leave the country in the next 8 weeks, you’ll need some type of expedited passport service. If you want to get your passport in time, it’s important to choose the right expediting method from the list below. You can request expedited service at the post office (or another passport acceptance office).
Where can I renew my passport for the first time?
Get your application for a first or renewed passport right first time with digital and paper Passport Check & Send services from Post Office. Available for adult and child passports. Renew your adult passport at the Post Office and we’ll help you get it right the first time.
Can I get a passport in one day?
Can you get your passport on the same day? Of course, you can! If you are in an extreme rush, emergency or just last-minute panic, then you can get your passport expedited with 24 Hour Passport and Visas and receive it in as soon as 8 hours.
What is the fastest way to get a passport?
Fill out your DS-82 application and collect your documents. Be sure to include the $60 expedite fee in addition to the normal application fee. See Passport Fees for more information. Clearly mark ‘EXPEDITE’ on the outside of the envelope.
How long does it take to get a passport during Covid?
As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility.
Can I speed up my passport application UK?
Passports can be issued quickly in an emergency – such as ill health or death – but forgetting to allow adequate time for an application to go through is not seen as an emergency by the Passport Office. The only way to speed up the process is to pay for it.
How long does a fast track passport take?
1 week Fast Track
Your new passport is delivered to your home within 1 week of your appointment. Someone might need to be in to sign for it.
How long does passport take once approved?
Processing times in the UK
Allow up to 10 weeks to receive your passport. Check these processing times regularly for updates.
What documents do you need for a passport?
You’ll need all of the following:
Why is it so hard to get a passport?
Due to increased demand, a shortage of appointments and delays with the U.S. Post Service, the State Department now says that those applying for a new or renewed passport should expect to wait up to 18 weeks for their document. That wait time drops to 12 weeks if you pay $60 extra for expedited processing.
How fast can I get a passport in Ohio?
There are two kinds of passport services when visiting the Ohio passport offices. You can apply for regular passport service that generally takes 4 to 6 weeks or you can request expedited passport services that may take 2 or 3 weeks. Regional passport agencies can process passports in as little as 24 hours.
Is there a backlog for passports?
Due to Covid backlogs, passports are already taking up to 10 weeks to process, the Passport Office (HMPO) has warned. But delays delivering the documents are adding weeks on top of this, according to complaints on Trustpilot and Twitter.
What is the current wait time for a UK passport?
For the week ending 23 January 2022, typical processing times for standard adult online applications were: Renewing a passport: four weeks. Replace a damaged passport: four weeks.
Can I upgrade to fast track passport?
Upgrades are usually only available in special circumstances – eg you’ve had to change your travel plans at short notice.
How long does fast track passport take weekly?
If you use 1 Week Fast Track, it will take 1 (one) week for your passport to be delivered. If you use Online Premium, it could take as little as 2 (two) days.
What is the quickest way to get a passport?
What is the current processing time for a passport?
How long does it take to get an expedited passport?
How to get a passport as soon as possible?
Applying for a Passport at a Post Office
- Important Passport processing processes are taking longer than usual as a result of Covid-19, and this is true for both standard and expedited services.
- The great majority of the more than 7,000 passport application acceptance facilities situated throughout the United States and its territories are found in local post offices, according to the Department of State.
- Since the huge growth in American people applying for passports over the past few decades, the United States Postal Service has begun offering this service to its customers.
- The demand was too much for county clerks and other state and local government agencies to handle on their own.
- When the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative was launched a few years ago, the number of applications filed skyrocketed by a factor of several hundred percent.
- In the year 2015 alone, a total of 15,556,216 passport booklets were issued.
This represents a 1,468,875 percent increase over the previous year’s data.This year-over-year growth has continued unabated.From 2017 through 2019, a total of more than 20 million passports were issued in each of the four years.As of 2020, there were more than 143 million valid passports in circulation, which is a significant increase from the previous year.The likelihood is that if you plan to join this group and obtain a passport for the first time (or if you require a new passport since your previous one was issued more than 15 years ago), you will be applying at a post office.Listed below are a few suggestions to ensure that you complete the task without incident.
Tip1: Schedule an Appointment at the Post Office
- We receive a lot of letters from people who have gone to the post office to submit a fresh passport application, only to learn that they need to make an appointment.
- Post offices frequently modify their hours of operation or discontinue their passport services, which can be frustrating.
- As a result, the initial step is to set up an appointment online with a provider.
- Services for Passports Every year, more than 20 million passport applications are received and processed.
- Add to this the fact that the number of facilities has reduced dramatically from 8,400 only a few years ago to a little more than 7,000 now, a loss of about 40%.
- The increasing need in this environment is making it nearly hard for acceptance facilities to keep up with the expanding demand.
Consequently, we recommend that you seek for a walk-in passport office that is close to your location.
Tip2: Choose Your Appointment Time Wisely
- This suggestion is particularly useful for candidates who reside in metropolitan areas and want to visit a post office with a significant volume of traffic.
- You should not expect to be attended to at the scheduled time just because you have an appointment.
- It’s possible that you’ll still have to wait in line.
- Please make sure that you allot enough time in your calendar for this assignment.
- If at all feasible, schedule your appointment around a time when there is less traffic.
- For recommendations, speak with the staff at the local institution.
Tip3: Double Check Your Documents
- Coming to the post office and waiting in line just to be told that there is an issue with your application form, one of your supporting papers, or your passport photo may be quite aggravating.
- Make sure you check the current passport standards and that your passport photo matches all of the necessary parameters before applying.
- One of the most common causes for passport applications to be delayed is the submission of an unsuitable photo.
Bonus Tip: Get Your Photo Taken at the Passport Office
Not every post office provides picture services, but there are a significant number of locations that do. Inquire as to whether the post office where you want to submit your application provides on-site passport picture service. If they do, you will be able to save a significant amount of time.
Processing Time at Post Offices
- It is predicted that standard passport processing will take 4 to 6 weeks.
- During high travel seasons, expect to wait 6 weeks or longer, potentially even longer.
- Starting in January and continuing through the summer months, demand for passports is quite strong, and the overall time it takes to obtain a passport might grow dramatically, particularly if there are any issues with your application form or supporting papers.
- If you want to guarantee that your passport application is processed as quickly as possible, you can request expedited service at the post office where you submit your application.
- While there is an extra price of $60, the processing time will be reduced to 2 to 3 weeks instead of the usual 4 to 6 weeks.
- If you want your new passport delivered the next day, you can pay an additional charge to have it delivered the next day.
Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers
- An estimated 4 to 6 weeks are required for standard passport processing.
- During high travel months, you should expect to wait 6 weeks or longer.
- During the months of January through June, demand for passports is quite strong, and the overall amount of time it takes to obtain one might increase dramatically, particularly if there are any issues with your application form or supporting documentation.
- The expedited service option is available at the post office where you submit your passport application, allowing you to receive a passport sooner.
- It will take 2 to 3 weeks to process your application, despite the fact that there is an extra $60 processing cost.
- The option of overnight delivery of your new passport can be added to your payment as an extra cost.
How to Get an Expedited Passport
- Imagine having the opportunity to go on a vacation of a lifetime – but it’s at the last minute and you don’t have your passport with you!
- It’s something you never imagined happening to you.
- Alternatively, you may have a passport, but you have just recently noticed that it has expired, and your flight departs in a few days.
- Whatever the situation, you’ll need a passport, and you’ll need it as soon as you can.
- However, don’t be alarmed if your standard passport service through the post office takes 6-8 weeks longer than before.
- We’ll guide you through the process of getting an expedited passport step-by-step in this article.
Step 1: Decide How Quickly You Need Your Passport
It is likely that you will want some form of expedited passport service if you plan to leave the country within the following eight weeks. If you want to ensure that you receive your passport on time, it is critical that you select the appropriate expediting method from the list below.
Expedited Passport Service at the Post Office (2-3 weeks)
- At the post office, you can request expedited delivery of your package (or another passport acceptance office).
- In addition to your standard application expenses, you’ll have to pay a $60 expedite charge.
- Furthermore, if you want overnight delivery, you will be charged an extra shipping price.
- Expediting at the post office will only get you service in 2-3 weeks, and it is not assured to be delivered on time.
- If there are any problems with your documents, you will have to wait longer to receive your passport.
- Pro Tip: Is your post office consistently crowded and slow?
This tool may be used to find more passport acceptance offices in the surrounding area.You might be able to submit an application at a local library or county clerk’s office, for example.
Expedited Service at a Passport Agency (less than 2 weeks)
- To obtain a passport if you plan to travel within 8 days or fewer, schedule an appointment with one of the State Department’s regional passport agencies.
- Additionally, if you plan to travel within the next month and need to obtain a visa before you go, you may be qualified for an appointment.
- In most cases, passport agencies will have your passport to you within 8 business days after placing your order.
- However, if you require it sooner, they will make every effort to accommodate you.
- If you apply for accelerated passport service at a regional passport agency, you’ll pay the same additional $60 expedite charge that you’d pay if you applied for expedited passport service at the post office.
- What’s the catch, you ask?
There are only 26 regional passport agencies in the entire country, which serves the entire country.Thus, you may have to go to the nearest one in order to get to it.Additionally, passport bureaus often have limited operation hours and frequently ask that you make an appointment.This may not be an option for you if you work during the day and are unable to take time off.
Using a Passport Expediting Company (less than 2 weeks)
- A passport expediting firm may be an option if you are in too much of a hurry to wait for the post office, but you are unable (or unwilling) to travel to your local regional passport agency.
- Using a recognized passport expediting provider, your application paperwork will be hand-delivered to the Department of State, where they will be processed in as little as 24 hours.
- Once this is completed, they will mail your new passport back to you, generally the same day.
- Even if you just have 2-3 weeks before your departure, using the services of an expediting business may be a smart choice.
- While some businesses provide a less expensive, more basic alternative, others guarantee that your passport will be delivered within 10-12 business days.
- Using an expediter lowers the likelihood of making a mistake that might cause your application to be delayed.
If there is a holdup at the passport office, the expediting business can notify you as soon as possible so that you can make the necessary arrangements.If you decide to work with an expediting firm, the first step will be to place an order with them.When you submit your purchase, you will be required to pay the expediting firm for the services they provide in handling your application.After that, you’ll be responsible for paying the government fees individually.Yes, you will be required to pay the $60 government expedite charge in addition to this.
Step 2: Gather Your Documents
- If you’re working with an expediting business, that company will almost certainly assist you in gathering the necessary paperwork.
- We at RushMyPassport offer you a full checklist and assign you a case manager who will assist you with any queries or issues you may be experiencing.
- What documentation is required in order to obtain a passport?
- It is dependent on the situation.
- We’ve compiled a list of the prerequisites for the most typical passport circumstances for your convenience.
- Unless you’ve previously held a passport and your existing passport is not eligible for renewal by mail, you’ll need the following papers to apply for a passport: Identification Documentation: Among the photo IDs that are accepted by the State Department are a driver’s license or state ID card, a prior United States passport or passport card, a Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship, a military ID, or a government identification card. Both the original and a photocopy of the front and back will be required.
- Identification as a citizen: Alternatively, you can submit a prior US passport, a certified birth certificate, a Certificate of Naturalization, a Certificate of Citizenship, or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- One photo for your passport
- Fees for passports. There is an application fee of $110 for a passport book, $30 for a passport card, and $140 for both for new passports. There is additionally a $35 execution cost, as well as a $60 expedite fee, in addition to the above. More information about passport fees may be found here.
- Form DS-11, Application for a Passport
- Should I visit a Passport Agency or use a passport expediting service? You’ll also need a copy of your travel itinerary. Business passengers, on the other hand, who have not yet booked their ticket can use a letter from their company.
Lost or Stolen Passports
You’ll need everything specified under ″new passports,″ as well as Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen United States Passport, to complete the process.
Passports for Children
- Children must present in person at a post office or passport acceptance office in order to submit an application for a passport. For minors under the age of sixteen, both parents must accompany the youngster. Please bring the following documents with you: In the same manner as indicated above, proof of identification for the parents is required.
- Proof of the child’s citizenship is required
- A document establishing the child’s link to the parents or guardians, such as a birth certificate or a court order
- One photo for your passport
- Form DS-11, Application for a Passport
- Fees for passports. A child’s passport application prices range from $80 for a passport book to $15 for a passport card, with a total application charge of $95 for both. Neither the execution charge nor the expedite fee have changed
- both are still $35 and $60, respectively.
- Should I visit a Passport Agency or use a passport expediting service? You’ll also want a copy of your travel itinerary.″
- If just one parent is able to attend, please bring one of the following items: Form DS-3053, completed and signed by the absent parent after it has been notarized
- Documentation proving sole custody, when appropriate, or a death certificate in the case of the other parent’s death
- If you don’t know where the other parent is, add form DS-5525, which explains why you haven’t been able to reach them.
Even though children aged 16 and 17 can apply on their own behalf provided they have their own identity, it is preferable for them to be accompanied by at least one parent to establish ″parental awareness.″
- In the event that you already hold a passport, you may be able to avoid going to the passport office completely. For your most recent passport book or card, utilize Form DS-82 to renew by mail if all of the following statements apply to your most recent passport book or card. If you still have your most current passport in your possession and it hasn’t been reported lost or stolen, you are safe.
- It is less than 15 years old
- it was valid for a full ten years and was not a passport with a restricted validity
- it is in good condition.
- Alternatively, you can submit legal evidence such as a marriage certificate or a court order to support your name change request.
- If you are not qualified to renew your passport by mail, you should follow the steps outlined above for applying for a new one. If you are eligible, you will require the following documents: Your most current US passport (book or card)
- your most recent US driver’s license
- Form DS-82, application for renewal of a passport
- One photo for your passport
- Cost of a passport book: $110
- cost of a passport card: $30
- total cost of a passport book and card: $140
- plus a $60 expediting charge. More information about passport fees may be found here.
- Should I visit a Passport Agency or use a passport expediting service? You’ll also need a copy of your travel itinerary. Business travelers, on the other hand, who have not yet booked a trip can use a letter from their company as proof of their status. Should I visit a Passport Agency or use a passport expediting service? You’ll need a copy of your itinerary to bring with you.
Step 3: Fill out the application.
- After that, you must complete the application form.
- Fill out the form online and then print it if at all possible.
- If you do this, you will avoid having your application delayed because the passport office is unable to read your handwritten application.
- For those without access to a printer, you can pick up a copy of the application at your local postal facility.
- Fill it out in black ink and make sure you write it correctly.
- Do not sign Form DS-11 until you are in front of an agent at the post office, if you are using it.
Step 4: Go to the passport office (if required).
- It doesn’t matter if you’re utilizing a passport expediting service or not; unless you’re renewing your passport by mail, you’ll have to travel to the post office.
- It takes 2-3 weeks for the post office to verify your paperwork and transmit your application to the State Department for processing if you are not using an expediting business.
- It is possible that the passport agent will ″seal″ your application package for you if you are utilizing an expedited service.
- You’ll follow the company’s instructions to mail your application to them so that they can process it within the time limit you requested.
- Advice from the pros: If you’re applying for a passport at a regional passport agency, arrive at least 30 minutes early to allow time for security screening.
- Furthermore, keep in mind that you must arrive at your scheduled appointment time, but this does not guarantee that a passport agent will be able to see you right away.
It is possible that you will have to wait to be seen, just like you would at a doctor’s office.As a result, give yourself a little additional time.
Step 5: Wait for your new passport to arrive.
- Now, the only thing left to do is to wait for the results.
- If you sent your application through the post office, you may watch its progress here.
- If you hired an expediting service, you should have received updates on the progress of your purchase as it was being processed.
- RushMyPassport customers may track their orders here.
- Agents are ready to help you by phone, email, or live chat if you have any further queries about your purchase.
- Do you require a passport immediately?
Is going to a passport agency too much for you?Do you lack the necessary time or patience?View our expedited passport services and discover why RushMyPassport is the most convenient option to obtain a passport in a hurry!.
Renew adult passport
When you renew your adult passport at the Post Office, we’ll assist you in making sure it’s done correctly the first time.
Renew child’s passport
Do you need to renew the passport of your child? We’ll assist you in doing it right the first time.
First adult passport
Apply for a new adult passport by visiting a branch and we’ll walk you through the procedure from start to finish.
First child passport
Help with your essential travel documents
What are biometric passports?
Biometric passports provide an additional layer of protection while also shortening your wait time at passport check. Learn more about them by visiting their website.
Rules for passport photos
Make certain that your passport photo complies with the stringent requirements that many applicants fail to achieve each year. We’ll assist you in getting it perfect.
Replacing a lost passport
Electronic System for Travel Authorisation
Visit the United States for work or vacation for fewer than 90 days and you will not require a visa. Find out how to obtain an ESTA in lieu of a visa.
Travelling with an expiring passport
How long should you have left on your passport, and what do various nations demand you to carry on you when you enter their territory? Our guide is here to assist you.
Ghic and Ehic
Get a passport urgently
- If you believe that the non-urgent service will take too long, you can pay to have your passport sent sooner.
- You must make an appointment with the passport office and pay for it online.
- Generally, you may schedule an appointment up to three weeks in advance.
- You should instead contact the ‘Passport Adviceline’ if you require a passport to travel quickly for medical treatment or because a friend or family member is extremely ill or has died and you need a passport immediately.
- Before traveling, make sure you are aware of the most recent coronavirus (COVID-19) travel information.
- If your passport application is approved, it does not necessarily imply that you are now permitted to travel.
Who can apply
- If both of the following conditions are met, you can request for a speedier service. You’re in the United Kingdom
- If you need to renew or replace a passport, or if you want to receive a passport for your first child,
- If you are traveling outside of the United Kingdom, you must apply for an emergency travel document.
- If you’re applying for your first adult passport or if you don’t need a passport right away, the non-urgent procedure is the best option for you.
- If you have previously applied for a passport and have not yet gotten it, do not pay for an urgent passport since you will not obtain your passport any sooner and will not receive a refund if you do not receive your passport.
- You can keep track of the progress of your passport application.
Ways to apply
There are two options for submitting an application for an urgent passport. As part of the application process, you’ll be required to make an appointment at the passport office nearest you.
At your scheduled visit, you will be given your new passport. Appointments are limited to 30 minutes in length. This service is available for the renewal of adult passports. Take advantage of the Online Premium service.
1 week Fast Track
- Within one week of your consultation, you will get your new passport in the mail at your residence. It’s possible that someone will need to be there to sign for it. Use this service to: renew an adult or child passport
- change your name on your passport (for example, with a marriage certificate or deed poll)
- make changes to your personal information on your passport (for example, your gender)
- replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- apply for your child’s first passport
- and apply for a second or third child passport.
Take advantage of the 1-week Fast Track service.
If you cannot use the online service
- If any of the following conditions are met, you can schedule an appointment and pay over the phone: It is impossible for you to make use of a computer, a smart phone, or the internet
- you do not own a debit or credit card
To book and pay for a passport, call the Passport Adviceline.
How to Get my U.S. Passport Fast
- A life-or-death emergency service appointment, as well as an urgent travel service appointment, are available.
- You may only schedule an appointment with us by phoning.
- It is possible to communicate in Spanish.
- You will not be able to walk in.
- Making an appointment with us is completely free of charge.
- You will not be able to transfer your appointment to another client.
As soon as you phone to schedule an appointment, we will issue you with a unique confirmation number, which our staff will verify the following day at your scheduled appointment time.We are prioritizing clients who are going overseas in the next 3 business days due to a certified life-or-death emergency above those who are traveling domestically.If you want this service, please contact us.The number you dial will vary depending on the day of the week and the time of day you call.More information is available on our Life-or-Death Emergency page.Customers who require urgent overseas travel in the next 5 working days for reasons other than a life-or-death emergency can also take advantage of restricted appointments offered by several agencies and travel centers.
Appointments may be scheduled if you plan to travel within 2 weeks or require a foreign visa within 4 weeks; however, the appointment cannot be scheduled more than 5 business days before your scheduled departure date, or 10 business days before your visa application is due date.Phone: 1-877-487-2778, available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time (Eastern Standard Time).Saturday, Sunday, and federal holidays are off-limits for scheduling appointments for Urgent Travel Service.You should make the following preparations for your appointment: Before you arrive for your appointment, make sure you have all of your application paperwork together.You must bring the information that was included in the confirmation email from the National Passport Information Center when you made your appointment to your appointment.You may fill out your form online and print it before you come for your appointment by using our online form filler.
- You may alternatively print a PDF of your form and fill it out by hand in black ink before you arrive at the location.
- These two alternatives cut the amount of time you spend in our lobby on the day of your appointment by a significant amount.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will see that we have fewer chairs and more signs in our waiting areas to allow for social distance.
- We only accept appointments, and we do not presently accept walk-ins for our services.
- It is not possible to transfer your appointment to another individual.
For your convenience, we ask that you arrive to your appointment with a mask or other facial covering.While public health guidance has evolved during the pandemic as more Americans have been completely immunized against COVID-19, some of our agencies and centers are housed in buildings that have different standards regarding the use of masks and face coverings than other facilities.Follow the instructions on the signage displayed around the facility, which will list the most recent mask and face covering regulations.
Get a Passport Urgently with Premium and Fast Track Service
- A life-or-death emergency service appointment, as well as an urgent travel service appointment, are both available.
- Our appointment system only accepts phone calls.
- Espanol is spoken at the office.
- Entering via the door is not permitted.
- Making an appointment is completely free of charge.
- Customer substitution is not permitted for scheduled appointments.
As soon as you phone to schedule an appointment, we will offer you with a unique confirmation number, which our staff will check the following day.We are prioritizing clients who are going overseas in the next 3 business days due to a certified life-or-death emergency above those who are traveling domestically at this time.We may be reached at any time if you require this service.According on the day of the week and time of day, you should dial a specific number.Please see our page on life-threatening situations for further information.Customers who require urgent overseas travel in the next 5 working days for reasons other than a life-or-death emergency can also take advantage of restricted appointments offered by several agencies and organizations in this area.
Appointments may be scheduled if you plan to travel within 2 weeks or require a foreign visa within 4 weeks; however, the appointment cannot be scheduled more than 5 business days before your scheduled departure date, or 10 business days before your visa application is processed, whichever is sooner.Phone: 1-877-487-2778, available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time (ET).Weekends and federal holidays are off-limits for appointments with our Urgent Travel Service.Make the necessary preparations for your appointment by reading the following: Before you arrive for your appointment, make sure you have all of your application paperwork.You must provide the information that was included in the confirmation email from the National Passport Information Center that you received when you made your appointment.Fill out your form online and print it before arriving for your visit by using our online form filler.
- It’s also possible to print a PDF of your form and fill it out by hand using black ink before arriving.
- These two alternatives cut the amount of time you spend in our lobby on the day of your appointment by a significant percentage.
- In our waiting areas, we have fewer chairs and more signs to allow for social separation, which is important when you have an appointment with us.
- There are no walk-in services at this time, since we require scheduled appointments.
- No one else will be able to take your appointment in your place.
* For your convenience, we suggest that you arrive to your appointment with a mask or face covering.Some of our organizations and centers are housed in buildings that have varied regulations regarding the wearing of masks and facial coverings during the pandemic, despite the fact that more Americans have been completely vaccinated against COVID-19 as a result of the outbreak.Stick to the signs displayed around the facility, which will provide the most recent regulations for face masks and other protective clothing.
Premium and Fast Track Passport Services
- You must be physically present in the United Kingdom in order to use one of the expedited passport applications.
- If the requirement is more urgent than usual, you can choose between the 1 day Premium service and the 1 week Fast Track service, which are both available.
- The first step will be to make a reservation at a Passport Customer Service Center, followed by a visit to the center.
- Look for a list of passport offices in your neighborhood based on your zip code.
- If you are not in the United Kingdom, you may be required to apply for an emergency travel document instead of a regular one.
- Please keep in mind that if you are not applying for a passport replacement or renewal urgently, it will take approximately 3 weeks to complete the process online using the standard service.
Passport Premium 1 Day Service
It is possible to obtain a passport on the same day that you apply. You would be required to submit a fully filled application form, two photographs, and all necessary supporting documentation. In most cases, you will be able to pick it up at a Passport Customer Service Center four (4) hours following your appointment.
Passport Fast Track 1 Week Service
- In the event that you select the Fast Track option, your passport will be sent to your home address within one (1) week of your appointment.
- You’ll need to submit a completed application form, two passport pictures, and any other supporting documentation.
- Please keep in mind that in the United Kingdom, bank holidays are not included in the one-week time period.
- Someone may be required to sign for the delivery if it is being delivered to your home address.
Upgrading an Existing Passport Application
If you want to update an existing passport application, you should contact the Passport Adviceline. As a general rule, upgrading is only necessary in rare circumstances. However, you would not be required to schedule or attend an appointment.
Get a Passport Urgently Price
The current costs shown below include the charge for a passport as well as any additional fees for the specific services you choose.
|Type of Passport||Premium 1 Day Service Price||Fast Track 1 Week Service Price|
|Renewing a standard adult passport (34-page)||£177||£142|
|Renewing an adult passport (50-page)||£187||£152|
|Change of name in a standard adult 34-page passport (with marriage or civil partnership certificate)||£177||£142|
|Change of name for an adult 50-page passport (with marriage or civil partnership certificate)||£187||£152|
|Change a standard adult 34-page passport||N/A||£142|
|Change an adult 50-page passport||N/A||£142|
|Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged adult passport||N/A||£142|
|First child passport||N/A||£122|
|Renew or change a child passport||N/A||£122|
|Replace a lost, stolen or damaged child passport||N/A||£122|
|Renewal for a British national born on or before the 2nd of September 1929||£77.50||£42.50|
Note: To obtain a passport application form, schedule an appointment, and pay the current fee, do the following three procedures. If you cancel or fail to appear for the appointment, you will not receive a return of the cost. If you fail to provide the completed form, pictures, and any other necessary documentation, there will be no return.
- This sort of passport application cannot be submitted using the internet. As a result, you will need to obtain a paper application form at a Post Office
- you can schedule an appointment online and then pay the non-refundable passport price with a credit card
- and you will need to provide identification.
- Make sure you complete the application form and bring all of your supporting documentation to your scheduled appointment.
If You Do Not Attend the Appointment
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, there will be no reimbursement.
- You can modify the date of your appointment by clicking on the link provided in the email confirmation.
- However, the booking must be at least two (2) days out in order to make a schedule modification.
- If you are in the United Kingdom, you have the option of sending someone else to your appointment in your place.
- When you utilize the 1 day Premium service, you can have another individual pick up your passport as well.
Booking an Appointment by Telephone
If you wish to schedule an appointment over the phone, you will need to call the Passport Adviceline first. However, booking an appointment for a 1 day Premium or 1 week Fast Track service appointment online is often more expedient.
Fee Refunds for ‘Exceptional Circumstances’
The passport refund form includes a list of extraordinary situations in which you may be eligible for a passport return. It should be sent to the same Passport Customer Service Center where you made your initial appointment (addressed to the Customer Service Manager).
Documentation Required at an Appointment
- When you attend to your passport appointment interview, you will need to have the following items with you: Two (2) passport photos that are similar to one another
- Paper application form collected from a post office and completed by the applicant
- All necessary supporting papers (further information is included in the form booklet)
Please keep in mind that someone else may be responsible for transporting your documents to the appointment. However, you must be physically present in the United Kingdom at that moment.
If Someone Else Collects Your Passport
- If you do not pick up the passport yourself, the other party will need to bring the following items: A document that demonstrates their identify (for example, a passport, driving license, or a current energy bill)
- A letter from the applicant that has been signed and dated. It must identify the person who will be collecting your passport on your behalf and provide them authorization to do so.
- The receipt for the application (which was given to you when the cashier accepted your application)
- the application itself
Passport Online Premium Service (1 day)
- It may be feasible to renew a passport in a hurry using the internet. The premium service is available for £177. You must submit your application online, along with a digital image. After that, you must schedule an appointment to pick up your new passport from one of the passport offices. You will need the following items in order to apply for the online premium 1 day service: A digital camera, a smartphone, or a tablet are examples of devices that capture digital images.
- You will need someone to assist you in taking the shot (the provider will explain how to get the proper image)
- Use of an expired passport, together with a debit or credit card to complete the payment
- Please keep in mind that the Online Premium service is a pilot experiment.
- As a result, only a limited number of appointments are made available.
- To make use of this service, you must be at least 16 years old.
- However, you will not be able to use it to obtain your first UK passport or to replace one that has been damaged, stolen, or lost.
- How to Obtain a Passport in the United Kingdom as Soon as Possible The site was last updated in 2022.
- ALL RULES |
CONTACT |PRIVACY |SITEMAP |
Renew Adult Passport
Digital Check & Send
There’s no muss or hassle. We’ll complete and submit your application on your behalf through the internet.
Paper Check & Send
Find your nearest branch
You might be interested in
International Driving Permit
If you’re driving in another country, you may require an International Driving Permit. Check to see which nations have one as a requirement.
Our 5* rated travel insurance will ensure that you and your family are completely covered while on the road.
Order travel money online for delivery the following day, or click and collect at a branch near you if you prefer.
How To Get Your Passport Faster
- Posted on: March 5, 2017 Being able to obtain your passport on time may be a very stressful experience, especially if you have already booked your travel arrangements and your departure date is approaching.
- Despite the fact that we usually advise against booking travel until you are certain that your passport is valid, more and more individuals are attempting to take advantage of last-minute offers.
- However, in the course of attempting to save a few pounds, they expose themselves to the risk of being stranded abroad without a passport.
- If you are planning to schedule travel arrangements within the next four weeks, or if you have already booked but need some assistance and advice on how to expedite the processing of your passport, you have come to the correct spot.
- Fortunately, we have all of the information you need to guarantee that none of your planned trip plans are jeopardized by the absence of a passport.
When you need a passport in a hurry, using The Passport Office’s urgent services is a great option. However, it is important to understand which service will be most suitable for your needs because The Passport Office has strict guidelines in place to ensure the safety and security of all customers and travelers.
- Customers who choose the Fast-Track option will receive their passports in one week.
- Customer’s who will be traveling within the next four weeks will benefit greatly from these Fast-Track appointments.
- You are welcome to make use of this service if you so choose.
- Passports, both adult and kid, that have been lost or stolen Passport renewal for adults with 32/48 page pages Change of name as an adult as a result of marriage or civil partnership First child passport Child passports are renewed every year.
- Renewal for a British national born on or before September 2, 1929, if they are still alive.
- Please keep in mind that this service is not offered to consumers who require an adult passport for the first time.
APPLY FOR A 7-DAY PASSPORT
Same Day Service
- Customers who choose the premium services will have their passports in one day.
- Although this service is excellent and efficient, you are restricted in the services that you may use it for.
- Renewal of a passport with 32 or 48 pages Change of name as an adult as a result of marriage or civil partnership Renewal for a British national born on or before September 2, 1929, if they are still alive.
- Important: If your passport has been lost or stolen, if you require an adult or child passport for the first time, or if you require any other alterations, you will not be able to utilize this service.
- GET A ONE-DAY PASSPORT
Getting A Passport Appointment
- Once you’ve determined which service is most appropriate for your requirements, the next step is to schedule a passport appointment at your local office.
- Appointments can be made either online or over the phone.
- The following sites have passport offices open to customers: Belfast Durham Glasgow Liverpool London Newport Peterborough The process of scheduling an appointment for these urgent services is quick and simple if you know which Passport Office you’d want to go to in advance.
What To Do If You Can’t Get An Appointment
- It is becoming increasingly likely that you will not be able to secure an appointment at your local passport office as peak passport application dates approach.
- Customers are encouraged to attend appointments at their local Passport Office in a timely manner.
- However, during busy periods, this can be extremely challenging and some customers may be required to drive a considerable distance to attend their appointment at the Passport Office.
- If you are planning a trip within the next four weeks, the prospect of not being able to get an appointment in your region and having to wait for a lengthy amount of time might fill you with dread, causing you to put your travel plans on hold or even cancel them.
- If you are ready to drive an extra hour or two, you may be able to get an appointment much more quickly if you are flexible with your schedule.
- If you are informed by a contact center employee that there are no vacant spaces at your local office, ask them to check availability at the next closest location; you may discover that spaces are far more difficult to come by outside of large cities if you do this.
It is critical that you inquire about an alternate location because the agents will not always provide one, and you might end up missing an appointment if you do not.
Damaged Passports vs Wear And Tear
- If you need to renew your passport and you’re concerned about your passport being damaged, it’s crucial to understand just how ‘damaged’ it is before you proceed.
- Many customers schedule a 1 week Fast-Track appointment under the impression that their passport has been damaged; nevertheless, 7 out of 10 people discover that their passport has just minor wear and tear and that they would have been qualified for the 1 day Premium service instead.
- The importance of having the correct passport appointment if you have travel plans in the following two weeks cannot be overstated.
- It is important to remember that the urgent appointments can only guarantee a 1 week/1 day turnaround if your application is complete and correct, and you have all of your relevant supporting documents with you; if this is not the case, you run the risk of not receiving your application back in time for your appointment.
- What Is Considered ″Reasonable Use and Tear″?
- checking to see that there are no stains or water marks on any of the pages All of the material is easily understandable and reading.
The lamination on your photo page is tightly adhered to the paper surface.There are no pages that are broken or missing.The chip is securely in place and unharmed.
- The binding on the passport is secure and has not dissolved.
- What Exactly Is Considered Damage?
- Personal information cannot be deciphered (non-readable).
- The lamination has lifted enough to make it possible to substitute a photograph for the original.
- The bio-data page has a discoloration to it.
- There has been a chemical or ink discharge on (any page).
Pages that are missing or have been detached In the case of the new model e-passports, the chip or antenna may be seen through the end paper on the rear cover.It has been determined that the chip is damaged as a result of an investigation, or you have been informed that the chip is defective during a border-check.
Countersigning Your Application
- Some people may find it exceedingly difficult, if not impossible, to get a third party to countersign their passport application, which can create a great deal of worry, particularly if they have future travel arrangements.
- If you are unclear about who will be signing your application, this may make your search a bit simpler for the right person.
- If you are merely renewing your existing passport, you may not be aware that 95 percent of passport renewals do not even need the submission of a countersignature.
- Many individuals are under the impression that their photo and application must always be signed; however, this is not the case.
- However, if you are applying for a passport for the first time as an adult or kid, or if you have misplaced your passport, you will very certainly want the assistance of another person to countersign your application.
- Unfortunately, there is no way around this, and it is critical to understand which applications require which supporting materials.
Sending Multiply Applications
- Finally, we have a small piece of advice for you that includes submitting many applications in a single envelope.
- When you pick up your passport application, you may notice that the return envelopes have various addresses on them.
- For example, if you are applying for passports for your complete family, the return envelopes may differ, with London, Durham, or any of the other Passport Offices printed on them, depending on where you live.
- This is only to ensure that postal applications are distributed uniformly around the nation, and it will have no effect on your application if your envelope reads Durham but you send it to London, for example.
- If you are submitting many applications, we recognize that even the applications themselves can be stressful; but, knowing that all of your applications are contained in a single envelope and are all traveling to the same location can provide you with a sense of security.
- In addition, it is beneficial if you want to send it by special delivery to give yourself a little additional piece of mind.
Applying for or renewing a passport is a very significant procedure, and getting it correctly the first time is critical to your success.Time delays and disruptions to travel plans are problems that no one likes to experience, and we hope that by following our tips and methods, your applications will be a pleasant and hassle-free occasion.One topic that has been on everyone’s mind over the last couple of years has been the Brexit referendum.
- The United Kingdom government set a two-year deadline for us to leave the EU in 2017, and we were initially scheduled to depart on March 29th of this year.
- The administration went to the polls once more.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Every year, visitors in the United Kingdom pay about £5 million on emergency travel documents (ETDs), which cover the costs of replacing lost or stolen passports, which includes: the additional cost of travel, the time wasted, and, of course, the inconvenience.
- Many of these p.
- are either lost or stolen.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
How to Get a Passport Quickly
There is only one day left till your perfect vacation comes to an end. You’ll be stuck at home, gazing at the cracks in your walls, if you don’t have a passport to travel. You are aware that the procedure can take many weeks or perhaps months. How can you obtain a passport in a timely manner? Don’t be concerned; here’s how to glide through the passport application procedure like butter: 1.
Gather Your Documents
- First and foremost, get your papers. Your application form will determine the papers you’ll need to submit with your application. Passport Application Form DS-11: Requesting a New Passport or Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport Applicants who are first-time applicants, those whose most recent passport has been lost, stolen or destroyed, those whose passport was issued more than 15 years ago, and those whose passport was issued before they reached 16 should use Form DS-11, which is available online. Form DS-11 must be completed and submitted in person at a passport office. See How to Apply for a New Passport for a comprehensive list of the papers that must be submitted. Additionally, there are particular regulations in place for children under the age of sixteen. For further information, see How to Obtain a Child Passport. Renewal of Passports (Form DS-82). If you’re applying for a passport renewal, you’ll need to fill out form DS-82. Using this form is permissible as long as your existing passport passes the requirements listed below: Is in your hands and in good condition
- It was granted fewer than 15 years ago, just after you reached the age of majority
- You can produce a marriage certificate or a court decree to support your name change request if your existing legal name is not in your possession
- Additionally, a copy of your itinerary is required in order to obtain your passport within the following two weeks.
For a list of the papers you’ll need to renew your passport, see How to Apply for a Passport Renewal for more information.
Choose Your Approach
- Next, determine how you intend to accelerate the processing of your passport application.
- You have three alternatives if you want to receive your passport as soon as possible: First and foremost, you can take advantage of the State Department’s expedited procedure.
- Their expedited service will return your passport to you in about three weeks for an extra $60 plus the cost of overnight delivery.
- It’s a good idea to allow for even more time than that in case something goes wrong during the installation.
- We’ll look at our other two possibilities now, because three weeks isn’t really ″fast″ in this case.
- Make an appointment at one of the State Department’s 24 regional passport agencies.
Alternatively, you can apply online.The fact that there are only 24 of them in the entire country means that there may be some traveling involved in getting there.Additionally, because these locations are only available on weekdays, you will most likely need to take time off work.
- Even in such case, their operating hours are restricted.
- Utilize the services of a private passport expediting business.
- When you use an expediter, you get the same lightning-fast service that you would get from a passport agency, but you don’t have to drive any farther than your local post office to have it done!
- Instead of making an appointment or waiting in line at an agency, you just pay the expediting firm to handle all of the problems on your behalf.
- In addition, a reputable organization will check through your documents with you to ensure that nothing has been neglected.
- Take into consideration how much it would cost to take time off work and go to an agency office, and it becomes clear that hiring an expediter is both less expensive and more convenient.
Submit Your Application
- Private passport expediting services are available.
- When you use an expediter, you get the same lightning-fast service that you would get from a passport agency, but you don’t have to drive any farther than your local post office to have it done.
- There is no need to schedule an appointment or stand in line at an agency; instead, you pay the expediting firm to handle all of the problems on your behalf..
- In addition, a reputable organization will go over your documents with you to ensure that nothing is missed.
- It is possible that utilizing an expediter will be less expensive than taking time off work and driving to an agency office.
- It is also more handy than taking time off work.
How do I get a passport in a hurry?
- It is recommended that you wait up to 6 weeks for the delivery of your pass