But especially since most of the packages coming from China comes through regular USPS, you’re package must go through the necessary steps before it gets to you. The regular time is 3-4 weeks.
Typically, shipping to the United States from China will take anywhere from 1-35 days, depending upon the mode of transport chosen and the final destination of the goods within the United States. Express shipping is the fastest option, taking 1-5 days.
As China Post and USPS have an agreement, it usually takes between nine and 12 days to receive a package from China. The seller needs to choose the ePacket shipping option for this speedy service. Otherwise, it could take up to 90 days for you to get your order via regular China Post.
How long does it take to fly from China to USA?
The air flight agent arranges for cargo loading and customs declaration in China (1-2 Days). 3. Flight from China to the U.S. (2-3 Days). 4. Customs clearance in the U.S. (1-2 Days).
How long does air freight take from China to the US?
Standard air freight between China and the US generally takes around 8-10 days. It’s not that planes are slower; it comes down to the fact that air freight processes that are much complicated than for express freight, while express air freight services typically shaves 2-3 days off standard air freight transit times.
How long does it take for packages to get from China to USA?
How long does it take to ship from China to the USA? Rules of thumbs for lead times (in regular conditions) are 1-2 weeks for regular post, 3 days for air express freight, 8-10 days for air freight, and 30-40 days for ocean freight.
Why do packages from China take so long?
Why are packages from China taking so long? Due to the serious shortage of mail processing capacity, slowdown of production, poor logistics, and business shutdowns caused by COVID-19, some countries and regions even have announced that they have stopped receiving international express.
Why is my package from China not moving?
A: Stuck in China
It may be delayed due to the pile-up of goods. It will be moved again after the backlog problem is solved. Once you find it’s stuck at a station for over 30 days, it may be lost. In this case, you need to contact the seller to reflect the problem and get a solution in time.
How do I track a package from China to USA?
Packages sent by the China Post Air Mail service will be identified with a 13-digit tracking code starting with the letter ‘R’ and ending with ‘CN’. To track china post packages, simply type the tracking code into the search box of Parcel Monitor’s China Post tracking page and click on Enter.
Does USPS Track China Post?
Does USPS Track China Post? USPS can track China Post Register Airmail, EMS, ePacket and Sea/Air combined parcel which are shipped from China to USA. But USPS can not track China Post Ordinary Small Packet and China Post Direct Xpress Mail Parcel.
Who delivers China Post packages?
By using the TNT International Express network to deliver, the service is guaranteed in shipping time, tracking and other after-sales services. Therefore, it’s the mostly used one in all China Express businesses. The Economy Express Service is mainly used for the shipment of goods over 45 kg.
Why is my package still in transit China Post?
What does China post package ‘in transit’ means? When your package or parcel is in transit, it means that the item has been shipped from the origin country and is on its way to its destination. Your parcel may have been handed over to the carrier. Your parcel may have been dispatched or left its country of origin.
How long do deliveries take from China?
How long does shipping take from China? Shipping products from China by sea takes between 6 and 8 weeks from door to door. This takes into account three main sections of the shipment.
How long does customs clearance take from China?
Generally, Chinese customs officers visit different sites within the port during working hours to process and release items whose duties have been paid with adequate documentation. The process can take between 1-2 days or more depending on the season.
How long does it take to ship from China to USA FedEx?
|International Service||Transit Time|
|FedEx International First®||3 business days as early as 10 a.m.2|
|FedEx International Priority®||3 business days|
|FedEx International Priority® Freight||3 business days|
|FedEx International Economy®||5 business days|
Why is my parcel in transit for so long?
Sometimes international parcels show ‘in transit’ on the tracking page for a longer period of time because the way the shipping is handled in that particular country, and whether or not they have end-to-end tracking.
Why are my packages taking so long?
Here are some of the most common reasons for mail delays. Weather: Postal delivery disruptions could be due to severe winter storms, floods, natural disasters or power outages. Customers can check weather-related delays on the Service Alerts page on the Postal Service’s website.
How long is USPS transit?
|MAIL CLASS||DELIVERY STANDARD|
|First-Class Package Service®||1-3 business days (not guaranteed)|
|Priority Mail®||1, 2, or 3 business days (not guaranteed)|
|Priority Mail Express®||1-2 calendar days (guaranteed)|
|USPS Retail Ground®||2-8 business days* (not guaranteed)|
How long does it take for international packages to be delivered?
In most cases, international packages sent though China Post could be delivered between 15-60 days. Some package sent through economic ways may take as long as 3-6 months to be delivered. The delivery time is usually decided by the process time of the post offices and customs clearance condition.
How to know the exact arrival time of China Post International Parcel?
The answer of first question is you can NOT know the exact arrival time of China Post International Parcel. Actually not only China Post, Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post and any other countries’ postal service, all have same problem. The reasons of such unpredictable-arrival problem are as following:
How Long Does It Take To Receive a Package From China via USPS?
If you have placed a purchase from AliExpress, Alibaba, eBay, or another Chinese website and are awaiting a delivery by the United States Postal Service, you are probably wondering how long you will have to wait for your package to arrive.How long does it take to get an item from China via the United States Postal Service?This post gives essential information as well as solutions.
If you are experiencing difficulties as a result of a late, missing, or stolen package, contact DoNotPay.Using our software, you may quickly and easily file a refund claim with the IRS.
How Long Does It Take for a Package To Arrive From China?
- It might take anywhere between 10 and 90 days to get a delivery from China, depending on how the vendor sent your transaction. The delivery time varies depending on which of the following factors is considered: Process time for the following parties: the seller
- China Post
- Customs clearance
- the kind of mail—for example, regular mail, registered mail, ePacket (EUB), or Express Mail Service (EMS)
- and the destination.
What Happens After You Have Placed an Order?
To have a better understanding of the shipping time from China, you should consider the following frequent processes that your purchase will go through:
|The seller ships your order||It normally takes one to five days for a seller to process your order and send the package via China Post|
|China Post processes the package||China Post will:|
- Take care of your package
- Send it to a competent overseas service center for processing
|Your order is sent||Your package will be dispatched after security screening|
|The package arrives in the USA||Your shipment will:|
- Pass through Customs and Border Protection in the United States
- Enter the United States Postal Service (USPS) mail stream
- Be brought to you
How Long Does It Take To Receive a Package From China by USPS?
- Because of an arrangement between China Post and the United States Postal Service, it normally takes between nine and twelve days to receive a shipment from China. The seller must select the ePacket delivery option in order to take advantage of this expedited service. If you choose to ship your item using the ordinary China Post system, it might take up to 90 days to arrive. As soon as your item has been dispatched, you should be provided with a tracking number, which will allow you to check on the progress of your order at any point in time. This number may be available in the following locations: On the seller’s website, you may see your purchase history
- The delivery confirmation email sent by the internet store
Track Your Package Arriving From China
Following your cargo will allow you to determine how long it will take for your delivery to arrive from China and whether or not someone will be home to accept it. Once you’ve obtained a tracking number, you should be able to monitor the progress of your package on the websites of China Post and the United States Postal Service.
Tracking via China Post
You may trace your package via China Post’s tracking system, which is as follows:
- To get to the tracking page, click here.
- Input the tracking number that has been supplied.
- To track your package, click on the Track My Package icon.
- You should take the following steps if you are unable to obtain any information: Verify that you have entered the proper and complete number
- If it takes more than a day or two for your product to become available in the system, please be patient.
- Make contact with the sender to enquire about the status of the package
There are several sorts of packages for which China Post does not provide a tracking service, and you should be aware of this. For less priced items, some sellers on AliExpress, eBay, and other marketplaces employ standard packet delivery alternatives, such as those offered by UPS. Once the package reaches China, it will not be able to be monitored any longer.
USPS Tracking System
If you suspect your USPS item has arrived late, you should first check the average delivery schedules for the USPS and then wait a few more days. Take the following steps to acquire information on your cargo, including the delivery date:
- Visit the tracking page for the United States Postal Service.
- Enter the tracking number in the appropriate field.
- To track something, press the Track button.
- Packages delivered from China to the United States can be tracked using the shipping methods listed below: China Post Express Mail Service (EMS)
- Register Airmail
- The following items, however, cannot be tracked using the USPS tracking tool: China Post Ordinary Small Packet
- China Post Direct Xpress Mail Parcel
- and China Post Ordinary Small Packet.
The following steps should be taken if your shipment goes missing because the delivery status indicates that it has been delivered but you have not received it:
- Your post office box or mailbox
- You should be cautious around your home since some delivery workers leave packages outdoors if no one is home
- Because a courier may have left the parcel with your neighbors, you should check with them.
If you have searched for and failed to locate a misdelivered package, you should make a claim with the United States Postal Service (USPS). Use DoNotPay to take care of your delivery difficulties without any hassle!
DoNotPay’s Swift Delivery Problem Solver
Rather of dealing with complicated and time-consuming claim procedures, you can focus on what you do best.Why would you want to waste your time contacting USPS customer care, filling out claim or request forms, and standing in line at your local post office when you might be doing anything else?There’s a good reason why the adoption of artificial intelligence-powered applications is on the rise: they have the ability to resolve complicated challenges quickly and automatically!
DoNotPay’s Late Delivery Refund tool will assist you in resolving your package delivery issues in a matter of minutes!To become a member of DoNotPay, simply complete the following steps:
- You can choose for the Late Delivery Refund option
- Select a courier service, such as the United States Postal Service.
- Fill up the blanks with your cargo information.
- It will only take you a few minutes to complete these procedures, and your claim will be delivered straight to the USPS (or another designated courier) upon completion. DoNotPay will assist you in requesting a reimbursement for the trouble you have experienced due to late delivery in the blink of an eye! Apart from the United States Postal Service, DoNotPay gives useful information on other courier firms, such as: Get the information you need on what to do if your delivery is misplaced or does not arrive on time
- Get to know FedEx’s lost package processes and late delivery timelines.
If you make a lot of purchases on Amazon, you might be interested in learning about their late delivery choices as well, if you don’t mind waiting a little longer.
Check Out the Scope of DoNotPay’s Services
DoNotPay is capable of much more than simply dealing with deliveries that are late or missing.We have extensive experience in obtaining refunds and chargebacks, gift card cash backs, airline reimbursements, as well as returning items that were unsatisfactory in the first place.We have a strategy for dealing with difficult-to-reach customer care representatives and difficult-to-unsubscribe from mailing lists.
For those who have to deal with crucial documentation, our software can help you through every stage of the process.The documents may be drafted for you and we can teach you how to write them yourself; we can link you with a remote notary who can notarize your documents at any time of day or night; and we can assist you in sending the documents to any recipient using our easy online fax capabilities!Check out our learning center to get a complete picture of everything we have to offer.
Stay Safe at Home and Enlist DoNotPay To Do Your Bidding
- It’s difficult to stay on top of your responsibilities during these tough times filled with a lot of uncertainty. That is why DoNotPay has designed a number of tools to assist you in crossing chores off your to-do list while remaining in the comfort of your own home. In addition to these activities, you may do them from the convenience of your recliner using our app: Virtually apply for exemptions from property taxes
- Make a request for compensation on behalf of crime victims.
- Request that your bills be postponed
- For indoor entertainment, sign up for free trials of streaming, gaming, and other services
- Request tuition and fee exemptions from colleges.
- Communicate with a loved one who is incarcerated
- Keep yourself secure from internet stalkers and harassers by following these tips.
- Send letters through the mail
- Make a complaint about loud neighbors
Query for Shipping Time from China to the U.S.? Check these Top 3 Shipping Method Guides.
Skip to the main content Whatever the size or amount of your order, when you import items from China, you will need to consider how to pick a freight forwarder, how to transport the cargos from China to the United States, and how long it will take for the cargos to arrive in the country.We should first explain by responding to the question ″What kind of shipping services are available for me to pick from?″ before proceeding.In this section, we’ll put together an overview of the three most frequent modes of transportation and their delivery times to give you a basic sense of what to expect.
|Cargo Type||Logistic Choice Suggestion||Remark|
|Single Package or Small batch||Courier||Fastest|
|Hundreds KG to Several Tons||Air Flight||Fast|
|10-12 tons or more||FCL shipment by sea||Longer time|
Furthermore, you will learn how to discover an efficient solution for balancing the cost and timing for each of these three alternative shipping options, as well as how to resolve your logistical challenges while shipping from China to the United States, by reading this article.
Q1: How to choose a suitable courier for myself and what is the shipping time offered by each of the different couriers?
It is suggested that you use a well-known courier service to ensure prompt delivery and that your package does not get lost in the mail delivery process. The spreadsheet below shows the statistically meaningful comparisons between the different courier costs and delivery times from China to the United States.
|Courier||Cost level||Timing||Short Comment|
|(from 1-10)||(working days)|
|FedEx (IP)||7.5||2-3||Good timing|
|FedEx (IE)||6||4-5||Balance on cost and time|
|DHL||5||3-5||Timing not as good as FedEx|
|SF-express||4.5||5-7||Newbie, May delay|
FedEx is often the first pick when it comes to courier services since it provides IP and IE services to meet a variety of demands and is excellent at controlling delivery times.DHL is a less expensive competitor in the market.However, the time control is not as precise as it is with FedEx.
Occasionally, there are delays and deliveries are received later than anticipated.However, if you don’t mind waiting an additional 2 to 3 days, you will reap the benefits of lower shipping rates in the meantime.SF-Express is a relative newcomer to the market.They work with a few local distributors to manage final delivery, which is accomplished through collaboration with UPS or other couriers.However, they are mostly concerned with delivering to FBA warehouses of Amazon-affiliated firms rather than directly to customers.
- Special Note: If your shipment weighs more than 21kg, you may be able to negotiate a cheaper pricing because courier companies consider shipments weighing more than 21kg to be large orders.
- As a result, they are prepared to provide discounts.
- As a result, the greater the weight of your shipment, the greater the discount.
- ″What if my buy is inexpensive, for example, just 50 pieces of good pens,″ you might wonder.
- ″What if my purchase is inexpensive, for example, only 50 pieces of nice pens, but the courier cost is killing me?″ The good news is that there is a wonder service known as China Postage (ePacket/EUB) that can help.
- It is quite inexpensive, but you would have to wait for around 15-25 days (Only official time).
- It usually takes 30-60 days for deliveries to arrive) before the parcel can be collected.
- This low-cost service, on the other hand, has its own set of limits.
- Packaging, for example, is limited to a weight of no more than 2kg, and the size of the box is also restricted.
As long as your item is not extremely valuable, your package is small and light, and you are not concerned about the length of time it will take to arrive (or even the possibility of losing your package), you should inquire with your China supplier about this miracle and you may be in for a surprise.P.S.Most of the merchandise offered on AliExpress takes advantage of this miracle service in order to take advantage of their cheap pricing approach.
Q2: When is it appropriate to use air service, and how is the shipping time for it?
Air freight is well suited for delivering cargo that meets the following two important criteria:* The cargo value is high; and* The cargo weight is low.You don’t want to have to wait 30-40 days for the goods to arrive once it has been shipped by sea.But, of course, you must have more than 500kg of goods before consulting with an air travel agent about your options.
Otherwise, the cost will be similar to that of utilizing a courier service, and the delivery time will be longer due to the increased distance traveled.To guarantee that the real delivery time is met while employing air service, the following four considerations must be taken into account:
A.When to book the Air Flight shipment?
Typically, you will need to schedule 10-15 days in advance to ensure that the delivery will take place within the time frame that you have specified. Furthermore, making your reservation early will give you more opportunity to evaluate different air flight agents, allowing you to make a more informed decision.
B.When is the actual flight schedule?
There are no daily flights to or from several places in the United States of America.The exact flight date must be confirmed in this situation so that you may choose when to ship the cargo from your place of business to the flight agent’s warehouse in order to complete the loading operation.Please keep in mind that the airline’s flight agent will provide complimentary storage for goods for 3-5 days.
Remember to check with your agent to ensure that there are no additional fees associated with this.
C.When the flight schedule is confirmed, what actual process takes place?
1.Your Chinese supplier must ship the cargo from their plant to the warehouse of the flying agency (0.5 Day).2.The air flight agent coordinates the loading of cargo and the filing of customs declarations in China (1-2 Days).3.
The flight from China to the United States (2-3 Days).4.Clearance through customs in the United States (1-2 Days).Transportation to and from your warehouse on land (2-3 Days).P.S.Please keep in mind that the following timetable is simply an estimate and is only meant to be used as a guide.
- Depending on the scenario, the timing may change slightly.
- When customs declaration in China is delayed, for example, it may result in the suspension of the flight schedule, which will have an impact on the overall delivery time.
D.Special Notes for Air Shipment.
Some flight agencies provide air travel services as well as UPS delivery services.If your baggage weights between 100 and 200kg and you believe the cost of a courier service is prohibitively high, speak with your airline agent about other possible solutions.In this strategy, the flight agent will gather enough merchandise to fill an airliner’s cargo hold and then distribute the package around the United States utilizing a messenger service.
You will save money if you use this strategy in conjunction with the others.
Q3: How can you do a container shipment by sea, and what is the shipping time for it?
The process of shipping a container is not nearly as complicated as you might have assumed. You can apply for a specific container shipment by following the steps outlined below.
1.Confirm the freight cost with two to three agents in the United States.Inquire about price breaks for items like as freight, U.S.
Customs clearance, and inland transportation, among other things.Additionally, ask your China supplier to verify the freight in China for you so that you may compare the pricing and haggle with the United States representative if required.3.If your Chinese supplier quotes you a FOB price, he or she will be responsible for complying with local costs in China, such as China local transportation fees, China Customs Declaration fees, shipping company local charges, and so on.4.
- If your China supplier quotes you an EXW price, you will want the assistance of your agent to assist you with the local expenses in China as well.
- Choose the most advantageous option and book the shipping (recommended to do 15 days in advance from your desired shipment date).
China Procedure Period
6.The container will be released by the shipping firm seven days before the scheduled shipment date.For example, if the shipment date is January 15, you can instruct the plant to begin loading the container on January 8 and continue until the container is full.
7.Complete the China customs declaration before the end of the calendar year.8.An ISF 10+2 form will also be required for the container being sent to the United States.Request that your shipping agency complete it for you on time (the cut-off date is usually similar to the CY closing date).
The U.S. Procedure Period
9.The shipment has been loaded onto the ship and will arrive in the United States in 30-40 days.Customs clearance in the United States is number ten.
11.Finally, inland shipping from the United States to your warehouse.As you may be aware, the standard container sizes are 20’GP, 40’GP, and 40’HQ in length.The table below provides guidance on container type selection depending on weight and CBM (cubic meter).
|Container Size||Loading Weight||CBM|
Special Notes for Container Shipment.
To that end, savvvier readers will consider what options are available to them when they do not have enough stuff to fill a container but still want to take use of the wonderful benefits of sea freight.Instead of offering FCL (Full Container Load) shipping, clever agents are offering LCL (Less than Container Load) shipping combined with UPS service in order to expand their business reach.The important thing to note here is that the combined transportation will begin with a vessel transfer from China to the United States and will conclude with UPS distribution to your facility.When compared to flying the goods from China to the United States, such an agreement allows you to save a significant amount of money on transportation costs.The ability to establish a precise timing schedule that takes into account the consequences of extended delivery times is critical to make the most of container transportation.
Special Note for Amazon sellers or other online platform sellers: The Timing for “Air freight + UPS” and “LCL Shipment (sea freight) + UPS”.
These combination services are chosen by Amazon sellers and other online platform sellers due to the cost control and time arrangement flexibility they provide (for example, when a seller needs a partial shipment immediately to prevent running out of goods).Combination services often give customs declaration from both ends (China and the United States) or clearing services, which sellers like since it relieves them of the burden of dealing with unneeded paperwork.Typically, air freight with UPS shipping takes 10-15 days longer than air flight shipping.When the shipment arrives in the United States, the agent will be responsible for arranging customs clearance and then delivering the item to the UPS warehouse, according to the legal process.After that, UPS will take care of the final distribution.
- This demonstrates that there are more handling operations, which results in a longer processing time.
- In contrast, the combined service of ocean shipping and UPS (UPS or FedEx) is faster than a standard container shipment since it will select a fast vessel for its first trip and a courier (UPS or FedEx) for its last step.
- This significantly reduces the time required for inland truck container transportation.
- In the real procedure, it achieves a difference in time of 10 days from the original schedule.
- When shipping to an Amazon FBA facility, ocean shipping combined with UPS is preferred.
- In addition to being more comfortable, it allows for faster handling and easier product administration, which helps to ensure that you never run out of stock and that you receive positive comments on your product listings.
One key feature that significantly affects shipping time and cost for every transportation method:
How Long Does It Take to Ship from China to the US?
Do you want to order anything from China, but you need it by a certain date?You can perhaps be running a business and want to ensure that your shipments from China arrive in a predictable time frame?How long does it take for a package to be shipped from China to the United States?For various shipping methods, the following is a breakdown of how long it takes to transport a package from China to the United States: The time required for express freight transportation varies depending on the courier company: You must also take into account other elements that may contribute to the lengthening of the shipping time from China to the United States.One such element is the celebration of national holidays in countries such as China or the United States.
- According to insiders in the shipping sector, the current situation has ″possible rippling effects″ that might affect the timing and cost of shipments.
- A number of Fulfillment Centers (FCs) are located in Mainland China and Hong Kong, which you may utilize to send products from China to customers in the United States.
- Many e-commerce businesses rely on these facilities to send their products to clients in the United States.
- Consequently, instead of delivering the goods straight to the United States, Fulfillment Centers transport the goods to Hong Kong, where they are transferred to any location in the world within a few of days after being received.
- FCs provide both budget and rapid air freight services.
- Continue reading to discover more about how long it takes to transport a package from China to the United States, as well as the fastest and most cost-effective shipping options.
How Long Does It Take to Ship from China to the US?
The amount of time it takes for you to get a delivery from China is determined on the sort of shipping or courier service that you choose. You can choose from the following shipping options:
1. Regular Post
The shipment period for regular or standard shipping will be between 60 and 80 days.A deal between USPS, the United States Postal Service, and the Chinese Postal Service, however, has been reached that can reduce the shipment time to 9 to 12 days.(See sources 1 and 2) You must inform your seller or shipper to use ePacket shipping in order for it to be effective.Your items will be delivered to your U.S.location within two weeks of placing your order.
- If this is not the case, your products will be despatched according to their standard shipment timetable.
2. Express Shipping
The United States and China both have courier services that provide express shipping from China to the United States.This route is serviced by a number of courier companies, including FedEx, DHL, DPD, TNT, USPS, Royal Express, and UPS.It will take them roughly 3 to 7 working days, on average, to send your items from China to the United States of America.Even though some couriers have speedier transit periods, they are only capable of delivering small products.Their shipping prices are quite high.
- In order to send bigger quantities of material, you will need to hire freight or container shippers.
- It will, without a doubt, take longer to convey greater goods than it will to carry smaller parcels.
- Their size and weight make them more difficult to transport by cargo plane or freighter, and they must first be processed by customs before being permitted to board.
3. Air Freight
If you export your items from China to the United States by air freight via UPS, it will typically take between 8 and 12 days to arrive.When the shipment arrives in the United States, it will be processed.Your agent will be responsible for clearing the shipment through United States Customs and delivering the products to the UPS facility.UPS will pick up the things and transport them to their final destination from there.The time required for these handling processes will be added to the overall delivery time.
- If you need to transport your items as quickly as possible, you may choose Air Express.
- Air Express will transport things from China to the United States in 6 to 8 working days, however their shipping prices are significantly more than those of other shipping companies.
4. Sea Freight
- Of course, sea freight shipping, also known as ocean freight shipping, takes longer than air freight shipping. If you need a package from China to the United States as soon as possible, you may use Ocean Shipping + UPS. Because of the technique or system of shipping, it is significantly faster than a standard container shipment. First and foremost, the items will be transported from China to the United States via rapid sea ship. Second, once the items have arrived in the United States, a courier will be dispatched to deliver the goods to the consumer. FedEx or UPS are two options for the courier service. When compared to using inland container trucks to carry the products, this approach is significantly faster. If you employ this strategy, you may even reduce the shipment time by ten days compared to the standard method. If you ship through sea freight, the actual shipment time will vary depending on a variety of circumstances. Weather, customs checks, work delays, and transport truck delays are examples of these issues. Shipments from China to various locations in the United States take an average of the following amount of time to arrive (LCL stands for ″less than container load″ and FCL refers for ″full container load″): US West LCL delivery time is 25-30 business days
- US West FCL delivery time is 18 business days
- US East LCL delivery time is 35-40 business days
- US East FCL delivery time is 28-30 business days.
How Long Are Shipping Lead Times?
When sending products, you must take into account the shipping lead times since they will affect the overall amount of time it will take to ship the items. Don’t neglect delivery lead times because failing to do so might result in you receiving your item much later than anticipated. If you own a business, this might result in a loss of revenue.
Lead Times for Sea Freight
- Sea freight is the most time-consuming mode of transportation. Its benefit, on the other hand, is that it is the most cost-effective. A timeline of delivery times from port to port, commencing in Hong Kong and ending at various points in the United States, is shown in the following table. The flight from Hong Kong to New York takes 32 days, whereas the flight from Hong Kong to Los Angeles takes 20 days.
When calculating the lead time for marine freight, it is necessary to include in a minimum of seven days. There are occasions when it will take more than seven days to transport a shipment from the port of origin to the port of destination due to the time necessary to load and unload the cargo.
Lead Times for Air Freight
- Air freight accounts for roughly 30 percent of all foreign products handled by air freight. However, when it comes to the overall number of products transported, air freight accounts for only a minor fraction of the total. The reason for this is the rapidity with which air freight can deliver the items. Deliveries from Hong Kong to anyplace in the globe are made possible by air freighters such as TNT, DHL, and FedEx, which take only a few days to complete. However, speedier delivery comes at a higher financial expense. It is possible to spend 10 times more money shipping by air than by water or land. In the event that you are willing to wait a few extra days, you might select to ship your products via economy air freight. It is unquestionably faster than sea freight, but it is also significantly less expensive than rapid air freight. Express air freight shipping from China to the United States requires a three- to four-day lead time. When shipping from China to the United States, economy air freight takes more than twice as long, with lead times ranging from seven to twelve days. When it comes to shipping lead periods, most shippers adhere to the rule of thumb. According to this rule of thumb, ordinary mail takes 1 to 2 weeks
- express mail takes 2 to 7 days
- air freight takes 8 to 12 days
- and sea freight takes 25 to 40 days.
Expected Shipping Time vs Reality for Shipping from China to the US
It has been confirmed by several different shippers that the cheapest, regular delivery from China will take between 5 to 8 weeks – from the time of shipment to when the products are actually delivered.This period of time takes into consideration the possibility of delays in customs processing in the United States.As a result, it is possible that the real time will be half of the predicted time.Customer in the United States shared his or her real-life experience with the product On September 26, 2018, he placed an order with a Chinese manufacturer for an item.The item was shipped out by the Chinese firm the same day it was ordered.
- On the 11th of October, it was delivered at his home.
- As a result, in his situation, mailing the goods took around two weeks, or 14 days.
- Following his conclusion, he said it is reasonable to expect that the products would be delivered to your front door within 15 to 16 days at the maximum, or slightly more than 2 weeks.
- This is a best-guess estimate, and actual results may differ.
- From China to California, there is a lot to see.
- Shipping a shipment by sea freight from China to the West Coast of the United States will take anywhere between 18 and 30 days to complete.
- Shipping the same goods through air freight will only take 2 to 5 days, depending on the distance traveled.
- Because of customs processing and documentation requirements, as well as the lead periods for loading and unloading, cargo shipping from China to the United States West Coast will take longer than usual.
- From China to New York, it’s a long way.
- The East Coast of the United States is geographically farther distant from China than the West Coast of the United States.
- As a result, shipping times from China to the United States, whether by water or air, will be lengthier than usual.
- Shipments of products via sea freight from China to the East Coast of the United States often take 30 to 40 days to reach their destination.
- The time required for air freight is almost the same as that required for the West Coast of the United States.
How to Choose the Fastest and Most Economical Shipping
Air Express is the most efficient method of transporting products from China to the United States.It is, on the other hand, the most costly.If you are able to wait a few of extra days, you should request that your Chinese supplier ship your items by air economy.This alternative is pretty inexpensive, and it is also not very sluggish.You can also combine several shipping methods.
- Air freight is an option for some products that need to be delivered quickly.
- When shipping additional things that will be delivered at a later date, consider using sea freight.
- You may benefit from both increased speed and lower expenses in this manner.
- Furthermore, you may split the commodities based on their volume as well as their worth.
- Sea freight should be used for larger products, and air freight should be used for smaller items.
- However, the idea is that you will be able to maximize delivery time while also enjoying lesser charges.
- Certain considerations must be made while transporting products from China to the United States.
- Here are a few of them.
- Some of these factors are not directly connected to shipping, but they can have an impact on shipment time and shipping prices anyway.
- Take into consideration the following:
Get to Know the Holidays of the Chinese
You should be aware that China has a number of public holidays, including seven major holidays.Therefore, businesses in China, large and small, are required to close their doors whenever a holiday is declared.During certain days, they will not be able to work, transport items, or take payments or commodities in any form whatsoever.Make sure to plan your ordering and delivery schedules around these Chinese national holidays.
Mix and Match Your Shipping Needs
You must look at the finest combinations of shipping modes if you want to get your package delivered quickly and at the lowest possible cost. It is possible that you may have to combine air freight with marine freight in order to receive the finest alternatives.
Connect with an Experienced Forwarder
Find the most reliable forwarder in China, as well as in the United States. With the help of this forwarder, you will be able to concentrate on selling your products rather than spending the majority of your time dealing with shipping issues.
Conclusion – How Long Does It Take to Ship from China to the US?
- How long does it take for a package to be shipped from China to the United States? Depending on the kind of shipment and the shipping firm employed, shipping time from China to the United States might take several weeks or even months. The following are the times required to ship from China to the United States using various shipping methods: Postage on a regular basis is 1 to 2 weeks.
- Expedited air freight takes 2 to 7 days
- standard air freight takes 8 to 12 days
- and sea freight takes 25 to 40 days.
- Using various shipping providers, the following are the times required to transport packages: UPS takes 2 to 3 working days
- FedEx International Priority takes 2 to 3 working days
- DHL takes 3 to 5 working days
- FedEx International Economy takes 4 to 5 working days
- SF-Express takes 5 to 7 working days
- and FedEx International Economy takes 4 to 5 working days.
Previously, I discussed the time it takes to receive goods from China in a general sense.Make use of this information, together with the suggestions, to have your item(s) transported as quickly and affordably as you possibly can.According to my study, many firms are pleased with FedEx International Economy since it strikes the proper mix between cost and delivery timeframe.After shipping from China a sufficient number of times, you will develop your own preferred way that you can rely on for yourself or your organization.Check out these related articles: DHL vs.
- FedEx vs.
- UPS What Is UPS Mail Innovations and How Does It Work?
- What Does It Mean to Be in Transit by the Post Office?
- Pick and pack your belongings
How long does it take to ship via China Post?
If you’re shipping by China Post, it’s difficult to offer a definitive estimate on how long it will take.The delivery time varies depending on the method used to transport the goods and the country to which it is being sent.In most circumstances, foreign shipments shipped by China Post would arrive between 15 and 60 days after being dispatched.Some packages shipped using low-cost methods may take as long as three to six months to arrive in their intended location.
Estimated Delivery Time
The delivery time is often determined by the processing time of the post office and the condition of customs clearance.The following timing is provided solely for your convenience.1.In the case of an Air Parcel: In the direction of China Visiting neighboring countries: 7 – 15 working days To European and American nations, the transit time is between 10 and 30 days.To other nations and regions, the travel time is between 15 and 40 days.
- The time required for a Surface Air Lift (SAL) parcel is between 30 and 60 days.
- 3 – 60 to 120 days for surface parcels
How is your package processed after you make the order?
1.The vendor typically sends the package within 1-5 business days of receiving your order.Some of the sellers pass it over to China Post on their own initiative.Some may choose to send it first from the city in which he resides to the other city in which the express agency with whom they are affiliated is situated.The express company will take care of it as soon as they receive the shipment.
- The majority of express agencies in China are concentrated in the country’s coastal cities.
- It takes around 3 days for the package to arrive at the express agency.
- Following receipt of the shipment by China Post, it will be forwarded to the relevant International Service Center for processing.
- It will board an airline after passing through security screening.
- (3-5 business days) Following their arrival in the target country, the packages will be handed to Customs for examination.
- Once it has been released by customs, it will be distributed to local post offices for distribution.
- (5 to 20 days) –
Estimated Delivery Time in Different Procedures
|Procedure||Ordinary Mail (Untraceable)||Registered Mail (Traceable)||EUB (Traceable)||EMS (Traceable)|
|Seller’s Storage Time Before Shipping||1-5 days||1-3 days||1-3 days||1-2 days|
|Collecting and Dispatching Time to the Destination||2-5 days||2-5 days||2-5 days||1-2 days|
|Days from China to the Destination Country||15-40 days||7-20 days||7-15 days||3-7 days|
|Transit Time to Local Post Office for Delivery||5-10 days||3-5 days||2-3 days||1-2 days|
|Delivery||1-2 days||1-2 days||1-2 days||1-2 days|
|Total||25-60 days||14-35 days||14-28 days||7-15 days|
Keep in mind that after the shipment arrives in the target country, it will be handled by the local postal agency. When it arrives in the United States, for example, it will be handled by the United States Postal Service. In Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada, Australia Post, the Royal Mail, and Canada Post will each handle it independently.
Estimated Arrival Time to Different Countries
|Destination||Ordinary Mail (Untraceable)||Registered Mail (Traceable)||EUB (Traceable)||EMS (Traceable)|
|US||40-90 Days||10-60 Days||10-40 Days||7-20 Days|
|Australia||40-90 Days||10-60 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Canada||40-90 Days||10-60 Days||15-40 Days||7-20 Days|
|UK||40-90 Days||7-40 Days||10-35 Days||7-20 Days|
|France||40-90 Days||7-50 Days||15-40 Days||7-20 Days|
|Brazil||40-90 Days||7-50 Days||15-45 Days||7-20 Days|
|India||30-60 Days||10-50 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Indonesia||30-60 Days||10-25 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Italy||40-90 Days||10-30 Days||15-40 Days||7-20 Days|
|Japan||30-60 Days||5-20 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Malaysia||30-60 Days||12-30 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|New Zealand||30-60 Days||7-15 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Philippines||30-60 Days||10-20 Days||10-25 Days||7-15 Days|
|Pakistan||30-60 Days||12-50 Days||7-20 Days||7-15 Days|
|Russia||30-60 Days||7-40 Days||7-30 Days||7-15 Days|
|Saudi Arabia||40-90 Days||15-50 Days||10-40 Days||7-20 Days|
|Singapore||30-60 Days||7-15 Days||7-20 Days||7-15 Days|
|South Africa||40-90 Days||40-90 Days||15-45 Days||7-20 Days|
|Thailand||30-60 Days||5-15 Days||7-20 Days||7-15 Days|
|Turkey||40-90 Days||10-35 Days||7-20 Days||7-20 Days|
|UAE||40-90 Days||10-30 Days||7-20 Days||7-20 Days|
|Vietnam||30-60 Days||10-25 Days||7-20 Days||7-15 Days|
Questions and Answers
Hi,. Why is my parcel not receiving any updates after 6 days after the previous update? Also, I would want to know when my package is expected to arrive and what the predicted delivery time is. Thank you for your time. Regards, Best Regards Someone 2 Answer(s) |Asked by someone on 3/7/2022 3:21:27 AM | Total of 2 answers
Whereabouts of packages
Hello, I’ve placed an order on Wish and the anticipated delivery time has already passed for a month. I’m just wondering when these items will be delivered and where they are now located. Thanks in advance. Wisconsin 004396256017FPL, Wisconsin 004408982570FPL, Wisconsin 004413332705FPL, Wisconsin 004413332705FPL Question by Eez885 on December 29, 2021 at 2:19:22 a.m. | 1 answer(s)
shipping by your company package delay
Hello, I’ve placed an order on Wish and the anticipated delivery time has already passed for a month. I’m wondering when these items will be delivered and where they are now located. Thank you. There are three different types of WI004396256017FPL: WI004408982570FPL, WI004413332705FPL, and WI004413332705FPL. Question by Eez885 on December 29, 2021 at 2:19:22 a.m. | 1 answer(s) provided
China Post Tracking – Track and Trace your package from China
- Once you have received a shipment id for your China Post item, you may track it. There are various options for accomplishing this: You may monitor your parcel on the China Post website (information is only available in Chinese)
- on the official website of your national postal service
- right here on this page – input your tracking code into the search bar above and click ″Track a shipment.″
Please keep in mind that only registered mail can be tracked all the way from China to your doorstep.
Official China Post tracking page: pros and cons
Take a look at the postal tracking page on the China Post website, which is as follows: Due to the fact that all of the material is in Chinese, you may need to do the following steps:
- Look for a search bar. Enter your tracking number in the appropriate field.
- Once you click on the green button, you will be presented with a captcha (the one under the search bar). Solution: Relocate the missing piece to its proper location in the captcha.
- You may now enter your tracking code in the newly appeared gray box.
- Obtain information on your package
After all, what exactly are its advantages and disadvantages? Advantages: it is an official and trustworthy source.
- Cons: The URL changes every now and then
- it is difficult to locate while browsing the China Post website
- an English version is not accessible
- it may take many attempts to pass the captcha
- For what reason is Postal Ninja preferable to the official tracking page? When it comes to end-to-end tracking, Postal Ninja is one of the greatest resources available.. Our postal tracker collects and analyzes data from all carriers engaged in the delivery process in real time. It depicts the whole shipping process, from the time a shipment arrives at a sorting facility until the time it is delivered. A simple interface
- just one tracking number is necessary
- English status tracking
- timely updates and information processing
- ability to retain tracking history
- registered users do not have to re-enter tracking codes
- Cons: There are certain drawbacks.
How long will China Post parcel arrive my country? How long will my tracking status be updated? – Tracking System for China Post Registered Mail, EMS, ePacket
It is impossible to predict the precise arrival time of a China Post International Parcel, which is the answer to the first question.In reality, not only China Post, but also Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post, and any other country’s postal service are experiencing the same issue.The following are the factors that contribute to this problem of uncertain arrival: International shipments sent by China Post are really routed through a network known as the Global Postal Union.The members of this organization are postal firms or post ministries from various nations, and it includes representatives from the vast majority of the world’s countries.As a result, shipments from China will pass through several of the member nations of the European Union before reaching their final destination.
- The delivery is the responsibility of the post office in the destination country.
- Important point to remember is that once a parcel has been delivered to customs or an airline and is on its way to another union member’s system, China Post no longer has control over the parcel and will not even know the exact status and location of the parcel until another union member country scans the parcel in question.
- The parcel status will seem to be frozen or trapped in such states as ″sent to aircraft″, ″export security scan″, ″export customs scan″ and other similar statuses for an extended period of time after China Post loses control of the item in tracking results (2 to 4 weeks in regular season, and 4 to 8 weeks in rush season).
- Whenever the next postal union member scans and sends the data back to China Post through the Global postal Union’s computer system, China Post updates the parcel’s status with the updated information.
- If the destination country does not scan the package, or if the destination country does not submit the scan result to GPU, the status will remain frozen indefinitely.
- If your parcel status remains in STA, ESS, or ECS status for more than a couple of weeks, it does not necessarily indicate that your parcel is experiencing a difficulty.
- In the case of one exception, if your package contains any of the items on this list, it will be refused by customs and the airline.
- In this instance, the status will also be frozen, and you will need to start a dispute with the shipper in order to obtain a refund.
- Although we are unable to forecast the precise arrival time, this does not rule out the possibility of knowing something about the arrival time.
- To be more precise, we can estimate the approximate delivery time by analyzing prior shipment statistics and user comments.
- Take a look at our arrival time statistic report, where you can quickly determine the average arrival time, the maximum arrival time, and the quickest arrival time of parcels sent to your destination country.
- Arrival times during rush season may be twice or treble those during the normal season.
- There are a variety of other elements that might influence the arrival time, such as national events and festivals, traffic conditions at the departure port, and so on.
- For additional information, please visit our forum.
- Distribute the article ″How long will it take for a China Post package to reach in my country?
- How long will it take for my tracking information to be updated?″
Track Package from China – Trackingmore
Follow the progress of parcels dispatched by all carriers in China.Is it possible that your package’s courier is in China?Are you concerned about the language barrier?Don’t be concerned!Trackingmore can assist you in resolving this issue.
- Trackingmore works with more than 121 Chinese courier companies.
- No matter whatever courier service you pick, we can provide you with accurate tracking information that is identical to what you can find on the official website of that particular carrier.
- With our assistance, you’ll be able to monitor all of your deliveries from a variety of different carriers in one convenient location.
- Now is the time to try it!
- Logistics firms may be identified automatically.
- Are you getting bored of using the China courier service all of the time?
- Don’t be concerned!
- You can store your most often used China couriers by using our cutting-edge automated recognition technology.
- Even if the courier isn’t on your ″most-used list,″ we can still identify it and provide you with the most up-to-date information, allowing you to monitor your package more effectively and efficiently.
- Pay a visit right now!
- Email notifications sent in real time Do you have to have your laptop or phone open all the time to access the website?
- ″Email Subscriptions″ is an excellent solution to your problem and might help you to feel less anxious.
- After purchasing something from China on the internet, we are unable to stop ourselves from checking ″where is the parcel.″ Waiting time is a constant source of frustration, but Trackingmore can help you break free!
- After configuring email subscriptions, you will be able to get real-time update notifications through email.
- There will be no more checking!
Make your China internet purchasing experience a breeze.Are you getting bored of trying to trace your cargo on a variety of official websites?Trackingmore can be of use to you!There is no need to be concerned about receiving many parcels from China on various buying websites because you can look for any couriers in China, including China Post, China EMS, S.F.Express, Yanwen, Yun Express, 4PX, and other similar servi