A small PO Box is $28-$150 for the same time period. The PO Box price for a medium-size box is $42-$250; large is $62-$400; and an extra large PO Box costs between $109-$625 for six months. What is a PO Box?
Renting a small P.O. box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75. A full breakdown of the costs in each region is available on the U.S. Postal Service website.
Three factors determine the cost of renting a P.O. box: The length of time it will be rented. The size of the box. Its physical location. Renting a small P.O. box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75.
How much does a USPS PO Box cost?
“ PO Box ” (CC BY-SA 2.0) by Martin Cathrae How much does a USPS PO box cost? On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City.
How much does it cost to rent a post office box?
How much does a USPS PO box cost? On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. The costs will really depend on what size you need and where you live.
How to lease a post office box in Australia?
Go to the Australia Post PO Box website, click Apply online with MyPost, enter your details to sign up for MyPost. Step 2: Select your PO Box location. Scroll down and select lease, then enter your address, suburb or post code to find a convenient PO Box location for you. Then select your PO Box size and number to finalise your lease.
What size post office box do I Need?
Measuring 11 inches by 11 inches, the large PO boxes have enough room for small parcels and plenty of letters. The largest post office box option will measure around 12 by 22.5 inches. It will be a good option if you expect to receive parcels or a large amount of mail.
How much does it cost to open a PO Box?
The Cost of PO Boxes. When looking at how much a PO box costs, it will depend on the size and location. See all the various costs of PO boxes below. 3-Months in a Competitive Location. Extra Small; $13-$44. Small; $17-$87. Medium; $26-$144. Large; $37-$230. Extra Large; $64-$360. 3-Months in a Market Dominant Location. Extra Small; $13-$34. Small; $17-$50
How do you rent a post office box?
– Private, non-government services are available to rent private mailboxes from. – Private companies will often offer competitive advantages over their government run counterparts. – You can try searching online for a service near you. – There are also government run services that can rent you private mailboxes.
How Much is a PO Box?
- ″What exactly is a Post Office (PO) Box?″ you might wonder. Alternatively, ″how can I obtain a PO Box?″ Alternatively, you may have already made up your mind and are simply inquiring as to ″how much do they cost?″ This page contains all of the information you need to know about USPS PO Boxes. What is a PO Box? What is the cost of a PO Box? Why should I obtain a PO Box?
- What is the procedure for obtaining a PO Box?
- What exactly are Premium Postal Boxes Services?
- Is it possible to acquire a PO Box without having to pay for it?
- Is there a procedure regarding refunds for PO Boxes at the post office?
Let’s get this party started! There’s a lot to talk about.
- Don’t want to know all of the specifics?
- These are the price ranges for USPS PO Boxes that you may expect.
- The following tables have text-align set to ″left,″ padding set to ″10px 20px,″ and borders set to ″1px solidDDD.″ The color of the table top is 333; the background color is f7f7f7; and the font is Arial.
- The table th and the table td are text-aligned to the left; the padding is 10px 20px; the border is 1px solidddd; the marker is color:f5333f; and the heading is text-align: left.
|PO Box Size||3-Month Period||6-Month Period|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625|
What is a PO Box?
- Post offices and post office boxes (also known as PO Boxes) are an alternative if you wish to send personal or business mail in a more secure manner and keep your home address private.
- In particular, they are the most practical alternative for independent contractors, city dwellers, and frequent travelers, to mention a few groups.
- A PO Box, also known as a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox that can only be entered with a key or a code, depending on the precise location of the post office where it is located.
- In most cases, the box is located in the post office lobby and is used to collect mail that you don’t want sent to your house.
How much is a PO Box?
- What is the source of such vast pricing variations? There are a variety of elements that influence the pricing of a USPS PO Box, including the following: location
- payment term
- additional costs
- and other factors.
- The price of your post office box is heavily influenced by the location of the box.
- Depending on whether your location is labeled ″competitive″ or ″market dominating,″ different post offices have varying pricing codes.
- ″Competitive post offices″ are permitted to charge greater fees in return for providing extra services — such as electronic notice of the receipt of mail, signature on file, and extended hours of operation — than traditional post offices.
- In order to determine the cost of a PO Box, the next item to consider is the size that you require. PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go. The majority of post office boxes are 14.75″ deep. Extra-small post office boxes (3″ x 5.5″) are available. These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines each.
- Small Postal Service Boxes (5″ x 5.5″)
- Petite post office boxes may accommodate up to 15 mail and 5 rolled magazines.
- Medium Postal Boxes (5.5″ x 11″) are available.
- These mailboxes are ideal for storing big envelopes and periodicals that need to be piled horizontally.
- PO Boxes with a large footprint (11″ x 11″)
- The enormous PO Box, which is twice as tall as the regular one, is so spacious that you can place two shoe boxes inside and still have enough for 10-15 mail.
- Extra-large post office boxes (12″ x 22.5″) are available. The biggest PO Box that is currently available can accommodate numerous Flat Rate Boxes and shipments.
- Choosing the appropriate size for your PO Box is the next factor to consider when deciding its price.
- PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go to get one.
- 14.75″ is the average depth of a post office box.
- 3″ x 5.5″ Extra-Small Postal Boxes These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines.
- 5 x 5.5-inch Postal Service Boxes
15 letters and 5 rolled magazines can fit in a small post office box;
5.5″ x 11″ Medium Postal Boxes
Big envelopes and periodicals may be placed flat in these mailboxes, which are ideal for large families.
PO Boxes that are 11″ x 11″ in size
Two shoe boxes can fit inside the large PO Box, which is twice as tall as the little one and still has capacity for 10-15 letters.Boxes with a 12-inch by 22-inch opening There are many Flat Rate Boxes and shipments that can be stored in the biggest PO Box accessible.
- The length of time it takes to pay the rental price is another crucial consideration when attempting to figure how much it will cost.
- The post office may allow you to rent and pay for your mailbox in 3-month or 6-month increments, depending on the service you pick.
- Some companies also offer payment terms of 12 months.
- In general, paying for a period of 6-12 months at a time results in the best value.
- There are certain establishments that even have a ″baker’s dozen″ special going on.
Have you ever purchased 12 bagels and received an additional one for free?Reserve your PO Box for a period of 12 months, and certain locations will include the 13th month at no additional charge.
- The rental charge payment time is another key consideration when attempting to figure how much it will cost.
- Your mailbox can be rented and paid for in either 3-month or 6-month increments, depending on the post office.
- Some companies also provide payment terms of 12 months.
- When you pay for 6-12 months at a time, you often receive the greatest rate.
- The ″baker’s dozen″ promotion is also available at some locations.
Have you ever purchased 12 bagels and received a free bonus baguette as a bonus?Some locations will include the 13th month at no additional charge if you reserve your PO Box for 12 months or longer.
|PO Box Size||3-Month “Competitive” Location||6-Month “Competitive” Location||3-Month “Market Dominant” Location||6-Month “Market Dominant” Location|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75||$13-$34||$21-$57|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150||$17-$50||$28-$84|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250||$26-$87||$42-$145|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400||$37-$159||$62-265|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625||$64-$249||$109-$416|
Why get a PO Box?
- Security Do you have concerns regarding the security of your mail?
- Alternatively, you may choose to keep your home business mail distinct from your personal mail.
- A post office box is the ideal answer.
- Whether it’s the Amazon parcels that never arrived or the dog that lives next door that has a thing for envelopes, renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.
- Privacy According to your profession, you may wish to avoid disclosing your home address to potential clients.
As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing address and other personal information.With a PO Box, you can secure both the privacy of your mail and the protection of your personal information.Accessibility Because your PO Box will most likely be located in the lobby of the post office, you’ll be able to retrieve your mail whenever the post office lobby is open during business hours.Many sites provide access to the lobby at all hours of the day or during extended hours, making it even more convenient to check your mail.Delivery Timeframes One of the most significant benefits of having a PO Box is that you will often receive your mail more quickly than you would if you had a residential address.Because your mailbox will be located just inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
How do I get a PO Box?
- Security You’re scared that your mail won’t go through?
- Do you wish to segregate your home business mail from your personal mail, or both?
- Postal service boxes are an excellent option for small businesses.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s the Amazon shipments that never arrived or the dog that lives next door that has a thing for envelopes; renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.
- Privacy According to your profession, you may wish to avoid disclosing your home address to strangers.
As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing information.The privacy of your mail and your home address are protected when you use a PO Box.Accessibility As a result, you’ll be able to retrieve your mail whenever the post office lobby is open, as long as you have a PO Box, which is usually in the lobby.Checking your mail is made even more easy by the fact that many locations provide access to the lobby around the clock or during extended hours.Rapidity of delivery A PO Box has a number of advantages, the most important of which is that you will often receive your mail more quickly than you would if you were using your home address.Due to the fact that your mailbox will be located just inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
- Fill out the form on the USPS PO Boxes website using your location or zip code to find a USPS PO Box near you.
- Then, using the map, find the post office that is the most convenient for you.
- Selecting it will bring up a list of the sizes they have available as well as information on their hours and driving instructions.
- Select the size of the box you’re interested in, and you’ll be given the option of reserving the box or joining the waiting list.
- If the box you desire is still available, you can pick between three different payment options: 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month.
Adding your name to a waiting list will ensure that you get the size you desire at your selected location if it is not currently available.NOTE: If you want to be placed on a waiting list for the size box you like, a notification will be sent to you via email or phone when the size box becomes available at your specified post office.You will have two days to reserve the box before it is offered to the next person on the waiting list.) The rest is a piece of cake!Simply complete the online application (PS Form 1093), provide your contact and billing information, and click the ″Submit″ button to begin the process.To authenticate your identity and obtain your keys from the post office, you’ll have 30 days to do so.Print your paperwork, gather two forms of valid identification from the United States, and head down to the post office where you reserved your PO Box before the deadline passes.
- The in-person application process is likewise straightforward.
- You will still need to complete the online application (PS Form 1093), which you can either pick up at your local post office or print off from your home computer.
- Take two kinds of identification (including a photo ID) with you when you go to the post office to ensure that they recognize you as the person you claim to be.
- Even while the post office where you bring in your application does not have to be the same as the one that holds your PO Box, it does have to provide window service, so double-check before leaving the house.
What are Premium PO Box Services?
- Do you want to make your life even more convenient?
- Free premium services are available from the United States Postal Service at some of their locations (particularly in competitive regions), and it’s absolutely worth inquiring about them.
- These premium services, which include anything from handling large shipments to receiving smartphone notifications when you have mail to providing extended lobby hours, are incredibly convenient and beneficial.
- Your PO Box should have a physical street address.
- In the case of online shoppers or those who get a lot of large goods, you can use the street address of the post office where you have a PO Box instead of your home address as your postal address.
For example, if your post office is located at 700 Smith Avenue and your PO Box is number 27, the address for your PO Box would be 700 Smith Avenue27.You’ll be able to receive mail and packages from the majority of carriers, including FedEx and UPS, if you do it this way.Please read the customer agreement carefully before submitting your information, since there are certain regulations and limitations to this offer.Keep a copy of the signature on file.The lineups at the post office are the worst.The majority of the time, if you get specified forms of mail, such as insured packages that require your signature, you’ll be required to go to the counter and sign them in.
With USPS PO Box premium services, you may preserve a record of your signature and eliminate the inconvenience of mailing it (and the lines).Key deposit has been waived.The USPS often requires a deposit for the first two keys to your box, which is around $50.
- Are you looking to save a few dollars?
- Set up your box in a post office that provides a higher level of service (they waive this fee).
- Keep in mind that you’ll still be responsible for the $8 price if you need to obtain additional keys.
- Hours have been extended.
Working late and not able to make it to the post office during regular lobby hours?No problem.Not to be concerned.Because of its premium services, some post offices extend their opening hours to allow you to reach the post office lobby and pick up your mail.
What are the disadvantages of getting a PO Box?
- Even with all of its benefits, obtaining a PO Box does have some disadvantages to consider.
- Not every correspondence is accepted.
- It is possible that your local post office does not provide premium services, in which case you will not be able to receive packages or mail from any carriers other than the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- It is the only organization that is authorized to deliver mail to your PO Box.
- In order for those Amazon deliveries or the gift basket from your great aunt to arrive at your home, they will need to be delivered there.
You will be required to pay a rental charge.As you are aware, post office boxes are not provided for free.They must be paid for and renewed at predetermined intervals, as well as on an annual basis.Depending on your location, size, and rental duration, you may find yourself spending more money on your postal service than you would want.There is a limited number of spaces available.If there isn’t a Post Office Box accessible near you, you may have to drive to a different location to pick up your correspondence.
This isn’t exactly optimal.Also possible is that the size box you want isn’t available at your local post office, necessitating yet another trip to the post office to get your mail.
Does the post office have a PO Box refund policy?
- You worked out how to get a post office box near you and reserved the optimum size for six months — only to be transferred for work a few months after you made the decision.
- You have a PO Box, what do you do with it?
- There’s good news!
- It’s possible that you’ll be entitled for a refund.
- The USPS has two refund rules, one for active PO boxes and another for dormant PO boxes, which must be followed in order to get a refund.
I’m curious to know which one it is.If you have already picked up your keys, your box is operational.
How to request a refund
- For those who wish to receive a refund for their costs, they can submit a refund request either online or in person at the post office where their box is situated.
- Both approaches are quite straightforward in their execution.
- In order to submit your request online, you must first log into your USPS account and then click the ″Manage Your Account″ section.
- From there, you may terminate your account and seek a reimbursement.
- When requesting a refund in person, all you have to do is go to the post office where your PO Box is located and ask for a refund at a service window.
Keep in mind to bring your key(s) with you as well!
How to request a refund — inactive PO boxes
Fortunately, obtaining a refund for a PO Box for which you did not pick up the keys is a straightforward process. The post office should repay you in full if you have not used your account for 30 days. If you cancel within 30 days, you will still receive a full refund, but you will be required to submit a refund request first.
How to request a refund — active PO boxes
Refunds for active PO boxes are a little more difficult to process: Rental period of three months: Despite the fact that you are not eligible for a refund, you may still cancel your PO Box online.
- If you cancel your PO Box within the first three months of your six-month rental period, you will receive a 50 percent return. Once you reach the beginning of the fourth month, you will not be able to receive a refund
- 12-month rental: If you shut your PO Box during the first three months, you will receive a 75 percent refund
- if you close it within the first six months, you will receive a 50 percent refund
- and if you close it within the first nine months, you will receive a 25 percent refund. Upon the beginning of the tenth month, you will no longer be eligible for any type of refund
As soon as you’ve determined how much a PO Box costs and how simple it is to obtain one, you can proceed to the post office and protect your mail. Don’t forget to inquire about their premium services! Are you planning to relocate soon? Check out our Epic Moving Checklist for tips on how to become and remain organized throughout your move.
How Much Does a PO Box Cost?
- The most recent update was made on August 8, 2018.
- Unlocked post office boxes (also known as PO boxes) are boxes that are kept in your local post office and are accessible only by the post office’s staff.
- Everyone else who has access to the box is restricted to you and the postal service personnel who deliver your mail to the box.
- If you do not have a mailbox or require an additional mailbox for business purposes, a post office box (PO box) is a convenient method to receive your mail.
- PO boxes are also excellent for maintaining your privacy because they do not utilize your home address.
This may vary depending on your geographic area as well as the size of the PO box you want to rent.
How much does a USPS PO box cost?
- August 8, 2018 – This page has been updated.
- Unlocked post office boxes (also known as PO boxes) are boxes that are kept in your local post office and are accessible only by entering the code on the lock.
- All that has access to the box is you and the postal workers who bring your mail to the box on a daily basis.
- If you do not have access to a mailbox or require an additional mailbox for business purposes, a post office box (PO box) is an excellent option for receiving your mail and other correspondence.
- Because they do not utilize your home address, PO boxes are also excellent for maintaining anonymity.
This will vary depending on your geographic region as well as the size of the PO box you choose.
|Geographical Location||Price Quoted (per month)|
|Fairbanks, AK||S – $19 M – $34 L – $54|
|Las Vegas, NV||XS – $13 S – $19 M – $33 L – $54|
|Los Angeles, CA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43|
|Nampa, ID||XS – $9 S – $12 M – $22 L – $36|
|Philadelphia, PA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43 XL – $65|
|Pittsburgh, PA||XS – $9 S – $11 M – $18 L – $34|
|Raleigh, NC||XS – $8 S – $12 M – $22 L – $36 XL – $57|
|Rogers, AR||XS – $6 S – $7 M – $16 L – $25 XL – $39|
|San Diego, CA||XS – $6 S – $9 M – $16 L – $26|
|San Francisco, CA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43|
|Sarasota, FL||XS – $7 S – $10 M – $19 L – $30 XL – $47|
|Seattle, WA||XS – $13 S – $19 M – $34|
|Whittier, CA||XS – $7 S – $11 M – $19 L – $30 XL – $47|
USPS PO Box sizes
- Extra-small boxes, for example, are 3 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches in size and may accommodate 10 to 15 envelopes.
- A compact box with dimensions of 5 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches may hold up to 20 envelopes or five magazines.
- Medium-sized boxes may hold up to 30 to 40 envelopes and measure 11 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches.
- They are available in various sizes.
- A huge box, which measures 11 x 11 x 14.75 inches, can hold approximately two and a half shoe boxes.
The largest box, referred to as an extra large box, can hold five or more shoe boxes and measures 22.5 x 12 x 14.75 inches in dimensions.
What are the extra costs?
One key will be provided by the post office. The cost of each extra key varies between $3 and $6 depending on the type of key you desire. The cost will be determined by the location of your post office. If you misplace the key to your PO box, you will be charged a fee to re-key the box. A lock replacement cost of $20 as well as a late payment fee of $20 may be assessed.
Tips to know:
- An application for a PO box can be submitted either online or in person.
- Regardless of the path you choose, you will be required to present two pieces of acceptable identification, with at least one of them bearing your image.
- Depending on the post office, some may only provide three or four of the sizes listed above.
- Others may offer all six sizes.
- Because they are all different, it is wise to phone ahead of time to find out what they have available.
In order to get a PO box from a local post office, they will require two kinds of acceptable identification.Identity documents such as your driver’s license, passport, insurance cards, voter registration card, college identification card, and others are acceptable.It is possible that certain post offices will not have PO boxes accessible.In order to find out what they have available, it is essential to phone ahead of time or even go in person.If they do not have anything available, you may either go to a different post office or place your name on a waiting list for anything to become available later.There are particular norms and standards that apply when it comes to refunds, and the post office is capable of providing them.
As an example, while there are no refunds available on 3-month leases, you may get up to 75% of your money back if you cancel during the first three months of a 12-month lease.Although possessing a post office box has several advantages, it also has a number of drawbacks.Several papers and formal processes, for example, will not accept a PO box as a genuine address; for example, The use of a PO box might also be cumbersome due to the fact that you will be required to drive to the post office every day.
- There are a number of advantages to doing so, though.
- For starters, a PO box serves as a permanent mailing address.
- This implies that if you or your company relocates, you won’t have to contact everyone to inform them of the new location.
- Second, a PO box is far more secure than a regular mailbox since you are the only person outside the post office who has access to the key.
Anyone who happens to walk by your home and see your personal mailbox has the ability to open it.Third, you will be able to pick up your mail first thing in the morning rather than having it delivered to your home first thing in the morning.If you are looking forward to receiving a certain item of mail, you will be able to receive it more quickly.Finally, many post offices now offer to scan the exterior of your mail so that you may check online whether you need to go pick it up or not.
This is a great convenience.The amount of mail that may be received by a PO box is limited.A legitimate street address is required for delivery by companies such as UPS, which will not deliver to a post office box.
How can I save money?
- The longer you have your box on rent, the more money you will be able to save over time.
- Contracts for three, six, or twelve months are usually required by the post office when dealing with them.
- If you have the option of driving a long distance, consider using post offices in less crowded locations.
- These are often the post offices that are able to provide the most competitive prices.
- Other local establishments, such as the UPS store and mom and pop shops, should be considered as well.
It’s possible that these establishments will provide greater deals than the post office.The following is a disclaimer about advertising: It is possible that this content contains referral links.For additional information, please refer to our disclosure policy.
Average Reported Cost:$54.75
PO Boxes & Private Bags
1 Collections may take place across a variety of time intervals.For most collections, the standard term is 30 days.2 Please double-check the access hours for your specific PO Box location, as they sometimes vary.3 Fees and costs may apply to parcels delivered to PO Box services by carriers other than Australia Post and StarTrack.Please consult your carrier for details.
- Carriers may elect to pass on these costs to their customers.
- 4 This service cannot be utilized for third-party products that need picture identification and/or personal signature of the recipient, or for things that are delivered outside of regular Post Office business hours.
- There are restrictions on both size and weight.
- a maximum of 50 third-party articles per PO Box billing year is permitted Once the specified allowance of 50 third-party articles has been met, an extra price of $3 will be charged for each subsequent third-party item received within the PO Box billing year.
- 5 PO Box Plus is only accessible at Post Offices that participate in the program.
- The PO Box Plus service is intended just for personal, non-commercial use.
- 6 It costs $24 a year for PO Box Plus, which is pro-rated and invoiced at a rate of $2 per month depending on when you join up for the service.
- 7 Pricing for high-demand CBD sites or PO Box locations that are hard to come by.
- Australia Post has established that this policy applies to PO Box services in Canberra, Hobart and Darwin GPOs, as well as specific Post Offices around the country.
- People who live on houseboats, watercraft, or on private roads, such as those in a caravan park, gated community, retirement village, or defence force barracks, are not included in this definition.
The service is only accessible to clients whose residential or business address does not get delivery from Australia Post, and each non-delivery address is eligible for one reduced cost PO Box or lockable bag at the local Post Office.(Please keep in mind that evaluation may take up to seven days.) Depending on the conditions of the delivery, customers may be charged the entire fee.9 Mail redirection from your street address to your new PO Box is provided free of charge for new leases for a period of six months (not from one PO Box to another PO Box).
When you go to pick up your new PO Box keys, be sure to have your mail redirection program with you.10 The delivery of packages through red doors is subject to size and availability limits.
Whether you need a PO BoxTM for business or personal reasons, the United States Postal Service® (USPS®) provides a variety of sizes to store your mail and parcels safely at a Post OfficeTM location near you.Many locations have access to PO Boxes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and if an item is too large to fit in your box, we’ll hold it for you.You may also be able to take advantage of complimentary Premium PO Box Services, such as smartphone alerts that notify you when you receive new mail.Choose Your Postal Service Box Dimensions At every Post Office location, you can look for a new post office box.Use your current USPS.com account or create a new one to make your reservation.
- Attempt to locate a new post office box The address or ZIP CodeTM that you supplied was not recognized.
- Make sure you input a street address, a city address, and a state address, or a five-digit US ZIP CodeTM.
- Do you already have a post office box?
- Save time by making a payment for the PO Box you are in charge of through the internet.
- Maintain control of your PO Box.
- Once you’ve reserved a PO Box at the Post Office, you may link it to your USPS.com account and manage it from anywhere in the world with ease.
- Link You may be certain that your packages are secure at the Post Office and not left on your doorstep unattended.
- Maintain the secrecy of your home address and the confidentiality of crucial papers to ensure your safety.
- Get your mail whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Some sites offer 24-hour access, while others offer longer hours.
Step 1: Use the search box located under ″Reserve a New PO Box″ to look for Post Office locations in your neighborhood.Step 2: Select a Post Office location and make your preferences regarding the size of your PO Box and the length of time you wish to pay.Step 3: To reserve your PO Box, fill out the form with your contact and billing details.
Step 1: Go to ″Manage Account″ and login in with your USPS.com credentials to complete the process.Step 2: On the ″Manage Your Account″ tab, locate your PO Box and click on ″Setup Auto-Renew″ to have it automatically renew.Changing your payment term is optional, however you should consider enrolling on Automatic Renewal.
Step 1: Click on the ″Link″ button above and sign in using your USPS.com account credentials.Fill out the form by entering your PO Box number, ZIP CodeTM, and last name or company name.Step 3: Double-check your PO Box information and submit it.You may now manage your PO Box from the comfort of your own home.
Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Size 3: M 5.5″ x 11″ Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Sizes 4 and 5 are 11″ x 11″ and 12″ x 22.5″, respectively.
Get A PO Box Address In The UK: Everything You Need To Know
PO Boxes in the United Kingdom are discussed in detail in this piece, including how much they cost and how to obtain a PO Box address.Already know you’ll need a post office box?For a Free UK PO Box Address, visit the UK Postbox website by clicking on the link provided.PO Boxes have been a component of the United Kingdom’s postal system for more than a century.In most cases, they are located in a Post Office or one of Royal Mail’s sorting facilities, and they allow you to have a separate, secure, and private mailing address from your principal house or place of work.
- PO Boxes are connected with privacy since they provide the owner with security at their place of residence or place of business.
Why would I need a PO Box?
There are a variety of reasons why individuals and businesses choose to use a PO Box address. Possessing a PO Box address allows you to conceal your physical location, allowing you to avoid unwelcome visitors and keep security no matter where you go. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular reasons for getting a PO Box:
Top 6 reasons for having a PO Box Address:
1.Confidentiality and professionalism are important for home-based enterprises.A large number of small enterprises that operate from home do not want their physical location to be made public.A PO Box provides them with additional safety and helps to prevent unwelcome people from showing up at their door.PO Boxes can also help these tiny companies appear more professional by providing a physical address.
- 2 – To prevent unwelcome people from entering the office.
- It is no different for major corporations as it is for tiny corporations that they do not want consumers to show up at their offices without prior notification.
- Insurance companies, call centers, and huge law firms, to name a few, all use Post Office Box Addresses to conceal their physical location.
- Get a physical address in the United Kingdom, no matter where you are in the globe.
- You’d be astonished at the number of individuals who live in other countries yet require a physical address in the United Kingdom.
- Expats, in particular, frequently require a physical address in the United Kingdom once they leave their home country.
- International firms might also profit from having a PO Box in the United Kingdom since it allows them to establish or expand their presence in the country.
- Maintain a mailing address in the United Kingdom while you are temporarily away.
There are a large number of people that temporarily leave the United Kingdom, but what happens to their jobs while they are away?Many people who go to the United Kingdom for work or pleasure will find themselves without access to crucial correspondence until they return home.PO Boxes, in conjunction with an online post management program, such as our own, allow users to continue receiving mail regardless of where they are physically.
5.A permanent address for persons who travel frequently or who are staying in temporary housing.A large proportion of the population moves home at least once a year, increasing the likelihood of vital posts being misplaced or worse, falling into the wrong hands, as a result of this.
Renters are increasingly utilizing PO Boxes so that they may keep their postal address the same no matter where they relocate.Victims of abuse have the right to remain anonymous.When it comes to people who are most vulnerable, privacy is, of course, of utmost significance.Victims of abuse might benefit from having a PO Box, as it helps keep them and their location safe from further harm.
Our staff in the United Kingdom is always available to assist anyone who have been subjected to abuse in any manner.If you would want to have greater postal privacy, please contact us so that you may talk with a member of our staff in the tightest of confidentiality.Are you ready to receive your free Post Office Box Address?CHECK OUT THE PLANS
What’s the difference between a Royal Mail and a UK Postbox PO Box?
For many years, the Royal Mail has provided people and companies with post office boxes (PO Boxes); normally, their service provides you with a physical address at a sorting office, and you may choose whether to receive your mail or have it forwarded to you at a different address.The most significant distinction between UK Postbox’s PO Boxes and Royal Mail’s is flexibility; a UK Postbox PO Box allows you to view and control your mail online, whereas a Royal Mail PO Box does not.Our sophisticated mail app (which is included with all accounts and is free) allows you to view your post from anywhere and control it on an item-by-item basis, unlike Royal Mail, which only allows you to collect or forward your mail to a single place.When mail is delivered to your UK Postbox PO Box, we’ll notify you through email or a push notification from the mobile app, whichever you want.You may then log in from anywhere in the globe and read your messages online, have them forwarded to you, or have them saved for when you’re ready to receive them.
- After then, you may log in and tell us what you’d like us to do with the information.
- To make it easier for you, you may ask us to open and scan it so you can read it online; to forward it to you anywhere in the globe; or to keep it on file for when you’re ready to receive it.
- It’s a post office box that’s been upgraded to be more intelligent.
- In addition, our PO Boxes provide you with a physical address in one of the major cities in the United Kingdom.
- Traditionally, with Royal Mail, you would be required to visit your local sorting office; but, with us, you are not required to do so.
- You may choose from the following cities: London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff, Belfast, and Poole.
How much does a PO Box cost?
When renting a Royal Mail PO Box, the price will vary based on the service you pick. The lowest alternative, in which you pick up your mail at the post office, costs £215 per year on average. Would you like it sent to another UK address? The price then rises to £265 per annually after that. You might receive one letter or a hundred letters, and you’d just have to pay a single set charge.
How much does a PO Box cost with UK Postbox?
PO Box addresses from UK Postbox are completely free.Anyone, regardless of who they are or where they live in the globe, can register for a UK address and will only be required to pay when they begin to receive postal mail.The removal of the set yearly charge is part of our effort to make post office boxes as widely available as possible.This opens up the option of owning a PO Box to even people who only get a few letters each month.In reality, we have some users who only receive a few of letters every year, and who only use the service for the tiniest of tasks here and there.
- Despite the fact that it costs them next to nothing, they get all of the benefits.
Read and manage your post online from anywhere
To summarize, you receive a physical address in the United Kingdom, just as you would with Royal Mail, but with the extra benefit of being able to view and control your mail online, from any location in the globe, exactly as you would with Royal Mail.The value of our service is not so much in the physical PO Box address as it is in the ability to view your mail from any location at any time.As a result, we charge you according on the amount of mail you get.All of our plans include a free PO Box address as well as access to our Advanced Postal Management App.We offer five different options in total.
- The VAT rate in the United Kingdom is 20 percent, although you may not be required to pay this.
Perfect for up to ten letters each month; there is no monthly obligation; you only pay for the postage that you really get.
Letter 10 – £9.00 per month
A beginner package designed for customers who anticipate to receive up to ten letters each month as a result of their subscription.
Letter 25 – £12.00 per month
People who get up to 25 letters each month are eligible for this program.
Letter 50 – £21.00 per month
Plan for persons who get up to 50 letters each month in a high-volume environment.
Letter 100 – £36.00 per month
For customers who get up to 100 letters every month, we offer our highest volume letter subscription.
Not found a plan for you?
Please contact us for a customized quotation. Get a free Postal Box Address by filling out this form. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
How do I get a PO Box?
In the event that you are anticipating hundreds of letters and do not want internet access to your mail, you should visit the Royal Mail website, where you may sign up for their flat rate service.Join us if you require further flexibility, such as the ability to view your mail from any location and the advantage of being able to regulate forwarding on an item-by-item basis, and if you are interested in learning more.The sign-up procedure is quick and simple, and you’ll normally receive your new address within 24 working hours after completing the form.Please visit our price page first so that you may select the plan that best meets your needs.After that, please visit our online mail application, which we call ipostalmail.
- You’ll be prompted to choose a plan and provide information about yourself and your location, after which your account will be established.
- Finally, because we are subject to anti-money-laundering regulations, all of our clients must submit to an identity verification process.
- Depending on who you are (a business or a consumer), the process will differ slightly.
- To ensure you have everything you need, see our page on identity verification before you start your transaction.
- In order to make the procedure as seamless as possible, our identity verification staff is here to assist you.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the live chat option on the site, or visit the contact us page on the site and select your chosen mode of communication.
PO Box alternatives
You can be looking for an address to which you can route your mail, an official address for your company, or a street address in London, among other things.If a PO Box doesn’t quite meet your needs, please see the pages below for additional information on other types of addresses we have available.All of our addresses are equipped with our Advanced Mail Management App, which allows you to access and manage your mail from any location at any time.Reception Address for the Royal Mail Street Addresses in the City of London The address of the registered office Address for the Director’s Service Postal Address for Package Forwarding
How Much Does A PO Box Cost?
- We at Bankrate are dedicated to assisting you in making more informed financial decisions. Despite the fact that we adhere to stringent guidelines, this post may include references to items offered by our partners. Here’s what you need to know about In addition to making it simpler to keep consistent service when moving around, renting a post office box, commonly known as a P.O. box, is a practical method to increase the dependability and security of your mail. The cost of renting a post office box is determined by three factors: The length of time it will be rented
- the size of the box
- the location of the box
- and other factors.
In certain regions, renting a small post office box for six months can be as little as $19, while in others, the cost can be as high as $75. On the United States Postal Service website, you may get a detailed summary of the costs in each region.
Length of rental time
PO boxes are available for rent for durations of six or twelve months at a time.It is more expensive to renew for shorter rental terms on a consistent basis.If you anticipate using the post office box for at least one year, it is more cost-effective to apply for a yearly rental from the beginning.If you want to have the costs paid to your credit card on a recurring basis, your rental will continue to renew.Make use of a rewards credit card to earn points while you are out collecting your mail.
There are five different sizes of post office boxes available, although not all of them are available in every location. Smaller boxes are less costly than larger ones.
|Extra small||5″ x 5 1/2″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (or) 2 rolled magazines|
|Small||5 1/2″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (or) 5 rolled magazines|
|Medium||5 1/2″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||Stack large envelopes flat|
|Large||11″ x 11″ x 14 3/4″||10-15 letters (and) 2 shoe boxes stacked flat|
|Extra large||12″ x 22 1/2″ x 14 3/4″||Flat-rate boxes and parcels|
Pricing for P.O. boxes can alter on a yearly basis in areas where the postal service has a sufficient amount of market power to determine prices without competition. Similarly priced items are offered by private-sector enterprises in various marketplaces, which can help keep costs low.
The United States Postal Service charges a $3 deposit for the first two keys and a $6 price for each subsequent key. In addition, lock replacement and late payment costs of $20 are charged at the post office.
Applying for a P.O. box
You may apply for a PO box in one of two ways: online or in person at your local post office. To enter the country, you’ll need two pieces of acceptable identification, at least one of which must have your image. One of your IDs must include your physical address.
Advantage of renting a P.O. box
- You may apply for a PO box in one of two ways: either online or at your local post office. In order to enter the country, you must present two pieces of legitimate identification, one of which must have your photograph. Your actual address must be displayed on one of your IDs.
A post office box (P.O.box) is an useful method to keep track of when and how your mail is delivered.When you want to keep your address hidden, or if you operate a home company that gets mail that you want to keep separate from your personal mail, this is a particularly handy feature.The cost of a box rental varies depending on where you live, but it may be as little as $9 for a small box for three months and as much as $625 for an extra-large box for six months depending on your location.
The 411 on Getting (and Using) a Post Office Box
A post office box (also known as a PO box, as most of us are familiar with the term) is a great alternative to or complement to the use of a regular mailbox for a variety of reasons.In the case of someone who hasn’t worked with one before, it’s totally reasonable to have inquiries about what they are and how they operate.This fast guide will tell you all you need to know about buying and using a post office box, including how much it costs, what your alternatives are, and when it is a good idea to acquire one.So let’s get this party started.
What is a Post Office Box?
A post office box (also known as a PO box, as most of us are familiar with the term) is a great alternative to or complement to the use of a standard mailbox for important correspondence.In the case of someone who hasn’t used one before, it’s totally reasonable to have some queries about what one is and how it works.This fast guide will tell you all you need to know about buying and utilizing a post office box, including how much it costs, what your alternatives are, and when it is a good idea to have one.All right, let’s get this party started!
How Much Does a Post Office Box Cost?
A post office box typically costs between $19 and $75 per month for a leasing period of one year, according to Bankrate.Several factors influence the cost of your rental, including the length of time you want to keep the vehicle.These considerations include the position of the box (for example, you can expect to spend a lot more to rent in a population-heavy area like New York City than a less dense area like rural Ohio).A difference of hundreds of dollars a year can be made by changing the location of your post office box.If you are quoted a high fee at one post office location, it may be worthwhile to check at a few others that are still convenient for you before deciding where you want your box to be located.
- In addition to the size of your box (the larger the box, the more it will cost, of course), you need think about how long you will be renting it for and how much you will be paying per day.
- In most cases, post office boxes are rented for three or six months at a time, with longer rental terms averaging out to be more cost-effective than renting for shorter periods of time.
- The most expensive post office boxes—that is, the biggest boxes available for the longest leasing periods in the most expensive areas—can cost as much as $625 every pay period.
Post Office Box Sizes
There are five different standard sizes to choose from.Choosing the appropriate size for your mailbox is dependent on whether you wish to receive only mail or also packages, how frequently you intend to check the box, and if you intend to use it for all of your incoming mail or only portion of it.The five sizes that are offered are as follows: Extra Small (3′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Can hold up to 15 letter-sized envelopes or up to 2 rolled magazines in a single layer of protection.Small (5′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Holds 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines in a single compartment.Medium (11′′ x 5 1/2″ x 14 3/4′′) — This size is wide enough to accommodate big envelopes and magazines stacked flat.
- Large (11′′ x 11′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box can easily hold two shoeboxes and still have enough for 10-15 letters on the inside.
- Extra Large (22 1/2′′ x 12′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box is large enough to hold Flat Rate Boxes and small shipments.
How to Get a Post Office Box
You have two alternatives for getting started with your rental, both of which are rather simple and easy.
Reserve a PO box online
- Enter the city, state, or zip code where you want to set up a post office box on this United States Postal Service page.
- Select the size of the unit you wish to rent
- Select the term of your rental agreement.
- Create an account, fill out an application for a post office box, and pay the monthly leasing price
- Print your completed application and bring it to the post office with you, together with a copy of your emailed receipt for the box and two pieces of identification, in order to obtain the keys to your PO box
Reserve a PO box at the post office
Obtain a copy of and complete an Application for Post Office Box Service (available here).2.Deliver the completed form to the USPS location that is most convenient for you.They’ll check your address and accept your money, and then you’ll be on your way.It doesn’t matter which option you choose; you’ll receive two keys for your post office box and will be required to pay a $3 non-refundable fee for each of them.
- If you misplace your keys, you will be charged a $20 replacement cost.
- There are some post office boxes that are only accessible by a combination lock, in which case you will not need to get keys; nonetheless, the same $20 cost will apply if you forget the combination code to your box lock.
Can You Get a Refund on a Post Office Box?
It is dependent on the situation.It is possible to cancel your rental at any moment throughout your rental period; however, whether or not you are qualified for a refund is determined on how near you are to the end of your rental period.According to the United States Postal Service: Payments Due in Three Months (automatic renewal required) There will be no refunds.s Payments are due every six months.Within the first 3 months, you will receive a return of half of the money you paid.
- After 3 months, there will be no refunds.
- Payments are due every 12 months.
- Within the first three months, one-fourth of the price is paid.
- Within the first six months, a quarter of the price is refunded.
- There will be a 14 percent refund during the first 9 months.
- After 9 months, there will be no reimbursements.
- Refund requests can be made at the post office where your PO box is situated if you need to get a reimbursement.
Why Get a PO Box
Consider the following: Why would you want to purchase a post office box when you could just get mail at home.There are a variety of advantages to using a PO box, including occasions where it may be more cost-effective than using the more traditional method.When you don’t want to share your home address with others.It is possible that you will not want to reveal your home address in a variety of situations, such as when you are communicating with somebody you do not know for business purposes.Using a post office address instead of your home address ensures that your home address remains confidential.
- When your mail is unreliable, it’s time to call.
- In the event that you’re having difficulties receiving your mail, whether it’s usually ending up at your neighbors’ house or in the next town over, or if you’ve experienced delays, a post office box may be the answer.
- The fact that it is placed right next to your local USPS means that you won’t have to wait for your mailman to drop it off—and you won’t have to worry about your mail ending up in the wrong hands.
Are There Drawbacks?
No, not at all.The convenience of having a PO box instead of a traditional mailbox, rather than just in addition to one, will be slightly less convenient than being able to simply pick up your mail at home—though this isn’t a major concern because most USPS locations are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week during standard business hours.The cost of owning a post office box is perhaps the most significant negative, because depending on what you want, it may not be inexpensive to do so.Considering that your mailbox at home is free to use (apart from the purchase of stamps), you’re effectively paying for a service that you might otherwise access for free.Having said that, if you’re acquiring a post office box for one of the reasons listed above, it’s usually worth the money to spend the extra money for it.
Premium PO Box Services
Looking to get a little more out of your post office box?Here’s how.Several USPS sites provide premium services, and in certain situations, you may even get them for free when you rent a vehicle from the company.Listed below are the two sorts of premium services that you might be interested in learning more about: Obtaining a physical street address for your mail box Having an actual street address rather than a post office box number allows you to utilize your post office box as your official postal address instead of a PO box.This is an excellent choice if you’re in the process of relocating or if you want to be able to receive packages from extra postal carriers such as FedEx or UPS at your mailbox.
- Having a signature on file is a good idea.
- A signature may be stored on file with your box at your local USPS facility, which means you won’t have to be there to sign for packages when they arrive or wait in line to sign for them later.
- Obtaining and utilizing a post office box may be accomplished by going to USPS.com/manage/po-boxes for further information and instructions.
How Much Is A PO Box At USPS In 2022? (Your Full Guide)
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the country’s main shipping providers, and it provides a wide range of options for sending and receiving mail.Using a PO box, for example, is a wonderful choice for receiving mail when you don’t want to give out your home address to others.But, how much does a post office box with the United States Postal Service cost, and how do you obtain one?I conducted extensive study on the subject, and the following is the result of my findings: As of 2022, the price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location of the box, its size, and the length of time the box is used.While the smallest post office box costs between $13 and $44 for a three-month pay period and $21 to $75 for six months, the largest box costs between $64 to 360 for three months and $109 to $625 for six months, depending on the size of the box.
- When it comes to acquiring and setting up a PO box, there are a lot of moving parts to consider, so be sure to keep reading to learn more!
What Determines The Price Of A USPS PO Box?
The price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location, size, and length of time that you rent the box.Additionally, while renting a USPS PO box, it is possible to incur extra expenses.The location of the PO box, on the other hand, is one of the most important elements in deciding the price.Location Having stated that, the post office categorizes PO box sites into two categories: ″Market-Dominant″ and ″Competitive.″ Furthermore, post office locations that are considered ″competitive″ often demand greater costs.However, these post office boxes are known to provide additional services such as extended hours of access and electronic notifications when you get a package in the mail.
- Size When looking at renting a USPS PO box, it is also important to examine the size of the box.
- For example, most post office boxes are around 15 inches deep and are normally available in five sizes: extra small, small, medium, large, and extra-large.
- They are also available in a variety of colors.
- When determining the size of the post office box to rent, it is important to examine the sorts of mail you expect to receive.
- As an example, an extremely tiny PO box is around 3′′ by 5.5′′ in size and is best suited for holding approximately 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines.
- Then there are tiny PO boxes, which are somewhat larger than extremely small boxes, measuring 5′′ by 5.5′′ in size and accommodating up to 15 letters as well as up to five rolled magazines.
- Furthermore, medium PO boxes are 5.5′′ x 11′′ in dimension, making them ideal for big envelopes and periodicals that need to be placed flat rat