U.S. carriers who ship to Mexico
|USPS||Priority Mail Express International||$64.25|
|USPS||Priority Mail International||$35.65|
|USPS||First-Class International Service||Depends on postage pricing|
– Write ‘REPAIR & RETURN’ on the commercial invoice in the General Description or Remarks section – Indicate the value of the product INCLUDING the cost of the repair under the Detailed Description of Goods section – Include the original shipping documents or tracking number from when the item was first exported to Mexico
Can I send a package to a friend in Mexico?
You can send packages to Mexico cheaply and easily with Parcel Monkey. Whether you’re an eCommerce business shipping to a customer in Mexico, or you’re sending a package to a relative or friend, our price comparison service will help you find couriers that ship to Mexico at the cheapest rates. How much does it cost to ship to Mexico?
What is the best delivery service for shipping to Mexico?
For many customers, FedEx is the best delivery service for shipping to Mexico as they have been delivering there for many years and provide a reliable courier service.
Does USPS ship to Mexico?
USPS Mexico shipping services from the USA include USPS Priority Mail International, USPS Priority Mail Express International and USPS First Class Package International. When you ship to Mexico from the USA you will be required to complete a customs declaration form clearly detailing the contents of your package.
What is the cheapest way to ship a package to Mexico?
The United States Postal Service is your cheapest option. USPS gives you the best mix of affordable rates and fast delivery times when shipping to Mexico (and pretty much anywhere else in the world, for that matter). Simply put, shipping with USPS will always be cheaper than using any other carrier.
How much does it cost to send a 10lb package to Mexico?
Cheapest shipping to Mexico
|1lb||$28.35||Asendia e-Paq Plus|
|5lb||$67.26||USPS Priority Mail International|
|10lb||$69.14||Worldwide Expedited Drop Off|
|20lb||$99.85||Worldwide Expedited Drop Off|
Does USPS ship to Mexico?
USPS® international mail services go to more than 180 countries, including Great Britain, Canada, Japan, Mexico, and Australia. Global Express Guaranteed®, Priority Mail Express International®, and Priority Mail International® services include international tracking and some insurance.
How much does it cost to send a box to Mexico USPS?
Priority Mail International Flat Rate Products
|Free Supplies6||Shipping Price From*|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||$28.13 Commercial Base $29.60 at Post Office & Online|
|Small Flat Rate Box||$29.17 Commercial Base $30.70 at Post Office & Online|
|DVD Box||$29.17 Commercial Base $30.70 at Post Office & Online|
How can I send money to Mexico?
The best transfer providers for sending money to Mexico charge low to no fees, offer delivery within minutes, or have huge cash pickup networks.
Best Ways to Send Money to Mexico Online.
|Money transfer company||Best for|
|Remitly||Cheapest for cash pickup|
|MoneyGram||Fastest (tie) and biggest network|
|Western Union||Runner-up for biggest network|
Can I ship to Mexico with UPS?
UPS scores with the most delivery options to or from any corner of Mexico. We have 390+ locations and over 550 vehicles and are the only carrier with guaranteed ground service there.
Does FedEx ship to Mexico?
FedEx in Mexico
FedEx has a well-established presence in the Mexican market. FedEx Express Nacional, our Mexico domestic express shipping service, covers all 31 Mexican states and the Federal District. We deliver domestic packages and freight the next business day, or for more economical needs, in 2 to 5 business days.
Can I ship a laptop to Mexico?
Laptops can be considered as personal effects in Mexico, only if the goods are accompanied by the traveller at the time of arrival into Mexico. Personal effects or Personal Goods: Can only be shipped via UPS Express or UPS Expedited.
How much is shipping internationally?
International Shipping Rates
|Mail Class||Shipping Rate|
|Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate||Starts at $44.95|
|Priority Mail International||Starts at $37.47|
|Priority Mail International Flat Rate||Starts at $28.13|
|First‑Class Package International Service||Starts at $14.11|
How do I figure out shipping costs?
How to Use the USPS Shipping Calculator
- Navigate to the USPS Postage Price Calculator page.
- Enter the details of your letter or package.
- Select the shipment type.
- Compare shipping options.
- Add Extra Services.
- Hit “Continue” for your result.
- Pay for shipping and print postage for your shipment.
Is USPS to Mexico reliable?
Packages shipped in the Mexican postal system are, on occasion, “misplaced” or opened and valuable contents removed. Unfortunately, the system is not as reliable as the systems in Canada or the United States.
What items Cannot be shipped to Mexico?
Mexico Prohibited and Restricted Items
Does Amazon deliver to Mexico?
Yes, you can order from Amazon USA and have it delivered to different country. Amazon has an international delivery network that delivers packages to Mexico and to other countries all over the world.
What is the cheapest way to send mail internationally?
USPS Priority Mail International – Flat Rate is the cheapest way to mail a package internationally.
To find the cheapest international shipping rates, we compared USPS shipping rates with those from leading express couriers, including:
How long does shipping take from us to Mexico?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SHIP PACKAGES FROM THE US AND UK TO MEXICO? Once your package arrives at MyUS, the average parcel transit times to Mexico are: Express shipping (preferred): 2 to 4 business days; Economy shipping: 5 to 10 business days; We work to get your package delivered as fast as possible.
What is the postage stamp cost to send to Mexico?
How much money does it cost to fly to Mexico?
We recommend using the ‘Flexible Dates’ calendar at the top of the page to see the price of plane tickets on the surrounding dates. This allows you to pick the cheapest days to fly if your trip allows flexibility and score cheap flight deals to Mexico City. Roundtrip prices range from $212 – $794, and one-ways to Mexico City start as low as $1.
How to Send Packages to Mexico
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Shipping a box to Mexico is a pretty simple process that involves the majority of the same procedures as sending a package to any other location in the globe, whether domestically or internationally.When preparing to send the item, the most important thing to remember is to choose a postal carrier that can fit the size of your package while also shipping it into the United States.Apart from that, you will only need to conform to Mexican and international postal standards, complete the necessary papers, and ship the box on its route.
1 Choose a public carrier that offers the most cost-effective delivery options.For the most cost-effective delivery choices, use the United States Postal Service or a local public transportation company.Important to keep in mind: Compared to private carriers, these shipping methods may normally take a bit longer to arrive (approximately 6-10 business days).Keep in mind that public postal carriers may have additional limitations on the size, shape, and contents of your item than private mail carriers.
- 2. Use a private carrier to provide the greatest amount of flexibility in terms of size and weight. Large or irregularly shaped items should be shipped to Mexico through a private carrier that ships to the country, such as UPS, DHL, FedEx, or NEX Worldwide Express. However, private carriers may frequently deliver international products to Mexico more rapidly than public carriers (usually within 2-3 business days), albeit they are also often more expensive. Promotional material
- 3 Check that your item does not appear on the list of forbidden imports. Check the website of Mexico’s Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit to see if the item you want to bring into the country is forbidden from entering. These things are not permitted to be brought into Mexico by mail or in person, and your shipment will be returned to you if you attempt to do so. Additionally, in some cases, they may result in penalties or even criminal prosecutions. You are not permitted to transmit the following items: drugs
- live predatory fish
- demeaning, pornographic, or violent photos of minors
- worn clothes or footwear that is not your own
- firearms or ammunition
- Be aware that some medical items are strictly controlled in Mexico, and if they are to be resold in the country, they will need to be registered with the Mexican Secretariat of Health (SSA) before they can be sold. Please contact the SSA at [email protected] for more guidance if you are shipping medical supplies to the country.
- 4 Follow the country-specific shipping requirements set out by your carrier. Consult with your shipping company to learn whether any products are restricted from being shipped to Mexico using their service. When it comes to the kind of products they allow in packages, several carriers have criteria that go above and above Mexico’s rules. These differ from one carrier to the next. Perishable food items, jewelry, currency, radioactive materials, work infringing on Mexican copyrights, lottery tickets, cosmetics, and other items are not accepted in packages to Mexico by the US Postal Service, for example
- if you have questions, contact your carrier and speak with a representative about your item. The best course of action is to find out ahead of time whether or not your goods will be approved rather than risk having your packing rejected or ruined
5 Compare the size and weight of your goods to the restrictions imposed by your carrier.Look on the website of your shipping company to see if there are any restrictions on the size of packages being transported to Mexico.For example, the United States Postal Service will not accept parcels for delivery to Mexico if the total length and girth of the package exceed 108 inches (270 cm).Generally speaking, the package must be large enough to include the bill of lading, any necessary customs documents, postage, and any extra marks required for monitoring and insurance, if any are wanted.
Sixth, be sure the value of your goods does not exceed the restrictions set by your carrier.Consult the website of your shipping company to find out whether there are any restrictions on shipping pricey products to Mexico.Even if you have insurance, there is a chance that your insurer would refuse to take products of extraordinary value.When mailing to a foreign nation, there are usually certain restrictions based on the country in question.
- For example, in shipments to Mexico, the United States Postal Service will not accept merchandise with a value larger than $2,499 US dollars.
1 Invest in a sturdy box with plenty of space for padding around the contents.Choose a sturdy cardboard or corrugated fiberboard box to ensure that it will survive transportation.Allow at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) of space between the object and the inside sides of the box to help prevent harm to your item while shipping.You can purchase boxes at your local carrier’s office, a home goods store, or recycle one that has already been used once or twice.
- 2Make sure your things are cushioned so that they do not shift during transportation. Fill the area between your item and the box with wadded-up newspaper or packing peanuts to protect it from damage. As a result, your item will be less likely to rattle during transportation, and it will be less likely to be damaged. 3Seal all seams with packing tape that is at least 2 inches (5.1 cm) wide. Packing tape should be used to fasten your package on all sides, including the top and bottom. If necessary, apply a second layer of tape to any places that appear to be fragile. Permanent marker can also be used to cover over previously applied labeling or to black out outdated features. Remove any old labels from the outside of the box with your fingertips, and then cross out any previous details completely with a dark permanent marker to finish the job. The following steps are only necessary if you are recycling a shipping box: 5Mark the shipment as delicate if it is necessary. Fragile or frágil (Spanish) should be written on the outside of the box to indicate that the contents are likely to break. Even if your item isn’t labeled as delicate, urging that the carrier use extra caution when transporting your package won’t harm you in any way. Advertisement
- 1 Make a bill of lading for your shipment. A bill of lading (BOL) must be completed either in person at your carrier’s office or online. It serves as both a receipt for the package and a contract with the shipping company for the shipping service. It also serves as a proof of ownership for the items contained within your shipment. Your bill of lading will frequently include your address, the kind of delivery service you choose, and the address of the person who will be receiving your shipment.
- In your recipient’s address, include Mexico after the destination city to minimize any potential misunderstanding with local zip codes.
- 2 Complete any customs forms that may be necessary. Fill out all of the fields on the customs forms provided by your carrier, including the contents of your box and the approximate worth of your item. It will be necessary to list the contents on a number of occasions. Instead of completing customs paperwork online, it may be beneficial to complete them in person at your carrier’s office so that an agent can answer any queries. They may also provide you advice on how to fill out the documents in order to reduce the amount of time your shipment is delayed. Fill out PS Form 2976-B and place it inside a plastic envelope if you are mailing through the United States Postal Service, for example.
- Your package may also need you to include documentation indicating your ability to pay for additional duties if the Mexican authorities find that you have undervalued the contents of your shipment. This will depend on your carrier’s requirements.
- Remember that all products entering Mexico are subject to scrutiny by the Mexican government before they are allowed to enter. To prevent confiscation, all commodities must be in compliance with the Mexican government’s prohibited imports list.
- 3Make sure your cargo is insured. Inquire with your shipping company about the costs of insuring your cargo in the event that it is lost or damaged during route. The cost of insuring your package is normally calculated on a sliding-scale basis based on the claimed value of the item being insured.
- 4Track the progress of your cargo. Paying an extra price for tracking service allows you to keep a watch on your item in case it is misplaced or misdelivered in the mail. This will allow you to follow the progress of your package on the carrier’s website as it makes its way to its final destination, if you want to do so. Advertisement
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Sending a box to Mexico is a basic process that is largely the same as delivering a package within the United States of America.Use the United States Postal Service (USPS) or your local public carrier for the most cost-effective alternative; however, keep in mind that this will normally take a little longer than private carriers.Make careful to verify your carrier’s policies on shipping items before sending anything.For example, you cannot transport perishable goods, jewels, cosmetics, or things valued more than 2,500 dollars to Mexico through the United States Postal Service.
- If your box is fragile, cushion it with balled-up newspaper, bubble wrap, or packing peanuts to ensure that it is protected during shipping and delivery.
- Always include the word Mexico at the bottom of the address to avoid misunderstanding with U.S.
- zip codes.
- You’ll need to fill out a bill of lading as well as any other customs paperwork that may be necessary, either in person at your carrier’s office or online.
If you want to be sure your product reaches on schedule, you should get shipping insurance or tracking from your shipping provider.Continue reading for additional information, including how to determine the size and weight constraints of your carrier.Did you find this overview to be helpful?Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been viewed 80,781 times so far.
Send packages to Mexico
Parcel Monkey allows you to deliver packages to Mexico at a low cost and in a simple manner. When it comes to shipping packages to Mexico, whether you’re an eCommerce business shipping to a customer there or a family or friend, our price comparison service can help you locate the best deals on courier services that ship to Mexico. Request a quote
How much does it cost to ship to Mexico?
Our free shipping calculator will provide you with an estimate for sending to Mexico based on the size and weight of your shipment, but you can get an estimate for shipping to Mexico in seconds with our shipping calculator.Furthermore, when you request a quotation through Parcel Monkey, you’ll be presented with rates from a variety of carriers, allowing you to compare pricing and ensure you’re receiving the best bargain possible.Request a quote right away.
Cheapest shipping to Mexico
All of our rates are discounted, so you’ll save money just by booking your shipment online with Parcel Monkey.If you’re looking for the cheapest way to ship a package to Mexico from the United States, all of our rates are discounted, so you’ll save money just by booking your shipment online with Parcel Monkey.As of right now, Asendia is the most cost-effective courier service to Mexico.Asendia ePAQ Plus is a cost-effective way to ship small and light goods (such as clothing) to Mexico.
- Your parcel will be delivered using a mix of the United States Postal Service and local postal operators in Mexico.
- Although delivery times are lengthier for this economy service, Asendia is the most cost-effective alternative if you’re shipping on a tight budget.
Courier services to Mexico
If you’re mailing to Mexico from the United States, Parcel Monkey has a variety of courier services available, with shipping durations ranging from as low as 1-3 business days with a fast shipping service to 17-30 business days with an economy shipping service.
Economy shipping to Mexico
- Here are our top three most affordable shipping options to Mexico: In terms of cost, Asendia ePAQ is the most affordable service for parcels up to 4 pounds to Mexico, and it arrives in 17-30 business days.
- Pitney Bowes Standard delivers to Mexico in 10 to 18 business days, depending on the destination. USPS Priority Mail is suitable for items weighing up to 66 pounds, and it delivers to Mexico in 6-10 business days. Suitable for shipments weighing up to 70 pounds
Express shipping to Mexico
- If you take advantage of one of our Parcel Monkey Secret Deals, you won’t have to worry about paying too much for your express shipping. Here are some of our most expedient and least expensive courier services to Mexico: In 2-5 business days, Worldwide Expedited Drop Off will deliver your package to Mexico with complete tracking. Send packages weighing up to 130 pounds.
- If you’re delivering a package to Mexico, International Priority Drop Off is the most expedient option. Fully tracked with a delivery period of 1-3 business days, this item is available for purchase. If you need rapid delivery on a tight budget, this is the option for you.
All delivery timeframes are estimates supplied by our courier partners and are based on major locations only. Please keep this in mind while ordering. Please allow an extra day or two for delivery in more rural places. Request a shipping estimate to Mexico.
When shipping a package to Mexico from the United States, you will be required to submit a customs declaration form that precisely details the contents of your shipment.This is a part of the Parcel Monkey booking procedure and is included in the price.When your delivery reaches Mexico, customs and import fees may be levied against it.Please ensure that you give the recipient’s contact information so that customs can contact them to collect payment.
- For things that are provided as presents, there is no exemption from paying duty.
- When shipping to Mexico, make sure to accurately disclose the value of the items you are shipping.
- Mexico has rigorous import regulations and forbids the importation of some unexpected commodities, such as old hardware. Various animal items, such as wool and leather, are prohibited, and there are limits on the shipment of apparel, particularly shoes, old clothing, and clothing/goods from China, among other things. Toys are also prohibited on the premises. These are some of the prohibited items: Compact discs
- electronic equipment
- electronic games
- computer components and parts
- Cologne and perfume
- coffee and coffee samples
- airline tickets
- forged or counterfeit goods
- and tobacco products, among others.
View our complete list of forbidden items..
Frequently Asked Questions
View our complete list of forbidden items..
Do you offer door to door delivery?
The Parcel Monkey marketplace makes use of a shipping calculator to determine the most cost-effective way to transport your things from point A to point B using a variety of different carriers.With full tracking available on practically all of our delivery services, you can keep track of your product from the minute it leaves your possession until it reaches its destination.We always recommend that you provide the contact information for the receiver so that the courier may contact them if there is a problem with the delivery.Some of our courier services are delivered to a local Post Office, where the receiver will be required to pick up the box, such as DHL eCommerce to some distant places, hence it is necessary to include a working contact number when submitting your order.
- Items transported through Parcel Monkey are also shipped DDU, therefore it is possible that Customs will need payment from the receiver prior to delivering the package to them.
- If you want assistance with the completion of any Customs Documents, we can provide it.
- If you would like to learn more about what a courier is and how to select the most appropriate service for your shipment, we can assist you.
Can I add protection cover to my order?
When you place an order through the Parcel Monkey marketplace, you will have the option to add protective coverage to your item throughout the booking process.We guarantee that you will be compensated if your item is lost or damaged as long as it does not include any banned items, has been packaged properly, and you complete our Claims Procedure.Some of our services do not include any form of protection, while others do, and some even provide free protection up to a particular dollar amount.When you receive a shipping quote from our shipping calculator, you will be able to see this information.
- Please double-check that the item does not appear on the list of restricted items, since doing so will render it invalid.
- Keep in mind that your shipment will be shipped by international carriers and will most likely be processed by a variety of customs and airport agencies.
- Be careful to package the item securely so that it is properly secured and cannot move about in the box.
How long will it take for my package to be delivered?
Take the time to assess how fast you need your product to arrive before deciding on a shipping method.The shipment destination and the courier service you select from the Parcel Monkey marketplace are the two most important things to consider when estimating transit timeframes.When you select a courier from our marketplace, we will provide an anticipated delivery time, which is supplied by the couriers themselves as they handle the goods in their possession or custody.You can see how long it will take for the package to arrive with the recipient, and we recommend that you share this tracking information with the recipient so that they are aware of when the package is expected to arrive.
- Always provide the recipient’s contact information when making a reservation in case the delivery courier wants to get in touch with them.
- If you’re wanting to save money, you may pick slower economic services such as DHL eCommerce, or you can choose a faster Express option that gets the box delivered more quickly, such as our 2-5 day International Drop Off service provided by FedEx, which is also available as a Pickup.
Get an accurate estimate of your shipping costs. Compare discounted shipping rates from all couriers, including USPS . 100% free and accurate.
Shipping Rates Based On:
- From United States to Mexico
- Weight of
About Easyship Shipping Rate Calculator
It should be simple to locate the most affordable rates in order to estimate your shipping charges.Our free shipping rate calculator provides you with precise, real-time quotations for the cheapest shipping costs from all international and domestic couriers, as well as other shipping services.There will be no more time-consuming note-taking.There will be no hopping between courier locations.
- Simply enter the weight of your package and the location of your shipment to receive quick visibility of your best shipping alternatives.
- Create a free Easyship account and enter all of the shipping data to receive the most thorough and accurate price possible.
- There are no obligations and no fees – just completely accurate delivery estimates.
Shipping Rate Calculator FAQ
Is shipping based on size or weight?
In most circumstances, couriers charge their customers based on the weight or size of the delivery, whichever is greater.’Volumetric Weight’ is a mathematical formula that is used to compute this amount of weight.There is one notable exception: flat rate services, which charge a fixed amount for products that are delivered in certain boxes.In certain instances, the cost of shipping a box of concrete would be the same as the cost of sending a box of feathers.
What are the benefits of using Easyship’s shipping calculator?
This calculator will save you time that would otherwise be spent on painstaking research of courier websites, allowing you to focus on more important things.Our convenient tool automatically compiles all of the best rates from all worldwide carriers for you, based on your unique shipment requirements.This enables you to have complete visibility into shipping expenses for your small business while saving valuable time at the same time.If you like the pricing you see, you can sign up for an account and be printing labels for those couriers in as little as five minutes.
What is the cheapest way to ship a package to Mexico?
The United States Postal Service is the most cost-effective method of delivery. When sending to Mexico, the United States Postal Service offers the ideal combination of low costs and quick delivery timeframes (and pretty much anywhere else in the world, for that matter). Simply put, shipping with the United States Postal Service is always less expensive than shipping with any other carrier.
How much does it cost to send a 10lb package to Mexico?
The cheapest alternative is to use the United States Postal Service. With USPS, you get the ideal combination of low prices and quick delivery dates when sending to Mexico… (and pretty much anywhere else in the world, for that matter). Put another way, shipping through the United States Postal Service will always be less expensive than shipping with any other method.
How much does it cost to send a 1 pound package to Mexico?
Weight is not an issue (lbs.) ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— 1 $13.75 2 16.35 3 18.70 4 21.35 1 $3.75 2 16.35 3 18.70 1 $3.75 1 $3.75 1 $3.75 1 $3.75
How do I send a box to Mexico?
Large or irregularly shaped items should be shipped to Mexico through a private carrier that ships to the country, such as UPS, DHL, FedEx, or NEX Worldwide Express. However, private carriers may frequently deliver international products to Mexico more rapidly than public carriers (usually within 2-3 business days), albeit they are also often more expensive.
How much does it cost to ship a box to Mexico?
Service Price* —- —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Priority Mail Express International is a service provided by the United States Postal Service.$64.25 Priority Mail International Service $35.65 First-Class International Service from the United States Postal Service Depending on delivery costs, UPS Worldwide Expedited $70.39 is an option.
What is the safest way to ship a package to Mexico?
DHL, Estafeta, or Fedex are all options. It’s quick, and it gets the job done. If the item you’re shipping is on the DHL prohibited items list, then use USPS Express/EMS if you want it fast, or regular USPS if you want it slow. I’ve never had a parcel lost using snail mail, but the time it takes for it to arrive is quite variable depending on where you are in Mexico.
How much is shipping a 10 pound package?
Zones 1 and 2 Zone 7 ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— a 9 lb $9.25 is $28.73 a 10 lb $9.65 is $31.63 an 11 lb $11.65 is $37.05 and a 12 lb $12.40 is $40.10 a
How much does it cost to send a 5lb package to Mexico?
Weight is not an issue (lbs.) ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— 5 $20.50 6 21.85 7 23.20 8 24.25 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85 6 21.85
How can I send my household items to Mexico?
If you want to import home items into Mexico, you must first get either a permanent or temporary residence card, according to Mexican law. In addition, you must provide a home import certificate at the point of entrance into Mexico. This certificate may only be obtained in advance from the Consulate that is the most convenient for you.
How much does it cost to move household goods to Mexico?
Airfare to relocate to Mexico (about $300 per person) $600 ————————————————————- The first month’s rent as well as the security deposit $2000 for a grocery store stockpile Expenses for Eating Out: $200 $200 FOR A TOTAL OF $4,500 *approximately
What is the Cheapest Way to Ship to Mexico?
- The following are the most important points:Express carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL can deliver items to Mexico in as little as 1-3 business days
- With a postal service such as the United States Postal Service, a parcel can arrive in Mexico from the United States in anywhere between 2 and 16 days.
- With Easyship’s Free Shipping Rate Calculator, you can find shipping prices to Mexico that are up to 70% less expensive.
Generally speaking, shipping to Mexico is inexpensive.This is due to the fact that Mexico is a signatory to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and is becoming an increasingly attractive shipping destination for Americans.When it comes to cross-border shipping, Mexico is an excellent choice for retailers.When compared to domestic shipping, however, finding the most cost-effective method of sending to Mexico might be difficult.
- This is due to the fact that overseas shipping provides a greater number of courier alternatives as well as a greater variety of expenses associated with import duties and taxes.
- This is why Easyship provides free tools such as our International Shipping Rate Calculator for Mexico and our Import Tax and Duty Calculator for Mexico to help you ship more efficiently.
- In just a few clicks, you’ll have direct access to the most cost-effective methods of shipping to Mexico from any location in the globe.
- Learn how to send to Mexico at the lowest possible cost, including any import charges, by reading this article.
Table of Contents
01 How long does it take to ship a package from Canada to Mexico?How Much Does It Cost to Ship Something from the United States to Mexico?03 Do FedEx, USPS, UPS, and DHL deliver to Mexico?04 What is the most cost-effective shipping method from the United States to Mexico?
- 05 Tips for Shipping to Mexico at the Lowest Possible Cost 06 How to Send a Package to Mexico: A Step-by-Step Instruction Guide 7 Simple Steps for Shipping to Mexico with Easyship 08 Frequently Asked Questions about Shipping to Mexico
How Long Does It Take to Ship to Mexico?
Customer inquiries about how long it takes to ship to Mexico, regardless of whether you use an express courier or a postal service, will almost certainly be sent your way.It’s an excellent question.Ultimately, it will be determined by the nation of origin and the sort of service they pick.For example, express carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL may deliver shipments to Mexico in as little as 1-3 business days, depending on the cargo.
- However, there will be a price to pay for this increased speed.
- Customers who want premium items may find the additional cost worthwhile, while those who choose a more affordable option will most likely opt for a lengthier delivery period.
- With a postal service like the United States Postal Service, a parcel can arrive in Mexico from the United States in anywhere between 2 and 16 days.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship to Mexico?
- It is only a few important elements that affect the cost of delivering items to Mexico from the United States or any other nation in the world. You should constantly be aware of the following three variables: Package weight, package size, and delivery timing are all important considerations.
If your box is lighter and smaller, shipping will be less expensive, regardless of how long you want your product to take to arrive.However, delivery timing is critical!If you need a shipment delivered quickly, you will have to pay extra money.As a merchant, you’ll want to provide your consumers with a choice between the cheapest, quickest, and greatest value options available.
- When you use Easyship, that’s already included into our dynamic rates at checkout, which will improve your checkout by up to 3.1x.
Does FedEx/USPS/UPS/DHL ship to Mexico?
- Yes, that is the short answer! FedEx, UPS, and DHL, the three major express courier companies, all provide a number of shipping options to Mexico at a variety of pricing, so you should have no trouble selecting the most cost-effective solution for your consumers. The United States Postal Service and DHL offer some of the most competitive prices for shipping to Mexico, making them a particularly attractive alternative for retailers on a tight budget. Here are a few examples of popular services that you might want to consider. Among the services available are DHL Express Worldwide, USPS Priority Mail International, UPS Worldwide Saver, and FedEx International Economy.
What’s the Cheapest Shipping Option from the USA to Mexico?
If you’re a merchant situated in the United States, you’ll want to be certain that you’re providing your consumers with the most affordable shipping options to Mexico.That’s the name of the game these days, unfortunately!Easyship’s shipping prices calculator provides a simple and transparent way to compare carriers, allowing you to identify the most cost-effective method of delivering to Mexico.Simply enter the nation of origin and zip code of your package to indicate where you’re shipping from on the website.
- After that, all you have to do is input the country of destination and the weight of the package.
- To illustrate, consider the shipment of a 5-pound product from New York City to Mexico.
|DHL eCommerce – Parcel Direct||$38.93|
|Easyship Flat Export Rate||$44.48|
|APC – ePMI||$46.40|
|SkyPostal – International Parcel||$54.24|
|USPS Priority Mail International||$56.29|
|FedEx International Economy||$133.96|
In this case, DHL eCommerce Parcel direct will be the most cost-effective method of shipping to Mexico, with the Easyship Flat Export Rate coming in second place in terms of price.According to the information provided, there are several possibilities for economical shipping to Mexico to satisfy the demands of your customers.These are only estimates; you should bear in mind that taxes and tariffs will be added to the total shipping cost, which will increase the entire cost.
Tips for the Cheapest Way to Ship to Mexico
After taking all of this into consideration, here are some suggestions for lowering your shipping expenses fast and economically.1.Select packaging that is the correct size.2.
- Provide customers with a choice of delivery schedules.
- Make use of a number of different couriers.
Join forces with a fulfillment center or a storage facility.5.Have your shipment handled by a third party.Ship boxes based on their cubic weight.7.Reduce shipping expenses by assembling kits.
- Purchase packing materials in bulk or repurpose existing packaging.
How to Send a Package to Mexico: A Quick Guide
- When mailing a product to Mexico, there are various processes that must be followed to ensure that the shipment is successful, especially if the package is being shipped across the border from the United States. Selecting a Shipping Courier Service: It is necessary to make a decision on whether you will utilize a public courier service such as the United States Postal Service or a commercial express courier service such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- See if there are any shipping restrictions or items that are prohibited. You will not be allowed to ship to Mexico any of the following items: alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, guns, cash, fresh food, seeds, plants, or explosives. Check with the courier company you chose to see if they have any limits on what they can and cannot transport.
- Determine the size and weight of your package by doing the following: The final cost of sending a package to Mexico will be determined by this factor. You will want to double-check with the courier company that you are shipping with to ensure that your shipment satisfies their standards for size. For example, the maximum length and girth allowed by the United States Postal Service is 79 inches. There will also be additional charges for shipments that are unusually shaped, so you will need to include all of this into your decision before proceeding.
- You’ll want to use a sturdy cardboard or corrugated fiberboard box to mail your items in order to keep them safe throughout transit. You’ll want to secure the products you’re sending in the box using packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or other cushioning materials, which are all necessary shipping supplies for an eCommerce shop. When your items are packaged, use packaging tape to ensure that your package is secure on all three sides, as well as the top and bottom.
- If it is necessary, mark the package as fragile: If there is a possibility that your items will be damaged during transportation, you must mark the package as fragile (frágil in Spanish).
- Forms for Customs and Bill of Lading: If you are shipping to Mexico from the United States, you will need to complete the customs forms, which will contain the contents of your cargo as well as their worth. The category in which the products fall will determine the amount of tariffs that will be required to be paid. With Easyship, all of the necessary customs forms are automatically generated and made available for you to print.
- Purchase Shipping Insurance: If you are shipping important items, you should seriously consider getting shipping insurance. Easyship allows you to quickly and inexpensively add shipping insurance to each order, which will cover up to USD$5,000 in damages.
How to Ship to Mexico With Easyship
When using Easyship, businesses have access to a wide range of shipping options to Mexico, including the United States Postal Service (USPS), APC, SkyPost, DHL, and others.Easyship’s proprietary Flat Export Rate to Mexico provides retailers with a tremendous deal of value at a single price.More information on how to save money with our Flat Export Rate Mexico can be found here.By utilizing our platform, you can automate your workflow with convenient shipping rules and navigate the complexities of international shipping with pre-filled customs forms, obtain discounted shipping rates of up to 70%, and maintain customer satisfaction with a smooth delivery experience thanks to our impeccable global tracking systems.
- Sign up for a free Easyship account now, and we’ll assist you in making an informed choice on the most cost-effective method to ship to Mexico and other destinations around the world.
Shipping to Mexico FAQ
What is the normal shipping time from the United States to Mexico?Depending on the courier operator, it might take anywhere from 2 to 22 working days to ship a 3-pound box from New York to Mexico.Is the United States Postal Service dependable in Mexico?Yes, the United States Postal Service provides dependable shipping services to Mexico.
- Is there a list of restrictions when it comes to exporting to Mexico?
- Apples, cigars or cigarettes, alcohol, chemicals, and other items are prohibited from being sent.
- You can see the entire list here.
International Shipping Cost Calculator
*While 99 percent of shipments are priced only on the basis of weight, TruePrice excludes packages with linear dimensions (length + width + height) more than 72 inches in length, breadth, and height. * (183 cm).
NOTE: You may need to pay duties or taxes when your shipment arrives. The cost will depend on your country’s tax laws. MyUS Perk: Members do not pay US sales tax. You save 7% on every purchase!
New to international shipping? Learn about duties and taxes. Don’t forget to check with your local government about restricted items or additional fees.
Save Big on Shipping Charges with MyUS
MyUS Premier Package Consolidation
By delivering everything in one package, you may save money on shipping costs. Delivering a single box containing products from numerous sellers is significantly less expensive than shipping many boxes of individual items. Allow us to help you save the most money on shipping!
Discount Global Carrier Rates
The MyUS online shipping request system provides you with the option of selecting from a range of shipping providers, reduced rates, and delivery schedules. When you allow us to choose the least priced choice for you, you will save a lot of money!
The Best Prices on USA Products
When you buy top items and brands directly from US merchants, you may save a lot of money compared to when you purchase in your local country. Save even more money by taking advantage of our sales alerts, special offers, and hand-picked product suggestions!
MyUS Provides the Best Shipping Rates from the USA.
Do you need to transport items from the United States to another country?Use our shipping cost calculator to get affordable shipping rates to countries such as Australia, Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Brazil, Israel, Canada, Angola, the United Kingdom, Norway, South Africa, Russia, Italy, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and many others.We ship to over 200 countries and territories.Others in our business compute shipping fees based on dimensional weight (which takes into account both the weight and the size of the box), which might result in unexpected expenses after the shipment has been delivered to the customer.
- MyUS guaranteed international shipping prices are calculated only on the weight of the shipment, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
- Want to see how much shipping will cost you while you’re buying online?
- You can receive speedy international shipping estimates while you’re checking out if you use the MyUS.com Address Express Chrome Extension.
Ready to Shop & Ship?
Your MyUS address may be obtained quickly by just joining the service. Become a member
Shipping to Mexico: How to Ship Packages From the US to Mexico
If you are a company owner in the United States, you may have contemplated sending your items to clients in Mexico.A land border to the south and NAFTA allowing for free trade between both nations, online firms may reap significant benefits from selling their products worldwide to clients in Mexico, according to the World Bank.The laws, pricing, shipping methods, and services that will help you get started exporting your items to Mexico — whether you want to do it yourself or collaborate with a third-party logistics (3PL) business to pack and ship your orders — will all be covered in this book.
U.S. carriers who ship to Mexico
There are a plethora of shipping companies that provide services to Mexico.In this tutorial, we’ll go through the major four shipping companies: the United States Postal Service (USPS), UPS, FedEx, and DHL.We’ve broken down the differences in service levels for shipping to Mexico, as well as the differences in pricing and travel times for the various carriers, in the sections below.Please keep in mind that these are standard shipping alternatives for customers.
- To learn more about what ShipBob has to offer when shipping to other countries, such as Mexico, please submit a quotation request here.
- As a result, ShipBob’s actual costs for clients will vary since we charge a ‘total fulfillment cost’ that covers everything from selecting and packing to shipping and handling, among other things.
|USPS||Priority Mail Express International||$64.25||3-5 business days|
|USPS||Priority Mail International||$35.65||6-10 business days|
|USPS||First-Class International Service||Depends on postage pricing||11-20 business days|
|UPS||Worldwide Expedited||$70.39||2-5 business days|
|UPS||Worldwide Saver||$58.32||6-10 business days|
|FedEx||International Priority||$71.23||3-5 business days|
|FedEx||International Economy||$57.43||6-10 business days|
|DHL||International Express||$75.09||3-6 business days|
*Only the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers flat rates for shipments from the United States to Mexico. All other rates were determined using the pricing calculators provided by the different carriers for a 2 kilogram cargo delivered in December 2019. Prices are subject to change without notice.
The United States Postal Service may send to Mexico.The company offers flat-rate shipping, which is a wonderful method to predict your shipping expenses ahead of time.Your prices, like those of the other carriers, are determined by the weight of the cargo and the anticipated arrival time.Although the United States Postal Service (USPS) may be less expensive than the other carriers, it may take longer to deliver shipments to Mexico since packages are passed to the Mexican Postal Service.
- Shipments might be delayed by a few days or even weeks as a result of the transfer time.
- Flat-rate shipping
- often less expensive than other modes of transportation
- The ability to ship bigger items at a reasonable cost
- There are no pick-up costs.
- Transfers to and from the Mexican Postal Service might create delays.
- There are just a few shipping choices available.
- When compared to other carriers, the order tracking options are limited.
UPS is an excellent choice for shipping to Mexico due of their extensive logistical network in both the United States and Mexico. Depending on the shipment, they can pick it up in the United States and deliver it to an address in Mexico in as little as two days. The United Parcel Service (UPS) might be a more expensive carrier if you’re shipping bigger things that weigh more than 10 pounds.
- The company has a significant presence in the United States and Mexico.
- Reduce shipping expenses by collaborating with a large number of shipping partners.
- The ability to generate shipping labels using an easy-to-use internet interface
- Having the ability to move packages of varying sizes
- Fees can get expensive with heavier packages
Shipping to Mexico using FedEx, as with UPS, is a fantastic alternative.Because the rivalry between UPS and FedEx is so fierce, online firms profit from the increased level of competitiveness in the marketplace.Depending on the shipment, they can pick it up in the United States and deliver it to an address in Mexico in as little as two days.FedEx is often more expensive than the United States Postal Service, although it is comparable with UPS and DHL in terms of pricing.
- Picking up or dropping off shipments is simple due to the large US presence.
- There are several shipping partners to help you save money on shipping expenses.
- The ability to generate shipping labels using an easy-to-use internet interface
- Having the ability to move packages of varying sizes
- Fees can get expensive with heavier packages
DHL is a leading international shipping company with a global reach. If you are shipping items through air or sea, there are several advantages to choosing DHL. Ground delivery, on the other hand, is often a little slower than UPS or FedEx.
- There is a significant international presence in around 220 countries and territories
- Air and marine delivery services that are efficient
- The ability to ship bigger items at a reasonable cost
- There are no pick-up costs.
- Dropping down shipments is more time-consuming due to the limited presence in the United States.
- Shipping charges are often more expensive
- When compared to other carriers, there are typically higher fees.
IVA and other fees
Even after the implementation of NAFTA, fines are still levied against exports from the United States to Mexico. When exporting to Mexico, you should be aware of the IVA and IEPS, to name a few of important regulations.
IVA (value-added tax)
In Mexico, the Value Added Tax (also known as IVA) is referred to as the IVA. A 16 percent import VAT is levied on all foreign-produced goods entering the nation.
IEPS (special products)
A unique IEPS is applied to products like as cigarettes, food, pharmaceuticals, and other specialist services upon arrival.
Customs, handling times, and delays
As with shipping internationally everywhere, you may encounter a few additional obstacles in Mexico that are different from those encountered in the United States.
In the same manner that other foreign nations do, your goods will have to pass through customs before they can be delivered to their final destination. It is possible that customs will take several weeks to process your item!
Handling times vary from one carrier to another. UPS and FedEx are known for moving more quickly. Packages must be transferred from the United States Postal Service to the Mexican Postal Service, which may result in a lengthier delivery time.
Make careful to check ahead of time to see if any local Mexican national holidays will be observed during the time of shipment. If so, plan accordingly.
Wide geographic area and lack of infrastructure
Mexico has a large geographic region, which can make shipments to remote places more difficult to complete. A lack of infrastructure in several Mexican rural communities makes it difficult to provide rapid delivery. This will not be an issue in major cities such as Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Tijuana, among others.
ShipBob is experienced in shipping to Mexico
If you want assistance with shipping to Mexico, consider collaborating with ShipBob to make shipping to Mexico more convenient for you.Plus, you’ll be able to reach an even larger number of clients with your items!As your business expands into other countries, ShipBob will store your inventory, fulfill your ecommerce orders as they come in, give shipping savings, simplify the administration of customs forms and taxes, and link you with other international partners.You can relax knowing that your items are being delivered to your clients in Mexico since ShipBob is handling the fulfillment logistics for your parcels heading to Mexico.
- Here’s why the fastest-growing ecommerce firms choose ShipBob with their shipping to Mexico and anywhere else in the United States of America.
Offer shipping to Mexican customers
Shipping to Mexico for the first time takes a few weeks of preparation time, as well as satisfying regulatory criteria and being familiar with the correct shipping processes.However, with ShipBob, we can assist you in expanding your shipping network to include Mexico in a more convenient manner.ShipBob offers a wide range of shipping services that your organization may not be able to perform on its own.Orders are shipped from our US warehouses to locations in Mexico, and we keep you updated on the status of your purchase with tracking numbers.
- Our easy-to-use dashboards and reports allow you to keep track of the status of your inventory and orders at any point in time.
Save time and money
ShipBob eliminates the need to manage warehouses, logistical operations, and hiring staff by partnering with you.ShipBob can really convert logistics and storage into a revenue generator since it allows you to grow sales while still providing clients in Mexico with the shipment options, transit periods, and delivery speeds that they desire.When you outsource fulfillment duties to ShipBob, you save both time and money.Working with ShipBob frees up your time so that you may devote it to more strategic endeavors such as customer service, product development, and marketing activities.
Leverage industry expertise
It takes a lot of effort to run an online business.If you want to become a qualified expert in warehouse and logistics, you won’t have the time.As an ecommerce company staffed by industry specialists, we are aware and up-to-date on the most recent market trends and intricacies – so you don’t have to worry about anything.We also have a large partner network — which includes carrier partners, packaging suppliers and other third-party service providers — which allows us to continually optimize and enhance warehousing and logistics operations in order to assist our customers in achieving their online business goals.
Shipping to Mexico from the United States may be a simple operation – especially if you work with a third-party logistics provider (3PL) like ShipBob.Offering your items to clients in Mexico can assist you in building a strong customer base as you expand your ecommerce business in the country.If you want assistance with shipping to Mexico, please complete the form below to understand how ShipBob can make the shipping procedure more convenient.
What is the Cheapest Way to Ship to Mexico?
Take use of these resources for this guide.Testimonials for Shipping Software See what other shippers have to say about their experiences.Written at 11:42 a.m.Pacific Standard Time on January 31, 2019.
- The growth of Mexico’s economy provides eCommerce enterprises with an excellent chance to establish ties with clients who live south of the United States border in the country.
- As more and more firms seek to capitalize on Mexico’s expanding consumer base, we are frequently asked what the most cost-effective method of shipping to Mexico is, and the answer is: it depends.
- Let me give you a hint: it has nothing to do with UPS or FedEx…
Use USPS to Ship to Mexico
You probably guessed it.The United States Postal Service is the most cost-effective method of delivery.When sending to Mexico, the United States Postal Service offers the ideal combination of low costs and quick delivery timeframes (and pretty much anywhere else in the world, for that matter).Simply put, shipping with the United States Postal Service is always less expensive than shipping with any other carrier.
You’ll Save the Most Money With USPS Shipping Software
When you purchase postage online using shipping software, you will save far more money than if you purchased it at the Post Office.If you use the correct shipping software solutions, you will be able to take advantage of USPS savings such as Business Pricing, which represents the deepest degr