- Pick Your Box. Use a box that’s big enough to safely fit what you’re sending.
- Pack Your Box. Pack your box to protect your contents and make sure the box arrives intact.
- Address your Package. TIP: If you’ll be printing a mailing label, you can use that instead of a separate address label.
- Choose a Mail Service. The best way to send your package depends on how quickly you want it to arrive and its size and weight.
- Calculate & Apply Postage. Correct postage helps your packages arrive on time. Shipping costs depend on several factors.
How do I send a package?
A step-by-step guide for how to send a package. 1 Plan your shipment based on destination. Do you need to ship a package in the US (domestic) or mail something to another country (international)? 2 Ensure the item can be shipped. 3 Package the item. 4 Determine which shipping service is best for your needs. 5 Create shipping labels. More items
How to send a package with no return address?
How to Send a Package in the Mail With No Return Address 1 Package. Package the shipment in a box or a wrap so that the contents are secure. 2 Apply a label. Apply a label with or write out the receiver’s name and shipping address. 3 Take the package to the post office. Take the package to the post office.
How do I mail a package envelope?
Print or type your return address in the upper left corner on the front of the envelope or package. Print the delivery and return addresses on the same side of your envelope or card. Type or print clearly with a pen or permanent marker so the address is legible from an arm’s length away. Do not use commas or periods.
What to write on a package to mail?
You need a return address, a destination address, and postage when addressing a package for shipping.
- Use the recipient’s full name.
- Write everything in capital letters so it is consistent and easy to read.
- Do not use commas or periods.
- Include the ZIP+4® Code whenever possible.
How many stamps do I need for a package?
Divide the postage price by the price of a Forever stamp.
The number you get is how many stamps you’ll need. If your postage cost comes to $2.32, for example, you would divide 2.32 by 0.58 to get 4. Therefore, you would need 4 stamps.
How much does it cost to mail a package?
Compare Mail Services
|Priority Mail®||$8.70 (at Post Office & Online) $7.37 (Commercial)6|
|First-Class Mail®||$0.58 (at Post Office & Online) $0.426 (Commercial)6|
|First-Class Package Service®||$4.50 (at Post Office) $3.37 (Commercial6)|
|USPS Retail Ground®||$8.50 (at Post Office)|
How do I send a bubble mailer USPS?
If your bubble mailer is considered an envelope and weighs 1 ounce or less, you can slap a $0.55 forever stamp on your mailer and drop it off at your post office as usual. If your bubble mailer is considered a package, you’ll choose between USPS First Class, USPS Retail Ground, Priority Mail and Media Mail.
How do I ship a small padded envelope?
The process for shipping the mailer depends on whether you are bringing it into a carrier or scheduling a pickup, and how you want to label it.
- Seal Your Bubble Mailer.
- Label Your Bubble Mailer.
- Send Your Package.
- Cost of the Bubble Mailer.
- Bubble Mailer Shipping Rates.
Can you handwrite a shipping label?
Can I handwrite a shipping label? You can handwrite the shipping address (as long as its eligible), but you will still need a carrier barcode, which needs to be generated by the carrier. Depending on the volume of orders you’re fulfilling, handwriting shipping addresses can become time-consuming.
How can I send a package cheap?
The cheapest way to send packages depends on the package you’re shipping:
- Small, light items packed into padded mailers are cheapest when shipped by USPS.
- Small, heavy items are cheapest when shipped using USPS flat-rate pricing.
- Large, light items are cheapest when shipped with USPS Priority Mail.
How write an address example?
Write the recipient’s name on the first line. Write the street address or post office (P.O.) box number on the second line. Write the city, state, and ZIP code on the third.
How do I label a USPS package?
Labels must be fully placed on the address side of the package and not folded over package edges. Use clear shipping tape to securely affix labels on all four sides. Do not tape over the ‘Postal Use’ area on Priority Mail Express® labels or the barcodes.
How can I make a free shipping label?
With USPS.com, your Post Office is where you are. To start Click-N-Ship® service, sign in to or sign up for a free USPS.com account. Follow the steps to enter your package details, pay for postage, and print your shipping label.
How to address a package just like an envelope?
Where do you put the address on a package?
How to write an address on a package?
How to Prepare & Send a Package
- Sending domestic parcels is simple with the United States Postal Service®.
- Preparing your boxes properly will ensure that they arrive on time and will save you money in the long run.
- See Sending Mail for information on how to mail a letter or postcard.
- Learn how to measure packages to ensure that they will fit through automated processing equipment and that you will not be charged any more costs in the future.
- Watch our video on ″How to Measure a Package″ to learn how to determine the dimensions and weight of a package: Transcript of the video (TXT 2 KB)
How to Ship a Package
Step 1: Pick Your Box
- Make sure the box you’re using is large enough to accommodate the items you’re mailing safely. If you keep to normal sizes, you’ll avoid having to pay fees for packages that cannot be machined. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
- TIP: If you’re planning to send something by Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express, the boxes are available in regular sizes, and you can pick them up at your local Post OfficeTM or purchase them online for free. Place an order for shipping supplies. Keep in mind that the pricing is determined by the size and weight: Packages must not weigh more than 70 lbs. in total.
- In most circumstances, packages are not allowed to be longer than 108 inches in total length and circumference combined. 130 inches in length for USPS Retail Ground® service.
- Package Size and Weight Requirements
- Measuring the Girth of the Package
Preparing Your Box
- Pack your box carefully to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition. Make use of a strong box that has enough space to provide additional padding for fragile things and to prevent objects from moving.
- Using 2-inch wide packing tape, tape your box together so that it shuts flat on all sides and strengthen the flaps.
- Make sure any previous logos, mailing labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out if you’re recycling a box.
NOTE: Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express both come with complimentary boxes, which you can pick up at your local Post Office or buy from the company’s website. Place an order for shipping supplies.
Step 2: Pack Your Box
- Pack your box to ensure that the contents are protected and that the package arrives in good condition.
- Tape your box so that it shuts flat on all sides and does not bulge, and strengthen the flaps with 2-inch wide packing tape to prevent them from opening.
- Cord, thread, and twine should not be used since they can become entangled in equipment.
- TIP: Place a packing slip or a piece of paper with the destination address inside the box to ensure that it is delivered..
Restricted & Prohibited Items
Many commodities, such as fragrances, alcoholic drinks, and dry ice, are subject to shipping limitations or are completely forbidden. If you have any queries regarding what you may and cannot mail through the USPS, you should consult the list of restricted and prohibited products. Items that are restricted or prohibited
Step 3: Address your Package
- TIP: If you’re going to be printing a mailing label, you may skip the step of printing an address label altogether.
- The address format for a box is the same as the address format for an envelope or letter.
- Address labels should be written or printed clearly.
- Make use of ink that won’t smudge and provide your return address as well as the ZIP CodesTM for both you and your receiver on the envelope.
- Addresses for packages should be formatted in the same way as envelope addresses are. Incorporate both the sender’s and the recipient’s addresses into the same side of the box.
- When writing addresses by hand, use a permanent marker.
Step 4: Choose a Mail Service
- The most efficient method of shipping your delivery is determined by how fast you need it to arrive as well as the size and weight of the package. The United States Postal Service offers a variety of postal services, including varied delivery speeds, package sizes, and optional extras such as tracking and insurance. It is possible to send packages utilizing Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail®, First-Class Package Service-RetailTM, United States Postal Service Retail Ground®, and Media Mail® services. When selecting a shipping provider, there are a number of factors to take into consideration. The following information is required: package contents
- shape, size, and weight. USPS Tracking®
- special handling and insurance
- and USPS Delivery Confirmation® receipts are required.
Services for Mailing and Shipping
- Postal labels inform mail workers and carriers about the postal service and any additional services you have purchased from the post office.
- Shipping Labels from the United States Postal Service Match the label to the mailing service that you have purchased.
- When using FRAGILE labels, for example, make sure you have paid the necessary price for the USPS® Special Handling-Fragile service at a Post Office location before using the labels.
- Special Instructions for Handling
You may insure your cargo for up to $5,000 if you are shipping exceptionally important things. For further peace of mind, you may pay for a delivery confirmation service such as Certified Mail® to ensure that your shipment arrives on time. Insurance and Added-Value Services
Step 5: Calculate & Apply Postage
Your packages will arrive on time if you use the proper postage. Shipping prices are determined by a variety of factors. To discover postage pricing for different services, you can enter your package details into the USPS Postage Calculator and get the results. Postage should be placed in the top-right corner of your shipment, regardless of whether you are using stamps or printed postage.
- Make certain that you are not undercharging for postage.
- A parcel that is sent without enough postage may be returned to you, or the person who receives it may be required to make up the difference in postal costs.
- Using the USPS Price Calculator wizard, you will be guided through the process of measuring your box and calculating your domestic postage charges on your behalf.
- Calculate the Cost of a Product
- There are a variety of options for obtaining postage for your delivery. Postal Store® Order all stamps and ad-on postage for bigger envelopes from the convenience of your home.
- Click-N-Ship® Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® envelopes should be printed and postage paid by the sender.
- Post OfficeTM Drop-Off Locations Stamps can be purchased at Post Offices or Approved Postal Providers®, such as supermarket and medicine shops
Step 6: Ship Your Package
- The location of where you mail your box is determined by the size of the box and your geographic location. There are several options for shipping packages: request free package pickups, put small parcels in a blue collection box, go to a Post OfficeTM site, or leave your box with an Approved Postal Provider®. As long as your box is less than one-half inch thick and weighs less than 10 oz, you can utilize postage stamps and do one of the following procedures: Place it in your mailbox so that the carrier may pick it up.
- Drop it in a blue collection box or the mail slot in the Post Office lobby
- Make a request for a free pickup
- If your box is more than one-half inch thick or weighs more than ten ounces and you’re using postage stamps, you must take it to a retail counter at the Post Office before it can be shipped.
- Use the Post Office Self-Service Kiosk to purchase stamps and then put your package in the lobby package slot to complete your transaction.
- Please keep in mind that if you place a big package in your mailbox for pickup, the carrier will leave it there.
- If you drop it in a blue collection box or the mail slot in the Post Office lobby, it will be returned to your possession.
Schedule a Package Pickup
- Package pickups from the US Postal Service allow you to mail your items in less time. Pickup of Packages is Complimentary No matter how many items you have booked for pickup during normal mail delivery, package pickup is always completely free. The United States Postal Service (USPS) will often pick up your box on the next delivery day or another scheduled day.
- Pickup on Demand® is a trademark of Pickup on Demand, Inc.
- Alternatively, if you want your parcels picked up at a specified time, you can pay a charge and the Post Office will pick up your cargo within a 2-hour period planned in advance.
Schedule a Pickup
How to Ship a Package at the Post Office
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded For mailing packages to clients or friends, the United States Postal Service may be an extremely dependable and cost-effective choice.
- Despite the fact that mailing a parcel from the post office appears to be a hard and perplexing procedure, it is actually rather simple if you are aware of your shipping options and know how to properly prepare your item for shipment.
- 1 Use Retail Ground for the most cost-effective shipping method available. Retail Ground, formerly known as Standard Post, is the least expensive method of shipping an item by the United States Postal Service. However, it is also the most inefficient, with a delivery time ranging between 2 and 8 working days. The Retail Ground service is an excellent choice if speed is not a major consideration for your package. If you are shipping a box via Retail Ground, it may take up to 14 business days to receive it
- the maximum weight for goods sent by Retail Ground is 70 pounds (32 kg)
- 2 Priority Mail is a flat-rate service that charges the same amount regardless of the weight of the item. Predictable delivery time for Priority Mail is 1-3 days. It also includes free tracking information. This shipping option provides a large number of ″flat rate″ boxes, which means that as long as the product fits inside of the standard box provided by the United States Postal Service, the weight of the shipment does not matter. This might save you the time and effort of weighing the product and ensuring sure you have enough postage to send it. Priority Mail is a service that allows you to send items weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kg). All of the boxes and envelopes for Priority Mail are provided at no cost. You may either request that they be mailed to your home or workplace, or you can go to the post office and pick up what you need there.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes Are Available A flat rate envelope is a cardboard envelope that measures 12.5 inches (32 centimeters) by 9.5 inches (24 centimeters). A padded flat rate envelope is a waterproof envelope that measures 12.5 inches (32 centimeters) by 9.5 inches (24 centimeters). Tiny Flat Rate Box: A small, cardboard box with dimensions of 8 in (20 cm) x 5 in (13 cm) x 1.75 in (4.4 cm) is used for shipping. Medium Flat Rate Boxes: These boxes are available in two sizes: An unbreakable box with the following measurements: 11.25 in (28.6 cm) x 8.75 in (22.2 cm) x 6 in (15 cm) OR 14 in (36 cm) x 12 in (30 cm) x 3.5 in (8.9 cm). Large Flat Rate Box: This is the largest flat rate box available, measuring 12.25 in (31.1 cm) x 12.25 in (31.1 cm) x 6 in (15 cm) in size. Promotional material
- 3 Use Express Mail if you need your package delivered as soon as possible. The Priority Mail Express delivery option is the most costly, but it is also the quickest and comes with a money-back guarantee, making it an excellent choice. It is the United States Postal Service’s equivalent of next-day delivery, and it takes 1-2 business days to arrive. You may also send anything that fits into flat rate boxes as long as the shipment weighs less than 70 pounds (32 kg), which is available on the website. The United States Postal Service also offers an expedited service that will have your package delivered by 3 p.m. the following day
- Express Mail also offers insurance coverage of up to $100, a signature confirmation of delivery, and tracking information
- Please keep in mind that Priority Mail Express frequently has a separate pickup and drop-off time in order to ensure that your package arrives at its destination on time. For confirmation of the drop-off time, call or check online with your local post office.
- 4 When shipping envelopes that weigh less than 13 ounces (370 g), First-Class Mail is the best option. The First-Class Mail shipping service is a cost-effective solution to send a lightweight parcel swiftly and at a reasonable cost. Packages are delivered within 1-3 business days, and the United States Postal Service (USPS) provides insurance against loss or damage for products up to $5,000. Additional services such as delivery confirmation, which allows you to track your product as it travels to its destination, are also available. Because of their modest weight and durability, padded envelopes are recommended for First-Class Mail.
- A lightweight package sent through First-Class Mail must not exceed 15 inches (38 cm) by 12 inches (30 cm) in size
- otherwise, your package will be charged at the next higher pricing or shipping category.
- Your package must be at least 14 inches (0.64 cm) thick in order to be accepted. If your package does not meet the required dimensions, the USPS may either return it or automatically increase the shipment and charge the client.
- 5 Use Media Mail to send books, CDs, and other types of media. A cost-effective way to transmit media such as sound and video recordings on a disk, manuscripts, sheet music, printed instructional charts, medical binders, and computer-readable media across the country is through the United States Postal Service’s Media Mail service. Game consoles and computer hard drives are not eligible for discounted Media Mail rates.
- It is possible to send media mail with a maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg).
- Request confirmation from a postal worker that your things qualify for Media Mail before you box them up and send them from the post office.
- 1 Place your package in a box or envelope and secure it with tape or a zip tie. Incorporate the item or things into the box or envelope, and, if required, cushion the contents with cushioning materials (such as bubble wrap, newspaper, or packing peanuts). Seal the envelope or tape the box tight using packing tape to ensure that it shuts flat on all sides. The top and bottom of the box should be reinforced with tape to ensure that it does not open while in transit. For retail ground and first class mail, you can use any strong cardboard box that you have on hand. You are not required to utilize the Priority Mail box provided by the United States Postal Service.
- Use a box that is large enough to accommodate your package while yet allowing you to add any additional cushioning material if necessary.
- Otherwise, you can scratch off any stickers or logos on your box that are not the USPS emblem for Priority Mail boxes with a marker or cover them with your postage label.
- Make certain that your box does not have any loose items hanging from it, such as twine, string, or tape, because these items might become entangled in the sorting machinery.
1 Place your shipment in a box or envelope and secure it with tape or tape-like adhesive.Assemble the item or things inside the box or envelope and, if required, cushion the contents with cushioning materials (such as bubble wrap or newspaper), before sealing the envelope or taping the box shut with packing tape so that it shuts flat on all three sides.To keep your package from opening during shipment, tape the flaps on the top and bottom of the box together.For retail ground and first class mail, you can use any strong cardboard box that is not too heavy.No need to utilize the Priority Mail box provided by the United States Postal Service.
Take care to choose a box that is large enough to accommodate your package while yet allowing for some extra space for cushioning material.Otherwise, you can cross them out with a marker or cover them with your postage label if your box includes stickers or emblems other than the USPS logo for Priority Mail boxes.In order to avoid becoming caught in the sorting machinery, make sure your box does not have any loose items hanging from it, such as twine, string, or tape.
3 Take your package to the post office so that it may be measured and weighed.Before you can ship your item, you must first pay for the appropriate postage, which means you must take precise measurements of the box’s size and weight.When you bring your item to the retail counter of your local post office, a postal worker will weigh and measure it to calculate how much postage it needed.They will also get the opportunity to check the package to ensure that it has been properly prepared.When the postal worker is calculating the necessary postage, be careful to inquire about the cost of confirmation numbers, since they may incur an additional charge depending on your shipping methods.
- Tip: You may pay for your flat rate Priority and Priority Express Mail postage online and have it attached to your package so that you can bring the cargo to the post office ready to be scanned and processed. Make your payment at usps.com/business/postage-options.htm and print the labels so you may stick them on your delivery.
- 4 Prepare and attach the postage to the parcel. Having your cargo weighed and measured is the first step in purchasing the postage necessary to get it sent. Postage should be applied on the package in a prominent and easily accessible area. A barcode will be printed on the shipping label, and this barcode will be scanned when the package is processed along the way to delivery, so make sure the label is easy to locate and scan. A postal worker may also provide you with the cost of shipping for a variety of ways, allowing you to evaluate and select the most cost-effective choice for your shipping requirements.
- If you purchased your package from the post office, the postal worker will frequently add the postage for you
- otherwise, you will have to do it yourself.
- Postage is always placed at the top-right corner of an envelope, however the location of the postage might differ for parcels.
- In the event that you printed your own postage on standard paper, wrap the paper completely with transparent tape to ensure that it does not become too moist to see or scan
- Provide the postal worker at the retail desk with your box in step 5. It is possible to validate that the item has been correctly packed and that the relevant postage has been applied by the postal worker behind the counter. After that, they will scan the package and prepare it for distribution. They may also be able to give you with a confirmation or receipt for your purchase.
- 6 If you want to trace your package, get a tracking number. Tracking information allows you to keep track of your package while it is in transit. This is a useful function if you need to check on the status of a product or make sure that it has been delivered successfully. It may be more expensive to obtain tracking information for a parcel being shipped through First-Class Mail or Retail Ground, but knowing where your package is at all times can provide you with piece of mind. Getting tracking information is included for free with Priority Mail, Priority Express, and First-Class Mail. If you need to verify that your shipment was received by someone, you can get a signature confirmation from the Postal Service.
- Question Add a new question Question Is it necessary for me to utilize a box? A padded envelope can be used to mail a small, non-fragile object.
- Question Will they come and get it? If you arrange a pick-up at USPS.com/pickup, your carrier will come to your location and pick up your item for delivery. Will it be possible to utilize a cardboard box with U-Haul branding all over it? The answer is yes, so long as the postal and return addresses are plainly visible. Is it possible for me to pay in cash? Is it true?
- Question Is it possible for me to take my item to my local post office and have it packaged and wrapped, or do I have to do it myself? In order to protect their customers’ purchases, the Postal Service does not bundle or wrap them.
- Question Do I need to provide a return address? If you don’t, it’s to your favor, especially if the product is unable to be delivered for whatever reason. Should the shipping label be placed on the side of the box or on the top? If at all feasible, both. If you just have one label, place it on the top surface of the container.
- Question Is it okay if I use scotch tape to make the address label? Is it true?
- Question Is it necessary to provide identification while shipping a package? No, you do not need to provide identification in order to mail an item. Is it possible to pay using a credit card? Yes.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Before dropping off an item at the post office, double-check that it is securely closed and that the address is clearly printed on it.Additionally, you should specify a return address in case the product is unable to be delivered.As soon as you are ready to ship the item, take it to the post office and have it weighed by a postal worker to determine the amount of postage that will be charged to you.Payment must be made next, and the postage must be applied on the item in a visible area.Following application of postage, simply hand the parcel over to a postal worker, and you’re done.
You should request a tracking number when you hand over the box if you want to be able to follow the progress of the shipping.Continue reading for advice on how to select the most appropriate delivery method.Did you find this overview to be helpful?The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,724,425 times.
How to Send a Package in the UK
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Whether you’re sending a present to a loved one or running a small business, you may find yourself in the position of having to send a box to the United Kingdom at some time.In general, it’s a very basic operation, and both the United States Postal Service and the Royal Mail have made it simple to ensure that your shipments satisfy all of their standards in order for them to arrive at their intended destination.
Things You Should Know
- Make sure to properly package your package with lots of cushioning and tape to ensure that it is protected during its travel.
- If you’re shipping a box to the United Kingdom from the United States, you’ll need to fill out a customs form and attach it to the package with transparent tape or a sticky envelope.
- For those shipping packages from within the United Kingdom, you may pay postage online using the Royal Mail App and drop it into your mailbox, or you can take the parcel to a customer service station.
- Pack your package securely with enough of cushioning and tape to ensure that it is protected throughout the transportation process.
- If you’re shipping a box to the United Kingdom from the United States, you’ll need to fill out a customs form and attach it to the package with transparent tape or a sticky envelope
- It’s easy to send a parcel from within the United Kingdom by purchasing postage online using the Royal Mail App and dropping it in your mailbox, or you may take the item to a customer service station.
2 Tape the sides down with 2 in (51 mm) broad tape to hold them in place.Make certain that all of the seams are securely fastened.If necessary, overlap two pieces of tape together.Make sure there are no loose flaps on any area of the box before closing it up.Avoid using thread to seal your box, such as twine, bows, ribbon, or other forms of string.
It is very possible that these sorts of fabrics may become trapped or torn during transit.
- Promotional material
- 3 In the upper left-hand corner of the package, write the return address label in large letters. Reusing a box requires that any existing labels be removed and the box’s contents marked with a black permanent marker prior to use. Make use of a pen or marker that will be readily visible against the color of the packaging, and write as neatly as you possibly can on the item’s label. Include your name or company’s name, address, city, zip code, and country in your message. The return address should be something along the lines of the following: Maya Pataky123 Star LaneAkron, OH 44304, United States of America
- Avoid writing with a pencil since there is a high likelihood that it may get smeared and unintelligible
- Return addresses are needed by the United States Postal Service for the purpose of maintaining security.
4 The ″to″ address should be written in capital letters in the bottom lefthand corner.Make a legible copy of the address with a marker or a pen.The name, street address, town, post code, and destination country should be written in all capital characters so that it is simple to understand the information.For example, the following would be the contents of a package addressed to London: 1234 SUNNY ROADLONDON W1P 6HQUNITED KINGDOM BOB CLOUDS
- 5 Fill out a customs form either online or in person at the post office before leaving the country. All packages being shipped from the United States to the United Kingdom must include a customs form on the outside of the box. You must fill out the relevant information, which includes specifics about the package’s contents, weight, and value. Forms should be filled out and placed in a special customs envelope with the backing peeled off so that it may be stuck to the top of the box Make certain that the barcode on the form is clearly visible! PS Form 2976-B is the formal document you’ll require. It should be placed within the corresponding plastic envelope (PS Form 2976-E).
- To obtain a duplicate of the customs form, go to You may either pick up a customs envelope at the post office or get several for free online at The customs label should be placed to one side if there isn’t enough room on top of the box for it.
- 6 Calculate the shipping expenses and attach a postage label to the parcel to complete the transaction. Shipping labels may be calculated, purchased, and printed from the comfort of your own home if you have a printer, or you can take your item to the post office, where they will calculate the cost for you. The cost of shipping is determined by the weight of the box, its size, and how fast you want it to reach at its destination. To figure out how much postage you’ll need, go to this website. In the example above, shipping a small gift weighing less than 4 pounds (1.8 kg) and packaged in a 13 by 11 in (330 by 28 mm) box would cost around $75.
- For example, it would cost around $56 to ship a book that weighs little less than 1 pound (0.45 kg) in a tiny box or envelope.
- It would cost around $102 to send numerous candles that weigh approximately 10 pounds (4.5 kg) in a 12 by 12 in (300 by 300 mm) box.
7 Hand over items weighing less than 10 ounces (280 g) to your postal carrier for delivery.In the event that you were able to complete and print the forms and labels you required at home, you may be able to deliver smaller parcels straight to your mail carrier and avoid making a trip to the post office.If you give your postal carrier a package that does not contain the correct information, the box will be returned to you without being opened.
- 8 Take parcels weighing more than 10 ounces (280 g) to the post office for drop-off service. Larger parcels must be delivered to the post office on their own initiative. Meanwhile, you may double-check that the customs form was properly completed and that you’ve paid the appropriate amount for shipping and handling. A pickup might also be scheduled, either in conjunction with your usual mail delivery or at a designated time. To make a request for a pickup, go to
- 9 In order to send larger items and compare costs, look into various mail providers. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is frequently the least priced alternative for overseas delivery, particularly for smaller products. If you are sending things that weigh more than 20 pounds (9.1 kg), however, shipping firms such as FedEx or UPS may be able to save you money in some circumstances. To obtain a price for UPS shipping from the United States to the United Kingdom, go to To obtain a quote from FedEx, go to the following website:
- 1 Make sure your shipment is packaged in a sturdy box with plenty of cushioning. 2 To guarantee that the contents of the box don’t move around while in transit, cover it in plenty of bubble wrap or shredded paper. More padding should be added if you shake the box back and forth and can hear or feel the contents moving around in it. Make use of vinyl or nylon tape to seal the box around all of its corners.
- The packaging should be marked with a ″FRAGILE″ label if the contents are fragile or breakable.
- To ensure that perishable baked products arrive in good condition, wrap them in plastic wrap and then cover them in bubble wrap to ensure they arrive in the best condition possible.
- If you’re sending food goods that need to be kept cold, consider using an insulated foam container. Additionally, you might use gel packs or dry ice to protect the food from being too heated.
2 Write your return address on the outside of the package, either on the top or the side.If there is room, place the return address in the upper lefthand corner of the package; if there isn’t enough room, place it on one of the box’s two sides.Include your name or business name, street address, village or region, city, and postal code in the body of the email.Make the very first line of the return address read ″Return Address″ (or something similar).Your return address will be something along the lines of the following: Return Mailing Address Happiness Glades, 77 Bright Lane, Heswall, Bournemouth, BH1 1AA, United Kingdom
3 Place the ″to″ address on the top of the package, in the bottom lefthand corner, and seal the package tightly.As much room as possible between the end of the address and the margins of the package (around 1–2 inches (25–51 mm)) should be left.Use a marker or pen that is easy to read against the background color of the box to write legibly.Use a white label and put the address on top of it if it is absolutely essential.Only capital letters should be used to write the town’s name and postcode.
A typical address would look something like this: http://www.address.com Wallace Bumble345 Fromage LaneHeswallBOURNEMOUTHBH1 1AA Wallace Bumble345 Fromage LaneHeswallBOURNEMOUTHBH1 1AA
4 If you want to purchase postage online, you may do so by using the Royal Mail App.Using the app, you can monitor your deliveries, purchase and print shipping labels from the comfort of your own home, measure your box for appropriate postage, and keep track of your shipments.If you don’t have access to a smartphone, you might potentially take your item to a customer care location.It is possible to pay postage using the app even if you are unable to print labels at home.The label will be created for you when your package is delivered to a Royal Mail customer service station.
- 5-Put your correspondence in a mailbox or deliver it to a customer care center. Once you have determined that your parcel will fit inside a mailbox and that you have printed the postage at home, you can simply place it inside the postbox and proceed on your way. If it’s too large, or if you still need to purchase postage, you’ll need to take it to your nearest customer care center to be mailed. You can take your box to a customer care center and have them handle it if you require proof of postage.
- If your package weighs more than 2 kilos (4.4 pounds), it should not be placed in a letterbox.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining.Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved.Advertisement submissions are welcome.If you’re producing a mailing label at home and don’t have any adhesive paper on hand, that’s perfectly OK!Print it on regular printer paper and apply it to the outside of your shipment using transparent packing tape.
Cover the entire label with plastic wrap to ensure that it is protected from bad weather.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement Packages traveling from the United States to the United Kingdom cannot be more than 9 feet (2.7 m) in circumference or weigh more than 70 pounds (32 kg).
Things You’ll Need
- Packaging supplies, a sturdy box, an ink pen or marker, 2 in (51 mm) broad tape, a customs label and an envelope are all required.
- Sturdy box
- Packaging materials
- Pen or marker
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 12,784 times so far.
Shipping & Mailing
With Click-N-Send, you will automatically earn USPS Loyalty Program credits when you ship your packages to your customers.Read on to find out more Want to save time by shipping from the comfort of your own home?If you want to pay for postage and print a shipping label from your printer or a Post OfficeTM site, you may use the Click-N-Ship® service.In addition, you can arrange for a USPS® pickup from your home or place of business.1 Small businesses may now earn credits for Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® labels produced with Click-N-Ship through the United States Postal Service’s Loyalty Program.
Labels should be printed.Find out more about Click-N-Ship by clicking here.Find Post OfficesTM and other places where you may purchase stamps, ship goods, apply for passports, and other services.Depending on the size, weight, and location of your letter or package, determine how much postage or how many stamps you’ll need to send it.Find a ZIP CodeTM by street address or by city and state to ensure that your mail is delivered to the correct location.
Start with complimentary Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® envelopes and boxes, as well as additional materials, to get your mailing underway.Take a look at our selection of postage stamps.Stamps may be found by a variety of criteria, including topic, color, season, mail service, and more.Pick up your parcel for free as part of your normal mail delivery, or pay a charge to have it picked up at a time that is convenient for you.Learn how to determine the most appropriate envelope or card size, how to adhere to Postal Service addressing rules, and how to obtain stamps for your correspondence.
- Learn how to properly pack your box, select a mail service, and include enough stamps to ensure that your product arrives on time.
- Are you sending mail to an APO, FPO, or DPO address?
- There are no exceptions when it comes to military and diplomatic mail.
- No matter where your loved one is stationed, you will pay domestic rates for military and diplomatic mail.
- Numerous domestic2 and international3 services, as well as free insurance and USPS Tracking®, are available to customers.
- For further peace of mind, you may purchase additional coverage and add-on services such as Certified Mail®.
Embroider your own images on cards and envelopes, or utilize templates from third-party vendors to help you create a really unique design.Sending money orders is simple and may be done at any Post Office.You can make your payment using a debit card, cash, or traveler’s check.Money orders are a safe, cost-effective, and permanent method of payment.
- To learn more about free package pickup, visit the Schedule a Pickup page.
- Back to top 2.
This offer is only valid with selected items and is only valid for domestic destinations.Certain things are excluded from insurance coverage.Sections 609.4.3 (Non-payable Claims), 609 (Filing Indemnity Claims for Loss or Damage), and 503.4 (Insured Mail) of the Domestic Mail Manual provide more information on claim exclusions.Back to top 3.
This service is not accessible with Flat Rate envelopes and small Flat Rate boxes, or when mailing to specific locations.Ordinary indemnity coverage is replaced by insurance that has been purchased.For information on availability and coverage limits, consult the International Mail Manual.4.The scheduled delivery date and time is dependent on the origin and destination, as well as the Post OfficeTM’s acceptance time.
There are certain limits.Please refer to the Postage Calculator for further details.4.The projected delivery date that is shown on your receipt or supplied at checkout will typically represent a delivery time of 1, 2, or 3 days based on the origin and destination as well as the Post OfficeTM acceptance time.There are several exceptions and limits.For further information, please see Priority Mail.
- Back ^
How to Write an Address on a Package
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded When it comes to sending a box to a business or individual you know, it might be a hassle, especially if you’ve never sent a package in the past.However, as long as you know what to write and where to write it, you should be able to get the package where it needs to go.Take the time to familiarize yourself with the various aspects of your delivery and return address so that you can write it neatly and accurately.When you’re finished writing the address, double-check your package for typical errors to ensure that any issues are caught before they cause a delay in delivery time.
1 Print or write the delivery address on the package so that it runs parallel to the package’s longest side.You’ll want to write both addresses on the side of your package that has the most surface area so that they’re easy to see.The extra space will allow you to type the addresses with adequate space between them to avoid any misunderstanding.Keep your address from being written across a seam in your box.
2 Make the address as legible as possible by writing it using a pen or permanent marker.Most postal systems will accept addresses written in pencil, but doing so increases the likelihood of the address fading or rubbing off.Select a pen that has a significant color contrast against the color of your packaging.For example, if your box is white or tan, use a pen with black ink to go with it.
- Promotional material
- 3 The middle of the package should have your recipient’s complete name written on it. Using the receiver’s full legal name rather of a nickname enhances the probability of the package being delivered to the intended recipient. If they have just relocated, their prior residence will be able to effortlessly forward their mail to their new address. If you’re sending a package to a business, write the business’s complete name in this section, or send an email to the business to inquire about who you should address the package to.
4 Include the street address of your recipient just below their name.Fill up the blanks with your Post Office (P.O.) box or street address.If applicable, include any apartment or suite numbers that you may have.If the address specifies a specific direction, such as east (E) or northwest (NW), provide that information here to guarantee that your product gets to where it needs to go.Make every effort to maintain the street address on a single line.
If your address is likely to span two lines, you can enter your apartment or suite number on a separate line after your street address.
- 5 Include the city and zip code of the person who will be receiving the letter underneath the street address. Fill in the blanks below the street address with a complete and accurate spelling of your city. If you’re not sure how to spell the city, you can search it up on the internet. Add the zip code to the right of the city name to ensure that your delivery is delivered to the correct address even if the city name is typed incorrectly. Use no commas or periods in your delivery address, not even to separate the city and zip code
- Between the city and the zip code in the United States, include the state as well. When sending foreign mail, provide the province and country in addition to the zip code. Make a note of the zip code formatting used in each nation to ensure that you provide the correct one.
1 Your return address should be written in the left-hand corner of your package. Make sure to keep your return and delivery addresses separate in order to avoid any mistake. Your delivery address should be in the center of the page, and your return address should be in the top left corner of the page. Avoid combining the return and delivery addresses in the same field.
- 2Before you provide your address, write ″SENDER″ in all capital letters on the line. In the event that your delivery and return addresses are too near to each other, putting sender above your return address will help to avoid any possible misunderstandings.
- 3Add a colon after the ″SENDER″ and continue putting your address below it. Make sure that your address is in the same format as the shipping address. On the first line, include your street address, apartment or suite number, and/or directions if you have them. Your street address should be followed by your city and zip code.
- 4 Make sure your handwriting is legible by checking it twice. It is crucial that both your delivery and return addresses be legible. The readability of your return address is especially critical. If your shipment is unable to be delivered for whatever reason, it will be returned to the sender for their inconvenience. Using a white label, cover the address on your parcel and re-write the return address if the first attempt was unsuccessful.
1 Do not use address abbreviations that have not been allowed by the postal service in your country of residence.Street designators (such as ST for street), secondary street indicators (such as APT for apartment), directional indicators (such as N for North), and state and country designations are all approved by the majority of postal services (like CA for California or UK for the United Kingdom).It is not acceptable to shorten city names.To avoid any misunderstanding, spell it out thoroughly (e.g.Los Angeles, not LA).
- 2Make sure you’re using the right zip code for the location you’re planning to visit. Including the incorrect zip code might cause your product to be delayed much more than not including a zip code at all. In extreme situations, your delivery may even be misplaced entirely. Check the zip code before you type it to ensure that you have included the correct one. Make sure you have the correct address typed down by re-reading your list of addresses. Write your address slowly, as writing rapidly might increase the likelihood of making a grammatical or spelling error. Check that your written addresses correspond to the right delivery and return locations. Any typos should be covered with a white label before rewriting the addresses.
- Fill in the blanks with your address on the box that is the proper size for your shipment. Even if you type the correct address, selecting the incorrect shipment box might have an impact on your packaging and delivery expenses. If you’re not sure which package is best for your purchases, ask a member of the postal service staff for assistance. Advertisement
Question Add a new question Question Is it better to write my address on the back of the envelope or in the corner of the front side of the envelope? Both ways are widely utilized, although the upper-left corner of the front is the most efficient from the aspect of postal efficiency..
- Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Written clearly enough that it can be read from an arm’s length away, your address should be legible.
- Make certain that the contents of your box are properly wrapped and secured, particularly if you are delivering fragile products.
- Purchase the appropriate amount of postage to send your box out, based on the weight of your shipment.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo create an address on a package, begin by writing the entire name of the receiver in the middle of the label.In the space below that, provide their whole street address, including any apartment or suite numbers, such as ″Unit 3105 Long Street Grand Beach Village,″ for example.After that, at the bottom, provide their city and ZIP code.No matter whether you’re creating the label by hand or on a computer, make sure the text is legible from a distance of at least one arm’s length away.You should attach your label on the largest side of your package so that it will be easy to view after you are through writing it.
Continue reading for more information, including how to write a return address on a package.Did you find this overview to be helpful?The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 175,753 times.
How to Send a FedEx Package
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Sending a shipment using FedEx is simple and convenient.To begin, you’ll need to package and label the item in question.After that, you may choose and pay for the delivery option that best meets your requirements and budget.Finally, you may ship the product and keep track of its progress online.Regardless of what you’re delivering or who you’re mailing it to, FedEx can get it to its destination quickly and easily.
What you need to do to get your shipment to where it has to go will be explained in detail in this post.
- 1Make certain that the item can be sent. Occasionally, packages carrying hazardous or dangerous items and materials, such as chemicals and medication, will be unable to be transported. In order to send some commodities, such as lithium ion batteries, they must be labeled specifically. Visit the following websites for a complete list of things considered hazardous or dangerous, as well as shipping requirements for these items:
- 2 Prepare the item for shipping. You may pick up the necessary packing goods at a FedEx location near you or buy them online. You should generally utilize a postal envelope, a conventional corrugated cardboard box, or a shipping tube, all of which are available in a number of sizes to transport your package. If required, use bubble wrap to protect the contents of the box. Make certain that the packaging is tightly closed, either with the built-in glue strip (for envelopes) or by placing packing tape across all of the seams (for boxes) or by strengthening the sealed ends with packing tape (for tubes). Make a copy of the finished shipping label and place it inside of the box if at all feasible.
- Promotional material
- 3 Complete the shipping label and any other paperwork that may be necessary. The name, address, and phone number of both the sender and receiver must be included on a domestic mailing label in order for it to be processed. You’ll also need to include a description of the item you’re shipping, as well as the worth of the item and the weight of the shipment. You may either fill out the forms in person at any FedEx location, or you can fill them out online and print them off at home. In the event that you are filling out the documents online, make certain that you have an appropriate scale to weigh the shipment.
- In the case of overseas deliveries, you’ll need to fill out customs forms that include the export control classification number and the harmonized system code, both of which may be discovered using the tool accessible at
4 Place the label on the container’s longest flat side, which should be the longest.Using a transparent plastic pouch, place the label you’ve produced in it and peel off the adhesive backing.Assemble and securely attach the shipping container label to the widest flat surface of the container, taking care not to tape over or otherwise hide the label in any way.The recipient’s address should be on one side of the seam and the barcode on the other.If the package is too tiny to put the full label on one side, the recipient’s address should be on the other side of the seam and the barcode should be on the other.
Make use of a zip tie to attach a tie-on tag label to luggage and other containers that have handles.
1 Determine how soon you would want the product to be delivered to you.When it comes to domestic packages, you have a variety of alternatives, including same-day delivery, next-business-day delivery, 2- or 3-business-day delivery, and ground delivery (1-5 business days).When shipping overseas items, you have three options: the fastest possible delivery (1 business day), international priority (1-3 business days), or international economy (3-5 business days) (2-5 days).When selecting a delivery service, you have the option of requiring a signature upon delivery of the goods if that is what you want.
- 2 Obtain insurance coverage in the event of a loss or damage. You simply need to declare the value of the item on the mailing label, and FedEx will reimburse you up to $100 for the cost of replacing the item if it is damaged or lost in the mail. For more valuable objects, you must disclose the value and pay an insurance premium of $0.90 per $100 of the item’s worth. If you find yourself in the position of having to submit a claim, you must produce documentation of the item’s value. If FedEx damages or loses an item that you have delivered, you must produce the purchase receipt and complete a claim form online at
- 3 Pay for the shipping expenses. The cost of shipping is determined by the weight and size of the shipment, as well as the delivery service that you select from the available options. In the store, you can pay with cash, cheque, or a debit/credit card, among other options. If you want to print the label online, you will be required to make a payment with a debit/credit card or make an electronic money transfer before you can actually print the label. To find out how much a certain bundle will cost, go to Advertisement
- 1If you have the opportunity, drop off the package. In the event that you live or work close to a FedEx store or dropbox, you may simply drop off items that you’ve tagged and paid for online at the location of your choice. Alternatively, you may visit a FedEx shop to complete the necessary paperwork and pay for delivery there. For a list of FedEx shops, go to
- for a list of FedEx drop box locations, go to
- for further information, go to
- 2If it is more convenient, make arrangements to have the parcel picked up. You may arrange for a package to be picked up from your residence or place of business at your leisure. ″Schedule a pickup″ is the phrase you use when calling 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). Alternatively, you may arrange for a pickup by visiting the website. Keep in mind that if you don’t already have a FedEx customer account, you’ll need to create one in order to arrange a pickup online.
- 3Use the tracking ID number printed on the ticket to locate the shipment. The shipment receipt includes a tracking ID, also known as a reference number, at the top of the page. To monitor your package, simply enter the tracking number at the website. This tool will give you with information on the current status of your shipment as well as the current and previous locations of your package. Advertisement
- 1If you have the opportunity, please drop off the package. In the event that you live or work close to a FedEx store or dropbox, you may simply drop off items that you’ve tagged and paid for online at the location of your choosing. Alternatively, you may visit a FedEx location to complete the necessary paperwork and pay for shipment. In order to locate a list of FedEx shops, visit
- in order to find a list of FedEx drop box locations, visit
- 2If it is more convenient, arrange for the shipment to be picked up. You can arrange for a package to be picked up from your residence or place of business at your convenience, if necessary. ″Schedule a pickup″ is the phrase you use when calling 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3333). If you prefer, you may make an appointment for a pickup online at You should keep in mind that, if you don’t already have one, you’ll need to establish one with FedEx in order to book a pickup online.
- Use the tracking ID number printed on your receipt to follow the progress of your order. The tracking ID, or reference number, is located at the top of the shipment receipt. Simply enter the tracking number at the website to track your package. This tool will give you with information on the current status of your cargo as well as the current and previous locations of your package, among other things. Advertisement
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Sending a Fedex package is typically uncomplicated, thanks to the fact that you may select from a variety of services to meet your specific needs.First and foremost, make sure your item is securely packaged so that it can be picked up.You may pay for the postage fee online and choose the delivery option you want, such as next-day delivery or delivery within 3 working days, before submitting your order.Once you’ve completed your preparations, you may drop off your package at a Fedex shop or dropbox in your neighborhood.Fedex’s website has a list of dropbox locations that you may visit.
Alternatively, you may arrange for Fedex to pick up your item at your residence or place of employment.Continue reading for information on how to get insurance for your FedEx cargo.Did you find this overview to be helpful?Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 92,422 times so far.
Everything You Need to Know About How to Send Mail
Although your envelope or Priority Mail® package may be sealed and ready to go, is the address on the envelope or package correct?It’s possible that you’re not aware of the fact that incomplete, illegible, or inaccurate package addresses might prohibit your mail from reaching its intended destination on time.That is why we are giving a few back-to-basics shipping ideas to help you ensure that your products arrive at their destinations on time.Instructions for Sending a Letter Envelopes, boxes, and other packaging materials Envelopes made of ordinary white, manila, or recycled paper can be used to send letters, bills, greeting cards, and othe