Is the post office open on July 4th, 2021? No, the United States Postal Service will not be open on Sunday, July 4, 2021. Although the post office will be recognizing the Fourth of July on Monday, July 5, 2021 as a holiday for its employees, the Post Office is usually closed on Sundays and the holiday is no exception.Is the post office open on July 4th, 2021? No, the United States Postal ServiceUnited States Postal Service The United States Postal Service (USPS; also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States, including its insular areas and associated states. https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › United_States_Postal_Service will not be open on Sunday, July 4, 2021. Although the post office will be recognizing the Fourth of July on Monday, July 5, 2021 as a holiday for its employees, the Post Office is usually closed on Sundays and the holiday is no exception.
For example, government offices and libraries will be closed on Friday, July 3rd. Those that are typically open on July 4th, such as some libraries, will also close on July 4th. That said, post offices have opted to observe the federal holiday only on the actual day this year.
Is the post office open on 4th of July?
According to the USPS website, “This year, July 4 (the legal public holiday for Independence Day) falls on a Saturday. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail or package deliveries.”
Is the post office open on July 4th 2020 in Wisconsin?
WISCONSIN, ILLINOIS — The Post Office will be closed on Saturday, July 4, 2020, in observance of Independence Day. There will be no mail delivery, caller service or Post Office Box service. All services resume on Monday, July 6. The Post Office will be open regularly scheduled hours on July 3.
Is USPS open on weekends&holidays?
The majority of USPS Post Offices are closed for business on the following holidays: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, USPS will observe it on the preceding Friday. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, USPS will observe it on the following Monday. Most Post Offices are open on Saturday (except holidays), but with shortened hours and early closing time.
Is the post office open on Independence Day 2021?
This year, Independence Day falls on a Sunday. In honor of America’s holiday, the post office will be closed on Independence Day 2021. How can I celebrate Independence Day 2021?
Are stores open or closed on July fourth?
Many of those people might be staying close to home due to the holiday falling in the middle of the week, but many stories will still close in recognition of the day. Stores like large supermarkets, pharmacies, and other retailers will be open for July Fourth, though it’s always best to check the hours before heading to the store.
Is Mail Delivered on the 4th of July 2020? Are Post Offices Open or Closed?
- Photograph courtesy of the United States Postal Service.
- The Fourth of July occurs on a Saturday this year, which means that if you’re wondering whether or not you’ll receive mail on the Fourth of July, the answer is NO.
- All postal services and government offices will be closed on Saturday, July 4, 2020, in order to accommodate the holiday.
- This includes mail delivery, which will be suspended on Saturday, July 4, 2020, for the convenience of residents and businesses.
- This year, July 4 (the formal public holiday for Independence Day) falls on a Saturday, according to the United States Postal Service website.
- On Friday, July 3, there will be no mail or package deliveries, and Post Offices will be closed.
″Mail delivery will be open for regularly scheduled business hours on Monday, July 6, and will resume operations as usual on Tuesday, July 7.However, delivery hours on Friday may differ depending on your area, so if you’re expecting a specific package or piece of mail, we recommend phoning your local post office to confirm delivery hours.Continue reading for a detailed breakdown of the United States Postal Service’s 2020 holiday schedule:
USPS Closes For All Major & Minor Federal Holidays, Including MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Veterans Day & Columbus Day
- Every major and minor federal holiday, including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Veterans Day, and Columbus Day, is observed by the United States Postal Service each year. Check out the entire list of federal holidays honored by the United States Postal Service (USPS) below: Monday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 20, 2020
- Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, 2020
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, 2020
- Labor Day, Monday, September 7
- Columbus Day, Monday, October 12
- Veterans Day, Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day, Monday, November 26
- and Christmas, Monday, December 25.
Workers’ Day, which comes on Monday, September 7, 2020, will be the next federal holiday observed by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Although most USPS offices will be closed on certain days, a few may be open with limited hours or services, so it is always a good idea to check with your local branch to confirm the holiday hours and services.
FedEx & UPS Are Also Closed on Saturday & Have Modified Hours Throughout the Holiday Weekend
- FedEx and UPS will both offer modified services on the Fourth of July, and both package delivery firms will offer modified services throughout the weekend. According to the FedEx website, FedEx Custom Critical services would only be available on Saturdays, and the FedEx Office will have reduced hours of operation. All other services are closed on July 4th, including the post office. According to the UPS website, the following are the 4th of July services available from UPS: There is no UPS pickup or delivery service
- some businesses do not accept UPS. It is possible that the UPS Store sites may be shuttered. Check with your local store for particular hours of operation
- UPS Freight is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Unless an appointment has been made in advance, delivery service is not possible. It is possible to schedule pick-ups in advance by calling your local Service Center or the UPS Urgent Services Department at 1-800-644-0900
- UPS Express Critical service is available around the clock, seven days a week. Call 1-800-714-8779 or go to upsexpresscritical.com for further information.
- As with FedEx, only UPS Express Critical will be open on Saturday, July 3, however the majority of the rest of the UPS and FedEx services will be available as usual on Friday, July 3.
- Check out the Fedex holiday schedule in its entirety here, as well as extra information on the company’s holiday dates and closures over here.
- UPS holiday hours may be seen on their website here.
- Garbage pickup, government services, and municipal, state, and federal courts are among the other services that will be disrupted by the federal holiday.
- The DMV and most county libraries, as well as the stock market, will be closed on July 4th; however, national parks are often open on this day.
Is the Post Office Open on 4th of July 2020?
- In the year 2020, the Fourth of July will fall on a Saturday.
- Some post offices are open on Saturdays, while others are closed.
- Consequently, it’s understandable that you would wonder, ″Is the post office open on the Fourth of July this year?″.
- This becomes even more confused in 2020, because some areas will mark the holiday on the 3rd of March this year, which is the closest weekday to the holiday this year, making it even more perplexing.
Is the Post Office Open on 4th of July?
The quick answer is that it does not. The post office will be closed on the Fourth of July in 2020, as well as in any other year. This holiday, commonly known as Independence Day, is one of the federal holidays observed throughout the country. The post office, as well as other government offices, will be closed on this holiday.
Is the Post Office Open on July 3rd, 2020?
- Because the Fourth of July occurs on a Saturday this year, things are a little more complicated.
- Because Independence Day occurs on a weekend this year, several groups will mark the holiday on July 3rd instead.
- For example, on Friday, July 3rd, all government offices and libraries will be closed for the holiday.
- Those establishments that are normally open on July 4th, such as certain libraries, will be closed on that day as well.
- Having said that, this year, post offices have decided to celebrate the federal holiday just on the actual day itself.
- On the Fourth of July, they will be closed.
On July 3rd, 2020, however, they will reopen at their normal hours.Unlike the federal holiday calendar, which we discussed in detail in our Memorial Day essay, the post office holiday schedule is unusually different from it.Because the post office generally runs on Saturdays, and the other government agencies do not, this year’s schedule represents a departure from the norm.As opposed to those businesses that closed on the 3rd, the post office chose to remain open and observe just the official day.
Is the Post Office Open on July 5th, 2020?
- Some individuals are concerned about whether or not the post office will be open the day after a significant holiday.
- Most of the time, the Post Office is open the next day.
- The post office, for example, was closed on July 4th because it fell on a Thursday, but it was open as normal on July 5th since it fell on a Friday.
- This year, though, is unusual only in that the Fourth of July falls on a Saturday, rather than a Friday.
- As a result, the 5th of July is unquestionably a Sunday.
- Sundays are the only days that the post office is closed.
For this reason, according to the natural calendar year, the post office will be closed on July 4th and 5th, 2020 (both days in the same year).
Will the Post Office Deliver My Mail on 4th of July?
The post office, as well as all of its services, will be closed on July 4, 2020, in observance of the federal holiday. This covers the finalization of letter delivery. To summarize, your mail carrier will not deliver mail to you on the Fourth of July. It is anticipated that mail that would have been delivered on the Fourth of July will be delivered on Monday, July 6th,2020.
Are Other Mail Delivery Services Open on 4th of July?
- Neither FedEx nor UPS will be open on July 4th due to the holiday.
- These alternatives to the post office are also open on the federal holiday, which is Monday, December 25.
- Most FedEx services will be closed on July 4th and 5th, with the exception of their FedEx Office service, which will be open as usual and their CustomCritical services, which will be open as usual.
- Details may be found on this page.
- That being stated, unless you make use of special services, you may expect FedEx to be closed for the duration of the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
- UPS will be open on the 3rd of July and closed on the 4th of July.
In addition to being closed on July 3rd in commemoration of Independence Day, their UPS Freight service will also be closed on that day.
Post Office Normal Business Hours
- The hours of operation for each post office are different; thus, you must contact your local office to find out what they are on a regular basis.
- Many of them, on the other hand, adhere to a standard weekday routine.
- On weekdays, post offices are typically open at 8 a.m.
- or 8:30 a.m.
- On weekdays, they typically close their doors between 5 and 6 p.m.
- Some post offices are open the same hours on Saturdays as they are on weekdays.
On Saturdays, all other post offices are closed, including the United States Postal Service.Others are only open for a portion of the day.As a result, especially on Saturdays, you would need to contact the location closest to you to see whether or not they are open.It’s not a problem for 4th of July weekend, because you already know that the post office will be closed in honor of the holiday.
2020 Post Office Holidays
- To help you understand when the post office is closed, we’ve put up a comprehensive holiday schedule for the remainder of 2020: Monday, September 7th
- Monday, October 12th
- Veterans Day – Wednesday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25th
- and other holidays are observed.
- If you’re wondering what other holidays lead the post office to close, here’s a list of the ones that have already occurred this year: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Christmas Day is on Wednesday, December 25
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is on Monday, January 20
- President’s Day (Washington’s Birthday) is on Monday, February 17
- Memorial Day is on Monday, May 25
- and Thanksgiving Day is on Wednesday, December 25.
As you can see, we’ve reached the midpoint of the calendar year. After the Fourth of July holiday is commemorated, there are five more post office holiday days available in 2020.
What Else is Open / Closed on 4th of July 2020?
- According to the previous sentence, government offices and libraries will be closed on July 4th and will also be closed on July 3rd this year. Aside from that, the following things will be closed on the Fourth of July holiday: Banks and credit unions, garbage collection, schools, and the stock market are all examples of services.
- To put it another way, all government offices that are open for business will be closed on this day.
- On the Fourth of July, public transportation frequently operates on a Sunday or holiday schedule.
- For the most up-to-date information on your local transit system, visit their website.
- Private enterprises, on the other hand, are more likely to remain open.
- On the 4th of July, many stores and restaurants are open for business.
- Walmart, for example, is open on the Fourth of July.
Many stores are even offering special deals for the Fourth of July holiday.
Does COVID-19 Affect Post Office Hours?
- Every time someone inquires about whether or not a store is open for the holidays, they must keep in mind that these are not standard business hours.
- For example, just because a business is normally open does not imply that it will be open during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- This has no impact on the post office on the holiday because it is closed regardless of the circumstances.
- However, it has no effect on the post office in any case.
- This is regarded as a critical line of business.
- As a result, mail distribution has continued as usual throughout COVID-19.
The majority of post offices have maintained their usual business hours.Our blog pieces are well-liked by our readers, and if you want to try your hand at blogging, we have excellent news for you: you can do it right here on Saving Advice.To get started, simply click on this link.In order to be able to design your blog on your own domain while also requiring hosting service, we propose that you test BlueHost.
They provide robust hosting services for as little as $3.95 per month!Kathryn Vercillo is a professional writer who enjoys maintaining a healthy work-life balance.She recognizes the need of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- She appreciates the sense of balance in her relationships, and she has worked hard to learn how to balance her money in order to live a more balanced life in general.
- Despite the fact that she is only partially blonde, she is always attempting to achieve entire equilibrium.
- She is delighted to share everything she has learnt with you and to learn much more with you as the journey continues.
USPS Post Office Holiday Hours ~ Closed/Open Today – 2022 Store & Mall Hours
- The majority of United States Postal Service (USPS) Post Offices are normally open on the following holidays, however some may have reduced hours: Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras are two of the most popular celebrations.
- Fat Tuesday is St.
- Patrick’s Day, and Friday is Good Friday.
- — Monday, April 1st – Cinco de Mayo – Halloween – Thanksgiving – Thanksgiving Day – Black Friday and Cyber Monday On the eve of Christmas and New Year’s Eve, There are a number of holidays when the majority of USPS Post Offices will be closed for business, including: January 1st– Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Day (MLK Day)– Presidents Day– Easter Sunday & Monday Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and Independence Day are all celebrated annually (4th of July) Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day are all holidays.
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the United States Postal Service will honor it on the Friday before.
If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the United States Postal Service will honor it the following Monday.Saturday (unless on holidays) is a day when most post offices are open, but with abbreviated hours and an earlier closing time.Some establishments are closed on Saturday.On Sundays, all post offices are closed, including those in the United Kingdom.
Tax Day will be observed on Monday, April 15, in 2019.Post offices MAY be open late, but do not rely on them to be open.Since the majority of taxpayers now e-File their returns, extended hours on Tax Day are significantly less common than in previous years.
- Make sure to complete your taxes by April 15th to avoid penalties and interest.
Is the post office open on July Fourth 2021?
- CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM: 5:30 p.m. ET on July 2, 2021
- updated: 15:30 p.m. ET on July 3, 2021
INDEPENDENCE DAY is one of the most widely observed holidays in the United States. Every year, on July 4th, Americans commemorate the signing of the Declaration of Independence, a landmark day in American history. To keep up with all the newest news and stories, keep an eye on the Fourth of July live blog.
Is the post office open on Independence Day 2021?
Independence Day occurs on a Sunday this year, which is unusual. The United States Postal Service will be closed on July 4, 2021, in observance of the national holiday.
How can I celebrate Independence Day 2021?
Independence Day is celebrated in a variety of ways around the United States of America. Barbecues, family gatherings, and fireworks are the most frequent ways in which people mark the occasion. Parades are also held in certain locations throughout the day, followed by the lighting of fireworks displays at night.
What Fourth of July Events are happening this year?
Many different events are being held in various locations around the country to commemorate the occasion.
New York City
- Nathan’s Famous 2021 July Fourth Hot Dog Eating Contest will take place on Cony Island in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday, July 4, 2021, beginning at 11 a.m.
- Greenpoint’s Skyline Theater will be hosting a Fourth of July block party in Brooklyn, including food and drink choices, as well as music by a DJ roster that includes Goldfish, Phantoms, and Devault. The event is organized by Project 91. Customers may buy an entrée and receive unlimited beverages from 11:30am to 5pm at Collective Governors Island’s Bottomless 4th of July brunch, which begins at 1pm.
- The Jersey City Night Market will include a fireworks spectacular, as well as food vendors and shopping for guests to enjoy in a socially detached atmosphere.
- Over the course of four days, Boston will host the city’s annual Boston Harborfest, which will include historical reenactments, live music, as well as parades and fireworks over Boston Harbor.
- A live broadcast fireworks display at Tanglewood will be hosted by Keith Lockhart, with special guests Jon Batiste, bandleader of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and iconic vocalist Mavis Staples.
- AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl, one of the most spectacular fireworks displays in the Los Angeles area, will take place in Los Angeles. The fireworks will go off at about 9 p.m. PDT, and there will be a kid-friendly carnival with a motocross show before to the fireworks display.
- Patrons at Marina del Rey may enjoy spectacular fireworks over the ocean beginning at 9 p.m. PDT.
- The Carnival Jamboree will take place from July 1-4 in Arlington Heights, Illinois, just outside of Chicago
- a two-day Independence Day Salute event will begin on July 2, 2021 in Grant Park Music Festival in Chicago, Illinois, at 6 p.m., and will last until July 4, 2021. In addition to the Armed Forces Salute and Florence Price’s Dances in the Canebrakes, there will be the 1812 Overture and a grand finale, Stars and Stripes Forever, as well as other patriotic music.
- The Fort Worth Stockyards will host a three-day Red, White, and Boots celebration that will feature live music, lawn games, raffles, and other activities.
- On July 4, the city of Dallas will conduct a Red, White, and Brave event to honor the important employees who have assisted the city during the epidemic. The ceremony will include a fireworks show from Las Colinas beginning at 9:30 p.m.
The nation’s capital will stage a Capitol Fourth Concert, which will be hosted by Vanessa Williams and will comprise pre-taped performances from various places around the country, culminating in live fireworks over the National Mall beginning at 9:09 p.m.
Post Office Will Close July 4TH in Observance of Independence Day – Illinois newsroom
- Bedford Park, Illinois — Bedford Park, Illinois — Saturday, July 4, 2020, will be a holiday for the post offices in the 601, 603-605, 609, and 613-617 ZIP Codes, in commemoration of the Fourth of July holiday.
- There will be no mail delivery, no caller service, and no Post Office Box service during this time period.
- On Monday, July 6, all services will be resumed.
- On Wednesday, July 3, the Post Office will be operating during regular business hours.
- Customers who desire to purchase stamps, mail packages, or send urgent letters or parcels on July 4 can do so at certain post offices by using the Self Service Kiosks that will be accessible.
- With just credit or debit cards accepted, the kiosk, which looks similar to an ATM, can perform around 80% of normal postal transactions, such as package weighting and postage dispensed for priority express, priority first-class, and Parcel Post mail.
Accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Self Service Kiosks are available for use.If a consumer needs the phone number of a specific Post Office, they can call 1-800-ASK-USPS for assistance.The United States Postal Service does not receive any tax monies to cover its operational expenditures and instead relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover its costs.
- This weekend, people in the United States will be commemorating the Fourth of July.
- Find out if the post offices are open or closed by calling the number listed above.
- Because of the ongoing pandemic issue throughout the world, this year’s Fourth of July festivities will undoubtedly be markedly different from previous years.
- The Covid-19 outbreak has disrupted a number of activities and celebrations since individuals were compelled to stay at home and companies were forced to close for several months.
- Because the Fourth of July occurs on a Saturday this year, people all across the world are wondering if the post offices will be open.
What is the 4th of July?
- Since 1941, the Fourth of July has been observed as a federal holiday in the United States.
- This day, also known as Independence Day, commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence by the United States of America on July 4, 1776, marking the beginning of the American Revolution.
- For more than two centuries, Americans have celebrated the Fourth of July with fireworks, parades, and other celebrations with family and friends, as well as barbeques and other events.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT: Ten of the finest 4th of July puzzles to put the whole family to the test
4th of July: Is the post office open?
- No, post offices in the United States will not be open on the Fourth of July.
- Furthermore, there will be no mail delivery, which means that those of you who are expecting packages will have to wait until next week.
- The post offices will be open as usual on Friday, July 3rd, and mail and package delivery will continue as usual, according to the USPS.
- Post offices have elected to observe only the Fourth of July as an official holiday, in contrast to other government facilities, which have decided to close on July 3rd as well as the Fourth.
- READ MORE: According to this CIA research, the Law of Attraction is true.
What else will be closed?
Is the post office open on Fourth of July 2021? Is there mail delivery on July 4th? Will the mail run?
- The Fourth of July holiday in 2021 will be celebrated on Sunday, July 4, 2021.
- This page has all the information you need to know about whether or not the post office, postal delivery, FedEx, and UPS will be open or closed on July 4th, in the year 2021.
- NOTE: If you are looking for information on Monday, July 5, please visit this page.
- Is the post office open on the 4th of July in the year 2021?
- To be clear: on Sunday, July 4, 2021, the United States Postal Service will not be operating.
- However, despite the fact that the Post Office will observe the Fourth of July on Monday, July 5, 2021 as a holiday for its employees, the Post Office is normally closed on Sundays, and the holiday is no exception to this rule.
Is the mail delivered on the Fourth of July in 2021?Is there a postal delivery service?There will be no normal mail delivery on Sunday, July 4, 2021, as a result of the holiday.Do you think FedEx and UPS will be delivering on the 4th of July in 2021?
Additionally, with the exception of FedEx Special Delivery and UPS Special Delivery on Sunday, July 4, 2021, neither FedEx nor UPS will be delivering on that day.What are the top sales for the Fourth of July in 2021?There are a plethora of Fourth of July bargains available on the internet.
- Here are a few examples: Your assistance is required for our journalism.
- Please consider subscribing to NJ.com now.
- If you want to contact Katherine Rodriguez, her email address is [email protected]
Do you have a suggestion?Please let us know at nj.com/tips.Please keep in mind that if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
- New Year’s Day is on Friday, December 31*.
- Monday, January 17th, 2019 The birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Presidents’ Day is celebrated on Monday, February 21.
- On Monday, May 30th, it is Memorial Day; on Monday, June 20th, it is National Independence Day Monday Independence Day is celebrated on July 4.
- Monday Labor Day is celebrated on September 5th.
- Monday The 10th of October is Columbus Day.
Friday Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11th.The 24th of November is a Thursday.Thanksgiving is celebrated on November 23rd.Monday Christmas Day is on December 26th.
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the prior Friday will be recognized as a holiday for the purposes of pay and leave for the vast majority of USPS workers.If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday will be recognized as a holiday for the purposes of pay and leave for the vast majority of USPS workers.*National Independence Day, celebrated on Juneteenth, will be recognized as a holiday for career workers of the United States Postal Service, including full-time and part-time.
- It will be included in the Employee and Labor Relations Manual (ELM)518 Holiday Leave and will be subject to the regulations of that section, as well as the rest of the ELM.
2022 Post Office Holidays
- The following is a list of the post office holidays for the year 2022.
- It is important to note that mail will not be delivered or sent on certain days, so prepare accordingly.
- It is critical that you pay great attention to the information provided below since many of the days on which you may expect the United States Postal Service to be closed or open are not always as you might anticipate.
- Please feel free to make use of our 2022 United States Postal Service holiday quick reference guide or the calendars located at the bottom of this page.
- Having your parcel delivered by the mailman only to discover that the post office is closed is the last thing you want to happen.
|Jan 01||New Year’s Day||Saturday||Closed|
|Jan 17||Martin Luther King Day||Monday||Closed|
|Feb 21||Presidents’ Day||Monday||Closed|
|Apr 15||Good Friday||Friday||Regular Hours|
|May 30||Memorial Day||Monday||Closed|
|Jul 04||Independence Day||Monday||Closed|
|Sep 05||Labor Day||Monday||Closed|
|Oct 10||Columbus Day||Monday||Closed|
|Nov 11||Veteran’s Day||Friday||Closed|
|Dec 24||Christmas Eve||Saturday||Open(Some locations may choose to close early)|
|Dec 25||Christmas Day||Sunday||Closed|
|Dec 31||New Year’s Eve||Saturday||Open(Some locations may choose to close early)|
The Post Office will be closed on Tuesday, April 14th, and Wednesday, April 15th in commemoration of Labor Day, and will reopen on Thursday, April 16th for regular business hours.
2022 USPS Holiday Calendars
The calendars below list the United States Postal Service holidays that you need to know for the year 2021. The post office will be closed on the days that are shown in red on the calendar below.
Fourth of July 2021: What’s open, what’s closed on Monday, July 5?
- The Fourth of July holiday in 2021 will be celebrated on Sunday, July 4, 2021. However, due to the fact that the holiday occurs on a Sunday this year, many companies and offices will mark the official holiday on Monday, July 5, 2021. It is a national holiday in the United States that began as a custom during the American Revolutionary War in the 18th century. After the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence on July 4, 1776, representatives from the thirteen colonies ratified the Declaration of Independence, a historic document prepared by Thomas Jefferson and signed by delegates from each of the thirteen provinces. Many individuals choose to enjoy the occasion by gathering with family and friends, participating in parades, or watching fireworks displays. Here’s all you need to know about what’s open and closed on Monday, July 5, which happens to be the Fourth of July federally observed holiday. Is the Fourth of July a federal holiday in the United States? The Fourth of July is the sixth federal and state holiday of the year, and it is observed on July 4. In 2021, many companies and organizations will observe the federal holiday on Monday, July 5, 2020, due to the fact that the holiday occurs on a Sunday in 2021. On Monday, July 5, will the post office be open or closed? The United States Postal Service will not be open on July 5, 2021, as previously announced. The United States Postal Service will observe a holiday on Monday, July 5, for its employees this year since the Fourth of July holiday in 2021 would fall on a Sunday, when the post office is already closed. Is the mail delivered on Monday, July 5th? Is there a postal delivery service? There will be no normal mail delivery on Monday, July 5, 2021, as a result of the holiday. FedEx and UPS, on the other hand, will provide only the most basic of services and deliveries. Their physical retail locations will be open as well, however some may have different hours than others. In addition to UPS Freight, UPS Domestic Ground and International, UPS SmartPost will also be closed. FedEx Express, FedEx Freight, and FedEx SmartPost will all be closed. Is it possible to visit a bank on Monday, July 5? In order to commemorate the Fourth of July holiday, many banks will be closed on July 5 for in-person and drive-thru services, as the holiday occurs on a Sunday, when most banks are typically closed. On Monday, July 5, the following financial institutions are planned to close: (Please keep in mind that branch hours may differ from place to location, so it is better to contact your local bank for particular opening hours.) On July 5, 2021, the following financial institutions will be open: Is the stock market closed on Monday, July 5, for the Fourth of July holiday? The New York Stock Exchange will be closed on Monday, July 5, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday in the United States. Trading on the Nasdaq and the bond markets will be suspended as well. Is it possible to shop on Monday, July 5? Yes, most big-box businesses will be open on Monday, July 5, according to their websites. Major retailers’ hours of operation for July 5, 2021, as listed on their websites and in online shopping hours directories, are summarized here. Note: Customers should still verify with their local shop in the case that store hours differ from one location to the next. Among the stores that are open are Apple (which has hours that vary by location), Barnes and Noble (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.), Bass Pro Shops (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), Bed Bath & Beyond (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.), BJ’s Wholesale Club (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.), Boscov’s (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.), Costco
- Is there going to be any sales on Monday, July 5?
- Even on the 5th of July, there are a plethora of Fourth of July bargains available online.
- Here are a few examples: Is it possible for NJ Transit, PATH, and SEPTA to run on a regular schedule on July 4th, 2021?
- NJ Transit will be closed on Monday, July 5, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
- Rider’s should double-check arrival and departure times using NJ Transit’s online trip planner before setting out.
- On Monday, July 5, PATH and SEPTA will operate according to their regular Monday schedules.
Are the offices of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission open on July 5th?Because of the Fourth of July holiday, all Motor Vehicle Commission facilities will be closed on Monday, July 5, in addition to being closed on Sunday, July 4.Additionally, all governmental offices and courts in the state of New Jersey will be closed on Monday.What is the date of the next federal holiday?
Labor Day is observed on Monday, September 6, 2021, and is the next federal holiday.Check watch the video below for additional information on the history of the Fourth of July: Fourth of July: A History Your assistance is required for our journalism.Please consider subscribing to NJ.com now.
- If you want to contact Katherine Rodriguez, her email address is [email protected]
- Do you have a suggestion?
- Please let us know at nj.com/tips.
Please keep in mind that if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
Is the post office open today?
YES! The post office is open today.
- The post office in your neighborhood will be operating today, Monday, March 7, 2022. There is no federal holiday or weekend in effect at this time. Please go to the official USPS locator page on the USPS website to determine the particular operation hours of your local USPS location. On its Newsroom website, the United States Postal Service (USPS) also posts information regarding the status of local post offices. Here are a few shipping specials: By choosing services such as Sendle, which has no peak fees, you may avoid paying holiday surcharges. You can even get $10 in credit after delivering two goods with Shippo. Shippo will provide you with six months of free Pro Plan if you use the coupon code JUSTSHIPIT. Make use of the promotional coupon PRO6PE.
- The official holidays observed by the United States Postal Service are listed below.
- If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is customary to observe it on the following Monday.
- Similarly, if the holiday occurs on a Saturday, the holiday is honored on that particular Saturday.
- The holidays that are observed are shown in the tables below.
- On the Office of Personnel Management’s website, you may also find an official summary of federal holidays, as well as references to specific holidays for the United States Postal Service in the USPS Employee and Labor Relations Manual.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) publishes recommended shipping dates to guarantee that your shipment reaches its intended recipient on time.
- You may look at the service alerts to get a sense of when items need to be shipped by throughout the holiday season.
- Shipping deadlines for Christmas and holiday deliveries are specified here by the United States Postal Service.
- Make careful to send your things out before the suggested send-by dates are reached.
- The holidays for this year and next year are shown in the table below.
- On the dates stated above, the post office will be closed and mail will not be delivered.
|Friday||December 31, 2021||New Year’s Day|
|Monday||January 17, 2022||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday||February 21, 2022||Presidents Day|
|Monday||May 30, 2022||Memorial Day|
|Monday||June 20, 2022||Juneteenth|
|Monday||July 4, 2022||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 5, 2022||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 10, 2022||Columbus Day|
|Friday||November 11, 2022||Veterans Day|
|Thursday||November 24, 2022||Thanksgiving Day|
|Monday||December 26, 2022||Christmas Day|
USPS Holidays in 2023
|Monday||January 2, 2023||New Year’s Day|
|Monday||January 16, 2023||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday||February 20, 2023||Presidents Day|
|Monday||May 29, 2023||Memorial Day|
|Monday||June 19, 2023||Juneteenth|
|Tuesday||July 4, 2023||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 4, 2023||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 9, 2023||Columbus Day|
|Saturday||November 11, 2023||Veterans Day|
|Thursday||November 23, 2023||Thanksgiving Day|
|Monday||December 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
Is the Post Office Open on Good Friday?
- The post office will be open on Good Friday, which is a good thing.
- Mail will be delivered on the same day as well.
- The date of Easter can occur anywhere between March 22 and April 25, therefore there are no postal holidays in March or April during this time period.
- Good Friday is not a federal holiday (though it may be a state holiday in some areas), thus the hours of your local post office and mail delivery will not be affected.
- UPS and FedEx, on the other hand, may celebrate that holiday.
- The UPS Holiday Schedule for the United States can be found here, while the FedEx Holiday Schedule can be found here.
Is mail delivered on flag day?
- If you live in the United States, your mail will be delivered on Flag Day, which is June 14.
- Because it is not a national holiday, mail will be delivered unless June 14th falls on a Sunday, when the United States Postal Service does not ordinarily deliver mail.
- POW-MIA flags must be flown underneath the United States flag on Flag Day, which is one of six days each year when Postal Service facilities are required to display the POW-MIA flag.
- The sacrifices made by members of the armed services who were detained as prisoners of war or who were recorded as missing in action are commemorated by the flag.
Post office hours
- If it is not a Sunday or a federal holiday, there is a strong chance that the post office will be open for business.
- Saturdays, on the other hand, are a day off for certain post offices.
- The link below will take you to a page where you may find the daily operation hours of your local post office.
- Enter your city and state, or your Zip code, and then click on the ″Search″ button to find what you’re looking for.
- You’ll be supplied with information on the locations of neighboring post offices, as well as their shopping hours, as shown in the screenshot below.
Here’s whats open and closed this Fourth of July
- Friends and family will gather in their best red, white, and blue attire on Wednesday to commemorate the celebration of Independence Day across the United States.
- Cookouts, celebrations, fireworks, and a plethora of food are common ways in which people mark the occasion.
- However, anyone who has errands to go should try to complete them on Tuesday because many businesses will be closed or operating with reduced hours on Wednesday.
- On June 28, 1970, the United States Congress formally established Independence Day as a federal holiday.
- According to the Library of Congress, that year, even individuals living in the far western region of the country were able to commemorate the country’s independence, which had been gained less than 100 years before.
- In current times, many places are closed for the day to allow everyone to participate in a summer festival or celebration of some kind.
According to the American Automobile Association, more than 39 million people are scheduled to travel during the holiday weekend.Many of those folks may be remaining at home because the holiday falls in the middle of the week, but many storylines will nonetheless come to a close in honor of the occasion.Many stores, such as big supermarkets, pharmacies, and other merchants, will be open on July Fourth, however it’s always a good idea to double-check the hours before going to the store.However, many other businesses will be closed for the length of the holiday.
Financial Institutions: Most banks in the United States will be closed on Wednesday, however ATMs will be operating as they normally are on weekends.New York Stock Exchange: According to the NYSE website, the New York Stock Exchange is planned to close early on Tuesday and will be closed for the entire day on Wednesday.Anyone wishing to do any trade should prepare to do it either before the exchange shuts on Tuesday or else they will have to wait until the exchange reopens on Thursday.
- Tuesday’s market is slated to shut at 1 p.m.
- Eastern Time (ET).
- Post Office: The post office will be closed on July 4th in observance of the holiday, however it will reopen on Thursday once the holiday has passed.
On Wednesday, post offices will be closed, and mail will not be delivered as a result.Getting your license renewed on your day off may have seemed like the perfect opportunity, but the Department of Motor Vehicles will be closed on Wednesday as well.A reminder that the United Postal Service will not be making pickups or deliveries on July Fourth.FedEx: The majority of the services provided by FedEx will be closed on Wednesday, however certain FedEx offices may be open for restricted hours in some areas.In addition, FedEx Custom Critical will be available for business.Federal Express’s other services, such as FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery, would be unavailable on Wednesday.
- Gym: Those seeking to get in a workout before the Fourth of July celebrations may be in luck.
- There are certain gyms that have holiday hours and will be open for a short period of time on Wednesday.
- It is recommended that anyone looking to work up a sweat contact their local gym to find out about particular operating hours.