What Happens If Usps Loses My Package Ebay? eBay expanded their policies to hold Sellers responsible for the item up to the point of delivery as confirmed by tracking. When an item is lost in the mail the Seller must either send a replacement at their own cost, or give a full refund of the original payment to the Buyer.
eBay’s position on missing items is clear – buyers are entitled to a refund under the Money Back Guarantee. If the tracking details show that the item has been in transit without movement for more than 7 days (10 for international shipments), refund the buyer the full sale amount including the shipping cost.
An eBay Package Lost by USPS Can Be Tracked Down A USPS lost package does not have to be a cause for distress. You might have to be patient as the shipment could be late, especially if it is coming from a foreign country like China. Another action you could take before contacting USPS or filing a claim is to look for the package.
What happens if my package is lost by USPS?
When your mail item is lost, you should file a claim no later than 60 days from the date of mailing.’ You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you’ve already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in. 10-30-2020 05:40 PM If you didn’t take out any insurance then yes you are out the money if your package was lost by USPS.
Will eBay cover the lost package?
No, Ebay will not cover the lost package. You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you’ve already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in. 10-31-2020 01:52 AM The coverage protects you, not the buyer. If a buyer doesn’t receive a package, the seller must refund the buyer’s entire payment.
What do I do if my package is lost or stolen?
When you drill down to the Claims section, this is stated: ‘Keep your postmarked mailing receipt and proof of value of your shipment in case you need to file a claim. When your mail item is lost, you should file a claim no later than 60 days from the date of mailing.’
What happens if USPS loses eBay package?
Refunds? You would refund the buyer and file an insurance claim with USPS. If you didn’t purchase additional insurance then you will only get a check for the amount included with your Priority label.
Does eBay protect seller if package is lost?
Your shipping obligation ends when the item is delivered, not when it is shipped. This has ALWAYS been the case for eBay’s seller protection. YOUR protection against a lost package comes from YOUR purchase of shipping insurance.
Does USPS refund you if they lost your package?
If your package was stolen and there’s evidence, take photos and submit those too. If your USPS lost package was insured, you should be able to get a refund directly from USPS. If your USPS package was stolen, you should be able to go through the seller to receive a replacement or refund.
What happens when USPS loses your package?
You can report a missing USPS package by filing a claim at the USPS claims site. The sender or receiver of a USPS package can file a claim, but the original purchase receipt must be available. You can receive a refund for mail that is lost or never delivered to its final destination as long as the package is insured.
How do I file a claim with USPS on eBay?
Here’s how to file your claim:
- Go to Shipping labels – opens in new window or tab in My eBay or Seller Hub.
- Find the shipping label for the item and select Create claim under More actions.
- Fill out the claim form.
How do I file a missing package claim on eBay?
Report an item that hasn’t arrived through My eBay
- Go to Purchase history – opens in new window or tab.
- Select More actions beside your item and then I didn’t receive it.
- Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item.
- You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
- Select Send request.
Is seller responsible for lost package PayPal?
If you did not receive your package just file a dispute for item not received. Without tracking to show delivery PayPal will refund your money. Don’t worry about whether the seller has insurance or not; that’s the seller’s problem.
Who is responsible for eBay delivery?
Sellers must use the delivery service the buyer selected during eBay checkout. In order to ensure a positive experience for all eBay users, the delivery service detailed in the listing and chosen by the buyer should be provided.
Who is responsible if a parcel goes missing?
When a parcel goes missing, it’s logical to think the courier company is liable. However, it’s actually the retailer who is responsible for compensating you. While it’s a good idea to contact the courier first, if the parcel is truly lost, you’ll need to take it up with the retailer.
How do I contact USPS about a missing package?
You can also file a claim for the lost/delayed mail. Or call the U.S. Postal Service Domestic & International Tracking department at (800) 222-1811.
How do I get a refund for a lost USPS package?
You will need to follow these steps:
- Go to USPS’ website.
- Open the Help category.
- Click on Requesting a Refund.
- Click the Request a Refund link under the Apply Online section.
- Sign in.
- Complete the form.
Can I call USPS to see where my package is?
You may call this phone number to obtain additional information on USPS Text Tracking: 1-800-222-1811. To obtain help from your mobile device, use any of the following: HELP, INFO, or AIDE.
How long before a package is considered lost UPS?
In order to be considered lost, a package must still be undelivered for at least 24 hours following the expected delivery date and time.
Why is my USPS package still in transit?
Your package could be stuck in transit for many reasons: loss, damage, or even a USPS tracking system failure. More likely, though, the short-staffed US Post Office has misplaced, mislabelled, or simply overlooked your package. This means it can be located easily enough once you call attention to its absence.
Why is my package still in transit to next facility USPS?
What Does In Transit Mean? Seeing the message that your package is “in transit to next facility” means that the order is ready and on its way to delivery. If you are using USPS, the delivery status can be changed with messages like USPS awaiting item, USPS, pre-shipment, or being processed through the facility.
Did USPS Steal my package?
Interfering with the mail is a federal crime. In 40 years of mail order businesses, the USPS has never stolen a package of mine. They have lost and crushed packages, but never stolen. USPS employees have pride and integrity. And they have their own police force – United States Postal Inspection Service.
What to do if package is stolen USPS?
How do I contact USPS about a lost package?
How to find a lost USPS letter or package?
What eBay Sellers Should Do when an Item Goes Missing
- While the vast majority of eBay shipments are delivered to their intended recipients, it is an inevitable reality of life that some do not make it to their destination.
- Whether the item was delivered to the incorrect location or was damaged to the point that the label was unreadable, having an item go missing is a frustrating experience for both the customer and the seller on eBay.
- Buyers have up to 30 days after the expected delivery date of an item to file a claim if the item is not received (eBay.com).
- Following receipt of a ‘item not received’ notification from a buyer, sellers have three business days to reply and settle the situation with the customer.
- Following that, eBay will take over.
It will be discussed in this article what sellers should and should not do in the case that a purchased item is not received by the customer, as well as how to prevent similar situations from occurring again in the future.
Check tracking information first
- It is recommended that eBay sellers post an item’s tracking information as soon as possible after receiving it.
- Not only is this beneficial to the buyer, but it also helps to limit the number of concerned messages sent to the seller regarding the location of the item.
- A seller should examine the tracking information as soon as a customer makes a ‘item not received’ inquiry.
- The next step a seller takes will be determined by the most recent state displayed on the item tracking information.
If tracking information shows item lost, refund the buyer
- The attitude of EBay on missing products is unambiguous: purchasers are entitled to a refund under the company’s Money Back Guarantee policy.
- The seller will refund the whole amount of the purchase price, including shipping costs, if the tracking information indicates that the item has been in transit without movement for more than 7 days (10 days for international shipments).
- Similarly, if the seller does not have any tracking information, the resolution is the same as it is in the other case.
- The customer is entitled to a full refund under certain circumstances.
- One advantage is that the seller is rewarded with the Final Value Fee once the refund has been completed, which is a nice little bonus.
A new item can be sent as an alternative to a refund, however sellers should first consult with the customer to see whether this is a suitable solution for the situation.
Make an insurance claim with the shipping company
- When a seller experiences a lost item, the next step is to file an insurance claim with the delivery provider.
- A copy of the original shipment receipt and verification of the item’s worth (a PayPal transaction record, for example) are normally required in this situation.
- a copy of the original shipping receipt What if you don’t have insurance?
- Sellers who do not have shipping insurance will almost certainly find themselves out of cash in the event of a missing goods transaction.
If tracking information shows item delivered, wait
- If the seller obtains genuine tracking information demonstrating that the item has been delivered to the intended location within the specified time limit, the seller is under no obligation to repay the buyer or otherwise address the matter with the customer. For the absence of the lost item, the vendor assumes no responsibility. In this circumstance, it would be wise to request that the buyer do the following: Check with other members of the family to ensure that they did not neglect to notice a box arriving
- Examine the outside of their home thoroughly to ensure that the box was not accidentally placed in an unexpected location.
- Identify any packages that have been delivered on behalf of someone else by asking your neighbors.
- Make contact with the shipping firm to obtain further information regarding the delivery
- If they believe the item has been stolen, they should file a police report.
If the tracking information reveals that the item was delivered to the same zip code as the buyer’s given address, the ‘item not received’ request will be closed immediately within 24 hours of being submitted.
What not to do when an item goes missing
As a follow-up to our recent discussion of what sellers should do when an item goes missing, here are some recommendations on what sellers should absolutely avoid doing when dealing with ″item not received″ accusations.
Refuse to claim responsibility
- Although it may be stated in an item listing, it is not permissible for sellers to assert that they are not responsible for things that are missing or damaged.
- According to eBay’s Money Back Guarantee policies, sellers are responsible for missing products unless tracking evidence demonstrates that the item was delivered successfully.
- If a seller fails to repay a customer when necessary, eBay will withdraw the monies from the seller’s account in order to rectify the matter.
Ignore the buyer’s messages
As previously stated, purchasers are entitled to a refund if an item is not received within the specified time frame. Ignoring messages from the buyer or failing to complete the open transaction will not help or advance the current situation. eBay will take action, and the seller stands to lose the most as a result of this.
How to reduce problems concerning missing items
Even though it is impossible for an eBay seller to assure that all parcels are delivered securely, on time, and to the proper location, there are a few steps that may be taken to minimize the difficulties that might arise as a result of things going missing.
Always send items with recorded delivery
- With no question, the most straightforward approach to avoid the majority of ″item not received″ concerns is to ship products by recorded delivery and post the tracking information to eBay as soon as possible after sending the item.
- It is beneficial to both the buyer and the seller, and it also ensures that eBay is pleased in the event that an item goes missing.
- The usage of signature confirmation is mandatory for any orders valued at more than $750, according to eBay regulation (effective October 2020).
Purchase shipping insurance
- The purchase of shipping insurance protects sellers in the event that an item is lost or stolen during transit.
- The cost of purchasing insurance is, of course, an extra premium on top of the standard shipping expenses, but for the vast majority of sellers, it is well worth it.
- This is especially true for things of higher monetary worth.
- Sellers are not permitted to request that purchasers pay for insurance or to charge a separate fee for shipping insurance through eBay.
Keep tracking details safe
- When sending things, be sure to properly record and save the tracking information for future reference and reference.
- There are several approaches that may be taken, but the most essential thing is to develop a system that is effective and maintain it over time.
- Being able to offer tracking information might be the difference between having to provide a refund and not having any obligation or loss at all.
- As demonstrated in this article The second important point to remember is to input the tracking information as soon as possible after receiving it.
- The requirement to post tracking information before the expected delivery date has passed has been in effect since September 2018 for customers of eBay.com, and this requirement is applicable to requests for ″item not received″ appeals such as those stated in this article.
Find Out What To Do in the Case of an eBay USPS Lost Package
What should you do if your eBay shipment is missing by the United States Postal Service? Who should you contact first, the online store or the delivery provider, and how should you go about it? We respond quickly and provide the most convenient solution to your delivery concerns. With DoNotPay, you may obtain a refund in a matter of minutes!
Facing an eBay USPS Lost Package Situation—What Now?
If you have not received your eBay order by the anticipated delivery date, you should take the following steps: 1.
- Steps to TakeAdditional Points to Consider Verify the shipping and handling information. You may find the information in your eBay account’s Purchase history area. Alternatively, you can contact eBay customer service. Check to ensure that the delivery address is correct and full, as well as the projected delivery date, before proceeding. Get in touch with the vendor if you have any questions. If you notice any discrepancies in the delivery details, contact the seller to see if they can: Change the delivery address
- Refund your money
- or Refund your money back.
- It is possible to cancel your existing order and place a new one (unless the shipment has already been sent)
|Contact eBay||If the seller does not get back to you in three days, you could get a hold of eBay directly and ask them to step in|
- To notify the seller or eBay of a missing package, you must do so within the timeframes specified. You should notify the following people: The seller has up to 30 days after the anticipated delivery date to make good on his or her promise.
- Depending on when you notified the seller of the problem, eBay might take between three and twenty-one days to respond.
An eBay Package Lost by USPS Can Be Tracked Down
- A missing parcel from the United States Postal Service does not have to be a source of concern.
- Due to the possibility of shipping delays, especially if the package is coming from a foreign nation such as China, you may need to exercise patience.
- Prior to calling USPS or making a claim, you might try to locate the box yourself.
- You should begin with the following steps if the shipment status indicates that the product has been delivered.
Inspect your mailbox and the area surrounding your property since couriers may drop a package anywhere, including your: mailbox, garage, or shed.
- Side or back door
- Garage area
Check with your neighbors to see whether your shipment has been delivered to their residence. This can occur if you do any of the following:
- Were not at home
- Entered an incomplete address
If your item does not arrive as expected, you should make a claim with the United States Postal Service.
Request a Refund for a USPS Missing Package From eBay
You can file a claim with the United States Postal Service using the following information:
- Mail, online form, and DoNotPay’s automatic Late Delivery Refund facility are all options.
Love a Pen and Paper? Start a Claim via Mail
If you prefer a paper version of the claim form, the USPS can send it to you via regular mail. Start the process by calling the United States Postal Service at 1-800-332-0317 and requesting a printed Domestic Claim Form. The reps are accessible from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. When you receive the form, you should do the following:
- Fill it out completely
- Please include any supporting documents.
- Everything should be sent to the address indicated on the form.
USPS Lost My Package From eBay—Is an Online Claim a Good Way?
You can file a claim with the United States Postal Service for priority, insured, and registered parcels by following the processes outlined below:
- Navigate to the File a claim page.
- Check the filing period, which varies depending on the sort of parcel that has gone missing. You will have to wait anything from seven to seventy-five days before submitting your claim.
- Obtain all of the relevant information and paperwork, such as:
- The label with the tracking number on it
- Printed electronic label record with a barcode
- Insurance was purchased, as well as original postage receipts.
- Sales receipts, paid invoices, card billing statements, and so on are examples of evidence of value.
- Submit the claim via your USPS account
DoNotPay provides important information on a variety of issues, like how late USPS deliveries can be, what you should do if you receive an eBay or USPS refund, and how to claim USPS insurance, to name a few.
Requesting a Refund From USPS Is Not Complicated if You Choose DoNotPay
- Consider DoNotPay if you wish to avoid the following situations: I’m looking for courier information as well as contact information.
- Attempting to contact customer support on a consistent basis
- Waiting for an answer that will never come
Subscribe to DoNotPay and follow the simple instructions below to get started:
- Alternatively, you might use our Late Delivery Refund product.
- Choose a courier business, such as the United States Postal Service.
- Please include all of the required information about your cargo.
DoNotPay will automatically submit a lost package claim to the United States Postal Service on your behalf.
Have Other Shipping Issues? DoNotPay’s Reliable Knowledge Base Helps You Build Your Case
- DoNotPay can assist you in submitting a late delivery refund request with a variety of shipping firms, including UPS. Because we also give relevant advise on a variety of delivery-related issues, you might be interested in learning more about: How long you must wait before receiving a refund from eBay
- Whether you are eligible for a refund from eBay for the following items: Mailing charges and a USPS shipping label are included.
- Whether you used a gift card or PayPal to make your transaction,
- You should act in the following situations: your UPS, FedEx, or Amazon shipment has been delayed
- In the event that your shipment is misplaced by UPS or FedEx, you should take the following steps:
How Else Can DoNotPay Be of Assistance?
- DoNotPay will assist you in resolving your item delivery issues and will submit a delivery refund request on your behalf, but we are capable of much more in the process of resolving them. Use our app to learn how to return an undesired item to any firm or how to receive a refund for any service you have purchased. Besides clearing the way for your legitimate reimbursements, we can also help you obtain the cash that’s left on your gift card balance and any other compensation you may be entitled to. Contact us now. Poor in-flight Wi-Fi or canceled or delayed flights
- expenditures associated with violent crime
- spam emails if there is a class action against the sender
- clinical trial participation
- workplace discrimination
- persistent robocalls or robotexts
- and more.
How To Use DoNotPay the Right Way
- Many businesses begin bombarding you with unsolicited communication as soon as you begin using their products or services, but our app can put a stop to that practice immediately.
- Burner Phone and Virtual Credit Card goods from DoNotPay ensure that you will never have to provide your actual information to a random company again.
- We’ll make certain that you may sign up for any free trial without danger and that you can cancel any services that you don’t utilize in a couple of minutes!
- We’ll also assist you in completing time-consuming duties more quickly or taking care of them altogether on your behalf.
- Using our app, you may prepare papers and contracts, get them notarized, and even submit them using the app’s online fax capabilities (which is free).
We’ll set up a DMV appointment for you, assist you in obtaining access to public records, or determine if you qualify for property tax exemptions and how to apply for them in the shortest amount of time.
No Seller Protection for USPS Lost Package?
- Packages always arrive, even when there are delays in the United States Postal Service’s processing.
- I ship all items within my stated shipping time, have USPS scan all packages to ensure they are marked accepted, and even though the United States Postal Service has suffered a significant decline in the last 18 months or so, packages always arrive.
- I recently had a buyer start a complaint with me for an item that had not been delivered.
- I checked the tracking information and saw that the box had been processed by my regional USPS facility and was currently ″in route to the next facility.″ I was relieved.
- I updated the case with the buyer’s tracking information and included a comment stating that if the box had not moved for a total of seven days, I would initiate a research case with the United States Postal Service.
Having filed two research cases, then a missing mail case, and staying in close contact with my customer, I decided to call eBay to see if the buyer could receive a refund under the eBay Money Back Guarantee and if I would be protected under the eBay Seller Protection because tracking showed that I shipped on time, USPS was in possession of the item, and it had gone through some processing before reaching my customer; however, it appeared that USPS had misplaced this package.According to the representative, only the customer may request a refund.I forwarded this information to the buyer, who in turn raised the situation to eBay.Because I did not offer verification that the item had been delivered to the customer, they decided to reimburse the buyer and deduct the refund amount from my available cash.
Duh.I contacted eBay and inquired as to why this was not protected by Seller Protection, stating that I had done all possible to satisfy my seller duties within the eBay platform.The representative stated that she will forward the matter to the appeals team.This morning, I received a response stating that they are standing by their initial decision and would not offer a refund to my account since I did not provide confirmation that the item had been delivered to the recipient.
- Oh my goodness!
- So, in a nutshell, there is no longer any Seller Protection available on eBay.
- I’ve had purchasers open returns for fictitious reasons, return open or used things, and so on, and I’m always the one left holding the bag when it comes to money.
When I first stopped selling on eBay some years ago because I wasn’t protected against unethical purchasers, I was glad to see that eBay had improved seller safeguards.However, I am noticing that they are reverting to previous practices.A decision point has been reached in addition to keeping my managed payment monies for around a week after a transaction has occurred.Again, I’m drifting toward the conclusion that ″it’s time to abandon eBay.″ My success finding buyers on other marketplaces (but not the river!) is greater, so I have a plethora of options for moving my 700-800 listings.
What to Do If You Have a Lost or Stolen Package
- Continue to the main content Expert in security, safety, and technology reporting More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Packages might go misplaced from time to time.
- We have to admit that most of the time when you’re looking for a lost package, it’s because someone has taken it from your front door and taken off.
- Almost 26 million shipments were stolen in the United States in 2017.
- ¹ You can follow these methods to get your package stolen back, track down the burglar, or frighten off porch pirates before they do their heinous act of vandalism.
- To see more videos like this one, make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Learn how to keep your house, your loved ones, yourself, and your valuables safe from harm’s way.
Here’s what to do if a package is stolen
Keep yourself safe! Subscribing to SafeWise’s weekly email is free of charge. Get the latest information about safety news, product launches, and special offers.
What to do if your package is stolen
- If you have a genuine suspicion that you have been hit by a porch pirate and that something has been taken from your stoop, call the authorities and submit a police complaint for the stolen parcel with the police department where you live.
- If there are no witnesses, they will be powerless to prevent the incident, but they will make a record of it.
- Keep in mind to give the cops any film you have from your doorbell camera if you have it.
- You should also inform them of the time the delivery provider said your box was delivered and the time you discovered it had gone missing.
- The police will be more likely to investigate and apprehend the package thieves if they hear from other people in your neighborhood who are experiencing the same difficulties as you.
Filing a police report may also be beneficial if you want to file an insurance claim for the delivery that was not received.
Watch out for post-pandemic porch pirates
- Package theft increased dramatically across the country, from Buffalo, New York, to Eugene, Oregon, as more people were compelled to purchase online as a result of the outbreak. And the epidemic porch pirates came up with some ingenious solutions. Theft of packages was committed by a group of women in Kennewick, Washington, who disguised themselves as nurses. Another package thief struck in Pennsylvania, this time stealing the ashes of a loved one off the doorstep. Even if the epidemic is slowing down, we recommend that you exercise greater caution. Keep track of each and every package
- Take delivery of items as soon as you receive a delivery notification
- check to see if your video doorbell or security camera is sending you motion alerts
- use delivery lockers if you have the option
- The majority of the time, a misplaced shipment is something you specifically requested. If this is the case, you should contact the vendor and inform them that your product has not been delivered as expected. Is the seller liable for packages that have been stolen? Maybe. It all depends on the website where you made your purchase and the policies that are in place on that site. You could wish to inquire with the company’s customer care department. In my experience, firms who send out a replacement immediately quickly, without any questions asked, have a high rate of success. However, not every firm will provide you with a replacement item or a refund for your purchase. Keep any evidence that supports your allegation in a safe place. If you receive a notification of delivery, but the package is not where it was supposed to be, take a photo of the situation.
- Keep a record of your order confirmation number and any other information that can assist the company in tracking down your purchase.
- Keep track of delivery numbers and information to provide along to the firm so that it can contact the courier on your behalf.
If the stolen parcel was sent by a friend or family, notify them that it has not been delivered as scheduled.. They can get in touch with the vendor or the courier to see if they can figure out what went wrong.
3. How do I report a stolen package to Amazon?
Tell them if the stolen parcel was sent by a friend or family and that it has not been delivered. If they are unable to determine what happened, they can contact the seller or the carrier for assistance.
4. How do I report a stolen FedEx package?
- FedEx makes it simple to file a claim for a misplaced shipment.
- If you bought or mailed something from the United States via FedEx, you may make a FedEx stolen parcel claim online to get your goods back.
- FedEx is also a rather quick delivery service.
- In most cases, claims are resolved within five to seven business days of being filed.
- When it comes to filing a claim for damaged or missing materials, you’ll have 60 calendar days to do so as either the sender or the recipient.
For lost item claims, you’ll have up to nine months to file them.However, make sure to save all packaging and evidence in case FedEx want to inspect them.
5. How do I report a stolen package to UPS?
- In the event of a shipment being lost or stolen, UPS provides varying insurance based on whether your package was sent within the United States or worldwide.
- For domestic shipments, if you place an order and it doesn’t arrive, you won’t be able to make a missing package claim until 24 hours after the delivery was meant to arrive.
- Product claims for items acquired from outside the United States are more difficult to process.
- You will not be able to register a claim for certain items, and it may be difficult to obtain a refund or replacement for them.
- All of the assertions are as follows: UPS will examine your claim for a lost shipment as soon as you file it.
It might be difficult to determine if a shipment has been misplaced or stolen.Regardless, all undeliverable shipments, for whatever reason, are dealt with in this manner.If you ordered the merchandise, you need get in touch with the vendor, since UPS would give the refund to them instead of the purchaser.
6. Contact USPS about a stolen package
- Because it is more difficult to submit a claim with the USPS than it is with other carriers, parcels stolen or lost by the USPS can be more difficult to track down than goods lost by other carriers. While the company’s procedure for reimbursing damaged parcels is well defined, the procedure for reimbursing stolen mail is not. If your parcel was mailed and delivered by the United States Postal Service, but it has not arrived, you will need to make a claim. Prepare the tracking number in advance
- Be prepared to present proof of insurance coverage.
- If at all feasible, obtain documentation demonstrating the item’s worth.
If your shipment has been stolen and there is evidence, you should snap photographs and submit them as evidence as well. If your item was insured by the United States Postal Service, you should be able to request a reimbursement straight from USPS. Generally speaking, if your shipment was stolen by the USPS, you should be able to get a replacement or a refund through the vendor.
What you can do to prevent package theft (or track down those porch pirates!)
- You should take use of whatever cameras you have, whether they be doorbell cameras or outside security cameras.
- If a shipment is not delivered as promised, keep an eye out for it on video.
- The parcel may be checked to see if it was delivered by the carrier or if it was taken by someone else.
- If you see a theft, you should contact your local police station.
- Alternatively, if you can demonstrate that no one ever showed up at your door, the carrier (if you’re the shipper) or shipper (if you’re the recipient) will be required to repay you the money you paid.
Installing a camera on your porch will provide you with proof of delivery or theft.These days, there is a wide selection of smart doorbells and home security cameras to choose from.Some use applications to give out fast notifications, while others just capture video footage.
2. Shine a light on the situation
- Put to good use whatever security cameras you have, whether they be doorbell cameras or outdoor security cameras.
- If an expected package is not present, keep an eye out for it on video.
- Whether the box was dropped off by the courier or whether it was taken away by someone else is something you may check up online.
- If you see a theft, contact your local police station right once.
- Alternately, if you can demonstrate that no one ever arrived at your door, the carrier (if you’re the shipper) or the shipper (if you’re the recipient) will be required to issue you a refund.
A camera mounted on your porch might provide evidence of delivery or theft.Smart doorbells and home security cameras are now available in a wide range of designs.Some use programs to send out fast notifications, while others just shoot video footage on their smartphones.
Tell us about your lost or stolen package experience
- Being a victim of package theft is never enjoyable, and dealing with defective carriers is even worse.
- We hope that this guidance will assist you in taking precautionary actions, obtaining a refund, or obtaining a replacement as fast as possible.
- If you have any tips on how to recover a misplaced or stolen parcel, please share them with us in the comments section below!
- It’s always beneficial to hear first-person recollections of events.
Related pages on SafeWise
Compare the best home security systems
|Brand||Best for||Lowest monitoring price||Starter equipment price||Contract required||Smart home compatibility||Learn more||Read review|
|Vivint||Best overall||$29.99/mo.||$0 due up-front with consumer financing.″>$599.00||No No-contract options available with outright equipment purchase. ″>*||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View packages||Read review|
|Frontpoint||High-end DIY pick||$34.99/mo.||$129.00||No||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View packages||Read review|
|SimpliSafe||Reader favorite||$17.99/mo.||$229.00||No||Amazon,Google||View packages||Read review|
|Cove||Best customer experience||$14.99/mo.||Quote required||No No-contract options available with outright equipment purchase. ″>*||Amazon,Google||View packages||Read review|
|ADT||Most experienced||$27.99/mo.||With $99 installation charge and new monitoring agreement. Early termination fee applies. $27.99/mo. price applies to landline monitoring only. Some restrictions apply. See full disclaimer for full offer details, terms, and conditions.″>$0.00||Yes||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View packages||Read review|
|Abode||Best DIY automation||$20.00/mo.||$279.00||No||Amazon, Apple, Google, Z-Wave, Zigbee||View packages||Read review|
|Ring||Best outdoor cameras||$20.00/mo.||$199.99||No||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View on Amazon||Read review|
|Blue by ADT||Best optional monitoring||$19.99/mo.||$199.15||No||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View Packages||Read review|
|Wyze||Best budget pick||$4.99/mo.||$85.98||No||Amazon,Google||View on Amazon||Read review|
|Brinks||Most safety sensor options||$39.99/mo.||$199.00||Yes||Amazon,Google,Z-Wave||View packages||Read review|
- Products are priced and made available according to current market conditions as of the date/time specified and are subject to change.
- If a product is listed at a lower price or is no longer available, the lower price and availability information will apply to the purchase of this product.
- Safewise.com makes use of Amazon affiliate links that are compensated.
- The Amazon website provides some of the material that appears on this site.
- Please note that this content is supplied ″as-is″ and that it is subject to alteration or removal at any moment without notice.
Rebecca Edwards has written an article.Rebecca is the chief safety reporter and in-house expert at SafeWise.com.She has worked in the industry for over a decade.She has worked as a writer and blogger for more than 25 years, with the last eight years devoted to issues of home and community safety.
Month after month, Rebecca spends dozens of hours combing over crime records and detecting trends.Her safety expertise is in high demand by periodicals, broadcast journalists, non-profit organizations, podcasts, and other media outlets, among other things.Among the publications that have featured her professional advice and analysis are TechCrunch, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Miami Herald, NPR, HGTV, MSN, Reader’s Digest, and Real Simple, in addition to an ever-growing archive of radio and television clips.Return to the top of the page
How to report a missing USPS package, file a help request and submit a missing mail claim
- It is possible to report a lost or stolen USPS parcel by submitting a claim at the USPS claims website.
- A claim can be filed by either the sender or the receiver of a USPS shipment, but the original purchase receipt must be present
- If your mail is lost or never delivered to its intended destination, you may be eligible for a return as long as the item is insured.
- Items that are collected on delivery (COD), registered mail with insurance, Priority Mail Express, and other insured mail services are eligible for reimbursements through the United States Postal Program’s claim service.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library to read more stories related to technology.
- A parcel delivered by the United States Postal Service that is lost in route can result in the loss of money and valuable products for both the client and the business. Fortunately, if the lost mail was delivered using one of the United States Postal Service’s insured services, both the sender and the recipient are able to make a claim for a full reimbursement – as long as they fulfill certain requirements. Prior to filing a claim, there are a few more options to consider when it comes to retrieving the misplaced correspondence. To begin, you should monitor your shipment to determine where it is currently located. Packages may display as ″delivered″ in certain instances, although they may not be delivered for another 24 hours. There are a few choices available if your shipment has not arrived after more than 24 hours: Fill up the USPS assistance request form, which is as follows: Initiates a search at your local post office branch, where they may be able to find and deliver your parcel.
- Send in a request for a search for misplaced mail: If your lost parcel has not been recovered within a week, you can escalate the situation by making a missing mail request through the United States Postal Service website.
- To file a refund or insurance claim, follow these steps: If everything else fails, you can make a claim with the appropriate authorities for a reimbursement. The insured mail service provided by the United States Postal Service, either purchased individually or included with your Priority Mail Express or Registered Mail service, will be required in order to complete this task.
Here’s how to file a missing package report, register a claim, and submit a reimbursement request to the United States Postal Service.
How to complete the USPS help request form
- Step 1: Go to the Help Request Form website.
- Complete the form with the relevant information, including the tracking number for the item.
- Usually, the tracking number may be found on the post office receipt or in the delivery confirmation email.
- In the pop-up that displays, enter the information asked in the appropriate fields, including the kind of USPS service utilized, the type and class of mail that was sent, the contents of the mail, the value, and any additional information you may have.
4.When you’ve finished filling out all of the fields, click ″Next.″ 5.Enter the name and address of the sender of the lost parcel as well as the address of the receiver.6.
Click on the ″Next″ button.7.Fill in your name and address on the next page, regardless of whether you are the shipper or the recipient.8.
- Specify how you would like the United States Postal Service to contact you.
- Click ″Finish″ to send your request to the appropriate department.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) will transmit this to your local post office.
How to submit a USPS missing mail search request
- If your shipment hasn’t arrived after a week, you can file a missing mail search request with the Post Office. You’ll need to sign up for a USPS account or log in if you already have one in order to accomplish this. Once logged in, navigate to the Missing Mail area of the United States Postal Service website, where you will find the following information to begin your package search: Both the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are required
- A description of the box or shipping container, including its dimensions and type
- A complete description of the contents of the box, including the size, brand, model, and any other relevant information
- Information that can be used to identify your item, such as the tracking number, receipts from Click-N-Ship labels, or the shipping date stated on your receipt
- In the areas provided, provide the information needed, including your tracking number, the mailing date and service type, whether or not your mail was insured, the address to which the mail should be forwarded if it is found, and the contents of the mail.
- Read the Missing Mail Search Disclaimer at the bottom of the page and check the box to acknowledge you understand and accept the conditions as contained therein.
- Before clicking ″Submit,″ double-check the information on the following screen and select ″Verify address″ again.
The parcel will be sent to the address you specified when submitting the search request, if it has been identified.Here’s how to get started with your hunt for lost mail.
How to file a refund or insurance claim
- Depending on whether or not you utilized Priority Mail Express, you may be eligible for a reimbursement.
- In any other case, if your mail or package was insured, you can submit a claim with the insurer.
- In most cases, the United States Postal Service renders a decision on a claim within 5 to 10 days.
- The claim can be filed by either the sender or the receiver, but it must be lodged within 60 days following the delivery date.
- It should also be mentioned that, according to USPS regulation, you will not be able to make a claim until a specific length of time has passed, depending on the service you use.
The first step is to acquire all of the necessary papers before you begin the digital filing procedure.Tracking numbers, evidence of insurance, and proof of worth are all examples of this.Please keep in mind that the manner in which you deliver these will vary based on the contents of your package.Examples of supporting documentation include sales receipts or invoices, credit card billing statements, and printouts of internet transactions.
2.Once you have logged into your USPS account, you can go to the File a Domestic Claim page and input your tracking number to begin a search for your package.Enter the information that has been asked, including the package contents, shipper and recipient addresses, the service that has been utilized, and any additional information that has been required.4.
- Select ″Submit″ from the drop-down menu.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to track a USPS order, get updates on your expected delivery, and find a missing package
How to track down a missing FedEx package by filing a claim
How to track a UPS order, leave instructions for delivery, or find a missing package
How to track a FedEx order online or contact FedEx for delivery issues
How to track your Amazon order on a computer or mobile device
- Shipping insurance provides peace of mind by ensuring that you are completely protected in the unlikely event that an item is lost or damaged while in transit to a buyer or seller.
- For all eBay sellers, USPS Priority Mail automatically covers items that are damaged or lost up to a value of $50 if they are shipped using the service.
- When you purchase USPS Priority Mail using eBay labels, you will receive $100 in insurance coverage.
- This offer is only available to top-rated sellers and sellers who have completed at least 300 transactions in the preceding month.
- As an added bonus, shipments that are damaged or lost up to the value of $100 are automatically covered by UPS and FedEx.
It is recommended that you consider getting extra coverage if the value of your item is greater than this amount.More information on extra coverage with UPS and FedEx may be found in the sections below.When you purchase and print USPS labels from our site, we will provide you with ShipCover insurance.Items transported to the majority of nations are eligible for coverage, however there are certain exceptions.
Our ShipCover page – which opens in a separate window or tab – has a comprehensive list of countries and goods that are not included in our standard shipping rates.Shipping insurance is not provided through FedEx or UPS, although you can purchase additional coverage through either carrier if you so want.It’s crucial to understand that we provide ShipCover insurance through the Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP), which is underwritten by Interstate Fire and Casualty Company, a subsidiary of Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company, which is based in New York.
Countries where ShipCover will not insure shipments
Items excluded from ShipCover
- For products delivered through the eBay Global Shipping Program, ShipCover insurance is not available at this time.
- In order to insure shipment to the domestic shipping center, you can obtain insurance through your selected carrier (see below).
- Claimants with concerns about the foreign leg of the delivery will be handled by the Global Shipping Program (which opens in a new window or tab).
- Tip In the event that you ship to a foreign country using USPS Priority Mail Express International, you will be automatically protected for products up to $200 in value.
Adding ShipCover insurance to your packages
- ShipCover insurance starts at $1.70 per $100 of coverage for domestic shipments and $2.83 per $100 of coverage for international shipments, with the first $100 of coverage being covered for free.
- You have the option to purchase coverage for up to $1,000.
- To get a complete list of pricing, please visit our ShipCover page – which will open in a new window or tab.
- Here’s how to include ShipCover in your order:
- Select Your Sold Items – opens in a new window or tab in My eBay or Your Orders Awaiting Shipment in Seller Hub from the drop-down menu
- Select the item you’d want to ship and then Print shipping label from the drop-down menu.
- Add insurance is found in the Delivery choices section
- click on it.
- Select ShipCover Insurance and, if it isn’t already filled in, type in the amount of coverage you require before clicking Add Insurance. The cost of insurance is included in the shipping costs section of the website.
- You should carefully read the conditions of coverage and click the box to indicate that you agree with them.
- Pay and print are the options.
You will get an email verifying that your cargo has been covered, as well as the policy number for your insurance.
Filing a ShipCover claim
ShipCover insurance claims are being processed through a partnership with Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP). The following is the procedure for filing your claim:
- Go to My eBay or Seller Hub and click on Shipping labels – opens in a new window or tab.
- Locate the shipping label for the item and choose Create claim from the More actions drop-down menu.
- Fill out the insurance claim form.
- You will get an email confirmation of your claim, which will include the policy number, the amount of the claim, and the claim number. Keep the following in consideration while filing a ShipCover claim: To make a claim for a damaged item, you’ll need to wait at least seven days after the transaction is completed.
- For a missing item, you’ll need to wait at least 30 days after the expected delivery date before filing a claim with the carrier.
- Only one item may be claimed for damage if numerous products were delivered and all but one arrived damaged
- otherwise, you must make a claim for each item.
What happens after you file a ShipCover claim
- The information provided by the buyer, such as a complaint of non-delivery or a return request for an item that was damaged during shipping, is used to validate your claim.
- While it is possible that the buyer may not disclose a problem, they may be required to validate your claim by replying to an email sent by Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP).
- After 15 days, if the buyer has not responded, PIP gives you a reminder to get in touch with the buyer and request that they validate the claim.
- You should contact Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP) if you have not heard back from them within three weeks of submitting your claim (opens in new window or tab).
Viewing your ShipCover claim status
Here’s how you can find out how your claim is progressing:
- Visit your Sold goods – opens in a new window or tab in My eBay, or your Orders – opens in a new window or tab in Seller Hub to view your orders.
- Choose View order information from the drop-down menu next to the item.
- Choose View claim status from the drop-down menu.
Additional cover with UPS and FedEx
Filing a UPS claim
For shipments up to $999 in value, if you acquired your UPS label from eBay, the maximum liability coverage is up to $999 in value. It is possible to claim items with a value of $999 or less in the event that something goes wrong with your delivery. Here’s how it’s done: If your package is misplaced or missing, please contact us as follows:
- Fill out the Loss Claim Form when you have downloaded it.
- Using the subject line ″Customized eBay Claims Support,″ send the completed Loss Claim Form to [email protected]
Once you have submitted your claim, UPS will begin an investigation to see whether the shipment can be traced back to you. If the inquiry is unsuccessful, you will be notified and given instructions on how to make a claim for compensation. If your package arrives damaged, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the Damage Claim Form by downloading it and printing it.
- Send the Damage Claim Form, filled with the subject line ″Customized eBay Claims Support,″ to [email protected]
- Following the submission of your claim, UPS will undertake a damage check of the package. If the carrier is found to be at fault as a result of the inspection, you will be notified and given instructions on how to make a claim for compensation.
- All damage claims must be supported by the retention of the damaged item, its packaging, and all of its contents until the claim is processed.
- It is your responsibility to make a claim with UPS – opens in new window or tab if you did not purchase your UPS label via eBay.
- Damage and loss claims are subject to the terms and conditions of the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service- opens in a new window or tab that are in place at the time of delivery.
Filing a FedEx claim
- FedEx offers the option to upgrade your stated value coverage for a little extra charge.
- When you print FedEx labels on eBay, all you have to do is input the value of the package you’re shipping (you can’t enter an amount greater than the order total), and the declared value costs are calculated for you based on that value.
- It’s your responsibility to contact FedEx directly if something goes wrong with your delivery – opens in new window or tab in order to register a claim.
- Tip Insurance is not provided through FedEx SmartPost delivery services at this time.
- For FedEx SmartPost, on the other hand, if your item is damaged or lost during the period between the time it is initially scanned by FedEx and the time it is delivered to a USPS facility, FedEx SmartPost is responsible for a maximum replacement value of up to $100 plus transportation charges.
Get help with an item that hasn’t arrived
- Some delivery delays are being caused by a large volume of shipments.
- Please wait for additional time after the anticipated delivery date before contacting the seller to inform them that your item has not yet arrived.
- If your item does not come as expected, you are protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee and may request a refund from the seller.
- Some vendors may also be able to send you a replacement item if they happen to have one available in their inventory.
Check your item’s delivery information
If your item has not yet arrived, it is possible that it is still in transit; thus, the first thing to do is to double-check the delivery information. Detailed delivery information about your order may be found in your Purchase history – which opens in a new window or tab. You’ll be able to view the estimated arrival date for the item, as well as the address to which it is being delivered.
What to do if your item is being delivered to the wrong address
- It’s possible that you gave an inaccurate shipment address during checkout; in that case, you should contact the seller using the purchase’s delivery details page to see if they’ll cancel the sale.
- They will then be able to relist the item for you to repurchase with the right shipping address on file.
- If the seller has already sent the item, he or she will not be able to modify the mailing address after it has been delivered.
- If at all feasible, we recommend that you attempt to pick up your product at the original delivery address.
- Tip You could verify with a neighbor if your item has been marked as delivered or if the anticipated delivery date has gone because it’s possible that you weren’t home when the shipment came and they took care of it for you.
Let the seller know your item hasn’t arrived
- You should contact the seller if the anticipated delivery date for your order has past and you have not yet received your goods.
- In the event that you do not get your goods within 30 days of the estimated delivery date, you must contact the seller.
- Notify us of an item that has not arrived.
- Once you’ve informed the seller of the problem, they have three business days to provide you with an update on the delivery, offer you a replacement, or issue a refund.
- Additionally, you can file a complaint about an item that has not arrived using My eBay – check the guidelines below for more information:
Report an item that hasn’t arrived through My eBay
Once you’ve informed the seller of your intent to purchase, you may check on the status of your order at any moment.
Get your refund
The seller has two business days to process your refund if you accept his or her offer to give you your money back. When they do, you’ll receive an email notifying you of the development. Your refund will be sent to the payment method that you used to make the purchase, and cash will typically be available within 3-5 business days. Verify the current status of your request.
If your item arrives after you’ve received a refund
Ask eBay to step in and help
The majority of the time, if your item hasn’t arrived, the seller will take care of the situation for you. However, if the seller has not been able to fix your issue within 3 business days, you may request that we intervene and assist you. Learn more about requesting assistance from eBay.
Canceling your case
If your item does not come within the specified time frame, you may opt to terminate your case. The following is the procedure for canceling a case:
- Navigate to your Purchase History – opens in new window or tab and locate the item you’re looking for.
- Click on the See request details option in the More actions dropdown box.
- Select Close your request and select a reason from the dro