To file an Amazon Stolen Package Claim:
- Sign in to your Amazon account and click ‘Your Orders.’
- Find the order in question and select ‘Problem with Order.’
- You will then be prompted to select the problem with your order. Enter that your package has not arrived.
- Finally, hit ‘Request Refund’ and submit.
– Three days have passed since the maximum delivery date, or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is sooner. – The order is different from expected and you’ve requested a return with the seller. – You returned an item via a trackable shipping method and the seller hasn’t issued you a refund.
What to do if your Amazon package gets stolen from the porch?
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer. If you are now entirely sure that your Amazon package got stolen from the porch, you can directly contact Amazon. Chat with customer service to let them know the details of the issue. Amazon retailers should be able to send out new packages or can issue refunds to the customer.
How do I file an Amazon stolen package claim?
File an Amazon stolen package claim. There is a program available through Amazon known as the A-to-Z Guarantee. If you are unable to get a resolution from your seller, consider filing a claim through this program.
How can I protect my package from being stolen?
Or, if it’s okay with your employer and your package is small, designate your workplace as the shipping address. A second way to prevent stolen mail is to have packages delivered to a lockbox through a service such as Amazon Locker.
What do I do if my Amazon package was stolen?
How to submit a missing package claim to Amazon
- Sign in to your Amazon account and click on “Your Orders.”
- Locate the order, and choose “Problem with Order.”
- When asked to select the problem, click on the option stating that the item hasn’t arrived.
How do I report a stolen package to Amazon?
To file a claim, go to your Orders List and select “View/File Claim” on the order. Follow the on-screen instructions, which will require you to select a reason for the claim. Reasons for claims can include: Returned order that was not refunded.
Can I get a refund if my Amazon package was stolen?
Amazon reassures shoppers with its A-to-z Guarantee Protection, which covers the majority of stolen packages. You can file a claim for a refund with Amazon if you’re having trouble getting your money back with an Amazon seller.
Can I get a refund for a stolen package?
USPS may reimburse you for stolen, lost or missing packages if the mail was insured. If your packages weren’t insured, they likely won’t issue a refund. Instead, you’ll want to contact the seller. This holds for other delivery services, too.
Who is responsible for stolen Amazon packages?
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer
Amazon covers most stolen packages through its ‘A-to-Z’ Guarantee Protection. Sometimes, purchases that are ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ are actually sourced from retail partners known as ‘Amazon Sellers.’ (You should know if that’s the case at the time you order the item.)
What to do if Amazon delivers a package that isn’t yours?
If you receive a package addressed to someone else, contact Customer Service. If you confirm that the package addressed to you, wasn’t ordered by you or anyone you know, report the package online by going to the Report Unwanted Package form.
Who do I contact if Amazon delivered to wrong address?
If a customer’s package is sent to the wrong address, they can contact Amazon customer service by phoning 1-877-586-3230, where Amazon will either attempt to recover the package, issue a refund or a replacement package if they cannot locate the original item.
Will Amazon resend a stolen package?
Amazon retailers should be able to send out new packages or can issue refunds to the customer. For third-party Amazon orders, contact the seller directly as part of Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee. Give the seller a day to respond to your chat. After that, you can proceed to the claim process for the missing or stolen package.
How much money does Amazon lose on stolen packages?
As Amazon drives more shopping online, Prime members say they receive on average 51 packages a year, and one in three Americans report having at least one package stolen, resulting in $25 million of lost goods and services every day, according to C+R Research.
Will Amazon replace stolen package?
Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost. Amazon has made shopping easier than ever, but a missing or stolen Amazon package can cause a real headache. And as online shopping surges, so does your likelihood of becoming a victim of package
What to do when your Amazon package is missing?
Does Amazon give refunds for stolen packages?
– If Amazon rejects the claim, the process is over unless the buyer appeals. – If Amazon approves the claim, you will have the opportunity to appeal. – If Amazon ultimately approves the claim, your account will be debited for up to $2,500 of the value of the buyer’s purchase and shipping.
Your Amazon Package Stolen? Do This Immediately (Updated for 2022)
Without a doubt, the items from Amazon that have been delivered to your home are essential to you.In today’s world, Amazon is the retail e-commerce behemoth of choice.A wide range of products, from electronics and literature to groceries and home goods, are available for purchase on the website.Even better, Prime delivery provides customers with free one- or two-day shipping, which encourages them to order more than they would have otherwise just because it is more convenient than shopping in-store.The fact that Amazon was able to more than quadruple its earnings to $5.2 billion by the summer of 2020 demonstrates how many people utilize their services to place orders for things on the internet.Package theft, on the other hand, has become a big source of anxiety for consumers who purchase on Amazon on a regular basis.
- Consider the seriousness of the expanding parcel theft problem, as well as what you should do if your Amazon delivery has been taken.
Package Theft Is a Growing Problem in the United States
In the second quarter of 2020, retail e-commerce sales in the United States topped $210 billion, according to the United States Census Bureau.This goes to demonstrate how many parcels were created and shipped out via parcel carriers such as the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, or FedEx for home delivery.Unfortunately, many of the customers who were looking forward to receiving such parcels were left feeling quite disappointed when their packages failed to arrive.A rise in package delivery has coincided with a rise in the number of parcels being stolen, which has reached an all-time high.In 2020, over 43% of internet consumers have stated that they had had at least one delivery stolen from them.Since the beginning of 2019, the number has increased by 7%.
- The delivery point might be used to pick up possibly two out of every five house deliveries.
- According to the most recent figures, almost 1.7 million shipments are stolen every day.
Steps to Take If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
If you fear that a shipment has been stolen, it may be quite aggravating; but, by following a few simple procedures, you can keep your focus on making sure the problem is handled appropriately.
Check Everything on Your End Before Reporting the Package Stolen
Go to your Amazon account and double-check that you entered the correct shipping address when you placed the transaction.If you go to your prior orders and click on ″Order Details″ beside the order in question, you will be able to get the information you need.If the address is valid, go to the next step and check the shipment status.Keep track of the package and check the notations to make sure the information indicates that the delivery was successfully delivered.If everything looks okay, take a brief walk around your property to make sure the box hasn’t been hidden somewhere inconspicuous.Examine the footage from your porch camera to check if somebody has taken advantage of you and stolen your order.
Contact Local Authorities If You Have Footage of Theft
If you are fortunate enough to have video evidence of the theft, you should report it to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.The fact that so few package thefts are recorded is one of the reasons why porch pirates who conduct these crimes are able to continue their operations.The sooner you make a report, the more probable it is that the perpetrator will be apprehended and prosecuted.Package theft is a major crime in some areas, and the authorities are cracking down on those who engage in it.
File a Report That Your Package Was Stolen
- Before making a report with Amazon regarding a stolen shipment, it is suggested that you wait 36 hours. Some shipments do appear after they have been recorded as delivered, and it is not uncommon for a parcel to just appear at a neighbor’s house after it has been marked as delivered. After waiting 36 hours, you should register a complaint with the package delivery company that delivered the device. The procedures to be followed when filing a report with the three major carriers are detailed in our other guidelines, which are as follows: A FedEx package has been taken
- what should you do next?
- a UPS package has been taken
- and a USPS package has been taken: what should you do now?
Once you have made a claim with the package delivery service, contact Amazon through their messaging center and inform them that your purchase has been stolen. In order to proceed, they will want proof that you have filed a report with the appropriate carrier, so any documentation you can provide would be good.
Take Measures to Prevent Future Package Thefts
Despite the fact that Amazon is well-known for providing excellent customer service and assisting customers who have had goods stolen, going through the procedure again and over again may be a nuisance.For those who have experienced package theft in their area, it is recommended that you install an outside video system on your porch and purchase a locked parcel box, where items may be stored safely until you can pick them up yourself.Nathan Robinson is a young man who lives in the United States.A gang of porch pirates stole my delivery, and now I’m on a quest to prevent them from doing the same to you.In order to keep up with the latest porch lockers and other equipment that might aid prevent package theft, I’m always studying, examining, and informing myself.I’m adding new free stuff to my library on a daily basis — join me and together we can battle the porch pirates.
What To Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
Over the past several months, there has been an increase in the frequency of a new stealing trend, notably in the United States.Porch pirate is the act of stealing packages that have been placed on a porch or anyplace near the main door of a house before they can be picked up by the intended recipients.Approximately 23 million Americans have had their parcels taken from their homes as of 2021, which is a horrific level of theft.In the case of Amazon lost deliveries, an average of 51 parcels were reported missing or stolen every year on average.In response to the epidemic, porch pirates have taken advantage of the increase in online shopping to steal from others.Unless you happen to be one of the unfortunate persons who had their Amazon delivery taken from their front porch, don’t worry just yet.
- Amazon makes it as simple as possible to get in touch with them and resolve the Amazon missing shipment issue that you’re experiencing.
- Getting in contact with Amazon can be difficult, despite the fact that it appears to be so.
- But don’t worry, they have a comprehensive customer support program ready to assist you whenever you have a problem.
- We’ve outlined below the procedures to take in order to obtain assistance or report an Amazon shipment as missing.
Package Is Missing, Now What?
As a fresh victim of Amazon porch piracy, we are here to walk you through the process of determining whether your package has been stolen or lost. Before calling Amazon to file a claim of an Amazon missing item, there are a few things you should check to make sure your box did not get taken from your doorstep.
Step 1: Track the Amazon lost packages.
If the box was marked as delivered before they arrived, be aware that this is a common occurrence on Amazon’s part, and that the product will come within 48 hours.When you have waited for 48 hours, you can look about your property for a probable drop-off location for the package.It’s possible that courier firms will deliver products to unexpected locations on your home, such as the back porch or behind your potted plants.If, after 48 hours, the Amazon delivery has not been located, you should call your courier immediately for assistance.It’s possible that your shipment is still in the possession of the shipping company.Instruct them to trace your package using the tracking number you provided.
- However, suppose the courier firm is completely confident that your delivery was successfully delivered to your doorstep without incident.
- You should file a report with Amazon if you believe your shipment has been stolen in such scenario.
Step 2: Check if your neighbors saw it or held onto it for you
Whether your box has been stolen, check with your neighbors first to see if they witnessed or were able to film the arrival of your item on their security cameras before reporting it to Amazon.Alternatively, they might be keeping an eye on your delivery to ensure that it is not taken at all.You should hold off on venting your rage to the Amazon Customer Support Team for the time being.It would be less than nice if your box was just brought into the house by your kind and friendly neighbor for the purpose of safety.
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer.
If you are now absolutely certain that your Amazon box was taken from your porch, you may contact Amazon directly to report the theft.Customer support should be contacted to provide them with the specifics of the problem.Customers should be able to request replacement shipments from Amazon sellers, or they should be able to request refunds from Amazon.As part of Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee, you can contact the seller directly for orders placed through a third-party Amazon seller.You should let the merchant a day or two to react to your conversation.After that, you may begin the process of filing a claim for the shipment that has gone missing or been stolen.
- Make sure to make your claim within 90 days after receiving your purchase.
- Assume that the vendor is unwilling to settle the situation by delivering a replacement shipment or issuing a refund.
- If that is the case, Amazon will determine whether or not to issue it to you based on your responses to the claim process questions.
- If your claim is refused, don’t be discouraged; you still have the option of appealing.
Step 4: File a claim with the shipping company
If the seller is transferring responsibility to the shipping firm, you should be aware that you have the right to submit a claim with the latter as well. UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and DHL all offer an online claims process for reporting an Amazon shipment that has gone missing.
Step 5: Claim high-value items with your homeowners’ insurance
Trying to file a claim with the vendors or shipping firms may not be successful, so you may want to check into homeowner’s or renter’s insurance plans that cover shipments that have been stolen.However, keep in mind that this will only be beneficial if the return is greater than your deductible.The filing of this claim might also be a bother owing to the prospect of homes insurance providers increasing your premiums as a result of your lawsuit; nonetheless, the burden is not worth it for a single package refund.
Step 6: Use the purchase protection features on your credit card
Because making a claim with your homeowners’ insurance can be time-consuming, you may want to seek assistance from your credit card provider.Consider the scenario in which your credit card issuer provides a purchase protection plan.Alternatively, you can contact them directly to seek reimbursement for your stolen property.However, be certain that the item was totally paid using that credit card.Notify the card issuer of the problem as soon as possible so that they can accommodate your claim.
Step 7: Report the theft to the police
If you shop from Amazon on a regular basis and your items are consistently missing, it might be a hassle to continually filing claims for Amazon lost packages.So, in order to prevent this from happening again, you should report the occurrence to the police so that they are aware of similar activities occurring in the community.The police can increase their monitoring around your neighborhood in order to catch the porch pirates before they take anything else.
How To Stop Porch Pirates
Preventative medicine is preferable to curative medicine. In order to avoid being a victim of porch piracy in the future, it is preferable to take preventative steps against these contemptible individuals.
Schedule for in-person delivery
What is the most effective method of ensuring that your shipment gets delivered?It is usually preferable to have it delivered in person.A signature is necessary for delivery, and you can notify the courier provider of this requirement.Additionally, you may instruct them that someone must be there to accept your products while they are being delivered.If you are required to be away from home for work on a regular basis, you can ask a neighbor to accept the item on your behalf or change your mailing address to your workplace.
Use a lockbox service
Amazon provides lockers so that you may simply pick up your items whenever it is convenient for you. If the stores provide this option, take advantage of it if you are unable to physically accept your deliveries. You won’t have to be concerned about your Amazon box being unprotected on your porch this way.
Ensure your packages
High-value things, such as smart gadgets, might be purchased with a few more dollars to ensure that they are delivered on time. These services are provided by retailers or courier firms in order to provide additional protection and insurance for your package’s safety.
Install a security camera
The delivery of high-value products, such as smart gadgets, can be ensured by paying a few additional bucks. These services are provided by retailers or courier firms as an added layer of protection and insurance to ensure the safety of your packages.
Someone Stole My Amazon Package – What Can I Do?
The ease with which Amazon allows you to place your order is fantastic.Items may be mailed right to your home from the website, which sells just about anything you can think of.Having said that, the procedure of having products delivered to your home is not without its shortcomings.Delivery packages are frequently subjected to the potential of theft, especially if the recipient is not going to be home when the package is delivered.Throughout this piece, we’ll go through what you should do if someone steals your Amazon delivery, and we’ll also discuss various ways to assist you avoid future theft.
How Common Is Package Theft?
The results of a poll done by Shorr revealed that 31 percent of respondents had been the victim of parcel theft at least once.This is something that nearly one-third of the population is directly familiar with.It is possible that these figures are much higher in densely populated metropolitan regions such as New York, Seattle and San Francisco—but ″porch pirates″ are increasingly targeting suburban houses as well.Robbers are finding it simple to roll through communities and seize packages that have been left out in the open with little to no consequences (unless you count the occasional glitter bomb).Check out our blog post on Package Theft Statistics for more information on this rapidly rising problem.
Responding To Amazon Package Theft
In an ideal situation, you will be able to take actions to prevent theft from occurring in the first place. We’ll get to that point in a moment, but first, let’s talk about what you can do if someone steals your Amazon delivery from your doorstep. Follow these actions if someone has already taken advantage of you by stealing one or more parcels that were left on your doorstep.
1. Start with the delivery company.
It is likely that if a box has been tagged as ″delivered″ but has not arrived on your front porch, you will presume that it has been taken from there.That very well might be the case, but you need look into it a little more to be certain.The first step is to get in touch with the delivery company and question about the status of your product.To find out if your item has been shipped, look for a tracking number and contact the relevant shipping provider.Alternatively, it’s conceivable that your product was accidentally left behind in the truck or in the warehouse and is still in their control.Take this step first since it is the quickest and most straightforward resolution if it turns out that there was no theft at all.
2. Contact the seller.
- It is possible that many of the things you purchase on Amazon are really offered by third-party sellers who are using the Amazon platform to sell their merchandise.
- As a result, if you have verified that a theft has occurred, you should contact the seller and inquire for a replacement or a refund.
- Depending on the vendor, the outcome of this choice will differ from one to the next.
- It should be noted that vendors are not obligated to replace a stolen shipment, but some may opt to do so in specific circumstances.
3. File an Amazon stolen package claim.
- The A-to-Z Guarantee is a service offered by Amazon that protects customers against purchasing items that are not as described.
- You might consider using this application if you are unable to obtain a satisfactory resolution from your merchant directly.
- There is often coverage offered here up to $2,500, so there’s a strong probability that this will be the extent of your legal recourse in this situation to resolve the situation.
- It’s important to note that Amazon will frequently ask you to contact the seller first and attempt to fix the issue through the seller.
- In addition, the A-Z Guarantee is only valid for products purchased from a third-party seller on the platform.
- If you have any problems with things you have purchased straight from Amazon, Amazon recommends that you contact their customer support department.
4. Credit card coverage.
- If a third-party seller refuses to issue a refund or if your Amazon claim is denied, you may be able to obtain assistance from your credit card company.
- Transaction protection may or may not be available to you depending on the credit card you used to make the purchase on.
- When it comes to credit cards, the procedure you must follow differs from one to the next.
- Check with your credit card issuer to find out the intricacies of the procedure.
- Many credit card issuers, on the other hand, will have some method of canceling a payment in the event of fraud.
- A refund or replacement item might be a time-consuming process when you need one.
The odds are strong, though, that you will not be liable for any losses if you see the situation through to completion and submit all relevant documents.
Solutions To Prevent Theft
- PARCELBIN Package Lock Box with a combination lock In order to avoid being forced to respond after a crime has occurred, it is more preferable to just prevent theft from occurring in the first instance.
- That may not appear to be a simple task, but it is more doable than you may believe.
- With a little forethought and forward thinking, you can ensure that burglars have little opportunity of stealing your hard-earned possessions and valuables.
- Consider the following steps to keep your packages safe from theft:
Plan ahead to be home.
- Orders should be placed as early as feasible in the day so that the delivery can take place when you are there to accept the parcel if at all possible.
- For example, if you are utilizing Amazon’s two-day delivery service, you may place your purchase two days ahead of time on a day when you know you will be home.
- If you are present to receive the box directly from the delivery person when it arrives, a burglar will be unable to remove it from your porch.
- The main disadvantage of this approach is that you will be required to guarantee that you are there, which might be tough if you have a demanding schedule.
Deliver to the office instead.
- You’re not going to be home and you don’t want to take the chance of having your shipment stolen.
- Instead of having your item delivered to your home, consider having it delivered to your workplace.
- Of course, this will not be acceptable to all companies, so you should check with your boss ahead of time to ensure that this is something that is permitted in your workplace.
- Also, keep in mind that the item will need to be transported back to your house, so large items that would not fit in your car would not be a good selection for this method of transportation.
Use a package lock box.
- Another wonderful method for preventing porch pirates is to install a lock box on your front porch or in your garage.
- In a manner that no other solution can, your lock box can accept shipments on your behalf while you are away and keep them safe from unauthorized access.
- Of course, you’ll want to invest in a high-quality product that looks good in front of your house and is difficult to tamper with.
- This is when the PARCELBIN comes into play…
Consider The PARCELBIN Package Lock Box
- Consider purchasing a PARCELBIN package lock box if you want to place orders from Amazon or other online sources without having to worry about theft or identity theft.
- When a PARCELBIN is in place, the delivery person will have a safe spot to leave the parcel at any time of day or night.
- When you go home, you may simply take the box out of the trash and put it back in the bin.
- Between the theft prevention and the protection from bad weather, this is a beautiful lock box that you will be pleased to have on your property.
Porch Pirates: 6 Steps to Take if Your Package Is Stolen
- According to a survey commissioned by ValuePenguin, nearly four out of every ten customers has had a package stolen before it could be delivered to them.
- While the quantity of deliveries increases over the Christmas season, this data serves as a reminder to consumers that package theft is a widespread problem throughout the year, regardless of the season.
- If you’ve been unfortunate enough to have a parcel stolen from your front door, here’s what you should do to recover your package.
What to do if a package is stolen from your porch
If your mail has been stolen, you must follow these procedures in order to be paid or to get a substitute item.
Step 1: Track the package
- First and foremost, if you have reason to believe your product has been stolen, you should look for tracking information in the email you received upon purchase.
- Typically, you will be provided with a tracking number, which you may use to keep track on the progress of your order throughout shipment.
- Sometimes all you need to do is click on this number or button, but other times you may need to copy the number and input it on the retailer’s or shipping company’s website, depending on the situation.
- For shipments to be delayed, especially during high shipping seasons such as the holidays, this is to be expected.
- The shipment status will inform you of the location where your package was last recorded as well as the date on which it was delivered to the shipping destination.
- If the item is indicated as having been delivered, go to step 2.
Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
Step 2: Check if your neighbors saw it or held onto it for you
- Check with your neighbors to see if the item has been delivered once you’ve verified that it has.
- It’s humiliating to lash out at a customer service agent only to realize that the sweet lady next door noticed your shipment and grabbed it to save it from being stolen or rained on while you were away.
- Even if they don’t have your package, it’s possible that your neighbors saw it earlier in the day and are unaware of it.
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer
- Immediately notify the vendor or shop that sold you the goods if it looks that your shipment has been stolen or misplaced.
- When it comes to dealing with stolen property, different merchants have different rules and procedures in place, but you are normally entitled to a refund or a replacement.
- Amazon’s ″A-to-Z Guarantee Protection″ provides coverage for the majority of stolen packages.
- Purchases that are labeled as ″fulfilled by Amazon″ are sometimes derived from retail partners known as ″Amazon Sellers,″ rather than from Amazon itself.
- (You should be aware of this at the time you place your purchase for the item).
- It is mandatory for you to contact the Amazon Seller in order to try to resolve the issue with them if this is the situation with your purchase, according to Amazon.
You may make a claim with Amazon if you’ve waited more than two business days for a response or if the seller is being unhelpful.Amazon would most likely offer a refund in this case, as well.In many circumstances, stores will agree to send you a new item within a short period of time.However, if they refuse to accept responsibility and give a replacement, there are still certain actions you may take to obtain recompense.
Step 4: File a claim with the shipping company
- Occasionally, stores may attempt to transfer responsibility to the shipping provider or will need you to make a complaint and wait a specific number of days before learning for definite whether your shipment will or will not be delivered.
- If you find yourself in this situation, you may wish to submit a claim with the shipping business as well, just to be safe.
- UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and DHL all have online claims processes that you may use to report your lost item, and you can also call them to report your missing item.
Step 5: Use the purchase protection features on your credit card
- When you use a credit card to make a purchase, many issuers will provide purchase protection that will repay you if an item is stolen.
- This is true as long as the item was paid wholly with that credit card and the card issuer is contacted within a certain timeframe.
- Check the website of your credit card provider to see whether this coverage is available and to learn how to make a claim.
- Some credit card providers, however, do not provide coverage for high-value products (usually anything that is worth more than $500 to $1,000).
- Depending on the company, they may ask you to submit a police complaint before they can issue your refund.
- Finally, credit card purchase protection is sometimes referred to as ″secondary coverage,″ which indicates that it only kicks in after you’ve previously used main coverage, such as homeowner’s or renters insurance, to safeguard your purchases.
This takes us to the sixth step.
Step 6: Claim high-value items with your homeowners insurance
- The majority of homeowners and renters insurance plans include coverage for stolen shipments.
- Unfortunately, this is only beneficial for items that are more valuable than your deductible.
- Given that the majority of homes insurance deductibles range between $500 and $2,000, submitting a claim for the majority of stolen shipments will be a waste of time.
- However, even if the value of the lost item exceeds the deductible, you’ll need to consider the risk that your homes insurance provider would raise your rates as a result of your claim, not to mention the inconvenience of submitting the claim itself.
How to prevent package theft
When a package is stolen, it may be quite stressful, and the claims procedure can be much more unpleasant. If you wish to reduce the likelihood of losing shipments while you’re away from home, consider the following solutions for protecting your packages while you’re gone.
Schedule for in-person delivery
- The most effective method of preventing mail theft is to personally accept your shipments.
- To do this, either notify your postal service business that you require a signature for delivery or arrange for your mail to be carried to a location where someone is constantly on hand.
- Consider asking a neighbor if they would be willing to accept delivery if you are frequently away from home.
- Alternatively, if it is acceptable to your business and your shipment is modest, you can choose your office as the delivery destination.
Use a lockbox service
- When using a service such as Amazon Locker, you may have goods delivered to a lockbox, which will help to prevent mail from being stolen.
- In addition, several supermarket and convenience stores provide this sort of service, or you may have your box delivered to your local UPS or USPS center and pick it up when you get to that location.
- A combination-protected lockbox that stands on your doorstep and safeguards your parcels until you return home is an option if you prefer a shorter journey than driving to the post office.
Insure your packages
Whenever you purchase a high-value item online, such as a new iPhone or iPad, spend a few additional dollars for delivery insurance to protect your investment. Typically, you may accomplish this either directly with the seller or through the delivery company.
Install a security camera
- There are various low-cost home security cameras that are simple to install around the perimeter of your property, including bullet cameras.
- Most of these cameras are compatible with your WiFi network and even have a smartphone app, allowing you to keep track of parcels left during the day.
- The sheer appearance of these cameras may be enough to deter would-be porch pirates, but even if it isn’t, you’ll still have proof to use as the basis for a police report if necessary.
- As an extra benefit, adding these cameras may entitle you to a reduction on your homes insurance.
What is the value of stolen packages, and what steps have been taken by consumers?
- In accordance with a survey commissioned by ValuePenguin, parcel theft has touched more than 40% of all Americans at some time during their lives. More than 5 out of 10 buyers reported having more than one package stolen in the previous 12 months, resulting in an average loss of $106 per home in that time period. When applied to the total number of households in the United States as determined by the Census Bureau, these averages show that porch piracy cost U.S. consumers more than $7.4 billion in the previous year: In the last year, there were an estimated 144 million victims
- the average loss per home was $106
- and the estimated value of stolen products in the last year was $7.4 billion.
- Despite the high number of burglaries, over three-quarters of Americans said they have done nothing to safeguard their deliveries against theft in the future — including more than half of respondents over the age of 55 who said they have done nothing.
- It is estimated that nearly two out of every three robberies occurred directly outside the victims’ houses, thus it is wise to take several safeguards to deter bold would-be burglars.
What to Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
Every editorial product is chosen on its own merits, while we may be compensated or earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links. As of the time of writing, the ratings and pricing are correct, and all goods are in stock.
Porch pirates are swiping Amazon packages left and right, and you might be the next victim. Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost.
- Amazon has made buying more convenient than ever, yet a misplaced or stolen Amazon box may be a major hassle for the recipient.
- Furthermore, as the popularity of online shopping grows, so does the possibility of being a victim of package theft.
- According to a Value Penguin poll, nearly one in every five Americans reported having their goods stolen last year.
- Steve Weisman, a professor of white-collar crime at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams, says the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during the pandemic.
- ″As could be expected, with more people shopping online during the pandemic, the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during this time.″ Find out all you need to know about tracking down a misplaced parcel or making a claim with Amazon to hopefully get your money back if you suspect your shipment has been stolen or lost in the mail.
- In addition, regular online consumers should be aware of what to do if a product is damaged, how to receive a refund on anything, what a brushing scam is, and what happens to undeliverable mail that does not have an address to return it to.
How to track down a missing Amazon package that’s listed as “delivered”
- According to Weisman, you may discover extra information on Amazon under ″Your Orders″ that will assist you in tracking down a stolen or missing shipment that seems to have been delivered on your Amazon account. He proposes that you take the following actions: Make sure the shipping address is correct. It’s possible that the shipment was delivered to a different address associated with your Amazon account.
- Look for a message that a delivery attempt has been made. If you requested that a signature be obtained upon delivery and no one was present, it is possible that the product was moved to a nearby location for pickup.
- Look for a photograph of the package being delivered. Sometimes Amazon delivery drivers would place the box in a difficult-to-find position
- this is known as ″hidden delivery.″
If you are still unable to locate it, it is time to file a missing parcel complaint with Amazon. For further instructions, scroll down to the section labeled ″How to report a missing shipment from a third-party seller on Amazon″ towards the bottom of this page.
How to find missing packages that aren’t trackable
- Amazon deliveries without a tracking number are extremely unusual, although they can be found. The following are some steps you may take if your Amazon delivery has gone missing and there is no tracking number for it. Inquire with your neighbors to see whether they received the lost box by mistake or if they accepted it on your behalf.
- If the parcel was delivered by the United States Postal Service, you should contact your local post office for assistance. Weisman points out that USPS delivery vans are equipped with GPS, which might reveal more information on the delivery.
- Verify whether or not the package was taken by checking the security cameras surrounding your property, if you have them installed.
In case you’re wondering, this is what happens to undeliverable mail when it’s not delivered.
How to report a missing package from a third-party seller on Amazon
- Rd.com If your Amazon delivery hasn’t arrived within 48 hours, you should make a claim with Amazon to receive a reimbursement for your inconvenience. However, according to Weisman, you must first contact the third-party vendor directly in order to report the problem. Customer service representatives at Amazon insist that consumers contact the vendor before registering a claim on the website. You can report missing shipments from an online third-party vendor in the following ways: Create an account on Amazon and go to ″Your Orders.″
- Activate the ″Amazon Pay″ menu option in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on ″Details″ next to the item that has been lost or stolen
- Choose ″Where has my stuff gone?″ from the list of suggested concerns to report from the drop-down menu.
- Amazon will automatically send a communication to the seller informing them that you have not received your products as of the time of writing. Any further information that the seller may require might be included in the message after it has been written.
- Select the ″Send to merchant″ option from the drop-down menu.
- In the majority of circumstances, the vendor will examine the missing shipment and either replace it or refund the purchase price. However, if the seller does not react within 24 hours, you have the option of filing a claim with Amazon.
Depending on whether or not the shipment in issue contains a gift, you may want to look at this list of last-minute presents that will arrive in time for the big day while you figure out what to do about this predicament.
How to submit a missing package claim to Amazon
- Rd.com Fortunately, Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee ensures that your purchase is protected in the event that an Amazon delivery is stolen or misplaced. Remember to submit your claim within 90 days after the purchase date, otherwise it will not be recognized by the insurance company. While the following instructions were written for use with a desktop computer, they may alter significantly when used to the Amazon app on a mobile device. Click on ″Your Orders″ after logging into your Amazon account.
- Locate the order and choose ″Problem with Order″ from the drop-down menu.
- Whenever you are prompted to choose an issue, pick the option that states that the item has not arrived.
- After that, pick ″Request Refund,″ fill out the text box with any other information you’d like (if applicable or required), and click ″Submit.″
- The Amazon Pay tab allows you to keep track of the status of your claim. If your claim is granted, you will get a refund in the form of the original payment method. Items that have been damaged or opened, or that have been delivered more than 30 days ago, may only be eligible for a partial refund or may not be eligible at all. If you don’t receive a refund, you might want to consider shopping at one of these shops with the finest return policies the next time you need anything.
Additional steps to take
- Amazon is not the only location where you may register a claim for a ″Amazon shipment stolen.″ According to Robert Siciliano, a cybersecurity educator at ProtectNow, if you have exhausted all of the options listed above, the next step may be to call the police, the shipping company, and your credit card provider.
- The fact that many credit card companies offer purchase-protection features that cover the cost of lost or stolen delivery is one of the reasons why online purchases are among the items that should always be paid for using a credit card, according to Weisman.
How to protect your Amazon deliveries in the future
- Weisman recommends taking efforts to keep your shipments safe from porch pirates, such as demanding a signature upon delivery or shipping the box to your workplace address, among other measures. Moreover, according to Siciliano, Amazon offers a variety of different delivery service alternatives. Ship products to Amazon lockers located in neighboring locations such as Whole Foods Market, or install the Amazon Key Smart Lock system in your house for a more secure method of receiving deliveries. Using the technology, delivery drivers may scan a barcode to request entrance to your front door or garage, where they can then deposit the box inside while being monitored by a security camera system. Aside from an Amazon Prime account, the Key by Amazon app, a smart lock, and a camera with Wi-Fi connectivity are all you need. Now that you’ve learned what to do if your Amazon shipment has been stolen, brush up on some lesser-known Amazon techniques that every customer should be familiar with. Also, educate yourself on how to recognize an Amazon email scam
- this knowledge may come in helpful in the future. Value is a source of information. According to Penguin, ″Nearly one in every five consumers has experienced package theft since the beginning of quarantine″
- Steve Weisman, professor at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams
- Amazon: ″Find a Missing Package That Shows as Delivered″
- Robert Siciliano, cyber social identity protection instructor at ProtectNow
Here’s what you should do if your Amazon package is stolen by a porch pirate
- By now, it should be obvious that internet ordering is not going away anytime soon.
- Package theft, sometimes known as ″porch piracy,″ is a major problem as the holiday season gets into full swing.
- Porch pirate, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, is a crime that rises over the Christmas season, but it is difficult to detect since the department’s system does not clearly separate out types of crimes.
- However, if you go on Nextdoor message boards and local community organizations, you will find reports of package snatchers as well as cautions about them.
- This year, Shorr Packaging Corp., located in Illinois, conducted an analysis of the Google search phrase ″Amazon package stolen″ to determine where Amazon package theft occurs most frequently in the country’s 50 biggest cities.
- According to search volume and U.S.
Census projections, tech centers San Francisco and Seattle were at the top of the list, with Indianapolis coming in at number three.According to the business, this reflects only a percentage of the total number of victims of package theft because it only represents those who search for the keyword on Google.What businesses will be open on Thanksgiving Day in 2021?Here’s a list of grocery store and retail store opening and closing times.
- According to Lt.
- Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department, ″it’s that time of the year.″ ″People are on the streets attempting to commit crimes of convenience.
- If someone has an easy chance to commit a crime, they will take advantage of the situation.″ According to Sean Stoops, chief of police of the Avon Police Department, there has only been one recorded incidence of a homeowner who has had a parcel taken from their porch since November 1, according to police records.
- However, this does not rule out the possibility that it has occurred more frequently in the past; it may just have gone unnoticed.
- ″The majority of the time, the objects that are successfully taken from the porches are never found,″ he stated.
- In an interview with CNN, UPS spokeswoman Dawn Wotapka stated the number of events involving the company has stayed relatively stable over the previous several years, and that ″media attention has grown as a result of the greater usage of video surveillance technologies now available to customers.″ More: Target will close its shops on Thanksgiving Day for the foreseeable future.
- However, there was a police sting in Jersey City when police officers collaborated with Amazon to catch porch pirates using fictitious items and doorbell cameras, which were used to catch them.
- YouTuber Mark Rober recently posted a video on his channel that has gone viral, demonstrating a clever ″glitter bomb trap″ he devised to spoof package thieves.
Amazon even has a Porch Pirate Bag that is strengthened with ballistic material and latches to the front door handle.
How to keep your packages from being stolen
- If package theft is a problem in your neighborhood, investing in a security camera may be a wise decision for you. In addition, Stoops stated that the prevalence of security cameras is increasing, and that having video or images of potential suspects is beneficial in an investigation. Online, you may find low-cost solutions for around $40, as well as higher-tech ones such as doorbell cameras that connect to your smartphone, which are becoming increasingly popular. If you have not yet ordered your presents, you should take the following precautions to guarantee that they are delivered safely: Have your items delivered to a different location. If it is permitted, have them delivered to your place of business or to a neighbor you trust who will be there when the package is delivered.
- Cooperate with the transportation companies. Specify the specific location where items should be left, arrange a delivery window or day, or have packages kept at the facility
- Have your delivery delivered to a locker in the neighborhood. Check with the merchant to see whether this is a possibility, and then pick up your box whenever it is convenient for you.
- Take, for example, a private mailbox. These alternatives are provided by the United States Postal Service, UPS, and other shipping providers.
Your package was stolen, now what?
- If you believe your shipment has been stolen, conduct a thorough search. Is it possible that it’s on the rear porch? What’s hidden behind a pot? Is it being delivered to an old address or a neighbor’s house? It is possible that a failed delivery notification has been received
- if so, the product is still in the possession of the shipping company. However, if you are still unsuccessful, look for the tracking number in the delivery confirmation email or online on the website. Each stage of the package’s travel should be documented in full, with tracking information at each step. If delivery was verified, but the parcel has not been located, contact the retailer’s customer service department to make a missing package claim. Customers are asked to wait 36 hours after the anticipated delivery date in case the package does not arrive. In most cases, if it’s evident that the product was stolen or lost, the store should be able to send out a replacement or offer a reimbursement to the customer. Local police offices often urge that you file a report about a theft. According to Bickel, the city of Carmel does not keep track of this form of crime, but the city is not immune to these types of crimes. ″It is recommended that you disclose it regardless of the worth of the item,″ he explained. ″The police department is interested in finding out that information. Even if the things are replaced by the merchant, he added, the police department still wants to be aware of the situation ″in case we need to reallocate personnel or focus them in specific locations.″ If your shipment is stolen, use these actions to recover your property: Look in every direction. Check behind and under items, talk to your neighbors, check with your apartment office, and look for past addresses where your box has been delivered.
- Locate the tracking number on your computer. Investigate the tracking information to be certain that the delivery was delivered and to determine where the box was placed
- Customer support should be contacted. Contact the online store and make a complaint or a claim
- contact the shipping company with your concerns. They can also immediately communicate with the retailer about the situation.
- Make a formal police report. Please call 911 for non-emergency assistance and provide as many data as possible, including images and video if you have a surveillance camera.
Kellie Hwang works as a reporter for the Indianapolis Star. [email protected] is the email address to get in touch with her. Follow her on Twitter, where she goes by the handle @KellieHwang. According to the Indianapolis Star, this piece originally published as follows: Is your Amazon box being stolen by a ″porch pirate″? What you should do is as follows:
Amazon Package Stolen? Here’s What to Do
- Amazon, the e-commerce behemoth, is no stranger to the shipping sector in the United States.
- This multinational corporation presently distributes 58 percent, or 2.3 billion parcels, of all deliveries to consumers in the United States.
- Porch piracy, which has increased in recent years, is one of the drawbacks of online buying convenience.
- Despite all of the delivery activity, more than 43 percent of consumers complained that their shipment had been stolen.
- This crime was committed against two-thirds of the consumers (64 percent) more than once, according to the survey results.
- Suppose anything like this occurs to you, here’s what you can do if your Amazon delivery is taken from your front door.
Put these measures in motion right away so that you can get your things back immediately.
How To Find a Missing Amazon Package That Shows as Delivered
- When daily delivery traffic reaches these levels, it’s not difficult to understand why your front porch may be a good target for a porch pirate to prey on.
- However, there are a few procedures in place to locate your misplaced package, which is a welcome development.
- When you create your Amazon account, you will have the option to sign up to get updates on the status of your delivery.
- Depending on your preference, you can get these notifications through email or text message.
- This is the first location where you will be alerted whether or not your shipment has been delivered and when it was delivered.
- Check your online notification to ensure that the shipping address listed on the order is correct before proceeding.
Also, keep an eye on your email inbox for any other online notifications of attempted parcel delivery that may have arrived.If neither of these tactics yields any results, make sure to inspect your mailbox as well as the area around your delivery place for clues.Make a point of checking in with your neighbors as well.These ″Good Samaritans″ who came after them may have picked up your misplaced parcel and delivered it to you later as a deterrent to package thieves.
- If 48 hours have elapsed and there has still been no trace of your item, it is time for you to contact Amazon customer service directly.
- Their representatives will begin an inquiry into your situation immediately.
What to Do if a Third-Party Amazon Package Goes Missing
- The process for filing a complaint about a missing delivered package on Amazon will differ depending on whether the goods was sold by a third party or by Amazon itself.
- The majority of Amazon transactions are really fulfilled by other retail partners referred to as ″Amazon Sellers,″ rather than Amazon itself.
- If you purchased your item from an Amazon seller, Amazon requests that you first contact that Amazon Seller and resolve your issue with them directly rather than via Amazon.
- However, if your seller is not complying or if you have waited for a response for more than 48 hours, you can register a claim with Amazon to request a refund for your purchase.
Does Amazon Replace Stolen Packages?
- The quick answer to this question is ″most of the time,″ which is a generalization.
- Known as ″The A to Z Guarantee,″ Amazon provides a money-back guarantee.
- This assurance provides clients with an additional layer of security while completing their purchases.
- The A to Z Guarantee covers purchases made from third-party vendors that are sold or fulfilled by them.
- This guarantee applies to purchases of qualified items up to a maximum of $2500.
- If a client hasn’t received their order, they can file an Amazon Stolen Package Claim to obtain a refund for the amount spent.
Furthermore, this warranty extends to any damaged or substandard items that have been received.You should first contact the seller who sold you the item if you purchased it from a third-party seller and the item did not come.Do not file a claim to Amazon until you have communicated with the seller.Amazon will advise you to contact the Amazon Seller first and work out a method to resolve your dispute with them before contacting Amazon.
- Sign in to the Amazon Pay page using your Amazon account credentials.
- The option to ″contact seller″ will be available once you have entered the site.
- By selecting this option, you will be sending a request to the seller.
- The majority of the time, a shop will be delighted to send you a replacement for your item. However, if they deny any responsibility or refuse to provide you a replacement, there are still certain actions you may take to obtain a compensation from them. Within 24 hours, the third-party vendor must submit a refund claim on your behalf. You may make a claim with Amazon if you’ve waited more than two business days for a response or if the seller is being unhelpful. Amazon would most likely offer a refund in this case, as well. To make an Amazon Stolen Package Claim, follow these steps: Click ″Your Orders″ after logging into your Amazon account.
- When you have located the order in question, click on ″Problem with Order.″ You will then be required to choose whatever issue you are experiencing with your order. Finally, choose ″Request Refund″ and submit your request
- indicate that your package has not arrived
You can keep track of the status of your claim by logging onto your account on a regular basis.
How to Avoid Package Theft
- There are a number of proactive measures you may take to reduce the likelihood of Amazon package theft.
- You can utilize these procedures to keep tabs on the conditions of the actual delivery itself.
- Consider the option of having the delivery delivered to your place of employment or to an Amazon Locker.
- You’ll be certain to receive it (while you’re there) and will be able to take it with you when you return home.
- Another method of dictating delivery instructions is to need a signature upon receipt of the package.
- If there is no one home to sign for the delivery, the box will not be placed on your doorstep.
You will not be able to pick up your shipment unless you are there to sign for it.You can also instruct the delivery person not to put the box outside your front door.Instruct them to deliver their package through a side entrance so that it will not be easily noticed by criminals.Please bear in mind that there may be ″Good Samaritans″ who are willing to keep an eye out for your item if it is delivered while you are out of the country.
- Inform them of the anticipated date and time of arrival of your package.
- They will then be able to retrieve it on your behalf.
- Online neighborhood social networking services such as Nextdoor.com are also a wonderful source of information about your community.
- In the meanwhile, while you’re away from home at the workplace, you may check the site to see what your neighbors have to say about your area.
- Watching your Amazon driver drop off your delivery in real time with an ADT security camera is one of the most effective methods to avoid a lost parcel.
- You can keep an eye on your front porch from anywhere in the world thanks to our outdoor security camera and smart doorbell, which both provide live notifications through the ADT mobile app.
- If you are aware that this activity is taking place while you are away from home, you may plan your delivery for a time when you will be present.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stolen Amazon Packages
The inability to receive an Amazon item is one of the most annoying things that may happen. If anything like this occurs to you, you’ll almost certainly have a million questions. Here are the top three questions we’ve received, which you may also find interesting:
What Do I Do If I Receive Someone Else’s Amazon Package?
- In the shipping industry, it is a daily occurrence that items may end up on the incorrect doorstep for whatever reason.
- Packages might easily go misplaced when there are so many shipments in the system.
- It is also a typical oc