Some Post Office ™ locations offer extended hours and late postmarking for tax filers. Call a Post Office near you to find out if it will be open late on tax day. For added peace of mind, you can buy a Certificate of Mailing at the Post Office.
Is the post office open in Atlanta on May 17?
Only one post office in the metro Atlanta area is open until midnight, ensuring a May 17 postmark. The only metro-Atlanta post office open until midnight on May 17, the deadline for filing taxes, is the airport location at 3900 Crown Road, Atlanta. (Shutterstock / Steve Heap)
Do post offices stay open until midnight on Tax Day?
Many people seeking postmarks by midnight on a given day are trying to mail their tax returns before the IRS midnight deadline. Fewer post offices stay open till midnight on tax due dates than did so in the past because so many people now file taxes electronically.
What should I do if the post office is open late?
Pay attention to collection hours. Collection hours aren’t always the same as closing hours and could affect your tax-filing postmark deadline. Just because a post office is open late doesn’t mean it’s still collecting mail for that day. Know your post office’s last collection time.
Do post offices deliver postmarks by midnight?
Some post offices have automatic postal centers that also deliver the desired postmark. Many people seeking postmarks by midnight on a given day are trying to mail their tax returns before the IRS midnight deadline.
Is the Dallas main post office open late?
Dallas Main Post Office is open late and ready to deliver! Dallas Main Post Office Is Open Late and Ready to Deliver! DALLAS, TX — If you are still sharpening your pencil to work on federal or state taxes, your local Post Office is ready to help you meet that all important April 17 deadline.
When will my tax mail receive my April 17 postmark?
If we receive your tax mail by midnight you can rest assured that your mail will receive the April 17 postmark,” said Larry Wagener, Senior Plant Manager for the Dallas District. The following Dallas metro Post Offices have Self-Service Kiosks (SSK) that are available 24 hours – that includes Tax Day:
Tax Day Atlanta 2021: Only One Post Office Is Open Until Midnight
- Continue to the main content Midtown, GA
- East Atlanta, GA
- Virginia Highland-Druid Hills, GA
- Buckhead, GA
- Cascade, GA
- Decatur-Avondale Estates, GA
- North Druid Hills-Briarcliff, GA
- Brookhaven, GA
- Smyrna-Vinings, GA
- South Cobb, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Midtown, GA
- Top National News
- See All Communities
Georgia is a state in the United States.There is only one post office in the metro Atlanta area that will accept your tax return after hours and ensure that it is postmarked on May 17.If you are mailing your tax return after hours today, there is only one post office that will accept your return after hours and ensure that it is postmarked on May 17.
- According to Rick Badie, a representative for the United States Postal Service, the U.S.
- Post Office near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport — situated at 3900 Crown Road — is open until midnight on weekdays.
- The only other post office that is open a little after usual business hours is in Duluth at 1605 Boggs Road, which is open until 7 p.m.
- The Duluth location is the only one that is open after regular business hours.
- In contrast to previous years, the Boggs Road store will not be open for drive-thru service until midnight this year.
Interested in local real estate?Subscribe to Patch’s new newsletter to be the first to know about open houses, new listings and more.
Other post offices in the Atlanta region are operating at their regular hours, with the last one shutting at 4, 5, or 6 p.m., depending on the location. Visit the United States Postal Service’s website to find out when your local post office is open. On its website, the postal service also provides mailing-return-related recommendations, including the following:
Interested in local real estate?Subscribe to Patch’s new newsletter to be the first to know about open houses, new listings and more.
- Make certain that it is sent to the proper address. Not all returns are delivered to the same location. Wherever you send it, make sure you properly write your postal address as well as your return address on the envelope before mailing it. The Internal Revenue Service publishes its postal addresses on its website.
- Make sure you have adequate postage. The majority of tax returns are many pages in length and weigh more than an ounce in total weight. In the event that you mail your return without sufficient postage, it will be returned to you.
For additional information about mailing your tax return, visit the website of the United States Postal Service. Visit the IRS website for further information on how to file a tax return in general.
The rules of replying:
- Please be courteous. This is a place for amicable, local talks to take place in. There will be no tolerance for racist, bigoted, profane, or threatening words or behavior.
- Transparency is essential. Make use of your actual name and provide evidence to support your assertions
- Maintain a local and relevant focus. Make certain that your responses remain on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines for further information.
Filing Last Minute: You Can Still Get Your Taxes in Without Running to the Post Office
IStockphoto courtesy of Kirill4mula / Getty Images For the second year in a row, taxpayers who would ordinarily be hurrying to finish their returns by Tax Day were given a little more breathing room this year.After initially promising that there would be no repeat of last year’s Tax Day extension, the IRS eventually relented and moved the deadline for filing your 2020 tax returns from April 15 to May 17.Although procrastinators won’t have three extra months to get their act together like they did last year, the IRS eventually relented and moved the deadline for filing your 2020 tax returns from April 15 to May 17.
- Find out by doing the following: What Are the Federal Tax Brackets and Rates for the Years 2020-2021?
- If you fail to meet the new deadline without obtaining an extension, you should expect no compassion from the Internal Revenue Service – fines, penalties, interest, and frightening letters will be the background to your first semi-normal summer.
- It’s also important to remember that this extension is only applicable to federal tax returns.
- It is possible that your state will not be as generous.
- Here’s all you need to know about the situation.
Your Local Post Office Might be Open Late… If You Need It
- An annual American tradition formerly existed in which people would race to the post office late at night on Tax Day to get a hand-stamped postmark that indicated they had beat the clock. People no longer have to scramble to get their taxes in the mail at the eleventh hour, as was the case in the past. As it turns out, the Internet is beginning to gain popularity. On Tax Day, some post offices continue to operate with extended hours, but many others do not. In those instances when they do occur, it is doubtful that they will occur around midnight, as was customary in the terrible old days of stamp licking. If you reside in an outpost without dependable broadband Internet access, or if you simply don’t trust anything that wasn’t folded and placed in an envelope, the following suggestions may be useful. When it comes time to drive to the post office to mail your taxes, they might save you a lot of time and aggravation. Pay attention to the hours of collecting. Collection hours are not usually the same as closing hours, which may have an impact on your tax-filing deadline if you are late. A post office that remains open late does not always signify that it is still collecting mail for that day.
- Find out when your post office’s last collection is scheduled. The last collection at a post office is the moment at which the mail is collected for the final time period of the day — and the time at which it is actually postmarked. For example, if your post office is open until 9 p.m. on Tax Day 2021, but the last collection time is 7 p.m., you’ll need to get to the post office to mail your taxes before 7 p.m. in order to meet the May 17 tax postmark deadline. If your post office is open until 9 p.m. on Tax Day 2021, but the last collection time is 7 p.m., you’ll need to get to the post office to mail Otherwise, your taxes will be mailed to you on May 18
- be on the lookout for frequent tax-filing blunders that people make. Errors might range from inadvertently using the incorrect amount of postage or writing the wrong address to failing to include all required paperwork. In the event that you are still concerned about meeting the May 17 deadline, you may be eligible to petition for a tax extension. It’s very straightforward, and the vast majority of filers qualify for a tax extension
- but, the vast majority of taxpayers will also be required to file returns with their respective states. You can obtain this information by contacting your state’s tax department to confirm the deadline, or by calling the United States Postal Service directly. To get full information on post office extra hours on Tax Day 2021, collection boxes, and mail pickups in your area, call 800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777). You may also call the IRS directly at 800-ASK-IRS (800-275-8777). For any concerns regarding how to submit your tax return, or about your tax refund, you can call 800-829-1040 to speak with an agent.
Alternatively, you might file your paperwork online.It is simpler, more secure, and expedites the processing of your return.It is also preferred by the IRS.
- Indeed, the IRS appreciates it so much that you may file your return directly through the IRS website.
- Some of it is even free, and depending on your income, you may be able to do it for free while receiving a full-service experience that you would otherwise have to pay for.
- More information may be found at: Tax Credits & Breaks for Your 2020 Return: 8 New or Improved Programs
Submit Your Returns at No Cost With Free File
- The IRS’s Free Submit program does exactly what it says on the tin – it allows you to file your taxes for free, depending on your taxable income. There are two alternatives: Seventy-two thousand dollars or less: The IRS has partnered with a third-party website that allows you to submit your federal taxes for free. Some partners will even assist you in filing your state income taxes for free. No need to be concerned – you won’t even have to worry about doing any arithmetic. In the same way that you would receive guided preparation on a paid site, you will be asked questions and walked through the process.
- If you earn more than $72,000: You may still file for free, but only your federal returns will be accepted, and the service will be limited in scope. It simply provides the most basic instructions and computations, and you’ll need to be familiar with the process of preparing tax returns. In addition, there’s math.
- You’ll need all of the same documents that are necessary regardless of how you file, such as health insurance and mortgage statements, your AGI from the previous year, your W2s, 1099s, Social Security benefits, and proof of any additional income, such as unemployment benefits, among other things. Remember, even if you are unable to pay your payment, you must file your paperwork on time. If you need extra time to file your taxes, you can seek an extension until Tax Day, but keep in mind that this is only a grace period. You will not be charged any less. Having to pay your taxes is never a pleasant experience — but in 2021, it shouldn’t necessitate a trip to the post office. GOBankingRates has further information. Money Is the Most Influential Thing: Are there any places where Americans may get financial advice?
- Avoid missing out on nominating your favorite small business to be featured on GOBankingRates before the deadline of May 31
- Robert Kiyosaki, author of the book ″Rich Dad, Poor Dad,″ says you should never say, ″I can’t afford that.″
- This Year’s Taxes: Everything You Need to Know About Them
About the Author
Since 2001, Andrew Lisa has been working as a professional writer.The Gannett News Service, the nation’s biggest newspaper syndicate, formerly employed Andrew as one of its youngest nationally distributed columnists, making him one of the country’s youngest nationally distributed columnists.As the business section editor for amNewYork, the most widely circulated daily in Manhattan, he also worked for TheStreet.com, a financial website located in the heart of Wall Street’s investing community in New York City, and as a copy editor for the Wall Street Journal.
First Post Office 24 hour branch opens in London
On New Oxford Street in London, a new Post Office 24 hour branch has opened, marking the first of 25 new Post Office sites in the city to be built in the near future.Mr Amarjit Singh Rakhra is in charge of the Post Office service on New Oxford Street, which is located within The Convenience Store and is accessible from the street.In addition, I’m excited about the prospect of providing Post Office services from my business, which will allow me to serve my clients at a time that is convenient for them, whether that is early in the morning or late at night.
- People of all walks of life may benefit from the branch, from commuters to tourists: they can come in to pick up their groceries, as well as write postcards to family and friends, pick up their trip money, and pick up or return their online shopping.″ Mr.
- Amarjit Singh Rakhra, New Oxford Street, New York The Postal Service Hundreds of newly renovated Post Offices are already open for extended hours throughout the city, and the new service – which is the only one in the city that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week – will join them, as well as approximately 25 new Post Offices that will open in central London over the next 12 months.
- This will result in an increase in the number of Post Offices in the area from around 70 to over 100 locations.
- ″Due to the rapidly increasing urban population and commuter presence in Central London, we need to expand our services by opening more branches and keeping our hours longer.″ Because we are located in one of the busiest places in the UK for online shopping pickup and returns, our clients expect flexible and easy access to not just postal services, but also to other services such as everyday banking and travel money.
- The Post Office has appointed Debbie Smith as its new Chief Executive of Retail.
- For Londoners, the city never truly sleeps, so the convenience of being able to send mail or receive packages from a Post Office 24 hour branch at any time of day or night, as well as the accessibility of a Post Office to your home or place of employment, is quite appealing.
- ″These openings are part of a wider strategy to ensure that Post Office services are available where our customers need and want them – and with millions of commuters visiting London every day, and the city’s population growing at a rate more than twice that of the rest of the country, it’s clear that this is a priority for the Post Office,″ says the company.
The Post Office hopes that by opening these new locations, it will be able to attract more consumers by offering them with even greater convenience and choice in terms of where, when, and how they use Post Office services.″ – The United States Postal Service Drop & Go, a rapid drop mail service available at many Post Office locations, enabling small companies to send online orders and samples to clients all throughout the country and around the world in a matter of minutes.Since 2012, the Post Office has been modernizing its network, converting approximately 7500 locations into new, contemporary outlets that are open longer hours and are open seven days a week.Over 4000 locations are open seven days a week.The Post Office’s network of 11,600 branches has become the most stable it has been in a decade as a consequence of this investment.
With more branches than all of the major UK banks combined, Post Offices are proving particularly important in areas where banks no longer exist.Image courtesy of Google Maps
Late Hours at Area Post Offices Help Last-Minute Tax Filers
- The city of Duluth, Georgia, has been designated as a National Historic Landmark. In order to assist last-minute tax filers on Tuesday, April 18, the tax-filing deadline, 26 metro Atlanta Post Offices with normal business hours that extend past 5 p.m. will be open on that day. (See the accompanying list for more information.) Drive-thru, stamped tax returns will be accepted at two locations: the Atlanta Main Office and the Boggs Road Post Office, both of which will give the April 18 postmark until midnight. It will be manned to provide retail services and accept returns until midnight at the Atlanta Main Post Office, 3900 Crown Road, which is open from 6 a.m. to midnight.
- Drop-offs will be accepted until midnight at the Postal Store at the 1605 Boggs Rd. Post Office, which is open for retail services until 7 p.m. and features a 24-hour Self-Service Kiosk.
- SUGGESTIONS FOR MAILING TAX FORM Sign and date the bottom of your return. Make sure you include a correct return address.
- Make your writing legible or use address labels. In order to be readable, handwritten tax return envelopes should include a return address.
- Make sure the postage is correct. Any return that seems heavier than one ounce should be weighed. The Internal Revenue Service does not accept postage-due mail
- tax returns with insufficient postage will be rejected, resulting in taxpayers being fined for submitting late tax returns
- For 49 cents (1 ounce), you may ship approximately 5 sheets of paper, 1 paper clip, and an envelope
- each extra ounce is 22 cents per ounce.
- First-class postage should be used. As verification that a tax return has been submitted on time, the Internal Revenue Service recognizes the low-cost First-Class letter postmark.
- Whether you’re utilizing a collection box or a Self-Service Ship and Mail Center, make sure to deposit your money before the latest advertised collection hour.
- Attempt to send mail as early in the day as feasible
- Also, according to FAA regulations, tax returns that weigh one pound or more must be submitted through a post office to ensure proper delivery. They are not permitted to be placed in a mail-collection box.
- Registered mail is advised for taxpayers who are sending original receipts without copies in order to have the greatest amount of peace of mind. It’s a little more expensive, but it’s more secure
|Offices Open After 5:00 p.m. on Tax Day|
|Office Name||Hours of Operations|
|Atlanta – Central City Postal Store||9:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Atlanta – Cumberland Mall Postal Store||10:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Atlanta – Greenbriar Postal Store||10:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Atlanta – Main Office||6:00AM – 11:59PM|
|Atlanta – Pharr Road Postal Store||9:00AM – 7:00PM|
|Atlanta – Sandy Springs Postal Store||9:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Alpharetta – Main Office||8:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Alpharetta – Webb Bridge Postal Store||8:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Athens – Main Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Conyers – Main Office||8:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Cumming Post Office||8:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Decatur – Main Office||8:00AM – 6:30PM|
|Duluth – Boggs Road Postal Store||9:00AM – 7:00PM|
|Lawrenceville – Crogan St.||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Lawrenceville – Lawrenceville North||9:00AM – 7:00PM|
|Lilburn Post Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Norcross – Peachtree Corners Branch||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Roswell – Holcomb Bridge Road||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Roswell – Roswell Postal Store||8:30AM – 7:00PM|
|Suwanee Post Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Kennesaw – Main Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Powder Springs Post Office||9:00AM – 6:30PM|
|Woodstock Post Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|McDonough Post Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Marietta – Main Office||8:30AM – 6:00PM|
|Marietta – Mount Bethel Postal Store||9:00AM – 6:00PM|
Please keep in mind that the USPS Newsroom may be found at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm, where you can get broadcast-quality video and audio, picture stills, and other media tools.If you are a reporter looking to talk with a regional Postal Service public relations specialist, you may find their contact information at about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf Subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps), and read our Postal Postsblog.You can also follow us on social media sites such as Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps) (uspsblog.com).
- More information on the United States Postal Service may be found at usps.com and usps.com/postalfacts.
8 Post Offices in L.A. and Orange Counties Open Late for Tax Day
- LAist is reliant on you to maintain your independence. Important local news should be made freely available to the public, rather than being concealed behind paywalls. If you enjoy the stories you read on LAist and would want to see them continue, please consider making a gift now. Your contribution fuels our reporting and assists you in staying connected to your community. It’s Tax Day in the United States of America. In order to accommodate customers who have left it until the last minute to postmark their 2010 taxes, eight post offices in Los Angeles and Orange Counties will remain open late tonight. Mail collection will continue until midnight, the deadline for filing today, at all eight of the post offices that provide extra hours, however retail services will cease at different times at different locations. The following are the eight post offices that will be open till midnight tonight: Among the locations that accept mail and provide retail service until midnight are the following: Airport Station (9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles), Industry (15421 E. Gale Ave.), Long Beach (2300 Redondo Ave.), Los Angeles (7001 S. Central Ave.), Pasadena (600 Lincoln Ave.), and Industry (15421 E. Gale Ave.). Among the locations that accept mail and provide retail service until midnight are the following: Airport Station (9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles)
Main Post Office to accept tax returns until midnight Monday, April 18
CHICAGO, IL — The city of Chicago is preparing to host the World Cup.In order to assist those who have filed their taxes late, the Chicago District of the United States Postal Service will accept tax returns until midnight on Monday, April 18 at the Main Post Office, 433 W.Harrison Street.
- The deadline for submitting 2015 tax returns has been moved from the regular April 15 deadline to the 18th of this month.
- Emancipation Day will be celebrated in Washington, D.C.
- on Friday, which means the deadline will be moved to the following Monday.
- Customer tax returns will be accepted at drop-off locations along W.
- Harrison Street and S.
- Canal Street from late afternoon to midnight Monday by collectors stationed along these two streets.
- Additional retail employees will be available at the Main Post Office, which is open until midnight on weekdays and will be able to assist last-minute filers who desire to purchase stamps or add special services such as Certified Mail to their returns.
All other Chicago-area Post Offices, stations, and branches will close at their usual closing times on April 18, and will not offer extended hours or street collectors in lieu of this closure.In order to meet the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) midnight deadline, tax returns mailed to specified places must arrive by the closing time of those sites.Tax returns addressed to a street collection box or dropped off at the Post Office lobby drop must be deposited by the latest collection hour printed on the box in order to meet the IRS deadline of April 15th.IRS will deem late any returns that are mailed after the final collection time on April 18 since they will not be postmarked on that day.
In a statement, acting Chicago Postmaster Tangela Bush noted that the most common problems people make when submitting their tax returns include not adding enough stamps and not providing the right Internal Revenue Service mailing address.It is necessary to include postage for each subsequent ounce after the first ounce, which typically covers roughly four letter-sized sheets.The IRS will not accept mail that has not been properly addressed and stamped.The Internal Revenue Service will accept mail with an extra First-Class stamp to cover the increased postage in lieu of a 21-cent second-ounce stamp, if the additional postage is sufficient.
The United States Postal Service reminds taxpayers that it does not receive any tax monies to cover operational expenditures and instead relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover those costs.Please Keep in Mind: Visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm for broadcast-quality video and audio, picture stills, and many media materials.If you are a reporter looking to talk with a regional Postal Service public relations specialist, you may find their contact information at about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf Subscribe to us on Twitter at @USPS and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/USPS You may get additional information about the United States Postal Service on its websites, usps.com and usps.com/postalfacts.
SF Post Offices With Late Hours
In general, you have two choices in the city: 1.1300 Evans Ave., open from 7 a.m.to 8:30 p.m., with curbside pickup available from 4 to 10 p.m.
- 2.San Francisco’s Airport Station, located at 660 Field Road, is open from 11 a.m.
- to midnight, with curbside service available from 4 p.m.
- until midnight.
- Founder and Executive Editor of the publication.
- I’ve been a Mission resident since 1998 and a professor emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law since I retired in 2019.
- My journalism career began with the Albuquerque Tribune, which is located in the city where I was born and nurtured.
- The Tribune, like many other local news organizations, is no longer in operation.
After working for The New York Times on the business, international, and city desks, I decided to leave daily newspapers for a while.It’s fortunate for all of us that it’s still around.As an old acquaintance once observed, ″being a local″ has been ingrained in my DNA for a long time.It was for my Master’s Project at Columbia University, which was ultimately published in New York Magazine, that I learned about New York City’s experience with community boards.
Right now, I’m trying to figure out how you can keep that long-standing interest in local journalism alive and thriving.I’m still stumped as to what the answer is.
These NJ post offices will NOT be open to midnight for your tax returns
- TRENTON, N.J. — The habit of making a last-minute run to the post office on tax day has been replaced by the digital era. In the past, late filers on April 15 would arrive late in order to receive a hand-stamped postmark to prove that they had made it before the midnight deadline. Many post offices developed festive environments to help people pass the time while waiting in line – and some stayed open until midnight or close to midnight to facilitate this. According to Ray V. Daiutolo Sr., a spokesperson for the United States Postal Service Southern New Jersey, South Jersey, and Philadelphia Districts, ″I definitely recall those days when offices were open late and some organized activities to help improve customers’ experience.″ No New Jersey post office in South or Central Jersey will be open until midnight today to hand stamp your return, according to Daiutolo Sr. There will be none open until midnight tomorrow. People who procrastinate will be able to file at self-service facilities and receive the April 15 postmark if their mail is received by the last collection time. According to Daiutolo, ″as long as the mail is dropped in the collection bin before the latest collection time printed on that receptacle,″ it is considered delivered. A message left with a representative from the northern New Jersey district has not yet been returned. Newark’s main post office, Parlin and Somerville are all open until 7 p.m. according to NJ.com. Other locations open until 7 p.m. include Colonia, Edgewater, Lake Hiawatha, Linden, and Little Falls. Other locations open until 7 p.m. include Main Avenue Station in Clifton, Maplewood, Metuchen, Monroe, Montclair, and Woodbridge Station in North Bergen, according to NJ.com. According to the IRS, 90 percent of people who filed tax returns in 2018 did it online. In contrast, only 28 percent of taxpayers electronically filed their returns in 2000. Other tax-filing advice from the United States Postal Service: On April 15, drop off your mail at any Post Office, station, branch, or collection box as early as possible in the day.
- Information about post offices, Self-Service Kiosks, and collection boxes, as well as their locations, hours of operation, and pick-up times, is accessible by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS or visiting usps.com.
- Please double-check the pick-up schedule on the return label if you are dropping your returns in a collection box on April 15. Deposit returns must be received by the latest scheduled pick-up time on April 15th in order to get the April 15th postmark.
- In order to comply with FAA standards, stamped items weighing more than 13 ounces must be handed in person to a Post Office clerk.
- Make sure to include the proper postage, especially if the item weighs more than an ounce. Provide the item to a postal sales and service representative who will weigh and rate it for you.
- IRS will not pay postage owed, and your short-paid return will be returned to sender – which may result in your failing to meet the deadline (tip: 5 pages weigh roughly one ounce).
- Also vital is that your envelope has a return address. All short-paid products that do not have a return address will be forwarded to the postal mail recovery office for identification of the sender, resulting in a delay in their return.
- The United States Postal Service strongly recommends that you get proof of sending and delivery of your tax returns – utilize certified mail with a return receipt, plus the appropriate postage – in order to ensure your security.
Another long-standing custom has been abolished: tax forms are no longer available at postal offices. Check with your local library or on the Internet at irs.gov. Those who require filing extensions should visit IRS.gov and complete the electronic form of Form 4868, which may be found under the Free File link. More from New Jersey 101.5 radio station
Post Office Timings in India – Working Hours And Lunch Time
Even now, the Indian Post Office continues to play a significant role in a variety of governmental and personal endeavors.Despite the fact that we have increased technology, the Postal Department has kept its constancy.The Postal Department is overseen by the Director-General of Posts in New Delhi, India.
- India is split into 16 postal circles, each of which is under the supervision of the postmaster general.
- Aside from that, Post Offices have been divided into three types, which are Head Post Offices, Sub-Post Offices, and Eastern District Branch Post Offices.
- To be able to schedule your work around the hours that Post Offices are open in India, it is necessary to be aware of their opening and closing times.
- This will allow you to avoid waiting for extended periods of time or returning without completing your task.
Timings and working shifts at Indian Post Offices you must know about:
- The operating hours of the Post Offices are generally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, at the direction of the Director General of Posts, the time limit may be extended in specific circumstances. All post offices, with the exception of Night Post Offices, are closed on Sundays
- in addition, all post offices are closed on public holidays.
- Except for Gazetted Holidays, post offices are open on Saturday
- the working hours of the post office on Saturday are the same as they are on other days of the week.
- The post offices around the country are closed for an additional five days, in addition to the public holidays, however the day of the holidays differs from one postal circle to the next.
- Hours of operation for lunch vary from circle to circle
- however, the standard lunch period is from 1:30 PM to2:30 PM.
|Monday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Tuesday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Wednesday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Thursday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Friday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM to 4 PM|
Important Reminders: If you want to escape the crowds at the Post Office and get your job done quickly, you must be aware of the office’s hours of operation.Avoid making plans to go to the post office right before lunch.The post office will get quite packed when the lunch hour has passed.
- Find out more about the post office in your area and make sure that you can do your tasks without any difficulties!
- You must also have an idea of when the holidays will be so that you can plan your work schedule properly!
Mail Your Tax Return with USPS
Use the United States Postal Service® to mail your tax return, obtain verification that it was received, and monitor its arrival at the Internal Revenue Service.The deadline for filing federal tax returns In order to be considered timely submitted, the IRS requires that the tax return be addressed correctly, have sufficient postage, and be postmarked by the due date.The deadline to file your federal tax return for the tax year 2021 is April 18, 2022.
- Check the Postal Service’s operating hours. To Be Delivered to the Correct Location You can find out where to mail your tax return by visiting the IRS website. Write the destination and return addresses clearly on the envelope, or print your mailing label and postage on the envelope. Addresses for Mailing Paper Tax Returns
- Make Use of the Proper Postage Use a kitchen scale or a postage scale to weigh your envelope and apply the appropriate amount of postage to it. The majority of tax returns are many pages lengthy and weigh more than 1 oz. in total weight. Tax returns that are not delivered with sufficient postage will be returned. Calculate postage and ensure that you meet the postmark deadline. If your tax return is postmarked by the deadline for submitting it, the Internal Revenue Service deems it to have been filed on time. Returns should be mailed to a blue collection box provided by the United States Postal Service or dropped off at a Postal facility with a pickup time before the deadline. Tax filers can take advantage of longer hours and late postmarking at some Post OfficeTM locations. To find out if a Post Office in your area will be open late on tax day, give them a call. Locate USPS drop-off and pick-up locations.
- At the Post Office, you may purchase a Certificate of Mailing to provide you with additional piece of mind. A Certificate of Postal is a proof of mailing receipt that verifies that you mailed your tax return on a specific date and at the address specified. After you’ve submitted your taxes, make a copy of your receipt and save it safely. Receipts are not retained by the United States Postal Service®. Unless your return is delayed or lost, the postmark will not be visible
- nonetheless, the receipt for your Certificate of Mailing will serve as proof that you submitted your return on time. Certificate of Mailing Service (Certificate of Mailing Service) These mailing providers affix a postmark to your return as part of their service. In the case of an IRS deadline, your return is deemed timely if it is postmarked by that date. With Click-N-Ship®, you can pay for postage online and print a mailing label from the convenience of your own home or office computer. When you generate a Click-N-Ship label with postage, an electronic record is created for the label on the date you specify, thus it is critical that you ship your box on the same day as the shipment date you specified when you generated the label. Your shipment history will be saved in your online Click-N-Ship account for a period of six months. Produce a shipping label for Priority Mail Express®
- delivery in 12 working days
- includes USPS Tracking®
- eligible for Click-N-Ship
- Priority Mail®
- delivery in 1 to 3 working days
- USPS Tracking® included
- It is possible to ship using the Click-N-Ship option
- it is possible to receive a Certificate of Mailing.
- First-Class Mail®
- delivery in 1 to 5 business days
- additional services available
- Qualification for a Certificate of Mailing
IRS Tips & Help
The Postal Service® suggests that you double-check any tax information with a tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service (the IRS). Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website.
Dallas Main Post Office is open late and ready to deliver!
DALLAS, TX (KTRK) – If you are still sharpening your pencil in preparation for federal or state taxes, your local Post Office is ready to assist you in meeting the critical April 17 deadline.Tax Day will be held on Tuesday, April 17, this year, due to Emancipation Day being observed on Monday, April 16, in the District of Columbia.In order to avoid late fees and penalties, customers who wish to use the U.S.
- Mail to submit personal information included on tax forms must have the envelopes postmarked on or by April 17, 2018, in order to prevent late fees and penalties.
- Customers in the Dallas Metro region can drop off their taxes at the Dallas Main Post Office, located at 401 Tom Landry Freeway, until midnight, as well as purchase the stamps they need to mail their returns.
- The retail hours of the Dallas Main Post Office will be extended until 12:00 a.m.
- on Friday, April 12.
- On Tax Day, the DFW Airport Station, situated at 2200 W.
- 32nd Street, Dallas 75261, will be open as usual from 10:00 a.m.
- to 8:00 p.m.
at its regular hours of operation.It has been decided that there will be no human postmarking of tax mail at any site in order to maintain its security.Our Advanced Facer Canceller System machines, which are equipped with a Biohazard Detection System, will handle tax mail, as well as any other collection mail,″ according to the press release.According to Larry Wagener, Senior Plant Manager for the Dallas District, ″If we get your tax mail before midnight, you may be confident that your mail will receive the April 17 postmark.″ Post Offices in the Dallas metro area that provide self-service kiosks (SSK) are listed below and are open 24 hours a day, including on Tax Day:
|Bent Tree Station 4475 Trinity MillsDallas, TX 75252||Preston Royal Finance Unit 539 Preston Royal Shopping Ctr. Dallas, TX 75230||Vickery Station 6640 Abrams Road Dallas, TX 75231|
|Lakewood Station 6120 Swiss Avenue Dallas, TX 75214||Prestonwood Station 3995 Summerside Dallas, TX 75248||White Rock Station 1351 N. Buckner Dallas, TX 75218|
|Mockingbird Finance 4740 W. Mockingbird Ln., Ste C Dallas, TX 75209||Preston Station 8604 Turtle Creek Dallas, TX 75225|
|Oak Lawn Station 2825 Oak Lawn Avenue Dallas, TX 75219||Richland Station 9130 Markville Drive Dallas, TX 75243|
Customers may weigh mail and parcels and purchase stamps at the touch of a screen at SSKs, which accept debit and credit cards as forms of payment.Mailers are advised to double-check the collection timings listed at SSKs and collection boxes to ensure that mail deposited before the final posted collection time is picked up on time.The Postal Service does not receive any government monies to cover its operational expenditures, and instead relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover the costs of running the business.
- Please Keep in Mind: Visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm for broadcast-quality video and audio, picture stills, and many media materials.
- If you are a reporter looking to talk with a regional Postal Service public relations specialist, you may find their contact information at about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf Subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps), and read our Postal Posts blog.
- You can also follow us on social media sites such as Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps) (uspsblog.com).
- More information on the United States Postal Service may be found at usps.com and usps.com/postalfacts.
What Are Post Office Hours on Tax Day 2018? Here’s How to Find Out
- Many of the businesses that appear on Money advertise with us. Our opinions are our own, however remuneration and in-depth research are used to determine where and how firms appear on our website. Find out more about how we generate revenue. When the clock strikes twelve on Tax Day 2018, the clock is ticking if you’re attempting to submit your taxes at the eleventh hour. Moreover, if you’re planning on submitting your tax return, you might be wondering what the post office hours are on Tax Day 2018. To file taxes online before midnight tonight, or to submit tax returns in an envelope stamped by 11:59 p.m. on April 17, taxpayers must do so before midnight tonight. (In addition, if you require additional time to complete your taxes, today is the final day to file for an extension.) There is a search function on the United States Postal Service’s website that allows you to check for post office hours at locations all throughout the country. The only snag is that the website appears to provide standard post office hours, while in fact certain locations offer longer hours on Tax Day, which is a little inconvenience. You’re best choice if you need a post office that is open late tonight is to look for the major post office in the nearest large city. Those establishments are known for staying open till the wee hours of the morning. As an illustration: Among the locations open until midnight on Tuesday are the James A. Farley post office on Eighth Avenue in Manhattan
- the Fort Point post office on Dorchester Avenue in Boston
- the post office on West Harrison Street in Chicago
- the post office on Tom Landry Freeway in Dallas
- and the post office on Crown Road Southeast in Atlanta.
However, you should not expect that your local post office will be open later than usual.Many post offices will shut at their regular closing times today, which are normally between 4 p.m.and 7 p.m.Even the main post office in your state could not be open until after midnight today.
As an example, the main post office in Phoenix, Arizona, shuts at 10 p.m.every night.The main post office in Richmond, Virginia, is offering longer hours today, although it will shut at 6 p.m.rather than 5 p.m.
- as previously announced.
- Furthermore, just because a post office has longer hours does not imply that it will be providing full service to the public.
- In certain circumstances, post offices with longer hours provide complete services until they close, including the purchase of stamps and other postal products.
- Other post offices are solely open for the purpose of dropping off tax returns, parcels, and any other mail that has arrived.
- (However, if you need to purchase postage, they frequently offer vending machines on site.
) Also, don’t assume that your post office still has 2017 tax forms on hand at this time.To conclude, be aware that on Tax Day, the post office might be an extremely busy and hectic environment.One of the reasons why so many individuals do their taxes online these days is because of this.
Downtown Post Office to Accept Tax Returns until Midnight April 17
CHICAGO, IL — The city of Chicago is preparing to host the World Cup.Tax returns will be accepted at the Cardiss Collins Facility, located at 433 W.Harrison Street, until midnight on Tuesday, April 17, allowing last-minute filers to complete their forms in a quick, simple, and convenient manner.The shop window area on the 2nd floor is available for those last-minute filers who need to purchase postage or add extra services to their returns, such as Certified Mail or Signature Confirmation, but don’t have time to come in.
There will be no extra hours at any of the other Chicago postal stations on April 17, and they will shut at their normal timings.Tax returns addressed to certain places must be received by the close of business to meet the Internal Revenue Service’s midnight midnight deadline.In order to meet the IRS deadline, tax returns submitted to a street collection box must be received by the IRS by the end of the final collection period listed on the box.The most typical mistakes that people make when submitting their tax forms are not include enough postage and not putting the right IRS mailing address on the form.
- Postal mailers must pay 21 cents for each every ounce of weight after the initial ounce, which typically covers around four letter-sized pages of paper.
- The Postal Service does not receive any government monies to cover its operational expenditures, and instead relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to cover the costs of running the business.
- Please keep in mind that the USPS Newsroom may be found at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm, where you can get broadcast-quality video and audio, picture stills, and other media tools.
- If you are a reporter looking to talk with a regional Postal Service public relations specialist, you may find their contact information at about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf Subscribe to us on Twitter at @USPS and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/USPS You may get additional information about the United States Postal Service on its websites, usps.com and usps.com/postalfacts.
Main post office extends hours for Tax Day
- RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) – The city of Richmond is preparing for a major event. In order to escape the 2018 Tax Day deadline, the Richmond Main Post Office will be open until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17 to accept mail-in tax returns and extension requests until that time. People who want to wait until April 17 should mail their returns as early in the day as they can, according to the United States Postal Service. Other suggestions from the United States Postal Service: Remember to include your return address on your mailpiece, as well as any pertinent information such as (apartment/floor/suite number)
- Make sure to weigh your returns or extension requests on a postal scale before mailing them off, and to include the appropriate amount of postage. In particular, if you are filing more forms or schedules this year, this is important to remember. Required to the fact that tax agencies will not pay postage due, tax filings that have not been properly paid must be returned for further postage. If you don’t meet the deadline, it’s likely that you’ll be late.
Using a collection box, taxpayers should double-check that the indicated pick-up time has not past in order to guarantee that their returns will be postmarked by April 17, according to the United States Postal Service.The Richmond Main Post Office is situated at 1801 Brook Road in the city of Richmond, Virginia.All other post offices in the Richmond region will continue to operate during normal business hours, however self-service kiosks will be available at various locations across the city.If you’re looking for self-serve kiosks, go to this page.
Copyright courtesy of WWBT NBC12.All intellectual property rights are retained.NBC12 would want you to report an error or submit a tip.
NYC Post Office Open Until Midnight For Last-Minute Tax Filers
CBS New York reports that on April 15, 2014, around 10:55 a.m.NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/Associated Press) – Do you get a kick out of the anxiety-inducing adrenaline rush that comes with sending your tax return at the last minute?If that is the case, certain post office locations around the Tri-State region will remain open later on Tuesday to accommodate last-minute filers, including the James A.Farley post office in Manhattan, which will be open until midnight on Tuesday.
LINK: To locate a USPS location near you, please visit this page.The United States Postal Service (USPS) said that tax returns must be submitted by the latest collection time at the post office or collection box on April 15 in order to acquire a postmark on April 15.Super procrastinators, on the other hand, will be able to obtain the coveted April 15 postmark if they arrive in line before the witching hour.It was approximately 2 a.m.
- last year when the last client to get an April 15 postmark checked out, according to the Postal Service.
- Recent polling has revealed that approximately 25% of Americans wait until the last minute to submit their federal income tax returns.
- However, if you are due a refund, which is the case for almost three-fourths of all filers, April 15 isn’t much of a deadline at all.
Many Scrambling To File Last-Minute Tax Returns
- The audio element cannot be played because your browser does not support it. Although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is reluctant to discuss it, penalties for submitting late federal tax returns apply exclusively to persons who owe money to the government. The penalty is calculated as a percentage of the amount you owe. If you owe nothing, 5 percent of nothing equals – you guessed it – 5 percent! However, submitting a late application does not make much sense. You should expect to get your money as soon as possible if your account is overdue for a refund. Furthermore, if you owe back taxes, the late fines can soon pile up. ″IRS Commissioner John Koskinen stated that ″the vast majority of people who are due a refund file early in January, February, and March because they want their return as soon as possible.″ ″As a result, we don’t see an incentive, and we don’t have much experience with customers who have waited later for us to hold the money for a longer period of time.″ WHAT PROCRASTINATORS NEED TO KNOW ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You should never ignore a deadline if you owe money. It is one of the worst things you can do. ″It’s just poor business to play games with Uncle Sam,″ business commentator Jill Schlessinger of CBS News remarked. Even if you are unable to pay your debt to the government, according to Schlessinger, there are alternatives. It is important to note that the IRS does not want you to conceal your assets
- rather, they want you to state, ″here’s how much I have, here’s how much I think I can accomplish in the future,″ she explained. Furthermore, if you are proactive, there is a good possibility they will cooperate with your efforts. You could submit a claim and pay what you can afford. If you are unable to pay everything at once, inquire about setting up a payment plan. Generally, the failure-to-file penalty is equal to 5 percent of your unpaid tax bill for each month, or portion of a month, that you are late in filing your return. It becomes effective on April 16 and, in most cases, the maximum penalty is equal to 25 percent of the initial tax bill. If you don’t believe you’ll be able to meet the deadline, you should consider requesting an extension, but make sure it’s the proper type. One form of extension will give you an additional 120 days to pay your taxes. The alternative enables you to file for six months, but you are still responsible for paying whatever you believe you owe by Tuesday’s deadline, or you will be subject to significant financial penalties. In the event that you do not pay your taxes and/or do not pay the amount that you believe you owe, the IRS can assess penalties against you that are up to roughly 50% of the amount that you would have due, according to Schlesinger. The failure-to-pay penalty is equal to 0.5 percent of your outstanding taxes for each month, or part of a month, that you fail to pay your taxes. The penalty is assessed on a monthly basis. According to the IRS, around 12 million taxpayers are likely to request extensions, which will provide them with an additional six months to complete their forms. They must still pay at least 90 percent of their tax bill by Tuesday in order to avoid the failure-to-pay penalty, which is now in effect. Listed below are some other stories from CBSNewYork.com: (2014) CBS Radio Inc. and its related subsidiaries retain ownership of the trademarks and logos. Copyright for the CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright for the CBS Broadcasting Inc. in 2014 This is a licensed use. All Intellectual Property Rights are Reserved. This information may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the author. This piece was written with assistance from the Associated Press.) Internal Revenue Service
- tax returns
- Internal Revenue Service
- Internal Revenue Service
- Internal Revenue Service