Poly mailers may cost as less as $0.25 per unit when purchasing in bulk, but you may end up paying as high as $1.25 for cardboard boxes of a similar size, even when buying in bulk. They are smaller and lighter: Poly mailers are space-savers.
A Cost-Effective Shipping Option For instance, poly mailers can be shipped via USPS First Class Mail, for lightweight packages (under 13 oz), starting at just $0.49.
In terms of purchasing, when buying in bulk, poly mailers ring in at around $0.25 per unit, while mailer boxes of a similar size can cost upwards of $1.25 each. Does USPS have poly bags? Poly mailers are frequently shipped with USPS First Class, Priority Mail, and Media Mail. The service used would be Package or Thick Envelope.
How much does it cost to ship poly mailers?
Prices can vary from $0 (for some instances of free shipping supplies) to a few dollars per pack of 25. USPS poly mailers can ship for no additional cost if you have small shipments. If you’re a ShipBob customer, poly mailers are available at no extra cost for your shipments. Does Walmart sell poly mailers?
Are poly mailers good for e-commerce?
Poly Mailers are a popular choice for many e-commerce sellers, and for good reason. Poly mailers are extremely cheap, lightweight, and take up less space than boxes. They’re perfect for non-fragile items like apparel and work really well with the USPS First Class Package shipping service.
How much does a bubble mailer cost?
This is a Pack of 36 ReadyPost® Bubble Mailers, each mailer measuring approximately 19′(L) x 12-1/2′(W). 1. Format: Pack of 36$79.00
Does the post office sell poly mailers?
In general, the USPS does not offer poly mailers, although you can get padded flat rate envelopes that are plastic on the outside with Priority Mail.
How do I get free USPS poly mailers?
To get your free USPS shipping supplies, you can order them online through Stamps.com or pick them up from Post Offices nationwide. The post office will allow you to order up to 500 of its shipping boxes or labels free of charge.
Does USPS have poly bags?
USPS does ship with poly mailers and is the most common shipper of packages using poly mailers. With that, poly mailers are an alternative packaging option that is more lightweight and eco-friendly than conventional packaging methods.
Does USPS have free mailers?
When it comes to Priority Mail packaging, USPS will never charge you for any boxes or envelopes. They’re always free, no matter if you get them at your local Post Office or on USPS.com. This includes Priority Mail Flat Rate and Priority Mail Express boxes and envelopes, as well.
Does UPS offer free poly mailers?
Instead of spending a fortune on shipping boxes, UPS offers free boxes and shipping supplies, including labels and stickers, boxes and packaging, and pouches. Plus, hazmat supplies and express envelopes are also part of UPS’s free packing supplies.
Can I reuse a poly mailer?
Poly mailers are the go-to packaging option for non-fragile goods. Because they can be recycled and reused means you can be cost-effective and environmentally conscious at the same time. Once you decide poly mailers are right for you and your business, there are many styles and sizes from which to choose.
How much it cost to ship a package?
Compare Mail Services
|Priority Mail®||$8.70 (at Post Office & Online) $7.37 (Commercial)6|
|First-Class Mail®||$0.58 (at Post Office & Online) $0.426 (Commercial)6|
|First-Class Package Service®||$4.50 (at Post Office) $3.37 (Commercial6)|
|USPS Retail Ground®||$8.50 (at Post Office)|
How can I get free mailers?
4 carriers that offer free shipping supplies
- UPS. UPS is one of the major players in shipping in the US.
- FedEx. FedEx makes it easy to order free FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® shipping supplies.
- USPS. USPS also offers a good selection of free supplies for your business.
Why are USPS shipping supplies free?
To help business owners manage their shipping costs, the USPS provides free shipping boxes and envelopes for some of their popular service levels.
Do poly mailers count as envelopes?
Is a poly mailer considered an envelope? -Using USPS, a poly mailer can either be a package or large envelope depending on its dimensions.
How many stamps do I need for a poly mailer?
So to ship a bubble envelope that is 3.8 ounce, you’ll need 1 forever stamp and 3 additional ounce stamps for a total cost of 1.16 cents. Just make sure the thickness of your envelope is smaller than 3/4 of an inch. Any thicker and it’ll be considered a package.
How much is the biggest flat rate box?
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
|Free Supplies8||Shipping Price|
|Large Flat Rate Box||$19.20 Commercial Base $21.50 at Post Office & Online|
|APO/FPO/DPO Flat Rate Box||$17.70 Commercial Base $20.00 at Post Office & Online|
|Large Flat Rate Board Game Box||$19.20 Commercial Base $21.50 at Post Office & Online|
How much is an envelope at the Post Office?
Standard-sized, rectangular envelope stamps start at $0.58. Square, oversized, or unusually shaped envelope stamps start at $0.88.
How much does USPS Priority Mail cost?
|Priority Mail®||From $8.70 at the Post Office From $7.37 for Commercial Base From $7.37 for Commercial Plus|
|Priority Mail Flat Rate® Envelope||$8.95 at the Post Office $7.75 for Commercial Base $7.75 for Commercial Plus|
|Prepaid Forever® Priority Mail Flat Rate||See pricing online|
How much does USPS registered mail cost?
How Much Does USPS Registered Mail Cost the Consumer. As of January 24, 2021, the price for registered mail starts at $12.90. Before this, the beginning price of $12.60 had been set one year before. Which was a $.20 hike over 2019. Before this, price sets were:
How much to mail large envelope USPS?
“Flats” (Large 1st Class Envelopes) no change Jan2021 1 oz $1.16 Up 16¢ on 3Oct2021 2 ounces $1.36 Incrementing 20 cents each additional ounce since 2020 3 ounces $1.56 (3oz? Fold it & go in a business envelope for 98 cents) 4 ounces $1.76 5 ounces $1.96 6 ounces $2.16 7 ounces $2.36 8 ounces $2.56 9 ounces $2.76 10 ounces $2.96 11 ounces $3.16
How to figure USPS shipping rates?
The USPS Shipping Calculator allows you to choose a Flat Rate option or a shape like a postcard, letter, large envelope, package or large package. If you choose a flat rate option like Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box, you will be shown the expected delivery day, and the retail and online postage prices.
How much does it cost to mail a 9×12 envelope?
The cost to mail a 9×12 envelope is a minimum of $1.00 and increases by $0.21 for every
Shipping with Poly Mailers: Types & Costs
- Important Points:Poly mailers are lightweight, strong plastic bags that are ideal to send products that are not too delicate or that are not too heavy.
- Poly mailers assist eCommerce merchants in reducing packaging and shipping expenses since they are inexpensive and take up less room on carriers’ vans while in transit
- they are also environmentally friendly.
- When ordering in quantity, poly mailers can be purchased for as little as $0.25 per unit.
- As part of minimizing expenses in ecommerce, you should consider what packaging you are using.
- The type of packing you use will impact how much you will have to spend to ship things to the client.
- Retailers must reduce transportation expenses in order to get a good return on their client acquisition costs.
- One method of accomplishing this is to select appropriate shipping packaging for shipments that will keep things from being damaged while in transit at a fair cost.
Despite the fact that cardboard boxes are good for shipping fragile things, they may be superfluous and costly for shipping less fragile items such as clothing and shoes.As a result, poly mailers have acquired considerable favor in the eCommerce shipping business as a cost-effective alternative to typical packing materials.They make it possible for eCommerce companies to strike a careful balance between protecting consumers’ purchases and lowering delivery expenses.In this article, we define poly mailers, discuss the most frequent reasons merchants use them, discuss the types of products that may be shipped using them, and discuss where to get them.The shipping options that Easyship provides to eCommerce businesses will also be discussed in order to assist them in driving shipping costs even further down to the bottom line.
Table of Contents
- 01 What are Poly Mailers and How Do They Work?
- 02 Types of Poly Mailers and Their Functions 03 Frequently Asked Questions About Poly Mailers by Online Retailers 04 Items that I am able to ship 05 Where Can I Purchase Poly Mailers?
- 06 Typical Poly Mailer Dimensions There are seven critical considerations for your shipping process.
- 08 USPS Rules for Polymailers 09 USPS Rules for Bulk Mailers How Easyship Can Be of Assistance
What are Poly Mailers?
- Poly mailers are lightweight, durable plastic bags that are used to convey products that are not too fragile and are not too heavy.
- In comparison to normal packing, they are a fantastic option.
- The fact that they are inexpensive and take up less room on carriers’ trucks while in route allows them to assist eCommerce retailers in lowering their packing and shipping expenses.
- They have a self-sealing fold-over lip that eliminates the need for tape.
A shipping label can also be attached straight to the bag if necessary.As a result, they are less difficult to pack and transport, making them a good choice for delivering non-fragile things that do not need to be delivered in large, bulky boxes.
The Different Types of Poly Mailers
- Whether you want to increase the security of your buyer’s belongings, cut shipping costs, be more environmentally friendly, or promote your brand, you will be able to find the poly mailer that will help you reach your objectives. Generally speaking, there are four different types of poly mailers available. They are as follows: Regular white poly mailers are the most common and cost-effective poly mailers available, as they do not include any bubble filling. Purchasing from them is your best choice if you want to save money on delivery expenses. They are most suited for non-fragile things such as clothing, as well as fragile items that are already packaged in durable packaging and do not require extra safeguards.
- Bubble-padded: The name ″poly bubble mailers″ comes from the fact that they are supplied with bubble wrap on the inside to give additional protection to the contents being transported. Their price is a little more than other options, but they are great for high-quality products that require additional padding to prevent damage or scratches.
- These heavy-duty poly mailers have a cushioned bottom, which allows them to accommodate the delivery of bulky objects. They are composed of a robust polyethylene material and are great for protecting objects from moisture damage while being transported. Additionally, they are puncture, tamper, and tear resistant
- Eco-friendly alternatives: These are the types of custom poly mailers that are designed for environmentally aware businesses, and they include biodegradable and recyclable solutions. Because they are safe for both customers and the environment, they are an excellent choice for eco-friendly firms that are committed to reducing waste and increasing the use of renewable energy.
Related: Fragile Items: How to Package and Ship Them
Common Reasons Online Retailers Use Poly Mailers
As we’ve already seen, poly mailers are a cost-effective alternative to traditional packing methods. Poly mailers are commonly used by online merchants for a variety of reasons, which are listed below.
- They are reasonably priced: The affordability of poly mailers is one of the primary reasons many merchants contemplate utilizing them to ship their items to customers. When bought in bulk, poly mailers may be purchased for as low as $0.25 per unit, but cardboard boxes of a same size can cost as much as $1.25 per unit, even when purchasing in bulk.
- They are more compact and lighter: Poly mailers are useful for saving space. As a result, they take up less room on shipping containers. When compared to cardboard boxes that contain the dimensional weight factor, they help eCommerce retailers save money on shipping expenses because of their lightweight and tiny size. Poly mailers, on the other hand, assist to minimize dimensional weight, which in turn helps to save shipping costs for lightweight products that would otherwise take up more space if transported in a box.
- Branding and customizing them is a piece of cake: You can give your poly mailers a slick appearance with unique branding choices, just as you can with boxes, and thrill your consumers with a positive unwrapping experience. When compared to boxes, it is even easier and less expensive to incorporate your logo, pictures, colors, and other branding components on poly mailers. They also feature environmentally friendly solutions, such as: If your company is established on the principles of environmental responsibility, you may well believe that regular poly mailer bags are a bad choice for the environment. The good news is that there are a variety of environmentally friendly packaging choices for poly mailer bags available from a variety of packaging manufacturers. A packaging business may even create custom poly mailers for you that are both recyclable and biodegradable
- they provide an additional layer of protection by providing the following benefits: Others choose poly bubble mailers because they help protect things from the unpleasant reality of shipping damage without the need for additional dunnage, which some merchants find to be more cost effective. The use of bubble-lined mailer bags for fragile things that may be damaged when packaged in normal poly mailer bags can be an inexpensive way to increase security and avoid damage when shipping fragile items.
What Items Can I Ship?
- So, what kind of eCommerce items are most suited for shipping in poly mailers, and why? Because they are not fragile and cannot be crushed, poly mailers are ideal for shipping non-fragile objects that are already protected with strong packing materials. Clothing and shoes are excellent examples of what is available in these areas. The use of a poly mailer bag for shipping products that are not likely to be harmed when thrown around or when large boxes are placed on top of them is permissible. The use of poly mailers on delicate objects made of glass, or on any other things, such as food, that are susceptible to being shattered or crumbled, is discouraged. When shipping such products, it is best to stay with the standard mailing boxes. You should first make sure that the items are in strong packaging before you wrap them in a poly mailer bag to guarantee that they arrive in one piece. The following are the top types of things that may be shipped using poly mailers: Any things that are packaged in a durable manner: If a product is already packaged in a durable manner, packing it in a cardboard box will be a bit excessive. Poly mailers, on the other hand, are ideal for sending such things as well as any other soft and flat objects that cannot be easily crushed, such as phone cases, a deck of playing cards, and smaller board games.
- Apparel: Products such as shirts, footwear, and trousers that are not likely to be crushed in transportation make excellent choices for poly mailers. Shipping textile and fabric-based items, such as mattresses, face masks, samples, and yarn, is also possible. The use of poly bubble mailers or boxes for shipping garments with delicate beading and ornamentation is recommended to prevent damage.
- Books and other printed materials: Shipping books and printed media in bubble-lined poly mailers is a great idea since they give the extra padding necessary to prevent rips and dents from occurring during the shipping process.
- Here are a few examples of health and beauty products: Poly mailers are a great choice for mailing various health, beauty, and wellness items because of their durability. Vitamins and supplements, cosmetics, and nutrition goods are some of the most popular items in this category of products. These goods can be sent safely in poly mailers as long as they have already been encased in durable materials.
Where to Buy Poly Mailers
- Up until this point, you’ve learned about poly mailers and the types of items that may be shipped in poly mailer bags. But where can you get your hands on one? Poly mailers are available for purchase at any of the main carriers’ retail stores or online, as well as at any other retailer that specializes in shipping goods and supplies for businesses. Target, Walmart, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, Amazon.com, and Uline.com are examples of common sites to shop.
Common Poly Mailer Sizes
The perfect poly mailer is critical in ensuring that the item you are delivering is well protected and fits snugly in the package. For example, a t-shirt in the extra small size will require a different poly mailer size than a t-shirt in the XXL size. The table below provides a general idea of the most frequent poly mailer sizes, as well as the items that are most suited for each of them.
|Poly Mailer Size||Product Type|
|12 x 15.5″ or 14.5 x 19″||Sweater|
|12 x 15.5″||2-3 shirts|
|10 x 13″ or 12 x 15.5″||Yarn|
|10 x 13″||Napkin Set|
|6 x 9″||Socks|
|12 x 15.5″ or 14.5 x 19″||Jeans or Dress|
|9 x 12″||T-shirt|
|10 x 13″||Dress shirt|
|10 x 13″||Fabric -1 yd|
|12 x 15.5″||Fabric -2yds|
|14.5 x 19″||Fabric -3 yds|
|14.5 x 19″ or 19 x 24″||Sheet set|
|9 x 12″||Fabric patterns|
Poly Mailers vs. Standard Packaging
- Despite the fact that typical packing such as cardboard boxes is suitable for transporting some items, it may not always be essential in other cases.
- Put another cardboard box inside another cardboard box, for example, will not make sense if the product is already wrapped in a durable cardboard box.
- Keep in mind that carriers compute the shipping fee for your shipment based on both the actual weight and the dimensional weight – whichever is larger – of your box.
- Let us consider the case of a pair of shoes that has previously been wrapped in a sturdy cardboard box.
Placing it inside another cardboard box increases the overall weight of the product, both in terms of real weight and dimensional weight.The shipping charge will rise as a result of this.You will save weight and space by shipping your pair of shoes in a poly mailer bag.Not only will the actual weight of the shipment be reduced, but the dimensional weight will be reduced as well.As a result, you will save a large amount of money on shipping charges.
- To avoid damage to fragile items, it is recommended that you use poly mailers to ship products that are already packaged in sturdy packaging and to ship any other items that are unlikely to be crushed or broken.
- Boxes should only be used to ship fragile items that are likely to be damaged if sent without a box.
Important Things to Consider for Your Shipping Process
- The fact that poly mailers are lightweight and take up less room on delivery vehicles makes them an excellent choice for reducing shipping expenses. Using poly mailers for shipping may help you ensure that your buyers receive their items in perfect shape, but there are a few things you should keep in mind as you go through the process. Here’s a short overview of what’s going on: Fragile objects should not be shipped in poly mailers unless they are packaged in strong packaging.
- Cheap poly mailers are prone to tearing, exposing your things to potential harm. Only reliable, high-quality poly mailers should be used
- In addition to providing an extra layer of protection, bubble-lined poly mailers are also more cost-effective for shipping things that require a little extra protection.
- If you are using regular poly mailers, be certain that the product completely fills the bag. Otherwise, stuff any remaining empty spaces with additional cushioning materials like as bubble wrap or packing peanuts to protect the contents. Consequently, it is easier to process at the post office and there is less chance of parcel delivery delays.
USPS Rules For Poly Mailers
- Poly mailers are frequently sent by the United States Postal Service. As a result, there are specific USPS standards and requirements that you should be aware of when mailing poly mailers, and you should be aware of them. They are as follows: Generally, poly mailers must be 2 mils thick for shipments under 5 pounds and 4 mils thick for shipments under 10 pounds
- its overhang should not exceed 0.5 inch while the package is resting on its side.
- First Class Mail can only be used for poly mailers weighing less than 16 oz
- Priority Mail can be used for poly mailers weighing less than 70 lbs
- USPS media mail can be used for any poly mailer weighing less than 70 lbs with a content type of books, blu rays, videotapes, DVDs, vinyl records, sound recordings, and printed music
- and USPS media mail can be used for any poly mailer weighing less than 70 lbs with a content
How Easyship Can Help
- The use of poly mailers is particularly advantageous for transporting products that are already in stable packaging or non-fragile things that cannot be easily crushed or damaged. They offer a more cheap alternative to normal packaging, allowing eCommerce retailers to save money on packing and delivery expenses. Easyship can assist shops in improving their delivery performance by utilizing poly mailers in the following ways: Calculator for shipping rates: Compare shipping prices for mailing poly mailers using our shipping rates calculator to find the most cost-effective option for you.
- Personalized branding: You may brand and modify your poly mailers using Easyship’s customized customs slips and shipping labels, which feature your company’s graphics, logo, colors, and other bespoke branding elements
- Shipping prices that are competitive: Shipping reductions of up to 70% from various carriers are made available to you through us, which you would not otherwise be able to obtain on your own.
- With our network of 3PL providers and couriers, we can help you further lower your shipping expenses. We collaborate with fulfillment providers in various places and have a network of over 250+ carriers to assist you minimize shipment time and cost.
- Rates will be shown at the time of checkout: Don’t take your consumers by surprise. When you use the Costs at Checkout function in our platform, you can display shipping rates and delivery schedules to your buyers so that they are aware of how much they will be charged for shipments up front.
- Now is the time to get started by creating a free Easyship account. If you found this article to be helpful, you might also be interested in the following: Why and how value-engineered packaging can save you money
- What is value-engineered packaging and how can it save you money
- Designing Custom Packaging for Multichannel Retailing
- 5 Ideas for Sustainable Packaging That Businesses Should Consider
Poly Mailers Guide: Why Use Them, When to Use Them, and How Much They Cost
- Poly mailers are used for this purpose.
- Bubble mailers are a type of mailer that uses bubbles to transport information.
- Poly bags are used.
- Bags made of plastic.
Bags for sending mail.Poly bubble mailers are used for this purpose.Whatever you want to call them, they’ve acquired a lot of traction in the world of ecommerce shipping recently.Shipping expenses, as well as whether or not things reach safely at the customer’s doorstep, are all determined by the packing or postal envelope used for shipments.In the event that you are overpaying for delivery, you may never see a favorable return on your client acquisition expense incurred.
- If a consumer orders from you and discovers that a product is broken during the unpacking process, they may decide not to shop from you again in the near future.
- Many items do not come in a box at all, despite the fact that many people connect online shopping with cardboard boxes.
- As an alternative to corrugated cardboard packaging, poly mailers are a popular choice since they provide built-in cushioning to protect specific items at a lesser cost than corrugated cardboard packaging.
- Here we’ll go over how poly mailers function, why it’s appropriate to utilize poly mailers instead of boxes, and where you can obtain poly mailers from.
What are poly mailers?
- Poly mailers are used for bulk mailings of documents.
- Bubble mailers are a type of mailer that uses bubbles to deliver information.
- bags made of polypropylene Bags made of plastic Bags for sending letters and packages Poly bubble mailers are used for sending packages to several recipients.
- No matter what you want to name them, they’ve acquired a lot of traction in the realm of ecommerce shipping.
Choosing the appropriate packing or mailing envelope for shipments will have an impact on everything from shipping costs to whether or not things reach safely at the customer’s door.In the event that you are overpaying for delivery, you may never see a positive return on your customer acquisition cost (CAC).If a consumer purchases from you and discovers that a product is broken during the unpacking process, they may decide not to order from you in the future..Many purchases do not come in a box at all, despite the fact that you may identify them with online shopping.As an alternative to corrugated cardboard packaging, poly mailers are a popular choice since they provide built-in cushioning to protect specific items at a lesser cost than corrugated cardboard.
- Here we’ll go over how poly mailers function, why it’s appropriate to utilize poly mailers rather of boxes, and where you can obtain poly mailers from.
Poly mailers vs. boxes: why should I use poly mailers?
Boxes are a shipping necessity, however they aren’t always essential for sending certain types of merchandise.Shoe boxes, for example, are frequently wrapped in sturdy cardboard boxes, so sending them inside another cardboard box would be counterproductive.Apparel is also a good choice for poly mailers because clothing is less prone to being crushed or destroyed when not packaged in a box.
- Here are a few reasons why you might want to consider utilizing a poly mailer rather than a box in your packaging.
Significantly cheaper shipping costs
While corrugated boxes are durable, inexpensive, and resistant to damage, poly mailers offer protection while also lowering shipping costs and saving money.Comparing poly mailers to boxes, poly mailers are less expensive each shipment because of their low weight and tiny size.Dimensional weight is a significant factor in the pricing of shipments.
- Dimensional weight is a pricing technique used by shipping carriers in which they charge the higher of two numbers: the actual weight of the package or the calculated dimensional weight of the package.
- Dimensional weight is a factor in the pricing of shipments.
- It is possible for carriers to charge more money for a lightweight product that takes up a significant amount of space on the truck in this manner.
- They also impose fees on heavyweight shipments, therefore it is in the best interest of any ecommerce firm to make packages as tiny and light as possible.
- Because poly mailers take up less space than boxes, they can help you save even more money on shipping charges by reducing the dimensional weight of your package.
- The greater the number of shipments that are sent out in a box when they might be properly sent out in a poly mailer, the more shipping expenses will cut into your profit margin over time.
Smaller and lighter
From a warehousing aspect, poly mailers are considerably easier to store than other types of mailers since they are constructed of plastic.Because of their tiny size, they take up less room in carriers’ vans, resulting in lower shipping costs for you as well.As for delivery, poly mailers can occasionally fit in a mailbox, which decreases the likelihood of theft when compared to packages that are left out on the front porch.
Custom branding options
Custom packaging that incorporates your company’s identity makes your shipments more noticeable. Poly mailers, like boxes, may be customized with your company’s logo, colors, and graphics if you want a more professional appearance.
In spite of the fact that many people believe plastic poly bags are harmful to the environment, there are numerous packaging firms that offer environmentally friendly packaging alternatives for poly mailers.For example, if the cornerstone of your company is based on an environmental-conscious objective, using typical plastic mailers would not be appropriate for your company.Depending on your needs, you may use anything from recycled poly mailers to biodegradable poly mailers, like ShipBob customer Boie does with his (picture to the right).
Opt for a little extra padding
Shipping losses are an unwelcome fact that, in many circumstances, may be avoided by taking the proper precautions.Some poly bags are designed with a bubble-lined lining to provide maximum protection.Even while they will not completely protect fragile things, these bubble mailers might be a suitable alternative if you’re concerned that normal poly mailers would harm some items during shipping.
Which types of ecommerce products can be shipped with poly mailers?
When shipping things that cannot be crushed, such as garments or fabric, poly mailers are an excellent alternative.They are also great for products that are already packaged in robust packaging, such as shoes, but you are concerned that the package may not remain sealed during transportation.It is OK to use a poly mailer if it passes the test of ″Will this product be alright if the carrier puts the poly bag into a pile with heavy boxes thrown on top of it?″ It is never recommended to use poly mailers for fragile things like as sunglasses, foods such as chips that can be shattered and crumbled, or products made of glass.
- Unless the items are already packaged in a durable manner, use boxes instead of bags.
Poly mailers are excellent for storing garments since they are difficult to crush.You should utilize poly mailers for completing garment orders for items such as jeans, shirts, and footwear that aren’t at risk of being crushed while in transport.Dresses with exquisite beading or ornamentation, on the other hand, are more suited for display in boxes.
- ShipBob replaced a fulfillment center that, basically, couldn’t keep up with our growing business.
- This level of speed and scalability is critical because, as soon as we release a new pair of shorts, they sell out almost immediately on the market.
- The fact that we’ve expanded by 30% year over year since switching to ShipBob is a tribute to their scalability, service, and technological capabilities.
- ″I consider myself quite lucky to have discovered ShipBob at the time we did.″ FLEO was founded by Carl Protsch, who is also its co-founder.
Cloth and fabric-based products
Similarly to clothes, most things made of cloth, cotton, or any other sort of fabric make excellent candidates for poly mailer packaging. Swatches, yarn, face masks, and bedding items such as sheet sets are examples of suitable products.
Books and printed media
Books are a fantastic choice for poly mailers since they are generally already strong when they are purchased.When sending books in a poly mailer, a bubble-lined poly mailer might give the additional protection needed to avoid rips and dents in the book.The integrity of our items is maintained by ShipBob, and our consumers are delighted with their arrival, as opposed to previous experiences with other fulfillment firms, when our books were damaged or had bent edges.
- Francesca Cavallo, co-author of Rebel Girls, discusses her work.
Some health, beauty, and wellness products
Product fulfillment for health, beauty, and wellness items may be done in both boxes and mailers, but it is ultimately dependant on the packaging and materials used to create the product in the first place.Shipping liquid products such as face wash and products in glass is not recommended for poly mailers; however, shipping vitamins and supplements, nutrition products, and cosmetics (for example, shipping makeup such as a tube of mascara, liquid eyeliner, or lipstick) can be done in poly mailers as long as the products are sealed tightly and already encased in materials that will not break if dropped or thrown are acceptable.In addition to our eco-friendly mailers that are 100 percent biodegradable, we use ShipBob to send orders to customers in our custom branded packaging.
- ShipBob is a fulfillment partner that has become a true extension of our brand,″ says the company.
- BOIE’s President and CEO, Manuel de la Cruz
Anything else in strong, sturdy product packaging or that’s soft and flat or not easily crushed
- One of the reasons that companies utilize poly mailers is to transport items that have already been packaged in a durable manner to their customers. When a product is already wrapped in cardboard, it is generally unnecessary to transport it in a cardboard container. The following goods are examples of durable packaged products: a deck of playing cards
- smaller board games
- phone covers
- and so on.
4 types of poly mailers
There are various different types of poly mailers available, and the one you choose will depend on your objectives, which may include saving money, showcasing your brand, being environmentally friendly, or being extra cautious and adding additional security.
Regular white poly mailers
These regular plastic poly envelopes are not cushioned with bubble wrap. They are the most cost-effective alternative and are most suited for things that don’t require additional cushioning, such as bubble wrap, to protect them. They only cover the product and do not provide much in the way of protection.
These poly envelopes are bubble-padded on the inside to give additional protection for any high-quality items that require it or for any products that you are concerned about being scratched during shipping.
Expansion poly mailers
These are your heavy-duty poly mailers, which are comprised of sturdy polyethylene and are meant to keep things protected from moisture while in transit. They are puncture, damp, tamper, and tear resistant, and their cushioned bottoms make it possible to store heavier goods within.
Biodegradable and recycled poly envelopes are available as environmentally acceptable alternatives. These are the poly mailers to use for environmentally aware businesses since they minimize waste, optimize the use of renewable energy during manufacturing, and are safe for both customers and the environment throughout their lifespan.
Where can I get poly mailers?
- You can buy poly mailers almost anywhere that offers shipping materials, even online. There are many places to purchase poly mailers, including the United States Postal Service (at post offices and online), FedEx (at retail store locations and online), UPS (at retail store locations and online), Walmart (at retail locations and online), Target (at retail locations and online), and others.
In the event that you opt to outsource fulfillment to ShipBob, we will offer poly mailers for your shipments at no additional charge. If you need custom-branded poly mailers, our friends at noissue can assist you.
Pick the perfect packaging for all your products with ShipBob
ShipBob provides best-in-class ecommerce fulfillment services, support, and technology to businesses throughout the world.Each product has its own set of options for packaging, including poly mailers and boxes.When you have a varied range of products, you may still select boxes for more delicate things or mixtures of fragile and non-fragile items to protect them.
- ″We use ShipBob’s locations to optimize and decrease the distance traveled in order to get our items into our clients’ hands as quickly as possible.
- For glass bottles shipped through ground transportation, especially in colder weather, it is more probable that they may break during transit.
- With fewer frozen bottles exploding, we can see that our clients are receiving their deliveries in safer conditions.
- The Fulfillment and Retail Manager of Synchrony is Lindsay Louise.
- We also have custom packaging suppliers who can assist you in creating branded poly mailers for your company, which will make your brand stand out even more from the competition.
- Using our proprietary software, ShipBob has developed a special box algorithm that predicts the optimal packing choice based on the product weights and dimensions, as well as the merchant’s preferred packaging option.
- As part of our cost-cutting efforts, while our fulfillment center employees are packaging orders, they receive a validation message to ensure that we are not placing orders that may potentially ship out using poly mailers or bubble mailers in a box.
There are certain products that do not need to be transported in a box.When it comes to small ecommerce firms shipping, poly mailers are a terrific alternative since they allow them to save even more money while guaranteeing that their items are not harmed.To discover more about how ShipBob can assist you with retail fulfillment while building your online business, please contact us by clicking the button below.
FAQs about poly mailers
There are some products that do not require shipping in a box.When it comes to small ecommerce firms shipping, poly mailers are a terrific alternative since they allow them to save even more money while still guaranteeing that their items arrive in good condition.To discover more about how ShipBob can assist you with retail fulfillment while also expanding your online business, please contact us by clicking the button below.
How much are poly mailers?
Prices might range from $0 (in the case of free delivery supplies) to a few dollars each pack of 25 depending on the supplier. If you have a modest number of shipments, USPS poly mailers can be shipped at no additional cost. Shipping poly mailers are provided at no additional cost to ShipBob customers who use the company’s services.
Does Walmart sell poly mailers?
Yes, poly mailers are available for purchase at Walmart. They are available for purchase both online and in-store.
Does USPS have poly mailers?
It is true that you may purchase USPS poly envelopes at your local post office. When shipping a modest quantity of things, you may also order a pack of 10 or 15 boxes to be delivered directly to your home or office.
6 Things to Consider Using Poly Mailers for E-Commerce Orders
There is a clear reason why poly mailers are a popular choice for many e-commerce companies. A poly mailer is incredibly inexpensive, lightweight, and takes up far less space than a box. They’re ideal for non-fragile things like as clothing, and they function very well with the United States Postal Service’s First Class Package mailing service.
Be careful with Poly Mailers
Poly mailers, on the other hand, are not without flaws.Even if you buy them at the lowest possible price, they have a tendency to break and shred when being delivered to their final destination, and they can be a hassle to deal with at the post office.The post office sorts and sends hundreds of thousands of packages every day, requiring a great deal of machining and scanning to complete the task.
- It is a poly mailer that is not adequately packed that the machines do not care about, despite the fact that there are several machines and automation in use.
- An incorrectly filled poly mailer contains areas where it is totally flat and empty, as well as thin flips that can get trapped in equipment or prevent the shipping labels from being properly scanned when they are delivered.
- The use of thicker poly mailers that are coated with bubble wrap (while they are heavier and more expensive) will help you avoid many of these dangers in the mail.
- When you look at USPS Flat Rate Envelopes, you will see that they are either firm or lined with bubble wrap, which means that there are no flat sections that might fold and become entangled in equipment.
- To summarize, poly mailers are excellent, but they do have some drawbacks that might cause your item to become caught in the mail system or to take longer to reach its destination than it would otherwise.
- USPS may even be forced to impose charges and repercussions in the future if Poly Mailers are not correctly packed when they are shipped.
To summarize everything you need to know about poly mailers:
- Because of their small weight, poly mailers are an excellent method to save money on shipping packing and even shipping rates.
- Spend a little more money to obtain a poly mailer from a reputed brand. A slight increase in price might have a significant impact on the overall quality of your poly mailers. Cheap poly mailers are prone to tearing
- Consider using poly mailers that have been lined with bubble wrap to ensure that they remain firm and do not flop around
- Use ordinary poly mailers only if necessary
- otherwise, make sure your order entirely fills the bag or that you have something to fill it up with, such as packing peanuts.
- Because of the automation of the United States Postal Service’s sorting, reading, and dispatching of parcels, if your package is not correctly packed, it may require additional processing and may result in package delivery being delayed.
- While there are presently no standards or rules for poly mailers, the United States Postal Service (USPS) may establish guidelines and rules for poly mailers in the near future, as well as sanctions for poorly filled poly mailers.
- This should provide you with a thorough overview of poly mailers, their benefits, and potential difficulties to avoid if you decide to use them into your shipping process. The savings over using boxes may really pile up, and any opportunity to save money on shipping is always welcome to know about. Start saving money on shipping today. The following two tabs alter the content of the section below. Bio
- Most Recent Posts
I’m a digital content and social media nerd that has a passion for sharing tales, assisting in the connection of people, and finding joy in the small things.
ReadyPost Bubble Mailers
Approximately 19″ (long) x 12-1/2″ (wide) (H) All in-stock items from The Postal Store® are sent with USPS TrackingTM.To send in-stock products using Default Shipping, please allow 3-5 business days; to ship in-stock orders using Priority Mail Express®service, please allow 1-2 business days.Items that have been pre-ordered or placed on backorder The goods in your purchase that have been placed on backorder or are pre-ordered will be sent separately after all of the back-ordered items have been received.
- You may monitor the status of your order as well as tracking information by logging into your USPS.com® account, selecting ″Activity History,″ and then selecting your Order.
- The Postal Store® is unable to accept orders for distribution outside of the United States, but we do ship to APO/FPO/DPO addresses as well as U.S.
- territories and military installations.
- Orders for Stamps and Philatelic Supplies All stamp and philatelic orders inside the United States are subject to a $1.40 handling fee on orders up to $50.00, and a $2.00 handling fee on purchases higher than $50.00.
- Unless otherwise specified, these set handling costs apply exclusively to the portion of the order total that contains stamp and/or philatelic products.
- Merchandise for Sale A retail item is any thing that does not come with a stamp or other kind of postage included in the price.
- Unless otherwise specified, if your purchase contains retail products, we will charge you for shipping depending on the weight of those retail items as well as the ″send to″ ZIP CodeTM.
- All in-stock retail products will be shipped out within 5–7 business days of being ordered.
- Personalized Stamped Stationery is available.
- According on the number of boxes bought, all Personalized Stamped Stationery goods will be sent by Priority Mail Flat Rate® price, and should arrive within 5–7 business days.
- Free Shipping Supplies are available.
- Free shipping materials are sent through Parcel Select Ground® service within 2–8 working days of receiving your order.
- All orders will contain a ″Leave if No Response″ release, which will be used for your convenience.
- This will provide your carrier the ability to leave your order if you are not present to receive it.
- Providers of Expedited Shipping Services Orders for Flat Rate Expedited Shipping Supplies are fulfilled by the Post OfficeTM location closest to you.
- If your local Post Office is unable to complete your purchase within 1–2 business days, our distribution center will complete your order within 2–8 business days.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Bubble Mailer with USPS?
Bubble mailers are a good choice for little, lightweight products that don’t require a lot of padding or protection, such as jewelry. Do you want to know how much it will cost you to ship a bubble mailer through the United States Postal Service? Then continue reading, you little grasshopper!
Table of Contents
- The cost of shipping a bubble mailer with the United States Postal Service is determined by the size, weight, and distance of the package
- First Class Package is the cheapest service for bubble mailers weighing less than 15.99 ounces
- and Priority Mail is the most expensive service for bubble mailers weighing more than 15.99 ounces.
- Spend less money on shipping bubble mailers when you use online shipping software.
The Cost of Shipping a Bubble Mailer with USPS Depends on Size, Weight, and Distance
The United States Postal Service does not provide a means to communicate, ″It costs ‘x’ number of dollars to send a mailer through the USPS.″ However, the truth is that the cost of shipping a bubble mailer is determined by three factors: the weight of your mailer, the size of your mailer, and the distance your mailer must travel.These three factors influence the cost of delivering any item with any carrier, not simply bubble mailers with the United States Postal Service (USPS).As a general rule of thumb, the smaller and lighter your mailer is, the less it will cost to send it internationally.
- Furthermore, the shorter the distance that your package must travel to reach its destination, the less expensive it will be to deliver.
First Class Package is the Cheapest Service for Bubble Mailers Under 15.99 Ounces (1 lb)
When mailing a lightweight bubble mailer, USPS First Class Package Service is by far the most cost-effective method of transportation.This is the lowest service that the United States Postal Service offers for packages weighing less than 15.99 ounces, or 1 pound*.Typically, the cost of delivering a cargo by First Class Package is between $3 and $5, which is a great deal for many shippers!
- Bubble mailers weighing more than 1 lb, on the other hand, have often resorted to Priority Mail as the least expensive alternative.
- However, beginning in 2022, the United States Postal Service (USPS) will significantly reduce the cost of Parcel Select Ground service as compared to Priority Mail…by a lot.
- Quite a bit, in fact.
- This has resulted in an increase in shippers choosing Parcel Select Ground to transport their items, so accepting longer delivery dates in return for lower charges.
- *Please keep in mind that the weight restriction for a First Class Package at the Post Office is 13 ounces, and it is 15.99 ounces when you utilize shipping software to purchase cheap postage online…
- which we will discuss in greater detail later.
Save Money on Sending Bubble Mailers with Online Shipping Software
You should never take a parcel to the Post Office to have it delivered, as is the case with any other type of item.Instead, make use of free internet shipping software to order your label.When you utilize the proper shipping software, you can save a significant amount of money on postage and print your mailing label from the convenience of your own home or office.
- In some circumstances, you may save up to 89 percent off the amount you would have paid to deliver the identical parcel through the postal service.
- Furthermore, you will not be need to wait in those ridiculously lengthy queues!
- Once you’ve printed your label and attached it to your package, you can simply drop it off at the collection bin at your local Post Office and go about your business.
- If you’re still not convinced, consider the following example: purchasing mailing labels using shipping software is similar to purchasing a $10 T-shirt for $1.
- The fact that the greatest shipping software alternatives available are completely free means that there is no excuse not to take advantage of those savings!
Take Advantage of “Box in a Bag” Shipping
For larger boxes that are still relatively compact, placing the box inside of a poly mailer and labeling the shipment as an envelope rather than a box will help you save money on shipping costs and time.This is referred to as the ″box in a bag″ shipping method, and it is one of the most effective ways to reduce shipping costs in the shipping business.In some cases, if your box fits within a plastic mailer, you may be eligible for lower rates than you would receive if you sent your box through the specially reduced USPS Priority Mail Cubic service…but you won’t find this service at your local Post Office.
- In addition, Priority Mail Cubic is only accessible on select shipping software platforms, which is an even more compelling reason to investigate shipping software choices that can assist you in saving money on your postal costs right away.
Can you get a bubble mailer at the post office?
With our ReadyPost® Shipping Supplies, you’ll have everything you need to send items at the Post OfficeTM on your doorstep. ReadyPost® envelopes, boxes, bubble packing material, tape, and other supplies will help you pack and safeguard your package.
Does the post office have free mailers?
Shipping boxes and envelopes are provided for free by the United States Postal Service for Priority Mail and Global Express Guaranteed goods.
How much is a padded envelope at the post office?
Products with a flat rate for priority mail
|Free Supplies8||Shipping Price|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||$8.75 Commercial Base $9.30 at Post Office & Online|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||$8.45 Commercial Base $9.00 at Post Office & Online|
|Small Flat Rate Box||$8.65 Commercial Base $9.20 at Post Office & Online|
How much does it cost to send a bubble mailer USPS?
If you want to utilize stamps to ship your bubble mailer up to 4 ounces through the United States Postal Service First Class, the cost will be around $3.74. It will take 7 forever stamps ($0.55 each stamp) to ship your bubble mailer at the current exchange rate.
How can I ship USPS for free?
To begin using the Click-N-Ship® service, you must first sign in to or create a free USPS.com account. Steps to enter your package information, pay for postage, and print your mailing label are outlined in the following section. Pay, Print, and Ship® is as simple as that!
Are flat rate envelopes free?
Priority Mail Flat Rate includes free shipping materials, which may be picked up at the Post Office or sent to your home or place of business at no additional cost. Three different types of envelopes and six different sizes of boxes are available for packaging.
What is the postage on a flat rate padded envelope?
The Advantages of Using Stamps.com’s Priority Mail Flat Rate Service
|Priority Mail® Flat Rate Options||Maximum Weight||Stamps.com Rate|
|Flat Rate Envelope||up to 70 lbs.||$8.15|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||up to 70 lbs.||$8.45|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||up to 70 lbs.||$8.75|
|Small Flat Rate Box||up to 70 lbs.||$8.65|
How much does it cost to ship a 6×9 bubble mailer?
First-Class Mail is the most economical method of delivery. A first class rate stamp of $.50 is required for a 6″ x 9″ envelope weighing up to 1 ounce in weight. You’ll have to pay $0.21 per ounce over the limit for each additional ounce. As a result, for weights ranging between 1 and 2 ounces, you’ll pay $0.71.
What is the cheapest way to mail USPS?
Priority Mail Cubic (or ″Cubic″ for short) is a ″secret″ mail class that you won’t find at your local post office, but it’s the most cost-effective and quickest way to transport tiny parcels over long distances.When compared to the other mail classes, Priority Mail Cubic is not charged dependent on weight.Instead, the price of your shipment is determined by the exterior measurements of your package.
How big is a pack of readypost bubble mailers?
Our distribution center will fulfill your order of expedited shipping materials within 3-5 business days if your local Post Office® is unable to complete your order within 1-2 business days. Each ReadyPost® Bubble Mailer is about 19″ (L) x 12-1/2″ (W). This package contains 36 ReadyPost® Bubble Mailers (W). 1. The format is as follows: 2. Select the appropriate quantity:
What do you need to know about bubble mailers?
Bubble mailers are versatile packaging that can fit a variety of items. Weight, size, and thickness of shipments dictate the sort of postage that must be purchased while they are being prepared.
Where do you put stickers on bubble mailers?
Place the labels on the package horizontally, allowing a space in the upper right hand corner for the postage to be applied. Between the return address and the metered postage, place stickers for any additional services, such as signature confirmation or insurance, if applicable.
Can a poly Mailer be sent with a thick envelope?
Poly mailers are regularly transported through the United States Postal Service’s First Class, Priority Mail, and Media Mail services. Package or Thick Envelope would be the services that will be utilized. Both of these services are finally referred to as ″Package.″ Simply put, thick envelope refers to the overall thickness of the package that contains the contents.
USPS Services and Packaging Requirements in 2021
- Businesses normally have three shipping partners to select from: the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and FedEx. For many people (particularly those who transport a large number of lightweight products of similar size and form), the United States Postal Service (USPS) is the most cost-effective choice. EcoEnclose is pleased to collaborate with the United States Postal Service on a number of our shipments. As far as pricing for our sample and smaller purchases goes, we have found that their prices are hard to beat and that they are a pleasure to work with. When it comes to packaging items for shipping, we’ve learnt a lot through working with them. For example, we’ve learned what mailer size to use and which ones to avoid. As with any shipper, the United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a plethora of various service options and packing criteria, some of which are difficult to grasp unless you spend hours digging through their website. Based on our study and personal experience, we’ve compiled a list of the most critical things to know when it comes to packaging for the United States Postal Service. To be more specific, we go through the following topics:shipping categories (such as what counts as an envelope, a flat, or a parcel)
- Minimum packaging requirements for each cargo category
- shipping services provided by the United States Postal Service
- CATEGORIES OF TRANSPORTATION The United States Postal Service divides mailings into three groups based on the form, size, and weight of the package. 1. A letter to the editor Letters are defined as any mailing that is at least 3-1/2 inches x 5 inches x 0.007 inches thick
- no more than 6-1/8 inches high by 11-1/2 inches long x 1/4 inch thick
- and no more than 6-1/8 inches high by 11-1/2 inches thick.
- Standard letters are rectangular in shape, having an aspect ratio between 1.3 and 2 (see diagram).
- 5. However, while mailings that do not conform to certain aspect ratios (including square envelopes) are classified as ″letters,″ they are subject to non-machinable fees.
- 2. Envelopes that are flat or large Flats are mailers that have one of the following dimensions: larger than 6-1/8 inches in height or 11-12 inches in length or 14 inches in thickness
- Are no larger than 12 inches in height by 15 inches in length by 34 inch in thickness
- While the United States Postal Service requires that flats or big envelopes be rectangular in shape, square mailings are approved as ″rectangular″ in this case. It is not necessary to meet aspect ratio standards for this shipment type.
- It is important to know that the maximum size is 12×15″. EcoEnclose provides a variety of mailers that are either the same size or smaller than this, including our Apparel Mailer (7″ x 9″, 10″ x 13″, 12″ x 15″), Kraft Mailer (6″ x 10″, 8.5″ x 12″9.5″ x 14.5″), EcoX Mailer (6″ x 9″, 7.5″ x 10″, 9″ x 12″, 10″ x 13″, 12″ x 15″), and Rigid Mailers (6 3. Packets of goods A parcel is defined as a mailing that is at least 3 inches high by 6 inches long by 1/4 inch thick
- Mailing tubes can be used as long as the length is no greater than ten times the width of the tube
- nevertheless, they must be no longer than ten times the width of the tube.
- The total length and girth of the animal cannot exceed 108 inches (130 combined for USPS Retail Ground). The measurement of the longest dimension is length, and the measurement of the girth is the distance around the thickest region (perpendicular to the measurement of the length)
- It is possible to lift a maximum of 70 pounds.
- The United States Postal Service provides this helpful graphic summarizing the information above. PRIMARY PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides a comprehensive set of fundamental criteria for all mailings. The following is a list of the package kinds that we feel are the most relevant, acceptable, and machinable, in our opinion: Letters are written on paper. In the event that a non-paper envelope (such as a poly mailer) is dispatched as a ″letter,″ it will be regarded non-machinable and will be subject to extra costs. Envelopes that are flat or large: For these mailings, paper envelopes, plastic bags/poly mailers, paper wrap, corrugated boxes, and fabric can all be util