A small PO Box is $28-$150 for the same time period. The PO Box price for a medium-size box is $42-$250; large is $62-$400; and an extra large PO Box costs between $109-$625 for six months. What is a PO Box?
The price of a USPS PO box depends on the box’s location, size, and payment period as of 2022. The price range for the smallest PO box is between $13-$44 for a three-month pay period and $21-$75 for six months, and the largest box’s price ranges are $64-$360 for three months and $109-$625 for six months.
How much does a USPS PO box cost? On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. The costs will really depend on what size you need and where you live.
What is a post office box?
A Post Office (PO) Box offers: You can rent a PO Box or Vanity PO Box and choose to collect your mail from your local Delivery Services Unit (DSU). Or you can opt for a PO Box with delivery to your home or office. For an extra fee, you can arrange to have forward delivery so your mail is delivered to another address of your choosing.
How much does a Royal Mail PO Box cost?
The cost of a Royal Mail PO Box varies depending on the service you choose. The cheapest option, where you collect your post from the sorting office, comes in at £215 per annum. Want it forwarded on to another UK address?
Do post offices charge different amounts for mailboxes?
Different Post Office locations charge different amounts for their mailboxes. Some areas will have more demand for P.O boxes, and as a consequence, you can expect to pay more for your mailbox. PO box prices could be higher than you are accustomed to paying.
What is a PO Box and do I need one?
Typically located in a Post Office or one of Royal Mail’s sorting facilities, they let you have an alternative, secure and private mailing address, other than that of your primary residence or business location. PO Boxes are synonymous with privacy as they give the owner protection at their home or office address. Why would I need a PO Box?
How much does a Post Office PO Box cost?
“PO Box” (CC BY-SA 2.0) by Martin Cathrae. On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. Does the UPS Store sell boxes? The UPS store will sell you a box, pack it for you and ship it.
How much does a business PO Box cost?
Small Box (Individuals) $10-$30/month. Medium Box (Individuals or Small Business) $20-$40/month. Large Box (Small to Medium Businesses) $30-$50/month. Mailbox rentals are available in 3, 6, or 12-month terms. Many UPS stores offer a discount if you purchase a longer term. Deposits and Fees
How much does it cost to rent a PO Box?
The cost of a PO box can vary greatly depending on your location. For example, renting an extra small box for three months can be as little as $10 in some areas and as much as $67 in other areas. You can get a rough idea of prices from the data below, which shows the average prices for PO boxes in all ZIP codes.
How much is a PO Box?
USPS PO Box rental prices vary according to the location of the post office and the size of the postal box. Therefore, it isn’t useful to discuss average PO Box cost. You could spend as little as $20 for a 3-month rental of the smallest box at an inexpensive location or as much as $360 for the largest box at an expensive location.
How Much is a PO Box?
- ″What exactly is a Post Office (PO) Box?″ you might wonder. Alternatively, ″how can I obtain a PO Box?″ Alternatively, you may have already made up your decision and are only inquiring as to ″how much do they cost?″ This page contains all of the information you need to know about USPS PO Boxes. What is a PO Box? What is the cost of a PO Box? Why should I obtain a PO Box?
- What is the procedure for obtaining a PO Box?
- What exactly are Premium Postal Boxes Services?
- Is it possible to acquire a PO Box without having to pay for it?
- Is there a procedure regarding refunds for PO Boxes at the post office?
Let’s get this party started! There’s a lot to talk about.
Don’t want to know all of the specifics?These are the price ranges for USPS PO Boxes that you may expect.The following tables have text-align set to ″left,″ padding set to ″10px 20px,″ and borders set to ″1px solidDDD.″ The color of the table top is 333; the background color is f7f7f7; and the font is Arial.
The table th and the table td are text-aligned to the left; the padding is 10px 20px; the border is 1px solidddd; the marker is color:f5333f; and the heading is text-align: left.
|PO Box Size||3-Month Period||6-Month Period|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625|
What is a PO Box?
Post offices and post office boxes (also known as PO Boxes) are an alternative if you wish to send personal or business mail in a more secure manner and keep your home address private.In particular, they are the most practical alternative for independent contractors, city dwellers, and frequent travelers, to mention a few groups.A PO Box, also known as a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox that can only be entered with a key or a code, depending on the precise location of the post office where it is located.
In most cases, the box is located in the post office lobby and is used to collect mail that you don’t want sent to your house.
How much is a PO Box?
- What is the source of such vast pricing variations? There are a variety of elements that influence the pricing of a USPS PO Box, including the following: location
- payment term
- additional costs
- and other factors.
The price of your post office box is heavily influenced by the location of the box.Depending on whether your location is labeled ″competitive″ or ″market dominating,″ different post offices have varying pricing codes.″Competitive post offices″ are permitted to charge greater fees in return for providing extra services — such as electronic notice of the receipt of mail, signature on file, and extended hours of operation — than traditional post offices.
- In order to determine the cost of a PO Box, the next item to consider is the size that you require. PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go. The majority of post office boxes are 14.75″ deep. Extra-small post office boxes (3″ x 5.5″) are available. These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines each.
- Small Postal Service Boxes (5″ x 5.5″)
- Petite post office boxes may accommodate up to 15 mail and 5 rolled magazines.
- Medium Postal Boxes (5.5″ x 11″) are available.
- These mailboxes are ideal for storing big envelopes and periodicals that need to be piled horizontally.
- PO Boxes with a large footprint (11″ x 11″)
- The enormous PO Box, which is twice as tall as the regular one, is so spacious that you can place two shoe boxes inside and still have enough for 10-15 mail.
- Extra-large post office boxes (12″ x 22.5″) are available. The biggest PO Box that is currently available can accommodate numerous Flat Rate Boxes and shipments.
When determining the appropriate size box for your needs, take into consideration the volume of mail you will receive as well as the frequency with which you will visit the post office to pick up your mail.Interested in learning more about what happens when there is a mail overflow situation?The following is how the United States Postal Service responds to that question: In an overflow condition, a customer’s PO Box is overflowing with mail on 12 out of every 20 consecutive business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays), the box is overflowing with mail.
Customers whose mailboxes are overflowing must use caller service, upgrade to a larger box, or use one or more additional mailboxes to which mail will be directed.
The length of time it takes to pay the rental price is another crucial consideration when attempting to figure how much it will cost.The post office may allow you to rent and pay for your mailbox in 3-month or 6-month increments, depending on the service you pick.Some companies also offer payment terms of 12 months.
In general, paying for a period of 6-12 months at a time results in the best value.There are certain establishments that even have a ″baker’s dozen″ special going on.Have you ever purchased 12 bagels and received an additional one for free?Reserve your PO Box for a period of 12 months, and certain locations will include the 13th month at no additional charge.
You’ll also need to figure in a few of extra costs to your final pricing.In market-dominant locations, you’ll be required to put down a $4 deposit on each of your first two keys (whereas keys are provided free of charge in competitive areas).Any extra keys above and beyond that will be charged at the rate of $8 per key.
Have you misplaced your keys or forgotten your code?It will cost you $23 to replace the lock in this situation.This table should assist you in comparing all of the elements that influence the pricing of a PO box.
|PO Box Size||3-Month “Competitive” Location||6-Month “Competitive” Location||3-Month “Market Dominant” Location||6-Month “Market Dominant” Location|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75||$13-$34||$21-$57|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150||$17-$50||$28-$84|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250||$26-$87||$42-$145|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400||$37-$159||$62-265|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625||$64-$249||$109-$416|
Why get a PO Box?
Security Do you have concerns regarding the security of your mail?Alternatively, you may choose to keep your home business mail distinct from your personal mail.A post office box is the ideal answer.
Whether it’s the Amazon parcels that never arrived or the dog that lives next door that has a thing for envelopes, renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.Privacy According to your profession, you may wish to avoid disclosing your home address to potential clients.As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing address and other personal information.With a PO Box, you can secure both the privacy of your mail and the protection of your personal information.
- Accessibility Because your PO Box will most likely be located in the lobby of the post office, you’ll be able to retrieve your mail whenever the post office lobby is open during business hours.
- Many sites provide access to the lobby at all hours of the day or during extended hours, making it even more convenient to check your mail.
- Delivery Timeframes One of the most significant benefits of having a PO Box is that you will often receive your mail more quickly than you would if you had a residential address.
- Because your mailbox will be located just inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
How do I get a PO Box?
Security You’re scared that your mail won’t go through?Do you wish to segregate your home business mail from your personal mail, or both?Postal service boxes are an excellent option for small businesses.
It doesn’t matter if it’s the Amazon shipments that never arrived or the dog that lives next door that has a thing for envelopes; renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.Privacy According to your profession, you may wish to avoid disclosing your home address to strangers.As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing information.The privacy of your mail and your home address are protected when you use a PO Box.
- Accessibility As a result, you’ll be able to retrieve your mail whenever the post office lobby is open, as long as you have a PO Box, which is usually in the lobby.
- Checking your mail is made even more easy by the fact that many locations provide access to the lobby around the clock or during extended hours.
- Rapidity of delivery A PO Box has a number of advantages, the most important of which is that you will often receive your mail more quickly than you would if you were using your home address.
- Due to the fact that your mailbox will be located just inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
Fill out the form on the USPS PO Boxes website using your location or zip code to find a USPS PO Box near you.Then, using the map, find the post office that is the most convenient for you.Selecting it will bring up a list of the sizes they have available as well as information on their hours and driving instructions.
Select the size of the box you’re interested in, and you’ll be given the option of reserving the box or joining the waiting list.If the box you desire is still available, you can pick between three different payment options: 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month.Adding your name to a waiting list will ensure that you get the size you desire at your selected location if it is not currently available.NOTE: If you want to be placed on a waiting list for the size box you like, a notification will be sent to you via email or phone when the size box becomes available at your specified post office.
- You will have two days to reserve the box before it is offered to the next person on the waiting list.) The rest is a piece of cake!
- Simply complete the online application (PS Form 1093), provide your contact and billing information, and click the ″Submit″ button to begin the process.
- To authenticate your identity and obtain your keys from the post office, you’ll have 30 days to do so.
- Print your paperwork, gather two forms of valid identification from the United States, and head down to the post office where you reserved your PO Box before the deadline passes.
The in-person application process is likewise straightforward.You will still need to complete the online application (PS Form 1093), which you can either pick up at your local post office or print off from your home computer.Take two kinds of identification (including a photo ID) with you when you go to the post office to ensure that they recognize you as the person you claim to be.
Even while the post office where you bring in your application does not have to be the same as the one that holds your PO Box, it does have to provide window service, so double-check before leaving the house.
What are Premium PO Box Services?
Do you want to make your life even more convenient?Free premium services are available from the United States Postal Service at some of their locations (particularly in competitive regions), and it’s absolutely worth inquiring about them.These premium services, which include anything from handling large shipments to receiving smartphone notifications when you have mail to providing extended lobby hours, are incredibly convenient and beneficial.
Your PO Box should have a physical street address.In the case of online shoppers or those who get a lot of large goods, you can use the street address of the post office where you have a PO Box instead of your home address as your postal address.For example, if your post office is located at 700 Smith Avenue and your PO Box is number 27, the address for your PO Box would be 700 Smith Avenue27.You’ll be able to receive mail and packages from the majority of carriers, including FedEx and UPS, if you do it this way.
- Please read the customer agreement carefully before submitting your information, since there are certain regulations and limitations to this offer.
- Keep a copy of the signature on file.
- The lineups at the post office are the worst.
- The majority of the time, if you get specified forms of mail, such as insured packages that require your signature, you’ll be required to go to the counter and sign them in.
- With USPS PO Box premium services, you may preserve a record of your signature and eliminate the inconvenience of mailing it (and the lines).
- Key deposit has been waived.
- The USPS often requires a deposit for the first two keys to your box, which is around $50.
- Are you looking to save a few dollars?
Set up your box in a post office that provides a higher level of service (they waive this fee).Keep in mind that you’ll still be responsible for the $8 price if you need to obtain additional keys.Hours have been extended.
Working late and not able to make it to the post office during regular lobby hours?No problem.Not to be concerned.Because of its premium services, some post offices extend their opening hours to allow you to reach the post office lobby and pick up your mail.
What are the disadvantages of getting a PO Box?
Even with all of its benefits, obtaining a PO Box does have some disadvantages to consider.Not every correspondence is accepted.It is possible that your local post office does not provide premium services, in which case you will not be able to receive packages or mail from any carriers other than the United States Postal Service (USPS).
It is the only organization that is authorized to deliver mail to your PO Box.In order for those Amazon deliveries or the gift basket from your great aunt to arrive at your home, they will need to be delivered there.You will be required to pay a rental charge.As you are aware, post office boxes are not provided for free.
- They must be paid for and renewed at predetermined intervals, as well as on an annual basis.
- Depending on your location, size, and rental duration, you may find yourself spending more money on your postal service than you would want.
- There is a limited number of spaces available.
- If there isn’t a Post Office Box accessible near you, you may have to drive to a different location to pick up your correspondence.
- This isn’t exactly optimal.
- Also possible is that the size box you want isn’t available at your local post office, necessitating yet another trip to the post office to get your mail.
Does the post office have a PO Box refund policy?
You worked out how to get a post office box near you and reserved the optimum size for six months — only to be transferred for work a few months after you made the decision.You have a PO Box, what do you do with it?There’s good news!
It’s possible that you’ll be entitled for a refund.The USPS has two refund rules, one for active PO boxes and another for dormant PO boxes, which must be followed in order to get a refund.I’m curious to know which one it is.If you have already picked up your keys, your box is operational.
How to request a refund
For those who wish to receive a refund for their costs, they can submit a refund request either online or in person at the post office where their box is situated.Both approaches are quite straightforward in their execution.In order to submit your request online, you must first log into your USPS account and then click the ″Manage Your Account″ section.
From there, you may terminate your account and seek a reimbursement.When requesting a refund in person, all you have to do is go to the post office where your PO Box is located and ask for a refund at a service window.Keep in mind to bring your key(s) with you as well!
How to request a refund — inactive PO boxes
Fortunately, obtaining a refund for a PO Box for which you did not pick up the keys is a straightforward process. The post office should repay you in full if you have not used your account for 30 days. If you cancel within 30 days, you will still receive a full refund, but you will be required to submit a refund request first.
How to request a refund — active PO boxes
Refunds for active PO boxes are a little more difficult to process: Rental period of three months: Despite the fact that you are not eligible for a refund, you may still cancel your PO Box online.
- If you cancel your PO Box within the first three months of your six-month rental period, you will receive a 50 percent return. Once you reach the beginning of the fourth month, you will not be able to receive a refund
- 12-month rental: If you shut your PO Box during the first three months, you will receive a 75 percent refund
- if you close it within the first six months, you will receive a 50 percent refund
- and if you close it within the first nine months, you will receive a 25 percent refund. Upon the beginning of the tenth month, you will no longer be entitled for any type of return
As soon as you’ve determined how much a PO Box costs and how simple it is to obtain one, you can proceed to the post office and protect your mail. Don’t forget to inquire about their premium services! Are you planning to relocate soon? Check out our Epic Moving Checklist for tips on how to become and remain organized throughout your move.
Get A PO Box Address In The UK: Everything You Need To Know
PO Boxes in the United Kingdom are discussed in detail in this piece, including how much they cost and how to obtain a PO Box address.Already know you’ll need a post office box?For a Free UK PO Box Address, visit the UK Postbox website by clicking on the link provided.
PO Boxes have been a component of the United Kingdom’s postal system for more than a century.In most cases, they are located in a Post Office or one of Royal Mail’s sorting facilities, and they allow you to have a separate, secure, and private mailing address from your principal house or place of work.PO Boxes are connected with privacy since they provide the owner with security at their place of residence or place of business.
Why would I need a PO Box?
There are a variety of reasons why individuals and businesses choose to use a PO Box address. Possessing a PO Box address allows you to conceal your physical location, allowing you to avoid unwelcome visitors and keep security no matter where you go. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular reasons for getting a PO Box:
Top 6 reasons for having a PO Box Address:
1.Confidentiality and professionalism are important for home-based enterprises.A large number of small enterprises that operate from home do not want their physical location to be made public.
A PO Box provides them with additional safety and helps to prevent unwelcome people from showing up at their door.PO Boxes can also help these tiny companies appear more professional by providing a physical address.2 – To prevent unwelcome people from entering the office.It is no different for major corporations as it is for tiny corporations that they do not want consumers to show up at their offices without prior notification.
- Insurance companies, call centers, and huge law firms, to name a few, all use Post Office Box Addresses to conceal their physical location.
- Get a physical address in the United Kingdom, no matter where you are in the globe.
- You’d be astonished at the number of individuals who live in other countries yet require a physical address in the United Kingdom.
- Expats, in particular, frequently require a physical address in the United Kingdom once they leave their home country.
- International firms might also profit from having a PO Box in the United Kingdom since it allows them to establish or expand their presence in the country.
- Maintain a mailing address in the United Kingdom while you are temporarily away.
There are a large number of people that temporarily leave the United Kingdom, but what happens to their jobs while they are away?Many people who go to the United Kingdom for work or pleasure will find themselves without access to crucial correspondence until they return home.PO Boxes, in conjunction with an online post management program, such as our own, allow users to continue receiving mail regardless of where they are physically.
5.A permanent address for persons who travel frequently or who are staying in temporary housing.A large proportion of the population moves home at least once a year, increasing the likelihood of vital posts being misplaced or worse, falling into the wrong hands, as a result of this.Renters are increasingly utilizing PO Boxes so that they may keep their postal address the same no matter where they relocate.
- Victims of abuse have the right to remain anonymous.
- When it comes to people who are most vulnerable, privacy is, of course, of utmost significance.
- Victims of abuse might benefit from having a PO Box, as it helps keep them and their location safe from further harm.
- Our staff in the United Kingdom is always available to assist anyone who have been subjected to abuse in any manner.
If you would want to have greater postal privacy, please contact us so that you may talk with a member of our staff in the tightest of confidentiality.Are you ready to receive your free Post Office Box Address?CHECK OUT THE PLANS
What’s the difference between a Royal Mail and a UK Postbox PO Box?
For many years, the Royal Mail has provided people and companies with post office boxes (PO Boxes); normally, their service provides you with a physical address at a sorting office, and you may choose whether to receive your mail or have it forwarded to you at a different address.The most significant distinction between UK Postbox’s PO Boxes and Royal Mail’s is flexibility; a UK Postbox PO Box allows you to view and control your mail online, whereas a Royal Mail PO Box does not.Our sophisticated mail app (which is included with all accounts and is free) allows you to view your post from anywhere and control it on an item-by-item basis, unlike Royal Mail, which only allows you to collect or forward your mail to a single place.
When mail is delivered to your UK Postbox PO Box, we’ll notify you through email or a push notification from the mobile app, whichever you want.You may then log in from anywhere in the globe and read your messages online, have them forwarded to you, or have them saved for when you’re ready to receive them.After then, you may log in and tell us what you’d like us to do with the information.To make it easier for you, you may ask us to open and scan it so you can read it online; to forward it to you anywhere in the globe; or to keep it on file for when you’re ready to receive it.
- It’s a post office box that’s been upgraded to be more intelligent.
- In addition, our PO Boxes provide you with a physical address in one of the major cities in the United Kingdom.
- Traditionally, with Royal Mail, you would be required to visit your local sorting office; but, with us, you are not required to do so.
- You may choose from the following cities: London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff, Belfast, and Poole.
How much does a PO Box cost?
When renting a Royal Mail PO Box, the price will vary based on the service you pick. The lowest alternative, in which you pick up your mail at the post office, costs £215 per year on average. Would you like it sent to another UK address? The price then rises to £265 per annually after that. You might receive one letter or a hundred letters, and you’d just have to pay a single set charge.
How much does a PO Box cost with UK Postbox?
PO Box addresses from UK Postbox are completely free.Anyone, regardless of who they are or where they live in the globe, can register for a UK address and will only be required to pay when they begin to receive postal mail.The removal of the set yearly charge is part of our effort to make post office boxes as widely available as possible.
This opens up the option of owning a PO Box to even people who only get a few letters each month.In reality, we have some users who only receive a few of letters every year, and who only use the service for the tiniest of tasks here and there.Despite the fact that it costs them next to nothing, they get all of the benefits.
Read and manage your post online from anywhere
To summarize, you receive a physical address in the United Kingdom, just as you would with Royal Mail, but with the extra benefit of being able to view and control your mail online, from any location in the globe, exactly as you would with Royal Mail.The value of our service is not so much in the physical PO Box address as it is in the ability to view your mail from any location at any time.As a result, we charge you according on the amount of mail you get.
All of our plans include a free PO Box address as well as access to our Advanced Postal Management App.We offer five different options in total.The VAT rate in the United Kingdom is 20 percent, although you may not be required to pay this.
Perfect for up to ten letters each month; there is no monthly obligation; you only pay for the postage that you really get.
Letter 10 – £9.00 per month
A beginner package designed for customers who anticipate to receive up to ten letters each month as a result of their subscription.
Letter 25 – £12.00 per month
People who get up to 25 letters each month are eligible for this program.
Letter 50 – £21.00 per month
Plan for persons who get up to 50 letters each month in a high-volume environment.
Letter 100 – £36.00 per month
Plan for persons who get up to 50 letters each month in a high-volume setting.
Not found a plan for you?
Please contact us for a customized quotation. Get a free Postal Box Address by filling out this form. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
How do I get a PO Box?
In the event that you are anticipating hundreds of letters and do not want internet access to your mail, you should visit the Royal Mail website, where you may sign up for their flat rate service.Join us if you require further flexibility, such as the ability to view your mail from any location and the advantage of being able to regulate forwarding on an item-by-item basis, and if you are interested in learning more.The sign-up procedure is quick and simple, and you’ll normally receive your new address within 24 working hours after completing the form.
Please visit our price page first so that you may select the plan that best meets your needs.After that, please visit our online mail application, which we call ipostalmail.You’ll be prompted to choose a plan and provide information about yourself and your location, after which your account will be established.Finally, because we are subject to anti-money-laundering regulations, all of our clients must submit to an identity verification process.
- Depending on who you are (a business or a consumer), the process will differ slightly.
- To ensure you have everything you need, see our page on identity verification before you start your transaction.
- In order to make the procedure as seamless as possible, our identity verification staff is here to assist you.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the live chat option on the site, or visit the contact us page on the site and select your chosen mode of communication.
PO Box alternatives
You can be looking for an address to which you can route your mail, an official address for your company, or a street address in London, among other things.If a PO Box doesn’t quite meet your needs, please see the pages below for additional information on other types of addresses we have available.All of our addresses are equipped with our Advanced Mail Management App, which allows you to access and manage your mail from any location at any time.
Reception Address for the Royal Mail Street Addresses in the City of London The address of the registered office Address for the Director’s Service Postal Address for Package Forwarding
Whether you need a PO BoxTM for business or personal reasons, the United States Postal Service® (USPS®) provides a variety of sizes to store your mail and parcels safely at a Post OfficeTM location near you.Many locations have access to PO Boxes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and if an item is too large to fit in your box, we’ll hold it for you.You may also be able to take advantage of complimentary Premium PO Box Services, such as smartphone alerts that notify you when you receive new mail.
Choose Your Postal Service Box Dimensions At every Post Office location, you can look for a new post office box.Use your current USPS.com account or create a new one to make your reservation.Attempt to locate a new post office box The address or ZIP CodeTM that you supplied was not recognized.Make sure you input a street address, a city address, and a state address, or a five-digit US ZIP CodeTM.
- Do you already have a post office box?
- Save time by making a payment for the PO Box you are in charge of through the internet.
- Maintain control of your PO Box.
- Once you’ve reserved a PO Box at the Post Office, you may link it to your USPS.com account and manage it from anywhere in the world with ease.
- Link You may be certain that your packages are secure at the Post Office and not left on your doorstep unattended.
- Maintain the secrecy of your home address and the confidentiality of crucial papers to ensure your safety.
- Get your mail whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Some sites offer 24-hour access, while others offer longer hours.
Step 1: Use the search box located under ″Reserve a New PO Box″ to look for Post Office locations in your neighborhood.Step 2: Select a Post Office location and make your preferences regarding the size of your PO Box and the length of time you wish to pay.Step 3: To reserve your PO Box, fill out the form with your contact and billing details.
Step 1: Go to ″Manage Account″ and login in with your USPS.com credentials to complete the process.Step 2: On the ″Manage Your Account″ tab, locate your PO Box and click on ″Setup Auto-Renew″ to have it automatically renew.Changing your payment term is optional, however you should consider enrolling on Automatic Renewal.Step 1: Click on the ″Link″ button above and sign in using your USPS.com account credentials.
- Fill out the form by entering your PO Box number, ZIP CodeTM, and last name or company name.
- Step 3: Double-check your PO Box information and submit it.
- You may now manage your PO Box from the comfort of your own home.
- Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Size 3: M 5.5″ x 11″ Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Sizes 4 and 5 are 11″ x 11″ and 12″ x 22.5″, respectively.
PO Box Cost: Read This Before Renting
Determining post office box rental costs might be difficult at first since the pricing changes depending on the location, box size, and length of time the box is rented. Fortunately, if you know what to look for, determining the cost of a PO box is straightforward.
PO Box Cost Overview
The cost of a post office box might vary significantly depending on where you live.Taking the example of renting an extra small box for three months, the cost can be as low as $10 in certain locations and as much as $67 in others depending on location.The statistics in the table below, which displays the typical pricing for PO boxes in all ZIP codes, can give you a general indication of what to expect.
Average PO Box Prices
|Size||3 Months||1 Month|
|Extra Small (1)||$24||$8|
|Extra Large (5)||$156||$52|
PO Box Billing & Discounts
By default, post office boxes are priced in 3-month increments.The 3-month payment option requires automatic billing in order to be valid.The discount ranges from 10 percent to 15 percent based on the box size and your region when you pay for a six-month period.
Because there is no additional reduction for the 12-month term, the 12-month period is precisely double the price of the 6-month period.The Post Office, on the other hand, offers specials from time to time, such as providing a free month when signing up for a 12-month rental.
Finding the PO Box Cost for Your Location
The official United States Postal Service rate finder is the most accurate approach to get your exact PO box cost. Then, on the USPS.com PO Boxes Online page, click the blue ″Reserve New PO Box″ button to complete the process: In order to discover PO box pricing and availability in your location, you must first input your address or ZIP code on this page.
PO Box Sizes
The official USPS rate finder is the most accurate tool for calculating your actual PO box cost. Then go to the USPS.com PO Boxes Online website and click on the blue ″Reserve New PO Box″ button to complete the reservation: To discover PO box cost and availability in your region, enter your address or ZIP code in the box provided.
|Extra Small (1)||3″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 standard envelopes or 2 magazines|
|Small (2)||5″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 letters or 5 magazines|
|Medium (3)||11″||5.5″||14.75″||Large envelopes and magazines stacked flat|
|Large (4)||11″||11″||14.75″||2 shoeboxes with room for 10-15 letters|
|Extra Large (5)||22.5″||12″||14.75″||Multiple packages, letters, and magazines|
Availability of Larger Sizes
Many post offices do not have large or extra-large letter sizes available (sizes 4 and 5).The PO Boxes Online pricing tool allows you to search for all post offices within a 50-mile radius when you use it to find a rate.The larger sizes may be available at a different post office, depending on your geographic area.
If you are unable to locate a big post office box in your region, you may want to consider renting a UPS mailbox.To view our article about UPS mailboxes, please visit this link.
Deposits & Fees
You must pay a $3.00 deposit for your first two keys in order to get them. Keys for additional locks are subject to a $6.00 deposit per lock. Replacement of the lock (due to a misplaced key) or a late payment fee of $22.00 will be assessed.
PO Boxes & Private Bags
1 Collections may take place across a variety of time intervals.For most collections, the standard term is 30 days.2 Please double-check the access hours for your specific PO Box location, as they sometimes vary.
3 Fees and costs may apply to parcels delivered to PO Box services by carriers other than Australia Post and StarTrack.Please consult your carrier for details.Carriers may elect to pass on these costs to their customers.4 This service cannot be utilized for third-party products that need picture identification and/or personal signature of the recipient, or for things that are delivered outside of regular Post Office business hours.
- There are restrictions on both size and weight.
- a maximum of 50 third-party articles per PO Box billing year is permitted Once the specified allowance of 50 third-party articles has been met, an extra price of $3 will be charged for each subsequent third-party item received within the PO Box billing year.
- 5 PO Box Plus is only accessible at Post Offices that participate in the program.
- The PO Box Plus service is intended just for personal, non-commercial use.
- 6 It costs $24 a year for PO Box Plus, which is pro-rated and invoiced at a rate of $2 per month depending on when you join up for the service.
- 7 Pricing for high-demand CBD sites or PO Box locations that are hard to come by.
- Australia Post has established that this policy applies to PO Box services in Canberra, Hobart and Darwin GPOs, as well as specific Post Offices around the country.
- People who live on houseboats, watercraft, or on private roads, such as those in a caravan park, gated community, retirement village, or defence force barracks, are not included in this definition.
The service is only accessible to clients whose residential or business address does not get delivery from Australia Post, and each non-delivery address is eligible for one reduced cost PO Box or lockable bag at the local Post Office.(Please keep in mind that evaluation may take up to seven days.) Depending on the conditions of the delivery, customers may be charged the entire fee.9 Mail redirection from your street address to your new PO Box is provided free of charge for new leases for a period of six months (not from one PO Box to another PO Box).
When you go to pick up your new PO Box keys, be sure to have your mail redirection program with you.10 The delivery of packages through red doors is subject to size and availability limits.
How Much Is A PO Box At USPS In 2022? (Your Full Guide)
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the country’s main shipping providers, and it provides a wide range of options for sending and receiving mail.Using a PO box, for example, is a wonderful choice for receiving mail when you don’t want to give out your home address to others.But, how much does a post office box with the United States Postal Service cost, and how do you obtain one?
I conducted extensive study on the subject, and the following is the result of my findings: As of 2022, the price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location of the box, its size, and the length of time the box is used.While the smallest post office box costs between $13 and $44 for a three-month pay period and $21 to $75 for six months, the largest box costs between $64 to 360 for three months and $109 to $625 for six months, depending on the size of the box.When it comes to acquiring and setting up a PO box, there are a lot of moving parts to consider, so be sure to keep reading to learn more!
What Determines The Price Of A USPS PO Box?
The price of a USPS PO box is determined by the location, size, and length of time that you rent the box.Additionally, while renting a USPS PO box, it is possible to incur extra expenses.The location of the PO box, on the other hand, is one of the most important elements in deciding the price.
Location Having said that, the post office categorizes PO box locations into two categories: ″Market-Dominant″ and ″Competitive.″ Furthermore, post office locations that are considered ″competitive″ often demand greater costs.However, these post office boxes are known to provide additional services such as extended hours of access and electronic notifications when you get a package in the mail.Size When looking into renting a USPS PO box, it is also important to consider the size of the box.For example, most post office boxes are about 15 inches deep and are typically available in five sizes: extra small, small, medium, large, and extra-large.
- They are also available in a variety of colors.
- When determining the size of the post office box to rent, it is important to consider the types of mail you expect to receive.
- As an example, an extra small PO box measures approximately 3′′ x 5.5′′ in size and is best suited for holding approximately 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines.
- Then there are small PO boxes, which are slightly larger than extra small boxes, measuring 5′′ x 5.5′′ in size and holding up to 15 letters as well as up to five rolled magazines.
- Furthermore, medium PO boxes are 5.5′′ x 11′′ in size, making them ideal for large envelopes and magazines that need to be stacked flat rather than rolled.
- Following that, large PO boxes are one of two options available that are suitable for receiving packages.
- Measuring 11′′ x 11′′ in size, they have enough space inside to hold two shoe boxes while still allowing for approximately 15 letters to be inserted.
- Finally, extra-large PO boxes are the last and most spacious option available, and they are the best choice if you expect to receive a large number of packages in addition to regular mail, such as furniture or appliances.
That being said, extra-large PO boxes measure 12 inches by 22.5 inches and can accommodate multiple Flat Rate USPS packages as well as other parcels.the time period during which payments must be made A final consideration in determining how much your PO box will cost is the length of time you will be required to pay for the box.For example, the term ″payment period″ refers to the length of time you will be renting a post office box.
Generally speaking, if you choose a longer payment period rather than a shorter one, your monthly payment will be less expensive on average.While most post offices only offer payment periods of three or six months, some post offices also offer a 12-month payment period option as an alternative.To save money on your PO box, it’s best to opt for the longer payment period if you want to get the best price possible.In the meantime, if you’re interested in viewing a useful chart and article on how much a PO box costs depending on various factors, you can do so by visiting this page.
- Additionally, you can visit this page of the United States Postal Service website to find a PO box location near you and get a price estimate.
How Do You Get A PO Box With USPS?
If you’re wanting to rent a post office box from the United States Postal Service, you have a few alternatives to choose from.In light of the foregoing, you can either register for a PO box online or at your local post office.Obtaining a Post Office Box Through the Internet To get a PO box from the United States Postal Service online, go to the PO box page on its website and choose a location and size for your PO box.
Upon determining if the size of the PO box you selected is available at the location you are considering, you will be prompted to reserve the box.And if you don’t qualify, you’ll be asked if you’d want to be placed on a waiting list.If you receive a waitlist prompt, you may either try a different location or PO box size to see if anything more easily available is available.You may, however, fill out all of the paperwork and get placed on the waitlist if you have your heart set on this specific location/box.
- After that, if your PO box becomes available after you’ve been waitlisted, the post office will contact you by phone or text message to inform you of the availability of your PO box.
- After then, you’ll have two days to reserve the box before it’s offered to the next person on the waiting list, and the process will repeat.
- The alternative is to check to see if your box is available for reserve (congratulations!).
- If so, the next step is to choose your payment period and complete PS Form 1093 online.
- Then you may click ″Submit,″ and the PO box will be sent to you!
- If your documents are received and submitted correctly, you will have 30 days to verify your identification and pick up the keys to your PO box at the post office.
- As a result, be sure you have the 1093 form, as well as two pieces of approved identification, with you.
- Obtaining a Post Office Box in Person Simply print off the 1093 form from the post office’s website, fill it out, and bring it in with two forms of acceptable identification to the post office to rent a PO box.
It is possible to kill two birds with one stone if you apply for a PO box in person since it allows your identification to be confirmed while you are applying!Visit this page to learn more about the types of identification you can bring with you when renting a PO box from the United States Postal Service.More information may be found in our entries on whether or not the United States Postal Service delivers to PO boxes, how fast the United States Postal Service expedites shipping, and whether or not the United States Postal Service updates tracking.
With the United States Postal Service, the price of a PO box is decided by the location and size of the PO box, as well as the length of time the PO box will be rented for, known as the payment period.Furthermore, while the price of a PO box increases with the size and desirability of the site, the price of a PO box decreases with the lengthening of the payment term.As a result, you can apply for a post office box either online or in person by completing PS Form 1093.
When you seek to rent a PO box, you must also provide proof of your identity by bringing two kinds of identification to the post office that are acceptable.
The 411 on Getting (and Using) a Post Office Box
A post office box (also known as a PO box, as most of us are familiar with the term) is a great alternative to or complement to the use of a regular mailbox for a variety of reasons.In the case of someone who hasn’t worked with one before, it’s totally reasonable to have inquiries about what they are and how they operate.This fast guide will tell you all you need to know about buying and using a post office box, including how much it costs, what your alternatives are, and when it is a good idea to acquire one.
So let’s get this party started.
What is a Post Office Box?
A post office box is a lockable, personal box that you may rent from the United States Postal Service (USPS).They’re often positioned in the foyer of the building and are accessible with your key around the clock, so you can usually retrieve your mail even if the office is closed in the traditional sense.For the most part, PO boxes function in the same way as a normal mailbox, whether it’s located outside your home or in a cluster in an apartment complex.
Each one has a unique ″address″ that others may use to send you mail or parcels, and every form of mail that could be sent to your home can also be delivered to the post office box in your neighborhood.Your PO box address, on the other hand, cannot be utilized for everything, such as completing company paperwork or substituting your street address on official papers, for example.
How Much Does a Post Office Box Cost?
A post office box typically costs between $19 and $75 per month for a leasing period of one year, according to Bankrate.Several factors influence the cost of your rental, including the length of time you want to keep the vehicle.These considerations include the position of the box (for example, you can expect to spend a lot more to rent in a population-heavy area like New York City than a less dense area like rural Ohio).
A difference of hundreds of dollars a year can be made by changing the location of your post office box.If you are quoted a high fee at one post office location, it may be worthwhile to check at a few others that are still convenient for you before deciding where you want your box to be located.In addition to the size of your box (the larger the box, the more it will cost, of course), you need think about how long you will be renting it for and how much you will be paying per day.In most cases, post office boxes are rented for three or six months at a time, with longer rental terms averaging out to be more cost-effective than renting for shorter periods of time.
- The most expensive post office boxes—that is, the biggest boxes available for the longest leasing periods in the most expensive areas—can cost as much as $625 every pay period.
Post Office Box Sizes
There are five different standard sizes to choose from.Choosing the appropriate size for your mailbox is dependent on whether you wish to receive only mail or also packages, how frequently you intend to check the box, and if you intend to use it for all of your incoming mail or only portion of it.The five sizes that are offered are as follows: Extra Small (3′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Can hold up to 15 letter-sized envelopes or up to 2 rolled magazines in a single layer of protection.
Small (5′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Holds 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines in a single compartment.Medium (11′′ x 5 1/2″ x 14 3/4′′) — This size is wide enough to accommodate big envelopes and magazines stacked flat.Large (11′′ x 11′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box can easily hold two shoeboxes and still have enough for 10-15 letters on the inside.Extra Large (22 1/2′′ x 12′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box is large enough to hold Flat Rate Boxes and small shipments.
How to Get a Post Office Box
You have two alternatives for getting started with your rental, both of which are rather simple and easy.
Reserve a PO box online
- Enter the city, state, or zip code where you want to set up a post office box on this United States Postal Service page.
- Select the size of the unit you wish to rent
- Select the term of your rental agreement.
- Create an account, fill out an application for a post office box, and pay the monthly leasing price
- Print your completed application and bring it to the post office with you, together with a copy of your emailed receipt for the box and two pieces of identification, in order to obtain the keys to your PO box
Reserve a PO box at the post office
Obtain a copy of and complete an Application for Post Office Box Service (available here).2.Deliver the completed form to the USPS location that is most convenient for you.
They’ll check your address and accept your money, and then you’ll be on your way.It doesn’t matter which option you choose; you’ll receive two keys for your post office box and will be required to pay a $3 non-refundable fee for each of them.If you misplace your keys, you will be charged a $20 replacement cost.There are some post office boxes that are only accessible by a combination lock, in which case you will not need to get keys; nonetheless, the same $20 cost will apply if you forget the combination code to your box lock.
Can You Get a Refund on a Post Office Box?
It is dependent on the situation.It is possible to cancel your rental at any moment throughout your rental period; however, whether or not you are qualified for a refund is determined on how near you are to the end of your rental period.According to the United States Postal Service: Payments Due in Three Months (automatic renewal required) There will be no refunds.
s Payments are due every six months.Within the first 3 months, you will receive a return of half of the money you paid.After 3 months, there will be no refunds.Payments are due every 12 months.
- Within the first three months, one-fourth of the price is paid.
- Within the first six months, a quarter of the price is refunded.
- There will be a 14 percent refund during the first 9 months.
- After 9 months, there will be no reimbursements.
- Refund requests can be made at the post office where your PO box is situated if you need to get a reimbursement.
Why Get a PO Box
Consider the following: Why would you want to purchase a post office box when you could just get mail at home.There are a variety of advantages to using a PO box, including occasions where it may be more cost-effective than using the more traditional method.When you don’t want to share your home address with others.
It is possible that you will not want to reveal your home address in a variety of situations, such as when you are communicating with somebody you do not know for business purposes.Using a post office address instead of your home address ensures that your home address remains confidential.When your mail is unreliable, it’s time to call.In the event that you’re having difficulties receiving your mail, whether it’s usually ending up at your neighbors’ house or in the next town over, or if you’ve experienced delays, a post office box may be the answer.
- The fact that it is placed right next to your local USPS means that you won’t have to wait for your mailman to drop it off—and you won’t have to worry about your mail ending up in the wrong hands.
Are There Drawbacks?
No, not at all.The convenience of having a PO box instead of a traditional mailbox, rather than just in addition to one, will be slightly less convenient than being able to simply pick up your mail at home—though this isn’t a major concern because most USPS locations are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week during standard business hours.The cost of owning a post office box is perhaps the most significant negative, because depending on what you want, it may not be inexpensive to do so.
Considering that your mailbox at home is free to use (apart from the purchase of stamps), you’re effectively paying for a service that you might otherwise access for free.Having said that, if you’re acquiring a post office box for one of the reasons listed above, it’s usually worth the money to spend the extra money for it.
Premium PO Box Services
Looking to get a little more out of your post office box?Here’s how.Several USPS sites provide premium services, and in certain situations, you may even get them for free when you rent a vehicle from the company.
Listed below are the two sorts of premium services that you might be interested in learning more about: Obtaining a physical street address for your mail box Having an actual street address rather than a post office box number allows you to utilize your post office box as your official postal address instead of a PO box.This is an excellent choice if you’re in the process of relocating or if you want to be able to receive packages from extra postal carriers such as FedEx or UPS at your mailbox.Having a signature on file is a good idea.A signature may be stored on file with your box at your local USPS facility, which means you won’t have to be there to sign for packages when they arrive or wait in line to sign for them later.
- Obtaining and utilizing a post office box may be accomplished by going to USPS.com/manage/po-boxes for further information and instructions.
How Much Does a Post Office Box Cost?
When I first started my business years ago, I believed that getting a Post Office box was the most prudent business decision I could make.Why?I’m sorry, but I’m stumped.
It’s like business cards in that it’s simply one of those things (at least for me, I use the PO Box!).Since then, I’ve discovered that using a Post Office Box is a terrific method to conceal your address and add an extra degree of security to your identity.For example, the vast majority of mails are not secure.I’m sure yours is.
- To steal my mail, someone only has to open it, remove all of the juicy credit card pre-approvals, and then quietly walk away from the scene.
- My mailbox is not protected by any means.
- There are just a few other mailboxes that are content to stand about and do nothing all day.
- Oh, and the burglar has the ability to take from those crates as well.
- Because parcels are delivered to our house, which is located so far back in the woods that kids don’t even bother coming for free candy on Halloween, there is nothing useful to take from our mailbox.
- Plus, we have cameras in case you have any crazy ideas while you’re in the building.
- I am not concerned about burglars taking anything from our mailbox, but if you are, a PO Box can provide an additional degree of security at a very low cost.
Why do I need a PO Box?
If you are concerned about the security of your mail, a PO Box is an excellent method to add an extra layer of protection to your life.It’s similar to a credit freeze in that it gives 100 percent security in exchange for a small amount of inconvenience.When you place a credit freeze on your report, you must unfreeze it before you can apply for a credit card.
You will never have to be concerned about your report being utilized without your knowledge because of this.P.O.Boxes are a little layer of protection that ensures you never have to be concerned about someone taking your mail again.The fact that you must visit the Post Office to pick up your mail is a minor annoyance, but if you choose your recipients carefully, it is not a major bother at all.
How much does a PO Box Cost?
It is determined by three factors:
- The proportions
- The renting period (three, six, and twelve months)
- Your geographical position