You’ll pay $21-$75 for an extra small box for a 6-month period. A small box is $28-$150 for the same time period. The price for a medium-size box is $42-$250; large is $62-$400; and an extra large box costs between $109-$625 for six months.
box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75. A full breakdown of the costs in each region is available on the U.S. Postal Service website.box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75. A full breakdown of the costs in each region is available on the U.S. Postal ServiceU.S. Postal Service The United States Postal Service (USPS; also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States, including its insular areas and associated states. https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › United_States_Postal_Service website.
How much does a USPS PO box cost? On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. The costs will really depend on what size you need and where you live.
How much does it cost to build a mailbox?
According to the original poster, a small box might cost upwards of $240 annually while a bigger pox would cost $420 each year at a local UPS Store. Those who replied to the thread stated that they had actually paid up to $540 a year for a big box. You might also like our article about the cost of building a brick mailbox.
What is a PO Box and how does it work?
PO boxes are typically located in the lobby area of a Post Office store. This allows customers to easily access their secure mailbox without entering the main section of the Post Office location. Locked mailboxes can normally be open with either a key or a code when you want to collect your mail. How Much is a PO Box?
How much does it cost to rent a post box?
Three factors determine the cost of renting a P.O. box: The length of time it will be rented. The size of the box. Its physical location. Renting a small P.O. box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75.
How much does it cost to rent a PO Box?
The cost of a PO box can vary greatly depending on your location. For example, renting an extra small box for three months can be as little as $10 in some areas and as much as $67 in other areas. You can get a rough idea of prices from the data below, which shows the average prices for PO boxes in all ZIP codes.
How do you rent a post office box?
– Private, non-government services are available to rent private mailboxes from. – Private companies will often offer competitive advantages over their government run counterparts. – You can try searching online for a service near you. – There are also government run services that can rent you private mailboxes.
How Much is a PO Box?
- ″What exactly is a Post Office (PO) Box?″ you might wonder. Alternatively, ″how can I obtain a PO Box?″ Alternatively, you may have already made up your decision and are only inquiring as to ″how much do they cost?″ This page contains all of the information you need to know about USPS PO Boxes. What is a PO Box? What is the cost of a PO Box? Why should I obtain a PO Box?
- What is the procedure for obtaining a PO Box?
- What exactly are Premium Postal Boxes Services?
- Is it possible to acquire a PO Box without having to pay for it?
- Is there a procedure regarding refunds for PO Boxes at the post office?
Let’s get this party started! There’s a lot to talk about.
Don’t want to know all of the specifics?These are the price ranges for USPS PO Boxes that you may expect.The following tables have text-align set to ″left,″ padding set to ″10px 20px,″ and borders set to ″1px solidDDD.″ The color of the table top is 333; the background color is f7f7f7; and the font is Arial.The table th and the table td are text-aligned to the left; the padding is 10px 20px; the border is 1px solidddd; the marker is color:f5333f; and the heading is text-align: left.
|PO Box Size||3-Month Period||6-Month Period|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625|
What is a PO Box?
Post offices and post office boxes (also known as PO Boxes) are an alternative if you wish to send personal or business mail in a more secure manner and keep your home address private.In particular, they are the most practical alternative for independent contractors, city dwellers, and frequent travelers, to mention a few groups.A PO Box, also known as a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox that can only be entered with a key or a code, depending on the precise location of the post office where it is located.In most cases, the box is located in the post office lobby and is used to collect mail that you don’t want sent to your house.
How much is a PO Box?
- What is the source of such vast pricing variations? There are a variety of elements that influence the pricing of a USPS PO Box, including the following: location
- payment term
- additional costs
- and other factors.
The price of your post office box is heavily influenced by the location of the box.Depending on whether your location is labeled ″competitive″ or ″market dominating,″ different post offices have varying pricing codes.″Competitive post offices″ are permitted to charge greater fees in return for providing extra services — such as electronic notice of the receipt of mail, signature on file, and extended hours of operation — than traditional post offices.
- In order to determine the cost of a PO Box, the next item to consider is the size that you require. PO Boxes are normally available in five different sizes, ranging from extremely small to extra large, depending on the post office where you go. The majority of post office boxes are 14.75″ deep. Extra-small post office boxes (3″ x 5.5″) are available. These little mailboxes have a capacity of 10-15 letters or two rolled-up magazines each.
- Small Postal Service Boxes (5″ x 5.5″)
- Petite post office boxes may accommodate up to 15 mail and 5 rolled magazines.
- Medium Postal Boxes (5.5″ x 11″) are available.
- These mailboxes are ideal for storing big envelopes and periodicals that need to be piled horizontally.
- PO Boxes with a large footprint (11″ x 11″)
- The enormous PO Box, which is twice as tall as the regular one, is so spacious that you can place two shoe boxes inside and still have enough for 10-15 mail.
- Extra-large post office boxes (12″ x 22.5″) are available. The biggest PO Box that is currently available can accommodate numerous Flat Rate Boxes and shipments.
When determining the appropriate size box for your needs, take into consideration the volume of mail you will get as well as the regularity with which you will visit the post office to pick up your mail.Interested in learning more about what occurs when there is a mail overflow situation?The following is how the United States Postal Service responds to that question: In an overflow circumstance, a customer’s PO Box is overflowing with mail on 12 out of every 20 consecutive working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays), the box is overflowing with mail.Customers whose mailboxes are overflowing must employ caller service, upgrade to a larger box, or use one or more extra mailboxes to which mail will be sent.
The length of time it takes to pay the rental price is another crucial consideration when attempting to figure how much it will cost.The post office may allow you to rent and pay for your mailbox in 3-month or 6-month increments, depending on the service you pick.Some companies also offer payment terms of 12 months.In general, paying for a period of 6-12 months at a time results in the best value.There are certain establishments that even have a ″baker’s dozen″ special going on.
- Have you ever purchased 12 bagels and received an additional one for free?
- Reserve your PO Box for a period of 12 months, and certain locations will include the 13th month at no additional charge.
You’ll also need to figure in a few of extra costs to your final pricing.In market-dominant locations, you’ll be required to put down a $4 deposit on each of your first two keys (whereas keys are provided free of charge in competitive areas).Any extra keys above and beyond that will be charged at the rate of $8 per key.Have you misplaced your keys or forgotten your code?It will cost you $23 to replace the lock in this situation.
- This table should assist you in comparing all of the elements that influence the pricing of a PO box.
|PO Box Size||3-Month “Competitive” Location||6-Month “Competitive” Location||3-Month “Market Dominant” Location||6-Month “Market Dominant” Location|
|Extra Small (3” x 5.5”)||$13-$44||$21-$75||$13-$34||$21-$57|
|Small (5” x 5.5”)||$17-$87||$28-$150||$17-$50||$28-$84|
|Medium (5.5” x 11”)||$26-$144||$42-$250||$26-$87||$42-$145|
|Large (11” x 11”)||$37-$230||$62-$400||$37-$159||$62-265|
|Extra Large (12” x 22.5”)||$64-$360||$109-$625||$64-$249||$109-$416|
Why get a PO Box?
Security Do you have concerns regarding the security of your mail?Alternatively, you may choose to keep your home business mail distinct from your personal mail.A post office box is the ideal answer.Whether it’s the Amazon parcels that never arrived or the dog that lives next door that has a thing for envelopes, renting a box from the post office is a safe and secure way to keep your mail safe.Privacy According to your profession, you may wish to avoid disclosing your home address to potential clients.
- As a professional blogger, receiving samples is essential, but it is important that no one else has access to your mailing address and other personal information.
- With a PO Box, you can secure both the privacy of your mail and the protection of your personal information.
- Accessibility Because your PO Box will most likely be located in the lobby of the post office, you’ll be able to retrieve your mail whenever the post office lobby is open during business hours.
- Many sites provide access to the lobby at all hours of the day or during extended hours, making it even more convenient to check your mail.
- Delivery Timeframes One of the most significant benefits of having a PO Box is that you will often receive your mail more quickly than you would if you had a residential address.
- Because your mailbox will be located just inside the post office lobby, you will avoid having to send your mail through the USPS mail van.
How do I get a PO Box?
Fortunately, signing up is simple, and you can submit your application either at your local post office or online. For both, the procedure is quite basic, although the phases are slightly distinct from one another. In either case, keep in mind that there can only be one primary key holder at a time — but you can grant access to others if needed.
Fill out the form on the USPS PO Boxes website using your location or zip code to find a USPS PO Box near you.Then, using the map, find the post office that is the most convenient for you.Selecting it will bring up a list of the sizes they have available as well as information on their hours and driving instructions.Select the size of the box you’re interested in, and you’ll be given the option of reserving the box or joining the waiting list.If the box you desire is still available, you can pick between three different payment options: 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month.
- Adding your name to a waiting list will ensure that you get the size you desire at your selected location if it is not currently available.
- NOTE: If you want to be placed on a waiting list for the size box you like, a notification will be sent to you via email or phone when the size box becomes available at your specified post office.
- You will have two days to reserve the box before it is offered to the next person on the waiting list.) The rest is a piece of cake!
- Simply complete the online application (PS Form 1093), provide your contact and billing information, and click the ″Submit″ button to begin the process.
- To authenticate your identity and obtain your keys from the post office, you’ll have 30 days to do so.
- Print your paperwork, gather two forms of valid identification from the United States, and head down to the post office where you reserved your PO Box before the deadline passes.
The in-person application process is likewise straightforward.You will still need to complete the online application (PS Form 1093), which you can either pick up at your local post office or print off from your home computer.Take two kinds of identification (including a photo ID) with you when you go to the post office to ensure that they recognize you as the person you claim to be.Even while the post office where you bring in your application does not have to be the same as the one that holds your PO Box, it does have to provide window service, so double-check before leaving the house.
What are Premium PO Box Services?
Do you want to make your life even more convenient?Free premium services are available from the United States Postal Service at some of their locations (particularly in competitive regions), and it’s absolutely worth inquiring about them.These premium services, which include anything from handling large shipments to receiving smartphone notifications when you have mail to providing extended lobby hours, are incredibly convenient and beneficial.Your PO Box should have a physical street address.In the case of online shoppers or those who get a lot of large goods, you can use the street address of the post office where you have a PO Box instead of your home address as your postal address.
- For example, if your post office is located at 700 Smith Avenue and your PO Box is number 27, the address for your PO Box would be 700 Smith Avenue27.
- You’ll be able to receive mail and packages from the majority of carriers, including FedEx and UPS, if you do it this way.
- Please read the customer agreement carefully before submitting your information, since there are certain regulations and limitations to this offer.
- Keep a copy of the signature on file.
- The lineups at the post office are the worst.
- The majority of the time, if you get specified forms of mail, such as insured packages that require your signature, you’ll be required to go to the counter and sign them in.
With USPS PO Box premium services, you may preserve a record of your signature and eliminate the inconvenience of mailing it (and the lines).Key deposit has been waived.The USPS often requires a deposit for the first two keys to your box, which is around $50.Are you looking to save a few dollars?
Set up your box in a post office that provides a higher level of service (they waive this fee).Keep in mind that you’ll still be responsible for the $8 price if you need to obtain additional keys.Hours have been extended.Working late and not able to make it to the post office during regular lobby hours?
No problem.Not to be concerned.Because of its premium services, some post offices extend their opening hours to allow you to reach the post office lobby and pick up your mail.
What are the disadvantages of getting a PO Box?
Even with all of its benefits, obtaining a PO Box does have some disadvantages to consider.Not every correspondence is accepted.It is possible that your local post office does not provide premium services, in which case you will not be able to receive packages or mail from any carriers other than the United States Postal Service (USPS).It is the only organization that is authorized to deliver mail to your PO Box.In order for those Amazon deliveries or the gift basket from your great aunt to arrive at your home, they will need to be delivered there.
- You will be required to pay a rental charge.
- As you are aware, post office boxes are not provided for free.
- They must be paid for and renewed at predetermined intervals, as well as on an annual basis.
- Depending on your location, size, and rental duration, you may find yourself spending more money on your postal service than you would want.
- There is a limited number of spaces available.
- If there isn’t a Post Office Box accessible near you, you may have to drive to a different location to pick up your correspondence.
This isn’t exactly optimal.Also possible is that the size box you want isn’t available at your local post office, necessitating yet another trip to the post office to get your mail.
Does the post office have a PO Box refund policy?
You worked out how to get a post office box near you and reserved the optimum size for six months — only to be transferred for work a few months after you made the decision.You have a PO Box, what do you do with it?There’s good news!It’s possible that you’ll be entitled for a refund.The USPS has two refund rules, one for active PO boxes and another for dormant PO boxes, which must be followed in order to get a refund.
- I’m curious to know which one it is.
- If you have already picked up your keys, your box is operational.
How to request a refund
For those who wish to receive a refund for their costs, they can submit a refund request either online or in person at the post office where their box is situated.Both approaches are quite straightforward in their execution.In order to submit your request online, you must first log into your USPS account and then click the ″Manage Your Account″ section.From there, you may terminate your account and seek a reimbursement.When requesting a refund in person, all you have to do is go to the post office where your PO Box is located and ask for a refund at a service window.
- Keep in mind to bring your key(s) with you as well!
How to request a refund — inactive PO boxes
Fortunately, obtaining a refund for a PO Box for which you did not pick up the keys is a straightforward process. The post office should repay you in full if you have not used your account for 30 days. If you cancel within 30 days, you will still receive a full refund, but you will be required to submit a refund request first.
How to request a refund — active PO boxes
Refunds for active PO boxes are a little more difficult to process: Rental period of three months: Despite the fact that you are not eligible for a refund, you may still cancel your PO Box online.
- If you cancel your PO Box within the first three months of your six-month rental period, you will receive a 50 percent return. Once you reach the beginning of the fourth month, you will not be able to receive a refund
- 12-month rental: If you shut your PO Box during the first three months, you will receive a 75 percent refund
- if you close it within the first six months, you will receive a 50 percent refund
- and if you close it within the first nine months, you will receive a 25 percent refund. Upon the beginning of the tenth month, you will no longer be entitled for any type of return
As soon as you’ve determined how much a PO Box costs and how simple it is to obtain one, you can proceed to the post office and protect your mail. Don’t forget to inquire about their premium services! Are you planning to relocate soon? Check out our Epic Moving Checklist for tips on how to become and remain organized throughout your move.
How Much Does a PO Box Cost?
The most recent update was made on August 8, 2018.Unlocked post office boxes (also known as PO boxes) are boxes that are kept in your local post office and are accessible only by the post office’s staff.Everyone else who has access to the box is restricted to you and the postal service personnel who deliver your mail to the box.If you do not have a mailbox or require an additional mailbox for business purposes, a post office box (PO box) is a convenient method to receive your mail.PO boxes are also excellent for maintaining your privacy because they do not utilize your home address.
- This may vary depending on your geographic area as well as the size of the PO box you want to rent.
How much does a USPS PO box cost?
On average, the cost of renting a post office box will range from $2 per month for a tiny box in a rural region to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a major city such as New York City, depending on its size.The expenses will be determined mostly by the size you require and the location in which you reside.This USPS.gov page can provide you with the specific statistics for what your local post office is charging in order to receive an accurate pricing for what your local post office is charging.When you purchase many months in advance, the price of these items might decrease.We obtained quotations from PO boxes all around the United States, and we’ve included the prices we received from the official website in the following table.
|Geographical Location||Price Quoted (per month)|
|Fairbanks, AK||S – $19 M – $34 L – $54|
|Las Vegas, NV||XS – $13 S – $19 M – $33 L – $54|
|Los Angeles, CA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43|
|Nampa, ID||XS – $9 S – $12 M – $22 L – $36|
|Philadelphia, PA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43 XL – $65|
|Pittsburgh, PA||XS – $9 S – $11 M – $18 L – $34|
|Raleigh, NC||XS – $8 S – $12 M – $22 L – $36 XL – $57|
|Rogers, AR||XS – $6 S – $7 M – $16 L – $25 XL – $39|
|San Diego, CA||XS – $6 S – $9 M – $16 L – $26|
|San Francisco, CA||XS – $10 S – $15 M – $27 L – $43|
|Sarasota, FL||XS – $7 S – $10 M – $19 L – $30 XL – $47|
|Seattle, WA||XS – $13 S – $19 M – $34|
|Whittier, CA||XS – $7 S – $11 M – $19 L – $30 XL – $47|
USPS PO Box sizes
Extra-small boxes, for example, are 3 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches in size and may accommodate 10 to 15 envelopes.A compact box with dimensions of 5 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches may hold up to 20 envelopes or five magazines.Medium-sized boxes may hold up to 30 to 40 envelopes and measure 11 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches.They are available in various sizes.A huge box, which measures 11 x 11 x 14.75 inches, can hold approximately two and a half shoe boxes.
- The largest box, referred to as an extra large box, can hold five or more shoe boxes and measures 22.5 x 12 x 14.75 inches in dimensions.
What are the extra costs?
One key will be provided by the post office. The cost of each extra key varies between $3 and $6 depending on the type of key you desire. The cost will be determined by the location of your post office. If you misplace the key to your PO box, you will be charged a fee to re-key the box. A lock replacement cost of $20 as well as a late payment fee of $20 may be assessed.
Tips to know:
An application for a PO box can be submitted either online or in person.Regardless of the path you choose, you will be required to present two pieces of acceptable identification, with at least one of them bearing your image.Depending on the post office, some may only provide three or four of the sizes listed above.Others may offer all six sizes.Because they are all different, it is wise to phone ahead of time to find out what they have available.
- In order to get a PO box from a local post office, they will require two kinds of acceptable identification.
- Identity documents such as your driver’s license, passport, insurance cards, voter registration card, college identification card, and others are acceptable.
- It is possible that certain post offices will not have PO boxes accessible.
- In order to find out what they have available, it is essential to phone ahead of time or even go in person.
- If they do not have anything available, you may either go to a different post office or place your name on a waiting list for anything to become available later.
- There are particular norms and standards that apply when it comes to refunds, and the post office is capable of providing them.
As an example, while there are no refunds available on 3-month leases, you may get up to 75% of your money back if you cancel during the first three months of a 12-month lease.Although possessing a post office box has several advantages, it also has a number of drawbacks.Several papers and formal processes, for example, will not accept a PO box as a genuine address; for example, The use of a PO box might also be cumbersome due to the fact that you will be required to drive to the post office every day.There are a number of advantages to doing so, though.
For starters, a PO box serves as a permanent mailing address.This implies that if you or your company relocates, you won’t have to contact everyone to inform them of the new location.Second, a PO box is far more secure than a regular mailbox since you are the only person outside the post office who has access to the key.Anyone who happens to walk by your home and see your personal mailbox has the ability to open it.
Third, you will be able to pick up your mail first thing in the morning rather than having it delivered to your home first thing in the morning.If you are looking forward to receiving a certain item of mail, you will be able to receive it more quickly.Finally, many post offices now offer to scan the exterior of your mail so that you may check online whether you need to go pick it up or not.This is a great convenience.
The amount of mail that may be received by a PO box is limited.A legitimate street address is required for delivery by companies such as UPS, which will not deliver to a post office box.
How can I save money?
The longer you have your box on rent, the more money you will be able to save over time.Contracts for three, six, or twelve months are usually required by the post office when dealing with them.If you have the option of driving a long distance, consider using post offices in less crowded locations.These are often the post offices that are able to provide the most competitive prices.Other local establishments, such as the UPS store and mom and pop shops, should be considered as well.
- It’s possible that these establishments will provide greater deals than the post office.
- The following is a disclaimer about advertising: It is possible that this content contains referral links.
- For additional information, please refer to our disclosure policy.
Average Reported Cost:$54.75
UPS PO Box Rental Cost – in 2022
There are other venues, such as UPS, where you may rent a post office box and pay for it on a monthly basis, in addition to the regional post office.It is possible that a UPS mailbox is just what you are looking for if you want to have all of your mail and parcels transported to an address that is identical to your own but is located someplace other than your home.A large number of individuals are interested in renting a UPS.For example, if they run a business out of their home, they could rent a post office box.It is through this method that all of their clients and business partners will have access to the postal address while remaining completely anonymous as to the actual, personal address.
- Similar to renting a post office box from your local post office, the costs will vary depending on the size of the box, the amount of time you are renting it for, and the geographic location.
Just how much does UPS store P.O. box rental cost?
The cost of a UPS mailbox rental will be largely determined by your geographic location as well as the size of the mailbox you choose.Generally speaking, the longer you commit to using a mailbox, the more money you will be able to save.For example, a small mailbox for one year might cost between $125 and $150, and a large mailbox for one year can cost between $250 and $300.By the end of the month, you should be prepared to spend anything from $10 to as much as $30 every month to rent a UPS mailbox.You may see the averages we were able to locate in our table below; however, you should be aware that this is only an estimate, or a list of prices that have previously been posted, and that your actual costs may differ from these.
|Size of Mailbox||Duration||Price|
Members of the Amazon Seller Central forum discussed how much they had really spent for a UPS Store PO Box in one particular discussion.According to the original poster, a small box may cost as much as $240 per year, while a larger unit could cost as much as $420 per year at a nearby UPS Store.A number of people who responded to the discussion indicated that they had really paid up to $540 a year to have a huge box.You might also be interested in our post on the cost of constructing a brick mailbox.
UPS store P.O. box rental details
When it comes to term lengths, UPS will normally supply the following sizes: small, medium, and big for the following term lengths: 3, 6, or 12-months.Individual and commercial mailboxes are available through UPS.Corporate-class mailboxes, which are more expensive, may receive both personal and business correspondence.A personal box, on the other hand, will not be able to receive business mail; any such mail will be returned to the sender as a result.The UPS post office box will offer you with a legitimate address that will allow you to receive mail and package shipments at any time of day or night.
- The most valuable service given by a UPS mailbox is the provision of a physical street address rather than a post office box number.
- This will give a firm a more professional appearance.
- UPS has the flexibility to receive packages from virtually any supplier, including third-party companies.
- When mail is received in your name, depending on the service you have registered for, they can send you a text message to notify you that the mail has arrived.
- Additionally, you may call into their system to discover whether there is any mail in your mailbox at the time of your phone call.
What are the additional expenses?
Additional premium services may include faxing, mail forwarding, and text notifications when mail or a shipment is really received.It goes without saying that you will need to renew your mailbox membership on an annual basis.It is possible that a non-refundable fee of $10 to $15 will be charged for the mailbox key.If you send a large amount of mail, you may be charged an extra fee to process it.In the event that you sign a contract for any length of time and then decide to terminate your contract early, you will be charged a penalty fee.
Tips to keep in mind
Make certain that you are aware of the prerequisites for obtaining a UPS mailbox before proceeding.At the absolute least, you will require two pieces of identification; however, there may be additional requirements.If you are considering of acquiring a P.O.box at your local post office, keep in mind that you will only receive a P.O.box number and not a real address when you do so.
- In the event that you want to use this mailbox to receive actual mail, be in mind that certain organizations will not send mail to this type of mailbox.
- However, this is not the sole distinction between the two.
- You will have access to your box at the post office 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- At UPS, you will have access to your mailbox only during business hours, and not outside of them.
- These business hours may range from one location to another, and it may or may not be open on weekends depending on the location.
- Any shipment that you mail will be signed for and held by UPS until you pick it up.
It has been decided that parcels from rival firms will be refused by the Postal Service.While you are at the UPS store picking up your mail and packages, you may take use of other services such as faxing, copying, and so on.Generally speaking, the post office does not provide these services.On TheUPSStoreLocal.com, you may enter your postal code to find out where the nearest UPS shop is located.
How can you save some money?
If you are not concerned with the appearance of your address, you should consider comparing the rates to those charged by your local post office or another third-party mailbox retailer to see what they charge.In most cases, if you do not have a problem with the P.O.box address, it will be a less expensive route to take the vast majority of time.If you live in an area where there are many UPS stores, make sure you call each of them individually.As a general rule, you will discover that the prices charged by each retailer will vary.
- The longer you stay in your rental, the more money you will save.
- If you anticipate that you will use the box for a period of more than a year, it is most likely preferable to budget for a year’s worth of service in advance.
Whether you need a PO BoxTM for business or personal reasons, the United States Postal Service® (USPS®) provides a variety of sizes to store your mail and parcels safely at a Post OfficeTM location near you.Many locations have access to PO Boxes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and if an item is too large to fit in your box, we’ll hold it for you.You may also be able to take advantage of complimentary Premium PO Box Services, such as smartphone alerts that notify you when you receive new mail.Choose Your Postal Service Box Dimensions At every Post Office location, you can look for a new post office box.Use your current USPS.com account or create a new one to make your reservation.
- Attempt to locate a new post office box The address or ZIP CodeTM that you supplied was not recognized.
- Make sure you input a street address, a city address, and a state address, or a five-digit US ZIP CodeTM.
- Do you already have a post office box?
- Save time by making a payment for the PO Box you are in charge of through the internet.
- Maintain control of your PO Box.
- Once you’ve reserved a PO Box at the Post Office, you may link it to your USPS.com account and manage it from anywhere in the world with ease.
Link You may be certain that your packages are secure at the Post Office and not left on your doorstep unattended.Maintain the secrecy of your home address and the confidentiality of crucial papers to ensure your safety.Get your mail whenever it’s convenient for you.Some sites offer 24-hour access, while others offer longer hours.
Step 1: Use the search box located under ″Reserve a New PO Box″ to look for Post Office locations in your neighborhood.Step 2: Select a Post Office location and make your preferences regarding the size of your PO Box and the length of time you wish to pay.Step 3: To reserve your PO Box, fill out the form with your contact and billing details.Step 1: Go to ″Manage Account″ and login in with your USPS.com credentials to complete the process.
Step 2: On the ″Manage Your Account″ tab, locate your PO Box and click on ″Setup Auto-Renew″ to have it automatically renew.Changing your payment term is optional, however you should consider enrolling on Automatic Renewal.Step 1: Click on the ″Link″ button above and sign in using your USPS.com account credentials.Fill out the form by entering your PO Box number, ZIP CodeTM, and last name or company name.
Step 3: Double-check your PO Box information and submit it.You may now manage your PO Box from the comfort of your own home.Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Size 3: M 5.5″ x 11″ Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Sizes 4 and 5 are 11″ x 11″ and 12″ x 22.5″, respectively.
PO Box Cost: Read This Before Renting
Determining post office box rental costs might be difficult at first since the pricing changes depending on the location, box size, and length of time the box is rented. Fortunately, if you know what to look for, determining the cost of a PO box is straightforward.
PO Box Cost Overview
PO box rental costs might be difficult to calculate at first since they vary based on factors such as location, box size, and length of time a box is rented for. Fortunately, if you know what to look for, figuring out how much a PO box will cost is straightforward.
Average PO Box Prices
|Size||3 Months||1 Month|
|Extra Small (1)||$24||$8|
|Extra Large (5)||$156||$52|
PO Box Billing & Discounts
By default, post office boxes are priced in 3-month increments.The 3-month payment option requires automatic billing in order to be valid.The discount ranges from 10 percent to 15 percent based on the box size and your region when you pay for a six-month period.Because there is no additional reduction for the 12-month term, the 12-month period is precisely double the price of the 6-month period.The Post Office, on the other hand, offers specials from time to time, such as providing a free month when signing up for a 12-month rental.
Finding the PO Box Cost for Your Location
The official United States Postal Service rate finder is the most accurate approach to get your exact PO box cost. Then, on the USPS.com PO Boxes Online page, click the blue ″Reserve New PO Box″ button to complete the process: In order to discover PO box pricing and availability in your location, you must first input your address or ZIP code on this page.
PO Box Sizes
Postal boxes are available in five common sizes. This is only a high-level summary; we go into further depth on this subject in our page on post office box sizes.
|Extra Small (1)||3″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 standard envelopes or 2 magazines|
|Small (2)||5″||5.5″||14.75″||10-15 letters or 5 magazines|
|Medium (3)||11″||5.5″||14.75″||Large envelopes and magazines stacked flat|
|Large (4)||11″||11″||14.75″||2 shoeboxes with room for 10-15 letters|
|Extra Large (5)||22.5″||12″||14.75″||Multiple packages, letters, and magazines|
Availability of Larger Sizes
Many post offices do not have large or extra-large letter sizes available (sizes 4 and 5).The PO Boxes Online pricing tool allows you to search for all post offices within a 50-mile radius when you use it to find a rate.The larger sizes may be available at a different post office, depending on your geographic area.If you are unable to locate a big post office box in your region, you may want to consider renting a UPS mailbox.To view our article about UPS mailboxes, please visit this link.
Deposits & Fees
You must pay a $3.00 deposit for your first two keys in order to get them. Keys for additional locks are subject to a $6.00 deposit per lock. Replacement of the lock (due to a misplaced key) or a late payment fee of $22.00 will be assessed.
How Much Does a Post Office Box Cost?
When I first started my business years ago, I believed that getting a Post Office box was the most prudent business decision I could make.Why?I’m sorry, but I’m stumped.It’s like business cards in that it’s simply one of those things (at least for me, I use the PO Box!).Since then, I’ve discovered that using a Post Office Box is a terrific method to conceal your address and add an extra degree of security to your identity.
- For example, the vast majority of mails are not secure.
- I’m sure yours is.
- To steal my mail, someone only has to open it, remove all of the juicy credit card pre-approvals, and then quietly walk away from the scene.
- My mailbox is not protected by any means.
- There are just a few other mailboxes that are content to stand about and do nothing all day.
- Oh, and the burglar has the ability to take from those crates as well.
Because parcels are delivered to our house, which is located so far back in the woods that kids don’t even bother coming for free candy on Halloween, there is nothing useful to take from our mailbox.Plus, we have cameras in case you have any crazy ideas while you’re in the building.I am not concerned about burglars taking anything from our mailbox, but if you are, a PO Box can provide an additional degree of security at a very low cost.
Why do I need a PO Box?
If you are concerned about the security of your mail, a PO Box is an excellent method to add an extra layer of protection to your life.It’s similar to a credit freeze in that it gives 100 percent security in exchange for a small amount of inconvenience.When you place a credit freeze on your report, you must unfreeze it before you can apply for a credit card.You will never have to be concerned about your report being utilized without your knowledge because of this.P.O.
- Boxes are a little layer of protection that ensures you never have to be concerned about someone taking your mail again.
- The fact that you must visit the Post Office to pick up your mail is a minor annoyance, but if you choose your recipients carefully, it is not a major bother at all.
How much does a PO Box Cost?
It is determined by three factors:
- The proportions
- The renting period (three, six, and twelve months)
- Your geographical position
Promotions are also offered from time to time. For example, my local post office will offer you an extra month if you rent a box for 12 months instead of 6 when you rent for 12 months instead of 6 months. Instead of a discount on the price, the free month is reflected in the renewal date of the subscription (i.e. you pay for 12 months, you get the box for 13 months).
5 Cleverly Named Box Sizes
- Periodic promos are also available. For example, if you rent a box for 12 months instead of 6, my local post office will offer you one additional month free. Instead of a discount on the price, the free month is reflected in the renewal date (i.e. you pay for 12 months, you get the box for 13 months).
My letter size is 1, owing to the fact that I only ever get letters. Every now and then, I receive a box and just carry the small orange slip over to customer service to pick up the package.
Premium PO Box Service
- When the Post Office states Premium, it does not imply that you must pay an additional fee, but it does indicate that they provide the following Premium services: As a result, you may accept items from any shipper because your PO Box has a genuine street address.
- Using the Signature on File service eliminates the need to visit a retail counter to pick up certain signature and insured products (such as Priority Mail Express®, Signature ConfirmationTM, and Insured Mail more than $500).
- When you sign up for the ″Baker’s Dozen″ deal, you will receive one month of free service when you pay for 12 months.
- When purchasing a new PO Box, there is no key deposit necessary for the first two keys.
- In certain places, extended lobby hours for PO Boxes are available
- in others, earlier mail collection periods are available.
For a PO Box, here’s how to acquire a genuine street address: Simple!The ability to utilize a genuine street address is a convenient feature for businesses that refuse to send mail to a PO Box.Simply use the street address of the post office, followed by the letters XXX, as your address.For example, if you have box123 and your Post Office is situated at 1 Main Street, Anytown, NY, your real street address is 1 Main Street123, Anytown, NY.If you have box123 and your Post Office is located at 1 Main Street, Anytown, NY, your real street address is 1 Main Street123, Anytown, NY.
How to Rent a PO Box
Simply showing up at the Post Office will not enough.You’re going to have an awful time.If you’re unfortunate, it’ll be really long, but else it’ll be OK.Go online and use the website to take care of all of your PO Box requirements.There is a tool that you can use to locate your local post office so that you can learn about the various box sizes, the cost, and any other premium services that they provide.
- Example: My post office is a tiny little structure with only three different box sizes available to me (1-3).
- All five are available at a larger post office in the area.
- Above the bank of PO Boxes, there’s a little sign that lists the boxes’ availability as well as their prices.
- Listed below are the pricing at my local post office in Maryland:
|Box Size||3 Months||6 Months||12 Months|
|X-Small (Size 1)||$39||$67||$134|
|Small (Size 2)||$58||$100||$200|
|Medium (Size 3)||$102||$178||$356|
|Large (Size 4)||$163||$283||$566|
|X-Large (Size 5)||$256||$446||$892|
I’m not sure how the post office decides their costs because they aren’t based on the cost of living in the area where I live.The Size 1-XS box costs $108 a year at the Old Chelsea Post Office (Zip Code 10001) in Manhattan, which is undoubtedly a far more costly location than the surrounding neighborhood.It costs just $90 for a year’s worth of stamps at the Peck Slip Post Office in New York (Zip Code 10038).Both are significantly less expensive than my Maryland box!When I went to check at some more, I discovered that the charges at a post office 2.78 miles away are HALF of what I am currently paying!
|Box Size||3 Months||6 Months||12 Months|
|X-Small (Size 1)||$22||$38||$76|
|Small (Size 2)||$32||$56||$112|
|Medium (Size 3)||$57||$99||$198|
UPS Store Boxes
Not only may you rent a box to take mail, but you can also do it in a variety of other locations.UPS Stores sell boxes and, in certain cases, provide 24-hour access to their facilities, as well as package acceptance, mail holding and forwarding, and a variety of other services.″MailCheck″ is a convenience feature that is not available through traditional post offices.You may check by phone to see whether you have any mail, saving you the trouble of making the journey.Because UPS Stores are independently owned and operated, costs will vary; you will need to contact to find out more.
- Check all of the post office boxes that are handy for your schedule and driving conditions if you want to get a post office box.
- It appears that the pricing are quite variable.
- I went for the one that was nearest to my house, which resulted in my spending about twice as much as I should have, but it appears that price makes as much sense as anything else at the post office!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
8 Best Bank Accounts for Freelancers and Side Hustlers
For those working as freelancers or part-time entrepreneurs, there are several excellent bank accounts to choose from. Furthermore, you no longer have to pay exorbitant fees in order to have a fantastic business checking account. Here are some of our top bank accounts for freelancers and side hustlers that you may use to make money.
Lili Review: A Free Checking Account for Freelancers & Side Hustlers
With Lili’s help, you may develop a banking experience that will make running your solo business operations a bit less difficult. Despite the fact that Lili has significant limits that make it unsuitable for full-time company owners, there are some advantages that make Lili a viable alternative for side hustlers and entrepreneurs.
NorthOne Review: An Attractive Choice for Business Owners
When you have an excellent business bank account, financial management becomes easier and less time-consuming. And NorthOne offers a variety of tools to assist company owners in doing just that. Your time is important, and it would be far better spent managing and expanding your firm rather than on time-consuming financial administration.
BlueVine Review: Should You Get This Online Business Checking Account?
When I first started my business, I did what most people do: I went to a bank and established a checking account…A thirty-something father of four, Jim Wang writes often for Forbes and Vanguard’s blog.He has also had the good fortune to have his work published in the New York Times, Baltimore Sun, Entrepreneur, and Marketplace Money, among other publications.In addition to his undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Economics from Carnegie Mellon University, Jim holds a master’s degree in Information Technology – Software Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, and a master’s degree in Business Administration from the Johns Hopkins University.In the same way that an engineer approaches problems, he approaches personal finance by breaking down difficult issues into bite-sized, readily understandable principles that you can apply in your everyday life.
- The Personal Capital app is one of his favorite tools (here’s my treasure chest of tools, which contains everything I use).
- It allows him to manage his money in as little as 15 minutes every month.
- You may also get help with your financial planning, such as using a Retirement Planning Tool, which can determine whether or not you are on track to retire when you desire.
- It’s completely free.
- He is also diversifying his financial portfolio by adding a little amount of real estate to his mix of investments.
- He is not investing in rental properties because he does not want a second job; instead, he is making diversified little investments in a few commercial properties and farms in Illinois, Louisiana, and California through AcreTrader.
Recently, he’s made some purchases on Masterworks, including a couple pieces of art.>> Jim’s other articles may be found here.The opinions stated here are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of any bank or financial institution.It should be noted that none of these organizations have reviewed, authorized, or otherwise supported the information on this page.
Canada Post PO(Post Office) Box Rental
- A Canada Post PO Box is a secure chamber within a Post Office that is secured while not in use. This Postal Box is used to accept postal items that have been sent through the Canada Post system. Customers can rent a post office box from any Canada Post office or purchase one from any Canada Post office. Using mail boxes as storage or security compartments is not permitted by law. We are unable to transfer Postal Boxes that have been given by Canada Post. Canada Post offers three different types of post office box services to its customers. Prime Mode Postal Box, Convenience Postal Box, and General Delivery are all options.
1.Prime Mode Postal Box: Prime Mode postal boxes are provided by Canada Post at no additional cost to the customer.If the method of mail delivery for a client’s address has been designated by Canada Post for that municipal or physical address, the customer will not be charged by Canada Post.To avoid utilizing the Prime Mode Postal Box, customers can rent a Convenience Mailbox for a charge in lieu of using the Prime Mode Postal Box.2.
- Convenience Postal Box: It provides clients with a simple, secure, and economical option to utilize Convenience Postal Boxes on a regular basis.
- Customers can have their mail sent to addresses other than their primary address.
- Customers that receive mail have the opportunity to select the suitable size for the volume/amount of mail that they receive based on their specific requirements.
- They may also choose from three different leasing terms: three, six, or twelve months, depending on their need.
- General Delivery: A letter is deemed to be a General Delivery when the consumers are unable to get mail through any other free method of delivery that is available to them.
For a limited time period of up to four months, the General Delivery service of Canada Post is also offered to the traveling public.Please keep in mind that Canada Post reserves the right to discontinue your Postal Box service at any time.
Canada Post PO Box Rental:
It is the most efficient method of having your mail delivered straight to your PO box.What do you have to do in order to rent a post office box?You are not required to take up a major undertaking.You can rent a post office box in just two simple steps.After renting a post office box, you will be able to check your mail at any time that works best for you and your schedule.
- You may use these post office boxes to receive mail, envelopes, and packages from all around the world.
- To apply for a PO box for rent, you must go to the post office that is closest to you.
- They will supply you with two keys, which you must keep secure until you have completed the process of closing your PO box.
- You won’t be able to access your PO Box until you have these keys.
- As a result, keep it safe.
How to Rent a Mailbox?
- Renting a post office box is a straightforward process. Customers don’t have to be concerned about how to go about applying for a post box for rent since we take care of everything for them. All they have to do is present a government-issued photo identity document with a unique identifying number. The following identification documents are acceptable: Canadian Forces Identity Card
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) ID card*
- Canadian/Foreign Passport
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Driver’s license (Canadian/Foreign)
- Health card with a photo where not prohibited
- Permanent Resident card
- Provincial / Territorial Identification card
- and a driver’s license (Canadian/Foreign).
- Customer who cannot provide any of the needed picture identification may instead provide two papers from the recognized proof of residency list and one of the official documents listed below as acceptable substitutes: Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, health card without a photo (where authorized), and any other approved identification that is included in the postal guide are all acceptable forms of identity.
Following the identification proof verification, the customer must pay for the rental of a post office mailbox as well as a key deposit.He or she has the option of paying with cash, debit card, or credit card.In the event that a customer has several companies with a Canada Post contract, he or she may pay through his or her company account.To rent a post office box, you only need to follow these two easy procedures.
Canada Post PO Box Sizes:
Canada Post PO Boxes are available in five different sizes, which are labeled with the letters A, B, C, D, and E.Modest boxes for general distribution are included in category A, and they are perfect for letter envelopes because of their small size.It is around 90 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm in overall dimensions.Category B has medium-sized boxes for letter-size, legal-size, and large-sized brown envelopes.It is around 140 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm in overall dimensions.
- The huge boxes of category C are designed to accommodate letters of all sizes, envelopes, and parcels of varying sizes.
- It is around 290 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm in overall dimensions.
- Category D has X-large boxes that may accommodate letters of any size, envelopes of any size, and shipments of any size.
- It is around 290 mm x 270 mm x 360 mm in overall dimensions.
- Category E has XX-large boxes that may accommodate letters of any size, envelopes of any size, and bundles of any size.
- It is around 600 mm x 280 mm x 360 mm in overall dimensions.
We have included each and every piece of information pertaining to Canada Post PO box sizes in order to make it easier for you to comprehend.Take a look at this:
|Category||Postal Boxes||Approximate Size||Used For|
|A||Small or General Delivery||90 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||Letter envelopes|
|B||Medium||140 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||For letter, legal and large brown envelopes|
|C||Large||290 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||Handles virtually all size letters, envelopes and various sized parcels|
|D||X-Large||290 mm x 270 mm x 360 mm|
|E||XX-Large||600 mm x 280 mm x 360 mm|
|Container and Bag Service||Bulk or enterprise mail collection for large volume receivers|
PO Box Rental Cost / PO Box Rental Price:
The first thing that clients consider before utilizing any form of service is whether or not the service is free of charge.If so, how much does it cost to utilize this service, and how long does it last?Don’t worry, we’ve included some cost-of-rental tables for post office boxes in rural, urban, and urban center locations for your convenience.You can check the cost of a post office box rental based on your location.If you are unsure of which table you should use in order to determine the cost of a PO box, you should contact your local post office for assistance.
- We have updated the Post Office box rental cost tables with more specific information on the pricing of a PO box rental.
- According to the demands of the customer, we have provided three different pricing options for a PO box: three months, six months, and an annual fee.
PO Box Rental Cost for Rural Areas:
The cost of a post office box rental in rural locations for a period of three months, six months, and twelve months is listed in the table below. Customers can compare the rental costs of several types of post office boxes based on their requirements.
|CATEGORY||POSTAL BOXES||APPROXIMATE SIZE||3 MONTHS||6 MONTHS||12 MONTHS|
|A||Small or General Delivery||90 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||$63||$114||$173|
|B||Medium||140 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||$89||$157||$236|
|C||Large||290 mm x 130 mm x 360 mm||$115||$205||$309|
|D||X-Large||290 mm x 270 mm x 360 mm||$140||$248||$372|
|E||XX-Large||600 mm x 280 mm x 360 mm||$310||$551||$820|
|Container and Bag Service||$310||$551||$820|
PO Box Rental Cost for Urban Areas:
For the following time periods: 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months, the cost of a post office box in a rural region is indicated in the table below: It is possible for customers to compare the rental costs of several types of PO boxes based on their requirements.