The cost of a P.O. box depends on the location, size, and the length of the rental period that you choose. Rental periods are available in three month, six month, and 12 month options. There is also a nominal cost for keys ($3 for the first two keys and a $6 fee for additional keys). You can find a complete breakdown of pricing online.
How much does a PO Box cost at the post office?
On average, the cost to rent a PO box is going to cost anywhere from $2 for a small box in a rural area to as much as $35 per month for the largest box in a metropolitan area such as New York City. The costs will really depend on what size you need and where you live.
What are the requirements for a post office box?
– Valid driver’s license or state ID card. – Military, government, university, or recognized corporate ID. – Passport, alien registration card, or certificate of naturalization. – Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust. – Voter or vehicle registration card. – Home or vehicle insurance policy.
How much does it cost to rent a post box?
Three factors determine the cost of renting a P.O. box: The length of time it will be rented. The size of the box. Its physical location. Renting a small P.O. box for six months costs as little as $19 in some locations, while in other locations the cost is $75.
Whether you need a PO BoxTM for business or personal reasons, the United States Postal Service® (USPS®) provides a variety of sizes to store your mail and parcels safely at a Post OfficeTM location near you.Many locations have access to PO Boxes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and if an item is too large to fit in your box, we’ll hold it for you.You may also be able to take advantage of complimentary Premium PO Box Services, such as smartphone alerts that notify you when you receive new mail.Choose Your Postal Service Box Dimensions At every Post Office location, you can look for a new post office box.Use your current USPS.com account or create a new one to make your reservation.
Attempt to locate a new post office box The address or ZIP CodeTM that you supplied was not recognized.Make sure you input a street address, a city address, and a state address, or a five-digit US ZIP CodeTM.Do you already have a post office box?Save time by making a payment for the PO Box you are in charge of through the internet.Maintain control of your PO Box.
Once you’ve reserved a PO Box at the Post Office, you may link it to your USPS.com account and manage it from anywhere in the world with ease.Link You may be certain that your packages are secure at the Post Office and not left on your doorstep unattended.Maintain the secrecy of your home address and the confidentiality of crucial papers to ensure your safety.
Get your mail whenever it’s convenient for you.Some sites offer 24-hour access, while others offer longer hours.Step 1: Use the search box located under ″Reserve a New PO Box″ to look for Post Office locations in your neighborhood.Step 2: Select a Post Office location and make your preferences regarding the size of your PO Box and the length of time you wish to pay.Step 3: To reserve your PO Box, fill out the form with your contact and billing details.Step 1: Go to ″Manage Account″ and login in with your USPS.com credentials to complete the process.
Step 2: On the ″Manage Your Account″ tab, locate your PO Box and click on ″Setup Auto-Renew″ to have it automatically renew.Changing your payment period is optional, but you should consider enrolling in Automatic Renewal.Step 1: Click on the ″Link″ button above and sign in using your USPS.com account credentials.Fill out the form by entering your PO Box number, ZIP CodeTM, and last name or company name.
Step 3: Double-check your PO Box information and submit it.You may now manage your PO Box from the comfort of your own home.Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Size 3: M 5.5″ x 11″ Size 1: XS 3″ x 5.5″ Size 2: S 5″ x 5.5″ Sizes 4 and 5 are 11″ x 11″ and 12″ x 22.5″, respectively.
PO Box – How To Get One (And 3 Reasons Not To)
In order to safely store your mail and parcels at a Post OfficeTM location near you, whether for business or personal reasons, USPS® provides a variety of PO BoxTM sizes.The majority of our sites provide access to PO Boxes at all hours of the day.If an item is too large to fit in your box, we’ll hold it for you while you find a more suitable location.A complimentary Premium PO Box Service, such as smartphone alerts to notify you when you get mail, may also be available at your location.Choose The Dimensions of Your PO Box At any Post Office location, you may look for a new PO Box.
Use your current USPS.com account or create a new one to make your reservations.A new post office box is sought.There is an error with the address or ZIP CodeTM that you supplied.Ensure that you input a street address, a city address, and a state address, or a five-character United States ZIP CodeTM.Existing customers who have a PO Box can use this service.
Make a payment for the PO Box you are in charge of online to save time.Maintain control over a P.O.You may link your PO Box at the Post Office to your USPS.com account so that you can manage it more simply online once you’ve made your reservation there.
Link Recognize that your deliveries are safe at the Post Office and not on your doorstep, where they may be vulnerable.For your own peace of mind, keep your home address discreet and vital papers confidential.Take advantage of 24-hour access in certain places and extended hours in others so that you may get your mail whenever it is convenient for you.Section 1, Step 1: Use the search field under ″Reserve a New PO Box″ to look for Post Offices in your area.Select a Post Office location and make your options for the size of your PO Box and the length of time you wish to have it for.For your PO Box reservation, you will need to provide your contact and billing details.
Choosing ″Manage Account″ and logging in with your USPS.com credentials are the first steps.2.On the ″Manage Your Account″ page, locate your PO Box and click the ″Setup Auto-Renew″ button to the right of it.Changing your payment term is optional, however enrolling on Automatic Renewal is recommended.
Step 3: Step 1: Click on the ″Link″ button above and sign in using your USPS.com credentials.Step 2: Enter your PO Box number, ZIP CodeTM and last name or business name in the second field.Step 3: The third step is to double-check your PO Box information and submit it.You may now manage your PO Box from the comfort of your own home or office computer.Model is wearing size 1 (small) and is 3 inches tall and 5 inches wide.Model is wearing size 2 (small) and is 5 inches tall and 5 inches wide.
Model is wearing size 1 (small) and is wearing size 2 (large) and is wearing size 3.Model is wearing size 3 and is wearing size 11.L 11″ x 11″ Size 5 XL 12″ x 22.5″ Size 4 L 11″ x 11.5″
How to Get a PO Box in Three Easy Steps
Obtaining a post office box is a straightforward process. The procedure may be summarized in three simple steps:
Step1: Choose a Location
The placement of a PO box should be one of the first considerations for anyone who is considering acquiring one.Even if your home or place of business is in another state, you can obtain a post office box from the United States Postal Service at most of their Post Office locations.Having said that, most individuals choose to have a post office box located close to their residence or place of business in order to maximize convenience.
Step2: Choose a Size
- Once you’ve decided on a location, you’ll need to decide on the size of the post office box that would be most appropriate for your needs. In order to accommodate the amount of mail you expect to get (as well as the possibility of receiving parcels*), you’ll need to choose from one of the following basic sizes: Extra It usually holds 10-15 letters or two rolled magazines in its small (3″ x 5.5″) size.
- It can hold 15-20 letters or up to five rolled magazines in its small size of 5″x5.5″.
- It is large enough to accept larger envelopes or even flat-stack numerous magazines
- it measures 11″ x 5.5″
- A large – 11″ x 11″ – box with enough room inside to carry about two small boxes and a few letters.
- Extra Large – 22.5″ x 12″ – The largest available size, which can accommodate most flat rate boxes or medium sized goods
- Extra Large – 22.5″ x 12″
The cost of a PO box will vary based on the size and location of the mailbox. It should be noted that UPS and normal FedEx do not deliver to USPS PO boxes, as stated further below.
Step3: Finalize Your Selection and Redirect Your Mail
In addition to selecting your size and location, you’ll need to select a lease period of six or twelve months as well as complete Document 1583, a one-page form that serves to verify your identification.You will require two kinds of identification, one of which must be a photo identification card.Once you’ve received your PO box keys, you may begin sharing your new address with others and routing your mail accordingly.On the whole, the procedure of setting up a post office box is straightforward, and it has been in use for decades.But, these days, is it really necessary to have a PO box?
Now, 3 Reasons You Shouldn’t Get a PO Box
Postal boxes are a thing of the past. They are falling behind in a world that is growing increasingly digital. Here are three reasons why you should avoid buying a PO box and instead seek for a more suitable alternative:
Reason1: PO Boxes Are Inconvenient
Is there anything in your life that you have purposely placed in a location that is difficult to access?Given your preference for convenience, you’ll probably just need a few things.Right?When individuals buy washers and dryers for their homes instead of making excursions to the neighborhood laundry, they are looking for convenience.It is also why consumers order meals from Grubhub.It’s a lot less difficult.
- Postal boxes are the ultimate of inconvenient convenience, and they are everywhere.
- Just to see if you have any mail, you must travel to an off-site location every day.
- What a complete and utter waste of time!
- Furthermore, you may have to go out of your way to get the appropriate size post office box.
- You’re also tied to a particular length of time for your PO box rental, and you may be charged an additional fee if you cancel too soon.
- If you are relocating your house or company and need to alter your post office box, this will create even more hassle for yourself.
Filling out forms and paying additional costs will be required before receiving written confirmation in the mail.In addition, while the Post Office is closed, your letter is completely unreachable.If you’re seeking for convenience, a post office box probably isn’t at the top of your list.
Reason2: PO Boxes Have Limited Mail and Package Receiving Capability
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a United States Postal Service PO Box.In the event that you or your senders would choose one of these services over USPS shipping, you are out of luck.If you order a PO box that is too tiny, it is possible that all of your mail will not fit inside.What happens if your mail doesn’t fit through the letterbox or if you receive a package?That is dependent on the situation.You may get a message in your PO box instructing you to pick up your mail at the service counter, or you may be given a key to a bigger storage box for your convenience.
- It is possible that your postmaster may request that you upgrade to a larger PO box if the volume of mail you receive becomes a persistent problem since it will not fit in your current PO box size.
- Not only will you have to pay extra each month, but you will also have to alter your mailing address to the new PO box number and notify all of your senders of the change.
Reason3: The Future of the PO Box is Already Here
Traditional post office boxes, believe it or not, are already becoming outdated.There are now digital mailbox choices available, allowing you to enjoy all of the benefits of a PO box without ever having to set foot in a post office or a mailbox business.It is possible to have your mail delivered off-site using virtual addresses (sometimes known as virtual PO boxes), just as it is possible to do with a physical PO box.Instead of checking your mailbox on a daily basis, an automatic system scans the outside of your mail or parcels and transmits the image to you digitally in your own digital mailbox, saving you time and effort.Nothing more than downloading an app or going online to select which mails you want to send or reject, as well as which ones you want to open and scan, and then reading your mail on your phone, tablet, or PC is required.Furthermore, because digital mailbox companies such as iPostal1 utilize real-world street mailing addresses, you may have items delivered by any carrier of your choice.
- You have the option of selecting your address from over 2,200 places, which gives you greater freedom.
- It is possible to register your business with your postal address because it is an actual street address rather than a PO Box.
- When compared to utilizing your home address for business, this will save entrepreneurs both time and money while also improving your company’s image.
If you’re thinking about having a post office box for your mail, you’ll be pleased to hear that they’re rather simple to obtain.However, ″simple to obtain″ does not imply ″convenient.″ You will have to go to the post office on a regular basis to inspect and get your mail.Who has the luxury of time for that?If you want to receive packages from UPS or FedEx, or if you want to register your business, you should probably forget about it.You’ll need to provide a legitimate physical address.In addition, if you want a larger post office box, what a nuisance!
- As a result, you might think about using an online PO box instead.
- They are the current solution to your mail demands, and they will save you time while also keeping you in touch with your mail, no matter where you are, whether through an app or the internet.
- Be forthright.
- Aren’t you ready for a mailing address solution that’s super-convenient, adaptable, and fits all of your personal and business demands all at the same time?
How to Get a Virtual PO Box
It is simple to obtain a virtual PO box using iPostal1.You select a mailing address from the iPostal1 network of over 2,200 genuine street addresses to which you want to route your mail and packages and which you want to receive packages.These packages can be delivered by any carrier of your choosing (like FedEx or UPS).The procedure is quick and painless, and it only takes a few minutes!How to set up an iPostal1 virtual post office box is as follows:
- Select a mailing address. Choose from more than 2,200 addresses in the United States and other countries. Create many virtual PO box addresses in different regions to provide a more widespread market presence. You may choose a mailing address that is close to your home or business and pick up your mail whenever you like. It is possible to select an address in another city, state, or country if that is what you want.
- Decide on a strategy. If you anticipate to receive a significant amount of mail each month, iPostal1 provides mailbox options that are tailored to your needs. Virtual Office packages include a local or toll-free phone number as well as a fax number.
- Checkout. Fill out the checkout form with your contact information as well as your payment card or PayPal account details.
- Fill out and submit Form 1583. Following registration, you will be issued a personal mailbox number and instructions on how to upload a simple, one-page form (Form 1583) needed by the United States Postal Service (USPS) that permits your postal address location to accept your mail on your behalf. In addition, you’ll be required to produce two kinds of identification. iPostal1 simplifies the delivery procedure.
- Send Your Mail to a Different Address. To ensure that you get mail at your new location, you should file a Temporary Change of Address form with the United States Postal Service and/or contact senders directly.
Now you can:
- You can access and manage your mail from any location. 24/7. As soon as your mail is received, check it out. Make use of our free app or any computer to see an image of the outside of each piece of mail that you receive. Tell your mail center what you want to do with each item with a single click or tap: forward, scan, arrange a pickup, dispose, or shred.
- Receive mail and packages from any carrier of your choosing. Because every iPostal virtual postal address is a genuine street address, rather than a normal postal box, you will be able to receive mail and packages not only from the United States Postal Service, but also from FedEx, UPS, and other shipping companies.
- With a single click, you may add new locations. It’s quick and simple to add extra address locations for business or personal usage to your Google account. Manage all of your locations’ mail from a single login.
Look at the plans and look at the locations
PO Box Frequently Asked Questions
What is a PO Box?
If you want to receive mail while you are away from your home or place of business, you can rent a post office box, also known as a PO box, from the post office.Each PO box has its own unique box number, which postal customers can use to receive mail.Individual PO box contents may only be obtained with the use of a key.Lobby access to all boxes is often open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and postal box tenants routinely visit to see whether they have any mail.
How much does the average PO Box cost?
The cost of renting a USPS PO Box varies depending on where the post office is located and the size of the postal box.As a result, discussing the typical cost of a PO Box is superfluous.You may spend as little as $20 for a three-month rental of the smallest box at a low-cost site, or as much as $360 for the largest box at a high-cost location, depending on your needs and budget.That is a significant cost difference!Besides that, it’s simply a conventional post office box, with all of its inherent constraints, at the end of the day.You’ll need to get in touch with your local post office to find out how much a box costs and whether any are presently available.
When should I rent a PO Box?
- A typical PO Box at a USPS facility is a convenient method to receive mail when you are away from your home or workplace and may be a good alternative in some situations. USPS PO Boxes are a good option if you receive a lot of mail (but only a few packages) and don’t mind going to the post office every day to view and retrieve your mail
- if you receive a lot of mail (but only a few packages) and don’t mind going to the post office every day to view and retrieve your mail
- if you receive a lot of mail (but only a few packages)
- if you receive a lot of mail (but only
- When it comes to general business needs, you don’t need to utilize your address
- you don’t care about the sophisticated virtual mailbox capabilities of an iPostal1 virtual PO box
- and you don’t worry about privacy.
Virtual PO Box Plans
Virtual Mailing Address
With Digital Mailbox, I or my family may receive mail. Prices start at $9.99 per month. More information may be found by clicking here.
Virtual Business Address
With Digital Mailbox for My Business, you can send and receive emails from anywhere. Prices start at $9.99 per month. More information may be found by clicking here.
With a Digital Mailbox, as well as phone and fax service. Prices start at $39.99 per month. More information may be found by clicking here.
Virtual PO Box Locations
IPostal1 virtual post office box facilities are professionally staffed, secure, full-service digital mailbox locations that provide a variety of services.The addresses are genuine street addresses, not PO boxes, and may receive your mail and shipments, which they can then forward, scan, discard, shred or make available for pick-up.You may access your own digital mailbox either online or through our free mobile app.From our network of over 2,200 virtual PO box sites, you may select simply office buildings and workspaces or discounted overseas forwarding destinations to save up to 80% on international shipping from the United States.
Get A PO Box Address In The UK: Everything You Need To Know
PO Boxes in the United Kingdom are discussed in detail in this piece, including how much they cost and how to obtain a PO Box address.Already know you’ll need a post office box?For a Free UK PO Box Address, visit the UK Postbox website by clicking on the link provided.PO Boxes have been a component of the United Kingdom’s postal system for more than a century.In most cases, they are located in a Post Office or one of Royal Mail’s sorting facilities, and they allow you to have a separate, secure, and private mailing address from your principal house or place of work.PO Boxes are connected with privacy since they provide the owner with security at their place of residence or place of business.
Why would I need a PO Box?
There are a variety of reasons why individuals and businesses choose to use a PO Box address. Possessing a PO Box address allows you to conceal your physical location, allowing you to avoid unwelcome visitors and keep security no matter where you go. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular reasons for getting a PO Box:
Top 6 reasons for having a PO Box Address:
1.Confidentiality and professionalism are important for home-based enterprises.A large number of small enterprises that operate from home do not want their physical location to be made public.A PO Box provides them with additional safety and helps to prevent unwelcome people from showing up at their door.PO Boxes can also help these tiny companies appear more professional by providing a physical address.2 – To prevent unwelcome people from entering the office.
- It is no different for major corporations as it is for tiny corporations that they do not want consumers to show up at their offices without prior notification.
- Insurance companies, call centers, and huge law firms, to name a few, all use Post Office Box Addresses to conceal their physical location.
- Get a physical address in the United Kingdom, no matter where you are in the globe.
- You’d be astonished at the number of individuals who live in other countries yet require a physical address in the United Kingdom.
- Expats, in particular, frequently require a physical address in the United Kingdom once they leave their home country.
International firms might also profit from having a PO Box in the United Kingdom since it allows them to establish or expand their presence in the country.4.Maintain a mailing address in the United Kingdom while you are temporarily away.There are a large number of people that temporarily leave the United Kingdom, but what happens to their jobs while they are away?
Many people who go to the United Kingdom for work or pleasure will find themselves without access to crucial correspondence until they return home.PO Boxes, in conjunction with an online post management program, such as our own, allow users to continue receiving mail regardless of where they are physically.5.
A permanent address for persons who travel frequently or who are staying in temporary housing.A large proportion of the population moves home at least once a year, increasing the likelihood of vital posts being misplaced or worse, falling into the wrong hands, as a result of this.Renters are increasingly utilizing PO Boxes so that they may keep their postal address the same no matter where they relocate.Victims of abuse have the right to remain anonymous.
When it comes to people who are most vulnerable, privacy is, of course, of utmost significance.Victims of abuse might benefit from having a PO Box, as it helps keep them and their location safe from further harm.Our staff in the United Kingdom is always available to assist anyone who have been subjected to abuse in any manner.If you would want to have greater postal privacy, please contact us so that you may talk with a member of our staff in the tightest of confidentiality.Are you ready to receive your free Post Office Box Address?CHECK OUT THE PLANS
What’s the difference between a Royal Mail and a UK Postbox PO Box?
For many years, the Royal Mail has provided people and companies with post office boxes (PO Boxes); normally, their service provides you with a physical address at a sorting office, and you may choose whether to receive your mail or have it forwarded to you at a different address.The most significant distinction between UK Postbox’s PO Boxes and Royal Mail’s is flexibility; a UK Postbox PO Box allows you to view and control your mail online, whereas a Royal Mail PO Box does not.Our sophisticated mail app (which is included with all accounts and is free) allows you to view your post from anywhere and control it on an item-by-item basis, unlike Royal Mail, which only allows you to collect or forward your mail to a single place.When mail is delivered to your UK Postbox PO Box, we’ll notify you through email or a push notification from the mobile app, whichever you want.You may then log in from anywhere in the globe and read your messages online, have them forwarded to you, or have them saved for when you’re ready to receive them.After then, you may log in and tell us what you’d like us to do with the information.
- To make it easier for you, you may ask us to open and scan it so you can read it online; to forward it to you anywhere in the globe; or to keep it on file for when you’re ready to receive it.
- It’s a post office box that’s been upgraded to be more intelligent.
- In addition, our PO Boxes provide you with a physical address in one of the major cities in the United Kingdom.
- Traditionally, with Royal Mail, you would be required to visit your local sorting office; but, with us, you are not required to do so.
- You may choose from the following cities: London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff, Belfast, and Poole.
How much does a PO Box cost?
When renting a Royal Mail PO Box, the price will vary based on the service you pick. The lowest alternative, in which you pick up your mail at the post office, costs £215 per year on average. Would you like it sent to another UK address? The price then rises to £265 per annually after that. You might receive one letter or a hundred letters, and you’d just have to pay a single set charge.
How much does a PO Box cost with UK Postbox?
PO Box addresses from UK Postbox are completely free.Anyone, regardless of who they are or where they live in the globe, can register for a UK address and will only be required to pay when they begin to receive postal mail.The removal of the set yearly charge is part of our effort to make post office boxes as widely available as possible.This opens up the option of owning a PO Box to even people who only get a few letters each month.In reality, we have some users who only receive a few of letters every year, and who only use the service for the tiniest of tasks here and there.Despite the fact that it costs them next to nothing, they get all of the benefits.
Read and manage your post online from anywhere
To summarize, you receive a physical address in the United Kingdom, just as you would with Royal Mail, but with the extra benefit of being able to view and control your mail online, from any location in the globe, exactly as you would with Royal Mail.The value of our service is not so much in the physical PO Box address as it is in the ability to view your mail from any location at any time.As a result, we charge you according on the amount of mail you get.All of our plans include a free PO Box address as well as access to our Advanced Postal Management App.We offer five different options in total.The VAT rate in the United Kingdom is 20 percent, although you may not be required to pay this.
Perfect for up to ten letters each month; there is no monthly obligation; you only pay for the postage that you really get.
Letter 10 – £9.00 per month
A beginner package designed for customers who anticipate to receive up to ten letters each month as a result of their subscription.
Letter 25 – £12.00 per month
People who get up to 25 letters each month are eligible for this program.
Letter 50 – £21.00 per month
Plan for persons who get up to 50 letters each month in a high-volume environment.
Letter 100 – £36.00 per month
For customers who get up to 100 letters every month, we offer our highest volume letter subscription.
Not found a plan for you?
Please contact us for a customized quotation. Get a free Postal Box Address by filling out this form. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
How do I get a PO Box?
In the event that you are anticipating hundreds of letters and do not want internet access to your mail, you should visit the Royal Mail website, where you may sign up for their flat rate service.Join us if you require further flexibility, such as the ability to view your mail from any location and the advantage of being able to regulate forwarding on an item-by-item basis, and if you are interested in learning more.The sign-up procedure is quick and simple, and you’ll normally receive your new address within 24 working hours after completing the form.Please visit our price page first so that you may select the plan that best meets your needs.After that, please visit our online mail application, which we call ipostalmail.You’ll be prompted to choose a plan and provide information about yourself and your location, after which your account will be established.
- Finally, because we are subject to anti-money-laundering regulations, all of our clients must submit to an identity verification process.
- Depending on who you are (a business or a consumer), the process will differ slightly.
- To ensure you have everything you need, see our page on identity verification before you start your transaction.
- In order to make the procedure as seamless as possible, our identity verification staff is here to assist you.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the live chat option on the site, or visit the contact us page on the site and select your chosen mode of communication.
PO Box alternatives
You can be looking for an address to which you can route your mail, an official address for your company, or a street address in London, among other things.If a PO Box doesn’t quite meet your needs, please see the pages below for additional information on other types of addresses we have available.All of our addresses are equipped with our Advanced Mail Management App, which allows you to access and manage your mail from any location at any time.Reception Address for the Royal Mail Street Addresses in the City of London The address of the registered office Address for the Director’s Service Postal Address for Package Forwarding
The 411 on Getting (and Using) a Post Office Box
You can be looking for an address to which you can route your mail, an official address for your company, or a street address in London, depending on your needs and preferences.If a PO Box does not quite meet your needs, please see the links below for further information.You can view and manage your mail from any location at any time with our Advanced Mail Management App, which is included with all of our mailing addresses.Reception Address for Royal Mail Addresses in the streets of London.Postal Address for the Company’s Headquarters Address for the Directors’ Office Postal Address for Parcel Pickup
What is a Post Office Box?
A post office box is a lockable, personal box that you may rent from the United States Postal Service (USPS).They’re often positioned in the foyer of the building and are accessible with your key around the clock, so you can usually retrieve your mail even if the office is closed in the traditional sense.For the most part, PO boxes function in the same way as a normal mailbox, whether it’s located outside your home or in a cluster in an apartment complex.Each one has a unique ″address″ that others may use to send you mail or parcels, and every form of mail that could be sent to your home can also be delivered to the post office box in your neighborhood.Your PO box address, on the other hand, cannot be utilized for everything, such as completing company paperwork or substituting your street address on official papers, for example.
How Much Does a Post Office Box Cost?
A post office box typically costs between $19 and $75 per month for a leasing period of one year, according to Bankrate.Several factors influence the cost of your rental, including the length of time you want to keep the vehicle.These considerations include the position of the box (for example, you can expect to spend a lot more to rent in a population-heavy area like New York City than a less dense area like rural Ohio).A difference of hundreds of dollars a year can be made by changing the location of your post office box.If you are quoted a high fee at one post office location, it may be worthwhile to check at a few others that are still convenient for you before deciding where you want your box to be located.In addition to the size of your box (the larger the box, the more it will cost, of course), you need think about how long you will be renting it for and how much you will be paying per day.
- In most cases, post office boxes are rented for three or six months at a time, with longer rental terms averaging out to be more cost-effective than renting for shorter periods of time.
- The most expensive post office boxes—that is, the biggest boxes available for the longest leasing periods in the most expensive areas—can cost as much as $625 every pay period.
Post Office Box Sizes
There are five different standard sizes to choose from.Choosing the appropriate size for your mailbox is dependent on whether you wish to receive only mail or also packages, how frequently you intend to check the box, and if you intend to use it for all of your incoming mail or only portion of it.The five sizes that are offered are as follows: Extra Small (3′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Can hold up to 15 letter-sized envelopes or up to 2 rolled magazines in a single layer of protection.Small (5′′ x 5 1/2′′ x 14 3/4′′) — Holds 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines in a single compartment.Medium (11′′ x 5 1/2″ x 14 3/4′′) — This size is wide enough to accommodate big envelopes and magazines stacked flat.Large (11′′ x 11′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box can easily hold two shoeboxes and still have enough for 10-15 letters on the inside.
- Extra Large (22 1/2′′ x 12′′ x 14 3/4′′) — This box is large enough to hold Flat Rate Boxes and small shipments.
How to Get a Post Office Box
You have two alternatives for getting started with your rental, both of which are rather simple and easy.
Reserve a PO box online
- Enter the city, state, or zip code where you want to set up a post office box on this United States Postal Service page.
- Select the size of the unit you wish to rent
- Select the term of your rental agreement.
- Create an account, fill out an application for a post office box, and pay the monthly leasing price
- Print your completed application and bring it to the post office with you, together with a copy of your emailed receipt for the box and two pieces of identification, in order to obtain the keys to your PO box
Reserve a PO box at the post office
Obtain a copy of and complete an Application for Post Office Box Service (available here).2.Deliver the completed form to the USPS location that is most convenient for you.They’ll check your address and accept your money, and then you’ll be on your way.It doesn’t matter which option you choose; you’ll receive two keys for your post office box and will be required to pay a $3 non-refundable fee for each of them.If you misplace your keys, you will be charged a $20 replacement cost.
- There are some post office boxes that are only accessible by a combination lock, in which case you will not need to get keys; nonetheless, the same $20 cost will apply if you forget the combination code to your box lock.
Can You Get a Refund on a Post Office Box?
Obtain a copy of and complete an Application for Post Office Box Service (PDF) (available here).Bring the form to your nearest United States Postal Service branch office.Following that, they’ll verify your address and collect money before releasing you to continue.For each of the keys to your post office box, you’ll be required to pay a $3 non-refundable cost for each key, which will be applied to your account in any instance.Replacement keys are $20 if they are lost or stolen.It is possible to enter some post office boxes using a combination lock, in which case you will not need to purchase any key(s).
- However, the same $20 price will apply if you forget the combination code to your lock.
Why Get a PO Box
Consider the following: Why would you want to purchase a post office box when you could just get mail at home.There are a variety of advantages to using a PO box, including occasions where it may be more cost-effective than using the more traditional method.When you don’t want to share your home address with others.It is possible that you will not want to reveal your home address in a variety of situations, such as when you are communicating with somebody you do not know for business purposes.Using a post office address instead of your home address ensures that your home address remains confidential.When your mail is unreliable, it’s time to call.
- In the event that you’re having difficulties receiving your mail, whether it’s usually ending up at your neighbors’ house or in the next town over, or if you’ve experienced delays, a post office box may be the answer.
- The fact that it is placed right next to your local USPS means that you won’t have to wait for your mailman to drop it off—and you won’t have to worry about your mail ending up in the wrong hands.
Are There Drawbacks?
No, not at all.The convenience of having a PO box instead of a traditional mailbox, rather than just in addition to one, will be slightly less convenient than being able to simply pick up your mail at home—though this isn’t a major concern because most USPS locations are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week during standard business hours.The cost of owning a post office box is perhaps the most significant negative, because depending on what you want, it may not be inexpensive to do so.Considering that your mailbox at home is free to use (apart from the purchase of stamps), you’re effectively paying for a service that you might otherwise access for free.Having said that, if you’re acquiring a post office box for one of the reasons listed above, it’s usually worth the money to spend the extra money for it.
Premium PO Box Services
Looking to get a little more out of your post office box?Here’s how.Several USPS sites provide premium services, and in certain situations, you may even get them for free when you rent a vehicle from the company.Listed below are the two sorts of premium services that you might be interested in learning more about: Obtaining a physical street address for your mail box Having an actual street address rather than a post office box number allows you to utilize your post office box as your official postal address instead of a PO box.This is an excellent choice if you’re in the process of relocating or if you want to be able to receive packages from extra postal carriers such as FedEx or UPS at your mailbox.Having a signature on file is a good idea.
- A signature may be stored on file with your box at your local USPS facility, which means you won’t have to be there to sign for packages when they arrive or wait in line to sign for them later.
- Obtaining and utilizing a post office box may be accomplished by going to USPS.com/manage/po-boxes for further information and instructions.
How to Open or Rent a PO Box (Post Office Box)
It is possible that you will need an official P.O.Box if you move frequently, start a business, or prefer to receive your mail at the local post office.You may find this particularly useful if you are experiencing delivery issues at your street address, do not want to give out your home address to outsiders, or move regularly and want to maintain a consistent mailing address.Nursing students frequently have a post office box issued to them while they are in nursing school (which is often through a post office location).
Opening a P.O. Box: Overview
A Post Office box (sometimes known as a P.O.box) is a mailbox that you can rent from a post office facility in the United States.It is common for them to be small square boxes with dimensions ranging from 3 1/2 inches by 5 inches to 12 inches by 22 inches.″ These compact units are typically operated by a key, however some may be equipped with a combination lock or other sort of locking system.You can rent a post office box for a period of six months or one year.Each Post Office branch will have its own pricing structure, however prices can start as low as $28 for a six-month period (less than $5 per month) for the lowest size and can rise to hundreds of dollars for higher sizes (or for a caller service).A private mailbox service from a firm such as the UPS store or Mailboxes, for example, is typically far more expensive than renting a mailbox from an individual.
- In addition, many post office sites will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week in case you need to get to your mailbox at any time.
- It will look somewhat like this when you mail to a P.O.
- box: Your Name Postal Code XXXX Your city and state are XXXXXX.
How to Rent a P.O. Box
To rent a P.O.box, just go to the post office location where you would want to rent the unit and fill out the necessary paperwork.Post offices will often put up signs with the pricing for each size, as well as the number of units they currently have available.It is also recommended that you have at least two kinds of identification with you before you leave the house.Typically, a driver’s license, insurance card, library card, and other similar documents will be accepted as identification.When you are ready to open your Post Office mailbox, simply walk to the clerk and ask for assistance (probably after standing in line for several minutes, lol).
- Then you may request to have a P.O.
- box set up.
- You will be required to complete a little card (called a form PS 1093).
- This form may be found online at USPS.com under the P.O.
- box information section.
- To complete this form, you simply input your name, your company’s name (if you are using it for business purposes), and the names of any individuals who will be receiving mail at the address you have provided.
In addition, you will be required to provide information such as your home location, name, phone number, and so on.Remember that when you fill out this information on the form, your postal address will not be changed from your current location to the new place.It just enables you to receive fresh mail at the P.O.box if you want to send certain things (such as business correspondence) to that location.
Any mail that you wish to have sent to this P.O.box will need to be forwarded, or the address of the person or firm from whom you anticipate to receive mail at this new P.O.box will need to be updated with this new P.O.
box.If you fail to do so, mail will continue to be sent to your previous address (or home address).Following the completion of the form, the postal clerk will enter the information and provide you with a key.In most cases, a $1 deposit is required for the key.
There are no additional fees or charges outside the rental cost and key deposit.It is possible to get the lock changed (optional), and the cost is typically around $14.In addition, when purchasing a P.O.box, the postal office often takes credit cards, checks, or cash as payment.That’s all there is to it!That is all there is to it when it comes to renting a post office box.
- A speedy process with little documentation (typically simply a single index card) and a low cost are the hallmarks of this procedure.
- I have used both a post office box and a private mailbox service in the past (the UPS store).
- I would much like to use a post office box because it is lot simpler, requires less paperwork, and is around $10 less expensive per month for the same size rental box!
An easy and secure way to receive mail and parcels
Make a second address for yourself so that you can get your mail and online transactions. At your local post office, your locked PO box is always safe and accessible, and it is always handy. Some sites are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Begin by going to the post office.
Pricing and options
You may choose from five different box sizes, ranging from small for letters to xx-large for shipments and online shopping.Depending on the size of your Postal Box, the location (for example, metropolitan center or rural region), and the length of time you want to rent it, prices* might vary significantly (3, 6 or 12 months).The following terms and conditions apply.Prices for Postal Boxes may be seen here.
How to rent a post office box
- You’ll need the following items: a government-issued picture ID
- Payment of the rental fee and the key deposit are required.
- If you wish to rent a Postal Box on someone else’s behalf or pick up their mail, you’ll need a letter of consent from them.
Rent at a post office
- If you want to rent a Postal Box, go to your local post office.
- Specify your rental time and sign the Postal Box rental agreement, which includes all of the terms and regulations.
- If appropriate, you will be given two keys to your box as well as a key to the Postal Box lobby.
- Begin receiving mail at your Postal Box address, which you may then pick up whenever you like
Begin at a post office. *Prices are exclusive of taxes and are subject to change without notice without prior notice.
Forward mail to your new address
Make certain that all of your critical mail is delivered to your new address. In just a few simple steps, you may set up our handy Mail Forwarding TM service. Please forward your mail.
Send your purchase to a post office
Allow us to deliver your package to a handy post office near you at no additional charge. When you’re at work, buying a surprise gift, or living on campus, this is a great option. Configure FlexDelivery TM to your specifications.
Looking for the closest post office?
Across Canada, we have more than 6,200 post offices to serve you. Locate the one that is closest to you. Locate a post office.
News and stories
Canada Post has issued a Hanukkah stamp to commemorate the eight-day Festival of Lights.
History of Hockey
The Toronto Maple Leafs have been around for 100 years, according to Canada Post.
News and stories
News and stories
Canada Post has issued a Hanukkah stamp to commemorate the eight-day Festival of Lights.
History of Hockey
The Toronto Maple Leafs have been around for 100 years, according to Canada Post.
Mailboxes at The UPS Store
Start Right Away by Locating a Local Store.What’s the point of merely renting a mailbox?You’re too busy operating your business and living your personal life to worry about your mail, shipments, and deliveries, so leave it to us.A PO Box is no longer necessary when you can come into The UPS Store® and open a mailbox right away.We provide much more than simply a post office box with a key when you use our mailbox services.You will benefit from convenience, a safe facility for storing your mail and parcels, professionalism, and a variety of additional services that will help you manage your company and personal life more efficiently.
What’s the Difference?
- A post office box just provides you with a number, not an address.
- The mailbox services provided by the UPS Store provide you with a real street address.
- A post office box does not provide any further services.
- The UPS Store mailbox services are always accompanied by expert assistance from our staff.
- It is impossible to know when certain deliveries will arrive if you have a PO Box.
- You will receive a text message from the UPS Store mailbox services informing you of the arrival of your packages.
- A post office box is only available during business hours
- it is not available outside of business hours.
- The UPS Store mailbox services are available at a number of locations and are accessible 24 hours a day.
How to Get a PO Box Online or In Person
Finding out how to acquire a PO BoxTM is visiting your local Post OfficeTM or renting one online, determining your mailbox requirements, and then picking the appropriate size mailbox for you.It’s possible to have your mail forwarded to a USPS® Post Office Box if you’re moving out of your old home before your new one is ready, or if you’ll be residing in temporary locations between moves.Additionally, if you’re relocating to a location where you’ll want a more secure mailbox solution in order to avoid theft or tampering, a PO Box is a great alternative.Additionally, those who operate a business or who travel will benefit from understanding how to obtain a PO Box.In the case that you are absent from your residence on a regular basis, renting a PO Box at the local post office will prevent mail from stacking up in your residential box.Businesses gain from them because they know their mail is secure and that, if they are unable to check their mail everyday, there is no danger that it will be taken from their premises.
What is a PO Box?
PO Boxes, also known as post office boxes, are locked boxes with an address that are located at a local postal facility.PO Boxes are often rented from the post office for three, six, or twelve months at a time by businesses and individuals.If it is difficult for you to have your mail delivered directly to your house, a PO Box can assist you in ensuring that everything gets collected – in a safe and secure manner.To keep your house address secret while running a home business, you may have all of your mail delivered to your post office box, which you can then list as your company’s address on any correspondence.
How to get a PO Box, step by step
How to reserve a PO Box online:
- Step 1: Visit the United States Postal Service website to locate a PO Box that is accessible near you. To find and reserve a post office box in your location, click on ″Find & Reserve a PO Box″ and enter your zip code
- Step 2: Find the post office that is the most convenient for you. Following the selection of a location, select the size of the PO Box, the rental period (three, six, or twelve months), and the mode of payment you like
- The third step is to fill up your billing and contact information to complete your PO Box reservation.
- Step 4: Take a printout of your confirmation of reservation. Your online rental and payment details will be included in that confirmation. Take that written confirmation, as well as two pieces of identification, to your local post office to pick up your keys within 30 days after reserving your box.
How to apply for a PO Box in person:
- Step 1: Fill out PS Form 1093 completely. Printing this form ahead of time or picking one up at the post office are both acceptable options.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate box size. Determine which box size is acceptable on page one of the form, and then pick it on page three of the form
- Step 3: Drop the form off at the Post Office and make arrangements for payment
What will I need to complete the PO Box application?
A PO box reservation necessitates the presentation of proper identification when submitting an application in person or when confirming an online reservation. There are two lists of approved forms of identification; you must provide at least one form of identification from each list in order to be admitted. Your actual address must be listed on your secondary form of identification.
Primary forms of acceptable photo identification:
- Corporate identification
- Matricula Consular (Mexico)
- NEXUS (Canada)
- United States government identification
- United States university identification
Secondary acceptable forms of ID
- A trust deed, lease, or mortgage
- a Form I-94
- and other legal documents.
- Insurance coverage for your home or automobile
- Utility bill
- vehicle or voter registration card
- or other official documentation.
Does a PO Box cost money?
A trust deed, lease, or mortgage; a Form I-94; and other documents.
Insurance coverage for your home or car;
Utility bill; vehicle or voter registration card; or other official documentation
|Extra-Small Box||Small Box||Medium Box||Large Box||Extra-Large Box|
|$34||$48||$83||$118||Not available at the location.|
- In addition, there are other fees: The cost of a key deposit is $4
- the cost of key duplication or replacement is $8
- the cost of late payment or lock replacement is $23.
Are there different PO Box sizes?
There are five various types of post office boxes available for rent, depending on how much mail you get on a daily basis.For example, if you own a firm that gets a significant quantity of parcels, the extra-large size may be the ideal option.However, if you’re a resident who doesn’t get a lot of mail, the extra-small size can be sufficient for your purposes.Sizes available are as follows:
|Box Size||Dimensions||Can hold:|
|Extra-small||3″ x 5.5″||10-15 letters or two rolled magazines|
|Small||5″ x 5.5″||10-15 letters or five rolled magazines|
|Medium||5.5″ x 11″||Large envelopes and magazines stacked flat|
|Large||11″ x 11″||Up to two shoeboxes with additional room for 10-15 letters|
|Extra-large||12″ x 22.5″||Multiple parcels and flat rate boxes|
PO Box pros and cons
- Advantages and disadvantages The delivery time is predictable
- Permanent mailing address
- professional mailing address
- secure mail pick-up
- and more services.
- Limited space
- if you are unable to pick up your mail on a regular basis, the box will overflow.
- Your mail is your responsibility
- you are responsible for picking up your mail.
- If you are a small business working from your home, you will be unable to provide a professional address listing unless you have a Post Office Box.
- Some sites may not provide access to the lobby 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The bottom line
When you discover how to obtain a post office box, the first step is to establish whether or not boxes are available in your area of residence.After that, determine what size box you require and if you wish to submit an application online or in person for it.You may rent boxes for three, six, or twelve months at a time, with the opportunity to set up monthly payment plans that are renewable.When renting a box, you must provide two kinds of identification, one of which must include your photo and the other which must provide your actual address.
Other frequently asked questions
You must first discover whether or not there are any available post office boxes in your area before you can learn how to obtain a mail box.Determine what size box you require and whether you wish to submit your application online or in person next.There are three-, six-, and 12-month durations available for rental, with the opportunity to set up renewable payment plans at the end of each period.When renting a box, you must provide two kinds of identification, one of which must include your photo and the other which must include your actual location.
How to Get a PO Box
Obtaining a post office box is a rather straightforward procedure. Traditionally, you had to travel to your local post office to get a PO Box. This is no longer true. However, the United States Mail Service (USPS) has made the procedure simpler by allowing you to reserve a postal box online. In three simple steps, we’ll teach you how to acquire a PO Box without any problems.
Step 1. Pick a PO Box Location and Size
Before you can obtain a PO Box, you must first determine where you want your PO Box to be situated and how large you want your mailbox to be depending on the amount of mail you expect to receive each month.
PO Box Location
It is necessary to specify where you want your PO Box to be positioned as well as the size of your mailbox in order to accommodate your anticipated monthly mail delivery before you can obtain a PO Box.
PO Box Size
- What is the size of a post office box? PO Boxes are offered in five different sizes across the United States Postal Service. However, not every Post Office is equipped with every size. The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides post office boxes in a variety of sizes. X One-third of the size is one-third of the length and one-third of the width. Small size one-third of the length and one-third of the width and one-third of the height and width.
- Two-inch by five-inch envelope (about 5″ × 5.5″) – It can often hold 10-15 letters or up to five folded magazines
- Medium size 3 – 11″ x 5.5″ – The medium size is broad enough to allow for the stacking of big envelopes and periodicals
- Large dimension 4 – 11″ x 11″ – This PO Box can easily accommodate two shoeboxes and still have enough for 10-15 letters
- X This is the biggest size available for Flat Rate Boxes and shipments
- it is 22.5″ x 12″ in dimensions.
Choosing the appropriate size for your mailbox is highly dependent on how much mail you receive, what sort of mail you receive, and how frequently you pick up your mail. Based on certain data and a little additional padding, we estimate that the average mailbox receives less than 6 pieces of mail every week on average.
General Guidelines For Picking a PO Box Size
- How much mail you receive, what sort of mail you receive, and how frequently you pick up your mail all influence the size of your mailbox. A normal mailbox receives less than 6 pieces of mail every week, we estimate, based on certain data and a little additional padding.
You may always start with a modest mail box and then upgrade to a larger one as your needs change.The United States Postal Service, on the other hand, does not appreciate it when your mailbox is overflowing.If your mailbox overflows on a regular basis, they will contact you and urge you to relocate to a larger box.Transferring from one box to another is not worth the trouble.If a PO Box isn’t right for you because you expect more mail and parcels than the sizes specified, another option is to utilize a virtual mailbox, which is less expensive and more convenient.Continue reading to see how a virtual mailbox might alleviate the overflow and transit issues that can arise when using a physical mailbox.
- Get a virtual mailbox instead of a physical post office box to save time and headaches.
How Much is a PO Box?
The cost of a PO Box varies based on the location and the size of the container.Getting a mail box in an area where there is less demand for the box will result in a lower price.You may check PO Box cost and availability online at the United States Postal Service.The minimum rental duration for a PO Box is three months; however, you can pay for a PO Box rental for as long as a year if you like.If you decide to terminate your PO Box rental before the rental time is over, you will get a refund for the portion of the rental period that has been utilized in three-month increments.For example, if you rent a PO Box for 6 months and decide to cancel your mailbox during the second month, you will receive a reimbursement for the final three months of your rental period.
Step 2. Get a PO Box
A post office box may be obtained once you have determined the location and size of your business.When it comes to getting a PO Box, you have two alternativ