In This Post
- Be certain they’ll love it.
- Don’t use frequent flyer numbers in the booking.
- Use an incognito browser.
- Don’t use their points.
- Think about the ‘extras’
- Be careful of what the trip will really cost them.
- Consider gift certificates.
- Wrap it up in a creative way.
Villa/Vacation Rental – getting one big house with one big kitchen/living room is a great way to spend quality time with the family.
How to give a vacation gift?
You may also include an image of the hotel or home rental the person will be staying at in the gift. Surprise the person with the trip. One way to give the vacation gift in a fun way is to surprise the person with the trip.
How to give a trip as a gift to a friend?
Stick with a theme. One of the easiest ways to give a trip as a gift is to give some accessories that one may need for the trip along with the announcement. For example: Wrap up a swimsuit and sunscreen for a trip to the beach. Give some new snow gloves and a hat for a ski trip.
How do you gift wrap a vacation to a friend?
Put a description of the vacation in a card. One way you can “wrap” the vacation trip is to write a description of the vacation in a card. Then, you can give the person the card so they can read about their gift.
What do you put in a gift card for a trip?
Or if the destination is Paris, you may include macaroons and a statue of the Eiffel Tower in a gift box. Include the travel tickets in the gift. For a more straight-forward option, include the travel tickets in the card so the person sees them when they open the card.
How do you wrap a vacation gift?
Create a few simple clues about what your gift is and wrap up the first one. When they open it, it should lead them to the 2nd clue (hidden somewhere in the house), then a 3rd and 4th clue. The final one can be an envelope with the tickets or an item that represents the gift.
How do you surprise a trip?
Here’s how to plan your surprise trip:
- Step 1: Clear Your Schedules.
- Step 2: Decide Where to Go.
- Step 3: Plan for Fun Activities.
- Step 4: Scope Out the Best Places To Eat.
- Step 5: Pack Your Bags.
- Step 6: Decide How You Will Reveal.
How do you give a hotel as a gift?
Simply pick a travel gift card for that hotel and you can be rest assured that your thoughtful gesture will be most appreciated. You can find out by asking a few key questions and then the rest is going to be easy. For some of us, variety is the spice of life so maybe picking a new destination is the best way to go.
How can I surprise my significant other with a trip?
9 Steps to Plan a Surprise Trip for Your Spouse or Significant Other
- Start Planning Well in Advance.
- Find a Few Helping Hands.
- Create a New Email Address.
- Use a Payment Option That You Don’t Share.
- Find Out Your Partner’s Free Time.
- Pick a Budget for Your Trip.
- Pick a Special Destination.
Is a vacation a good Christmas gift?
More families are giving vacations and other experiences as gifts because it’s a gift that you can enjoy when you unwrap it, when you take the trip, and then for a lifetime through priceless family memories.
How do you gift wrap a magazine subscription?
- Purchase a magazine subscription.
- Print your free printable card on white cardstock paper.
- Cut a piece of ribbon to tie your printable card around the magazine.
- Use a hole puncher to cut out a hole into the printable card and loop your ribbon through for a cute bow. That’s it!
How can I surprise my boyfriend with vacation?
Surprise Trip Reveals
- Dress up as if you are in your vacation spot.
- Nothing says exciting like a good ole scavenger hunt.
- Hand them a marked up travel guide of the future destination of places you’re going to see!
- Cook a meal that is local to the area you’ll be visiting.
How do you plan a secret holiday?
- Choose the dates. When planning a surprise holiday, the first thing to do is decide the dates of the vacation.
- Create your budget.
- Choose a destination.
- Take the lead.
- Choose the hotel/s.
- Book the flights.
- The extras.
- How to reveal a birthday surprise trip.
How do you reveal a surprise present?
6 unique ways to reveal your gift
- THE HUNT. Instead of handing over a gift-wrapped box, give your friend or partner a clue that leads them to where the gift is.
- THE FAKE-OUT. It can be boring to be handed a wine-bottle-shaped gift that turns out to be just that.
- THE DISCOVERY.
- THE TROJAN HORSE.
- THE SURPRISE.
- THE STRANGER.
Is there such a thing as a hotel gift card?
Hotels.com Gift Cards are the perfect gift for any occasion. Choose from over 150,000 hotels, including major chains, resorts, and boutiques, in over 200 countries. Our gift cards don’t have expiration dates or fees, and can be used to pay for any or all of your stay.
How do you wrap a Christmas vacation?
Go big with a box filled with helium balloons or beach balls. Fill a stocking with different items that give clues as to the location. Wrap a piece of twine or yarn all around the room or house (or yard) that the recipient has to follow to get to the trip at the end.
How do you gift a trip to Hawaii?
If you have a family member or friend about to take a trip to paradise, here are some useful and silly ideas for a Hawaii-themed gift.
- Hotels.com Gift Card.
- Disney-Inspired Hawaiian Jewelry.
- Shaka Guide – Audio Tour Guide.
- Goodr Sunglasses.
- Sandcloud Beach Towel.
- Iron Flask Water Bottle.
- Hawaii Hat.
How do I spoil my wife on vacation?
Here are five easy ways to spoil your spouse:
- Pick Up Her Portion of the Chores.
- Surprise Your Wife with Random Gifts.
- Tell Your Wife How Much You Appreciate Her.
- Spend Quality Time Together.
- Show Her Some Love and Affection.
How can I surprise my husband after a long trip?
20 Fun Ways to Surprise Your Husband
- Create a music video for him.
- Give him a ‘just because’ gift.
- King for a day.
- Dedicate a song to him on the radio.
- Make a love trail.
- Exchange an obligation for a date.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.
- Turn your husband gratitude list into a keepsake.
How can I surprise my husband with weekend getaway?
How to Plan a Surprise Getaway for Your Husband or Wife
- Find a trusted babysitter If you’ve got children, you’ll need someone to watch them.
- Choose a date Make it soon!
- Plan your destination I suggest going somewhere within a couple hours from home.
- Come up with a cover story Every surprise getaway needs a cover story.
Where can I find a cheap vacation package?
Travelocity has some of the best deals on vacation packages. Bundle your flight and hotel together to save on your next vacation!
What is the best vacation package?
How to book an amazing cheap vacation package?
– Priceline’s “Name Your Own Price” Option. When using Priceline, you can enter the day you’d like to fly (or the day you’d like to stay at a hotel) and the – Hotwire’s “Hot Deals.” Much like Priceline, Hotwire is able to offer discounts if you’re willing to book a hotel, flight, or car without knowing the brand name. – Travel Auctions.
How to Give a Vacation Trip As a Gift
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded A vacation trip may be a wonderful gift for a friend, family member, spouse, or any special someone in your life.
- Someone’s birthday, holiday, or anniversary may be the perfect occasion to offer them a vacation as a gift.
- To give someone a memorable vacation present, begin by organizing the trip and packaging it in a colorful and unusual manner.
- Once the trip has been purchased, you may offer it to the individual so that they can enjoy their holiday in an interesting location.
- 1 Establish a financial budget.
- Before you start organizing your vacation, think about how much money you want to spend on the present.
- How much money do you have to spend on a present for your holiday trip?
- Consider if you can afford to pay only for the plane ticket, several plane tickets, or lodgings in addition to the plane ticket.
- Make a solid estimate of how much money you have available to spend on the present and go from there.
- Take, for example, the possibility that you will be able to spend $500 on the present, which would cover flight expenditures but not lodging for two people.
- Alternatively, you may be able to spend $1000 on the present, which will cover the cost of one person’s airfare and accommodations.
- 2 Decide on a final destination. Begin by deciding where you would want to send this person’s gift as a starting point. Perhaps the individual has always talked of spending a beach vacation in Mexico, or they have always wanted to go to another country to see a distant cousin. You may select to choose a place that will allow the individual to realize a longtime desire or a location that they have expressed an interest in visiting in the past. Consider the following question: ″Where would this individual like traveling to?″ You might also choose a location that you believe they would love visiting, such as a tropical location or a location in Europe, and tell them about it. Other options include selecting a place such as Disneyland or Graceland if you believe the recipient would like visiting there
- another option is to leave the destination field blank and let the recipient to select their own destination after the gift is delivered to them. You might set aside a specific amount of money for the present and inform the recipient that they are free to travel wherever they choose within that budget
- Promotional material
- 3 Decide on the trip dates ahead of time. You will need to choose the travel dates for the individual before you can book the vacation trip for them. In the event that you are unsure of when the individual will be able to take the trip, you may want to consider using flex dates, which allow you to adjust the travel dates if required. For another option, you may schedule the trip dates for when you know the individual will be available, such as spring break, summer vacation, or holiday vacation. If you decide to book a trip with certain travel dates, be certain that the individual will be available for travel on those dates before purchasing the trip. It is possible that you may need to verify with the person’s partner or family to ensure that they are available. Another option is to casually inquire of the individual about whether or not they have any free time in the near future for travel in order to confirm the trip dates for the present.
- 4 Locate suitable lodgings. Accommodations may be included as part of the vacation trip gift, if that is your preference. It will be necessary to find lodgings at the location during certain trip dates if this is within your financial capabilities. Consider staying in a hotel or using a home-sharing service such as Airbnb to locate lodging options. Look for a hotel or house rental in the location that is close to the must-see attractions in the region before making your reservation. If the trip is taking place in a resort, you may not need to bother about making arrangements for accommodations
- you may not need to make arrangements for rooms if the person can stay with friends or relatives at the location. Consider the following scenario: If you are giving the individual the gift of a vacation to see a friend in England, you may not have to worry about paying for their lodgings because they will be staying with their buddy.
5 Confirm that the vacation trip is an acceptable present for the recipient.Before you offer someone a vacation trip, you should consider whether or not it is suitable for you to give them the vacation trip.For example, it may not be suitable for you to offer a vacation trip as a present to a coworker or to someone you do not know well.You should think about whether the present is too extravagant or expensive to give to someone you are only recently starting to know or who you have only recently became friends with before proceeding.
If you are purchasing the holiday trip for a relative, such as your niece or nephew, you should check with their parents to ensure that it is acceptable for them before presenting it to them.″Do you think they would appreciate a vacation as a gift?″ they should inquire of their parents.in the form of ″Does it make sense to offer them a vacation as a gift?″
5 Confirm if the holiday trip is a suitable present for the occasion.It is important to consider whether or not it is proper for you to offer someone the gift of a vacation trip before you do so.If you offer a vacation trip to a coworker or to someone you do not know well as a present, it may not be suitable for you to do so.When purchasing a present for someone you are just getting acquainted with or who has recently become a friend, you should examine if the gift is excessively extravagant or pricey.
If you are purchasing the holiday trip for a relative, such as your niece or nephew, you should check with their parents to ensure that it is okay for them before presenting it.″Do you think your parents would like a vacation as a gift?″ you should inquire of them.in the form of ″Does it make sense to offer them a vacation as a present?″
1 Fill out a card with information about your vacation.One approach to ″wrap″ your holiday trip is to write a summary of the vacation in a card and mail it to yourself.After that, you may present the card to the recipient so that they can learn more about their gift.Including a hand drawn map of the vacation destination and what they will be doing while there will give the recipient a sense of where they are going and what they will be doing while they are there.
Don’t forget to add the trip dates on your business card as well.For example, you may put in the card, ″Thank you.″ ″You will be traveling to sunny California by aircraft for several hours till you reach your closest buddy in San Francisco, where you will stay for a few days before returning home.You’ll be on the road from the 5th to the 15th, just in time to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday on the 15th!″
A box containing a hint to the location of the treasure Include a clue in the present packaging so that the recipient has to guess where they are going on their trip in order to make it more enjoyable.You could put the hint in a box and give it to the individual, or you could put a little clue in an envelope and send it with the card.For example, if the card’s intended recipient is in England, you may put a little red telephone booth figure in the card.Alternatively, if the recipient is traveling to Paris, you might put macaroons and a figurine of the Eiffel Tower in a gift box as well.
3 Include the tickets for the trip in the package.Include the trip tickets in the card so that they are visible to the recipient when they open the card for a more straightforward solution to the problem.Alternatively, you may place the trip tickets in a box that has been wrapped so that the recipient can open it and get their present.If you have already purchased airline tickets or rail tickets for the trip and want to include them in the present, this may be the best choice for you to consider.
Include a picture of the hotel or vacation rental that the recipient will be staying at in the gift as an additional touch.
1 Take the individual by surprise with the journey.One entertaining approach to offer a vacation gift is to take the recipient by surprise with the trip itself.You may put the trip information on a card and place it under the person’s pillow so that they would find it when they wake up.Alternatively, you might place the card wherever the recipient would see it, such as under the Christmas tree or among their stack of birthday presents.
If you decide to surprise someone with a trip, make every effort to keep the details of the trip a secret.Others who are aware of the trip should be instructed not to share any information with the recipient so that they may be surprised when they ultimately receive their gift.
2 Ask the person to guess where they are going.Another entertaining alternative is to ask the individual to estimate the location based on a hint or a set of clues that have been provided.You may wrap multiple hints in a single package and have the individual unwrap them one at a time to figure out where they are headed.You are not permitted to hand out the travel tickets until the passenger correctly guesses the destination..
For example, you may inform the individual, ″Make use of these hints to figure out where you’re headed.The trip tickets will be handed over to you once you have made the correct guess.″
3 Arrange for the recipient to receive the present in a certain location.If you want to make the person’s present opening experience unforgettable, you can take them to a special location.The environment might be related to your holiday trip or it could just be a location that you and the other person like visiting.You may then choose to have the recipient unwrap the present in the setting to make the occasion even more memorable.
When presenting a gift of a vacation to Morocco, you may want to take them to a Moroccan restaurant so that they may open their gift while still in the country.Alternatively, if you and the individual have a favorite park bench that you visit on a regular basis, you may have the recipient receive their vacation trip present on this bench.
- Question Add a new question Question Please let me present it to my favorite English professor. No, it would not be proper to offer a gift to a teacher in this situation.
- Question I’ve planned a birthday holiday for a pal to celebrate her milestone birthday. She had earlier informed me that no one would be celebrating her 60th birthday. Now I’ve gotten an invitation to a party that will take place out of town. What should I do in this situation? Mystery899 Answer from the Community In case you need to go on a weekend break with your friend, you might refuse the invitation to travel out of town.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 50,921 times so far.
Giving Gifts of Experience
It is commonly recognized that giving experiences instead of tangible presents is a good alternative to giving material gifts.Hasn’t anybody ever pondered how to offer someone the experience of a lifetime as a present while keeping it exciting and enjoyable to open?For years, members of our family have given each other travels as gifts, incorporating a variety of various ideas into the process.A vacation as a present may be far more enjoyable than just handing someone an envelope with plane tickets (although that is a good place to start).
I wanted to give some suggestions for giving a vacation as a present in a way that makes both the gift-giving experience and the trip itself a lot more enjoyable.
Make opening the gift an experience of it’s own.
When giving a vacation as a present, one of the most difficult aspects is making the gift itself enjoyable to unwrap.Especially on a holiday when there are high expectations, such as Christmas morning, you want your children to be overjoyed with their gifts rather than perplexed as to why they simply received a piece of paper informing them that they are leaving town.With a little imagination, you can turn the act of present unwrapping into a unique and memorable event.Consider the wrapping process as a game or a puzzle.
Some suggestions for this are as follows:
- Wrap the items in numerous boxes made of different papers.
- Organize the event like a treasure hunt with clues.
- Take it to the next level with a box full of helium balloons or beach balls.
- Fill a stocking with a variety of objects that provide hints as to the placement of the gift
- Wrap a length of twine or yarn around the room or home (or yard) that the receiver will have to follow in order to reach to the destination at the conclusion of the journey
You want the kids (or a friend, spouse, or partner) to think that the actual opening of the present is a joyful, unique, and magical event! You can make this happen by following these steps. It will make the gift-opening experience feel more memorable even if you aren’t departing for your vacation immediately away.
Stick with a theme.
In order to make it easy for someone to give you a trip as a gift, consider including some travel accessories that they may need for their trip with the announcement. As an illustration:
- Preparing for a trip to the beach requires a swimsuit and sunscreen.
- Send new snow gloves and hats to accompany them on a ski excursion
- Spend the money on a couple Disney tee shirts and mouse ears (for a lot less than you would pay at the park) and package them to advertise your upcoming vacation to Disneyland.
- Obtain some food or beverages from the region or city in order to publicize the trip
- If you can’t think of anything else to give as a vacation present, an instax tiny camera is a terrific last-minute solution.
Learn about the location.
If you are giving a trip as a present, another interesting option is to include some guide books, DVDs, or other products that will educate your recipient about the destination before you go.It is always more enjoyable to study about a new area before visiting it, and it typically enhances the whole experience significantly.Preparing for some learning ahead of time may greatly enhance the enjoyment of the present!If you won’t be departing on your vacation for a long, a fun option to complete this task is to make a paper chain that counts down from the departure date to the departure date.
It is possible to include events or adventures that will assist you in learning more about the trip each week until you go, therefore making your present even more meaningful and long-lasting.
Our Family Christmas
We offered the kids a vacation to Italy for Christmas last year, but they didn’t get to go until Spring Break, which was months after Christmas!We used all three of the suggestions above to make Christmas morning more exciting for the children in our family (without buying any material gifts, as we were still finishing a year of not buying stuff.) Treats that can be consumed First, we went out and purchased a variety of Italian meals to be packaged into various boxes.After that, we created a treasure hunt that began with the first present box and a hint to the next one, and so on throughout the evening.The youngsters were giddy with anticipation as they followed each clue and unwrapped each unique tiny Italian delicacy.
We took the youngsters back to the Christmas tree, where we had hidden a large package, after they had scavenged about the house looking for the hidden clues.They discovered some Italian pasta and sauce for a large, real Italian lunch, as well as a paper chain counting down the days until we would ″GO TO ITALY AS A FAMILY!″ in the last box.Paper Chain is a type of chain made of paper.
The chain contained one link for each day until we left, with red links on Mondays and blue links on the other days.We had devised a family project that we would complete each Monday night for family night that would teach us something new about Italy.With three weeks left until our trip, we’ve already done things like: eat Napoli-style pizza, watch Italian opera, learn some Italian words, visit the Art Museum to look for Italian artists, celebrate the success of Italian teams at the Olympics, make Italian sodas, learn about Italian geography, and watch a cartoon in Italian.We’ll continue to do things like this until our trip is over.We have yet to go on a road trip to look for Italian-inspired architecture in our city, eat gelato, or learn about Italian fashion before we pack up and head out of the country.
Experiences that are ongoing The kids had a fantastic Christmas morning, receiving their gifts, which included a treasure hunt, clues, goodies, and this fascinating paper chain as a part of the festivities.As a result of the gift, we have continued to benefit from it each week as we learn, play, and experience new things together in order to prepare for the journey that is still ahead of us!I hope these suggestions help you think of creative ways to offer someone you care about a vacation as a present in a memorable and enjoyable way.We’ll never forget the wonderful times we had!
You might also like:
Making Travel a Priority in Your Life This year’s Christmas is a magical and minimal affair. Here are 50 gifts of experience and family traditions to give to your loved ones on every holiday of the year.
The Best Way to Give the Gift of Travel
Don’t know what to get someone for the holidays? Here are some suggestions. What about giving the gift of travel to someone you care about? These are memories that will last a lifetime, and they may be created with little financial outlay.
In order to avoid confusion, it is advisable not to hand someone a ticket and say, ″What a pleasant surprise!Here’s something to look forward to.Enjoy!″ If they don’t like the place or are unable to go within the scheduled dates, the gift will be rendered ineffective.Even if it’s only a simple question of changing dates, most airlines will charge a change fee of up to $200 for domestic flights and $750 for international flights, depending on the carrier.
The no-surprise technique is the best way to offer a vacation because it allows you and the receiver to decide on where to go and when to go; then you serve as the travel agent by putting everything together.Don’t be concerned, it’s not difficult.
Nail Down the City and Travel Period
- Following approval, begin evaluating fares as soon as feasible
- typically, the cheapest flights are reserved for those who shop early in the process. There are a number of tools available that provide destination pricing based on the month or season. Winter is an excellent season to travel since it offers the most affordable tickets. Here’s an example of what round-trip airfares were like in December of this past year: Flights from Boston to Cancun cost $285
- from Chicago to Miami cost $110
- from Dallas to Los Angeles cost $267
- from Denver to Jamaica cost $400
- and from New York to Prague cost $674.
Over the past several years, we’ve seen that fares to destinations like Boston and Denver are often reasonable all year round (yes, even for skiers in winter).This is mostly due to the existence of low-cost airlines in those locations, which has contributed to the increase in tourism.Frontier Airlines is situated in Denver, whereas JetBlue has a hub in Boston; both cities are stops on Spirit Airlines’ ultra-low-cost flight.Other ″usually inexpensive″ places might change from year to year.
On a regular basis, we find great offers on flights to and from Miami and Ft.Lauderdale, as well as Dublin and Scandinavian destinations.Deal-finding software will also assist you in locating the greatest deals available in your city.
Learn the Best Times to Travel
- But you don’t want to break the bank in order to provide a vacation to a world-famous worldwide city? Traveling in the winter is recommended once more. Because most people do not want to travel during those periods, the first large deal zone of the year occurs around January 7. Deal zones are affordable because most people do not want to travel during those times. Prices are being cut in order to increase demand. Take a look at these round-trip flights to Paris for the months of January and February in 2021: From Chicago, it costs $456
- from Los Angeles, it costs $629
- and from New York, it costs $283.
European discounters such as Wow Air, Norwegian Air, and Icelandair provide some of the finest rates to Paris and other destinations; nevertheless, it is wise to check costs while purchasing because the major American airlines may offer some of the most competitive pricing. (For related information, read about the best travel days to obtain the best deals on airline tickets.)
Look for Package Deals
- Package offers for typical resort locations such as Hawaii and Las Vegas are frequently available from several airlines, which include flights and hotel accommodations. Identifying them begins with confirming which airlines travel to your location
- visit an airfare comparison website and build a list of all the airlines that fly there. Then, follow these airlines on social media or sign up for their newsletters to be the first to know about package offers and other specials as they become available. If you notice a package that you like, you should do two things before purchasing it: See if the hotel matches your expectations by consulting your favorite customer-feedback website (e.g., Yelp)
- Afterwards, inquire as to whether the airline breaks down the package so that you can determine how much the trip will cost and how much the hotel will cost.
If you are able to calculate the individual expenses, you should look for a cheaper flight and hotel separately to see if you can locate a better bargain. If your search yields a better value, you should forego the airline package in favor of a do-it-yourself arrangement. In addition, hotel costs are often low during off-peak travel seasons.
Buy the Gift
Many airlines provide gift cards in a variety of amounts; you may also be able to purchase electronic vouchers from some of these companies.This type of gift may be found on the airlines’ websites, however you may also see Southwest gift cards marketed by retailers such as Amazon and Walmart.Here’s an even better idea: write a message and insert it inside of another present, such as a brand new carry-on bag, to make the recipient feel appreciated.The message might state that you and the receiver will be on a trip together and that travel arrangements should be made as soon as possible.
When it comes time to pay, use a credit card that is associated with your airline (if you are flying that carrier) or any card that would reward you with miles or points simply for completing the transaction.Finally, and most importantly, have a safe and enjoyable journey!To be clear, Rick Seaney is the CEO and co-founder of FareCompare and also writes a weekly blog for Investopedia.
The opinions expressed by columnists are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Investopedia or its affiliates.
It’s officially the holiday season at Pack Up + Go!
Do you know what that means? It’s time to celebrate all of the wonderful people in your life with the greatest gift of all— a Surprise Trip! That’s right, Pack Up + Go allows you to give vacation packages to your loved ones.
Whether you’re looking for gifts for him, gifts for her, gifts for them, or even a fun family trip idea, look no further than a Surprise Trip with Pack Up + Go! Find out how below:
Juliana Strickler is the author of this piece.
That’s right, you can now give the gift of Surprise Travel this season with one of our gift cards! Starting at $100, Pack Up + Go’s digital gift cards can be emailed directly to yourself or a loved one. A gift card can reduce or completely cover the cost of your trip- which is perfect for anyone looking to save money this holiday season!
Since our gift cards are digital, you can print them out for a fun addition to any holiday card. Want to make your gift card extra festive? Well, you’re in luck! Pack Up + Go has pre-made printable PDF templates for every occasion!
2. Double up with a vacation-themed gift
What’s better than one Surprise Travel-related gift? Two Surprise Travel-related gifts! If you’re getting a gift card, we suggest doubling the fun with a vacation-themed present for twice the holiday cheer.
Pack Up + Go’s adorable merch pairs perfectly with the news of a Surprise Trip. How about a guided travel journal for the creative in your life? They can fill it out while exploring an entirely new city with the help of us at Pack Up +Go. You could even pack a box with themed goodies along with your gift card- car snacks for your Road Trip, plane activity books for your Plane Trip, local maps and small business treats for your Staycation, etc.
3. Keep it a total surprise!
Did you know that you have the option to make your gift a total surprise? You heard us right. If you’re really here to put the “Surprise” in “Surprise Travel”, we have you covered. If you want to plan a trip based on your and your co-traveler’s interests, you can fill out the Pack Up + Go Pre-Trip Survey with them in mind without letting them in on the secret! You have the option during your Pre-Trip Survey to click a checkbox that says, “Please don’t email or contact this traveler.” That lets our Team know not to send any updates to your loved one’s inbox or address – and to only send updates to you. That way you can keep your trip a secret surprise until you both embark on your mystery getaway!
This holiday season, treat your loved ones to an unforgettable surprise trip using these tips guaranteed to increase holiday cheer.
Why not celebrate with an unforgettable getaway with Pack Up + Go?
For a truly magical holiday gift, sign up here!
Have any questions? Comment below
Travel Gifts and Experiences
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with anything.Stuff may provide nourishment, keep us warm or cold, link us with our loved ones, and make us appear attractive—or, at the very least, more attractive.According to a Cornell University research published last year, however, it is experiences that make us happier than material possessions.The fact that doing things, rather than owning things, provides the most long-lasting happiness is simply one of many such discoveries.
Consequently, this Christmas season, instead of purchasing someone a device, try gifting them with a vacation.Rather than opting for a scarf, consider taking a vacation.Travel creates memories that will last a lifetime, and it allows your friends and family to develop as a result of the new sights, tastes, scents, and experiences they encounter.
Furthermore, they will not be required to locate storage space for it.I’m not sure where to begin.We’ve gathered some ideas to get you started, as well as some pointers to ensure that you get it properly the first time.
Planes, Trains, and Ferraris
Everything from a basic cab ride to a luxury aircraft excursion may be enhanced with a ribbon. planes-trains-ferraris-UPGRADE1215.jpg
The newcomers Surf Air and OneGo offer unlimited flights for a set charge if you have someone on your West Coast shopping list who is constantly on the go.Surf Air provides private jet transportation; at the time of publication, the firm served the cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Carlsbad, and Truckee in California, as well as Las Vegas.Prices start at $1,750 per month for a one-bedroom apartment.Subscriptions to OneGo allow you to take advantage of commercial flights in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona for as little as $1,500 a month.
Airline Gift Cards
Gift cards are available from nearly all of the major airlines; you can purchase them directly from the airlines as well as from numerous supermarkets and large box retailers.It is also possible to have your package delivered electronically; with United Airlines, this is the only choice.Keep in mind that gift cards can’t normally be used for upgrades, baggage fees, or other costs, so they’re better suited for bigger sums than smaller ones.(The denominations of the cards vary; for example, Southwest cards are available in any amount up to $1,000.) Furthermore, some firms restrict the amount of cards that may be redeemed at the same time.
A more extravagant present would be a whole airplane to oneself.The NetJets fleet, which varies from short-hop Cessnas to Bombardier Global 6000s capable of zipping from Boston to Cape Town, is accessible with the Marquis Jet Card, which is available for purchase.The cards are available in 25-hour increments, with prices beginning at $150,000.The price does not include fuel surcharges and other costs, and there are limits on some days during peak hours.
There are additional gift alternatives available on trains and vehicle services.Amtrak (amtrak.com) sells gift vouchers ranging from $50 to $1,000 (for a $5 processing charge).However, there is one catch: they may only be redeemed at a ticket counter.Even Uber offers gift certificates that can be used to hire a car in any of the 60 countries that the company operates in.
On the other hand, Gotham Dream Cars, which has sites in New York, Miami, and Los Angeles and allows you to provide top-shelf rentals that start at $349 a day, is at the other end of the spectrum.A weekend getaway in a Ferrari or a Lamborghini is a really pleasant way to spend your time.
Ways to Stay
Give your favorite individuals a place to rest their heads—with amenities ranging from a pup tent to a royal castle.. ways-to-stay-UPGRADE1215.jpg
Gift cards from firms that possess a diverse range of brands are a great choice for folks who travel frequently to both popular and less-known areas.When it comes to gift cards, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, which manages more than 130 locations under the names Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel, allows users to spend them for everything from rooms to spa services….In a similar vein, the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts has a policy that allows you to apply the credit toward any fee that may be applied to a hotel bill, including gratuities.Some businesses do place restrictions on gift cards.
For example, Marriott International, which owns a number of hotel brands ranging from the Ritz-Carlton to the Fairfield Inn, does not allow gift cards to be used toward prepaid reservations.
Gifts from hotel associations and collections, which group places with similar characteristics, are a subtle way of demonstrating that you understand someone’s travel preferences.Gift certificates are approached in a sophisticated manner by Relais & Châteaux, the international consortium of restaurants and inns picked for their attractiveness, sense of location, service, and food, among other qualities.Apart from selecting money amounts, donors may choose from a variety of packages, such as a three-course meal with wine or champagne ($425 for two) or a wellness vacation, which includes a spa treatment ($668 for two), among others.All that is required is that the receiver select a property.
Mr.& Mrs.Smith’s group of design-forward boutique hotels numbers over 1,000 properties.
Mr.& Mrs.Smith online bookings are eligible for a complimentary bonus, such as a picnic meal or a welcome cocktail upon arrival.One disadvantage is that gift cards cannot be used for spa services or meals.Bedandbreakfast.com provides gift cards with no fees and no expiration dates in whatever quantity you select, which are accepted at the majority of the approximately 6,000 B&Bs and inns that the booking site represents in the United States and Canada.
Gifts from hotel associations and collections, which group places with similar aesthetics, are a subtle way of demonstrating that you understand someone else’s travel preferences.A sophisticated approach to gift cards is taken by Relais & Châteaux, the international consortium of restaurants and inns that have been chosen for their character, sense of location, service, and food.Apart from selecting money amounts, donors may choose from a variety of packages, such as a three-course meal with wine or champagne ($425 for two) or a wellness getaway that includes a spa treatment ($668 for two).Just choose a property for your friend or family member.
Around 1,000 design-forward boutique hotels are part of the Mr.& Mrs.Smith portfolio.
Bookings booked through the Mr.& Mrs.Smith website are eligible for a complimentary extra, such as a picnic lunch or a welcome cocktail.One disadvantage is that gift cards cannot be used for spa services or dining out at restaurants.Most of the roughly 6,000 B&Bs and inns represented by the booking site in the United States and Canada accept no-fee, non-expiring gift cards in whatever denomination you pick from Bedandbreakfast.com.
Giving the Extra Mile
If you and your beneficiaries use airline and hotel points appropriately, they might be a more potent present than cash in some situations.
1. Don’t transfer.
Giving someone your unused miles can seem like a good idea, but you’ll almost certainly be slapped with transfer fees. The majority of programs allow you to arrange travel for others directly from your own account. Additionally, JetBlue and British Airways allow you to pool miles in family accounts at no additional cost.
2. Consider the fees.
Sales tax and processing fees are frequently added to mileage purchases by airlines. It is possible that beneficiaries will be required to pay redemption fees in addition to the miles they have earned. These fees can range from a few dollars to more than $1,000, depending on the airline and class of seat purchased.
3. Do the math.
If you’re purchasing points, make sure you don’t spend more than you would if you were paying for a trip or hotel stay outright. To be sure you’re getting a good bargain on your miles, compare the total cost of the miles you want to acquire to the retail price of whatever it is that you’ll most likely use them for in the future.
4. Look for specials.
A bonus or discount on mileage purchases or transfers is offered by the majority of loyalty programs at some point during the year. If at all possible, wait for a particularly good one—they’re especially popular over the holidays—before you buy. (This is an example of when being on an e-mail list is advantageous.)
For anything larger and more difficult, you should seek the assistance of a qualified professional.all-inclusive-adventures-UPGRADE1215.jpg Day Trips are a great way to get away from it all.Viator specializes on short tours and activities for those looking to tick something off their bucket list—a day trip to California wine country for around $75, a helicopter flight of New York City for less than $200, and dozens of other alternatives.It offers gift cards in denominations ranging from $25 to $500.
To appreciate what Adventures by Disney has to offer, you don’t have to be a lover of theme parks: family-friendly, well organized, guided journeys to destinations all over the world.The majority of these itineraries include meals and are at least seven nights in length.All of the adventures start at roughly $2,300 per person and may be purchased as gifts as long as you know who is going on the trip and have their names handy when you’re making the reservation.
There are several options available to people who have a desire to attend a sports competition.If you’re interested in attending the Ryder Cup in Scotland, the Los Angeles-based travel firm Trine, which specializes in large events, can put together a package that includes a suite adjacent to the golf course, up-close viewing privileges, and cart transportation around the greens.The cost of your vacation is determined by the type of excursion you have in mind.Three years ago, a couple of Zappos alums launched Fandeavor.com, which offers all-inclusive personalized vacations to big sporting events and is an expert at putting together gift packages for customers.
You have the option of customizing one of the offers on the website or placing an a la carte purchase over the phone.The average cost per person is $3,000 per night.
Do you want to offer a memorable gift but don’t want to get engaged in the planning process?Select a trip—or a voucher—from a high-end travel operator to fulfill your desires.Gift cards from Cox & Kings, which organizes group and private excursions, are available in values ranging from $250 to $25,000 USD.In addition to being transferrable, they may be used for company-sponsored or pre-planned excursions, as well as for personal travel.
Our own T+L Journeys are precisely planned holidays to places all over the world, produced in collaboration with custom travel business Black Tomato and available only via us.All of the itineraries are available for purchase as presents for other people.Starting at $3,390 per person, a four-night vacation to Nashville that focuses on the area’s culinary and music scenes, for example, is possible.
Holiday stocking stuffers that help make traveling safer, quicker, and more enjoyable.Give MedjetAssist to your favorite globe-trotters, and you’ll have peace of mind knowing that in the event of an emergency, they may be airlifted to the hospital of their choosing.The cost of a one-year membership begins at $270.PriorityPass cards get access to more than 850 airport lounges in over 100 countries around the world.
One-time visits are 27 dollars, while annual memberships are 99 dollars and include free food and Wi-Fi for a year.With TSA PreCheck clearance, traveling through airports becomes less of a hassle—no more removing shoes and belts at security checkpoints.It will set you back $85.
Considering purchasing a museum membership for a cultural vulture?The North American Reciprocal Museum Association, which the institution is a member of, provides admission to more than 750 additional locations around the United States for the price of one membership.
4 Ways to Give the Gift of Travel
Finding the right present for someone, or even for no one, is difficult.Moreover, when you desire something more substantial than a piece of luggage or a few tech stocking stuffers (which, yeah, we have you covered for), the stakes become much higher.When it comes to giving the gift of travel, the possibilities are endless.That could be the most difficult and intimate gift of them all to give.
If you succeed in the process, someone may remember you as the reason they were able to ride around the Tuscan countryside in a convertible for the rest of their lives.Did you make a mistake?You’ll be the one who surprised them with a cruise, not realizing that a bad experience with seasickness in high school had left them fearful of boats for the rest of their lives.
It’s a precarious incline, but it’s one that must be climbed.In part, this is because experiences, rather than tangible objects, are associated with higher levels of pleasure, according to Cassie Mogilner Holmes, Ph.D., an associate professor at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management who researches happiness and gift giving.’People are happiest when they feel socially linked with others—and frequently, to achieve this, it is necessary to disengage from the routine and monotony of everyday life.’ Find out how to offer the gift of travel in this article.
Don’t plan a full trip for someone else.
- Consider the following scenario: someone booked a vacation for you, complete with reservations, and gave it to you, and you said to yourself, ″I really don’t want to do that.″ Rudi Steele, president of Rudi Steele Travel Inc., a Dallas-based travel agency, admits it occurs.
- Furthermore, according to Mogilner Holmes, one of the primary reasons why Americans do not take advantage of all of their vacation days is due to time restrictions.
- We have to make an effort to carve out time from our schedules, and if you have the luxury of picking when someone goes, you might unwittingly be adding stress to their lives.
- For this reason, according to Steele, it’s best to hand over the reins to a travel adviser who can plan the vacation of a lifetime for the recipient when the timing is appropriate and at a price that’s affordable for you.
- (Working with a travel specialist also eliminates the need to collect information such as names, birthdays, dates, and passport numbers, which is frequently necessary when making a reservation.) Even if you wind up ruining the surprise, you’ll be certain that the present is something your friend, family, or significant other will genuinely like.
- Just make sure to speak with the travel consultant before presenting your gift to confirm that your cash amount is within the appropriate range of possibilities.
According to Mogilner Holmes, the other reason we don’t take advantage of our vacation days is due to financial restrictions.As a result, while $5,000 may seem like a lot of money for a relaxing European vacation, it may not be enough.And, as Steele points out, ″No one really wants to receive a gift that will end up costing a lot of money.″ A expert can assist you in developing your budget and determining the most effective use of your finances.
Be creative with gift certificates.
- According to Steele, airline coupons can be limited since they are typically only valid for a particular carrier, and hotel certificates can have blackout dates that make them ineligible for use.
- To give someone a more concrete gift, try purchasing’skyhours’ through the freshly introduced Skyhour app, which allows you to gift travel on 350 international and local airlines at a discount.
- Airbnb also provides gift vouchers that are not subject to expiration.
Plan something toward the end of their trip.
Whenever we recall a particular incident, we are more likely to think about how it came to a close. According to Mogilner Holmes, this phenomenon is known as the ″peak-end effect,″ and it lends itself particularly well to gift giving: a massage in the last hotel someone stays at, or a final meal in a foreign city before an early departure home.
Gift an Instagram-worthy excursion.
- A trip to Costa Rica with surf lessons or a wine tasting for a trip to Bordeaux with a friend creates a chance for what Mogilner Holmes called ″peak experiences,″ which are memorable moments on journeys that we tend to remember long after the trip is over, according to Holmes.
- Because we have a tendency to picture ″peak events,″ they have shown to be a significant component of making a trip memorable, according to her.
- Keep in mind that your gift recipient’s interests should be considered.
- Although it appears to be a no-brainer, study has discovered that that is not the case.
- According to Mogilner Holmes, ″Gift givers have a tendency to gift items that they like without taking into consideration what the receiver likes.″ The fact that you enjoy 12-course tasting menus that last three and a half hours does not imply that others do as well.
- If your buddy like to be in the great outdoors, try taking her on a guided trek.
Make arrangements for them to stay in a hotel or other form of luxury if they wouldn’t be caught dead in a tent otherwise.Steele believes that supplementing a vacation with extras that visitors on a tight budget frequently overlook, such as private car services and finer hotel rooms, may make an excellent gift for any traveler.As a matter of fact, the simplicity with which you may walk out of an international airport and find a well-dressed stranger carrying a sign with your name on it is practically priceless.
RCI Gift of Vacation
Your passion for travel was destined to be shared with others. And with the RCI® Gift of Vacation program, it’s simple to surprise and delight your friends and family with a memorable vacation. You may use your club money to gift a 7-night trip to someone else at no additional cost to you. Simply fill out the request form, choose your contribution amount, and they’ll get to work for you.
A Gift That Goes Places
- The RCI® Gift of Vacation program allows you to give the gift of a 7-night stay at one of 4,200+ associated resorts across the world to family or friends using club cash.
- Giving the gift of a vacation has even more benefits.
- Aside from that, your family and friends may take advantage of member-exclusive discounts on cash trips.
- These cash getaways are accessible until the recipient’s account expiration date, which is one year after the account was activated.
- These trips are limited in number and are subject to availability when booked.
Steps to Gifting
- 1 Fill out the request form, specifying the amount of cash you’d want to put toward the gift in the appropriate field.
- Increased cash equals more possibilities for trips.
- 2 Once you’ve submitted your request form, the gift amount will be withdrawn from your RCI account once it has been processed.
- 3 You will get a confirmation email including an activation number and a link.
- 4 Send the code and link to the person who will receive your gift.
- 5 Allow them to plan, arrange, and travel for a seven-night trip.
How it Works
- Step 1: Fill out the request form, specifying the amount of cash you’d want to put toward the gift in the appropriate field.
- There are more possibilities for travel if there is more cash.
- 2 Once you’ve submitted your request form, the gift amount will be withdrawn from your RCI account once it has been reviewed and approved.
- 3 You will get a confirmation email including an activation code and a link to complete your registration.
- Send the code and link to the person who will receive your gift.
- a week-long staycation that they may organize and book themselves.
- What is the best way for me to take advantage of the RCI Gift of Vacation program as a Club Wyndham® or WorldMark® owner?
- Fill out a request form at RCIgiftofvacation.com to request a vacation.
- Simply select the amount of currency you want to apply to your donation from your RCI Subscribing Member account and click ″Apply.″ The more cash you use, the greater the number of vacation possibilities available to your gift receiver.
- Please keep in mind that all gift transactions are final.
- Once you have filed your gift request form, you will not be able to recover the amount you have deducted from your RCI Subscribing Member account as a reimbursement.
- With the RCI Gift of Vacation program, my friends and family members will be able to plan a vacation for themselves or their families.
Your gift recipient will be able to plan a 7-night holiday at one of the more than 4,200 RCI-affiliated resorts across the world.Their selections are determined by availability as well as the amount of dollars you have applied toward the present in question.Recipients can search by location, destination, and trip date to find what they are looking for.Please keep in mind that your gift recipient will be charged a $319USD reservation fee at the time of booking unless you provide currency to offset this price.
When completing and submitting the RCI Gift of Vacation request form, do I have to specify to whom I am giving the trip as a Gift of Vacation?Because all reservations made via this program will be kept in the name of that individual, it is necessary for you to supply the name of the person who will be redeeming the gift at the time of purchase.There are no exceptions to this rule.
Creative Ways to Give a Vacation for Christmas, vacation surprise
- The holidays are almost approaching, and one present that your entire family can agree on is a vacation!
- It will almost certainly be something that will not be lost, broken, or returned, and most importantly, it will be something that everyone will remember for a long time.
- We have always done this as a couple when we were just the two of us, and we are so eager to be able to do it with our son when he is old enough to understand what is happening.
- As soon as you’ve determined where you’d want to send your family on vacation (Disney World and cruises are two of our most popular options), you’ll need to figure out how you’ll offer the vacation to them as a Christmas present.
- There are several ways in which you might give the gift of travel.
- To travel over the holidays is one thing; to offer the gift of future travel is quite another thing entirely.
In any case, I’ve created a list of entertaining and inventive ideas that you may utilize to offer your family a vacation throughout the Christmas season.Here is my list of inventive ideas to offer someone a getaway for Christmas…The article also includes a nice image of a pair of kids who have just discovered that they are heading to Disneyland!Giving a Vacation for Christmas can be done in a variety of ways.
Create a treasure hunt for your children, with the ″prize″ being the announcement that you will be on a vacation!Make a list of clues and conceal them all about your residence.It is possible that each clue could be accompanied with a tiny gift for each youngster, or that the clues will simply take your family to the treasure chest with a message inside letting them know what is going on in secret.The BIG SURPRISE – have the car all packed and ready to go when you arrive.After you’ve finished exchanging gifts, tell your children that you still have one large item to buy, but that you’ll all have to go together to purchase it.Don’t tell anyone where you’re heading until you’ve already started your journey.
If you want to keep the surprise a secret from your family, you can let them guess along the route.Another variant on this is to use it to wrap the baggage of your family members.You’ll like the puzzled expressions on their faces when they discover that they’re obtaining their own items.Take time to put together a puzzle that depicts your location, whether it’s a cruise ship or a favorite Disney figure (if you’re traveling to Disneyland).In an ideal world, it would be a simple kid’s puzzle with a few parts.
Once you’ve completed the puzzle, use a permanent marker to write ″We’re going on vacation!″ on the back of the piece.Then, deconstruct the puzzle and place it in a transparent bag so that the children are unable to distinguish which picture is depicted on it.Have your children place the puzzle pieces together and then wait to observe their expressions.
- Wrap vacation-themed goods in the same package as your travel documentation and give them to your children as Christmas gifts.
- Get Away From It All Today’s pre-packaged presents may be easily added to any of our trip packages, and they are available for purchase online.
- Make Mickey (or your child’s favorite Disney character) leave a note beneath the Christmas tree inviting them to come see them at Disneyland in preparation for a Disney vacation.
- Inquire with your kid about what the letter says, and then inquire as to whether or not your child would like to go.
- I’m fairly confident that they will say yes!
- Construct a massive banner with the words ″Merry Christmas!″ written across the top and vacant places below that will be filled up with your vacation message.
- Each vacant spot should be labeled with a little number that corresponds to a letter in the alphabet.
Then give your children the task of deciphering the code by writing each letter next to the corresponding number on the poster.They should be able to read anything on the poster once they’ve cracked the code, such as ″We’re going on a cruise!″ For those who will be traveling after the holidays, you may build a paper chain that counts down to your trip and present it to each member of your family as a Christmas gift.It is possible to include specific activities on some rings that you will conduct as a family on the day you open that particular ring in order to make the countdown even more enjoyable.It is possible to opt to undo a link once a week or any other time interval depending on how far away your vacation is in advance.For Christmas, there are a plethora of creative ways to surprise your family with the gift of a vacation, and I hope this list has generated some inspiration for you.
If you require assistance in organizing your trip or a surprise Christmas getaway, please contact our Reservation Agents at Get Away Today at 855-GET-AWAY or visit us online.October is National Cruise Month, making it an excellent opportunity to take advantage of excellent cruise discounts.Aside from that, we always have the greatest prices on Disneyland trip