When sending items into Brazil, you will need to write the Natural Person Register number (CPF) or the General Taxpayer Register of the Revenue Ministry (CGC) on the invoice you send with the parcel – which can be difficult to obtain unless you have the contact details of the recipient.
- USPS. USPS is a great option if your customers don’t expect quick delivery times and it saves you money when compared to the other major carriers.
- UPS. UPS is a good option for shipping to Brazil because they can get your packages delivered within 2 to 5 business days depending on the service.
– The unaccompanied baggage arrives no earlier than 3 months from your arrival in Brazil or up to 6 months after your arrival – The goods comprise of used clothing, shoes, personal belongings, books, periodicals, and leaflets – Returning goods are of national or nationalized nature
Can I send a parcel to Brazil?
Sending a parcel to the fifth largest country in the world might sound like an overwhelming task, but with DHL Parcel UK, you can be confident the process will be simple, quick and affordable. We send countless parcels daily along the 5,500 mile route from the UK to Brazil without problem; why not make yours one of them?
What are the customs when sending a package to Brazil?
Customs when sending to Brazil. When posting packages to Brazil, there is a low value exemption from duties and taxes. That means that any goods that are worth less than US$3,000 will be allowed into the country without having duties or taxes applied. If the contents of your parcel are worth more than this,
How long does it take for DHL to deliver to Brazil?
For cheap parcel delivery to Brazil within just 3-5 days of collection, DHL Parcel UK is the only courier service you’ll need. We’ll get your parcel there quickly, easily and safely and our drivers will collect your parcels from your home or work address for free from only £38.45.
How much does it cost to send a package to Brazil?
Country Conditions for Mailing – Brazil
|Weight not over (lbs.)||Parcel Post Rate|
Does FedEx ship to Brazil?
Take advantage of our most popular FedEx® services for shipping to Brazil.
Early-morning delivery to Brazil with FedEx International First®.
|International Service||Transit Time||Transit Time|
|FedEx International Economy®||4 business days||5 business days|
|FedEx International Economy® Freight||5 business days||5 business days|
Can I send parcels to Brazil?
When you use DPD Local Online, you can be sure your parcel is in safe hands and postage to Brazil will be within your budget. Get your quote today. Delivery within 3-5 working days. Delivery within 4-7 working days.
Is it hard to ship to Brazil?
Shipping To Brazil
This destination is hard to ship to because of their vague import tax policies, bureaucracy, corruption and slow clearance process.
What can you not send to Brazil?
Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Priority Mail Express International shipments to Brazil.
Can I ship a laptop to Brazil?
Importing used laptop computers is prohibited by courier mode. UPS recommends the formal import method for used laptops only if the consignee can prove that it is a personal computer, and was bought by himself when outside of Brazil.
How much does it cost to send FedEx to Brazil?
Download our Standard List Rates
|Applicable Services||2021 Rates|
|FedEx International First® FedEx International Priority® FedEx International Economy®||$63 per shipment (dimension) $12.50 per shipment (weight) $12.50 per shipment (packaging)|
Which is cheaper FedEx or USPS?
Out of the three major carriers, USPS is typically the cheapest option. After that, UPS comes in at a close second, and FedEx ranks as the most expensive (yet arguably most reliable) carrier. Since it offers the best mix of affordability and service, USPS is the most popular small ecommerce shipping solution.
Does DHL ship to Brazil?
DHL is arguably the most used carrier to ship to Brazil. They are a bit cheaper than UPS or FedEx while offering the same delivery timeframes.
How do I send a postcard to Brazil?
How to send a postcard to Brazil?
- Create your postcard directly from your phone/computer.
- Add a message to your postcard.
- Write the address of the recipient in Brazil.
- Click ‘Send’ and Postalie takes care of the rest.
Can you send chocolate to Brazil?
So items such as cheeses and fruits are out of the question. Additionally, items such as cakes or chocolates are also tough to send as they are likely to melt in a hot weather or shipping depots in Brazil that are not always air conditioned.
How long does it take to ship to Brazil from UK?
Parcel delivery information
|Service||Area||Delivery (Working Days)|
|Serviceglobalexpress||AreaDocuments||Delivery (Working Days)From 3 days|
|Serviceglobalexpress||AreaPackages||Delivery (Working Days)From 3 days|
|Serviceglobalpriority||AreaAREA 1||Delivery (Working Days)4 days|
|Serviceglobalpriority||AreaAREA 2||Delivery (Working Days)6 days|
Why is shipping to Brazil so difficult?
International shipping to Brazil can be troublesome. The lack of knowledge about logistical barriers, a complex customs handling system, import taxes and local consumer rights and habits, often result in unpredicted problems and even losses for some online retailers entering the market.
How long does Brazil customs take?
The tax inspector will process to the automatic clearance, examination of documentation, physical examination and analysis of the declared customs value; depending on the defined channel. This process can take between 1 and 15 days, depending on the defined channel.
Can I ship a computer to Brazil?
When shipping items into Brazil, prohibited commodities include antiques, gambling devices, jewelry and postal envelopes. There are certain restrictions surrounding the value of items like animal products and skins, books, computer software, medical and dental supplies and more.
Does USPS ship to Brazil?
USPS Priority Mail ships to Brazil in 6-10 business days. Suitable for packages up to 70lbs. Fastest shipping to Brazil. Express may mean fast, but it doesn’t mean it’s expensive if you take advantage of one of our Secret Deals! Here are our fastest, but cheapest courier services to Brazil:
How long does shipping take from Brazil?
– Courier USPS – Estimated Delivery Time 24.1 days – Delivered/All 241/977 – Data Source 0-7 days 20% Complete 6.6% 7-15 days 20% Complete 24.5% 16-30 days 20% Complete 42.3% 31-60 days 20% Complete 22.8% >60 days 20% Complete 3.7%
How do you make a collect call to Brazil?
Send a package to Brazil
When you compare courier services and pricing with Parcel Monkey, sending a package to Brazil becomes straightforward.We’ll assist you in locating couriers that ship to Brazil and negotiating lower prices with them.Use our shipping calculator to receive a free, no-obligation estimate, or continue reading for more information about shipping to Brazil from the United States..Please provide me with a quote.
Shipping costs to Brazil
Box delivery to Brazil from the United States will vary in price based on the size and weight of your package, where you are shipping from, and how quickly you need it to reach its destination.Parcel Monkey, on the other hand, will provide the ability to compare delivery times and rates from numerous couriers, which will assist you in selecting the service that is most appropriate for you and your needs.Begin by comparing pricing.
Cheapest way to ship to Brazil
If you’re seeking for the most cost-effective option to ship a package to Brazil, we can assist you with that.Asendia will be the most cost-effective alternative for a little shipment (up to 4 pounds).Asendia e-PAQ Plus is a monitored postal service, therefore delivery times are greater than those of a conventional courier service.However, it is the most affordable option available.When sending bigger shipments to Brazil, keep an eye out for our Secret Deals, which will appear in the results of your quote request.Known as Parcel Monkey Secret Deals, these services are provided by leading carriers at extremely low rates.
- Request a quote right away.
Courier services to Brazil
There are a plethora of courier services that ship to Brazil, and we can assist you in finding them! We can help you compare pricing and carriers in seconds, whether you’re seeking for the cheapest or fastest way to ship a package to Brazil.
Cheapest shipping to Brazil
- Here are our top three most affordable shipping options to Brazil: In terms of cost, Asendia ePAQ is the most affordable service for parcels up to 4 pounds that arrives in Brazil in 12-24 business days.
- Pitney Bowes Standard delivers to Brazil in 10 to 18 business days depending on the shipping method. USPS Priority Mail is suitable for items weighing up to 66 pounds, and it delivers to Brazil in 6-10 business days. Suitable for shipments weighing up to 70 pounds
Fastest shipping to Brazil
- Although express means ″quick,″ it does not always imply that it is pricey if you take advantage of one of our Secret Deals! Here are some of our most expedient and least expensive courier services to Brazil: Priority on the international stage The Drop Off service is the most expedient method of shipping items to Brazil. When it comes to affordable rapid delivery, this is the best option if you want anything that can be monitored and delivered in one to three business days.
- Deliveries to Brazil using Worldwide Expedited Drop Off are completely monitored and arrive in 2-5 business days. Send packages weighing up to 130 pounds.
All delivery timeframes are estimates supplied by our carriers and are based on major locations only. Please keep this in mind while making your purchase. Please allow an extra day or two for delivery in more rural places. Sending packages to Brazil
You must include the Natural Person Register number (CPF) or the General Taxpayer Register of the Revenue Ministry (CGC) on your invoice when exporting things into Brazil.This might be difficult to get unless you already know the recipient’s contact information.Paintball weapons, electronic cigarettes, furs, food products, watches, and used things that might be perceived to be of a commercial character are among the items subject to limitations.
Antiques, playing cards, gambling devices, and ivory are some of the items available. View our complete list of forbidden items..
Frequently Asked Questions
Antiques, playing cards, gambling devices, and ivory are some of the items available. View our complete list of forbidden items..
Do you offer door to door delivery?
The Parcel Monkey marketplace makes use of a shipping calculator to determine the most cost-effective way to transport your things from point A to point B using a variety of different carriers.With full tracking available on practically all of our delivery services, you can keep track of your product from the minute it leaves your possession until it reaches its destination.We always recommend that you provide the contact information for the receiver so that the courier may contact them if there is a problem with the delivery.Some of our courier services are delivered to a local Post Office, where the receiver will be required to pick up the box, such as DHL eCommerce to some distant places, hence it is necessary to include a working contact number when submitting your order.Items transported through Parcel Monkey are also shipped DDU, therefore it is possible that Customs will need payment from the receiver prior to delivering the package to them.If you want assistance with the completion of any Customs Documents, we can provide it.
- If you would like to learn more about what a courier is and how to select the most appropriate service for your shipment, we can assist you.
Can I add protection cover to my order?
When you place an order through the Parcel Monkey marketplace, you will have the option to add protective coverage to your item throughout the booking process.We guarantee that you will be compensated if your item is lost or damaged as long as it does not include any banned items, has been packaged properly, and you complete our Claims Procedure.Some of our services do not include any form of protection, while others do, and some even provide free protection up to a particular dollar amount.When you receive a shipping quote from our shipping calculator, you will be able to see this information.Please double-check that the item does not appear on the list of restricted items, since doing so will render it invalid.Keep in mind that your shipment will be shipped by international carriers and will most likely be processed by a variety of customs and airport agencies.
- Be careful to package the item securely so that it is properly secured and cannot move about in the box.
How long will it take for my package to be delivered?
Take the time to assess how fast you need your product to arrive before deciding on a shipping method.The shipment destination and the courier service you select from the Parcel Monkey marketplace are the two most important things to consider when estimating transit timeframes.When you select a courier from our marketplace, we will provide an anticipated delivery time, which is supplied by the couriers themselves as they handle the goods in their possession or custody.You can see how long it will take for the package to arrive with the recipient, and we recommend that you share this tracking information with the recipient so that they are aware of when the package is expected to arrive.Always provide the recipient’s contact information when making a reservation in case the delivery courier wants to get in touch with them.If you’re wanting to save money, you may pick slower economic services such as DHL eCommerce, or you can choose a faster Express option that gets the box delivered more quickly, such as our 2-5 day International Drop Off service provided by FedEx, which is also available as a Pickup.
Send a parcel to Brazil
DHL Cargo UK is the only courier service you’ll need if you want to get a cheap parcel sent to Brazil within 3-5 days after picking it up from the depot.We’ll send your item to its destination swiftly, simply, and safely, and our drivers will pick up your goods from your house or workplace for free starting at £40.41 per parcel.Simply input the weight and dimensions of your packages into the quotation box to get an estimate of how much it will cost to ship them to Brazil.When you’re ready to send a parcel, all you have to do is simply register (which takes only a few minutes) and supply us with the necessary collecting and delivery information for the package.Never fear, there is no minimum order value required; simply use your account as and when you require.Including, but not limited to, the following cities: So Paulo; Rio de Janeiro; Salvador; Belo Horizonte; Recife; Fortaleza; Manaus; Campinas; Belém; Porto Alegre; and others.
- Despite the fact that sending a parcel to the world’s fifth most populous country may seem like an onerous endeavor, you can rest certain that the procedure will be straightforward, quick, and economical when you work with DHL Parcel UK.
- Why not make your package one of the thousands others that we ship every day through the 5,500-mile trek from the United Kingdom to Brazil without incident?
- Arrange for one of our courier drivers to pick up your package from your home or place of business, and your monitored cargo will arrive in a couple of days.
DHL Parcel UK allows you to book parcel delivery services online swiftly and conveniently, and at costs that are hard to top anywhere else on the internet.When exporting products to Brazil, there are a few things to keep in mind, but our helpful information may assist you in making sure your items are suitable for shipment.
Shipping to Brazil from the US
Brazil is the most populous and biggest country in South America, and it also has the greatest land area.Brazil, with a population of over 200 million people and a thriving ecommerce sector, is an excellent market in which to build your ecommerce business.Marketing your items to Brazilian buyers will present you with rising chances due to the country’s rapidly expanding middle class, which is continuing to spend more money on online purchases every year.The question is, how can you get your ecommerce firm ready for exporting to Brazil?As a result of the numerous rules and regulations in place in Brazil, shipping to Brazil from the United States may be time-consuming, error-prone, and expensive – especially if you are running a small or mid-sized ecommerce business in the country.If you read this guide on shipping from the United States to Brazil, you’ll learn about the delivery alternatives, rules and regulations, projected delivery dates, and many services that may assist you in expanding your ecommerce business in Brazil and beginning to sell globally.
4 popular carriers who ship to Brazil
There are a plethora of carriers available to ship to Brazil from the United States.We prefer dealing with the United States Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and DHL since they are dependable and can get your items to Brazil in a few days.They have agreements with a variety of businesses that can assist them in lowering delivery expenses.When delivering a package to Brazil, we’ve broken out the costs and transit times for each of the four carriers listed below.The pricing shown below are based on a 2kg package delivered in January 2020.Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Note: These are general options for consumers shipping orders.
- To learn more about what ShipBob has to offer when shipping to other countries, such as Brazil, please submit a quotation request here.
- As a result, ShipBob’s actual costs for clients will vary since we charge a ‘total fulfillment cost’ that covers everything from selecting and packing to shipping and handling, among other things.
|USPS||Priority Mail Express International||~$47||3-5 business days|
|USPS||Priority Mail International||~$33||6-10 business days|
|USPS||First-Class International Service||~$15||11-20 business days|
|UPS||Worldwide Expedited||~$69||2-5 business days|
|UPS||Worldwide Saver||~$54||6-10 business days|
|FedEx||International Priority||~$71||3-5 business days|
|FedEx||International Economy||~$55||6-10 business days|
|DHL||International Express||~$63||3-6 business days|
When compared to the other main carriers, USPS is an excellent choice if your consumers do not want expedited delivery.It also saves you money on shipping costs.In contrast to the other carriers, you will only be charged a set amount based on the kind of mail and weight of the parcel sent through the USPS.You may drop off parcels at your mailbox or at a nearby post office, making it a handy method of delivery.One significant disadvantage of utilizing the United States Postal Service for Brazilian shipping is that once the shipments reach in Brazil, they are passed to Correios (the national Brazilian postal service).You will have to wait for a new tracking number if the tracking number supplied by the USPS is no longer valid due to this change.
- Customs clearance may potentially cause a few more delivery days to be added to the timeline.
- Mail Express International
- Priority Mail International
- First-Class International Service
- Priority Mail Express International
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail Express International
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail International
More information can be found at USPS Brazil Country Conditions.
When you should ship with USPS
- You are concerned with obtaining the lowest price
- nevertheless, having the shortest delivery time is not a top priority.
The UPS shipping service is a wonderful choice for delivering to Brazil since it may have your products delivered within 2 to 5 business days, depending on the service you choose.It is possible for them to pick up your products from your warehouse in the United States and send them to Brazilian clients within a few days because they have an extensive logistical network in the country.It is possible to feel certain that your products will reach on time because of their guaranteed delivery times.In contrast to the United States Postal Service, parcels are traced from pickup through delivery using the UPS tracking system.There is no need for you to be concerned about any packages being moved to Correios.If you’re delivering items weighing more than 10 pounds, UPS may be one of the most expensive shipping alternatives.
- Worldwide Expedited
- Worldwide Saver
When you should ship with UPS
- You’d want to know where your packages are
- You desire faster delivery and are ready to pay a greater fee than the US Postal Service
FedEx is yet another excellent alternative for delivering to Brazil.They can pick up items in the United States and have them sent to Brazil in a matter of days.Because of their intense rivalry with UPS, their shipping charges are quite competitive, allowing you to save even more money on your ecommerce business’s shipping costs.As well as paper paperwork, they provide electronic trade documents, which can help to speed the documentation procedure for international shipment.If you’re transporting large or heavy products, FedEx might be rather expensive (over 10 pounds).The United States Postal Service (USPS) may be a more cost-effective solution if your consumers do not require immediate delivery.
- International Priority
- International Economy
When you should ship with FedEx
- You want tracking
- You want quicker delivery
DHL is the world’s top international shipping company, and it is a solid choice for transporting goods to Brazil.Their prices are somewhat less expensive than those of UPS or FedEx, while maintaining the same delivery deadlines.DHL should be one of your first choices when comparing shipping charges to Brazil if you want to ship something to that country.Take in mind that depending on what you’re delivering, there may be additional charges, so keep this in mind while picking DHL.
When you should ship with DHL
- You require tracking
- You’d want shipping to be more reasonable.
- You desire a more expedited delivery
The biggest shipping hubs of Brazil
- Brazil is a vast country in terms of land area. There are several maritime hubs in Brazil, with Rio de Janeiro and So Paulo serving as the two most important. Because of the large amount of land to traverse and the presence of rainforests across the nation, your shipments will most likely pass via the following cities to shorten transit times in Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, So Paulo, Manaus, Brasilia, and Salvador are among the cities on the list.
Common tariffs and import taxes
Tariffs and import levies can be a bit more in Chile than in other nations in South America, compared to what you are used to paying in your own country. Despite the fact that Brazil has decreased its tariffs in recent years, the cost of exporting might be prohibitively expensive, depending on what you’re sending out of the country.
Import duty fees
Tariffs and import charges can be a little higher in Chile than they are in other South American nations that you may be accustomed to paying. Despite the fact that Brazil has decreased its tariffs in recent years, the cost of exporting might be prohibitively expensive, depending on what you’re shipping out.
IPI (Industrialized Product Tax)
In the case of ecommerce enterprises, the IPI tax can range from 0 percent to 15 percent, however it is more common in other industries. Unless you’re exporting large quantities of heavy industrial equipment, you’re unlikely to be subject to this tax.
Unusual prohibited items
- There are limits on what you may ship to Brazil, as there are in many other nations. It is prohibited in Brazil to possess the following objects, among other things: Playing cards, gambling objects, ivory, antiques, animal skins, computer software, and other similar items
Shipping to faraway cities in Brazil
Despite the fact that Brazil has a developing delivery system, the country is home to several rainforests. It may take several weeks to ship to tiny villages or towns outside of Brazil’s major cities, depending on the carrier’s operating schedule and the location of the clients.
Ship to Brazil with confidence — partner with a 3PL
Is it difficult to imagine exporting to Brazil due of the customs, restrictions, and regulations in place?There’s good news!If you are exporting to Brazil, collaborating with a third-party logistics provider (3PL) can make your life easier.How can a third-party logistics provider (third-party logistics provider) make shipping to Brazil simple?The services of third-party logistics (3PLs) such as ShipBob are employed by rising ecommerce enterprises to expand their shipping services into Brazil.
A third-party logistics (3PL) company will store your ecommerce inventory, process your orders, give shipping reductions through carrier relationships, provide simpler help for customs forms and taxes, and link you with other foreign business partners.When you outsource order fulfillment and shipping to Brazil to a third-party logistics provider, you won’t have to worry about things like choosing and packaging orders, warehouse management, labor, dealing with customs, and so on.This is taken care of by your third-party logistics provider, allowing you to concentrate on other aspects of your business.Here are some of the reasons why you should delegate your shipment to Brazil to ShipBob:
Outsource shipping to Brazilian customers
Learning the customs regulations for exporting to Brazil requires a significant investment of time and energy.It may be difficult, and a few minor mistakes could result in a large number of orders being delivered incorrectly, resulting in financial loss and poor customer satisfaction for you.If you’re shipping to Brazil, ShipBob can save you money by offering you exceptional rates on shipping.Orders are shipped from the United States to destinations in Brazil, and we provide order updates and tracking numbers along the way.The ShipBob dashboard allows you to keep track of every order without having to perform any of the work yourself.
Save time and money
With ShipBob, you will no longer be responsible for managing warehouses and logistics operations or for hiring and training staff.Working with ShipBob helps you convert logistics and warehousing into a revenue generator since you can grow sales while still providing clients with the shipment options, transit periods, and delivery speeds that they desire.Do you want to provide delivery times similar to those of Amazon?ShipBob is the one who makes it happen.
Work with shipping and fulfillment experts
International ecommerce might be difficult for Brazilians to navigate.It might take a significant amount of time and resources to become a qualified expert in every element of warehousing and logistics, as well as to hire the appropriate staff.That is one of the reasons why firms cooperate with ShipBob.We’re staffed with logistics specialists that are experienced and up-to-date on the latest industry trends and complications – so you can relax and let us take care of everything.Working with ShipBob as your logistics team, you benefit from years of expertise and a crew that is well-versed in how to move items from the United States to Brazil.
Shipping to Brazil from the United States does not have to be difficult.Working with a third-party logistics provider (3PL) may make the procedure substantially easier.We at ShipBob have assisted several ecommerce firms in expanding their operations into Brazil in order to help them develop their company.In order to discover how ShipBob can assist you with shipping your orders to Brazil, please complete the form below to learn more about how ecommerce retailers are working with ShipBob to extend their businesses into the country.
Shipping To Brazil from US: Services & Tips
|Air Waybill||A shipping label that must accompany all international shipments. Can be created with an electronic shipping solution, such as FedEx Ship Manager® — or completed manually.|
|Electronic Export Information (EEI)||Formerly known as the Shipper’s Export Declaration, the EEI must be filed with goods valued at US$2,000 or more from the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to foreign destinations. Connect with the federal Automated Export System and submit the required information using the FedEx Ship Manager solution. Using FedEx Export AgentFile®, you can authorize FedEx to file an EEI on your behalf. A filing fee and certain limitations apply.|
|Commercial Invoice||The main document used by customs officials for control, valuation and duty determination. Serves as the basis for all other documents covering the shipment. Necessary for all shipments with a value of at least US$1 and relating to commercial transactions, regardless of the value. Must be in English or accompanied by a translation. Required details include the buyer and seller, a detailed description of the goods, quantity, purchase price or fair market value, terms of the sale, and the date. Should show freight, insurance, commission and other charges as separate items. Should be signed and, if possible, attested to by a bank.|
|Pro Forma Invoice||Acts as a preliminary invoice, presenting the same information as the final invoice without claiming payment. Enables the end purchaser to apply for letters of credit, import licenses or foreign exchange allocation.|
|Packing List||Supplies shipment data, including the number and types of items being shipped. Also documents the weight and volume of your shipment — helpful information for reserving space with the shipping company. Should be signed.|
|Certificate of Origin||Verifies the country in which the product was manufactured. Required by certain foreign countries for tariff purposes. Must be validated and notarized by a local chamber of commerce.|
|Price List||A detailed list of all commodities in the shipment with their unit and total prices.|
|Purchase Order||A commercial document issued by a buyer to a seller on the terms of a transaction, including types of products, quantities and prices.|
5 Worst Countries For International Shipping From The U.S
Neighborhood Parcel compiled a list of the top 5 most inconvenient international shipping locations.Based on real customer experience as well as a poll of local clients who ship to these destinations on a regular basis, the list was created.While we recognize that there may be exceptions to the guidelines, please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list and is based on general public view.The difficulties in international shipping stemmed from a variety of factors, including unclear import tax policies, a lengthy clearance process, a high level of bureaucracy, and corruption on the local level.However, non-dutiable shipments such as letters, documents, and blueprints will be delivered without incident because they are frequently nontaxable throughout the world.
Shipping To Brazil
When exporting to Brazil, it is now necessary to have a VAT or EIN Tax Id number.They are making it extremely difficult to bring goods into their country.We have worked in the international shipping sector for many years and have a limited understanding of international shipping.This location is difficult to ship to because of the country’s ambiguous import tax regulations, bureaucracy, corruption, and lengthy customs clearance procedure.Consumers who want to mail presents, over-the-counter medications for their loved ones who are in urgent need of them, and vitamins are sometimes surprised to learn that their packages are being taxed at record amounts or have just gone from the Brazilian Postal Service.
In addition to the extra costs they will incur in shipping the items, they will be required to pay additional taxes or bribes as a result of the comments we are receiving from genuine customers.
Shipping To Russia
The current political environment in Russia does not make it any simpler to sell products to the country.Shipping to Russia is still a challenging experience for many consumers, who learn that the country’s customs office changes laws on a regular basis and does not have a well defined tax policy.We identified this problem while sending some of the most popular items, such as Apple gadgets and technological devices.The customs office in Russia will make the receiver gather documentation that are hard to obtain, such as an authorization from the Ministry of Communication or a health agency, on the grounds that the technology has not been tested in the country.
Shipping To China
When it comes to accepting items from the United States and most new technology, China is no exception.One of our customers had his new iPad taken by the local government, and the local government refused to ship it back to the United States.Simply said, iPads are a security concern for the government since they have not been thoroughly evaluated.Because of the nature of the Chinese government and the clearance procedure, the clearance process might take several weeks, and contact can be difficult during that time.
Shipping To Chile
Chile was included on the list because the country is extremely protective of its domestic economy and would tax all foreign items significantly in order to discourage imports.When a mother in Chile received a pocketbook and a sweater as a Valentine’s Day present, the gift was almost confiscated and the receiver was threatened with jail for accepting the items.So consider twice before sending textiles to Chile, and always remember that the receiver must reveal his tax identification number or VAT on the export documentation.
Shipping To Mexico
- This is a precarious balancing act that you cannot afford to make! When shipping personal belongings to Mexico, you never know what to anticipate
- the laws are frequently confusing, and the majority of shipments will necessitate the payment of bribes up front or the payment of a significant amount of import tax. If you need to ship to any of these locations, or any other international location, utilize the following instructions to get the job done: Make use of a reputable courier such as FedEx or DHL. If you insist on utilizing the Post Office, utilize their Express Mail with Value Protection service
- otherwise, use the regular mail service.
- Make certain that your Commercial Invoice or Pro Forma is fully filled, including the relevant VAT / Tax ID of the receiver.
- Possess a significant presence at the destination that can assist you in clearing the cargo.
- Prepare to pay the import tax that they will impose.
- Check with carriers or your local customs office to see if certain items are forbidden.
- Please be patient. When it comes to time management, we have a different perspective than the rest of the world.
Make use of an Authorize Shipment center to assist you with the packaging and shipping of your products; they frequently have the knowledge and resources to assure easy delivery of your goods and are up to date on any export limitations from the United States of America.An Authorized shipping center, such as Neighborhood Parcel, may also help you save time and money by having your export documentation validated for correctness, and the shipping costs are frequently less expensive than if you were to do it yourself on the internet.A little background information about the author Neighborhood Parcel is the premier international shipping and relocation service in the greater Boston region.Since we are a FedEx, DHL, and UPS Authorized Sending Center we can assist you with packaging and shipping your important products anywhere in the United States or internationally.In addition to offering a comprehensive range of international shipping services, we are quickly establishing ourselves as the premier moving company and international mail forwarder in Boston, Massachusetts.
|International Mail Manual > Individual Country Listings > Belize – Cape Verde > Brazil|
Prohibitions are placed in place (130) Banknotes, currency notes, paper money, securities payable to the bearer, and traveler’s checks are all examples of paper money.The following items are valuable: coins; made and unmanufactured platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; gems; high-end jewelry; and other valuables.Commercial samples that are used to advertise tobacco goods or smoking-related commodities are classified as follows: Packed tobacco, cigarettes, cigarillos, cigars, loose and packaged tobacco, pipes, and other smoking devices are included in commercial shipments.Items whose fragility (due to nature or insufficient packaging) has the potential to cause injury or damage to people or equipment.The formulations of medicines not included in official pharmacopeias or not regulated by the Brazilian Department of Public Health are referred to as ″illegal drugs.″ Infectious biological compounds that are perishable.
Noninfectious biological compounds that are perishable.Playing cards are used in this game.Poniar, stilettos and poniard blades; canes, umbrella and any other products holding swords, dagger or firearms; handcuffs and blackjacks are among the prohibited items.Primary instructional publications that are not written in Portuguese are available.Materials that are radioactive.Arms and ammunition in accordance with Brazilian legislation and sections thereof.
Guns that shoot air are known as air guns.Reducer tubes and silencers for weapons are available.Meat that has been salted or smoked, as well as other animal-derived cuisines Coffee seeds and seedlings, as well as bushes Consumer products that have been previously owned (see Observation6 for exception).
- Restrictions It is necessary to get a prescription from the Brazilian doctor who will be administering the medication.
- This prescription should be written on a chemist’s form, and it should include the doctor’s name, private address or office address, his registration number with the Brazilian National Medical Council, and, if required, a Portuguese translation of the written instructions.
- Postal parcels containing pharmaceuticals that do not meet the requirements outlined above will be returned to the senders or, if abandoned, will be considered as undeliverable products and will be destroyed.
- Postage stamps are only permitted in shipments that are sent using First-Class Package International Service with Registered Mail service.
- It is necessary to obtain approval from the Brazilian Department of Public Health before importing saccharine and other artificial sweeteners used in artificial drinks.
Seeds must be approved by the Brazilian Agriculture Department — formally known as the Ministério do Agricultura, Pecuária e Abastecimento — before they may be distributed (MAPA).Consult the following webpage (which is only available in Spanish) for information on how to receive clearance for seeds and other agricultural items: observations
- A ″Fee for Postal Dispatch,″ with a current value of 15 Brazilian reals (BRL), is being introduced by the Empresa Brasileira de Correios e Telégrafos (ECT) for commodities that are brought to customs for inspection. If the item is returned to the sender because the addressee has not paid the fee in full, ECT will charge the sender a restocking fee.
- Many different types of items require an import license before they may be imported. To ensure that the addressee has the relevant documentation before shipping, the ECT suggests obtaining confirmation from him or her before mailing. A cargo that does not have the proper import authorization will be confiscated as contraband
- the mailer must attach any essential or relevant documentation to the exterior of the item, including invoices, export/import permits, certificates of origin, health certificates, and so on
- Without the need for an import license, mail-order catalog shipments are permitted up to a value of US $500 (US $1,000 for computer software) without the need for an import license, provided that the item is not being sold. Sending a package worth less than $50 USD is tax-free and will be delivered to the recipient. Sending a package worth more than $50 USD will be taxed and must be picked up at a post office after payment of import taxes. Imports that are forbidden or subject to specific rules must adhere to the requirements of the Brazilian government that are in effect at the time of the shipment. If two or more identical shipments from the same source are delivered to the same person or location in Brazil within a 90-day period, they are treated as part of the same cargo and may be subject to seizure. The mailer must fully and accurately complete the customs declarations, including the landline or mobile telephone number of the addressee, if available, and detailed information concerning the contents and value of the item, such as the branded product description, model, serial number, and value of each individual article within the item
- Other merchandise that typically enters duty-free includes items such as newspapers, maps, books, and magazines
- The ECT returns an item to the sender as soon as it is discovered that the customs declaration has not been correctly completed.
- When purchasing any item that contains products, the importer’s tax identification number (ID number) is necessary. When it comes to natural individuals, the importer tax identification number is denoted by the letters ″CPF″ (format: 000.000.000-00) and when it comes to legal entities, the number is denoted by the letters ″CNPJ″ (format: 00.000.000/0000-00). It is necessary for the mailer to give this information in the importer reference section of the customs declaration form or on the commercial invoice, or for the importer to supply this information through the Correios website at Shipments that do not include the appropriate postage and fees on the PS Form 2976-A will cause delays in the customs clearance procedure, resulting in the products being held up at customs.
- Consumer items that have been used may only be donated to charity organizations that have been recognized by the Brazilian government as institutions that serve the public interest.
Global Express Guaranteed (210) Price Group 8 is a guaranteed delivery service.Generally Acceptable Mailing Conditions For information on the areas covered in the destination country, allowed contents, packing and labeling requirements, tracking and tracing, service standards, and other criteria for mailing, see Publication 141, Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide.Size Restrictions (211.22) The surface area of the item to be mailed’s address side must be big enough to include the Global Express Guaranteed Air Waybill/Shipping Invoice (shipping label), postage, endorsement, and any other marks that may be required.In all, the shipping label is roughly 5.5 inches in height by 9.5 inches in length.46 inches is the maximum length.
35 inches is the maximum width possible.Height to the top of the head: 46 inches The combined maximum length and girth is 108 inches.Limitation on the amount of money (212.1) The maximum value of a GXG cargo to this nation is $2,499, or a smaller amount if the shipment is restricted by its content or value restriction.Insurance is a type of protection (212.5) The pricing structure for GXG document reconstruction insurance and non–document insurance may be found in Notice 123, Price List, which is available online.Priority Mail Express International (220) Price Group 13 Priority Mail Express International (220) Price Group 13 Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Express International (220) Priority Mail Personalized Priority Mail Express International — Flat-Rate Mailing Envelopes Size Restrictions (221.42) 36 inches is the maximum length.The combined maximum length and girth is 79 inches.
Insurance is a type of protection (222.7) Only available for Priority Mail Express International shipments of products, not for other shipments.See Exhibit 322.2 for information on the goods insurance limitations applicable to each specific nation.The pricing structure for Priority Mail Express International merchandise insurance coverage may be found in Notice 123, Price List, which is available online.
- Customs Forms Are Necessary (123) To be clear, no extra customs form is necessary for mailers who complete PS Form 2976-B or an online combined shipping label and customs form that electronically communicates customs-related data.
- Instead, customs information is included into the form that the mailer must complete.
- Coins, banknotes, currency notes, including paper money, securities of any kind payable to the bearer, travelers’ checks, platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are not permitted to be shipped to Brazil via Priority Mail Express International.
- Please keep this in mind when shipping to Brazil via Priority Mail Express International.
- Serca is the name of the reciprocal service.
BR is the country code for Brazil.All of the following areas are serviced: Priority Mail International is a service provided by the United States Postal Service (230) Price Group 13 is comprised of the following items: In the case of Priority Mail International — flat rate flat rate envelopes or small flat rate priced boxes, the following charges apply: 4 pounds is the greatest weight that may be carried.Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the retail, Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus prices that apply in your situation.Medium and large flat rate boxes are available: The maximum weight is 20 pounds, or the weight limit imposed by the particular country, whichever is less than that amount.For further information on the retail, Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus prices, see Notice 123, Price List.Size Restrictions (231.22) 42 inches is the maximum length.
- The combined maximum length and girth is 79 inches.
- Insurance is a type of protection (232.91) Only available for Priority Mail International shipments of items (see for markings) See Exhibit 322.2 for information on the goods insurance limitations applicable to each specific nation.
- The pricing structure for Priority Mail International merchandise insurance coverage may be found in Notice 123, Price List, which is available online.
Customs Forms Are Necessary (123) All Priority Mail International products must be sent to the following address: PS Form 2976-A is contained inside PS Form 2976-E (Personal Information Form) (envelope) First-Class Mail International is a service provided by the United States Postal Service (240) Price Group 9Size Limits Letters: See 241.212 Postcards: See 241.212 Price Group 9Size Limits In accordance with 241.221 Large Envelopes (Flats): In accordance with 241.232 Customs Form Required (123) Form 2976, as required by law (see 123.61) International First-Class Package Delivery Service (250) Size Restrictions for Price Group 13 Packages (Small Packets): See 251.22 and 251.23 for more information.Customs Form Is Necessary (123) Postal Service Form 2976Airmail M-bags (260) – Direct Sack to a Single Recipient Price Group 9 is comprised of the following items: Customs Form Is Necessary (123) PS Form 2976 (Free Matter for the Blind) is available online (270) First-Class Mail International (documents only), First-Class Package International Service, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes, or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes are all free when sent by First-Class Mail International.The maximum weight is 4 pounds.When dispatched as Priority Mail International products, shipping is free.The maximum weight is 15 pounds.
Customs Form Is Necessary (123) Items sent by First-Class Mail International Service or First-Class Package International Service are classified as follows: As necessary (see 123.61), Priority Mail International products (including Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes): Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes (including Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes): PS Form 2976-A is contained inside The Postal Service Form 2976-E (envelope) is a Certificate of Mailing (310) Individual Pieces — For the appropriate price, please refer to Notice 123, Price List: Individual Pieces Article for a specific person (PS Form 3817).According to the article, firm mailing books (PS Form 3665) are required (minimum 3).PS Form 3817 or PS Form 3665 in duplicate is required (per page).The following price is valid for bulk quantities as specified in Notice 123, Price List: The first 1,000 pieces are free (or fraction thereof).Each additional 1,000 pieces is a tenfold increase in value (or fraction thereof).
PS Form 3606 is a duplicate of the original.Registered Mail is required (330) Fee: Please refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the current rate.Indemnity up to the maximum of $42.87 There are certain exceptions, such as First-Class Mail International (including postcards), First-Class Package International Service, and Free Matter for the Blind, which can only be sent by First-Class Mail International or First-Class Package International Service.Receipt for the Return (340) Fee: Please refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the current rate.
Only Registered Mail and insured Priority Mail International shipments are eligible for this service.Delivery with Restrictions (350) As of the 27th of January, 2013, international shipping is not available.International Postal Money Order (International Postal Money Order) (371) CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE Coupons for International Replies (381) As of the 27th of January, 2013, international shipping is not available.International Business Reply Service is a service that provides responses to business inquiries from across the world (382) Detailed pricing information may be found in Notice 123, Price List: It is possible to use envelopes up to 2 ounces.Cards.
Shipping Rates & Tariffs
Additional Handling Surcharge — not stackable with other charges (AHS-NS) In the case of shipments that cannot be stacked, an Additional Handling Surcharge will be applied.The fee for FedEx Express export freight services will be $180 per shipment, with the first shipment being free.More information on preparing and palletizing LTL freight may be found at fedex.com/packagingfreight, which contains our full instructions for shipping freight in its entirety.FedEx Express packaging must have a minimum billable weight in order to be considered billable.FedEx Express shipments packaged in FedEx Express boxes and tubes will be subject to a minimum billable amount starting on January 21, 2013, according to the company.
FedEx Express tube has a minimum billable weight of 4 kg, while FedEx Boxes have a minimum billable weight of 1 kilogram.Advantages of Having a Bank Account FedEx provides qualifying organizations with the ease of billing all inbound and outgoing shipping, customs duties, taxes, and related costs to a single account number, eliminating the need for multiple account numbers.When you have a valid FedEx account, you will not be required to pay cash when shipping or receiving packages.Correction of Addresses The recipient’s address is found to be incomplete or incorrect (for example, incorrect postal codes, omitted apartment numbers, or former street addresses for recipients who have relocated), or if a valid telephone number for the recipient is not provided on the air waybill, a special handling fee per address correction will be charged.When using FedEx International Broker Select, the address correction cost will be applied if the broker’s address on the Air Waybill or other shipment documents is either incomplete or incorrectly entered.If we are unable to locate the proper address or contact the broker, we may attempt to contact the sender to obtain clarity on the address or directions on how to return the package.
Unless we are prevented from fulfilling our obligations by these conditions, we will not be held accountable for failing to meet our delivery pledge.Carriage1 has a declared value of $.The Stated Value for Carriage price is US$1.06 per US$100.00 in declared value, with the first US$100.00 or US$9.07 per pound (whichever is larger) of declared value being completely free of charge.
- Depending on the country and type of service, the maximum Declared Value for Carriage may range from US$50,000.00 to $100,000.00 per shipment (US$100,000.00 for FedEx International Priority Freight shipments).
- For Items of Extraordinary Value, the maximum Declared Value for Carriage may range from US$1,000.00 to $1,000.00, depending on the destination country.
- The Declared Value for Carriage may not be greater than the Declared Value for Customs, unless otherwise specified.
- For further information, please contact FedEx.
- On January 4, 2021, the Declared Value for Carriage will become law for the first time.
Letters and Paks are valued at their declared value.FedEx Letters have a claimed value of US$100.00 and can weigh up to 1/2 kg, or 30 unfolded pages, depending on the size of the letter.FedEx Pak has a maximum reported value of US$100.00 and can carry up to 1 kilogram of weight.FedEx International Priority rates are used for packages weighing more than 1 kilogram.Weight in terms of dimensions Dimensional weight is computed by multiplying the length by breadth by height of each package and dividing the total by 5,000 if the volume is in centimeters, or by 0.005 if the volume is in meters (the fractions of half a kilo are rounded down to the following half kilo) (the fractions of half a kilo are rounded off to the following half kilo).
|Dimensional Weight =||Length(cm) x Width(cm) x Height(cm) 5,000cc/kg|
Duties and taxes are a part of doing business.FedEx prepays the customs duty and taxes that are charged on your express shipments in order to assure the quickest arrival time feasible.And then charge them to your FedEx account for convenience.Surcharge for fuel All shipments are subject to a variable fuel cost that can be adjusted.The surcharge % will be adjusted on a monthly basis based on a rounded average of the current price for a gallon of kerosene-type jet fuel on the United States Gulf Coast (USGC), as published by the United States Department of Energy on a monthly basis.
Modifications to the FedEx Express fuel fee will be effective on the first Monday of each month after the date of implementation.The proportion of the fee will be indicated on your FedEx invoice as a percentage.For each month, a percentage will be accessible on fedex.com roughly two weeks before the fee is to be applied.Liability Caps and Restrictions There is a limit to the amount of responsibility that can be incurred for loss, damage, or delay in connection with any shipment, as well as for any claim, of US$100 or US$20.00 per kilogram (whichever is larger), unless the shipper declares a higher value for transportation and pays an extra fee.Payment Terms Invoices for transportation expenses must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date, unless otherwise specified.Duties and taxes are billed to the FedEx account on file.
There are certain limits in place.Not all services and products are accessible in all markets.See the list below.
- For further information, please contact FedEx Customer Service.
- Fee for the Broker Select Option FedEx International Brokerage Shipments may be sent to the FedEx in-bond facility that services your customs broker in certain circumstances.
- This occurs when you opt to have your package delivered to a recipient who is served by a different FedEx site than your customs broker (for example, a recipient who lives in a different metropolitan area).
- A cost may apply in this situation.
- Dangerous Goods that are easily accessible During shipment, some risky commodities must be readily accessible.
FedEx® Signature Options for Package Delivery When you require a signature upon delivery, we give three options: Indirect Signature, Required, Direct Signature, Required, and Adult Signature, Required.Indirect Signature, Required is the default choice.The FedEx On Demand Care Program If we take remedial action to protect the integrity of a shipment’s contents while it is in transit at your request, we will charge you for this service.Surcharge for International Deliveries Outside of the U.S.The cost of shipping packages to distant and inaccessible regions outside of the United States is subject to a fee for shipping outside of the delivery area.You may find a list of postal codes or cities, organized by destination country, that are subject to this surcharge at fedex.com/rates-surcharges.
- Surcharge for International Customers Picking Up Outside of the U.S.
- Shipments picked up from remote and less-accessible places outside of the United States are subject to an additional out-of-pickup-area fee.
- For a list of postal codes or cities by origin nation where this surcharge is applicable, see fedex.com/rates-surcharges.
Surcharge for Billing by a Third Party Shipments that are billed to a third party will be subject to an additional fee.It is necessary to charge the surcharge when a FedEx account that is unrelated to the shipper is billed as a third party for the shipment, as determined solely by FedEx.It will be charged to the third-party payer’s credit card account.The definition of a Bill Third Party shipment may be found in the Billing part of the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions, as well as the FedEx Ground Tariff, respectively.Surcharge for Billing by a Third Party Shipments that are billed to a third party will be subject to an additional fee.It is necessary to charge the surcharge when a FedEx account that is unrelated to the shipper is billed as a third party for the shipment, as determined solely by FedEx.It will be charged to the third-party payer’s credit card account.The definition of a Bill Third Party shipment may be found in the Billing part of the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions, as well as the FedEx Ground Tariff, respectively.