You can also sign for packages with the UPS app for iPhone or Android. Sign into the app and tap a package to view delivery options for it. If you can sign for the package online, you’ll see a “Sign” option here. If you don’t see that option, either package doesn’t require a signature or you can’t sign for it online.
How do I sign for a package using ups my choice?
As long as the sender doesn’t require an adult signature, you can often presign for the package using your UPS My Choice account. After logging in, look at your delivery calendar to find the package and then click the entry to see the details. You’ll see the option to sign for the package online if it’s available for that shipment.
How do you know if you have to sign for UPS?
How Do You Know If You Have to Sign for a UPS Delivery? Until a package arrives, a recipient usually does not know whether or not a signature is required by UPS; the sender of the package usually determines if a signature is necessary by opting for Delivery Confirmation Signature Required service.
Do I need to sign for my package online?
What should I do? You only need to sign for packages in certain areas or when it’s required by the sender. UPS My Choice TM members can sign online for eligible packages before a scheduled delivery.
Does ups require a signature for a package?
However, your sender may pay the UPS signature-required cost when the package has a high value or contains something sensitive. If nobody is available when the delivery attempt occurs, UPS will leave an InfoNotice at the point of delivery. This document informs you of any next delivery attempt and provides other options to receive the package.
Can I leave a note for UPS signature required?
Can I leave a note for UPS if signature is required? Yes, you can leave a note directing UPS to have the package signed by a neighbor or have it delivered to a different location. Otherwise, UPS Signature Required packages cannot be delivered unsigned.
Do I have to sign ups online?
First, you need to sign up at the USPS Electronic Signature Online page. USPS also gives you the option to authorize a delivery even if you aren’t home at the moment. This can be completed on the USPS Informed Delivery service page, or with the USPS mobile app, which is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
What happens if UPS doesn’t get a signature?
You could either have your package left at a UPS location, such as The UPS Store or a UPS Access Point® location, or change your instructions. Keep in mind that depending on final destination, transportation fees may apply.
How can I change UPS delivery without signature?
If you can’t presign or want a safer alternative, you can tell UPS to leave the package at your nearest UPS Store or Access Point location, such as CVS or Michaels. Simply go to your package’s tracking page and look for the ‘Change Delivery’ button.
Is UPS standard delivery signed for?
Delivery Confirmation: UPS will provide confirmation of delivery without the recipient’s signature.
Why do I have to sign for a package USPS?
Adult Signature Required is a service that ensures that the recipient of the mail items is at least 21 years of age or above. The recipient or a resident of the recipient’s address is required to show a form of photo identification to the delivery employee for age confirmation.
How do I leave UPS delivery instructions?
To give a gate code, or instructions such as “leave the package in the back door or the patio,” go to ups.com/mychoice or call (800) 742-5877. Tip: For future deliveries, UPS stores your instructions.
How do I know if my package requires a signature?
How do I know if my USPS package requires a signature? You’ll receive notifications from USPS, or see the requirement on your USPS tracking page using the information sent to you by the shipper. A shipping label requiring you to append your signature will also be attached to the package.
Does UPS have a signature release form?
Note: A separate Release Authorization form is required for each package. UPS will not deliver the package unless this Release Authorization is present for the driver to collect when the delivery is attempted. If a neighbor’s address is indicated below, someone at the address must sign for the package.
What happens if you miss a signature required USPS delivery?
If no one is home when the letter carrier attempts delivery, the letter carrier will leave a notice and return the item to the Post Office. Check the notice for specific instructions or call 1·800·ASK·USPS to have the mail redelivered.
What happens if a package needs a signature and no one is home?
If a shipment requires, either an indirect, direct or adult signature, and a delivery attempt is made, but no one is there to sign for the package, the driver will leave a door tag at the recipient’s door. If no signature is required, the shipment will be left at the recipient’s door.
Does UPS charge for redelivery?
We do not charge to redirect packages to UPS customer centers, The UPS Store locations, or UPS Access Point locations. UPS My Choice members will have a fee for delivery change requests to any other addresses. Please know changing the delivery address of your package could delay your scheduled delivery date.
What is USPS signature service?
What Is Signature Confirmation? The USPS offers a service called Signature Confirmation that gives shippers extra peace of mind by requiring a signature from the recipients of their packages. This requires the recipient of your package to positively ID himself before the USPS carrier will deliver the package.
How do you track UPS package?
Is it illegal to sign for UPS package?
Sure, yes they are responsible for signing it and not getting it to you, but you’d have to prove that in a court of law. If the shipper is a decent company, they may reship you the item, but it’s not illegal for them to do not do so. The shipping company is only responsible for delivering it.
How do I track my UPS delivery?
How to Sign For a Package Online (So You Don’t Have to Wait at Home)
- You are not need to be at home to sign for a shipment, even if you have a box on its way to you that requires your approval.
- A large number of packages can be signed for online by UPS and FedEx, and the United States Postal Service also allows you to authorize deliveries that would otherwise not be made if you weren’t present in person.
- The services listed below are the same ones that allow you to examine USPS, UPS, and FedEx items before they are delivered to your home or workplace.
- Moreover, they’re all completely free, but UPS and FedEx do charge for some additional capabilities, such as the option to arrange delivery at a specified time of day.
- UPS My Choice, a free service provided by the company, provides this functionality.
- If you don’t already have a UPS My Choice account, get one now, then login in and click the arriving package icon on your dashboard to get things started.
- You may also sign for items using the UPS app, which is available for iPhone and Android devices.
- When you sign into the app, tap on a shipment to see the delivery choices available for it.
- The ″Sign″ button will appear if you are able to sign for the box while it is being delivered.
- You will not see that choice if your shipment does not require a signature or if you do not have the ability to sign for it online.
For example, the sender may have specified that it must be signed for by an adult over the age of 21 who lives at the address.The ″Provide Delivery Instructions″ button may be found on the right side of the details screen if the item does not require a signature but you are afraid that UPS will not leave it for you.Select a place where you’d want UPS to leave the parcel by clicking the ″Leave At″ box and typing in the address.Tell them to leave it at the rear door, on the deck, or with a door person or management office at your home, to name a few possibilities.Additionally, if you want the UPS delivery person to enter through a secure gate or door, you can supply a security code to them.
- If you have signed up for the FedEx Delivery Manager service, you will be able to sign for items online.
- Select one of the inbound parcels from your dashboard by going to the Delivery Manager page and clicking it.
- If you haven’t already, you may sign up for FedEx services on the company’s website.
- It is also accessible in the FedEx Delivery Manager app for iPhone and Android, which can be downloaded from the App Store.
- Sign into the app using your account information, and then touch an arriving item to see its available alternatives.
- To sign for a package online, select the ″Sign for a Package″ option from the drop-down menu.
If it’s grayed out, it means that the box either doesn’t require a signature or that FedEx requires you to sign for it in person before it can be delivered.Example: If the sender specifies that a ″adult signature is necessary,″ FedEx will demand a person over the age of 21 to sign for the delivery in person.This option is used for deliveries that contain alcoholic beverages, for instance.Other package choices are available to you here, such as providing FedEx with delivery directions for where all parcels should be left or instructing FedEx to keep the box at a place where you may pick it up.While you may offer delivery instructions for shipments here by clicking ″Provide Delivery Instructions,″ keep in mind that these instructions will be applied to all other incoming items in the future as well as the packages you have already received.
US Postal Service
- Sign up for the free USPS Informed Delivery service if you want to authorize the release of a parcel from the United States Postal Service.
- On your dashboard, choose a shipment that is scheduled to arrive.
- If you haven’t already, you may sign up for it online.
- However, you will need to wait for the United States Postal Service to send you a code in the mail before you can access your account.
- With the USPS Informed Delivery app for iPhone or Android, you may also complete this process on your phone.
- Sign into the app and select a bundle to see the choices associated with it.
Here, you may add delivery instructions by clicking ″Add Delivery Instructions.″ If you notice the message ″Note: DI not available for this shipment,″ it means that either the package does not require a signature or that you must present a signature in person to complete the transaction.For example, the USPS Informed Delivery FAQ states that delivery instructions may not be accessible for a variety of reasons, including when the item is insured for more than $500, needs an in-person signature, or was delivered as Registered Mail.While many packages will be ineligible for delivery instructions, delivery instructions are still a convenient way to tell the United States Postal Service to leave a package at your address that they would otherwise only hand to you in person, as the US Postal Service’s social media team has pointed out on its website.When you click the ″Select One″ box, you will be able to instruct USPS on what to do with your shipment.Consider having them leave it on your back porch or handing it over to a neighbor who you have designated as a safety deposit box (or both).
Front door, back door, side door, on the porch, Neighbor (address required), Other (further instructions necessary), and garage are all available as options for delivery.For some UPS and FedEx deliveries, you may also be able to prepare a handwritten letter instructing UPS or FedEx to leave the box in a specific area (or with a neighbor), sign it, and leave it taped to your front door on the day the delivery is scheduled to take place.However, if UPS or FedEx would accept a physical note in this manner, you should be able to sign for the shipment online in the same manner as well.Photograph courtesy of wavebreakmedia/Shutterstock.com.
How to Get a UPS ″Signature Required″ Package Delivered if Nobody’s Home
- It doesn’t matter whether you’ve purchased some equipment or are shipping important company documents; UPS may request a signature from anyone present at the place or from an adult who is 21 years old or older.
- If you know ahead of time that no one will be present to sign for your item on the planned delivery day, UPS provides you the choice to reschedule the delivery, have your box delivered somewhere else, or reserve it for collection at a later date.
- Sometimes you can even presign for the shipment online, saving you the time and inconvenience of having to wait for another delivery attempt.
Understanding the UPS Delivery Process
- When you get a box through UPS, you don’t always have to be concerned about having someone accessible to sign for the package when it arrives.
- The driver will simply drop off your delivery between the hours of 9 a.m.
- and 7 p.m.
- at your address and store it somewhere that is deemed safe.
- Your sender, on the other hand, may be responsible for the UPS signature-required cost if the item is of high value or includes anything of high sensitivity.
- If no one is present at the time of the delivery attempt, UPS will leave an InfoNotice at the location of the attempted delivery.
This document notifies you of any upcoming delivery attempts and offers you with other methods of receiving the product.If you don’t get the shipment delivered within three attempts, UPS will send it back to the sender on your behalf.
Presigning Through UPS My Choice
- As long as the sender does not demand an adult signature, you may typically presign for the shipment using your UPS My Choice account if the sender does not require an adult signature.
- After checking in, check your delivery calendar to see if the shipment has arrived, and then click on the entry to view more information.
- If the option to sign for the box online is available for that particular shipment, you’ll be able to access it.
- However, before selecting this option, be certain that you have a secure spot where the driver may leave the product to avoid theft.
Requesting a Package Hold
- Alternatively, you can instruct UPS to leave the delivery at your local UPS Store or Access Point location, such as CVS or Michaels, if you are unable to sign for it or prefer a safer alternative.
- Simply browse to the tracking page for your item and search for the ″Change Delivery″ button.
- It’s that simple.
- The option to send the product to a different address must be selected, and then the Access Point must be selected by following the instructions.
- You may be required to pick up your box from a locker or a representative, depending on the location.
- You should be prepared to show identification, such as your tracking number and photo identification.
If your box is being held in a UPS locker, you may be able to get access by entering a specific code that has been provided to your phone.
Rerouting Your UPS Package
- It’s possible to have your box left at your local UPS Store or Access Point site, such as CVS or Michaels, if you can’t presign or prefer a more secure method of shipping.
- Simply go to the tracking page for your item and search for the ″Change Delivery″ button.
- It is that simple.
- Pick the option to send the item to a different address and follow the on-screen prompts to select the appropriate Access Point (if necessary).
- A locker or representative may be available for you to use depending on where you are located.
- Provide proper identification, including your tracking number and photo ID, when requested.
The UPS locker where your box is located may require the usage of a unique code that has been issued to your mobile phone in order to get access.
Rescheduling the Package Delivery
- When you know what time you’ll be available to sign for your shipment, you may go to the tracking page for your parcel and request a different delivery date and time ahead of time.
- You will save time by not having to wait for a UPS InfoNotice, and you will be able to select a two-hour period that is convenient for you.
- There is a price for this service unless you are a UPS My Choice Premium member who is entitled to two delivery-time modifications per year at no additional cost.
Handling Missed UPS Packages
- When UPS fails to deliver a package because you were unable to sign for it, you should get a UPS InfoNotice at your door or other point of delivery.
- This paper will frequently mention that UPS will attempt a second delivery attempt and will suggest alternate delivery choices if you are still unable to accept the delivery.
- You can, for example, sign the notification and request that the box be picked up at a UPS site or that the delivery date be changed.
- Additionally, you can make changes to the package’s delivery options by logging into the UPS My Choice website.
How Do You Know If You Have to Sign for a UPS Delivery?
- A receiver normally does not know whether or not a signature is required by UPS until the box arrives; the sender of the package usually selects whether or not a signature is required by UPS by selecting the Delivery Confirmation Signature Required option.
- Some UPS drivers may require that deliveries on their routes be signed for, but recipients who do not wish to be required to be present to accept a package can enroll in a special program that allows them to opt out of signing and authorizes UPS to leave packages without signatures at their residence.
- The UPS My Choice initiative allows package receivers to choose whether or not they want to sign for their items.
- This service is available online, but it may not be available in locations where items cannot be delivered without a signature, and it may not be available if the sender has expressly selected Delivery Confirmation Signature Required on the delivery confirmation form.
- The function, which is referred to as Authorize Shipment Release, is applicable to all future shipments after the user has signed up for it.
- After signing up for the UPS My Choice program, it usually begins working within 5 minutes of the enrollment process being completed.
In order to receive items that require signatures, UPS customers who choose My Choice will need to allow each package delivery individually.This may be accomplished by tracking the parcel online and selecting the Provide Delivery Instructions option.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM REFERENCE.COM
I won’t be home to sign for my package. What should I do?: UPS
- You only need to sign for shipments in specific places or when the sender specifically requests that you do so.
- Members of the UPS My ChoiceTM program can sign for qualifying items online before a scheduled delivery.
- Alternatively, if you want, you may have the parcel delivered to a different place where someone can sign on your behalf instead.
- If the sender has stated that an adult signature is necessary, you will not be able to request delivery release online unless the sender has specified otherwise.
- You can, on the other hand, refer it to a UPS customer service center.
- If you’ve specified in your UPS My Choice settings that deliveries be left with a specific individual, such as a concierge or office manager, you will not be able to authorize release through the website.
You have the option of having your item left at a UPS site, such as The UPS Store or a UPS Access Point® location, or you can modify your delivery instructions entirely.Also bear in mind that, depending on the ultimate location, additional transportation expenses may be required.Instructions for Making Changes to My Driver To return a UPS InfoNotice® that has already been delivered, you must sign on the reverse of the notice and leave it where the delivery vehicle was previously parked.
How to Know If Your UPS Shipment Needs a Signature
- If you work during normal business hours, you’ve probably experienced the agony of getting home to discover a sticky note on your door saying ″Sorry we missed you.″ In most cases, this implies that a delivery service placed the goods at your door, but it required a signature to complete the transaction.
- The United Parcel Service (UPS) offers this service to shippers who want to ensure that their packages reach their intended recipients at the expense of a few more dollars, although most of the time they will pass on it unless the item is of great value.
- However, if this occurs, you will be required to travel to the nearest UPS pickup facility unless you are certain that you will be at home the next time UPS attempts to deliver your item.
- In order to make the necessary arrangements, it is beneficial to be aware that a signature will be requested in advance.
- How to Determine Whether Your UPS Package Requires a Signature Photograph courtesy of interstid/iStock/Getty Images
Verify Shipment Method
- If you have received any emails from the sender, reviewing those communications is the best approach to figure out how your UPS shipment was dispatched.
- It’s possible that anything in the email will show which delivery alternatives were selected by the recipient.
- If not, have a look at the UPS tracking website for more information.
- If it doesn’t yield any results, consider contacting UPS to inquire.
- Some things, by their very nature, need the addition of a signature to ensure receipt.
- UPS mandates that alcoholic beverages and guns be transported using Adult Signature Required, which is somewhat more expensive but requires that someone over the age of 21 be present to sign the package.
Especially if the item being delivered requires a high-dollar transaction with a stranger, the sender is more likely to have included signature confirmation in order to have proof that not only did the item arrive, but that someone in your household accepted delivery of it.
- Even shipping companies are conscious of the fact that their delivery windows conflict with the everyday schedule of the ordinary consumer.
- Previously, receivers could get around the problem by having items delivered to their place of employment, but the rise of internet shopping has prompted many workplaces to forbid this practice.
- Instead, delivery providers have devised their own workarounds to accommodate folks who work 9 to 5.
- For UPS, this convenience is given through MyChoice, a service that allows users to select delivery times in advance of receiving their packages.
- If you pick this option, you can choose someone else to sign for you or have your shipment delivered to a UPS customer care center instead.
- UPS Access Point TM allows you to permit your items to be delivered to a location nearby that has extended business hours, such as a retail store.
Depending on the situation, you may be able to sign either in advance or on the spot, but keep in mind that certain shippers will only route items to a recipient’s residence.In the event that you’re anxiously anticipating a UPS cargo, you won’t have to sit at home for several days.You can find out exactly when your shipment will arrive and whether or not you will be required to be there at the time it arrives by combining a number of different services.
UPS Signature Required Explained (+ FAQ)
- The following are the main points: UPS Signature Required is only one of the delivery confirmation services offered by UPS
- Shipping high-value products, confidential papers, alcoholic drinks, and medications using the UPS Signature Required and delivery confirmation services is common practice.
- The UPS Signature Required, UPS Adult Signature Required, and UPS Delivery Confirmation are all value-added services that demand a signature upon delivery
- you can choose from these three options.
- It’s a good idea to consider the security of delivery. After all, porch piracy is on the rise, and shipments are being stolen on a daily basis. Taking extra precautions to guarantee that your product reaches its intended destination is frequently worth the small additional cost. Prior to a package being released into the receiver’s custody, UPS Signature Required is an optional value-added service that requires the recipient to sign for the package. You and the customer will both benefit from the piece of mind that comes with a successful delivery in this manner. For a modest cost, you can choose from three different UPS delivery confirmation services, which are as follows: UPS Signature Required
- UPS Adult Signature Required
- UPS Delivery Confirmation
- UPS Signature Required
- UPS Signature Required
- This blog provides you with all of the information you need regarding UPS Signature Required and other UPS confirmation services.
- Are you looking to save money on UPS shipping?
- You may save up to 89 percent off all UPS retail prices when you use Easyship.
- You’ll also save money on more than 250 global shipping solutions, including USPS, FedEx, and others.
- In order to save money, simply use our free shipping rates calculator to determine how much money you may save on your next UPS package.
Table of Contents
01 What does the UPS Signature Requirement entail? 02 The Advantages of UPS Signature Required, and so on. Third, the Cost of the UPS Signature Requirement Fourth, UPS Signature Is Required Has Restrictions 05 Instructions for Using UPS Signature Required 06 UPS Signature Is Required, but Easyship Is Also Available 07 UPS Signature Required Frequently Asked Questions
What Is UPS Signature Required?
- There are several delivery confirmation services offered by UPS, and UPS Signature Required is one of them.
- Delivery confirmation is required before a package may be delivered, and it must be signed for by the receiver or a responsible person.
- In other words, the package cannot be delivered unless the receiver is physically there to accept it.
- UPS will not deliver the package until it has received a signature from the recipient.
- Delivery confirmation services are offered by all of the major courier companies.
- This is due to the fact that package security and assured delivery are extremely crucial to both merchants and customers at the same time.
These services are regularly utilized by those who are shipping or receiving products that are of high value, valuable, or potentially harmful in nature (like firearms).When you purchase your shipping label, either on the courier’s website or through Easyship, you have the option of include delivery confirmation services in your cargo.Packages that have not been signed for are returned to the local delivery hub for redelivery.The delivery person leaves a paper notice as well as an online message to let you know that a delivery attempt has been made and that another effort will be made shortly.Using these alerts, a shipper may check on the status of a shipment and determine whether or not it has been delivered securely.
Meanwhile, the receiver may be certain that their order will only be delivered to their location and not to anybody else.UPS provides three different types of delivery confirmation services, which are as follows:
UPS Signature Required
- When a package is delivered, UPS requires the recipient to sign it or provide an electronic equivalent.
- As the shipper, you will receive a confirmation message after the delivery has been completed.
- On the UPS tracking page that relates to the cargo, you may see the recipient’s signature or electronic acceptance of receipt, whichever is applicable.
- For both local and international shipments, the UPS Signature Required service is offered.
UPS Adult Signature Required
- The package must be signed for by someone who is at least 21 years old before it may be released.
- To verify their age, the receiver must present a government-issued picture identification card.
- The shipper is notified after UPS has obtained the adult signature and has handed the package over to the recipient’s address.
- On the package tracking page, shippers may see the signature and delivery information that has been provided.
- All items containing alcoholic drinks or guns must be sent by UPS with an Adult Signature Required label attached.
- Both domestic and international shipments are eligible for this service.
UPS Delivery Confirmation
- Following delivery, UPS sends the shipper an email with the delivery information.
- This contains the delivery date and time, as well as the recipient’s name on the parcel.
- There is no requirement for a signature.
- If a shipment with Delivery Confirmation is returned, the return date as well as the reason for the return are displayed on the tracking page for that product’s location.
- Only available for domestic delivery inside the United States.
The Benefits of UPS Signature Required, Etc.
When transporting high-value commodities, confidential papers, alcoholic drinks, and medications, UPS Signature Required and delivery confirmation services are frequently employed. However, these services are not provided for free, so what exactly is the benefit?
- In particular, when it comes to high-value or risky cargo, having peace of mind is essential. Each party involved may attest that the package arrived in perfect condition
- both the shipper and the recipient can confirm this.
- Shipments containing alcoholic drinks or guns are intended for adults only
- children are not permitted to receive such shipments. Using UPS Adult Signature Required, the shipper may assure that the package delivery is completed successfully and without excessive danger to the recipient.
- Payment as soon as shipments are delivered: Shippers that have a UPS account may get proof of delivery online as soon as packages are delivered. This facilitates the processing of payments.
The Cost of UPS Signature Required
- The cost of UPS Signature Required varies based on whatever option you select. The following are the UPS Signature Delivery Confirmation service charges for the year 2021: UPS Signature Required: $5.55 per parcel
- UPS Adult Signature Required: $6.70 for parcel
- UPS Delivery Confirmation: $2 per parcel
- UPS Signature Required: $5.55 per parcel
- UPS Signature Required: $6.70 per parcel
You can also pay for a verbal confirmation of delivery if you prefer that method. This implies that the delivery person will have access to the phone number that is provided on your package. The service is offered exclusively with UPS Next Day Air Early for a fee of $3 per item delivered (aka Overnight).
Restrictions of UPS Signature Required
- Delivery confirmation services are available for the majority of shipments, but not all of them. The following domestic and international delivery services are available with UPS Signature Required and additional confirmation services: Domestic: Priority Mail
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Plus
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS 2nd Day Air Select
- UPS Ground
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS Ground Saver
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M. A.M. A.M. A.M.
- International: UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Saver
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
- UPS Standard
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
- UPS Standard
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Saver
- UPS Worldwide Saver
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- UPS Standard
- There are several limitations to the various UPS signature delivery confirmation options available. You should be aware of them and arrange your shipments in accordance with their requirements. Restriction on the provision of services: If you’re sending alcoholic beverages or guns, you’ll need to acquire an Adult Signature Required permit. It is possible that you will be compelled to ship using UPS Next Day Air delivery service, which might be rather expensive. Look through our free shipping rate calculator to get the most competitive pricing on UPS Next Day Air
- Surcharges in addition to the above: The cost of the signature confirmation service after ordering a shipping label will be charged in addition to the shipping label price.
- Covid-19 is a UPS signature required item. Restrictions: UPS delivery confirmation services will no longer demand a signature till further notice in order to make delivery contactless during COVID periods. beneficiaries must instead present a valid picture identification card in order to confirm receipt of the package.
How to Use UPS Signature Required
- UPS Signature Required and other delivery confirmation services function in the same way as standard package tracking..
- For further information on the status and details of your package, just log into your UPS account or click on the delivery confirmation link.
- Packages are delivered to recipients who are notified of their arrival.
- This helps them remember to be there to sign for items when they get them.
- A driver will leave an InfoNotice at the place of delivery if the receiver is not at home while a package is being delivered.
- This slip of paper contains the date and time of the next planned delivery attempt, as well as information on additional possibilities for getting the parcel.
These particulars may also be found on the UPS website’s order tracking page, which is tailored to the particular order.UPS will attempt to deliver the box three times before returning it to the shipper’s location.
UPS Signature Required and Easyship
- Is it necessary for UPS to obtain a signature?
- That is all up to you.
- Shippers of sensitive papers, high-ticket products, alcoholic beverages, and guns might benefit from the UPS Signature Required service.
- It makes both you and the consumer feel more comfortable.
- For little than $5, you may actually purchase piece of mind regarding your package.
- The use of Easyship may save all merchants up to 89 percent off the retail price of every UPS shipping.
Create your free Easyship account right now to begin saving money.
UPS Signature Required FAQ
- What happens if you are not at home to accept a UPS package?
- UPS will leave an InfoNotice at your address indicating the day and time of the next planned delivery attempt, as well as the location where you may pick up the goods.
- After three failed delivery attempts, the product is returned to the shipper for repackaging.
- Is it possible for me to leave a note for UPS if a signature is required?
- In such case, you can leave a note asking UPS to get a neighbor to sign the item or have it delivered to a new address.
- Otherwise, items that require UPS Signature Required cannot be delivered until they are signed for.
What is the best way to know if a UPS shipment requires a signature?You’ll receive an email with tracking information as well as information on whether or not your shipment will require a signature upon arrival.Alternative method is to check whether such a requirement is present on the UPS tracking page by inputting your tracking number.Once again, a UPS Signature Required label will be applied to the outside of your shipment.
How to Sign for a Package Online if You Know You’ll Be Away
- What happens if you aren’t home to accept a UPS package when it comes to your doorstep?
- Upon arrival at your property, UPS will leave an InfoNotice indicating the next scheduled delivery attempt, as well as the location where you may pick up your item.
- The cargo is returned to the shipper after three failed delivery attempts.
- If a signature is necessary, may I leave a note for UPS?
- In such case, you can leave a note directing UPS to get a neighbor to sign the item or to deliver it to a new address.
- Otherwise, items that require UPS Signature Required cannot be delivered unless they are signed for upon delivery.
Whether a UPS delivery is needed to be signed, how can you know if it is?You’ll receive an email with tracking information as well as information on whether or not your box will require a signature upon receipt.Alternative method is to check whether such a requirement is present on the UPS tracking page by inputting your tracking number into the box provided.Once again, a UPS Signature Required label will be applied to your item for your convenience.
How to Sign for a Package Online Using UPS
- UPS (United Parcel Service) is one of the world’s major shipping and delivery companies, with operations in more than 200 countries.
- UPS offers a special service called ″USP My Choice″ that allows you to have complete control over your deliveries.
- If you sign up for this option, you will be able to not only sign for goods online, but you will also be able to personalize the specifications of your shipment.
- In other words, you may keep track of your orders, receive customized notifications when your order’s status changes, and even modify the delivery route of your products if necessary.
- You will not be charged for this service, and all you need to do is register for an account on their website.
- You can even use your phone to download the mobile version of the program, which is compatible with both iPhones and Android devices, to your computer.
Keep in mind that not all shipments are required to have a signature attached to them.If you are needed to sign for the box, it is determined by the firm or individual from whom you purchased the item.Some firms will only take signatures for pricey items if you are 21 years old or older, according to the company.This is how you may determine whether your package requires a signature or whether it does not:
- Access your UPS My Choice account by clicking here.
- On your dashboard, you can see the bundle you ordered
- Examine the available delivery alternatives
- Unless otherwise specified, if you see the ″Sign″ option, the package does require your signature.
- That being the case, simply input all of your information and you’ll be all set.
- If the ″Sign″ option isn’t available, you won’t be required to sign for your delivery.
- You may also select the precise location where you want your delivery to be delivered at this stage.
- Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit UPS My Choice for more information.
- Select your order by clicking on it.
- To provide delivery instructions, go to the ″View Details″ page and pick the ″Provide Delivery Instructions″ button.
- Choose the location where you want your product to be delivered under ″Leave at″ (front door, rear door, porch, garage, deck, etc.). If you like, you may even include a security code.
- Once you have completed all of the delivery instructions, click ″OK.″
Another alternative is to reroute the shipment to a different place so that someone else may accept responsibility for it. If an adult is required to sign for your shipment, you will not be able to request delivery release online if this is the case. What you can do instead is have your delivery sent to a UPS customer facility, where you may personally pick up your box.
How to Sign for a Package Online Using FedEx
- FedEx is yet another postal service that allows you to electronically sign for a package.
- The FedEx Delivery Manager, in fact, allows you to redirect your orders and track your packages, and they even provide the option of holding your package for an additional 14 days at no additional cost.
- Indirect signatures, adult signatures, and direct signatures are all examples of the types of signatures that may be required for your package.
- It is possible to sign it even if you know you will not be present.
- There are three options.
- The first is to redirect your package to a FedEx location for a period of two weeks at the very least.
The second option is to reroute your order to a different location, or you can choose to change the date on which it is delivered.Keep in mind that there is an additional fee for this service.The third and final option is to have your package signed electronically rather than physically.FedEx Delivery Manager is a website that allows you to track your packages, and the FedEx mobile app, which is available for both Android and iPhone devices, allows you to track your packages.However, keep in mind that electronic signatures are only allowed for indirect signature requirements.
If your package requires an adult or direct signature, then you have to sign it in person.To sign for a package online, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the FedEx website using your browser.
- To register or log in, click here.
- Select the ″Delivery Manager″ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Go to your dashboard to view a list of all of your recent orders.
- Find out what your order is
- Select the ″Sign for a Package″ option and complete the form with all of the required information.
- If the box is grayed out, it indicates that the parcel does not need to be signed, or that you must sign it in person at the post office.
- The ″Provide Delivery Instructions″ page, where you can describe any unique delivery requirements you might have, is another option at this stage.
- You have the ability to schedule your delivery, amend your mailing address, and have it held at a FedEx distribution center.
How to Sign for a Package Online Using USPS
- The electronic signature option is also available through the United States Postal Service, or USPS.
- To begin, you must register with the United States Postal Service Electronic Signature Online website.
- You will see the option to ″Apply your USPS Electronic Signature Online″ next to any parcel that is presently on its way to you every time you check on it in the USPS tracking system.
- If the signature is not visible, it signifies that you will be needed to sign it in person.
- A confirmation notice will appear on your screen once you have signed for the delivery, stating that ″Your USPS Electronic Online Signature has been applied.″ Additionally, the United States Postal Service allows you to authorize a delivery even if you are not there to receive it.
- Informed delivery can be conducted on the United States Postal Service’s Informed Delivery service page or using the USPS mobile app, which is accessible for both Android and iPhone smartphones.
Creating an account is also required, so if you don’t have one now, go ahead and get one right away.What you need to do next is as follows:
- Visit the United States Postal Program’s Informed Delivery service.
- Obtain access to your account
- On the dashboard, look for the bundle that you bought
- ″Add Delivery Instructions″ is the next step.
- Select the location on your home where you want your delivery delivered from the ″Select one″ drop-down menu
- for example, the front or backyard.
- The message ″Note: DI not available for this delivery″ suggests that you either do not need to sign the package when it arrives, or that you must do so in person when the box is delivered to your location.
- Packages with a value greater than $500 must be signed in person by the recipient.
- You can indicate that the product should be delivered to your location even if you are not there at the time of delivery at this stage.
How do I provide my signature electronically?
- Depending on the device that you are using, the method by which you submit your electronic signature will differ.
- As an example, if you are applying for an electronic signature on a document using your computer, you may sign your name using your computer’s mouse or a laptop mouse pad.
- If, on the other hand, you are using a mobile device or a tablet, you may write your signature on the screen using your finger or a pen by touching the screen.
- This alternative is far less annoying, not to mention simpler.
Are electronic signatures safe to use?
- This is a frequently asked question, and the answer is yes in most cases.
- Digital signatures are believed to be safe, and they are employed by a large number of businesses and services, both in the private and public sectors, to protect their customers’ information.
- The reason why electronic signatures are considered to be safe is that it is extremely difficult to forge an electronic signature.
- For example, when it comes to delivery services, certain companies go the additional mile to ensure that your identification is verified.
- For example, the United States Postal Service (USPS) needs you to show that it is indeed your signature, either by a code delivered to your phone or through in-person identification verification at a post office.
- People also have a tendency to believe that electronic signatures are not legally enforceable.
This isn’t the case at all.That something is legally binding just because it was signed electronically as opposed to physically does not imply that it is less legally binding.
Sign Your Packages Online and Feel Free to Step Out
- You should now understand how to sign for a shipment online utilizing a variety of delivery providers.
- This function is particularly convenient since it allows you to leave your house with the confidence that your shipment will be ready for you when you return.
- These delivery services provide you with a variety of useful alternatives; all you have to do is figure out which one is the most convenient for you.
- Have you ever signed for a shipment that you received through the internet?
- Are any of the delivery services listed in this article anything you’ve used?
- Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
USPS Signature Required Explained (+ FAQ)
- Important Points:USPS Signature Confirmation is a value-added service that requires the recipient or a responsible party to sign for the release of a package
- USPS Adult Signature Confirmation requires someone 21 years or older to sign for the package
- USPS Express Signature Confirmation requires someone 21 years or older to sign for the package
- The USPS Signature Confirmation service is only available for shipments within the United States.
- It is now more vital than ever to ensure that packages are delivered safely. Nowadays, internet buyers have come to anticipate dependability from online retailers. Meanwhile, parcel theft (also known as porch piracy) is becoming more prevalent. Signature confirmation services assist you in ensuring that shipments arrive in the condition that they were intended. Signature Confirmation is a value-added service provided by the United States Postal Service that requires the receiver or a responsible person to sign for the delivery of an item. This service provides peace of mind to both shippers and consumers, which is especially important for companies shipping high-value products. It is only available for delivery within the United States. There are four delivery confirmation services offered by the United States Postal Service for a modest fee: USPS Signature Confirmation, USPS Adult Signature Confirmation, USPS Restricted Delivery, and USPS Adult Signature Restricted Delivery.
- In this article, we will go through Signature Confirmation and other comparable USPS services in further detail.
- Do you want to save money on USPS shipping?
- Easyship provides you with immediate savings of up to 89 percent off the USPS retail rates.
- You’ll also save money on more than 250 international shipping solutions, including UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Try our shipping free shipping rates calculator to get an idea of the savings you can expect.
Table of Contents
- 01 What is USPS Signature Confirmation and how does it work?
- 02 The Cost of Signature Confirmation by the United States Postal Service 03 Restrictions on the Use of the United States Postal Service Signature Required 04 How to Make Use of the United States Postal Service Signature Confirmation Easyship offers five different USPS signature options.
- 06 Frequently Asked Questions About USPS Shipping Confirmation
What is USPS Signature Confirmation?
- Signature Confirmation is a value-added service provided by the United States Postal Service that requires the receiver or a responsible person to sign for the delivery of their item. In other words, the package cannot be delivered unless the receiver is physically there to accept it. They must also present a valid picture identification card to prove their identity. The parcel will not be delivered until a signature has been acquired from the recipient. When a package is delivered, the United States Postal Service (USPS) notifies the sender by sending a delivery confirmation. The date, time, and place of delivery are all included in this information. Packages that are not signed for are returned to the delivery hub where they were first delivered. The delivery person leaves a paper notice as well as an online message to let you know that a delivery attempt has been made and that another effort will be made shortly. Using these alerts, a shipper may check on the status of a shipment and determine whether or not it has been delivered securely. Meanwhile, the receiver may be confident that their order will only be in their possession when it is intended. The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides four delivery confirmation services, including: Signature Confirmation through the United States Postal Service: The shipment can be signed for by the receiver or any other responsible adult in the home.
- Adult Signature Confirmation (USPS): The shipment must be signed for by someone who is 21 years or older.
- Only a specific person may sign for and receive the parcel when it is delivered via USPS Restricted Delivery. You must use this service in conjunction with another additional service, such as Signature Required, Certified Mail, Collect on Delivery (COD), Insured Mail (over $500), or Registered Mail. USPS Adult Signature Restricted Delivery: Only a specified adult can sign for and receive the package. USPS Adult Signature Restricted Delivery: Only a specified adult can sign for and receive the package. It is only possible to use this service if you send certified mail, insured mail (above $500), COD mail, or registered mail.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers the option for recipients to sign for their parcels online.
Benefits of USPS Signature Confirmation
- It is possible that receiving delivery confirmation will make you and the receiver feel more at peace. Particularly relevant in the case of high-value and sensitive cargo
- Delivery with care: The USPS Adult Signature Confirmation service helps to verify that sensitive goods such as alcohol or CBD products are handled by responsible adults.
The Cost of USPS Signature Confirmation
- The service of signature confirmation can be ordered in conjunction with your shipping label for a nominal cost. Signature Confirmation from the United States Postal Service and similar services can be obtained for the following shipping services: Priority Mail, Parcel Select, First Class, Media Mail, Retail Ground, and Package Services are some of the options available.
- As an added bonus, Priority Mail Express packages are automatically provided with signature confirmation services. The cost of USPS Signature Confirmation and its variations varies depending on the service. You may purchase these services via the United States Postal Service website, shipping providers such as Easyship, or at a Post Office location. The following are the fees for delivery confirmation services provided by the United States Postal Service: Signature of the United States Postal Service Required: Postage at the post office is $3.20
- USPS.com or Easyship is $2.70
- USPS Adult Signature Required:
- Delivery by the United States Postal Service with Restrictions: A signature confirmation costs $8.10 online and $8.60 at the post office
- certified mail costs $9.15 and COD costs $5.40
- insured mail costs $5.40 and registered mail costs $5.34
- registered mail costs $5.34 and insured mail costs $5.40.
- USPS Adult Signature Restricted Delivery:
Restrictions of USPS Signature Required
- There are certain limitations to USPS Signature Confirmation and related services, including the following: It is only accessible for domestic shipments within the United States that USPS Signature Confirmation is utilized. When shipping internationally, this service is accessible to you.
- The package must be more than 3/4 inch thick in order to be considered for delivery. During transportation, thinner things must be packed in a sturdy box or container so that they do not lose their shape or collapse
- Limited availability: USPS Signature Confirmation is not accessible for mail delivered to APO/FPO/DPO addresses or parcels addressed to ZIP codes in certain Freely Associated States and Territories, as noted below:
How to Use USPS Signature Confirmation
- Signature confirmation services function in the same way as standard USPS tracking services.
- The tracking page for your cargo will provide you with the most up-to-date information on the progress of your shipment.
- You can also contact the United States Postal Service’s customer service number.
- If the addressee is not at home, the driver of the United States Postal Service leaves a letter.
- This letter informs the receiver of the next planned delivery time as well as the address of the nearest Post Office where they can pick up their parcel.
- The United States Postal Service will make a further 1-2 delivery efforts after the first.
Undeliverable packages that have not been delivered after a few tries are kept at the local Post Office for 15 days before being returned to the sender.
USPS Signature Options With Easyship
- Is a signature required by the United States Postal Service?
- Unless you acquire Signature Confirmation or equivalent services, you will not be able to.
- For a few dollars, you can ensure that your shipment reaches its final destination safely.
- In the event that you’re delivering valuable or expensive things, one of the USPS signature needed services may be right for you.
- Customers may save up to 89 percent off all USPS retail prices by using Easyship to send their packages.
- Take, for example, the savings you’d receive if you sent an 8-pound item from New York to Denver using a shipping calculator.
Considering the savings of 66 percent over USPS Priority Express, the $29.99 monthly charge for Easyship pays for itself in a relatively short period of time.Alternatively, if you ship 100 or less parcels every month, Easyship is completely free for you.Are you ready to start putting money aside?Create a free Easyship account to get started.FAQs about USPS Shipping ConfirmationCan I opt out of USPS’s signature confirmation program?
Yes, you can opt out of the United States Postal Service’s signature confirmation requirement, allowing the carrier to deliver mail without the recipient’s signature.What is the best way to determine whether my USPS shipment requires a signature?You will get alerts from USPS, or you will see the requirement on your USPS tracking page if the shipper has provided you with the necessary information.A shipping label requiring your signature will also be affixed to the shipment, which you will need to sign.Is it possible to provide signature confirmation after shipping?
No.When shipping, this service must be bought either online at usps.com or in person at the Post Office during normal business hours.When it comes to certified mail, what is the difference between that and signature confirmation?
Certified mail provides the sender with a postal receipt as confirmation that an item was delivered on a specific date, as well as the option of requesting electronic verification of arrival if desired.Signature confirmation informs the sender of the recipient’s signature, as well as the recipient’s name, delivery date, and delivery address, among other information.Is it necessary to have a signature for Priority Mail?
- Priority Mail packages are eligible for signature confirmation by the United States Postal Service.
- It is the shipper’s responsibility to charge a fee for adding signature requirements to their goods.
- What happens if you aren’t at home when a package is delivered?
- It is possible that delivery personnel will leave a letter at your property informing you of the next planned delivery attempt or providing you with instructions on how to pick up your item at the nearby Post Office.
Sending and Receiving Mail
Some helpful mailing suggestions for both senders and recipients are provided below.
- You may send mail in a variety of ways, including: dropping it into a blue collection box
- leaving it in your home mailbox
- scheduling a pickup
- and taking it to a Post Office.
There are several ways to send mail: dropping it into a blue collection box, leaving it in your mailbox, scheduling a pickup, and taking it to a Post Office.
Scheduling a Pickup
- Package Pickup or Pickup On Demand, as well as time-specific Pickup On Demand, are just a few of the USPS pickup alternatives that make mailing your parcels simple and easy.
- Package Pickup is a simple and convenient way to send qualified packages to the recipient.
- Simply submit your request online at and have your products ready to go before your carrier delivers them.
- That is all there is to it!
- Pickup On Demand allows you to plan time-specific pickups within a two-hour time limit by calling the company.
- For a charge, a letter carrier will make a special journey to your house or place of business to pick up qualified parcels that have been postage-paid in advance.
Multiple pieces of mail can be collected without incurring any further charges.Call 1-800-222-1811 for more information, including qualified packages, or to schedule a pickup for your package.
- If you expect to be out of town for work or pleasure, you may want to consider temporarily suspending mail delivery while you are away.
- To request that the United States Postal Service hold your mail for up to 30 days, contact 1 800 ASK USPS or fill out a ″Hold Mail″ form at your local Postal Service.
- In order to receive your mail upon your return, you may either pick it up at the Post Office or have it delivered to your residence.
Changing an Address and Mail Forwarding
- You should obtain a copy of the Mover’s Guide from your local post office and submit the completed form to your letter carrier or your local post office before you move.
- You may also save time and money by changing your address online for a modest cost rather than going to the Post Office.
- It’s quick and simple—it t