Amazon retailers should be able to send out new packages or can issue refunds to the customer. For third-party Amazon orders, contact the seller directly as part of Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee. Give the seller a day to respond to your chat. After that, you can proceed to the claim process for the missing or stolen package.
How do I recover my lost package from Amazon?
Here’s what we recommend you to do recover your package. Go to Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Find order in question and click ‘Order Details’ > view ‘Shipping Address’ to ensure it is correct
How do I file an Amazon stolen package claim?
File an Amazon stolen package claim. There is a program available through Amazon known as the A-to-Z Guarantee. If you are unable to get a resolution from your seller, consider filing a claim through this program.
How often are packages stolen from Amazon?
Some of the latest reports state that 1.7 million packages are stolen every day. It can be really frustrating if you suspect a package has been stolen, but following a few steps will help you focus on making sure the situation is handled properly. Go to your Amazon account and make sure you listed the proper address when you placed your order.
Will Amazon replace stolen package?
Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost. Amazon has made shopping easier than ever, but a missing or stolen Amazon package can cause a real headache. And as online shopping surges, so does your likelihood of becoming a victim of package
What should I do if my Amazon package is lost?
– Three days have passed since the maximum delivery date, or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is sooner. – The order is different from expected and you’ve requested a return with the seller. – You returned an item via a trackable shipping method and the seller hasn’t issued you a refund.
How do you report a stolen package on Amazon?
– You can only file a claim once you’ve contacted the seller. – You can contact the seller through your Amazon Payments account. – On the “Transaction Details” link you will see an option to “Contact Seller.” – You must give the seller one calendar day to respond.
Does Amazon lost my package?
Your package may be lost. Package are rarely this late and we’re sorry yours still hasn’t arrive. You can wait another couple of days or sign in to view more options. You may also see the package was shipped with AMZL_US or Amazon Logistics and contain a tracking number. You can only view the status of the tracking number by clicking details in your order details because the tracking number is internal to Amazon.
What To Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
Over the past several months, there has been an increase in the frequency of a new stealing trend, notably in the United States.Porch pirate is the act of stealing packages that have been placed on a porch or anyplace near the main door of a house before they can be picked up by the intended recipients.Approximately 23 million Americans have had their parcels taken from their homes as of 2021, which is a horrific level of theft.In the case of Amazon lost deliveries, an average of 51 parcels were reported missing or stolen every year on average.
- In response to the epidemic, porch pirates have taken advantage of the increase in online shopping to steal from others.
- Unless you happen to be one of the unfortunate persons who had their Amazon delivery taken from their front porch, don’t worry just yet.
- Amazon makes it as simple as possible to get in touch with them and resolve the Amazon missing shipment issue that you’re experiencing.
- Getting in contact with Amazon can be difficult, despite the fact that it appears to be so.
- But don’t worry, they have a comprehensive customer support program ready to assist you whenever you have a problem.
- We’ve outlined below the procedures to take in order to obtain assistance or report an Amazon shipment as missing.
Package Is Missing, Now What?
As a fresh victim of Amazon porch piracy, we are here to walk you through the process of determining whether your package has been stolen or lost. Before calling Amazon to file a claim of an Amazon missing item, there are a few things you should check to make sure your box did not get taken from your doorstep.
Step 1: Track the Amazon lost packages.
If the box was marked as delivered before they arrived, be aware that this is a common occurrence on Amazon’s part, and that the product will come within 48 hours.When you have waited for 48 hours, you can look about your property for a probable drop-off location for the package.It’s possible that courier firms will deliver products to unexpected locations on your home, such as the back porch or behind your potted plants.If, after 48 hours, the Amazon delivery has not been located, you should call your courier immediately for assistance.
- It’s possible that your shipment is still in the possession of the shipping company.
- Instruct them to trace your package using the tracking number you provided.
- However, suppose the courier firm is completely confident that your delivery was successfully delivered to your doorstep without incident.
- You should file a report with Amazon if you believe your shipment has been stolen in such scenario.
Step 2: Check if your neighbors saw it or held onto it for you
Whether your box has been stolen, check with your neighbors first to see if they witnessed or were able to film the arrival of your item on their security cameras before reporting it to Amazon.Alternatively, they might be keeping an eye on your delivery to ensure that it is not taken at all.You should hold off on venting your rage to the Amazon Customer Support Team for the time being.It would be less than nice if your box was just brought into the house by your kind and friendly neighbor for the purpose of safety.
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer.
If you are now absolutely certain that your Amazon box was taken from your porch, you may contact Amazon directly to report the theft.Customer support should be contacted to provide them with the specifics of the problem.Customers should be able to request replacement shipments from Amazon sellers, or they should be able to request refunds from Amazon.As part of Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee, you can contact the seller directly for orders placed through a third-party Amazon seller.You should let the merchant a day or two to react to your conversation.
- After that, you may begin the process of filing a claim for the shipment that has gone missing or been stolen.
- Make sure to make your claim within 90 days after receiving your purchase.
- Assume that the vendor is unwilling to settle the situation by delivering a replacement shipment or issuing a refund.
- If that is the case, Amazon will determine whether or not to issue it to you based on your responses to the claim process questions.
- If your claim is refused, don’t be discouraged; you still have the option of appealing.
Step 4: File a claim with the shipping company
If the seller is transferring responsibility to the shipping firm, you should be aware that you have the right to submit a claim with the latter as well. UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and DHL all offer an online claims process for reporting an Amazon shipment that has gone missing.
Step 5: Claim high-value items with your homeowners’ insurance
Trying to file a claim with the vendors or shipping firms may not be successful, so you may want to check into homeowner’s or renter’s insurance plans that cover shipments that have been stolen.However, keep in mind that this will only be beneficial if the return is greater than your deductible.The filing of this claim might also be a bother owing to the prospect of homes insurance providers increasing your premiums as a result of your lawsuit; nonetheless, the burden is not worth it for a single package refund.
Step 6: Use the purchase protection features on your credit card
Because making a claim with your homeowners’ insurance can be time-consuming, you may want to seek assistance from your credit card provider.Consider the scenario in which your credit card issuer provides a purchase protection plan.Alternatively, you can contact them directly to seek reimbursement for your stolen property.However, be certain that the item was totally paid using that credit card.Notify the card issuer of the problem as soon as possible so that they can accommodate your claim.
Step 7: Report the theft to the police
If you shop from Amazon on a regular basis and your items are consistently missing, it might be a hassle to continually filing claims for Amazon lost packages.So, in order to prevent this from happening again, you should report the occurrence to the police so that they are aware of similar activities occurring in the community.The police can increase their monitoring around your neighborhood in order to catch the porch pirates before they take anything else.
How To Stop Porch Pirates
Preventative medicine is preferable to curative medicine. In order to avoid being a victim of porch piracy in the future, it is preferable to take preventative steps against these contemptible individuals.
Schedule for in-person delivery
What is the most effective method of ensuring that your shipment gets delivered?It is usually preferable to have it delivered in person.A signature is necessary for delivery, and you can notify the courier provider of this requirement.Additionally, you may instruct them that someone must be there to accept your products while they are being delivered.If you are required to be away from home for work on a regular basis, you can ask a neighbor to accept the item on your behalf or change your mailing address to your workplace.
Use a lockbox service
Amazon provides lockers so that you may simply pick up your items whenever it is convenient for you. If the stores provide this option, take advantage of it if you are unable to physically accept your deliveries. You won’t have to be concerned about your Amazon box being unprotected on your porch this way.
Ensure your packages
High-value things, such as smart gadgets, might be purchased with a few more dollars to ensure that they are delivered on time. These services are provided by retailers or courier firms in order to provide additional protection and insurance for your package’s safety.
Install a security camera
Finally, if porch piracy is a problem in your community, it is always a good idea to install a smart security system on your property. Security cameras can aid in the identification of the ruthless individual who is stealing your shipments on a regular basis. When you file a police report on a reported case, you can utilize the tape as evidence.
What to do if your Amazon package is stolen — Prevent Package Theft
Have you placed an order on Amazon and feel your box has been stolen? There are a few measures you may take to attempt to recover your package or get it replaced as fast as possible.
If your Amazon delivery is stolen, the initial set of measures you should take should be geared around attempting to retrieve your box from the thieves.Here’s what we propose you do in order to retrieve your package: 1.Check to ensure that you’ve provided the right mailing address in Amazon.Sign in with your Amazon account > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Continue shopping.Locate the order in issue and choose ″Order Details″ > check the ″Shipping Address″ to make sure it is right before proceeding.
Check to see whether your package has been delivered. Sign in with your Amazon account > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Continue shopping. Locate the order in question and select ″Track Package″ to obtain information on whether or not the package was delivered. It’s conceivable that your shipment arrived late. What you’re searching for is confirmation in the form of the following words:
- Look for packages in and around the building
- Seek advice from relatives, housemates, and neighbors (it’s possible that someone noticed your box and carried it in to safeguard it from porch pirates)
- Do you have a porch surveillance camera? Examine the tape to see if you can spot any activity that would give you a better indication of when and where your box was delivered, as well as whether or not someone picked it up
- Wait at least 36 hours before making a complaint. Waiting helps to establish that the problem was not just a result of a delayed parcel or an intervening party that did not disclose what they did with your box while you were waiting. Amazon requests that consumers wait for 36 hours before filing a complaint since some shipments appear to have been delivered up to 36 hours before they were really delivered.
- After 36 hours, contact the delivery company that delivered your Amazon product and submit a complaint.
- Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Carrier Information to find out which carrier delivered your delivery. Amazon Locate the order in question and select ″Track Package″ from the menu bar. If you click on the ″Shipped with.″ link, you will be able to view your tracking information as well as the name of the carrier that delivered your goods. Once you’ve done so, you’ll need to go to the carrier’s website and file a report about the missing item. The following are links to the forms for all major carriers: FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and other courier services
Contact Amazon and advise them that you have reasonable grounds to suspect your shipment has been taken. To get in touch with Amazon, go to this page. Inform them that you have followed the steps outlined above and that you will be sharing any proof you have acquired. Make sure you’ve selected the order that you feel has been stolen on the contact form before sending it in.
Wishing you the best of success in retrieving your parcel, and if that is not possible, in obtaining a reimbursement from Amazon. Experiencing package theft is never pleasant, but knowing what to do in the event that your Amazon box is stolen will significantly increase your chances of recovering your parcel.
Someone Stole My Amazon Package – What Can I Do?
The ease with which Amazon allows you to place your order is fantastic.Items may be mailed right to your home from the website, which sells just about anything you can think of.Having said that, the procedure of having products delivered to your home is not without its shortcomings.Delivery packages are frequently subjected to the potential of theft, especially if the recipient is not going to be home when the package is delivered.Throughout this piece, we’ll go through what you should do if someone steals your Amazon delivery, and we’ll also discuss various ways to assist you avoid future theft.
How Common Is Package Theft?
The results of a poll done by Shorr revealed that 31 percent of respondents had been the victim of parcel theft at least once.This is something that nearly one-third of the population is directly familiar with.It is possible that these figures are much higher in densely populated metropolitan regions such as New York, Seattle and San Francisco—but ″porch pirates″ are increasingly targeting suburban houses as well.Robbers are finding it simple to roll through communities and seize packages that have been left out in the open with little to no consequences (unless you count the occasional glitter bomb).Check out our blog post on Package Theft Statistics for more information on this rapidly rising problem.
Responding To Amazon Package Theft
In an ideal situation, you will be able to take actions to prevent theft from occurring in the first place. We’ll get to that point in a moment, but first, let’s talk about what you can do if someone steals your Amazon delivery from your doorstep. Follow these actions if someone has already taken advantage of you by stealing one or more parcels that were left on your doorstep.
1. Start with the delivery company.
It is likely that if a box has been tagged as ″delivered″ but has not arrived on your front porch, you will presume that it has been taken from there.That very well might be the case, but you need look into it a little more to be certain.The first step is to get in touch with the delivery company and question about the status of your product.To find out if your item has been shipped, look for a tracking number and contact the relevant shipping provider.Alternatively, it’s conceivable that your product was accidentally left behind in the truck or in the warehouse and is still in their control.
- Take this step first since it is the quickest and most straightforward resolution if it turns out that there was no theft at all.
2. Contact the seller.
It is possible that many of the things you purchase on Amazon are really offered by third-party sellers who are using the Amazon platform to sell their merchandise.As a result, if you have verified that a theft has occurred, you should contact the seller and inquire for a replacement or a refund.Depending on the vendor, the outcome of this choice will differ from one to the next.It should be noted that vendors are not obligated to replace a stolen shipment, but some may opt to do so in specific circumstances.
3. File an Amazon stolen package claim.
The A-to-Z Guarantee is a service offered by Amazon that protects customers against purchasing items that are not as described.You might consider using this application if you are unable to obtain a satisfactory resolution from your merchant directly.There is often coverage offered here up to $2,500, so there’s a strong probability that this will be the extent of your legal recourse in this situation to resolve the situation.It’s important to note that Amazon will frequently ask you to contact the seller first and attempt to fix the issue through the seller.In addition, the A-Z Guarantee is only valid for products purchased from a third-party seller on the platform.
- If you have any problems with things you have purchased straight from Amazon, Amazon recommends that you contact their customer support department.
4. Credit card coverage.
If a third-party seller refuses to issue a refund or if your Amazon claim is denied, you may be able to obtain assistance from your credit card company.Transaction protection may or may not be available to you depending on the credit card you used to make the purchase on.When it comes to credit cards, the procedure you must follow differs from one to the next.Check with your credit card issuer to find out the intricacies of the procedure.Many credit card issuers, on the other hand, will have some method of canceling a payment in the event of fraud.
- A refund or replacement item might be a time-consuming process when you need one.
- The odds are strong, though, that you will not be liable for any losses if you see the situation through to completion and submit all relevant documents.
Solutions To Prevent Theft
PARCELBIN Package Lock Box with a combination lock In order to avoid being forced to respond after a crime has occurred, it is more preferable to just prevent theft from occurring in the first instance.That may not appear to be a simple task, but it is more doable than you may believe.With a little forethought and forward thinking, you can ensure that burglars have little opportunity of stealing your hard-earned possessions and valuables.Consider the following steps to keep your packages safe from theft:
Plan ahead to be home.
Orders should be placed as early as feasible in the day so that the delivery can take place when you are there to accept the parcel if at all possible.For example, if you are utilizing Amazon’s two-day delivery service, you may place your purchase two days ahead of time on a day when you know you will be home.If you are present to receive the box directly from the delivery person when it arrives, a burglar will be unable to remove it from your porch.The main disadvantage of this approach is that you will be required to guarantee that you are there, which might be tough if you have a demanding schedule.
Deliver to the office instead.
You’re not going to be home and you don’t want to take the chance of having your shipment stolen.Instead of having your item delivered to your home, consider having it delivered to your workplace.Of course, this will not be acceptable to all companies, so you should check with your boss ahead of time to ensure that this is something that is permitted in your workplace.Also, keep in mind that the item will need to be transported back to your house, so large items that would not fit in your car would not be a good selection for this method of transportation.
Use a package lock box.
Another wonderful method for preventing porch pirates is to install a lock box on your front porch or in your garage.In a manner that no other solution can, your lock box can accept shipments on your behalf while you are away and keep them safe from unauthorized access.Of course, you’ll want to invest in a high-quality product that looks good in front of your house and is difficult to tamper with.This is when the PARCELBIN comes into play…
Consider The PARCELBIN Package Lock Box
Installing a lock box on your porch is another excellent way to deter porch pirates and keep your valuables safe.In a manner that no other solution can, your lock box can accept shipments on your behalf while you are away and keep them safe from unauthorized persons.The obvious choice is to invest in a high-quality product that looks good in front of your home and is difficult to tamper with and maintain.When the PARCELBIN comes into play…
Your Amazon Package Stolen? Do This Immediately (Updated for 2022)
Without a doubt, the items from Amazon that have been delivered to your home are essential to you.In today’s world, Amazon is the retail e-commerce behemoth of choice.A wide range of products, from electronics and literature to groceries and home goods, are available for purchase on the website.Even better, Prime delivery provides customers with free one- or two-day shipping, which encourages them to order more than they would have otherwise just because it is more convenient than shopping in-store.The fact that Amazon was able to more than quadruple its earnings to $5.2 billion by the summer of 2020 demonstrates how many people utilize their services to place orders for things on the internet.
- Package theft, on the other hand, has become a big source of anxiety for consumers who purchase on Amazon on a regular basis.
- Consider the seriousness of the expanding parcel theft problem, as well as what you should do if your Amazon delivery has been taken.
Package Theft Is a Growing Problem in the United States
In the second quarter of 2020, retail e-commerce sales in the United States topped $210 billion, according to the United States Census Bureau.This goes to demonstrate how many parcels were created and shipped out via parcel carriers such as the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, or FedEx for home delivery.Unfortunately, many of the customers who were looking forward to receiving such parcels were left feeling quite disappointed when their packages failed to arrive.A rise in package delivery has coincided with a rise in the number of parcels being stolen, which has reached an all-time high.In 2020, over 43% of internet consumers have stated that they had had at least one delivery stolen from them.
- Since the beginning of 2019, the number has increased by 7%.
- The delivery point might be used to pick up possibly two out of every five house deliveries.
- According to the most recent figures, almost 1.7 million shipments are stolen every day.
Steps to Take If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
If you fear that a shipment has been stolen, it may be quite aggravating; but, by following a few simple procedures, you can keep your focus on making sure the problem is handled appropriately.
Check Everything on Your End Before Reporting the Package Stolen
Go to your Amazon account and double-check that you entered the correct shipping address when you placed the transaction.If you go to your prior orders and click on ″Order Details″ beside the order in question, you will be able to get the information you need.If the address is valid, go to the next step and check the shipment status.Keep track of the package and check the notations to make sure the information indicates that the delivery was successfully delivered.If everything looks okay, take a brief walk around your property to make sure the box hasn’t been hidden somewhere inconspicuous.
- Examine the footage from your porch camera to check if somebody has taken advantage of you and stolen your order.
Contact Local Authorities If You Have Footage of Theft
If you are fortunate enough to have video evidence of the theft, you should report it to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.The fact that so few package thefts are recorded is one of the reasons why porch pirates who conduct these crimes are able to continue their operations.The sooner you make a report, the more probable it is that the perpetrator will be apprehended and prosecuted.Package theft is a major crime in some areas, and the authorities are cracking down on those who engage in it.
File a Report That Your Package Was Stolen
- Before making a report with Amazon regarding a stolen shipment, it is suggested that you wait 36 hours. Some shipments do appear after they have been recorded as delivered, and it is not uncommon for a parcel to just appear at a neighbor’s house after it has been marked as delivered. After waiting 36 hours, you should register a complaint with the package delivery company that delivered the device. The procedures to be followed when filing a report with the three major carriers are detailed in our other guidelines, which are as follows: A FedEx package has been taken
- what should you do next?
- a UPS package has been taken
- and a USPS package has been taken: what should you do now?
Once you have made a claim with the package delivery service, contact Amazon through their messaging center and inform them that your purchase has been stolen. In order to proceed, they will want proof that you have filed a report with the appropriate carrier, so any documentation you can provide would be good.
Take Measures to Prevent Future Package Thefts
Despite the fact that Amazon is well-known for providing excellent customer service and assisting customers who have had goods stolen, going through the procedure again and over again may be a nuisance.For those who have experienced package theft in their area, it is recommended that you install an outside video system on your porch and purchase a locked parcel box, where items may be stored safely until you can pick them up yourself.Nathan Robinson is a young man who lives in the United States.A gang of porch pirates stole my delivery, and now I’m on a quest to prevent them from doing the same to you.In order to keep up with the latest porch lockers and other equipment that might aid prevent package theft, I’m always studying, examining, and informing myself.
- I’m adding new free stuff to my library on a daily basis — join me and together we can battle the porch pirates.
What to Do If Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
Every editorial product is chosen on its own merits, while we may be compensated or earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links. As of the time of writing, the ratings and pricing are correct, and all goods are in stock.
Porch pirates are swiping Amazon packages left and right, and you might be the next victim. Take these steps if your Amazon package is stolen or lost.
Amazon has made buying more convenient than ever, yet a misplaced or stolen Amazon box may be a major hassle for the recipient.Furthermore, as the popularity of online shopping grows, so does the possibility of being a victim of package theft.According to a Value Penguin poll, nearly one in every five Americans reported having their goods stolen last year.Steve Weisman, a professor of white-collar crime at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams, says the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during the pandemic.″As could be expected, with more people shopping online during the pandemic, the number of victims of porch pirates has increased significantly during this time.″ Find out all you need to know about tracking down a misplaced parcel or making a claim with Amazon to hopefully get your money back if you suspect your shipment has been stolen or lost in the mail.
- In addition, regular online consumers should be aware of what to do if a product is damaged, how to receive a refund on anything, what a brushing scam is, and what happens to undeliverable mail that does not have an address to return it to.
How to track down a missing Amazon package that’s listed as “delivered”
- According to Weisman, you may discover extra information on Amazon under ″Your Orders″ that will assist you in tracking down a stolen or missing shipment that seems to have been delivered on your Amazon account. He proposes that you take the following actions: Make sure the shipping address is correct. It’s possible that the shipment was delivered to a different address associated with your Amazon account.
- Look for a message that a delivery attempt has been made. If you requested that a signature be obtained upon delivery and no one was present, it is possible that the product was moved to a nearby location for pickup.
- Look for a photograph of the package being delivered. Sometimes Amazon delivery drivers would place the box in a difficult-to-find position
- this is known as ″hidden delivery.″
If you are still unable to locate it, it is time to file a missing parcel complaint with Amazon. For further instructions, scroll down to the section labeled ″How to report a missing shipment from a third-party seller on Amazon″ towards the bottom of this page.
How to find missing packages that aren’t trackable
- Amazon deliveries without a tracking number are extremely unusual, although they can be found. The following are some steps you may take if your Amazon delivery has gone missing and there is no tracking number for it. Inquire with your neighbors to see whether they received the lost box by mistake or if they accepted it on your behalf.
- If the parcel was delivered by the United States Postal Service, you should contact your local post office for assistance. Weisman points out that USPS delivery vans are equipped with GPS, which might reveal more information on the delivery.
- Verify whether or not the package was taken by checking the security cameras surrounding your property, if you have them installed.
In case you’re wondering, this is what happens to undeliverable mail when it’s not delivered.
How to report a missing package from a third-party seller on Amazon
- Rd.com If your Amazon delivery hasn’t arrived within 48 hours, you should make a claim with Amazon to receive a reimbursement for your inconvenience. However, according to Weisman, you must first contact the third-party vendor directly in order to report the problem. Customer service representatives at Amazon insist that consumers contact the vendor before registering a claim on the website. You can report missing shipments from an online third-party vendor in the following ways: Create an account on Amazon and go to ″Your Orders.″
- Activate the ″Amazon Pay″ menu option in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on ″Details″ next to the item that has been lost or stolen
- Choose ″Where has my stuff gone?″ from the list of suggested concerns to report from the drop-down menu.
- Amazon will automatically send a communication to the seller informing them that you have not received your products as of the time of writing. Any further information that the seller may require might be included in the message after it has been written.
- Select the ″Send to merchant″ option from the drop-down menu.
- In the majority of circumstances, the vendor will examine the missing shipment and either replace it or refund the purchase price. However, if the seller does not react within 24 hours, you have the option of filing a claim with Amazon.
Depending on whether or not the shipment in issue contains a gift, you may want to look at this list of last-minute presents that will arrive in time for the big day while you figure out what to do about this predicament.
How to submit a missing package claim to Amazon
- Rd.com Fortunately, Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee ensures that your purchase is protected in the event that an Amazon delivery is stolen or misplaced. Remember to submit your claim within 90 days after the purchase date, otherwise it will not be recognized by the insurance company. While the following instructions were written for use with a desktop computer, they may alter significantly when used to the Amazon app on a mobile device. Click on ″Your Orders″ after logging into your Amazon account.
- Locate the order and choose ″Problem with Order″ from the drop-down menu.
- Whenever you are prompted to choose an issue, pick the option that states that the item has not arrived.
- After that, pick ″Request Refund,″ fill out the text box with any other information you’d like (if applicable or required), and click ″Submit.″
- The Amazon Pay tab allows you to keep track of the status of your claim. If your claim is granted, you will get a refund in the form of the original payment method. Items that have been damaged or opened, or that have been delivered more than 30 days ago, may only be eligible for a partial refund or may not be eligible at all. If you don’t receive a refund, you might want to consider shopping at one of these shops with the finest return policies the next time you need anything.
Additional steps to take
Amazon is not the only location where you may register a claim for a ″Amazon shipment stolen.″ According to Robert Siciliano, a cybersecurity educator at ProtectNow, if you have exhausted all of the options listed above, the next step may be to call the police, the shipping company, and your credit card provider.The fact that many credit card companies offer purchase-protection features that cover the cost of lost or stolen delivery is one of the reasons why online purchases are among the items that should always be paid for using a credit card, according to Weisman.
How to protect your Amazon deliveries in the future
- Weisman recommends taking efforts to keep your shipments safe from porch pirates, such as demanding a signature upon delivery or shipping the box to your workplace address, among other measures. Moreover, according to Siciliano, Amazon offers a variety of different delivery service alternatives. Ship products to Amazon lockers located in neighboring locations such as Whole Foods Market, or install the Amazon Key Smart Lock system in your house for a more secure method of receiving deliveries. Using the technology, delivery drivers may scan a barcode to request entrance to your front door or garage, where they can then deposit the box inside while being monitored by a security camera system. Aside from an Amazon Prime account, the Key by Amazon app, a smart lock, and a camera with Wi-Fi connectivity are all you need. Now that you’ve learned what to do if your Amazon shipment has been stolen, brush up on some lesser-known Amazon techniques that every customer should be familiar with. Also, educate yourself on how to recognize an Amazon email scam
- this knowledge may come in helpful in the future. Value is a source of information. According to Penguin, ″Nearly one in every five consumers has experienced package theft since the beginning of quarantine″
- Steve Weisman, professor at Bentley University and author of The Truth About Avoiding Scams
- Amazon: ″Find a Missing Package That Shows as Delivered″
- Robert Siciliano, cyber social identity protection instructor at ProtectNow
The Best Way to File an Amazon Package Stolen Claim
An Amazon delivery being taken from the curb outside your home may be a frustrating and inconvenient event, as well as a breach of privacy.Even though it is regrettable, stolen shipments do occur; nonetheless, there are processes in place to assist in the event that this occurs.Some common questions you may be asking yourself include: What should I do first?and What should I do next?What is the best way to get in touch with Amazon?
- Is it necessary for me to contact the authorities?
- Was there a complication with my purchase?
- Is it possible for Amazon to give me a replacement?
- If you’re an Amazon seller, on the other hand, you might be asking how your business fits into this scheme.
- Let’s take a look at what you should do in the event that an Amazon box is stolen, so that you can handle the process of filing an Amazon stolen package claim appropriately.
Was the Package Stolen, or is it Missing?
There is a significant difference between having an Amazon shipment stolen and having an Amazon package go missing.While Amazon has a stellar reputation for providing good customer service and dealing with difficulties of this nature, the company will want to keep track of any issues that arise throughout the supply chain, particularly those that have the potential to severely impact their client base.Consider the scenario in which your shipment went missing before it reached your residence.In such situation, Amazon will want to know if the problem was caused by a third-party seller, a Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) warehouse, or a delivery business.It is possible that one or more of these partners is responsible for the error, and Amazon will expect them to take responsibility for preventing it from happening again.
- Access this information by going to the ‘Your Orders’ tab on your Amazon account’s home page and searching for it.
- When you look up the tracking information for your purchase on this page, you’ll be able to see whether or not it was sent, who shipped it, and which shipping firm was utilized.
- If you discover that your order has been dispatched, you will be able to check which shipping firm was utilized to complete the shipment.
- If your item is listed as having been delivered on this page, you must wait up to 48 hours from the time of delivery before filing a claim with UPS.
- A typical problem with Amazon’s tracking system is that it occasionally indicates that an item has been delivered before it has really been delivered.
- Amazon suggests that purchasers wait during this time frame because the item is frequently still out for delivery with a driver.
Who do you contact for your Amazon Package Stolen?
It is possible to register a claim with Amazon if your Amazon delivery has been stolen and has not been recovered within the 48-hour limit, or if you have evidence that the box has been taken, such as doorbell camera footage.Remember to report the theft to your local law enforcement agency as soon as you have confirmed that it occurred.Amazon may ask for the case number in this instance.The process of filing an Amazon package theft claim is simple, and you may do it in a variety of different ways.Amazon’s chat tool is one way to communicate with a customer service representative.
- Simply browse to the Amazon -> help -> contact us -> general inquiries page and click on the ‘Start Chatting Now’ button to begin.
- You’ll be prompted to select a topic right immediately from a list of many options.
- In order to get started, select ″An item I ordered.″ Before you begin the conversation, make sure you have your order number readily available.
- Another simple method of filing an Amazon package theft claim is to choose your item from the ‘You Order’ page and click on it.
- If you purchased your item from a third-party seller, you will first need to make a claim with that seller to get your money back.
- Giving the seller 24 hours to react to your claim is common procedure before contacting Amazon in the process.
- Once you’ve completed this step, you can register an Amazon claim by selecting the ‘Problem with order’ option and then selecting ‘Where has my order gone?’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- After that, you’ll be able to select how you’d want Amazon to contact you.
The best methods of communication will be through phone or email.Remember to keep your order number on hand at all times.
How does Amazon Respond to your Amazon Package Stolen?
It is common for Amazon to determine at this point whether to refund your Amazon package stolen purchase or replace the item if you have followed all of the necessary requirements.Because Amazon values its customers, it strives to make the process of making a purchase from them as simple and stress-free for you as possible.That being said, if you have a number of occurrences of shipments being stolen, Amazon will need you to take a number of different steps.They will very certainly either refuse to ship to your home address or will want you to sign for the package upon arrival.Consider having your order shipped directly to your place of work if you have to specify a new mailing address due to a change in your address.
What is your Responsibility as an Amazon Seller?
As an Amazon seller, you have a responsibility to investigate any allegations of missing or stolen Amazon packages made by your customers.It is critical for you and your company’s bottom line to determine whether the problem is with your shipping or 3rd party logistics businesses.The lost item will not be financially accountable if it was purchased through one of your partners.You should file a claim with your partners to avoid being held financially liable.In addition, it is critical for you to understand whether the missing item is the duty of Amazon, because if you utilize FBA, you may be eligible for a refund from the company.
- When you file your Amazon FBA refund claim with Amazon, you will need to specify which department you are submitting the claim to.
- Knowing where in the supply chain your item went missing can assist you in determining which department to submit your claim with.
- Shipping to Amazon, Fulfillment center operations, FBA customer returns, and Removals are some of the departments that may have to deal with Amazon claims.
- If your box is stolen and you are using FBA, Amazon should compensate you for the cost of a replacement item or the return of the customer’s money.
- Keep track of reimbursements may be a time-consuming task; thus, you may want to consider using a reimbursement service such as GETIDA to help.
- When you join up with GETIDA, they search back over 18 months of FBA sales to see if you are eligible for any refunds you may be entitled to.
- Sellers that use FBA reimbursement services may expect to get an average of 1-3 percent of their entire sales back in reimbursements!
- You simply have to pay for a portion of what they view.
Signing up is completely free and straightforward.Get $400 in free Amazon FBA reimbursements when you join.
Yikes! What to Do When Your Amazon Package Is Not Delivered
Discover all you can do to keep your Amazon deliveries safe from theft and tragedy, including how to use tracking systems and submit refund claims.Over the course of a year, Amazon ships billions of goods to customers worldwide.However, because of the large number of purchases being placed, Prime users and other customers may occasionally experience a lost parcel or a delivery delay from Amazon.Because Amazon packages can now be tracked down to the minute of delivery in many regions, a single misplaced shipment might seem like a mystery worthy of a podcast episode.Is your Amazon shipment still undeliverable?
- Be sure to read our article on what to do if your Amazon shipment does not arrive before becoming too stressed.
Take Full Advantage of Amazon Package Tracking
When you enter into your Amazon account, click on ″Returns & Orders,″ then pick the ″Monitor package″ option, you will be able to track the majority of your goods.You’ll be able to view the purchase and shipping dates, as well as the date the box was sent out for delivery and the estimated time of arrival.The location of the item, for example, ″near the front door″ or ″within the residence’s mailbox,″ may be seen in greater detail.Keep in mind that this may be contingent on the delivery person documenting such notes, and so not every package may have this vital information.Amazon Map Tracking allows you to keep track of the movement of some Amazon deliveries in real time through a map.
- Looking for something a little more substantial?
- It is possible to follow the real-time status of some items shipped by Amazon using Amazon Map Tracking, which is available in select countries.
- On the day of delivery, go into your Amazon account, open the shipping confirmation email, or open the notice in the Amazon app and select ″Track parcel.″ You will then be able to see how many stops the driver has left before the delivery comes at your home.
- Please keep in mind that map tracking is deactivated for wish lists and gift orders in order to preserve the privacy of the receiver.
- Amazon Photo on Delivery is another shipping option that may be useful in some situations.
- When a box is left unattended, it will email you a snapshot to certify that the delivery has been completed successfully.
- If you don’t want Amazon to take images of your property, you may opt out by contacting customer care and explaining your situation.
- SEE ALSO: How to Get a Refund from Amazon if Your Order Was Delivered Late The majority of Amazon orders may be tracked once the products have been sent.
Aside from ordinary international shipping and maybe some products supplied by Amazon Marketplace vendors, the only true exceptions should be standard international shipments.
How to Contact Amazon About a Missing Package
- If your Amazon shipment appears to have been delivered but you are unable to locate it, don’t panic! Amazon suggests that you double-check your delivery information first – make sure the address is right, check the porch or garage, and see if one of your neighbors has accepted your purchase, according to Amazon. In ″rare circumstances,″ Amazon deliveries may appear to have been delivered up to 48 hours before they have really arrived. Whether you’re still within that time frame, keep checking to see if your purchase has arrived – it might still be on its way. Amazon items have been reported as delivered up to 48 hours before they have really arrived in the mail. This is considered a ″rare occurrence.″ It is recommended that you contact Amazon to report the missing package after 48 hours, or that you contact the shipping carrier or third-party vendor if your Amazon delivery has not arrived after that time period. Who should you get in touch with? Consult your tracking information for further details. If the box was delivered to Amazon’s facility or the carrier’s facility, contact Amazon to file a delivery complaint
- if the package was not delivered to the facility, contact the third-party seller to file a delivery complaint. In any case, you’ll want to keep your order number on hand. The ″Customer Service″ page on Amazon is the first place you should go when engaging with the company. Select the sort of difficulty you’re having, the order that’s being affected, the fact that the order indicates it was delivered but isn’t there, and the fact that you want more assistance. You may either click ″Start talking immediately″ to engage in conversation with a bot, or click ″Request call now″ to receive assistance over the phone from a live person. If you choose the latter option, you’ll be required to provide your phone number and select ″Call me immediately″ in order to speak with an Amazon employee over the phone about your delivery issues. ALSO READ: Is It Possible to Share Amazon Prime? If a third-party seller was in charge of the order, you should go to your orders and choose the vendor from the drop-down menu. In the following step, click on the ″Ask a question″ option. Amazon’s Seller Messaging Assistant program will most likely appear on the screen. After answering the question about what you want assistance with, select the option for ″An order I have placed.″ Using the application, you will be guided through the procedures necessary to address your problem. It’s important to remember that you have 48 hours to react to a seller before you may contact Amazon to register a missing-package claim. It is possible that you will be entitled for a refund request under the Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee of protection if you purchase the following goods from a third-party seller: It has been three days since the most recent anticipated delivery date was given.
- Although Amazon’s tracking system indicates that the shipment has been delivered, no parcel has been received.
- In either case, the order is different from what was intended, or you’ve returned it to Amazon in line with their return policy.
While no statistics are available on the number of Amazon deliveries that have gone missing, Amanda Ip, a spokesperson for Amazon PR, claims that the great majority of goods arrive at their destinations without incident.In Ip’s experience, refund requests might take up to a week to investigate and process.″We will send you an email to the email address linked with your account informing you of our decision.On the Your Orders page, identify your order in the list of orders and click on the ‘Problem with order’ link to see the current status of your request.″ You may also check the progress of your order using Amazon Pay.
What if Your Amazon Package Is Late?
If you did not get your shipment before the assured delivery date specified on the checkout page, you may be entitled for a refund through Amazon.To begin, double-check that all refund conditions have been completed, including that the package was shipped to an eligible address using an appropriate delivery method.Then go to the contact page and file a complaint about the delayed delivery.When a Prime delivery is delivered late, Prime members may be eligible for promotional credit ranging from $5 to $20.Although Amazon Prime customers used to earn a free month of Prime for receiving an Amazon delivery late, the company’s policy has changed.
- When a purchase is delivered late, Amazon will reimburse the shipping expenses, and Prime members will receive anything from $5 to $20 in promotional credit, a 20 percent Prime discount, or anything else in exchange.
What to Do if Your Amazon Package Is Stolen
An investigation by C+R Research found that 23 percent of Americans had had a package stolen from their home or office.If you feel your Amazon delivery has been stolen, you should contact Amazon to request a refund or to have the contents resent to you.Additionally, you should submit a police report on the Amazon package theft, particularly if you have security camera evidence that police investigators may check.CHECK OUT THIS OTHER ARTICLE: How to Save Money Using the Amazon App
Have an Amazon Package Stolen? How to Prevent a Repeat
If an Amazon box has been taken from your doorstep, you may take actions to prevent so-called ″porch pirates″ from targeting your home in the future.Consider the Amazon Hub Lockers or Counters that are offered in numerous places around the United States.Find one by ZIP code, save it to your Amazon address book, and then use that delivery option throughout the checkout process..The shipment has been dispatched to that location, and you will need to have your delivery confirmation email with you when you go to pick up the box.Amazon also provides Key by Amazon for Prime members in 50 cities and nearby areas at the time of this writing.
- This service allows visitors and in-home deliveries to enter the building without using a key.
- While you’ll have to pay for the Key-compatible smart lock and camera, Prime members won’t have to pay anything more for the in-home delivery service.
- You can watch who enters your home to deliver items if you have a security camera installed.
- It may also be used to allow in visitors, cleaning personnel, and pet caretakers, among other things.
- Take note that in-home deliveries have been suspended indefinitely as a result of the epidemic; Amazon recommends In-Garage Delivery for contactless delivery as a replacement.
- Twenty-three percent of Americans have claimed that a parcel has been taken from their home.
- Customers may use the Key app to monitor and manage their garage doors, which is included with Key for Garage.
- Additionally, Amazon Prime customers in limited locations may receive in-garage deliveries if they have a myQ-connected garage door opener or hub that is compatible with the service.
Amazon has now announced Key for Gate, which allows consumers to have purchases delivered directly to their front doors or gates.As Amazon describes it, ″it is particularly well suited for use with electric garden and driveway gates or doors that may be actuated through relay in single-family houses and modest multi-unit apartment complexes.″ In order to set it up, you’ll need the Ring Access Controller Pro 2 as well as the Key by Amazon mobile application.Some folks have made the decision to take the initiative and teach porch pirates a valuable lesson.How to make a decoy box that includes a glitter ″bomb″ is covered in detail in a number of videos.
- In one instance, an ex-NASA engineer went over and above by including ″smelly skunk fart spray″ and ″police noises″ in his trap.
- Of course, when it comes to parcel theft, you may sometimes rely on the law of karma to help you out.
- When a Florida lady attempted to steal a crate of 500 worms for her bearded dragon, she was in for a squirmy surprise.
- She didn’t retain the package, and the lizard was able to reclaim his treats from her.
- Companies mentioned in this article may reward DealNews for their services.
- Please keep in mind that, while prices can vary and bargains might expire without warning, all of the items and deals featured in this post were available at the lowest overall price we could discover at the time of writing (unless otherwise specified).
Porch Pirates: 6 Steps to Take if Your Package Is Stolen
According to a survey commissioned by ValuePenguin, nearly four out of every ten customers has had a package stolen before it could be delivered to them.While the quantity of deliveries increases over the Christmas season, this data serves as a reminder to consumers that package theft is a widespread problem throughout the year, regardless of the season.If you’ve been unfortunate enough to have a parcel stolen from your front door, here’s what you should do to recover your package.
What to do if a package is stolen from your porch
If your mail has been stolen, you must follow these procedures in order to be paid or to get a substitute item.
Step 1: Track the package
First and foremost, if you have reason to believe your product has been stolen, you should look for tracking information in the email you received upon purchase.Typically, you will be provided with a tracking number, which you may use to keep track on the progress of your order throughout shipment.Sometimes all you need to do is click on this number or button, but other times you may need to copy the number and input it on the retailer’s or shipping company’s website, depending on the situation.For shipments to be delayed, especially during high shipping seasons such as the holidays, this is to be expected.The shipment status will inform you of the location where your package was last recorded as well as the date on which it was delivered to the shipping destination.
- If the item is indicated as having been delivered, go to step 2.
- Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
Step 2: Check if your neighbors saw it or held onto it for you
Check with your neighbors to see if the item has been delivered once you’ve verified that it has.It’s humiliating to lash out at a customer service agent only to realize that the sweet lady next door noticed your shipment and grabbed it to save it from being stolen or rained on while you were away.Even if they don’t have your package, it’s possible that your neighbors saw it earlier in the day and are unaware of it.
Step 3: Contact the seller or retailer
Immediately notify the vendor or shop that sold you the goods if it looks that your shipment has been stolen or misplaced.When it comes to dealing with stolen property, different merchants have different rules and procedures in place, but you are normally entitled to a refund or a replacement.Amazon’s ″A-to-Z Guarantee Protection″ provides coverage for the majority of stolen packages.Purchases that are labeled as ″fulfilled by Amazon″ are sometimes derived from retail partners known as ″Amazon Sellers,″ rather than from Amazon itself.(You should be aware of this at the time you place your purchase for the item).
- It is mandatory for you to contact the Amazon Seller in order to try to resolve the issue with them if this is the situation with your purchase, according to Amazon.
- You may make a claim with Amazon if you’ve waited more than two business days for a response or if the seller is being unhelpful.
- Amazon would most likely offer a refund in this case, as well.
- In many circumstances, stores will agree to send you a new item within a short period of time.
- However, if they refuse to accept responsibility and give a replacement, there are still certain actions you may take to obtain recompense.
Step 4: File a claim with the shipping company
Occasionally, stores may attempt to transfer responsibility to the shipping provider or will need you to make a complaint and wait a specific number of days before learning for definite whether your shipment will or will not be delivered.If you find yourself in this situation, you may wish to submit a claim with the shipping business as well, just to be safe.UPS, FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and DHL all have online claims processes that you may use to report your lost item, and you can also call them to report your missing item.
Step 5: Use the purchase protection features on your credit card
When you use a credit card to make a purchase, many issuers will provide purchase protection that will repay you if an item is stolen.This is true as long as the item was paid wholly with that credit card and the card issuer is contacted within a certain timeframe.Check the website of your credit card provider to see whether this coverage is available and to learn how to make a claim.Some credit card providers, however, do not provide coverage for high-value products (usually anything that is worth more than $500 to $1,000).Depending on the company, they may ask you to submit a police complaint before they can issue your refund.
- Finally, credit card purchase protection is sometimes referred to as ″secondary coverage,″ which indicates that it only kicks in after you’ve previously used main coverage, such as homeowner’s or renters insurance, to safeguard your purchases.
- This takes us to the sixth step.
Step 6: Claim high-value items with your homeowners insurance
The majority of homeowners and renters insurance plans include coverage for stolen shipments.Unfortunately, this is only beneficial for items that are more valuable than your deductible.Given that the majority of homes insurance deductibles range between $500 and $2,000, submitting a claim for the majority of stolen shipments will be a waste of time.However, even if the value of the lost item exceeds the deductible, you’ll need to consider the risk that your homes insurance provider would raise your rates as a result of your claim, not to mention the inconvenience of submitting the claim itself.
How to prevent package theft
When a package is stolen, it may be quite stressful, and the claims procedure can be much more unpleasant. If you wish to reduce the likelihood of losing shipments while you’re away from home, consider the following solutions for protecting your packages while you’re gone.
Schedule for in-person delivery
The most effective m