To get your exact zipcode please share your location. You can also find the zipcode of any address or point clicked on the map. Searching for a city may not give you a result as there are many zip codes within a city. if this is the case click within the city limits to find the zip code of that spot.
How do I Find my ZIP code?
What is my ZIP Code? You can find your current ZIP Code by using the GPS Locator below (will request permission for your Location) or use the Find ZIP of Address lookup to find the ZIP Code and ZIP+4 of your current address. Getting GPS coordinates position from your device. Use GPS to find your current ZIP Code.
Will my ZIP code and postal address be detected automatically?
If yes, your zip code and postal address will be detected automatically. Also you can click on the location you desire to find a zip code/postal address for your mails destination.
How to find a postal code within one country?
More often, you need to learn a postal code within one country only. In case this country is the USA, you may use the following websites to identify your zip code. To find a zip code with USPS.com, you need to fill in the fields with your USA street address, city, and state.
How do I know what my zip code is?
USPS.com. To find a zip code with USPS.com, you need to fill in the fields with your USA street address, city, and state. Then click Find and you’ll get your postal code.
What are the last 4 digits of my zip code?
ZIP+4 Codes (ZIP Plus 4 Codes) are 4-digit codes added to 5-digit USPS ZIP Codes. The first five digits indicate the national area and destination post office / delivery area. The last 4 digits represent specific routes within delivery areas. 9-digit ZIP+4 Codes aid in routing and delivery efficiency.
What’s my ZIP code UK?
Or Find the place
What is my ZIP code California?
Zip Code List Zip Code – 902 in California
|90201||Cudahy||Los Angeles County|
|90202||Bell||Los Angeles County|
|90202||Bell Gardens||Los Angeles County|
|90209||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
What is a zip code in Canada?
Like British, Irish and Dutch postcodes, Canada’s postal codes are alphanumeric. They are in the format A1A 1A1, where A is a letter and 1 is a digit, with a space separating the third and fourth characters.
How many ZIP 4 codes are there in the US?
There are 41,683 ZIP Codes in the country.
What is the zip code of USA Texas?
Zip Codes in Texas 2022
|79907||El Paso||El Paso County|
What is a 5 digit zip code for the UK?
The current postal code (postal code) range of the United Kingdom (UK) is: AB10 1 – ZE3 9. The lowest 5-digit postal code (AB10 1) starts in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Is zip code the same as postcode?
The zip code is nothing but a coding system commonly used in the United States which helps in identifying the location and accelerating the delivery of mail. Postal Code is an alphanumeric or numeric code, which helps in tracking the location at which the mail-piece has to be delivered.
What is the zip code for Birmingham UK?
Click to view map
What’s California area code?
California Area Codes
What state number is California?
The area of California was never organized as a territory, but was administered from 1848 to statehood by a federal military authority. California was admitted to the Union on September 9, 1850, as the 31st state.
Are all California zip codes start with 9?
The first number of the five-digit code signifies the region which the address is located in, a number that grows from the east coast to the west. For example, Eastern states such as Maine and New York begin with 0 or 1, whereas the Western states of California and Washington begin with a 9.
What are the last four digits of my ZIP code?
The last four digits are not specific to a city but to a street address or Post Office Box. This is what an address looks like with the ZIP +4 Code: The first five digits identify the area of the country and the delivery office to which the mail is directed. ZIP Codes start with a zero (0) in the northeast and gradually get higher as you move west.
How do I Check my ZIP code?
IP Address Lookup. An IP address lookup determines the location of any IP address. The results provide quite a bit of information, including information the city, state/region, postal/zip code, country name, ISP, and time zone.
How do you verify a ZIP code?
– 000-044: October 6 – October 27 – 045-220: October 18 – November 5 – 221-375: November 1 – November 19 – 376-584: November 15 – December 3 – 585-719: November 29 – December 17 – 720-927: December 13 – December 31 – 928-999: December 27 – January 11, 2022
What your zip code actually means?
– What is the billing Zip code? – Which address do the credit card companies use for authentication? – Where do I search for my Billing Zipcode? – What does the billing postal code mean? – Where can you find the billing zip code on the debit card? – What is the billing zip code visa card? – What does a ZIP code mean?
What is my Zip Code – Zip Code Finder
We have determined the zip code in which you are most likely located based on your general location.Please share your location with us so that we may obtain your precise zipcode.You can also look up the zipcode of any location or point on the map that you click on.If you search for a city, you may not get any results because there are several zip codes inside a single city.The zip code for that location may be found by clicking within the city borders if this is the case.Depending on where you are located, you may receive the postal code of the nation in which you are located rather than the United States.
Based on your internet connection, we were able to determine your zip code or postal code.Please provide me with your precise zip or postal code so that I can locate you.You may share this map by clicking on the following link:
What is a zip code/postal code?
To facilitate the sorting of mail in the United States of America, zipcodes are five or nine-digit digits that are appended to a postal address to aid in the sorting of mail.There are around 43,000 zipcodes in use today.This tool may also be used to locate the postal code of a variety of other nations.Postal codes differ from one nation to the next, but they are often a collection of numbers ranging from three to ten digits in length.In certain countries, such as the United Kingdom and Canada, postal codes are made up of a combination of numbers and letters, known as postal codes.
What else can you do with the zip code finder?
- Determine your ZIP code by answering the question ″What zip code am I in?″
- You may use this tool to get the zip or postal code of any address in the globe.
- Click on a point to locate the zip or postal code that is the most convenient for you
- In addition, the program will discover other bits of the address that you might utilize if necessary
10 Zip Code Sites to Find Your Area Postal Code Easily
10 Zip Code Websites to Easily Find Your Postal Code in Your Area Do you have a certain address in mind?What about the use of a zip code?It’s always a challenge for me to recall these seemingly unattainable figures!In order to purchase anything online or just create a new account, people frequently look for my local zip code on the Internet when they are in need of assistance.Here are a few useful zip code websites that we uncovered, which are quick to produce a postal code for any area you choose.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT: Apps to Video and Voice Call with Friends to Have a Good Time ALSO READ: 14 Sites to Make Money Selling Things on the Internet
How to find a Zip Code Worldwide?
Whatever zip code you desire, the websites listed below will assist you in learning any postal code in the globe, including your own.
What’s My Zip
Whatismyzip.com is a free, lightning-fast web application that allows you to specify your postal code.Allow it to utilize your current location information, and in a few seconds, you’ll be able to view the zip code of the area in where you’re now located.It also displays a portion of a Google map with your likely address on it as well.Unfortunately, the address may not always be precise, so if you have any doubts, type your specific address into the search field to obtain the most accurate zip code possible.Fast and trustworthy results are obtained with this approach.
Wiki provides a comprehensive selection of zip code resources for any location.Even those nations that do not yet have postal codes are mentioned in this section.The links will take you to the relevant Wiki pages that include zip code information for a certain area.It’s also vital to note that Wikipedia gives specifics on the zip code format in question (letter, number, or combined).Once you’ve located the relevant page with a list of postal codes for your country, just press the CTRL+F key combination on your computer to locate the zip code for your street address in seconds.Although the procedure is not as quick as it is with the software mentioned above, you can be certain in the accurate information.
Geo Post Codes
Geopostcodes.com is a free database of 5.8 million zip codes for 127 countries that may be accessed from any computer.In order to obtain yours, simply select a nation, then a region and a city, and then double-check a post code by clicking on the coordinates.You’ll be provided a comprehensive list of regions that fall under a specific code.Due to the possibility of having to check many codes before obtaining the one you want, it might be a little inconvenient.Nonetheless, it is one of the few websites that provides zip codes for all feasible places as well as other important information about other localities.
Another useful source for determining your area code is mapdevelopers.com/what-is-my-zip-code.php.You have the option of allowing the service to estimate your location and provide you with a zip code, or you may input your precise postal address to receive more accurate information.Most languages are accepted on the website, with the exception of several dialects.Furthermore, there are a plethora of additional handy tools available.For example, you may be able to determine which nation you are in, calculate a distance on a map, discover latitude and longitude, and do a variety of other tasks.
On the website geonames.org/postal-codes/, you must first pick a country for which you want to obtain a zip code, then a city, and so on until you reach your destination.The database contains over eleven million place names and covers all of the nations on the planet.Aside from postal codes, you may get a plethora of helpful information on countries, population, land area, and other relevant topics.
How to Find USA Postal Codes?
More often than not, you will only need to memorize a postal code that is exclusive to a single nation. For those who live in the United States, you may find out what your zip code is by visiting one of the following websites.
If you want to discover a zip code on USPS.com, you must first enter your street address in the United States, followed by the city and state.Then click Find, and your postal code will be shown.There is also a page that allows you to obtain the zip code of a corporation.When it comes to delivery, this shipping firm delivers as quickly as they can.Watch this video to learn how to discover a zip code on USPS.com using the search bar.If you need to store it offline, you may do so by following this guide.
United States Zip Codes
If you don’t know the specific address, UnitedStatesZipCodes.org is a great resource for locating an area code. It is possible to begin searching for a postal code by typing your address into the search form; this can be only the name of a city; after that, you can zoom in on the map to identify your location.
City-Data.com gives zip code information as well as demographic and geographic statistics about the region, such as the population, resident age, unemployment rate, family income, and real estate prices. Use either a custom search (which may be any address query) or a map to locate a zip code on this page.
How to Find UK Post Codes?
If you wish to find out the postcode of a certain location in the United Kingdom, the following websites will be of use to you.
Go to Royalmail.com/find-a-postcode, type in your street address, town or city, and then click on Find postcode to receive your postal code.Everything is simple and quick to do!You’ll get search recommendations as you’re typing your query.It should be noted that zip codes in the United Kingdom have a unique format that includes outer (postcode area) and inward (postal district) components, for example, SW19 3AR.
The new website, postoffice.co.uk/postcode-finder, has a similar style to the previous one and functions in the same way. Once you’ve determined the postal code, you may look out the postage cost to that location and even place an order for one. We’d love to hear about any other useful websites for finding a zip code in the comments section below.
The new website, postoffice.co.uk/postcode-finder, has a similar style to the previous one and functions in the same way. Once you’ve determined the postal code, you may look out the postage cost to that location and even place an order for one. We’d love to hear about any other useful websites for finding a zip code in the comments section below.
Latitude and longitude Finder
When you enter an address, the GPS Coordinates Finder converts it to lat and long.Enter the address in the address field and click on the Get GPS Coordinates button to find the latitude and longitude of the location based on the address.Results are displayed on the map coordinates, as well as in the Latitude and Longitude input areas.
- Our gps coordinates tool makes use of the geolocation feature integrated into your browser, which stores your current position in latlong format, as provided by your browser.
- You must grant us permission to access your geolocation information in order for us to be able to determine your present position using GPS coordinates.
- When you first visit our website, you should receive a notice asking for your consent.
Simply choose yes, and you will be ready to begin using our resources.We do not save or disclose your geographic location information with anybody else.You can also use the map coordinates to search for your address as well as your latitude and longitude.
- Our gps coordinates app is available for download for free from the Google Play Store.
- The app has all of the functionality of our web-based application, as well as a few additional capabilities.
- At the bottom of this page, you will find further information about the app and its features.
- Known as GPS coordinates, longitude and latitude are two angles on the globe that establish the precise position of a point on the globe or the GPS coordinates.
- Angular distance between a point east or west of the meridian at Greenwich, England, or west of the normal meridian of a celestial object is measured in degrees of longitude.
- The angular distance between a point on the earth’s surface and the equator is measured in degrees of latitude.
- The angle’s degree of inclination is between -90° and 90°.
- When describing coordinates, longitude and latitude are often given in degrees and minutes.
Every site is identified by its latitude and longitude coordinates, which serve as a kind of unique address for each point.We can trace down someone’s exact location if they provide us with their latitude and longitude coordinates.GPS and navigation solutions are being created to assist drivers in navigating their way across every state and city.
- The GPS systems include a built-in feature that allows them to calculate latitude and longitude locations.
- Not only do drivers gain from these equipment, but everyone who walks will also profit from them as well, according to the manufacturer.
- Our gps coordinates tools have been specifically designed for this purpose.
- In other cases, such as residential addresses or buildings, each one has its own set of GPS coordinates.
- In unknown territory, it is possible to become disoriented when exploring or seeking for an address.
- With the aid of our gps coordinates finder, you will be able to pinpoint your precise location.
- You will be shown with a map of the surrendered neighborhood, which will allow you to determine how far you are from your goal.
- Locating longitude and latitude on a map is accomplished with the coordinate finder or coordinate locator.
- By clicking on the map, it will also search up any address that is entered.
The result will be displayed on both the map coordinates and the fields that relate to them.When you enter an address, the coordinates finder will provide the latitude and longitude.Search for any address on the map using your current GPS coordinates or any other GPS coordinates on the map that you may have.Enter the latitude and longitude of your location into the gps coordinates converter and then click on the Get Address button to obtain the address based on your latitude and longitude coordinates.By clicking on the Get Address button on the coordinates converter page, you may convert any address into sexagesimal GPS coordinates that can be used to find it.
- What are my GPS coordinates, or what are my coordinates on a map?
- Using any browser, you may search up the latitude and longitude of my position or share my coordinates by simply enabling the location feature.
- This will display the precise address, lat long, and the current coordinates of your location.
- When you aren’t sure where you are, Find My Coordinates is a great feature to have on your phone.
- It is simple to determine where you are on the map using GPS coordinates or an address if you are lost.
Simply click on Where am I to find out where you are right now or My Position to find out what latlong and my current location are.
How to use our GPS Coordinates Finder?
- When you visit this page, it will automatically determine your geographic location.
- Make certain that you choose Allow (in Chrome) or Share Location (in Firefox) (in Firefox). It is possible to view where you are on the map above, along with any associated location information
- We do not gather any information about your geographic location.
- GPS Coordinates Converter may be used to convert any address to lat long and vice versa, as well.
- Using the distance calculator, you can also figure out the distance between two points on a coordinate system or the distance between two addresses.
- We also offer a free latitude and longitude app that you may use to find your location.
Latitude Longitude App
- In case you have an Android phone, you may get our Latitude and Longitude app for free. One of the primary functions of the program is to determine your location and assist you in better navigation. Here are a few examples of what the app is capable of. Get or share map coordinates of your preferred place using the Latitude and Longitude app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Find and share the position of a point on a map that has a coordinate system. If you wish to meet someone, you can provide him the location in the form of GPS coordinates, an address, or both
- for example,
- A map will be displayed, with your current coordinates or address displayed on it. When you search for an address, a map of the location you are looking for will be displayed as well.
- The ability to record and save an alphabetical list of addresses or places for future use. This is a feature that can only be accessed through the application. Aside from that, you have the choice of deleting old or existing locations.
- Using the Latitude Longitude app, you can share GPS coordinates in a variety of methods, including social media, email, and messaging.
- You have the option of sharing your current GPS coordinates as well as your current address with whomever you want.
- You may also copy the GPS coordinates, location, or address and paste them anyplace else you like outside of the Latitude app if you choose. It is possible to transfer the GPS coordinates to your navigation system and use them when driving, for example.
- We display the gps coordinates in a variety of formats to ensure that they are compatible with any other tools that you may choose to employ
- When you are lost, you may use the app to locate your location by entering your latitude and longitude coordinates. To ensure that you are aware of your present position, you will be given both the address and GPS coordinates of your current location.
- You may also drag the map coordinates about to see what’s around you and how to get out
- this will help you find your way.
- At the time of writing, the app has over 1 million users and an average rating of 4.3, making it one of the top latitude and longitude applications available in the Google Play store that you can download for free.
GPS Coordinates are used to locate coordinates and determine your present position by utilizing Map Coordinates.The following is a list of other tools that we provide.What is my IP address – To find out what your IP address is, use our ip address lookup tool.
- No information about or storage of your IP address is kept by the program.
- What County Am I In – Find out the county you are now in by entering your address.
- My Location – This feature allows you to find your current location and address.
distance calculator – find the distance between two spots with this tool.Where am I – This is another another tool for determining your current location.A utility to convert gps coordinates to addresses and vice versa is provided by GPS Coordinates Converter.
- States – View latitude and longitude information by state.
- Countries – Locate the GPS coordinates for each of the countries on the map.
- What city am I in right now – find out the city you are now in right now.
- What is my address – find out where you are now located by looking up your address on the internet.
- What Country Am I in – If you are traveling by plane or crossing a border between two nations, you may not be aware of which country you are now in.
- Make use of this tool to find out where you are now located.
- If you are driving and are unsure of which state you are presently in, this tool will help you determine the state you are in at the time of your search.
- What is my zip code – You may be familiar with a location’s or a house’s address, but the zip code may not be immediately apparent because it is not inscribed on the door.
It is possible to find out the actual zip code of your area by utilizing our zip code lookup tool.Geolocation – Calculate the latitude and longitude of your present location or any other point in the world.
Gps Coordinates FAQ
ZIP+4™ Codes Lookup by Address
ZIP+4 Numbers (ZIP Plus 4 Codes) are four-digit codes that are appended to five-digit United States Postal Service ZIP Codes.The first five digits of the postal code identify the country and the post office / delivery region where the package is to be delivered.Individual routes within delivery zones are represented by the final four digits.
- The use of 9-digit ZIP+4 Codes improves the efficiency of routing and delivery.
9-digit Full ZIP Code Lookup by Address
We make it simple to complete a full ZIP+4 Code lookup by address using the United States Postal Service. To discover your ZIP+4 Code, select one of the options listed below.
|Enter an address to lookup the specific ZIP+4 Code.||Lookup several ZIP+4 Codes at once with the Bulk Tool.||Lookup ZIP+4 Codes programmatically using our APIs.|
|ZIP+4 Lookup||Bulk ZIP+4 Lookup||ZIP+4 API Lookup|
- The following topics will be covered in this article: How do I find my ZIP+4 code by address?
- How do I get my ZIP+4 code by phone number?
- How to Make Use of ZIP+4 Codes
- Is It Necessary to Have a Five-Digit ZIP Code?
- Meaning of ZIP Code plus four digits
- ZIP+4 Code Advantages in Detail
- ZIP+4 Code Database
- and Conclusion
How to Find My ZIP+4 Code by Address
If you watch this video, you will learn how to quickly and simply figure out your own ZIP+4 last four numbers. It will take you less than one minute.
How Full ZIP Codes Are Used
Knowing what the last four digits of a ZIP Code are all about necessitates a thorough understanding of what ZIP Codes are in general terms.The Zone Improvement Plan was developed by the United States Postal Service in order to make it simpler to send mail and parcels around the country.Due to the way mail was dispersed, it helped split the country into distinct ″zones,″ which aided in speeding up the sorting and delivery process.
- During the same time period that the Postal Service Department announced the Zone Improvement Plan on July 1, 1963, they also presented the world to Mr.
- ZIP ″Zippy,″ a fictional character created by the Postal Service.
- Zippy is the official ZIP Code mascot, and he can be found on our ZIP Codes 101 website as well.
They also produced the ZIP Code jingle, which goes as follows: The audio element cannot be played because your browser does not support it.Since 1963, as the population of the United States has grown and dispersed, it has become necessary to extend the system in order to accommodate everyone and their canine companion.That’s where the ″plus 4″ portion of the equation comes in.
- However, we’re getting ahead of ourselves, so let’s start with the fundamentals.
USPS Five-Digit ZIP Codes
Learning about ZIP Codes and what they are all about can help you understand what the last four digits of a ZIP Code mean.In order to make it simpler to send letters and goods across the country, the United States Postal Service developed the Zone Improvement Plan.When it came to sorting and delivering mail, it helped to split the country into distinct ″zones″ according to how it was dispersed.
- It was also on July 1, 1963, that the United States Postal Service presented the world to Mr.
- ZIP ″Zippy,″ who was introduced to the globe at the same time as the Zone Improvement Plan.
- Zippy is the official ZIP Code mascot, and you can see him on our ZIP Codes 101 webpage.
A new ZIP Code jingle was also released by the company.Audio elements cannot be played because your browser lacks support for them.Since 1963, as the population of the United States has grown and dispersed, it has become necessary to extend the system in order to accommodate everyone and their canine companions.
- To explain the ″plus 4″ component of the equation, consider the following: Nonetheless, we’re getting ahead of ourselves, so let’s get back to basics.
ZIP Code + 4 Meaning
ZIP+4 Numbers are four-digit codes that are attached to the end of the original five-digit United States Postal Service ZIP Codes.When mailing with the United States Postal Service, using complete ZIP Codes ensures the fastest and most accurate delivery possible.Once an address has been authenticated and shown to be legitimate, they are only made available for that address to be used.
- Each of these numbers corresponds to a distinct delivery route, which refers to the actual path that a postal truck would take in completing a single drop-off.
- Typically, this consists of 10 to twenty different residences or sites.
- PO Boxes are also allocated ZIP+4 codes in addition to their regular ZIP codes.
Typically, each PO Box is assigned a unique +4 Code, which is frequently the same as the box number.Because ZIP codes plus four additional digits are based on delivery routes rather than more permanent borders, the last four digits of a full ZIP Code can vary on a regular basis.ZIP codes plus four additional digits are based on delivery routes rather than more permanent boundaries.
- It is also possible that five-digit ZIP Codes will change, but this will happen seldom; it is far less probable that you will be residing in a ZIP Code when it changes.
- This is not the case for the complete 9-digit ZIP Code.
- The +4 on a ZIP Code can be altered as frequently as once a month, depending on factors like as the number of postal employees on the job, who is assigned to which route, and other factors.
Benefits of Full ZIP+4 Codes
Numerous factors contribute to the good fortune associated with complete ZIP+4 Codes in terms of shipment.For starters, ZIP+4 Codes are subject to validation, which means that if an address has a ZIP+4 code connected to it, you can be certain that it is legitimate.Another advantage is that they may assist you in obtaining bulk mailing savings.
- Another significant advantage of using the final four digits of ZIP Codes is the speed with which packages are delivered.
- Complete ZIP+4 use on your mail can save processing and delivery times by as much as two days, depending on the volume of mail being sent.
- If you mark your items correctly, your mail will arrive more quickly, which is great news!
I bet you’re scurrying around for those codes right now, don’t you?Get those additional four digits.
ZIP+4 Code Database
Using a CASS Certified USPS address validation vendor, such as Smarty, is often the most convenient approach for many users to gain access to the USPS ZIP+4 database.Because ZIP+4 codes are updated on a regular basis, data that is even a month old may be erroneous.Checking addresses against the database on a regular basis can help to guarantee that your data is as clean as it can be.
- It is also possible to gain access to the ZIP+4 Code database for free directly through the United States Postal Service’s website or through the USPS address validation API.
- If you elect to use the United States Postal Service’s database directly for obtaining ZIP+4 codes and validating addresses, proceed with caution.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) has tight regulations for utilizing their address information, as well as performance constraints that might make your job more difficult.
Prior to using their APIs, make sure you read the terms of service for the company.Our page on USPS APIs has a thorough list of restrictions and limitations.
Conclusion | What is My 9 Digit ZIP Code?
There will be three questions in the quiz:
- ZIP+4 codes are used to identify delivery routes.
- Using ZIP+4 Codes expedites and improves the accuracy of your mail delivery.
- Smarty (previously SmartyStreets) can provide you with such codes
- just let us know what you need.
If you only want to test it on one address, you may do it right now by using our single address verification tool.We process addresses using our lightning-fast USPS address verification API, which returns the right ZIP+4 Code for each address that we process.Please go ahead and verify the postal address you’ve been given.
- Alternatively, if you’d rather to speak with a live person, you may phone us at the number above.
- A fictitious person would be offered instead, but we do not have one of those on staff.) With either case, we can assist you in ZIP-ing your address and ZIP-ing it well.
CI Gateway Zip Code List
|90201||Bell||Los Angeles County|
|90201||Bell Gardens||Los Angeles County|
|90201||Cudahy||Los Angeles County|
|90202||Bell||Los Angeles County|
|90202||Bell Gardens||Los Angeles County|
|90209||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90210||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90211||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90212||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90213||Beverly Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90220||Rancho Dominguez||Los Angeles County|
|90220||Compton||Los Angeles County|
|90221||East Rancho Dominguez||Los Angeles County|
|90221||Compton||Los Angeles County|
|90222||Rosewood||Los Angeles County|
|90222||Compton||Los Angeles County|
|90223||Compton||Los Angeles County|
|90224||Rancho Dominguez||Los Angeles County|
|90224||Compton||Los Angeles County|
|90230||Culver City||Los Angeles County|
|90231||Culver City||Los Angeles County|
|90232||Culver City||Los Angeles County|
|90233||Culver City||Los Angeles County|
|90239||Downey||Los Angeles County|
|90240||Downey||Los Angeles County|
|90241||Downey||Los Angeles County|
|90242||Downey||Los Angeles County|
|90245||El Segundo||Los Angeles County|
|90247||Gardena||Los Angeles County|
|90248||Gardena||Los Angeles County|
|90249||Gardena||Los Angeles County|
|90250||Holly Park||Los Angeles County|
|90250||Hawthorne||Los Angeles County|
|90251||Hawthorne||Los Angeles County|
|90254||Hermosa Beach||Los Angeles County|
|90255||Walnut Park||Los Angeles County|
|90255||Huntington Park||Los Angeles County|
|90260||Lawndale||Los Angeles County|
|90261||Lawndale||Los Angeles County|
|90262||Lynwood||Los Angeles County|
|90263||Malibu||Los Angeles County|
|90264||Malibu||Los Angeles County|
|90265||Malibu||Los Angeles County|
|90266||Manhattan Beach||Los Angeles County|
|90267||Manhattan Beach||Los Angeles County|
|90270||Bell||Los Angeles County|
|90270||Maywood||Los Angeles County|
|90272||Pacific Palisades||Los Angeles County|
|90274||Palos Verdes Peninsula||Los Angeles County|
|90274||Palos Verdes Estates||Los Angeles County|
|90274||Rolling Hills||Los Angeles County|
|90274||Rolling Hills Estates||Los Angeles County|
|90275||Palos Verdes Peninsula||Los Angeles County|
|90275||Palos Verdes Estates||Los Angeles County|
|90275||Rancho Palos Verdes||Los Angeles County|
|90275||Rolling Hills Estates||Los Angeles County|
|90277||Redondo Beach||Los Angeles County|
|90278||Redondo Beach||Los Angeles County|
|90280||South Gate||Los Angeles County|
|90290||Topanga||Los Angeles County|
|90291||Playa Del Rey||Los Angeles County|
|90291||Venice||Los Angeles County|
|90292||Marina Del Rey||Los Angeles County|
|90292||Venice||Los Angeles County|
|90293||Playa Del Rey||Los Angeles County|
|90293||Venice||Los Angeles County|
|90294||Venice||Los Angeles County|
|90295||Marina Del Rey||Los Angeles County|
|90295||Venice||Los Angeles County|
|90296||Playa Del Rey||Los Angeles County|
|90296||Venice||Los Angeles County|
41,692 ZIP Codes – U.S. Postal Facts
There are a total of 41,683 ZIP Codes in the United States.The ZIP Codes run from 00501 in Holtsville, New York, which belongs to the Internal Revenue Service, to 99950 in Ketchikan, Alaska.Which one is the simplest to recall?
- 12345 is an unusual ZIP Code for General Electric, which is located in Schenectady, New York.
- What is the ZIP Code for this location?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) created the ZIP Code in 1963.The first number reflects a basic geographic region of the country, with ″0″ representing the eastern hemisphere and ″9″ representing the western hemisphere.After that, the following two digits designate regional districts, while the next two numbers designate particular Post Offices or postal zones in big metropolitan areas.
- By using an international postal code (ZIP+4), which was first used in 1983, mail may be sorted to particular addresses such as specific streets, buildings, residences, and companies.
- ZIP Codes are now critical components of the United States’ 911 emergency response system.
- ZIP is an abbreviation for Zone or Zoning Improvement Plan.
- Trademarks Trademarks The United States Postal Service owns a large number of trademarks, including the Eagle Logo, the trade dress of USPS packaging, the Letter Carrier Uniform, the Postal Truck, and the following marks: Forever®, Global Express Guaranteed®, IMb®, Informed Delivery®, Intelligent Mail®, Label BrokerTM, Parcel Select®, Post Office®, Pony Express®, Postal Inspection ServiceTM, PostalOne!®, PostalPolice®, PostalProud®, Priority Mail Express International®, Priority Mail Flat Rate®, Priority Mail International Service®, Priority Mail Intenational Service®, Priority Mail International Service®, Priority Mail International Service, Priority This is not an exhaustive list of all trademarks owned by the United States Postal Service.
- Dollar General®, Forest Stewardship Council®, McDonald’s®, National Dog Bite Prevention Week®, Starbucks®, Subway®, Sustainable Forestry Initiative®, The Climate Registry® are examples of non-postal trademarks.
- Postal Facts 2022 is a website that provides information about the United States Postal Service to the general public.
- Unless otherwise stated, the facts contained in this publication may be reproduced solely for the purpose of stating the fact in its entirety, as well as in a business, informational, or academic context, and in the body of text discussing factual subject matter relevant to the fact being presented.
- However, these facts may become out of date after they have been published, so it is recommended that you seek the most recent information.
Produced by Corporate Communications for the United States Postal Service The United States Postal Service is scheduled to close in 2022.All intellectual property rights are reserved.The United States Postal Service will operate from 2016 to 2022.
- All intellectual property rights are reserved.
More details about this data
About postal codes in the UK
The borders of all 5-digit postal code regions in the United Kingdom are depicted on this map of the United Kingdom’s postcode areas.This postal code system was designed by the Royal Mail, the national postal service of the United Kingdom, to split the country into several geographical zones.Each region of the United Kingdom is assigned a unique code, which makes it simple to locate specific locations.
- Postal codes are also known as postcodes in the United Kingdom.
- The first postcode system in the United Kingdom split London and other main cities in the country.
- A complete postcode denotes a geographic region that contains a number of addresses or a single primary delivery point.
Postal code structure of the United Kingdom
- The borders of the five-digit postal codes or districts in the United Kingdom are depicted on the map below. The following traits and attributes are contained within these 5-digit postal codes: The first and second numbers designate a specific local town or larger metropolitan area, such as London
- the second one or two digits designate a specific region and are separated by a space
- and the third one or two digits designate a specific country.
- Last, but not least, the final portion of the UK postal codes is made up of one number and two letters. An arbitrary code is what this is referred to as.
Current postal code range of the UK
Postal Codes in the United Kingdom (UK): The current postal code (postal code) range for the United Kingdom (UK) is: AB10 1 – ZE3 9. Aberdeen, Scotland is the location of the country’s lowest 5-digit postal code (AB10 1). Grutness, a tiny village on the Shetland Islands, is home to the world’s highest postal code (ZE3 9), which is located there.
Difference Between Zip Code and Postal Code (with Comparison Chart)
We are all aware that anytime we write our postal address while mailing something to someone in another location, we must include a code at the end, indicating the precise location for which the address is intended.These codes, which can be integers or a mix of numbers and letters, represent a geographic place, point, or route and can be read on a map.They are postal codes that are used by the postal service or courier businesses to automate the sorting of mail and ensure that it is delivered as quickly as possible.
- However, the postal code is not utilized by all nations, and in some cases, the ZIP code is used instead of the postal code.
- In the same way that a postal code serves the same purpose, zip codes are used by countries such as the United States and the Philippines to identify locations.
- When it comes to postal codes and zip codes, there is a very fine line between them.
Although they are different, both are used for routing and sorting mail and for assessing the time and cost of conveying the mail, among other things.Furthermore, these codes are beneficial in the collection of demographic information on a country’s economy.
Content: Zip Code Vs Postal Code
- Comparison Chart
- Key Differences
|Basis for Comparison||Zip Code||Postal Code|
|Meaning||The zip code is nothing but a coding system commonly used in the United States which helps in identifying the location and accelerating the delivery of mail.||Postal Code is an alphanumeric or numeric code, which helps in tracking the location at which the mail-piece has to be delivered.|
|Countries||The United States and the Philippines||All the other countries except the US and the Philippines.|
|Objective||Reference and location identification||Reference, location identification, census and route planning|
|Contains||Numbers only||Numbers only or a combination of numbers and letters, or sometimes punctuation marks are also used with numbers and letters.|
Definition of Zip Code
The term Zip Code is an abbreviation for Zone Improvement Plan, which was first used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) in 1963 and is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan.When it comes to parcels, packages, and letters, zip codes are primarily used to identify the precise spot where they are to be delivered.By separating the country into basic geographic categories, zip codes help to speed up the postal delivery system by making the sorting of mail easier.
- These geographical groups may include a variety of addresses, companies, landmarks, and other features.
- Previously, it was a five-digit number, but it has since been altered to a nine-digit number in order to better identify the location where the mail is to be delivered.
Definition of Postal Code
In general, a postal code may be defined as a coding system that is used by many nations throughout the world to simplify the automatic sorting of mail.It is a set of numbers, or a mix of numbers and letters, that assists postal departments and courier businesses in identifying the precise location and location where the mail is to be delivered or dropped off.The postal code represents the range of delivery jurisdiction, which means that there is a single postal code that may be used for a variety of delivery locations that are all under the jurisdiction of the same postal code.
- For this purpose, postal codes are assigned on an area-by-area basis, and as a result, they are associated with a specific geographic place; nevertheless, the format and application of postal codes vary from one country to another.
- As a result, postal codes may encompass the entire nation, a region, a municipality, a district, a street, a military unit, or any other geographic area.
Key Differences Between Zip Code and Postal Code
Below are some examples of the differences between a zip code and a postal code that are discussed:
- A ZIP Code is a postal code that is used in a few countries in conjunction with a postal address to designate the location to which mail is to be delivered. However, the postal code refers to the code that is used in the postal address and which aids in the sorting of letters in order to ensure that they reach their intended destination.
- While the United States Postal Services (USPS) first introduced the Zip Code system in 1963, it wasn’t until 1959 that the Postal Code system was officially formed. Zip Codes are most often used in the United States and the Philippines. Postal Codes, on the other hand, are used throughout the rest of the world
- Zip Codes, on the other hand, are used to categorize areas in order to assist the sorting of mail, for which it indicates the place to which the mail is directed. While on the other hand, postal codes are used for the purposes of identifying and referring to specific locations as well as route planning and the collection of demographic data.
- The zip code is made up entirely of numbers, whereas the postal code is made up of numbers or a combination of numbers and letters, and occasionally punctuation is included in the code along with the numbers and letters
Many nations across the globe include codes in their postal addresses, which may be the postal code, the zip code, or any other comparable code, by whatever name it is referred to.These frequently make the transportation and delivery of mail easier, faster, and more efficient, which not only saves the time and effort of the delivery man, but also reduces confusion if two places in a city or town are known by the same name, as is the case in many cities and towns.
Area Codes and Numbering
Known as the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) in the United States, Canada, and several Caribbean nations is governed by the North American Numbering Plan Administrator under the framework of the North American Numbering Plan (NANPA).NANP is divided into smaller Numbering Plan Areas, which are individually identifiable by a three-digit number, which is referred to as an area code in common parlance.In the NANP, telephone numbers are structured in the following manner: NPA is the 3-digit area code that identifies a specific geographic region; NXX is the 3-digit prefix that identifies a specific central office within an area code; and XXXX is the 4-digit line number that identifies a specific line within a central office.
- Even though the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) maintains sole power over telephone numbering in the United States, the FCC has delegated particular authority to state regulatory bodies in order to streamline the process.
- The CPUC is tasked with carrying out area code relief and number conservation in California in line with Public Utilities Code Sections 7930-7943.
- The CPUC was granted jurisdiction by the Federal Communications Commission.
In the state of California, there are presently 36 area codes.When there are no longer any three-digit prefixes available in the existing area code, a new area code is assigned to a geographic region in which it is needed.Area codes are introduced in the form of a geographic division or an overlay, depending on the circumstances.
- Since 2006, the state of California has introduced twelve new area codes using the overlay approach.
California Area Codes
211 – Information and referral services for the community.The 211 service is offered by community-based or government groups in the local area that have been granted permission by the CPUC to utilize the 211 code to give information and referrals to health and human services.Non-emergency governmental services are classified as 311.
- Municipal governments are in charge of administering the 311 service.
- 411 – Assistance with Local Directory Searches.
- Independent or individual telecommunications service providers provide 411 directory help to their customers.
511 – Information about traffic and transportation conditions.Five-one (511) activities are overseen by the California Highway Patrol, the California Department of Transportation, and municipal transportation organizations.611 – General Customer Service is the number to dial.
- Individual telecoms service providers are responsible for providing the 611 service.
- 711 is the number for the Telecommunications Relay Service for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Throughout California, Hamilton Relay is in charge of providing 711 Relay service.
- 811 – This phone number is for calling before you dig to gain access to the location of underground utilities.
- Underground Service Alert, a non-profit company, administers 811 calls and maintains two call centers: USA North 811 for northern California and Dig Alert for southern California, both of which are located in San Francisco.
- Emergency services can be reached by dialing 911.
- Local public safety agencies and the California Office of Emergency Services collaborate to manage the functioning of the 911 emergency service system.
- The number 988 is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of approximately 170 local and state-funded crisis centers.
Information for Consumers
As of July 16, 2020, the Federal Communications Commission designated 988 as the 3-digit code for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (FCC 20-100), and ordered that all area codes with the 988 prefix in use and 7-digit dialing be converted to 1+10-digit dialing in order to avoid routing issues when calls are dialed using the 9-8-8 3-digit code.According to the FCC, this ruling will have an impact on the area codes 209, 530, 562, 626, 650, 707, 925, 949, and 951 in California.
By December 2022, it is expected that the 209 area code will have used up all of its available prefixes. The CPUC has approved the addition of a new area code to the 209 area code using the overlay technique. The CPUC has yet to approve the new area code.
- View the 209 area code webcast
- Download the 209 area code presentation
In the year 2022, it is expected that the 209 area code will have used up all of its remaining prefixes. The CPUC must approve the addition of a new area code to the 209 area code using the overlay technique.
- View the 707 area code webcast
- Download the 707 area code presentation
Information for Carriers
By December 2022, the 209 area code is expected to have used up all of its available prefixes. The CPUC has approved the addition of a new area code to the 209 area code through the use of an overlay approach.
- Process for carriers requesting safety valve relief
Please refer any inquiries you have about telephone numbers and area codes to the CPUC Public Advisor’s Office, which may be reached by email at [email protected], or by phone at (916) 661-6000.
- Phone at 1-866-849-8390, or
Postal letter should be sent to: Public Advisor’s Office, California Public Utilities Commission, 505 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94102
California 170th Anniversary of Statehood (1850): September 9, 2020
According to the Guide to 2010 State and Local Census Geography — California — History, ″The United States acquired the region of California from Mexico in 1848, with a border that was largely the same as the current state’s.″ From 1848 until statehood, the region known as California was never established as a territory, but was managed by a federal military authority.In 1850, California was admitted to the Union as the 31st state and became the state with the most population.Beginning with the 1850 census, census statistics for California are accessible; however, the data for 1850 is partial due to the loss of questionnaires from Contra Costa and Santa Clara Counties, as well as the destruction of questionnaires from San Francisco County, due to a fire.
- Some of the missing 1850 data has been replaced using information from a state census taken in 1852,″ says the author.
Statistic for all states and counties, as well as information on municipalities having a population of 5,000 or more people, is available from QuickFacts.Please keep in mind that the dashboard seen above has been cropped at the bottom.To see the complete dashboard, please click on the image.
- Note: Once you have created an account, you will be able to pick between State Export Data (Origin of Movement) and State Import Data (State of Destination) via Harmonized System (HS) or North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
- Please visit the Quick Start Guide for further details.
- According to the U.S.
Census Bureau’s historical records:
The Surprising History and Meaning Behind Every Zip Code
Written letters may be losing popularity in favor of electronic communication such as email and cell phones, but there will still be a demand for mail delivery in the foreseeable future—and therefore a requirement for zip codes.Beyond the possibility of determining property taxes, what exactly do zip codes imply and why do we have them are still a mystery.Contrary to popular belief, zip codes are a far more recent occurrence than you might expect.
- However, they are just 52 years old—a idea that was first suggested during World War II and first implemented on a formal basis in 1963.
- The zip (Zoning Improvement Plan) code was devised when the United States Postal Service lost a significant amount of its workforce while fighting in World War II.
- As a result, they need a straightforward method of assisting the overworked postal service in delivering mail efficiently.
When the zip code was initially created, it was merely a two-digit number: the first digit designated the city, and the second digit denoted the state.However, when the need for delivery increased, the notion of a zip code evolved.Since 1963, the numbers assigned to zip codes have been decided by a few factors: the geographic area, the regional postal facility, and the local zone.
- The first number in the five-digit code represents the area in which the address is situated, and it increases in value as one moves from the east coast to the west coast of the United States.
- The eastern states such as Maine and New York, for example, begin with the numbers 0 or 1, but the western states such as California and Washington begin with the number 9.
- Within each initial area, the second and third digits of the code designate a smaller zone, which corresponds to a single post office building serving the whole area as a whole.
- The final two digits of the address designate the location of the local post office.
- You may have noticed that zip codes frequently contain a hyphenated four-digit number at the end of them that is seldom utilized.